6.1

1. Dec 1, 2012
    The 3rd work that destroyed wonderful series. From very troublesome craft systems, poor subordinates, and anything, stealth is used well and it has not become an invigorating game. There are a stealth game of the company and a big difference.
  2. Dec 1, 2012
    AC3 is a good and solid game, but doesn't feel quite right in the series. I felt that the game relied too much on "chase this guy and kill him" or "fight these 20 guys to kill this one guy" instead of actually using your head and sneaking in and assassinating somebody. Several of your assassination missions you actually have to sneak in past tons of guards, where if you get discoveredAC3 is a good and solid game, but doesn't feel quite right in the series. I felt that the game relied too much on "chase this guy and kill him" or "fight these 20 guys to kill this one guy" instead of actually using your head and sneaking in and assassinating somebody. Several of your assassination missions you actually have to sneak in past tons of guards, where if you get discovered it's an instant lose condition, and then, once you close on your target it goes to cutscene where you are discovered and have to fight all those guards anyway. The graphics were good, but I can't say the same for the new facial animation tech Ubisoft has been bragging about. It just wasn't that good, and even in cutscenes characters mouths were often not synched with the audio. The cities are small and the buildings are too spaced out to make rooftop jumping (a staple of the series and part of why the series is so much fun) not practical in most cases. I actually barely used to rooftops at all, as it was often faster and easier to use the streets. The hunting mechanic was ok, but nothing I felt like spending a lot of time with. The crafting mechanic was pointless except for the pouch upgrades and special weapons, and those are not even really necessary. The UI for the crafting was awful, annoying to navigate, and you couldn't craft more than one of any particular item at a time, which was ok for some items, but annoying for items you use a lot like glass bottles, sewing threads, etc, but since there is never a point in the game where you HAVE to craft anything, and the rewards are so insignificant there's really no reason to craft anything, the bad crafting doesn't really take away from the gameplay itself. Same goes for the trading. Sending trade convoys takes a long time, they often come under attack in the middle of the very large frontier far enough away from any fast travel points that there is no way you can get there in time to save the convoy, and even if it makes it you don't really make enough money off it to make it worth the hassle. One thing I missed that AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations did very well was the platforming "dungeons", those were a lot of fun and really gave you a chance to play with the free-running aspect of the game. These are almost completely absent in AC3, and the few platforming missions there are are not very good and don't keep you on the edge of your seat like in previous games. Also, the game is glitchy. Daily while I was playing it killed my computer, locked it up so not even a "ctrl-alt-del" worked and I had to to a hard shut down. Luckily the game usually autosaves often enough that you start back close to where it died. Now, I spent a lot of time complaining, now I'll tell of the good parts. The wilderness is large, think the Kingdom from the first AC game and double it. The tree climbing mechanic is fun, especially in swampier areas. Too bad more of the game doesn't take place in the frontier, because you have a lot more stealth options in the trees than you do in colonial towns. I REALLY enjoyed the naval battles. I would buy a DLC that just had a lot more of the naval warfare missions. The waves look amazing, the battles are epic, and it's just a lot of fun. The Desmond storyline gets a lot more play than any other AC game, and wraps up nicely. The way they did the Desmond missions in this game makes me want even more for them to make a modern-day AC game. I like the combat a lot, and enjoyed the big battles, I just wish it would let me stealth-kill my big targets more often. It's an AC game, it plays like an AC game, expect nothing more. One last thing, Connor is a good character, though he is a bit bland. He's supposed to be bland though, an Iroquois warrior is not going to be as flashy or flamboyant as an Italian nobleman like Ezio. I liked Connor, though I actually thought his father Haytham would be a better main character. A little more Ezio-like flair and attitude. All in all, I really enjoyed the game though some aspects were frustrating. I recommend this if you are a fan of the series, but not if you are looking for anything really new and exciting, as all of the new things were annoying except for the naval combat. Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2012
    Assassins Creed 3 is more the odd man out.. It adds alot of unique gameplay elements that would be great if it all worked out properly. But the end its a shaky but great game thats worth a shot if your an Assassin Creed fan. [Keep in mind I am reviewing with the current update 1.01 - some things maybe fixed if your reading it later down the line]

Story: [6] The story has quite a few

Story: [6]
    The story has quite a few twists into the plot, and a few good moments. Yet in the end it doesn't pack the punch of the first 3. Game World: [6]
    Now saddest part of Assassin's Creed 3 is the game world. The problem with era they are recreating is majority of the buildings during that era looked pretty much alike. So now you end up facing a very repetitive world also. Going to eagle view points essentially requires the same method each and every time Unlike Constantinople where quite a few eagle points posed various challenges to get to. Now there is a very tiny variation in all of them But they did add quite a few unique methods of traveling through houses and sliding through low lying obstacles. Yet it once you get into the game you will soon notice how very few those opportunities their are. Also how majority of the time it doesn't seem to work when you need it to. Gameplay: [9]
    Now gameplay has not really shifted from the core principles of Assassin creed. The same style attack block counter is still there. As well as a few added weapon styles. The fighting as smooth as ever and quite a bit more interactive. They made achievement and special item hunting fundamentally a lot easier. Though their are still some secret treasures hidden away that are not revealed. Also they have quite a few varied side missions.

So what exactly changed? Gone are the ways of the mercenaries brother girls and roaming groups of camouflage. Though the last one is sort o replaced with wagons of hay that move around the map. But to be fair people rarely used them anyway. You also do not have your assortment of grenades though you do get smoke bomb still and trip mine. Also your throwing knives and cross bow is replaced with a rope dart and bow and arrow. Personally most of the changes are quite well done. Also there are no more "tutorial mini levels. The tutorials are stream lined in some part into the game.
    Now the sad part is, only some of what you need to do is explained. For example one optional mission was ';Throw the Red coats into the water" - now it doesn't tell you how to do that. So if you never played an Assassin's Creed game before, your basically screwed. If you did, your also possibly screwed. You cannot simply make them fall inside. You must use the push evade to do so, which the game fails to tell you so. This is just one of many things it doesn't wish to explain.

Now a lot of "filler" missions are available. Some are quite fun, some make you want to rip your hair out. The new lock picking mechanic they introduced is one of those hair ripping moments to button ashing. Randomly twist and turn then button mash and repeat. They should have followed the skyrim or splinter cell model of lock picking. As for the board games, they are probably the best board games I have played that came packaged with a game. Classical games played during the era, that are really get you thinking. Which I personally applaud was a great addition to add. The biggest and probably the best feature they added was Naval Battles. The naval battles are truely phenominal. Infact its better then most naval battle games. You have control of your sails, movements and gun fire. It really makes you feel like a captain on the open seas.

City creation is one interesting feature added to the game. Where you get to manage your own little town and recruit a cast of characters to help you craft various items Now you can't decide who you want to choose, but each one does have a back story involved, with various relations with each other. Yet at this point it becomes a bit to obvious its just a port and not made for PC. As the crafting and trading menu's force you to go a very round about way to choose your items. So they didn't bother creating a more PC friendly UI. But its decent enough to get it to work.

Another interesting feature is hunting. You can track and hunt various animals for various parts. These parts can later be used to craft various items to be sold. Though surprisingly enough the value of the pelts are not related to the difficulty in catching it. Sound: [8]
    The music and environmental sound was top notch. The voice acting was a mix, some of the voices were done phenomenally. The others feel as if the person was just woken up in the middle of the night and told to read the lines. Final Synopsis.
    Assassin's Creed III adds a lot of great elements to the genre. Yet the game feels incomplete and rushed.If your an Assassin's Creed fan, you will more then likely enjoy it. If your just starting, this may not be the place to do so.
  4. Dec 30, 2012
    i would like to give this game a 6-7 but the climbing tree part of this game is downright broken and that's a big part of the game! it feels untested! so just because i can 0/10
  5. Nov 30, 2012
    This game gives me more and more new emotions with each part of the game! every chapter shows new gameplay, besides it has updated battle and acrobatic systems and updated graphic. AC3 absolutely perfect, and this is an eidos of the Assassin's Creed franchise as for me.
  6. Dec 10, 2012
    Pros
    -Great atmosphere and history
    -Amazing and humorous detail in the database -Fun combat -Incredible Naval Battles Cons -BORINGLY SLOW beginning of the game, spend 4+ hours as a different character and the boy version of Connor doing stupid fetch quests -Crap game economy, can go throughout the game without buying a thing -Heavy reliance on cutscenes, most of which are slow
    Pros
    -Great atmosphere and history
    -Amazing and humorous detail in the database -Fun combat
    -Incredible Naval Battles

Cons
    -Crap game economy, can go throughout the game without buying a thing
    -Heavy reliance on cutscenes, most of which are slow -Terrible replacement of building running with tree running, no longer fun to run atop of rooftops, because guards spot and kill you instantly
    -Relatively Bad U.I
    -TERRIBLE gun/throwing weapon controls

