7.4

1. May 27, 2018
    this is weakest assassins creed game in the Ezio Franchise its not as great as 2 or brotherhood
  2. Apr 16, 2018
    The follow-up to AC Brotherhood.

I was undecided for a moment whether it should be a 9 or a 10 but I would give it a 9,5 which rounds up to a 10. Positive points for me were the setting of Constantinopolis which was an emotional setting. The music was very atmospheric again and in some missions activated some uplifting spirits. Forum of the Ox and Agia Sophia temple entry music set
    The follow-up to AC Brotherhood.

Positive points for me were the setting of Constantinopolis which was an emotional setting. The music was very atmospheric again and in some missions activated some uplifting spirits. Forum of the Ox and Agia Sophia temple entry music set the mood nicely.

Minor criticism is for the unnecessary tower defence and animus block missions and the artistic colours which I found hard to digest in some cases like the style of the Janissaries.

Overall it is slightly less than Brotherhood but still a 10, looking back I had a positive long-lasting feeling from this game.
  3. Mar 5, 2018
    (87/100)
    An emotional ending to the Ezio Trlogy. I'm sad it's over but it ended the trilogy very well.
  4. Mar 3, 2018
    this game it is look like other AC game but for me the story was interesting and it had letter better graphic then other games in the series.
  5. Feb 12, 2018
    This time around the game-play feels a chore and boring, because nothing really new is added. A few innovations here and there but it was still fun to play if you played it for the story, and environment. It was an important entry in properly finishing the Ezio saga, and they did it right!
  6. Feb 1, 2018
    First of all, the Ezio trilogy is one great piece of gaming entertainment. Even AC 2 and Brotherhood, both, being better than this game, revelations is very entertaining with a good story and a great ending for Ezio AND Altair. The ending is very emotional and good the writing is good. Who never playedf this game needs to try it out.

+ Good visuals, Story, gameplay - The City of this

+ Good visuals, Story, gameplay

- The City of this games feels a little bit boring when you compare it to AC 2 and Brotherhood (No horses), a little bit too short
  7. Nov 24, 2017
    "Revelations" improved "Assassin's" world in many ways. But yet I have some mixed feelings about it.
    On one side, there is a polished gameplay (comparing to assassins released earlier) and a solid story, on the other side some additions to the story (I mean animus) and DLC content didn't work as much as I had hoped, some episodes in story were either boring or poorly directed (death of Lucy).
    Anyway, the game is a good ending to the story of Ezio, maybe not as epic as many had hoped, but good anyway.
  8. Sep 19, 2017
    A final installment in the Assassin's Creed Ezio trilogy is my personal favourite. While it's not revolutionary by far it improves on it's predecessors and delivers an interesting story in a rich and superbly designed environment.

The story this times takes place in Constantinople and ties all loose ends. Apart from writing the final chapter for Ezio it also revisits Altair who is also a playable character in certain chapters. And it was great to learn what happened to Altair and how both he and Ezio are tied together. The cut scenes are really nicely put together and the whole story is quite interesting.

Visually it's also an improvement although not breath taking. The characters are better animated, the environment is well designed and does remind of life teaming city packed with a lot of people. The map overall might be a bit smaller but it's so well designed that it's an actual improvement over the somewhat empty spaces we could encounter in the previous installments. I must admit the city - the way it looks, the way it's structured and how you move around it is what probably makes it my favourite Assassin's Creed game.

The mechanics for the most part are the same. With just the addition of bombs which are quite annoying to craft and not that useful and the hook which lets you climb higher places and also zip line which is super fun - the rest almost unchanged. The whole structure of the game remains the same. And it's absolutely fine as you get to do them in a great environment.

Overall as mentioned - definitely my favourite Assassin's Creed game. Though somewhat requires you to play the previous ones to fully appreciate the story it ties up. Can't recommend enough.
  9. Feb 2, 2017
    Not a very good game in the first place, and destroyed completely by several game-crashing bugs that were never fixed. The controls have been slightly improved from the first 3 games, but 80% of the game is a repeated loop of:

1. Do some random missions
    2. Find a book
    3. Get the book
    4. Find a masyaf key
    5. Get the masyaf key
    6. Play an Altair memory
    7. Repeat
  10. Dec 30, 2016
    Not as good as Brotherhood and it ends quickly, but keeps the high quality level Brotherhood has set. Lacks a bit of story and spirit to be great, but it is very good, sometimes serious, sometimes funny, its just too short to really get into. Out of first four AC games this one is second the best, behind Brotherhood.
  11. Dec 20, 2016
    Es el final de la trilogía de Ezio. Tengo que admitir que las demás armaduras de este juego son demasiado voluminosas y no me gustaron en absoluto, pero también tengo que admitir que su diseño fue interesante. La mejor armadura visualmente en mi opinion fue la del inicio, la cual teñi varias veces para disfrutarla en diferentes colores.

