7.5

1. Nov 11, 2011
    I have had this game since release, and have spent easily over 45 hours in forums and tweaking my brand new BEAST of a pc, and I still get a RANDOM CRASH FREEZE every 2-10mins, that needs a HARD reset! When this game is patched and 99% of the bugs are crushed, this will be a 10/10 game. At present it's way to buggy and not yet worth the price of admission, it's a massive disappointmentI have had this game since release, and have spent easily over 45 hours in forums and tweaking my brand new BEAST of a pc, and I still get a RANDOM CRASH FREEZE every 2-10mins, that needs a HARD reset! When this game is patched and 99% of the bugs are crushed, this will be a 10/10 game. At present it's way to buggy and not yet worth the price of admission, it's a massive disappointment to not be able to play this properly on release with an amazing machine (and yes I have updated the drivers thanks EA/DICE...!! Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    I'm sure that this game was made with the best intentions in mind. The singleplayer looks tight and well made, the multiplayer looks to be the best this year, and the graphics are fantastic. Why, then, did I rate this game so badly? It is, simply, unplayable. Due to bugs still left in the game 2 weeks after release and after beta, the game requires over 2GB vram to be playable at all (thisI'm sure that this game was made with the best intentions in mind. The singleplayer looks tight and well made, the multiplayer looks to be the best this year, and the graphics are fantastic. Why, then, did I rate this game so badly? It is, simply, unplayable. Due to bugs still left in the game 2 weeks after release and after beta, the game requires over 2GB vram to be playable at all (this is not mentioned in the recommended settings, which ask for a paltry 1GB), and without it, the will play smoothly for a few minutes before utilizing all the ram in the computer at once. Leaving a bug in that makes the game unplayable for so long makes me more than a little mad, and so, I am forced to dock more than a few points. Expand
  3. Nov 2, 2011
    Rush maps make bad conquest maps and conquest maps make bad rush maps, sums the game up. There are no real stand out great maps, and the maps designed for other game mods are down right horrible. The destruction and general atmosphere of combat feel like a downgrade from BC2, with bullets to shells not penetrating obstacles that should be trivial and the lighting is just down right ugly.Rush maps make bad conquest maps and conquest maps make bad rush maps, sums the game up. There are no real stand out great maps, and the maps designed for other game mods are down right horrible. The destruction and general atmosphere of combat feel like a downgrade from BC2, with bullets to shells not penetrating obstacles that should be trivial and the lighting is just down right ugly. Infantry combat is well done, vehicles and aircraft are an embarrassment to Dice. All in all a waste of £40. Expand
  4. Nov 29, 2011
    Game itself is an great looking and typical multiplayer, so don't expect any epic storyline in singleplayer - it's rather lazy tutorial. CoD's influence isn't the worst thing in this game, however it's absolutely not my taste. The annoyance is Battlelog, which makes me run internet browser to log in. What an brilliant idea... Seriously., whats next ? Will we have to run Windows MediaGame itself is an great looking and typical multiplayer, so don't expect any epic storyline in singleplayer - it's rather lazy tutorial. CoD's influence isn't the worst thing in this game, however it's absolutely not my taste. The annoyance is Battlelog, which makes me run internet browser to log in. What an brilliant idea... Seriously., whats next ? Will we have to run Windows Media Player in background to hear the sound and music in game ? Thats why i was so "generous" and gave it 4. Expand
  5. Oct 26, 2011
    Visually this game is a 10 but the game play is a step backwards. 99% of people buy Battlefield for the multi-player so I won't even bother with the fail that is single player. Commander? Gone
    Squads remain in the game but are limited to 4 players and all the functionality from before is simply gone. Want to play with 1 or multiple other friends, on the same team, in the same squad? Good luck with that. You can't join the squad of your choice. You can't join a friends squad and they can't join you. You must rely on luck to get in the same squad. In its current state BF3 seems to be designed for the MW2 crowd and they lost their identity in the process.
    To top it off you have to launch the game through a 3rd party web browser. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is that all about?
    BF3 has potential but they need to fix the teamwork features of the game. Every previous battlefield title surpasses BF3 in the team play department.
