3.4

1. Feb 15, 2013
    I would give the game a 4.75 but im rounding up, The game is disappointing, has some decent moments but is muddled down by terrible AI, stiff animations, and odd texture pop ins and lack of detail. not to mention the shooting is not really the best, and there is a lack of tension. This is just a shooting gallery with xenos.
  2. Feb 15, 2013
    Heres the deal kiddies, im 25 years old. ive been playing pc games fps since doom, quake, descent, wolfenstein etc etc came out. i can assure you do not waste your time and money on this game, lucky for me i picked it up for $50 instead of steam high price of $80. The game AI is terrible, they run around with bad ai decision sometimes even running past your team mates in single playerHeres the deal kiddies, im 25 years old. ive been playing pc games fps since doom, quake, descent, wolfenstein etc etc came out. i can assure you do not waste your time and money on this game, lucky for me i picked it up for $50 instead of steam high price of $80. The game AI is terrible, they run around with bad ai decision sometimes even running past your team mates in single player games just to shoot you. the gun sound effects are awful and movement in general feels so unatural and stiff. if you like the feeling of cod s movements, aliens is completely opposite you feel like a robot. MULTIPLAYER IS you cant choose your sides, the matches are about 2 minutes each so once you get the hang of things your automatically playing an alien role and have no clue what your doing... multiplayer can only hold 10 so 5 vs 5 and because the matches are literally like 2 min each round you cant make technical or team work decision its really just a run and shoot whatever moves in your sight. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY A TRUSTED GAME LIKE BLACKOPS NOT THIS GAME TRUST ME. Expand
  3. Feb 15, 2013
    The absolute worst game of 2013 so far. The single player is 5 HOURS, FIVE MO******CKING HOURS AND IT IS BORING, REPETITIVE AND PREDICTABLE. The characters are forgettable. The story is forgettable. The AI is they stop and wait for you and forgets that there is Xenomorphs around. And my biggest complain is that you fight Weyland-Yutani soldiers INSTEAD OF XENOMORPHS WHY THE HELL WOULDThe absolute worst game of 2013 so far. The single player is 5 HOURS, FIVE MO******CKING HOURS AND IT IS BORING, REPETITIVE AND PREDICTABLE. The characters are forgettable. The story is forgettable. The AI is they stop and wait for you and forgets that there is Xenomorphs around. And my biggest complain is that you fight Weyland-Yutani soldiers INSTEAD OF XENOMORPHS WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DO THAT!? THIS IS AN ALIENS GAME! Ok so the story is you are a guy named Winter and you are on a spaceship when it gets attacked by xenomorphs then you find out that guess who is behind it? That is right Weyland-Yutani then the spaceship crashes on the planet then find Hadley's Hope after that the story is BULL****! Expand
  4. Feb 15, 2013
    A disgrace to the Alien movies and an unfinished turd of a game. Screw you, Gearbox! This POS is barely worth $10, let alone $50. You've got some nerve trying to get garbage like this past us and I won't even GLANCE at a product with your name on it again.
  5. Feb 15, 2013
    I'm not going to write a long review, all I have to say about this horrid pile of steaming crab has been said before.

False marketing, bait and switch. Everyone involved should have their companies and assets seized.
  6. Feb 15, 2013
    Falsely Advertised with fake "Actual in-game footage"

-Terrible AI
    -Terrible Story
    -Very buggy Single Player and Multi-player
    -No Dedicated servers so hosts constantly leaving
    - Terrible Alien pathfinding when crawling around in MP getting stuck etc.

Pathetic attempt, even replaying the recent Aliens versus Predator by Rebellion which has better Graphics, Story and AI.

1/10 at most
  7. Feb 15, 2013
    i gave it a six out of ten, basically i enjoyed the game, it wasn't until it was pointed out that the game was nothing like what the demo promised i felt cheated a little, but hoping the devs can do something to keep supporting the franchis with animation,Ai and texture upgrades, and hopefully do what Bioware did with ME3 and release some "extended version" DLC cutscenes to better explaini gave it a six out of ten, basically i enjoyed the game, it wasn't until it was pointed out that the game was nothing like what the demo promised i felt cheated a little, but hoping the devs can do something to keep supporting the franchis with animation,Ai and texture upgrades, and hopefully do what Bioware did with ME3 and release some "extended version" DLC cutscenes to better explain the storyline. I hope gearbox, and Randy don't abandon this franchise, it CAN BE MADE RIGHT you can start by releasing a HD texture pack and a lighting overhaul Expand
  8. Feb 15, 2013
    It has some glaring issues that could be repaired in future patches. From a single player perspective, the writing is sub-standard although supposed to be canon and there are portions of voice acting where the NPC's sound as if they don't care for the script. Even still, with a multiplayer group, and the highest difficulty settings some fun may still be had by a few gamers. I wouldn'tIt has some glaring issues that could be repaired in future patches. From a single player perspective, the writing is sub-standard although supposed to be canon and there are portions of voice acting where the NPC's sound as if they don't care for the script. Even still, with a multiplayer group, and the highest difficulty settings some fun may still be had by a few gamers. I wouldn't recommend it for someone solely wishing to play single-player mode, as it has no new game or replay value. Expand
  9. Feb 15, 2013
    Second review... campaign is complete crap.. multiplayer is fun at first but there isn't enough variety.. found out there were things not in the game that were suppose to be...

As a whole it's still not worth $50, more like $15
  10. Feb 15, 2013
    1) Atrocious AI; especially the aliens. They just make a beeline for you.
    2) Dated graphics; unlike what was seen in the demos.
    3) First level was great with a great atmosphere and build up. It stops there, at the first level.
    4) "EPIC" boss battle.
    5) This is related to the second point; there's absolutely no sense of dread or "feel". Flip switch, run and gun, flip switch, run and gun.
  11. Feb 14, 2013
    Campaign: Not worth to mention: Broken AI. Story is illogical garbge. It's running in circles and shoot aliens. Let's move to the Multiplayer: Matchmaking: No dedicated Servers. "Host leaved the game" every few minutes. Not much more to say Feeling: (Alien) Switching to the third person view may be a good descision for making gameplay more smooth, but the lack of proper animations and theCampaign: Not worth to mention: Broken AI. Story is illogical garbge. It's running in circles and shoot aliens. Let's move to the Multiplayer: Matchmaking: No dedicated Servers. "Host leaved the game" every few minutes. Not much more to say Feeling: (Alien) Switching to the third person view may be a good descision for making gameplay more smooth, but the lack of proper animations and the fact that the alien moves like your put a stick up his and now pulling some strings absolutly ruins it. Feeling: (Marine) It's ok. I'm missing some kind of distant radio. I had a guy with his micro not muted and i could hear the dampened gunfire while catching up with the group. It was actually pretty cool. Otherwise the game lacks a proper envoirement sound set. If you spawn after death somewhere you can't hear nothing. It's so peaceful, you may settle down and have a picnic with a nearby spitter. Also the guns feel somehow cheap, like made out of lego bricks. To be honest all the models feel like i bought a 14,99 Indie game. Maps: The maps i played so far are uther rubbish. Sorry envoirement artist and level designers, but did you play your maps once? There's no tatic. It's just "find the best spot to sit on" and stay there and shooting the aliens coming from two directions. Forget vents, they're placed almost randomly without strategic purpose. Season Pass: You expect me to pay 30 bucks for you to maybe fix this, really? There are some things cool about this game but it doesnt compensate the games overall cheap feeling and bad, bad, bad, BAD map design. Just my personal opinion on this.... Expand
  12. Feb 14, 2013
    If you look at this game entirely by itself it is quite solid. I don't get all the yelling. It is neither "crap" nor garbage but rather solid. The graphics are not top notch but good enough (especially if you don't have a state-of-the-art PC but instead a machine from 2-3 years ago). Running Around with a buddy in coop and shooting Xenos is quite fun and the sounds are accurate to theIf you look at this game entirely by itself it is quite solid. I don't get all the yelling. It is neither "crap" nor garbage but rather solid. The graphics are not top notch but good enough (especially if you don't have a state-of-the-art PC but instead a machine from 2-3 years ago). Running Around with a buddy in coop and shooting Xenos is quite fun and the sounds are accurate to the movie. The music fits the atmosphere well. The Levels closely resemble the look and feel of "Aliens". If you expect a slow "horror-survival" type of game you will probably be disappointed but if you want a solid shooter with a working coop mode in the very cool Aliens setting then I say it is probably worth the about 30 euros I paid for it. The game everyone somehow expected or wanted it to be would be a straight 9-10... what we got is a 7-8ish. Expand
  13. Feb 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing for a few hours I've already kind of lost interest in the game entirely. I was really excited for this game because I loved the original movies, but this game is pretty disappointing. The visuals are rather outdated, which isn't a deal breaker for me at all, but some of the textures in this game are laughably low resolution. One think I really noticed was how the characters look slightly cartoonish. It almost reminds me of the Jurassic Park video game by Telltale; in regards to the visual style the characters are given. It isn't as pronounced as Telltale's style, but it's still noticeable. The game doesn't have much of a budget for poly count. A lot of models rely almost entirely on textures for intricate details (and do it poorly). Levels tend to have block syndrome as well. As far as the environment art goes, they nailed the old Aliens look pretty well.

The pacing of the story is awkward at times. Missions and cut scenes tend to start and end abruptly. There was one point in the game where I was on the bridge of a space ship and my crew and I watch helplessly as our ship explodes. We stand perfectly still, unaffected by the blast. Then the mission ends suddenly and at the start of the next mission, we're all lying on the floor of the bridge as if the blast had violently shaken the ship we were on, knocking us all off our feet. Very awkward moment. It's not a HUGE deal, but it's amazing how they overlooked this. There's more of it throughout the campaign. There's even a few glaring issues with the core gameplay. Some sites on weapons don't seem centered. Hit detection also seems off at times, especially around cover. If an enemy is behind cover but you can still see a little bit of their body sticking out, it's nearly impossible to hit them. But whenever you take cover, you frequently get hit by random bullets every few seconds. To top it all off, AI is pretty wonky in this game. Your companions CONSTANTLY walk in front of you as you're firing. I blew myself up at least 6 times because one of my allies walked in front of me RIGHT when I decided to fire a shell from my under-barrel grenade launcher. Very frustrating to say the least. This game had a lot of potential and you can even see it when playing, but it just falls completely flat on its face.
  14. Feb 14, 2013
    I'm only going to talk about the singleplayer/co-op campaign.

What it does right: The game level design, sound and music are all true to the license. It has some really nice references to the movie hidden throughout. The graphics are not ground breaking but are good enough. In other words, they set the scene for an awesome aliens game really well. What it does wrong: It completely
    I'm only going to talk about the singleplayer/co-op campaign.

What it does wrong: It completely removes the atmosphere the aliens franchise is known for. There are no moments when your fighting for you life. There are no jump scares. And the aliens do not behave like a dangerous opponent, in fact they spend most of their time walking at a reasonably slow pace with very little climbing on walls and roofs, and are just simple head straight towards target AIs like Serious Sam and just walk mindlessly towards you. Unlike Serious Sam you don't fight hordes of enemies or need keyboard agility to avoid them. In fact you can kinda half be asleep while in heavy combat in this game. The other thing which brings the game down is the fact you can carry all weapons and ammo at once, this basically turns you into a tank with unlimited ammo and in the aliens franchise ammo conservation is an important part of the fear factor.
    Summary: If you looking for an alien fix and don't mind the other species your best bet is still Aliens Vs Predator (The original one not the new one) and its sequel and play through the marine campaign.
  15. Feb 14, 2013
    I am very disappointed. The demo looked so good with all the effects and graphics and the final game looks like a bad joke. The KI is horrible, the game is very linear and the Aliens are not scary they are just canon fodder. The game has 11 level. From this 11 level there are 3 or 4 level which repeat, so you play them and later you have to play them again, just in another mission. LastI am very disappointed. The demo looked so good with all the effects and graphics and the final game looks like a bad joke. The KI is horrible, the game is very linear and the Aliens are not scary they are just canon fodder. The game has 11 level. From this 11 level there are 3 or 4 level which repeat, so you play them and later you have to play them again, just in another mission. Last there is the horrible end. This game is a huge disappointment and you shouldn't even think to buy it. Expand
  16. Feb 14, 2013
    I realize a lot of people are pissed about the long development and the over-hyping from the publishers, but as a serious fan of the films, I found A:CM enjoyable and worthwhile. I pre-paid my $50 and I don't feel like I've been ripped off, especially since I started diving into the multiplayer modes, which I already know I'm going to spend WAY too much time with. Some specifics:I realize a lot of people are pissed about the long development and the over-hyping from the publishers, but as a serious fan of the films, I found A:CM enjoyable and worthwhile. I pre-paid my $50 and I don't feel like I've been ripped off, especially since I started diving into the multiplayer modes, which I already know I'm going to spend WAY too much time with. Some specifics:

PROS: It's fun! I enjoyed the hell out of the SP campaign, warts and all. Yeah, it's a bit short, but the challenges, some of which are really difficult, and the hidden items (dog tags, legendary weapons, audio logs) give it replay value. I'll probably give it another go on the hardest difficulty. A few of the sections are truly difficult, and I like that there's no quicksave/quickload option it makes the sequences a lot more suspenseful than other shooters where you can save every 5 seconds. Several of the sequences were downright nerve-wracking, such as the alien zombies that respond to sound, and the final battle with the Queen. I've only spent a few hours with the MP modes but I can already tell I'm going to become obsessed with leveling up my profiles. Playing as the xenomorphs is unexpectedly fun and rewarding once you get the hang of it. CONS: SP campaign story is pretty freaking silly. I've seen these movies hundreds of times (literally) and the attempt to connect ALIENS and ALIEN 3 while keeping Hicks alive is beyond ludicrous (his "explanation" of who was in his ejected cryotube on the EEV is a howler for the ages). Having Hicks in this story is totally unnecessary fan service. I love that you run across Hudson's corpse at one point, and I even like the legendary weapons and the dog tags that are spread everywhere (even though they're found in locations that the movie characters could have never been in). They work in references to all the movies even PROMETHEUS, which doesn't make a shred of sense, obviously, but I appreciated the effort. Overall, though, it's the setting you play for and on my PC with everything maxed out the locations looked great. Some tearing here and there, but the aliens are very detailed. The AI is not great, but not the worst I've ever seen either. I DEFINITELY wouldn't describe it as "broken" as so many others had. The cut-scenes are not very good, however. The dialogue/acting is fine (well, okay, the dialogue is often pretty awful) but the facial detail/animation is really bad and looks unfinished. And the scenes appear to be rendered in 720p, or maybe even lower.

