7.3

1. Dec 28, 2011
    The worst assassin's creed yet.
    Assassin's Creed franchise's main strong point had always been its story telling. But Revelations didn't introduce the same vengence driven story that made up Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood. The story is a dull to pull through and often i wondered to myself why i am even playing this game. Without a good story, Assassin's creed Revelations became a
    climbing and stabbing game, which is exactly what it is right now. Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood had me hooked right from the start, and i finished both games within 1 day of constant gaming. But revelations just don't have the grip the other AC delivered, this game took me more than a week to beat since i just simple got bored.

Another main weakness is the weak setting- Istanbul. Istanbul was the capital of East Roman Empire. But times changed and at 1600s, Istanbul had become a city for Muslim worshippers and Ottomans. The game would had been acceptable if some profound characters are introduced in this game, but nope. Ac2 and brotherhood both introduced Leonardo Da Vince, which is considered the most known figure in the Renaissance movement. Brotherhood introduced no one, atleast nobody i am familiar with.

The city is a major downgrade compared to Rome. When i first heard that Revelations is going to be like Brotherhood, revolving around one city, i am joyful, but what i didn't expect is a city that is so watered down that it is smaller and less interesting than Venice in AC2. There is no free running space, the whole city look like the developer created a flat plan divided by a river, and copy and pasted a few building designs all over the landscape. Brotherhood introduced intercity horse usage, Revelations don't even have horse. There is not even flat plains to use your horses at.

But the worst thing i don't like about Istanbul is the dullness of the city. There is no main attraction in the city, like Rome's Collusium or Vetican's City Church. The city is flat, literally and emotionally. There is no specific missions that will hold your interest, the escape from Istanbul mission via ship might make you frown in curiousity, but it is NO WHERE near as epic as collusium's execution mission. This game is a huge let down to the standards Brotherhood had set for this franchise, and i hope that the developers will not keep up this type of effort.
  2. Nov 29, 2011
    Astoundingly, this game contains the same crappy collision issues that Brotherhood did. Ezio and his assassins literally jump right through enemies during running/jumping assassin animations. The whole animation is completely desynchronized and it looks like garbage. At least one online review noted this and yet they apparently did *nothing* to fix it. It's impossible to give this kind of lazy half-assed design any kind of positive numerical score, so my review score will sit at a 0, which is what is deserves. Expand
  3. Dec 21, 2011
    i created an account just to express my feelings about this game.... in 4 words "unfinished, unpolished and rushed" ... that's what i feel.. the character model is suppose to be better than before.. but IMO it looks really ugly, the facial expresion look really unbelievable.. desmond face is ugly as **** and ezio looks like a truck just came over his face... i get it he is old... but i really don't dig this new graphics... multiplayer is fun if you're a true fan of the game... else you'll feel really dissapointed ..interface is a joke... i feel more lost than anything... graphics are meh... and still has pc port problems. Ubisoft wtf? this is the game that all the hype was about? this is the game that i was so excited when i first saw the trailer... is good that i have friends to play or i would never expend 50 dollars on this game. Improved so far: Matchmaking and the nat status is a cool added feature, gotta love the new deathmatch mode and customizations are cool. i give it a 6 out of 10 cuz i'm a fan of the series since the first one... so i'm being polite here..... Expand
  4. CBZ
    Dec 6, 2011
    So far im not impressed at all. Someone already said this but i want to confirm it: It feels like a copy paste of AC: Brotherhood. There are no graphical advances, the gameplay is exactly the same. The few improvements such as hookblade and bombs don't make this game feel like a new game but just a DLC. Multiplayer maps are tiny and very annoying. And they changed Desmond and Altair's face and also Altair's voice which is a big mistake if you are following a saga like this.
    However, its not a bad game, if you liked the previous ones and want to know more about the story, or you are tired of playing in Firenze or Rome buy it. Its just as much fun, I'm just disappointed that they focus on producing one game a year instead of a new well done game less often. there was a huge improvement from the first game to the second, now this one feels like the same game with no effort whatsoever.
  5. Dec 8, 2011
    For me revelations its quite annoying. Ezio moves like he is retarded and also this whole thing about fighting for hide-outs and recruiting new members is taking way too much room. Story line seems ok, but still i didn't had this much fun like with previous parts.
  6. Dec 4, 2011
    The worst Assassins Creed with Ezio so Far :( . It looks like a copy paste of Broderhood, with new place (Istambul). But most irritating are the new faces of Ezio/Desmond. It realy feels like im playing some different game from different developers. The storry is borring, just series of "go there and complete mission). I just think that Revelations has nothing to do with original AC series, this is just product for additional profit for devs. Now im not telling that this game is cra.ap but im definitely dissapointed :( Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the worst Assassin's Creed ever made. It just spoil all the previous games because they made too many terrible changes to this game. The best thing about this game are the soundtrack (wich is physically missing on the collector's edition) and the multiplayer mode improvements. About the story, nothing relevant is revealed in this game, so, if you are looking for answers you're not going to find any, indeed there's some big plot holes that I doubt they will be answered in future games. Also, there's a big downgrade in some design aspects of the game, the most notorious is the NEW Desmond face that ruined his part of game experience. (Ubisoft said that is because of an "upgraded" facial recognition technology, but don't make laugh, he looks like a surgery went wrong...) He is not Desmond anymore. Also, some parts of the city, multiplayer characters as well Ezio costumes are awfully designed. I hope they can recover the quality of the previous ones for the next and last AC. Expand
  8. Jan 11, 2012
    This is a rather disappointing addition to an otherwise stellar franchise. First off, the game mechanics: I found the controls in this edition to be rather sluggish and unresponsive. I used the exact same machine and 360 controller as I used in previous editions where I did not notice any problems. One thing I always admired about this franchise is that it does not call for button-mashing. You can play the game quite skillfully with precise, measured actions. Easy enemies can be taken down with one to three button actions. I was always thrilled that Ezio or Altiar did exactly what I told them to do. But something is broken with the interface in Revelations. Nearly half of my single-button commands are ignored. To get my point across, I have to resort to button-mashing. So no longer am I eloquently dealing death to my foes. I'm just desperately swinging my blade and hoping I break someone's clavicle with the broadside of my sword. On top of that, the AI is simply obnoxious in Revelations. For example, if you are using gypsies to disguise your movements and step out of their protection for even a split second, your enemies will instantly identify you and attack. This also goes for when you send them in as a distraction. They leave your company but the guards will spot you before the gypsies arrive to distract them. I don't understand why they didn't just use the exact same AI parameters as they used in previous editions. It was never broken yet they tried to fix it. Another annoying addition is the sentry boxes and guard lookouts. There is no real pleasing way to defeat these enemies and they are quite good at nailing you with their firearms. I had to shoot one guard in a sentry box directly in the head twice from only a few paces away to kill him. Meanwhile, he got off three shots in that time. That's a bit ridiculous considered the nature of firearms at that time. There are numerous glitches in the game that do not necessarily interfere with gameplay, but they do shatter the feeling of realism. Probably the most terrible, shocking surprise in this game is the "strategy" element where Ezio is tasked with managing a defense of an assassin's den. With this element they achieved the rather unique combination of making the game both mindless and confusing. It is mindless because you really have no sense of result with what you are doing. You basically just select troops to deploy at random but you never have time to observe their effectiveness. It is confusing because there is just so much going on. Even though Ezio is right in the middle of the action, you will feel really disconnected from it. Remember that a core element of Assassin's Creed has always been the intimacy of carrying out an assassination. It's about getting close to a target and killing them before anyone knows what is happening. The sense of intimacy is further emphasized by the cut-scenes that follow major assassinations. Time stops for Ezio while he cradles his dying victim and has one final conversation. The pseudo-strategy gameplay abortion they added is entirely the opposite of that. And finally, the thing that put this game over the edge for me and caused me to not even finish it: the stupid freaking Desmond adventures in the land of Tron! I get it. Desmond is trapped in the Animus and blah, blah, blah. But I don't really care. I got really bored placing virtual boxes and wedges in the Animus database while Desmond rambled on incoherently about his childhood. To make matters worse, you play these parts of the game in first-person making it rather awkward to transition back and forth. I always considered Desmond and the events outside of the Animus a distraction from the true meat of the game. If they had made a game that just takes place in Altiar's and Ezio's time, I would have been perfectly happy. Up until Revelations, Desmond was a relatively minor part of the game. Here I just felt like he was taking over. I think Ubisoft made the mistake of thinking people actually like Desmond when really his is just something you have to get through to get to the good parts. This was the first Assassin's Creed game that I paid full retail price for at release. I convinced myself the purchase was justified because Ubisoft had such a great track record with the other games and I wanted to support them for that. I felt I underpaid for previous titles and bought this outright in an effort to make up for that. I really thought they were going to continue making great games in this series and beat the curse that every successful franchise seems to fall victim to eventually. I guess that was a good wake-up call for me. I'm back to my old habit of waiting until a game is extensively reviewed before considering a purchase. Ubi-Fail. Expand
  9. Dec 10, 2011
    its such a disappointment...
    a different Ezio n Desmond spoil it even more...
    virtually you have got nothing 2 do in the whole game except follow the footsteps...
    its a very pathetic sequel 2 its previous counter parts...
    even the graphics are not up to the mark...
  10. Feb 20, 2012
    I agree with most others, this is the worst AC yet. I loved the first one for its time, I REALLY loved the second one, and Brotherhood, despite its unresponsible controls and frustratingly tight mission requirements, it was clear there was a good core game with some good new ideas behind it.
    Revelations takes everything good from its three predecessors and throws it right in the bin. The
    story - a very important aspect of AC - feels like an afterthought and answers no questions. The new city if Istanbul is boring, repetitive and so overly colourful it actually becomes boring to look at as well. The tower defence minigame could have been good, but is just confusing and annoying, and I have to mention: What the hell were they thinking with the new faces? Not only is it wrong to suddenly change a person after three games, but the new Desmond is so hideously ugly I can't even bear to look at him, and old Ezio isn't far behind.

