8.7

1. Nov 14, 2013
    I've been playing every simulators since more than 10 years and I've seen lots of interesting simulations in the past, all with their own charm. Assetto Corsa raise the bar by providing the fun of Live for Speed, the moduling of rFactor, the laser scanned tracks of Iracing with the career mode of any AAA racing game on consoles. Most of these features are not in the game yet as the earlyI've been playing every simulators since more than 10 years and I've seen lots of interesting simulations in the past, all with their own charm. Assetto Corsa raise the bar by providing the fun of Live for Speed, the moduling of rFactor, the laser scanned tracks of Iracing with the career mode of any AAA racing game on consoles. Most of these features are not in the game yet as the early release is of course Beta which means you get the game without all it's final feature earlier at a discount price. Did I mentionned AC have a license for Ferrari cars? Plenty of games in the past had Ferraris and high brands but this is the very first time I actually have the feeling of driving one of these cars. You can play the game using a gamepad (with thumbstick!) but for the most immersive feeling, a proper wheel is highly recommended. You might see some people online bashing the game without even trying it. Most of these trolls are fanboys of other racing games and simply cannot accept than something much more realistic does exist. Don't listen to them, give it a try yourself. This is a must buy for any serious simulation fan. I hope this review helped you a little Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    It is on early access right now and already looking very promising. The content so far plays very smoothly and the handling is good, although a bit drift happy. The road to the 10 will be taken by the quality of the story mode (most likely to be released when it is out of early access.) I am very excited how it will turn out.
  3. Nov 16, 2013
    This is finally one good PC racing sim game. Havent had this enjoyment in a long time while playing a PC racing game. To be honest with you people i got quite bored by them lately...im sick of HUD filled with useless crap. Im sick of fake speeds by using overexcessive blur, NFS arcade crap. Im sick of all that. I want PC platform own Forza/Gran Turismo! and that is called Assetto Corsa.This is finally one good PC racing sim game. Havent had this enjoyment in a long time while playing a PC racing game. To be honest with you people i got quite bored by them lately...im sick of HUD filled with useless crap. Im sick of fake speeds by using overexcessive blur, NFS arcade crap. Im sick of all that. I want PC platform own Forza/Gran Turismo! and that is called Assetto Corsa.

Assetto Corsa truly woke up the racing desire in me! One would say AC has good points but ignores others. I am amazed that Kunos managed to really make an almost perfect racing sim for PC!

Right now it's EARLY ACCESS BETA. But they stated that when the game goes FINAL and beyond, they will finalize AI, multiplayer, add damage model features, a career mode and some other exclusive contents.

Anyway what i liked in Assetto Corsa :

- overall great controls for a racing simulator game. These italian guys use exact vehicle data from car makers such as Ferrari, Lotus, Pagani, BMW, you name it. Handling data files are even encrypted as requested by car makers. So it's 100% guaranteed that the car you drive, will behave the same as the real life car.
    - the graphics are simply amazing! car models/interiors are on par with Forza 4 or GT5. The scenery looks great too.
    - good optimization. The game runs and looks great on medium PC's.
    - the sound design is sweet. From the car engines, the tires, the exhaust pipe back, the wind while going at high speeds, to the little rocks hitting the car body when going of-course. Very good job on the sound too.
    - developers stated that they will continue to support this game with DLC´s years from now on.
    - laser technology scanned tracks which is the most authentic method for making a track in-game.
    - TRACK IR support
    - Oculus Rift support
    - replays support
    - Forza showroom mode like
    - and probably the best feature. MODS SUPPORT! people already started making their own car models, car skins, sounds, UI modifications, even new tracks for AC, you name it. (Not to mention they can simply import other cars from other games). So dont be surprised if one day you will see a car from Forza 4 added to Assetto Corsa by the modding community.

