6.1

1. Apr 17, 2014
    I played AC1,2, AC brotherhood and revelation in sequence without any other game in between. After 3 hours when i started playing AC 3 , i felt like somethings is missing. After finishing the game i felt like why is this story so **** and why the **** i have to play that naive "connor"??? Where are my Assassins brothers??
    But to be fair, the game mechanics and controls are improved.
    Graphics are ok and the most beautiful things is, you can skip ingame cutscenes now. Expand
  2. Apr 10, 2014
    While the combat is okay and the story in the simulation is fairly interesting, the game just gets fairly difficult at times. I haven't played much of other Assassin's Creed Games, but the animal block mini games are an easy way to get killed if there's more than two or three of them. However, the naval combat is definitely my favorite part of the game, but it's ruined when I'm pulled out for no reason to listen to some boring story. If there was more Naval missions and less out of simulation story the score would've been higher. Expand
  3. Apr 5, 2014
    What the hell was Ubisoft thinking when they made this game? Every game in the series thus far has been enjoyable despite their flaws, and if you were given an objective, you were usually given the means to actually do that objective. It seems that in this one, they've decided to completely forgo giving you ANY of the slightest conveniences for getting a 100% synch, MAYBE adding in a distant haystack or something during missions that require stealth. I don't think they quite understood that difficulty also has to be fun. It seems like they'd rather have you constantly replay the same mission with poorly-placed checkpoints until you simply go insane and destroy your computer.

Now that I've finished that little rant, on to more "important" issues with the game, like its ABSURD amount of glitches. It feels like every time Connor actually manages to shimmy and waddle to the place I want him to, I find disappearing people, things stuck in walls, floating objects, etc. It really feels like I'm playing an early beta build or something. It's just not excusable. In addition to all of this, as I've pointed out before, the already somewhat lacking stealth system found in previous games in the series has been even further reduced when you really need it. Coupled with the fact that guards now have sharper vision and alertness than eagles (Except for the times when they don't seem to see ANYTHING, which is rare), this really gets to be a frustrating problem.

I could go on and on about how utterly flawed the game is, but I'm tired, I'm frustrated, and I'd really like to stop thinking about all of these flaws. So lets look at the positives of this game: It looks breathtakingly beautiful, and it's pretty obvious that a lot of attention to detail was given to visuals. Every environment, every animation, every creature... it all looks very believable. Until, that is, you notice that bear that got stuck in a rock and can't do anything about it but spasm.
    And... well, that's pretty much all I found enjoyable.
  4. Apr 1, 2014
    This is the best AC game I have played so far. Sure there are some bugs and glitches but the story and game play makes up for those. The plot and storyline is awesome, the new combat system blew me away even if most of the controls has changed.

To sum it all up its a game you won't regret playing.
  5. Mar 30, 2014
    This game is just awesome! I learned a lot history and the moments as Desmond Miles is also very cool because you are an assassin when your'e him too! The best Assassin's Creed game so far! (Better than "Black Flag"). But that is just my opinion.
  6. Mar 29, 2014
    Assassin's Creed 3 still managed to retain the awesome storytelling of all previous AC titles. Aside from some bugs and optimisation issues in this game, this game is extremely fun and enjoyable.

Breaking off with everything related to the whole Ezio/Altair story, Desmond Miles uncovers the past of ancestors, Connor Kenway (Ratonhnhakaton) and his father, Edward Kenway.

The best
    title in the series, rich in content, Tyranny of King Washington DLC is phenomenal.

