8.6

1. Nov 14, 2013
    I've been playing every simulators since more than 10 years and I've seen lots of interesting simulations in the past, all with their own charm. Assetto Corsa raise the bar by providing the fun of Live for Speed, the moduling of rFactor, the laser scanned tracks of Iracing with the career mode of any AAA racing game on consoles. Most of these features are not in the game yet as the early release is of course Beta which means you get the game without all it's final feature earlier at a discount price. Did I mentionned AC have a license for Ferrari cars? Plenty of games in the past had Ferraris and high brands but this is the very first time I actually have the feeling of driving one of these cars. You can play the game using a gamepad (with thumbstick!) but for the most immersive feeling, a proper wheel is highly recommended. You might see some people online bashing the game without even trying it. Most of these trolls are fanboys of other racing games and simply cannot accept than something much more realistic does exist. Don't listen to them, give it a try yourself. This is a must buy for any serious simulation fan. I hope this review helped you a little Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    It is on early access right now and already looking very promising. The content so far plays very smoothly and the handling is good, although a bit drift happy. The road to the 10 will be taken by the quality of the story mode (most likely to be released when it is out of early access.) I am very excited how it will turn out.
  3. Nov 16, 2013
    This is finally one good PC racing sim game. Havent had this enjoyment in a long time while playing a PC racing game. To be honest with you people i got quite bored by them lately...im sick of HUD filled with useless crap. Im sick of fake speeds by using overexcessive blur, NFS arcade crap. Im sick of all that. I want PC platform own Forza/Gran Turismo! and that is called Assetto Corsa.

Assetto Corsa truly woke up the racing desire in me! One would say AC has good points but ignores others. I am amazed that Kunos managed to really make an almost perfect racing sim for PC!

Right now it's EARLY ACCESS BETA. But they stated that when the game goes FINAL and beyond, they will finalize AI, multiplayer, add damage model features, a career mode and some other exclusive contents.

Anyway what i liked in Assetto Corsa :

- overall great controls for a racing simulator game. These italian guys use exact vehicle data from car makers such as Ferrari, Lotus, Pagani, BMW, you name it. Handling data files are even encrypted as requested by car makers. So it's 100% guaranteed that the car you drive, will behave the same as the real life car.
    - the graphics are simply amazing! car models/interiors are on par with Forza 4 or GT5. The scenery looks great too.
    - good optimization. The game runs and looks great on medium PC's.
    - the sound design is sweet. From the car engines, the tires, the exhaust pipe back, the wind while going at high speeds, to the little rocks hitting the car body when going of-course. Very good job on the sound too.
    - developers stated that they will continue to support this game with DLC´s years from now on.
    - laser technology scanned tracks which is the most authentic method for making a track in-game.
    - TRACK IR support
    - Oculus Rift support
    - replays support
    - Forza showroom mode like
    - and probably the best feature. MODS SUPPORT! people already started making their own car models, car skins, sounds, UI modifications, even new tracks for AC, you name it. (Not to mention they can simply import other cars from other games). So dont be surprised if one day you will see a car from Forza 4 added to Assetto Corsa by the modding community.

Finally a PC racing sim that caught my attention. No wonder the developers said they had a great launch on Steam. The game is simply superb. Thank you Kunos for releasing Assetto Corsa for PC! looking forward
  4. Nov 16, 2013
    ISI might as well give up developing rFactor 2. Even after 5 more years they couldn't match what Assetto Corsa has already done in Early Access. The User Interface alone makes rFactor look like Super Puke Brothers on the NES. rFactor 2 is not available on Steam, uses an ancient renderer and is years behind schedule. ISI do a very poor job of advertising and nobody even knows what rFactor is. But if your graphics card can only handle DX9, you will have to settle for that.

