7.3

1. Aug 5, 2014
    After the terrible slip that was Brotherhood, comes Revelations to repair the franchise's dignity. Revelations is superior to its predecessor in every regard, rivaling AC and AC:2 in what each does best, while doing so much more.

The first thing you'll notice about this game is that everything looks much, much better than in Brotherhood. Konstatinople rivals Venice as the most colourful location in any AC game, as do all of the secondary locations. Just as importantly, the city is a pleasure to navigate through, not just visually but also in terms of layout and freerunning paths. The features that allow for Ezio's stunts are not only convenient, but also look natural in their environment. This is something I couldn't say since the original AC.

The writing is as good as it has ever been. Unlike Brotherhood, Revelations is story-driven rather than a big collection of purposeless sidequests. Not that there are no sidequests to distract you, but they are much sparser and, frankly, I didn't miss them at all. The storytelling in this game is the richest and most colourful to date. Rather than throwing around faceless characters, just to name-drop a historical figure, AC:R takes a bit of time to develop some likable characters. This title takes it upon itself to patch the AC storyline, which by that point was stretched thin and made less and less sense.
    I think that a concise background story and motives for Desmond were way overdue.

In terms of fighting mechanics, Revelations is a marginal improvement over Brotherhood. Your assassin helpers are not as overpowered, and the use of camera feels less broken than in Brotherhood. Still, it doesn't seem that brilliant mechanics of the original AC will be making a comeback any time soon.

Revelations is not without fault. The unbeatable Janissaries that patrol parts of the city are an unpleasant encounter. The tower defense minigame is out of place. And the navigation puzzles you are expected to solve while getting Desmond's story felt are completely pointless. Seriously, it would have been better to just let us hear the story and admire the surreal environment.