The two worst things, however, are the missions and the combat. The missions are pointless and now force you to do side quests all the time between missions, making you forget what little connecting plot threat there is, and for some ridiculous reason, the next mission is all the way across the map from the last one, making you run for 10 minutes to start it.
    The combat has taken a step back as well, where most enemies are now armed with firearms that can take you out in a few rounds, requiring you to constantly take medicine, which is fortunately easily replenished by looting corpses. Common enemies are also a lot stronger and take forever to kill, mostly because they attack very rarely (preferring to shoot you instead), making counter-attacks hard to use - and they just jump back every time you try to kick or stab them. I just spent 10 minutes killing three janissaries because they never attacked but just stood there and shot at me, while avoiding all of my attacks. The kick is supposed to stun them so you can attack, but it NEVER works - you're better off just hacking away with the sword.

I was somewhat annoyed with Brotherhood when it came out, but as the only positive effect of Revelations, I think I'll go back and play that with a whole new appreciation of it, knowing how much worse it could have been.
  11. Dec 3, 2011
    No improvements in fighting, game smells like a sloppy console port from miles away, short and mediocre storyline, boring gameplay and no time is spent playing outside of the animus which means no character development for Desmond Miles at all. Stay away from this game and skip the last part of the Ezio trilogy or watch the ending at youtube. Wasted money IMHO.
  12. Dec 1, 2011
    Overall i think the game was a great improvement from its predecessor (Brotherhood). One of the features that i like about this game is how you are able to travel to places much quicker than before, due to the fact that you can glide over rooftops, fast travel, etc.

The graphic details improved a lot as well, where the textures and models are more detailed than before. Like all games,
    this should always happen where every year the game improves in graphic quality and this game fulfilled it.

The new features of weapons/items makes it more easier to play. One of these items would be a grenade that you throw to wipe out a crowd of enemies. There are more features, that you should find that out yourself. The story line is also as good as older Assassins Creed series, bring rich and full fulling experience. This is a game that should be played, if you haven't played any Assassins Creed, i suggest you to start from AC2 and start up.
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    This is an Assassin's Creed game. Not as great as Brotherhood, and not without its flaws, but still a game that delivers a complex and fulfilling experience. Visually stunning and with few here and there improvements, This is a game that overall will not disappoint! Just avoid the tower defence part and you'll be fine! :) i would give it an 8 but it is one of my favourite series and i am giving it a break! OK? :) Expand
  14. Jan 1, 2013
    Small little detail that bothered me throughout the game. Ezio looks ugly as hell. If you've seen the CGI trailer for revelations, Ezio's aged apperance sports an attractive look with a sophisticated beard. The in-game model is of a wide-eyed hobo who hasn't taken a bath for several decades, and decided to cut his facial hair with a crab's claw. Oh, and his default clothing matches his hobo lifestyle.

Anyways, this game isn't anything special. Just the same old Assassin's Creed gameplay, but with watered down environments that I couldn't give half a **** about, and boring characters which are introduced and then thrown away. You'll also be able to play some boring mini-game where you attempt to move through boring environments full of cubes and then fall down through the map and become stuck, and then be forced to abandon the mini-game and all your progress in the level because there is no proper save/load system in that mini-game. You'll have more fun just slaughtering guards in a random spot in the city and then throwing bodies at civilians than you will through the entire storyline. Opening is overly scripted and just a boring tutorial with no proper explanation of what is happening. Only interesting point in the story is the ending, but unfortunately the ending ends with a cliffhanger ending. How disappointing. Want a good Ass Creed experience? Play Brotherhood. Or Ass Creed II.
  15. Nov 27, 2011
    Definitely it's good sequel, but it's time now to come Assassin's Creed 3 and the graphic level to get more detail.For others things i haven't problems :)
  16. Dec 27, 2011
    I played this game right after my second playthrough of AC II. I have to say, this game took the maturity of the Assassin's Creed franchise and transformed it into an adolescent action/adventure American piece of garbage. How come the director of Far Cry 2, which is a mediocre FPS and Tennis Masters series took the position of directing one of the biggest and best franchises in the videogame industry is still a mystery to me. Also before I finish my review, for anyone that knows mediterranean history, this game has some serious flaws in presenting what exactly the Ottomans/Turks were and most importantly, how civilized they were. I also find it funny that in Italy of Renaissance the guards didn't have any weapons but at the same time in Turkey, which was in the middle ages at that time, they had found rifles! In the end, one thing I learned from the Assassin's Creed series is: Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. And I use my critical thinking in everything. Thank you Ubisoft for teaching me how to do it. :P Here's looking forward to the next series by Patrice DÃ Expand
  17. Dec 8, 2011
    Desmond must race against the Animus' deletion period to listen to what his long dead Ancestor Ezio has lef to say. Quite frankly I thought the storyline (if you actually followed it) was epic, subject 16 was played very well and the whole. They also played back a part of the storyline that was missing, "The Escape" with a little bit oif portal like puzzle solving in it which was a nice change of pace for the game.

For my the animation of the characters was perfectly synced and the levels and areas looked absolutely amazing, I won't go into it so as to spoil game play but trust me on highest gfx they are amazing. The gfx are a lot higher than Brotherhood when you play it. The have really thought about the small bits and their texturing which they didn't in Brotherhood.

I like the combat as well and actually the enemies are quite a bit harder now, in Brotherhood I could actually get bored on a mission where Ezio was outnumbered, this game I was on an apprentice mission and I actually got so massively outnumbered I had no choice but to leg it, awesome!

The jumping is actually a little more refined too, I have push Ezios new jumping to the limits and I have noticed they have touched that since Brotherhood too.

Of course this game has the most amazing ending fight and scene, again no spoilers.

I gotta admit I didn't enjoy the tower mini-games but that was really the only flaw I could find.
  18. Jan 31, 2012
    Meh. As others have mentioned, AC has always been strongly story-driven. This what got me hooked in the first place. Sadly, the story in Revelations (what there is of it) feels like little more than an excuse to run around and stab people. The new character models for Desmond and Ezio are disconcerting, since they no longer look like the same characters we've grown to know and love. The first-person animus sequences are clumsy and not half as engaging or challenging as the animus puzzles from previous games. The whole tower defense thing seems like it should have been a good idea, but it actual play it feels intrusive; you suddenly have to drop whatever it is you're doing to run off to the tower being attacked, and the actual defense sub-game feels like a completely different game, like it just doesn't belong there. All in all, it's taking me a long time to play through because I keep getting bored and setting it aside for days or weeks at a time. AC has never bored me before. But now I hardly even care about what happens next in the story. That's a really bad sign. Expand
  19. Dec 6, 2011
    Very well ubisoft. Cool scenario - it freezes up me... Like the oscar film or the award-winning book.

The movie, that i can play. No popcorn and brain is not off. The unique work with love of work of game-ing....

La pace sia con voi
  20. Dec 30, 2011
    Not very good at all. The single player campaign is good in parts but mostly dull and repetitve and the controls are awful for PC players. The multiplayer is a great idea but it's a long way from being a proper balanced and addictive experience.
  21. Mar 18, 2012
    The story was pure **** and the game play was boring. The setting was also boring and the graphics and artwork dull. The ending was a huge disappointment. You don't have to play this sequel because it adds nothing to the Assassin Creed's story. It's reminded me of Lost where you watch an episode and it was like they said nothing at all. Just blah blubb, over, next one. I'm a big AC fan but i didn't even bother to collect and finish everything, unlike before. I hope the next one will be better but it seems that Ubisoft is trying to release a new episode every six months just for the profit. And that pisses me off. Expand
  22. Dec 23, 2011
    As of right now, I think Assassin's Creed Revelations is an amazing game. Having not played any of the Assassin's Creed games since 2 on the 360, and getting this for the PC I think this is an amazing game. I'm not sure how different this is from Brotherhood but the multiplayer is an incredible amount of fun and it never gets old for me. The story is amazing as always for an Assassin's Creed game as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this game to a friend who wants a rich story and never-ending fun multiplayer experience. Expand
  23. Feb 13, 2012
    Not nearly as good as AC2 or Brotherhood. It feels like Ubi wanted to take some chances with this iteration, but there wasn't enough commitment. The added features feel tacked-on, and more like an attempt to squeeze more cash out of the franchise. The departure of Patrice Desolets doesn't bode well for the future of this franchise unless they can re-discover what made it so great, and stop trying to drag things out unnecessarily. You've got a good franchise, guys, just don't milk it to death. Wrap the story up, and end on a high note. Expand
  24. Jan 21, 2012
    Disappointing, tsk tsk tsk. We all loved the Italy theme and don't get me wrong Altiar's travels were also lots of fun, but the gamestyle used in AC2 and ACB, do not go well with an Istanbul theme. They tried hard to re-immerse people in a new AC environment but they shouldn't have picked istanbul, not that it is not a great city it is just people want to see AC go in a totally crazy direction such as Victorian England or Ninja Japan. Ridiculous? yes, but fun. This game only has a few new features and puts you in the boots of ezio with grey hair, i mean splinter cell i understand but ezio? the parcour stuntman of the renaissance? just no. Expand
  25. Dec 25, 2011
    assassin's creed is as good as ever,but this installment lacks any major inovation a sequel needs.
    the biggest new thing being Bombs,which quite frankly,the game can do without.and feels more like an excuse to scatter material for it everywhere.another new thing is the hookblade which is a cool trinket but isnt enough to warrant a sequel. no what apparently is warranting this sequel is the
    story..which is in general lackluster except for the missions directly involving the masyaf keys that drive the whole plot to begin with. with all these complaints,you probably wonder why i would still give it this number. well thats because revelations is still a assassin's creed game,it still has the solid free-running and assassinations and it still maintains stealth as getting in the easier kills(not-counting counter moves, that this time around,dont always insta-kills). ow and if your worrying about desmond,dont worry,we still get plenty to see of him..or not, if you prefer that. Expand
  26. Dec 2, 2011
    Revelations is kind reminiscent of the kid who went to college but didn't know what he wanted to major in. The game has you doing alot of stuff from the 3 previous games, but there is no single direction. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as seeing different pieces of different games redone in better quality graphics is nice. The gameplay is pretty well done, the extra little bullet-time slowdowns in combat are fun, and the graphics have been increased by UBI to show off their engine. I have to say it feels a bit disjointed from the first two Ezio games story-wise, and the Desmond story is pretty good, but alot of parts are quite odd.