In closing, maybe this should have had more polish it before it shipped, but it is nowhere close the trainwreck everyone is complaining about. Taken out of context of the ridiculous hype, it's a solid, fun shooter that any fan of the films is likely to enjoy for many, many hours.
  17. Feb 14, 2013
    Si bien el juego se ve antiguo, es un gran juego.. la campaña dura solamente 6 horas, pero tiene mucha rejugabilidad por el sistema de lvl y desbloqueos de armas/mejoras. La IA es absurdamente tonta, pero jugando en coop es donde el juego brilla y se hace realmente divertido.
    las texturas son similares a las que tiene el juego Rage de ID Software, de cerca son horribles, pero mirando desde cierta distancia la ambientacion es muy bien lograda.
    El juego podria ser mejor? si
    pero lo compensa con un modo multiplayer que cuando funciona, es realmente divertido.
    mi puntaje es un 7, y si hubiera tenido mejores graficas el puntaje seria mayor.
  18. Feb 14, 2013
    What's worse? A bad game or a disappointment? How about both? How about both and using the Aliens franchise? Gearbox does it again-this game elicits the same feelings I had when I played Duke Nukem Forever. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Gearbox software. Far away.
  19. Feb 14, 2013
    Generally a disappointment, the Aliens atmosphere is there with the sound and lighting effects but the AI is really poor and this really effects the gun play. The weapons are good, each has a role to play and the customization is pretty good allowing you to change the guns to fit your play style.

Overall its worth a rental or if you can pick it up cheaply but I doubt many people would be happy paying the full retail price for this game.
  20. Feb 14, 2013
    If your an Aliens fan like me then AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS!!! The story is so pathetically put together that it doesn't even have an explanation that links this game to the movies. It's like no research went into making it in the first place! The characters are so uninteresting and their AI is incredibly DUMB. The aliens AI is so stupid that it basically runs at you straight past the dumbIf your an Aliens fan like me then AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS!!! The story is so pathetically put together that it doesn't even have an explanation that links this game to the movies. It's like no research went into making it in the first place! The characters are so uninteresting and their AI is incredibly DUMB. The aliens AI is so stupid that it basically runs at you straight past the dumb NPC who is closer! Aliens even get stuck doing what they 're good at, clinging to walls! The level design is appalling! It's like a CoD game where you keep pushig forward. The graphics are so, soo, sooo dated! Even the collisions aren't working, with aliens running right through NPCs and bullets impacting on, well nothing! Coop is a joke! Other players somehow mysteriously teleport in from nowhere and have no idea what they should be doing, except shooting. Multiplayer is probably the only thing that is good about this game, but even that is flawed. No dedicated servers, imbalanced matchmaking system and in the right hands an alien can be OP because they can see through walls! From Borderlands 2 to this? Gearbox, You need to shift up to 6th because this is unacceptable!! Expand
  21. Feb 14, 2013
    I don't need to write a review on Aliens: Colonial Marines, as all that needs to be said has been said, but I wanted to rant about an experience I had with the game, and I'm not even done with it yet. I really tried to look past all of the bad reviews and just experience the single player campaign for myself. Honestly I have been actually enjoying the game. I did find a few flaws with it:I don't need to write a review on Aliens: Colonial Marines, as all that needs to be said has been said, but I wanted to rant about an experience I had with the game, and I'm not even done with it yet. I really tried to look past all of the bad reviews and just experience the single player campaign for myself. Honestly I have been actually enjoying the game. I did find a few flaws with it: Like my two AI buddies being able to run right through each other. Aliens can also occupy the exact same space as well. I'm not sure why they didn't allow for colliders on the 3D entities. Also, the music sometimes would work, and other times it wouldn't work. I would have these firefights, that seemed kind of bland, and I would notice that no music was going on. Then I would get killed, and when the scene restarted, there would be music there. That is the equivalent of going through a haunted house, and one of the animatronics breaking down during the ride. I guess my biggest gripe is that the game appeared not to have been tested before release. Expand
  22. Feb 14, 2013
    Sure, the game isn't breaking new ground, and it would have benefited from a tactical shooter approach rather than a straight FPS, but it's still enjoyable, particularly if you're a fan of the source material. Multiplayer modes are quite fun if played with friends and other fans, and headphones with surround sound make a big difference in atmosphere. It could certainly use some polish,Sure, the game isn't breaking new ground, and it would have benefited from a tactical shooter approach rather than a straight FPS, but it's still enjoyable, particularly if you're a fan of the source material. Multiplayer modes are quite fun if played with friends and other fans, and headphones with surround sound make a big difference in atmosphere. It could certainly use some polish, but unlike many higher-rated games, the story is at least more engaging. Expectations were very high with the game, so it's no wonder it's getting trashed. Setting up friends-only games was a breeze, and we had no trouble with drop-in/drop outs. Our friendly AI were pretty helpful, actually, and the aliens were persistent and varied in their attack vectors, though the Weyland Yutani troops were a little too quick to leave cover in search of a better angle. Other than that....

We've been enjoying it. That's my two cents.
  23. Feb 14, 2013
    Can't believe the quality of this game. I played it for a few hours and I couldn't believe the bugs (no pun intended) littered everywhere. After realising how bad it is I found out that the Alpha gameplay demo is in fact a far superior version to the actual game. It actually looks like a different game. I have been scammed out of my money along with many many other supporters of this game.Can't believe the quality of this game. I played it for a few hours and I couldn't believe the bugs (no pun intended) littered everywhere. After realising how bad it is I found out that the Alpha gameplay demo is in fact a far superior version to the actual game. It actually looks like a different game. I have been scammed out of my money along with many many other supporters of this game. I loved Borderlands 1 2 and I had absolute faith that Gearbox could deliver. But this just isn't the case. If there is a game to avoid this year, then Aliens: Colonial Marines is the top contender. I wouldn't even get this out of the bargain bin, and if you are a big ALIENS fan. Then I would stay a nuclear bomb radius away from this game. Expand
  24. Feb 14, 2013
    TL;DR: It was for a variety of reasons and although it had some redeeming features they were not enough to make me not want a refund.

The start of the solo campaign honestly filled me with hope and a little apprehension. It leapt in a little fast for aliens and some of the mood might have been lost but the first 10-20minutes of the game was great. The problem was, the more I played

The problem was, the more I played it the less I liked it. The more I progressed the less scary the 'perfect killing machines' became and more irritating as they jumped down onto their prescripted ledges and stood there to be mowed down. Occasionally some would survive and start running at you, slower than a marine I noted. When I got sick of murdering mindless rabbits I let my NPCs invulnerable, almost untargetable and with infinite ammo (not that ammo was ever once an issue during the campaign) mow them down as I ran in circles. Gone are the dismembering of body parts that only slightly slow them down (avp1) and gone is the atmosphere, threat and any real challenge. Where in previous incarnations aliens were something to be feared, in this they are simply fodder to be tediously dealt with as you muddy your way through an increasingly weak story.

This game had an engine that rivaled half-life in clunk and AI approaching, but not outdoing, castle wolfenstien. To date multiplayer has been a graveyard of failure and disheartened souls. The weapon mods were basically pointless, especially when combined with the built in, unremoveable autoaim which over writes the shoulder weapon function. So those braindead mooks starting at you from behind a box are literally invulnerable as you empty clip after clip into the box despite your best efforts to overcome the games desire to aim for you. In the end I found they dropped enough ammo that, with a little weapon cycling you could simply kill them all with grenades.

There are a few redeeming features, the actual maps are, for the most part, beautiful points of nostalgia as long as one can ignore the poorly rendered dodads that have been haphazardly scattered through them and the weapons look and feel (until you actually try using them on real targets) like they should.

The leveling/unlock system feels utterly redundant it is possible to gain several levels in a single mission without trying and there are missions it is possible to farm for the truly die hard. If the game was designed to feel like a high texture version of a mid 90s FPS it has succeeded, if they expect that to make it a great success they have serious issues fast approaching. As a release under the 'aliens' franchise it feels like a cheap knock off designed purely to make money off the past before anyone notices what they have done to it. I cannot honestly believe that any dev looked at the finished product and felt happy with it. Where the blame lies is ultimately irrelevant however, the key point being it was a waste of money and if steam offered a refund I would have turned this in with a package fresh from my cats anus to return to them what they had given to me.
  25. Feb 14, 2013
    What a genuinely awful game in a series of awful games. An iconic franchise that is so simply transplanted to FPS meets mostly awful development time and time again. Expectations were pretty low coming in. I would have been happy if this long incubated title was 'Mediocre'. It's offensively bad, and that is not hyperbole. It is offensive on every level. Rebellion must be rolling withWhat a genuinely awful game in a series of awful games. An iconic franchise that is so simply transplanted to FPS meets mostly awful development time and time again. Expectations were pretty low coming in. I would have been happy if this long incubated title was 'Mediocre'. It's offensively bad, and that is not hyperbole. It is offensive on every level. Rebellion must be rolling with laughter right now after their middling AvP got raked across the coals. As far as finger pointing goes, the consistent iron in the fire is Fox Interactive. Flushing their franchise down the toilet in every medium possible.. Expand
  26. Feb 14, 2013
    Pros: Graphics are fitting to the gameplay, Story line is well done and fitting in nicely with the movies story lines. Marines don't move at super speeds so its not a twitch shooter. Hardest setting makes it feel like movies. Running out of ammo and bugs coming out of the walls and you'll dead fast if your not watching your step.

Cons: Multiplayer is a little weak due to no AI aliens

Cons: Multiplayer is a little weak due to no AI aliens to help swarm the marines...It would be something nice to see if added... Deathmatch and cap the flag modes are dull.... Seen a few bugs with the AI friendly/foes yet I've seen this in games such as Skyrim and so on... With a few patches should be good.. Is this game worth your time Yes if you like Aliens... Far better than the AVP games
  27. Feb 14, 2013
    The game is solid, the design is spot on and it is fun to play, especially in coop.

So why is it that this game gets such horrid reviews? Sure, it does not have top notch state of the art graphics. Good for me, cause if it did I probably could not play it on my PC. It does not look bad, though. Sure the AI is not very bright, but to control shiny black critters that usually come straight at you it doesn't have to be. The most likely reason why this game is hated by so many people is because expectations were too high. Everyone wanted HIS personal perfect Aliens game and now everyone is mad that he just got a good game, instead of that.

I guess many people also have not seen ALIENS for a LONG time. If you complain that the xenomorphs in this game are allegedly stupid, please watch the movie again and take a look how many of them get slaughtered by sentry guns. It does not get any dumber than getting killed by a stationary autocannon, wave after wave. The xenomorphs have always been rather stupid, but they are fast, fearless, strong, full of acid and individually they are cunning hunters. Being a cunning hunter just isn't any good if your prey has Pulse Rifles.