Still, all things considered, AC:Revelations is the best AC so far.
  2. Sep 24, 2013
    El único problema que le encuentro es que no hace honor a su nombre: no hay "revelación", no nos cuentan nada que no supiéramos ya. Por lo demás, es un poco corto (comprensible, dado el tiempo de desarrollo) pero se perdona por poder ver a ese Ezio crepuscular viajando por las tierras de su antepasado a la caza de la verdad y esa estética tan cuidada, propia de los AC.
  3. Sep 8, 2013
    the game is excellent,good story line between ezio and altair ,many new functions also overall it is the best game new thing is that u can travel many far places in short time
  4. Aug 23, 2013
    This game is very good, it definitely didn't let me down from the last one, The hook-blade is a very good idea, i like that they changed up the menu, and the storyline just gets better. This game is a great game and anyone who says it isn't is just a silly goober
  5. May 31, 2013
    I rate this slightly lower than the previous AC releases only because the world in which it is set is so much smaller than the original AC and AC II only Constantinople. But it's still very worthwhile. The story line finally gives us an idea of what happened with Altair and the Apple. It provides some great humor (when he goes undercover as an Italian musician, it's hilarious) and someI rate this slightly lower than the previous AC releases only because the world in which it is set is so much smaller than the original AC and AC II only Constantinople. But it's still very worthwhile. The story line finally gives us an idea of what happened with Altair and the Apple. It provides some great humor (when he goes undercover as an Italian musician, it's hilarious) and some romance. And it includes mentoring other assassins, which I found an excellent idea in AC II. Don't know why it has such a low user score but I would highly recommend it, having played the entire series about half a dozen times! Expand
  6. Mar 25, 2013
    Excellent game. I only purchased it now becauese the other reviews scared me but now I see it was wrong. The game is simply better- The hookblade is the best improvement, making moving around faster if you have the skill to use it, the battle animation was improved, and the Zipplin assasination is probably the funniest way to kill your target (However, its not easy). The Tower defence isExcellent game. I only purchased it now becauese the other reviews scared me but now I see it was wrong. The game is simply better- The hookblade is the best improvement, making moving around faster if you have the skill to use it, the battle animation was improved, and the Zipplin assasination is probably the funniest way to kill your target (However, its not easy). The Tower defence is pretty boring, But you can avoid it if you bribe Heralds once a while, I only had to do it twice. The bombs addition can fit some people, I barely used it, there are plenty of ways to deal with targets without it. The story itself doesn't add much but some parts (Espacially the last assassination) include stunts that Hooliwood hasn't yet seen. Even the climbing parts, which I hated in Brotherhood, somehow became fun. Highly Recommended Expand
  7. Mar 14, 2013
    I loved it, wish AC3 was more like this. It made me very disapointed to see how AC3 turned out to be, wish they would just make them like this all the time.
  8. Nov 18, 2012
    A brilliant game for Assassin's Creed Fans even though it feels a bit like brotherhood.
    The new game in Ubisofts francise has exeded it's predesecor Brotherhood but some things in the game are not as good as you want it to be. Of course as this is an assassin's Creed game, you'll be in an open world map and this time it's back to constantinople. The free running technique has been modified and feels better than brotherhood but the melee is basacly the same. The new mode Den Defence is not all that good and after a while will become tedious and boring. In the game you can also craft bombs which will help you in your story. As always the graphics deliver and are brilliant to see. The one thing that is completly outstanding, is the multiplayer. With new modes and even more wepons to play with you will be on it for hours on end. Verdict: This Game is amazing in multiplayer and the story is brilliant.As always the Graphics are good especialy in the first scene with Ezio. The music fit's the game but Den Defence is not the best. If your an Assassin's Creed fan get the game but it may feel a bit like Brotherhood. Presentation:9.5/10 Gameplay:8/10 Sound:9/10 Graphics:10/10 Replay Value:9/10 Overall:9/10
  9. Oct 13, 2012
    I bought this for Christmas.
    Now, I guess you could call me an Assassin's Creed veteran. I finished all of the AC games, bought every single one and have most of the collector's editions. I bought this hoping a decent game and what I got is more.
    I bought this for Christmas.
    Some of the, and well, sadly, most of the animations in this game are a little choppy, but ignoring that, I found the game's storyline, OST and gameplay to be magnificent. The game stays almost the same with more additions to weapons and items. Good old game with a continuation of the storyline and more additions. The mutiplayer seems a **** however.
  10. Aug 10, 2012
    Clear the game just simply mega bomb! This game should put a very large otsenka.Pryamtaki odinatsat desyati.Vot worthy of the score is quite igre.A Sjolie tupite.Koroche game class to buy ALL ALL ALL.
  11. Mar 6, 2012
    another year, another terrible assasin's creed. why can't they let this grabage just die? ubisoft is a BAD joke and they should just stop existing. it's garbage
  12. Jan 28, 2012
    Well, I've been expecting very much of this game. The storyline of the game is quite out of expectations than the other series. Something that shouldn't happen happens, and it injects the sensation into most players. And the word "revelations", is the key for players, but recommend to finish all other series before AC Revelations in order to completely understand the whole story. AltairWell, I've been expecting very much of this game. The storyline of the game is quite out of expectations than the other series. Something that shouldn't happen happens, and it injects the sensation into most players. And the word "revelations", is the key for players, but recommend to finish all other series before AC Revelations in order to completely understand the whole story. Altair learned of the past and the future, of life and death through the Apple. And players learn moral values and minds through the game. The real thing is, not only Ezio and Altair conduit the message to Desmond, but also through Desmond to players. Players will have to think deeply and they will get it. The soundtracks are also awesome as usual. Some are spiritual inspiring and some are cultural feel. The environment of the world is slightly different than the other series. For example, you get near to a soldier, they won't simply push you away. And if you pushed somebody accidentally, they would apologize too. And with Assassins and Templar Den, this cause a war that never ends in the game. The features are also slightly different. You can choose primary and secondary weapon to use them without wasting time. It also has variety of new combat techniques and slow motion camera. What makes a disappointment is that the Animus Virtual Training program has changed into a worse way. The training only allow you to play with specific requirements, unlike in AC Brotherhood that has lesser limitations. And there's no horse riding available in the game. It's worth if you are very interested with the story. But it would be better if you learn something in it, either changing to a better mind or combat. Expand
  13. Jan 27, 2012
    Fantastic sequel, i do not understand why players are hating this game, It is the lead out of Ezio and Altair so you can expect the next installment to be about Desmond which will open a lot more possibilities to the Ubisoft team. The game: The story is very holding and gripping, you as Ezio mostly, discover the story behind Altair and what happened to him at the end of Assassin's Creed,Fantastic sequel, i do not understand why players are hating this game, It is the lead out of Ezio and Altair so you can expect the next installment to be about Desmond which will open a lot more possibilities to the Ubisoft team. The game: The story is very holding and gripping, you as Ezio mostly, discover the story behind Altair and what happened to him at the end of Assassin's Creed, Gameplay: Free running is just as good as the first 3 installments with the added Hookblade for more fun, the fighting is better as you don't feel too much like a bad ass in this one as you're older and its good to feel that Ezio has his limits, Training and using your own assassins in this one has been improved, giving them certain areas to hold once you have levelled them high enough.
    Same things to do as before, defeat the Borgia in areas of the city with the added ability to lose these areas and having to fight off the Borgia or to regain the area later on. The graphics are as amazing as they have always been and the Story is fantastic, my only quarrel with this installment is, not enough side missions to keep you going. Ubisoft need to stop focusing on the Multiplayer side of the game and focus more on the game, it needs to be bigger an needs to be longer.

