Aliens: Colonial Marines PC

3.5

1. Sep 23, 2014
    One of the biggest gaming failures. Its story is a joke, the coop is a joke, the mp modes are the usual uninspired tdm call of duty garbage. Overall this game is a joke. Don't buy.
  2. Nov 2, 2014
    Biggest let down of this decade, Alien Colonial Marines was promised to be a gritty shooter with survival horror elements but all it amounts to is another Call of Duty clone with awful AI. The Alien AI awful and is completely different to the game play shown before launch, with aliens spazing across the walls and charging toward the player and missing by miles. The story is lack luster andBiggest let down of this decade, Alien Colonial Marines was promised to be a gritty shooter with survival horror elements but all it amounts to is another Call of Duty clone with awful AI. The Alien AI awful and is completely different to the game play shown before launch, with aliens spazing across the walls and charging toward the player and missing by miles. The story is lack luster and was not used to the best effect. The gun play is fun but you end up fighting generic Waylon Yuntani merc's with no character. In the end the game amounts to lack luster game play, plot and AI. Warning do not pick this game up! Expand
  3. Dec 10, 2014
    The game is a massive letdown. All the time it spent in development hell turned it into a buggy, boring mess of a game. it could have been so much more. What we ended up getting is a below average run-of-the-mill FPS. I shan't go into more detail, since others have covered it over and over again. Simply avoid it, even if you are an Aliens fan.

Jimbo Rating: 2/10
  4. Jul 15, 2013
    OMFG... was this necessary? I've been waiting for this game like hell, and this...

I don't want to talk much: STAY AWAY. This game is a disaster, both technical and artistic... maybe it's in fact the worst FPS game for about 10 years. I just can't imagine what Gearbox was thinking... this game is unnacceptable.
  5. Feb 12, 2013
    After 7 hours of playing I will have to write now or never. Some may complain that I haven't given the game a chance. You know what? It's not going to get any more than these 7 hours out of me and in retrospect that's probably 2 or 3 hours more than this game deserves. A dull traipse through badly designed levels with "rent and idiot" characters and so little in the way of gameplay aboveAfter 7 hours of playing I will have to write now or never. Some may complain that I haven't given the game a chance. You know what? It's not going to get any more than these 7 hours out of me and in retrospect that's probably 2 or 3 hours more than this game deserves. A dull traipse through badly designed levels with "rent and idiot" characters and so little in the way of gameplay above "it moves shoot it" that it might as well be Quake with better graphics. The difference being of course, that every game must be taken in context, and of it's time Quake was innovative and excellent but that time was 17 years ago. I was temped to give this a zero just becasue I'm so cheesed off as a massive Aliens fan. Why buy the rights to an iconic franchise and do this? Why Gearbox WHY? I got nervous when they said they were removing the single player squad system to make the game "more accessible" (i.e at best "dumbed down" at worst "we couldn't be bothered or don't have the skill to implement a system like this") But this game is just so DULL. It doesn't crash, the graphics are ok the sound, though taken from 26 year old samples it seems, is very good but that's the best I can say about the game. The old samples used for gunfire polish up well considering how old they are. That really is the best I can say about this game. The gameplay is as generic as "Jenny Generic and her Generic Geriatrics" cut and paste gameplay that is soooooooo old. How could this game have taken more than 6 months to cobble together from exising gameplay mechnics with a new lick of GFX on top? Anyway I'll give it 1 out of 10 which is 2 (yes 2... I considered minus one but I couldn't push the slider back that far) more than I wanted to give it 10 minutes ago. Expand
  6. Apr 16, 2013
    I was so looking forward to this title telling my friends finally there's gonna be an Aliens game sequel showing the footage from E3..Seeing there's co-op on the mission we couldn't wait to be in the boots on the ground finding what happened to the Sulaco marines..I bought the game and the DLC thinking expensive but this so gonna be worth it...Then finally its a piece of crap so let downI was so looking forward to this title telling my friends finally there's gonna be an Aliens game sequel showing the footage from E3..Seeing there's co-op on the mission we couldn't wait to be in the boots on the ground finding what happened to the Sulaco marines..I bought the game and the DLC thinking expensive but this so gonna be worth it...Then finally its a piece of crap so let down man the graphics on AVP 2010 were more better than this pile of stinking crap..Lets see Randy Pitchford carter burke and gearbox weyland yutani now i know how ripley and the crew of sulaco felt when the got back stabbed by burke and weyland and left to die... Expand
  7. Feb 14, 2013
    I'm only going to talk about the singleplayer/co-op campaign.

