Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PC

8.2

1. Jul 11, 2011
    Assassin's Creed 2 is one of my favourite games of all time... however Brotherhood left me a little bored. It was a valiant effort to improve on the last one, but I thought they focused too much on adding new activities and not enough on the story. I lost track of the story by spending the large amounts of time required for shop quests etc and getting assassins together and sending them onAssassin's Creed 2 is one of my favourite games of all time... however Brotherhood left me a little bored. It was a valiant effort to improve on the last one, but I thought they focused too much on adding new activities and not enough on the story. I lost track of the story by spending the large amounts of time required for shop quests etc and getting assassins together and sending them on missions. I also felt more of a sense of urgency in AC2 with the Templars always present etc, but Brotherhood didn't have this feeling at all. The story in AC2 was quite linear, but with this game, I think they've made it a little more like Grand Theft Auto by focusing on extra activities. I like this in GTA4...but for some reason in this game I would've preferred a more linear story line...it lost the immersive feeling that AC2 had.... not a bad game at all, but I was a little disappointed and it didn't live up to the previous one. Expand
  2. Jul 7, 2011
    AC:B is almost a great game. Graphics are great, soundwork and voiceovers are as good as always for the series, the fighting has been improved and you can really use heavy weapons now, etc. I would love it except for one thing that ruins everything: the controls. Granted, this problem has been there in all AC-games, but with all the new moves and abilities in Brotherhood, as well as theAC:B is almost a great game. Graphics are great, soundwork and voiceovers are as good as always for the series, the fighting has been improved and you can really use heavy weapons now, etc. I would love it except for one thing that ruins everything: the controls. Granted, this problem has been there in all AC-games, but with all the new moves and abilities in Brotherhood, as well as the stricter requirements on most missions, it is many times more glaring than it was before. Most of the time Ezio does the exact oppsite of what you feel you are telling him to, and with the mouse and keyboard, which I prefer, there is a huge problem with the camera being locked when you are jumping, preventing you from getting the direction right for the next jump, as well as idiotic button configuration. Who decided to make the buttons for grabbing and letting go of walls the same? And who thought it was a good idea to press E to activate tunnels for purchase, but Shift to activate them for use?

I'm not exaggerating if I tell you that 9 out of 10 times I get hit or fail a mission, it's because of some bug or control issue. Let me give you an example:

I'm playing a mission where I have to kill a group of guards without being noticed. I decide to climb onto a pillar and drop down on them, killing them with the dual hidden blade. For some reason Ezio decides to only hit one of them, because of a tiny fault in my aiming, which is impossible to see, and the other guy immediately sees me. Mission failed, start over.
    This time I try to shoot a lone guard. For some reason the camera suddenly changes to view behind Ezio, the shot fires in the wrong direction even though the guard was highlighted, and the noise alerts him. Mission failed, start over.
    This time I try to walk up behind two guards and stab them. Again Ezio decides to kill only one, despite being exactly in the middle of them, and again I am spotted. Mission failed, start over.
    This time I try to shoot a guard with the crossbow, then duck behind a wall for cover. The other guards only start turning around once I'm safely behind the wall, yet they see me straight through it anyway. Mission failed, start over.

