• Publisher: Demruth
  • Release Date: Jan 31, 2013
8.2

1. Nov 27, 2013
    This is Portal on drugs mixed with "I'm gonna mind f*c* you". You'd be stupid not to get this. Got it on Steam on sale and oh my god what a trip! Not your average game but don't let the plain graphics fool you, it actually made the game better this way. I'll be the first in line to buy the sequel.
    The negative review guys don't appreciate a gem like this game. Go back to call of duty you
    fools. To the guys that made this game, please make more like this. I have a few hundred Steam games and let me say this is top 10. I'm drooling for more like this. PLEASE make a sequel! My wallet is crying for you. Expand
  2. Feb 5, 2013
    Fun fun fun. What else could you want? Some people are complaining about it being too difficult, too nerdy, boring, whatever they are saying, but don't pay any attention to them. The puzzles are interesting, they feel good to solve, and if I didn't know any better I would say that this game is making me smarter. The music facilitates a kind of creepiness that I really enjoyed, plus you never shake that feeling that you never know what might pop up next at any moment around any corner, or just right behind you. I really enjoyed every second of it and hope that like Portal it gets expanded into a full fledged big budget game, because the creative minds behind this game really deserve a bigger audience. Expand
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    The first portion of the game where the player is unarmed is hands down the best portion of the entire game. You have nothing but your brain and legs to solve puzzles and there are some very clever world-warping puzzles for you to solve and navigate through. Some pretty good head-scratching stuff here which had me going in circles for a while before I figured things out. Sadly this doesn't last. You eventually start to pick up "guns" which let you manipulate blocks in different ways (depending on the "gun" you picked up) and this is when the game plummets from a high 9 score right down to a 6 or even lower. You go from the clever world-bending mazes to what are essentially point-and-click block puzzles. Some of these block puzzles make good use of the bendable world but the majority do not. The majority of these puzzles that I have seen are nothing more than a panel on the wall with sliding blocks in it or slots by doors for you to stick blocks into. While these are technically still puzzles they are neither fun nor clever. After the amazing first-section of the game I expected more from the later portions. TotalBiscuit's PAX interview with the developer had the dev saying that he wanted puzzles in which the puzzle was finding out what you needed to do rather than immediately seeing your goal and then the puzzle was actually completing it. Every single block puzzle I have seen so far has been the opposite of that. I can almost immediately see what I need to do but getting it done is very tedious, finicky, and just frustrating. Yeah I can complete the puzzle but there is no enjoyment or WOW-factor in doing so. I have free games on my Android phone which shares similar concepts to some of these block puzzles. I guess I expected something more from what is known as a very prestigious and award-winning title. The second point I would like to raise is that the game has a serious problem with not actually telling you key information. I understand the game wants to be the silent type and let you figure things out for yourself and I can kind of respect that many games have issues with holding your hand. This game, on the other hand, completely withholds information about mechanics which are absolutely mandatory to continuing further into the game. The end result is that figuring out the mechanics is more of a puzzle than the actual puzzles are. I'm supposed to use the tools I have at my disposal to solve the challenges ahead but half the time I don't even know what my tools even do. This doubles the frustration and halves the fun of what are already not very enjoyable puzzles. I honestly think that if they just stuck with the basic game as seen from the beginning it would truly be a much better game. Either that or maybe the basic non-upgraded block manipulator gun. The game goes from abstract mind-melting puzzles to slide-square-blocks-around and I feel it really harms the game. Shame, really. Expand
  4. Jul 10, 2013
    [AntiChamber Steam PC Score 10] Superb a 3D first person puzzler. For the gamer great fun and addictive. For the programmer an inspiration in the creation of different. Computer gaming is again coming to life with refreshing ideas, so simple and straightforward, a force generating euthymia in its player, the development of patience and pride in solving each challenge. Go get it now and be prepared to be wowed.

Released on Jan 1st, 2013 and played about 5 months later by me [DRM] Steam only and thank goodness there is no GamesForWindowsLive on this title.

[Story]
    You discover solutions to puzzles. There is no cute girl with a nice chest with the protagonist in voice over saying “She has such pretty eyes” while everybody stares at her nipples. There are no battles in the Breastriary in Nippopolis. There is no Cheesing. Just puzzles. However the next version of this game could easily involve scantily clad aliens and power ups.