This game is VERY different from Brotherhood. So far, I am mildly enjoying it; I am a long time fan of the AC series, from AC1 to Brotherhood. I've even watched the movies. But its just missing that spark you had in ACII and Brotherhood. Thats why this is a 7.
  27. Jan 27, 2012
    Fantastic sequel, i do not understand why players are hating this game, It is the lead out of Ezio and Altair so you can expect the next installment to be about Desmond which will open a lot more possibilities to the Ubisoft team. The game: The story is very holding and gripping, you as Ezio mostly, discover the story behind Altair and what happened to him at the end of Assassin's Creed, Gameplay: Free running is just as good as the first 3 installments with the added Hookblade for more fun, the fighting is better as you don't feel too much like a bad ass in this one as you're older and its good to feel that Ezio has his limits, Training and using your own assassins in this one has been improved, giving them certain areas to hold once you have levelled them high enough.
    Same things to do as before, defeat the Borgia in areas of the city with the added ability to lose these areas and having to fight off the Borgia or to regain the area later on. The graphics are as amazing as they have always been and the Story is fantastic, my only quarrel with this installment is, not enough side missions to keep you going. Ubisoft need to stop focusing on the Multiplayer side of the game and focus more on the game, it needs to be bigger an needs to be longer.

Oh and haters. GET A BETTER COMPUTER, stop moaning about graphic issues with games that demand the use of a decent GPU, throw down your cheap Dell laptops and buy a console if you want to play the games half as good as the PC version.
  28. Jul 14, 2012
    Give this a zero because it installed DRM. I did not think Steam would even allow DRM so I am very disappointed. Even if Valve doesn't give me a refund I will never play this. I will just consider the money lost for the sake of a learning: I learned never to do business with Ubicrap.
  29. Nov 29, 2011
    oh god, desmond, what have they done with your face?! as keoki said whole desmond part of the game was ruined cause of his new face. other than that, its good old assassins creed with couple fixes of the old bugs and a few new ones.
  30. Dec 4, 2011
    In the previous review I forgot to mention that you really wish for the horse just like in Brotherhood's Roma
    Also new eagle Sense actually makes Eagle "vision" somewhat more logical.
    Just like brotherhood had many temples for really amazing puzzles, Revelations contain mind blowing architecture and beauty of caves that you would not think would be interesting. The only thing that is left
    to wonder is how on earth have assassins build al those paths and hidden vaults. But the game but only if you are AC fan Expand
  31. Dec 29, 2011
    Not a bad effort but something is lacking - or it may be that I have outgrown the series myself. The addition of bombmaking is somewhat tedious and boring and does not add any value for me. The story itself is good as are the graphics (PC) Not really for newcomers to the series but one for enthusiasts to bring it all together. In summary, more of the usual with a few additions that for me don't work and these are in place of some things introduced in Brotherhood that were actually a bit better so for me a 7. Expand
  32. Dec 31, 2011
    It's wonderful,the game is beautiful and delicious, the better game in the franchise yet, it's full of all the elements that made assassin's creed the best historic-based series of all time (:
  33. Feb 20, 2012
    I'm not impressed. Why? There's copy form Brotherhood, story is not bad, but there's very easy missions sometimes, there's not any difficult thing to do. I don't know why they can't put some innovation. New graphic engine? It's time for it, cause everyone is hating Call of Duty for old engine, but AC have 3 games on same engine, and next episode is going to be too on old engine. Not bad game, but i want some better action in AC:III cause there's no any innovations, except end of the game. I'm sorry for my bad language. Expand
  34. Dec 7, 2011
    One of the best game in a series I have ever experienced, the story and the game play is more like a movie then a game...just AWESOME.

the game play, controls, graphics are great, I had no bugs...which is always a blessing...and it was hard to leave it at night, one of those games that just pulls you in the storyline and you have fun all the way. BRAVO
  35. Dec 22, 2011
    This game is well made but did not reveal much. We did get to know what happened to Altair after the first Assassins Creed, but otherwise not so revealing as it promised. I like how much they added with the Brotherhood of Assassins in this game, ibut some of the texture flaws in this game make it annoying and irritable. But is still is fun. I like it, 9 out of 10.
  36. Aug 10, 2012
    Clear the game just simply mega bomb! This game should put a very large otsenka.Pryamtaki odinatsat desyati.Vot worthy of the score is quite igre.A Sjolie tupite.Koroche game class to buy ALL ALL ALL.
  37. Dec 26, 2011
    Beautitful Ambient music, Beautiful and very detailed city, Great story. There are a few bug here and there, and the controls for PC are a bit wierd, but nothing to ruin the overall experience. Its a really good game that most gamers should give a try if their PCs are up for it.
  38. Dec 30, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Revelations is basically more of the same, so lets head for the review it self.
    Evaluation Method > Graphics,Gameplay, Story and Soundtrack & Effects.

Graphics: Nothing new here, aside from some improvement in the lightning and tone mapping but nothing significant. It's funny how the graphics of the first Assassin's Creed with DX10 are still the best among the series.
    Bottom line, the graphics are good but do not improve significantly from Brotherhood. Graphics Grade 7/10
    Gameplay: The gameplay remains as good as it used to be, combat is very centered in the counter kill system which works good but is not perfect, in the end the hookblade was an not so important addition as the game sells it. Gameplay Grade 8.5/10
    Story: I'll try not to spoil anything here by just saying: there are three storylines, one with Desmond, one with Ezio and a minor one with Altair, Altair and Ezio's stories are very well explained but Desmond's is very badly explained. Story Grade 8/10
    Soundtrack & Effects: So the sound effects are extremely good in some parts but very cheap in others, basically not so well developed.The soundtrack on the other hand is great through the game even though there parts without any, basically if you liked the previous games soundtracks you'll enjoy Revelations. Soundtrack & Effects Grade 8/10

