8.3

1. Dec 29, 2010
    If you're considering giving it a shot you're way too late, the old crowd has all the old weapons, the experience, the map knowledge and the cowardice that makes them sprint for Vehicles, you will pretty much never be in a straight up fight and when you are more than likely you'll be ambushed and downed in seconds or the other way around.

Vehicles are also hilariously over powered,
    tracking flying opponents with stationary guns is difficult to say the least and they often have some magical ability to know the EXACT gun which has a lock on them. Tanks will easily gun you down, APCs blow you to hell, Jeeps and buggies will come out of no where.

Maps are so huge that often battles become rolls, one team will gain momentum and just wont stop or the defenders will not budge, one map in particular of the Americans having to do amphibious assualt against the chinese is pretty much impossible for the yanks as you cannot get to the shore there are too many emplacements and the reliance on slow APCs or boats makes you cannon fodder.

In conclusion, buggy, unbalanced, actual combat between people is always amazingly ungratifying, short and boring while maps can either be unbalanced rolls or too big for you to see anything. Oh and spawn camping.
  2. Jul 22, 2011
    Simply the best online competitive FPS experience I've ever had. I recommend this game (now hopefully BF3) to competitive gamers who can work as a team and who utilize voice communications.

Here's hoping BF3 will be just as spectacular.
  3. Mar 8, 2011
    A 6 year old game and still the servers are full. How many others can claim as much? The latest 1.5 patch adds all the expansions to the basic install (except the special forces addon), plus enhanced vista/windows 7 support. Tons of player made expansions and mods, including the 128 player WW2 battles of "Forgotten Hope 2". Some tricks required to get it working under windows 7: Run as Administrator and Disable screen composition in the short cut. Brilliant stuff! Anyone who complains about lag or stuttering is playing on a seriously underpowered PC or has a very bad internet connection. Many laptops were not made for FPS, people! Expand
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more
    have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more
    have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game that i spent countless hours on. The menu is very laggy even on my awesome gaming rig. But the vehicles are awesome (even though i still suck at flying jets!) I love this game. I've been a more or less CoD fanboy, but now I'm shifting to the middle. CoD4 and BF2 are my 2 favourite FPS games ever. BF3 is also a great addition to the Battlefield series. Thanks DICE!
  6. Jul 19, 2012
    Battlefield 2 is one of those rare games that only comes along every now and then. Some players may be put of by environments being smaller than those in previous entries to the series, but from the start of the mach until the score readout, Battlefield is one journey you don't want to miss.
    With no campaign to play through, Battlefield can sometimes feel like a game that was not
    completely finished. This is counteracted though by beautiful and well designed environments, all of which have had an amazing level of detail that just wont be found anywhere else. Maps vary from small, tropic covered war zones, to large, open ended dessert battlefields, all of which are a breeze to get around thanks to a number of widely appreciated vehicles. You can step into the helm of a helicopter or jet and tear up the skies, causing endless waves of destruction on the enemies underneath you, or sit behind the controls of a tank, or the wheel of a car. Battlefields huge environments are the factor that brings the game home.
    Whats a war game without Action? When you select a map for an online battle or a single player experience, you can choose from a list of well designed classes, all imperative to the success of your team. You can be an engineer, repairing vehicles and turning the tide in battle as a result, or a heavy weapons operative, sporting an explosive firing missile launcher that can stop the enemy driving into your base with a tank. No matter what your choice is, there's a class for everyone, and everyone feels like the team relies on them as much as anyone else.
    Battlefield 2 and all of it's added content deserves a solid 9.5 out of 10.
  7. Jul 29, 2012
    Random deviation, artillery spam, and bomb spam ruin this game for me.
    Enjoy being the squad leader/commander, flying the aircraft, and driving the tanks.
    Most maps are good, memorable environments and battles.

