Assassin's Creed III PC

6.2

1. Dec 10, 2012
    Pros
    -Great atmosphere and history
    -Amazing and humorous detail in the database -Fun combat -Incredible Naval Battles Cons -BORINGLY SLOW beginning of the game, spend 4+ hours as a different character and the boy version of Connor doing stupid fetch quests -Crap game economy, can go throughout the game without buying a thing -Heavy reliance on cutscenes, most of which are slow
    Pros
    -Great atmosphere and history
    -Amazing and humorous detail in the database -Fun combat
    -Incredible Naval Battles

Cons
    -Crap game economy, can go throughout the game without buying a thing
    -Heavy reliance on cutscenes, most of which are slow -Terrible replacement of building running with tree running, no longer fun to run atop of rooftops, because guards spot and kill you instantly
    -Relatively Bad U.I
    -TERRIBLE gun/throwing weapon controls

Overall, AC3 is a huge letdown in the AC series, and a disappointment to the stealth genre
  2. Apr 5, 2013
    The game itself is actually pretty good, somewhere in between an 8.0 and 8.5. The problem is the poor optimization for PC’s. It’s not acceptable! I’m using an AMD 965 HD7970 (with newest drivers and game patch 1.04), yet I find my fps dropping to 15 while in Boston and similarly low in other populated/urbanized areas. Sigh
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was looking for another open world game and decided to give ACIII a try. At first I really enjoyed it. Graphics are OK, it's ported to PC really good, production values are good. The story it pretty linear at first and sort of OK, so I stuck around waiting for the open world part to kick in.

But the game didn't get better, it got worse. And fast. Why? Because there is nothing really interesting to do. Or challenging for that matter.

Don't get me wrong the game can be hard. For example if you have to do a sneaking job and retry it until you memorize the movement of every f* guard in the vicinity. Or if you get killed for *some reason* after routinely fighting through countless enemies without a scratch.

But for the most part it is pretty easy and you walk around doing pointless things. Collecting feathers for whatever reason. Trading beaver pelts to get money you don't really need. Killing beavers and wondering if this or Far Cry 3 has more pointless animal killing. Doing boring side missions. Doing boring main missions.

Want an example? You obnoxious main character decides to assassinate some evil bloke and tries to find him by annoying everyone around him in some cutscenes. So walking around, cutscene.. Oh the English attack with the evil dude in command.
    Your job: ride around for 10-15 minutes and rouse some militia dudes. Exciting!
    Next: Watch a cutscene of the dudes you just roused (or whoever) get routed.
    Next: Ride to the next town on a timer. Great!
    Next: Watch a cutscene, this time being insulted by an even more annoying dude than you pc.
    Next: Defend some bridge by riding around and giving "fire" commands to some dudes. Wtf?
    Next: Watch cutscene getting explained that the evil dude you never tried to assassinate escaped and is now protected by so many soldiers that you have to.. bla bla bla.

Why call the game Assassin's Creed anyway?

I won't even start on side missions, which tend to be rather ludicrous. Like delivering mail. Or fighting ship battles that are usually over in under a minute.

Once again, it is not really a bad game, it is only boring, repetetive and the story is somewhere between stupid and annoying. Same as you main character.

*Spoiler*
    Don't get confused by the really cool character you play in the beginning, he just happens to be the plot twist. Might be one of the most disappointing feature in video game history.
  4. Oct 28, 2013
    A boring entry into a typically great series. Connor is mostly unlikeable and the story swings in all directions while Connor moves from obviously bad decision to obviously bad decision. Storyline is predictable and too much time is spent between forest and sea. Gameplay is typical but the environment is poorly developed making the mechanics feel clunky anywhere outside of the cityA boring entry into a typically great series. Connor is mostly unlikeable and the story swings in all directions while Connor moves from obviously bad decision to obviously bad decision. Storyline is predictable and too much time is spent between forest and sea. Gameplay is typical but the environment is poorly developed making the mechanics feel clunky anywhere outside of the city environments. The flash forwards back into the present with Desmond have become terrible, plain and simple. Expand
  5. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unfortunately, this is the first Assassin's Creed game that I wasn't fully enjoying the whole time and frankly, found many passages to be boring and annoying. First of all, Haytham Kenway was an AWESOME character. Cunning, intelligent, sophisticated. Switching to that angry kid in the middle of the game was very disappointing. The story didn't make much sense to me either. Let me explain. Ezio, for example, had a motive, the people he was after killed his family. This douchebag? He just goes around killing templars that are actually doing GOOD things and haven't done anything that much wrong, helping people that are manipulating him and are the same, if not worse, than the Templars he's after. Killing his own father tops that all off. Sure, I get it, Connor is an assassin and they are Templars. But is he really that dumb that he can't see the relativity of the situation? He's helping people with certain interests kill people with different interests, but all he seems to see is "good" and "bad", not even trying to think about what he's doing and what a ridiculous little pawn he is. The idiocy of Connor really ruined the game for me.