  6. Jan 13, 2012
    I regret buying this game. First off you should know that this game launches on a 3rd party website. A website not a game, a website that keeps track of all your progress. I bought this game, expecting to play a Battlefield game, yeah didn't happen. All you get is a sad singleplayer experience with a completely unfair, unbalance multiplayer. Where 90% you are outmatch simply because theI regret buying this game. First off you should know that this game launches on a 3rd party website. A website not a game, a website that keeps track of all your progress. I bought this game, expecting to play a Battlefield game, yeah didn't happen. All you get is a sad singleplayer experience with a completely unfair, unbalance multiplayer. Where 90% you are outmatch simply because the opposite player has more equipment than you. There is so much customization that it completely destroys balance. Out of all the Battlefield games I've played, no, out of all the FPS multiplayers I've played this has to be the biggest pile of ridiculous I've been on. Where with previous Battlefield games destruction was a staple in the Battlefield diet it's now just a simple appetizer offering barely any destruction. With the ridiculous amount of customization, limited destruction, and huge maps where it would take hours to actually find any action you are left with just the spawn screen due to the incisive problem of camping. You thought it was bad in *insert game* you have no idea how bad it is in this game. You're expected to find someone prone on the ground in a bush on a map the size of Texas and only after you had to run 3 mile to a place just to get killed, sent back to GO, do not collect $200. Some people may argue "Oh you're not playing it right, be patient, don't leave your base", I bought this game for the action element in a First Person Shooter not a First Person Hide and Seek in a bush for 2 hours. Players on other FPS don't nearly camp this hard, not even in Modern Warfare! Save yourself the trouble and DO NOT waste your money on this game! There are plenty other brand new games coming out and if you were thinking about getting rid of Bad Company 2, DON'T!!! Bad Company 2's multiplayer game-play is 100x better than Battlefield 3. Expand
  7. Mar 19, 2013
    Looks beautiful, but gameplay is not very well thought trough. It allows teams with squads supported by voice communication and superior unlocks simply steamroll the team with random players. No effective autobalancing, no voice chat for the random team... simply turns them into sheep for slaughter for the sake of several people's fun. Also cheap fun... cause winning against team whoLooks beautiful, but gameplay is not very well thought trough. It allows teams with squads supported by voice communication and superior unlocks simply steamroll the team with random players. No effective autobalancing, no voice chat for the random team... simply turns them into sheep for slaughter for the sake of several people's fun. Also cheap fun... cause winning against team who struggle to do even smallest of cooperation is hardly fun... its as fun as winning tennis match against blindfolded opponent. Also the overnerfs of stuff in this game making it only cosmetic (like the new plane AC130 or something like that... overnerfed main gun is as strong as throwing pebbles from very far on the vertical move on moving targets instead of making the plance a monster above battlefield even if only for a while now and then; or the snipers halogens mounted on scopes). But the poor autobalancing is the main thing that kills the game for any non-hardcore player that is playing with "clan". Expand
  8. Apr 11, 2012
    A game with great potential, but clearly done in a hurry just to be launched before CoD:MW3. To be honest, this is the best shooting experience I've ever had in a computer game, BUT... the game is haunted by bad decisions, bugs/glitches, balance problems and other rushed stuff. Maps are simply horrible; they decided to abandon the huge maps we've seen in previous Battlefield titles, andA game with great potential, but clearly done in a hurry just to be launched before CoD:MW3. To be honest, this is the best shooting experience I've ever had in a computer game, BUT... the game is haunted by bad decisions, bugs/glitches, balance problems and other rushed stuff. Maps are simply horrible; they decided to abandon the huge maps we've seen in previous Battlefield titles, and now we have close-quarters levels with a terrible design, worse than the ones seen in the Call of Duty series (see Operation Metro if you don't believe me). There is no VoIP, destruction is worse than in Bad Company 2, hit detection fails (you get shot even after entering cover), patches are rare and, until now, have only made the game's balance worse, specially for the vehicles, which have been nerfed to oblivion. And, of course, your character will suicide many times for absolutely no reason. I can't tell you to stay away from this game because it is, indeed, a really nice experience (if you have the Back to Karkand expansion, because the original maps are terrible and the next DLCs will take months to be launched), but seeing what Battlefield 3 is, and the huge potential it has, I must say it's a complete fail, and the developers don't seem to care about fixing the game. As for the Singleplayer/Co-op game modes, well... they're just horrible. Campaign is totally linear and the story isn't good at all. Co-op levels are few, short, and you can't communicate with your teammate; yes that's right, there's absolutely no chat system on the Co-op mode, you can't communicate by VoIP, nor by typing. Expand
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    Not better than Call of duty at all. In ways the game is a rip off from previous titles like MAG. People are always so quickly to bash COD, but realisticly COD has much more maps, content and fun factor than any BattleField game. Don't waste your money on this game.
