7.5

1. Oct 24, 2014
    Este es un título que merece ser mencionado, en la historia de ambas franquicias cinematográficas.
    El juego tiene tres campañas donde brilla principalmente por su ambientación, animación y efectos. Faltó mas interacción con el entorno, cosa que no explotaron en buena medida, además de muy poca duración aún siendo tres.
    Se aprecia en gran medida la jugabilidad de tres distintas formas,
    una para cada especie, que fueron aceptables.
    El fuerte es su multijugador, una combinación de acción y diversión sin límite...
    En efecto no es un título perfecto, pero en comparación del desastroso Aliens Colonial Marines es una obra maestra. 100% recomendado ya que todos los jugones vuelven a este título aún pasado todo este tiempo, para olvidar ese mal sabor de boca que nos dejó a todos Colonial marines.
  2. Oct 10, 2013
    The best Aliens vs Predator francische I have ever played in my life...Way better than Aliens Damned Marines...This game is a must buy!There are still online players playing it.
  3. May 25, 2013
    Great combo game, its got a total of 3 games all into one.. You can play as the predator, alien or the soldier so very cool. SEGA? Excellent work on this and on Aliens Colonial Marines
  4. Jun 27, 2012
    I'm not sure why this game got such a low META score. It's fun, looks great, and is as good as any other FPS in this genera. I saw the low Meta score at first and waited until it went on sale for $2.99, but I'm very pleased with the game.
  5. Jan 24, 2012
    This is a very atmospheric, beautiful and terrifying game. Especially in DX11 graphics. But most of all, it's extremely fun to play online. It has dedicated servers and setting up a game of your own works fine. A lot of people have mics and it has an easy oneclick mute function for those annoying people. Species Team Deathmatch, Predator Hunt and Infestation are extremely fun. The three different species handle very differently from one another. It might seem unbalanced at first, but when you start understanding how to play as the different species you can win with any of them. As an Alien you can get incredible speed and jump from wall to wall with ease once you've mastered it(it's a bit disorienting in the beginning) Thanks to this you can surprise flank your enemies and outmanouver them. Great sense of freedom and power when you get good at it.

Marines are slow but powerful and together they can be quite hard to kill with their firepower and ability to block lighter attacks. The iconic motion tracker is spooky as usual and not always reliable. They are scary to play as and do well when together in a group.

Predators are arguably the most dangerous species but they can't take that much damage. Stealth, strength and awesome weaponry and gadgets from the movies that are differently hard to master makes this the most versatile species to play as.

I highly recommend this game if you are into multiplayer :) The single player is good practice and it has interesting story elements that add to the universe of AVP but the characters are flat, boring and it's over very quickly.
  6. Sep 27, 2011
    I played the second AvP game and desparately want to get it into my library even though I only experienced the Alien campaign the whole way through and only about halfway through the Predator campaign. While with this new release of AvP, there is a very clear distinction of what is not here between the two games: Levels. If you knew what you was doing and knew how to do it precisely on the hardest difficulty, you could beat the new installment of AvP in so little time on the Alien campaign. What I really wished to see in the new installement was to go through the Alien life-cycle because that was so much fun to do. Locate the isolated host and then burst through his chest followed by having to sneak by the USCMC to feed in order to molt into your adult stage. That is what I missed in the new installment but it is minor in comparison to the levels that were missing that could've been included. Instead though, we get top grade graphics which visually impress me and gameplay that is very easy learn and tactics that must be utilized that are somewhat similar to Metal Gear Solid series, from MGS3 and up on consoles. I've only lightly brushed into multiplayer and I've found being the Aliens in multiplayer games not as bad as I've read it. Certainly there are not a lot of dark maps that are geared to give Aliens the advantage but you can at least destroy light sources that make it harder for enemy players to spot you which from what I read is what many of the players forget that the Aliens can do. The ability to "sneak" up behind an enemy, USCMC and Predator alike, and kill them with a stealth kill is empowering to the player performing the stealth kill and said player can quickly get away for another stealth kill provided the slayed player's buddy(ies) are not pay attention to what is happening. There should've been a "save your friend" mechanic in the multiplayer. What I mean by this is that if you noticed your friend about to be stealth/trophy killed you should be able to shoot the alien/predator down before the kill your friend to save your his life. Dedicated servers should also be set up to lower ping similar to what Valve does with their servers. Despite the flaws, I rate this game a 10/10. Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2011
    Being able to play as the alien has to be, by far, the best way to play this game. Playing as the space marine was kind of boring to me and the predator seemed either too easy or too difficult.
  8. Jun 30, 2011
    I actually created my metacritic account just to rate this game as I feel the score is unfairly low. Admittedly when I first picked it up I did not like it all that much either - it initially felt a bit old-school, the menus look old and the gameplay, even as a veteran gamer, was stressful to master. So it gathered dust for a while.