Finally a PC racing sim that caught my attention. No wonder the developers said they had a great launch on Steam. The game is simply superb. Thank you Kunos for releasing Assetto Corsa for PC! looking forward
  4. Nov 16, 2013
    ISI might as well give up developing rFactor 2. Even after 5 more years they couldn't match what Assetto Corsa has already done in Early Access. The User Interface alone makes rFactor look like Super Puke Brothers on the NES. rFactor 2 is not available on Steam, uses an ancient renderer and is years behind schedule. ISI do a very poor job of advertising and nobody even knows whatISI might as well give up developing rFactor 2. Even after 5 more years they couldn't match what Assetto Corsa has already done in Early Access. The User Interface alone makes rFactor look like Super Puke Brothers on the NES. rFactor 2 is not available on Steam, uses an ancient renderer and is years behind schedule. ISI do a very poor job of advertising and nobody even knows what rFactor is. But if your graphics card can only handle DX9, you will have to settle for that.

Assetto Corsa will be the leading racing simulation for years to come.
  5. Feb 28, 2014
    Please bare in mind that my review is of the game in current stage (version 0.7, 2-28-2014).
    This is not a 100% perfect game yet, but I recommend it to ALL of the fans of sim-racing, because it clearly is already one of the best racing simulators that has ever appeared. Physics is the top of the notch and is created by Kunos, with experience from NKP which was a masterpiece as well. The game is going to improve more over the time, and we shall wait for the final release.
  6. Dec 1, 2013
    The early release of Assetto Corsa has satiated the long awaiting sim community, with the beta and biweekly content and sim updates keeping everyone satisfied. The physics are acclaimed as the best and spending time with each car you will appreciate the nuances of the physics with each vehicle. The force feedback, after logging a solid amount of hours, is appreciable with subtle feelingsThe early release of Assetto Corsa has satiated the long awaiting sim community, with the beta and biweekly content and sim updates keeping everyone satisfied. The physics are acclaimed as the best and spending time with each car you will appreciate the nuances of the physics with each vehicle. The force feedback, after logging a solid amount of hours, is appreciable with subtle feelings still surprising me.

The graphics speak for them self, crisp, clean and easy on the eye. The tracks accurately modelled and replicated from laser scan data. A great core, weather the small team at KUNOS Simulazioni can build it in to a successful sim racing (game), we will have to wait.

Now, I'll go back to amazing myself with the Zonda at Mugello.
  7. Dec 20, 2014
    In my life I was grown up with Gran Turismo 2 and that was my king. After huge war inside me I choose Xbox 360 against PS3 for Forza Motorsport 3.

I became a fan of it, played countless hours till I bought Forza 4 and the dissapointment was HUGE. All those years I had a dream. A GT/Forza killer on PC so I can use my G25 wheel!! NFS Shift 2 simply was not good. And thats it!

And thats it! Assetto Corsa!! Its for PC, it has proper graphics and amazing car models, tracks are laserscanned, sound is good and what about physics??

Physics are INSANE! Playing Assetto Corsa you will improve your real driving skills and I am serious!!

Get a proper wheel with force feedback and buy this game.. YOU WILL LOVE IT!
  8. Jul 27, 2014
    Realistic physics, Good graphics, Real Cars, Real Tracks, KS EDITOR for importing community made tracks and cars! This is a must for every fan or real driving simulation! ASSETTO CORSA follows the new way of Continuous Improvement, and not a continuous profit over little or no improvement like other simulators.
  9. Oct 22, 2014
    Kunos Simulazioni came under a lot of criticism from me for their previous title NetKar Pro but they have obviously leaned from that experience as Assetto Corsa is an outstanding racing simulation. Sim fans will argue about who has the best tyre modelling, most accurate tracks, best physics, graphics etc but Assetto Corsa has managed to take all that and package it up in one great racingKunos Simulazioni came under a lot of criticism from me for their previous title NetKar Pro but they have obviously leaned from that experience as Assetto Corsa is an outstanding racing simulation. Sim fans will argue about who has the best tyre modelling, most accurate tracks, best physics, graphics etc but Assetto Corsa has managed to take all that and package it up in one great racing sim. DX11, laser scanned tracks, sublime tyre modelling and physics and solid online play in my opinion make this the sim to beat.