Play length is about 30-35ish hours.
  7. Mar 29, 2014
    The most annoying game i've ever played, worst than sleeping dogs. I don't want to climb and stay on top of everything. Killing half of the city isn't a problem but shoving them is inappropriate. Riding a horse can't be more difficult i guess, i don't understand why both character and horse stop moving when something block their way and don't care the damn distance between the target, this is really ridiculous. Expand
  8. Mar 29, 2014
    I learned how to jump from high places and broke my ear.
    I totally recommend this game to all kids who wants learn parkour stunts and kill teachers.
  9. Mar 7, 2014
    The story here is really motivating, much better than I expected. The best story in Assassin's Creed series so far. This time the game team put almost everything in it. But the control is bad. By just pushing one button the character makes a serie of movements you don't expect like you're watching a movie. Sometimes you lose yourself in the crowds or you don't feel like you're really in there. Although Assassin's Creed 3 is still a great, playable game that you don't want to miss. Expand
  10. Mar 2, 2014
    Almost a great game. But there are more than a couple of things in the game which prevent it from being as good as it should. The premise was always going to be sound. AC2 was an amazing game but AC3 does not build on it strongly enough and adds tedium and irritation to the gameplay by trying to do too much superficially. Colonial America doesn't seem as vibrant or immersive or real as AC2's Renaissance Europe. unfortunately, AC3 adds a lot of newer features to the game play which sometimes makes playing it tedious. the wandering around in the undergrounds beneath the cities just to find the fast travel points can be so frustratingly tedious it's more fun watching paint dry (at least then you can inhale the fumes ...) . The AI detection system is also sometimes wonky but more often than not, the detection rate can be frustrating (and sometimes it seems the guards also attack for no real reason even when you are no where near a restricted zone). The story-line and narrative isn't wholly terrible but it's not great either (at least no where near AC2). Unlike AC2 which gives a sense of character progression (without really engaging any RPG-like schemes - eg. ungrading armor/weapons, there isn't really a sense of character progression this time around). the crafting/economy/trading concept was interesting but mostly superficial. ultimately, it's sad that the most engaging gameplay (for me at least) in this installation of the Assassin's Creed franchise were the naval/sea battles. Expand
  11. Feb 13, 2014
    The game is not bad but it's not optimized well and there are lots of bugs and stuff. Otherwise the game is fun, it has an interesting story and a lot things to do like hunting, selling stuff, crafting.
    It's not bad but if there were no bugs it would be best.
  12. Jan 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is honestly not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Sure half the game is a tutorial, sure Connor is a little bland as a character. But the upsides of this game includes; The amazing music, the amazing graphics, the tight gameplay(If at times a bit glitchy). The only things that really pissed me off during the game is that half the time you played as either a young Connor, or Haythem. Don't get my wrong, those parts were okay, but then again a grown up Connor is on the cover, not Haythem, nor a little Connor. From my count, it takes at least 3 hours to even see the games actual protagonist. But other than that. This game is fine, you should get it, now that its like, $20 dollars at Gamestop. Expand
  13. Jan 27, 2014
    I have played and finished every single AC game upto this one and pretty much liked them. But my god how I hated this one. The gameplay seems to be taken right out of a beta version of the AC I. Guards get stuck in invisible walls all the time. Guards don't see you when standing right next to them, but then again see you 1 mile away. On the PC the map and every other menu makes you want to hit something. Quests usualy just start by talking to some dude without ANY explanation. You just run up to him, and a marker appears on the map. Many times the quest-dude just said "thank you" and the quest was over before I did anything (must have killed the particular guard sometime before?!). Immersion is broken all the time when silly things are happening all around you. For example, the main character gets a cut on his face, gets a pad soaked in alcohol pressed on it and 1 second later there is a closeup of his face and the cut is gone. I could go on and on but I wan't to forget about this game as fast as I can. Expand
  14. Jan 26, 2014
    The perfect example of how to NOT make a sequel

First, AC3 feels least like Assassin’s Creed game. From the overly specific full synchronization mission objectives to the walk-between-cutscenes missions, the player is stripped of the sandbox style of play. The game forces you to play a predetermined style, which rids of the fun. In fact, the entire game plays out like you are more of a
    soldier than an Assassin.

Connor is the least strong of the AC characters and I actually found him quite annoying. The game is rather shallow in that it does not delve at all into the Creed or Brotherhood, but only that it exists and is there to stop the Templars.

The game lacks any polish. First, the game suffers from poor mechanics. Fluidity and consistency are the biggest problems. While there is the random ledge grabbing and haphazard horse controls, the combat is the biggest misstep. I use to love the combat, but in AC3 it is tiresome. The counters work like half the time. The gunplay ruins any flow. I died so many cheap deaths because of the odd mechanics. Second, there are more glitches in bugs in this game than in any other game I’ve played, which is sad for a blockbuster franchise like AC.

Next, the extras do not tie into the game whatsoever. I completed the game without doing any extras. I did not find them fun and rather unnecessary unlike previous installments where I did everything. They were not explained well. Also, I did not see weapon upgrades or costume upgrades.