What it does right: The game level design, sound and music are all true to the license. It has some really nice references to the movie hidden throughout. The graphics are not ground breaking but are good enough. In other words, they set the scene for an awesome aliens game really well. What it does wrong: It completely
    I'm only going to talk about the singleplayer/co-op campaign.

What it does wrong: It completely removes the atmosphere the aliens franchise is known for. There are no moments when your fighting for you life. There are no jump scares. And the aliens do not behave like a dangerous opponent, in fact they spend most of their time walking at a reasonably slow pace with very little climbing on walls and roofs, and are just simple head straight towards target AIs like Serious Sam and just walk mindlessly towards you. Unlike Serious Sam you don't fight hordes of enemies or need keyboard agility to avoid them. In fact you can kinda half be asleep while in heavy combat in this game. The other thing which brings the game down is the fact you can carry all weapons and ammo at once, this basically turns you into a tank with unlimited ammo and in the aliens franchise ammo conservation is an important part of the fear factor.
    Summary: If you looking for an alien fix and don't mind the other species your best bet is still Aliens Vs Predator (The original one not the new one) and its sequel and play through the marine campaign.
  8. Feb 14, 2013
    What a genuinely awful game in a series of awful games. An iconic franchise that is so simply transplanted to FPS meets mostly awful development time and time again. Expectations were pretty low coming in. I would have been happy if this long incubated title was 'Mediocre'. It's offensively bad, and that is not hyperbole. It is offensive on every level. Rebellion must be rolling withWhat a genuinely awful game in a series of awful games. An iconic franchise that is so simply transplanted to FPS meets mostly awful development time and time again. Expectations were pretty low coming in. I would have been happy if this long incubated title was 'Mediocre'. It's offensively bad, and that is not hyperbole. It is offensive on every level. Rebellion must be rolling with laughter right now after their middling AvP got raked across the coals. As far as finger pointing goes, the consistent iron in the fire is Fox Interactive. Flushing their franchise down the toilet in every medium possible.. Expand
  9. Mar 8, 2013
    Hmm, poor gameplay, an intensive marketing campaign, a useless fat bastard as a CEO. yep, we have all been utterly scammed. People should post his home address on youtube. I seriously hope this scamming scumbag and his front company get everything he so richly deserves. I could go on to describe what this game has done to encourage piracy or damage the gaming industry etc etc. I willHmm, poor gameplay, an intensive marketing campaign, a useless fat bastard as a CEO. yep, we have all been utterly scammed. People should post his home address on youtube. I seriously hope this scamming scumbag and his front company get everything he so richly deserves. I could go on to describe what this game has done to encourage piracy or damage the gaming industry etc etc. I will simply put it this way. To the development and publishing community. If you want to develop a revenue stream based upon sustainable growth. This is an example of how not to do it. Make sure this idiot and his company are relegated to the unemployment poverty stricken hell they so richly deserve. Expand
  10. Feb 24, 2013
    This Game is a Disaster and a well made Scam. Nothing in this Game looks like the Gameplaydemo´s. Its horrible, but not in the way we want it. Horrible Grafiks, stupid Story and the AI is dumber as a stone.
    I wonder if this is even legal, what Gearbox done.
    Only the Weaponsounds are good. Anything else is just bad bad bad. Dont buy this piece of Trash. EGM give a 90?..Lmao..
  11. Feb 23, 2013
    Well I have to admit I started playing this game with a biased negative view on it after all the initial videos and reviews of it. But I have played it with as an objective perspective as possible.

