Battlefield 3 PC

7.5

1. Nov 1, 2011
    Battlefield 3 is a gorgeous and smooth multiplayer FPS that is fun to play if you have tons of time to devote to it and have been playing since launch day. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't started playing yet or who will receive this game as a gift later this year since they are in for an experience equivalent to hazing.

Battlefield 3 is deliberately abusive to new or below-average

Battlefield 3 is deliberately abusive to new or below-average skill players. Yes, there are weapons to unlock like previous Battlefield games. Unfortunately, DICE has taken a good thing to the extreme this time around. Did you know you can unlock faster firing speed for vehicles, faster reloads for vehicles, better body armor against explosives, faster sprinting, bipods that make your aim steady, and more? If you haven't started playing by now your enemy has all of these advantages. If you haven't started playing yet you don't have these advantages and will be constantly dominated by players who do have these advantages.

Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid this immediate disadvantage. You must fight through ever-increasingly difficult odds just to try and rank up to the level of your opponents. By the time you get there they will scored so many points against you that the problem of imbalance will persist. This is not a game that features a level playing field. It goes out of its way to make it imbalanced whether you drive a vehicle or hoof it on foot. Even the vehicles have features that must be unlocked. Enjoy being a sitting duck in an armored vehicle as the enemy pelts you with a faster firing speed and missile that you haven't unlocked.

I could add some commentary about maps in this game. I could add commentary about weapons and vehicles. None of that really matters when the core gameplay mechanics are this badly imbalanced. None of the game's content or performance matters when you join a multiplayer server and find that even your allies sprint right by, demand you let them drive a vehicle because it doesn't have unlockable offensive and defensive capabilities when you drive, or your friends refuse to play on your team because you're too far behind them in terms of unlocks and ranks.

I cannot advocate for a game in which gives players advantages over each other. Weapon unlocks were a nice way to add diversity to the game. Giving players advantages the same way they unlock new content is absolutely brutal. This is not a game of skill or an objective-based team game -- it is purely about who can unlock the most content the fastest.
  2. Nov 6, 2011
    A uniquely disappointing campaign unless you enjoy the philosophical aspect of death out of the blue. The campaign is buggy, kludgy, and denies you any sort of satisfaction. Nothing is worse than pressing the wrong button during one of the close combat scenes, well aware that you're now condemned to passively follow half a minute more of fighting, followed by your death and another half aA uniquely disappointing campaign unless you enjoy the philosophical aspect of death out of the blue. The campaign is buggy, kludgy, and denies you any sort of satisfaction. Nothing is worse than pressing the wrong button during one of the close combat scenes, well aware that you're now condemned to passively follow half a minute more of fighting, followed by your death and another half a minute with the loading screen.
    The multiplayer mode may or may not be ok, but after the campaign I don't want to see any more of this game.
  3. Nov 1, 2011
    SP was predictable boring and short. Graphics are great but thats mostly because of the horrible blinding lights. I wish there was a mp unlock for tinted goggles. Also this game is geared for hardcore players and hardcore players only. If your not a seasoned battlefield veteran prepared to get anal raped hardcore. It doesnt matter if you are good a video games you will still get crushedSP was predictable boring and short. Graphics are great but thats mostly because of the horrible blinding lights. I wish there was a mp unlock for tinted goggles. Also this game is geared for hardcore players and hardcore players only. If your not a seasoned battlefield veteran prepared to get anal raped hardcore. It doesnt matter if you are good a video games you will still get crushed into the ground if you haven't been playing the battlefield series. If your a gay casual gamer and like it up the butt than you will surely love the ass rape that is battlefield 3, otherwise I would stay away. Expand
  4. Nov 1, 2011
    I signed on to Metacritic only to rate BF3 because I feel so violated by both EA and Dice - by their sheer ignorance and hostility towards a paying customer. If you value your time (endless list of technical problems starting from Origin to Battlelog to the PC port itself), privacy (multiple shady EULAs and file scanning) or simply want to enjoy good games built by honest and respectfulI signed on to Metacritic only to rate BF3 because I feel so violated by both EA and Dice - by their sheer ignorance and hostility towards a paying customer. If you value your time (endless list of technical problems starting from Origin to Battlelog to the PC port itself), privacy (multiple shady EULAs and file scanning) or simply want to enjoy good games built by honest and respectful developers - do not spend your money on Battlefield 3. Expand
  5. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is great...when multilayer works. The origin launcher is dumb and web interface is even worse. When I join games it works only about half the time, sometimes i get a illegal operation or it just freezes. They have turned this game into a console first pc second title which is messed up because it started on PC.
  6. Nov 2, 2011
    As somebody who played BF1942 for 3 years, then BF2, then BFBC1 and 2, BF3 seems like a step in the reverse direction. The pace seems slow which is unlike a Battlefield game, and besides the pretty graphics BF3 actually seems like it has worse gameplay than BF2. Definitely not what I've been waiting years for. And to think that DICE scrapped subsequent DLCs for BFBC2 to work on BF3.As somebody who played BF1942 for 3 years, then BF2, then BFBC1 and 2, BF3 seems like a step in the reverse direction. The pace seems slow which is unlike a Battlefield game, and besides the pretty graphics BF3 actually seems like it has worse gameplay than BF2. Definitely not what I've been waiting years for. And to think that DICE scrapped subsequent DLCs for BFBC2 to work on BF3. It's a pity, it could have been a great game. That coupled with EA's crappy connectivity client, which makes using Gamespy in the old days a joy compared to what they've presented for 2011, makes the experience very disappointing.

I guess I'll move to other games and check back in a month or two to see if they've managed to fix the experience at all.
  7. Nov 2, 2011
    Origin sanctioned spyware installed, check! PunkBuster client installed, check! Web browser plugin installed, check! Logged into Battlenet, check! Hit a Humvee with a RPG and 4 GI's exit the vehicle to gun me down, check! Fire 4 tank shells into a 3 foot bush and the bush just waves in the wind undisturbed, check! Enemy with a surefire gun mounted flash light makes my monitor go fullOrigin sanctioned spyware installed, check! PunkBuster client installed, check! Web browser plugin installed, check! Logged into Battlenet, check! Hit a Humvee with a RPG and 4 GI's exit the vehicle to gun me down, check! Fire 4 tank shells into a 3 foot bush and the bush just waves in the wind undisturbed, check! Enemy with a surefire gun mounted flash light makes my monitor go full bright white during a mid-day battle and he kills me, check! Fire shoulder rocket at the enemy who turns around and kills me with his 9mm submachine gun while he stands within the impact crater from the fired rocket, check! ... If you like realistic imagery but not realistic, balanced, or stable gameplay, BF3 is the game for you. Expand
  8. Aug 23, 2013
    Probably the most unplayable game EVER. Origin is the biggest pain in the az I have ever seen experienced. Everything bugs out. Why would they use a browser for matchmaking? The browser is something personalized, you can't be a sane programmer and expect to write a matchmaking system that runs inside a browser and works on every browser when you require external plugins!!! Either make aProbably the most unplayable game EVER. Origin is the biggest pain in the az I have ever seen experienced. Everything bugs out. Why would they use a browser for matchmaking? The browser is something personalized, you can't be a sane programmer and expect to write a matchmaking system that runs inside a browser and works on every browser when you require external plugins!!! Either make a plain HTML5 matchmaker that runs in a custom browser (something like steam's browser) or stay away from my own browser. I'm not going to change the configuration of MY BROWSER to play a effing game.

Bugs in the keybinding setup, random crashes, doesn't run fullscreen because you are running teamviewer in the background, bugs in the CO-OP matchmaking, friend's list in origin and inside the website doesn't sync properly. TERRIBLE IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY.
  9. Nov 2, 2011
    I sold my copy after 15 hours of MP.Repetative,dull,boring and full of glitches.Plus all the other negative comments already posted.Whats the point of massive nice looking enviroments if you cant use them,oh yea corprate eye candy.God forbid players should do anything else except die,respawn,kill,fuse/defuse bombs by pressing a button over and over just to get weapons and upgrades.
  10. Nov 3, 2011
    Nothing New in the West!

1. Origin: general business terms what, a cheek! Do I have to pay for this or do they have to pay me for selling them all my informations. The software "origin" itself not very comfortable, just one more source of trouble. All in all useless. 2. Battlelog: Second source of trouble because it's runs in a browser! Why? The Voice Channel, the multiplayerlounge,
    Nothing New in the West!

All in all useless.

2. Battlelog: Second source of trouble because it's runs in a browser! Why?
    The Voice Channel, the multiplayerlounge, everything, the whole communication design, everything is very confusing and buggy.

3. Battlefield 3:
    The graphics are very elaborated and textures are realistic, (except the many bug which I hope will be fixed soon) sometimes the effort to be as most realistic as possible ruins the gameplay, like the flashlight and all the laserpointers, just annoying.
    All in all the graphics in Bad Company 2 appeared more realistic to me.
    Character Design is just stupid, e.g. russian soldiers with giant watches and why do the engineers wear gas masks all the time??? Please don't try to be realistic at all cost.

Gameplay:
    Nearly all of the new inventions in the gameplay are reinventions of older battlefield versions like: weapon fire mode, lying on the groung, jets, or things that I could even remember since "Wolfenstein Enemy Territory" (even there it was possible to time your grenade). Frostbite promissed that it's possible to destroy nearly everything, I dreamed of having bomb crates, but sometimes it's hard to just cut down a tree with a tank or roll over a guardrail. The whole point system is just made for all those addicts, it disadvantages those who don't want to spent all there private life playing FPS and as I think it's another loss for a balanced gameplay, it doesn't provide ability in first place but attendance. Tactics or teamplay are not really necessary if you have the beter weapon. Go on an trie to get a high rank, next year there will be a new game and there you start at zero. It's just to keep you gaming and gaming even though the basic gameplay is nothing special. Let me call it just swagger like the whole mock battlelog wolf in sheep's clothing facebook. Sorry.
    Maps are confusing, maybe I'm not used to it or it's snipers wonderland. And as far as I can see, good night modding, looks like this is the end of all Battlefield Mods.

