AudioSurf PC

8.8

1. ArchangelMajestic
    Mar 3, 2008
    superior gameplay,fantastic graphics,the capability to use your own music files are unsurpassed,and the only downside was the demo was too damn short....but, the mood was good and this game will reside in the hall of fame.
  2. ZedS.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Awesome, that word sums it all up. Fantastic concept, good gameplay, nice graphics and a nice variations on the standard graphics, good updates, and of course gameplay based on your favorite tunes, how awesome is that! And with the right development it has a lot for us in store in the future. Buy it because you will like it and for that money, who can't afford it. But be warned, it Awesome, that word sums it all up. Fantastic concept, good gameplay, nice graphics and a nice variations on the standard graphics, good updates, and of course gameplay based on your favorite tunes, how awesome is that! And with the right development it has a lot for us in store in the future. Buy it because you will like it and for that money, who can't afford it. But be warned, it is highly addictive. Expand
  3. JonG.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Amazing game! Probably one of the most addictive and fun games I've ever played.. On top of the gameplay, it's dust-cheap and is non-completeable. You never grow tired, because all you have to do switch song!
  4. DavidL.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This game is, in a nutshell; genius! It allows the user to play any music they wish and every song played is it's own level of intensity and complexity, infinite replay value if you ask me.
  5. AndreaM
    Mar 4, 2008
    One of the most addicting games ever! this game is awesome. i love choosing my music
  6. TimA.
    Mar 5, 2008
    If ratings are measured by combining enjoyment, time and value, this game should be one of the best games ever. I feel like I've robbed the game producer, for obtaining such an excellent game at such an excellent price.
  7. AC
    Mar 5, 2008
    Very addictive. I suspect this game will get the most hours played per dollar spent on the game for me.
  8. MarkD.
    Mar 5, 2008
    One of the best games ever. A "MUST HAVE" for music lovers.
  9. TimT.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Unfortunately, I've only played the demo. But I'm placing an order for the full game, because this is by far the most fun music game I've ever played. Best $10 game EVER.
  10. DiamondY.
    Mar 7, 2008
    $10, turn your own music into a Wipeout/Guitar Hero/Puzzle game of your own choosing and skill. I don't know a better deal. Only drawback is that you may get a little burned out on it or discouraged if you don't have a high score (but then you can just find a more obscure song that people don't play). Got a little dizzy with some songs that have a hard beat since the game $10, turn your own music into a Wipeout/Guitar Hero/Puzzle game of your own choosing and skill. I don't know a better deal. Only drawback is that you may get a little burned out on it or discouraged if you don't have a high score (but then you can just find a more obscure song that people don't play). Got a little dizzy with some songs that have a hard beat since the game throws in hills for each hard beat-but that isn't the norm. Lots of fun and a half hour game always leads to an hour instead. Madonna's Ray of Light is the perfect race track for me so far (and I'm no big Madonna fan)...hard but not brutal and fun every time. Expand
  11. JasonC.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Audiosurf ushers in a new breed of gameplay and has, by far, the best soundtrack available on the market today.
  12. BruceM.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Just a great casual game. The ability to use your own songs is fantastic.
  13. AlexR.
    Mar 8, 2008
    I think this game is just flat out awesome.
  14. AdamD.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Simply the best $10 I have ever spent on a game. the game is simple and addictive, but raise the difficulty, and there's a much deeper game within. the graphics are beautiful, the endless supply of songs (your music collection) is simply amazing, especially considered I've played probably 100 songs and have yet to find any of them drastically similar.
  15. TomasH.
    Mar 9, 2008
    This game is so awesome, addicting, and fun I would recommend this to all my friends.
  16. BoyR.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lots of fun but be warned it does seem to be highly and unstable and prone to crashing...hopefully they'll get this sorted out with a patch.
  17. NathanS.
    Apr 3, 2008
    It is perfect from the start of the title screen to the end when you close the game and Thank valve and steam for supporting this game. This game will never die until music it self fails every new C.D. adds to the game the would it the limit for this game, I hope people will start making music for use in this game and giving it to the public.