Overall, AC3 is a huge letdown in the AC series, and a disappointment to the stealth genre
  7. Jan 3, 2014
    Ok, let's start with the positive so we can clear this one out quickly the cut scenes are awesome. Done. Check.
    Now with the negative :
    Now with the negative :
    1. This is the most boring and clumsiest assassin you'll ever see in your life. This character I already forgot his name just to say is the total opposite of Ezio no charisma whatsoever, no substance, no facial resemblance with any of the glorious assassin family Desmond is the last heir of, boring voice and poor abilities. You can't get attached to such a dull character and have any fun using him. You just can't.
    2. All the Assassin's Creed games sucked me in from the very beginning of the story and glued me to my screen, wasting countless hours to make the scenario and characters progress. This one is so annoying, I have no interest in making anything progress and knowing what happened to the saga. I didn't even understand why Desmond ended up in the animus reenacting this stupid ancestor memories. Nothing's explained or makes sense. It's like, yeah whatever, just do it because well, it's an Assassin's Creed game so let's just milk the same cow again and issue a new episode of the series.
    3. The game-play has been revised for the worst. Listen Ubisoft, there's one golden rule in gaming and in programming in general: if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Don't. Just don't. Ever. Instead, you just frustrated millions of players who enjoyed so far the continuity of playing all Assassin's Creed games the same way but you also made it much worse by complicating for no reason a fluid interface with boring menus/sub-menus and counter-intuitive controls. This is an epic failure.
    4. The AI. Oh my! The AI is as equally retarded than it is deadly, depending on the time, the scenario and the situation. This is such a marker for a failed product to see the vast dichotomy between AI characters accepting you just vanished because you hid behind a barrel in their plain sight as it is when they accurately shoot you to near death when you're jumping from one roof to another, while alerting instantly every other patrols within a 50 miles radius around you.
    5. Gazillions of bugs everywhere. For everything. We're not talking about specific glitches in specific areas and such. Direct and obvious bugs like the character's cape going crazy and making him look like a ridiculous bat whenever climbing any tall structure. This is not something you can miss. Clearly, you haven't tested your product at all. Or if you have, you clearly have no respect for your customers in attempting to deliver any level of quality for your products. Let's just issue the damn thing and bang money as much as we can before they realize they bought a piece of crap. The fact that Ubisoft publicly told their customers they have no intention to fix any of the bugs, well I guess we all know now how they consider them (moooo!).
    6. Missions 90% of the time, I have no clue why I'm doing a mission or what I'm supposed to do. I just try random things until it seems that the mission progresses. The story is so botched that they didn't even try to provide explanations of why you're doing something in the game now.
    Overall, the whole thing feels very sour: the great saga that lasted for a decade now has been burnt to the ground by the greediness of Ubisoft executives in a clumsy attempt to milk their customers. From what I can read from gamers about AC IV, it's pretty much the same disaster. Guess what, won't buy it. Well, well done Ubisoft for shooting yourself in the foot and killing one of the greatest saga in gaming history.
  8. Jan 6, 2013
    Buggiest AC game EVER!!!
    Lacks the minor missions the previous AC's had.
    What I hate most about the game it is buggy -_- just WTF Ubisoft...
    Funny thing is another Ubisoft game is buggy aswell Heroes Might and Magic VI.
  9. Jan 12, 2013
    It may be good on a console but on a PC it is a complete rip-off. This is yet another bad port from UBIsoft (you'd think by now that I'd start to know better) to the point where I find the positive reviews suspect. The fact that the game is heavy isn't the point. The fact that even the most basic controls are barely functional is. The screen will say push "E" to pick up a musket and youIt may be good on a console but on a PC it is a complete rip-off. This is yet another bad port from UBIsoft (you'd think by now that I'd start to know better) to the point where I find the positive reviews suspect. The fact that the game is heavy isn't the point. The fact that even the most basic controls are barely functional is. The screen will say push "E" to pick up a musket and you can push that key until the cows come home and that musket will remain on the ground. The missions are kinda boring to be honest and the lack of save/load functionality means you will have to replay long boring sections of the game if you have any kind of life outside games and can't dedicate hours at a time to gameplay. Avoid this game on PC. Expand
  10. Jan 17, 2013
    This game came included with my order of a GTX 660 Ti and I must say it was simply a dog turd included in the box. The downloading process was painful. The DRM is total bull****. The framerate was craaaaap! Everything went to **** after the boat arrived in the town, city or whatever. 20 fps on high settings! Wtf! Why include a game with my graphic card that doesn't even run on it? How wasThis game came included with my order of a GTX 660 Ti and I must say it was simply a dog turd included in the box. The downloading process was painful. The DRM is total bull****. The framerate was craaaaap! Everything went to **** after the boat arrived in the town, city or whatever. 20 fps on high settings! Wtf! Why include a game with my graphic card that doesn't even run on it? How was Ubisoft allowed to sell this broken pile of hippopotamus dung? If a game is unplayable, it's just not worth playing. Ubisoft, you're blacklisted to me. Expand
  11. Feb 1, 2013
    When you make a game in 3D on consoles and then don't even bother to on PC there is undoubtedly something wrong with that picture. The game had been advertised as being 3D Vision Ready and yet it's an absolute mess in 3D on the PC version. It's an utter shame, when all the prior Assassin's Creeds worked so well in 3D Vision, to see such a work of art butchered in 3D for the PC version.When you make a game in 3D on consoles and then don't even bother to on PC there is undoubtedly something wrong with that picture. The game had been advertised as being 3D Vision Ready and yet it's an absolute mess in 3D on the PC version. It's an utter shame, when all the prior Assassin's Creeds worked so well in 3D Vision, to see such a work of art butchered in 3D for the PC version. Many current 3D gamers cut their teeth on 3D on consoles and have since moved on to 3D gaming on PC where it's more readily available and by far superior to console 3D. Yet, here we have the latest installment of the series that, because of devs laziness, isn't in 3D where it's far better suited. The average 3D gamer just doesn't want to play in 2D anymore, both of our eyes have been opened to the possibilities and we just don't want to go back. Expand
  12. Feb 9, 2013
    NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....
  13. Feb 24, 2013
    We should decide how we want to play, what we want to do... the game should only give directions, should not impose on what we have to do!!! This game could have 3d-vision support like it's predecessors, but it doesn't Disappointed!
  14. Nov 28, 2013
    I have played 24% according to the save menu. I don't think I can keep going. After a four hour intro, making me think I would be playing a character that I'm not, I am basically stuck playing a quicktime game, with a main character that has no body.

He is not an assassin, he is not interesting, the word is boring.

This game couldn't be worse.
  15. Apr 5, 2013
    There it is, assassins creed 3.. First of all, i thought the developers have learned from previous mistakes but it seems like the problems just further cemented.. When i arrived in boston i honestly thought there is something wrong with my pc.. Simply put i was stuttering my way through this game with a i5 2500k 16gb ram and a HD 6950 Seriously zero optimizations have been done, makingThere it is, assassins creed 3.. First of all, i thought the developers have learned from previous mistakes but it seems like the problems just further cemented.. When i arrived in boston i honestly thought there is something wrong with my pc.. Simply put i was stuttering my way through this game with a i5 2500k 16gb ram and a HD 6950 Seriously zero optimizations have been done, making this game a raw gem and yet the developers have done sh** to fix this problem yet it seems like they completely ignore it.. i would like to enjoy my product wich i have paid 50 bucks on on my pc wich i paid aprox 900 bucks for!!!! And now they keep on cra**ing out dlc´s and even announced AC4 Sorry, if they cant get this fixed first and keep ignoring the problem i pass on future titles from ubi... Expand
  16. Apr 5, 2013
    The game itself is actually pretty good, somewhere in between an 8.0 and 8.5. The problem is the poor optimization for PC’s. It’s not acceptable! I’m using an AMD 965 HD7970 (with newest drivers and game patch 1.04), yet I find my fps dropping to 15 while in Boston and similarly low in other populated/urbanized areas. Sigh
  17. Apr 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Starting at the top, this game's story completely destroys all of the fantastic work that the previous four games worked so hard to tell. Even if this game had no other flaws, and it most certainly does, the completely nonchalant way the entire main story is just thrown away like so much tiresome refuse is unforgivable and justifies the 0 rating. I'll stop short of spoilers here, but if you enjoyed Desmond's story save yourself the time and just avoid this game.

Beyond that, Connor has to be the least likeable protagonist in any game I have ever played. His bipolar personality swings wildly between angry, whiny, and aloof. He's completely self absorbed and only one point in the game does he give any indication of empathy and self reflection. He makes no attempt to appreciate or honor the creed, the history of the order, or the man that taught him the skills. And he just generally doesn't seem to "get" the assassins.

For instance, Altair and Ezio both practiced quick kills. Kills that are both efficient, which one needs when fighting multiple enemies, and humane. And while Ezio does add more flare, and hits, to his combos, they both respect the life they are taking, even if they don't respect actions of those they are killing. Connor does not. His combos are brutal barrages of strikes, roughly 10-15 total and nearly each one fatal all on its own, that are not only a tremendous waste of time but a disrespectful display of power and cruelty. Is it rewarding as a player? Sure, until you realize it runs completely counter to what the assassins are all about.

And even all of that is just the tip of the iceberg. There are TONS of bugs in the game. One of my favorites was entering the homestead to find THREE copies of Connor's mentor, one seated in the chair and two standing one behind the other. And then there's the craptastic wardrobe malfunctions near the end of Connor's story. The "stealth" is useless and inconsistent in this game, as many reviews have pointed out. Missions are tremendously linear, leaving only one path to achieve full sync. Even the iconic preview movie scene is probably entirely impossible. And even if it isn't, playing out the mission like that will fail the full sync objectives. The buildings are so far apart and the roofs so heavily occupied that rooftop running is practically dead in this game.

Recruiting assassins is completely borked, with many of the mission markers not showing up. But then, Connor treats everyone like crap, so who cares if you get recruits. Besides the linear nature of the missions, many of the main story missions are tedious at best and don't make a compelling case for how Connor would have been involved in these historic events.

I could go on and on, honestly. I haven't even touched on half of the issues raised by others. In fact, the only remotely enjoyable thing about this game was the naval mini-game. But then, it's so completely different from the rest of the game that it really just feels like it should be part of a different game. And even then, I literally had my ship run aground by a cut scene in one mission and lost a full sync objective by a cut scene in another mission. So even as amazing as they are, they were still mired by bugs.

But in the end, I just can't get over the way the ending was handled. Not just what the ending was, but how it was done. There were so many possibilities for this game to have the most amazing ending of any series I've ever played. All of the hard work was done, the build up was complete. And then this game comes along and flushes five games worth of story down the toilet. Disrespectful.
  18. Ndi
    May 2, 2013
    What a joke. After riling up users about a not-a-port PC game, this latest game is a disaster port. Poor use of resources, low performance, mediocre story from Connor on, "accurate" historical events that were then butchered on purpose.

And what's been shocking is that I liked AC1 and 2+all connected games. I though Revelations was great, in spite of what everyone said, because it was about assassins.

I've been watching most of the game on Youtube because my PC can barely run it, since I only have 4 overclocked cores and 2 video cards. Oh well, serves me right. For half of the game, I thought I was watching Skyrim, minus the dragons. Walk, talk, walk.

And the Desmond stuff.

I owe ME3 an apology.

Either play on a console, or run. Just run.
  19. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was looking for another open world game and decided to give ACIII a try. At first I really enjoyed it. Graphics are OK, it's ported to PC really good, production values are good. The story it pretty linear at first and sort of OK, so I stuck around waiting for the open world part to kick in.

But the game didn't get better, it got worse. And fast. Why? Because there is nothing really interesting to do. Or challenging for that matter.

Don't get me wrong the game can be hard. For example if you have to do a sneaking job and retry it until you memorize the movement of every f* guard in the vicinity. Or if you get killed for *some reason* after routinely fighting through countless enemies without a scratch.

But for the most part it is pretty easy and you walk around doing pointless things. Collecting feathers for whatever reason. Trading beaver pelts to get money you don't really need. Killing beavers and wondering if this or Far Cry 3 has more pointless animal killing. Doing boring side missions. Doing boring main missions.

Want an example? You obnoxious main character decides to assassinate some evil bloke and tries to find him by annoying everyone around him in some cutscenes. So walking around, cutscene.. Oh the English attack with the evil dude in command.
    Your job: ride around for 10-15 minutes and rouse some militia dudes. Exciting!
    Next: Watch a cutscene of the dudes you just roused (or whoever) get routed.
    Next: Ride to the next town on a timer. Great!
    Next: Watch a cutscene, this time being insulted by an even more annoying dude than you pc.
    Next: Defend some bridge by riding around and giving "fire" commands to some dudes. Wtf?
    Next: Watch cutscene getting explained that the evil dude you never tried to assassinate escaped and is now protected by so many soldiers that you have to.. bla bla bla.

Why call the game Assassin's Creed anyway?

I won't even start on side missions, which tend to be rather ludicrous. Like delivering mail. Or fighting ship battles that are usually over in under a minute.

Once again, it is not really a bad game, it is only boring, repetetive and the story is somewhere between stupid and annoying. Same as you main character.