And this happens over and over and over again in every single mission. This game COULD have been great. Instead it's an exercise in angry hair removal.
  3. Mar 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game was far too short in comparison to AC2. Only 9 sequences in total. I know from reading elsewhere there is alot that goes on between the last two sequences that was left out. :( Gameplay was good, but in order to get 100 synch you had to complete objectives with specific circumstances, which ultimately took a bit away from the game. Music composition was good as always. Kudos to Jesper Kyd. Side missions were very very repetitive (Towers). A bit sad that this maybe the last we play as Ezio as the main character and to leave it on such a note is... dissapointing. Hopefully AC3 we can play as him more. Who the hell does he conceive a child with? I mean he's pretty old according to the timeline at the end of ACB! Expand
  4. Apr 10, 2011
    Superb Multiplayer, buggy Singleplayer (especially when using WASD controls), a horrendously cheesy script and poor characters. Doesn't advance the series in much other than storyline, so if you're a fan of the previous games it's worth playing. If not, checking it out for the impressive Multiplayer doesn't warrant the pricetag.
  5. Dax
    Mar 23, 2011
    The AC series are great. This one is the worst in the series yet. The story isn't as compelling as I hoped it would be. In comparison: It took me 5 days to complete AC2 and 2 days to complete AC Brotherhood.
    The story needs to improve because it just did not get me. Nevertheless great gameplay, but nothing new.
  6. Jun 11, 2011
    I really liked AC1 and I liked the rest too but there's really 2 big problems with the series 1. is the gameplay sure it made you feel like a total badass killing 50 guys is absolutely no problem but where is the challenge if you tried to kill 50 or 15 people IRL it's more difficult certainly more difficult than AC:B. I don't know about you kids but I want to think while I play I don'tI really liked AC1 and I liked the rest too but there's really 2 big problems with the series 1. is the gameplay sure it made you feel like a total badass killing 50 guys is absolutely no problem but where is the challenge if you tried to kill 50 or 15 people IRL it's more difficult certainly more difficult than AC:B. I don't know about you kids but I want to think while I play I don't just want instant gratification when I press a button and this is what this game promotes. The level design could also use some work you should think about your method of approach so there should be minimal scaffolding and all that or at least they should be disguised. 2. The story was interesting in AC1 now the series has made it generic by putting a saving the world plot with a bit of wtfery added in. All in all AC series is a casual game for casual gamers and well I'd recommend it for anyone who doesn't want to use their cerebellum when they're playing their video games but I'd rather not encourage that so I'm giving this a low rating. Expand
  7. Mar 11, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is an improvement in many ways on the second game there is a lot more free-running, the levels are better suited for Ezio's skills, there are a lot more interesting environments to play in...

And yet. And yet there's something missing. This game suffers from a few issues. While they don't break the experience, they do lessen it. 1) The characters

And yet. And yet there's something missing.

1) The characters suck. You feel very little to no connection to the characters in the game. You just don't really care about them. Yes, they were in ACII, but there's just... nothing really there that grips you.

2) The main story campaign is quite short. Like, shockingly so. The sidequests are good and add to the length of the game...

3) But the collectables still suck. There are ten feathers, 101 borgia flags, a gross number of treasure chests.. and quite frankly its all pointless. Well, the treasure chests aren't completely useless, though many of them are, but the rest of them are there for the sake of being there, and just don't add anything to the game. Running around collecting them is dull, and while platforming is fun, the problem is that most of them are not actually difficult to get to in the first place they're just difficult to find without the treasure maps. And some of them are all about running for a minute in a direction, then running in a minute in the OTHER direction, which just sucks.

4) The whole "city management" and "assassin management" thing is pointless. Not only do you end up with gargantuan piles of money, but running around restoring the stores is a time waster, as is sending your assassin recruits on missions. They're very empty experiences.

5) Combat. The combat in this game is just terrible. There's very little variety in enemies, but it doesn't matter because you can kill almost all enemies by calling in your assassin recruits the only time you CAN'T is when you arbitrarily are denied them. Worse still, you are ridiculously powerful your ranged attacks one shot them, your surprise attacks one shot them, your smoke bombs let you murder crowds out of hand... the combat in this game is really trivial and mostly a waste of time, because it isn't actually fun. Assassinating people is the funnest part, and most of that is about stealth, which is fun, and the stealth kills, which can be alright but often become stupid because you can just use a crossbow or throwing knife or poison to off them from a distance.

6) The ending is bad. After about halfway through act 8, the game becomes pretty much entirely about combat. For three levels, you gain a totally overpowered item which just says "Press X to win" and essentially cannot die (but likewise cannot use anything BUT said item), and then the final level is all combat without the fun of assassination or stealth. As combat is the worst part of the game, understandably this leaves a sour taste in the player's mouth.

7) The game tries too hard to be enigmatic. I understand that they're trying to seem mysterious, but they mostly succeed in just making everything feel like a let down.

8) The story in renaissance Italy is just boring. I don't care about the characters and it feels like a disconnected strung-together chain of events.

9) Sometimes, the platforming feels a little too choreographed, which becomes especially obvious at certain points in the game, where it feels like I'm just being lead by the nose by level design without any real interesting input on my part.

All in all, the game is decent, but not amazing.
  8. May 14, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood decided that the series needs more fetching quests. They introduced shop quests where you hunt for hard to find items in exchange for better equipment. Problem is that once you got the items you need for that kick ass bastard sword you were far up enough in the game to buy much better one from the shop.
    Few welcome breaths of fresh air was the fact that you
    Few welcome breaths of fresh air was the fact that you actually were in command of an assassin's guild and you could call your minions to help you by snapping your fingers. You best not help them fighting though, because if that friend of yours happens to jump in front of your bullet, they die. The developers tried to make you have some kind of affection to the recruits by giving them names and different faces. You also had to watch through their recruitment ceremony (unskippable of course). After having watched 3 of these recruitment ceremonies you went to grab a drink while the same cut scene is being shown.
    Single player was okay, but wasn't as good as Assassin's creed 2's long campaign that spanned through many cities. What issues I have with it is mostly nitpicking, but what I really bought the game for was the multip layer, however the matchmaking in PC is just awful.