  18. ChristianK.
    Apr 4, 2008
    Best ten bucks I ever spend, can see me still playing this game in 10 years.
  19. RJS.
    Apr 8, 2008
    To have a game deliver full 3D entertainment as a music enhancing experience is great, but do have it powered by ALL of your personal music files is just mind numbingly awesome! I highly recommend this to music/gaming enthusiast like my self.
  20. ChrisC.
    Apr 9, 2008
    For the people who think the blocks are supposed to be guitar are wrong, its a rhythm game, its based on the beat of the song, and the drums. This game is so much fun, you can use any song you want! I love faster paced songs, its more intense and is a lot of fun! Well worth the low price.
  21. FrankP.
    May 5, 2008
    Amazing genius game, best game since Tetris. If you like music you will love this game. You can load your favorite mp3 in the game and ride your music. AMAZING love that game.
  22. AdamM.
    May 7, 2008
    I love this game, I can never get bored again, It's a great time killer while waiting for something!
  23. BenB.
    May 7, 2008
    When I first heard about this game, I was like, just another worthless pipedream. How wrong I was! I downloaded the demo, and straight after playing one song, I bought the game. Its addictive, a great value for money, and fun when playing multiplayer!
  24. LulzL.
    Jun 9, 2008
    LOVE IT! I also love how people are complaining "waahhh it's a whole 10 dollars!!! WAHHH!!" Sure its not the best game on earth but it evens out with the CHEAP price (please some one tell me how 10 $ is alot?).
  25. SuperMan
    Jul 21, 2008
    it is a brilliant game ... when you first get it, but after a couple of months it just gets repetitive and bores you. It is still a very good unique game though.
  26. TacDrol
    Jul 26, 2008
    After playing this game for a couple of hours, I never wanted to listen to music without the game again.
  27. KyleH
    Dec 26, 2009
    Honestly one of the most addicting games I've ever played. It's all I've been playing for almost four days now. I love this game!
  28. ryanwood
    Oct 5, 2009
    Awsome game; its practically more addicting than crack. the only downside is retarded questviewer is glitchy and is teh suck. I absolutely love this game because of the challenge it offers, especially with the metal and death metal genres of music. It just keeps pulling me back in and when the game is on sale for 5 bucks you better go get it. its by far the best game ive bought in a longAwsome game; its practically more addicting than crack. the only downside is retarded questviewer is glitchy and is teh suck. I absolutely love this game because of the challenge it offers, especially with the metal and death metal genres of music. It just keeps pulling me back in and when the game is on sale for 5 bucks you better go get it. its by far the best game ive bought in a long time thats a non fps. Expand
  29. ZethtL
    Jun 5, 2009
    This is an amazing game one of my professors recommended to me - and I'm so grateful! It's fantastic for doing two of my favorite things: listening to music, and gaming. Whether I have hours to play or just a few minutes of downtime to pass, the lovely visuals and great tunes keep me occupied. This is definitely a game for audiophiles. I also found I could play it with my Wacom This is an amazing game one of my professors recommended to me - and I'm so grateful! It's fantastic for doing two of my favorite things: listening to music, and gaming. Whether I have hours to play or just a few minutes of downtime to pass, the lovely visuals and great tunes keep me occupied. This is definitely a game for audiophiles. I also found I could play it with my Wacom tablet for an extra coordination challenge! Expand
  30. TomasJ.
    Aug 4, 2009
    First. This game uses a shitty engine. Second, this game was made by one guy. So, lets say - its good for the $10 (or 10
  31. SarahR
    Apr 22, 2010
    This game is incredible and addictive, and the best part, you can use any music, any music at -all-! It's very creative, there's a difficulty and method of gameplay to suit everyone, and it's a lot less silly looking to play than Guitar Hero - not to mention hundreds of dollars cheaper! Oh, and it'll hack your iTunes for you. What more could you possibly want?
  32. Joshua
    Nov 7, 2008
    Audiosurf is like Guitar Hero meets F-Zero. It's probably the best indie game I've seen in a long time and I would suggest that you add this to your gaming collection.(note: the game doesn't come with free musice except The Orange Box sound track, so I would suggest that you have some good CDs to upload to your computer.
  33. SteveH.
    Dec 10, 2008