ASO ASO

Sorry I've had more fun playing BC2 or BF2, my critic would have been better if there had been some real new inventions except better graphics.
  11. Nov 3, 2011
    Those who see this "0" score may wonder why I'm starting with what, I think, are good - or great - features of the game, so let me start:
    -no more jumping in order to overcome, say, a 2" step on a ladder (or level difference in terrain, for that matter). Now really, does anybody jump 3 steps in order to climb one? In all other games of this franchise, it's a constant annoyance. Not this time, though;
    -sound. Realistic. Awesome. Not one negative comment on this one.
    -now, something that may be controversial: the flashlight. Either love or hate it, I consider it something more realistic than before, and even though there were means to do it, it was not built-in;
    -physics/destruction: maybe I should address them separately, but, from what I saw, it looks like physics come from destruction in this game, not the other way around. And don't tell me they are two completely separated things, or it'll get worse! I'll stress the good one: destruction. It's good. I really appreciated it. But when it comes to physics, things are somewhat odd (ask those "jet pilot" players...), to say the least.

And that's all the good things I have to say about BF3 (or should I call it BC3?). Battlelog? Everyone I know is complaining about it. Lack of VoIP? Same. Where are the big ships DICE has promised? Naval battle? I had hopes that this wasn't a bad joke, but it is; a dirty one. Commander? No longer. -member squads? Only if n=4. Commo rose or F1-F8? No option: the worst commo rose I've ever seen (not that I haven't complained about it in BF2; it was bad enough already, but they managed to make it even worse). Graphics? Really, it's a mixture of great vehicle and soldiers textures, with mediocre (or less) terrain graphics. I was wondering if "ultra" meant "ultra-LOW" instead of "ultra-HIGH" graphics quality; to be fair, it's better than DN Forever, and comparable to ET:QW. What about towing vehicles (or vehicles towing objects)? Oh, you don't know what I'm talking about? Sorry if you haven't played BFV, then (and really, I feel really sorry on this one, since you probably can't buy BFV in stores now). Chat screen filling 1/3 of it? C'mon, DICE, you can do better than that! In-game server browser? No more. More unlocks than classes? Then what's the point on classes anyway!!?? And what about that **** of "play it the way you want"? The way I want is more like this: MOD tools, so I can put ideas into practice without having to convince DICE's CEO to allocate a fair amount of time and $ of their team to do it for me (for us). Instead of MODs, which extend the game's life cycle, one will gonna have to put up with DLCs, which divide the community (into those who have and those who don't) once for each DLC. The way I want to play is without Origin, launching the game like any other I've ever installed, not via web browser.
    I'm not done, but I don't want to extend myself much (more than I have already) on this one.
    Clearly, the bad side of it by far out-passes the good one.
  12. Nov 3, 2011
    Battlefield 3 looks great and the infantry combat is solid, but it lacks key gameplay elements that set the franchise apart and contributed to its success.

Gone are the huge, wide-open maps and replaced with more condensed combat zones. It's clear that the hardware restrictions of consoles have stunted map size of BF3, despite the PC being the "lead platform". BF3 will be loved by

BF3 will be loved by player who enjoy chaotic infantry combat with non-stop hail of gunfire, but disappoint those who enjoyed the aircraft and enormous maps of BF1942 and BF2.
  13. Nov 3, 2011
    Origin and BattleLog ruin any possibility of a positive experience. The server browser returns expired server status and data; connecting to servers and staying connected is an exercise in futility. Once connected, you're still not out of the clear as you have an extremely high probability of being kicked. The single player campaign is pathetic. Quick time events to kill rats and openOrigin and BattleLog ruin any possibility of a positive experience. The server browser returns expired server status and data; connecting to servers and staying connected is an exercise in futility. Once connected, you're still not out of the clear as you have an extremely high probability of being kicked. The single player campaign is pathetic. Quick time events to kill rats and open doors is not exciting. Do yourself a favor and avoid this game. Expand
  14. Nov 12, 2011
    Installing and running EAs very own spyware, Origin, is compulsory in order to play. Origin scans your personal data, including documents and tax returns. According to the EULA, EA can use this data however they want, including selling it to other companies. This is unlawful, outrageous, absolutely, totally unacceptable!! Also, the game isn't that great, either.
  15. Nov 4, 2011
    People who are rating this game 8+ must be playing a different game than me. No one was more anxious for this game than me. After a year of hype and trailers I was really waiting for this. I've been playing BF2 constantly for the past year. I stopped buying MW after the mess that MW2 had become. infinity just rewraps the same bullsh*t add a fresh coat of paint and shoves it at you an callPeople who are rating this game 8+ must be playing a different game than me. No one was more anxious for this game than me. After a year of hype and trailers I was really waiting for this. I've been playing BF2 constantly for the past year. I stopped buying MW after the mess that MW2 had become. infinity just rewraps the same bullsh*t add a fresh coat of paint and shoves it at you an call it innovation. When BC2 came out it was like no other game. You could do and destroy anything!! You think you're gonna camp here for the whole game? WRONG, there's no wall behind you! Drive tanks, fly ATTACK helicopters, 4 wheelers, UAVs and turrents! You name it BC2 provided and then. BF3 was announced and we got word of all the wonders that would befall us in this game. And show the COD franchise how real developers and networks stand by their fanbase. I refer to all this is to emphasize how utterly disappointed I am in BF3. I realized from Beta that this is NOT the BF I knew and loved. This felt cheap. And EA chose the absolute worst map to allure players from COD as it was not displaying BF's to its truest. We all know of the annoying network outages and glitches that happened in the beta stage and EA assured us that what we were playing was not the final product so I shrugged it off. Now that the final game was released I hoped it would be the same as BF2, IT IS NOT. Those users saying the game play is the same WRONG. The game play is no where near as smooth as BF3 and that game could have been smoother. This game is a pretty mess. I will only be referring to Multilayer as Campaign got me so angry I had to take 2 xanax (I think I've made my point here).

From a simple thing as the inability to walk over a tiny object on the ground to the daunting task of getting out of a room, this game has become what I hoped it wouldn't... COD with vehicles. EA if you cant do something right, dont bother doing it at all. How is it that you can shoot a person square dead in the head emptying TWO clips one from you main and the secondary after switching to you side arm and your opponent will have enough time to stop. turn. shoot you once and you are dead.? EA can you PLEASE explain this cause I am stumped. I have had folks massacre me on 0%. 0%!!!!! I was killed by a ghost y'all!!!! Why can't I cook a grenade?? Why is player mute either you mute the entire squad or none so if I have a team member that is actually benefiting to the team and a kid screaming at his mommy I have to deal with all of that or mute them all? HOW do I end up in an entirely different class when a new game starts? WHY the **** does it take to goddamn long to get up from prone!!??? WHY all the theatrics to knife someone??!!! You have to ensure NO ONE is around you if you're knifing someone cause the length of time it takes to do that crap will get you shot! I have to wonder if EA just focused all their energy into just making the game look pretty and sounding fantastic and just left out the heart of the game. Cause that is what I got from the store. So thanks EA, thanks for ruining a great game! And replacing it with cheap, marketing MESS! Xoxo!
  16. Nov 4, 2011
    battliefield series is a game that promotes team play how ever a lack of in game communication have rendered team play as non existant

vechiles upgrades are a problem as you need to play in that vechile to get them this is noticeably a problem in jets as you have no counter for the lock on missles that come your way. vechile control is useless more noticable in the air craft however you can get a tank stuck going up a hill that has less then a 10 degree radiant the commander fuction has gone come on guys this is not a battliefield game this is a console cod
  17. Nov 5, 2011
    What a disappointment. I, like many before me, signed up to write this review exclusively! DON'T BUY THIS GAME - yet! On the positive side:

1. graphics look fantastic 2. cool new login system and matchmaking 3. launch of yet another digital distribution system on the negative side: 1. the game is riddled with bugs like graphics, physics, connections to server, lag. 2. the online

1. graphics look fantastic
    2. cool new login system and matchmaking
    3. launch of yet another digital distribution system

on the negative side:
    2. the online matchmaking system is as of yet crap as there are no proper servers available
    3. launching from a browser is fine, but if the game is not preloaded it takes time(got a SSD setup and the works) and if the server for some reason is no good (lag, ping, players, map) then you'll have to quit the game and go back to the browser, just to start over again.
    4. did I mention that finding actual servers where there is room to play is limited? Early probably for sure...
    5. The settings do not remember your choices even though you confirm three times that "YES I WANT IT". I simply cannot recommend this game, I have seen no changes from the beta to the launch and distributing this game is way too early. Look at the amount of negative feedback, and look how oddly consistent the review sites are in their praise... bought off? I'm probably a conspiracy theorist, but it seems odd that 40% of users reporting on this game is NEGATIVE and further 10% have mixed feelings.

Waste of money because you'll either fail:
    1. your computer does not meet the requirements(mine is top of the line)
    2. your location is not close enough to the few EA servers available (free servers are not possible, paid service - to ensure "product consistency" probably... sure it's consistently ****
    3. your particular OS, drivers, chip set, graphics-card makes the game act just the wrong way.