Lets sum this up, a beautiful living world, fun combat, countless hours of gameplay.... all ruined by having to play as a complete fool who kills random people that he shouldn't care about and doesn't even know why. I'm still giving this game a solid 6, because it did bring some innovation to the already amazing AC franchise gameplay wise (naval combat, for example), but Connor and the story were an enormous let down (and the boring linear missions).
  6. Aug 15, 2013
    This game bloody sucks, worst Assassin's Creed game and just bloody poor design overall.. The save system as with all the other is crap. In most of the missions you have to complete EVERYTHING, including the bonus synchronization tasks, in one go...in other words if you mess up just once you have to start the mission from the very beginning no matter how close you were to completing it,This game bloody sucks, worst Assassin's Creed game and just bloody poor design overall.. The save system as with all the other is crap. In most of the missions you have to complete EVERYTHING, including the bonus synchronization tasks, in one go...in other words if you mess up just once you have to start the mission from the very beginning no matter how close you were to completing it, THAT BLOWS. This game is also segmented more than the others, you keep getting cut back and forth between free roam and cut scene a lot which makes the flow disjointed and jerky. Also, the geometry and collision detection sucks as you will find yourself constantly getting stuck on the ground, or even things you're supposed to be able to climb. Horses get stuck in corners A LOT. Lots of random new game mechanics pop up at times too making gameplay feel inconsistent, things like quicktime events that all use different mechanics and that crap. As for sound and visuals and story this has all the Assassin Creed trappings except for the mechanics and gameplay..they suck. Mission save points suck, we need manual save, and the whole game interface, that animus layout interface sucks, it has ALWAYS sucked. Also, this game doesn't give you a clear idea of what you're supposed to do. Sometime you have NO idea what is supposed to be done. Other times they flash directions in the middle of the event as it's happening but it's too fast to read them so what to do when can be very confusing at times. This is a piss poor mess of bad gameplay, interface, clarity, saving. If it doesn't have to do with the visual appearance, sound, or story then it sucks. Expand
  7. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III is pretty addictive and has nice graphics & sound but it's really buggy (much more than Assassin's Creed II). Those are annoying bugs where you sometimes can't take down the wanted poster, can't reach a treasure box because it's buried in the ground or you can go through closed gates. Not to speak of your horse getting stuck between trees. The graphics engine doesn'tAssassin's Creed III is pretty addictive and has nice graphics & sound but it's really buggy (much more than Assassin's Creed II). Those are annoying bugs where you sometimes can't take down the wanted poster, can't reach a treasure box because it's buried in the ground or you can go through closed gates. Not to speak of your horse getting stuck between trees. The graphics engine doesn't seem to be well optimized for AMD CPUs/GPUs. I have an FX-6300@4,5GHz and a Radeon HD 6870@985Mhz and sometimes frames per second drop to 25 FPS on full 1080p HD without any obvious reason i.e. at places where there is not much detail or in cities even on lowest quality settings. The game is sponsored by Nvidia so this might explain it. The sea battles are really a highlight of the game and could be even a stand alone game but they are not very well integrated in the story and overall gameplay. Overall I think the open world could be a bit more deep with more things to do, more houses to enter, more NPCs to talk to. More in the direction of a real RPG game. Expand