*Spoiler*
    Don't get confused by the really cool character you play in the beginning, he just happens to be the plot twist. Might be one of the most disappointing feature in video game history.
  20. Jun 2, 2013
    This game is just the worst. The series has really taken a tumble. A number of times all I could think was "what were the developers thinking???". There are so many bad things and glitches with this game.The characters are not compelling and Conner is just a brat who tends to lose motivation half way through the game. They have messed with the fighting combat and although visually betterThis game is just the worst. The series has really taken a tumble. A number of times all I could think was "what were the developers thinking???". There are so many bad things and glitches with this game.The characters are not compelling and Conner is just a brat who tends to lose motivation half way through the game. They have messed with the fighting combat and although visually better it is far too simple. They discourage you from using the rooftops and most of the time it is easier to be Rambo than to seek around. You cannot run around the battlefields like in the trailer. The game play is linear with WAY too many cut scenes which tend to linger for way longer than required with awkward silent moments. The forrest and frontier setting is beautiful, but the cities are not exciting at all and a waste of time. Also the game has blinding white load screens which are not fun. I 100% regret buying this game but as a big fan of the rest of the series I had to see what happens to Desmond. Next time I will be watching the cut scenes on YouTube. Expand
  21. Jul 10, 2013
    the game is just purly the definition of awesomeness im not going to give it a 10 though because of a few things just little things that hold it back from being a perfect 10,
    1. the combat is good and finessed but it gets old after a while and a bet repetitive from time to time and ubisoft haven't made any patches to improve it
    2. the story has a REALLY bad ending im not going to say it
    2. the story has a REALLY bad ending im not going to say it because well its an ending but its not the greatest like mass effect 3 ending those are my only gripes with it really
  22. Jul 15, 2013
    Such a massive disappointment. Clunky controls, a set of unlikable characters and horrible mechanics really sum up a game that's too big for it's own good. The side missions, whilst numerous in amount, are pretty pointless and the main missions suffer at the hands of the control system. The mechanics initially seem like something that will become easier with the learning curve, but quicklySuch a massive disappointment. Clunky controls, a set of unlikable characters and horrible mechanics really sum up a game that's too big for it's own good. The side missions, whilst numerous in amount, are pretty pointless and the main missions suffer at the hands of the control system. The mechanics initially seem like something that will become easier with the learning curve, but quickly spiral into a comical cycle of "run, hit invisible barrier, be forced to lay waste to everyone, rinse and repeat." AC2 is by far and away, a much better title. Expand
  23. Sep 13, 2013
    Zero Optimization, impossible to play unless you have a 1.000+€ PC. When you reach the big city of Boston your FPS will fall to the 10-20 unless you have a graphic card worth more than 300 and even then your fps will fall to the 40-50, whats worse is that Ubisoft doesn't care as long as you have already paid...
  24. Oct 28, 2013
    Assassins Creed 3 is definitely not the best in the series. The graphics were average for 2011 but the gameplay is still good. Story line is predictable and just plain boring. There are annoying narrative scenes after a big mission that are just plain stupid. But the main problem with this game is the NPC logic. In battle with a lot of NPC (4-10) one will be attacking you while the othersAssassins Creed 3 is definitely not the best in the series. The graphics were average for 2011 but the gameplay is still good. Story line is predictable and just plain boring. There are annoying narrative scenes after a big mission that are just plain stupid. But the main problem with this game is the NPC logic. In battle with a lot of NPC (4-10) one will be attacking you while the others just stand their and watch. Once you kill him another attacks you and so on and so forth. If you go hide behind a wall right next to the battle the NPC will just totally forget about you and walk off. This games was poorly constructed. I would not recommend this game to anybody. I'm only giving this a one because of the good gameplay. Expand
  25. Oct 17, 2013
    unfortunately can not say anything good about it when it goes down when coming into the shop to buy weapons. the first mission upon reaching the ship at the start of the game
  26. Oct 26, 2013
    This game in an exercise in frustration, the worst AC game
    I have ever played, it is so horridly bug riddled, that you can't
    complete the side missions, and the other is so god-damn boring, that you don't want to anyways This is a truly atrocious title, that is best avoided at ALL COST unless you are a massive fan, and if you are, heed my call.. SKIP EVERY SINGLE SIDE
    This game in an exercise in frustration, the worst AC game
    I have ever played, it is so horridly bug riddled, that you can't
    complete the side missions, and the other is so god-damn
    boring, that you don't want to anyways

This is a truly atrocious title, that is best avoided at ALL COST
    unless you are a massive fan, and if you are, heed my call..

SKIP EVERY SINGLE SIDE MISSION/QUEST! Just do the main story
    you'll be much happier that way!
  27. Nov 27, 2013
    This is one of the reasons the Assassin's Creed saga should have ended already. It's a boring game with a boring combat system, a boring story and a sh**tty ending. God that ending. They could have done something right there but no, they decided to keep milking the story.
    I'm done with this saga.
  28. Oct 28, 2013
    A boring entry into a typically great series. Connor is mostly unlikeable and the story swings in all directions while Connor moves from obviously bad decision to obviously bad decision. Storyline is predictable and too much time is spent between forest and sea. Gameplay is typical but the environment is poorly developed making the mechanics feel clunky anywhere outside of the cityA boring entry into a typically great series. Connor is mostly unlikeable and the story swings in all directions while Connor moves from obviously bad decision to obviously bad decision. Storyline is predictable and too much time is spent between forest and sea. Gameplay is typical but the environment is poorly developed making the mechanics feel clunky anywhere outside of the city environments. The flash forwards back into the present with Desmond have become terrible, plain and simple. Expand
  29. Oct 31, 2013
    I really enjoyed the combat, graphics, and everything about the game with one exception: the plot and the time you spend out of the animus. The plot to this story is full of holes while you play as Conner and every time I had to waste time out of the animus, I tried to get back into the animus as quickly as possible. Just play the level where you climb the skyscraper again and askI really enjoyed the combat, graphics, and everything about the game with one exception: the plot and the time you spend out of the animus. The plot to this story is full of holes while you play as Conner and every time I had to waste time out of the animus, I tried to get back into the animus as quickly as possible. Just play the level where you climb the skyscraper again and ask yourself: who designed this? Hint: it has a garage door 200 stories high. Expand
  30. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unfortunately, this is the first Assassin's Creed game that I wasn't fully enjoying the whole time and frankly, found many passages to be boring and annoying. First of all, Haytham Kenway was an AWESOME character. Cunning, intelligent, sophisticated. Switching to that angry kid in the middle of the game was very disappointing. The story didn't make much sense to me either. Let me explain. Ezio, for example, had a motive, the people he was after killed his family. This douchebag? He just goes around killing templars that are actually doing GOOD things and haven't done anything that much wrong, helping people that are manipulating him and are the same, if not worse, than the Templars he's after. Killing his own father tops that all off. Sure, I get it, Connor is an assassin and they are Templars. But is he really that dumb that he can't see the relativity of the situation? He's helping people with certain interests kill people with different interests, but all he seems to see is "good" and "bad", not even trying to think about what he's doing and what a ridiculous little pawn he is. The idiocy of Connor really ruined the game for me.

Lets sum this up, a beautiful living world, fun combat, countless hours of gameplay.... all ruined by having to play as a complete fool who kills random people that he shouldn't care about and doesn't even know why. I'm still giving this game a solid 6, because it did bring some innovation to the already amazing AC franchise gameplay wise (naval combat, for example), but Connor and the story were an enormous let down (and the boring linear missions).
  31. Nov 10, 2013
    I'm an Assassin's Creed fan and I like very much AC2 and its story line, but this one is boring. The only one cool feature in this game is the ocean battles which it's pretty awesome.
  32. Dec 4, 2013
    Worst Assassins Creed ever, half the game is a fricken tutorial and it doesn't even give u a tutorial on the stuff you need a tutorial for like crafting, Going places takes forever and the historical inaccuracy of this game makes me mad. Don't bother buying this game unless u like spending 8 hours of game play on getting to the actually being able to play as the main character. This is aWorst Assassins Creed ever, half the game is a fricken tutorial and it doesn't even give u a tutorial on the stuff you need a tutorial for like crafting, Going places takes forever and the historical inaccuracy of this game makes me mad. Don't bother buying this game unless u like spending 8 hours of game play on getting to the actually being able to play as the main character. This is a horrible game. Expand
  33. Jul 25, 2013
    I can't believe assassin creed series would fall so far after reaching its heights in assassin creed 2 and brotherhood.......AC3 introduces a new hero but the storyline I think is one of the most boring in the series but at least better than AC revelations(yeah ...that was the worst)....The gun mechanics were not good to say the least and the fighting mechanics weren't as refined as theyI can't believe assassin creed series would fall so far after reaching its heights in assassin creed 2 and brotherhood.......AC3 introduces a new hero but the storyline I think is one of the most boring in the series but at least better than AC revelations(yeah ...that was the worst)....The gun mechanics were not good to say the least and the fighting mechanics weren't as refined as they were in AC2 and brotherhood...... Expand
  34. Dec 22, 2012
    This game started out so promising. I really enjoyed the storytelling in the beginning of the game. I think that Haythum is a much better character and a much better actor. Then middle of the game flounders along and never seems to gain any traction. The ending is terrible.

All the side missions, crafting, trading, and such do very little to enhance the game. Worse yet you have to finish or nearly finish the game before you can really see that stuff to the end. What's the point? Once the story is over I'm done. I'm not going to hang out in the frontier and craft sewing thread and buttons... Pretty disappointing. I thought Revelations was the series low but now I think AC3 has out done it.
  35. Apr 25, 2013
    One of the most poorly optimized games I've ever played. Running the game in the lowest settings possible yields no change whatsoever. Despite everything, I managed to slog through about 2/3rds of it. If you're expecting me to say that the game somehow makes the technical shortcomings all the worthwhile, prepare to be disappointed. The story is disjointed, and the gameplay; sluggish.One of the most poorly optimized games I've ever played. Running the game in the lowest settings possible yields no change whatsoever. Despite everything, I managed to slog through about 2/3rds of it. If you're expecting me to say that the game somehow makes the technical shortcomings all the worthwhile, prepare to be disappointed. The story is disjointed, and the gameplay; sluggish. Assassin's Creed was a complete chore to play. I held out as long as I can, but I ended up uninstalling it from my library prematurely and moved on. I suggest that you do the same as well. Expand
  36. Dec 1, 2012
    The single player part of the game is the best of all the AC series, the graphics are good even if sometimes the video clips are choppy, the storyline is very interesting, i say best part of the all, but lack in the open world part of the game, yes hunting is fun but limited to just few animals and only one hunting quest, attacking the rare convoys, and try to do a few tricks but get soonThe single player part of the game is the best of all the AC series, the graphics are good even if sometimes the video clips are choppy, the storyline is very interesting, i say best part of the all, but lack in the open world part of the game, yes hunting is fun but limited to just few animals and only one hunting quest, attacking the rare convoys, and try to do a few tricks but get soon pretty boring once you finish the storyline, there's just not enough to do once you're out of the 2 cities. but the very bad side of the game is the multiplayer part: same as in the previous games, only different maps and characters but the sad part is that previously you were able to gain points by fighting and personalize your characters while now fighting points are useless until you are willing to pay real money to get some other coins that you can use to get some gears or perks, very disappointed by the multiplayer game, greatly reduced my score. Expand
  37. Jun 25, 2013
    Terrible AI, game breaking control system (even on a gamepad it's dire) and absolutely terrible combat system. I've no idea how they managed to go so downhill from AC1.