This game needed another 5 months of re-factoring and code stabilization, as well as some performance measurement and analysis. And the firing what ever sales idiot who pushed this to market ahead of Call of Duty: modern warfare 3.
  18. Nov 5, 2011
    Before anything, let me say... BATTLELOG AND ORIGIN ARE HORRENDOUS!!! I cannot begin to explain how badly I wanted this game to be a blockbuster. How badly I wanted to play it through my Thanksgiving holiday. How badly I wanted to eat up every last bit of its great gameplay and graphics. But seriously, it was like a good looking Medal of Honor remake. I am talking some of the WORST AI andBefore anything, let me say... BATTLELOG AND ORIGIN ARE HORRENDOUS!!! I cannot begin to explain how badly I wanted this game to be a blockbuster. How badly I wanted to play it through my Thanksgiving holiday. How badly I wanted to eat up every last bit of its great gameplay and graphics. But seriously, it was like a good looking Medal of Honor remake. I am talking some of the WORST AI and gameplay in single player to date. If you hated Red River or Medal of Honor, you will equally hate the single player in this game. Just sad. Also, it is buggy, glitched, and very linear. I waited so long for this game, got it asap, and I would just as quickly return it if I could. It breaks my heart. Expand
  19. Nov 6, 2011
    Graphic is astonishing despite moderate system requirement. All other aspects of SP are plain, boring and inexcusably worthless. MP at a first glance is good, but not excellent.
  20. Nov 6, 2011
    This is quite possibly the worst first person shooter I've ever experienced. The controls are choppy, the guns are few and far between, it takes 5-8 hit markers to kill sombody (depending on lag), and the sound is awful. Truely pathetic. There is no way to tell your team from another team, there is no way to snap to a target, there is no way to alter your player inbetween matches......IThis is quite possibly the worst first person shooter I've ever experienced. The controls are choppy, the guns are few and far between, it takes 5-8 hit markers to kill sombody (depending on lag), and the sound is awful. Truely pathetic. There is no way to tell your team from another team, there is no way to snap to a target, there is no way to alter your player inbetween matches......I could list 20 other engineering flaws in this game, but I won't waste the time. Save yourself 60 bucks, get it used and turn it back in when you get tired of it (which shouldn't take but a couple of games). Expand
  21. Nov 7, 2011
    If you want Cod, buy Cod. That is basically all that needs saying but I am on here for a rant so here goes...its a consol port, its arcadey, the battles are lass intense the aiming is crap, the textures look artificial, it puts up dodgy frames (bright blue or green- ati 6950), worst of all is level design, levels dont blow up like they used to and are designed like cod so fights happenIf you want Cod, buy Cod. That is basically all that needs saying but I am on here for a rant so here goes...its a consol port, its arcadey, the battles are lass intense the aiming is crap, the textures look artificial, it puts up dodgy frames (bright blue or green- ati 6950), worst of all is level design, levels dont blow up like they used to and are designed like cod so fights happen when you see the other guy first and the visibility is such there is too much chance that a guy will see you through chance rather than skill. Played it for a bit and got bored. I regret paying money for this and reccommend others dont. Expand
  22. Nov 8, 2011
    Poor and unsatisfying single player, that feels rushed out in order to beat MW3 to the shops. However the big issue for me is the required installation of "Origin", and offensive and bug ridden piece of privacy-invading software. Do not buy.
  23. Nov 8, 2011
    Played this sorry excuse of a game for a while yesterday. The funny thing is I had yet to realize this was the exact same game I've been playing for two years. New multiplayer modes? Yeah, there are a bunch, none of them interesting tough. How about the singleplayer? Same washed up Michael Bay on steroids you would expect from a game nowadays. Where are the good old days where goodPlayed this sorry excuse of a game for a while yesterday. The funny thing is I had yet to realize this was the exact same game I've been playing for two years. New multiplayer modes? Yeah, there are a bunch, none of them interesting tough. How about the singleplayer? Same washed up Michael Bay on steroids you would expect from a game nowadays. Where are the good old days where good gameplay was defined by skill, and not the ridiculous amount of over the top killstreak rewards and perks someone can have? This game, no, this franchise is scarred and beyond repair... A waste of my money. Expand
  24. Nov 8, 2011
    Look, I know this is a multiplayer game. I do. I understand that the singleplayer is little more than an extended tutorial. Did an hour of multiplayer and it was really great. But you put the crappy singleplayer in
  25. Nov 8, 2011
    Didn't live up to the hype. The graphics are sub-par and the controls are slow. Multiplayer is plagued by 12 year old girls. The UI makes me want to die.
  26. Mar 15, 2012
    If you've played Battlefield 2 and/or 2142, and not just the Bad Company spinoff series, you will be dissapointed with the way the franchise is headed with Battlefield 3.
    The game is by no means made for the fanbase that helped DICE get big as a company, rather it has become a generic shooter without any teamplay features or depth.
    Singleplayer: ------------- The singleplayer campaign

Singleplayer:
    -------------

The singleplayer campaign is one big ripoff of all earlier CoD campaigns, and even so it's lacking immersion.
    It's simply too linear and too restricted in it's gameplay, and you'll find yourself being a spectator while the game plays itself before you. At some point you'll complete an entire mission just by pressing space...

I found the difficulty to scale alright, although the AI seemed quite clumsy, a fact that DICE has tried to correct by giving them aimbot. - They'll basically oneshot you from across the map with shotguns...

Co-op:
    ------

Is fun during the first playthrough, but get bland very quickly, as there is very few missions, and the ones that you get are very little creative, not to mention the fact that you'll have to grind them in order to unlock some weapons. - All in all this gamemode seems unfinished and should probably not have been in the game at all, coop can by no means be compared to the "specops" of CoD.

Multiplayer:
    ------------

This is where DICE/EA really went wrong, in my oppinion.
    Instead of taking the features that made the Battlefield series great, they've thrown 80% of the features out of the window and simplyfied the rest to uselessness. I'll list a few of the things that made the game fail, as far as I'm concerned:

- Only way to play the game is to start it through Origin, EA's alternative to Steam, no biggie you might think, but you'll actually have to allow said program to scan not only the game folder, but your entire computer for who knows what reason. Also if you want to get the game listed in Steam, you'd end up having to start Steam which would then start Origin, which again would start Battlelog and only then you'd be able to start the game, that is if both Origin and Battlelog decides to work that is.

- With the Commander position out of the game, only the Squadleader would able to organise the team, but all that the role is given is giant bullseye on it's back; tools for giving orders and even a useable map are nonexistant in the game.

- The game of course has vehicles, but they have been weakened to the extent that they are now little more than a quick "killstreak", and no longer an important tool that might help a team win.

- The game is all about the fast paced closequarter action, and this would be fine had they finally gotten the hang of getting hit recognition to work, but alas this works as bad as in all earlier installments. - No VO-IP and an unfinished Commo-rose makes it next to impossible to communicate with your team, at least to the extent of making a tactical difference.

- If you plan on playing with buddies you're in tough luck, as it is next to impossible to get all on the same team, let alone in the same squad.

As mentioned the battlefield series is no longer for people who wants a casual war simulator, but is now more and more becoming a generic CoD clone. A fact that becomes more apparent with each DLC. If you're part of the Call of Duty fanbase this game is actually made for you, and as such you could very well consider this game, though in my oppinion youd probably still be better off with CoD, as they simply are better at what they do. And this pains me very much, the fact that had DICE continued to improve on the features that made them great, they could probably have made the best shooter of all time, but instead they decided to go for the casual crowd, and through them some easy money. The result of this is at best a mediocre game, that attempts too much but accomplishes too little.
  27. Nov 8, 2011
    Really. Boring. Gameplay. Takes forever just to find a guy to shoot. no, this game is TERRIBLE. At least call of duty is better than this crap. fast and nice gameplay, and MW3 got rated better than this crappy thing. hahaha,
  28. Nov 8, 2011
    Bland. Single player is just bleh boring and stale; left a bad taste in my mouth. Moving from that into the multiplayer it's just the same as Battlefield 2. Literally nothing new is included in this game that isn't in BF2 or BFBC2. If you've played those games don't buy this one.
  29. Nov 17, 2011
    Worst ever Battlefield game. I love BF2 and still play it, occasionally BFBC2 as well. Since this game was named "BF3", I expected improved gameplay with new features BFBC2 has presented. But this happened to be BFBC3, not BF3. Except for that, the game itself isn't bad. Maybe it was just my expectations of the Battlefield (not Bad Company) franchise.

EA should learn how to name their

EA should learn how to name their games before releasing them.
  30. Nov 9, 2011
    Everyone is crazy about that bf3.Last time i played bfbc2...i didn't enjoyed a bit like i did in mw/mw2.But every single guy of this bf3 fans is trying to give mw3 a less score as possible.I "DAMN" care about graphics.It requires a high end PC to play easily.Yeah....multiplayer is good(although i didn't played mp mode).But i had to upgrade my gpu to play this game.Graphics isn't everythingEveryone is crazy about that bf3.Last time i played bfbc2...i didn't enjoyed a bit like i did in mw/mw2.But every single guy of this bf3 fans is trying to give mw3 a less score as possible.I "DAMN" care about graphics.It requires a high end PC to play easily.Yeah....multiplayer is good(although i didn't played mp mode).But i had to upgrade my gpu to play this game.Graphics isn't everything in a FPS game(or any kind of game).Few years ago everybody played commandos(although its a strategy game) and enjoyed it(Like i did)but it wasn't full of lighting or ANT tech....dah dah dah....so??It's true that everyone doesn't like run and gun.BUT....you have to remember that-----COD IS THE BEST......... Expand
  31. Nov 9, 2011
    The singleplayer is unfinished (has a lot of bugs) wait for a year after release hopefully this game will have a patch. I've seen NPCs shooting without the gun geometry in their hands, NPCs walking through metal fences, the worst problem is that your squad NPCs takes cover in the exact perfect place that you need to take cover to progress through the scene and you can't move them (they'reThe singleplayer is unfinished (has a lot of bugs) wait for a year after release hopefully this game will have a patch. I've seen NPCs shooting without the gun geometry in their hands, NPCs walking through metal fences, the worst problem is that your squad NPCs takes cover in the exact perfect place that you need to take cover to progress through the scene and you can't move them (they're pieces of brick video geomotry) even worse whenever they have a path to follow they don't go around you they just push your avatar out of the way, it's the most embarrassing video game story to follow I've ever seen in a game of this generation with all of the spectacular visuals going on around you you can't navigate around your squad and they can't navigate around you. When you see your squad member running right at you then just continue the running animation right in your face as your avatar pushes out of the way you'll know what I mean.