So yeah, the game could have been better. It could also have been much worse. More easily than the other way around.
  28. Feb 14, 2013
    Despite all the hate surrounding this game, i believe most of it has been stirred up simply because people had 'extremely' high expectations. The graphics arn't that bad, there easily better than CoD (which gets 9/10 paid reviews). The single player AI however are quite bad although this can be fixed in a simple patch, but the multiplayer is where it shines. Once you've spent about 4hrs+Despite all the hate surrounding this game, i believe most of it has been stirred up simply because people had 'extremely' high expectations. The graphics arn't that bad, there easily better than CoD (which gets 9/10 paid reviews). The single player AI however are quite bad although this can be fixed in a simple patch, but the multiplayer is where it shines. Once you've spent about 4hrs+ and unlocked some cool gear, the alien class is very to to play especially with friends! Don't listen to half the reviews, buy the game if you want something different and arn't phased about some 1st day release problems. Expand
  29. Feb 14, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game but unfortunately I can't. Graphics and animation feel dated I swear i have games from 2007 that outshine this. Gameplay is just dull... a below average shooter at best!
    I've played co-op mode with a friend and this was just plain bad. First off the clumsy menu system where you have to select "friends only" to start a game isn't immediately obvious, neither is selecting your loadout.
    We got to the stage where you take 3 steps then have to let your character stand still for 2 minutes, then another 3 steps before standing still again while the Aliens sniff you (move the mouse to look and you're dead) and it was at this stage we realised that we were punishing ourselves for buying the game.
    Money down the drain.
    I did break my cardinal rule of never buying a game based on a movie/tv show... they're always terrible and this one is probably near the top of that tree.
  30. Feb 14, 2013
    Bottom line I've had a ton of fun with this game, as it has always been a fantasy of mine to be in the boots of a colonial marine out on another bug hunt. I just cannot see how this game is dinged for things such as poor textures, sub par AI, and an unimaginative story. What I mean to say is there needs to be some kind of standard here, you can apply these very same criticisms to MW3 andBottom line I've had a ton of fun with this game, as it has always been a fantasy of mine to be in the boots of a colonial marine out on another bug hunt. I just cannot see how this game is dinged for things such as poor textures, sub par AI, and an unimaginative story. What I mean to say is there needs to be some kind of standard here, you can apply these very same criticisms to MW3 and BO2, yet Colonial Marines is viewed as a blight on the industry. Maybe my standards have softened after ME3, but I've found entertainment and value in this game. Perhaps I just enjoy shooting aliens for a change as opposed to people with different skin colors and implied bad intentions. In conclusion this doesn't reinvent the wheel, more or less just spitting acid on it, making for a bumpy yet very authentic ride.
    Recommended after a steam discount.
  31. Feb 13, 2013
    It is important to remember when placing a numerical score on a game that, naturally, it must sit below better offerings in the entertainment spectrum. But it should be rated better then the crud this product out shines. In that regar, remember the movie Last Action Hero?
    That movie Sucked! This game is way better then that movie. It isn't good, but it's better then that crap.
  32. Feb 13, 2013
    In my honest opinion:
    In my honest opinion:
    I so far have only played the single player campaign, and I liked it. I enjoyed the game play, and I found myself immersed in nostalgia. Even though the AI was horribly clunky, Marine NPCs were getting caught on the smallest of objects, they would occasionally disappear and reappear and at times they felt like a waste of space who couldn't aim to save their lives, this is because they're an NPC, in a shooter. They're not there to do the work for you, they're there to provide minimum backup while you show the world what and ultimate badass really is. Even the Alien AI wasn't all that hot, however basic warriors still didn't make a sound. They still used ambush tactics, would come through vents, grates on the ground, etc. They did as they were supposed to. Even though certain mechanics such as; taking cover, moving over cover, squad commands, and a few other small things could have been added, as a whole. The game was not too bad. The storyline was short, however you have to remember that this is a FPS that doesn't have a direct roleplaying interaction. Linear FPS games are meant to be short. You're not supposed to spend days upon days working your way through the story as if you were playing an RPG like Skyrim. Short, precise plot points telling you were to go, what to do. After all you're a God damn Marine. If you found the game play of the main story wasn't scary enough, turn down the brightness and increase the difficulty. Play in the dark. Use headphones instead of speakers. Don't sit in a room with the light on, don't have your brightness up so that you have perfect night vision, make it so that all you can hear are your own footsteps down a hallway with the small 'blip' sounds from your motion tracker.

But you know... Let's just verbally destroy a game a couple of days after its release. You know, on-release bugs make a game and all.
  33. Feb 13, 2013
    I am a big fan of alien movies. And even tough game has alien in its title i think they could use something else instead of aliens. aliens dont die with 1 shot of shotgun and thats at hardened diffuculty) and they dont act like they are high on drugs, they dont wander around you meaninglessy while u have the time to watch them and wonder what are those bugs doing around running aboveI am a big fan of alien movies. And even tough game has alien in its title i think they could use something else instead of aliens. aliens dont die with 1 shot of shotgun and thats at hardened diffuculty) and they dont act like they are high on drugs, they dont wander around you meaninglessy while u have the time to watch them and wonder what are those bugs doing around running above your head at ceiling. I waited intentionally for them to kill me but they just attack once and than go back wondering around. The enemy ai is terrible, but whats even worse is friendly ai, friendly ai can just watch you die and do nothing at all, also u can easily understand if u are going to get in trouble or not, thanks to obvious scripting. If you see your teammates staying behind or running forward very fast and away from you make sure you get ready because you are about to get attacked.

Another thing is the scan sound of motion tracker, whenever an enemy spawns you hear it bleeping, even tough u arent holding the tracker so all you have to do is to look around when you hear the sound. So overall Ai and scripting the scan sound is terrible.

Now those are big issues but it is not enough to give game a big 0 especially when it carries alien title. In real life you can see aroun 120-130 degrees around you. This means you can see your right 45 and left 45 with ease. In this game you cant see it, you have to turn right or left to see your 45. You have around 60 degree of view. So you have to turn right left crazy to see where the aliens are coming. This creates a very bad gameplay feeling, not because it makes the game harder but because it makes game play uncomfortable.

The graphics are ugly and i play the game with my high end pc at 1600-1200 with everything on at max using a 40 inch samsung led tv. The atmosphere the darkness of screen is well adjusted but light effects, animations just dont give you the alien feeling.

Overall i wasnt waiting much from this game, but i wasnt aware of the gameplay videos at e 2011 and e2012 either. In those demos graphic are actually great and aliens die with at least 5 6 shots of shotgun which is the way it should be. Anyhow the game promised and the game delivered are so different and this creates another negative impression. I could give a 3 maybe 4 to this game but fooling around with e 2011 and 2012 videos arent cool there goes your ZERO.
  34. Feb 13, 2013
    Wow. I tried to like it I really did. While there are a few scenes that on the PC look 'OK', it's just too hard to ignore the fact you can just run through much of the game, that the demo videos using '100% IN-GAME FOOTAGE' isn't anything like the finished product, and there are just way too many bugs. The one that sticks out the most for me is when I pick up the flame thrower, try toWow. I tried to like it I really did. While there are a few scenes that on the PC look 'OK', it's just too hard to ignore the fact you can just run through much of the game, that the demo videos using '100% IN-GAME FOOTAGE' isn't anything like the finished product, and there are just way too many bugs. The one that sticks out the most for me is when I pick up the flame thrower, try to use it, and it disappears. I turn around and it's now laying on the floor, and when I go to pick it back up (I have no idea how I 'dropped' it in the first place), it disappears before I get to it. It wasn't in my inventory and I couldn't bring myself to play back through the stage. Absolutely horrible execution, marketing and game in general. Thanks GBX! Expand
  35. Feb 13, 2013
    Please give this game a chance. That being said, I am not blind to the issues that this game has OK! I love the franchise and have been waiting for this game for some time. They need to fix the multiplayer issues even though it's still extremely fun and different. By the way that is what really get's me here people are pissing and moaning because it has not got what makes other shootersPlease give this game a chance. That being said, I am not blind to the issues that this game has OK! I love the franchise and have been waiting for this game for some time. They need to fix the multiplayer issues even though it's still extremely fun and different. By the way that is what really get's me here people are pissing and moaning because it has not got what makes other shooters great. GREAT! GOOD!. I yearn for the time when people don't want the same rehashed Call of Duty game every single year!!!!!!!!!! This game is different and a refreshing break from the normal shooters. Expand
  36. Feb 13, 2013
    This game is not fundamentally broken (with the possible exception of the AI) but it doesn't feel like it's a finished product either. It doesn't capture the feel of the Aliens movie, it looks dated and it's short and not very interesting. In no way does it live up to the marketing and hype around it.
  37. Feb 13, 2013
    The so called "Professional Reviewers" Are FAR to harsh with this game. Okay Granted it has its flaws (The AI is Wonky in Single Player) Yet the campaign is still rich and engaging within the Aliens Universe. Its a Blast to walk around famous scenes from the movie with a Pal or two and Blast some Xenos into next week. Multiplayer IS fun and refreshing from other games out there (This oneThe so called "Professional Reviewers" Are FAR to harsh with this game. Okay Granted it has its flaws (The AI is Wonky in Single Player) Yet the campaign is still rich and engaging within the Aliens Universe. Its a Blast to walk around famous scenes from the movie with a Pal or two and Blast some Xenos into next week. Multiplayer IS fun and refreshing from other games out there (This one isn't some COD rip off Thank god!). People need to give this game a break, and give it credit where credit is due, not just look at its flaws and say its terrible. Unfortunately since I don't get paid to write articles about "How my opinion is better than everyone else's" This truthful review will be buried by hate and not see the light of day. At least I don't have my head up my ass... Expand
  38. Feb 13, 2013
    First off I enjoyed this game to a point, there are however some glaring problems that just should not have made it through to the final product. AI dropping off completely, this happens all the time. A team member will randomly just stand around doing nothing; enemies will walk straight past them as they stare off blankly into space. Aliens will find a spot to zone out and wait for you toFirst off I enjoyed this game to a point, there are however some glaring problems that just should not have made it through to the final product. AI dropping off completely, this happens all the time. A team member will randomly just stand around doing nothing; enemies will walk straight past them as they stare off blankly into space. Aliens will find a spot to zone out and wait for you to shoot them. This can be a problem if you are required to kill everything in some points of the game to progress onwards, it did not happen to me but if it does happen it will be game breaking.

Textures, there are so many bad textures, Gearbox are terrible for this, optimisation is no excuse on a PC version of a game. In 2013 I should not be looking at textures in a game that aren’t even up to par with the original Alien vs. Predator. That is where my complaints end, I didn’t notice any kill streaks or such garbage during my play through, the story had decent pacing and some decent elements and a few good twists to the Alien creature itself that made for some good reference material when thinking back to the movies. There are a few eye roll moments and some small plot holes, that don’t have much of a negative impact on the plot. It is a big fan service, and people who aren’t diehard fans of the franchise will be left feeling a bit ripped off.

The gun play was quite good, the sound assets were brilliant, there could however be a bit more kick to the rifles, all they do is spread. The old pulse rifle needs to have a bit of jump to it and the fact that the grenade launcher by default is the “f” key makes for some frustrating moments as being used to other games that the use key is f will get you killed in a close quarters situation, like trying to open a door. It’s an easy rebinding, but still a pain that it was not really well thought out.
    Overall I give AcM a 6/10, it definitely needs work. Hopefully the modding community will get on top of a texture pack, and Gearbox will patch the godforsaken AI. It’s not going to be for everyone, and I can understand the disappointment in it, saying to go in without expectations for the canonical sequel to one of the best sci-fi movies ever made is stupid, I would say that diehard fans should check it out when at the very least a decent patch comes out. Shame on you Gearbox, you can do so much better.
  39. Feb 13, 2013
    It's sad but I think the sounds were the only thing i enjoyed about the whole game. The Aliens were difficult to track if you lost them especially the face huggers. 80's iconic symbols always seem to get ruined when created now, so sad so much more potential tech wise and I feel like I wasted $67 dollars
  40. Feb 13, 2013
    I'll try to be short and sweet with my review. I'll start by saying that this is a game that will not win any GOTY awards, however it's not nearly the train wreck that some people have made it out to be. Also I've heard alot of complaints on how easy the game is. Set the difficulty at hardened or greater and you should get a good challenge.

Audio 9 Overall the game has great audio,

Audio 9
    Overall the game has great audio, well done and authentic sounds from the movies .

Graphics- 7
    I'd say that the graphics on this game are average to good for this console generation, that being said on PC, it would be nice to really be able to max everything, although the PC graphics are better than the console versions.