Mods are nice, the only reason I'm giving this game 8 instead of 7.
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    BEST of all time!!!! Still blows the new FPS genre out of the water. And ported version to PS3 is not garbage but the control on KB/Mouse could not be matched. I miss playing this game with my friends. Those were the days.
  9. Nov 23, 2010
    No leaning left/right. Prone, jump and crouch only. No harder difficulty mode, it's too easy even when I'm playing the hardest game mode, I needed to play the other country's role/side to make the game more challenging and harder. Why I chose to play the other game Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars more these days, because it has more faster running and sharpshooting bots. It's very hard to fly the choppers without the use of a joystick in BF2. Expand
  10. Dec 13, 2011
    Despite it's unsmooth movement, ridiculous hitboxes, and constant vehicle camping, it's still surprisingly fun to play. It's not competitive, it's not particularly balanced, but it delivers a fun experience. Will still be playing this over BF3.
  11. Dec 11, 2011
    This game was a jaw dropping improvement over it's predecessor, battlefield 1942. Voice chat, squad management and commander role really aided the teamwork flow of this game. It's a classic hands down.
  12. Nov 22, 2010
    I have played this game for about 2 years. This is in my favorite online multiplayer out there for an FPS. I strongly recommend this game to anyone, as it has so much replay value and is only $9.99, which is ridiculous for the quality, it's bar none the best deal I've ever gotten on a game. This game is also far better than Battlefield: Bad Company 2 if you're wondering, they numbed it down in every way; simply put, Battlefield 2 has more EVERYTHING. Besides how big of a fanboy I am, this game has a lot of stupid flaws, but is much better if you get the project reality mod. These flaws are mostly hit detection issues, which are ridiculous, and overall hinder my overall score, but 9.5 rounds up to 10 :) Expand
  13. Nov 19, 2011
    This is the best online FPS ever made, I am not kidding. This is the BEST battlefield. And dont let anyone else tell you otherwise. I just wish they couldve re made it in BF3 without all the consolization garbage that has infected the entire market.
  14. Oct 21, 2011
    Battlefield 2 is a fantastic multiplayer shooter game. This game really shows a life-like warfare with tanks, jets and other vehicles in the battlefields. However note that this is NOT a standalone/singleplayer game at all that means it supposed to play online with others. Also the community keeps making new mods for the game, so still this game has tons of replay ability.
  15. Jun 18, 2011
    An amazingly fun game even this far ahead of its release date. The huge wars fought on the huge battlefields is truly something most FPS' need to this date. The balance of the weapons and the large class selection will make this game enjoyable for hours on end. The vehicle battles, be it aviator or ground(F-35Bs or T-90s) keep this game epic. There are a few issues though like a weird mouse glitch and some lag although lag is expected with 64 people in one game. Highly recommend this game. One of my all time favorites! Expand
  16. Feb 24, 2011
    can some one help me on starting the game every time i start the game it goes to black screen then does not respond does any one know how to fix this i really want to start playing
  17. Mar 6, 2013
    I played this game for years before finding BF2: Project Reality mod. Now I play that. BF2 is a great game with well polished gameplay. The only issue I have with both games is when teams are stacked with good players on one side. This makes it really hard to try to "carry" the team, and is rather stressful. With better autobalance, this game would be a 10/10, best FPS I played, and I tried a lot of them. Expand
  18. May 11, 2012
    Out of desire to play a Battlefield game before regenerating health plagued the series and simultaneously wanting something that would run well on my laptop, I decided to pick up this old gem. The install process is long and tedious, more so than it really should have been. Messing with options works nicely... except for control configuration. Rather than removing an old keybind when you choose to bind a key to a new function, it just tells you you can't bind it. A bit annoying, but doable... unless you want to bind left shift to anything, of course. No matter what, it tells you it's bound to something in helicopter controls (despite checking multiple times and seeing no such thing), so so much for my preferred crouch key.

Widescreen support out of the box is non-existent or poor, and the 1.5 patch doesn't do much to fix it. The third party Widescreen Fixer program is practically necessary for a reasonable FOV.

Another problem one is bound to run into is lack of server choice. This is to be expected in such an old game with many sequels released after it, but at this point it's not worth it at all to get anything more than the base game. Special Forces is completely empty aside from a few "server padding" bots (the sort that are in servers but don't spawn in or play, just sit there to inflate player count), and the other two expansions come free with patch 1.5. The remaining servers lack in variety, with very few non-"24/7 [map]" servers left, and unless you're lucky (unlike me) or have a group of friends to hop into servers with, you're likely to have a frustrating experience due to lack of players willing to go for the objectives and such. On a related note, many of the small number of servers left have rules that can be seen as ridiculous and unreasonable, so watch out for that.