On top of the regular developer created content Asetto Corsa already has a lively modding scene making third party tracks and cars so the future is really bright for this sim and I don't doubt I'll still be playing this in years to come.
  10. Jul 6, 2014
    It's good for simulation , but bad for game
    too much mouse control
    too much Lotus (no more plz)
    bad race line (close it)
    slow development progress

but it's still fun , if you are simulation race player
    the best simulation Ferrari
    awesome engine wave
  11. Nov 21, 2013
    O simulador simplesmente sensacional. A física reage da forma esperada constantemente. O comportamento docarro sempre natural e proporciona um tocada real. A vontade de permanecer na pista volta após volta. De fato o Assetto Corsa o melhor simulador do mercado.
  12. Nov 24, 2013
    Wow, just WOW, what an amazing experience, the physics are perfect, the cars are minutely detailed, The replays are like nothing I've ever seen, Get this game now before it is £50
  13. Dec 2, 2013
    Probably the best Simulation game on PC.
    Physics and FFB are amazing, graphics really nice and very well optimized for an early access game.
    I'm waiting for AI and multiplayer to give a complete advice, but the driving sensation is already amazing.
  14. Mar 26, 2014
    Driving model is phenomenal. Very good optimization. Model driving you do not need to learn, works almost like in reality. You can move and drive 300 km / h, to first braking.:)
  15. Jun 28, 2014
    I'm giving this game an 8, this is everything a forza fan for the pc should want.
    It has the best physics and graphics for a racing simulator on the pc and it also now has multiplayer which is a lot of fun but with that said its lacking in content, it really need more cars and tracks.

So for a early access game it has a lot of potential.
  16. Oct 16, 2014
    One of the best driving Simulator on the PC in in my Opinion better than pCars.
    The graphics is not so good but its enough.
    But the Physic is Awesome and the best i think.
  17. psx
    Oct 29, 2014
    best simulator available, best simulator available, best simulator available, best simulator available, best simulator available, best simulator available ,best simulator available
  18. Jan 11, 2015
    Within my life-long relationship with racing simulators Assetto Corsa is simply the best one that I've ever played

PROS: - Stunning Physics - Very passionate Dev team - Car 3D models - Tons of mods CONS: - Online community MP servers are often hosted on low-performance machines that might lag a bit while many others are really exceptionally smooth - Online community around this

PROS:
    - Stunning Physics
    - Very passionate Dev team
    - Car 3D models
    - Tons of mods

CONS:
    - Online community around this game is toxic(people are expecting a indie studio to deliver everything for free despite having payed as little as 17,49€ for this game)

How many hours have I got in: 443 hrs
  19. Nov 1, 2014
    tl;dr If you enjoy driving cars, AC should be the no1 game in your collection.

tl;dr If you enjoy driving cars, AC should be the no1 game in your collection.

I've spent thousands of hours in sim (and arcade) racing. I've played almost every game with cars in it, from Outrun and Sega Rally to IRacing. Until last year I wouldn't touch anything except Live for Speed for my sim racing sessions. I like it because it is realistic and very enjoyable at the same time. Then, I learned about Assetto Corsa and my mind was blown! It has such natural feel in its ffb that I felt like my G25 was magically converted to a professional servo wheel or something! The graphics are top notch, the tracks are laser-scanned, the cars are flawless... The mod-scene is strong too, featuring some great cars, tracks and applications. I almost have 1000 hours play time and many great mp races to remember.
  20. Dec 2, 2014
    E' davvero un gran gioco! Dopo averlo comprato ho sentito la necessita' di acquistare un volante e l'ho fatto ! Giocato con il Logitech g27 ed il cambio h e' davvero molto simulativo! 10 e lode.
  21. Jan 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kunos Simulazioni has put in very hard work to create something like this especially in early access or alpha version. I think the game will advance after every single version developers will made so that Assetto Corsa will become a perfect PC simulator game. I also love that the developers includes 114 Steam achievements in the game so far.