Ahora a lo que importa. La historia de este juego

Ahora a lo que importa. La historia de este juego está buena, no es una mala historia, pero deja algunos cabos sueltos. No es la mejor historia del mundo, pero tampoco es la peor. Este juego fue el primero en meter el famoso gancho que sirve para escalar más rápidamente, y recuerdo que fue en el primer juego donde el dinero no me sobraba, (quizá debido a que su historia era corta, y que tuve menos tiempo para hacer dinero).

Es un buen juego con mala historia... Tan simple como eso.
  12. Sep 12, 2016
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is basically the same compared to its predecessors, if not worse. The game stuffed itself with contents, yet only few feel good enough to have a reason to be there in the first place.
  13. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 8
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 9
  14. Apr 16, 2016
    Me encanta este Assassin's Creed puede que no sea tan bueno como el primer Assassin's Creed pero se mantiene a raya a su calidad y añade mejoras de gráficos y jugabilidad. Vale la pena su compra cada euro los vale.
  15. Feb 26, 2016
    Continuación del anterior con nuevos escenarios y alguna que otra mecánica, como el hookblade o los viajes rapidos. Juego aceptable dentro de la saga.
  16. Feb 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a tiny bit biased, because even with the flaws Revelation has, the ending (at least the first ending, the ending involving Altair and Ezio) makes up for most of them.
    This is the end of the Ezio-trilogy, and also kinda has a meeting of Ezio and Altair in a way.
    the new setting, Constantinople, is rather beautiful, even though it ofc looks a bit dated by now.
    So is Ezio, kinda... he is quite a bit older than he was in previous games, and you start to get the feeling he has aged, is a bit less agile, yet more experienced.
    The intro already is cool, following in Altairs footsteps into a fortress, followed by a very dramatic almost execution to a wild chase with a carriage, and then the game begins.
    The system with apprentice assassins you can hire has been elaborated on, and you can establish bases and send your assassins out all over Europe, which will get you mats and money. If needed, you can call your assassins, which makes some fights a bit easier. I really liked this system, just like I did in Brotherhood, it was a nice idea and nicely done, and feels much more "assassin-like" than hiring street-thugs in Syndicate.
    Another new system is a tower-defense like minigame, which I thought feels a bit "forced into the game". It was a nice attempt, but I didn't think it fit all that well, so I only did it once (the tutorial, which you have to do to progress the story), and never again... it's pretty much optional.
    You can craft different kinds of bombs, depending on what you like to use (distract enemies, smoke bombs etc). They elaborated on that, and teach you how to use it in game, and I did use different kinds of bombs, yet didn't think it was a big game-changer. It was another nice attempt to change things around a bit.
    The hookblade you get early on in the game enables Ezio to do faster climbing, or do wider jumps, plus it can be used in melee. Another small detail, not earth-shattering, but nice, and I liked how it was introduced (a "trademark tool" of the assassin-branch in Constantinople, so to say)
    The story is ok... nothing too amazing, but there are some very cool moments...sneaking into a feast, taking out murderers there, etc.

Flaws: I had 2-3 crushes. Also, the game still has the wonky controls the previous games had, where sometimes, things you try end up in a mishap... jumps not working, you ejecting yourself off a wall instead of climbing up, stopping instead of quickly climbing an obstacle etc.
    This made one optional race (against a potential apprentice you can hire) INCREDIBLY frustrating, as there was ZERO room for errors in that race, so I gave up and never hired that guy. No problem though, as you have enough other candidates, and once you level them up, they become useful assistants for taking out tougher enemies quickly.
    If you played AC II and Brotherhood, you might remember the optional "imba armour riddles". In those games, you could unlock legendary armour sets (AC II: Altairs armour, BH: Brutus' armour and dagger). There is something like that here, but this time, it's rather simple to get. YOu need to find a few items hidden in the city (you can use a guide to find these). In order to get to one of them, you need to get to sequence 4 or 5 in the story to unlock a part of the city... once you do, you can get all missing pieces, do a jumping-puzzle and unlock a legendary armour-set.
    It was nice and made things a bit easier, but it didn't feel like an achievement really, compared to the equivalents in earlier games. Much easier and you can do it early on.