On the other hand if battlefield war is what you want then the multiplayer is inexplicabaly incredible, the best capture the flag that you can get right on your computer. Nothing like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 it has a completely different flowy feel to it. There's nothing like seeing a squad run across a road you're guarding waiting for cover from your squad knowing they're real people on the other side of the computer and if they see you it's completely unpredictable what any of them might do.
  32. Nov 9, 2011
    Art director should be fired.Game is way overhyped.

- burn out contrast/bloom/hdr and no way to town it down , it hurts yours eyes and its impossible to spot enemies which look most of the time like background (way to dark uniforms) or like your teammates, people shot you out of nowhere, you need eagle eyesight to spot them - blinding lights from sun - stupid lensflare, blinding lights
    Art director should be fired.Game is way overhyped.

- blinding lights from sun - stupid lensflare, blinding lights from flashlights, lasers, even streetlights are too bright - very annoying and lame - most of maps is tiny with chokepoints, lighting is too dark or too bright
    - soldiers and vehicles move too fast - autohealing for vehicles,no cool down for repair tool which makes many vehicles undestructable
    - recon useless - no camouflage for recon, silly scope flare giving your position away
    - ugly gray/bluish color cast on some maps - env. not as destructive as in BC2 !
    - noisy, too much bang-bang, at the same time you cant hear footsteps of enemies Most of maps are tiny, graphics is not gameplay friendly (contrast bloom hdr way over the top) and hurts your gameplay and eyes, difficult to spot enemies because of too much contrast and and too dark shadows.I was big BF series fan owned BF2,BF2142,BFBC2 but BF3 totally sucks, tiny maps make you feel you play Unreal Tournment and not battlefield. Disappointment of the year :( I suggest you stay with BC2 its much better game.
  33. Nov 9, 2011
    This game has been rushed and butched. They lowered the treshold for casual player and now it no longer feels like a true BF2 sequel. More like BC3, but worst... A lot of bugs and glitches. Their mouse input code is flawed. This is pretty bad for a FPS. The art direction is really annoying: High contrast everywhere and blue tint. Lack of colours. DICE lied to their customers about manyThis game has been rushed and butched. They lowered the treshold for casual player and now it no longer feels like a true BF2 sequel. More like BC3, but worst... A lot of bugs and glitches. Their mouse input code is flawed. This is pretty bad for a FPS. The art direction is really annoying: High contrast everywhere and blue tint. Lack of colours. DICE lied to their customers about many things. They dont care anymore, they just pretend to care. They made a game to make money by reaching COD community but they lost their roots by doing that. VERY sad... R.I.P. Battlefield series. Expand
  34. Nov 9, 2011
    They specifically made the game this way to benefit their own marketing and to hurt their customers. I will never buy a DICE or EA game ever again................
  35. Nov 9, 2011
    I like the self- affirming idiots who haven't actually played this marketing scam but give it 0's anyway. It is brain dead button mashers like these reviewer's who are so "awed" by trailers, special effects, "perks", ranks, ladders, etc. who sway the game developers to market this drivel. No squad voip? Who else remembers getting in the zone, in a good squad on a weekend and sneakingI like the self- affirming idiots who haven't actually played this marketing scam but give it 0's anyway. It is brain dead button mashers like these reviewer's who are so "awed" by trailers, special effects, "perks", ranks, ladders, etc. who sway the game developers to market this drivel. No squad voip? Who else remembers getting in the zone, in a good squad on a weekend and sneaking behind enemy lines, while talking to the commander about spotting in the back of 64 player Karkand on your favorite server where you recognize everyone? You can't do any of that in bf3. The interface is complete trash. Don't buy this game until they patch the crap out of it. Expand
  36. Nov 9, 2011
    The only worthwhile part of the game is the multiplayer --- and even that isn't that fun. DICE abandoned their roots and took on a Call of Duty style.
  37. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is a complete let down, the graphics took a back seat, the multiplayer is laggy and clunky,and the story mode is a rip off from black ops. Don't believe the reviews and save your money, rent it and experience it for yourself. Not to mention the servers suck, i hope EA gets their act together next time.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    Unfortunately EA DICE is not able to deliver all of the many promises made by marketing. From a technical perspective this look like an unfinished game. The singleplayer campaign suffers from basic technical issues where story progression is impossible as certain criteria has not been fulfilled. In multiplayer, that is supposed to be the games one strength, the pervasive technicalUnfortunately EA DICE is not able to deliver all of the many promises made by marketing. From a technical perspective this look like an unfinished game. The singleplayer campaign suffers from basic technical issues where story progression is impossible as certain criteria has not been fulfilled. In multiplayer, that is supposed to be the games one strength, the pervasive technical deficiencies is even more obvious. Mainly clipping is a issue where you can be shoot because from you point of view you are in cover, while you opponent has an unobstructed view for a kill. If you are new to the first person military shooters there are other more balanced games available. Expand
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    Ea sux

bf3 sux

origin sux

battlelog sux

bf3 fanboys sux

0 for u mr bf3! thats what u deserve! why spend time making a single player that sux with a multiplayer that is worse than bad company 2?
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    The servers are crap. The fact that vehicles are present is crap. The lag is crap. The fact that you have to buy the game new or pay 10 bucks to play online is also a load of crap.
  41. Mar 27, 2012
    Untill you bring us back the previous way to play the game is COMPLETELY useless!!! Guys don't let you be blackmailed by the game dev. Simply because the wake-up one day and thought:"Oh, lets make some more money, from the gamers!!!" Great game, ruined by its creators!!! TRAGIC!!!
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    This game has the worst fanbase... resorting to review bombing an undeserving game (MW3).... Shame on you. Every one of you that resorting to the shameful tactic of review-bombing MW3 should be ashamed of yourself!
  43. Jun 29, 2012
    This game is 10 times better then COD thats why im giving it a score 3. The biggest thing in this game that bothers me is too much bloom in multiplayer and graphics arent really that good if you look very closely. There are no numbers for mouse sensitivity so i have to guess. No battlerecorder, battlelog is pain in the a**. Also hit detection is broken in multiplayer.
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is more of a prototype than a fully finished FPS. The frostbite 2 engine needs to work out some major kinks. If you're on the fence about which military shooter to pick up this year, do yourself a favor and get MW3. Maybe next time around battlefield will be the better online shooter, but for now there are far too many glitches to enjoy. Truly a shame, game had tons ofThis game is more of a prototype than a fully finished FPS. The frostbite 2 engine needs to work out some major kinks. If you're on the fence about which military shooter to pick up this year, do yourself a favor and get MW3. Maybe next time around battlefield will be the better online shooter, but for now there are far too many glitches to enjoy. Truly a shame, game had tons of potential. Little bit of a disappointment, but hoping for a better game next time. Expand
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    Awful game. Not worth buying this pathetic excuse of a game. Save your money for a game that is actually worth playing. I could not get myself to play more than an hour of this game
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    All may be upsets with the fact that the single-player was not up to par with most campaigns in other games but Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer I recommend this game to everyone, it's the best shooter of the year,graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really goodAll may be upsets with the fact that the single-player was not up to par with most campaigns in other games but Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer I recommend this game to everyone, it's the best shooter of the year,graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really good single player and co-op modes and just an awesome multiplayer mode with so much freedom of choice and tons of unlockables.
    Grat game
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    As much fun and action packed as the smaller maps can be, trudging across a map the size of Nebraska, only to be picked off by a sniper, or shot by a seemingly INVINCIBLE helicopter just doesn't seem like an enjoyable multiplayer experience to me. Campaign = YAWN.
  48. Jan 31, 2012
    I play a lot of FPS on Xbox 360. I gave this a very low score; here is why:
    1) I bought this to play multiplayer with friends. The servers put us on different teams 100% of the time... there's a "switch team" option, but it typically says "you can't" do it. 2) Big learning curve, no tutorial, rotten interface, no instructions except random online wikis players have written.
    I play a lot of FPS on Xbox 360. I gave this a very low score; here is why:
    3) Cheaters...