    This game is addicting and flashy and that's all you need to make a great title. In order to keep this game fun and entertaining, however, you need to make sure you are mixing up your setlist often enough so that you don't get sick of hearing the same song over and over. Much like listening to an mp3 without the game.
  34. Headbanger
    Feb 21, 2008
    This is exactly what it promises, you do actually ride your music and it is quite entertaining, especially for $10. This is a great game that just about anyone can pick up and I highly recommend it to all.
  35. RobertLaFont,Jr
    Feb 20, 2008
    This game is amazing. I've fallen in love with my music all over again...
  36. Dan
    Feb 22, 2008
    Incredibly fresh gameplay, nothing like I have ever played before! At the moment I am busy highscoring on all my favourite songs, but I can see that as it is quite simple in gameplay it may not hold everyone's interest for very long. However at 5 quid who can fault it?
  37. DuncanChard
    Feb 22, 2008
    Fan Effink Tastic
  38. LiamR.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Definately worth a look if your even remotely interested in music and videogames. It's Guitar hero crossed with burnout, mixed with the windows media player visualizations.
  39. Stevie
    Feb 24, 2008
    Easily the most addictive game I've played in a long time. A must have... especially if you, like me, have a huge library of music on your computer. Very polished and sleek finish, and the online leaderboards are integrated very well. Awesome.
  40. TomA.
    Feb 24, 2008
    The best game I've ever seen there is much more great games but this is one of the best music games.
  41. LexB.
    Feb 26, 2008
    Positively the most engrossing game I've ever played. It's never frustrating, always changing, constantly awesome... You can't ask for more in a single-player game. Well, sure you can... storyline, bad guys, women, violence, money and cars... But while Audiosurf doesn't offer those things, the music that you're surfing to certainly could. And in all honesty, what Positively the most engrossing game I've ever played. It's never frustrating, always changing, constantly awesome... You can't ask for more in a single-player game. Well, sure you can... storyline, bad guys, women, violence, money and cars... But while Audiosurf doesn't offer those things, the music that you're surfing to certainly could. And in all honesty, what could I get for 10 bucks that has more value than this? Seriously... If you know, tell me. Expand
  42. TravisW.
    Feb 29, 2008
    For what it is, it's the best. A casual game that will draw hardcore gamers back over and over for years. The replayability is endless. The style of gameplay changes with the mood of the player (based on the music they select). Its truly the next evolution in the music and rhythm genre. At the price...you find something more addictive. (Not compared to tobacco in the price and For what it is, it's the best. A casual game that will draw hardcore gamers back over and over for years. The replayability is endless. The style of gameplay changes with the mood of the player (based on the music they select). Its truly the next evolution in the music and rhythm genre. At the price...you find something more addictive. (Not compared to tobacco in the price and addiction comment) Expand
  43. KaseyC.
    Feb 29, 2008
    My first impression from screenshots was "eh whatever probably just over hyped by steam game", but then I downloaded the demo. You get to play 4 songs on the demo and after that was over I bought the game within 10 mins. Worth the $10. Whatever you do don't look at the screenshot and judge it like I did you have to experience it.
  44. MarkT.
    Feb 29, 2008
    For $10 maybe I can understand the high scores, but the game - while a fun novelty outing for your music collection - does not compare to other great musical games like rez, lumines, or even something like wipeout, which offers better gameplay to great tunes. The fact that it's your own tunes is very fun, but wears off...
  45. Widdershins
    Mar 31, 2008
    Really quite a beautiful game; while it has little substance in and of itself, there's quite a lot of variation in game style to explore. There is almost always room to improve, and it's very pretty and wonderfully entertaining for as long as you're willing to listen to your favorite music.
  46. JustinB.
    Mar 3, 2008
    With music games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band dominating the market, this is quite a find. Those are good music games, but they CHARGE for new songs, but with this, you can play whatever you want. And if you really get bored enough, you can ride your own conversations.
  47. JamesE.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Great game. I have no negative things to say about it. I think it deserves a 10. Possibly one of the best music based games i have ever played to date.