  10. Oct 25, 2011
    Look, I know this is a multiplayer game. I do. I understand that the singleplayer is little more than an extended tutorial. Did an hour of multiplayer and it was really great. But you put the crappy singleplayer in there as well, so I'm damn well going to address it. It sucks. I mean really, the lack of effort is glaring. Let's start with story. Ok, so we all know the story this entireLook, I know this is a multiplayer game. I do. I understand that the singleplayer is little more than an extended tutorial. Did an hour of multiplayer and it was really great. But you put the crappy singleplayer in there as well, so I'm damn well going to address it. It sucks. I mean really, the lack of effort is glaring. Let's start with story. Ok, so we all know the story this entire genre of games has. Story. Singular. The only thing that ever changes is if it's nazis, russians or terrorists. What's even worse is, it's told as a flashback within a retrospective. This method is not avanguard. It's not clever. It's not artistic. It's a bad idea, and it always was. Now, remember how in Bad Company 2 you usually had multiple avenues of approach? You could take the buildings on either side of the street just go for a frontal assault or clear that sawmill in any sequence you wanted, or in the desert mission pick which part to do first? Yeah, Bad Company 2 was linear. But it made an effort to pretend it wasn't. This game? Corridor shooter. I mean quite literally. I tried flanking constantly, every single time I was told "Leaving battlefield" and given a timer. Every time. The game is a sequence of corridors leading to slightly larger shooting galleries in which you're given no option how to approach the situation. You do it exactly in the one place the designer meant you to and that's. Then, enemies. Oh God this part is terrible. The enemies are inexcusable. First of all, all the terrorists are one guy. No, seriously. Every last one of them. The same model. Exactly the same. No difference. In two shooting galleries one after the other I stood crouched next to their spawn point and for a full minute each it went like this: Two identical clones enter. I shoot them both. Reload. Two identical clones enter. Repeat. This for a full minute each time. And most of the game is like this. So yeah, I'm sorry but if you didn't want people to judge this game on the singleplayer you should have stuck with the multiplayer, which is actually really good btw. Expand
  11. Oct 30, 2011
    Pretty much disappointed in all the nonsense of tossing silly medikits around, sniper scope glares and brighter-than-sun flashlights. Also, the game is ugly. It's hiding it all behind a mass of light effects and bloom and hdr. Gameplay is nothing to write home about - it's BFBC2.5. Single player sucked balls, that's enough said.
  12. Oct 30, 2011
    Firstly, let me tell you that this game is awesome. The graphics, animations and sound are top notch.
    The campaign is mediocre but then if you bought BF3 for the SP, there's something wrong with you.
    Now the reason for the low score is that the game is totally unplayable. Sure there are some people who haven't had a single problem , you are the lucky ones and I envy you but there are 10 more people for 1 of you who are not able to play the game for more than 5 minutes. The game crashes with a stuttering sound after 5 mins into a MP session. The stuttering on this game is unimaginable on certain high end cards as well. When i pay $60 to play a game i don't expect to spend 10 hours finding a solution to a problem running the game. Kudos to DIce and EA for not porting this from the consoles but your ignorance to customer grievances on Battlelog has to be brought to the forefront.
    You had an amazing game in your hands and you messed it up. Stay away from this title , atleast on the PC until these issues are rectified.
  13. Oct 25, 2011
    What could have been a great game seriously let down by the developers. Multiple issues that were reported from the alpha through the beta by many still exist. With bugs and glitches that were also not present previously. It honestly feels like a half finished game. Things that they should have known people hated from bf:bc2 completely ignored.
    The lack of basic things, no team balance, no
    The lack of basic things, no team balance, no option to select the squad you want. half complete features, for example commorose, missing simple things like requesting ammo or health, but even the options there can't be heard by your team so it is pointless.
    Game isn't built to be a battlefield any more, took too many ideas from cod. Now its suck in the middle doing a worse job then both and nothing better then either.
    That's just the MP, the SP is linear, boring and so heavily scripted, you can't do anything the game doesn't want.
    A hefty patch is the only thing that will fix this, thoroughly underwhelming and a massive disappointment.
  14. Oct 25, 2011
    The overall experience with this game is average, it could have been FANTASTIC, if DICE had not copied other shooters in the market, to me this game is just a mix of Bad Company 2, Medal Of Honor, Call Of Dutty and Battlefield 2, all together in a nicer engine, that looks great butt not as great as they made you believe in all those nice trailers...
    The annoying battlelog combined with the
    The annoying battlelog combined with the unnecessary origin spyware app do not help either.
  15. Oct 25, 2011
    If you were expecting a classic great menu system for the game good luck because there isn't one and the real disappointing thing about BF3 is you are forced to run the game through EA's Origin - Not standalone and not through STEAM - EA really dropped the ball on forcing all of its customers to run this through a beta version of a E-Game hosting service... Not to mention the menu-systemIf you were expecting a classic great menu system for the game good luck because there isn't one and the real disappointing thing about BF3 is you are forced to run the game through EA's Origin - Not standalone and not through STEAM - EA really dropped the ball on forcing all of its customers to run this through a beta version of a E-Game hosting service... Not to mention the menu-system for the game is all based online which makes you feel like you really got ripped off because it looks cheap trust me the only thing nice about it is Battlelog which is kinda cool but it's EA's way of saying here run Origin or Don't play the game.