The ending... what an iconic moment. I loved how it brought closure to the story of Ezio and Altair. I really liked the sequences where you played as Altair. He looked better than in AC 1, and you had the more modern handling. The sequences with him were tricky, sometimes quite difficult but that didnt bother me, as I simply loved how you were alternating between Ezio and Altair and brought their story to an end (or almost an end in Ezios case)
    One thing truly sucked: After you complete that story, you go back to the present, and there is another too-long, no-room-for-errors-jumping puzzle. At that point, I thought I had beaten the game and hated having to play another jumping-puzzle, needing several attempts to beat it. Same thing in AC3: Too much of an afterthought there, and after the totally cool, very epic and movie-like end of Ezios part (the chase and final fight), this felt tagged-on, unnecessary and anti-climatic.
    So: Its a bit buggy, it feels a TINY bit uninspired, some things were unnecessary (tower defense) or too easy (legendary armour), but at the same time, it was a great change of scenery, had some killer sequences (intro etc.), brought closure to 2 of the coolest assassins and, even with its flaws is a fun game, especially since you can probably get it cheap these days. If you liked ACII and BH and can get this for a few bucks, definitely consider it!
  17. Jan 10, 2016
    worst of ezio trilogy but it is really good game. gameplay mechanics are same as 2 and brotherhood. added bomb mechanics and hookblade. bomb mechanics are complex and usefull. hookblade makes easier climbing. battle system is same as brotherhood but guards are really powerful. it is harder than brotherhood. assassin training missions good and strange. generally side missions areworst of ezio trilogy but it is really good game. gameplay mechanics are same as 2 and brotherhood. added bomb mechanics and hookblade. bomb mechanics are complex and usefull. hookblade makes easier climbing. battle system is same as brotherhood but guards are really powerful. it is harder than brotherhood. assassin training missions good and strange. generally side missions are interesting. main missions disasppointed me. action is weak because there is nothing to do in city. ezio fighting with byzantines but city is ottoman city so ezio rarely fighting. main missions are following and sometimes assasinating. scenario is good. i liked it. some people don't like but i liked. altair's missions completed the story and interesting. graphics is better. saving costantinople from byzantine rebels like saving rome from borgias. it is enjoyable

summary: not very good and not bad. you should play for story of series
  18. Dec 21, 2015
    A very good ending to Ezio's trilogy, with nice flashbacks into Altair's memories. Innovations compared to Brotherhood are lacking, but if you take AC2 + Brotherhood + Revelations as one single game & story arc, it's a very enjoyable experience and you'll be left asking for more!
  19. Nov 25, 2015
    At 87%, 39 hours elapsed and finished the game already.
    Launch the game: I'm gonna 100% that ****
    Uplay starts and issues an update. Whatever dude.
    MFW update has wiped my savegame to 0%.
    **** you Ubisoft. I hope you rot in hell.
  20. Nov 10, 2015
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations é perfeito,uma obra-prima.O melhor jogo que já joguei sem contar enredo,gráficos,jogabilidade e todo o carisma de Ezio,que lhe faz a ubisoft ter minha nota dez dessa vez...
  21. Aug 28, 2015
    Assassin’s Creed Revelations is a third person parkour/stealth game, and the third in the Assassin’s Creed II trilogy of games. While on the surface this game may seem similar to – indeed, even improved from its predecessors, the game suffers from a weak plot and repetitive gameplay relative to the previous games.