Oh and haters. GET A BETTER COMPUTER, stop moaning about graphic issues with games that demand the use of a decent GPU, throw down your cheap Dell laptops and buy a console if you want to play the games half as good as the PC version.
  14. Dec 31, 2011
    It's wonderful,the game is beautiful and delicious, the better game in the franchise yet, it's full of all the elements that made assassin's creed the best historic-based series of all time (:
  15. Dec 26, 2011
    Beautitful Ambient music, Beautiful and very detailed city, Great story. There are a few bug here and there, and the controls for PC are a bit wierd, but nothing to ruin the overall experience. Its a really good game that most gamers should give a try if their PCs are up for it.
  16. Dec 23, 2011
    As of right now, I think Assassin's Creed Revelations is an amazing game. Having not played any of the Assassin's Creed games since 2 on the 360, and getting this for the PC I think this is an amazing game. I'm not sure how different this is from Brotherhood but the multiplayer is an incredible amount of fun and it never gets old for me. The story is amazing as always for an Assassin'sAs of right now, I think Assassin's Creed Revelations is an amazing game. Having not played any of the Assassin's Creed games since 2 on the 360, and getting this for the PC I think this is an amazing game. I'm not sure how different this is from Brotherhood but the multiplayer is an incredible amount of fun and it never gets old for me. The story is amazing as always for an Assassin's Creed game as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this game to a friend who wants a rich story and never-ending fun multiplayer experience. Expand
  17. Dec 22, 2011
    This game is well made but did not reveal much. We did get to know what happened to Altair after the first Assassins Creed, but otherwise not so revealing as it promised. I like how much they added with the Brotherhood of Assassins in this game, ibut some of the texture flaws in this game make it annoying and irritable. But is still is fun. I like it, 9 out of 10.
  18. Dec 8, 2011
    Desmond must race against the Animus' deletion period to listen to what his long dead Ancestor Ezio has lef to say. Quite frankly I thought the storyline (if you actually followed it) was epic, subject 16 was played very well and the whole. They also played back a part of the storyline that was missing, "The Escape" with a little bit oif portal like puzzle solving in it which was a niceDesmond must race against the Animus' deletion period to listen to what his long dead Ancestor Ezio has lef to say. Quite frankly I thought the storyline (if you actually followed it) was epic, subject 16 was played very well and the whole. They also played back a part of the storyline that was missing, "The Escape" with a little bit oif portal like puzzle solving in it which was a nice change of pace for the game.

For my the animation of the characters was perfectly synced and the levels and areas looked absolutely amazing, I won't go into it so as to spoil game play but trust me on highest gfx they are amazing. The gfx are a lot higher than Brotherhood when you play it. The have really thought about the small bits and their texturing which they didn't in Brotherhood.

I like the combat as well and actually the enemies are quite a bit harder now, in Brotherhood I could actually get bored on a mission where Ezio was outnumbered, this game I was on an apprentice mission and I actually got so massively outnumbered I had no choice but to leg it, awesome!

The jumping is actually a little more refined too, I have push Ezios new jumping to the limits and I have noticed they have touched that since Brotherhood too.

Of course this game has the most amazing ending fight and scene, again no spoilers.

I gotta admit I didn't enjoy the tower mini-games but that was really the only flaw I could find.
  19. Dec 7, 2011
    One of the best game in a series I have ever experienced, the story and the game play is more like a movie then a game...just AWESOME.

the game play, controls, graphics are great, I had no bugs...which is always a blessing...and it was hard to leave it at night, one of those games that just pulls you in the storyline and you have fun all the way. BRAVO
  20. Dec 6, 2011
    Very well ubisoft. Cool scenario - it freezes up me... Like the oscar film or the award-winning book.

The movie, that i can play. No popcorn and brain is not off. The unique work with love of work of game-ing....