My initial impression was actually quite mixed. For a bit, even though I knew how cut down the atmosphere and graphics were from the marketing demo we saw: I actually liked the atmosphere and lighting even though it didn't feel really new and awesome. It was dark, intense blinking lights, etc. It really gave me a nice sense of fear and creepyness.
    What was bad however was the presentation of the plot and the really wooden and cliché characters. Even by game standards it was just not even close to par with games that have decent dramatisation and dialogue.

From here on it goes downhill fast and stays there. The gunplay couple with the enemy and buddy AI is just complete rubbish: as bad as Brink. Just as in Brink your buddies are useless and their gun-fire is more visual effect than effective. The AI is just spawn spawn spawn and jump jump jump around: compounded by all the guns being weak pea-shooters with small mags and clumsy handling. Like I said: exactly what made Brink so bad.
    The Xenos are just really not good in terms of modeling, behaviour and danger. We have this image of the Xenos from the movies as unbelievably good ambush masters that need to be killed from atleast 10 yards away or longer if you don't wanna die. In this you just constantly shoot at them while they're in front of you in a stale "a blooga blooga boo!" stance. It reminds me of old 90s arcade games where you just had a big sprite in front of you and it didn't really animate in any way.
    So yeah instead of amazing sneaky and lightning fast xenos we really don't get anything more complex than doom3d enemies coming at you going "rawr". That's the one move they have: they spawn and climb stuff to get to about 10 yards away from you. Then they kind of crouch and wiggle their hiney followed by a silly pounce in front of you. It's like you're playing against cats in xeno costumes.
    The way they behaved in the AvP games was actually kind of good: to go way way way down in quality after all these years is just pathetic.

I'd go on but I'm already tired of pointing out all these inadequacies. It's a bad game with gameplay that in parts is as simple and archaic as doom3d and some parts at best live up to 2004 gaming standards. If I had developed this I would be ashamed of myself.
  12. Feb 16, 2013
    Just a terrible game, story is a joke, AI is a joke, graphics is a joke, over all gameplay is just terrible. Its sad that Gearbox screwed over game about Aliens, could have been great game if they cared, but unfortunately it looked like they just didn't care at all and put this garbage together few months before the deadline.
  13. Feb 16, 2013
    This is the most disappointing game I've played in a very long time. From big to small it fails on almost every level. The immersion promised in the pre-release video was stripped leaving behind the husk of a generic shooter. The dialog is awful with its forced, rehashed lines from Aliens. The corny try-hard attempt to recreate the attitude of the characters from the movie. A boring (DLCThis is the most disappointing game I've played in a very long time. From big to small it fails on almost every level. The immersion promised in the pre-release video was stripped leaving behind the husk of a generic shooter. The dialog is awful with its forced, rehashed lines from Aliens. The corny try-hard attempt to recreate the attitude of the characters from the movie. A boring (DLC READY! :D) story with a... well... I would've called it a cliffhanger ending but truth be told I simply don't care. The game play offers virtually nothing to offset any of the above. It's functional, usually, but that's where the praise ends. The alien AI feels like it was written by some poor intern that doesn't even like FPS games. It's pretty standard copy/paste game play beyond that. With the gratuitous weapon unlocks and totally linear map design.

