8.1

1. Nov 8, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" is a lovely game that is familiar with its predecessor AC2, only better. Sure, it gets kinda boring within several days (this time the story's more slower), but the new apprentice assassins (a new kind of add-on from the previous game) were the bomb. I liked having sidekicks of my own and let them do the dirty work while I silently kill my opponent. You could say they're the improvements of the thieves and prostitutes of AC2. Other than the campaign, the multiplayer was also a tense-full, action packed one. You don't know what might hit you, so focusing on the game is also a key component for the assassination multiplayer. Overall a engaging game I liked, and I will definitely recommend it. Expand
  2. May 21, 2013
    The best Assassin's Creed game. The story is absolutely amazing and the gameplay is the best yet. There are so many interesting side missions and other things to do that it keeps you playing for hours on end and it just never gets old. One of the best games I've played in a long time.
  3. Jul 12, 2013
    this by far the best part of the AC series the story keeps getting better and better and will keep you dying until the very end with few twists in it they added the brotherhood and recruit system in this game which was awesome the missions in this game are awesome even the side missions you'll spend hours upon hours of fun and great entertainment
  4. ERB
    Jul 30, 2013
    A game that you will never forget.
  5. Jan 16, 2013
    AC: Brotherhood is a good game that suffers a bit from feeling more like an expansion of AC II and not enough like a full game. It continues the story, setting, and characters of the previous game, while introducing a few new mechanics. Unlike the first 2 games, in this one you spend most of your time in a single city, Rome, which is considerably larger than previous cities to compensate for this. While this isn't a huge problem, it does end up feeling like 'more of the same,' and after awhile running around the same location gets a bit boring. Brotherhood introduces a few new weapons and skills, but nothing special. The shop investment mechanic has been expanded to allow you to buy and invest in various shop types around Rome. This is an interesting diversion, but adds little to the game. The real virtue of this game is simple in continuing the story and further developing the characters. It is certainly worth playing, and is plenty fun, but lacks significant originality: it just feels like AC II part 2. Expand
  6. Mar 19, 2013
    ACB is a bewildering mixture of good, mediocre and BAD design choices. The good is the city and the way the game hero moves around it. Climbing and jumping is fun and the views from the rooftops are amazing. This game shows the fruits of awesome historical research. Sadly every other feature of the game get worse from there and the final product is tragically mediocre considering the amount of time and effort that went into it. The combat is mediocre, and confusing. The controls are BAD. The medieval elements of story are great but TOTALLY RUINED by an idiotic and unneccessary added level of madness in the form of a time travel story, which seemingly functions to destroy a made-for-adults plot and reduce the whole thing to a product for seven year olds. A special observation needs to be reserved for the horrible playstation 2 UI which tries hard to be 'cool and 'modern' but turns out to be unwieldy ugly and UNCOOL in the extreme. ACB is finally a mediocre game. It can be picked up for around $5 on Steam sale and isn't worth much more than that. Expand
  7. Mar 18, 2014
    Not QUITE as good as ACII, but still a really fun game to play. Animations, voices, etc all seemed just a little bit lazier or rushed for this installment of Ezio's story. But regardless, it was still good quality.
  8. Jun 5, 2011
    A console port done right. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood looks, runs, and plays just as well on PC as it does on Xbox with a few very minor exceptions. As for the gameplay it has all you can expect from an AC game. Rome, where the majority of the game takes place, is huge and filled with an ever growing number of things to do. Missions abound in this game and you'll get hours and hours of play out of it. If you like AC2 you'll definitely like this game. Expand
  9. Apr 26, 2013
    Like Assassin's creed 2, brotherhood is an upgrade from the last one. Now you have a assassins group, and the entire Roma to explore. Is good, but only this.
  10. Jan 2, 2014