The balance is definitely lacking in the game as well. Infantry weapon-wise, it seems alright aside from LMGs that aren't the RPK having horrendous accuracy no matter what and grenades being far too "spammy". Air vehicles are wholly unbalanced against anything else, as they have a fairly easy time dodging any anti-air fire and ONE missile fired from an applicable aircraft is enough to destroy even a tank in one hit, without anything capable of doing the same against the air vehicles. Gunner beware, a single machine gun bullet from any aircraft hitting anywhere on a land vehicle seems to be enough to kill you.

Relating to the last point, the accuracy of some of these pilots and chopper gunners is pretty questionable. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some aircraft aim-hack floating around that bypasses punkbuster seemingly flawlessly.

Overall, despite how underwhelming my skill (and luck) at the game is and bad experiences all around, I'm likely to reinstall and play it again at some point.
  19. Jun 17, 2011
    Battlefield 2, this is a great fps, you need to bypass the graphics and look to see a great game, this game takes a **** on bad company 2 and then bad company 2 takes a **** on cod, all the cod fans will saying OMG HE DISSED COD LOL IM A NOOB but really, this game is a masterpiece, it does loads of thing correctly, after the PAINFUL installation that knocked this game down 1 point its a great game. The game play, if you look you can arrange squads and then you can assign them squads in tactics to be able to decimate the enemies. With the special forces, you can use things like grappling hooks and zip lines which will help you and your team mates sneak in to the enemy base and capture it. The commander position was a great design choice, you are the only one who can use uav or airstrike, and you need to sue them wisely to support your troops. Overall, great game, a must have for and person who has played an fps. Expand
  20. Aug 24, 2011
    One of the classics of FPS games. Given that the Battlefield series has won "Game of the Year" awards from many different sources. I would describe the game as an amazing idea that has been implemented quite well, though there are some major problems with the game however. one is the very erratic accuracy of weapons in the game, and another is hit detection due to lag, and the final problem is the horribly put together menu and the engine in general. the menu system is just not put together well and the engine tends to both be finicky and somewhat buggy, for example, every time you start up the game, your resolution will be forced to a certain setting, which messes up window sizes on your desktop, but thats just a minor detail, just a pet peeve of mine i guess. Though with the menu system, the main problem Ive gotten irked at is the fact that the ESC button brings up the main menu from battle, which is a pain since if you accidentally open it up, you will have to wait a good 5-10 seconds to be able to close it and get back to the game... i never understood why they made it like that. As to the actual gameplay, its very addictive and very fun, especially when you get a team that is both at least moderately skilled, and can pay attention to the flow of battle. Teamwork wins games. The thing about BF games, especially 2 and 2142, is that they take a long time to get accustomed to. I picked up this game after not playing it for a good 5 years or so, and I was so rusty that my skills were almost non-existent. I would say to new players: "This game takes a lot of getting used to, I would say it takes at least 10-20 hours of playing to get the basics down, and its a continual process of learning how to deal with different situations and using your gear effectively. Its not about being a hero, its about working as a team to beat the enemy. If you try to play BF like CoD, you will be severely disappointed in your performance, as we seasoned players will pick you off easily since you stand out so much." By far BF2 is better than CoD when it comes to the sheer addictiveness and fun of the multiplayer, theres just this level of awesome when 64 players clash with military hardware. Expand
  21. Sep 13, 2011
    Everything that reminds me of why I love video games! BF2 takes me back to a time where everything was sprinkled with golden dust.
    I am currently warming up with this game until the BF3 release.
    Check out the BF2 project reality mod, if you're into even more realistic warfare!
  22. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game with endless actions. I have been playing this game for countless hours. This game is very addicting. You can use modified mods and maps to add even more exciting gameplay experience. Though the graphics are a bit old now, but the gameplay is the best in the series.
  23. Dec 28, 2011
