7.3

1. Oct 24, 2011
    Back To The Future is a nostalgic fun-filled game, which is more of a movie sequel than a game! The game is a point-and-click adventure with a lot of easy & hard puzzles laid out all over the story. Its nothing exceptional for this genre of game, but is fun to play. The dialogues are laugh-out-loud funny and very creative. Christopher Lloyd again gives his familiar voice for the Doc andBack To The Future is a nostalgic fun-filled game, which is more of a movie sequel than a game! The game is a point-and-click adventure with a lot of easy & hard puzzles laid out all over the story. Its nothing exceptional for this genre of game, but is fun to play. The dialogues are laugh-out-loud funny and very creative. Christopher Lloyd again gives his familiar voice for the Doc and the voice-over for Marty is fine replacement of Michael J Fox, as well! The USP of the game is its storyline, the alternate timelines created are funny, bizarre, unpredictable and completely unique, just like its counterparts in the 3 movies! If you have never seen Back To The Future, you may have trouble to follow what's going on, but its still pretty fun compared to other point-and-click games. If you have seen the trilogy, its a must-play game for you! Expand
  2. Feb 26, 2013
    It's not a common issue for games to sincerely laugh because of game's humor, nor it is a common issue to make a very good game on existing intellectual property that is loved for thirty years. Yet Telltale accomplished the mission. Not being a fan of quests, but being a fan of "Back to the Future" it was an honor for me to buy this game. I was very satisfied with the very first minutes ofIt's not a common issue for games to sincerely laugh because of game's humor, nor it is a common issue to make a very good game on existing intellectual property that is loved for thirty years. Yet Telltale accomplished the mission. Not being a fan of quests, but being a fan of "Back to the Future" it was an honor for me to buy this game. I was very satisfied with the very first minutes of the game where each detail was put with love and care to the original movie trilogy. Yet story repeats itself in many ways, and having watched the movie dozen times you'll hear dialogs, that would never be original in a movie (if part 4 would ever be filmed), but for a game it seems like a miracle. Music, sound effects, voices of actors and finally the time of gangsters will make smile anyone who likes original three movies.
    Yes, some story lines leave questions, one can say that the game is not perfect. BUT! It seams, that Telltale made the final appearances of the actors that we love so much and whom we'll never see in a big blockbuster movie. For me, it seams that it is a goodbye kiss to Marty and Doc. I'm gonna miss you guys!
  3. Jan 19, 2014
    I am a massive BTTF fan, and I love the idea of making it into a game. So I'll start with the good parts. Marty and Doc are done almost perfectly - AJ Locascio IS Marty McFly and Christopher Lloyd does anything but phone it in as Doc (I mean, that voice alone fills me with happiness). I was very happy with their chemistry, even during the less interesting 'Citizen Brown' moments. TheI am a massive BTTF fan, and I love the idea of making it into a game. So I'll start with the good parts. Marty and Doc are done almost perfectly - AJ Locascio IS Marty McFly and Christopher Lloyd does anything but phone it in as Doc (I mean, that voice alone fills me with happiness). I was very happy with their chemistry, even during the less interesting 'Citizen Brown' moments. The DeLorean was done fantastically, as was that same charming time-travel confusion. I found myself captured in that same 'trying to figure out how characters and events changed' mindset that I had when watching the movies. The humour was great, but relied a little too much on commentating on the scenario rather than exhibiting personality.

However, there were some bad things about this game. The main one is the character of Edna. When she was first introduced, I loved that a Strickland was shown actually playing a part in the story. However, she was extremely annoying, dull, and ended up playing too much of a part in the story. Young Emmett Brown was also pretty one-dimensional, and if it wasn't for his appearance and interest in science I wouldn't have guessed it was him. The settings also got grating, but then again I never found 1931 to be the most interesting setting to go with. The most interesting settings I found were actually the ones that were retreading the settings in the movies. Hill Valley was extremely limited, and its potential was almost untouched.

All in all, I really liked the game, but if they were to make a season 2, I would recommend a few things. One, more character driven stories. Make characters that you are interested in on their own merits, rather than being related to a Strickland, Brown, or McFly. If Telltale were to take anything from creating The Walking Dead game, it should be that. Conversations should be more than a means to find clues on what you should do; I want them to exhibit how Marty, Doc, and whoever are feeling, their wants, etc. I know BTTF is meant to be light-hearted but some of the best moments in the movies were when you saw that ambitions and emotions were the same throughout any time period (George McFly having a crush on Lorraine, Marty getting fired in 2015, Doc and Clara falling in love). Those themes were there in the game, but got swept under the rug every time a 'puzzle' was solved. Finally, more Hill Valley. Show the school, the lake that Marty goes to with Jennifer, some of the restaurants and bars, all the stuff you want in a city.

Long review but I hope you get my drift. TL;DR, I liked the game, want more, but the characters, dialogue, and settings should be more rich.
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    No es por jugabilidad el mejor, pero como aventura gráfica cumple bastante bien y te deja la sensación de realmente ver una cuarta parte. Las voces son geniales (No seria lo mismo sin Christopher Lloyd), A.J. Locascio realiza muy buena interpretación de Marty y al final se agradece la entrada de Michael J. Fox.

Si te gustan las películas, el juego te dejara satisfecho.
  5. Jan 9, 2016
    This game has a good plot, gameplay and puzzles. There's however a few bugs and sometimes the puzzles can become really frustrating and gets you stuck.

There are no critic reviews yet.