6.3

1. Oct 23, 2013
    Pretty expensive for a 5 stage game, offers little to do and has some clumsy mechanics as the whole grenade system. Not much reason to replay it in a different difficulty, waste of time and money.
  2. Aug 11, 2013
    Complete garbage: too buggy to play. Avoid this shovel ware refuse.

Complete garbage: too buggy to play. Avoid this shovel ware refuse.

Identifies the 360 controller incorrectly, all my buttons were backward and the second thumb stick didn't even work. Tried installing various versions of XNA, some of which totally crashed ARES. The game then started having stuttering issues. This is certainly software bugs as my system is greatly more powerful than required (i7 950; 6GB ddr3 1600; Radeon 6850).
  3. Dec 13, 2012
    Simple Megaman clone with Dreamcast graphics. Everything is pretty average except the length. With only 5 stages there isn't much variety but the replay value comes from trying to get max rating on each map. It's decent but nothing really memorable.
  4. Aug 15, 2011
    Extremely boring and anti-climatic. Has been ported from consoles to PC which result on a confusing UI for those playing only PC games.
    Expended one hour with it and I feel like I wasted my time.

1. Apr 21, 2011
    With its rockin' techno beats, ARES takes me back to the days of the classic NES Mega Man games. [June 2011, p.77]
  2. Mar 31, 2011
    Solid gameplay marred by clunky controls and an almost painfully generic story. [Apr 2011, p.68]
  3. Mar 29, 2011
    A surprisingly well-made platformer, albeit simple and extremely short.