Assassin's Creed III PC

6.3

1. Oct 22, 2013
    Ok, so, first of all, this was one of the most expected games in 2012. Everyone expected incredible graphics, amazing storyline, fighting mechanics, and other worth-buying innovations. They achieved the graphics, because they are incredible. The fighting mechanics are good too. The storyline- Mehh.
    I didn't enjoyed a lot playing it. I mean, it's not that I hate it or nothing, but, I guess it wasn't something out of this world. I give it a 6.
  2. Oct 20, 2013
    I picked up AC3 on a Steam sale ($12.00 USD). It's difficult to justify paying full price for an AC game just because they're released every year and, frankly, the last few iterations aren't as deep as AC2. That said, this is a good game and am enjoying it (especially for 12 dollars). There are some issues with it, but mostly they're out of AC3's hands. The Desmond Miles plot need toI picked up AC3 on a Steam sale ($12.00 USD). It's difficult to justify paying full price for an AC game just because they're released every year and, frankly, the last few iterations aren't as deep as AC2. That said, this is a good game and am enjoying it (especially for 12 dollars). There are some issues with it, but mostly they're out of AC3's hands. The Desmond Miles plot need to be ended, it was very poorly implemented to begin with and I'm not sure if Ubisoft thought out what they were trying to do with the character. The heart of the issue is that Desmond Miles is, basically, portrayed as a life drifter who is yanked from obscurity and thrust into significance by fate. He doesn't have to work to develop his skills, the Animus does it for him. So, it's basically the Harry Potter or Twilight plot themes that resonate with young adults, an audience composed mostly of people who haven't yet worked for anything or have any real world responsibilities or concerns. It's hard to sell this theme to the type of player who enjoys adult themes of revenge and justice. It's misplaced here and it should be ended or at least very severely downplayed. When AC3 shifts gears from colonial times to the modern plot line, the change is jarring and I can't help but laugh at the juxtaposition; Conner spends years planning and training, Desmond become an Assassin by sitting in a chair and playing through "memories". It's ridiculous, it makes me chuckle whenever Desmond scales and climbs objects when his body isn't even physically trained for it. The release schedule for AC games is too aggressive, they're all beginning to look and feel the same, despite some laudable efforts to change setting and mood between each title. At most, they should be released every 18 months; 12 months is too much. Beyond that, good game. I look forward to playing this November's AC4 NEXT year. Expand
  3. Oct 19, 2013
    First I should note, I'm giving this a ten to try help balance out all the bullsh** negative opinions on this game. The game is overall probably deserving of an 8. It's a brilliant game, in terms of art design, world size etc, but it does fall over in a few places. Now, it's my first AC game, so I can't compare, but the combat (as cool as it is) does seem a bit jumpy. On top of this, theFirst I should note, I'm giving this a ten to try help balance out all the bullsh** negative opinions on this game. The game is overall probably deserving of an 8. It's a brilliant game, in terms of art design, world size etc, but it does fall over in a few places. Now, it's my first AC game, so I can't compare, but the combat (as cool as it is) does seem a bit jumpy. On top of this, the story line gets a little lost in itself from time to time and can be hard to follow. The last issue I have with it is the massive amount of bugs. No patch Ubisoft? Really? Anyway, the characters, customisation, music, combat (despite the jumpiness), design and side content are all overall brilliant, the most impressive part being the leaping among the trees; felt pretty amazing. 8/10, good game, don't listen to naysayers. Expand
  4. Oct 17, 2013
    I love this game!The story is awsome!Both singleplayer and multiplayer has a lot of adventure and i love the characters very much in multiplayer!Very good graphics,and the tyranny of King Washinghton dlc is also amazing!
  5. Oct 17, 2013
    unfortunately can not say anything good about it when it goes down when coming into the shop to buy weapons. the first mission upon reaching the ship at the start of the game
  6. Oct 16, 2013
    the game is out for quite some time now and still it keeps closing the tab of the game for me at random so i have to click back in and the map only works when it feels like are they actually serious about this? epic fail no were give about the PC users good job...
  7. Oct 13, 2013
    This game has it all! Fluid combat,excellent storytelling, and great gameplay variety. As a history buff myself, it's pretty stinking awesome to be rubbing elbows with the likes of Paul Revere, Samuel Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and George Washington! They throw enough actual history in the game to keep it fascinating! As for the naval combat, I was mesmerized! As soon as I got into it I wasThis game has it all! Fluid combat,excellent storytelling, and great gameplay variety. As a history buff myself, it's pretty stinking awesome to be rubbing elbows with the likes of Paul Revere, Samuel Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and George Washington! They throw enough actual history in the game to keep it fascinating! As for the naval combat, I was mesmerized! As soon as I got into it I was saying to myself,"this could easily be a game in itself!". The fighting is as fluid as ever! So much fun to drop in on a group of redcoats and absolutely destroy them!My only issue with the game would have to be the climbing controls. Every once in a while you'll be climbing something and your player will suddenly jump left or right and fall, sometimes to his death. Can get a little frustrating sometimes. But with a little patience and practice, you can figure out all the quirks and work around them. The graphics are beautiful. I'm also running everything on ultra with supersampling on 8x. I definitely recommend a GTX 670 or higher for the full experience. I'm using an fx4170 quad core processor overclocked to 4.5 ghz, 8 gigs ram, and an EVGA GTX 680 SC. It handles this game wonderfully.For those of you complaining about it not being like the other games must not fully understand the series. The developers are trying to give us a new historic experience with each game. Biblical Jerusalem, Ancient Rome, and now The American Revolution. You should really stop comparing it to the older games, which were AMAZING also, and try to soak in the story. Death to the Templars!!! Expand
  8. Oct 13, 2013
    I wasn't too excited, because of the average ratings, but this game blew me away. Story, graphics, sounds, gameplay are all fastastic and for me it's the best game in the series, maybe even the best game I ever played. AC3 has a sublime atmoshpere, because of day/night cycles, weather effects and even changing seasons, along with amazing lighting and textures. I spent hours just runningI wasn't too excited, because of the average ratings, but this game blew me away. Story, graphics, sounds, gameplay are all fastastic and for me it's the best game in the series, maybe even the best game I ever played. AC3 has a sublime atmoshpere, because of day/night cycles, weather effects and even changing seasons, along with amazing lighting and textures. I spent hours just running through the woods and cities, enjoying the atmosphere. The story is very engaging and they got the ending right this time, which wasn't always like that with AC games. Instead of a home building you get an entire home map that you build up throughout the game and it really helps with creating a connection to all the NPCs. The naval missions are amazing, too, it almost feels like playing an AC4 preview at times.

There are negative things: The menus, especially inventory and trade, are very unorganized and difficult to navigate. The game also still has quite a lot of little bugs (map icons disappear after tabbing to Windows, some rare graphic glitches and game hangups) and I can only imagine how bad it must have been a year ago. Some bugs are definitely to be expected in such a complex game, I just think they should put more resources both into polishing the game before the release and fixing it afterwards, because some of the bugs I've seen shouldn't be there one year after the release. Luckily, none of it affected the gameplay at all and it was just a slight distraction.

After all, AC3 is an absolutely amazing game.
  9. Oct 13, 2013
    This game looks good and plays well. It is buggy and has it's own issues... BUT this is the game that will kill the franchise. If you like A.C. then I would think long and hard before buying this. As I said it is a good game... it isn't A.C. as you know it. I found myself not caring about the storyline and, dare I say it... getting bored with it.

They have taken a winning game and

They have taken a winning game and shoehorned it into a new game to make more money. what a shame.
  10. Oct 9, 2013
    Wow I'm enjoying this game far more than reviews would have me belive. Beautiful graphics, the cities seem so lively and wonderful. The story is interesting and I love the fighting.
  11. Oct 6, 2013
    Well to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed the game.Ofcourse the game of this size and scope was sure to be plagued with bugs and with the recent updates the game has become quite stable Lots of people are complaining about connor being boring but he was supposed to be boring following the unfortunate events which occured in his life, I didn't see any reason to have expected a styledWell to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed the game.Ofcourse the game of this size and scope was sure to be plagued with bugs and with the recent updates the game has become quite stable Lots of people are complaining about connor being boring but he was supposed to be boring following the unfortunate events which occured in his life, I didn't see any reason to have expected a styled casanova. Concept of american revolution is great, fantastic score and character design.Cities do feel alive and naval battles were the best part of the game.Besides numerous bugs and serious character Assassins Creed 3 was hell of a ride... Expand
  12. Oct 6, 2013
    Inconsistent. That is the game's biggest fault. I played it on a pretty meaty PC, v1.06, max setting, without AA (used FXAA). Bugs related with a game this big, there were bound to be some, and there were actually very few. VERY few. Most of them just funny. So it was great there.

Now, the "crowd tech". One of the biggest faults of the game. People DISAPPEARING when you're getting closer to them. They just spontaneously appear or disappear on from on your eyes. In the beginning, it's actually quite disturbing. Not to mention the performance penalty of the tech. It's busted. It's not even as good as AC1. The game is aware of quad-cores at least I guess, it's even maxing them out, but it's not USING them properly.

Next, movement. I don't know what everybody says, but parkouring has been perfected in AC3. Running is a delight. The animations are the best yet. The game mostly flows. From a control point, I find AC3 near perfect. There are times, in trees mostly, when Connor does not want at first to jump sideways and instead tried to wall climb. But that's mostly it.

The story is the flawed. Actually, let me tell you this. The last 4th of the story DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE. In about chapter 10, Connor will find something that SHOULD completely change his motivations and what he fights for. It does not, and it will drive you insane, if you pick up on it. It will not be said directly, but be heavily alluded to. You WILL KNOW when you'll see/hear it.
    - Also, all of Connor's development, all of it, happens IN-BETWEEN sequences. You'll see "months later. weeks later". All of the supposed traits Connor develops are not shown. So because of this, Connor acts either the same as when he was a teenager or just acts out weird out of the blue. You won't EVER really know what Connor fights for. Actually, there is only one general idea. Of revenge. But even that got thrown out of the picture in sequence 10, or it should've been, because nothing different happens. It is TERRIBLE WRITING.
    - The best parts of the story are I don't know, Haytham's parts. Whenever he's in the scene, he steals it.
    - For the majority of the game though the story won't make sense. Things don't flow together. They don't stick. It's cutscene after cutscene of mostly nonsense. But they're well made, that's for sure.

Side-missions. What side-missions? The only side-missions fun to do are the Homestead missions, which take a big proportion of the game though, to be honest. They're fun and well intended, but are not to the same quality as the story missions. Why? They could've easily been. The characters are stiff, not as neatly animated and just lacking in a broader array of emotions. The missions themselves are fun at least.
    - everything not related to Homestead missions is just a checklist. There are some fun brawls but that's pretty much it. Literally everything else is MMO style grinding: Kill 10 stuffs of this. Kill other 10 stuffs of this while doing that. Kill 20 stuffs of this while doing the other. Dear god.
    - Naval Warfare is awesome, you know this. Pretty much the best thing in the game, besides the normal on-foot combat.
    - The Captain's Treasure side-quest is also VERY good. It's got a solid feel of the tombs sections from the previous games.