So Assassin's Creed Revelations > Final Grade: 7.87/10 which means 8/10.
  39. Dec 28, 2011
    This game was a massive leap forward for me as I have only played the first game all the way through. I have played brotherhood and II. This game is nothing drastically new but it has enough new features to make it a worthy successor to Brotherhood. The new setting is great and a welcome change from Italy. However, looking towards the next game, I am hoping the do something new, as I think that this formular, characters and setting are all worn out. A new time period and a proper sequel to assassins creed II will be needed in order to keep this series fresh. I want Assassin's Creed III. Expand
  40. Dec 29, 2011
    It's a great game for those who likes the series, but it's not very fresh. It gets repetitive, it doesn't have a lot of new features. It doesn't have the unique feel the 2 predecessors had, On the other two you remembered at what place you were at just by looking around, on this one everyplace seems to be the same... It wasn't very special for ezio's storyline either, the game only gave us missions to go after some stuff to get access to altair's memories and help the other assassins without any real, solid objective. The Den missions are boring. The side quests are not fresh anymore, so they're not very great. But yeah, overall it was a good game and it throws us on a good place for the next one, which I think it's going to be a blast. Expand
  41. Feb 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked this game but.....
    It seems like Ubisoft is going for the crappy set piece moments (Thanks COD>:() and doing the release every year and do little changes. Me personally I HATED Brotherhood I couldn't like it. This game fairs better, the hook blade is awesome, the kill moves are crazy, the story is good, and characters are better. My favorite: Altiar came back with a different voice actor (not happy about that) but I felt connected to the characters, I was sad when I witnessed Altiars final moments knowing that I was him back in 2007 and like 4 hours ago but a younger version of him. I was also way more connected to Ezio like in 2009 in assassins creed 2. The multiplayer is WAY better, there are not clones everywere (thank god) if you see a person that looks like the person in the picture its them. Customization is great. This is a good game but at certain moments forgets to be assassins creed like in demonds journey (side missions) they are unlocked through finding collectibles and are annoying puzzles (its first person), its got a little bit of a portal theme (not as fun as portal) Why can't we just learn about him? Why do we have to go through these annoying puzzles? The tower defense is fun but clunky. This game is great but has flaws.
  42. Mar 8, 2012
    I got this solely for the multiplayer, which is something ubisoft clearly is terrible at. The base premis of the multiplayer is pretty good. You have a target to chase and someone is after you. The stealthier the kill the more points you get. This solid concept is tarnished heavily by the unworkingness of everything. If it can be imagined not working, it can break. Often kills or abilities outright fail to take far too often. The lock feature seems broken too. It's near impossible to target properly sometimes and the lock feature now allows you to accidentally kill civilians when you have clear sight of your actual locked target. The game is further marred by the abilities. Most of which are imbalanced and take away from the stealth. Charge and smoke bomb allow most to run around like maniacs and charge wildly at targets automatically killing the intended victim in the crowd. Smoke bomb allows you to stun a mass area of people and is too fast to see coming. It's made more annoying by people who exploit it with poison for points normally a stealthy kill would only give. The worse issue with it is that people not your pursuer or target can stun you with a smoke bomb, allowing your actual target or pursuer to stun or kill you. This is extremely annoying when the entire game consists of players running around and throwing smoke bombs on anything that moves. Templar vision is the worse ability in the game. It's a stealth game and this ability marks any players apart from the crowd. This is only there to assist the retarded (Casual) in their endeavor to succeed in the game if they find the complexity too much. Finally, the match making is worse than ever. I can virtually never connect with friends and most game-types are constantly empty. There is no excuse for a game this new to have virtually no players on most game-types. Furthermore, entering a game in a group splits up your group (Whats the damn point?).In conclusion this could be an amazing, groundbreaking multiplayer but the ever present market of idiots that cant play online games without a cheat button has casualized and ruined yet another concept. But it's not like ubisoft really tried. You can't even use text chat in this mess. By today's standards for multiplayer, this game is 1. Too broken to connect to most games/friends properly. 2. Heavily unfinished, imbalanced, and buggy. To top it all off this is the second one they've made with a multiplayer. And in two games the multiplayer still cannot perform basic functions (Such as connecting you to a game). The outright inability to connect to games properly, if at all, is simply embarrassing and therefore I deem this game to be a broken, unfinished product. Expand
  43. Jan 28, 2012
    The game is great ! great to play . Real nice addition to the assassins series ! just didn't like that they make such a good game n end it so fast , i mean the game is very small . with all the features n game play gamer's would love to play more ! Also the end isn't so mind boggling or doesn't leave us amazed or confused like the last games assassins creed 2 and brotherhood ,So that a minor issue . But its features and game play and story and Desmond being trapped in animus , trying to remember his past , Ezio getting to know the main event's happened in Altair's life , all this just overcomes the small issues making it a Fabulous game !!!. Expand
  44. Jan 28, 2012
    Well, I've been expecting very much of this game. The storyline of the game is quite out of expectations than the other series. Something that shouldn't happen happens, and it injects the sensation into most players. And the word "revelations", is the key for players, but recommend to finish all other series before AC Revelations in order to completely understand the whole story. Altair learned of the past and the future, of life and death through the Apple. And players learn moral values and minds through the game. The real thing is, not only Ezio and Altair conduit the message to Desmond, but also through Desmond to players. Players will have to think deeply and they will get it. The soundtracks are also awesome as usual. Some are spiritual inspiring and some are cultural feel. The environment of the world is slightly different than the other series. For example, you get near to a soldier, they won't simply push you away. And if you pushed somebody accidentally, they would apologize too. And with Assassins and Templar Den, this cause a war that never ends in the game. The features are also slightly different. You can choose primary and secondary weapon to use them without wasting time. It also has variety of new combat techniques and slow motion camera. What makes a disappointment is that the Animus Virtual Training program has changed into a worse way. The training only allow you to play with specific requirements, unlike in AC Brotherhood that has lesser limitations. And there's no horse riding available in the game. It's worth if you are very interested with the story. But it would be better if you learn something in it, either changing to a better mind or combat. Expand
  45. Feb 1, 2012
    A intriguing but cliche finish to the story. The city of Istanbul is magnificently portrayed. However, some of the dialogues are weak and unrealistic and the limited voices makes all the minor characters sound the same.
    This game's strong point is the overall expanding assassin's creed concept of the animus but the previous games are more interesting .
    There was a lot of potential
    unrealised in this game and that is a real pity. Expand
  46. Feb 17, 2012
    This series need to end. I plead gamers, stop spending money on creatively bankrupt franchises like this. I have a huge, ginormous nerd-boner for AC2, but it's the only decent game in the series. Brotherhood was clear and honest with how much time wasting bulls*** you'd be spending you're time with, but I was still shocked when a half hour in to this game, you are expected to 'play' a horrendous tower defense section. Yes, it is only required this one time, but once is too much. PLEASE developers, do not respond to market research pressures! Gamers enjoy focused products, not bloated games like this one. This game feels like an entire back of the box quote- "massive, expansive world", "realtime crowd interaction" and "compelling gameplay" but what you have is a sports franchise game: Yearly updates to a formula, little creative risks taken to narrative and setting and a unsettling feeling of deja vu. The world is literally a copy and paste menagerie of textiles and shader maps. This is a functionally competent product, but so is peanut butter. I want 2-3 years before the next AC, and it should be as significant as AC2. Vote with your dollar, do not annualize an otherwise great series. Expand
  47. Mar 6, 2012
    another year, another terrible assasin's creed. why can't they let this grabage just die? ubisoft is a BAD joke and they should just stop existing. it's garbage
  48. Feb 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Revelations" improved "Assassin's" world in many ways. But yet I have some mixed feelings about it.
    On one side, there is a polished gameplay (comparing to assassins released earlier) and a solid story, on the other side some additions to the story (I mean animus) and DLC content didn't work as much as I had hoped, some episodes in story were either boring or poorly directed (death of Lucy).
    Anyway, the game is a good ending to the story of Ezio, maybe not as epic as many had hoped, but good anyway.
  49. Mar 14, 2013
    I loved it, wish AC3 was more like this. It made me very disapointed to see how AC3 turned out to be, wish they would just make them like this all the time.
  50. May 3, 2013
    TL;DR version: This game had no reason to exist. Stealth assassin stuff is cool as usual, but there's not enough of it. Way too much completionist Zynga-style crap. Boring setting, characters and story.

Full version: I realize this would've been more relevant like a year+ ago, but I waited to play it and got it for $5 on Steam instead. Which is about all it's worth. When it came
    out, I think a lot of AC fans kinda wondered if there was any reason to do another game with Ezio. Well, the answer is no. No, there wasn't. But since I've played all the others, I figured I'd play this one before I eventually get III.

The actual stealth assassin gameplay is still badass, and it always has been. However, it's becoming a minor portion of what you actually do in the game. Instead, you get a lot more Zynga-esque "do this crap 15 times, wait 10 minutes, then you can do it another 15 times, etc."

Of course, AC has always had a bunch of random squares all over the map for you to chase down and do mini-quests. Revelations just has an overwhelming amount of it. The economy/city management stuff adds nothing to the game, and would fit in better as a stand-alone title on Facebook known as AssassinVille.

You have to run around and "renovate" like 100 different stores and buildings around the massive city. Why? So you earn more money every 20 minutes. And where does 90% of that money go? Into "renovating" more crap. Basically, they tweaked the game economy to gobble up your cash a lot faster than it did in Brotherhood.

And since you're old Master Assassin now, you have deal with training assassins and running guilds around the world. You can start getting underlings pretty early in this game, so instead of having to kill those pesky guards yourself, you can just have hit R1 to have NPCs drop out of the sky and kill them for you.

The assassin training stuff wouldn't be so bad if they just limited it to the city. It actually includes some of the better actual stealth-kill missions of the game. But instead, they expanded the "Take Over the World" text-based mini-game, which again plays like something made by Zynga, except with less graphics. They made it where you assign your assassins to a bunch of other cities, so you're constantly having to go out and train new ones.

So you got your 100 stores and buildings to renovate. You got your couple dozen assassins to train, your 10 cities to take over, your 100 world missions to do. There's some quests involving thieves, and mercenaries, and Romani. There's a 100 animus data fragments to find.* And 10 pages from some guy's journal. And a bunch of random treasure chests, etc etc.

Wait, wasn't there a real game about killing Templars and stuff in here somewhere? Oh yeah, that. Well, the story and the setting in this game kinda suck. There are really no interesting characters to care about. Ezio barely manages to keep your attention as the lead. There's some boring chick that he falls in love with. One random sidekick. Some boring villains with uninteresting backstories and motivations. Just in general, Constantinople and Ottoman royalty are boring as hell compared to climbing around Venetian waterways and Roman ruins, hanging out with Leonardo Da Vinci, Popes, and other charismatic Italians.

Sure they added bombs and a crossbow, but there's really not enough challenge to the game for you to actually need to try very hard to utilize your weapons. The bombs are an occasional gimmick, and the crossbow offers no distinct advantage of ranged gun and knife options.

If you're playing through the AC series, just watch the ending on YouTube or something.

*This rewards you with another mini-game that looks like Portal without a Portal gun and has Desmond rambling about his memories (which happen to contradict what we've learned about his past before) while he meanders around some kind of Animus block world. Yay! Not really.
  51. Jan 9, 2014
    As compared to brotherhood, there may not be many new things added to the game. There's the hook blade and bomb crafting which are both excellent. The Den Defense and Desmond platform missions are however, not so great. Apart from these there have been many tweaks, but they are all minor. It feels and plays just like Brotherhood. This is the ONLY flaw in the game. The game is terrific in all departments. The Story is the best I've ever heard. It's absolutely stellar. There are a lot of moments in the game that quite frankly WILL take your breath away and leave you with goosebumps. Storytelling has been improved by miles and the cinematic cut scenes are excellent. Ubisoft has done a great job in tying up all the main characters together and the story really comes together in the end. A perfect goodbye to Altair and Ezio Auditore. Their stories are legendary, they are an inspiration and they will never be forgotten. Ending could not be more perfect. It's explained perfectly and really stirs up a lot of excitement for what's to come ahead. Assassin's Creed Revelations : "Checkmate. Your Move Assassin's Creed III." Expand
  52. Mar 9, 2012
    The game itself doesnt have many changes compared to brotherhood. I was pretty impressed with brotherhood but in our technologically advanced society there are constant improvements in graphics an cpu power. In a sequal i expect impovements. ( otherwise we would still playing tetris and pacman) Storytelling still ok but seriously scouting another city to sit on top of 20 towers? I give it a 7 but barely. Expand
  53. Apr 15, 2012
    As Ubisoft piles new weapons, animations, and hordes of enemies onto their once-great-now-tired Florentine hero under the guise of a sequel, I become more and more grateful that the third game will, at least, bring a new beginning.