Overall driving physics and especially drifting is amazing, I have not enjoyed something like that. Sound also is mind-blowing. I will be honest, currently I play the pirate version. I am saving money to purchase legal version of Assetto Corsa. I recommend it to everyone who loves sports, simulation and racing games.
  22. Mar 27, 2014
    After nearly 30 Years of Computer Racing und Simracing i must say this Simulator is the best Drive experience i ever made. This is more a Virtual Garage with Dreamcars as a Game. Maybe some people misunderstand this Product otherwise i cant understand why anybody give a Negative vote.
  23. Aug 16, 2014
    I give it a passing grade on physics and feel but as a functioning simulation game it fails horribly.Despite saying updates every 2wks(not a maybe or should be),nothing of the sort..no real good tracks ,hardly any cars..lots of repeats though with a gtc or s here and there..and multiplayer is a damn farce.If your looking for a great racing sim to unwind on the internet with and feelI give it a passing grade on physics and feel but as a functioning simulation game it fails horribly.Despite saying updates every 2wks(not a maybe or should be),nothing of the sort..no real good tracks ,hardly any cars..lots of repeats though with a gtc or s here and there..and multiplayer is a damn farce.If your looking for a great racing sim to unwind on the internet with and feel satisfied after racing(even when losing..lol) then this is NOT the sim for you. Expand
  24. Jun 28, 2014
    Best racing sim ever. That's just it, even in this early access stage with poor multiplayer, ai, collisions and no external damages, you have the best physics, the most realistic virtual reproduction of tracks and cars and the best feeling while driving, both using a professional race wheel or a gamepad. Nothing less than excellent. It's a really deserved 10 out of 10 for me.
  25. Jan 26, 2014
    This title is the true continuation of the stellar physics engine and force feedback that was the mark of NetKar Pro. This time, however the graphics has been greatly improved, and there are regular releases of updates, not many bugs, so overall it's a much better experience already.

If the multiplayer will be done with the same care, this will be the best sim out there, bar none.

I(ce)racing does not even come close in feel and simulation accuracy.

Keep in mind it's still under development, not all the content and features are in, yet!
  26. Feb 14, 2015
    Missing content that is normally standard for a racing game, incomplete features, bugs and texture as well as shadow flickering are the reasons why prolonged fun is difficult to come by in this game and why I can't recommend it as of now (v1.04). By my mind this game is as of v1.04 in in a beta state and should not have been released like this.

In Detail: I expect from a racing game

In Detail:
    I expect from a racing game that advertises fully featured single player modes at least one thing and that is that I will be able to race against AI opponents with a field of at least 20 cars that are of the same racing league and where every single car has its own livery. However, this is as of v1.04 not the case in Assetto Corsa!

Further, some of the skins that come with the game are very basic like the ones for the RUF Porsche or the Fiat 500 Abarth. They do not have any numbers on them or stickers, nothing, just plain single- or bi- colored paintjobs. Makes it difficult to drive in a pack of say 20 and differentiate who is who without turning on hovering driver names over the cars.

Besides those missing basic features this game has other serious problems with flickering shadows and moiré effects on the guard-rails. Unfortunately no configuration settings so far could fix it and the devs do seem to ignore the issue on the official forums so there is no help for it there either. By the way I am playing on a GTX 970.

Other problems are related to performance issues specifically the game displaying a warning about the CPU occupation above 95% but when I check the performance records in the Windows 7 Resource Monitor I can see that my CPU shows just 50% usage. Again no help in the official forums could be found even though several threads for the issue exist.

On top of that a lot of small bugs are very annoying like brake bias that sometimes will not adjust when I press the button for it or the game crashing when I try to assign a function to the ^-key on my keyboard and so on.