Story Ezio Auditore is graying, but he hasn’t slowed down yet. After

Story

Ezio Auditore is graying, but he hasn’t slowed down yet. After travelling to the fortress of Altair, the assassin protagonist from the original Assassin’s Creed, in search of answers, he is confronted by a group of Templars who are searching for five keys that could open up Altair’s vault and give them access to the Apple of Eden, an ancient artifact left behind by Those Who Came Before that can reveal many secrets and control men’s minds, among other things. Ezio must find the keys before them so that he can keep the artifact safe.
    Alas, this game’s plot is quite poor compared to the previous games; the plot is motivated entirely by a “collect the soup cans” plot, where you try and collect the magical keys before the bad guys do. The cast is all new, with only Ezio appearing from the previous two Assassin’s Creed II games, and while there are flashbacks to Altair’s life in the aftermath of the original Assassin’s Creed, having never played the first game, I’m not sure to what extent some of the characters are carried over from that game.
    The biggest problem lies in the fact that the modern-day plot – the entire reason that Desmond, the protagonist, is flashing back through his ancestor’s memories – takes an extreme back seat throughout the game. Desmond spends the entire game trapped in the machine that allows him to view his ancestor’s memories, and thus the meta-plot comes to a screeching halt and the whole game feels like a pointless cash-in, something which Ubisoft created to exploit AC II once more before finally releasing AC III. While the meta-plot never consumed a huge fraction of the previous games, its absence here is very notciable, as Ezio’s story just isn’t that interesting or high-stakes, and none of the characters I encountered in Constantinople connected with me in any way. The whole “conspiracy theory” angle that the previous games had is almost entirely lost, with no real signs of said gigantic conspiracy appearing in the game, and without that whole aspect, the game is simply much less interesting.

Gameplay

The gameplay is virtually unchanged from the previous Assassin’s Creed II games. Ezio starts out with all his toys, and he only really gets a couple new ones – a hook that he can use to extend his reach while jumping, which is vaguely interesting for some platforming, and bombs, which have a variety of effects, but the main one is basically “win fights even more ridiculously easily than before.” There were a few acrobatic maneuvers added to close combat, but they’re mostly pretty worthless; combat is extremely easy and I never even once had to use the new maneuvers to win or escape.
    The gameplay is still the same formula as the previous Assassin’s Creed II games: you spend the whole game running through a city, climbing buildings and occasionally murdering people. The parkour is pretty smooth, but honestly has begun to wear a bit thin; while it is neat being able to climb buildings, in the end it is mostly just following paths through the environment which mostly feel extremely straightforward and without much skill. Because Ezio does so much automatically, there’s very little challenge in the platforming aspects of the game, and because Ezio is so good at instantly killing enemies – indeed, he can kill every enemy in the game with a single hit, and oftentimes, kill entire groups in this manner – there’s very little challenge in combat. The main challenge of the game is sneaking around stealthily, and a few missions where you aren’t supposed to kill people, but even all of that is easily done within a couple tries.
    Consequently, the game as a whole feels extremely lightweight, and there isn’t much of a sense of achievement in victory; everything feels like it was handed to you on a silver platter, and the lack of challenge makes a lot of the game feel samey. A few underground tombs add some variety to the feel of the game, and a few of them felt pretty good, but in the end they really more or less boil down to “running along the path and the game trying to make it look impressive”, rather similar to the 3D Sonic games, but without the challenge. The missions can almost all be beaten very quickly, and most of the missions that cannot be beaten extremely quickly are because you have to run back and forth across the city. If you were just running through the main quest line, you could beat the entire game in under 10 hours.
    The main side quests in the game are just “collect all the objects in the environment”, and while there are maps to finding the items which you can purchase, actually grabbing all the items is completely unchallenging; it is just tedious.
  22. Aug 25, 2015
    I really liked Assassi's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and then I get totally fed up with the same gameplay with Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
  23. Aug 23, 2015
    Weaker back story and presentation overall compared to previous titles. Desmond is always in coma inside the animus, no real-life cutscenes. Appearance of Bill never explained. Overall story only picks up a little later in the game, before that it'is very weak, basically running around in Constantinople. Oh, and there's virtually no follow up to Lucy's death in the previous game.

Ezio's

Ezio's and Altaïr's memories regarding to Piece of Eden are somewhat interesting, but only towards the end of the game. And getting Altaïr's memories consists mainly of linear platforming sections in hidden tombs that are nothing like the historic locations of wonder from previous games - it's just a race to the end.

Open-world in the city: repetitive, not interesting missions, even assassin ones. Spend most of the time trying to get from A to B, dodging people (I'm getting cramps from constantly holding RMB, W and Space), and missions are not creative at all, end quickly, with targets that you don't care about - not very interesting. City is huge but feels soulless, NPCs are mostly dummies, it's difficult to relate to, and events and characters don't help construct interest and care for the historic time and place. Overwhelming amount of collectibles to get and shops and buildings to renovate and for what reason? Mostly simply achievements, so, it's almost exclusively a time sinker. And den defense is a boring as hell tower defense that I managed to save myself and avoid altogether by constantly paying Herald's 100A to keep Templar awareness down....