  8. Jan 28, 2013
    Huge dissapointment. Unskippable credits just rolled. These days its either nuke or ufo. Here is the latter. Some great promises from previous installments have been broken. The mysterious story of ancients turned out to be silly and shallow - some answers are best if not told. So the series is over now, completely exhausted and dried out of essentials that made first Assassins CreedHuge dissapointment. Unskippable credits just rolled. These days its either nuke or ufo. Here is the latter. Some great promises from previous installments have been broken. The mysterious story of ancients turned out to be silly and shallow - some answers are best if not told. So the series is over now, completely exhausted and dried out of essentials that made first Assassins Creed establish its name. Every another game in the series was loosing its ground piece by piece, until this quite pathetic conclusion. What about game critics reviews? Game of the year awards? Did we really played the same game, or they got some bonuses together with reviewers copies?
    Maybe its just me, did you guys who live in USA enjoy this somehow more than me?
    Graphics: great. Sound: great. Story: promising at first, but completely failed in the end. Game mechanics: fights are way too easy though animations are impressive, STEALTH IS WITH NO PROPER TOOLS, eagle vision is completely useless, horses are unnecessary, leap of faith is sour becouse Connor cannot see where the spot is. Side missions: too many, not worth your time, you get nothing apart from silly dresses and minor improvements. Some whole branches of side missions should be eliminated by quality dept. (letters, deliveries, crafting, trading) these are trivial and pointless. Testers let through serious bugs, it seems that they were only able to test until New York, where glitches festival starts. Strong points: naval missions.
    Conclusion: for me its just one of these games that make easy money for the publisher. Consists of too many elements that can not make consistent picture. "Shitload of side missions in your face player". Epic finale of the series is not there. No more please. Play first AC and make real reboot, becouse you lost direction. Not the complete failure but still huge dissapointment.
  9. Apr 5, 2014
    What the hell was Ubisoft thinking when they made this game? Every game in the series thus far has been enjoyable despite their flaws, and if you were given an objective, you were usually given the means to actually do that objective. It seems that in this one, they've decided to completely forgo giving you ANY of the slightest conveniences for getting a 100% synch, MAYBE adding in aWhat the hell was Ubisoft thinking when they made this game? Every game in the series thus far has been enjoyable despite their flaws, and if you were given an objective, you were usually given the means to actually do that objective. It seems that in this one, they've decided to completely forgo giving you ANY of the slightest conveniences for getting a 100% synch, MAYBE adding in a distant haystack or something during missions that require stealth. I don't think they quite understood that difficulty also has to be fun. It seems like they'd rather have you constantly replay the same mission with poorly-placed checkpoints until you simply go insane and destroy your computer.