Now I have given it another go and suddenly it comes
    off as absolutely brilliant ! If u take the time to look the DX11 graphics are very-very beautiful, detailed and atmospheric. The sounds are authentic, very intense and create a stressful mood. The animation work on the aliens as they move along the ceilings and walls is superb and you feel very alone and frantic as they come from multiple angles.

Incredibly I cannot play the game more than a couple of hours at a time before needing a break for the sensory system. However, it is an experience to savour. Fans of AVP should not hesitate as quality-wise it is hands and feet above usual movie-tie ins. Just get through the first couple of missions and embrace the stress: From then onward it is a brilliant shooter brimming with atmosphere.

Vastly underrated.
  9. Jun 22, 2011
    Great visuals, fun gameplay, enjoyable storyline. This game has something for everybody, the marine campaign is like halo while the predator campaign is like chronicles of riddick games. As for the alien I cannot think of anything like it. I can spend hours playing through the campaigns and then jump into multiplayer with some friends for loads of fun. I cannot say how much this is worth purchasing especially with the low price it is now. (I would give it an 8 but some people were giving it a 0 when they said in the review it deserves a 4 so yeah) Expand
  10. May 5, 2011
    Firstly, AvP multiplayer is a blast. And yes, I'm talking about the Sega version from 2010. I've never played such an intense PvP game, and it's great from all classes. I figured it would be imbalanced, but all three races can play well, once you learn how to play. Marines are at a disadvantage in close range, but you need teammates. The main problem is that not many people play online now, which is a shame. The hosting system is a bit confusing, but tolerable. It's a consolized version, similar to Halo 3, which is strange on PC but I can accept it, given the quality of gameplay. Weapons are not handed out in large numbers, but the basics are there, and we really don't need 27 different versions of the same assault rifle like in some other games.
    Single-player is not bad, the story is interesting so far, and it's not a bad length. Most of all, I have to say the graphics are amazing, and everything runs smoothly. It's not a cheap console port or anything, everything seems very optimized and runs great in Dx10. The story may not be too long, but I think they wanted people in multiplayer too, instead of just the story. I feel the story compares to AvP 2. I also feel the game is very good, despite claims otherwise, and worth picking up. If you like FPS and intensity in your combat, where you really can die easily, look into it. It's averaging $20 which is a great price for the amount of game included.
  11. Apr 6, 2011
    The best AvP game ever, better than AvP 1, Gold, Avp 2 and Primal Hunt for. This is the first AvP game whit realistic combat system, the history line is superb, the multiplayer is solid and funny and the species as perffect recreated. The graphics at the same time are brutal whit DX11
  12. Jan 4, 2011
    Such a shame to see a game lose so many sales because of bad reviews, this is a fantastic title, great graphics and controls, as well as fabulous sound design! Great Job Rebellion!
  13. Jan 3, 2011
    To me this game was the greatest of the AVP series. I absolutely loved it! I like playing the 3 stories and the survivor mode. Plus online was very fun. Graphics are just amazing and game-play is great. I think this was one of the greatest games ever created for AVP. The only sad part was that there we're not many servers. I suggest this game!
  14. Dec 1, 2010
    Very great game! I bought it 2 days ago and I have to say that I have been really enjoying the gameplay. Predator and Alien campaing offer gore and gameplay no other game can offer. The fact that you can brutally kill every oponent with some incredibly sick ways is great. But its not all mindless gore and ripping heads apart, oh no, you stil have to build a strategi, for example on the Alien campaign you got to smash out lights so you can be unseed, and on predator you can lure enemies away from their party and take them out one by one. Overall this game has nice graphics either on DX9 or DX11, it does not really mater, the achievements are also nice to get and the singleplayer offers a great experience no other game has.
    Now to the Multiplayer! I have to say that the multiplayer is just not worth it, the aliens are very hard to control, and everyone is just looking to brutally kill everyone and another disadvantage this game has is that you are STUCK while you finish your oponnent that means you are vulnerable for every attack for about 3-4 seconds so watch out how and when you kill your enemy. You can also choose from 3 various races (Human, Alien, Predator) and various skins for every race just to enhance gameplay. Multiplayer is not great.
  15. Nov 21, 2010
    Great game, very enjoyable ripping a marines head out of his stomach with his spine still attached.
    Has a very nice single-player that has a good 6 hours if all campaigns are mixed together.
    Multi-player is a action packed, fun experience that will keep you going for hours and hours.
    Definitely a game rated 10 out of 10.
  16. Nov 17, 2010
    Great atmospheric graphics on PC. Runs on full graphics using laptop with i7 and HD 5730 1GB graphics (1366 x 768). Much of the atmosphere would be lost on minimum specs without all the additional graphics (check the requirements before purchase). Just passable graphics on xbox 360 and PS3 (in comparison to PC options - I have both consoles and borrowed the console versions of the game).