The worst offenders by far are the lifeless boring levels. The fact they took the source material of aliens and turned it into this is upsetting, if not flat out depressing. The animations are laughable (power loader anyone?) and the textures would make Ray Charles weep. The lighting? Mods to "help fix" the lightning were out in less than 24 hours. At least Duke Nukem Forever won't be lonely at the bottom of the barrel.
  14. Feb 13, 2013
    Lazy game which rides the title to monetary gain rather than putting forward anything worth playing. So many times while playing this I could see broken textures on hallways, those bright blue lines you are seeing on the floor are not lights, people, they are the edges of the textures. The in lifts you can see through the world into the sky-box (and see the planets below), it is a lazyLazy game which rides the title to monetary gain rather than putting forward anything worth playing. So many times while playing this I could see broken textures on hallways, those bright blue lines you are seeing on the floor are not lights, people, they are the edges of the textures. The in lifts you can see through the world into the sky-box (and see the planets below), it is a lazy lazy game. Not only that, it is boring, dreadfully so, even the co-op has my friends and I laughing at how awful the AI is, even on the hardest difficultly, it is a lazy game with lazy writing, coding, and development. I'm not sure if Gearbox actually made this, or outsourced it to somewhere, it really makes me question and further purchases of their production. Expand
  15. Jun 23, 2013
    WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? This game is pure trash. Broken AI, horrible graphics, terrible story and most of the time you shoot humans??? I give this 1 and not 0 cause i like aliens, but this game is really bad joke
  16. Feb 12, 2013
    The people who saw the first 2 movies should NOT play this game. A total disgrace to the amazing movies! I returned DS3 for this, but omg does this suck on PC. Apart from the sad fact that this is as always just a simple conosoleport, it really looks poor. The world is so damn empty..... I mean "tension" and ""suspense"? Where the hell is it? Very low textures, ugly game, way to easy andThe people who saw the first 2 movies should NOT play this game. A total disgrace to the amazing movies! I returned DS3 for this, but omg does this suck on PC. Apart from the sad fact that this is as always just a simple conosoleport, it really looks poor. The world is so damn empty..... I mean "tension" and ""suspense"? Where the hell is it? Very low textures, ugly game, way to easy and full of minor bugs as in they rushed this game out. Keep you money in your pocket, because this game is plain and stupid! Expand
  17. Feb 13, 2013
    There is not much to recommend about this game and zero reason to play it. Everything you've likely heard is true. The plot is bland and illogical, the aliens are neither scary or believable, the level design is so linear that they might as well have sat you in a theme park ride. The animations are so sub-par as to be beyond belief. This game would be embarrassing to a value softwareThere is not much to recommend about this game and zero reason to play it. Everything you've likely heard is true. The plot is bland and illogical, the aliens are neither scary or believable, the level design is so linear that they might as well have sat you in a theme park ride. The animations are so sub-par as to be beyond belief. This game would be embarrassing to a value software developer. For it to be developed by Gearbox (a supposedly triple A studio) based on a can't-lose sci-fi franchise.... This will surely ruin Gearbox's reputation, at very least. Expand
  18. Feb 25, 2013
    Ill firstly start with the Campaign, its a disgrace, this game i was hugely hyped up for, the E3 trailer look exactly how it should do if you were watching the films, somehow the end product is nothing at all like the E3 trailer, i understand that companies change the storyline, characters and plots before release, but they've turned it into something so poor its shockingly bad, the AI isIll firstly start with the Campaign, its a disgrace, this game i was hugely hyped up for, the E3 trailer look exactly how it should do if you were watching the films, somehow the end product is nothing at all like the E3 trailer, i understand that companies change the storyline, characters and plots before release, but they've turned it into something so poor its shockingly bad, the AI is BROKEN, it does not function half the time, and it does not move or react like a Xeno should, the marines again, are broken, O'neal (your companion) is useless, he does nothing but shoot with the most powerful gun in the galaxy which seems to do nothing, the storyline is ridiculous, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, it has no likeability about it, it takes no time to complete leaving no room for immersion, its so annoying to think that such a promising game which all aliens fans were looking forward to, is wasted and turned into something thats not only unplayable, but borderline insulting to the fans of the franchise. It's only serious saving grace (which isnt a large one) is multiplayer to some extent, the customization is great to play around with, but will eventually get tiresome because you have every customization available to you, because its not that difficult, which means this game (until DLC comes out) is virtually offering no replayability, even with the season pass, because the game has fell so badly under my expectations i honestly doubt any amount of DLC could entice me back into playing this, only if they made an ENTIRE full feature length campaign, dedicated to xeno's only, and a few weyland encounters, other than that, this game is seriously not worth its current price at (£29.99) even more on Xbox and other consoles, and yes its worse on them. A total disappointment. Expand
  19. Feb 19, 2013
    It is official, Gearbox has taken up 3drealms's bad habits. over-hyping, overselling, and didn't deliver at the end. hell, the demo that they showed was a complete fabrication which i think it should be illegal. If ACM only took 2 years to make it will be understandable for all the poor graphics, coding, crappy game play ect. but this "game" took 6 years to make?...like i said 3Drealms badIt is official, Gearbox has taken up 3drealms's bad habits. over-hyping, overselling, and didn't deliver at the end. hell, the demo that they showed was a complete fabrication which i think it should be illegal. If ACM only took 2 years to make it will be understandable for all the poor graphics, coding, crappy game play ect. but this "game" took 6 years to make?...like i said 3Drealms bad habits. only recommended for hard hard fans of aliens, or just wait for the $5 special the steam, ether way. I, personally will never buy a Gearbox game as long as i live. *taking my money else were* Expand
  20. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is by far one of the worst of the year, and i can say that in all confidence even though it's only February. No atmosphere, the WORST textures I've ever seen, a majority of vents and small crawl spaces that aliens sometimes crawl out of and such are actually just black squares, not real vents. Such a poorly designed game it's almost impressive. No effort has been put into thisThis game is by far one of the worst of the year, and i can say that in all confidence even though it's only February. No atmosphere, the WORST textures I've ever seen, a majority of vents and small crawl spaces that aliens sometimes crawl out of and such are actually just black squares, not real vents. Such a poorly designed game it's almost impressive. No effort has been put into this game at all. Do not buy it, especially not for the ridiculously high price on steam. this game would be somewhat reasonable at 10 dollars, but even then, do not buy it. Aliens are too cumbersome to control, the tactical sights on weapons are strangely mis-aligned, the weapon firing sounds are laughable at best. avoid at all costs Expand
  21. Feb 13, 2013
    2003 AI сложности).
    Не AlienBreed 20го DeadSpace1-2 высер!