That pretty much sums up why I sold my copy...
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    Well... They said it will be awesome, new and i expected for something more. Game is bugged and it annoys me most. Mouse problems, Graphic problems (i mean green screen, problems with some newest graphic cards) or Battlelog. Im dissatisfied.
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    A disappointment of epic proportions, I was expecting game of the year stuff. The campaign and co-op modes are tacked on just so no one can compain they did not exist. Multiplayer feels good when it works well, but the stupid browser based Battlelog system and the time it takes to get into a game alongwith lack of decent chat options (in a game where co-ordination is so stressed upon)A disappointment of epic proportions, I was expecting game of the year stuff. The campaign and co-op modes are tacked on just so no one can compain they did not exist. Multiplayer feels good when it works well, but the stupid browser based Battlelog system and the time it takes to get into a game alongwith lack of decent chat options (in a game where co-ordination is so stressed upon) spoils the experience. People rant on about how great the jets are, but no one knows how to fly one and they rarely add to the team's score. Also people rant on about how great the 64-player action is but all it is is really a big chaotic mess where no one knows what the hell to do. Expand
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    pros: nice visuals. vehicles in mp are good

cons: singleplayer is lifted almost directly form the mw series, mp battles are slow and only 5 maps? really?
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    O jogo é lento, a história é ruim, falta emoção e a inteligência artificial é fraca, de modo que o jogo é massivo e chato, os gráficos são bons, mas a jogabilidade é ruim.
  53. Jan 13, 2013
    One year+ after release, ZERO true bugs have been fixed. This is one "AAA" game that hasn't provided any true support. They only provide "balance adjustments" which means, they play with numbers on a .txt file for half an hour with their coffee. Since the release, the entire team moved onto BF4 and fast-made DLCs. As a result, many people paid over 100$ on average. DICE's PR guy said,One year+ after release, ZERO true bugs have been fixed. This is one "AAA" game that hasn't provided any true support. They only provide "balance adjustments" which means, they play with numbers on a .txt file for half an hour with their coffee. Since the release, the entire team moved onto BF4 and fast-made DLCs. As a result, many people paid over 100$ on average. DICE's PR guy said, "this is business" but he meant between DICE and investors. He mentioned nothing about the customers who don't receive any support, but they do receive an unpolished product. Haven't the gamers had enough already? This is how gamers lost the "right" for a properly released game, long time ago. Now, we're gonna lose the right even for after-sale support. They just release games with hundreds of bugs and glitches, and nothing is going on! I won't even mention about the horrible Single Player part of the game. Generally unacceptable and hence the negative rating. I'm trying to objective and wish the best for us, the gamers. I didn't pay for "premium" cause I thought, that way I'd support their model. Expand
  54. Nov 11, 2011
    Single player game. Looks very very impressive, they are graphics outstanding. Unfortunately game play (which, letâ
  55. Nov 11, 2011
    I have not seen so epic failure at longer time. Dice promised to do something incredible, from which all the gamers of the world will barf a rainbow, but in fact we got a piece of crude, dull **** Where is the promised fantastic graphics, where's the interesting gameplay, where's the exciting singleplayer? We have nothing. But there is Battlelog - the most idiotic thing in the history ofI have not seen so epic failure at longer time. Dice promised to do something incredible, from which all the gamers of the world will barf a rainbow, but in fact we got a piece of crude, dull **** Where is the promised fantastic graphics, where's the interesting gameplay, where's the exciting singleplayer? We have nothing. But there is Battlelog - the most idiotic thing in the history of gaming. Dice need to focus on creating good games, not to insult competitors Expand
  56. Nov 11, 2011
    Despite playing on a PC that exceeds all requirements (I7 920, 8GB, 6870x2 2GB) I've had two weeks of stuttering graphics that rendered it unplayable. Solved that by manually configuring a pagefile and was able to play for enough time to be disapointed that there is less game here than BF2. Maps are smaller and less interesting, there are bugs everywhere. No VOIP, no ping informationDespite playing on a PC that exceeds all requirements (I7 920, 8GB, 6870x2 2GB) I've had two weeks of stuttering graphics that rendered it unplayable. Solved that by manually configuring a pagefile and was able to play for enough time to be disapointed that there is less game here than BF2. Maps are smaller and less interesting, there are bugs everywhere. No VOIP, no ping information available in game, no commander. cluttered screen, sniper shotguns! List goes on. Periodically its impossible to join a game due to "you have been disconnected from ea online". Strangely the beta ran fine for me... Overall its not even close to release quality. Last purchase I make from EA/Dice Expand
  57. Nov 11, 2011
    The best Battlefield game in the history is Battlefield 2, ever. Battlefield 3 is not a good sequel to Battlefield 2 because the Dice team worked hard and made a beautiful game, but they forgot the meaning of the words "improve" and "Battlefield 2". Battlefield 3 should be the modernized and direct evolution version of Battlefield 2 and not a completely new and so different game. PeopleThe best Battlefield game in the history is Battlefield 2, ever. Battlefield 3 is not a good sequel to Battlefield 2 because the Dice team worked hard and made a beautiful game, but they forgot the meaning of the words "improve" and "Battlefield 2". Battlefield 3 should be the modernized and direct evolution version of Battlefield 2 and not a completely new and so different game. People are playing Battlefield 3 and saying that is the best game in the series but this is a lie. Wait a few months to see a change of opinion, when the fever of Battlefield 3 has passed and those same people will stop comparing Modern Warfare 3 with Battlefield 3. No Battlefield game will have the same experience of Modern Warfare and vice versa. These two franchises are completely different and for those who have not noticed, Battlefield 2 is a War Simulator, more realistic and complete than any other war game. As we would say, a Gran Turismo of shooter games. Battlefield 3 is good, fast, modern, has an updated arsenal, great looking BUT.. you will play it for hours and you will not have that "Battlefield 2 feel" . In other words, you will not feel that has found your place in the battle. And that you are part of a team and an Army. These things, my friend, make Battlefield 2 better than any other FPS game outhere! I personally expected more of Battlefield 3 and I not believed when I saw this game was not a sequence. No commander, terrible aircrafts, bad spot and squad features AND the huge hole in BF3: the Battlelog Server Browser, most uncomfortable feature I have ever seen for years! DICE have so much time to create the sequel to Battlefield 2 and the help of Frostbyte Engine of Bad Company 2 and yet, they release a game full of errors, because even change the configuration of the mouse or joystick in the game can be a problem! You press a button on the mouse and nothing happens! I really sorry, I am a Battlefield 2 core fan, and in my point of view, this game stinks! This game is not worthy of fame and big sales he is having. Wake up people!! Buy Battlefield 2, buy Modern Warfare 3, buy Crysis 2, but don't buy **** because it will stinks later! Expand
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    Very horrible game, origin puts viruses on your computer, and downloads your files.

Game is not as good as good as they said it was, the trailer and all the video are a lie, it's buggy, filled with cheaters and retarded admins.

Stay away.
  59. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo buggy its boring and repetitive no fun rubbish garbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage
  60. Aug 24, 2012
    Screwed over by EA/Dice, changed in game content drop to pure content drop and gave us PICTURES.
    Obviously could not be bothered and have made their money - now just going through the motions and delivering any old tarp in an effort to meet their commitments. Glad I found out now about to pre order MOH, special editions not worth anything anymore.

Never again.
  61. Nov 12, 2011
    general assessment: the graph of the game is simply fantastic and the sound is just as good.
    The interesting thing about this "revolution" is that it pushes the next game to another level and that is good for us players. Regarding the sound, I just remember another game that made â
  62. Nov 12, 2011
    For a game that's has amazing graphics, DICE has sure made it in a way that it affects playing the game negatively. There is such a thing as too much glare and lightning, there is such a thing as too much screen shaking from a grenade exploding across the map. Campaign was boring, drawn out, more linear than Final Fantasy 13 and it was just utter pointless. MP is alright when it works butFor a game that's has amazing graphics, DICE has sure made it in a way that it affects playing the game negatively. There is such a thing as too much glare and lightning, there is such a thing as too much screen shaking from a grenade exploding across the map. Campaign was boring, drawn out, more linear than Final Fantasy 13 and it was just utter pointless. MP is alright when it works but with rampant day 1 cheaters and DICE's choice to use PUNKBUSTER the situation wont get better anytime soon. PC port has it's problems, especially for a FPS that's suppose to be played using a mouse and keyboard but the console versions of BF3 are superior without a doubt. I feel as if I paid more than I should have for a game that I know I was only going to play for MP, especially since DICE made it so obvious that they slacked off on the PC port and the single player. Disappointed greatly Expand
  63. Nov 13, 2011
    EA sold out. Battlefield tries to emulate COD, instead of being its own game.Reeks of if you can't beat them, join them. Come back when you're going to make an original game dice, rather than emulating someone else.
  64. Nov 13, 2011
    Waste of money and absolute failure. Lets start with it its not BF type game, it feels more like Quake/Unreal Torunament (run and shoot them) this is how it was designed to emulate CoD,MW.The contrast and bloom in the game is absolutly hideous, it blinds you from every direction and lens flare and laser scopes, flashlights all into your eyes if its not enough to blind you.IRNV scope ruinsWaste of money and absolute failure. Lets start with it its not BF type game, it feels more like Quake/Unreal Torunament (run and shoot them) this is how it was designed to emulate CoD,MW.The contrast and bloom in the game is absolutly hideous, it blinds you from every direction and lens flare and laser scopes, flashlights all into your eyes if its not enough to blind you.IRNV scope ruins the game, its a 'Predator mode' forget about hiding people see you with this scope from other part of them map !!!! No need to hide because YOU CAN NOT HIDE - you light up like Christmas Tree, everybody sees you ! Without the scope its very difficult to see enemies because they are too dark and there is too much contrast so everybody runs in the 'Predator Mode' aka Noob Mode.There is autohealing for vehicles and soldiers, game is incredibly dumbed down - just run and spray.No tactics, no possibility to hide,to sneak etc.Maps are very weak and too small.Origin spyware is uncomfortable to use you need to quit/start game anytime you want to change server. And its all because they didnt make BF3 they made some CoD/MW clone to try to make more money. But they failed. Battlefield is dead. Expand
  65. Nov 13, 2011
    Great graphics although the constant frame issues, the pathetic unfinished multiplayer, the **** that is Origin and Battlelog give the game a terrible experience. To be honest gameplay can be fun but man seeing everyone run to a damn vehicle is pure stupidity. Then there are constant server issues. You know you pulled out so many Alphas and Betas and could have fixed this. Not trying to beGreat graphics although the constant frame issues, the pathetic unfinished multiplayer, the **** that is Origin and Battlelog give the game a terrible experience. To be honest gameplay can be fun but man seeing everyone run to a damn vehicle is pure stupidity. Then there are constant server issues. You know you pulled out so many Alphas and Betas and could have fixed this. Not trying to be a hater but makes me feel like they focused more on the Frostbite 2 engine then anything else. Expand
  66. Nov 13, 2011
    I had a lot of high hopes and did fall into the wave of hype. Now that I own the game and have played it since release, I feel that I've been taken for a ride. It may look a little better than BFBC2, but it really is the same game. Yes there are different maps and I can see my boots when I jump over a fence....but..... The single player campaign is terrible and very very very short.I had a lot of high hopes and did fall into the wave of hype. Now that I own the game and have played it since release, I feel that I've been taken for a ride. It may look a little better than BFBC2, but it really is the same game. Yes there are different maps and I can see my boots when I jump over a fence....but..... The single player campaign is terrible and very very very short. The only thing that made it feel longer was the stupid keystrokes to get through certain maps (hit space, then left mouse botton). Man I miss the old BF days when you had the enemy AI drones running around. Multiplayer is larger, but that is it. The interface is awful, looks and feels disjointed from the game. Since there are so many other posts about gliches and poor release quality, I'm not going there. Overall, diappointed. Expand
  67. Apr 9, 2012
    I played this game trought in singleplayer. I also tested out Multiplayer. Let´s go over basics. This game has awesome graphics and overall layout over. It´s pure eye candy and lovely in that. Why such low rating? Well singleplayer started out amazing...Sick start that caught attention...Sadly that´s it. Another "terrorists has the nuke" game. II played this game trought in singleplayer. I also tested out Multiplayer. Let´s go over basics. This game has awesome graphics and overall layout over. It´s pure eye candy and lovely in that. Why such low rating? Well singleplayer started out amazing...Sick start that caught attention...Sadly that´s it. Another "terrorists has the nuke" game. I choose normal difficulty and most of the time i got myself killed. Quess that is the reality of war, you are stupid and die...It was boring. Overall campaing left me bored and i quited it couple of times before finishing. Like bad company 2, most of it just repeated itself over and over. Multiplayer wise game is awesome, sadly i dont enjoy that type of gameplay. It´s awesome, but not for me. Was some solid action for couple of hours, but that´s it. Expand
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    Only 4/10, Why? Not good singleplayer. Stupid history, but amazing graphic, good soundtrack,good sound.
    I don't like BF's multiplayer, so i rate only singleplayer.
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm just gonna give this review because I'm childish and like to bash other, more succesfull games than the ones I play (end of sarcasm here)