So as of now the fun, even so it sometimes is there when the game works for some time as one would expect and if you averlook the shortcomings in content, goes away very fast because of the small anoyances that in the sum are just to much to keep it going.
  27. Jul 24, 2014
    As the game is only in early access we can't judge it to a full extent. But what Kunos done here is incredible. All the cars feel super real (playing with G27, which takes some time to setup). The FFB in the game is a dream! Tracks look good, cars look and sound gorgeous! And the community is very active, supportive and creative: adding tracks like famous Nordschleife or Suzuka. I'd sayAs the game is only in early access we can't judge it to a full extent. But what Kunos done here is incredible. All the cars feel super real (playing with G27, which takes some time to setup). The FFB in the game is a dream! Tracks look good, cars look and sound gorgeous! And the community is very active, supportive and creative: adding tracks like famous Nordschleife or Suzuka. I'd say probably the best physics car simulator there is at the moments. The only possible rival is upcoming "project CARS". And though the game doesn't offer the same car/track variety as GT6/Forza, it's the physics that makes you want to play it.
    Would say it's a must for all racing fans and enthusiasts.
    Decent practice if you're going to some track In real life.
    We can only hope that Kunos will complete the game and realize their vision of it. And the game won't hang too long in Early access.
  28. Dec 12, 2014
    Well, how to explain how awesome is this game? Well, let's say the game saved me lot of money. I was saving money for a sports car like Subaru BRZ, but after playing Assetto Corsa regularly I came to a conclusion that I am fine with a regular hatchback because all the cars in AC feel so incredibility realistic to drive (on all the great tracks), so I don't need a sports car for myWell, how to explain how awesome is this game? Well, let's say the game saved me lot of money. I was saving money for a sports car like Subaru BRZ, but after playing Assetto Corsa regularly I came to a conclusion that I am fine with a regular hatchback because all the cars in AC feel so incredibility realistic to drive (on all the great tracks), so I don't need a sports car for my non-virtual life :-)
    The best driving simulator (that's actually fun to drive) there ever was on PC.
  29. Jan 5, 2014

WOW feels just like Forza 4 did but even better I think, drifting is amazingly realistic like Forza 4 was. Graphics are really good as well. This game is as good as forza and gt for sure AND IT IS A PC GAME!!! FINALLY PC racers have a good all around race sim game that's fun for even the non race sim gamers! There is no MP yet option still grey, other than the MP hot lap

There is no MP yet option still grey, other than the MP hot lap mod that is great fun.

I cant help but think wow this is early access... its so good already!
  30. Dec 9, 2013
    Not really sure how a criticism for the lack of acceleration is valid. There is only one F1 car and that is a 1969 Lotus 49, which is easily outperformed by many of the other cars. The car which "looks" like a modern F1 car is not and it nowhere near as powerful as an F1. For me it's probably the most beatiful and realistic car sims I have ever seen. I think that detractors would beNot really sure how a criticism for the lack of acceleration is valid. There is only one F1 car and that is a 1969 Lotus 49, which is easily outperformed by many of the other cars. The car which "looks" like a modern F1 car is not and it nowhere near as powerful as an F1. For me it's probably the most beatiful and realistic car sims I have ever seen. I think that detractors would be wanting an arcade game with lots of motion blur. Not sure how many people will drive the Ararth, but the Lotus 49 wow. Can't wait for the Ferrari 312T and the Lotus Turbo F1 car. Expand
  31. Nov 3, 2014
    Shallow low content game. MP is a joke, it doesn't work properly, servers are passworded or empty. AI is very dumb and is not aware of you, just going their line. No leaderboards. This game is good only for hotlapping, but for how long you will play alone, without AI, friends and even without the leaderboards?
    Graphics are outdated. Physics are good on some cars, but others handle like
    Graphics are outdated. Physics are good on some cars, but others handle like they're on ice. controller support is a joke, wheel is a must for this game if you want to play it.
    And it looks like that the reviews are bought. Where are the english reviews?
  32. Dec 16, 2013
    This game isn't done yet, there is no AI, 7 tracks and 12 cars... but I cannot leave it alone I have played all Gran Turismo games and all Forza games and I love all of them. But this, this is something else. The sound of the cars are near perfect. The physics are what dreams are made of. On a decent PC it looks better that Forza 5. I can't wait for more updated and DLC.
  33. Oct 17, 2014
    (version 1.003)
    pros:
    sublime tyres physic, best in class;
    improved and scalable graphic;
    best force feedback ever;
    laser scan tracks are almost perfect;
    high level sound;