Other serious complaints are the rather terrible fast-travel between zones, strange menu design, and the insanely long 4 hour tutorial at the beginning of the game.

The Assassin’s Creed franchise is one of my favorites and AC2 is one of my favorite games of all time. I found so much disappointment and squandered potential with AC3.
  15. Jan 26, 2014
    It's such a shame that Ubisoft decided to make Assassin's Creed a yearly release title. The result of that decision has slowly led to the demise of the franchise and AC III is the prime example of that. AC was once one of my favorite franchises, but now it has been reduced to a mere shadow of its former self. First, the pros: AC III has great character models, animations, and cutsences. That's about it for pros. The cons:
    The setting is great, but it just doesn't work for an AC game. Remember when this franchise was about sneaking around and stabbing people? Yeah, not anymore. Now you get guns and are constantly expected to fight through hordes of enemies. AC needs to go back into history and stop coming to more recent time periods or it will further destroy the franchise. The gameplay itself has been revamped and now it's worse than before. Combat isn't nearly as fluid or fun as it once was. The game holds your hand for over 4 hours of playtime as it shows you tutorials for things that you will never do throughout the game. IT showed me how to hunt, but not what the purpose of hunting is. It showed me how to craft things and sell items, but i never had more than $4000 in my wallet during the entire game. Remember when the story was the focus of the AC games? The story hasn't made sense for several games, but now it is worse than ever. I had no idea what was going on in the present day Desmond storyline and if i wasn't student of American military history i'd have no idea what was going on in the historical Connor storyline either. The missions are boring and repetitive, the open world is useless as i never felt compelled to explore and i'm usually the person who would go through the entire game intending to get 100% sync by finishing every optional objective, obtaining every collectible and so forth. But this game was so boring i couldn't bring myself to even attempt that. On top of all this, the game is absolutely riddled with bugs and glitches. Every single mission had a problem with it somewhere. Whether it was a mission breaking bug where i couldn't continue, clipping issues, or the part where every time i open my accounting book to manage my property, the game would freeze and i'd have to shut down the process with task manager. SO much for that part of the game! Guess i'll never be able to upgrade my house! AC II is a complete travesty. Casual games looking for a fix and die hard AC fans alike should steer far clear of this disgusting game.
  16. Jan 24, 2014
    this game was amazing! it is honestly the best one since assasians creed 2. The story was great and the gameplay was fun. I love the amazing details and it reminded me why I love the assasians creed series.
  17. Jan 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassins Creed III is a game I haven't been longing to play. The first and second game in the franchise took me by storm and fulfilled my gaming experience. This game however is a complete different story!

Story wise this game is awesome and still stands by the Assassins Creed genre of History and Religion mixed with a little Fiction. However the game play itself is terrible terrible terrible. I even bought the game almost 2 years after release and still it's buggy as freaking hell, I dare say even worse than Fallout: New Vegas. Glitch after glitch and bug after bug. Some examples are the out of sync lip sync, cuts in the cut scenes where a lot of the dialog is lost, people vanishing in to thin air and appearing from nowhere, rag doll effect on corpses that fly away or twitch and spaz out, random people doing "acrobatics" in the middle of the street (actually worth seeing since it made me laugh out loud) and the annoying minor glitches that ruin some missions completely and just makes you so mad that you want to shove a blade in some random settler, witch is of course not possible.

The thing that bugs me the most is a minor thing. The person you play as can't walk up stair in a normal manner. It just looks weird as hell. If I'd try it I would fall on my ass.