  48. StephenB.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Amazing. Most fun I have had with a game in years. Simple gameplay and amazing visuals. Oh yea, the soundtrack is pretty good too.
  49. JamesH.
    May 22, 2008
    A good game, just not worthy of the scores it's goten so far. Very fun, but that's mainly because you are playing your favorite songs. A simple waste of time, but that's ok.
  50. CB
    May 5, 2008
    I love this game. It allows you play whatever you are feeling. Once you start, all you can think about is, "Oh I can imagine the hill coming up right about....NOW" whilst listening to any songs while in your car.
  51. ChrisH.
    Jun 12, 2008
    This is a fun game in short bursts - I enjoyed being able to play the game whilst listening to tracks from my favourite bands, like Flesh Eating Foundation, at the same time. But it is overall simply an MP3 player with legs -pretty legs mind.
  52. EugeneZ.
    Jun 8, 2008
    It's a fun game especially if you have good songs on your PC.
  53. SgtMango
    Aug 30, 2008
    Sweet game! Must need for anyone with a rainbow of color addiction mixed together with your favorite music!
  54. MarkusM.
    Nov 18, 2009
    Something that no-one has ever made before. Audiosurf is different way to listen music. Riding through your favourite song is just awesome. There are ships with different abilities to choose from. You will never run out of content because any song is playable!
  55. DeividasV
    Jan 21, 2009
    It's just plain awesome. I'm a huge music fan and this is just what I need. A way of playing a game and listening to music at the same time. Playing other games with music usually is annoying since I can't hear anything. Sure it does get boring for a while, but then I have the urge to play it again!
  56. pestanSurfaceMedia
    Dec 29, 2009
    Audiosurf I find is a great way to listen to music for Pc gamers. Unlike in all the other PC mp3 players, On this one you can play a game that corresponds with your music and allows you to immerse yourself completely in the song you are listening to. Of all the games I have reviewed this one is the best when it comes to music.
  57. AnonymousMC
    Oct 25, 2009
    This game is amazing i had the most fun with 5 dollars in my life. I have around 10,000 hours or more of music and so this game kept me entertained for the longest times. It's something to do while you listen to music in a creative way. Surely will keep music lovers entertained for hours.
  58. StefanM.
    Oct 27, 2009
    Very fun, although the different cars don't really add all that much to the game. Some of them are to easy, some more annoying than fun, and then there's some that are just right. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
  59. JackD
    Dec 9, 2009
    A cute well made game which is engaging and of course fun. Worth a purchase for a bit of casual gaming when a bit bored. Problem is if you want to play one or two songs you soon realize you've played 10 or 15.
  60. StephenJensen
    Oct 3, 2009
    Hey how come these ratings are low. This game is the shit flat out. sorry that it doesn't have gun's, go rate something else. Best Indie game running. has a good strong fan base, and has excellent replay ability, wide compatibility with different music file types. and hooks into last.fm.
  61. EricT
    May 21, 2009
    I love games that have you playing along with music like Rock Band and Guitar hero....but this is the first game I have played that really lets you feel the music and experience the ups and downs is speed and volume of your music. And best of all, you can play all your own songs. There isn't a set restricted amount of songs this can play. This game can play any song you have from I love games that have you playing along with music like Rock Band and Guitar hero....but this is the first game I have played that really lets you feel the music and experience the ups and downs is speed and volume of your music. And best of all, you can play all your own songs. There isn't a set restricted amount of songs this can play. This game can play any song you have from windows media player to iTunes. I was very impressed at how well the game analyses the song you want to play to instantly create a track complete with bumps, speed changes according to the song, and amazing graphics. Expand
  62. DanielR
    Jun 16, 2009
    This game takes your music to a whole new level. I decided to try out the demo. Having watched a YT video of someone riding The Final Countdown, I decided to give it a try. I played 2 songs (out of the 5 in the demo), and looked at the price. When I saw I was only gonna be £5 out of pocket, I decided that this game was well worth it! I would have been willing to spend up to This game takes your music to a whole new level. I decided to try out the demo. Having watched a YT video of someone riding The Final Countdown, I decided to give it a try. I played 2 songs (out of the 5 in the demo), and looked at the price. When I saw I was only gonna be £5 out of pocket, I decided that this game was well worth it! I would have been willing to spend up to £20 on this game. Bargain if ever I saw one! This game is a case of "get it or go die" it's just that brilliant. Expand