Let's face it: Assassin's Creed was half-impressive. At first it was the best thing since sliced bread, but eventually, after you notice that every mission is
    the exact same one as before in a new city, it becomes repetitive. The second game was the gem of the series - a perfect balance of story, setting, music, and combat - both tactical assassination and heated fights. But as the series progressed in Brotherhood, the story became second-rate, and more and more emphasis was put on parkour and large fights. Still, I forgave Brotherhood because, despite its flaws, it still maintained established characters, a beautiful setting, and at least moderately addicting gameplay.

Then, Revelations. Revelations started by taking everything we knew about Ezio away - all of the characters we knew since II, one-dimensional as they were, all of the Italian settings we had come to enjoy, the enduring fight with a corrupt Vatican. In return, we get shallow characters that seem less interested in helping us solve our goals, and more interested in having us as their little assassin call-boy for their own domestic disputes which, frankly, I could care less about.

The gameplay progresses little. You get a couple more tools and weapons - but frankly, I'd prefer a small arsenal that I use a ton than a large inventory of every type of bomb I could ever not want. The free-running remains fun, and the setting is visually fantastic, although the presence of a large body of water cleaving the city in two (which can only be crossed at one or two locations without taking a long, long swim) puts a damper on your building-climbing fun. The combat system plays exactly like Brotherhood, despite the addition of several almost useless weapons. Finally, the notion of being an assassin, of fulfilling tactical missions that involve more than lobbing a cherry bomb to distract guards, and the urgency of combating one or two powerful adversaries is replaced by a game full of mob fights focused around a goal that has little if any urgency behind it.

But let's talk about Desmond/Adam Sandler for a second. Since Desmond is in a tricky situation - separated again from the characters that have been established over the last two games - the only story outside of Ezio's we get comes in the form of first-person (yep) "puzzle" platformers that provide moderately interesting story backed by a hideously boring and nonsensical physical "game". I would have rather just read the narrative on a black screen. But - I'll give them this - the extra Desmond parts are unlocked by your actions as Ezio - by collecting bonus items - which make for a much, much more attractive reward for bonus activity than collecting feathers or investing in shops did.

Then there's the technical side. A sub-par physics/collision system, AI glitches that result in non-hostile enemies in the heat of combat, graphical bugs, and stuttering with the highest-end systems only. It literally reeks of sloppy console porting.

Fortunately, ACIII will bring a new story (technically it won't, but by nature of the series being a frame story, the inside story is the one most people really give a crap about). Then again, by destroying everything that made Ezio who he is (other than the accent, of course), Ubisoft effectively made a new story with Revelations, and did a horrendous job at it.
  54. Mar 21, 2012
    While I would agree with many people who clearly state "this is the worst Assassin's Creed yet" this by no means is cause for alarm thinking this is a bad game. Even if it's a bad Assassin's Creed game it is still a better offering than most games have to give. The graphics are the best looking yet (although some character models look a bit...off). Some parts of this game are just stunning to look at. The game-play itself doesn't feel quite as smooth or refined as in previous iterations but it is manageable and hasn't caused me a lot of issue. The story itself is slower paced and less urgent than its predecessors which reflects Ezios growth as both a character and an aging man. Still, it is a small step backwards storytelling wise with what you expect from an Assassin's Creed game, but it is still and enjoyable play-through. I only have a few gripes about this game, one is a gripe I have had since day one of the series, the other two exclusive to Revelations. I hate the interface. It's is slow, unintuitive, and clunky. I never liked it in the first game and can't believe it still exists pretty unchanged throughout the whole series. Second is the "tower defense" mini game. Totally uninteresting, totally unchallenging, and a complete waste of time. Third is the "Desmond's Journey" sequences. Stupid little "side quests" outside the main storyline that you have to unlock piece by piece that slowly reveals Desmond's past before the events of the series delivered in one of the worst game-play scenarios ever though up. I'd have given this game an 8 but the inclusion of the stupid Desmon side quests that are annoying as hell with little payoff and the tower defense mini-game that seems more like a bigwigs insistence on its inclusion because "tower defense games are popular!" instead of a thoughtful design choice it only get a 7. Expand
  55. Oct 13, 2012
    I bought this for Christmas.
    Now, I guess you could call me an Assassin's Creed veteran. I finished all of the AC games, bought every single one and have most of the collector's editions. I bought this hoping a decent game and what I got is more.
    Some of the, and well, sadly, most of the animations in this game are a little choppy, but ignoring that, I found the game's storyline, OST
    and gameplay to be magnificent. The game stays almost the same with more additions to weapons and items. Good old game with a continuation of the storyline and more additions. The mutiplayer seems a **** however. Expand
  56. Dec 24, 2011
    I think this game deserves a good 8/10 score. I agree it's very similiar to AC: Brotherhood so if you expect completly new type of experience - please don't buy the game or deal with it and don't troll it's score -.- .
    Thank you. There are a few new things from Broterhood, like a new weapon (the hoobklade) a new epic mini-game (den defense) and assassins managament system has been greatly
    improved.
    Ezio is also not so OP (killstreaks in brotherhood was like press a button and watch those 10 enemies day in a nice sequence) and there are new fighting moves. Oh and there are bombs - instead of smoke bomb now we can handcraft many diffrent bombs. Some of them are very usefull other just suck.
    The graphics are exacly same like in Brotherhood. I'm kinda dissapointed with bug that this game has. I didn't find any bugs in AC 2 or Brotherhood but in this game there are tons of minor bugs. If you want a 100 % polished game then wait till it's patched. Also new Desmond's face yeah it sucks Lol luckily you play 90 % time as Ezio (whose face is old and ugly but hey even assassins get old, YOU WILL TOO SO STOP HATING HIS LOOK ^^ )
  57. Aug 2, 2014
    Problems with uPlay on multiple computers over the past year has given me a bad attitude on Ubisoft quality. These service is buggy. The game is decent if rather linear.
  58. Aug 5, 2012
    I had fun playing this game. Direct X 9c is old (released on August 4, 2004). PC's are more powerful than they were 8 years ago. Direct X 11 was released nearly three years ago. This past Wednesday they released Direct X 11.1 (August 1, 2012). Someone that developers listen to need to let them know these better Direct X versions are available.
  59. Mar 6, 2012
    Although some animations are a bit dodgy and the game looks like it was copy pasted from Brotherhood, I still enjoyed the new aspects of it and the story. I still believe it would be much better for Ubisoft to strive to make really good games and take their time instead of trying to release a new game every year. Sure they get richer, but I'm looking for quality, not quantity.
  60. Feb 17, 2012
    This feels like its having the same issue that the CoD series is having, AC:Revelations is no different then previous games. The Bomb making mechanics is very bad.

The Enviroments are very, very polished and Beautiful, but still feels the same to the last to AC games.
    The Combat is very good and is an improvement from the other AC games.
    THe story doesn't keep me interested for long, but
    playing as Altair again was very fun.

Overall the game was very fun, combat was amazing, exploring the enviroments is fun, but overall, the animations and gameplay are an improvement, but just lacks any real innovation.
  61. Apr 7, 2012
    I came the next Assassin's Creed beloved by many. Surprised, however, because again we saw mostly the same, although in good form. There was here a lot of new cool stuff and cool story is here developed. Continues the themes of Ezio and Altair making a series of takes on even greater relish. But the creators of the game very complicated, there have been here too many new things totally too (although they were too cool) game but for fans of the series is good. My rating - 7.5 / 10 Expand
  62. May 21, 2013
    A step back from Brotherhood. The limited development cycle really took a toll on this game. It feels the same as brotherhood, with some unnecessary minigames added and a less engaging story and environment. There also aren't any cool side missions like the ones with Leonardo in Brotherhood. Slightly disappointed by this game.
  63. Jan 4, 2012
    Let me start off by saying, this game is GOOD and worth buying. Definitely the weakest of the Ezio trilogy, but redeems itself at the end with a gripping and exciting last couple of hours that made the entire game worth playing. The story is short and does no justice to Ezio as a character. It does not emphasize his age as it hinted at in Brotherhood, and overall adds to depth to the character, making him boring to play with. Altair on the other hand, is a absolute blast to play with. The sequences in which you play with him are some of the most memorable and exciting sequences yet in the AC series. They also add a huge amount of depth and awe to the Altair character. The biggest problem with this game is the lack of improvements. Bomb making and a hookblade aren't enough to make a whole new game. Additions I did like were obviously the Altair missions, the master assassin missions, and believe it or not, the Desmond memories. While the controls are extremely stiff, only allowing you to move in 8 directions, they are a fun change of pace and its nice to see more of Desmond. Additions I didn't like: The God-awful den defense, the lack of optional "armor tombs", the new characters (Yusuf is a terrible boring character, but Sophia is good, decent at least, the bad guys were just boring and had no depth), in fact the only character I really "liked" was Abbas, from the Altair missions. I say "like" because I had such a burning hatred for him that I haven't felt in a character since Skylar from Breaking Bad, but he was still a good antagonist. I never thought I would say this about an Assassins Creed game but despite its lack of huge changes, was the multiplayer. All the AC games I have played I always return them after I am done with the story and have all the collectibles, but this game, had me hooked from the first time brutally impaled a man with my spear (that's what he said). The game features new great modes like corruption, and it is 2011 multiplayer experience of the year for me. I honestly havent had that much fun in multiplayer since May, playing black ops with my buddies. Overall, this game is getting unjustly bashed, it is a worthy entry into the series, somewhat disappointing nonetheless, and it is worth your money. Even if you are not interested in the multiplayer, I insist you try it out. Expand
  64. Dec 3, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Revelations, the new installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise promises us to be a better game. But is it a better game than it's predecessor, Brotherhood? Well in my personal opinion, yes it is! First of all the graphics look better than Brotherhood, the sounds and acting is great. One flaw in this category is that I still want to hear the shiiiiing* sound when you do a high-profile assasination like in Assassin's Creed II. The gameplay is similar to Brotherhood, albeit with new moves thanks to the hookblade. Also the combat is similar to Brotherhood but it has new finishing moves. The plot is interesting and kept me tied to my chair refusing to let the game rest for more than 2 minutes. The apprentice and Mediterranian defense are also a big plus, I like the idea to conquer then try to maintain the city, not to mention the BOMBS. HOW COOL IS THAT??? You have your personal grenades ready to unleash hell on your opponents. But then again no game is without flaws, and this game has one or two. First of all the Den Defense, I expected it to be Ezio vs 100 templars, not a tower defense game. I'm not saying it is bad, maybe some might enjoy it, but my point is that it turned out to be what I didn't want it to be. Also there is no quest for you to get your end-game armor like in AC II or AC:B. I'm not givng any details on the multiplayer as I didn't try it.