Waste of time and money.
  38. Dec 28, 2012
    'I didn't know Zynga made themed boxed sets?' Having been a tragic fanboy of this series since way back at instalment #1, I found myself at a loss as to how to feel about this game. Even from the outset. YES they changed my beloved control setup, and YES the new animus interface is less intuitive than before. But then I wonder how many people would be whining about the lack of innovation'I didn't know Zynga made themed boxed sets?' Having been a tragic fanboy of this series since way back at instalment #1, I found myself at a loss as to how to feel about this game. Even from the outset. YES they changed my beloved control setup, and YES the new animus interface is less intuitive than before. But then I wonder how many people would be whining about the lack of innovation in the new title if everything had stayed the same in that regard. I don't think the writing is the problem, because from the outset I LOVED Haytham, and I found myself drawn in to Connor. He may be a bit of a blank slate, but I don't think he is an especially WOODEN one. No. What bugs me about this game didn't really hit me until just before: it's all the mini-games. Granted AC#1 had an exceptionally simple set-up, (triply so if you played it on a console), and the AC2 trilogy addressed this by adding additional things to do, a few mini-games, and some interesting one-time mechanics in the odd side-quest or story mission. I started to get wary of all the extra padding though in Revelations with the new territory mechanic, and the tower-defense game, but THANKFULLY they weren't necessary to the completion of the game. There was still enough assassination to get you through the game without having to worry about it. AC3 though. The mini games aren't mini games anymore. It's as though someone's taken all the content of SPORE and made us play all the stages simultaneously. In Brotherhood or Revelations I could send recruits out on a mission and so long as there were enough of them with enough skill, they would succeed. In AC3 if I send a wagon to market and it gets attacked I have to track it down and defend it or lose the shipment. What happens if I'd rather just stab people than play farmville? Then there's the Naval part of the game. Bloody brilliant, but I need LOTS of money to upgrade that boat of mine which means lots of grinding away at babysitting caravans doesn't it? I could always try my luck at gambling but the use of games common to the era means I can LEARN the rules but they will take a longer time to master well enough to consistently beat the AI and make it viable. So the problem has become one of time... and I don't have time to play Assassin's Creed: Farmville the way it wants to be played. To completion, grinding away my life behind a keyboard playing an imaginary man's dead ancestor. Even with all the extra mechanics the game was fine (I actually loved the new mechanic for opening fast-travel spots), fine that is right up until I had a house and harbour to get up to spec. Then the game slows right down becoming instead of a quest for vengeance, it's a quest to be the richest man in colonial america, in what I can ONLY assume is some ridiculous attempt to pad out an ALREADY long game. I'm assuming at least. The previous titles were all certainly long enough without farmville attached. Imagine if Bioware had decided to pad out ANY of the Mass Effect titles by forcing you to engage in a spotlight stealing mini-game (and I use the prefix MINI loosely in this context) between story missions just so you can survive the next one. The game is simply too complex, and not in any good way. The story is lost under acres of clutter and would be much better served by some simplicity. It's telling that the more complex these games have gotten, the less I have replayed them. I played the first Assassin's creed to death waiting for number 2, and it wasn't levelling up my reputation with the thieves guild or having a guild den in every major port on the Mediterranean that did THAT, it was the context-dependent combat and the flawless execution of a mission that kept me coming back. NOT wanting to see how many wagons full of lumber I could get running back and forth to market (okay maybe there were SOME flags involved...). Expand
  39. Aug 15, 2013
    This game bloody sucks, worst Assassin's Creed game and just bloody poor design overall.. The save system as with all the other is crap. In most of the missions you have to complete EVERYTHING, including the bonus synchronization tasks, in one go...in other words if you mess up just once you have to start the mission from the very beginning no matter how close you were to completing it,This game bloody sucks, worst Assassin's Creed game and just bloody poor design overall.. The save system as with all the other is crap. In most of the missions you have to complete EVERYTHING, including the bonus synchronization tasks, in one go...in other words if you mess up just once you have to start the mission from the very beginning no matter how close you were to completing it, THAT BLOWS. This game is also segmented more than the others, you keep getting cut back and forth between free roam and cut scene a lot which makes the flow disjointed and jerky. Also, the geometry and collision detection sucks as you will find yourself constantly getting stuck on the ground, or even things you're supposed to be able to climb. Horses get stuck in corners A LOT. Lots of random new game mechanics pop up at times too making gameplay feel inconsistent, things like quicktime events that all use different mechanics and that crap. As for sound and visuals and story this has all the Assassin Creed trappings except for the mechanics and gameplay..they suck. Mission save points suck, we need manual save, and the whole game interface, that animus layout interface sucks, it has ALWAYS sucked. Also, this game doesn't give you a clear idea of what you're supposed to do. Sometime you have NO idea what is supposed to be done. Other times they flash directions in the middle of the event as it's happening but it's too fast to read them so what to do when can be very confusing at times. This is a piss poor mess of bad gameplay, interface, clarity, saving. If it doesn't have to do with the visual appearance, sound, or story then it sucks. Expand
  40. Jul 7, 2013
    This is a bad game. Here's why:

STORYTELLING: While the plot and setting are interesting, the storytelling is very lazy and doesn't fit the game. For example, one early mission has you sneaking into enemy territory, getting past about half a dozen armed guards. After completing this and watching a cut-scene, you magically appear outside the danger zone. How did he get out? GAMEPLAY:
    This is a bad game. Here's why:

GAMEPLAY: This game is guilty of some serious "press the WIN button to WIN!" problems so combat is laughably easy. On "Normal" difficulty, a punch will kill an opponent where he stands while a riffle-shot to the player's face will take off an eight of your (regenerating) health bar.

GLITCHES and BUGS: I quit the game for the last time after my assassin jumped onto the wrong side of a ladder and climbed through the floor of the room above. This type of this should not happen in any game, let alone a major AAA title.

As a fan of Assassins Creed 2, I was very disappointed by this game. Get Batman: Arkham City instead!
  41. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III is pretty addictive and has nice graphics & sound but it's really buggy (much more than Assassin's Creed II). Those are annoying bugs where you sometimes can't take down the wanted poster, can't reach a treasure box because it's buried in the ground or you can go through closed gates. Not to speak of your horse getting stuck between trees. The graphics engine doesn'tAssassin's Creed III is pretty addictive and has nice graphics & sound but it's really buggy (much more than Assassin's Creed II). Those are annoying bugs where you sometimes can't take down the wanted poster, can't reach a treasure box because it's buried in the ground or you can go through closed gates. Not to speak of your horse getting stuck between trees. The graphics engine doesn't seem to be well optimized for AMD CPUs/GPUs. I have an FX-6300@4,5GHz and a Radeon HD 6870@985Mhz and sometimes frames per second drop to 25 FPS on full 1080p HD without any obvious reason i.e. at places where there is not much detail or in cities even on lowest quality settings. The game is sponsored by Nvidia so this might explain it. The sea battles are really a highlight of the game and could be even a stand alone game but they are not very well integrated in the story and overall gameplay. Overall I think the open world could be a bit more deep with more things to do, more houses to enter, more NPCs to talk to. More in the direction of a real RPG game. Expand
  42. Jan 26, 2014
    It's such a shame that Ubisoft decided to make Assassin's Creed a yearly release title. The result of that decision has slowly led to the demise of the franchise and AC III is the prime example of that. AC was once one of my favorite franchises, but now it has been reduced to a mere shadow of its former self. First, the pros: AC III has great character models, animations, and cutsences.It's such a shame that Ubisoft decided to make Assassin's Creed a yearly release title. The result of that decision has slowly led to the demise of the franchise and AC III is the prime example of that. AC was once one of my favorite franchises, but now it has been reduced to a mere shadow of its former self. First, the pros: AC III has great character models, animations, and cutsences. That's about it for pros. The cons:
    The setting is great, but it just doesn't work for an AC game. Remember when this franchise was about sneaking around and stabbing people? Yeah, not anymore. Now you get guns and are constantly expected to fight through hordes of enemies. AC needs to go back into history and stop coming to more recent time periods or it will further destroy the franchise. The gameplay itself has been revamped and now it's worse than before. Combat isn't nearly as fluid or fun as it once was. The game holds your hand for over 4 hours of playtime as it shows you tutorials for things that you will never do throughout the game. IT showed me how to hunt, but not what the purpose of hunting is. It showed me how to craft things and sell items, but i never had more than $4000 in my wallet during the entire game. Remember when the story was the focus of the AC games? The story hasn't made sense for several games, but now it is worse than ever. I had no idea what was going on in the present day Desmond storyline and if i wasn't student of American military history i'd have no idea what was going on in the historical Connor storyline either. The missions are boring and repetitive, the open world is useless as i never felt compelled to explore and i'm usually the person who would go through the entire game intending to get 100% sync by finishing every optional objective, obtaining every collectible and so forth. But this game was so boring i couldn't bring myself to even attempt that. On top of all this, the game is absolutely riddled with bugs and glitches. Every single mission had a problem with it somewhere. Whether it was a mission breaking bug where i couldn't continue, clipping issues, or the part where every time i open my accounting book to manage my property, the game would freeze and i'd have to shut down the process with task manager. SO much for that part of the game! Guess i'll never be able to upgrade my house! AC II is a complete travesty. Casual games looking for a fix and die hard AC fans alike should steer far clear of this disgusting game.
  43. Jan 5, 2013
    As an AC fan this one has turned out as a disappointment.

Worst enemy AI hands down: Whether it's having an enemy go into full alert mode while I'm still down the road approaching from behind or having them give up chasing me the moment I run behind a tree 2 feet away, the enemy AI is terrible/buggy, and really hurts the immersion factor of the game. Story cuts all over the place:
    As an AC fan this one has turned out as a disappointment.

Worst enemy AI hands down:

Story cuts all over the place:
    It's seems it was more important to the creators to stick Connor into every significant moment from 18th century American history and then cram them all into a game, rather than have a cohesive well developed story. The pace is terrible and motives or rationalisations of the characters are quite poor. Unfortunate that this was the conclusion to Desmond's story.

Undeveloped game elements:
    First AC game where I couldn't stand completing all the side objectives. At certain points in the game you'll click into your map only to find it littered with confusing icons, that, if you had never played an AC game before, you'd have no idea what was going on. Having owned and played every AC game myself, I was still confused. The assassination side missions and delivery missions are so trivial and pointless, their only purpose seems to purpose is to get you to run across the map a couple of times. Less would have been so much more in this case. Why put all these side elements into the game at all if they're just going to be trivial and pointless - just leave them out!

So many bugs...
    Want to weapon steal a sword in combat, only to find that you can't put it down and this ugly sword is attached to you for the rest of the game? Ever been surrounded by 5 enemies only to find your gun has randomly disappeared completely? Enjoy seeing dying enemies bizarrely squashed flat and then sucked into the vacuum of space? This game does that and so much more...