  63. SvenR
    Jun 5, 2009
    The best non-shooter-game i've ever played. this game is more addicting then some Shooter, of course its simple, but it includes very much fun. And, for additional, this game has the most possible "maps".
  64. NicholasO
    Jun 9, 2009
    First off, to all the low ratings - THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE GUITAR HERO. YOU WANT GUITAR HERO, BUY GUITAR HERO. Jesus. Anyway. Great game. Cheap, and you get more than your money's worth. It's easy to learn (especially with the rather smart tutorials!) and it's difficult to master (I still haven't aced it yet after months, and I play hardest difficulties!). I'm First off, to all the low ratings - THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE GUITAR HERO. YOU WANT GUITAR HERO, BUY GUITAR HERO. Jesus. Anyway. Great game. Cheap, and you get more than your money's worth. It's easy to learn (especially with the rather smart tutorials!) and it's difficult to master (I still haven't aced it yet after months, and I play hardest difficulties!). I'm not giving it a perfect ten, because there are some bugs that can't be fixed (Quest3D bugs, sometimes the detector utterly failboats beyond hope), but it deserves a 9 for awesomeness. Expand
  65. TylerH.
    Oct 21, 2008
    This game is fast, exciting, fun, and most of all, it barely cost anything compared to most games today. I
  66. J.S.
    Mar 13, 2008
    This is a fantastic game, and as others have mentioned, a must if you enjoy music. It's a bit like guitar hero (minus the guitar) where you set the soundtrack. The curves of the track and all the visuals change with the intensity and beat of the songs, and how can you go wrong when all you're listening to is the music you love? I was surprised at how well different genres of This is a fantastic game, and as others have mentioned, a must if you enjoy music. It's a bit like guitar hero (minus the guitar) where you set the soundtrack. The curves of the track and all the visuals change with the intensity and beat of the songs, and how can you go wrong when all you're listening to is the music you love? I was surprised at how well different genres of music work with the game. It also costs less than what most would spend on lunch. Expand
  67. GregoryS.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Well worth it! I have not played a game this great since Amplitude! If you are a music fan and a gamer you must have this game!
  68. KyleB.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Great time waster! A more fun way to listen to your music
  69. AustinR.
    Mar 29, 2008
    Audiosurf was one of the funnest games I've ever played, and what's surprising about it was it's only 10 dollars. I've played many great games like Half Life 2, Call of Duty 4, and the Grand Theft Auto series, and I always thought I hated the music genre, until I played this. I can tell you with all my confidence that if you buy this you will not be disappointed.
  70. AbrielM.
    Apr 14, 2008
    Amazingly visual with an outstanding diversity. If you want techno, play it! If you want country ... play... it? But the point is that gamers aren't stuck to one particular type of music. It's of their own choosing.
  71. ClementB.
    Apr 18, 2008
    Absolutely awesome. I love how it plays ALL my music--it doesn't freak out and call something invalid just because it was burned off a CD. I am enjoying simply playing the same thing over and over again for the thrill of accelerating at an intense part in the song.
  72. Tony
    Apr 22, 2008
    If you play the demo, you'll see this is the best game for killing time in years. If plays every music file that matters, and it has a ton of different ways to play the same song. This is definitely worth ten bucks, even if it's only going to be your killing time game. It has all the resolutions and a good number of graphic and sound effect options. The only reason I can't If you play the demo, you'll see this is the best game for killing time in years. If plays every music file that matters, and it has a ton of different ways to play the same song. This is definitely worth ten bucks, even if it's only going to be your killing time game. It has all the resolutions and a good number of graphic and sound effect options. The only reason I can't give it a 10 is because of how the music patterns are based. They are basically based mostly on drums and a little bit on guitar. I may be expecting too much from the technology they have available, but it would be really cool if they would get the music patterns to also be based off of bass, keys, and even horns if possible. That still doesn't stop Audiosurf from being a must own! Expand