Overall it is a worthy sequel, a must-have for AC Die Hard fans, and for casual gamers alike.
  65. Dec 4, 2011
    Revelations is a must purchase if you are an AC fan. However, if you have never played AC before do NOT purchase this game as it is not a good reflection on the series. Identical to the last 3 releases: Quality graphics, sound, and story. Changes from the previous 3: Gameplay feels aimless at times, sluggish controls, and an absolutely horrible new tower defense mode - which, BTW, has NO PLACE in a 3rd person action/adventure game Expand
  66. Aug 5, 2014
    After the terrible slip that was Brotherhood, comes Revelations to repair the franchise's dignity. Revelations is superior to its predecessor in every regard, rivaling AC and AC:2 in what each does best, while doing so much more.

The first thing you'll notice about this game is that everything looks much, much better than in Brotherhood. Konstatinople rivals Venice as the most colourful
    location in any AC game, as do all of the secondary locations. Just as importantly, the city is a pleasure to navigate through, not just visually but also in terms of layout and freerunning paths. The features that allow for Ezio's stunts are not only convenient, but also look natural in their environment. This is something I couldn't say since the original AC.

The writing is as good as it has ever been. Unlike Brotherhood, Revelations is story-driven rather than a big collection of purposeless sidequests. Not that there are no sidequests to distract you, but they are much sparser and, frankly, I didn't miss them at all. The storytelling in this game is the richest and most colourful to date. Rather than throwing around faceless characters, just to name-drop a historical figure, AC:R takes a bit of time to develop some likable characters. This title takes it upon itself to patch the AC storyline, which by that point was stretched thin and made less and less sense.
    I think that a concise background story and motives for Desmond were way overdue.

In terms of fighting mechanics, Revelations is a marginal improvement over Brotherhood. Your assassin helpers are not as overpowered, and the use of camera feels less broken than in Brotherhood. Still, it doesn't seem that brilliant mechanics of the original AC will be making a comeback any time soon.

Revelations is not without fault. The unbeatable Janissaries that patrol parts of the city are an unpleasant encounter. The tower defense minigame is out of place. And the navigation puzzles you are expected to solve while getting Desmond's story felt are completely pointless. Seriously, it would have been better to just let us hear the story and admire the surreal environment.

Still, all things considered, AC:Revelations is the best AC so far.
  67. Jan 12, 2012
    Not as good as Brotherhood, but still a decent game.

I've always thought the assassin's creed franchise has it's strength in story telling. Revelation? not so much. Even though advertised as a game that will let you play as all 3 known assassins; Ezio, Altair, Desmond, it's really based on Ezio, which I love, but it's a letdown. Altair, the one that I personally most expected, was just 5
    different 10 minutes missions, and a couple of them was just interactive cinematics. Also his stories do not reveal anything. Just some extra stories after the events of AC 1. Desmond? His story takes place where 'the truth' part used to be and it's just all puzzles and desmond talking. (I haven't even finished his part because I was getting tired collecting all these animus data fractions.) Well, then even Ezio's part isn't even done as good as the other AC games. There is no personal growth, no overthrowing a gigantic evil power. Ezio pretty much stays low and does his secret finding, which never gave up any satisfying revelations (in other words, Altair missions.) Although to be fair, there is one satisfying moment at the end of the game.

Graphics isn't that evolved, but it is better than Brotherhood, much like AC2 was. Quite detailed and clear. Also the art department still lives up to the expectation. The city of Constantinople looks very much like a centre of all cultures that era.

The gameplay makes me feel like Ubi did it's best. The new bombs are pretty cool, although creating them is a pain in the ass even with the awesome simulation thing that let you test each bombs before you actually create it and carry around. The simulation is actually a very nice touch, instead of those boring training stuff that was in AC2 and slightly better than the training sessions from Brotherhood.
    The hook blade was a nice addition too, especially the zip lines. I did miss having 2 hidden blades though just because I think it's cooler.
    The fighting is a little more complex and annoying than the Brotherhood's, which was perfect. Because it's harder with Janissaries, you need to make more use of your assassin recruits and bombs and now it's more than just counter kills and kill streaks but still, not MUCH improvements that I saw between AC1, 2, Brotherhood. Well it does make sense and fit the story as now Ezio is in his 50s and can't just kill off 30 men by himself so I'm not complaining.
    I can certainly see how the studio really tried and did a good job. But It just ain't 'much' better than the other AC games. But really what was there to improve after what they did with AC2 and brotherhood?

I guess it IS about damn time they come up with someone else for the franchise, and leave Ezio alone now. For both the gameplay's and the story's sake. They can certainly do much more with someone from the 18th or something. I'd like to give a huge F sign to the big guys in the UBI and much love to the developers.

With all things above, it is a still assassin's creed series. With all the free running and assassinations, I loved this game and I'd say it's probably the best they could do in such a short time.
  68. Jan 14, 2012
    The game itself is fantastic and historically set as every. The dev team has obviously put a hell amount of work into making the set-pieces all work out and the areas historically accurate. But for an assassins creed fanatic of the last couple of year it left me quite disappointed. It is not much of an upgrade from brotherhood or even AC2 to be frank. The series has gotten itself into a little niche with Ezio and i would rather see it end. I got this game for the storyline, since I very much enjoy the great story that goes across all the games. The series really needs to do something new, it is quite hard as the engine is perfected, though i did notice some animation problems (especially with the new hook-blade gadget).

The series drastically needs a new setting, perhaps a modern assassin ( with Desmond as the lead) or at least a new assassin, the game-play is pretty much the same, if you're a fan of the series and have been following it for a while it's definitely worth renting, but i would not buy it at full price. Hopefully it will be assassin's creed 3 next not assassins creed 2.7