    Now take nothing away from it, the gameplay is marvelous. Fighting has never gotten easier than in this game. The story is decent and in this one I did want to kill Cezare Borgia (mainly for the same reason why Star Wars fan boys want to kill Jar Jar Binks). However like all Assassin's Creed games the ending really sinks what could have been a great game.
  11. Dec 23, 2012
    As the best game in the Assassin's Creed series, this stands as one of the more memorable games of this console generation. The franchise in general falls short in terms of controls - they are often less than fluid and you will find yourself cursing when Ezio does the opposite of what you wanted him to do. However, everything else is spot on, and exceeded my expectations. The city in which you are thrown, 1500 A.D. Rome, is remarkably large and faithful to history, containing recreations of many famous buildings. There is ton to do in the game, including new features such as calling upon assassins which level up and can be sent on missions for money and experience. You can buy buildings as well to extend your control and guarantee yourself a higher income. With great graphical style, the setting is perfect. The story is also fairly good despite the fact that it pulls a Lost on you at the end, leaving you in confusion and anticipation of a sequel to further explain things. The gameplay is as fun as ever, jumping around rooftops and finding ways to climb and explore the environment, in prince of persia style. Expand
  12. Feb 28, 2013
    It's a really good game, with the best features from the other Assassin's Creeds und more, but I have not the motivation, to collect all items.
  13. Mar 10, 2014
    Another gorgeous game. Assassin's Creed keeps getting better. I love to play in ancient Italy, fight a big number of Borgia soldiers and burn down their towers. It's a great video game.
  14. Nov 3, 2012
    This is what happens when the publisher (or developers, I'm not sure) gets greedy. Brotherhood is an oversized standalone add-on, but not in any way a direct sequel. It offers NOTHING new in terms of the plot development (except for Desmond's storyline, which fits in like half an hour) and retains the protagonist from the sequel, Ezio. I must say that I personally don't find Ezio such a spectacular character as many seem to do - he is a generic good guy who lost his family and wants his revenge, and here he evolves into a generic old wise master giving advice. The gameplay features some additions, like taking back city districts (dull and repetitive), recruiting assassins (simplifies killing enemies even further, but looks nice, I admit) and a slight change in the combat system - now it's stupefied to a never-before-seen level: to kill the first enemy you must button mash or counter-kill him as usual, but to kill the next one you just need... to press one button. That's it, the "press x to win" stereotype going live. In terms of graphics, it's definitely an improvement, as the game's got the smooth looks matching or besting AC1's. My score would've been lower if not for the addition of the multiplayer mode. It's fresh, fun and will surely keep you entertained for a few weeks at least. Overall, this is a totally unnecessary addition to the franchise, a worrying move towards the COD's "a game a year" system, the Assassin's Greed. Expand
  15. Aug 13, 2012
    Had a great experience with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It added new moves, better counter attacks and a cool assassin's recruitment. Still, Brotherhood is not better than It's predecessor, for It's disappointing ending and from some glitches. Despite from those problems, Brotherhood is a must have game for everyone. 88 out of 100.
  16. Apr 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is not long as the previous one, and you will be most of the time in Rome, as the previous one you will be able to buy and open shops of your own, which will give you money for a better gear, there's even a Facebook application which integrate with this game called "Project Legacy" that will help you to unlock bonus in-game. Expand
  17. Mar 11, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is an improvement in many ways on the second game there is a lot more free-running, the levels are better suited for Ezio's skills, there are a lot more interesting environments to play in... And yet. And yet there's something missing. This game suffers from a few issues. While they don't break the experience, they do lessen it. 1) The characters suck. You feel very little to no connection to the characters in the game. You just don't really care about them. Yes, they were in ACII, but there's just... nothing really there that grips you.