Story-4
    Well, they tried, unfortunately trying doesn't guarantee success. With some professional writers and a bit more thought and time they could have made a very compelling story, but they didn't

Replayability-9
    Ok, so the single player campaign isn't the best, and if this were a single player only game, that would warrant a 3 out of 10. But there is also a multiplayer element to this game that I find very entertaining and addictive(although the marines seem a bit more overpowered than the aliens, but it could be because my alien toon is low level. If they continue to develop multiplayer maps and features, then this game could turn out rather well. Let's be honest, no one is buying COD black ops for the single player, and if they did, they would be pretty disappointed. I would compare aliens CM to COD Black ops in that respect. Sure the single player is mediocre at best, but the multiplayer can pick up the slack.
  41. Feb 13, 2013
    Single player wise, yeah, Colonial Marines is pretty bad. There's a lack of suspenseful atmosphere (except for one level), the AI is atrocious, acting is bad, and the storyline is worse. Hadley's Hope? Un-nuked, I guess. Whatever. Multiplayer is a better experience than single player, but suffers from some major issues. Marines level up from the campaign and multiplayer, while aliens canSingle player wise, yeah, Colonial Marines is pretty bad. There's a lack of suspenseful atmosphere (except for one level), the AI is atrocious, acting is bad, and the storyline is worse. Hadley's Hope? Un-nuked, I guess. Whatever. Multiplayer is a better experience than single player, but suffers from some major issues. Marines level up from the campaign and multiplayer, while aliens can only level up from multiplayer. This means that pretty much right out of the chute marine teams have a gigantic advantage over the alien team. 6 hours after launch I was running into marines between level 10 and 23 with fully upgraded weapons, and today all my matches have consisted of max level marines vs. level 1 to 7 aliens. Customization options are far more in depth for marines, with aliens being limited to 3 heads and some slightly differently colored skins. Finally, there are no dedicated servers, and if the host leaves before the match is over, you are kicked and lose all your progress. So, bottom line, multiplayer is the only way this game can redeem itself, but even that has a long way to go. Expand
  42. Feb 13, 2013
    The trouble I find with a game like this is everyone has such high expectations and only seems to like to pick out the bad bits, completely forgetting the rest.
    It's an Aliens game, its going to be limited in what it can do without destroying it's own universe (you may think all the AVP films and games did that, but lets forget those never happened), throw in that any high budget game is nearly always made for the console then ported to the PC and you have another issue, technology limitations. So why expect something that it never will be?

Starting with the good:
    - You got to be a fan of the film, not the franchise, just the film. I mean the sort of fan that will watch it a few times a year and can recite most of the quotes. If you're not then you'll probably just think of it as a generic shooter. Which I am!
    - Sounds and music are great, it really does sound like a pulse rifle and motion tracker, and lets face it you'll pretty much just be using those the whole game.
    - Some nice touches re-creating the Aliens scenery, finding the med bay, the room where Burke let a facehugger loose on Ripley and Newt, and even the trike you see at the beginning of the directors cut.
    - First time around it's great to shoot up a load of Aliens, hordes of them and even the single hunters that hide and wait for you. Can get old fast with the AI Marines with you though.
    - Fun coop on Ultimate Badass mode, provided you haven't played the single player yet. "You go first", "No YOU go first"

The no so impressive side:
    - Buggy AI, seems to get stuck sometimes and teleport in front of you. Not sure what that's about but there has been worse around. Give it a rest.
    - Can't use the motion tracker to find enemies in the next room until you open the door and get attacked. Maybe they're just not moving, it is a 'motion' tracker and not a 'stationary' tracker after all.
    - Fight too many humans, a little was fine but bleh, it's called Aliens so should have lots of them!
    - Checkpoints seem to make things behind you disappear, leaving no reason to watch your six.

Non-Issues, things people whine about because they can:
    - Graphics look a bit flat, but it doesn't struggle. The Sulaco and Hadleys Hope wasnt exactly build with textured wallpaper.
    - Story and Voice acting. It's not the best but it's about as annoying as being forced to cut your toenails once in a while. It's minimal and you just deal with it.
    - Marines get a boost in multiplayer just by playing the campaign making being an alien rather difficult to begin with.

That's all, now please stop whining.
  43. Feb 13, 2013
    So this is my first time ever writing a review for something.....ever. I've been a gamer ever since the NES came out. (sheesh..I feel lold). I am also a big movie buff and remember seeing Alien and Aliens when I was younger and it scared me to death! It also was one of the best forms of story telling I have ever seen in horror movies. So, for me as a gamer mixing the too is HUGE! I'veSo this is my first time ever writing a review for something.....ever. I've been a gamer ever since the NES came out. (sheesh..I feel lold). I am also a big movie buff and remember seeing Alien and Aliens when I was younger and it scared me to death! It also was one of the best forms of story telling I have ever seen in horror movies. So, for me as a gamer mixing the too is HUGE! I've played all the major titles like Gears of War, God of War, Mario Bros, etc, etc. So in this review I want to talk to the people I feel this will appeal to. Is the game worth $60....no....it is not...I payed that and it is not. Also a heads up to those of you getting the Collector's Edition...the "statute" is smaller than the game case...so I downgraded...I was hoping for something more along the lines of the Marcus statue I own from Gears of War 3. I did not get the game that was advertised....doesn't match the screen shots...or hype that we were promised....but....we did get pieces of that promised expierence...and that has been enough for me. The graphics are 1st gen 360 (Turok) and there is a lot of screen tearing in single player...but....the sound is amazing....and took me right back to the days of hiding behind the couch in fear of seeing what the aliens were going to do to people. But...back to the game....I've enjoyed this game....ENJOYED!...not like Call of Duty...Battlefield.....Gears of War......but as an Aliens game.....Yes...you do play through the same levels as the movie....and people complain....Are you telling me that you are a fan and have no interest of seeing those same scenes in PLAYABLE FORM!!! Come on! When I was a kid I dreamed of going down those corriders and shooting those aliens with every gun, gernade, and friend I have ever seen in Aliens, and here...you finally get to do it!!! This is a game for Aliens fans looking for more aliens.....not Aliens fans looking for Halo 4, Call of Duty, and Battlefield, but fans who loved the material. Yes the graphics bothered me at first....esp. when I saw there was screen tearing in the start menu...bluh...but I have become engrossed in this franchise and if you want a really "creepy, scary" version of the game the play AVP from 2010...I thought it was more edgy...but if you wanna scream "let's rock" and shootem up with a friend...DO IT!!!! I thought the story was good...not great...but not bad....but it functions! and I think pretty well. The sound....the sound is Great!!!....From the pulse rifle...to the motion tracker...its great! And for the people complaining about having so many weapons....apprently you didn't see the movies...they were LOADED!!! They had all these toys! Yea...you can't carry that many in real life...but at least you can say...oh yea....this is a smart gun moment!...too bad I can only do that on level 2....nope...now you can do it whenever....Now for multiplayer...I hated it....at first....its starting to grow on me.....and yes...the camera and controls suck for the aliens....but once you invest some time into them....it got better....and the marines were always fun to play as....but everyone will find their mode in it.....so....overall this is what I have to say rating this game....

Graphics- 6
    Sound- 10
    Gameplay- 7
    Replay- 7

One review on here summed it up.....some people are gonna love it....some people are gonna hate it! But only review if you've played it.....I'm pretty sure a lot of the negative reviews are from those who haven't even played the game...but if you have and felt this way....then it wasn't meant for you....its generic....and outdated....but it still captures something for me that I found in the films. Curiosity and the fun that comes from the Alien universe....I play games because they are fun....its how they are supposed to be! And just for the record....these reviews you "fans" put out that people read....are the reason the game industry is failing...when investors see these numbers and comments....they make big decisions based on these....I don't want any developers to go under....cause its less product for us!! They don't play the games....and when they see this....adios developers...publishers...etc....so take that into account before you go trashing a game...especially if its one you haven't played or don't like cause its the "other guy"......if anyone reads this...thanks for your time....hope you have a great one!
  44. Feb 13, 2013
    Yes, this game is arguably underwhelming from the expectations that everybody had set for it but then, what did you expect? The game has spent 7 years in development accumulating hype from a fan-base in what I call the Duke Nukem Effect. The game spent a good portion of it's development indefinitely postponed, and when it came to fixing it up, there really hadn't been 7 years ofYes, this game is arguably underwhelming from the expectations that everybody had set for it but then, what did you expect? The game has spent 7 years in development accumulating hype from a fan-base in what I call the Duke Nukem Effect. The game spent a good portion of it's development indefinitely postponed, and when it came to fixing it up, there really hadn't been 7 years of development put into it. Maybe two at most.

However, this doesn't mean it's a bad game. Sure, the AI is a little dumb and the graphics are mediocre, but then games with similarly poor graphics never really receive the abuse that this has. Campaign wise, yes, the story is... way off for an Aliens game, but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable if you forget the game's relation to its source material.

There are also loads of little references to the film that are nice for fans, and the atmosphere is quite well done the lighting in this is excellent, as is the fact that you can see your own feet and shadow really adds to the immersion.

A:CM is not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but if they can sort out the AI, it'll at least be respectable. It deserves more than it got, but less than the game should've achieved.
  45. Feb 13, 2013
    I have been waiting for this game to come out for a long time and I have to say I am not disappointing one bit. I just wish there were armor upgrades instead of just weapon ones.
  46. Feb 13, 2013
    Terrible 2005 era graphics, underwhelming audio, bad dialogue, bugged, uninspiring, unpolished and barely any atmosphere. A review embargo until release day got me wondering what was wrong, and now I know. This is the first game in years where I have true buyers remorse. I want my pre-order money back.
  47. Feb 13, 2013
    You know what the best parts of Alien Aliens were? The tension, the terror and the characters. None of which are present in this game. The poorly textured repetitive environments are a bore, where you'll always find the same poorly programmed Xenomorphs glitching around on the walls trying to feebly slash at you, or even atrocious gunfights against humans. It's a totally rinse and repeatYou know what the best parts of Alien Aliens were? The tension, the terror and the characters. None of which are present in this game. The poorly textured repetitive environments are a bore, where you'll always find the same poorly programmed Xenomorphs glitching around on the walls trying to feebly slash at you, or even atrocious gunfights against humans. It's a totally rinse and repeat formula after an hour or two, there's barely any variation whatsoever. However, there is actually one good stealthy level where you have no weapons and are completely vulnerable to wart-covered, husks of Xenos. There's also a relatively good level of authenticity for the spaceships and planets, even linking directly back to the films. I really don't know why, but even on the hardest difficulty the Xenos are just not terrifying enough. There's never a moment where you have to hurry and prepare and wait for them to come knocking at the door, it's just a random sprawl of enemies jumping on top of each other and slashing at friendly AI. I do think this is meant to be a horror game, not a military shooter, and this game leans more on the latter. You can carry EVERY gun you've unlocked at once, completely knocking out the immersion factor straight away. The story is all over the place with utterly dislikeable characters who you couldn't care less about. The low resolution PS2 cutscenes don't do them any justice either. Moments of intrigue and horror are blown out with moronic dialogue like imitating the Xenos, 'They were like, oh yeah, we're gonna blow up now! What the A lot of potential, wasted. Expand
  48. Feb 13, 2013
    2003 AI сложности).
    Не AlienBreed 20го DeadSpace1-2 высер!