The developers aimed for a realistic gameplay as opposed to the more 'arcade' type gameplay. To be honest, I don't like it, the graphics are really cartoony, not realistic. You have to pump a whole mag into someone to kill em and get into vehicles to be competitive, seriously is this for real? The whole 'everything can be destroyed' is the only thing new in this series, but not even worth one point, because it's about the gamplay, not the ability to destroy buildings. In my opinion it's more worth it to spend your time on the the bigger game in this genre, because unlike what the BF3 fanboys giving 0 points to MW3 seem to suggest, it's a great game.
  70. Feb 9, 2014
    This is a review of the singleplayer and co-op only. Both modes are absolutely terrible. Coop is short and none of the missions are fun at all, to add to the pain they completely lack checkpoints and, like the main campaign, have quick time events. So, if you miss a quick time event at the end of a level, you have to start it all over again. The sniper mission is particularly bad. TheThis is a review of the singleplayer and co-op only. Both modes are absolutely terrible. Coop is short and none of the missions are fun at all, to add to the pain they completely lack checkpoints and, like the main campaign, have quick time events. So, if you miss a quick time event at the end of a level, you have to start it all over again. The sniper mission is particularly bad. The singleplayer story is contrived and nonsensical. I had no idea what was going on and honestly I didn't give a damn. None of the missions were any fun. Even the tank mission was quite boring. It's filled up scripted events and other CoD bull crap. I didn't bother playing the multiplayer since it's yet another modern themed shooter and I have way too many of those to begin with. Pass on this garbage. Expand
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    Battlelog ruins this game. I understand that the singleplayer is little more than an extended tutorial.I would have loved to write a review about the actual game because I'm sure it's quite good. Lack of server browser and so on. R.I.P old BF welkome new COD friend.
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    I do not understand why everybody thinking that game is nice, super, great itc. In my opinion this is medium game. I do not like bf3!!!!! Sound effects is so bad, but graphics is ok.
  73. Nov 14, 2011
    Graphics are intense, sounds are intense but sadly the game lost most of its defining characteristics as a Battlefield game due to marketing influence. Almost every major change that differentiates this game from its predecessor was made to cater to the console market as well as to those who prefer the more fast paced gaming that usually resides there (as in Call of Duty). AutoGraphics are intense, sounds are intense but sadly the game lost most of its defining characteristics as a Battlefield game due to marketing influence. Almost every major change that differentiates this game from its predecessor was made to cater to the console market as well as to those who prefer the more fast paced gaming that usually resides there (as in Call of Duty). Auto regenerative health on both soldiers and vehicles, small squads with no real tactical capabilities all lead to a game where everyone is a one man army and who rarely coordinates their actions with the rest of the team. This is even more hindered by the fact that there isn't the same voice chat functionality that existed in Battlefield 2, in fact the game has no voice chat support at all on the PC.

These glaring omissions of core teamwork related components has made a game that is far more like a sequel to Bad Company 2 (BC2), than Battlefield 2 (BF2). This is furthered by the inclusion of Rush mode a BC2 creation, smaller squad sizes (BF2 had 6 man squads, BC2 has 4 man squads) and auto-regenerative health (BC2 had this, BF2 did not).

Other changes seem to cater directly to the console crowd, the heavier grind to unlock weapon attachments by making each weapon unlock separately, auto-regenerative vehicle health, no time out on engineer repairs (in both BC2 and BF2 there was a limit with a small cool down prior to being able to repair again), points awarded for doing little to nothing at all.

The maps also are far more linear and restrictive than typical BF2 maps and the city environments some of the most restrictive with selective destruction and limited usable buildings.

All of this coupled with the Origin and Battlelog requirements makes this game far less appealing than it should be and sadly is one that I returned.
  74. Nov 15, 2011
    LOL!!!! EA bought critics and hired people for bad user's reviews for CoD MW3. BF3 has Bug on Bug, not finished and still raw, but it have so "Wonderful" reviews. It's so obviously, that EA just use black piar for their money makig machine, parasite on franchise.
  75. Nov 15, 2011
    Dissapointing short single player mode , so the graphic i expected better.
    Nice climatic multiplayer mode. I thing the things reach limits are to small.I would like to play longer to ecomplish a target. Very hard to fly jets. Very easy to destroy a tank with bazooka .
    Why soldiers survive hit in chest with dragunow ?
  76. Nov 16, 2011
    Battlefied 3 - is a pathetic parody of Call Of Duty. The plot is identical to the campaign in Call Of Duty: Black Ops, special operations copied from Modern Warfare 2. The only plus is the multiplayer, but it's full of bugs and flaws. EA and Dice have to work and work.
  77. Nov 16, 2011
    Realism just doesn't seem to work for a game. It ruins all the fun, which is why I chose MW3 over BF3. MW3 is fun and fast-paced, and you'll play it a lot longer than you think. As for Battlefield 3, there's nothing to unlock. Basically the game remains on the same level from start to end. You start to feel frustrated along the game, because it feels like you're stuck and you're notRealism just doesn't seem to work for a game. It ruins all the fun, which is why I chose MW3 over BF3. MW3 is fun and fast-paced, and you'll play it a lot longer than you think. As for Battlefield 3, there's nothing to unlock. Basically the game remains on the same level from start to end. You start to feel frustrated along the game, because it feels like you're stuck and you're not reaching anything. You're not being rewarded. No titles, no emblems, nothing. It's boring. Expand
  78. Nov 16, 2011
    The game is a gutted shell missing half the best features of the series. The awesome graphics engine is let down by the graphics which have been butchered by overdone contrast, global tinting, excessive light glare, flare, and bloom.
    The game features less of everything that matters, factions, maps, maps are smaller, less control points, less vehicles, less classes, etc. etc. Sure new content is there but in no way can it account for what is missing.
    The single player and coop are nothing compared to the original sp and coop of the series. They do little to prepare you for the actual mp gameplay. While they do demonstrate the capabilities of the game, they are a very poor cousin of the original game modes.
    It is much more closer to the Bad Company series and even carries all of the unresolved bugs of the Bad Company series. It's a good game - sure, but that's a let down when an epic game was expected.
  79. May 16, 2012
    Battlefield games used to be about using your skills, the vehicles and the environment to play a strategic way to finish of a round so that your team will get the victory. Now with Battlefield 3 that is thrown in the dumpster. Now Battlefield is about as strategic as a fish bowl animation. Bought the game at launch and it took almost 2 week before the game was playable during to the factBattlefield games used to be about using your skills, the vehicles and the environment to play a strategic way to finish of a round so that your team will get the victory. Now with Battlefield 3 that is thrown in the dumpster. Now Battlefield is about as strategic as a fish bowl animation. Bought the game at launch and it took almost 2 week before the game was playable during to the fact that you must have a online connection to play the game, Even the singleplayer mode yes. The multiplayer is almost Modern Warfareish with bigger maps and not that fun to play actually. +Graphics
    +Audio