Usually you spend more time finding people to play with than to play the game. You cannot grab a server and join in. You have to be inserted in a group and server by the computer. During the progress computer voice keeps telling over and over again you how it's searching for more players. Can I have my server browser now computer, now that you find how this console port automated match making doesn't work?
    Slowly by raising the search area from your street to your home town you might find 8 players to play with. Then wait for a server to open beings... Once you get a server two people have ragequitted from the lobby.

If you are lucky you get to play the real game for few minutes and your quarry is jumping on a roof somewhere instead of blending into the groups and trying to act natural. It gets better once you get the hidden gun and throwing knives... When the groups are good the game is playable, but do not bother with the less popular game modes, there are never enough people to play with, unless you have half an hour to waste to actually play the game for 10 minutes.
  9. Jun 5, 2011
    A console port done right. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood looks, runs, and plays just as well on PC as it does on Xbox with a few very minor exceptions. As for the gameplay it has all you can expect from an AC game. Rome, where the majority of the game takes place, is huge and filled with an ever growing number of things to do. Missions abound in this game and you'll get hours and hours ofA console port done right. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood looks, runs, and plays just as well on PC as it does on Xbox with a few very minor exceptions. As for the gameplay it has all you can expect from an AC game. Rome, where the majority of the game takes place, is huge and filled with an ever growing number of things to do. Missions abound in this game and you'll get hours and hours of play out of it. If you like AC2 you'll definitely like this game. Expand
  10. May 6, 2011
    A beautiful looking game, but I feel very restricted as to what I can do- if I don't follow the set-course I become "discombobulated" very quickly. Climbing, jumping and so on seem a bit too easy. I would rather a bit more skill instead of key-punching. I wish could accidentally fall and get injured or even die- but this doesn't seem possible. In single player mode at least the game seemsA beautiful looking game, but I feel very restricted as to what I can do- if I don't follow the set-course I become "discombobulated" very quickly. Climbing, jumping and so on seem a bit too easy. I would rather a bit more skill instead of key-punching. I wish could accidentally fall and get injured or even die- but this doesn't seem possible. In single player mode at least the game seems to "scripted" Expand
  11. Jun 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 7
    es un gran juego y ofrece muchas cosas para hacer ademas de la historia principal, talves no logra mantener un guion fuerte como el segundo juego de la serie pero es importante para completar la historia de ezio. a partir de ahora la serie de seguro tomara otro rumo, habra que esperar para ver cual es
  12. May 17, 2011
    This is a very very hard game to review, this being down to the fact that i am a huge fan of the last two Assassin's Creed games. In all honesty I felt a little let down by 'Brotherhood' as I built up this crazy idea that the multiplayer would be something incredible, which it wasn't. Instead it ended up being very repetitive after a couple matches and was rather easy as well, as maps areThis is a very very hard game to review, this being down to the fact that i am a huge fan of the last two Assassin's Creed games. In all honesty I felt a little let down by 'Brotherhood' as I built up this crazy idea that the multiplayer would be something incredible, which it wasn't. Instead it ended up being very repetitive after a couple matches and was rather easy as well, as maps are quite small, giving your enemy nowhere to hide. On the other hand, the single player doesn't fail to impress, once again another fantastic storyline from Ubisoft and following the small taste of the modern age at the end of the last Assassin's Creed, we get to play more as Desmond and use the skills he's learnt by watching his ancestor Ezio. The one downfall to 'Brotherhood' is that the free running over vast scenery had to live up to the last sequels beautiful Venice, but fails to do so. 'Brotherhood's' map soon becomes boring and you will find yourself putting the game down before you complete it, unlike the other two. With all this being said I am rating Assassin's Creed Brotherhood with a 7 because it is a decent enough game to buy and play, but just make sure you don't pay full price for it as you may be disappointed. Expand
  13. May 19, 2011
    Not a bad game at all! Feels more like a big arsed expansion, I do hope they do some more of niles' story. The cities are just awesome looking, love going from rooftop to rooftop. Nice and fun like the other AC's