2) The main story campaign is quite short. Like, shockingly so. The sidequests are good and add to the length of the game...

3) But the collectables still suck. There are ten feathers, 101 borgia flags, a gross number of treasure chests.. and quite frankly its all pointless. Well, the treasure chests aren't completely useless, though many of them are, but the rest of them are there for the sake of being there, and just don't add anything to the game. Running around collecting them is dull, and while platforming is fun, the problem is that most of them are not actually difficult to get to in the first place they're just difficult to find without the treasure maps. And some of them are all about running for a minute in a direction, then running in a minute in the OTHER direction, which just sucks.

4) The whole "city management" and "assassin management" thing is pointless. Not only do you end up with gargantuan piles of money, but running around restoring the stores is a time waster, as is sending your assassin recruits on missions. They're very empty experiences.

5) Combat. The combat in this game is just terrible. There's very little variety in enemies, but it doesn't matter because you can kill almost all enemies by calling in your assassin recruits the only time you CAN'T is when you arbitrarily are denied them. Worse still, you are ridiculously powerful your ranged attacks one shot them, your surprise attacks one shot them, your smoke bombs let you murder crowds out of hand... the combat in this game is really trivial and mostly a waste of time, because it isn't actually fun. Assassinating people is the funnest part, and most of that is about stealth, which is fun, and the stealth kills, which can be alright but often become stupid because you can just use a crossbow or throwing knife or poison to off them from a distance.

6) The ending is bad. After about halfway through act 8, the game becomes pretty much entirely about combat. For three levels, you gain a totally overpowered item which just says "Press X to win" and essentially cannot die (but likewise cannot use anything BUT said item), and then the final level is all combat without the fun of assassination or stealth. As combat is the worst part of the game, understandably this leaves a sour taste in the player's mouth.

7) The game tries too hard to be enigmatic. I understand that they're trying to seem mysterious, but they mostly succeed in just making everything feel like a let down.

8) The story in renaissance Italy is just boring. I don't care about the characters and it feels like a disconnected strung-together chain of events.

9) Sometimes, the platforming feels a little too choreographed, which becomes especially obvious at certain points in the game, where it feels like I'm just being lead by the nose by level design without any real interesting input on my part.

All in all, the game is decent, but not amazing.
  18. CBZ
    Mar 29, 2011
    There are many improvements in AC:B, making the gameplay more fluid and giving a higher variety of missions. Something I noticed is that it goes back to the colorfulness of the first title of the saga, since AC2 had darker and greyer colors and made it a little more depressing for my personal taste.
    The single player campaign is short (i was wondering if i was even half way through when i
    got to the end) and if im not wrong there are 9 memory sequences. The campaign also lacks of a consistent story, although i really enjoyed it. I didnt find any bugs i can remember.
    The multiplayer is fun and very exciting, although it could get a little repetitive if you overplay it. However there are different types of MP games such as Wanted, Escort, Chests and Alliance that will mix it up a little.

If you are looking just for the single player, i would not pay the full price right now, but if you also want to play some fun online games it might be worth it.
  19. Oct 1, 2011
    If you can spend your money on this, believe me it will not be a waste. Not only it adds to the fantastic story of AC with it's singleplayer mode, But the multiplayer game is also very original and exciting. I can say multiplayer ACB is something that everyone should play.
    The only flaw in Brotherhood (and other AC games) is that their single-player are always too easy that you will
    rarely die unless you have only 1 hand or go to kitchen for a snack during the game. Also i think multiplayer abilities & perks could be more amazing but the game itself is so amazing already so these are not too much of a problem. Expand
  20. Dec 3, 2013
    Awesome story, great detailed setting, memorable characters, everything about this game was epic. The only thing preventing it from getting a solid 10 is it's linearity, which is there for every AC game but is something I hate in games so it gets a 9/10 instead.
  21. Mar 28, 2014
    Brotherhood is the third direct sequel to the franchise.

With overall improvements over everything i have mentioned in my Assassin's Creed II review, there is something that i feel that it needs to be pointed out, Brotherhood seems to have more glitches & bugs. This makes me think of whether the QA team in the past 2 titles are the same ones who have tested this game.

These "glitches
    & bugs" aren't really small ones, but are actually ones prevents your progression in a few missions/sequences. If you play over 60hz and have vsync off, you are going to run into them. Unfortunately for this, and the frustration caused for me, deserves an even lower score than AC or AC2.

Other than that, i need not mention the pros and cons as they were similarly mentioned in my AC2 review.