  73. SherwinS.
    May 18, 2008
    Only played a little of the demo, but i intend now to buy the game and I believe I will be playing this as much as I play HL2:ep2; an epic game that will define nextgen gaming. In not to long there will be copycats of this game.
  74. ValentinL.
    Jun 12, 2008
    This game is just awesome. Really addictive, the concept is unique and ingenious.So entertaining to play with your favorite songs, sing them along during the race, and enjoy the game. Short loading time make the game quick to play and allow to have funtime within a minute for the last of song. Nicework.
  75. SlavaG.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Tried out the trial, now all I can think is about buying it. So simple but yet unique.
  76. AnonymousAsshat
    Jul 13, 2008
    When I bought this game, I was expecting about four minutes of casual happiness and excitement followed by years of never playing it. But this game lasts just as long as your mp3 collection, mine, being large, made this game always enjoyable and exciting. It is more than worth the measly 10 dollars that they are selling it for. I wholeheartedly reccomed it.
  77. AloneBoy
    Jul 14, 2008
    Audiosurf is a great game. it's easily one of the most innovative games ever made and one of the best games ever made.
  78. KyleB
    Oct 14, 2009
    Slowly but surely, this game is becoming better then it first came out, with some users being able to customize the look slightly of audiosurf. I personally changed a few of the splash effects and rings as such, to something different for something new.. Although there are numerous game modes, even to this day in my opinion the most challenging would have to be the hardest mono, trying to Slowly but surely, this game is becoming better then it first came out, with some users being able to customize the look slightly of audiosurf. I personally changed a few of the splash effects and rings as such, to something different for something new.. Although there are numerous game modes, even to this day in my opinion the most challenging would have to be the hardest mono, trying to get stealth on ironmode, which might i add should give more score then it does.. A great game, which i play casually, of which quite oftenly end up trying to compete against friends for a top spot on particular songs.. at least against their scores.. Hopefully one day, it might be made even better looking then it is currently, but considering it was made by one person.. it is great and worth the money. Expand
  79. Evie
    Dec 18, 2009
    I've had this game for quite a long time, as of recently. After two weeks or so, I got over the amazement of the game. However, I do like to sit down and play it in my free time.. It certainly is a simple game and sometimes we just have to enjoy the straightforward 'not a game' tactics of this sort of thing. It gave a new outlook to some of the songs I used to dislike and I've had this game for quite a long time, as of recently. After two weeks or so, I got over the amazement of the game. However, I do like to sit down and play it in my free time.. It certainly is a simple game and sometimes we just have to enjoy the straightforward 'not a game' tactics of this sort of thing. It gave a new outlook to some of the songs I used to dislike and made me become better at keeping beats. Expand
  80. WilliamW
    Dec 25, 2009
    This wonderful game makes my enjoyment of music that much more vibrant. The only thing I wish more was that there was a portable version of this game and a way for it to play through an entire playlist or cd without pause.
  81. Aug 27, 2010
    Awesome fun to play. Extremely addictive, with the fantastic mechanic that you can play almost any track. My only problem is that there are some bugs; nothing too hindering though. With an extensive music collection you won't get tired of playing. ^_^
  82. Oct 4, 2011
    Audiosurf could have been great, but it's flaws prevent it from being so. Firstly, the track generation is horrible, the tracks have very little in common with the songs I used. Secondly, the game is far to easy. even on "Ninja". On the upside the game does look very pretty, and the tracks speed up at the right time, which can be cool, but ultimately, Audiosurf isn't very good.
  83. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought this game when it first came out in the year 2008. It cost 19.90 USD then, and I got it at full price (there wasn't so much discounts on steam back then). Was I skeptical? Yes, I was. I was skeptical because the concept of this game seems simplistic. Of course, this game has convinced me after a while that I have made the correct investment by paying for it at full price.