-No commander mode
    -Server issues from hell
    -No strategic gameplay elements
    -Horrible game balance between vehicles and infantery, yes it's more real but less fun because it takes a billion rockets to blow up a tank.
    -No battlerecorder even thou it's announced
    -Non interesting singleplayer.
  80. Nov 19, 2011
    I buy this game from pre order, and i feel now like i waste a lot of money. I usually don`t have much time to play, so i prefer to play 3-4 games in MW3 multi than run 8-9 miles straight to see 5 peoples... This game have horrible high system requirements, i have great computer, but i don`t like when i shoot someone because my opponent plays on low setting... MW3 maybe is on old engineI buy this game from pre order, and i feel now like i waste a lot of money. I usually don`t have much time to play, so i prefer to play 3-4 games in MW3 multi than run 8-9 miles straight to see 5 peoples... This game have horrible high system requirements, i have great computer, but i don`t like when i shoot someone because my opponent plays on low setting... MW3 maybe is on old engine etc. but it`s much faster and more enjoyable. ; ) Expand
  81. Nov 19, 2011
    This game has graphics so divine, that in order to run it smoothly, it appears that no other programs that may come into conflict with it can be installed on the machine. The multiplayer gameplay and graphics are amazing, the best I have seen in any game, but these are worthless if the game takes 10 tries to join a server, and crashes occur frequently. This game also has the uniqueThis game has graphics so divine, that in order to run it smoothly, it appears that no other programs that may come into conflict with it can be installed on the machine. The multiplayer gameplay and graphics are amazing, the best I have seen in any game, but these are worthless if the game takes 10 tries to join a server, and crashes occur frequently. This game also has the unique ability to "generate" crashes based on calendar dates. Your machine can be sitting idle and one day it would have no crashes, and the next it might generate a cool crash, and some time later, a new unique crash would occur. This program has expanded my computer knowledge by showing me legendary-pokemon-rarity crashes of great magnitudes of awe and amazement. I am truly blessed to witness a failure in such unmatched proportions.

On top of this, the amount of security clearance required to run the game is ridiculous. You must disable antivirus for battlelog to work and lower User Control Settings lowest to stop any potential crashes, and despite all this, the game's ability to generate crashes prevails. I have not spent more time "fixing" a game than this one.

All in all, the game is a good, but before you purchase it, you need to assess your risk. There is a high risk that your machine will not run the game, or will run the game, but crash out frequently. You also run the risk of being hacked (unlikely, but very possible). If your machine runs the game fine, then the game would score a healthy 8-9/10, but if there is any technical difficulties (highly likely), that score would decrease to 0. Weighing into it the probability of technical difficulties, I give a 2.
  82. Nov 19, 2011
    Given the state of this game, now I understand why BF3 released a Beta before the BF3 or MW3 release. BF3 is loaded with bugs, to include serious video issues; I cannot play using SLI. Very demanding game as hardware is concerned. Spawn camping makes multiplayer unplayable. I just wasted 60 bucks for this garbage that looks great!
  83. Nov 19, 2011
    Terribly superficial and overdone. This game focuses on looking good, very superficial. Graphics are nothing, having played MW3 the graphics may not be the best they can be (it doesnt matter) but the gameplay itself is smoother and MUCH more enjoyable. I dont play a video game for realism thats just plain stupid. Anyone who says BF3 is better cos its more realistic are seriously fools,Terribly superficial and overdone. This game focuses on looking good, very superficial. Graphics are nothing, having played MW3 the graphics may not be the best they can be (it doesnt matter) but the gameplay itself is smoother and MUCH more enjoyable. I dont play a video game for realism thats just plain stupid. Anyone who says BF3 is better cos its more realistic are seriously fools, neither game is realistic get a grip. Expand
  84. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm a big fan on Battlefield but both Bad Companys and this abomination are not worthy enough to wear the name Battlefield. Everyone who voted 10 have obviously never played real FPS games.
  85. Nov 21, 2011
    Where are the bots? Where is the 4+player coop?

I feel I need to write this view as a big group of gamers are being ignored in relation to this game and many other FPS games. COOP gamers that want to play as a team against the computer. I greatly enjoyed playing the other games in the franchise, particularly 1942 and Vietnam as I would play the vs bot modes with my friends for many
    Where are the bots? Where is the 4+player coop?

I greatly enjoyed playing the other games in the franchise, particularly 1942 and Vietnam as I would play the vs bot modes with my friends for many hours. This latest version has a pretty dreadful 2 player only coop mode and no bot mode like the other games had. I find this disappointing. I admit I am not the best player in the world, nor the worst but I find the player vs player modes too frustrating on this game and get fed up of being killed without even seeing where the shot came from.

EA if you want to see what consumer base you are missing out on having as customers, look at world of warcraft for example. It is a game with both player vs computer and player vs player modes. Which is more popular? Player vs computer.

This is made all the more frustrating by the fact this game looks incredible, sounds incredible, has great vehicles and weapons. Unless I am willing to partake in the steepest learning curve ever and get repeatedly destroyed by some 'uber' 13 year old I am basically unable to take advantage of this.

This makes this game the most frustrating currently in existence.
  86. Nov 21, 2011
    I enjoyed previous BF titles and was looking forward to getting my derriere kicked in this one too. However I do not pay £30+ for the privilege of EA giving me a digital cavity search. As long as spyware and ham-fisted installation procedures are compulsory with EA titles I'll take my business elsewhere.
  87. Nov 22, 2011
    10 points why it's 0

1. BF3 is no successor of BF2. 2. Single Player feels like a Movie sequel's, there's no depth just a sell out of big explosion and lots of disorientating camera movement that tricks the average joe. 3. It's using Punk buster 4. Battlelog 5. Origin 6. Exploits are welcomed in this game and not quickly patched 7. Bugs are not patched up in a timely manner, the service
    10 points why it's 0

1. BF3 is no successor of BF2.
    3. It's using Punk buster
    4. Battlelog
    5. Origin
    6. Exploits are welcomed in this game and not quickly patched
    7. Bugs are not patched up in a timely manner, the service to the game is poor
    8. Disconnections
    9. Stuttering
    10. Character movement and feel is inferior to Call of Duty. It is heavy and very slow.

There's little to make up from this game and I don't care about how graphically insane it is. Unplayable is just unplayable.

This game does warrant a demo and try and buy, however, let me warn everyone their service is lousy and it took them 6 months plus to clean out Bad Company 2 and that started off better than BF3. BF3 started off way worse...be warned it maybe a year and a dead community before it can be considered clean.
  88. Nov 22, 2011
    I was really looking foward to this game, but it kinda disappointed me. It is an OK game but apart from the graphics, there wasn't very much that convinced me to keep playing.
  89. Jul 12, 2012
    This game is not very good. I found it disappointing after bad company 2. Multiplayer maps are not interesting. As a newbie having to play against 500+ hour veterans is very frustrating.
  90. Gar
    Jul 14, 2012
    So I waited nearly 9 months to buy this game, finally I would get to play a Battlefield game that has been balanced with patches. Well, thats what I tought. Reality is this is my worst battlefield expirience ever. First of all, it took me 3 days to actually get the game started. Since Origin is a worthless piece of junk, my account registeration failed 2 times in a row. I made an account,So I waited nearly 9 months to buy this game, finally I would get to play a Battlefield game that has been balanced with patches. Well, thats what I tought. Reality is this is my worst battlefield expirience ever. First of all, it took me 3 days to actually get the game started. Since Origin is a worthless piece of junk, my account registeration failed 2 times in a row. I made an account, no error messages. I couldn't login so I tought they must have sent me a confirmation email of something and waited a day for that. Nothing happened so I made another account. Same thing. I decided to disable my firewall and try again. Magically a new screen appeared after registeration and it worked. How incompetant do you have to be to write a piece of software that doesnt work with a firewall and doesn't give an error message when it fails to connecto to EAs servers? Fine EA, I wont ever use Origin again. Steam FTW.

Now to the game. You would think that after months of patching the game would be pretty balanced and good. NOPE. Battlefield players always complain if their precious tank/helicopter can actually be destroyed. DICE has once again folded and made jets/helicopters impossible to hit with an RPG. Maybe the balance would be ok IF the pilots were newbies playing with a keyboard and mouse. Guess what DICE. After 9 months only hardcore players are left and pilots are using joysticks and know every trick in the book after playing the game for 100-300 hours. If you are like me and want to play battlefield as infantry, STAY AWAY from this game. To make matters worse, EA/DICE dont run official servers anymore so most servers are fan run servers with rules that make the balance even worse. Rounds that last for hours, faster vehicle spaws, ban if you use and RPG and so on.

But perhaps the worst offender in this game are the maps. They are so large that you cant do anything without vehicles. There are also so few maps that you cant arrord not liking a map. A map can be used with 3 different names for different modes, but the level is the same. Metro for example is just a camp fest, because of poor design. The game always stops in the same hallway, because there arent proper flanking possibilities. EA did the same as Activision did with COD. Start the series by shipping with tons of maps and only sell a few as DLC. Now both have started shipping the game with less and less maps and ripping you off by selling overprice map packs. I'm not going to buy back to karkand, close quarters or BF premium, because I hate the game. Give me more free maps and I might actually like the game if they are any good. Then I might buy DLC. I wont however support you ripping me off, EA.

Coming in as newbie is made even more frustrating by the awful unlock system. Not only am I playing an unbalanced game, I'm playing it against players with hundreds of hours of expirience and way better equipment. NO anti-air RPG is really nice when the enemy has air dominance. Need to play for hours to unlock even the most basic equipment. Reflex sight for example is a weapon specific unlock.

Pros
    - Looks nice

Cons
    - Origin...
    - Unbalanced (air vehicles are overpowered)
    - Frustrating, because of ridiculously slow unlocks
    - Not nearly enough maps and vanilla version maps are bad (be prepared to pay for back to karkand if you want any content)

So my advice is, buy all the content you can for Battlefield Bad Company 2 instead of buying this awful sequel. I put in over 100 hours into BC2 and loved every minute of it. BF3 at its best struggles to match BC2 at its worst. Bad Company is the proper refined version of the BF formula. BF3 goes back to a broken BF formula. Pretty graphics don't make up for a broken game.
  91. Feb 20, 2012
    The player drop off on this game is saying something. I hadn't played in a month until today. EA sent out a questionnaire asking people why they quit playing.