Ultimately, this game is aesthetically looks great. The artistic design is spot on Connor's movement throughout the world is slick. Unfortunately everything else seems rushed, sloppy or underdeveloped and unpolished. It is these elements that are omnipresent with the game that ultimately kills what should have been the most innovative AC to date. Terribly Unfortunate.
  44. Dec 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is far from downright awful, but still lacking something the previous instalments had. On a good rig, graphics look really good. The art is amazing (ships, houses, the whole atmosphere). I think the game is a bit too long for its own good. Trade system is quite forgettable: after a while you've bought everything and It becomes useless. Same goes for crafting. Most of the items you create are meant for trade, so it's all back to square one. There are some bugs here and there: most of them are quite annoying (items not working, losing your whole stock of tools at the beginning of each new sequence). What bothers me most is the drastic change in gameplay. Stealth isn't the best option anymore and once you've been spotted, the best way out is to kill everyone around. Indeed, the AI will chase you on very long distances and the number of places where you can hide has been significantly lowered, to the point that you can't hide on roofs anymore (which makes ground the best option when fleeing...) The beginning of the story was enjoyable, but it drags at the end. The ending is laughable, as bad as it gets: compared to that, mass effect 3's ending was a true diamond... Weapons are unbalanced, most of them are not even worth buying. You don't even see any real difference between them. Armor is gone. The whole sense of progression has been kind of raped. Secondary objectives to reach 100% synchronization add a bit of difficulty but don't reward you for completing them. Just like the other episodes, there's no replayability value, but that was expected. I'm not too much of a multiplayer type of gamer, so I haven't quite tested that yet: so far it looks like brotherhood's and revelation's multiplayer with a few new features.

- All in all -

Pros: graphics, naval warfare, part of the story, animations.
    Cons: modified gameplay, unbalanced items, bland side quests, lack of freedom in most missions, ending.
  45. Apr 5, 2014
    What the hell was Ubisoft thinking when they made this game? Every game in the series thus far has been enjoyable despite their flaws, and if you were given an objective, you were usually given the means to actually do that objective. It seems that in this one, they've decided to completely forgo giving you ANY of the slightest conveniences for getting a 100% synch, MAYBE adding in aWhat the hell was Ubisoft thinking when they made this game? Every game in the series thus far has been enjoyable despite their flaws, and if you were given an objective, you were usually given the means to actually do that objective. It seems that in this one, they've decided to completely forgo giving you ANY of the slightest conveniences for getting a 100% synch, MAYBE adding in a distant haystack or something during missions that require stealth. I don't think they quite understood that difficulty also has to be fun. It seems like they'd rather have you constantly replay the same mission with poorly-placed checkpoints until you simply go insane and destroy your computer.

Now that I've finished that little rant, on to more "important" issues with the game, like its ABSURD amount of glitches. It feels like every time Connor actually manages to shimmy and waddle to the place I want him to, I find disappearing people, things stuck in walls, floating objects, etc. It really feels like I'm playing an early beta build or something. It's just not excusable. In addition to all of this, as I've pointed out before, the already somewhat lacking stealth system found in previous games in the series has been even further reduced when you really need it. Coupled with the fact that guards now have sharper vision and alertness than eagles (Except for the times when they don't seem to see ANYTHING, which is rare), this really gets to be a frustrating problem.

I could go on and on about how utterly flawed the game is, but I'm tired, I'm frustrated, and I'd really like to stop thinking about all of these flaws. So lets look at the positives of this game: It looks breathtakingly beautiful, and it's pretty obvious that a lot of attention to detail was given to visuals. Every environment, every animation, every creature... it all looks very believable. Until, that is, you notice that bear that got stuck in a rock and can't do anything about it but spasm.
    And... well, that's pretty much all I found enjoyable.
  46. Jan 18, 2013
    Amazing graphics but cutscene after cutscene after cutscene after cutscene just destroyed what should have been a great game. Have played and enjoyed all the series but I am forcing myself to carry on to the end of this one. Less then half way there and I don't think I can take another guess what! ya a cutscene. What a pity.
  47. Jan 4, 2013
    Game is rather dull and the character is not as charismatic as Ezio. Most of the time you will spend on the ground since there are not many rooftops to run on. The tree climbing is pretty linear compared to buildings... This is probably the most boring AC game I played so far. I uninstalled the game half way and watched the crappy ending on Youtube.
  48. Jan 2, 2013
    I really hope Ubisoft will take note of the feedback this game receives. It would be a big shame if they didn't do a better job on the next one, because this is one the best gaming franchises ever made and, even after almost putting my boot through the PC display plenty of times while cursing in ways I didn't know I could, I still enjoyed it and it's still Assassin's Creed.
    Unfortunately,
    Unfortunately, it's a fine example of a hunt for profit by doing an "almost half-assed" job, to quote PC Gamer, by making some bad decisions like releasing it with a LOT of glitches and bugs (which prevent 100% completion!!!), having some totally cryptic and counter-intuitive mission design (as in: knowing what you need to do), and bloating it with extra features that are out of context and sometimes ruin the experience. But then, what else is new. It seems we're living in an age where the big companies are either happy with the initial money they make for some unfinished, crap quality products, or are putting stuff out there knowing that it's unfinished, because people will still buy it, and when the patches start rolling out to make the game what it should have been, people are all like "oh thank you!". And I'm not talking about the studios, we should know better than attacking them: it's a huge industry and it's full of sharks. But I digress.
    Here are my personal opinions:

PROS: - the naval battles - the underground (although it's very uneventful, it still feels so cool) - the upgraded fighting mechanics
    CONS:
    - setting is boring
    - Connor is boring
    - optional objectives are often hard to read in all the commotion and I couldn't find a way to review them after the pop-up fades, besides restarting the checkpoint all over again
    - optional objectives vary from "accidentally did it" to "lost 2h retrying it 27 times and I want to die now"
    STUPID AND MORONIC (yes, I'm frustrated):
    - chasing those f***ing pages
    - losing control of the camera when enemy ships are spotted often made me crash into rocks/ships/whatever and restart the whole damn thing OR interrupted a shot just when I was about to fire
  49. May 14, 2013
    All the other negative user reviews have pointed out all the flaws and bugs etc., so I'll just point out something else which is bad in the series. By they way, the critic reviews are paid off, no doubt.
    I completed the main story not making side missions (a few, max) and I explored just a little. Most of the time I just fast traveled everywhere or just rode straight from point A to point B. The game completion says "20 hours" in Steam, and my synchronization-% is 38. The main story is 38% of the game, maybe a little less. Rest of the game consists of vague side missions that simply aren't interesting to play. I don't feel like wasting 35 hours doing some deliveries etc.
    Also the accounting system is horrible. I didn't do anything related to the manor economy, and had more than enough money to spend. Who the wants to spend time sending some wagons to export some material to don't-know-where to get 20 bucks? It was absolutely horrible, didn't even try to understand use that... thing. Totally unneccessary. In AC:B the Monteriggioni repairs and stuff at least made sense and you felt like "I need to do this, it's my home town." or something.
    Too much time is spent to travelling. Way too much.
    Another things:
    1.) I have no idea what the Almanac Pages were for. Didn't give a ***t so didn't collect them.
    2.) I didn't buy anything from the stores. I didn't even find any stores in the cities every now and then when I tried. All the weapons I used were hidden blades, tomahawk and sword. I didn't even feel that I had a need for other weapons. I also don't have a clue if you could get better armor or so... Connor was pretty much immortal anyway: 10 sword hits and still standing.

I'm also a huge AC-fan, but in this game all I wanted to do was to get the main plot through as fast as possible, and ignore the uninteresting side missions.

About the "real world", outside the animus:
    1.) The plot was totally f****d in AC:R with the god-sh*t and ridiculous 2012-apocalypse-sh*t.
    2.) In AC3 the plot has gotten very, very lame, and there will be trouble ending it all in a way that makes sense and isn't stupid.
    I hope the series end in AC4. It should've ended in revelations, no doubt. It has gotten mainstream like Tomb Raider and has nothing new to offer. It all just smells like moneymaking and Ubisoft being unable to let go of something that's their number 1 profit while they should.

The best possible plot in AC-series would've been that after AC:B Ubisoft would've made an AC game that's located in real world in the present, and the Assassin's would've fought against the Abstergo company and defeated them for good. No paranormal/supernatural rubbish involved. There would've been 4 games in the series, and that's it. No more.

It's hard to write a solid review, because so much things pop up in my mind that needs to be said, and this text box is so damn small.
  50. Jun 29, 2013
    Worth Assassin's Creed game ever!
    Boring story boring characters boring game world...
    biggest disappointment in 2012 for me
    You shouldn't spend your money and time on it.
  51. Jun 26, 2013
    I loved AC, big cities with tall buildings, difficult to reach watchtowers, difficult and stimulant puzzles, mazes, etc. Well, this game disappointed me a lot, i thing it's the worst AC i played, the only good thing i see are the graphics
  52. Jan 27, 2013
    A game that just doesn't stand up to the hype. Assassin's Creed 3 is slow to start up and drags its tail throughout the rest of the game. The music is highly unremarkable, notably so during segments between missions, where you are supposed to look for the bits and bobbles scattered around (feathers and viewpoints, mostly) as no music plays at all. The dead silence dulls the game and givesA game that just doesn't stand up to the hype. Assassin's Creed 3 is slow to start up and drags its tail throughout the rest of the game. The music is highly unremarkable, notably so during segments between missions, where you are supposed to look for the bits and bobbles scattered around (feathers and viewpoints, mostly) as no music plays at all. The dead silence dulls the game and gives it a very tedious feel. Connor is incredibly bland as a character. His motives are very unclear, and his lack of characterization might as well place him as a silent protagonist. A definite step down from the wonderful Ezio (in 2 and Brotherhood).
    The only thing that really saves AC3 is its attention to detail, as it has thousands of location-specific animations and beautiful scenery (as long as you aren't in the underground tunnels, where quite a bit of pixelization and color messups reside).
    Would not recommend. If you want the best game in the series, play Assassin's Creed 2.
  53. Aug 30, 2013
    When i played just 5 hours of this game i gave it a 9. I made a terrible mistake, this game is not that good. It has indeed a good story, and the Naval missions are the Jewel of the Crown. But the game is broken, the parkour elements are Broken, the Battles are way too simple, different weapons means nothing in this game. The best thing of the game, the naval missions, are so few in theWhen i played just 5 hours of this game i gave it a 9. I made a terrible mistake, this game is not that good. It has indeed a good story, and the Naval missions are the Jewel of the Crown. But the game is broken, the parkour elements are Broken, the Battles are way too simple, different weapons means nothing in this game. The best thing of the game, the naval missions, are so few in the story mode, that you can count in one hand's fingers. I am relieved that Blackflag's focus is on Piracy, i really hope they learn from their mistakes, Assassin's Creed is an awesome franchise. Expand
  54. May 24, 2013
    This isn't really as good as the other ones, because of the main character and the story, but the inovations that they added were good for the most part. Not as good as the otheres but still fun and DAT multiplayer is pretty damn good.
  55. Nov 23, 2012
    if you are not an assassins creed fan boy I think this game want change your mind
    but you have do give credit to the game for the great effort and the big story behind it.
    the graphics are not bad so is the music and the little details are great.
    i think if you liked Previous assassins creed you will enjoy this one the most .
  56. Oct 22, 2013
    Ok, so, first of all, this was one of the most expected games in 2012. Everyone expected incredible graphics, amazing storyline, fighting mechanics, and other worth-buying innovations. They achieved the graphics, because they are incredible. The fighting mechanics are good too. The storyline- Mehh.
    I didn't enjoyed a lot playing it. I mean, it's not that I hate it or nothing, but, I guess it wasn't something out of this world. I give it a 6.
  57. Nov 28, 2012
    Great gameplay, I do love naval combat. Not linear mission, confusing for beginner. Not last, What happening with the desmond face?and connor face from youngster to adult is not the same! hahaha
  58. Dec 2, 2012
    伴随着刺客信条3的到来,我终于坚定地删除了硬盘中的刺客信条前几作,刺客大师艾吉奥传奇的一生已经结束,伴随着刺客信条3的到来,我终于坚定地删除了硬盘中的刺客信条前几作,刺客大师艾吉奥传奇的一生已经结束,余烬中垂垂暮年的他再也无法神勇的战斗,最后安详并且宁静的逝于佛罗伦萨。