cons:
    damage system is not complete yet
    no weather conditions
    poorly structured career system
    A.I. is wildly improvable
  34. Nov 26, 2013
    Soulless, no sensation of speed and acceleration. 'Everyday cars' feels like boats, F1 has no acceleration at all.
    Very disappointed. A simulation shouldn't be lifeless.
  35. Jan 16, 2015
    Does it need more tracks and cars? Yes
    Is the career a little bit boring? Yes
    Is this game perfect? No
    But...
    Is it the best driving simulator til now? Yes (Let's wait for Project Cars...)
    Are you going to have a lot of fun? Yes!
    Should you buy the game? YES
  36. Feb 5, 2015
    For sure, not the BEST SIM EVAR!!!!!! But good enough for 40€.

The developers announced new features that will come with the 1.1, so maybe it will start to be a good sim... MAYBE...
  37. Feb 2, 2015
    No words to describe this. Took when it still was in Early Access, and I didn't expected so much. But I already found more than I was expecting and with continuous updates and the start of the 1.0.2 version I kept on being amazed. It's pure simulation, suitable for both an engineer ferrari or a casual player like me, that comes from a Need For Speed. Playing with a wheel it's an awfulNo words to describe this. Took when it still was in Early Access, and I didn't expected so much. But I already found more than I was expecting and with continuous updates and the start of the 1.0.2 version I kept on being amazed. It's pure simulation, suitable for both an engineer ferrari or a casual player like me, that comes from a Need For Speed. Playing with a wheel it's an awful experience and if you're thinking to be an ace of the good simulative games, try this and you'll change your mind. The real simulation starts with Assetto Corsa!
    PS: don't believe to peoples that are talking negatively of this game, they just haven't tryed it at all ;)
  38. Dec 31, 2014
    Best racing simulation on PC, bar none. Better than Project Cars.

Best racing simulation on PC, bar none. Better than Project Cars.

While it may lack some of the eye candy of pCars (don't get me wrong, with a good PC it looks really realistic) Assetto Corsa shines on car physics and Force Feedback response. With a good wheel, it feels as close to driving a real supercar you're probably ever going to get. Car sounds are terrific. Tracks have been laser scanned from their real counterparts. Car interior and exterior graphics are top notch + even though it's by small company, they have official tracks and car licenses from Lotus, Ferrari, Mercedes etc... Only thing I could complain about, is the AI (which drives too well and hardly ever spins) but they are already making improvements for it. Game is also fully moddable. There already is some nice HUD apps (the HUD can be fully customized), cars, skins and even tracks, made by community. There is also more official cars and track in the making, available as DLC, some of it free. They just released a free RUF Yellowbird for christmas. I use the modded onscreen map mod, and realistic smoke mod, but other than that it's good as it is. Mods are easily installed and removed if you don't like them. AC also supports Oculus Rift. However, if you don't have a good wheel like Logitech G27, don't bother with this game. It's a purebred simulation and simply isn't made to be played with pad controller or keyboard :( While it's possible, it takes away half of the experience.
  39. Jan 22, 2015
    One of the best simulators i have ever play,amazing physics,great sounds, force fadeback works great on all my wheels, g27,t300rs,g25,momo racing and GT.
    Color pallet feels so natural, sense of speed its great to, also it needs to be bought only one time, NO microtransactions , or free to play game.
    Career is not perfect but its better than other sims,or even arcades like Grid or DC.
    Damage system is really good and online works great. GPU optimize is great to, i can run it on 840M and at the same time i can run it max out on 780Ti.
    This and R3E are amazing sims.
  40. Mar 5, 2015
    It is obvious that most of the reviews here are posted by people that work for them. 10 score for this game? HA HA HA.