[Challenges and Mechanics]
    Learn each new skill. Don’t look with your eyes because they lie. Feel the force Luke. Trial and error is likely to make up for brief intense stupidity, and thank dog !
    [Save] The game saves itself like every game should.
    [Keys] cannot be remapped because the game takes place in 24000 BC when dinosaurs ruled the earth. You can stick it up your WSAD !

[Game time] 30 hrs and counting. Go back and finish the stuff you did not get even though you beat the game !

[Audio] I always play with headphones. I thought the audio was great. They could make it even more important in the game play next time. Thank you!

[ToYou]
    My compliments to all of you who pursue and share this obsession to experience this modern digital art. There are many games that will not be playable in 15-20 years because of OS and hardware changes. The time is now to experience these achievements. Think about going to museums and looking at those Van gogh paintings already 150 years old today. Think about watching reruns of old TV programs anytime you want. This will not be possible for most games and digital art dependent on game engines so consume and enjoy now and appreciate the moment.

[Children] Good for 12 years old and up.... be warned that the puzzles can be challenging.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz ASUS Z68 ProGen3 8G RAM Radeon 6870 W7 PRO SP1 Samsung 275T @1920x1200 Logitech G15 Kensington ExpertMouse

[MyFavorites] [Win7] AntiChamber Stacking Metro2033 Rochard TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964

[PS: I do not know anybody who works in the game industry I just enjoy games
  5. Jun 16, 2013
    Senseless, storyless, narrativeless, nonsense. I want my money back. The puzzles are pulled out of a lama's a$$ and follow no rules. Good for those who are deaf, blind, and want to play a video game.
  6. Feb 2, 2013
    Very clever and absolute mindf**k of a game. Your head will be spinning as the laws of reality are broken time and time again as the world around you deceptively shifts and warps in the blink of an eye. This is one of the best puzzle titles you will ever play. Took me around 6 hours to complete (with 95% of all rooms solved pictures found) without a guide and I'm fairly adept at logic puzzles. If you enjoyed games like Portal, this game is your next stop. Expand
  7. Feb 2, 2013
    I had no idea what to expect from this game. Bought it just out of boredom. But then I finished in one go. It is very original and fun puzzle game.
    I loved how the difficulty was balanced. Many puzzles just did not have any specific rules. You just have to stumble upon the solution. But... the game slowly taught you all the needed skill. And I did find myself stuck only a few times and
    only for a short time. The game does not lead you by your hand. But still gives you enough hints (usually in a form of a easier version of a puzzle) so you know what to do or at least try. Expand
  8. Mar 10, 2013
    Great game, you may compare it to Portal, but it is a completely different experience. You never now where you are heading and where the current puzzle takes you. Great!
  9. Feb 4, 2013
    I was blown away. This is the first time since Portal I've been so engrossed in a puzzle game. If it were by a big-name publisher, it'd be the game of the year.
  10. Feb 10, 2013
    Antichamber is easily the best and most memorable 8-10 hours of gaming I've had in a very, very long time. Incredibly satisfying puzzles, crisp and stark visuals, and some truly innovative game mechanics. It's an abstract and challenging title that demands a bit of lateral thinking and patience, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone. However, if you're after a refreshing challenge, and you enjoyed the likes of Portal and Braid, then Antichamber is an absolute must buy. Fantastic to play a game that feels genuinely new! Expand
  11. Feb 1, 2013
    After playing Antichamber for:- 1 minute."what the frick is this crock of twaddle!" 2 minutes."I'm feeling disorientated and dizzy. groan." 3 minutes. "Goddam it I'm stuck. How the hell....." 4 minutes "Ahh! thats it I got it, but wait..what the hell is this... 1 hour. "HEY WORLD I've just been playing this most awesome puzzle game, its like this um..er ok you are in this room right and um its all freaky like you are in some wierd Escher drawing on acid and you gotta sorta navigate through um these corridor kinda things and and..OH MY GOOD LORD YOU GOTTA EXPERIENCE THIS Expand
  12. Feb 19, 2013
    A decent puzzle game for $15. Had the price remained that, the score would have easily been a 8/10. However, as it stands, this game is not worth $20. I know it's just $5 bucks, but the game is a bit too shallow and incomplete for that extra dough.