Other things: Graphics are great. Best animation yet in any AC and in any game, period. Face expressions in cutscenes are mostly great. The snow is a marvel when it doesn't destroy your framerate. The running animation is the best animation ever seen in video-gaming. The combat is really bun. Totally different than previous games (about time). Almost every enemy can and WILL counter a specific move or weapon, but are vulnerable to something else. So try and experiment.
    - also, you know the drill. Different kill moves and animation for every tipe of weapon. Fists, swords, clubs, two-handed weapons, hidden-blade, the knives & tomahawks (they weirdly share the same moves)
    - also, completely AWESOME different for most types of weapons (including muskets) DOUBLE and TRIPLE kill finishers. OH DEAR LORD they are superb.
    - the Economic System is BROKEN. There is no money flow in the game. You can buy colors for your hoody, weapons, munitions and different stuff for you Manor Crafting. The thing is, you mostly get you buy stuff to do check-list side-missions (boring) or to craft upgrades, weapons and guns. The best weapons are craftable (but improved stats DO NOT make any difference). Also it's really really difficult to figure out how the whole manor crafting thing works. There's no tutorial for it. You just have to figure out for yourself or/and to check out online.

Conclusion:
    - there are many more things to be said about the game. AC3 should've been Desmond's story and Connor should've been a more interesting character.
    - the ending was too meta for its own good. The AC series didn't deserve it. Especially after the masterful AC1 and AC2.
  13. Sep 26, 2013
    Bad AI but certainly not a bad game. The naval combat in this game is so unique and amazing A whole new world and assassins. There's even a crafting system and I do find myself hunting a lot because it is quite enjoyable. I don't mind cut scenes simply because I am probably the only gamer that enjoys cut scenes. Overall, this isn't a bad game.
  14. Sep 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. F*cking terrible. This game has an atrocious story line, is filled with bugs and glitches and the world and setting doesn't seem right overall. You have to walk long a$$ distances between missions and you can kill about 30 trained British soldiers with only your fists. This game KILLED the Assassins Creed Franchise for good and is never coming back. Expand
  15. Sep 16, 2013
    I definitely enjoy playing this game. It's very familiar and practically unchanged from the previous instalment. I think this series is becoming more like the Call of Duty series with its cookie cutter linear, and repetitive storyline and gameplay. It was sad to leave Renaissance Italy, and personally I find the New World is not near the excitement as Florence or Rome.
  16. Sep 13, 2013
    Zero Optimization, impossible to play unless you have a 1.000+€ PC. When you reach the big city of Boston your FPS will fall to the 10-20 unless you have a graphic card worth more than 300 and even then your fps will fall to the 40-50, whats worse is that Ubisoft doesn't care as long as you have already paid...
  17. Sep 13, 2013
    This game could have been a great experience, but the port is just dreadful. The game is heavily CPU dependent and will run like crap if you do not posses a rather fast CPU. Not to mention the AI not missing anything, can see through walls and the occasional bugs that completely kill any kind of immersion. One example is the no sound during cutscenes. How is this even possible? It worksThis game could have been a great experience, but the port is just dreadful. The game is heavily CPU dependent and will run like crap if you do not posses a rather fast CPU. Not to mention the AI not missing anything, can see through walls and the occasional bugs that completely kill any kind of immersion. One example is the no sound during cutscenes. How is this even possible? It works perfectly fine in the rest of the game. But to make things worse, Ubisoft is actively pushing out updates for AC3. But not a single update is addressing the performance issue.

If you have a i5, you'll still get playable framerates. 30-40 fps and if you overclock you can get even better performance. However for those PC gamers who have older CPUs, overclocking is a must to make it playable.

The gameplay is dumbed down and you just feel that you're watching a movie instead of playing a game. It is a shame that the latest installment is the worst one gameplay wise. The whole part about you being an assassin is gone. You just feel like the average hero fighting his way through waves of enemies. The story is pretty disappointing too.

If it wasn't for the horrible performance and immersion killing bugs I would have rather it a 6/10. But the current state of the port is unacceptable and a insult to every PC gamer.
  18. Sep 12, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a fantastic game. It's the first game in the series that actually feels like a stealth game, since now you are able to hide around building and other structures and also conceal yourself in vegetation. This brings out a lot of new tactics and makes the game far more enjoyable to me.

The characters really resonated with me. Getting to see Connor grow up gave him

The characters really resonated with me. Getting to see Connor grow up gave him more depth and made me sympathize with him more. I loved the setting which takes place around the time of the Revolutionary War and deals with the conflicts between Britain and the American colonies as well as the conflicts between European settlers and Native Americans. Such a rich period in history and the way they handled it was very well done.

The traversal mechanics are another area that has been improved a lot. Now you can climb trees and rocky cliffs. Being able to move like this through forests and other outdoor environments really brought the game to the next level. Assassinating someone by jumping off a branch above them never gets old.

I love the variety of things you do in this game as well. The hunting was a lot of fun and the naval combat was thrilling and a true highlight of the game.

All in all Assassin's Creed 3 was one of the better games I have played in the past year. I recommend it to any fans of the series or anybody that enjoys action or stealth games.
  19. Sep 9, 2013
    I love this game, really immersive, beautiful and fun to play. everything works once you learn how to play it.

I read on some reviews that actions like blending with people to escape guards, or climbing on trees, or clear camps without fighting everybody in open combat don't work. well it all works pretty fine, seriously learn to play. If you fail at climbing trees, then it's your damn fault if you suck at it, not the game's.

You have to be tactical and work on your skills to clear forts and camps without being detected, if you think it will happen by itself just because you've played other AC games, then think twice I had trouble with this stuff at first but once you figure it out, it's awesome. You have to play the game and learn to do it right.

Most of the bad critics I read about this game honestly sound totally dumb to me, I think many players don't get it or got frustrated because they're not used to it like they got used to AC2 or ACB. I read "For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment" how can you be so self centered I'm not american, and you don't have to be american to be hooked by the story and the historical context open up !

What annoys me in this game is horseback riding, I find myself sometimes stuck on rocks or between trees, gotta be careful.

To sum up I spent like 70 hours in AC3 so far and i'm really enjoying my time with it. Gamers here that about gameplay are the same players that about dark souls simply because they can't get around with it. L2P
  20. Sep 7, 2013
    This game is good. Its not quite something new. This game's is both not great or awful. Assassin's Creed II's better. The storyline of this game and the graphics are the two amazing things in this game.
  21. Sep 1, 2013
    Worst game i have ever played. single player has like 5 million bugs multiplayer that doesn't work on ps3. Ubi give me my money back!!!!!!! if you like the AC series DO NOT BUY THIS PART.
  22. Aug 30, 2013
    When i played just 5 hours of this game i gave it a 9. I made a terrible mistake, this game is not that good. It has indeed a good story, and the Naval missions are the Jewel of the Crown. But the game is broken, the parkour elements are Broken, the Battles are way too simple, different weapons means nothing in this game. The best thing of the game, the naval missions, are so few in theWhen i played just 5 hours of this game i gave it a 9. I made a terrible mistake, this game is not that good. It has indeed a good story, and the Naval missions are the Jewel of the Crown. But the game is broken, the parkour elements are Broken, the Battles are way too simple, different weapons means nothing in this game. The best thing of the game, the naval missions, are so few in the story mode, that you can count in one hand's fingers. I am relieved that Blackflag's focus is on Piracy, i really hope they learn from their mistakes, Assassin's Creed is an awesome franchise. Expand
  23. Aug 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. so assassin creed 3 is a game based of the assassin creed franshise that is amazing so i just want to start with the gameplay its kinda hard but the more you progress through the game you figure out a great way how to doge and stuff i trust me once you know how to do that you be invinceable and now ubisoft also added naval combat that is bad-ass but enough about the gameplay onto the story its leaves of the ending of assassin creed revaltion that i wont spoil but you Desmond miles the main protaginest of the story is forced into the animus that lets him revisit the lives of his ancestor and trying to save the world dyeing from a sunray yea and in this game your revisiting colinal times yae you get to see george washington Bajemen Frankilin and your ancestor Connor Kenway but his persinalty is not very likeable and the ending is just like the worse ending ever not having a freaking choice but lets look at the envirement of course you can visit boston and new york and the frontier and every place have great texture and with the new engine anvil they able to pull off tree free running that is great and everything looks beautiful but the ending was very bad for assassin creed fans the ending was a major let down and relay big cliff hanger Expand
  24. Aug 15, 2013
    This game bloody sucks, worst Assassin's Creed game and just bloody poor design overall.. The save system as with all the other is crap. In most of the missions you have to complete EVERYTHING, including the bonus synchronization tasks, in one go...in other words if you mess up just once you have to start the mission from the very beginning no matter how close you were to completing it,This game bloody sucks, worst Assassin's Creed game and just bloody poor design overall.. The save system as with all the other is crap. In most of the missions you have to complete EVERYTHING, including the bonus synchronization tasks, in one go...in other words if you mess up just once you have to start the mission from the very beginning no matter how close you were to completing it, THAT BLOWS. This game is also segmented more than the others, you keep getting cut back and forth between free roam and cut scene a lot which makes the flow disjointed and jerky. Also, the geometry and collision detection sucks as you will find yourself constantly getting stuck on the ground, or even things you're supposed to be able to climb. Horses get stuck in corners A LOT. Lots of random new game mechanics pop up at times too making gameplay feel inconsistent, things like quicktime events that all use different mechanics and that crap. As for sound and visuals and story this has all the Assassin Creed trappings except for the mechanics and gameplay..they suck. Mission save points suck, we need manual save, and the whole game interface, that animus layout interface sucks, it has ALWAYS sucked. Also, this game doesn't give you a clear idea of what you're supposed to do. Sometime you have NO idea what is supposed to be done. Other times they flash directions in the middle of the event as it's happening but it's too fast to read them so what to do when can be very confusing at times. This is a piss poor mess of bad gameplay, interface, clarity, saving. If it doesn't have to do with the visual appearance, sound, or story then it sucks. Expand
  25. Aug 11, 2013
    A fantastic game, if you can get it to work... I had to overclock my graphics card to prevent the game from crashing every 20 mins and then at one point I had to completely re-install the game because of some uplay nonsense (at least my save was still intact). Moving on though.