    I personally love this game. There is no experience like shooting down an enemy as he tries to assult your base, or the sense of loyalty and duty to you squad after the heal you, help you capture a base or defend you as you drive a vehicle. It is one of the greatest tactical shooters I've ever played and exceeds the standards of it's genre.
  24. Jan 3, 2012
    Truly one of the greats. If you call yourself a PC gamer, you must play this game. CoD or MoH fanboy, it doesn't matter. This is one of the pinnacles of PC gaming warfare. Disregard single player. It doesn't exist. This game is meant to be played on a 4km-squared map with 64 players and a whole lotta planes, guns, automobiles, and enemy boats to be spotted. A respectable mix between individual combat (with just a little balance missing on that part), vehicle warfare, and massive strategy set in a surprisingly accurate conflict that (sit down for this) doesn't involve Russians*! Disregard price and dated graphics, you must have this experience. *Outside of Special Forces expansion pack Expand
  25. Mar 9, 2012
    One of the best shooters, great scale, great graphics, great gameplay and even better great multiplayer!
    And also the addition of mods does make this game to be close to perfection, total modifications such as Project Reality, Forgotten Hope 2 (my favorite mod and WW2 game), Point of Existence 2 and Operation PeaceKeeper add tons of fun.
  26. Jun 10, 2012
    Well.. This game used to be good, but it is not so good anymore. Anyways there is really pretty much bugs, like when you go crouching next to a wall your legs appear on the other side, and stuff like that. But the mod community has saved this game from disaster. Pros of Battlefield 2 are good map making, but that's pretty much it. BF2 was the most realistic looking game of the time it was released, but the guns were like potato guns, only with sniper + pistol combo could one kill other in less than half a second. Expand
  27. Mar 12, 2013
    Best part of battlefield series. Online battle are really well, both conquest with vehicle and infantry. The game is really fun when you gather a people and play together. Clan wars in this game work well. GJ Dice
  28. Mar 8, 2013
    Battlefield 2 has one of the best multiplayer experiences of all games. It has a ton of fun within it to make it truly great. It can be frustrating, but everything from driving a little Jeep to doing gun warfare, this game is absolutely amazing. My only discrepancy is that there is a total lack of a singleplayer campaign. This game may have an amazing multiplayer, but I wish that there was a singleplayer campaign as well. Expand
  29. Apr 25, 2011
    My all-time favorite game, I played this for 5 years until Bad Company 2 came out, and BC2 is a great game, but it's really there for me to hold me over until Battlefield 3 arrives later in 2011. Probably the best teamwork game there is, and gives me the same feeling I had in my younger days playing organized team sports. Commander mode was awesome and let's hope it is in Battlefield 3. "You are the worst squad I have ever set eyes on." "My grandma could do better!" Expand
  30. Oct 16, 2013
    The original massive battle arena. I spent huge amounts of hours in this game and am glad i did. Tons of fun.Online shooters don't come much better than this old gem.
  31. Mar 5, 2014
    Still the war-FPS that all others should be compared to. BF3 and 4 were console ports, and aimed for bad players with the no-recoil and tons of crutch weapons. Those are war arcade shooters. BF2 is a squad based tactical war-FPS. I miss this game, best FPS ever made.
  32. Mar 19, 2012
    Dont buy it. It a great game sure .. IF you can play it. You gone wast time and get super Pissed off with all the punkbuster failing, connection problems, cd key gone missing. Maybe you get lucky and every thing works fine at first but there will be a moment is gone fail on you, its just a mater of when.
  33. Aug 18, 2013
    Best game ever made. The netcode is the best and the hit registration is perfect. The maps are all big and well designed. The classes are a lot and well balanced. The infantry gameplay require a lot of skill but it's very satisfying. There are also a lot of good mods. Definitely a must have!
  34. Apr 16, 2013
    My favourite game of all time. Forever and always. It has the most content out of all of the Battlefield series and it's definitely the most fun. With over 30 maps with 3 variations each (90 maps, technically) and hundreds of weapons, vehicles, players and mods you really can't find a better pseudo-realistic war game than this one. I think this was the only game I've ever played to really balance realistic and not realistic perfectly, it has a realistic chain of command and getting medals and promotions, as well as slightly realistic physics, but you can also get into a car and drive up an exploding ramp and then jump out the side and parachute to safety.