Anyway, onto the game. The graphics are unique and engrossing. It's an Unreal Engine 3 game that's been filtered to hell and back, and it
    comes out the other side looking like some kind of ink drawing. It's really kinda neat... but the game relies a lot on style. Sometimes the ambient noises and strange sound effects are pretty irritating. The puzzle mechanics can't help but feel wasted. Immediately, the non-Euclidean, illusory nature of the level design becomes apparent... but then the game devolves into puzzles based on a puzzle-gun, reminiscent of the portal gun from Portal. Instead of portals, however, the gun shoots blocks. Hardly an interesting concept, but the puzzles that utilize the gun are fairly interesting and sometimes quite tricky. However... some puzzles are irritating because at first glance, it seems there is no hint telling you about your need for extra equipment. That leads to puzzles seeming solvable when they are, in fact, not. That's poor game design, flat out. That led me to second guessing whether puzzles were solvable or not, which in turn led me in circles, easily doubling the amount of time it took to complete the game... and adding to my frustration.

On another note, the overall level design is impossible to really grasp. It's an incredible accomplishment on that front... the entire game is one level, and can be completely traversed seamlessly. That really means something special once you realize that there are dozens of puzzles crammed in there somewhere. Sometimes, turning around can put you in a completely different room... it really makes the player feel like they can't rely on a "room" or a "hallway" as an overall concept. The game does a good job of destroying your basic conceptions of geometry. I laughed a few times when the game tricked me into feeling secure about knowing where I was. I would walk into a room, see a sign on the wall, turn around, and... welp, I'm in a completely different room... and sometimes? I could turn around a third time and end up in yet ANOTHER room. This game can really surprise you.

Sometimes, I would feel like I was going to outsmart the game. The game rewarded me with Easter eggs, such as some behind the scenes stuff, concept art, and in one occasion, a map of a particularly confusing hallway-based puzzle. This kind of reminds me of Portal, but instead of fleshing out the world, it shows a little bit about the game itself... almost like a "Bonus Features" section of a DVD. This is a nice change from Portal. I am very happy that the creator of this game elected to ignore story and provide a game instead. I wasn't going to believe whatever nonsense he tried to feed me about this bizarre, yet wonderful location.

One final note about how good the playable space is designed:

It takes many hours to complete on your first play through, probably 5 or 6 on average. I completed a subsequent play through in eight minutes. This game is full of shortcuts, and big ones are often right in your face and you just don't seem them. It takes some talent to hide the obvious by putting it in plain sight.

So, in conclusion:

Cons-
    1. Too expensive for what it is.
    2. Game has minor incomplete elements.
    3. Puzzles are sometimes disappointing.
    4. Game design is sometimes poorly thought out.
    5. Relies too much on style... which is strange for a puzzle game.

Pros-
    1. The level design is just *that* special level of good, where you actually notice how good it is.
    2. Usage of Non-Euclidean space is very entertaining to navigate, and often exciting!
    3. Game is full of secrets and Easter eggs.
    4. The game doesn't even attempt to explain itself, which was a good choice. We didn't need another Portal 2.
    5. Again, the level design is amazing.
  13. Jul 13, 2013
    This is by far the most insightful experience that I have had through a video game ever. It's almost unreasonable to call Antichamber a game as it is more a thought experiment. Through constant nurturing and encouragement the game pushes the player to succeed at every turn, especially in the face of "impossible" challenges. The level design, liberal use of contrast in every respect, subtle audio cues, and minimal interface make this game one of the most unique experiences available in the history of video games.

Please do not compare this game to something like Portal which relies so heavily on the thematic or theatrical. Antichamber is in its own unique spectrum where puzzle games are concerned.
  14. Jan 20, 2014
    A game that is surely likely to mess up with your mind. Antichamber can easily boast with its unique art style and rather mind-bending environments. It presents itself as one enormous labyrinth full of various puzzles. However, the puzzles often require you to think outside the box and a lot of the time do not follow standard rules of physics. You could end up in a never-ending corridor, or you could turn around and realise a completely different way has opened up than the one you came from. Sometimes you’d end up walking in circles, other times confronted with branching paths.

The style of presentation in Antichamber is definitely commendable, but is it really fun? The mind-bending environments are interesting at first, but the novelty wears off very quickly and instead you start wishing that the game would just stop misleading you all the time. The game has a very non-linear approach to it. A lot of the time if you’re stuck, you can simply return back to the ‘lobby’ area and pick a different path and solve the puzzles along that route. Eventually all routes are meant to be important, or at least that’s what I’ve gathered anyway.

