8.5

1. Mar 9, 2011
    You can play this game in 3 ways. Nr. 1 is that you can play every once in a while, just level up a bit every time, reaching level 40 after half a year. It's fun but it looks like you are just playing it as a flash game, while it could be much more. Nr. 2 is that you play it pretty much, you take a look at the perks (which are fairly big in variety) and after a while you seem to get aYou can play this game in 3 ways. Nr. 1 is that you can play every once in a while, just level up a bit every time, reaching level 40 after half a year. It's fun but it looks like you are just playing it as a flash game, while it could be much more. Nr. 2 is that you play it pretty much, you take a look at the perks (which are fairly big in variety) and after a while you seem to get a favourite plane, and with that you keep leveling and you get to your first prestige etc. Very competitive stuff is not your thing and you just enjoy certain modes, but this is a very fun game! Nr. 3 is when you are all into this game. You've checked every perk to the bone, you know what plane has the best tactics and you are prestige 10 (of course), you've played this game for 100's of hours and think it's a masterpiece.

I count myself to the second range. I enjoy playing this game very much. As of today I've put 62 hours into this game, and so far it has never bored me. I have periods where I play it, and after a while I stop again, and that's the charm of this game: You can play it when you got nothing better to do, and you fully enjoy it. I've got my favourite plane and mode (Ball + Loopy) and so I know what to choose to enjoy this game. People calling this game bad haven't gone much into it imo. It's as with every other "community" game, you must have been there for a while to make a decision. The servers work good, the maps are very fun and balanced and it's just a perfect indie game. Don't expect a BioWare product, but don't expect a oversized Flash game either since it's more than that. It has it's negatives and it's positives, and one of them is that you can make it as fun as you want yourself.
  2. Jul 24, 2011
    This game is really good. I´m not a real indie fan but this game kicks ass. Airplane soccer, FFA, Perks, Ranks, Dedicated Servers. Three words: I love it
  3. Feb 20, 2012
    Personally I give this game a 10 but since it is a review i will look at it differently. This isn't really a game that can be judged from 10-20 hours of game play. Some may think it has no depth and those are the people that judge from 10 hours of game play it takes 100 's of hours to begin to understand the depth and sheer perfected balance that the developers have achieved with thisPersonally I give this game a 10 but since it is a review i will look at it differently. This isn't really a game that can be judged from 10-20 hours of game play. Some may think it has no depth and those are the people that judge from 10 hours of game play it takes 100 's of hours to begin to understand the depth and sheer perfected balance that the developers have achieved with this game. Yes, it is a little on the childish side and yes it lacks graphical awe but in the end it is an indie game with an awesome community and great developers mixed with 100 's and 100 's of smooth bug free game play that really is addictive when given the chance. It also has a free unlimited DEMO how can you go wrong with that? Expand
  4. Sep 4, 2010
    This is a very fun, very intense game. The dogfights are intense, the modes are many and fun, and the community is amazing. This is one of my favorite games of all time.
  5. Sep 6, 2010
    This is hands down my favorite PC game ever! There are good and addicting game modes, like Team Base Destruction (my fav) where you must grab a bomb and fly it to the opposing team base and drop it on their base. Also Ball, which is like soccer but with planes! And of course Free-for-all/death-match modes. The real fun is the online-play of course, where you can level up and unlockThis is hands down my favorite PC game ever! There are good and addicting game modes, like Team Base Destruction (my fav) where you must grab a bomb and fly it to the opposing team base and drop it on their base. Also Ball, which is like soccer but with planes! And of course Free-for-all/death-match modes. The real fun is the online-play of course, where you can level up and unlock different planes and "perks" (weapons, armory, etc.). Try the demo for yourself and finish the training (they have easy, medium, hard and expert difficulties), and afterwards if you feel that this could be a decent game, then just buy it because as said before, online is where the fun is at. It gets millions of times better than the training. Expand
  6. Sep 10, 2010
    It's a real fun and addicting game, it worth to spend some time practising in order to be able to enjoy the great battles it offers! The leveling part drives you through the game and ease the learning process. A highly recommended game, must a try!
  7. Nov 19, 2010
    Oh my goodness this game is a joke! There is actually no point in it. It has the complexity and depth of Robot Unicorn Attack but without the addictive music.
    OK it's an indie game but check out the scene so many better games out there for example Madballs and Osmos!
    I don't feel rewarded by the game - levelling up, ah wow who came up with that new concept, it's just the same old stuff repackaged and that's not what indie is about it's all about the different games that come from people's imagination that are cool and new - not someone's remade version of something they saw on miniclip and thought they'd make some money off of.
    The demo is free - it wont cost you money but your time and a portion of your soul with wither when you play it - the choice is yours.
  8. Dec 3, 2010
    In a world where multiplayer shooter equates to brown fps games, Altitude is a deliteful breath of fresh air. The thrill and skill of flying is equally matched with the intensity of teamwork. Plane ball really shows of Altitude's aptitude at making a team experience intense and rewarding. There's been critisism towards its simplicity, but seriously; the battles are far from simple and it'sIn a world where multiplayer shooter equates to brown fps games, Altitude is a deliteful breath of fresh air. The thrill and skill of flying is equally matched with the intensity of teamwork. Plane ball really shows of Altitude's aptitude at making a team experience intense and rewarding. There's been critisism towards its simplicity, but seriously; the battles are far from simple and it's the teamplay that makes you a vital cog in a complex wheel. The community is light hearted and the games usually end with a round of 'gg's.