Combat and movement is the same as ever, that is to say it's clunky, with the same sometimes despairingly frustrating problems. Ezio keeps climbing or not climbing contrary to what you mean to do, making navigation frustrating, screwing up missions and challenges where you can't be detected or do things in a specific way. Targeting is difficult where there's many enemies, which is most of the time, making it difficult to fire or engaging a specific enemy, screwing up some challenges in missions like preventing allies from getting hurt. With all that, I ended up restarting memories a lot and feeling frustrated about it.

Optional Desmond animus sections are visually cool, but there's only platforming to do, and it is frustrating and not rewarding - might as well just watch a YT video with the plot lines.

Assassin management and world map control had potential, but ends up being a chore, and there's little rewards - some armor and weapons that are very good, granted, but you can complete the game just fine without them.

Overall, playing this was mostly a drag, since the missions themselves were not creative and engaging in the slightest, and with all those control and combat problems, I ended up feeling like I should have just watched some videos on YT with the important cutscenes. There was little of the interest in the city, characters, events and historic locales that the previous games had. And almost everything you can do in the city "open world" is repetitive and boring, might as well not be there. Of course, graphics are still good, as well as acting and voices.
  24. Jul 7, 2015
    I just started playing this game a few days ago and i must say this is a very addictive game. I am a big fan of the AC series and i am aiming to complete all the games until AC Unity before the arrival of AC : Syndicate. Anyone who has played AC 1,2 and Brotherhood should not miss this one
  25. May 2, 2015
    Game: Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Ubisoft System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 85/100 Value Score: 8.5/10 • Story: 9/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 9/10 • Length: 5/10 • Replay Value: 6/10 • Player Value: 9/10 Pros +Retains similar gameplay to AC2 and ACB however adds new elements to the
    Game: Assassin's Creed Revelations

• Music: 9/10
    • Length: 5/10
    • Replay Value: 6/10
    • Player Value: 9/10

Pros
    +Retains similar gameplay to AC2 and ACB however adds new elements to the gameplay and features to the overall world such as the hookblade and the parachute.
    +All of the Assassin/recruiting guild features and Multiplayer features are back
    +Ability to create bombs and use bombs brings forth new ways to play the game
    +Everything from AC2 and AC Brotherhood in terms of town upgrades and renovations are back
    +A Portal style platformer mini game labeled as "The Lost Archive" is available
    +The menu/item/weapon scroll wheel interface is improved and now is controllable with two analog sticks which makes navigating much more simple than previous games.
    +Inclusion of Heavy weapons increases the amount of variety of weapons you can use in the game compared to previous games.
    +Great OST

Cons
    -Unable to re-do missions or sequences
    -Some sound effects go missing during some cutscenes (this may be a Uplay issue)
    -The game is more buggy than previous games and it is more common to come against floor glitches, etc
    -Some stuttering and lag occurs in the cutscenes (this may be a Uplay issue)
    -The game is shorter than the previously shorter than expected AC Brotherhood
    -The game feels a bit rushed when it comes to the storyline compared to previous AC games and feels like it should of been an extension to AC Brotherhood.
    -Recruitment of Assassins to the Assassin guild is more tedious than in Brotherhood
  26. Mar 10, 2015
    Very similar to the previous game, Brotherhood, with no significant improvements. The series is beginning to feel a bit stale, but not bad by any means. The story is ok, but a bit in-cohesive/random, like the last one. Great soundtrack. The game feels a bit shorter and the explorable world a bit smaller, a small pity and perhaps the result of Ubisoft rushing development. Certainly worthVery similar to the previous game, Brotherhood, with no significant improvements. The series is beginning to feel a bit stale, but not bad by any means. The story is ok, but a bit in-cohesive/random, like the last one. Great soundtrack. The game feels a bit shorter and the explorable world a bit smaller, a small pity and perhaps the result of Ubisoft rushing development. Certainly worth getting in a steam sale though. Expand
  27. Aug 5, 2014
    After the terrible slip that was Brotherhood, comes Revelations to repair the franchise's dignity. Revelations is superior to its predecessor in every regard, rivaling AC and AC:2 in what each does best, while doing so much more.

The first thing you'll notice about this game is that everything looks much, much better than in Brotherhood. Konstatinople rivals Venice as the most colourful location in any AC game, as do all of the secondary locations. Just as importantly, the city is a pleasure to navigate through, not just visually but also in terms of layout and freerunning paths. The features that allow for Ezio's stunts are not only convenient, but also look natural in their environment. This is something I couldn't say since the original AC.