The graphics are amazing! I will say that some actions/activities were poorly explained or not even explained at all (how to tackle, training your recruits) and some other activities seemed completely useless (crafting and trading, building the homestead). There's a little too much unnecessary exploring, searching, and extra objectives for my taste, but these are generally optional. It's probably 50/50 whether the optional bits actually add to the experience or detract from it. The main missions are where the game shines though. The story is well done and I enjoyed following Connor's journey from child to adult and seeing his actions intersect with famous historical moments. Of course there's a ton of great fighting involved and it was a lot of fun trying to be stealthy. Loved the George Washington DLC as well, completely worth the money.
  26. Aug 9, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III is great. The setting is wonderful and despite the fact that everyone says Connor is boring, he's actually a really interesting character. The game takes a little while to get started, but when it does, almost all the missions are exciting and the optional objectives in each one are a requirement for people like me who need to get 100% on everything. The AI is stupidAssassin's Creed III is great. The setting is wonderful and despite the fact that everyone says Connor is boring, he's actually a really interesting character. The game takes a little while to get started, but when it does, almost all the missions are exciting and the optional objectives in each one are a requirement for people like me who need to get 100% on everything. The AI is stupid however, and combat can be played as a quicktime event is you want it to. The boat sequences are obviously there to hype us up for Black Flag, though they are really good by themselves. Multiplayer would probably be good if anyone played this on PC, and all the singleplayer weapons and unlockables keep you going for a really long time. Expand
  27. Aug 8, 2013
    You can't enjoy this game for more than 3 minutes without running into bugs and glitches. Not minor annoyances, but game-killing issues. I played v1.06, still it's a half-ready game filled with bugs... What could be 1.00 like? Was it even starting?

If you need to know anything about this game, go to youtube.com because here is nothing explained... You have to find out everything on your own. Like this game is made deliberately to be hated.

SOME of the bugs/glitches:

Map how to zoom back in? BTW AC1-2 and co. had some problems with the map it didn't centered on many times if you clicked on an icon. They fixed it. Yes, they removed... So now you can only drag the sorry map... Is it really that hard to make an interface that works? I mean, it's the 5th generation for God's sake... Thousands worked on them. Nobody cared?

The climbing is still POS, try the Beacon hill climb. The game screws it up for you... It jumps automatically into bowl up there and thats it... If you want to climb up, you have to try once-twice to know the game's glitches...
    Sometimes you can't climb up to a rooftop, he just stands there meditating. And if you're being chased... I wonder if anybody tested the game before release.

Sometimes, just walking around, you get suddenly chased by the guards... Why? And you kill them by the dozen, but they don't get less. What's the point? I'm in incognito, aren't I?

There are so many lock picking minigames, Why didn't just copy one of them, because this is the worst. You get through the left/right phase, and then he just pulls out the tool and you can start over... Why Connor pulls the damn thing out? He just found the right angle. It's a drag like every minigame here. Atrocious, annoying, stupid. Work of lazy developers without imagination...

This guy can climb things that no human can: windows, even a piece of plaster bears his weight. What he can't climb ARE ROCKS... Rocks, that most humans can with a bit of practice. So you spend hours on pressing the forward button, to round the rocks...
    Tree climbing is a pain. Not working as it should be or it just not working at all. You have basically the SAME tree for every lookout point. Still the basic commands aren't working. If you climb up, Connor looks around from BEHIND THE LEAVES, and because you cant see where you jump, you're dead. Atrocious game design and logic.

The inventory is confusing. Nothing explained. It's just amazingly bad. Buttons not working (backspace, space). It's version 1.06, I've been waiting to download 6 patches, one by one and still they didn't fix this issue.
    If you touch the mouse it's frozen. It's not a bad port, it hasn't been ported to pc at all. Basic stuff not working.

After a few hours of gaming when you have a task, e.g. to look for a treasure chest and you cant find it, you are not searching for it again, because you think it's a glitch again, that it's not there. You get use to the bugs...

It's the 5th generation of AC so now it was high time to introduce (on a regular base) the plague, the cancer of the gaming world (at least the pc, the console gamer take it), the Quick time events. YESS. So now if you have liked the series so far, now they convince you that you were wrong... From now on you'll be on a level of a 3 year old toddler push this, and then push that. I was so missing this...
    And if QTE, why isn't it enough to click the damn button once? I hit the E once or 6 times, still I die...
  28. Aug 4, 2013
    one of the worst ports ive ever seen on pc, so many bugs, the system requirements are completely wrong, if you want to play with the minimum specifications you going to have a bad time.
  29. Jul 28, 2013
    I'm seriously impressed by the polish of this game, I'll give it that. The cinematics, voice acting and including real history is impressive. I'm three hours into the game, I'm falling asleep. I'll try to give this game a chance, hopefully it's the slowest start in history of games, I'll put in an hour or so more. If I was someone that has never played this series, I would beI'm seriously impressed by the polish of this game, I'll give it that. The cinematics, voice acting and including real history is impressive. I'm three hours into the game, I'm falling asleep. I'll try to give this game a chance, hopefully it's the slowest start in history of games, I'll put in an hour or so more. If I was someone that has never played this series, I would be impressed. For someones who has played the previous games, it seems like I'm doing the same repetitive quests and tasks I was in the previous game. Such a shame, so much unfulfilled potential Not sure how they can release a forth iteration, I think this series is out of steam. Expand
  30. Jul 25, 2013
    I can't believe assassin creed series would fall so far after reaching its heights in assassin creed 2 and brotherhood.......AC3 introduces a new hero but the storyline I think is one of the most boring in the series but at least better than AC revelations(yeah ...that was the worst)....The gun mechanics were not good to say the least and the fighting mechanics weren't as refined as theyI can't believe assassin creed series would fall so far after reaching its heights in assassin creed 2 and brotherhood.......AC3 introduces a new hero but the storyline I think is one of the most boring in the series but at least better than AC revelations(yeah ...that was the worst)....The gun mechanics were not good to say the least and the fighting mechanics weren't as refined as they were in AC2 and brotherhood...... Expand
  31. Jul 24, 2013
    this game was a huge disappointment. it could have been great, but they made it boring and glitchy. seriously, everything is boring. the character, the gampelay, the setting, the story, animations, etc.
  32. Jul 22, 2013
    The game is horrible. I am so disappointed being a AC1 hardcore fan. I rated AC1 10/10 AC2 9/10 and I am giving AC3 0/10.
    Initially the game felt good. But then I realized that there isn't much to do. Story is boring. Anyway to cut a long story short people that rated 7+ /10 are obviously unfamiliar with AC 1
  33. Jul 16, 2013
    TERRIBLE. I'm a HUGE fan of the Assassin's Creed series. I loved the first one, and I loved Revelations. But this game. Jezus... I gave it a 1 because of the graphics. But that is everything positive I can say. The story was bad and the combat wasn't smooth. There are way to much bugs, so I won't start with that. I never played as Connor because I just gave up on the game. And BTW, sinceTERRIBLE. I'm a HUGE fan of the Assassin's Creed series. I loved the first one, and I loved Revelations. But this game. Jezus... I gave it a 1 because of the graphics. But that is everything positive I can say. The story was bad and the combat wasn't smooth. There are way to much bugs, so I won't start with that. I never played as Connor because I just gave up on the game. And BTW, since Assassin's Creed III, it's not an assassin anymore. It's still called Assassin's Creed, but they are dropping the character of an assassin more and more and it starts to become more of a pirate than an assassin. Which I don't like. I'm not looking forward to AC IV because I believe it will be as bad as this game. If they actually listen to these reviews, then they should drop their whole Assassin's Creed IV concept that they have now and start all over with the will of the gamers. Expand
  34. Jul 15, 2013
    Such a massive disappointment. Clunky controls, a set of unlikable characters and horrible mechanics really sum up a game that's too big for it's own good. The side missions, whilst numerous in amount, are pretty pointless and the main missions suffer at the hands of the control system. The mechanics initially seem like something that will become easier with the learning curve, but quicklySuch a massive disappointment. Clunky controls, a set of unlikable characters and horrible mechanics really sum up a game that's too big for it's own good. The side missions, whilst numerous in amount, are pretty pointless and the main missions suffer at the hands of the control system. The mechanics initially seem like something that will become easier with the learning curve, but quickly spiral into a comical cycle of "run, hit invisible barrier, be forced to lay waste to everyone, rinse and repeat." AC2 is by far and away, a much better title. Expand
  35. Jul 10, 2013
    the game is just purly the definition of awesomeness im not going to give it a 10 though because of a few things just little things that hold it back from being a perfect 10,
    1. the combat is good and finessed but it gets old after a while and a bet repetitive from time to time and ubisoft haven't made any patches to improve it
    2. the story has a REALLY bad ending im not going to say it
    2. the story has a REALLY bad ending im not going to say it because well its an ending but its not the greatest like mass effect 3 ending those are my only gripes with it really
  36. Jul 8, 2013
    The conclusion to Desmond's story has arrived and I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. The game introduces a brand new assassin and I had mixed feelings when playing Connor (assassin's name). Connor is awesome when he encounters enemies and obstacles throughout the game, but his a heartless character, which is a problem because all assassins from the series, shows us how they feel on aThe conclusion to Desmond's story has arrived and I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. The game introduces a brand new assassin and I had mixed feelings when playing Connor (assassin's name). Connor is awesome when he encounters enemies and obstacles throughout the game, but his a heartless character, which is a problem because all assassins from the series, shows us how they feel on a certain event. Connor and other characters from the story had short development, these characters were really interesting for the story to explore, if a game lacks character development then why should we care about these characters. The game looks really good, especially when your exploring the woods, which makes the graphics a perk, like if your hunting animals or just enjoying the woods, the graphics helps the game to be enjoyable to the gamers. The game has a lot to offer, it has a lot of side missions to complete, but are the side missions worth it or does it just feel lazy? Delivering letters and collecting almanac pages are side missions that makes the game experience dull, but their are other side missions that makes the game worth it, like the naval missions which were so addictive. Desmond does not evolve into something more than what he is, which makes him similar to Connor. The ending was a huge disappointment, it's like the writers of the game were rushing to finish the series.The multiplayer is a nice addition to the game, you assassinate a target and survive the assassin that's tracking you down are the objectives of the multiplayer. Assassin's Creed III has a lot of problems but the game was still enjoyable. I am going to give Assassin's Creed III an 8/10.h Expand
  37. Jul 7, 2013
    This is a bad game. Here's why:

STORYTELLING: While the plot and setting are interesting, the storytelling is very lazy and doesn't fit the game. For example, one early mission has you sneaking into enemy territory, getting past about half a dozen armed guards. After completing this and watching a cut-scene, you magically appear outside the danger zone. How did he get out? GAMEPLAY:
    This is a bad game. Here's why:

GAMEPLAY: This game is guilty of some serious "press the WIN button to WIN!" problems so combat is laughably easy. On "Normal" difficulty, a punch will kill an opponent where he stands while a riffle-shot to the player's face will take off an eight of your (regenerating) health bar.