*Note* I'll just add in that if you're a newcomer to the series and just want to play revelations (though that may be hard to do story-wise) It is still a remarkable game in itself, just not as part of a series.
  69. Jul 23, 2012
    Continuing where Brotherhood left off, I was happy to get to spend more time learning about Desmond and fleshing him out as a character. Being able to wrap up Subject 16's story (which honestly was entirely peripheral in the first two AC2 games) was also enjoyable. Gameplay is just as solid as AC2 and Brotherhood, and there are far fewer issues with the camera this time around. Despite others' complaints about the den defense mini-game, I was able to avoid triggering it even once while completing the single player campaign. Ezio's story does feel less important that Desmond's this time, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you enjoy in the series. I was glad to learn more about what was going on in the present-day world, and the reasons for all of the events that had taken place in the previous games. The game also wraps up Altair's story, which frankly was more fun than actually playing through the first game. Things are wrapped up nicely for Ezio, though the love interest bit seems very tacked on, and somewhat out of character for him. Despite some minor flaws, Revelations is a great conclusion to the AC2 series of games. Looking forward to AC3. Expand
  70. Dec 3, 2013
    The story was worse than Brotherhood, the gameplay was better and the new setting was awesome. Sadly it lacked polish and was the first AC game to come out with major glitches present. There was no story outside animus which I think was a bad design choice. Still awesome gets 8.5/10.
  71. Mar 25, 2013
    Excellent game. I only purchased it now becauese the other reviews scared me but now I see it was wrong. The game is simply better- The hookblade is the best improvement, making moving around faster if you have the skill to use it, the battle animation was improved, and the Zipplin assasination is probably the funniest way to kill your target (However, its not easy). The Tower defence is pretty boring, But you can avoid it if you bribe Heralds once a while, I only had to do it twice. The bombs addition can fit some people, I barely used it, there are plenty of ways to deal with targets without it. The story itself doesn't add much but some parts (Espacially the last assassination) include stunts that Hooliwood hasn't yet seen. Even the climbing parts, which I hated in Brotherhood, somehow became fun. Highly Recommended Expand
  72. Mar 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At least, you got two Genuine items in Team Fortress 2 for pre-ordering it! I didn't play this game and I don't give a **** problem, Metacritic? You can ban my account, for INSTA-LULZ!!1!1! oneoneelevenoneone dsasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdas Expand
  73. Feb 23, 2012
    I have always love the assassin's creed series. i just feel after each one of them the only reason to get the next game is from what shocker what it shows at the end of the game. in this case, Desmand gets powers... what moron came up with that idea. This is still a good game. the games seem to get longer in lengh with each game but im not sure if thats because im getting slightly bored and it just feel that it's taking longer or or if it is genuinely longer. If they dont get back on track with a serious story im probably not gunna buy any more AC games and remember it when it was good. Expand
  74. May 16, 2014
    Unfortunately, AC Revelations is one of the weaker entries in the franchise. That's not to say it's a bad game, however there is very little new content when compared to past games. Of the few new additions to the game, many of the them often feel pointless or even tedious. Desmond's story gives some interesting insight into the main protagonist, but the whole first-person puzzle platforming levels were frankly, quite boring. The game also has its fair share of bugs. Expand
  75. Mar 12, 2014
    It's rather obvious that the developers aren't so familiar with Islamic history. Revelations doesn't feel like Assassin's Creed. Ordinary story. Bad gameplay and too easy controls. I shouldn't play that game.
  76. Oct 29, 2013
    Very similar to the previous game Brotherhood, so a bit mediocre. The story is ok, but a bit incohesive and random like the last one. The game feels a bit shorter and the explorable world a bit smaller, a small pity and perhaps the result of Ubisoft only spending 1 year on development. Still worth getting from the bargain bin or steam sale though.
  77. Apr 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well what i could say, Ezio is starting to feel the old age on his own, movements are a bit slowed down, you will see it when playing the memory's of Altair, the game is not so long, there's only 1 city, which is very big, but almost empty, the graphic is very nice itself, the endgame will make you feel sad, not gonna spoil it anyway, if you want to conclude the story from previous game i suggest you to get it, the MP mode is also not bad, even if is sort of dead. Expand
  78. Jul 17, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations stays true to game mechanics so who liked the prvious AC's will like this one too. The story still stays a bit confusing but we actually do get some revelations :)
  79. Jun 2, 2012
    Franchise milking at its finest, Revelations is a huge sign that the series needs to go forward. Featuring a miserable amount of changes from the previous title, Brotherhood (which on itself featured a miserable amount of changes from AC2), the game also fails to deliver a somewhat catching plot. All the new characters are uninteresting, the "drama" doesn't provoke any emotions except for annoyance ("How can the old experienced master assassin Ezio do such stupid things??") However, despite all the flaws, I spent good 22 hours in the game, guess assassinating people is still satisfying. It is an unnecessary addition to the franchise, but still better than Brotherhood, so if you haven't played that, just skip it and get to Revelations, you won't miss anything and the changes accumulated in these 2 games would actually be refreshing. Expand
  80. Jan 17, 2013
    If AC: Brotherhood felt like "more of the same," then Revelations felt like a second helping of leftovers. While not a bad game per se, it simply had very little improvement over previous titles. Most of the game mechanics are carried over from Brotherhood with little change, such as shop investment, apprentices, weapons. One significant improvement is the introduction of a variety of bombs which can be crafted, from frags to smoke bombs to poison gas. While this could be rather fun to 'play' around with, I found that, in combination with the array of other weapons, it often made fights and missions too easy. Now you can clear the way to the target with a crossbow or gun, then toss a bomb and blow up your target and any bodyguards with a single bomb. While this game benefits somewhat from a new setting, Istanbul, I found this city much less fun to play in than Rome. Moreover the new characters were largely uninteresting, and the story was drawn-out and boring. Revelations attempts to finish telling the story of Altair through a series of 'flashback' missions, but these are mostly tedious and boring, and do little to bring real closure. I felt that Revelations raised a lot more questions than it answered--and not in a good way--and from a gameplay perspective was mostly just Brotherhood recycled. I guess that's what you get when rush to release 2 AC games within one year... Expand
  81. Jul 8, 2014
    I skipped this game back then after playing for 3 hours: just finishing Brotherhood, it was kind of boring to go back again and do the usual routine. After 1.5 years, I played AC3 and beyond a few curious things, it didn't feel I need to play AC2R in order to understand what's going on. AC3 was fun, AC4 was more fun, AC3L was still fun, but not as much as AC4. Now that I played those, I wanted to fill in the gap.

I felt the usual syndrome of going back to an early version after playing a more modern version: different controls, very slow menu and minimap (despite the gamer PC), lack of simplifications. The story is interesting, but not as moving as before and after: true to the critics, this was the bottom of the curve. The game time was rather short, 30 hours for 100% sync whereas I spent more than double in each of the sequels. Instant-fail-tail missions, naturally are there, which can become boring and annoying pretty quick, not to mention, after 7 installments.
  82. Aug 30, 2012
    The engine reaches it's limit. The graphics are....ok. The story is ... too short. But I like, that you have a real emotional bound to your assassins. They are not just a tool to use, they are people with a story. Better than in AC Brotherhood.
  83. Nov 21, 2012
    I'm sorry to the die hard fans of this series about this review but Assassin's Creed 3 doesn't live up to the hype. It is a above average game but not the best in the series. Personally I say Assassin's Creed 2 was the best from the AC series from Ubisoft. It had better visuals and even on console AC 2 was just simply an incredible achievement. While playing AC3 I understand they wanted to tell this new story but so far I just feel its disjointed. I'm not gonna touch on the story because everyone should know it from previews and reviews from other sources. My focused review is gonna be graphics and gameplay. I own it on pc and with pc with a pretty decent high end rig, this game looks ok with pretty good frames per second with little dropping in frame rate. But I feel at times like I'm playing a ps2 game. Don't know if anyone else gets that feeling. This game is unimpressive in graphics to me. Scope of the game is not that big as far as scale per section and the world feels somewhat linear in ways to go. You want a good open world game that you can be an assassin or play your style go to Skyrim. Skyrim is massive and looks way better. AC3 I was anticipating and was let down but is a decent game to play when I'm extremely bored. The small missions should be treated like mini games like the naval warfare. Everything feels short lived. Right when your having fun it yanks you from the excitement. It will force you to continue the pieces when you want to just explore even when your running around at will. Controls are awkward and it seems like the fighting is also a mini game. Hit counter thin strike then you just watch the fight unfold. This game feels to me like a interactive tech demo. This is the game walk cutscene walk cutscene follow cutscene mini fight walk cutscene. AC2 didn't do this eveything felt right. I felt progression as a player with what I did and it made me care. This game doesn't make me care, most of the beginning parts of the story I've pressed to skip cutscenes because it take 3 hours to get to the exploring. Like I said some will love it but us detail explorers will be left wanting. I give this game a 6 out of 10 because the things I love about it are few and short of time. And the other majority of the game is almost wasteful. I wish developers would ask us consumers, What game would you like to play next? And what type of missions do you like? And above all I haven't notice and interview with a developer that the question is asked, Are there auto generated missions so after I beat the story there is something to keep me occupied after all the main and side content is complete. Credits to Bethesda for that achievement. Cause Skyrim seems like a rpg simulator style game than a COD or arcade short lived game like the games that have been released on the consoles and pcs for the last few years. Expand
  84. Sep 27, 2012
    Story: good Music: very good Graphics: very good Gameplay: mediocre Story of Revelation follows Ezio's life and shed some light on Desmond's early childhood. I personally would like to see some more story development on Desmond's current mission but there isn't any. Ezio's storyline is very strong. However, I don't see much point in learning Desmond's childhood since it doesn't feel connected to the current plot. Maybe it will be tided in somehow in the future series (I hope so)

The gameplay is a bit iffy. We have the usual AC brotherhood elements + hook blade, castle defense, bomb, and capture the node.

The usual AC elements are fine but hook blade + bomb makes Ezio way too powerful. You are literally an one man army that can take out anyone without being discovered. When there is 0 risk of dying/being discovered then the game feels a bit more diluted.

Castle defense is fun but the only way to play it is when you mess up and jack up your notoriety on purpose. I feel it would be a much better addition if it were combined with node capture mini game.

Node capture is weak and pointless. Capturing and maintaining nodes is a chore and simply not fun. There is simply no depth to it.

All in all, Revelations is a good game worth playing through for veterans and a great game for new comers.
  85. Oct 25, 2012
    Boring, repetitive, predictable, booooring, I bought it a couple of days ago from the sale on steam and I am already bored, if you are in for the assassins stuff I would recommend more hitman than this...
  86. Oct 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have a lot of feelings regarding this game. Almost entirely negative. This is my favourite game series, and this came so close to ruining it for me. The hook blade is a fine addition, the ziplines are cool (though are rarely placed where you need them), it's kind of nice having a smoke bomb that has a wide area, but apart from that I'm drawing a blank on the 'pros'. Ezio is back, because they'd rather drag him out for an annoying third encore for the audience to sit and clap through even though their hands hurt than they would leave the audience wanting more. Some of the characters you meet are cool, but I wasn't really invested in any of them. Any familiar characters from Ezio's former stories are stripped away from you. They become nothing more than a 'My Dearest Claudia' in the letters which serve as a few underdone quasi cut scenes to take you to the next DNA sequence. The Altair memories which were to be the most exciting element of the game are some of the WORST moments. The story of Altair's life beyond the first game and codex pages of Assassin's Creed 2 is either boring or not fully thought out, I can't tell which. All they needed to do to make playing as Altair the most fantastic experience was to give us the ONE leap of faith taken when taking the shortest route through Masyaf in the first game. INSTEAD it was decided that his movements should, for the most part, be limited to an irritating shuffle. Uphill. For the entire memory. And even in these sections, familiar characters were culled. It's as if the game made a deliberate attempt to alienate any loyal players who'd stuck around since the first game. The games physical space, while gorgeous and brilliantly colourful, is very limiting, or at least feels it. Then comes the excursion to Cappadocia - this nearly saved the game for me, a big statement, trust me. Arriving on that boat and stepping out only to realise it was a Templar CITY - the Templar equivalent of Masyaf - sent a genuine chill down my spine. It got off to a great start too! It's actually my favourite map out of all the games so far, with San Gimignano only just pipping it as best map to play through missions in. It feels big, and it feels dangerous, and it feels wonderful. Then you meet a woman who doesn't seem to need your help, but you help her anyway - she's sassy and capable and the coolest character in the game. Then she disappears from the entire game, when, after being there for five minutes, you for no apparent reason set the entire city on fire, killing hundreds, and leave. Why? I really don't know. And this was just one of a few decisions the game makes for you against your will. Among others are an assassination target who is quite obviously innocent for at least half the time you know him. You are forced to kill him anyway, because the game thinks you don't know that yet.