The game definitely feels the best out of all of the Battlefield games. As soon as you boot it up you just feel like you have complete control over everything, and you feel like it's your fault that your dying when you do die because of how good the controls are.

As said before, there are loads of vehicles, and most maps have an aircraft carrier for the USMC. The Aircraft Carrier always has helicopters and jets on it, but this isn't like Battlefield 3 where every jet and helicopter are almost exactly the same, these jets have strengths and weaknesses.

Say there was a two seater jet that could drop 15 bombs and had 4 miniguns, it would fly very slowly and wouldn't be very agile.

Say there was a one seater jet with no bombs and like 2 machine guns, it would fly very quickly and would be extremely agile.

Lots of people all around the world still play this game all the time, but sadly, the modding community kinda died out.

But, that doesn't mean you can't play these mods, because this game has bots, and the bots in this game are very smart.

If you play vanilla Battlefield 2 you will be greeted to a screen that tells you that you can only have 16 bots on each map, that's fine, you need to get BF2ALL64.

This mod allows you to play BF2 with 64 bots in 64 player maps in co-op and single player. It's great

But definitely, the most popular mod is Project Reality.

Project Reality is pretty much ARMA in the Battlefield 2 engine with Bad Company's destruction, and it is amazing.

It's a super realistic, slow-paced war shooter that is incredibly intense. I would highly recommend if you have patience, because the matches run very slowly.

AIX is my personal favorite mod out of all of them. What it does is make the bots smarter and add everything from the expansions into the full game, and it also adds heaps of new stuff, such as miniguns and new maps (Archipalago is amazing, you have to play it on AIX) that you can play in co-op or single player.

Also, don't listen to what LordLeckie said, the vanilla weapons are definitely the strongest. They didn't go overboard with the unlock thing, which is another good thing.

Overall, this game is my favorite game of all time and you will probably have a blast playing this, but don't put your expectations too high or you might be disappointed. I'm just really passionate about this game.
  35. Jan 7, 2013
    Battlefield 2 is a good game,very fun with mods,is a awesome war game,but there it's just unplayable,the gun spread goes everywhere,units in the game could survive about 15+ G36C (or what gun is it) without getting a single hitmarker. Unplayable,do not buy
  36. Jun 7, 2013
    "Battlefield 2" was one of the reasons I had my PC upgraded for (I don't remember exactly)th time :)
    It took much time for "Call of Duty" creators to bring players to the modern action, but EA decided to let us use modern weapons much earlier.

First big sequel to the popular series brought us large maps, various class types and tons of fun time. I have to say that in "Battlefield 2" I
    was never a big fan of vehicles. Somehow they seemed I bit sluggish so mostly I enjoyed combat on foot, which allowed me to use at my best my favourite class medic. Defibrillator unit was firstly introduced to the game and significantly changed gameplay. Having a medic nearby would allow more heroic actions than you had previously let yourself to perform. Assault class was my second favourite one, although my friends often gave preference to engineers.

Having one right behind your tank would make you almost unstoppable force. Playing as a sniper was difficult for me, because I never understood a sniper rifle that did not kill an enemy with a single shot.
    A new feature that was introduced but never appreciated, by me at least, was artillery fire, that was often used as bombing of the point at the moment when it was captured by an enemy.

To give more balance against heavy vehicles new rocket launchers were introduced, that were statically set at some places and allowed firing missiles.

"Battlefield 2" also had AI partners that could make you a company. Having AI in opposite team often made playing a nightmare as making headshots with a pistol from unbelievable distance was not a big deal for them.

Weapon's kickback was not a big deal to get used to, but somehow I consider it a problem, because this way you can't 'feel' weapons.