ЗЫ:
  49. Feb 13, 2013
    OK. so I've played the first 3 or 4 missions of Aliens: Colonial Marines and I love it!!! The enemy A.I. can sometimes be a bit thick and I've seen some small glitches that maybe a brand new game should not have. The Aliens in multiplayer are extremely hard to use and will need a lot of practice before I can get more than 2 kills. The marines are awesome and have access to fullOK. so I've played the first 3 or 4 missions of Aliens: Colonial Marines and I love it!!! The enemy A.I. can sometimes be a bit thick and I've seen some small glitches that maybe a brand new game should not have. The Aliens in multiplayer are extremely hard to use and will need a lot of practice before I can get more than 2 kills. The marines are awesome and have access to full customization. The weapons sound like they are straight from the movie and you can play as Hudson, Hicks, Apone and Drake, who all have the original voice talent from the movie. I think it's awesome and anyone who loves the Alien franchise would be able to overlook the odd glitch and the odd dodgy choice of cover by the A.I.. I think it was well worth the money. I am a big fan of Aliens and to be able to explore locations from the movie is awesome. Don't listen to these negative reviews, It's brilliant. Expand
  50. Feb 13, 2013
    GOOD
    -Up to 4 player co-op
    -Xeno 3rd person perspective -Interesting multi-player modes -level up system for xenos -Customization of your guns BAD -Graphics are a bit rough -Alien AI is sketchy -More action less atmosphere in single player -Overall Polish -No dedicated servers? -It lets you carry too many weapons -Limited online functions (eg cannot search a game by ping)
    GOOD
    -Up to 4 player co-op
    -Xeno 3rd person perspective
    -Interesting multi-player modes
    -level up system for xenos
    -Customization of your guns
    BAD
    -Graphics are a bit rough
    -Alien AI is sketchy
    -More action less atmosphere in single player
    -Overall Polish
    -No dedicated servers?
    -It lets you carry too many weapons
    -Limited online functions (eg cannot search a game by ping) Matchmaking only
    -No real feeling of terror in single player, multi player can make you fear the aliens though playing as a marine.
    I don't think any parts of it are terrible (pc version) but there are plenty of things which could be improved. Which is why it was panned so bad I think, it being Alien franchise it has a lot to live up to. It being in development for 6 years is a joke really.
    I would describe the game as a pick up and play decent budget game.
  51. Feb 13, 2013
    After playing A:CM for about 4 hours. I can honestly say that I enjoyed it. I like the game. Its rather fun. Not the best Aliens game, but they have all had flaws. The Graphics are not the best and the AI for both aliens and friendly npc is wonky most of the time. But I enjoyed the atmosphere created by the lighting, sounds. and the levels. I'm playing on "Ultimate Bad-Ass" difficulty so IAfter playing A:CM for about 4 hours. I can honestly say that I enjoyed it. I like the game. Its rather fun. Not the best Aliens game, but they have all had flaws. The Graphics are not the best and the AI for both aliens and friendly npc is wonky most of the time. But I enjoyed the atmosphere created by the lighting, sounds. and the levels. I'm playing on "Ultimate Bad-Ass" difficulty so I have no HUD at all. I jumped into some 4 player coop and had a really good time. Lots of aliens from all directions, one player on the motion tracker calling out locations and distances. Felt like Hudson in the movie. "We got movement, Can't lock in..." Granted its not the game I think we were all hoping for. Nor does it live up to the hype or what Gearbox promised. But it was fun. Not worth $60, more of a $30 budget title I think. Play it in co-op with a bunch of serious adult gamers and you will have fun. Role-play it up and it will be a blast, especially in "Bad-Ass" mode. You will have to use team work and share the ammo and health. Adds more tension to the game. Expand
  52. Feb 13, 2013
    The people writing negative reviews for this game must be paid to write as negative as possible. The sound and music in this game are straight from the movies and the scenarios and environments are very well constructed and as detailed as possible to jive with the movie on which the game is based. In direct contrast to some of the other negative reviews, I have noticed no AI bugs and theThe people writing negative reviews for this game must be paid to write as negative as possible. The sound and music in this game are straight from the movies and the scenarios and environments are very well constructed and as detailed as possible to jive with the movie on which the game is based. In direct contrast to some of the other negative reviews, I have noticed no AI bugs and the game is very challenging on the very challenging difficulties, as it is meant to be. The aI for the Aliens in particular during the campaign is notable in that they are phenomenally good at flanking you based on where your field of vision is. The progression of unlocking weapons and upgrades ties directly into the multiplayer, meaning your experience with using them in the single player first transfers over right away. Expand
  53. Feb 13, 2013
    Thoroughly enjoyed this game and can imagine myself playing it for a few months to come.
    Take this game on its own merit and ignore a few flaws and you're bound to get dragged into the atmosphere of the game.
    But truthfully was any title going to live up to the mighty aliens movie? this could have been the best game ever released but a combination of a long waiting time and being part of one of the most successful movie franchises ever, this game was never going to start any fires no matter who developed it.
  54. Feb 13, 2013
    After laying multiplayer some more and get some more control of the alien im adding 3 points to this game review it will even go to an 8 if most problems will be adressed and when there will be new (usefull) content.
    At first it was horrible now its just a game that just lacks love from the developers.
    Alien controlls still are clunky but manageable. Campaign is quite the generic walk
    Alien controlls still are clunky but manageable.
    Campaign is quite the generic walk down a hallway and shoot stuff but gets you special guns.
    AI is just silly voice acting could be good only its to repetetive and should change during the campaign levels.
    Graphics are okay its not bad and it isnt marvelous either.
    server browsing should be added it is one of the things that keeps multiplayer alive.
    Servers should be able to migrate host to counter abrupt game endings and need to search a new game again.
    marine weapons feel alright altough a little overpowered in escape mode (my opinion).
    weird friendly fire system no damage from bullets but explosions do so it should be changed to on or off.

Overall fun to play online, campaign could be fun on hardest dificulty.
  55. Feb 13, 2013
    There is not much to recommend about this game and zero reason to play it. Everything you've likely heard is true. The plot is bland and illogical, the aliens are neither scary or believable, the level design is so linear that they might as well have sat you in a theme park ride. The animations are so sub-par as to be beyond belief. This game would be embarrassing to a value softwareThere is not much to recommend about this game and zero reason to play it. Everything you've likely heard is true. The plot is bland and illogical, the aliens are neither scary or believable, the level design is so linear that they might as well have sat you in a theme park ride. The animations are so sub-par as to be beyond belief. This game would be embarrassing to a value software developer. For it to be developed by Gearbox (a supposedly triple A studio) based on a can't-lose sci-fi franchise.... This will surely ruin Gearbox's reputation, at very least. Expand
  56. Feb 13, 2013
    Lazy game which rides the title to monetary gain rather than putting forward anything worth playing. So many times while playing this I could see broken textures on hallways, those bright blue lines you are seeing on the floor are not lights, people, they are the edges of the textures. The in lifts you can see through the world into the sky-box (and see the planets below), it is a lazyLazy game which rides the title to monetary gain rather than putting forward anything worth playing. So many times while playing this I could see broken textures on hallways, those bright blue lines you are seeing on the floor are not lights, people, they are the edges of the textures. The in lifts you can see through the world into the sky-box (and see the planets below), it is a lazy lazy game. Not only that, it is boring, dreadfully so, even the co-op has my friends and I laughing at how awful the AI is, even on the hardest difficultly, it is a lazy game with lazy writing, coding, and development. I'm not sure if Gearbox actually made this, or outsourced it to somewhere, it really makes me question and further purchases of their production. Expand
  57. Feb 13, 2013
    O jogo foi feito exatamente para quem fã da quadrilogia do filme Alien! O jogo tem gráficos excelentes e não fica pesado na máquina. Tem modo multiplayer coop e PvP. Quem fala que o jogo tem uma campanha sem sentido ou reclama por não ter servidor dedicado ou por qualquer outra coisa, não sabe o que está falando ou simplesmente está acostumado com jogos de outros gêneros e cai no erro deO jogo foi feito exatamente para quem fã da quadrilogia do filme Alien! O jogo tem gráficos excelentes e não fica pesado na máquina. Tem modo multiplayer coop e PvP. Quem fala que o jogo tem uma campanha sem sentido ou reclama por não ter servidor dedicado ou por qualquer outra coisa, não sabe o que está falando ou simplesmente está acostumado com jogos de outros gêneros e cai no erro de ficar comparando um jogo com outro. Não comparem o Aliens Colonial Marines com outros jogos, os criadores do jogo fizeram um bom trabalho e estão de parabéns. Joguei toda a campanha em menos de 12 horas e não encontrei bugs, problemas ou defeitos durante o game. Vale a pena comprar. Mais uma vez, PARABÉNS AOS DESENVOLVEDORES!!! Expand
  58. Feb 13, 2013
    When I first tried this game, I was appalled by how bad it was. All the hype and promises lead up to this pile of useless garbage? How can this even happen with a 50$ game, it's mind-boggling. It is so bad, unpolished, buggy, cliche... just thinking about it makes me nervous. The graphics are very dated, it's like the developers didn't even care. The textures look like they've been takenWhen I first tried this game, I was appalled by how bad it was. All the hype and promises lead up to this pile of useless garbage? How can this even happen with a 50$ game, it's mind-boggling. It is so bad, unpolished, buggy, cliche... just thinking about it makes me nervous. The graphics are very dated, it's like the developers didn't even care. The textures look like they've been taken from a 2007 game on medium settings. Animations made me want to gouge my eyes out, the way a limping man just glides over the terrain? Aliens who just die into a stiff ragdoll? The way their wounds are just yellow blood textures on the models? Concerning the gameplay, it is nothing but another lame, generic FPS that is exciting for about the first two encounters. It is the same old s**t, clear a room, move on. Hold the button to weld a door. Rapidly press the button to punch an alien and stun it(ridiculous). Multiplayer? Oh look, suicide bomber aliens. How original. The story, you won't even care for. All the shock value of aliens, chestbursters etc. is gone for any fan of the franchise. It is slightly unsettling for the first 5 minutes before your first alien encounter, when you go back to seeing them as cannon fodder that walks up to you and slashes the air, cause that's how they attack, if they don't pounce on you and initiate the same quicktime event for the millionth time. I had that exact quicktime event 3 times during my first encounter with an alien. AvP 3 Marine campaign has better atmosphere than this worthless trash, which says enough. With all things taken into account, this insult to the franchise deserves nothing but a 0. Expand
  59. Feb 13, 2013
    Seriously Gearbox? After the excellent Borderlands 2 I thought, it can't be wrong to pre-order another game produced by Gearbox. I was proven wrong. One thing I have learned for sure after this game release disaster: I will NEVER NEVER NEVER ever pre-order a game anymore!
  60. Feb 13, 2013
    The short version is that IT'S NOT THAT BAD!

The short version is that IT'S NOT THAT BAD!

Main problems are it's too simplistic and lacks polish. But it's no worse than all the others games based on this franchise. There is enjoyment to be had here, but no more so than with your latest Cowadooty game. I'd give this mid-60's rather than mid-40's. It really doesn't deserve the slating it's taken, although it can mostly blame itself for raising expectations so much at E3.
  61. Feb 13, 2013
    Oh my, I don't understand wave of hate for this game. The single-player campaign is mediocre I guess, if you playing on ultimate badass mode it's pretty hard, and tense, but I've expected more. And there are bugs, lots of them, poor graphics, AI, clipping issue and so on, nothing game breaking though.
    For SP I would give 6/10. But here comes the meat which is MULTIPLAYER!
    Hell yeah,
    For SP I would give 6/10. But here comes the meat which is MULTIPLAYER!
    Hell yeah, multi is GREAT! It's one of very few games that requires actually thinking and strategy! When you rush marines up front you will die! Fast. Maybe that is the reason for many raged cod-kids for their 0/10 reviews, because they can't win in this game. But there are also flaws in MP like lack of dedicated servers and no host migration. So for awesome MP I'm rating this game as 8/10! Since day 1 GBX is patching this game, so there's hope for bugs being ironed out soon!
    PS: Hunting in pack as aliens for piss-scared marines is badass!
  62. Feb 13, 2013
    ok i just arived to hopefully stop your about this game ...
    1. I didnt even played it because im a sick guy waiting for the dlc that is comming (if you guy's are blind then its not their fault ...)
    ok i just arived to hopefully stop your about this game ...
    2. I played all AVP titles AND watched the movie's the worst i played was by far the multiplayer of the new AVP wich lagged but that was the fault of those stupid jerks at our Zensoring buisness (im from germany THX YOU BASTARDS FOR ZENSORING ALL GAMES YOU COME ACROSS!)

And now the real deal:
    I will play and like this game the way it is you simply forgot what a game is about not story not undyeing chars not even graphics its about fun. And what i saw (in playthroughs of this game at least) was quiet a fun Alien killing game wich has nothing to do with the movie's where a pulse rifle and its 99 shot magazin is just enogh to kill 2 or maybe 3 of the xenomorphs not to mention the sub spezies of them wich are in the game. If you want a 1 to 1 movie remake then mod it! thats what this game should be about: if you dont like something MAKE IT BETTER!

I will play it and i will like it thats for shure but dont DARE YOU to write negative things about a game just released when your just stupid or the borredness hits you cause you dont have fun with games anymore! (this too is for the stupid so called BIG REVIEW SITES/MAGAZINS I HATE YOU BECAUSE ALL YOU CAN DO IS TOO! your humans and you put people in charge of games who dont even like them!)

Thats all from me so far and i on grama or the right spelling you still can understand me if not it further prove's that there are many childs out there that dont deserve the title of GAMER!