Best atmosphere and storyline found when playing the marine campaign. I found playing a little in my lunch break could be a little too intense for a 'break'. The motion sensor can cause you to search the shadows. This is further enhanced with the great sound effects that pay the movie franchises homage.

The additional campaign options of alien and predator set this game aside from most. Something they first achieved with the original two games (AvP and AvP2). The story lines are not as strong. However, learning the different characters and styles keeps you interested. The predator is most effective following a methodological attack and stealth approach and it is best to make use of the focus jump to take advantage, sneak around or get the out of a swarm of aliens or marine bullets. On the other hand, the alien takes a bit to get used to. The ability to crawl over walls and ceilings is fantastic but also tests your sense of direction and 'which way is up'. The aiming reticule works well to assist - use it. Not as fast as AvP but still fun to sneak up and claw a marine. Don't forget to search out and use the shadows.

This game has received several bad reviews. I say WHY? I agree - not being able to crouch is annoying. But why pick on a game for re-using maps when the story line overlaps. Most re-used maps are used in a different way and set an appropriate time line in relation to the other campaigns. I have also never experienced any bugs (apart from the aliens) - although I only recently got into it and allowed steam to keep it up to date (I may have missed them). In addition - I haven't checked out the multi-player yet - so no relative judgement. GREAT USE OF DIRECT X 11 - worth upgrading your graphics card - not too expensive to pick up a DX 11 card that would run this game now.

Overall - I enjoyed it. A great break from war shooters with great atmosphere and graphics. I look forward to the potential sequel and would love the idea of an expansion - using the same engine just extending the campaigns.

I had trouble deciding on a 9 or 10 rating. A little more work on the alien story line with some additional guidance on objectives would solve the occasional 'how the hell do you get there' frustration (not really a problem for the marine or predator - but then they don't crawl over walls or ceilings and duck through mazes of vents). Really worth a 9.5 for me :)
  17. Oct 31, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a very excellent game. Graphics great. Anyone who has a previous version, this one should not miss the collection. Individual campaigns are short while but it is certainly worth ,visiting hrní in ,:pe00ople.-_ Expand

1. A good campaign, the marine one, and some variety in gameplay mechanics provide a quite fun experience. Unfortunately some ideas lack polish and the other two-thirds of the single player are just not as good as they were supposed to be.
  2. Aliens Vs Predator is a standard First Person Shooter, but thanks to the Predator's and Xenomorph's campaigns, it entertains old and new players. Even the multiplayer mode is funny and well structured, but the graphics engine is not that good.
  3. The controls for Predators and Xenomorphs may be a bit tricky and the AI sometimes doesn't show any "Intelligence" at all, but nevertheless: AvP is a most-have for fans of the movies, as well as the games - especially if you're into absolute multiplayer-mayhem and dont mind "some" gore.