虽然我怀念于艾吉奥奔跑在文艺复兴时代的潇洒身影,但刺客信条系列并没有结束,新的一作,新的主角,英国人与印第安人生下的混血儿
  59. Dec 2, 2012
    This game really good about graphics also playability and action. Like a all serious. But last version so that it is given the score. And of source music is good.
  60. Dec 3, 2012
    I couldn't get over the first frontier mission in Lexington. I didn't get to the Connor part, they killed my motivation well before that...I was so bored by the city of Boston...no side quest, no shop, no money, nothing to do outside the story. Where are the RPG elements in AC anymore ? The new fighting engine is simpler, but the weapon switching is a mess. I see this game as a dump downI couldn't get over the first frontier mission in Lexington. I didn't get to the Connor part, they killed my motivation well before that...I was so bored by the city of Boston...no side quest, no shop, no money, nothing to do outside the story. Where are the RPG elements in AC anymore ? The new fighting engine is simpler, but the weapon switching is a mess. I see this game as a dump down version, for the little kids of 15-16 who never played AC before. But for those who did played AC before, it's just another bad follow up since AC2. They just keep breaking it, further and further. When you dilute your Kool-aid too much, there is a point when it doesn't taste like kool-aid anymore...AC 3 feels just like that. Expand
  61. Dec 7, 2012
    I love the Assassin's Creed series, but this game was like a huge kick in the balls for me. I was extremely excited when I heard they were (finally) moving Assassin's Creed to America but I expected much more. After doing absolutely nothing to improve the game from Brotherhood to Revelations they decided to keep everything they did before except smaller buildings and a larger free-roamI love the Assassin's Creed series, but this game was like a huge kick in the balls for me. I was extremely excited when I heard they were (finally) moving Assassin's Creed to America but I expected much more. After doing absolutely nothing to improve the game from Brotherhood to Revelations they decided to keep everything they did before except smaller buildings and a larger free-roam map. The thing that really pissed me off was the crappiest intro known to man. If you want to know exactly how to make people not want to play your game. Make the intro on a boat while teaching them to do everything they learn by playing the game anyways. Hats off to the creators of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Hats back on (and a few boo's) to the creators of Assassin's Creed 3. Expand
  62. Dec 11, 2012
    I really don't recommend buying this game full price, maybe buying cheaper, but for $ 60,00, it isn't worth this price. The game is unfinished, they wasted too much time on the engine and graphics, so there wasn't money and time left for adding, you know? Gameplay. The missions are linear, scripted, short, and unchallenging, even Assassins creed I is better than this game and I hatedI really don't recommend buying this game full price, maybe buying cheaper, but for $ 60,00, it isn't worth this price. The game is unfinished, they wasted too much time on the engine and graphics, so there wasn't money and time left for adding, you know? Gameplay. The missions are linear, scripted, short, and unchallenging, even Assassins creed I is better than this game and I hated Assassins Creed I. The side activities are pointless, I got bored very quickly when I discovered that most side missions required of me to watch two or more loading screens, walk half the map to just beat a random dude or to do a simple fetch quest to some generic NPC. The game is just a big interactive movie, the story is decent, but is no way as good as assssin's creed II . I really don't understand, why Ubisoft want to turn all their games into interactive movies. Do you like interactive movies? Buy Walking dead instead (the story is way better and its cheaper too). Do you like open world games? Better games for you: Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Read Dead Redemption. Do you really want to buy an assassins creed game? Buy assassins creed II (it's still a game an not an interactive movie, will not bore you to death with endless cutscenes, the story is way better). Really want to buy this game? Better wait for a steam sale. If you buy this game for $ 60,00, you are just wasting your money and if this game sales are good, I fear for the future of the franchise. Expand
  63. Mar 28, 2013
    I don't see how people can hate this game with such fury. This certainly wasn't my favorite AC, but it was better than ACR and it holds up. The only controls that are changed are the sprinting and blocking/parry mechanic. I liked Connor a lot, and the game had interesting characters. The only downside I believe would be the pacing, but in the sense of having so much to do at once, not theI don't see how people can hate this game with such fury. This certainly wasn't my favorite AC, but it was better than ACR and it holds up. The only controls that are changed are the sprinting and blocking/parry mechanic. I liked Connor a lot, and the game had interesting characters. The only downside I believe would be the pacing, but in the sense of having so much to do at once, not the main storyline. The Infamous glitches everyone talks about aren't happening to me at all, but it may just be the fact I play on a PS3. Anyway, great game. Expand
  64. Dec 22, 2012
    Assassin's creed III may have a few faults but it makes the original look like a pile of crap. And since the first Assassin's Creed was pretty damn good, that should tell you something about AC3.
  65. Dec 25, 2012
    The game was lots of fun to play, but still falls short of it's predecessor, AC2, despite turning things around a bit from the downward spiral that was Brotherhood and Revelations. While it removes the poorly instated novelties that seemed there for only for the sake of novelty, it's not the game I wish it was. The overhaul of the combat mechanics was refreshing, and the open worldThe game was lots of fun to play, but still falls short of it's predecessor, AC2, despite turning things around a bit from the downward spiral that was Brotherhood and Revelations. While it removes the poorly instated novelties that seemed there for only for the sake of novelty, it's not the game I wish it was. The overhaul of the combat mechanics was refreshing, and the open world movement seems more fluid now, but the team cannot seem to build controls that are fully functional with a keyboard mouse interface. The mouse-look movement was sporadic and inconsistent, and the lack of customization, and keys that are used for more than one function are consistent with a poorly ported console title.

The story was garbage, and obviously pandering to a patriotic U.S. market. It could have been a beautiful tragedy of the day the Assassins started to lose their fight, moving them to where they are today. Instead it is drivel about one man almost single handedly building the new world and killing elk.
  66. May 30, 2013
    homestead missions are tedious, you have to do the homestead missions in a spesific sequence. the item crafting it's good but send convoys to trade them it's crap.
  67. Apr 8, 2013
    as for the boring beginning the firtts gameplay is great really great,
    nice combat moves and graphics buts thats about it as for you progress you se that youre enemys wil counter you counters and you have no way to kill them before the others schoot you like a dummy
    as for the missions yea read others critics there pretty much the same on that i loved the game until i got further and
    as for the boring beginning the firtts gameplay is great really great,
    as for the missions yea read others critics there pretty much the same on that
    i loved the game until i got further and so its become a dissapointment and fails at its core for what it is entertaiment as i begain to play the against enthusiasm and removed from my pc a waste
  68. Jan 3, 2013
    As a hardcore Assassin's Creed fan, this game was a huge disappointment compared to the others. The story-line in this game is alright, and the naval combat is quite good, however many things from the other Assassin's Creed games have been dumbed down, or completely taken out. This game almost felt completely different compared to the others.
  69. Jan 20, 2013
    I may not know the whole story of ac3 , cuz this is my first ac game . It is great the player understands what thing you want to do (climbing a building killing a soldier etc) the control is fluent and the graphics just blew my mind a GREAT GAME!
  70. Feb 5, 2013
    Besides Brotherhood on the PSP, this was my first Assassin's Creed game. My friends who owned it on Xbox a month earlier continually talked about it. Hopeful for its success, I decided to pick a copy up. The game itself is gorgeous and fairly large (in comparison to my Brotherhood experience). However by the end of the game, I was beginning to hate Desmond, Connor, and Washington. TheirBesides Brotherhood on the PSP, this was my first Assassin's Creed game. My friends who owned it on Xbox a month earlier continually talked about it. Hopeful for its success, I decided to pick a copy up. The game itself is gorgeous and fairly large (in comparison to my Brotherhood experience). However by the end of the game, I was beginning to hate Desmond, Connor, and Washington. Their personalities got on me and I felt like it wasn't even worth it to progress through the story. Also, the story itself is extremely short, as I completed it and all the homestead missions in 21 hours, not even in a rush. Overall, this would be a good rent due to its extremely short plot, but definitely left me with an experience to remember. Expand
  71. Feb 14, 2013
    It's a very well made game, although it has its flaws. The story kind of sucks, it feels like it's rushed, there are many bugs and graphical glitches that ruin the experience and the missions are too linear. It's pretty long, I've completed it 100 in 40+ hours so there's definitely a lot to do. I think it's heavily underrated by fans and critics, it definitely deserves an higher overall score.
  72. Mar 29, 2014
    Assassin's Creed 3 still managed to retain the awesome storytelling of all previous AC titles. Aside from some bugs and optimisation issues in this game, this game is extremely fun and enjoyable.

Breaking off with everything related to the whole Ezio/Altair story, Desmond Miles uncovers the past of ancestors, Connor Kenway (Ratonhnhakaton) and his father, Edward Kenway. The best

The best title in the series, rich in content, Tyranny of King Washington DLC is phenomenal.

Play length is about 30-35ish hours.
  73. Feb 20, 2013
    WORST game i ever played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  74. Feb 23, 2013
    This... Is a very bad game.

This... Is a very bad game.

The AC franchise has been losing much of its challenge since the second game. Now, in the series' fifth game, everything is so easy it feels like a joke. Enemies can be instantly killed by counter attacks which may be followed by single-hit kills on almost all nearby enemies; to make it even worse, now a big red icon flashes over an enemy when he's about to attack, allowing for perfect counters and thus making combat mostly a quick time event.

Moving around has been made easier, too now running is under a "safe mode", in which the playable character will automatically run and leap through the available path, avoiding jumps that would make him fall. Platforming sequences are, thus, a joke just hold the running key and forward, and the character will automatically progress to the next area.

I understand this change it's a way to deal with the lack of precise controls which has always plagued the franchise. It's the wrong way to deal with it, too instead of giving better controls, removing the need for them is basically throwing the baby with the water. Somewhat ironically, controls for everything else were actually made worse. The intriguing interface mirroring each key to a specific body part has been completely removed, and replaced by having two keys doing most actions, often overlapping them. Dual assassinations are even less precise now, and jumping, in the few moments it's needed, is the clumsiest it has ever been.