MFG: KOUTA SETO
    I WRITE THE WAY I ON THE NET NOT THE WAY I DO IN REAL LIVE CAUSE THIS ISNT REAL LIVE!
  63. Feb 13, 2013
    Crap game. Bought the hype that Gearbox would actually make a good game out of a much beloved franchise. AI is you can actually run through the whole game without fighting or taking on an alien. Check on youtube for the video for proof. This is a joke game. Not worth $60.00..save your money.
  64. Feb 13, 2013
    I do not know about you, but I liked the game, no need to evaluate the game on the schedule, or when she had to get out there, the plot is different, but of course a sort of a multiplayer, but it's not a problem, the cooperative is great, enjoyed it. Thank you very much for developers
  65. Feb 13, 2013
    This game is actually worse than Duke Nukem Forever, which has set a new standard for LOW.
    Where to begin?
    Where to begin?
    There is no atmosphere. If you enter a room with an AI team-mate, that team-mate sticks close to you until one or more aliens appear (scripted). Once there are no more aliens that need to be confronted, the AI runs all the way to a waypoint (near a door or something), thus, the thrill of not knowing if an alien will attack is gone.
    Shooting through your team-mates as if they weren't there.
    The aliens pretty much ignoring any of your team-mates, to the point of going past them, or THROUGH them, in order to get to you.
    Aliens literally going through platforms, as if they weren't there.
    No interaction, for example early in the game, in the passageway between two ships or whatever, the passageway breaks and you have to climb your way up to one of your team-mates who extends his arm for you to grab and pull up. All fine and dandy, except that this whole scene is a movie. I would have liked to press forward or SOMETHING, to interact, to feel like I'm struggling, like I'm pulling myself up, like I'm saving my ass, not sit in my chair like a cow and watch a stupid movie. (Yeah, cows don't sit in chairs, but with this game so forked-up, I can't even begin to describe the frustration it sets out).
    The in-game cinematics are a joke, such visual low quality. The voice acting could also do better, but I'm willing to say they're relatively ok.
    The animations have clearly not been finished. All the humans move like robots. There is no feeling in this game anywhere, starting from the aliens and finishing with your team-mates.
    There is also a sequence where you have to hand over to one of your team-mates a clipboard or something. If you don't stay in front of him and watch him from an angle, you will see that he extends his arm into mid air, a clipboard will magically appear in his arm and he will put it in his pocket. WTF?!??! Seriously!?!?
    This game is in pre-alpha stage, just a concept demo. NOTHING is finished, everything is bugged, it lacks any feeling of anything, except frustration that it could have been a LOT better, in every perspective.
    I'm sure I've missed a LOT of other shi(tt)y things, but I'm already tired and this game doesn't deserve the pushing of the keyboard buttons, even to say how ridiculously lousy it is.
    Avoid at any cost. If you've already paid for it, see if you can get your money back.
    Now I'm seriously considering ever buying a game from this publisher ever again.
    Apart from making money because it has the "Alien" word in it, and for the pre-orders, this game is the worst, nobody in its right mind would buy it after seeing the reviews.
    Even if the publishers hurried publishing it because of the deadline (though the smarter thing they should have done was to postpone it), thinking they would come out with patches, fixing what is wrong or missing from the game, the game is so far off from being finished, I would think they need another 5 more years just to polish it here and there. Forshame publishers, forshame!
  66. Feb 13, 2013
    I was a bit skeptical when i saw all harsh reviews, but then i played a the game, its true that the graphics are dated, but that's not the straw that broke the camel's back (straws in this case), it doesn't feel like an aliens game, or a horror movie for that matter, the Xenos come at you in plain sight, and you have more than enough ammo to gun them down, the game suffers from broken AI,I was a bit skeptical when i saw all harsh reviews, but then i played a the game, its true that the graphics are dated, but that's not the straw that broke the camel's back (straws in this case), it doesn't feel like an aliens game, or a horror movie for that matter, the Xenos come at you in plain sight, and you have more than enough ammo to gun them down, the game suffers from broken AI, quirky animations, forgettable characters, You'll find yourself stepping right through some debris, and chunks of alien organic materials found on the ground while walking around like its not there, i haven't tried the multiplayer yet, so i have no opinion on that. if you're a fan of movies, you might tolerate some of the inconveniences that i've mentioned, or you'll just rate it harshly out of bitter disappointment like all the 1's and 2's found on here, as a for me i feel like i flushed my money down the toilet. Expand
  67. Feb 12, 2013
    Is Aliens: CE a great game? Not even kinda. However, if you were to ask me if it were a bad game...well then the answer is no, not really. In my opinion, the honest truth is that Aliens: CE is just an average game with an Aliens brand, and perhaps that's why it's being trashed. So lets examine the game's faults right away. First and foremost, the graphics are mediocre to downright bad.Is Aliens: CE a great game? Not even kinda. However, if you were to ask me if it were a bad game...well then the answer is no, not really. In my opinion, the honest truth is that Aliens: CE is just an average game with an Aliens brand, and perhaps that's why it's being trashed. So lets examine the game's faults right away. First and foremost, the graphics are mediocre to downright bad. I've run the game on max settings and I'd be a colossal liar if I said it compared to the other 2013 titles. The dated look instantly made me think of Duke Nukem Forever. Up second is the AI, which isn't too bright either. Under the most ideal circumstances, there was one or two times where the Aliens made a maneuver that I didn't expect, but sadly the majority seemed content to just rush you from different angles. Granted, I myself could get past these issues fairly easily, but what really keeps me from loving Aliens: CE is the single-player campaign, which considering its title as a true canonical sequel, should be one of the most important aspects. Instead, single-player quickly becomes a shooting gallery of great set-pieces brought down by average fight sequences. Furthermore, the campaign is just too easy for any terror or tension to really emerge. I myself played on the Hardened difficulty, where the enemy could three-shot-kill-me, as it should be, but the dull AI and never ending discharge of bullets wrecks the atmosphere. That said, the campaign isn't a total miss, there are plenty of homages and tributes to the film, as well as some decent setpieces, but ultimately the atmosphere these things are trying to create just never really happens. Finally, several technical bugs have been reported in the game, though I myself have not run into any of these, it certainly isn't doing the game any favors.

And yet, Aliens: CE isn't a total loss, which is why I'm so reluctant to be complacent with a 4.5 average score. As said before, the environments and game entities have some tender love and care, and are accurate recreations of the sets from the films. At times the game is absolutely brimming with fan service, such as collecting weaponry used by the cast of the Aliens movie, or scouring the game for secrets and achievements named after movie events. All the iconic weaponry handles well enough (minus the half-baked cover system), and some of the action sequences started to make me feel like a bad-ass. Multiplayer, assuming it doesn't die in the next few weeks, was actually quite a satisfying experience and is where the game really shines. A good variety of modes, a solid mix of weapons, and some great tactics that only emerge when humans are at the wheel instead of AI's gives a pleasant glimpse into what the game should have been. In the rounds I played it was enjoyable to see xeno players find ways to lure and trick opponents, while marine players would develop strategies for staying safe and well protected. The multiplayer is also packed with customization options to fine-tune your playstyle with gun accessories, perks, armors, and plenty of cosmetics for both humans and aliens.

After six years in development, its understandably depressing that your patience has been rewarded with rather unremarkable sci-fi horror corridor shooter that sometimes grasps for greatness, and oftentimes falls flat on its face. And yet despite all the flaws, there's just enough gory, acidic goodness in the game to give me hope that an amazing aliens video game is not quite as impossible as it might seem.
  68. Feb 12, 2013
    I have played for about 3 hours and I would score it about 55/100. Graphics are at least 5 years out dated, You don't get any advantage using a 120hz monitor as the game runs at 60fps doesn't matter if vsync is on or off. So I don't see any reason spending $120 USD on this game.
  69. Feb 12, 2013
    I guess people needs to be less fan-boys. Yes this game isn't the same as previous games, it's more like action game. Graphics are good, really not bad. So I don't get some people saying that graphics are outdated. AI? I don't know... I didn't encountered stupid AI, but I'm playing on bad ass difficulty, so maybe there's no time for them to act stupid, because they kill me in one or twoI guess people needs to be less fan-boys. Yes this game isn't the same as previous games, it's more like action game. Graphics are good, really not bad. So I don't get some people saying that graphics are outdated. AI? I don't know... I didn't encountered stupid AI, but I'm playing on bad ass difficulty, so maybe there's no time for them to act stupid, because they kill me in one or two hits. This game is not bad and it didn't disappointed me. Expand
  70. Feb 12, 2013
    Well they ruined another aliens games. After AVP2010 I thought I had surely seen the worst. NOPE. They somehow managed to spend 6 years making a terrible game on par with bargain bin trash from 6 years ago. With an IP this great I don't understand how it's so consistently hard for these morons to make a decent or great game. Hell, they could update AVP1999 with a modern engine and it'd beWell they ruined another aliens games. After AVP2010 I thought I had surely seen the worst. NOPE. They somehow managed to spend 6 years making a terrible game on par with bargain bin trash from 6 years ago. With an IP this great I don't understand how it's so consistently hard for these morons to make a decent or great game. Hell, they could update AVP1999 with a modern engine and it'd be 100 times better than A:CM or AVP2010. Somehow they've regressed in 14 years. The AVP1999 had environmentally deformed explosions. What does this have? Hit markers, non-location based damage, and clunky, BORING gameplay. Good job gearbox, you've managed to make a surprisingly bad game.

As far as all those people rating it 10, or higher than 3 or 4 at the most, they're just self-deluding individuals suffering from a bad case of buyer's remorse. Denial is part of their coping mechanism. Over time they too will progress to anger at how crappy this game turned out.
  71. Feb 12, 2013
    What the hell happened? The AI was one of the worst AI I've ever seen. Many Aliens won't even come after you. Sometimes they look at you and walk around you. WALK.
  72. Feb 12, 2013
    My collectors edition arrived today when i opened box i was happy. Collectors edition looks very nice but when i installed the game... I started playng with friend and from the begining i had problem is black screen (bug) i sorted out using forum. When we was playng for few hours i decided this game looks boring for me all the time waves of aliens incoming you just shoots them, balisticMy collectors edition arrived today when i opened box i was happy. Collectors edition looks very nice but when i installed the game... I started playng with friend and from the begining i had problem is black screen (bug) i sorted out using forum. When we was playng for few hours i decided this game looks boring for me all the time waves of aliens incoming you just shoots them, balistic looks like in COD very close to it and i didnt like it. I used max setting on video but graphic looks like 4 years old comepletly horrible comparing to new games. I didnt try multiplayer atm but what i can say i expected much more from gearbox. Borderlands series is awsome but making aliens and stoping project then continue again.... in my opinion this project isnt finished yet. They also should add more staff or items better costumization. This game will become borring very soon!!! Expand
  73. Feb 12, 2013
    Horrible game from start to finish. From gfx to animation to sound to AI(artificial idiots) to pacing...everything is below average or broken. Gearbox has balls to ask full retail price and then more for "DLC's". Seriously only buy this game if you're an idiot like me who throws money anything that has Aliens in it....or steam has it for $10 or less sometime in the future. AvP 2010 is wayHorrible game from start to finish. From gfx to animation to sound to AI(artificial idiots) to pacing...everything is below average or broken. Gearbox has balls to ask full retail price and then more for "DLC's". Seriously only buy this game if you're an idiot like me who throws money anything that has Aliens in it....or steam has it for $10 or less sometime in the future. AvP 2010 is way better game than this junk. I will officially ignore all games that has "gearbox" written on it...thanks for screwing up DNF...and now Aliens. Expand
  74. Feb 12, 2013
    Ok for a start this game has terrible AI and its very much noticed on Mission 2 the most(1 mission out of 11). The games Graphics are Fine..Omg the amount of people moaning about the damn graphics its sending me crazy.(GFX are about the same as COD on the PC).

I have have played upto Mission 6 and i'm super enjoying it for sure i can not see what the problem is. The multiplayer is truly fun (team Death-match and survivor). Marines play completely fine to me but the Aliens are very clunky BUT after a few hours you do start to get a hang of it (upgrades help alot with speed and power)

What im tryin to say is i cant see what the problem is with this game apart from Bad AI and OK graphics and a 7hour Single player. The reviews have been well to harsh i say. My score 6.8/10
  75. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is triumphant only in it's massive failure to deliver any kind of satisfaction, or enjoyable experience. It's is glaringly obvious within just a few moments of starting, A:CM is a steaming pile of crap, cobbled together from various farmyard animals. It's almost a parody of what it is supposed to be, the bugs are so amusing, you spend more time frowning or laughing thanThis game is triumphant only in it's massive failure to deliver any kind of satisfaction, or enjoyable experience. It's is glaringly obvious within just a few moments of starting, A:CM is a steaming pile of crap, cobbled together from various farmyard animals. It's almost a parody of what it is supposed to be, the bugs are so amusing, you spend more time frowning or laughing than flinching in terror, in what is supposed to be the supreme horror suspense franchise, from which all others stem. Just look at the critic reviews, who are often accused of being paid to give high scores, completely denounce this product as utter rubbish. The lies spewed forth by the aggressive marketing campaign only adds salt to the wound, a developer desperate to claw back some of the money they spent over the SIX YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT that this game had. Aliens: Colonial Marines has left me feeling disappointed, ripped off and angry. SHAME ON GEARBOX! SHAME ON YOU!! Expand
  76. Feb 12, 2013
    Is it GOTY material? no.. is it better than Farcry 3? no.. is it a decent satisfying game experience set in the ALIENS universe? yes.