What this game appears to be is that it converts sound files (music files such as .mp3 ones) into a linear ongoing track of some sort. You get to control a small little car-like vehicle, though the only movement you can perform are sideways. The speed of your little car-like thingy is determined by the pace of your music, which is represented by the color of the track you are riding on. I won't go into detail on the blocks and game play, but that's basically it.

In short, this game lets you ride the music.

And yes, you can ride on almost any musical file you've loaded into the game, and this is what make this game great and worthwhile.

There is one particular game mode which I like - mono. It's basically a no-brainer where you simply hit the color blocks and avoid the grey blocks as you move forward along the track. It's a splendid mode relax yourself with, especially after a day of tiring work when all you want is some of your favorite music and soothing gameplay.

I got it at 2008, and it's 2014 now. Years passed, and many parts of my life have changed. Still, what remained the same is that, after all these years, I will still give new music a run or two here, in audiosurf.

Oh and did I mention that I am still getting e-mails from audiosurf's scoreboard saying that I have been dethroned? Yeah, it's nice to see these e-mails amidst all those work mails and all.
  84. Jul 16, 2012
    I'd love to give Audiosurf a perfect ten - because it's the only game in my library that I'm always up for playing. My only gripes are minor - the engine that the game is based on doesn't seem very good for games, and the point system doesn't let you compare scores across different songs. There is a 'skill point' system in place which is supposed to be based on the difficulty of the songI'd love to give Audiosurf a perfect ten - because it's the only game in my library that I'm always up for playing. My only gripes are minor - the engine that the game is based on doesn't seem very good for games, and the point system doesn't let you compare scores across different songs. There is a 'skill point' system in place which is supposed to be based on the difficulty of the song you pick, but I've not seen a way to find out the skill points score for any of your playthroughs. There are ways to modify the way the game works - for example, using four lanes of coloured blocks instead of the usual three - but you have to edit the individual song tags instead of simply selecting an option in-game. --- Other than these things, this game is amazing. It's based on your music, and it heightens the experience of listening to music. It's fun. Expand
  85. Sep 10, 2011
    great laid back game. until you play a very fast song to it. i tryed to play scatman john and i was overwhelmed. the game itself isnt great but when you get to relax to your favorite jams then its fun. its like an upraded way of listening to music. to map usually moves to you music so i like it but the game alone isnt fun without the music it would be boring.
  86. Apr 28, 2011
    You may not call this a 'video game', but it's definitely another innovative way to listen your music. Or ride it. Either way, this is not your Guitar Hero kind of game. This game is more like Tetris, by picking up color blocks and make huge clusters of the same color. What's more, the levels are designed by YOUR music! I think that's Audiosurf strongest point. It really makes you look atYou may not call this a 'video game', but it's definitely another innovative way to listen your music. Or ride it. Either way, this is not your Guitar Hero kind of game. This game is more like Tetris, by picking up color blocks and make huge clusters of the same color. What's more, the levels are designed by YOUR music! I think that's Audiosurf strongest point. It really makes you look at a different way to your music. As the tagline says, Ride Your Music. Expand
  87. Jan 15, 2012
    I tried several "play your music" type of games lately, but this one seems to be the only one to do it properly. If it had a serious budget and marketing, it would be a real blast, but its what it is.
  88. Jul 3, 2011
    Play with your music. In other words, surf it. This game is a great way to listen to all your "unappreciated" music and be entertained at the same time. This would be a PERFECT replacement for my Windows Media Player and iTunes. If only it had the repeat function...
  89. Jul 10, 2011
    This is a fun little game. It supports almost any audio format. Just pick your music and the game generates a racetrack for you. A very original idea.

The graphics are no masterpiece by far, but that doesn't really matter once you get going.

Good fun when you have a few minutes to spare.
  90. Jun 18, 2013
    This is a game that every music loving gamer should pick up. This is definitely an example of an indie game that did the best within the means the developers had. The game does a great job at making the music have a feel when the riders fly across the track. Controls are perfectly tight, and you have a choice between mouse, keyboard or xbox controller without any special tweaking ofThis is a game that every music loving gamer should pick up. This is definitely an example of an indie game that did the best within the means the developers had. The game does a great job at making the music have a feel when the riders fly across the track. Controls are perfectly tight, and you have a choice between mouse, keyboard or xbox controller without any special tweaking of settings.

Most people play the mono style which is simply dodge the gray blocks and grab the colored ones.

THe one thing this game could have would be a more consistant level builder that made block grabbing a bit more interesting. Sometimes tracks will have a corkscrew in them which is fun, but only once per track on some tracks on some songs only. It would be great to have these show up more than once and even add in flips and other interesting track variations.

While not perfect, the game is certainly worth the price you pay. It isn't complex, it isn't stressful like other indie rhythm games, its just right.
  91. Oct 2, 2011
    It's a decent game and works with any song, but playing as any class other than mono can be a bit hectic and confusing. After a few songs it gets really boring and repetitive. It's not at all addicting, and not actually fun. 85 critic and 9.2 user is way overrated, but the concept of it isn't bad.
  92. May 16, 2012
    Do you have to like 3 things to enjoy this game: Puzzles, Racing and Music. I just love these three subjects and thats why I can call this game amazing. It fits perfectly in what I was looking for: A very nice game for spend some quality time.

