9.1

1. MathewM.
    Jun 19, 2009
    Quite possibly on the list of the worst five role playing games I have ever played. Don't think that the fact that Black Isle, developers of Fallout and Fallout 2, is on the box means that it is up to that standard. Boring, cheesy storyline that is not even half up to par with any average Dungeons & Dragons group at your local card shop, slow, redundant gameplay, poor engine, and Quite possibly on the list of the worst five role playing games I have ever played. Don't think that the fact that Black Isle, developers of Fallout and Fallout 2, is on the box means that it is up to that standard. Boring, cheesy storyline that is not even half up to par with any average Dungeons & Dragons group at your local card shop, slow, redundant gameplay, poor engine, and awful graphics combine to make one of the RPG genre's greatest settings into a disaster. Expand
  2. GeoffC.
    Jul 24, 2003
    I love RPGs. I liked playing this game at the beginning. Then I met the kobolds and my party got reloaded about 90 times until I got lucky enough to survive an impossible cave. Then Boo killed my party. Wow, that was rewarding. I had barely even started in the scope of that game, but had wasted 10 hours of my life. I quit and never looked back. Fallout was much better.

1. Baldur's Gate is not a computer role-playing game...it is THE computer role-playing game.
    It's been a long haul, more than two months of solid game-play, but I have been absolutely engrossed by every minute! Very few games earn such an accolade from this reviewer.
  3. This is, without a doubt, the closest thing out there to actually getting together with a bunch of your friends on a Sunday afternoon, taking your characters into a dungeon, and using you own BOO to find out if that bottomless pit was actually bottomless.