Good solid effort, 7.5 / 10 ;)
  14. May 30, 2011
    When I first started playing this game. I found it absolutely wonderful. The horrible combat system had been modified (I loved the hell out of the unending kill animations) to make it 10 times better. The melee system was worth something now (sorry, but the final fight in AC2 wasn't worth much, hardly an epic final fight), and they threw a whole lot of new weapons into the game that madeWhen I first started playing this game. I found it absolutely wonderful. The horrible combat system had been modified (I loved the hell out of the unending kill animations) to make it 10 times better. The melee system was worth something now (sorry, but the final fight in AC2 wasn't worth much, hardly an epic final fight), and they threw a whole lot of new weapons into the game that made it quite a decent change from AC2. The Assassin recruits were a very nice addition, though at times it didn't feel much worth it. That being said, there are a few other things about this I didn't like.

Obviously the amount of time it takes to beat the main storyline isn't all too great when compared to AC2. The side quests did feel a bit repetitive at times, but it could have been easily overlooked. The assassin recruits got a bit annoying at times, and a lot of the time you would hardly use them. Of course, I did like some things about the game aside from what's already been said.

The customization options were nice, freerunning was slightly tweaked for the better, being able to carry around heavy weapons was fun for a while, the kill animations felt more satisfying, and killing a whole bunch of guards was no longer a chore. Hell, it felt like Ezio could slay an army at times in the game.

The only major complaint I have about this game is the machines Ezio has access to at times. For example, the bomber sequence was quite honestly annoying, and I found myself playing it multiple times just to beat it. I question the wisdom of whoever put Leonardo's Machine Gun into the game, because it honestly felt too much like a FPS, and the cannons were essentially useless. I could have liked this things, but they are (for the most part) only used in one or two sequences! Great, I had to learn the controls to flying the bomber, but I'll never use it again? Ugh.