The game feels shockingly and awfully unfinished and lazy. Things are rushed, questions are unanswered, every second character or plot device is a massive cliche and whole chunks of it seem to just be missing. For example, a mission exists to enlist the help of the city's Romani population, however, the leaders of the thieves and mercenaries guilds alarmingly acted as though they knew who I was when I had never spoken to them once, in any game.

They took away good features and replaced them with gratuitous ones, they took away good characters and barely replaced them at all, and after this whole depressing ordeal the plot was so forgettable that I can't for the life of me remember what the point of it all was. More than anything I just feel supremely betrayed by this game.
  87. Oct 30, 2012
    No game deserves a 0,as can be seen by quite a few reviews down here. I must say this game has not lived up to it's full potential, and has been quite a let down to many of it's fans. However, i must say that Assassin's Creed Revelations is a good enough way to send off Ezio and end the altair storyline. With several new mechanics and more of the good stuff, i believe this game is worth your time if you're a fan of the franchise Expand
  88. Nov 18, 2012
    A brilliant game for Assassin's Creed Fans even though it feels a bit like brotherhood.
    The new game in Ubisofts francise has exeded it's predesecor Brotherhood but some things in the game are not as good as you want it to be. Of course as this is an assassin's Creed game, you'll be in an open world map and this time it's back to constantinople. The free running technique has been
    modified and feels better than brotherhood but the melee is basacly the same. The new mode Den Defence is not all that good and after a while will become tedious and boring. In the game you can also craft bombs which will help you in your story. As always the graphics deliver and are brilliant to see. The one thing that is completly outstanding, is the multiplayer. With new modes and even more wepons to play with you will be on it for hours on end. Verdict: This Game is amazing in multiplayer and the story is brilliant.As always the Graphics are good especialy in the first scene with Ezio. The music fit's the game but Den Defence is not the best. If your an Assassin's Creed fan get the game but it may feel a bit like Brotherhood. Presentation:9.5/10 Gameplay:8/10 Sound:9/10 Graphics:10/10 Replay Value:9/10 Overall:9/10 Expand
  89. Nov 10, 2012
    i am really confuse here that Assassin's Creed has s*** tons of series that i cant even tell the difference. I did played the very first Assassin's Creed i thought it was pretty good. but then, they had many series that i dont know which ones which. i saw a older man's cover, a yonger man's cover and woman's cover...WTF??!!! am really confused!!!
  90. May 31, 2013
    I rate this slightly lower than the previous AC releases only because the world in which it is set is so much smaller than the original AC and AC II only Constantinople. But it's still very worthwhile. The story line finally gives us an idea of what happened with Altair and the Apple. It provides some great humor (when he goes undercover as an Italian musician, it's hilarious) and some romance. And it includes mentoring other assassins, which I found an excellent idea in AC II. Don't know why it has such a low user score but I would highly recommend it, having played the entire series about half a dozen times! Expand
  91. Jan 5, 2013
    The low point of the Assassin's Creed series. Revelations can be described with one word: lazy. Ubisoft gained everyone's trust with the previous games and fooled us into giving them money for a poor quality product. There was no need for two half-hearted games, it ruined the hype for Assassin's Creed III.
  92. Jan 25, 2013
    Eh...there was something that truly bothered me about this game. ACB was so bright and had so much more optional crap to do. ACR seemed to drop that on it's ass. This is how I think of the AC series...AC1: A good pilot game...a beta if you so please. AC2: A well executed game that had detail and many optional things to do. ACB: a vast open game with many options and even more refinement. ACR: lacks many previous options and the overal setting is dull and the ambiance noises are repeatitive. AC3: doesn't even deserve to be places with the rest of the AC games. Expand
  93. Mar 22, 2013
    This game is much better than Brotherhood. The Story ist very interesting, mabye not the whole game like Assassin's Creed 2, but to the end ist very exciting. The gamepkay is fluid, graphics are nice. But there are not many new features, mostly like the other Assassin's Creeds. Assassin's Creed Revelations is with Assassin's Creed 2 one of the best parts of this series.
  94. Mar 29, 2014
    The fourth instalment of the franchise, with Ubisoft stepping it up over the course of 4 years, Assassin's Creed Revelations definitely have faults of its own compared to its predecessors.

While retains the linear storyline of the previous Assassin's Creed games, it adds a few more obstructive technical issues that somewhat affects the overall experience badly.

For example, having
    vsync turned 'Off' and a refresh rate over 60hz often results in crashes and glitches, in between the main story missions. It is extremely annoying at times, especially because it has already seen it's existence since AC2 and had gotten worse.. Crashes doesn't happen just once or twice, probably a good 10+ in total.

Graphics wise, there isn't much improvements from the previous titles, and looks just slightly better.

My conclusion is that if you've enjoyed Ezio, Altair, and Desmond's stories, then Assassin's Creed Relevations is one title that you cannot miss, an EPIC end to the Altair/Ezio story. If not, then you probably won't enjoy it a whole lot.
  95. Jun 13, 2013
    Revelations has a lot of improvements on Brotherhood and it has amazing moments that will make your jaw drop the graphics are great and the gameplay is smooth and also transportation became much faster and better also the story is good but i didn't like that they ditched horses in this game that's what i didn't like after all it is a great game and the best end for Ezio and Altair story
  96. Jun 14, 2014
    a step back from brotherhood. the main drawback is there is nothing really innovative . its the same as brotherhood but in a different location . again lackluster multiplayer. but the plus side being a good story character development and a satisfying end to ezio.
  97. Apr 26, 2013
    A good game, nice continuation but i prefer the italian environment, and i miss that.

Why dont ubi soft add some splinter cell features? Like squat, strut and other
  98. Ndi
    Jul 9, 2014
    I agree that this is not exactly the best story and, frankly, it's kind of disappointing.

But this is not why I am giving it a poor review (it used to be way higher) - it is because of its implementation. The security measures are insane - requiring its own online uplay client, not asking if it can install, not allowing you to play until you provide a valid, verified email address and
    last but not least downloading and installing a game and uplay and then immediately patching the game.

The technical implementation of the security is awful and that reflects on the game like everything else. Security instability is affecting the game just like game instability - this is relevant.

Others have complained about this and they have their reviews rated as unhelpful. Feel free to downvote this, too, I want others to know this game is filled to the teeth with DRM, an unnecessary client that requires online account to be created and email verified just to let you play a game you already bought.

I understand Google has my details and serves me ads, because search is free, so is gmail. If I were to pay for it, I would expect a different service. I pay for my product, I don't see why I have to suffer for this.

Also, this is a 2011 game. It's 2014. Boat has sailed, 3 more AC games have been launched. Everyone pirated the game. Why am I still bound to draconian DRM? Does Ubisoft care? No.

Stop buying this game. Stop encouraging these people. It is a mediocre game, with mediocre gameplay, that asks you for money to have the privilege to contribute to Ubisoft's email database and allow therm to remotely kill my game if they want, because my money is apparently scribbled on a piece of wet paper and have no value.

Don't buy.
  99. Jul 21, 2013
    For experienced AC players.Good one.
    But it seems that this one has not been tested sufficiently for some new features not interesting enough,like the hookblade,without which those effects it takes can also be reached through other methods.
    Bomb part is a bit of unreasonable and boring for the uneasy aiming and occupation of the secondary weapon key,however there's a too large challenge
    system and glitches in data records of the bombs(I've contact UBI service executives,without a answers of correcting but suggesting that replaying).Some people may say that using bombs we can quickly deal with a big group of janissaries.But I prefer bare hands melee.
    Assassin recruit system are not improved but more inconvenient,recruits' weapon types are "predictableā€œ,but sometimes not,another glitch,maybe.The UI or maneuver system of Mediterranean arrangement of recruits are not easy to be used or noticed,for many players did not "notice" it and did not know of that there can be more than 12 recruits.
    Tower defense is a game,as a lone one.In the real gameplay,the tower defense comes to disturb the experiance of the players' in the beginning part of the game walkthrough.People are firstly annoyed with it.But after most of the game features experianced and completed,players really want to play more about the tower defense,but was told that:your assassin dens are managed by master assassin recruits,the templars can never get the chance to attack.
    If they really improve the tower defense system,I suggest that adding one option of it in some menu,like the Tyranny of King Washington in Assassin's Creed 3,with a gameplay like Plant vs Zombies.

Ultimately, Revelations leaves behind a bittersweet taste: it's the end of a saga (or two, depending on how you view things) and integrates fairly well in the timeline of the series, but... it's nothing more than a detour that answers a few questions, not an actual step forward.
  2. Feb 29, 2012
    It's the perfect closure for Ezio's trilogy; however, it does not offer something completely new and if you were getting tired by Brotherhood's mechanisms, Revelations will definitely not change your mind.
    It's Assassin with all you love and hate, plus even more world control and bombs and genre experiments. Only the visuals are getting old while the foes are not getting any smarter. [Christmas 2011]