Anyway, everything that was not appreciated by me doesn't make the game any worse, so at the moment of release, eight long years ago I would recommend it to any player who liked shooters.
  37. Jul 2, 2013
    This is the best of the Battlefield series! In my opinion, the new Battlefield games are inferior to the pre-BF Bad Company games. While old-school BF games focus on the multiplayer, recent BF games add singleplayer campaigns and a bunch of other stuff that doesn't belong in the BF series. If you haven't played the old BF games, you are doing it wrong...The graphics and the gameplay still hold up very well and there are a bunch of fun mods and maps you can install for free! Play BF2! Expand
  38. May 17, 2013
    I like what the battlefield series is trying to do, but they have some issues. BF2 has way too many exploits. Hit-boxes come unglued when player's run around. Bunny hopping can make you immune to being blasted by an entire clip at point blank range. Often the game involved running this marathon across the game map only to die and start all over again. I did get some real enjoyment out of the game tho. The urban maps were a lot more fun to me. Expand
  39. Jun 15, 2013
    Many people look at BF2 with rose tinted goggles and remember only the good parts about it and then give it 10/10 Im not gonna do that here i will list some of the big mistakes of the game> Cons........ Class balance You basicly only see assaults & medics Engineers & antitanks weapon suck ass so no one basicly ever used them. Magical repair aura in vehicles when you drive it as engineer This led to camping side by side with 2 tanks & commander dropping supplybox behind them that repaired them aswell.

Vehicle balance Helis 1 shotting everything with TV missile once you got the hang of the missile You could basicly dominate entire battlefield with it .
    Tanks basicly useless if there was any jets helis in the map
    Dolphin dive & bunny hopping
    OP weapons over other weapons

Pros...

Flight mechanics
    VOIP
    Destroyable bridges
    Intense fighting

At the time Battlefield 2 was my favorite fps game and amazing for its time. It had major issues with bugs crashes balance but still in end i'd play it again
  40. Sep 11, 2013
    I tried to go back to playing this game recently, and the ballistics is terrible. I'm not complaining because there is no bullet drop, but the bullets simply do not hit where you are aiming most the time. Instead of recoiling your shots just radiate further and further away from your aim point. So I tired using the semi auto fire modes often and even though it is more accurate they still don't always hit where you are aiming which is very frustrating. Otherwise a great game, but the gun play is lackluster. Expand
  41. Jul 24, 2013
    one of the better fps'. Got really into it when i got it and i still play i from time to time. You can purchase replica airsoft guns from the game here: http://www.airsplat.com/battlefield-2.htm
  42. Aug 1, 2013
    I don`t know how often I heard the loading screen of the MEC and USA but it never gets ols. Good gameplay and it is a grat game. Bf3 did not have the same feeling as in Bf2 but it is still pretty good.
  43. Aug 1, 2014
    Okay first up, I hate most first person shooters (all 'realistic' Military ones). So if you are a FPS fanboy I understand that you don't agree and that's fine. Saying this, I bought this game because it was $4.99 on steam and it got good reviews.

What happens when you get shot? You become incapacitated that is correct. And in all of these games (ie. Call of Pooty), you shoot the guy
    like fiddyelebin times and they do not die. And see, these games are supposed to be a realistic simulation of real life combat in the Military and they are not because when you get shot with an assault rifle, most of the time it is probably very hard to shoot back.

For example, I shot this guy in the back of the head and right shoulder like 3-4 times and he was still in a crouched position and that is not realistic at all. I really can't stand people who actually play deathmatch and think it's fun because it's the same thing over and over and there is no real excitement at all in doing the same thing over and over unless you are a small child. Capture the flag on the other hand is alot more fun and if the game was actually realistic (ie. you get shot in the head/chest you do die/become severely injured), I would have given the game a higher score.