Singleplayer sucks. Multiplayer sucks even more. You can play Live for speed for free and you will have a better simulation ( great driving ) and better multiplayer then in this game. ( it also needs improvement but it sure is better then playing this game.

Singleplayer sucks.
    Multiplayer sucks even more.

Singleplayer is simple in LFS ( hot laps or against AI but i still prefer that over some pathetic so called campaign )

Do your self a favor and do not listen to these fantards trying to sell you a game that sucks!

Yeah, it can look nice sometimes but that is the only thing. ( But considering it has optimization problems that is a problem also )
  41. Jan 10, 2015
    I have already spent 400+ hours playing Assetto Corsa. Using a FFB wheel the handling is great, and this is the greatest highlight of this game: the driving. I can go on driving and driving for hours, each corner is a rewarding experience. The second highlight of AC is the graphics: cars look stunning and replays are beautiful. The third highlight is that the game is very modder-friendly.I have already spent 400+ hours playing Assetto Corsa. Using a FFB wheel the handling is great, and this is the greatest highlight of this game: the driving. I can go on driving and driving for hours, each corner is a rewarding experience. The second highlight of AC is the graphics: cars look stunning and replays are beautiful. The third highlight is that the game is very modder-friendly. Amazing cars and tracks are produced every month by the community, you can never get bored. The fourth highlight is racing: multiplayer is still elemental but very solid, you can just jump into a public server for a quick race and have tons of fun, or if you're fast join a league.

Things to improve: hmm.. the computer-driven cars still have some weird behavior, multiplayer needs a bit of work to enable more admin options, and some other small details here and there.
  42. Jan 12, 2015
    Take it for what it is, a diamond in the rough. Best handling I have ever seen, all cars feel great, tracks are beautiful. All currently implemented content is flawless, it still needs more tracks, cars, weather and night day cycle but its a work in progress. I give it a 10 because handling wise, tire model, road feeling is already one of the most satisfying gaming experiences of my life.Take it for what it is, a diamond in the rough. Best handling I have ever seen, all cars feel great, tracks are beautiful. All currently implemented content is flawless, it still needs more tracks, cars, weather and night day cycle but its a work in progress. I give it a 10 because handling wise, tire model, road feeling is already one of the most satisfying gaming experiences of my life. I will gladly keep giving Kunos my money for upcoming DLCs, this is truly a labor of love. Fine Italian craftsmanship. Expand
  43. Jan 27, 2015
    Being a fan of racing sims and having years of real driving experience, I've always been looking for a game that allows me to feel the car and the road as close to genuine driving as possible. Assetto Corsa absolutely delivers the real thrill of being behind the wheel of a car. There aren't so many vehicles and tracks to choose from yet, but the ones that are available at the moment - areBeing a fan of racing sims and having years of real driving experience, I've always been looking for a game that allows me to feel the car and the road as close to genuine driving as possible. Assetto Corsa absolutely delivers the real thrill of being behind the wheel of a car. There aren't so many vehicles and tracks to choose from yet, but the ones that are available at the moment - are recreated with maximum detail and with true passion. And more downloadable content is on the way!
    As to the physics, only iRacing can compete with this game in my opinion - the driving is simply phenomenal. The fact that the development team uses real performance data from car manufacturers puts the experience to a higher level, you can easily lose yourself in this simulation for hours straight.
    And the graphics are gorgeous, especially if you have pc-horsepower to crank up all the video settings. Cockpit cam is superb, the quality of the interiors is second to none. I recommend playing it in 3D with a good FFB wheel.
    In a word, this is a must have for all racing fans. And if you are not a racing fan - play Assetto Corsa and you will undoubtedly become one ;)
  44. Feb 18, 2015
    Simracing veteran here. Started with Papyrus Indycar Racing 1 so respect my authoritah!
    Version 1.0.4
    Pro: +Graphics and performance are very good regarding the original content. +Slick menus, especially a great app system for ingame. +Good all around mixture of content. The Licences are a bit limited as of now but more have already been announced. Not Forza or GT but I don't need
    Version 1.0.4