Even the basics of the AC franchise have been made worse. Viewing points don't reveal the entire map around them anymore, and many of them are exactly the same. Navigating above the ground has been made worse by having trees following very specific paths, so they are of very limited utility, and having buildings far from each other so jumping through them is often not doable. Side missions have been reduced to literally fedex quests or just killing a random, unnamed enemy standing around no story, no special circumstance to each killing, nothing. Even voice acting, which had always been brilliant in the franchise, takes a hit as the main character speaks with a monotone voice that remains as the voice of a teenager while he grows older in the game.

The setting is also lacking in comparison to the other games. The first Assassin's Creed was somewhat revolutionary by, despite having the September 11 attacks still fresh in memory, portraying the protagonist as a follower of Islam fighting against a mostly Western organization, and doing so with respect. While Ubisoft avoided the trap of denigrating a different culture, in Assassin's Creed 3 they fall for the opposite sin, by overstating the virtues of the American culture. Having one of the first interactive conversations in the game being a very long dialogue about how Benjamin Franklin was a very successful womanizer was only the first sign of the hubris America is portrayed with.

To make things worse, while graphic quality is huge the sea in the first sequences was incredibly beautiful, perfectly realistic the world is actually ugly. Boston is dominated by the same pastel colors everywhere, in a sharp contrast to Veneza in AC2. The Frontier looks the same in all its areas. NPCs and enemies have no variation.

Compounding the issue, the user interface on the PC is horrible, clearly a bad console port. The map requires the use of two different cursors, instead of simply allowing us to click on map markers, and more than once simply got stuck. Menus are horrible: they have been split on a "tab" menu and a "esc" menu for no reason, often do not respond to mouse clicks, sometimes fail to work with the mouse wheel, are a pain to close, and so on. Some of the interfaces are so bad, and so badly optimized for the PC, that not only they sometimes bug but also ruin entire additions to the game, such as the crafting system.

This is a recurrent issue within the game: there have been many new additions to gameplay... And nearly all of them are bad. Most consist of doing menial activities over and over, like hunting or selling goods through convoys; those things feel like shores, notsomething fun. The only fun addition are the naval missions, but even those become repetitive very soon. And despite new systems, there are very few tutorials explaining how they work in game. So my wagon is under attack and I need to go defend it? Sure, but where is it? Why doesn’t the game explain that those convoys are only visible within one map?

Simply said, there is nothing fun in this game. Stealth is completely meaningless, while it should have been the focus of the franchise. Combat and movement have been made so easy they are jokes now. Side missions have been replaced by empty grind. The setting is ugly, as well as bland. The user interface is horrible. I honestly could not make myself to play this game beyond sequence 7... And watching the end, it's a disappointment. Like everything else.
  75. Mar 8, 2013
    Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap. Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap. Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap. Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap.
  76. Jun 14, 2013
    that's a pretty good game and one great to the series the graphics are great and the gameplay is awesome story as well is really good to me this is the best AC in combat so far but not the best one in the whole series
  77. Apr 14, 2013
    I love the story, the characters, the world they have created of the colonies is wonderful... But it appears they have bitten off more than they can chew at ubisoft. The game play is mediocre at best, and buggy at worst. I usually aim to get completion of these games, but I found myself just barreling through to get the story, and then uninstalling once it was complete. The fact of theI love the story, the characters, the world they have created of the colonies is wonderful... But it appears they have bitten off more than they can chew at ubisoft. The game play is mediocre at best, and buggy at worst. I usually aim to get completion of these games, but I found myself just barreling through to get the story, and then uninstalling once it was complete. The fact of the matter is the bugs over ride the fun in the game and just make much of it a chore to complete. It feels as though this game could have used another 6 months in development just getting the issues worked out. Sad.
    I want to love it, but its just so...... meh.
    I can only hope ubisoft reworks their game play mechanics for the next version.
  78. Jul 28, 2013
    I'm seriously impressed by the polish of this game, I'll give it that. The cinematics, voice acting and including real history is impressive. I'm three hours into the game, I'm falling asleep. I'll try to give this game a chance, hopefully it's the slowest start in history of games, I'll put in an hour or so more. If I was someone that has never played this series, I would beI'm seriously impressed by the polish of this game, I'll give it that. The cinematics, voice acting and including real history is impressive. I'm three hours into the game, I'm falling asleep. I'll try to give this game a chance, hopefully it's the slowest start in history of games, I'll put in an hour or so more. If I was someone that has never played this series, I would be impressed. For someones who has played the previous games, it seems like I'm doing the same repetitive quests and tasks I was in the previous game. Such a shame, so much unfulfilled potential Not sure how they can release a forth iteration, I think this series is out of steam. Expand
  79. Apr 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't care much for graphics as it's game play and story I'm after, so I won't make much if a point of the game looking nice. Haven't had enough time to get into this game properly but I'm already bored. After about an hour of 'game play' I've been forced to watch close to 16 cut scenes (which I can skip if I like...so I'll miss the story). I've only actually moved my character for about 10-15 minutes. "Perhaps this will improve" I thought. I closed it after trying my first sword fight not allowed to stab with my sword oh no. You must throw your first foe repeatedly into barrels, even when disarmed and on the floor. Perhaps an in-game training exercise? I also thought the first climbing scene in the theatre was a bit daft hanging from balconies in a tiny room in clear view of everyone. Very stealthy.... Expand
  80. Apr 15, 2013
    Well, still the same like Part1. Nothing special. A cool setting, indeed, but that´s all. No improvements in Gameplay, the stroy isn´t lame but also not great.
  81. Apr 25, 2013
    This game could be a 9/10 instead my best rating for it is6 and that's because i am a fan of AC games.
    I liked the story and the graphic but these issues with lag in Boston or AI being retarded ruined it for me.
  82. Apr 29, 2013
    As a long time fan of the assassins creed game series, i was seriously disappointed with this game, while the graphics and physics were great and i have to admit the premise of the game sounded very intriguing. it just didn't play out that well at all. The game has many bugs and glitches that make game play rather annoying at times but as these have been covered in many other reviews iAs a long time fan of the assassins creed game series, i was seriously disappointed with this game, while the graphics and physics were great and i have to admit the premise of the game sounded very intriguing. it just didn't play out that well at all. The game has many bugs and glitches that make game play rather annoying at times but as these have been covered in many other reviews i wont get too into that here.
    Now what really p***d me off about this game was, well for starters it almost seemed as if they had 2 teams working on the game, one making assasins creed 3, and another clueless to the series making an rpg based on a young native boy trapping and selling furs, and they just mashed them together, for example, gone is any resemblance of the stealthy sneaking around and assassinating people, this game is far more about button pounding hack n slash battles against 20-50 gaurds at a time then you have the completely annoying naval missions which wouldn't be so bad if they were just side or optional missions, but no this was a main mission in the story the ship controls were horrible and very difficult to get passed and again, wtf does this have to do with assassins creed? Then you have this whole thing of hiring craftsmen and workers to fill a town to make goods for you to sell, gather resources, craft items, etc etc,, LOOK, if i wanted to play minecraft, id play it, i wanted to play assassins creed 3, no such luck this time though.
    Anyway i could go on and on about how bad this game is, I will just say, if you never played assassins creed before, check it out you might like it, however if you are a fan of assassins creed, do not get this game as it will ruin it for you.
  83. Sep 26, 2013
    Bad AI but certainly not a bad game. The naval combat in this game is so unique and amazing A whole new world and assassins. There's even a crafting system and I do find myself hunting a lot because it is quite enjoyable. I don't mind cut scenes simply because I am probably the only gamer that enjoys cut scenes. Overall, this isn't a bad game.
  84. May 31, 2013
    In development for many years, it is apparent that the team put in much effort into the game. The scenery in the game is gorgeous, the voice acting is amazing and the animations are fantastic. However, by putting so much into the game, it starts to sink under because of its own weight. The tutorial/intro was hitting upwards of 2 to 3 hours before it ended. An over-all arching goalIn development for many years, it is apparent that the team put in much effort into the game. The scenery in the game is gorgeous, the voice acting is amazing and the animations are fantastic. However, by putting so much into the game, it starts to sink under because of its own weight. The tutorial/intro was hitting upwards of 2 to 3 hours before it ended. An over-all arching goal doesn't even come up until this time either. One could say that this 3 hour mark of absolutely nothing happening is because of narrative pacing and storytelling, but the story is just another one of good vs. evil. After a long-while of running around doing jobs for people I realized just how boring the game got. After the atrociously long intro, the game devolves into, killing a high value target, killing some random people or killing people from your ship. This quickly turns monotonous and anti-fun. Now however, the game is fairly cheap, and it would give you an extreme amount of game time; if repetitive not game time, for your money Expand
  85. Aug 4, 2013
    one of the worst ports ive ever seen on pc, so many bugs, the system requirements are completely wrong, if you want to play with the minimum specifications you going to have a bad time.
  86. Jun 19, 2013
    I agree with what other people have said that this game is not as good as the other Assassin's Creed games in the series. The game is mostly fun to play but has many frustrating moments filled with bugs. I have loved all the Assassin's Creed games but this one felt really sloppy at times. I played this game about 6 months after it had been released but it still has a lot of bugs in itI agree with what other people have said that this game is not as good as the other Assassin's Creed games in the series. The game is mostly fun to play but has many frustrating moments filled with bugs. I have loved all the Assassin's Creed games but this one felt really sloppy at times. I played this game about 6 months after it had been released but it still has a lot of bugs in it which I can't believe they haven't fixed by now. Some of the bugs involve quest triggers not working which means you have to repeat the game from the last checkpoint to get around the bug. All the bugs and frustrations stop this game from getting a really high score. Expand
  87. Jun 30, 2013
    The game itself is fine, fun, enjoyable, lots of stuff to do, nice graphics, redesigned gameplay,etc. The biggest problem with this game is this game suffers of bad optimization and porting. The PC version of this game has an incredible amount of issues: bad performances, glitches everywhere, missions that cannot be completed because of bugs, crashes, the patches have improved theThe game itself is fine, fun, enjoyable, lots of stuff to do, nice graphics, redesigned gameplay,etc. The biggest problem with this game is this game suffers of bad optimization and porting. The PC version of this game has an incredible amount of issues: bad performances, glitches everywhere, missions that cannot be completed because of bugs, crashes, the patches have improved the experience a bit, but not that much. To sum up, this game is not bad at all, but the port is awful. Expand
  88. Jul 1, 2013
    I liked this game, but i feel like it could've gone so much farther. Like Connor would've been this nice, down to earth character if only they developed him more. I almost felt like the developers just plugged him into the mix and tried to see if the players would like him. Personally, I did. I just wish they did more with him like they did Ezio. I'm also not the biggest fan of the sailingI liked this game, but i feel like it could've gone so much farther. Like Connor would've been this nice, down to earth character if only they developed him more. I almost felt like the developers just plugged him into the mix and tried to see if the players would like him. Personally, I did. I just wish they did more with him like they did Ezio. I'm also not the biggest fan of the sailing around, so I'm not exactly thrilled for Assassin's Creed 4. Expand
  89. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Eu esperava muito mais desse Assassin's, o trailer dele foi extremamente bem feito, porque o jogo na minha opinião foi um fracasso. História ruim, o Connor, que era o principal não era um bom assassino, ele era burro e esquentado, coisa que um assassino não deve ser, ele era habilidoso só. Mas enfim, minha nota essa pela decepção mesmo, eu esperava muito mais. Expand
  90. Jul 16, 2013
    TERRIBLE. I'm a HUGE fan of the Assassin's Creed series. I loved the first one, and I loved Revelations. But this game. Jezus... I gave it a 1 because of the graphics. But that is everything positive I can say. The story was bad and the combat wasn't smooth. There are way to much bugs, so I won't start with that. I never played as Connor because I just gave up on the game. And BTW, sinceTERRIBLE. I'm a HUGE fan of the Assassin's Creed series. I loved the first one, and I loved Revelations. But this game. Jezus... I gave it a 1 because of the graphics. But that is everything positive I can say. The story was bad and the combat wasn't smooth. There are way to much bugs, so I won't start with that. I never played as Connor because I just gave up on the game. And BTW, since Assassin's Creed III, it's not an assassin anymore. It's still called Assassin's Creed, but they are dropping the character of an assassin more and more and it starts to become more of a pirate than an assassin. Which I don't like. I'm not looking forward to AC IV because I believe it will be as bad as this game. If they actually listen to these reviews, then they should drop their whole Assassin's Creed IV concept that they have now and start all over with the will of the gamers. Expand
  91. Jul 24, 2013
    this game was a huge disappointment. it could have been great, but they made it boring and glitchy. seriously, everything is boring. the character, the gampelay, the setting, the story, animations, etc.
  92. Aug 8, 2013
    You can't enjoy this game for more than 3 minutes without running into bugs and glitches. Not minor annoyances, but game-killing issues. I played v1.06, still it's a half-ready game filled with bugs... What could be 1.00 like? Was it even starting?