Still the good things are that everything is beautiful, the landscape, graphics and the story but that can't help the terrible game play.
  18. Jan 15, 2014
    really enjoyd the game. the beginning is a little bit slow but after that you feel like you are involved in the american civil war. also there are not so many game elements that slow you gameplay, like in previews ac games like brotherhood. also the new setting is refreshing.
  19. Jan 3, 2014
    Ok, let's start with the positive so we can clear this one out quickly the cut scenes are awesome. Done. Check.
    Now with the negative :
    1. This is the most boring and clumsiest assassin you'll ever see in your life. This character I already forgot his name just to say is the total opposite of Ezio no charisma whatsoever, no substance, no facial resemblance with any of the glorious
    assassin family Desmond is the last heir of, boring voice and poor abilities. You can't get attached to such a dull character and have any fun using him. You just can't.
    2. All the Assassin's Creed games sucked me in from the very beginning of the story and glued me to my screen, wasting countless hours to make the scenario and characters progress. This one is so annoying, I have no interest in making anything progress and knowing what happened to the saga. I didn't even understand why Desmond ended up in the animus reenacting this stupid ancestor memories. Nothing's explained or makes sense. It's like, yeah whatever, just do it because well, it's an Assassin's Creed game so let's just milk the same cow again and issue a new episode of the series.
    3. The game-play has been revised for the worst. Listen Ubisoft, there's one golden rule in gaming and in programming in general: if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Don't. Just don't. Ever. Instead, you just frustrated millions of players who enjoyed so far the continuity of playing all Assassin's Creed games the same way but you also made it much worse by complicating for no reason a fluid interface with boring menus/sub-menus and counter-intuitive controls. This is an epic failure.
    4. The AI. Oh my! The AI is as equally retarded than it is deadly, depending on the time, the scenario and the situation. This is such a marker for a failed product to see the vast dichotomy between AI characters accepting you just vanished because you hid behind a barrel in their plain sight as it is when they accurately shoot you to near death when you're jumping from one roof to another, while alerting instantly every other patrols within a 50 miles radius around you.
    5. Gazillions of bugs everywhere. For everything. We're not talking about specific glitches in specific areas and such. Direct and obvious bugs like the character's cape going crazy and making him look like a ridiculous bat whenever climbing any tall structure. This is not something you can miss. Clearly, you haven't tested your product at all. Or if you have, you clearly have no respect for your customers in attempting to deliver any level of quality for your products. Let's just issue the damn thing and bang money as much as we can before they realize they bought a piece of crap. The fact that Ubisoft publicly told their customers they have no intention to fix any of the bugs, well I guess we all know now how they consider them (moooo!).
    6. Missions 90% of the time, I have no clue why I'm doing a mission or what I'm supposed to do. I just try random things until it seems that the mission progresses. The story is so botched that they didn't even try to provide explanations of why you're doing something in the game now.
    Overall, the whole thing feels very sour: the great saga that lasted for a decade now has been burnt to the ground by the greediness of Ubisoft executives in a clumsy attempt to milk their customers. From what I can read from gamers about AC IV, it's pretty much the same disaster. Guess what, won't buy it. Well, well done Ubisoft for shooting yourself in the foot and killing one of the greatest saga in gaming history.
  20. Jan 2, 2014
    This game has no ambition. They tried to coast on a well-known brand and plaster a series of stale mechanics onto a lifeless setting. There are a few sparks of creative energy, but by and large, it's not worth the slog through the soulless husk that is the Boston and its surrounding wilderness--a region, you would think, almost impossible to make completely devoid of interest. Somehow, they managed.

The gameplay and graphics are passable, which saves this game from total disaster. Give it a pass unless you are obsessed with the genre, in which case, prepare to spend the rest of your life on a collection quest for the 100 pieces of your broken soul.
  21. Dec 31, 2013
    The lowest point in the series. Not only does it run like an awful console port with enhanced textures (it is) there is a show stopping bug at EVER. SINGLE. FRAGMENT. of each sequence. It felt like I was playing a random number generator instead of being a part of a scripted game. Even though the writing is a bit forced into the genre, it is the only redeeming part of the game.
  22. Dec 27, 2013
    Awesome. I got this game one year after the initial release and don't really understand the low user ratings at all. Possibly the game had many bugs when it was released and it still has some minor bugs. But as far as atmosphere, story, graphics and gameplay go, it's the best game in the series so far. Simply amazing and one of the best games I've played.
  23. Dec 27, 2013
    The beginning of the game is very slow, but after a few hours it becomes very enjoyable. Another beef that I have with the game is that some side missions are a waste of time (e.g., listening to somebody's conversation) because you are not rewarded and/or the mission is just not fun. Despite all this, AC3 is a great game I have particularly enjoyed the never-seen-before naval missions!
  24. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I absolutely loved Assassin's Creed III and it's clearly my favourite from the series.
    The story is thrilling and I especially liked protagonist Connor Kenway. Following from his childhood on helped building up a strong connection to him, his character shows a lot of depth. The other characters you interfere with also have quite touching stories, and yeah, I admit I shed a tear when our friend died.
    Another great aspect about the game are the fantastic graphics. Take a black horse and ride deep into the forest in winter at night, look at the full moon, see your horse rear in front of the night sky it's just amazing. I'm not a fan of too-realistic-looking graphics, and AC III got it just right!
    The game-play was also fantastic, Connor does have some awesome new skills and weapons. I played this on PC but with an X-Box controller by the way. The enemies were neither too hard nor to easy to beat, and there's no way you'll get tired of playing, there's just so much to explore. Especially the introduction of sea fights is pretty cool, though I personally was not a fan. My brother loved them, I was kind of annoyed, the controls and everything weren't all that great yet, AC IV is a huge difference to that.
    Furthermore the game has a great soundtrack and it's just made with so much love, it hurts.