One of the problems about this approach is that as you go on through the labyrinth, you will acquire certain devices that will allow you to pick up and place cubes of different colours in your environment and are meant to be used to solve some of the game’s puzzles. This means that at times you’ll be coming across puzzles that you can’t yet solve until you’ve gotten the right device, which can at times be annoying because there’s no way to tell whether a puzzle in front of you can or cannot be solved at the time. A lot of the game’s ‘rules’ don’t seem to make much logical sense and require a lot of random experimentation. For example, walking over some of the drops will create a path in front of you, or trying to pick up green cubes from the middle of the structure they’re in will cause its ends to disintegrate, leaving you with less cubes to work with.

Throughout the game there is also a number of philosophical quotes scattered about. However, most of those quotes don’t inspire much thought and instead are a collection of common sense mantras that you’re more likely to teach your kids. It’s stuff like ‘sometimes you’ve got to go backwards before you can go forwards’. As you go collecting each quote, they all compile on a huge screen in the lobby area. To what end I am not sure, because I didn’t collect them all, but it seems as though it tries to draw a diagram of a person’s life and some of the time they seem relevant to the puzzle in a nearby room.

Overall the game’s setting is way too abstract for my liking. I couldn’t get much satisfaction from solving the game’s puzzles, because every time I solved a tricky puzzle, the game would either take me back to where I’ve been already, or bring me to one of the puzzles that I cannot yet solve. The sense of progression is not felt and there is little to no incentive to keep going through the remainder of the labyrinth. After several hours in I got tired of coming back to the same puzzles over and over again, so I ended up giving up on the game. I think Antichamber is the kind of game that you either get it or you don’t. It stands out with its unique art style and unorthodox way of puzzle solving, but it’s hardly rewarding for the player and I couldn’t get much fun out of it.
  15. Apr 7, 2013
    Antichamber constantly plays with your mind as it forces you to question what you think you know about the rules and think out of the box about the problems at hand. And as such Antichamber is another gem those who look for new interesting experiences in gaming should not miss. The solutions to the puzzles are often incredibly primitive, it really is the matter of noticing them in the first place. Only problem I had with the game is the fact that while some mechanisms are hardly/clearly shown at work before you are expected to utilise them (which can be frustrating, but is in line with the rest of the game I guess) there is one that wasn't shown at all afaik and I made my progress through it by accident. Then again, Even accidents can help you progress. Expand
  16. Mar 25, 2013
    I haven't had such an experience for a loooong, long time if ever. Antichamber bears some resemblance to Portal, but at the same time is different enough and in many aspects unique. Interestingly, the non-Euclidean geometry, which might come off as its central idea, before you play it, is in fact secondary to its main puzzle mechanic, which involves the manipulation of small cubes, and at first looks quite mundane, but soon reaches incredible depth.
    The sense of disorientation, caused by the spatial anomalies, the striking visuals and the ambient soundscape put you in extraordinary mood of mystery and curiosity I always wanted to progress a bit further and see what’s next. In short if you like puzzle games you owe it to yourself to try this out.
  17. Feb 3, 2013
    I have never played anything quite like this game. Antichamber is a game that wants to be a game and nothing else. Every moment throughout I felt immersed and involved. Absolutely fantastic!
  18. Jul 16, 2013
    For the first 3/4s of the game, my rating was a solid 9. I adore stylized graphics such as this (though really, for a game made mostly of lines, why is there no anti-alias option?) and there are many, many times that made me say "Wait... what?" I enjoyed those moments.

However, later on in the game you get a gun that allows you to control blocks. At this point the game no longer made me
    go "Wait... what?" in a good way, it made me say "WHY AREN'T YOU BLOCKS MOVING WHERE I TELL YOU TO?!", which isn't exactly what a good puzzle game should do. I enjoy a puzzle where the puzzle itself is hard, but once you see the solution it's easy to execute. But in Antichamber it's entirely the opposite-- easy to see solutions, but insanely hard to execute. I'm really not a fan of that kind of puzzle.