ЗЫ:
  22. Feb 14, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game but unfortunately I can't. Graphics and animation feel dated I swear i have games from 2007 that outshine this. Gameplay is just dull... a below average shooter at best!
    I've played co-op mode with a friend and this was just plain bad. First off the clumsy menu system where you have to select "friends only" to start a game isn't immediately obvious, neither is selecting your loadout.
    We got to the stage where you take 3 steps then have to let your character stand still for 2 minutes, then another 3 steps before standing still again while the Aliens sniff you (move the mouse to look and you're dead) and it was at this stage we realised that we were punishing ourselves for buying the game.
    Money down the drain.
    I did break my cardinal rule of never buying a game based on a movie/tv show... they're always terrible and this one is probably near the top of that tree.
  23. Feb 14, 2013
    TL;DR: It was for a variety of reasons and although it had some redeeming features they were not enough to make me not want a refund.

The start of the solo campaign honestly filled me with hope and a little apprehension. It leapt in a little fast for aliens and some of the mood might have been lost but the first 10-20minutes of the game was great. The problem was, the more I played

The problem was, the more I played it the less I liked it. The more I progressed the less scary the 'perfect killing machines' became and more irritating as they jumped down onto their prescripted ledges and stood there to be mowed down. Occasionally some would survive and start running at you, slower than a marine I noted. When I got sick of murdering mindless rabbits I let my NPCs invulnerable, almost untargetable and with infinite ammo (not that ammo was ever once an issue during the campaign) mow them down as I ran in circles. Gone are the dismembering of body parts that only slightly slow them down (avp1) and gone is the atmosphere, threat and any real challenge. Where in previous incarnations aliens were something to be feared, in this they are simply fodder to be tediously dealt with as you muddy your way through an increasingly weak story.