GLITCHES and BUGS: I quit the game for the last time after my assassin jumped onto the wrong side of a ladder and climbed through the floor of the room above. This type of this should not happen in any game, let alone a major AAA title.

As a fan of Assassins Creed 2, I was very disappointed by this game. Get Batman: Arkham City instead!
  38. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Eu esperava muito mais desse Assassin's, o trailer dele foi extremamente bem feito, porque o jogo na minha opinião foi um fracasso. História ruim, o Connor, que era o principal não era um bom assassino, ele era burro e esquentado, coisa que um assassino não deve ser, ele era habilidoso só. Mas enfim, minha nota essa pela decepção mesmo, eu esperava muito mais. Expand
  39. Jul 1, 2013
    I liked this game, but i feel like it could've gone so much farther. Like Connor would've been this nice, down to earth character if only they developed him more. I almost felt like the developers just plugged him into the mix and tried to see if the players would like him. Personally, I did. I just wish they did more with him like they did Ezio. I'm also not the biggest fan of the sailingI liked this game, but i feel like it could've gone so much farther. Like Connor would've been this nice, down to earth character if only they developed him more. I almost felt like the developers just plugged him into the mix and tried to see if the players would like him. Personally, I did. I just wish they did more with him like they did Ezio. I'm also not the biggest fan of the sailing around, so I'm not exactly thrilled for Assassin's Creed 4. Expand
  40. Jun 30, 2013
    The game itself is fine, fun, enjoyable, lots of stuff to do, nice graphics, redesigned gameplay,etc. The biggest problem with this game is this game suffers of bad optimization and porting. The PC version of this game has an incredible amount of issues: bad performances, glitches everywhere, missions that cannot be completed because of bugs, crashes, the patches have improved theThe game itself is fine, fun, enjoyable, lots of stuff to do, nice graphics, redesigned gameplay,etc. The biggest problem with this game is this game suffers of bad optimization and porting. The PC version of this game has an incredible amount of issues: bad performances, glitches everywhere, missions that cannot be completed because of bugs, crashes, the patches have improved the experience a bit, but not that much. To sum up, this game is not bad at all, but the port is awful. Expand
  41. Jun 30, 2013
    One of the best Assasins's Creed 3 is one of the best Assaisns's Creed if not one of the best games in general I love it and the DLC is very awesome
  42. Jun 29, 2013
    Worth Assassin's Creed game ever!
    Boring story boring characters boring game world...
    biggest disappointment in 2012 for me
    You shouldn't spend your money and time on it.
  43. Jun 29, 2013
    A huge middle finger and disappointment to the fans. Connor is boring and unemotional. Doesn't really make you think about his plight. The story was terrible and the ending...The ENDING! I'm sure most fans were hoping for a great finish to the series, but no. Ubisoft takes its money grabbing greediness to the next level and the end just sets up for another, what? five? ten? more games inA huge middle finger and disappointment to the fans. Connor is boring and unemotional. Doesn't really make you think about his plight. The story was terrible and the ending...The ENDING! I'm sure most fans were hoping for a great finish to the series, but no. Ubisoft takes its money grabbing greediness to the next level and the end just sets up for another, what? five? ten? more games in the franchise. I'm not going to buy any more AC games. They're just going to be travesties. Expand
  44. Jun 26, 2013
    I loved AC, big cities with tall buildings, difficult to reach watchtowers, difficult and stimulant puzzles, mazes, etc. Well, this game disappointed me a lot, i thing it's the worst AC i played, the only good thing i see are the graphics
  45. Jun 25, 2013
    Terrible AI, game breaking control system (even on a gamepad it's dire) and absolutely terrible combat system. I've no idea how they managed to go so downhill from AC1.

Waste of time and money.
  46. Jun 19, 2013
    I agree with what other people have said that this game is not as good as the other Assassin's Creed games in the series. The game is mostly fun to play but has many frustrating moments filled with bugs. I have loved all the Assassin's Creed games but this one felt really sloppy at times. I played this game about 6 months after it had been released but it still has a lot of bugs in itI agree with what other people have said that this game is not as good as the other Assassin's Creed games in the series. The game is mostly fun to play but has many frustrating moments filled with bugs. I have loved all the Assassin's Creed games but this one felt really sloppy at times. I played this game about 6 months after it had been released but it still has a lot of bugs in it which I can't believe they haven't fixed by now. Some of the bugs involve quest triggers not working which means you have to repeat the game from the last checkpoint to get around the bug. All the bugs and frustrations stop this game from getting a really high score. Expand
  47. Jun 14, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is not an excellent game, it's not great, but it is nonetheless good. In comparison to previous entries this one tries much harder in the implementation of new visuals and mechanics. The fighting system is super fun and much more interesting than other AC's; the naval battles are definitely a plus, and the environments, especially The Frontier, are quite detailed.Assassin's Creed 3 is not an excellent game, it's not great, but it is nonetheless good. In comparison to previous entries this one tries much harder in the implementation of new visuals and mechanics. The fighting system is super fun and much more interesting than other AC's; the naval battles are definitely a plus, and the environments, especially The Frontier, are quite detailed. Ubisoft's interests in portraying accurately the setting and historical background is notable and it's something that deserves respect.
    Where the game falls short, however, is the narrative. Having played through previous titles one expects AC3 to bring a very compelling and satisfying wrap-up to a chapter, but sadly AC3 delivers a rather underwhelming conclusion. Not to mention that the protagonist, Connor, is not the most likeable assassin of the series.
    With all this said, AC3 is not the best of the series, but it's up there. Its conclusion is not what you may have expected, but overall, the game is breathtaking as well as it is fun to play. Ubisoft really needs to go back to the narrative of previous titles in order to bring back that immersive storytelling this series are known for.
  48. Jun 14, 2013
    that's a pretty good game and one great to the series the graphics are great and the gameplay is awesome story as well is really good to me this is the best AC in combat so far but not the best one in the whole series
  49. Jun 11, 2013
    This game... THIS GAME! is verry intregging and it will keep you oucciped throught your game play, this game is full of action, puzzles, and great combat, the graphics have gone better over the years but if your Comperhensive (compromising) things, this wont be the be the game for you, some say that the AC1/AC2 is better than this new version but in my opinon this game beats them all, goThis game... THIS GAME! is verry intregging and it will keep you oucciped throught your game play, this game is full of action, puzzles, and great combat, the graphics have gone better over the years but if your Comperhensive (compromising) things, this wont be the be the game for you, some say that the AC1/AC2 is better than this new version but in my opinon this game beats them all, go and find out yourself and buy they game before you start judging the game. Expand
  50. Jun 2, 2013
    This game is just the worst. The series has really taken a tumble. A number of times all I could think was "what were the developers thinking???". There are so many bad things and glitches with this game.The characters are not compelling and Conner is just a brat who tends to lose motivation half way through the game. They have messed with the fighting combat and although visually betterThis game is just the worst. The series has really taken a tumble. A number of times all I could think was "what were the developers thinking???". There are so many bad things and glitches with this game.The characters are not compelling and Conner is just a brat who tends to lose motivation half way through the game. They have messed with the fighting combat and although visually better it is far too simple. They discourage you from using the rooftops and most of the time it is easier to be Rambo than to seek around. You cannot run around the battlefields like in the trailer. The game play is linear with WAY too many cut scenes which tend to linger for way longer than required with awkward silent moments. The forrest and frontier setting is beautiful, but the cities are not exciting at all and a waste of time. Also the game has blinding white load screens which are not fun. I 100% regret buying this game but as a big fan of the rest of the series I had to see what happens to Desmond. Next time I will be watching the cut scenes on YouTube. Expand
  51. May 31, 2013
    In development for many years, it is apparent that the team put in much effort into the game. The scenery in the game is gorgeous, the voice acting is amazing and the animations are fantastic. However, by putting so much into the game, it starts to sink under because of its own weight. The tutorial/intro was hitting upwards of 2 to 3 hours before it ended. An over-all arching goalIn development for many years, it is apparent that the team put in much effort into the game. The scenery in the game is gorgeous, the voice acting is amazing and the animations are fantastic. However, by putting so much into the game, it starts to sink under because of its own weight. The tutorial/intro was hitting upwards of 2 to 3 hours before it ended. An over-all arching goal doesn't even come up until this time either. One could say that this 3 hour mark of absolutely nothing happening is because of narrative pacing and storytelling, but the story is just another one of good vs. evil. After a long-while of running around doing jobs for people I realized just how boring the game got. After the atrociously long intro, the game devolves into, killing a high value target, killing some random people or killing people from your ship. This quickly turns monotonous and anti-fun. Now however, the game is fairly cheap, and it would give you an extreme amount of game time; if repetitive not game time, for your money Expand
  52. May 30, 2013
    homestead missions are tedious, you have to do the homestead missions in a spesific sequence. the item crafting it's good but send convoys to trade them it's crap.
  53. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III is pretty addictive and has nice graphics & sound but it's really buggy (much more than Assassin's Creed II). Those are annoying bugs where you sometimes can't take down the wanted poster, can't reach a treasure box because it's buried in the ground or you can go through closed gates. Not to speak of your horse getting stuck between trees. The graphics engine doesn'tAssassin's Creed III is pretty addictive and has nice graphics & sound but it's really buggy (much more than Assassin's Creed II). Those are annoying bugs where you sometimes can't take down the wanted poster, can't reach a treasure box because it's buried in the ground or you can go through closed gates. Not to speak of your horse getting stuck between trees. The graphics engine doesn't seem to be well optimized for AMD CPUs/GPUs. I have an FX-6300@4,5GHz and a Radeon HD 6870@985Mhz and sometimes frames per second drop to 25 FPS on full 1080p HD without any obvious reason i.e. at places where there is not much detail or in cities even on lowest quality settings. The game is sponsored by Nvidia so this might explain it. The sea battles are really a highlight of the game and could be even a stand alone game but they are not very well integrated in the story and overall gameplay. Overall I think the open world could be a bit more deep with more things to do, more houses to enter, more NPCs to talk to. More in the direction of a real RPG game. Expand
  54. May 26, 2013
    Being new to the assassins creed series, I did not find myself lost or missing out by entering during the third installment. This game featured some of the most epic scenes I have experienced in a game. Alot of the battles, especially involving ships, were on a caliber I had never seen before. The combat always kept me interested and entertained, and the world was worthy of exploration.Being new to the assassins creed series, I did not find myself lost or missing out by entering during the third installment. This game featured some of the most epic scenes I have experienced in a game. Alot of the battles, especially involving ships, were on a caliber I had never seen before. The combat always kept me interested and entertained, and the world was worthy of exploration. The ability to traverse obstacles and buildings in a "parkour" fashion never gets old and is entertaining enough to make you want to play in its own.
    My largest complaint about the game is that the game has a subtle feeling throughout that it had been rushed. This is most obvious with the "Homestead" which felt like it was building up to something good, but in the end was unrewarding and seemed half-implemented. Its the feeling that I know I could have had a lot more from the game the entire time I was playing it that soured the experience.
    Also, multiplayer is fantastic and made the game worth the price. The mechanics of their pvp are extremely intuitive and are something you will never have played before. The multiplayer of Assassin's Creed deserves more attention and credit than I have seen it get. Good stuff.
    Added: This rating is purely for the base game. The DLC are horrible and extremely overpriced. Dont bother with them.
  55. May 25, 2013
    The graphics is a little bit disappointing because it looks almost exactly like AC Revelations but that doesn't make the game bad. The gameplay is fun and addictive but the missions can sometimes get a little bit booring. They are most of the times the same but they doesn't make you get bored. The story-line itself is very good and makes you want to finish the game. The side missions areThe graphics is a little bit disappointing because it looks almost exactly like AC Revelations but that doesn't make the game bad. The gameplay is fun and addictive but the missions can sometimes get a little bit booring. They are most of the times the same but they doesn't make you get bored. The story-line itself is very good and makes you want to finish the game. The side missions are great and it is a very fun feature to be able to play huge ship-battles on sea. The new multiplayer gamemodes are extremely fun and balanced and makes you just wanna play more and more. The character editing is not very big but it's enough to make you wanna unlock more and more.
    If you want an action-packed free-roam game with great story and multiplayer, this is the ultimate game for you.
  56. May 24, 2013
    This isn't really as good as the other ones, because of the main character and the story, but the inovations that they added were good for the most part. Not as good as the otheres but still fun and DAT multiplayer is pretty damn good.
  57. May 18, 2013
    full synchronization rubbish makes this game so frustrating. playing a sequence over and over again is enraging.
    storyline is of desmond is rubbish and written by a 3 year old.
    i hope the designers of this game die and lose all their family members.
  58. May 14, 2013
    All the other negative user reviews have pointed out all the flaws and bugs etc., so I'll just point out something else which is bad in the series. By they way, the critic reviews are paid off, no doubt.
    I completed the main story not making side missions (a few, max) and I explored just a little. Most of the time I just fast traveled everywhere or just rode straight from point A to point B. The game completion says "20 hours" in Steam, and my synchronization-% is 38. The main story is 38% of the game, maybe a little less. Rest of the game consists of vague side missions that simply aren't interesting to play. I don't feel like wasting 35 hours doing some deliveries etc.
    Also the accounting system is horrible. I didn't do anything related to the manor economy, and had more than enough money to spend. Who the wants to spend time sending some wagons to export some material to don't-know-where to get 20 bucks? It was absolutely horrible, didn't even try to understand use that... thing. Totally unneccessary. In AC:B the Monteriggioni repairs and stuff at least made sense and you felt like "I need to do this, it's my home town." or something.
    Too much time is spent to travelling. Way too much.
    Another things:
    1.) I have no idea what the Almanac Pages were for. Didn't give a ***t so didn't collect them.
    2.) I didn't buy anything from the stores. I didn't even find any stores in the cities every now and then when I tried. All the weapons I used were hidden blades, tomahawk and sword. I didn't even feel that I had a need for other weapons. I also don't have a clue if you could get better armor or so... Connor was pretty much immortal anyway: 10 sword hits and still standing.