Now that I've finished that little rant, on to more "important" issues with the game, like its ABSURD amount of glitches. It feels like every time Connor actually manages to shimmy and waddle to the place I want him to, I find disappearing people, things stuck in walls, floating objects, etc. It really feels like I'm playing an early beta build or something. It's just not excusable. In addition to all of this, as I've pointed out before, the already somewhat lacking stealth system found in previous games in the series has been even further reduced when you really need it. Coupled with the fact that guards now have sharper vision and alertness than eagles (Except for the times when they don't seem to see ANYTHING, which is rare), this really gets to be a frustrating problem.

I could go on and on about how utterly flawed the game is, but I'm tired, I'm frustrated, and I'd really like to stop thinking about all of these flaws. So lets look at the positives of this game: It looks breathtakingly beautiful, and it's pretty obvious that a lot of attention to detail was given to visuals. Every environment, every animation, every creature... it all looks very believable. Until, that is, you notice that bear that got stuck in a rock and can't do anything about it but spasm.
    And... well, that's pretty much all I found enjoyable.
  10. Jan 18, 2013
    Amazing graphics but cutscene after cutscene after cutscene after cutscene just destroyed what should have been a great game. Have played and enjoyed all the series but I am forcing myself to carry on to the end of this one. Less then half way there and I don't think I can take another guess what! ya a cutscene. What a pity.
  11. Oct 22, 2013
    Ok, so, first of all, this was one of the most expected games in 2012. Everyone expected incredible graphics, amazing storyline, fighting mechanics, and other worth-buying innovations. They achieved the graphics, because they are incredible. The fighting mechanics are good too. The storyline- Mehh.
    I didn't enjoyed a lot playing it. I mean, it's not that I hate it or nothing, but, I guess it wasn't something out of this world. I give it a 6.
  12. Dec 3, 2012
    I couldn't get over the first frontier mission in Lexington. I didn't get to the Connor part, they killed my motivation well before that...I was so bored by the city of Boston...no side quest, no shop, no money, nothing to do outside the story. Where are the RPG elements in AC anymore ? The new fighting engine is simpler, but the weapon switching is a mess. I see this game as a dump downI couldn't get over the first frontier mission in Lexington. I didn't get to the Connor part, they killed my motivation well before that...I was so bored by the city of Boston...no side quest, no shop, no money, nothing to do outside the story. Where are the RPG elements in AC anymore ? The new fighting engine is simpler, but the weapon switching is a mess. I see this game as a dump down version, for the little kids of 15-16 who never played AC before. But for those who did played AC before, it's just another bad follow up since AC2. They just keep breaking it, further and further. When you dilute your Kool-aid too much, there is a point when it doesn't taste like kool-aid anymore...AC 3 feels just like that. Expand
  13. Dec 11, 2012
    I really don't recommend buying this game full price, maybe buying cheaper, but for $ 60,00, it isn't worth this price. The game is unfinished, they wasted too much time on the engine and graphics, so there wasn't money and time left for adding, you know? Gameplay. The missions are linear, scripted, short, and unchallenging, even Assassins creed I is better than this game and I hatedI really don't recommend buying this game full price, maybe buying cheaper, but for $ 60,00, it isn't worth this price. The game is unfinished, they wasted too much time on the engine and graphics, so there wasn't money and time left for adding, you know? Gameplay. The missions are linear, scripted, short, and unchallenging, even Assassins creed I is better than this game and I hated Assassins Creed I. The side activities are pointless, I got bored very quickly when I discovered that most side missions required of me to watch two or more loading screens, walk half the map to just beat a random dude or to do a simple fetch quest to some generic NPC. The game is just a big interactive movie, the story is decent, but is no way as good as assssin's creed II . I really don't understand, why Ubisoft want to turn all their games into interactive movies. Do you like interactive movies? Buy Walking dead instead (the story is way better and its cheaper too). Do you like open world games? Better games for you: Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Read Dead Redemption. Do you really want to buy an assassins creed game? Buy assassins creed II (it's still a game an not an interactive movie, will not bore you to death with endless cutscenes, the story is way better). Really want to buy this game? Better wait for a steam sale. If you buy this game for $ 60,00, you are just wasting your money and if this game sales are good, I fear for the future of the franchise. Expand
  14. Dec 25, 2012
    The game was lots of fun to play, but still falls short of it's predecessor, AC2, despite turning things around a bit from the downward spiral that was Brotherhood and Revelations. While it removes the poorly instated novelties that seemed there for only for the sake of novelty, it's not the game I wish it was. The overhaul of the combat mechanics was refreshing, and the open worldThe game was lots of fun to play, but still falls short of it's predecessor, AC2, despite turning things around a bit from the downward spiral that was Brotherhood and Revelations. While it removes the poorly instated novelties that seemed there for only for the sake of novelty, it's not the game I wish it was. The overhaul of the combat mechanics was refreshing, and the open world movement seems more fluid now, but the team cannot seem to build controls that are fully functional with a keyboard mouse interface. The mouse-look movement was sporadic and inconsistent, and the lack of customization, and keys that are used for more than one function are consistent with a poorly ported console title.