This game had an engine that rivaled half-life in clunk and AI approaching, but not outdoing, castle wolfenstien. To date multiplayer has been a graveyard of failure and disheartened souls. The weapon mods were basically pointless, especially when combined with the built in, unremoveable autoaim which over writes the shoulder weapon function. So those braindead mooks starting at you from behind a box are literally invulnerable as you empty clip after clip into the box despite your best efforts to overcome the games desire to aim for you. In the end I found they dropped enough ammo that, with a little weapon cycling you could simply kill them all with grenades.

There are a few redeeming features, the actual maps are, for the most part, beautiful points of nostalgia as long as one can ignore the poorly rendered dodads that have been haphazardly scattered through them and the weapons look and feel (until you actually try using them on real targets) like they should.

The leveling/unlock system feels utterly redundant it is possible to gain several levels in a single mission without trying and there are missions it is possible to farm for the truly die hard. If the game was designed to feel like a high texture version of a mid 90s FPS it has succeeded, if they expect that to make it a great success they have serious issues fast approaching. As a release under the 'aliens' franchise it feels like a cheap knock off designed purely to make money off the past before anyone notices what they have done to it. I cannot honestly believe that any dev looked at the finished product and felt happy with it. Where the blame lies is ultimately irrelevant however, the key point being it was a waste of money and if steam offered a refund I would have turned this in with a package fresh from my cats anus to return to them what they had given to me.
  24. Feb 15, 2013
    Falsely Advertised with fake "Actual in-game footage"

-Terrible AI
    -Terrible Story
    -Very buggy Single Player and Multi-player
    -No Dedicated servers so hosts constantly leaving
    - Terrible Alien pathfinding when crawling around in MP getting stuck etc.

Pathetic attempt, even replaying the recent Aliens versus Predator by Rebellion which has better Graphics, Story and AI.

1/10 at most
  25. Feb 16, 2013
    There is a lot of controversy surrounding this game most notably the blatant false advertising but let me just focus on the game itself here. Visuals and auditory: The game drags you through poorly modeled drab futuristic enviroments where the 3d assets are re-used far too often. Walking through corridors, corridors and more corridors you'll encounter roughly four types of enemies whoseThere is a lot of controversy surrounding this game most notably the blatant false advertising but let me just focus on the game itself here. Visuals and auditory: The game drags you through poorly modeled drab futuristic enviroments where the 3d assets are re-used far too often. Walking through corridors, corridors and more corridors you'll encounter roughly four types of enemies whose animations were apparently motion captured by a frozen corpse tied up with rubber strings. The textures that cover everything look like something I imagine artists send to each other as a practical joke. Lighting and shadows, probably the most important part of an ALIENS game is sloppily put together. Gearbox tried to sprinkle recognizable objects from the movies into the game in order to distract you from how god awful the game looks but that is a bit like drawing a smiley face on a fist that punched you in the face, it is still going to hurt.

Meanwhile in the audio department we have mediocre voice acting, it is not going to draw you into the game any more than the graphics but perhaps that is a good thing. The iconic tension building motion tracker is in the game but only as a curiosity for movie fans since it servers no purpose whatsoever gameplay wise. Music is the only thing I consider somewhat decent even though there are very few compositions and they are re-used too often. Again, sound design is one of your greatest tools when you are designing a game based on Aliens but the creators miss the mark completely.

