Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal PC

8.8

1. Simon
    Mar 30, 2008
    Unsatisfactory ending to a great story. Throne of Bhaal should have been made as a Baldur's Gate 3 instead.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    Too much combat, linearity and not enough exploration, the pacing has gotten worse for the expansion pack. The ending, and story itself, are great though and bring a much needed conclusion to the fate of the children of bhaal, and the new dungeon, shrouded in mystery, Watcher's Keep, is one of the greatest addition to the franchise, much like Durlag's Tower for Baldur's Gate 1.
  3. Mar 9, 2017
    The whole story is very interesting and immersive but lack of any rest from boss fights makes this dlc tiring. Too many hard areas that require you to focus all the time, I wanted to play dlc for Shadows of Amn, not a game for hardcore crpg gamers (that I considered myself to be till now). Beside that, it's very decent piece of old style game.
  4. Dec 24, 2016
    As said before, too much combat. And the combat is too difficult; playing your mages etc. well requires an amount of planning and thinking that borders on work, not play. I played on normal setting.
  5. Jun 24, 2011
    The conclusion to the Baldur's Gate saga, this expansion pack to Baldur's Gate 2 really ought to have been made and sold as a standalone Baldur's Gate 3. As it is, it feels compressed: a somewhat rushed conclusion to the Bhaalspawn saga, plus a huge dungeon in the style of Durlag's Tower: Watcher's Keep. Throne of Bhaal takes the style of the BG series and turns it up to 11: everythingThe conclusion to the Baldur's Gate saga, this expansion pack to Baldur's Gate 2 really ought to have been made and sold as a standalone Baldur's Gate 3. As it is, it feels compressed: a somewhat rushed conclusion to the Bhaalspawn saga, plus a huge dungeon in the style of Durlag's Tower: Watcher's Keep. Throne of Bhaal takes the style of the BG series and turns it up to 11: everything is bigger, flashier, explodier, with multiple dragons. Some annoying difficulty spikes -- notably the encounter at the Throne itself (I just want to see the ending, not reload multiple times!!). Still, the essential conclusion to the saga. Collapse

1. I noticed that Bioware substantially improved (optimized) the Infinity engine. At one point, I found my company fighting with about forty Drow slaves without slowing the game or frame-rate down.
    I just can't help thinking that the "Final Chapter" should have had a little more to it.
  3. A nearly perfect conclusion to the Child of Bhaal saga, combining deft storytelling , an intelligent abilities system, and the trademark high quality fans of the series have come to expect into one superlative package.