The story was garbage, and obviously pandering to a patriotic U.S. market. It could have been a beautiful tragedy of the day the Assassins started to lose their fight, moving them to where they are today. Instead it is drivel about one man almost single handedly building the new world and killing elk.
  15. May 30, 2013
    homestead missions are tedious, you have to do the homestead missions in a spesific sequence. the item crafting it's good but send convoys to trade them it's crap.
  16. Apr 8, 2013
    as for the boring beginning the firtts gameplay is great really great,
    nice combat moves and graphics buts thats about it as for you progress you se that youre enemys wil counter you counters and you have no way to kill them before the others schoot you like a dummy
    as for the missions yea read others critics there pretty much the same on that i loved the game until i got further and
    as for the boring beginning the firtts gameplay is great really great,
    as for the missions yea read others critics there pretty much the same on that
    i loved the game until i got further and so its become a dissapointment and fails at its core for what it is entertaiment as i begain to play the against enthusiasm and removed from my pc a waste
  17. Jan 3, 2013
    As a hardcore Assassin's Creed fan, this game was a huge disappointment compared to the others. The story-line in this game is alright, and the naval combat is quite good, however many things from the other Assassin's Creed games have been dumbed down, or completely taken out. This game almost felt completely different compared to the others.
  18. Feb 5, 2013
    Besides Brotherhood on the PSP, this was my first Assassin's Creed game. My friends who owned it on Xbox a month earlier continually talked about it. Hopeful for its success, I decided to pick a copy up. The game itself is gorgeous and fairly large (in comparison to my Brotherhood experience). However by the end of the game, I was beginning to hate Desmond, Connor, and Washington. TheirBesides Brotherhood on the PSP, this was my first Assassin's Creed game. My friends who owned it on Xbox a month earlier continually talked about it. Hopeful for its success, I decided to pick a copy up. The game itself is gorgeous and fairly large (in comparison to my Brotherhood experience). However by the end of the game, I was beginning to hate Desmond, Connor, and Washington. Their personalities got on me and I felt like it wasn't even worth it to progress through the story. Also, the story itself is extremely short, as I completed it and all the homestead missions in 21 hours, not even in a rush. Overall, this would be a good rent due to its extremely short plot, but definitely left me with an experience to remember. Expand
  19. Apr 14, 2013
    I love the story, the characters, the world they have created of the colonies is wonderful... But it appears they have bitten off more than they can chew at ubisoft. The game play is mediocre at best, and buggy at worst. I usually aim to get completion of these games, but I found myself just barreling through to get the story, and then uninstalling once it was complete. The fact of theI love the story, the characters, the world they have created of the colonies is wonderful... But it appears they have bitten off more than they can chew at ubisoft. The game play is mediocre at best, and buggy at worst. I usually aim to get completion of these games, but I found myself just barreling through to get the story, and then uninstalling once it was complete. The fact of the matter is the bugs over ride the fun in the game and just make much of it a chore to complete. It feels as though this game could have used another 6 months in development just getting the issues worked out. Sad.
    I want to love it, but its just so...... meh.
    I can only hope ubisoft reworks their game play mechanics for the next version.
  20. Jul 28, 2013
    I'm seriously impressed by the polish of this game, I'll give it that. The cinematics, voice acting and including real history is impressive. I'm three hours into the game, I'm falling asleep. I'll try to give this game a chance, hopefully it's the slowest start in history of games, I'll put in an hour or so more. If I was someone that has never played this series, I would beI'm seriously impressed by the polish of this game, I'll give it that. The cinematics, voice acting and including real history is impressive. I'm three hours into the game, I'm falling asleep. I'll try to give this game a chance, hopefully it's the slowest start in history of games, I'll put in an hour or so more. If I was someone that has never played this series, I would be impressed. For someones who has played the previous games, it seems like I'm doing the same repetitive quests and tasks I was in the previous game. Such a shame, so much unfulfilled potential Not sure how they can release a forth iteration, I think this series is out of steam. Expand
  21. Apr 25, 2013
    This game could be a 9/10 instead my best rating for it is6 and that's because i am a fan of AC games.
    I liked the story and the graphic but these issues with lag in Boston or AI being retarded ruined it for me.
  22. May 31, 2013