All in all, I do like this game. It's worth the buy, but definitely get it for a console, unless you're willing to put up with a few bugs. For me, this kinda feels like the comparison of Fallout 3 to New Vegas when comparing it to AC2. New Vegas tweaked a few things missing or damaged from the first game, but it left some things behind, and forgot to fix some of the bugs in the meantime. The same goes for this game. It fixed the bad melee system of AC2, modified the combat system to make it less tedious, and let you use heavy weapons or long weapons for more than one fight or two. It's good enough to play, just try to ignore the one or two faults and you'll love this game.
  15. Jun 8, 2011
    While the game is certainly MUCH better than its HORRIBLE predecessor, it still doesn't come out on top.The combat is very choppy abd very annoying when little tweaks plague you.The assassinations require you to not be seen, and some have a time limit.EVERY assassination goes like this, besides the final one(No further details will be given).A good game, but not that great.
  16. Aug 29, 2011
    This has been my first game of the Assassin's Creed series that I bought, and have both come to enjoy and hate some of the aspects of it. First of all, I'd just like to say that I bought the game for the multiplayer aspect, didn't get any further than 40 minutes into the singleplayer and havn't continued from there yet. The multiplayer was alot of fun at the beginning, but it quicklyThis has been my first game of the Assassin's Creed series that I bought, and have both come to enjoy and hate some of the aspects of it. First of all, I'd just like to say that I bought the game for the multiplayer aspect, didn't get any further than 40 minutes into the singleplayer and havn't continued from there yet. The multiplayer was alot of fun at the beginning, but it quickly became obvious that most people run around on the roofs, making it almost impossible for yourself to take them out unless you venture up there yourself. But any half decent player will see you miles away and understand why you're there and keep a distance. There is a gun that you can use against them aswell, but it doesn't net you alot of points. So if you, just like me, would enjoy hiding in crowds and stalking you're victim, you can forget it. Another thing which really bugged me was the poison ability, a game with Assassin's must of course have poison in it, but the points which you gain for simply walking past someone and sticking them is ridicolus sometimes. Using abilities also sometimes didn't seem to have an effect, as throwing a smokebomb down on the ground when you know someone close to you is about to shiv you, but then just to get a cutscene to see that person jump through it, land on you in the middle of the smoke and then kill you. But, in the end, I had a good enough time with this game's multiplayer mode for the money I spent to buy it. Expand
  17. Nov 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was quite pleased with AC:B despite the fact that it was in fact very similar to AC2... until I got to a certain point in the story line where I was sent on a mission where I was only allowed to use the apple of eden. There was only one thing to do: click repeatedly. It was really slow, so I called in some assassins, but as more guys came, several of them died. I was helpless because I couldn't switch weapons and the gameplay was simply terrible during those sections. Recently I found huge errors where the screen would go to this ugly shade of brown and I was blind. If I was fighting at the time, it didn't turn out so well. You could move around and *maybe* your vision would go back to normal, but it was pretty much a crap shoot. This happened consistently in several sections of the map. Also, the ending made me angry. I'm sure that there will be explanations in Revelations, but as it is, I'm left with a main character who is dead and now Desmond is a murderer. Now don't take this review completely the wrong way, AC:B offers a unique gaming experience unrivaled by many other similar games. The issues that I've mentioned and the fact that it is so similar to AC2 are what made me give it a 6. Expand
  18. Jan 13, 2012
    I bought this game out of a random trade deal that I thought would be worth it, like a 2$ game for a 40$ game, that sounds good doesn't it, so I put the game in and you know what, I liked it this game was fun. After a few days of campaign I finally beat it and didn't want to do the extra missions cause they were kinda boring, so what now? Well with nothing to do I tried multiplayer,I bought this game out of a random trade deal that I thought would be worth it, like a 2$ game for a 40$ game, that sounds good doesn't it, so I put the game in and you know what, I liked it this game was fun. After a few days of campaign I finally beat it and didn't want to do the extra missions cause they were kinda boring, so what now? Well with nothing to do I tried multiplayer, multiplayer is just awful, its not fun at all the first 50 minutes I didn't even know what the hell I was doing and even now I really don't know, so I guess overall this game is a quick, repetative, and boring game after the first playthrough and multiplay just sucks so I wouldn't even recommend getting the next one in the series. Expand
  19. Mar 19, 2013
    ACB is a bewildering mixture of good, mediocre and BAD design choices. The good is the city and the way the game hero moves around it. Climbing and jumping is fun and the views from the rooftops are amazing. This game shows the fruits of awesome historical research. Sadly every other feature of the game get worse from there and the final product is tragically mediocre considering theACB is a bewildering mixture of good, mediocre and BAD design choices. The good is the city and the way the game hero moves around it. Climbing and jumping is fun and the views from the rooftops are amazing. This game shows the fruits of awesome historical research. Sadly every other feature of the game get worse from there and the final product is tragically mediocre considering the amount of time and effort that went into it. The combat is mediocre, and confusing. The controls are BAD. The medieval elements of story are great but TOTALLY RUINED by an idiotic and unneccessary added level of madness in the form of a time travel story, which seemingly functions to destroy a made-for-adults plot and reduce the whole thing to a product for seven year olds. A special observation needs to be reserved for the horrible playstation 2 UI which tries hard to be 'cool and 'modern' but turns out to be unwieldy ugly and UNCOOL in the extreme. ACB is finally a mediocre game. It can be picked up for around $5 on Steam sale and isn't worth much more than that. Expand
  20. Aug 2, 2014
    I played this game late, after having read all the positive reaction. This confuses me, since I found it to be worse than all of its predecessors. The introduction of assisting assassin recruits is a very positive change, but, in every other aspect, AC:B is slipping away.

Fighting, more than ever, is now all about button mashing. The original title had some interesting combo dynamics, which I didn't even get to check whether they were still there. There was no place for them. Luckily, you can call for help and end the battles quicker.

The controls in AC games have always had a bad rep. For some reason, in AC:B their suckiness is more in your face than ever before. Probably because AC:B is so poor in things to help you feel better about it. Few things can bring you faster to rage than Ezio spontaneously changing direction and jumping sideways towards a wall, causing you to fail your time-sensitive goal.

The writing is the thinnest it has every been. Master-blahblah is building up, kill his characterless helpers, then kill him. Seriously, was there a single character in this game, besides Ezio himself? And don't get me started about how they've jumped the shark with the alien AI whatever-it-is thing.

And the title's trademark, freerunning, became less free and more of a mechanic to solve puzzles, Tomb Raider style. Running on rooftops makes no practical sense anymore. Speaking of which, I always liked the environment's realistic and lived feel. Well, not anymore. Unless someone can explain why medieval architects would place uniform door switches high on walls and odd beams to help people with superhuman climbing skills get there.

Tying the whole degression together is the city of Rome, the worst depiction of a city in any AC game. Rome is repetitive, hard to navigate (especially from the rooftops) and visually depressing.