La pace sia con voi
  21. Dec 4, 2011
    In the previous review I forgot to mention that you really wish for the horse just like in Brotherhood's Roma
    Also new eagle Sense actually makes Eagle "vision" somewhat more logical.
    Also new eagle Sense actually makes Eagle "vision" somewhat more logical.
    Just like brotherhood had many temples for really amazing puzzles, Revelations contain mind blowing architecture and beauty of caves that you would not think would be interesting. The only thing that is left to wonder is how on earth have assassins build al those paths and hidden vaults. But the game but only if you are AC fan
  22. Dec 3, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Revelations, the new installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise promises us to be a better game. But is it a better game than it's predecessor, Brotherhood? Well in my personal opinion, yes it is! First of all the graphics look better than Brotherhood, the sounds and acting is great. One flaw in this category is that I still want to hear the shiiiiing* sound when you doAssassin's Creed Revelations, the new installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise promises us to be a better game. But is it a better game than it's predecessor, Brotherhood? Well in my personal opinion, yes it is! First of all the graphics look better than Brotherhood, the sounds and acting is great. One flaw in this category is that I still want to hear the shiiiiing* sound when you do a high-profile assasination like in Assassin's Creed II. The gameplay is similar to Brotherhood, albeit with new moves thanks to the hookblade. Also the combat is similar to Brotherhood but it has new finishing moves. The plot is interesting and kept me tied to my chair refusing to let the game rest for more than 2 minutes. The apprentice and Mediterranian defense are also a big plus, I like the idea to conquer then try to maintain the city, not to mention the BOMBS. HOW COOL IS THAT??? You have your personal grenades ready to unleash hell on your opponents. But then again no game is without flaws, and this game has one or two. First of all the Den Defense, I expected it to be Ezio vs 100 templars, not a tower defense game. I'm not saying it is bad, maybe some might enjoy it, but my point is that it turned out to be what I didn't want it to be. Also there is no quest for you to get your end-game armor like in AC II or AC:B. I'm not givng any details on the multiplayer as I didn't try it.

Overall it is a worthy sequel, a must-have for AC Die Hard fans, and for casual gamers alike.
  23. Dec 1, 2011
    Overall i think the game was a great improvement from its predecessor (Brotherhood). One of the features that i like about this game is how you are able to travel to places much quicker than before, due to the fact that you can glide over rooftops, fast travel, etc.

The graphic details improved a lot as well, where the textures and models are more detailed than before. Like all games, this should always happen where every year the game improves in graphic quality and this game fulfilled it.

The new features of weapons/items makes it more easier to play. One of these items would be a grenade that you throw to wipe out a crowd of enemies. There are more features, that you should find that out yourself. The story line is also as good as older Assassins Creed series, bring rich and full fulling experience. This is a game that should be played, if you haven't played any Assassins Creed, i suggest you to start from AC2 and start up.
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    This is an Assassin's Creed game. Not as great as Brotherhood, and not without its flaws, but still a game that delivers a complex and fulfilling experience. Visually stunning and with few here and there improvements, This is a game that overall will not disappoint! Just avoid the tower defence part and you'll be fine! :) i would give it an 8 but it is one of my favourite series and iThis is an Assassin's Creed game. Not as great as Brotherhood, and not without its flaws, but still a game that delivers a complex and fulfilling experience. Visually stunning and with few here and there improvements, This is a game that overall will not disappoint! Just avoid the tower defence part and you'll be fine! :) i would give it an 8 but it is one of my favourite series and i am giving it a break! OK? :) Expand
  25. Dec 29, 2011
    It's a great game for those who likes the series, but it's not very fresh. It gets repetitive, it doesn't have a lot of new features. It doesn't have the unique feel the 2 predecessors had, On the other two you remembered at what place you were at just by looking around, on this one everyplace seems to be the same... It wasn't very special for ezio's storyline either, the game only gave usIt's a great game for those who likes the series, but it's not very fresh. It gets repetitive, it doesn't have a lot of new features. It doesn't have the unique feel the 2 predecessors had, On the other two you remembered at what place you were at just by looking around, on this one everyplace seems to be the same... It wasn't very special for ezio's storyline either, the game only gave us missions to go after some stuff to get access to altair's memories and help the other assassins without any real, solid objective. The Den missions are boring. The side quests are not fresh anymore, so they're not very great. But yeah, overall it was a good game and it throws us on a good place for the next one, which I think it's going to be a blast. Collapse

Ultimately, Revelations leaves behind a bittersweet taste: it's the end of a saga (or two, depending on how you view things) and integrates fairly well in the timeline of the series, but... it's nothing more than a detour that answers a few questions, not an actual step forward.
  2. Feb 29, 2012
    It's the perfect closure for Ezio's trilogy; however, it does not offer something completely new and if you were getting tired by Brotherhood's mechanisms, Revelations will definitely not change your mind.
    It's Assassin with all you love and hate, plus even more world control and bombs and genre experiments. Only the visuals are getting old while the foes are not getting any smarter. [Christmas 2011]