The writing is as good as it has ever been. Unlike Brotherhood, Revelations is story-driven rather than a big collection of purposeless sidequests. Not that there are no sidequests to distract you, but they are much sparser and, frankly, I didn't miss them at all. The storytelling in this game is the richest and most colourful to date. Rather than throwing around faceless characters, just to name-drop a historical figure, AC:R takes a bit of time to develop some likable characters. This title takes it upon itself to patch the AC storyline, which by that point was stretched thin and made less and less sense.
    I think that a concise background story and motives for Desmond were way overdue.

In terms of fighting mechanics, Revelations is a marginal improvement over Brotherhood. Your assassin helpers are not as overpowered, and the use of camera feels less broken than in Brotherhood. Still, it doesn't seem that brilliant mechanics of the original AC will be making a comeback any time soon.

Revelations is not without fault. The unbeatable Janissaries that patrol parts of the city are an unpleasant encounter. The tower defense minigame is out of place. And the navigation puzzles you are expected to solve while getting Desmond's story felt are completely pointless. Seriously, it would have been better to just let us hear the story and admire the surreal environment.

Still, all things considered, AC:Revelations is the best AC so far.
  28. Aug 2, 2014
    Problems with uPlay on multiple computers over the past year has given me a bad attitude on Ubisoft quality. These service is buggy. The game is decent if rather linear.
  29. Ndi
    Jul 9, 2014
    I agree that this is not exactly the best story and, frankly, it's kind of disappointing.

But this is not why I am giving it a poor review (it used to be way higher) - it is because of its implementation. The security measures are insane - requiring its own online uplay client, not asking if it can install, not allowing you to play until you provide a valid, verified email address and last but not least downloading and installing a game and uplay and then immediately patching the game.

The technical implementation of the security is awful and that reflects on the game like everything else. Security instability is affecting the game just like game instability - this is relevant.

Others have complained about this and they have their reviews rated as unhelpful. Feel free to downvote this, too, I want others to know this game is filled to the teeth with DRM, an unnecessary client that requires online account to be created and email verified just to let you play a game you already bought.

I understand Google has my details and serves me ads, because search is free, so is gmail. If I were to pay for it, I would expect a different service. I pay for my product, I don't see why I have to suffer for this.

Also, this is a 2011 game. It's 2014. Boat has sailed, 3 more AC games have been launched. Everyone pirated the game. Why am I still bound to draconian DRM? Does Ubisoft care? No.

Stop buying this game. Stop encouraging these people. It is a mediocre game, with mediocre gameplay, that asks you for money to have the privilege to contribute to Ubisoft's email database and allow therm to remotely kill my game if they want, because my money is apparently scribbled on a piece of wet paper and have no value.

Don't buy.
  30. Jul 8, 2014
    I skipped this game back then after playing for 3 hours: just finishing Brotherhood, it was kind of boring to go back again and do the usual routine. After 1.5 years, I played AC3 and beyond a few curious things, it didn't feel I need to play AC2R in order to understand what's going on. AC3 was fun, AC4 was more fun, AC3L was still fun, but not as much as AC4. Now that I played those, II skipped this game back then after playing for 3 hours: just finishing Brotherhood, it was kind of boring to go back again and do the usual routine. After 1.5 years, I played AC3 and beyond a few curious things, it didn't feel I need to play AC2R in order to understand what's going on. AC3 was fun, AC4 was more fun, AC3L was still fun, but not as much as AC4. Now that I played those, I wanted to fill in the gap.

I felt the usual syndrome of going back to an early version after playing a more modern version: different controls, very slow menu and minimap (despite the gamer PC), lack of simplifications. The story is interesting, but not as moving as before and after: true to the critics, this was the bottom of the curve. The game time was rather short, 30 hours for 100% sync whereas I spent more than double in each of the sequels. Instant-fail-tail missions, naturally are there, which can become boring and annoying pretty quick, not to mention, after 7 installments.

Ultimately, Revelations leaves behind a bittersweet taste: it's the end of a saga (or two, depending on how you view things) and integrates fairly well in the timeline of the series, but... it's nothing more than a detour that answers a few questions, not an actual step forward.
  2. Feb 29, 2012
    It's the perfect closure for Ezio's trilogy; however, it does not offer something completely new and if you were getting tired by Brotherhood's mechanisms, Revelations will definitely not change your mind.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    It's Assassin with all you love and hate, plus even more world control and bombs and genre experiments. Only the visuals are getting old while the foes are not getting any smarter. [Christmas 2011]