If you need to know anything about this game, go to youtube.com because here is nothing explained... You have to find out everything on your own. Like this game is made deliberately to be hated.

SOME of the bugs/glitches:

Map how to zoom back in? BTW AC1-2 and co. had some problems with the map it didn't centered on many times if you clicked on an icon. They fixed it. Yes, they removed... So now you can only drag the sorry map... Is it really that hard to make an interface that works? I mean, it's the 5th generation for God's sake... Thousands worked on them. Nobody cared?

The climbing is still POS, try the Beacon hill climb. The game screws it up for you... It jumps automatically into bowl up there and thats it... If you want to climb up, you have to try once-twice to know the game's glitches...
    Sometimes you can't climb up to a rooftop, he just stands there meditating. And if you're being chased... I wonder if anybody tested the game before release.

Sometimes, just walking around, you get suddenly chased by the guards... Why? And you kill them by the dozen, but they don't get less. What's the point? I'm in incognito, aren't I?

There are so many lock picking minigames, Why didn't just copy one of them, because this is the worst. You get through the left/right phase, and then he just pulls out the tool and you can start over... Why Connor pulls the damn thing out? He just found the right angle. It's a drag like every minigame here. Atrocious, annoying, stupid. Work of lazy developers without imagination...

This guy can climb things that no human can: windows, even a piece of plaster bears his weight. What he can't climb ARE ROCKS... Rocks, that most humans can with a bit of practice. So you spend hours on pressing the forward button, to round the rocks...
    Tree climbing is a pain. Not working as it should be or it just not working at all. You have basically the SAME tree for every lookout point. Still the basic commands aren't working. If you climb up, Connor looks around from BEHIND THE LEAVES, and because you cant see where you jump, you're dead. Atrocious game design and logic.

The inventory is confusing. Nothing explained. It's just amazingly bad. Buttons not working (backspace, space). It's version 1.06, I've been waiting to download 6 patches, one by one and still they didn't fix this issue.
    If you touch the mouse it's frozen. It's not a bad port, it hasn't been ported to pc at all. Basic stuff not working.

After a few hours of gaming when you have a task, e.g. to look for a treasure chest and you cant find it, you are not searching for it again, because you think it's a glitch again, that it's not there. You get use to the bugs...

It's the 5th generation of AC so now it was high time to introduce (on a regular base) the plague, the cancer of the gaming world (at least the pc, the console gamer take it), the Quick time events. YESS. So now if you have liked the series so far, now they convince you that you were wrong... From now on you'll be on a level of a 3 year old toddler push this, and then push that. I was so missing this...
    And if QTE, why isn't it enough to click the damn button once? I hit the E once or 6 times, still I die...
  93. Aug 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. so assassin creed 3 is a game based of the assassin creed franshise that is amazing so i just want to start with the gameplay its kinda hard but the more you progress through the game you figure out a great way how to doge and stuff i trust me once you know how to do that you be invinceable and now ubisoft also added naval combat that is bad-ass but enough about the gameplay onto the story its leaves of the ending of assassin creed revaltion that i wont spoil but you Desmond miles the main protaginest of the story is forced into the animus that lets him revisit the lives of his ancestor and trying to save the world dyeing from a sunray yea and in this game your revisiting colinal times yae you get to see george washington Bajemen Frankilin and your ancestor Connor Kenway but his persinalty is not very likeable and the ending is just like the worse ending ever not having a freaking choice but lets look at the envirement of course you can visit boston and new york and the frontier and every place have great texture and with the new engine anvil they able to pull off tree free running that is great and everything looks beautiful but the ending was very bad for assassin creed fans the ending was a major let down and relay big cliff hanger Expand
  94. Sep 9, 2013
    I love this game, really immersive, beautiful and fun to play. everything works once you learn how to play it.

I read on some reviews that actions like blending with people to escape guards, or climbing on trees, or clear camps without fighting everybody in open combat don't work. well it all works pretty fine, seriously learn to play. If you fail at climbing trees, then it's your damn fault if you suck at it, not the game's.

You have to be tactical and work on your skills to clear forts and camps without being detected, if you think it will happen by itself just because you've played other AC games, then think twice I had trouble with this stuff at first but once you figure it out, it's awesome. You have to play the game and learn to do it right.

Most of the bad critics I read about this game honestly sound totally dumb to me, I think many players don't get it or got frustrated because they're not used to it like they got used to AC2 or ACB. I read "For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment" how can you be so self centered I'm not american, and you don't have to be american to be hooked by the story and the historical context open up !

What annoys me in this game is horseback riding, I find myself sometimes stuck on rocks or between trees, gotta be careful.

To sum up I spent like 70 hours in AC3 so far and i'm really enjoying my time with it. Gamers here that about gameplay are the same players that about dark souls simply because they can't get around with it. L2P
  95. Sep 12, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a fantastic game. It's the first game in the series that actually feels like a stealth game, since now you are able to hide around building and other structures and also conceal yourself in vegetation. This brings out a lot of new tactics and makes the game far more enjoyable to me.

The characters really resonated with me. Getting to see Connor grow up gave him

The characters really resonated with me. Getting to see Connor grow up gave him more depth and made me sympathize with him more. I loved the setting which takes place around the time of the Revolutionary War and deals with the conflicts between Britain and the American colonies as well as the conflicts between European settlers and Native Americans. Such a rich period in history and the way they handled it was very well done.

The traversal mechanics are another area that has been improved a lot. Now you can climb trees and rocky cliffs. Being able to move like this through forests and other outdoor environments really brought the game to the next level. Assassinating someone by jumping off a branch above them never gets old.

I love the variety of things you do in this game as well. The hunting was a lot of fun and the naval combat was thrilling and a true highlight of the game.

All in all Assassin's Creed 3 was one of the better games I have played in the past year. I recommend it to any fans of the series or anybody that enjoys action or stealth games.
  96. Sep 13, 2013
    This game could have been a great experience, but the port is just dreadful. The game is heavily CPU dependent and will run like crap if you do not posses a rather fast CPU. Not to mention the AI not missing anything, can see through walls and the occasional bugs that completely kill any kind of immersion. One example is the no sound during cutscenes. How is this even possible? It worksThis game could have been a great experience, but the port is just dreadful. The game is heavily CPU dependent and will run like crap if you do not posses a rather fast CPU. Not to mention the AI not missing anything, can see through walls and the occasional bugs that completely kill any kind of immersion. One example is the no sound during cutscenes. How is this even possible? It works perfectly fine in the rest of the game. But to make things worse, Ubisoft is actively pushing out updates for AC3. But not a single update is addressing the performance issue.

If you have a i5, you'll still get playable framerates. 30-40 fps and if you overclock you can get even better performance. However for those PC gamers who have older CPUs, overclocking is a must to make it playable.

The gameplay is dumbed down and you just feel that you're watching a movie instead of playing a game. It is a shame that the latest installment is the worst one gameplay wise. The whole part about you being an assassin is gone. You just feel like the average hero fighting his way through waves of enemies. The story is pretty disappointing too.

If it wasn't for the horrible performance and immersion killing bugs I would have rather it a 6/10. But the current state of the port is unacceptable and a insult to every PC gamer.
  97. Sep 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. F*cking terrible. This game has an atrocious story line, is filled with bugs and glitches and the world and setting doesn't seem right overall. You have to walk long a$$ distances between missions and you can kill about 30 trained British soldiers with only your fists. This game KILLED the Assassins Creed Franchise for good and is never coming back. Expand
  98. Oct 13, 2013
    This game looks good and plays well. It is buggy and has it's own issues... BUT this is the game that will kill the franchise. If you like A.C. then I would think long and hard before buying this. As I said it is a good game... it isn't A.C. as you know it. I found myself not caring about the storyline and, dare I say it... getting bored with it.

They have taken a winning game and

They have taken a winning game and shoehorned it into a new game to make more money. what a shame.
  99. Jun 28, 2014
    Really disappointing. The game looks gorgeous but there is so little real game play. I feel like I am just running between objectives, walking if it is a stealth level.
    Even the combat is boring. X to attack, B to block. I had not played an Assassins creed game since 2 and I had hoped they would have improved the combat by now. It seems to have sped up a little bit, but it is still just attack, attack, counter, repeat. The controls are very over simplified, I tried playing with a keyboard and also a gamepad, but the controls seem way too dumbed down.
    I thought firing muskets would be satisfying, but they only have the range or a throwing knife and dont feel good to shoot. Climbing the ships mast at the beginning could have been an exciting moment, but I climbed up the wrong side of the mast, so I had to climb down and go up the side they wanted me to climb to continue.
    It is also the glitchiest game I have played in years. During the first sword fight in the game my enemy got stuck in a wall and I had to restart from checkpoint. When first arriving in Boston before even let off the leash enough to sprint I saw a frozen towns person and a dog stuck inside a pile of barrels. There are frequent ragdoll and other physics glitches.
    I only payed $5 for it in the steam sale and I still feel disappointed.
  100. Dec 7, 2014
    Utter **** the PC version is a disgrace to PC games, of course we;re talking about Goobysoft.

The game is a bug festival, if you want to open a Quality Control business, you need to show this to your employees as a reference.

Assassin’s Creed III proves to be, despite its promises, a rather indecisive game. It comes with so many strong elements, that it could have been the best Assassin’s Creed ever, but it fails to harmonically balance those elements. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 offers a spectacular way to fill in the blanks in your knowledge of the American Revolution - it never holds back on scope, drama or action.
  3. Jan 23, 2013
    What, no French revolution? For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment. And after Ezio (or Haytham Kenway), Connor is bland, irritating protagonist. Game is also full of chores that add very little to the experience. [Jan 2013]