AC has a lot to capital to burn before becoming a bad game. But it didn't make to good this time either.
  21. Nov 23, 2012
    I played every AC game up till now, I experienced the franchise before saying something ugly. The way I see it Brotherhood is supposed to have 5 strong parts of the game: 1. Fighting system 2. Acrobatics 3. Story 4. Sims-part 5.Stealth. Well in my opinion they are all broken and disconnected in this game. Fighting is stupid. Where in a decent game you have to carefully think what attackI played every AC game up till now, I experienced the franchise before saying something ugly. The way I see it Brotherhood is supposed to have 5 strong parts of the game: 1. Fighting system 2. Acrobatics 3. Story 4. Sims-part 5.Stealth. Well in my opinion they are all broken and disconnected in this game. Fighting is stupid. Where in a decent game you have to carefully think what attack type to apply to every enemy and in what order, here it is enough that you stand in block and counter-kill any opponent and kick in balls every 5-th opponent. That is all. Of course you can diversify it if you want. Use bullets, arrows, smoke etc. But there's no need. There is always maximum of 2 enemies attacking you simultaneously. You can easily kill a crown of hundreds soldiers given the time of 10 minutes. Which leads to a sad conclusion that you do not actually need new equipment, I didn't even buy a crossbow for 8th chapter(and I bought it because I wanted to see how it works). You can complete the whole game without new armor, gloves, daggers, swords. And you won't feel any difficulty without them. So you do not need to invest money into stables, tailors, workshops, because you don't need equipment, you do not need invest in anything, because you do not need money. Assassins' help is also a tool of differentiating of a game process if you wish. A huge part of a game can be easily cut out without anyone noticing. In the Witcher 2 when I play on high difficulty, I use sharpening stones, craft new equipment, collect herbs, make potions, bombs, oils to survive. I use boosts, magic anything to survive. I feel acomplishment when I get through the area filled with enemies, boss battle etc. Here I never feel difficult. During the game I never died for Christ Sake! The acrobatics alwasy rotate me during the jump. Often you hang down from the balcony even when you clearly push jumping combination. In a whole lot of missions you need precision to meet 100-sync requirements. But the game does not grant it to you. Most of side missions are dull. Yes, I can differentiate them, but I want to be engaged, I don't want to track and kill a person in every mission. I want to see the story. What kind of a story can be told in few phrases? When it comes down to the main plot it is also a garbage bin. You are never told of the functioning mechanism of eagle vision. You still do not know anything about the main powers taking part in the story, but you are induced to follow their actions and foggy explanations. It all looks like a bad amateurish science fiction. You know what, I'd prefer straight and simple "Dishonored" story to this one. It is the same thing as "LOST" movie series. You try to prolong the story and don't explain anything up until the end simply because you don't know how to explain what you have already implemented in the story. You have nothing to say. I never understood what was the point of creating big games combining gameplay from multiple genres, if any part of it is made worse than in the game you took it from. It is like Renaissance Call of Duty: don't ask, just play! Well I do not agree to that. Expand
  22. Nov 3, 2012
    This is what happens when the publisher (or developers, I'm not sure) gets greedy. Brotherhood is an oversized standalone add-on, but not in any way a direct sequel. It offers NOTHING new in terms of the plot development (except for Desmond's storyline, which fits in like half an hour) and retains the protagonist from the sequel, Ezio. I must say that I personally don't find Ezio such aThis is what happens when the publisher (or developers, I'm not sure) gets greedy. Brotherhood is an oversized standalone add-on, but not in any way a direct sequel. It offers NOTHING new in terms of the plot development (except for Desmond's storyline, which fits in like half an hour) and retains the protagonist from the sequel, Ezio. I must say that I personally don't find Ezio such a spectacular character as many seem to do - he is a generic good guy who lost his family and wants his revenge, and here he evolves into a generic old wise master giving advice. The gameplay features some additions, like taking back city districts (dull and repetitive), recruiting assassins (simplifies killing enemies even further, but looks nice, I admit) and a slight change in the combat system - now it's stupefied to a never-before-seen level: to kill the first enemy you must button mash or counter-kill him as usual, but to kill the next one you just need... to press one button. That's it, the "press x to win" stereotype going live. In terms of graphics, it's definitely an improvement, as the game's got the smooth looks matching or besting AC1's. My score would've been lower if not for the addition of the multiplayer mode. It's fresh, fun and will surely keep you entertained for a few weeks at least. Overall, this is a totally unnecessary addition to the franchise, a worrying move towards the COD's "a game a year" system, the Assassin's Greed. Expand
  23. Dec 17, 2012
    Brotherhood is worth playing. Missions have optional criteria to meet for increased difficulty. You are now vulnerable to be attacked during execution animation, and able to use heavy weapon are good points. Assassin recruit idea was exciting at first, but quickly become boring and repetitive to assign meaningless skill points. Game combat is already easy enough with counter-attackBrotherhood is worth playing. Missions have optional criteria to meet for increased difficulty. You are now vulnerable to be attacked during execution animation, and able to use heavy weapon are good points. Assassin recruit idea was exciting at first, but quickly become boring and repetitive to assign meaningless skill points. Game combat is already easy enough with counter-attack spamming, assassin recruit just make combat even dull. So I sent assassin recruit on contract to make money, which I already have excess of money. The economy is also a failure. I don't enjoy jumping puzzles but that's ok for other players. But the game is still plagued by annoying camera and controls. Expand
  24. Dec 9, 2012
    This installment of the Assassin's Creed series is a fun game but trips fatally over a few key issues. If you're willing to overlook some plot issues and can turn a blind eye to the game mis-interpreting what you want to do on a regular basis, this game is right up your alley. However, these trips have landed this game a low score.