The hate-fest is silly and doesn't reflect reality at all. its a 7/10 game, no less and no more.
  77. Feb 12, 2013
    After 1,5 hours of playing i can say that this game is sadly not a horror game I was really hopped for a great horror/shooter. They made the shooter part well, but not the horror part. The story is so typical, a ship send out a distress signal, marines roll in much of the squad gets killed in the first few minutes and only you remain to save everyone ass. The graphics are fine, not toAfter 1,5 hours of playing i can say that this game is sadly not a horror game I was really hopped for a great horror/shooter. They made the shooter part well, but not the horror part. The story is so typical, a ship send out a distress signal, marines roll in much of the squad gets killed in the first few minutes and only you remain to save everyone ass. The graphics are fine, not to shiny not to rusty. The gameplay is just a go from A to B and meanwhile kill Xenos. Expand
  78. Feb 12, 2013
    It's sad when a beloved franchises gets the "EA" treatment. I might be embellishing a bit, but it's understandable since i used to be a fan. The game is, for lack of a better word, "MEH". I didn't get to play much since i did so at a friend's house, but what i did get to play kind of left me wanting. What the hell was i playing? It certainly didn't feel like an "Aliens" game. SomewhatIt's sad when a beloved franchises gets the "EA" treatment. I might be embellishing a bit, but it's understandable since i used to be a fan. The game is, for lack of a better word, "MEH". I didn't get to play much since i did so at a friend's house, but what i did get to play kind of left me wanting. What the hell was i playing? It certainly didn't feel like an "Aliens" game. Somewhat Clunky and Heavily scripted, the purpose of which, i'm guessing, is inspiring suspense, but it doesn't really matter because it fails to do so in any other way except for those moments of eerie silence when you're walking alone And those are nothing new. Outside of excluding the Predators as a playable race, and adding some menial reward mechanisms you see in EVERY OTHER FPS out there, i don't see how this can be viewed as anything other than a dumbed-down AVP3 clone. The optimization itself seems to be horrendous, as the already non-stellar gameplay suffered almost omnipresent lag spikes. IN SINGLE PLAYER. How the hell does that happen? This might be a huge issue with paying customers, since some of them coughed up quite a sum by pre-ordering. One other thing that seems to follow every game of late like the plague, is the over-dramatization of already "dramatic" events. I don't understand what the issue is there, and why does it happen so often, but it sucks to see marines acting as if this is some Aliens soap opera. How, in their right mind, would anyone take this game seriously after that fact is beyond me. I should have known, after seeing Randy Pitchford's smug little face on the trailers, that this game is going to bomb. The AI is pathetic. I've seen better enemy reactions in Wolfenstein. I give it a 5 out of sheer devotion to the franchise, nothing else. If this was any other generic fps, it wouldn't even sell at the bargain bin. My advice is, play something else. Until it gets a couple of well-deserved patches, you should forget that this "thing" even exists. Expand
  79. Feb 12, 2013
    Pretty solid if you're a fan of the series. It's basically just a fan service game layered over a mediocre cover shooter. But it's not that bad, and it has Steamworks integration, co-op, and some novel multiplayer modes. I wouldn't drop $50 on it, but it's easily worth $20 or so.

Pros: Sound is dead on for rifles, xenos, etc. Voice acting is good. Environment/atmosphere. They really

Pros:
    Sound is dead on for rifles, xenos, etc. Voice acting is good.
    Environment/atmosphere. They really captured the visuals from Aliens 2.
    Steamwork integration party system.
    FoV slider unlike many ports brought to PC.

Cons:
    Limited graphical options, relatively poor quality for a 2013 release.
    Occasional animation bugs.
    Extremely stupid AI (both friendly and hostile)
    Most exciting moments are scripted.
    Very easy even on hardest difficulty. ("Ultimate Badass" is about where normal should have been.)
  80. Feb 12, 2013
    Don't believe the trolls, the game is good. I have been playing it for hours. It looks very nice. I play it on a 50" tv at max with a gtx 680..The co op is a lot of fun as well. i took HD screenshots in steam to disprove the lairs calling ti ugly.. Believe me, they are liars.. The co op and the multiplayer is fun. Gearbox is already on DAY 1 patching issues.. Who gives that kind ofDon't believe the trolls, the game is good. I have been playing it for hours. It looks very nice. I play it on a 50" tv at max with a gtx 680..The co op is a lot of fun as well. i took HD screenshots in steam to disprove the lairs calling ti ugly.. Believe me, they are liars.. The co op and the multiplayer is fun. Gearbox is already on DAY 1 patching issues.. Who gives that kind of support? No one.. I am having a blast and if you don't buy it I feel sorry for ya.. Because you let troll cry babies ruing a good game for you. I don't trust meta critic anymore.. Their reviewers are mostly just trolls now a days it seems.. Crying constantly in every forum they can find as if it will save their life.. The game is good.. I like it.. Period.. Expand
  81. Feb 12, 2013
    I played for five minutes which would normally not count as enough, though this might be the exception. i would have given this a 6-isch if it was 2006 now, but its 2013 and its been in developement since 2006, when i first saw this game i thought finally someone would make a kickass game, but it runs like and my comp is great. i wouldnt recommend anyone to buy this, MP might be fun butI played for five minutes which would normally not count as enough, though this might be the exception. i would have given this a 6-isch if it was 2006 now, but its 2013 and its been in developement since 2006, when i first saw this game i thought finally someone would make a kickass game, but it runs like and my comp is great. i wouldnt recommend anyone to buy this, MP might be fun but its so worthlessly done it doesnt deserve your time and money! Expand
  82. Feb 12, 2013
    If you compare the final game to the gameplay they showed at E3 im almost convinced that this is just plain robbery ."Some called Duke Nukem Forever the worst FPS ever. That angered me and I wanted to prove them wrong." Gearbox CEO on why they made Aliens
  83. Feb 12, 2013
    I'm the sort of Aliens fan that corrects the quotes of other Aliens fans. If you're after "the latest game" whose graphics have 13% more zing than your last latest game, your review will probably use harsh language. If you want another glorious day in the Corps, you came to the right place. You don't have to be an AvP marine on some dumbassed mining planet or a forest anymore, you get toI'm the sort of Aliens fan that corrects the quotes of other Aliens fans. If you're after "the latest game" whose graphics have 13% more zing than your last latest game, your review will probably use harsh language. If you want another glorious day in the Corps, you came to the right place. You don't have to be an AvP marine on some dumbassed mining planet or a forest anymore, you get to step onto the Sulaco and creep through the remains of Hadley's Hope.

The writing does a good job of making the pieces fit (eg why the Sulaco is back over LV-426), but opts for an in media res approach instead of building the tension. I expected to stumble out of cryo and into a training tutorial (hell, I even hoped for cornbread), but instead you get a quick cutscene and find yourself at the airlock with your pulse rifle and shotgun. Your first xeno is a scant five minutes away, and I wasn't sure if your marine knew what they were beforehand or not.

The biggest complaints I heard have been (with my response):
    1) Graphics not up to par: Yeah, I guess if picking over graphics is your thing. If you've been fighting xenos since Aliens Doom, they're fine. Around the level of the last AvP.
    2) Squad AI is bad: They take cover, flank and they don't hang around waiting for you to take the lead. Haven't had a problem with them getting stuck or anything.
    3) Guns are inaccurate: No, actually they feel more real. Play ArmA sometime.
    4) Alien AI is bad: Yes, the one you are shooting at is running right at you. But y'know how right after that you fought another one point blank? Well, it wasn't. And I love how they sometimes stop and hiss.
    5) It's too easy: If only they developed some kind of game mechanism where you could make it more difficult...

All in all, a fun romp. Doesn't live up to the "canonical sequel" tag. But honestly, how could it?
  84. Feb 12, 2013
    let's start off by saying that I've actually played through the entire campaign and spend several hours in multilayer. having said that, here's my honest opinion.

The game looks like an Alien movie, the amount of details spend in the environments is great, and you'll recognize a lot from the alien movies, but the graphics themselves are actually not up to par with recent games. if this game would have come out 2-3 years ago, it's graphics would have been good, now, not so great.
    The music, voice acting, sfx sounds are all good though annoying at times, beep beep beep ).
    The story feels like a decent alien story, nothing to over the top, and actually believable if you know the franchise. it tries to fill some gaps between movies and does a decent but not great job of doing so. in comparison to recent fps games coming out this was one of the better stories.

but this is where most of the praise ends.
    The guns feel to strong most of the time I would heavily advice you to play on harder or impossible difficulty the aliens while decently strong please note that this is written after a harder play-through

now the game play, this is where the game doesn't hold up to expectations. there's some scare moment, but far to little for an alien game. it's not uncommon to slaughter a lot of them for as long as you have ammo. while ammo isn't infinite there's definitely enough around to play out the game with 3-4 different guns only. and there's about 12 of them depending on how you count aliens leap but rarely hits, when they attack they stand still for a moment, allowing an easy melee to stun/stop them or just blast them into heaven(?). the game feels easy and you feel like a super soldier half of the time. and while there's plenty of variety in your weapons, the aliens lack strategy and diversity.

the human characters seem to lack all facial expressions except for eyes and mouth movement, aliens move sporadically between you and your ally(s) and often only target 1 at a time. and it's not uncommon to see an alien forget you after it walks past you.

missions and area's are diverse enough that they won't bore you through the campaign. but instead of feeling like the ultimate deadly enemy humans not included they feel rather simple and dumb.

you carry all your unlocked weapons with you, and you can select 2 main, a side-gun(pistol) and a grenade at a time, and you can swap between them in real time by opening up the real time weapon menu.
    you gain levels as you kill aliens which grant you unlocks to upgrade your weapons and load-out. you have an armor which you have to replenish by finding armor pieces, and a health bar which is put into 3 parts. and you generate a bar as long as it isn't fully replenished.
    I actually like these systems, the game feels more like an older fps where you have to be careful with your health and armor then the modern day shooters where you regenerate your arm every 30 seconds.

for the multilayer you keep the weapons/unlocks that you build up in single player, unfortunately there's no alien single-player, so your heavily behind in as alien as you start in MP. aliens feel underpowered, and lag is a huge issue all auto matching, expect half your matches to be to bad to play still it has it's fun moment, and if you do get a good kill it feels rewarding enough to keep going.

the game has a lot of potential, and it's unfortunately that gearbox did as much perfectly right, as that there lacking in parts. it also definitely needs some balance issues for pc. i can only hope they can fix this with some patches/dlc.

so, IN CONCLUSION.
    good atmosphere, but mediocre shooter with some decent alien mechanics. stands out above most modern mediocre fps due to a decent story and some more old-school mechanics.
    if your an alien fan, try to buy it at a discount. if your just an average fps player, i don't advice you to buy this.
  85. Feb 12, 2013
    I totally LOVE the Alien movies, and I think this game will recive a open heart from us. For the rest of you guys that Isn´t that in to the movies, I´m sure you will find a hard time with it. Sure, they got some stuff they could have tweeked here and there, bit I´m enjoying it, and that´s what counts.
  86. Feb 12, 2013
    Immense yourself in the world of Marines vs Aliens. Living in the Alien film genre this is most likely the only thing going for the game. A typical linear first person shooter with not much to offer other than a survival story line. The game features poor AI on both allies and enemies alike, weapons feel mediocre and not much use changing from the pulse rifle. Graphic detail of the game isImmense yourself in the world of Marines vs Aliens. Living in the Alien film genre this is most likely the only thing going for the game. A typical linear first person shooter with not much to offer other than a survival story line. The game features poor AI on both allies and enemies alike, weapons feel mediocre and not much use changing from the pulse rifle. Graphic detail of the game is pretty sub-par for its retail price. Easily finished from start to end in one sit through. For fans of the Alien films, its worth the play-through just to learn more of the lore and see some familiar faces but not for the retail price, wait for this title to hit the bargain bin which i can imagine it will soon be heading to. Expand
  87. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is not bad i see that is better on the pc because the pc versions do not have problems whit graphic.The gameplay is ok you will get scared sometimes and if you play it on a harder difficulty the game gets harder and better.My biggest issue is the stupid friendly AI it is just stupid it lets the xenos kill you without helping but they still help sometimes.The game does notThis game is not bad i see that is better on the pc because the pc versions do not have problems whit graphic.The gameplay is ok you will get scared sometimes and if you play it on a harder difficulty the game gets harder and better.My biggest issue is the stupid friendly AI it is just stupid it lets the xenos kill you without helping but they still help sometimes.The game does not deserve 1 and 4 it deserves a 7 or a 6.6 out of 10 if you do not like aliens you will not like this game a lot but if you like aliens and you have friends that have time to play co-op whit you than thee game gets better.My final verdict is a 7/10 Expand
  88. Feb 12, 2013
    havent played the sp campaign much but the multiplayer has a lot of potential. MP just needs a little bit of tweaking on matchmaking and lag compensation. Host does have a distinct advantage in regards to hit boxes actually registering shots. overall the balance between aliens and marines is very good, neither class feels overpowered. Definitely more fun than black ops 2... not reallyhavent played the sp campaign much but the multiplayer has a lot of potential. MP just needs a little bit of tweaking on matchmaking and lag compensation. Host does have a distinct advantage in regards to hit boxes actually registering shots. overall the balance between aliens and marines is very good, neither class feels overpowered. Definitely more fun than black ops 2... not really saying much but what else are you gonna play? Expand
  89. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is not recommended, its a bad PC port for starters, the singelplayer story is neither good nor bad, The AI is broken and not at all challenging, They introduced a expensive DLC pass with content cut from the game, that they expect us to pay for. The multiplayer has some potential, but its not worth it, considering you pay a full price for a game that you finish the singerplayerThis game is not recommended, its a bad PC port for starters, the singelplayer story is neither good nor bad, The AI is broken and not at all challenging, They introduced a expensive DLC pass with content cut from the game, that they expect us to pay for. The multiplayer has some potential, but its not worth it, considering you pay a full price for a game that you finish the singerplayer in less than 10 hours, and a multiplayer thats hardly worth it as a alone light in the darkness. Expand
  90. Feb 12, 2013
    Great, Great did I say Great GAME! Don't believe the retarded GameSpot review this game is amazing, yes there are a few textures in the game that don't look perfect but thats the only legitimate complaint and you don't grade a game just based on that. I am loving this game and the tension is has, it reminds me of the fear I felt while playing Dead Space 1 and 2 and the aliens are cool asGreat, Great did I say Great GAME! Don't believe the retarded GameSpot review this game is amazing, yes there are a few textures in the game that don't look perfect but thats the only legitimate complaint and you don't grade a game just based on that. I am loving this game and the tension is has, it reminds me of the fear I felt while playing Dead Space 1 and 2 and the aliens are cool as They look great and the game-play is amazing while staying honest to the movies and the genre. I definitely recommend this game if you ever enjoyed any of the Aliens movies, or any of the Dead Space games. Expand
  91. Feb 12, 2013
    The campaign doesn't have the most cinematic quality nor does it's story seem genuinely riveting. It suffers from poor facial animations and has some low rez graphics but it is still a lovingly crafted Aliens game which is telling in it's set design, accurate to the movies and it's enemy AI and animation. NPCs are underdeveloped but this still has some of the best Alien animation, AI andThe campaign doesn't have the most cinematic quality nor does it's story seem genuinely riveting. It suffers from poor facial animations and has some low rez graphics but it is still a lovingly crafted Aliens game which is telling in it's set design, accurate to the movies and it's enemy AI and animation. NPCs are underdeveloped but this still has some of the best Alien animation, AI and avatars I've seen in any official game from the franchise. The bravado of the marines may seem distasteful or unrelated to the franchise at first but for real die-hard fans of the movie it's quite humorous and almost self-referential. The guns in this game are well crafted, compared to previous AVP outings, and feature the original sounds as well as a ton of customization.