I'm also a huge AC-fan, but in this game all I wanted to do was to get the main plot through as fast as possible, and ignore the uninteresting side missions.

About the "real world", outside the animus:
    1.) The plot was totally f****d in AC:R with the god-sh*t and ridiculous 2012-apocalypse-sh*t.
    2.) In AC3 the plot has gotten very, very lame, and there will be trouble ending it all in a way that makes sense and isn't stupid.
    I hope the series end in AC4. It should've ended in revelations, no doubt. It has gotten mainstream like Tomb Raider and has nothing new to offer. It all just smells like moneymaking and Ubisoft being unable to let go of something that's their number 1 profit while they should.

The best possible plot in AC-series would've been that after AC:B Ubisoft would've made an AC game that's located in real world in the present, and the Assassin's would've fought against the Abstergo company and defeated them for good. No paranormal/supernatural rubbish involved. There would've been 4 games in the series, and that's it. No more.

It's hard to write a solid review, because so much things pop up in my mind that needs to be said, and this text box is so damn small.
  59. May 11, 2013
    Assassins creed 3 is not as good as Assassins creed 2, but you have to admit, the innovations they added in AC3 are really awesome, and you have to realize the risk they took with making this game different.
  60. Ndi
    May 2, 2013
    What a joke. After riling up users about a not-a-port PC game, this latest game is a disaster port. Poor use of resources, low performance, mediocre story from Connor on, "accurate" historical events that were then butchered on purpose.

And what's been shocking is that I liked AC1 and 2+all connected games. I though Revelations was great, in spite of what everyone said, because it was about assassins.

I've been watching most of the game on Youtube because my PC can barely run it, since I only have 4 overclocked cores and 2 video cards. Oh well, serves me right. For half of the game, I thought I was watching Skyrim, minus the dragons. Walk, talk, walk.

And the Desmond stuff.

I owe ME3 an apology.

Either play on a console, or run. Just run.
  61. Apr 29, 2013
    As a long time fan of the assassins creed game series, i was seriously disappointed with this game, while the graphics and physics were great and i have to admit the premise of the game sounded very intriguing. it just didn't play out that well at all. The game has many bugs and glitches that make game play rather annoying at times but as these have been covered in many other reviews iAs a long time fan of the assassins creed game series, i was seriously disappointed with this game, while the graphics and physics were great and i have to admit the premise of the game sounded very intriguing. it just didn't play out that well at all. The game has many bugs and glitches that make game play rather annoying at times but as these have been covered in many other reviews i wont get too into that here.
    Now what really p***d me off about this game was, well for starters it almost seemed as if they had 2 teams working on the game, one making assasins creed 3, and another clueless to the series making an rpg based on a young native boy trapping and selling furs, and they just mashed them together, for example, gone is any resemblance of the stealthy sneaking around and assassinating people, this game is far more about button pounding hack n slash battles against 20-50 gaurds at a time then you have the completely annoying naval missions which wouldn't be so bad if they were just side or optional missions, but no this was a main mission in the story the ship controls were horrible and very difficult to get passed and again, wtf does this have to do with assassins creed? Then you have this whole thing of hiring craftsmen and workers to fill a town to make goods for you to sell, gather resources, craft items, etc etc,, LOOK, if i wanted to play minecraft, id play it, i wanted to play assassins creed 3, no such luck this time though.
    Anyway i could go on and on about how bad this game is, I will just say, if you never played assassins creed before, check it out you might like it, however if you are a fan of assassins creed, do not get this game as it will ruin it for you.
  62. Apr 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Starting at the top, this game's story completely destroys all of the fantastic work that the previous four games worked so hard to tell. Even if this game had no other flaws, and it most certainly does, the completely nonchalant way the entire main story is just thrown away like so much tiresome refuse is unforgivable and justifies the 0 rating. I'll stop short of spoilers here, but if you enjoyed Desmond's story save yourself the time and just avoid this game.

Beyond that, Connor has to be the least likeable protagonist in any game I have ever played. His bipolar personality swings wildly between angry, whiny, and aloof. He's completely self absorbed and only one point in the game does he give any indication of empathy and self reflection. He makes no attempt to appreciate or honor the creed, the history of the order, or the man that taught him the skills. And he just generally doesn't seem to "get" the assassins.

For instance, Altair and Ezio both practiced quick kills. Kills that are both efficient, which one needs when fighting multiple enemies, and humane. And while Ezio does add more flare, and hits, to his combos, they both respect the life they are taking, even if they don't respect actions of those they are killing. Connor does not. His combos are brutal barrages of strikes, roughly 10-15 total and nearly each one fatal all on its own, that are not only a tremendous waste of time but a disrespectful display of power and cruelty. Is it rewarding as a player? Sure, until you realize it runs completely counter to what the assassins are all about.

And even all of that is just the tip of the iceberg. There are TONS of bugs in the game. One of my favorites was entering the homestead to find THREE copies of Connor's mentor, one seated in the chair and two standing one behind the other. And then there's the craptastic wardrobe malfunctions near the end of Connor's story. The "stealth" is useless and inconsistent in this game, as many reviews have pointed out. Missions are tremendously linear, leaving only one path to achieve full sync. Even the iconic preview movie scene is probably entirely impossible. And even if it isn't, playing out the mission like that will fail the full sync objectives. The buildings are so far apart and the roofs so heavily occupied that rooftop running is practically dead in this game.

Recruiting assassins is completely borked, with many of the mission markers not showing up. But then, Connor treats everyone like crap, so who cares if you get recruits. Besides the linear nature of the missions, many of the main story missions are tedious at best and don't make a compelling case for how Connor would have been involved in these historic events.

I could go on and on, honestly. I haven't even touched on half of the issues raised by others. In fact, the only remotely enjoyable thing about this game was the naval mini-game. But then, it's so completely different from the rest of the game that it really just feels like it should be part of a different game. And even then, I literally had my ship run aground by a cut scene in one mission and lost a full sync objective by a cut scene in another mission. So even as amazing as they are, they were still mired by bugs.

But in the end, I just can't get over the way the ending was handled. Not just what the ending was, but how it was done. There were so many possibilities for this game to have the most amazing ending of any series I've ever played. All of the hard work was done, the build up was complete. And then this game comes along and flushes five games worth of story down the toilet. Disrespectful.
  63. Apr 25, 2013
    One of the most poorly optimized games I've ever played. Running the game in the lowest settings possible yields no change whatsoever. Despite everything, I managed to slog through about 2/3rds of it. If you're expecting me to say that the game somehow makes the technical shortcomings all the worthwhile, prepare to be disappointed. The story is disjointed, and the gameplay; sluggish.One of the most poorly optimized games I've ever played. Running the game in the lowest settings possible yields no change whatsoever. Despite everything, I managed to slog through about 2/3rds of it. If you're expecting me to say that the game somehow makes the technical shortcomings all the worthwhile, prepare to be disappointed. The story is disjointed, and the gameplay; sluggish. Assassin's Creed was a complete chore to play. I held out as long as I can, but I ended up uninstalling it from my library prematurely and moved on. I suggest that you do the same as well. Expand
  64. Apr 25, 2013
    This game could be a 9/10 instead my best rating for it is6 and that's because i am a fan of AC games.
    I liked the story and the graphic but these issues with lag in Boston or AI being retarded ruined it for me.
  65. Apr 25, 2013
    Overall the game is unbelievably great, This games strengths are in the fighting and story line but the pvp is so graphical intense it makes the game look so realistic as if you were there.This game is Unmissable and everyone should have it in there game libary
  66. Apr 23, 2013
    Ridiculously buggy to the point of not even being playable. As always, the storyline and voice acting are superb, but the majority of the game is action based and nothing ever, ever works properly. AC3 spits on the legacy of the franchise and should be ignored.