So while I will recommend Antichamber, I will also say that it swings a hard turn from "good frustrating" to "bad frustrating", and players need to be prepared.
  19. Feb 2, 2013
    The developer sure knows how to break any gamer out of their molding to learn a few things about themselves. This fantastic puzzle game is easily a 10/10 in my book, despite its many graphical glitches here and there. A game should be rated on its mechanics, aesthetics, and game play, all of which compliment each other perfectly. Well done!
  20. Feb 6, 2013
    Absolutely awesome. Blew my mind all over the place and made my brain hurt more than a game like Portal ever could. Have not beat it yet due to pure frustration, but a good kind of awe-inspiring frustration.
  21. Feb 10, 2013
  22. Jan 18, 2014
    If you like interactive puzzlers, don't miss this gem. Truly unique in all the right ways, I'd say rivals portal in overall quality of experience and gameplay.
  23. Apr 20, 2013
    A good example of how graphics do not make a game fun. Even without a story, this game challenged me in ways I hadn't imagined. Even Quantum Conundrum didn't drive me to finish like this game did. Fantastic level design, thoughtful sound effects and soundtrack, and clever dynamics that change and yet remain the same throughout the entire game. The only thing I didn't like about this game was trying to find what puzzle to do next. I can't wait to see what they do next! Expand
  24. Oct 14, 2013
    It's definitely the most original first person puzzle game yet, but as to whether it's an enjoyable experience... The Jury is out. Definitely gets points for effort though.
  25. Feb 3, 2013
    This is by far one of the most um diverse puzzle games I've experienced, it is clearly among my favorites of portal and world of goo. This game displays such diverse conditions its never possible to predict what your in for next, half way through a puzzle you might think you have the hang of it only for the game to introduce an entirely different way of manipulating and navigating your environment. And with each new possibility comes more possible outcomes or are they? In a preview totalbiscut talked to the developer of this game, it was kinda funny how he viewed the players, the first part is to break every conceived notion of FPS games and then teach you a concept that would be easy to understand had you not previously broken and reformed your brain. Um so yea its tricky Expand
  26. May 14, 2013
    I have to begin with admitting that I haven't actually finished Antichamber, but I don't really think it matters (unless there's some earth-shattering finale I've missed). I took a few days off from playing it, and when I returned, I just felt like I'd lost the thread a bit and I couldn't get back into it. I might pick it up again one day, but I've been distracted by Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for now.
    I was quite wary of playing another 'Portal-style' first-person puzzle game, as I'd been disappointed by some other FPP I'd played (I forget which), but the look of Antichamber, it's glowing reviews, and a half-price offer on Steam persuaded me to give it a try. And I have to say it's completely unlike any other game I've played, and any comparisons to Portal fade away in seconds. The simplicity of the controls lull you into a false sense of security, because things are certainly not what they seem.
    I'm not sure how to describe the kinds of puzzles you encounter, because figuring them out feels like you're somehow allowing your conscience mind to take back seat and allowing cognitive instincts and your subconscious to take over. I know that sounds a bit wanky, but I honestly can't think of any other way of explaining the way the puzzles are presented to you and how you have to approach them. Yes, they take place in a physical environment, but nothing, absolutely nothing is explained to you. It's all one, rather-steep, ambiguous, learning curve. No hints, no companion to guide you, no story to indicate what your ultimate goal is. All you get is a set of black plaques containing proverbs which relate to the puzzle you've just solved.
    Echoing the principles of quantum mechanics, the way you perceive the puzzles in Antichamber can alter how they behave. A large part of the initial approach to the game is simple trial and error, but once you pick up the basic principles you start to alter your approach accordingly. It's only when you get your hands on a device that allows you to manipulate small cubes (it doesn't sound very exciting, does it?) that you start to feel like you're playing a proper game, rather than a set of random puzzles.
    It's a good job the all-white environment and the background ambient music is very soothing, because some of the puzzles would probably have you throwing your mouse at the screen in frustration. But despite feeling like just giving up sometimes, I never once felt angry or frustrated at the puzzles. I'm a firm believer that any puzzles in a game should contain just enough clues to allow you to solve them, and the biggest part of solving the puzzles is finding the clues, or recognising what IS a clue. I remember a couple of times in the old Tomb Raider games I'd spend hours running around in circles because the clue to the next step of the game was either far too discreet, relied on you stumbling across something by accident, or utterly non-existent. I also feel that games, even puzzle games, have become far too spoon-fed in recent years, and it's refreshing to play a game that contains no cut-scenes, no tutorials, and even very few configuration settings. You switch the game on, and you play. It's a principle that I wish was applied to all games, not just puzzlers. Allowing the player to learn as they play has become a forgotten art, and constant reminders about what buttons you need to press to perform an action have become a seemingly ubiquitous annoyance. I digress.
    Although I described a trial and error approach to the puzzles, it never feels like you're running around in circles. If you've missed a clue, you just have to take a moment and reevaluate your surroundings and adjust your approach. The multiple patch approach also offers the chance to try something different and return to a particularly troubling puzzle at a later point. Many puzzles actually require you to return to them later in the game, you just have to learn which are which!
    A excellent game, and a beacon to all developers who should have the balls to try something different. I'll go and finish it once I beat Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, I promise.
  27. Feb 2, 2013
    This game is just a revolutionary and unique as Portal was upon its release, and maybe even a little more so. I finished this game in jiffy because I just couldn't put it down. The environments are astounding, the music is mesmerizing, and the puzzles are just the right amount of difficulty to challenge you, but not leave you in the dark. One of my favorite games ever, and that's hard to accomplish. Expand
  28. Nov 15, 2013
    This game to be quite pleasant puzzle. Some puzzles quite challenging, other require almost no thinking at all. I haven't finished it yet, but doubt my review will change after i done with it. If you see this game on sale buy it, if you willing pay full price better for you, you can start playing right now!
  29. Feb 2, 2013
    Stark and simple, but immeasurably exciting. Each step forward is an adventure as reality seems to bend and fold around you, and you're left wondering, moment to moment, what the game is going to pull out of its hat next. But unlike many games that might give you a few 'oohs' and 'ahhs' before wearing thin, Antichamber forces you to examine your surroundings and use what it gives you to solve expertly crafted puzzles. There is no real reward except a new way forward and the distant promise of an ending, but that was plenty for me. A shockingly unique game in today's colour by the numbers market, Antichamber is everything that makes art games good. Expand
  30. Jun 30, 2014
    The game is ok. There are some very clever ideas followed by some terribly confusing ones. That's fine in the beginning, but later on navigating locations becomes absolute chore. Memorizing the map is pretty much impossible, so whenever you're using the map to teleport, you spend very long time hovering over rooms, to see which room is where. I guess that's the part of the challenge, and definitely good thing for speedrunners. But for me it was too much. Sound design is really cool. But the minimalistic art style becomes very tedious after a while. I don't know why is that exactly, I think later on there is much more detail in rooms, and I was getting bit dizzy. Overall, the experience get's really tiresome with time. But it is a very unique game, and it's definitely worth experiencing. Expand
  31. Apr 27, 2013
    First things first: Antichamber is a must-play title if you're into puzzle game. You'll find yourselves trapped in this really deceptive maze where nothing it's what it seems, without a tutorial or anything similar to it. There's not even a game menu, everything is handled from the first room, audio and graphic options included. I know it may sound weird but works perfectly fine.