Pro:
    +Graphics and performance are very good regarding the original content.
    +Slick menus, especially a great app system for ingame.
    +Good all around mixture of content. The Licences are a bit limited as of now but more have already been announced. Not Forza or GT but I don't need 150 skylines or a VW Beetle anyway, so...
    + Laser scanned tracks!!!! Once you tried it, you can never go back. Huge problem for Project Cars coming up in my view.
    + great physics enginge that is very accessible for modders, a lot of fun you to hurl around in a 458 or sls
    + you can just feel it is made by enthusiasts
    + in my opinion best simulation of downforce behaviour in formula / aero cars. feels very organic.

cons:
    -sounds. first the enginge was the issue. they now use f-mod but the sound files themselves simply aren't good enough. takes away a lot of immersion.
    - AI sucks
    - MP sucks, like expected in public lobbies. take a shot for every time you get hammered off the track in turn 1
    - Setting up your wheel force feedback is a nerve wracking process for every car-track combo because you cannot set it up on the fly but have to go back to the pits.
    - no day-night-cycle
    - no actual weather, altough the system is being expanded.
    - no real dynamic track like in rfactor 2
    - the ffb is not as good as in rfactor 2. not far behind but rf2 has just that little bit more detail.

When it comes to simracing, there is sadly no one sim to rule them all. all of them have their strenghts and weaknesses.

It is still quite WIP. Kunos will liquidize financially on a regular basis with extra content (hell yeah, their stuff is top notch) and add more features and depth to the sim.

AC is right now the best DRIVING Simulator. As in Top Gear style road test. on your own. you, car, tarmac.

If you want to go racing, you should consider other sims as well. Offline primarly Game Stock Car and online, if you can afford the paywall, iRacing. If you want ultra physical realism and customization of driving conditions, then go with rfactor 2. If this is more a hobby then a game for you and, like me, willing to "blow" north of 500 bucks for a wheel and pedals anyway, just have a go at every one of them.
  45. RND
    Feb 27, 2015
    This game is often compared with Project Cars, Gran Turismo and Forza, while it really should be compared with other hardcore simulators like LFS, rFactor, iRacing etc. It's really a league of it's own, having the perfect and fun physics along with beautiful graphics and a great modding community. What more else would you want from a simulator anyways?
  46. Mar 2, 2015
    nice sim- racing,
    nice physics

lot of cars, laser scaned track,
    user mod, Dreampack DLC

and will be add Lamborghini Aventador, Huracan, Gallarodo, Veneno, Countach, Miura, Esterion

1. Mar 4, 2015
    Differences between beta version and the final game are close to none, which means that the career mode – the heart of every racing game – is not even a prototype, it’s a prosthesis. Driving model is excellent though and the tracks were meticulously recreated with laser scanning. Along with the support for the modding community it lets me believe that Assetto Corsa might become a brilliant game in the future. [02/2015, p.52]
  2. Feb 24, 2015
    User freedom, decent multiplayer and most of all an overwhelming feeling of supersport car control. Thanks to its qualities Assetto Corsa is a wonderful gift for all of the virtual steering wheel masters.
  3. Feb 8, 2015
    Dripping with passion for motor racing, Assetto Corsa is a racing sim that can only get better thanks to regular updates. [Feb 2015, p.13]