The multiplayer looks promising, being based on asymmetrical games Like L4D and allows you the opportunity to play as a Xeno in 3rd person.
  92. Feb 12, 2013
    The game is simply amazing, no idea why it get rated this bad, Not tested the multiplayer yet, however the campaign is simply an alien experience. If you are a fan of the saga you may appreciate it, if you are not, this may not be the game you are looking for, however. the fact that you can coop with your friends make the game simply better (for higher difficulties) IA may seems buggedThe game is simply amazing, no idea why it get rated this bad, Not tested the multiplayer yet, however the campaign is simply an alien experience. If you are a fan of the saga you may appreciate it, if you are not, this may not be the game you are looking for, however. the fact that you can coop with your friends make the game simply better (for higher difficulties) IA may seems bugged sometimes for lower difficulty, on higher the aliens are simply relentless, as they are meant to be. the story is amazing btw, surely who ever say otherwise is a Alien: resurrection fan :P Expand
  93. Feb 12, 2013
    There are so many problems with this game that it's not even funny. The story is so bad it's good, there are parts of the levels that are so unpolished it's embarrassing and there's too much time shooting other humans rather than hunting bugs. As a single player game, it's a dead loss. If you stop to examine it, it's really stupid on many levels.

BUT If you want an Aliens game, as a

BUT

If you want an Aliens game, as a Marine, no Predators around, you and your mates shooting aliens for about seven hours, it's okay. I mean it's not brilliant but it's a fun, reasonably challenging cooperative shooter and there aren't many of those around for the PC. I enjoyed the coop campaign in ACM more than I enjoyed my first play-through of Left 4 Dead or the Syndicate coop missions and it had a much smoother process to set it up than the latter.

It's a long way from polished but I think it offers something that is all too rare on PC, a solid coop first person shooter experience. I got seven hours out of it, which isn't much for a full price game, but they were seven good hours, so I don't think it's that bad. Wouldn't recommend getting it except on sale though really. But just to reiterate, it's only saving feature is the coop, it does that well enough to be worth a dip into a bargain bin.
  94. Feb 12, 2013
    Well this is a game i have been waiting for a long time. And, truth be told, it's not great. First of all, the grafics are "ok" on the pc version. Not great, but ok. But they are not the problem with this game. First, the campaign is just bad. From the first 10 minutes into the game, it felt really wrong. If this is suppose, to be a direct and legit sequel to aliens, well... It sucks. TheWell this is a game i have been waiting for a long time. And, truth be told, it's not great. First of all, the grafics are "ok" on the pc version. Not great, but ok. But they are not the problem with this game. First, the campaign is just bad. From the first 10 minutes into the game, it felt really wrong. If this is suppose, to be a direct and legit sequel to aliens, well... It sucks. The characters are all forgetable. I cared for none of them. NONE. They are a generic copy and paste from old school action game characters with no personality. If you liked Hudson, Hicks Vasq, drake, ect... None of the marines in this game come even close to them. You just DON'T CARE!!! The story was meh, the missions on the Sulaco were forgetable, but it gets better once you get to Hadley's hope. And the ending is just terrible. The campain is just 5 hours long give or take. Now... some of you might not care about the story. You just want the atmosphere and tensions from the movie right? Did gearbox pull it off? Well... To be fair, sound is good, music is accurate and yes Hadley's hope is very detailed and looks very accurate to the movie. But here is the thing where GBX messed up... And it's no small issue. The ALIENS... My god... the Aliens! They walk and move around like retards, they don't scare you, they just pop at you in (badly)scripted events. Think it stops there? I am just getting started... The AI is... It's..... I can't describe it. But Half-life 1 had a better AI then this piece of crap. Yes. HL 1, a game that came out YEARS ago, did better. ALIENS ARE RETARDS in this game. And don't think that they get smarter at higher difficulty setting... They don't, they just hit you harder. Like the motion tracker? don't bother using it! Aliens just pop in front you and try to give you a hug. What happened to the most feared monster in the galaxy? They just run at you like retarded zombies. I never felt ANY tension during the campain. (Well, except the stealth level, the only good moment in the campain). The AI is by far the kiss of death of this game. This migh just be a zombie game, it wouldn't make any difference. Co-op is a welcome addition and will definitly spice-up the experience. Provided that you set the difficulty level up, as the game dosen't scale according to the number of players in co-op. Multiplayer is probably the only enjoyable part of this game. Escape mode is fun to play as a marine as FINALLY you are facing Xenos with BRAINS. The motion tracker is usefull again. So yes it's fun and i can see myself playing it for some time... BUT........ playing as a xeno is... HORRIBLE! Wall climbing is by far the worst in ANY alien game i have seen so far. IT'S USELESS! You can't aim properly and perform attacks while you are on the wall. This is THE important part of being an alien, BEING ABLE TO ATTACK FROM ANY ANGLE!!!!! Why choose to make a 3rd person view to avoid people getting sick while wall climbing if wall climbing is broken in the first place? Screw the multiple alien races, an alien that can't climb on the wall properly is a dead alien. In short, they got the alien COMPLETLY wrong. Both in the Campain (Bad AI) and the multiplayer (Wall climbing+ attack is not much of an option). I used to have a lot of trust in gearbox games. But Duke Nukem forever, and now THIS! You have the greatest franchise of all TIME to toy with and this is what you DO with it? I swear, GBX needs to pull itself together. Expand
  95. Feb 12, 2013
    I don't know why there is so much hate surrounding this game....for what it is I had fun and enjoyed it thoroughly. It's just a simple scripted corridor shooter. If you wanted borderlands with aliens then yeah you'll be disappointed. I thought it was great!
  96. Feb 12, 2013
    This is a subpar game. A disservice of the Aliens licence. WTF gearbox? Brain-dead AI, poor textures, boring corridor shooter. This game is candidate to Worst Game of the Year 2013.
  97. Feb 12, 2013
    I don't get it, people are freaking out over graphics, and AI, and all that. It wasn't advertised to be graphically impressive, or insanely great AI. It was advertised to be an Aliens game and that's what it is. I mean if you want to have OP multilayer with Predators vs Aliens vs Marines, play AVP. If not, and you want a game that lets you have your dream of being a Colonial Marine onI don't get it, people are freaking out over graphics, and AI, and all that. It wasn't advertised to be graphically impressive, or insanely great AI. It was advertised to be an Aliens game and that's what it is. I mean if you want to have OP multilayer with Predators vs Aliens vs Marines, play AVP. If not, and you want a game that lets you have your dream of being a Colonial Marine on LV-426, then this is for you. Oh, and on the glitches and bugs, and other things, yes they'll probably be handled in updates. Then to fix the campaign, and multilayer it will probably be DLC, so if you can stick with it, grin and bear it, and all that jazz just a while longer you might just get those extra few things you were looking for in this game. Expand
  98. Feb 12, 2013
    Enjoying myself fully after 3-4 missions in the cinematic single player part of this game. Not as scary as the earlier AvP games but a solid SP experience. So far my only real complaint is the scripted pauses where the tracker is not accessible. The unlocks and leveling feels well integrated and solid and adds more game within the game.

Good: gfx, sound, control Not as good: Scripted,

Good: gfx, sound, control
    Not as good: Scripted, interrupting pauses, tracker feels a bit scripted
  99. Feb 12, 2013
    As a fan of the Aliens films, I was hoping for the best, but I got Colonial Marines. Not to to say this isn't a great game, I love it. Sure it has its faults, but those can be fixed with patches, such as the multilayer lag, and Campaign glitches. Obviously this series meant a lot to Gearbox, because if you actually look there are an insane amount references to the "Aliens" film. I lookAs a fan of the Aliens films, I was hoping for the best, but I got Colonial Marines. Not to to say this isn't a great game, I love it. Sure it has its faults, but those can be fixed with patches, such as the multilayer lag, and Campaign glitches. Obviously this series meant a lot to Gearbox, because if you actually look there are an insane amount references to the "Aliens" film. I look past the short comings this game has and see a game that, hopefully in future updates will get the TLC it needs. I give Aliens a 10 out of 10, for the effort Gearbox had put it, and for their ambitious goal they set for themselves they just quite missed. Not to mention, the Ultimate Bad-Ass difficulty adds a bit more to game play. Expand
  100. Feb 12, 2013
    The first thing that you will notice after paying 60 bucks and booting this thing up is that it is possibly one of the ugliest modern shooters I have seen in a very long time. If you are a graphics enthusiest then this will make your eyeballs bleed. I have a fairly stout computer and was hoping for some meat on this thing, there is none. The first thing that came to mind (an afterThe first thing that you will notice after paying 60 bucks and booting this thing up is that it is possibly one of the ugliest modern shooters I have seen in a very long time. If you are a graphics enthusiest then this will make your eyeballs bleed. I have a fairly stout computer and was hoping for some meat on this thing, there is none. The first thing that came to mind (an after reading these reviews, many others as well) is Doom 3. and not the BFG edition. Some may argue that it is uglier. Its pretty bad. It is kind of fun though, but that is comming from a guy who is not a serious FPS player. I do enjoy cod series but if thats what you look for in all shooters, dont even come near this. But if you like shooters to a degree and are tired of the hardcore ones, and reminse about the days of return to wolfenstein and the like then this may be something to try. Not for 60 bucks though. 20 at the most. If you buy it now you will feel ripped. Being an aliens fan dosent hurt either but not being one will destroy any enjoyment you hope to have. The only reason it gets a 3 is cause of the alien thing. its not a bad shooter, just not a serious one, and a very very very very very ugly one. Its so ugly you will be floored. My jaw hit the ground. Expand
  101. Feb 12, 2013
    The people who saw the first 2 movies should NOT play this game. A total disgrace to the amazing movies! I returned DS3 for this, but omg does this suck on PC. Apart from the sad fact that this is as always just a simple conosoleport, it really looks poor. The world is so damn empty..... I mean "tension" and ""suspense"? Where the hell is it? Very low textures, ugly game, way to easy andThe people who saw the first 2 movies should NOT play this game. A total disgrace to the amazing movies! I returned DS3 for this, but omg does this suck on PC. Apart from the sad fact that this is as always just a simple conosoleport, it really looks poor. The world is so damn empty..... I mean "tension" and ""suspense"? Where the hell is it? Very low textures, ugly game, way to easy and full of minor bugs as in they rushed this game out. Keep you money in your pocket, because this game is plain and stupid! Collapse

1. Jun 10, 2013