Assetto Corsa will be the leading racing simulation for years to come.
  5. Feb 28, 2014
    Please bare in mind that my review is of the game in current stage (version 0.7, 2-28-2014).
    This is not a 100% perfect game yet, but I recommend it to ALL of the fans of sim-racing, because it clearly is already one of the best racing simulators that has ever appeared. Physics is the top of the notch and is created by Kunos, with experience from NKP which was a masterpiece as well. The
    game is going to improve more over the time, and we shall wait for the final release. Expand
  6. Nov 26, 2013
    Soulless, no sensation of speed and acceleration. 'Everyday cars' feels like boats, F1 has no acceleration at all.
    Very disappointed. A simulation shouldn't be lifeless.
  7. Feb 3, 2014
    The cars drive excellent, but it's all that game has right now. No single player, no multiplayer. There's only a few cars and tracks, no leaderboards. This game is like pre-alpha only and it's already has been on sale and paid DLC announced.
    But lets hope it will evolve into something good, but it's still a long wait.
  8. Nov 22, 2013
    the best racing sim on pc bar none.
    amazing physics give a fantastic feel from youy wheels to the track
    amazing force feedback on my Logitech dfgt great graphics beautiful car models laser scanned tracks
    equally good ui massive mod surport.
    for me this is a must own and the perfect sim for any race fan.
    a good wheel is a must though to get the most out of it.
  9. Nov 24, 2013
    Wow, just WOW, what an amazing experience, the physics are perfect, the cars are minutely detailed, The replays are like nothing I've ever seen, Get this game now before it is £50
  10. Nov 21, 2013
    O simulador simplesmente sensacional. A física reage da forma esperada constantemente. O comportamento docarro sempre natural e proporciona um tocada real. A vontade de permanecer na pista volta após volta. De fato o Assetto Corsa o melhor simulador do mercado.
  11. Dec 1, 2013
    The early release of Assetto Corsa has satiated the long awaiting sim community, with the beta and biweekly content and sim updates keeping everyone satisfied. The physics are acclaimed as the best and spending time with each car you will appreciate the nuances of the physics with each vehicle. The force feedback, after logging a solid amount of hours, is appreciable with subtle feelings still surprising me.

The graphics speak for them self, crisp, clean and easy on the eye. The tracks accurately modelled and replicated from laser scan data. A great core, weather the small team at KUNOS Simulazioni can build it in to a successful sim racing (game), we will have to wait.

Now, I'll go back to amazing myself with the Zonda at Mugello.
  12. Dec 2, 2013
    Probably the best Simulation game on PC.
    Physics and FFB are amazing, graphics really nice and very well optimized for an early access game.
    I'm waiting for AI and multiplayer to give a complete advice, but the driving sensation is already amazing.
  13. Jul 6, 2014
    It's good for simulation , but bad for game
    too much mouse control
    too much Lotus (no more plz)
    bad race line (close it)
    slow development progress

but it's still fun , if you are simulation race player
    the best simulation Ferrari
    awesome engine wave
  14. Jun 28, 2014
    Best racing sim ever. That's just it, even in this early access stage with poor multiplayer, ai, collisions and no external damages, you have the best physics, the most realistic virtual reproduction of tracks and cars and the best feeling while driving, both using a professional race wheel or a gamepad. Nothing less than excellent. It's a really deserved 10 out of 10 for me.
  15. Jan 5, 2014
    10/10 WOW feels just like Forza 4 did but even better I think, drifting is amazingly realistic like Forza 4 was. Graphics are really good as well. This game is as good as forza and gt for sure AND IT IS A PC GAME!!! FINALLY PC racers have a good all around race sim game that's fun for even the non race sim gamers! There is no MP yet option still grey, other than the MP hot lap mod that is great fun.

I cant help but think wow this is early access... its so good already!
  16. Jan 26, 2014
    This title is the true continuation of the stellar physics engine and force feedback that was the mark of NetKar Pro. This time, however the graphics has been greatly improved, and there are regular releases of updates, not many bugs, so overall it's a much better experience already.

