- Summary: Tensions rise as NATO peacekeeping forces begin to leave The Republic of Altis: a strategic fault-line between crumbling European influence and a powerful, resurgent East. But when a key radar facility drops off the grid, a Mediterranean flashpoint risks escalating into global conflict.
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Arma 3 - Community Guide: SITREP I
Autoplay On Off
Pelit (Finland)Oct 5, 2013Arma 3 is an improvement over the previous ones, but the game still suffers from clunky interface and lackluster AI. For an Arma fan like myself, though, it is the best Arma so far. [Oct 2013]
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Oct 24, 2013Modernized, polished and friendlier, selling its strong points while remaining basically the same. The lack of a radical difference is not really a problem. [Issue#234]
Sep 12, 2013Arma 3 makes big steps forward with a huge world and more vehicles and weapons. This time around its trump card is Steam workshop integration though, making downloading mods effortless. A smart move by Bohemia Interactive because it are those mods that will give Arma 3 its long lifespan. Unfortunately Arma 3 is quite inaccessible and doesn't seem to grow along with modern game design on certain fronts. Space time and perseverance are your best friends here, until Bohemia's support starts paying off.
Jan 19, 2016Best. Game. Ever.
I'm so addicted that I stay up till 4am a few nights a week just to get my fill and then wake up at 8am to go to work.Best. Game. Ever.
I'm so addicted that I stay up till 4am a few nights a week just to get my fill and then wake up at 8am to go to work. Probably not too healthy but like George Carlin said, "find what you love and let it kill you". Well, this is it for me. Looking forward to Apex, baby!… Expand
Sep 14, 2013I don't see why there are so many haters for this game. Yes, the multiplayer is badly optimized, but the rest of the game is glorious, theI don't see why there are so many haters for this game. Yes, the multiplayer is badly optimized, but the rest of the game is glorious, the graphics, the gameplay mechanics (wich improved a lot since ArmA 2) and the physics etc. It's all just an improvement from ArmA 2, the only thing I don't like is that it's set in the future, but that doesn't matter too much.… Expand
Sep 12, 2013Compare to the other games, with the right players it can achieve more, we don't need call of duty fans
to play this game and say, "Omg thisCompare to the other games, with the right players it can achieve more, we don't need call of duty fans
to play this game and say, "Omg this game sux ballz, i cnt run faster, i cant shoot anything omg"
so, if you hate a Real and intense game play don't buy this game, it need communication and team work,
which simply no kid in cod has ever done before… Expand
Nov 10, 2013The game less realistic. Very unrealistic. With such TEMPO it will turn into a battlefield. The game offers a 10 FPS and I do not understandThe game less realistic. Very unrealistic. With such TEMPO it will turn into a battlefield. The game offers a 10 FPS and I do not understand why. In singlplayer FPS great.
P.S. I want to broken bones in the game. Where have they gone?… Expand
Sep 18, 2013Having alot of experience with the Arma series since it was called Operation Flashpoint and made by Codemasters, what follows is my superHaving alot of experience with the Arma series since it was called Operation Flashpoint and made by Codemasters, what follows is my super condensed review:
Improved player movement
Physx engine including ragdolls
Improved vehicle handling
Improved sound effects (Good, but not epic. Definitely better than previous installments)
Nice break away from standard US vs Russia factions
New map of Altis, an improvement over Chernarus (Many areas are flat but the cities/towns feel much more handcrafted and real compared to chernarus which felt like you were traveling in 1970's soviet russia)
Limited and random fake vehicles (Only jet fighter is a modified training jet)
Continuous performance issues from previous arma
Outdated file system
Editor has no improvements; anything complex or interesting requires much custom scripting which means hours of sifting through forums trying to find the right code
Texture/model pop-ins everywhere at all times just like all previous armas
No single player campaign really is not a big deal. No one really plays arma for the single player. It's all about the m-play.… Expand
Nov 3, 2013WARNING: HONEST REVIEW
Arma 3 is one of the biggest titles in 2013 offering large play areas and realistic gameplay on a massive scale.WARNING: HONEST REVIEW
Arma 3 is one of the biggest titles in 2013 offering large play areas and realistic gameplay on a massive scale. Unfortunately, there are so many issues with this game right now it is almost impossible to give it a better rating than 4/10. While this game is indeed a large step forward in the Arma series, it is also a large piece of disappointment. Let me skip straight to the point.
- Large scale, large play area
- Great graphics (with the exception of some smoke/fire effects)
- Greatly improved radio chatter over it's predecessor
- AI behaves slightly better than in it's predecessor
- Greatly improved campaign (over it's predecessor)
- Realistic engagement distances
- Some weapon customization
- UI improvements
- Great editor (as usual with Arma games)
- Large scale (wait, what? see below)
- Terrible performance the game engine does not feel right for this kind of game Arma 3 promises large scale war however the game engine cannot handle anything near large scale, a simple scenario of a firefight between 10 squads of infantry (5 squads each side) in a town results in less than 24-32 FPS on a i7-4770/GTX Titan system (perhaps we will be able to run this game properly in 10 years, I believe Vertical Sync option was implemented just to troll people because nobody can run it)
- Lack of content compared to it's predecessor
- No campaign on release
- Similar engine issues as with previous Arma games (bad collisions, AI can walk through walls, AI cannot drive vehicles properly and so on)
- The environment is rather boring, houses have no furniture (I realize furniture can be added via the editor however there is even no module/script that will auto populate houses with furniture and adding it manually is PITA)
It feels as if this game has great potential however at it's current state it is barely playable. Do not expect much from this game. Being an Arma player I still do enjoy this game however I am quite disappointed.
NOTE: I have tried improving the game's performance by doodling with the graphics drivers and settings however no matter what settings I put, this game will still perform very poorly.… Expand
Jan 6, 2016Most bugged game i played ever, even bugfield is far from this game.
This game call itself full game, but there is no difference from earlyMost bugged game i played ever, even bugfield is far from this game.
This game call itself full game, but there is no difference from early access alpha old 5 years and still no progress.
Every second 10 buggs literally, you can be seen thought wall, or you get stucked every second like in counter strike zombies.
I played one hour battle royale and than i died, because i went to prone for cover behind wall and i lied in air so i died to bug after one hour trying.
This game is so annoying to play, it is more annoying than fun to play.
Stfu, worst game ever bugggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddd aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.… Expand