I can only recommend!
  25. Dec 10, 2013
    This is the first game I played from the series and it was a huge disappointment. The controls may be OK for console players I guess but on PC I felt just like watching a movie (with a bad plot) rather than playing a game. I hate simplicity at the expense of playability. That said the game graphics and physics are fine and there are few very good ideas. But the game as a whole is too boring for me. Expand
  26. Dec 10, 2013
    this no doubt one of the best assassins creed so far,amazing story and amazing characters ,its story is even better that assassins creed 2,especially haitham character is awesome, for me 10 out of 10 is fair for this awesome game
  27. Dec 4, 2013
    Worst Assassins Creed ever, half the game is a fricken tutorial and it doesn't even give u a tutorial on the stuff you need a tutorial for like crafting, Going places takes forever and the historical inaccuracy of this game makes me mad. Don't bother buying this game unless u like spending 8 hours of game play on getting to the actually being able to play as the main character. This is a horrible game. Expand
  28. Dec 3, 2013
    As Assassin's Creed fan I expected more. This is a huge downgrade from previous games. Extremely buggy and unpolished, even after multiple patches. Combat is streamlined and way too easy. One of the good things is that AC 3 looks stunning, both the combat and landscape.
    The new protagonist is dull and unlikable. The story inside the animus is mediocre but the story outside is extremely
    dumb and lacking. The gameplay has been dumbed down and is worse than Revelations, less smooth. I love the American setting, it's realistic and immersive but cities were not designed well, stealth is frustrating and navigating through cities quickly is a chore more often than not.
    It has many mini-games but most aren't interesting at all except maybe naval combat which was pretty damn good.
    Overall it's a huge let down and it gets only 6/10.
  29. Nov 28, 2013
    I have played 24% according to the save menu. I don't think I can keep going. After a four hour intro, making me think I would be playing a character that I'm not, I am basically stuck playing a quicktime game, with a main character that has no body.

He is not an assassin, he is not interesting, the word is boring.

This game couldn't be worse.
  30. Nov 27, 2013
    This is one of the reasons the Assassin's Creed saga should have ended already. It's a boring game with a boring combat system, a boring story and a sh**tty ending. God that ending. They could have done something right there but no, they decided to keep milking the story.
    I'm done with this saga.
  31. Apr 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. I don't care much for graphics as it's game play and story I'm after, so I won't make much if a point of the game looking nice. Haven't had enough time to get into this game properly but I'm already bored. After about an hour of 'game play' I've been forced to watch close to 16 cut scenes (which I can skip if I like...so I'll miss the story). I've only actually moved my character for about 10-15 minutes. "Perhaps this will improve" I thought. I closed it after trying my first sword fight not allowed to stab with my sword oh no. You must throw your first foe repeatedly into barrels, even when disarmed and on the floor. Perhaps an in-game training exercise? I also thought the first climbing scene in the theatre was a bit daft hanging from balconies in a tiny room in clear view of everyone. Very stealthy.... Collapse

Assassin’s Creed III proves to be, despite its promises, a rather indecisive game. It comes with so many strong elements, that it could have been the best Assassin’s Creed ever, but it fails to harmonically balance those elements. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 offers a spectacular way to fill in the blanks in your knowledge of the American Revolution - it never holds back on scope, drama or action.
  3. Jan 23, 2013
    What, no French revolution? For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment. And after Ezio (or Haytham Kenway), Connor is bland, irritating protagonist. Game is also full of chores that add very little to the experience. [Jan 2013]