If the multiplayer will be done with the same care, this will be the best sim out there, bar none.

I(ce)racing does not even come close in feel and simulation accuracy.

Keep in mind it's still under development, not all the content and features are in, yet!
  17. Dec 16, 2013
    This game isn't done yet, there is no AI, 7 tracks and 12 cars... but I cannot leave it alone I have played all Gran Turismo games and all Forza games and I love all of them. But this, this is something else. The sound of the cars are near perfect. The physics are what dreams are made of. On a decent PC it looks better that Forza 5. I can't wait for more updated and DLC.
  18. Jun 28, 2014
    I'm giving this game an 8, this is everything a forza fan for the pc should want.
    It has the best physics and graphics for a racing simulator on the pc and it also now has multiplayer which is a lot of fun but with that said its lacking in content, it really need more cars and tracks.

So for a early access game it has a lot of potential.
  19. Dec 9, 2013
    Not really sure how a criticism for the lack of acceleration is valid. There is only one F1 car and that is a 1969 Lotus 49, which is easily outperformed by many of the other cars. The car which "looks" like a modern F1 car is not and it nowhere near as powerful as an F1. For me it's probably the most beatiful and realistic car sims I have ever seen. I think that detractors would be wanting an arcade game with lots of motion blur. Not sure how many people will drive the Ararth, but the Lotus 49 wow. Can't wait for the Ferrari 312T and the Lotus Turbo F1 car. Expand
  20. Jan 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kunos Simulazioni has put in very hard work to create something like this especially in early access or alpha version. I think the game will advance after every single version developers will made so that Assetto Corsa will become a perfect PC simulator game. I also love that the developers includes 114 Steam achievements in the game so far.

Overall driving physics and especially drifting is amazing, I have not enjoyed something like that. Sound also is mind-blowing. I will be honest, currently I play the pirate version. I am saving money to purchase legal version of Assetto Corsa. I recommend it to everyone who loves sports, simulation and racing games.
  21. Mar 26, 2014
    Driving model is phenomenal. Very good optimization. Model driving you do not need to learn, works almost like in reality. You can move and drive 300 km / h, to first braking.:)
  22. Mar 27, 2014
    After nearly 30 Years of Computer Racing und Simracing i must say this Simulator is the best Drive experience i ever made. This is more a Virtual Garage with Dreamcars as a Game. Maybe some people misunderstand this Product otherwise i cant understand why anybody give a Negative vote.
  23. Jul 24, 2014
    As the game is only in early access we can't judge it to a full extent. But what Kunos done here is incredible. All the cars feel super real (playing with G27, which takes some time to setup). The FFB in the game is a dream! Tracks look good, cars look and sound gorgeous! And the community is very active, supportive and creative: adding tracks like famous Nordschleife or Suzuka. I'd say probably the best physics car simulator there is at the moments. The only possible rival is upcoming "project CARS". And though the game doesn't offer the same car/track variety as GT6/Forza, it's the physics that makes you want to play it.
    Would say it's a must for all racing fans and enthusiasts.
    Decent practice if you're going to some track In real life.
    We can only hope that Kunos will complete the game and realize their vision of it. And the game won't hang too long in Early access.
  24. Jul 27, 2014
    Realistic physics, Good graphics, Real Cars, Real Tracks, KS EDITOR for importing community made tracks and cars! This is a must for every fan or real driving simulation! ASSETTO CORSA follows the new way of Continuous Improvement, and not a continuous profit over little or no improvement like other simulators.
  25. Aug 16, 2014
    I give it a passing grade on physics and feel but as a functioning simulation game it fails horribly.Despite saying updates every 2wks(not a maybe or should be),nothing of the sort..no real good tracks ,hardly any cars..lots of repeats though with a gtc or s here and there..and multiplayer is a damn farce.If your looking for a great racing sim to unwind on the internet with and feel satisfied after racing(even when losing..lol) then this is NOT the sim for you. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.