Disasterous.
  67. Apr 19, 2013
    a super great game, nice graphics, nice stealthy gameplay (if you want 2), a real nice story,big nice world to explore and an all over great game, the game play is nice hard and interesting the story makes you keep playing and real nice visuals is all the things i felt when i played this game there is lots of gameplay and interesting character's. but i have to give it a nine beacause ia super great game, nice graphics, nice stealthy gameplay (if you want 2), a real nice story,big nice world to explore and an all over great game, the game play is nice hard and interesting the story makes you keep playing and real nice visuals is all the things i felt when i played this game there is lots of gameplay and interesting character's. but i have to give it a nine beacause i think that ezio from ac 2, ac: brotherhood and ac: revalations and his story caught me way more. and i would reccomend those games as well Expand
  68. Apr 15, 2013
    Well, still the same like Part1. Nothing special. A cool setting, indeed, but that´s all. No improvements in Gameplay, the stroy isn´t lame but also not great.
  69. Apr 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't care much for graphics as it's game play and story I'm after, so I won't make much if a point of the game looking nice. Haven't had enough time to get into this game properly but I'm already bored. After about an hour of 'game play' I've been forced to watch close to 16 cut scenes (which I can skip if I like...so I'll miss the story). I've only actually moved my character for about 10-15 minutes. "Perhaps this will improve" I thought. I closed it after trying my first sword fight not allowed to stab with my sword oh no. You must throw your first foe repeatedly into barrels, even when disarmed and on the floor. Perhaps an in-game training exercise? I also thought the first climbing scene in the theatre was a bit daft hanging from balconies in a tiny room in clear view of everyone. Very stealthy.... Expand
  70. Apr 14, 2013
    I love the story, the characters, the world they have created of the colonies is wonderful... But it appears they have bitten off more than they can chew at ubisoft. The game play is mediocre at best, and buggy at worst. I usually aim to get completion of these games, but I found myself just barreling through to get the story, and then uninstalling once it was complete. The fact of theI love the story, the characters, the world they have created of the colonies is wonderful... But it appears they have bitten off more than they can chew at ubisoft. The game play is mediocre at best, and buggy at worst. I usually aim to get completion of these games, but I found myself just barreling through to get the story, and then uninstalling once it was complete. The fact of the matter is the bugs over ride the fun in the game and just make much of it a chore to complete. It feels as though this game could have used another 6 months in development just getting the issues worked out. Sad.
    I want to love it, but its just so...... meh.
    I can only hope ubisoft reworks their game play mechanics for the next version.
  71. Apr 8, 2013
    as for the boring beginning the firtts gameplay is great really great,
    nice combat moves and graphics buts thats about it as for you progress you se that youre enemys wil counter you counters and you have no way to kill them before the others schoot you like a dummy
    as for the missions yea read others critics there pretty much the same on that i loved the game until i got further and
    as for the boring beginning the firtts gameplay is great really great,
    as for the missions yea read others critics there pretty much the same on that
    i loved the game until i got further and so its become a dissapointment and fails at its core for what it is entertaiment as i begain to play the against enthusiasm and removed from my pc a waste
  72. Apr 5, 2013
    There it is, assassins creed 3.. First of all, i thought the developers have learned from previous mistakes but it seems like the problems just further cemented.. When i arrived in boston i honestly thought there is something wrong with my pc.. Simply put i was stuttering my way through this game with a i5 2500k 16gb ram and a HD 6950 Seriously zero optimizations have been done, makingThere it is, assassins creed 3.. First of all, i thought the developers have learned from previous mistakes but it seems like the problems just further cemented.. When i arrived in boston i honestly thought there is something wrong with my pc.. Simply put i was stuttering my way through this game with a i5 2500k 16gb ram and a HD 6950 Seriously zero optimizations have been done, making this game a raw gem and yet the developers have done sh** to fix this problem yet it seems like they completely ignore it.. i would like to enjoy my product wich i have paid 50 bucks on on my pc wich i paid aprox 900 bucks for!!!! And now they keep on cra**ing out dlc´s and even announced AC4 Sorry, if they cant get this fixed first and keep ignoring the problem i pass on future titles from ubi... Expand
  73. Apr 5, 2013
    The game itself is actually pretty good, somewhere in between an 8.0 and 8.5. The problem is the poor optimization for PC’s. It’s not acceptable! I’m using an AMD 965 HD7970 (with newest drivers and game patch 1.04), yet I find my fps dropping to 15 while in Boston and similarly low in other populated/urbanized areas. Sigh
  74. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is awful... I seriously want to write a long review but even then thinking about all of the bad just enrages me. Story was so predictable that I got to the part where you first get to sail your boat and gave up. That's it. I was done. I knew exactly what was going to happen. Wasn't worth my time playing if I knew the story already. What awful story telling Combat is boring moreThis game is awful... I seriously want to write a long review but even then thinking about all of the bad just enrages me. Story was so predictable that I got to the part where you first get to sail your boat and gave up. That's it. I was done. I knew exactly what was going to happen. Wasn't worth my time playing if I knew the story already. What awful story telling Combat is boring more counter fun. Graphics are no big improvement but the visuals are great. The characters I don't even remember... seriously who was in this game? Never touched multiplayer as this game disgusted me to no end. It was... just... awful. There is no more Assassinating in Assassin's Creed too... I noticed as I watched my friend Livestream it he just tomahawked all his victims... there was no stealthy approach or anything... 2/10 because of visual... love of God gaming industry you're just failing. Expand
  75. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is OK! Its nothing special or awesome. Its also not very bad. In my opinion this game is a bit too long. (I didnt read the story after 20% of the game, quiet boring this stuff). In the end the cutscenes are too often and too long and the worst you CANT skip them. Thats not what i wrong from a good game you still need a skip button. I dont want to see the credits, iam notThis game is OK! Its nothing special or awesome. Its also not very bad. In my opinion this game is a bit too long. (I didnt read the story after 20% of the game, quiet boring this stuff). In the end the cutscenes are too often and too long and the worst you CANT skip them. Thats not what i wrong from a good game you still need a skip button. I dont want to see the credits, iam not intrested in them but you cant skip them. (fail) The game has good graphics but the hair from characters are just terrible, even GTA IV had better hair. Also the controls are not very good. In some missions you need to sprint but sprint is also the climb button so sometimes you climb stuff up that you didnt even want. There are also no marks in missions. (I often failed because of that). Iam happy that i didnt buy that game. I got it with my new PC. Thats not a great game. It have some positiv some like the openworld, graphics in some ways, also minigames etc. etc. Never played AC1/2 and i wont play AC4 its not that good. Expand
  76. Mar 28, 2013
    I don't see how people can hate this game with such fury. This certainly wasn't my favorite AC, but it was better than ACR and it holds up. The only controls that are changed are the sprinting and blocking/parry mechanic. I liked Connor a lot, and the game had interesting characters. The only downside I believe would be the pacing, but in the sense of having so much to do at once, not theI don't see how people can hate this game with such fury. This certainly wasn't my favorite AC, but it was better than ACR and it holds up. The only controls that are changed are the sprinting and blocking/parry mechanic. I liked Connor a lot, and the game had interesting characters. The only downside I believe would be the pacing, but in the sense of having so much to do at once, not the main storyline. The Infamous glitches everyone talks about aren't happening to me at all, but it may just be the fact I play on a PS3. Anyway, great game. Expand
  77. Mar 28, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed III once again makes you assume the role Desmond fighting against the Templar’s by using the memory of his ancestors. This time you live the memory of Connor, a Native American who finds his village in trouble and will do anything he can to guarantee his villages safety, growing up in the woodlands your skills at hunting and foraging are powerful and will aid you on yourAssassin’s Creed III once again makes you assume the role Desmond fighting against the Templar’s by using the memory of his ancestors. This time you live the memory of Connor, a Native American who finds his village in trouble and will do anything he can to guarantee his villages safety, growing up in the woodlands your skills at hunting and foraging are powerful and will aid you on your path to becoming a powerful assassin.
    The PC version of this game is graphically beautiful especially when there is snow to run around. This game includes graphical settings that allow the users to change the environment, textures and anti-aliasing. These settings allow you to optimise your game to work freely without any lag or disturbances within the game.
    The combat is very similar to the other Assassin’s Creed games in that you can either go full on attacking countering every move or take to the roofs and remove your target from a distance while standing in the shadows. The combat feels freer than the last few games with more abilities and options open to the player but does get tedious after a while. Sometime into the game Connor will start to recruit assassins into the brotherhood that he can control, upgrade or send on missions similar to Assassin’s Creed Revelations however they have different abilities and options.
    This time round your assassin has two main weapons, a brotherhood styled tomahawk and a customised hidden blade that can be detached to be used as a dagger. There are many more weapons throughout the game including darts, swords, spears and guns that can be collected from fallen enemies however the only way to maintain that weapon would be to buy it from one of the many market stores scattered throughout the game. A sort of economy in the game, AC3 has introduced a homestead for the first time, here Connor can invite people into his homestead to increase the amount of products or money he can acquire, for example you can invite some lumberjacks that will grow and harvest trees that you can buy off them and send them to market to gain a profit, this is the new economy that Ubisoft have added to Assassins Creed and I think its brilliant although it can take while to start with you can eventually be rolling in the money.
    Another new thing to the game are boats and ships, now in Revelations you could use a boat to travel across the river but in this you can sail a ship across the seas, just like the homestead you can upgrade your ship, more cannons, men, armour. This game includes sea battles with you matching up with ships firing multiple cannons at each other. Unfortunately sailing the ships isn’t free-roam style, you have to be doing a mission that requires Connor to use them, and something that I hope they change in future games.
    This game is very enjoyable and a slight change from the earlier games however the games replay ability would be once or twice in my opinion with the first time just going through following the story and getting entwined with the characters and the second time trying to 100% it, collecting all the items and finishing all the side quests. I will give Assassin’s Creed III a score of 7 out of 10.
  78. Mar 28, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed III is the latest edition in the Assassin’s Creed franchise. It is the fifth main game in the series, set in the year 1750 takes place mainly within North America.

In this article I will be mainly covering the multiplayer aspect of the game and how well it compares with the previous games. In many ways, Assassin’s Creed III takes what elements work in the previous games and supplements them with a variety of interesting modes and objectives. After each battle you earn experience towards your next level up, with higher levels the players are awarded bonuses such as new abilities or other unlockables. When the abilities are unlocked, you can then unlock them for crafting which allows abilities to be enhanced in a variety of different ways.

The highlight of ACIII multiplayer takes the form of Wolfpack, which is a co-operative challenge, designed for 1-4 players. In this mode your objective is to take out targets stealthily in order to gain the highest number of points. Killing targets by charging at them or using the gun will earn you a low amount of points, in comparison with poison and stealthy kills. You earn a focus bonus if you wait next to a target for a few seconds before a kill, and promotes a ‘slow approach’ in order to maximise the point gain.