The city is well designed and getting around is fun.

The city is well designed and getting around is fun. Jumping from rooftops to rooftops and climbing around has always been a fun feature of the Assassin's Creed series. This game doesn't drop the ball in this departement. However, occasionally, you will find yourself frustrated that you can't reach something or grab something that you really should. Or in an attempt to jump up to a ledge that you can't grab on to, you'll frequently find yourself plummeting straight for the hard floor below. That being said, it doesn't happen often enough to really make this a huge issue.

The combat is fun, however I found myself only ever using a couple of your huge arsenal of weapons. Once you get the crossbow, the game looses a lot of its challenge as well. The city development part of the game is neat and a good way to encourage the player to explore the city and liberate it.

Managing your recruits was a key addition to Brotherhood and while innovative and neat, it did make the game a little easy. It seems like if you want a challenge in this game, you have to shoot yourself in the foot right out of the door to give the enemies that advantage they need. The game was fun. I enjoyed almost ever hour i spent running around the ancient city. However, i didn't enjoy one second running around in the present. While the concept of genetic memory is interesting, the game makes almost no effort to make you care at all about the real actual characters. Then when the huge thing happens at the end (which should have blown everyone's mind), i found myself wondering why I should care. Plus, this 'event' didn't make me feel like anything had been resolved. The ending had a nice build up, the pacing was near flawless then it just ends. Brotherhood left me with no satisfaction what so ever after finishing the game. This is the primary reason i give the game as low a rating as i did. The ending of any game is a crucial component. It is the last impression, the thing that determines whether you want to play it again or whether you want to throw it in the garbage and light it on fire for leading you along such a wonderful journey then abandoning you with no closure. Overall, fun game, bad ending. A great game if you're not the kind of person who gets hung up story stuff (like i clearly am).
  25. Feb 28, 2013
    It's a really good game, with the best features from the other Assassin's Creeds und more, but I have not the motivation, to collect all items.
  26. Mar 28, 2014
    Brotherhood is the third direct sequel to the franchise.

With overall improvements over everything i have mentioned in my Assassin's Creed II review, there is something that i feel that it needs to be pointed out, Brotherhood seems to have more glitches & bugs. This makes me think of whether the QA team in the past 2 titles are the same ones who have tested this game. These "glitches
    Brotherhood is the third direct sequel to the franchise.

These "glitches & bugs" aren't really small ones, but are actually ones prevents your progression in a few missions/sequences. If you play over 60hz and have vsync off, you are going to run into them. Unfortunately for this, and the frustration caused for me, deserves an even lower score than AC or AC2.

Other than that, i need not mention the pros and cons as they were similarly mentioned in my AC2 review.