    In development for many years, it is apparent that the team put in much effort into the game. The scenery in the game is gorgeous, the voice acting is amazing and the animations are fantastic. However, by putting so much into the game, it starts to sink under because of its own weight. The tutorial/intro was hitting upwards of 2 to 3 hours before it ended. An over-all arching goalIn development for many years, it is apparent that the team put in much effort into the game. The scenery in the game is gorgeous, the voice acting is amazing and the animations are fantastic. However, by putting so much into the game, it starts to sink under because of its own weight. The tutorial/intro was hitting upwards of 2 to 3 hours before it ended. An over-all arching goal doesn't even come up until this time either. One could say that this 3 hour mark of absolutely nothing happening is because of narrative pacing and storytelling, but the story is just another one of good vs. evil. After a long-while of running around doing jobs for people I realized just how boring the game got. After the atrociously long intro, the game devolves into, killing a high value target, killing some random people or killing people from your ship. This quickly turns monotonous and anti-fun. Now however, the game is fairly cheap, and it would give you an extreme amount of game time; if repetitive not game time, for your money Expand
  23. Jun 19, 2013
    I agree with what other people have said that this game is not as good as the other Assassin's Creed games in the series. The game is mostly fun to play but has many frustrating moments filled with bugs. I have loved all the Assassin's Creed games but this one felt really sloppy at times. I played this game about 6 months after it had been released but it still has a lot of bugs in itI agree with what other people have said that this game is not as good as the other Assassin's Creed games in the series. The game is mostly fun to play but has many frustrating moments filled with bugs. I have loved all the Assassin's Creed games but this one felt really sloppy at times. I played this game about 6 months after it had been released but it still has a lot of bugs in it which I can't believe they haven't fixed by now. Some of the bugs involve quest triggers not working which means you have to repeat the game from the last checkpoint to get around the bug. All the bugs and frustrations stop this game from getting a really high score. Expand
  24. Jun 30, 2013
    The game itself is fine, fun, enjoyable, lots of stuff to do, nice graphics, redesigned gameplay,etc. The biggest problem with this game is this game suffers of bad optimization and porting. The PC version of this game has an incredible amount of issues: bad performances, glitches everywhere, missions that cannot be completed because of bugs, crashes, the patches have improved theThe game itself is fine, fun, enjoyable, lots of stuff to do, nice graphics, redesigned gameplay,etc. The biggest problem with this game is this game suffers of bad optimization and porting. The PC version of this game has an incredible amount of issues: bad performances, glitches everywhere, missions that cannot be completed because of bugs, crashes, the patches have improved the experience a bit, but not that much. To sum up, this game is not bad at all, but the port is awful. Expand
  25. Jul 1, 2013
    I liked this game, but i feel like it could've gone so much farther. Like Connor would've been this nice, down to earth character if only they developed him more. I almost felt like the developers just plugged him into the mix and tried to see if the players would like him. Personally, I did. I just wish they did more with him like they did Ezio. I'm also not the biggest fan of the sailingI liked this game, but i feel like it could've gone so much farther. Like Connor would've been this nice, down to earth character if only they developed him more. I almost felt like the developers just plugged him into the mix and tried to see if the players would like him. Personally, I did. I just wish they did more with him like they did Ezio. I'm also not the biggest fan of the sailing around, so I'm not exactly thrilled for Assassin's Creed 4. Expand
  26. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Eu esperava muito mais desse Assassin's, o trailer dele foi extremamente bem feito, porque o jogo na minha opinião foi um fracasso. História ruim, o Connor, que era o principal não era um bom assassino, ele era burro e esquentado, coisa que um assassino não deve ser, ele era habilidoso só. Mas enfim, minha nota essa pela decepção mesmo, eu esperava muito mais. Expand
  27. Jul 24, 2013
    this game was a huge disappointment. it could have been great, but they made it boring and glitchy. seriously, everything is boring. the character, the gampelay, the setting, the story, animations, etc.