In Wolfpack there are 25 progressively harder sequences, each one requiring more points to complete while the player is working against the clock. Some of these sequences are bonus sequences where the player must perform ‘sync kills’ with their teammates, these require each teammate to attack the enemy within a small window of opportunity. When done successfully they reward the player with high points and a cutscene.

There’s also several modes which return from the previous games, such as my personal favourite which is Manhunt mode. In this mode you have four attackers and four defenders, after the first round, the attackers and defenders swap places. This keeps the game fresh and allows players to hone their skills in both offense and defense.

There are also other modes such as Artifact Assault which is a capture-the-flag type mode, Domination which is all about capturing locations from the enemy and Deathmatch, which is a free-for-all race to get the most kills.

Since each player can be stunned or killed in one hit, it’s important to emphasise the amount of hiding and cat-and-mouse antics that ensue within each game. Overall, this is a fantastic game and well worth it if you enjoy the multiplayer aspect of the series to date.
  79. Mar 26, 2013
    Assassin's creed 3 is a third person stealth/action game set around New York and Boston during the american Revolutionary war.You play as Connor, a native american assassin. The first thing I have to say about this game is that it looks pretty amazing and is presented really well (in most parts). The graphics look amazing in this game, it's a substantial improvement over the previousAssassin's creed 3 is a third person stealth/action game set around New York and Boston during the american Revolutionary war.You play as Connor, a native american assassin. The first thing I have to say about this game is that it looks pretty amazing and is presented really well (in most parts). The graphics look amazing in this game, it's a substantial improvement over the previous titles. The animations are also stellar. However though the occasional lag, glitch and flat texture prevent this from being perfect. The story is okay although it isn't quite as good as Assassin's Creed 2. The introduction dragged on for way too long. They did this to give Connor a believable and interesting background but in the end that just fell apart since the character connor wasn't at all that good. He was nowhere near as good as ezio or altair. The only side of connor I ever saw was the butthurt side of him, which quickly grew stale. Most of the other characters weren't at all interesting and weren't fleshed out enough. The missions were also incredibly linear and didn't provide much choice. The story also wasn't long enough for my liking. Plus after every sequence (around 2 hours) the game interrupted with desmond along with a mission I wasn't interested in. It really broke the atmosphere of the game. The ending for Desmond was also sudden and confusing. Although the story overall was decent. Just no enough to match the standard of the previous games. The combat is incredibly easy after a couple of hours you'll get the hang of it. The only enemy that you can't kill with ease in AC3 in the jager. You could kill entire platoons with ease. However though ranking up combos and killing enemies is funand satisfying. The combat is much more streamlined than the previous games. There is a good feature though. Naval missions. You get to engage in naval warfare across the atlantic Although the battle do tend to get repetitive. The platforming in the game has gotten borderline useless since it is much easier to just run as the crow flies. Stealth has also become useless since just killing them outright is much simpler and quicker. Plus after the game there is practically nothing to do except collect collectibles and to tedious missions. The only interesting thing to do is the naval warfare missions.Plus in this game you are going to spend a LOT of time running. The loading screens are also a bit long. The multiplayer is also pretty good. You engage in team deathmatches against opponents. It rewards you for stealth kills. Overall the multiplayer is pretty good. Overall Assassin's creed is a good packages, although there are better games out there. Expand
  80. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game could be called "how to ruin a good game with cinematics, loadings times, and s***ty controls" !
    The main scenario is full of cinematics, we're starting to get used to it, but AC3 does too much you find the bad guy, short cinematic to show him starting to escape, you chase him for 1 min, short cinematic showing how you catch him and get hurt, you play for 30sec walking straight forward very slowly (you're hurt), short cinematic again.... arghhhh I wanna play not just keep a finger on the move forward button between 2 videos !
    If you add that there is a short (at least with a ssd) loading time between every game sequence and every cinematic.... you'll understand why they've spent some time on making an interactive loading screen, it's because it's the screen you'll remeber the most.
    Add controls where a single button is used for 5 different actions, and a free run mode making it impossible to run withour climbing on everything that comes near you, and you'll rage... a lot.
    It's a shame because the story is quite interesting (except the parts in the present), the maps are full of details and life, graphics are good... it had a good base.
  81. Mar 23, 2013
  82. Mar 21, 2013
    this game is really really bad dont buy it papapapapapapapapapapapappapapapapapapapapapapapapapapapapapapapappapapapapapapapapapapapapapapappapapapapapa
  83. Mar 21, 2013
    First off i'm a big fan of the AC series and was eagerly awaiting the launch of this title. Unforgettably it doesn't make the best first impression and the first 3 hours are made up of boring quests from a boring character trying to give you some background story for the main story line. I would of much preferred a long cinematic! Once your on the main character, it turns into an enjoyableFirst off i'm a big fan of the AC series and was eagerly awaiting the launch of this title. Unforgettably it doesn't make the best first impression and the first 3 hours are made up of boring quests from a boring character trying to give you some background story for the main story line. I would of much preferred a long cinematic! Once your on the main character, it turns into an enjoyable game and what we have come to expect from the AC franchise. Expand
  84. Mar 19, 2013
    I've played every AC, and this is by far the worst AC of them all. The Desmond story is OK, I actually enjoyed playing a bit more as him. However, the Connor story just sucked. Connor is an idiot who keeps making stupid decisions while he actually thinks he's doing it right. The American Civil War looked like an exciting setting, but it failed, a lot. 1/3rd of your time you will be in aI've played every AC, and this is by far the worst AC of them all. The Desmond story is OK, I actually enjoyed playing a bit more as him. However, the Connor story just sucked. Connor is an idiot who keeps making stupid decisions while he actually thinks he's doing it right. The American Civil War looked like an exciting setting, but it failed, a lot. 1/3rd of your time you will be in a forest called Frontier, a depleted forest. I was missing the awesomeness of Florence, Rome, Istanbul, Venice, Acre, etc etc already as soon as I entered this area. I don't want to spoil the story for you, but it ends with a major cliff hanger. All that comes with glitches and bugs, the useal side missions that are boring and repetative and the fact they got rid of some nice weapons and techniques (in both climbing & fighting) from previous AC's. Expand
  85. Mar 15, 2013
    Boring interminable unskippable cutscenes. One of the weakest stealth engines ever made (look me in the eyes and tell me the stealth aspects compare to Thief, Dishonored, Metal Gear, etc.). Combat is ok, but really it's just a less-fun ripoff of the Arkham City/Asyum melee engine.
    But here's the real problem: NO JUMP BUTTON. How do you make a platform game without a jump button? From the hype, I was hoping for a third-person Mirror's Edge, but all you do is hold down "run" and point the analog stick and the game plays itself. It's like a barely interactive cutscene. Imagine if you were playing an FPS where you just held down a "safety off" button and the guns all fired automatically whenever an enemy wandered into the crosshairs. Doesn't sound fun, does it? Neither is this.
  86. Mar 14, 2013
    This is by far the worst, or rather said, the only bad AC game. Not only is it set in a boring time, with boring citys, storys, people, weapons and armors, but the citys are so small that there is almost no climbing at all. I cannot believe this is an AC game. They need to go back to the roots, keep the new graohics but go back in more interesting time zones.
  87. Mar 12, 2013
    Along with Revelations the worst AC games ever. Revelations had bad gameplay and story. This one has a little better gameplay and an AWFUL story. If the player actually gave a damn about any of characters by the end of the game the ending would be considered as bad as Mass Effect 3. Truly it's that bad. The fact is that none of the characters are the same as they were in AC II (by far theAlong with Revelations the worst AC games ever. Revelations had bad gameplay and story. This one has a little better gameplay and an AWFUL story. If the player actually gave a damn about any of characters by the end of the game the ending would be considered as bad as Mass Effect 3. Truly it's that bad. The fact is that none of the characters are the same as they were in AC II (by far the best game in the series and one of the best games ever), they have been redesigned, ripped out of any true content and are just there to say the occasional capitalist propaganda. Actually, this game is a propaganda in and on itself, sexual innuendos all over the place (sequence 7 is a disgrace for the American history), Templars are made to look good, Connor actually is a wimp when it comes to his father (guess the creators have a really big problem with their sons or the new generation as a whole we' re gonna get you anyway :P) and generally it's just an effort after effort to make you doubt the Assassin ideals and turn over to money, for without money and insanity they can't rule the world. In any case, if there was a negative rating on Metacritic this game should have had it as it is the biggest disgrace to a once great series, that after Desilets left has just gone SO MUCH downhill. Serves good as a reminder though of how this system is starting to fall apart and tries any way it can to not lose the supreme control it once had. All these people serving the system are afraid and thank you for showing it so clearly every day. The times have already changed. Good luck with your downfall. :D Expand
  88. Mar 11, 2013
    Fantastic game, changes many core features. I enjoyed the last few games, the Desmond stuff drags but the Conner stuff is brilliant. The world feels alive and very realistic. The story goes on for ages and there's plenty to do beside the story. Graphics are excellent looks very nice when it snows.
  89. Mar 8, 2013
    Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap. Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap. Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap. Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap.
  90. Mar 8, 2013
    Getting to the forest as Haytham Kenway and not being able to run in the trees made me laugh because of how racist it seemed. Anywho, the game is pretty riddled with glitches at some points and I'm not one for wanting to redo the same level twice in a row for something I have no control over. I wouldn't play it again personally, but Assassin's Creed has always been interesting before thisGetting to the forest as Haytham Kenway and not being able to run in the trees made me laugh because of how racist it seemed. Anywho, the game is pretty riddled with glitches at some points and I'm not one for wanting to redo the same level twice in a row for something I have no control over. I wouldn't play it again personally, but Assassin's Creed has always been interesting before this installment. Expand
  91. Mar 7, 2013
    The introduction takes ages only to reveal something "shocking" which is totally not worth it. The city is dull, generic and the npc's say the same thing. The music is gone, you just run around a generic block town with identlical npc's in silence. This is the game: Run from A to B, cutscene, rince and repeat. When a game is trying so hard to establish a story by making the player sittingThe introduction takes ages only to reveal something "shocking" which is totally not worth it. The city is dull, generic and the npc's say the same thing. The music is gone, you just run around a generic block town with identlical npc's in silence. This is the game: Run from A to B, cutscene, rince and repeat. When a game is trying so hard to establish a story by making the player sitting endlessly watching cutscenes, it's trying too damn hard. This is the first time I've uninstalled an AC game before finishing it, and it is sadly the last time I'll ever buy another. Maybe I'll play the old ones again, they still have value. Expand
  92. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is a real dud of a game. The only two interesting game features in the game are the ship battles and the decent combat. All story and side missions suck and the game is full of bugs, waiting around and meaningless drivel. I am fan of AC2 and Revelations but this installment is completely skippable and uninteresting.
  93. Mar 2, 2013
    Try as I might, I really can not enjoy this game. I don't know if it is the setting (not American, so don't care for the setting); the combat; Connors brilliant sack-of-bricks charisma and personality; or what. I just can not, for the life of me, enjoy the game. I've tried multiple times to play it, and enjoy it... but it is the dullest of the AC games so far. I wish I had bought it onTry as I might, I really can not enjoy this game. I don't know if it is the setting (not American, so don't care for the setting); the combat; Connors brilliant sack-of-bricks charisma and personality; or what. I just can not, for the life of me, enjoy the game. I've tried multiple times to play it, and enjoy it... but it is the dullest of the AC games so far. I wish I had bought it on xbox, so at least I could have traded it in and replaced it with something enjoyable. Expand
  94. Mar 1, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is an experience as you wouldn't expect it... in a bad way. After the game got promoted by gorgeus and amusing missions, you play about only half of the game as the Connor we got to see. Take away the emotional story of Ezio, the way of living by the creed of Altaïr, and replace it with a boring, flat character that just wears the Assassin's outfit as a murderer'sAssassin's Creed 3 is an experience as you wouldn't expect it... in a bad way. After the game got promoted by gorgeus and amusing missions, you play about only half of the game as the Connor we got to see. Take away the emotional story of Ezio, the way of living by the creed of Altaïr, and replace it with a boring, flat character that just wears the Assassin's outfit as a murderer's license. The best thing is the only thing they did good: the Naval Warfare missions. Being in command of a ship was fun, but the same can't be said for the new combat, hunting and tree running. The combat basically got rid of the iconic hidden blade and replaced it with a tomahawk and a pistol. Combat got even easier, and yet more frustrating because of the awful complexity that was tried to mix in with the simplicity of button mashing. Hunting was fun, but seeing Connor use the same animation time after time to skin an animal, dull quick time events and the uselessnes of the money made it just "a thing to do". Money could be used to buy craftingmaterials, new weapons and costume dyes, but none of those were needed. It was just an addition to kill time, and with the huge forest, the cities and shops seemed unnecessary. That brings us to the last flaw: out of the cities and into the forest. Fun, right? Well no. For the most time treerunning worked, but the stubborn controls often had their own way of navigating through trees and taking the complete opposite path of what you wanted. And since there were barely any roofs to run on like in the previous games, it was either climbing trees like a frustrated monkey of taking the boring roadtour on the ground. For once, Desmond had the best levels. It was fun to play as Desmond, and the levels in the modern day were stunning! Connor's story was basically bad. Was it because Ubisoft focused a bit too much on Ezio, or because the franchise is becoming the newest cashcow? I don't know. Maybe both. It's worth a playthrough, but the characters and new additions, except for the naval warfare missions and Desmond missions, were boring and they didn't leave the emotional mark like the previous games did. Expand
  95. Feb 28, 2013
    So Assassin's Creed 3 was praised by so many peeps and I just never saw the big fuse about it. So was it as amazing as everyone said it was going to be? In some ways yes but overall no. Now not saying its bad, its a decent but but im just going to explain why im giving it this score. So first talking about the pros about his game. Action and cutscences feel so cinematic. The game looksSo Assassin's Creed 3 was praised by so many peeps and I just never saw the big fuse about it. So was it as amazing as everyone said it was going to be? In some ways yes but overall no. Now not saying its bad, its a decent but but im just going to explain why im giving it this score. So first talking about the pros about his game. Action and cutscences feel so cinematic. The game looks great with it been best graphics in any Assassin's Creed game. Combat has improved alot even tho it can be annoying at times. Good story and the Navel Ship Battles... best thing about this game! I mean it was an amazing engine for the ship combat and the engine beats alot of pirate engines and I hope Ubisoft make a game like that. Now the cons. Well first the character you play as Connor is just dull and boring compared to Ezio and even Altair even had a little more more charactor then Connor. Lots of stuff to do, but no real reward to them like other games in the series( well maybe a bit more then the first game) Ending was awful and should have given you an option at the end. The new engine makes the game too easy, I mean I want the old engine when you bought armor to take more hits and buy better weapons. Now you still can buy weapons but you can complete this game without buying a weapon(stupid if you ask me). So its got many pros and cons, but the pros just make it a decent game. So overall a decent game. Assassins's Creed 3 7.3/10 Expand
  96. Feb 24, 2013
    We should decide how we want to play, what we want to do... the game should only give directions, should not impose on what we have to do!!! This game could have 3d-vision support like it's predecessors, but it doesn't Disappointed!
  97. Feb 23, 2013
    This... Is a very bad game.