Their questions didn't have the option for 1. The game wasn't what I expected 2. Lack of communication with the player community and patches to fix bugs 3. Bad netcode. Instead, they had 1. The game is too easy 2. The game is

Their questions didn't have the option for

1. The game wasn't what I expected
    2. Lack of communication with the player community and patches to fix bugs
    3. Bad netcode.

Instead, they had

1. The game is too easy
    2. The game is too hard
    3. I want more DLC

Based on the upcoming patch, I think most people selected #2. Watering the game down more.

I expected so much out of this game, but it ended up being a conglomeration of BF2, BC2, COD and MOH that didn't "NAIL IT" on anything except a great running graphics engine and the greatest number of promises not delivered in any game I have ever bought.

As for netcode, most modern games use a hybrid server/client hit detection model that works quite well. There are even free to play games that have better net code than BF3, which is just appalling. Previous BF games were bad because they were server side only - with clients only having the option to increase or lower interpolation. With pure client-side netcode, you get seemingly random deaths, opponents that die extremely slowly, and all kinds of other annoying frustrations.

I've waited for months for those patches to come, but I've realized some of them never will. They'll never update the net code to a better model. They'll never increase the destruction to make certain maps like Bazaar and Metro more fun and less explosive spammy. They'll never add in-game voice (another thing common in many F2P games from small companies) And they'll never address another greater issue with the heart of the game - the vehicles are lackluster in implementation and integration into the balance of the game. They'll feel like an afterthought that was just thrown in haphazardly. They made an infantry fighting game out of a large-scale war game. And even that is poor because of the bad netcode.

Sure, some bug fixes have come along.. They fixed the bugs that were in the beta that they said were already fixed for the game launch. Like the laggy servers, falling through the world on metro, gadgets flat out not working...

But it's really just been one huge let down. I can't say I'll be buying BF4 or BC3 or anything. I've learned my lesson that PR likes to make false promises and do anything to drum up hype. They flat out lie sometimes. I just don't know what to expect when I buy a game from EA. There's no assurance of quality. They don't realize that many are already boycotting them. I wouldn't say I'm boycotting them, it's more like someone who has burned their hand on a hot stove being cautious about touching it again.
  92. Nov 25, 2011
    If this game actually launched even after their patch, I could rate it on it's merits, but so far it has none. If any sane person was working at EA, they wouldn't of launched one of the biggest games of the year with a spyware like launcher like Origin (beta), yes that's right it says beta, it is software that is still in the testing stages yet, they make it a must have to play BF3, didIf this game actually launched even after their patch, I could rate it on it's merits, but so far it has none. If any sane person was working at EA, they wouldn't of launched one of the biggest games of the year with a spyware like launcher like Origin (beta), yes that's right it says beta, it is software that is still in the testing stages yet, they make it a must have to play BF3, did the Project manager for EA ride the shortbus to work? Really, Coupling BF3 with a beta version launch software is a big fail for EA, and I still can't play the damn game. Expand
  93. Nov 25, 2011
    This game is a waste of money! I even pre-orderd it because of the critics. Then when i play the game it turns out they sold me a piece of **** The lighting in this game is the worst ever created and known to mankind. The flashlights will blend you in daylight a freaking mile away. The guns feel all the same. They have the worst game-searching system. It took me half an hour just to find aThis game is a waste of money! I even pre-orderd it because of the critics. Then when i play the game it turns out they sold me a piece of **** The lighting in this game is the worst ever created and known to mankind. The flashlights will blend you in daylight a freaking mile away. The guns feel all the same. They have the worst game-searching system. It took me half an hour just to find a match. It lags all the time and the vehicles are too overpowered. Save your money and don't buy this crap. Expand
  94. Nov 26, 2011
    I give this a 2, not because of the game play which I find great but because of all technical glitches I have had to play this game when every other game that I have including MW3, works. I haven't been able to play BF3 since the last patch.
  95. Jun 5, 2015
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a aaaaaaaaaa a
  96. Nov 29, 2011
    Let me start by saying that EA is one of the worst companies out there mostly because of their incredibly bad customer support. I downloaded the game when it was half of and was excited as hell since I just purchased a $1000 rig to pay this game and was sorely disappointed when after updating all my drivers and making sure my PC was up to date with the latest software, The game cam up withLet me start by saying that EA is one of the worst companies out there mostly because of their incredibly bad customer support. I downloaded the game when it was half of and was excited as hell since I just purchased a $1000 rig to pay this game and was sorely disappointed when after updating all my drivers and making sure my PC was up to date with the latest software, The game cam up with a "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" error. After over 3+ hours of EA "support" they finally told me that my realtek onboard audio was prohibiting the game from running. In an attempt to call Bull I uninstalled my realtek audio drivers and disabled my onboard audio and it still wouldn't work. I have also tried all the "fixes" out there on the internet but still no dice. Until EA/DICE fixes this, this game gets a 0.

P.S. I have a 6870 and a Phenom II X4 and 8GB Ram, should run fine.
  97. Nov 30, 2011
    Wow, what a sick joke this game is. Let me sum it up: Screen is flickering, flashing and shaking like crazy. The gun play feels just wrong. I don't believe one second, that those burst-orgies are realistic. Maps are poorly designed and so are the game modes. Lets take a look at rush: did you remember, in bc2 there was always one mcom station in a destructible house or something? In bf3,Wow, what a sick joke this game is. Let me sum it up: Screen is flickering, flashing and shaking like crazy. The gun play feels just wrong. I don't believe one second, that those burst-orgies are realistic. Maps are poorly designed and so are the game modes. Lets take a look at rush: did you remember, in bc2 there was always one mcom station in a destructible house or something? In bf3, its not. Destruction isn't an integral part of the game anymore which leads me to the most important problem of bf3... the camping. Every map is won by camping which makes it a really unsatisfying and boring multiplayer experience. After about 20 to 40 hours of game play you'll manage to get good at this but although, you'll find yourself easily in top 5, you are recognising, that you haven't had any fun at all.

Considering origin as the most evil piece of software in the history of men, I'll give the biggest fail of 2011 a zero out of 10. Nicely done DICE.
  98. Dec 2, 2011
    I'd like to start saying i wish there was a satisfaction guarantee return policy for this game. I'd definitely use it. Someone in game referred to it as 'a piece of s#!t rolled in glitter'. Pretty harsh, but once you get past how good the game looks, BFBC2 was a much better game. Better maps, mostly better weapons, and sniper class has taken a fall with scope glint, no magnum ammo, and theI'd like to start saying i wish there was a satisfaction guarantee return policy for this game. I'd definitely use it. Someone in game referred to it as 'a piece of s#!t rolled in glitter'. Pretty harsh, but once you get past how good the game looks, BFBC2 was a much better game. Better maps, mostly better weapons, and sniper class has taken a fall with scope glint, no magnum ammo, and the new bullet drop animation can be a nuisance to tell where the bullet is hitting. The game has frequent issues such as 'stopped working' which i've noticed has been an issue for some people since launch, yet all they offer in response is 'google chrome's fault, or x-fire's fault'. Essentially what could have been a great game is still fairly beta quality, presumably due to trying to release before MW3. While this move may have worked for sales of this game, it will hurt long time followers of the battlefield series who, at this point, want nothing more to do with them. Expand
  99. Dec 2, 2011
    It's incredible to see such a system on a PC game !!!
    Origin, browser, plugin browser, impossible to change your nickname, a EA service.... hummm. I prefer stop here.
    It's not the game which is really bad, it's the global system all around. intolerable.
  100. Dec 3, 2011
    the game started with a lot of potential and I loved it at first. (I solely point my arrows on the multiplayer) everything seemed balanced, I needed to find my place in the chaos.

but once I found my place in the chaos I found al those little things that bugged me. 1. jets are practically indestructible when there isnt A) a anti air vehicle present B) another good pilot c) a **** load of engineers with stingers.
    2. engineers should be nerfed or make all classes engineers. the reason I say this is that they can kill everything. they can equip mines and rockets. there carbines are insane. they are what you say one man army's
    3. recons are raped in this game, I played recon in BC2 and its a difficult class to play I loved the snipes across the map considering the bullet drop and determing the path the player would walk. the mortar was a game turner. what we get now is the soflam only usefull when there is a engineer with a stinger. and is paying attention. and that is the problem with this multiplayer game, they expect it to be teambased combat. but it isnt most of the players are lonewolfs. one can blame the players. I blame the developer for creating a environment which allows this. I am still a fan of minus points. are you being a dickhead and you want to kill a lot of ppl instead of getting to the target you get a penalty. that is what I call realistic. in the army they arent happy with triggerhappy nutsacks.

last thing I have to say is that the so called destruction in this game is at a minimum, remember in bc2 where you can level almost a whole map.. that isnt in bf3 and that was for me such a let down. if there was lots of destruction in this game I could live with my earlier made points. but the lack of it , I cant play it anymore it gets on my nerves more then I enjoy it. back to BC2 I say.

It's all a matter of taste, after all. They each provide a certain type of entertainment – when talking about Battlefield 3, it involves a bigger game, more open in its possibilities and more spectacular. But on a longer timeline, less frantic and with fewer Bruce Willis scenes than the mass appeal beast it set itself to dethrone.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    No, Battlefield 3 is not the best game of today. But good looking – definitely. It also has an absolutely addictive multiplayer. Who needs more? [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 4, 2011
    Both a triumphant leap forward and a return to form for the Battlefield series. This is the best multiplayer shooter on PC. [Christmas 2011, p.58]