  28. Aug 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. so assassin creed 3 is a game based of the assassin creed franshise that is amazing so i just want to start with the gameplay its kinda hard but the more you progress through the game you figure out a great way how to doge and stuff i trust me once you know how to do that you be invinceable and now ubisoft also added naval combat that is bad-ass but enough about the gameplay onto the story its leaves of the ending of assassin creed revaltion that i wont spoil but you Desmond miles the main protaginest of the story is forced into the animus that lets him revisit the lives of his ancestor and trying to save the world dyeing from a sunray yea and in this game your revisiting colinal times yae you get to see george washington Bajemen Frankilin and your ancestor Connor Kenway but his persinalty is not very likeable and the ending is just like the worse ending ever not having a freaking choice but lets look at the envirement of course you can visit boston and new york and the frontier and every place have great texture and with the new engine anvil they able to pull off tree free running that is great and everything looks beautiful but the ending was very bad for assassin creed fans the ending was a major let down and relay big cliff hanger Expand
  29. Feb 13, 2014
    The game is not bad but it's not optimized well and there are lots of bugs and stuff. Otherwise the game is fun, it has an interesting story and a lot things to do like hunting, selling stuff, crafting.
    It's not bad but if there were no bugs it would be best.
  30. May 26, 2013
    Being new to the assassins creed series, I did not find myself lost or missing out by entering during the third installment. This game featured some of the most epic scenes I have experienced in a game. Alot of the battles, especially involving ships, were on a caliber I had never seen before. The combat always kept me interested and entertained, and the world was worthy of exploration.Being new to the assassins creed series, I did not find myself lost or missing out by entering during the third installment. This game featured some of the most epic scenes I have experienced in a game. Alot of the battles, especially involving ships, were on a caliber I had never seen before. The combat always kept me interested and entertained, and the world was worthy of exploration. The ability to traverse obstacles and buildings in a "parkour" fashion never gets old and is entertaining enough to make you want to play in its own.
    My largest complaint about the game is that the game has a subtle feeling throughout that it had been rushed. This is most obvious with the "Homestead" which felt like it was building up to something good, but in the end was unrewarding and seemed half-implemented. Its the feeling that I know I could have had a lot more from the game the entire time I was playing it that soured the experience.
    Also, multiplayer is fantastic and made the game worth the price. The mechanics of their pvp are extremely intuitive and are something you will never have played before. The multiplayer of Assassin's Creed deserves more attention and credit than I have seen it get. Good stuff.
    Added: This rating is purely for the base game. The DLC are horrible and extremely overpriced. Dont bother with them.
  31. Dec 28, 2012
    Ubisoft's 'Assassin's Creed III' marks the end of a saga of heroism, bloodshed and absolute epicness. However, the game has left a sour taste in my mouth as the change in controls, layout and overall experience has shaken me. I found it difficult to combat my enemies without being punched in the face everytime i countered or blocked which would decrease my health. I also found that theUbisoft's 'Assassin's Creed III' marks the end of a saga of heroism, bloodshed and absolute epicness. However, the game has left a sour taste in my mouth as the change in controls, layout and overall experience has shaken me. I found it difficult to combat my enemies without being punched in the face everytime i countered or blocked which would decrease my health. I also found that the bugs and glitches of previous games had not yet been fixed such as the cape dissappearing into the horse your riding, or being blocked by invisible walls or just the occassional **** up in controls leading you to a 500ft plunge off a church building. The game's story is really interesting with the tale of colonized America and a native taking the role of an assassin to hunt his father and restore equality to America. The historical relevance and gameplay makes the experience feel real and interesting, however it is bogged down by repeditive cutscenes and small amount of gameplay. The maps are too large leading to confusion and more bugs and the shops are not plentiful. There is very little customization and the game fails to make you feel individual as a master assassin by not allowing this. Overall though, the game delivers a playable and mildly enjoyable campaign which im sure i will, no doubt, sit on my couch, play it through once missing all the challenges because I can't be stuffed and then recycle it for store credit at my nearest JB-HI FI. Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed III proves to be, despite its promises, a rather indecisive game. It comes with so many strong elements, that it could have been the best Assassin’s Creed ever, but it fails to harmonically balance those elements. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 offers a spectacular way to fill in the blanks in your knowledge of the American Revolution - it never holds back on scope, drama or action.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    What, no French revolution? For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment. And after Ezio (or Haytham Kenway), Connor is bland, irritating protagonist. Game is also full of chores that add very little to the experience. [Jan 2013]