Note: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood also features the free Da Vinci Disappearance (DLC), obtainable via UPlay for 0 credits. It's a well worth and fun DLC with a few extra hours to put into the game. As it is going to take place after the main story, i recommend playing this DLC only after you've completed it.
    Posted: 9 March. Last edited: 10 March.
  22. Apr 27, 2011
    I'm pretty sure this game came out a few years ago and I believe it was called Assassin's Creed II. I used to be a fanboy, but they're too repetitive. I don't really get why these games are so successful. Oh you have three ways of being stealthy! Hide in a bail of hay! Blend with a Crowd! Or Sit on a bench! Not fun. Also this one is even more repetitive. It's one of those lame revolution stories which has become code for do the same exact thing x amount of times. Sorry, but this game just sucked. Expand
  23. Nov 28, 2011
    Good game. Runs flawlessly. Combat is addictive. The continued plotline is fantastic. Game is let down by an incessant need to upgrade and purchase everything, which distracts from the idea of being an "assassin". Or at least for me this felt odd compare to the previous entries in the series. The highlights for me have always been the modern day sections out of the animus. I'd like it more if ubisoft played around a bit more with the character you adopt in the animus rather than fixating on ezio. Sure he's a great character but I'm getting tired and it's obvious that Revelations will still feature Ezio... when I wish they moved on. Still it's their project and not mine, so it's up to them to deliver what they envisage. Expand
  24. Dec 29, 2011
    Awesome graphics, awesome gameplay, awesome story... everything is just so freaking good. The game is still fresh, not repetitive, fun as hell. It's almost perfect, but it's kind of unfair to give it a 10/10 if it's not very innovative. I mean, the game is almost perfect, fresh, but it's not very different from the second one. I'd give it a 9,5 if I could.
  25. May 24, 2011
    one of the best games I've played, story is really interesting with characters based in real life and the most unique and awesome multiplayer out there thanks to this game I haven't touched uncharted 2 or any other multiplayer game in weeks.
  26. Apr 8, 2011
    In the era of lousy console ports, AC:B is a light in the darkness. While the story this time around is a little worse, it's still good. The combat's also improved greatly since AC 2, even though this makes the game a little too easy. All your favorite characters are here, some a little more....alive...than others. One thing I like about this game is that Desmond spends a little more time outside the animus, this gives the story a little more diversity; my one major AC 2 complaint was that Desmond's story wasn't as prominent, because I really wanted to hear more about that. The best new feature I loved about AC:B was multiplayer. It's really intense and a great sigh of relief for FPS multiplayer games. Expand
  27. Dec 17, 2012
    Brotherhood is worth playing. Missions have optional criteria to meet for increased difficulty. You are now vulnerable to be attacked during execution animation, and able to use heavy weapon are good points. Assassin recruit idea was exciting at first, but quickly become boring and repetitive to assign meaningless skill points. Game combat is already easy enough with counter-attack spamming, assassin recruit just make combat even dull. So I sent assassin recruit on contract to make money, which I already have excess of money. The economy is also a failure. I don't enjoy jumping puzzles but that's ok for other players. But the game is still plagued by annoying camera and controls. Expand
  28. Oct 13, 2013
    Technical Issues[10]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[9.4]
  29. May 26, 2013
    OKAY game and good thing it is lengthy.
    Yet, I would not give it a 10 because early parts of this game were good, and now the series is more like “Soldier’s Creed”, and a new part releases every year like CoD.
  30. May 17, 2011
    I'm huge fan of AC series too and must say this is another great part. Only bad thing i can think of is game difficulty. With help from your order missions are too easy. Don't think i've died more then 2-3 times for entire game. Other then that perfect game :)

Polished conversion of the console version cannot be labeled as an add-on. This is an excellent full-featured game with interesting multiplayer mode. Period. [Issue#203]
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    Built on the shoulders of Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood is the most polished and robust execution of the Assassin's Creed formula yet.
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood isn't as much a sequel as a completion to the second game, and while this is certainly the best game of the three so far, you probably don't want to jump into the story without having played at least the second game first.