Gameplay: When you think of the movie aliens do you conjure up images of pants fudging terror and struggling to survive or do you think of a handful of marines shooting for hours on end at corporate goons? The designers of this game seem to have thought of the latter since all you do is run through narrow corridors spraying everything you see with your pick of fast shooting pulse rifle, normal shooting pulse rifle or slow shooting pulse rifle. At the opportunities where the developers could have differentiated themselves from the rest of the flock in the putrid sea of brainless military shooters, stuff like planting turret defences or welding bulkheads shut they just put a scripted event where the maximum amount of player interaction is Hold E button. It feels as if the developers worked hard to puncture any feel of suspense the game might build up by accident so they added immortal AI teammates and flashing RANK UP exclamations (because nowadays the only way you'll get a sense of accomplishment is through gaining points in an arbitrary rank ladder). Longevity: The campaign will at the very highest of difficulty go on for about 5-6 hours and considering how easy the game is I doubt it is even possible to die at normal setting. Anyway you'll unlock all the additional attachments and pointless twaddle about halfway through the story so there is no incentive to replay it. The multiplayer is another peer2peer that I can't imagine anyone will still be playing two months from now. Conclusion: When you make a game based on a specific franchise your customers expect you to at the very least capture a sliver of the mood presented in the source material. Gearbox Interactive is either made up by a bunch of meatheads that don't understand the movies or they just farted out a failed abortion of a game to make a few quick bucks, avoid a lawsuit from Sega and urinate on alien fans. They failed miserably on every single level when making Aliens colonial marines and it is honestly one of the worst games I've ever played in my life.
  26. Feb 21, 2013
    The AI are just getting more retarded the further I play threw. all you gotta do with the boss is just keep right clicking till he is in a corner then he can't attack back. and the hunters suck as well... they take a whole clip to kill and the bullets don't really have any effect on them they just keep coming at you till they are dead and basically one swing and your done foron top of thatThe AI are just getting more retarded the further I play threw. all you gotta do with the boss is just keep right clicking till he is in a corner then he can't attack back. and the hunters suck as well... they take a whole clip to kill and the bullets don't really have any effect on them they just keep coming at you till they are dead and basically one swing and your done foron top of that sometimes the aliens get stuck underground and there is no way to kill them. alot of times there will be no character movement by the aliens and they are just stiff models moving around....

60% of the time the AI have aliens right next to them and don't do a damn thing because they are invincible why would the human AI care?

Some of the aliens don't actually attack you and they sit there on the ceiling moving alive and invincible...
    some of the cinematic killing scenes don't work properly 70% of the time.. really choppy or missing parts of the scene

the AI just stand in front of the auto turrets and continuously get shot lol..

i played through a very good portion of the game and they pretty much ruined it. I can't list everything wrong with the game but I'm sure you can look for yourself. I hope they start from scratch and remake this game the way its meant to be made.
  27. Mar 2, 2013
    I could not put more than 10min into this! I can forgive week graphics, the lame story, dumb UI design ,and really REALLY bad voice actors who seamed like they were sleep talking...; but I can not get past the fact that this is not even close to finished. The AI does not seem to care if I am even playing. I can walk right up to the aliens and they ignore me because they seem to beI could not put more than 10min into this! I can forgive week graphics, the lame story, dumb UI design ,and really REALLY bad voice actors who seamed like they were sleep talking...; but I can not get past the fact that this is not even close to finished. The AI does not seem to care if I am even playing. I can walk right up to the aliens and they ignore me because they seem to be perfecting the "harlem shake". Get this, you can play with a buddy in co-op on the same screen... BUT you can not play verses with them on the same screen... WTH I am so pissed at this game I am writing this review.... I am so pissed that I want my $2 dollars and 10mins back from renting this garbage! Duke Nukem was better! Expand
  28. Mar 3, 2013
    Although visually 'pretty' the, the game was let down by over-dramatics and odd musical themes. I would be looking elsewhere, probably minecraft for my next gaming fix. Thanks a lot.
  29. Mar 8, 2013
    So this is Gearbox and its CEO:s Randy Pitchford dreamproject which they hyped so much. Pile of absolute garbage with full pricetag and deceiving advertising, like that demo they showed before release which actually looked decent. Talk about deception and lying. You had six years time to finish this and we get this, mediocre shooter with five hour campaign, aliens you can ran past, andSo this is Gearbox and its CEO:s Randy Pitchford dreamproject which they hyped so much. Pile of absolute garbage with full pricetag and deceiving advertising, like that demo they showed before release which actually looked decent. Talk about deception and lying. You had six years time to finish this and we get this, mediocre shooter with five hour campaign, aliens you can ran past, and human opposites. Who wants to shoot humans in Aliens game? Shame on you Gearbox! Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)