I game to have fun. This game is fun. This is my type of game.
  9. Jul 22, 2011
    This game won the Gamer's Choice and Technical Achievement Awards at the 2010 Indie Game Challenge. It was also in the PAX10 last year. I wonder how Robot Unicorn did????? This game is awesome and addictive. Plus the community support rocks!
  10. Oct 7, 2010
    I was bored of this after only a few hours. I admit I'm not much of a fan of simple games like this, though. It needs more depth. I'd be more interested if I saw more plane stats and could customize more.
  11. Jun 25, 2012
    This is one of the games that has a great community. I'm playing it for more than 2,5 years and one specific mode, which we like to call "Plane Football" takes all of our time every night. Still after all those years. It is so much fun to pass while anticipating where your team mates could run, while defending with the power-ups you collect here and there. Hard to portray with just words,This is one of the games that has a great community. I'm playing it for more than 2,5 years and one specific mode, which we like to call "Plane Football" takes all of our time every night. Still after all those years. It is so much fun to pass while anticipating where your team mates could run, while defending with the power-ups you collect here and there. Hard to portray with just words, you gotta see the masters in action.

It has multiple soccer-only servers, which you can find one or two full at all times, 24/7. Player base is still growing, no more fancy updates but developers still fixes bugs.
  12. Apr 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't understand how anybody may say that this game is poor or that it lacks depth! Such a nonsense!

Sure it's not for luxury-freaks, who want to get everything easy and quick... It's a hard work to learn to fly in Alti, but the reward is more than worth the effort.

It's one of cheapest games I've bought through years and definitely one of 3 best and most addictive games. And I am comparing it with titles like Mass Effect, Deus Ex and Battlefield!

So give it a try, I am sure it will very much surprise you! If you are not a lazy-fellow, who is bored by doing simply anything... ;)
  13. Apr 24, 2014
    One of the few games I'll ever give a 10. The planes are perfectly balanced and so are the modes. The game offers Bomb, Ball, FFA and TDM. Ball is essentially soccer/football and Bomb is essentially a destroy the base type of mode. The game is best played online and I wouldn't suggest it solo. Graphics are basic 2d sprites and gameplay is fairly simple to pick up but hard to master.One of the few games I'll ever give a 10. The planes are perfectly balanced and so are the modes. The game offers Bomb, Ball, FFA and TDM. Ball is essentially soccer/football and Bomb is essentially a destroy the base type of mode. The game is best played online and I wouldn't suggest it solo. Graphics are basic 2d sprites and gameplay is fairly simple to pick up but hard to master. The game's got nice variety with maps and planes. If there's one fault I can give the game is that its' pretty much best played online. I paid $15 for the game and have logged 560 hours. Expand
  14. Mar 14, 2012
    Altitude is very interesting multiplayer game. Surprisingly it will probably catch you and you will play for some time. Community is still there (tho not so high numbers any more) so there should be no problem finding the server with some population. So giving 8 for all the evenings i spent there and had real fun.
  15. Jul 12, 2012
    A whole load of fun in a small game! It was well worth the money and is great fun compared to some other repetitive games. I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a casual game that is fun and easy to play.
  16. Dec 17, 2012
    There's a lot of customization and unlockables to make your plane unique & build situational loadouts. However the biggest problem (and the reason I stopped playing) is the unlocks get more powerful as you level up so that higher leveled players can just stomp all over new players. Maybe if this were a PvE RPG setting that would be OK however this has been advertised as a 2D TF2 andThere's a lot of customization and unlockables to make your plane unique & build situational loadouts. However the biggest problem (and the reason I stopped playing) is the unlocks get more powerful as you level up so that higher leveled players can just stomp all over new players. Maybe if this were a PvE RPG setting that would be OK however this has been advertised as a 2D TF2 and results in "noobs only" servers and "big kid" servers that split the player base. If you have a group of friends to play with this could be great fun. On it's own it has little merit unless you want to grind through the kiddie pool in order to play the "real" game. Expand
  17. Jun 23, 2013
    Hands down the most dynamic, deep and addicting game I have ever played. This is a value at any price. The online multi-player ball mode is a mixture of soccer and call of duty.

1. There really isn't anything not to like about Altitude. [Aug 2010, p.101]
  2. Altitude's simple premise hides behind a deceptively difficult game, but one that's easily learned and enjoyable to engage in. Although there's plenty of content here, more might have been better, but what is here does last, just so long as it's taken in the right doses.
  3. Plainly the best plane-centric shooter on a 2D plane. Stick through the slow start and enjoy the view later on. [Jan 2010, p.94]