I would review Call Of Pooty but I will never buy that game because I really despise all the blonde mothers who always walk into GameStop and drop 60 dollars every year on the same game for their kid.
  44. Jul 12, 2014
    Battlefield 2. My friends at school all really love one of two series: Battlefield or Call of Duty. What really ticks me off about it is that the popular kids all really like Call of Duty, which I consider terrible, and the unpopular kids really like Battlefield. It just goes to show you that these two franchises are at war with each other, and it has had really dire side effects on the world at large. I however, have chosen not to take a side in this war. I've only played the best games of these two franchises and that was it. I have already reviewed Call of Duty 4, which I thought was one of the worst games I've ever played. Now I'm reviewing the best Battlefield game, Battlefield 2. So, is this series really better than Call of Duty in every way, or do all modern warfare shooters totally suck after all? Let's find out. This game is an absolute blast to play! It is an online shooter with massive battlefields to fight on, and massive armies to fight with. This game really captures what it's like to be a member of the army and fight on huge battlefields. This game has only one gameplay mode, but because every map is so huge, when the game starts to feel old, other maps make it feel new again. This gameplay mode is conquest. In conquest, the two armies must fight to take control of the entire map, by taking over all of the control points. There is also a reinforcement counter, which shows how many more units on an army can spawn on the battlefield. Once one team controls more control points than the other, the other team starts losing reinforcements. The first team to take control of all of the control points, or get rid of all of the opposing team's reinforcements (this can also be done by simply killing the enemy as opposed to taking control points) wins. This game also emphasizes teamwork quite a bit. It is highly recommended that you get in a squad as early as possible. Also, if you are getting bored of going on foot to fight, or you have to take a long walk to an enemy control point, don't worry about it. There are also several vehicles to drive such as buggys, tanks, fighter jets, and even boats. This game also controls like your average shooter, so you don't have much to worry about in the controls department. In fact, this game is so fun, that the only real problem I have with it other than having only one game mode is that the jets and helicopters are really hard to fly. I found it insanely difficult to fly both air vehicles. However, it just goes to show you that this game has a good learning curve. The AI of this game can also be a challenge, which makes the game much more interesting. They do have a few problems here and there, but nothing major such as just sitting there doing nothing. Overall, no matter how you want to play this game, it will be fun no matter what. As for the graphics, while they may not be as good as Half-Life 2, which came out a year before this, they are still great graphics for their time. Everything in this game is very well detailed, looks the way it should, and perfectly replicates this game's modern warfare setting. It has settings in the United States of America, China, and the Middle East. All of these settings look about how you would expect in a modern day setting. The buildings, vehicles, and character models all look quite good. The only real problem that exists with the graphics is that despite how good they look, they might be a bit dated. Overall, the graphics of this game are great, if a bit dated. As for the presentation, it's great too. The menus can be a bit confusing sometimes, and the tutorials can be a bit confusing, but that's about it. Otherwise, this game has all of the modern military forces you would expect. Of course the U.S. Army is in this game, along with the Chinese, European Union, and Mecca armies. This game definitely presents itself as an excellent multiplayer shooter, and it succeeds in that respect. Overall, this game is a fantastic multiplayer shooter. It has everything good you would come to expect from a multiplayer shooter and more. The battles may be long, but that's just how they should be. In the end, I haven't chosen a side in the war between Call of Duty and Battlefield, but if I did, I would definitely choose Battlefield.
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  45. Apr 5, 2014
    The Maps are awesome, the weapons are awesome, the Engine for that release year is still good and everything else is awesome! Now you got BF4 and all this new stuff, but if you imagine, how BF2 was like BF4 back then. I prefer BF2 over the other ones, even if i only bought it last year. Still there are active people playing and new people too! Its just sad, that no one plays the Special Forces DLC. Its a good DLC in my opinion, but the people care about the main game and the DLCs, that are build into the game, and not have to be started over the main game.

This game is also moddable and has awesome mods like FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 and PROJECT REALITY with servers and players!
  46. Apr 11, 2014
  47. Apr 16, 2014
    This game is a Masterpiece !!!! Is the best game in the series with great big maps, balance cases and guns with recoil :) This and 1942 are the diamante of DICE.
  48. May 12, 2014
    I miss the days before all this modern-aged shooters like Call of Duty:Puppies and Bugfield 4...I am still playing this game with my cousin and a bunch of friends and it is fun.If you have never play it,give it a shot!

Once you strap into an F/A-18 and rocket over the landscape, once you're crouched next to a tank trying valiantly to repair it while bullets ping off of the armor inches above your head, once you defend a waypoint and ask for new orders from your commander over the radio, all of those nitpicks about map balance or sniper power fade.
  2. With incredible communication tools, top-notch visuals, and a fantastic balance of vehicles and classes, EA has won the battle and the war of online team-based shooters.
    The thing to remember about Battlefield 2 is that it's exceptionally fun.