This... Is a very bad game.

The AC franchise has been losing much of its challenge since the second game. Now, in the series' fifth game, everything is so easy it feels like a joke. Enemies can be instantly killed by counter attacks which may be followed by single-hit kills on almost all nearby enemies; to make it even worse, now a big red icon flashes over an enemy when he's about to attack, allowing for perfect counters and thus making combat mostly a quick time event.

Moving around has been made easier, too now running is under a "safe mode", in which the playable character will automatically run and leap through the available path, avoiding jumps that would make him fall. Platforming sequences are, thus, a joke just hold the running key and forward, and the character will automatically progress to the next area.

I understand this change it's a way to deal with the lack of precise controls which has always plagued the franchise. It's the wrong way to deal with it, too instead of giving better controls, removing the need for them is basically throwing the baby with the water. Somewhat ironically, controls for everything else were actually made worse. The intriguing interface mirroring each key to a specific body part has been completely removed, and replaced by having two keys doing most actions, often overlapping them. Dual assassinations are even less precise now, and jumping, in the few moments it's needed, is the clumsiest it has ever been.

Even the basics of the AC franchise have been made worse. Viewing points don't reveal the entire map around them anymore, and many of them are exactly the same. Navigating above the ground has been made worse by having trees following very specific paths, so they are of very limited utility, and having buildings far from each other so jumping through them is often not doable. Side missions have been reduced to literally fedex quests or just killing a random, unnamed enemy standing around no story, no special circumstance to each killing, nothing. Even voice acting, which had always been brilliant in the franchise, takes a hit as the main character speaks with a monotone voice that remains as the voice of a teenager while he grows older in the game.

The setting is also lacking in comparison to the other games. The first Assassin's Creed was somewhat revolutionary by, despite having the September 11 attacks still fresh in memory, portraying the protagonist as a follower of Islam fighting against a mostly Western organization, and doing so with respect. While Ubisoft avoided the trap of denigrating a different culture, in Assassin's Creed 3 they fall for the opposite sin, by overstating the virtues of the American culture. Having one of the first interactive conversations in the game being a very long dialogue about how Benjamin Franklin was a very successful womanizer was only the first sign of the hubris America is portrayed with.

To make things worse, while graphic quality is huge the sea in the first sequences was incredibly beautiful, perfectly realistic the world is actually ugly. Boston is dominated by the same pastel colors everywhere, in a sharp contrast to Veneza in AC2. The Frontier looks the same in all its areas. NPCs and enemies have no variation.

Compounding the issue, the user interface on the PC is horrible, clearly a bad console port. The map requires the use of two different cursors, instead of simply allowing us to click on map markers, and more than once simply got stuck. Menus are horrible: they have been split on a "tab" menu and a "esc" menu for no reason, often do not respond to mouse clicks, sometimes fail to work with the mouse wheel, are a pain to close, and so on. Some of the interfaces are so bad, and so badly optimized for the PC, that not only they sometimes bug but also ruin entire additions to the game, such as the crafting system.

This is a recurrent issue within the game: there have been many new additions to gameplay... And nearly all of them are bad. Most consist of doing menial activities over and over, like hunting or selling goods through convoys; those things feel like shores, notsomething fun. The only fun addition are the naval missions, but even those become repetitive very soon. And despite new systems, there are very few tutorials explaining how they work in game. So my wagon is under attack and I need to go defend it? Sure, but where is it? Why doesn’t the game explain that those convoys are only visible within one map?

Simply said, there is nothing fun in this game. Stealth is completely meaningless, while it should have been the focus of the franchise. Combat and movement have been made so easy they are jokes now. Side missions have been replaced by empty grind. The setting is ugly, as well as bland. The user interface is horrible. I honestly could not make myself to play this game beyond sequence 7... And watching the end, it's a disappointment. Like everything else.
  98. Feb 22, 2013
    After briefly playing other Assassin's Creed games I was feeling really positive towards this title. However after playing through the prologue I encountered a few things that spoiled the whole experience for me. First is a very subjective matter the main protagonist. I am talking about Connor. After playing as Haytham who was cool, well-spoken I got a rather slow-witted and possessingAfter briefly playing other Assassin's Creed games I was feeling really positive towards this title. However after playing through the prologue I encountered a few things that spoiled the whole experience for me. First is a very subjective matter the main protagonist. I am talking about Connor. After playing as Haytham who was cool, well-spoken I got a rather slow-witted and possessing the most obvious motivation hero who is really rather dull. The graphics are good but nothing stunning. The combat system is easy to master and very satisfying. The connection between the Assassins story and the American Revolutionary War is very interesting and not forced-in. The locations look well but moving through them takes too much time and eventually leads to boredom. Naval combat is the feature which I personally found the most innovative and pleasant. It is a pity that many games concerning pirates lack this system. To sum up Assassins Creed 3 is a mediocre game but not a bad one so if you are fan of the series you probably have already bought it but if not then this one is not a must. Expand
  99. Feb 20, 2013
    WORST game i ever played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  100. Feb 18, 2013
    BAIT AND SWITCH. I was under the impression that I would be playing a badass Indian assassin bent on killing the English. 3 out of the 12 chapters you play as the Indian assassin's English father. It is ridiculous watching an Englishmen jump from roof top to roof top. The combat is clunky and repetitive. There are two prologues and the training is horrendous. But the world itself isBAIT AND SWITCH. I was under the impression that I would be playing a badass Indian assassin bent on killing the English. 3 out of the 12 chapters you play as the Indian assassin's English father. It is ridiculous watching an Englishmen jump from roof top to roof top. The combat is clunky and repetitive. There are two prologues and the training is horrendous. But the world itself is really really beautiful and the music is awesome. If you have the horsepower in your rig and a great soundcard you can really loose yourself in the game. Don't buy for over $20 or you will be disappointed. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed III proves to be, despite its promises, a rather indecisive game. It comes with so many strong elements, that it could have been the best Assassin’s Creed ever, but it fails to harmonically balance those elements. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 offers a spectacular way to fill in the blanks in your knowledge of the American Revolution - it never holds back on scope, drama or action.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    What, no French revolution? For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment. And after Ezio (or Haytham Kenway), Connor is bland, irritating protagonist. Game is also full of chores that add very little to the experience. [Jan 2013]