Please, if you like Puzzles and Music don't let those bad comments stop you. This game really worths the try. 10 very well spent bucks.
  93. Oct 16, 2013
    Weird idea... play racing tetris which dynamically changes based on the tunes you feed it. A really novel and fun idea, but once the novelty wears off there's not a lot of substance under the skin.
  94. Jan 4, 2012
    Well, where do I start with this game? Being a person who really enjoys his music you can imagine the excitement I felt when I heard about this game. Yeah sure, you have Guitar Hero and Rockband that feel more real than this game, but that is not the point of Audiosurf. This game was invented to play along to YOUR music. The music you like! This game won't satisfy your thirst for adventureWell, where do I start with this game? Being a person who really enjoys his music you can imagine the excitement I felt when I heard about this game. Yeah sure, you have Guitar Hero and Rockband that feel more real than this game, but that is not the point of Audiosurf. This game was invented to play along to YOUR music. The music you like! This game won't satisfy your thirst for adventure or anything, but it will cure those moments when youâ Expand
  95. Jul 20, 2012
    I score this a 5 because it;s a very average as a game, but compensating is that it's intellectually interesting to me as I'm a songwriter. You pick songs from your mp3 library and the program constructs a track that matches the music. To me I was curious just what type of tracks the program would build for various songs. The visuals often make what's happening in the song moreI score this a 5 because it;s a very average as a game, but compensating is that it's intellectually interesting to me as I'm a songwriter. You pick songs from your mp3 library and the program constructs a track that matches the music. To me I was curious just what type of tracks the program would build for various songs. The visuals often make what's happening in the song more apparent. For example: "Sweet Home Alabama" has alot more bumpy/bouncy course than I expected. Something like Boston's "MOre than a feeling" builds an epic course that slows/races with the energy of the music. Many rock songs are just straight downhill at the same rate the whole way. Songs with lots of transitions will create more "interesting" tracks and effects in my view. Most interesting to me was when I loaded my own songs in and played the course. Very cool to see the program's visual interpretation of your own songs. Expand
  96. Jan 20, 2012
    Interesting for a while, and overall quite creative, but is gets boring quickly in the long run. The gameplay isn't that fun really, but interesting for a while with good music.
  97. Mar 16, 2012
    A great game for when you want something to do while you listen to your favourite music. It can be very fun for such simple game mechanics.
  98. Jan 27, 2012
    I have only been playing this game since Jan 18 this year, but it's already on my top ten list of favourite games of all-time. Audiosurf is basically a game where you choose your own music and hit blocks to get points. Sounds like it sucks, but it's SOOOOOO fun!!!!!!!! Mainly because you play to whatever music you like. It even has Still Alive from Portal! How is that not win to you?! OneI have only been playing this game since Jan 18 this year, but it's already on my top ten list of favourite games of all-time. Audiosurf is basically a game where you choose your own music and hit blocks to get points. Sounds like it sucks, but it's SOOOOOO fun!!!!!!!! Mainly because you play to whatever music you like. It even has Still Alive from Portal! How is that not win to you?! One thing that would be cool, is Karaoke. Sounds dumb I know, but it would be kind of fun. No bugs, cool atmosphere, good graphics and overall awesometacular. Expand
  99. Jul 1, 2012
    I like serious games, ones that focus on details, an engrossing, fascinating plot, I like smooth gameplay with intuitive controls, I like deep characters as well as sweet guns and awesome combos. But sometimes I don't have the time to play a game like that, and sometimes I just want a casual video game.

AudioSurf is one of the coolest casual indie games out there. Well worth the money, especially if you find it on sale, it allows you to play any audio file on your computer, and depending on the song you choose the track you ride on will be customized to the song. It'll affect the shape of the track, the speed at which blocks come at you, and so you get to enjoy your music while playing a new track in various different game modes while also scrobbling your plays with Last.FM.

Even when I don't want to play games and just rather listen to music, I sometimes play AudioSurf, after a while it's a game that feels natural, as just another way you might listen to music.
  100. Aug 15, 2012
    The interactivity is very primitive, falling short of my low expectations. I'd much rather scribble in MSPaint while listening to my music, or watch the WMP visualizer. Rockband/Guitar Hero are miles ahead of Audiosurf in terms of design, playability, and fun.

1. At the very worst, it's an ingenious multimedia toy that'll have you dusting off the untouched corners of your MP3 collection for a few happy evenings. But for those twitching fingers that still enjoy the thrill of the high score, Audiosurf has the potential to become a bite-sized obsession thanks to its quick fix gameplay and infinite musical possibilities.
  2. AudioSurf is very good value for money. It’s fun, fresh, and addicting.
  3. Obviously a work of passion, Audiosurf is a game that must not be missed by anyone, especially with an above average interest in music.