You'll
    mostly walk long white corridors leading to locked doors, when you're lucky, or room with apparently no exit, when you're not. Many times I had the feeling of being in a museum of installation art rather than a video-ame.

Soon you'll get the weird feeling of being tested, just like happened in the Portal saga. But the similarities end here. The most notable difference between the two titles is that Antichamber completely lacks a storyline. That's probably the reason why I never felt being sucked into the game. However, this is not necessarily a negative aspect. We're talking about a title that, in my opinion, should be taken in small doses, it needs to sediment before you can go on with it.

If you won't stop for a while focusing on details you'll end up wandering around without a destination, which might be frustrating for some players. So now we get to my only real criticism. Your best friend in order to complete the game will be the map, that's where you'll get the only clues to get past the challenges you'll be faced with. The funny thing is that I realised only by the end of the game how it "worked".

To conclude, a tip for the players willing to give this really unusual game a chance: think out of the box!

1. Jun 10, 2013
    If you’re looking for the most extreme, bizarre, intelligent and wacky puzzle game, look no further. [April 2013]
  2. Apr 5, 2013
    I just finished Antichamber. I feel satisfaction I haven’t experienced after completing any game in many years and for the first time in ages I learned something about myself while playing. It’s hard for me to expect anything more from a game. [CD-Action 04/2013, p.82]
  3. Apr 1, 2013
    Antichamber is an intriguing little experiment. It is both a humble imitation and an attempt to avoid all the trappings and clichés of the genre. Alas, it fails to excite. Unlike Echochrome and Braid, where we bending realities to our will, in this game its creators simply tease us whenever they feel like it.