Note: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood also features the free Da Vinci Disappearance (DLC), obtainable via UPlay for 0 credits. It's a well worth and fun DLC with a few extra hours to put into the game. As it is going to take place after the main story, i recommend playing this DLC only after you've completed it.
    Posted: 9 March. Last edited: 10 March.
  27. May 26, 2013
    OKAY game and good thing it is lengthy.
    Yet, I would not give it a 10 because early parts of this game were good, and now the series is more like “Soldier’s Creed”, and a new part releases every year like CoD.
  28. Jan 2, 2014
    Now take nothing away from it, the gameplay is marvelous. Fighting has never gotten easier than in this game. The story is decent and in this one I did want to kill Cezare Borgia (mainly for the same reason why Star Wars fan boys want to kill Jar Jar Binks). However like all Assassin's Creed games the ending really sinks what could have been a great game.
  29. Dec 2, 2013
    A good game i enjoyed playing it a lot I think its to bad that almost nobody is playing the multiplayer anymore (they've probably moved on to the more recent ac games) because the lack of players in mp really was the reason I stopped playing it.
  30. Dec 15, 2013
    Ubisoft has definetely made it work with this game. It is worth buying game. Good graphics overall and nice moves to learn. The storyline seem to be a bit boring since transformation of Present to Past is frequent.
    Overall 8/10
    Graphics 8/10
    Storyline 6/10
  31. Jun 16, 2014
    By far the worst game in the series and if you'd like to know why, then read on. Although it is not terrible, but the obvious just push it out the door, print it, print it now!, comes clearer with Brotherhood more than any of the other games. I might as well start with the problems that the game has. Well the main problem with the game is the auto lock-on camera which is down rightBy far the worst game in the series and if you'd like to know why, then read on. Although it is not terrible, but the obvious just push it out the door, print it, print it now!, comes clearer with Brotherhood more than any of the other games. I might as well start with the problems that the game has. Well the main problem with the game is the auto lock-on camera which is down right frustrating, like during huge missions your running to flee from an area or whatever and it locks you on to someone who tried to attack you, even though they missed and it makes you go out of track. OMG and the next one. One of the enemies, and im not even joking, is at times invinsible. you know the light armor guys. they can litteraly jump backwards any time you attack them, even if they're by a wall the sword just goes through them or they dodge it and if you try to kick them that doesen't work eighter, this becomes especially true when during big timed missions where you have to kill a bunch of guys in a time-limit. OMG and this next one is actually "GAME BREAKING" During a mission where you tail a missionary to the coloseum, "spoilers". you have to kill 2 exact guys that look identical to the other. and then the real problem addears, because you have to kill 2 more random guys again and the real problem here is that they have a pretty high chance of fleeing like a little chicken and because "Spoilers" you now have the apple of eden which kills whatever it wants, but only one guy at a time, randomly, but see why is it a problem that they flee you ask? Well because there is a barrier you can't go through, its like a invisible fench that prevents you from going futher and the problem is that they can actually surpass that "Fence" by a few feet or like 4-5 meters meaning that if you let them surpass that barrier then your basicly **** and see it's actually really hard to not make them surpass the "barrier" you might as well restart the memory, which means that you have to tail the guy and everything all over again. Now the Next problem is more of a annoyance than annything else, but it's still a thing that draws you out of the immersion. the voice acting is often eccoed in really low volume or it's not there at all, and the voices are there sometimes but it's really only in big scenes. the controls are also nothing to brag about, they are definitely designed with a controller in mind and also the way Ezio moves feel kinda sluggish like he has bad agility which for an assassin is extremely weird .i think i got everything that is negative about the game, now on to the good stuff. first of all the game has an exellent soundtrack, at times it's a little too much but usually good, not much to say on that one. and secound the climbing and the overall feel of being an assasin is really good. the world design as there is no quote on quote level design is actually really good, in fact it's amazing. the story is also very interesting, which i guess only apply to people who is generally interested in history as myself. the game has got amazing multiplayer and aftergamecontent meaning that you can be stacked for a few weeks after playing through the story. overall i'd say that this is definitely the worst Assassin's Creed game in the series. a 7/10 should do it justice. i might even be a tad bit too kind to it though. it's worth purchasing though on a market if it's on like 50% off +. Expand
  32. Aug 1, 2014
    "Brotherhood" feels a step back. Its vividly colourful graphics seem a bit weird and cheesy compared to its two predecessors. The addition of the assassin recruits is very interesting but you can't simply base on it a whole game. There are some good facts, but overall the experience is a little disappointing and uncreative.

Polished conversion of the console version cannot be labeled as an add-on. This is an excellent full-featured game with interesting multiplayer mode. Period. [Issue#203]
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    Built on the shoulders of Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood is the most polished and robust execution of the Assassin's Creed formula yet.
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood isn't as much a sequel as a completion to the second game, and while this is certainly the best game of the three so far, you probably don't want to jump into the story without having played at least the second game first.