This is an OK game as it sits for the time being but yet it deserves a 40% rating due to several issues right now - First being that EA has released a game that has many graphical, gameplay, multiplayer, map, vehicle issues for instance green-flickers and being able to glitch through maps on multiplayer its nowhere near as smooth as it was shown in the previews that im sure everyone has seen. Granted it is a new game but the vehicle issues and the unrealistic nature of Battlefield 3 due to vehicles not producing realistic amounts of destruction and damage really hurt this titles reputation.

To best describe Battlefield 3 would be a cross between Homefront and Modern Warfare 2 - Homefront being due to the graphical and sketchy gameplay and Modern Warfare 2 due to BF3 trying to cut in on some profits from MW3 which currently sits at a total loss to people who have bought this game (and yes I bought the limited edition BF3). I bought 2x EVGA GTX-580 SC cards specifically for this game and yet the texture draws and polished look this game should have isn't there and not to mention the annoying lag on multiplayer games that are supposedly low-ping.

It has potential to be an awesome game but as it sits currently I wouldn't invest in it until it at least drops $20-30 or they fix hundreds of bugs and errors. Well that's all I have to say hope you found this somewhat useful.
  16. Oct 30, 2011
    The first thing this game is doing well, it's the multiplayers mode. No doubt about that, that's an incredible experience, a satisfying one, especially in a squad with well known friends! And the good part of the review ends here. The rest of the game is a big letdown compared to Bad Company 2... EA is here to make money, offering a game that improve nothing, as they do with the sportsThe first thing this game is doing well, it's the multiplayers mode. No doubt about that, that's an incredible experience, a satisfying one, especially in a squad with well known friends! And the good part of the review ends here. The rest of the game is a big letdown compared to Bad Company 2... EA is here to make money, offering a game that improve nothing, as they do with the sports franchises. The campaign is a non inspired copy of COD Black Ops, with bad writing and bad acting. As fas as I'm concerned, the Vietnam expansion of the second game on the row was the pinnacle of the BF experience. Don't lose money and time on Battlefield 3, persist with BC2 and/or wait for MW3. BC3 is a frustrating experience. Expand
  17. Oct 30, 2011
    What an utterly disappointing campaign. Total rip off of CoD, and after that huge marketing campaign to lead us to believe that it would be awesome. Take the plane mission for example - it looks fantastic, I've got a GTX570 and settings on high+, but the gameplay? Push either 1, 2, 3 or x when told to and that's it. It's like a smartphone app for toddlers. The whole thing is an utterWhat an utterly disappointing campaign. Total rip off of CoD, and after that huge marketing campaign to lead us to believe that it would be awesome. Take the plane mission for example - it looks fantastic, I've got a GTX570 and settings on high+, but the gameplay? Push either 1, 2, 3 or x when told to and that's it. It's like a smartphone app for toddlers. The whole thing is an utter embarrassment for Dice. In the word of Jonny Rotten: "Every get the feeling you've been cheated?" Expand
  18. Oct 30, 2011
    I'm really disappointed from Battlefield 3. I'ts too CoD like. The MP is unbalanced, the Game **** up every 10 Minutes, on my High End Gaming Rig btw. The Single-player is too Short, and the AI is stupid. The Gameplay is not BF anymore, its not balanced. Where is the Commander? Where are all the great things from BF2 !? And the Sniper is useless in BF3, because after a time the scope isI'm really disappointed from Battlefield 3. I'ts too CoD like. The MP is unbalanced, the Game **** up every 10 Minutes, on my High End Gaming Rig btw. The Single-player is too Short, and the AI is stupid. The Gameplay is not BF anymore, its not balanced. Where is the Commander? Where are all the great things from BF2 !? And the Sniper is useless in BF3, because after a time the scope is reflecting the Sun to the Enemys, so the Sniper is easy to spot. A Crappy Game..... The CoD Hype has won, and killed BF... Expand
  19. Oct 30, 2011
    BF3 created so much frustration for me that I just had Origin give me a refund. The online battlelog and server browser is beyond annoying. One simple rule of "keep it simple" was completely ignored to force this new platform on customers. The game itself isn't horrible but in my opinion it's not the best Battle Field. I don't expect a new game to play completely like another version butBF3 created so much frustration for me that I just had Origin give me a refund. The online battlelog and server browser is beyond annoying. One simple rule of "keep it simple" was completely ignored to force this new platform on customers. The game itself isn't horrible but in my opinion it's not the best Battle Field. I don't expect a new game to play completely like another version but the mechanics feel dumbed down and the air vehicles are lackluster. The recon class was changed for the worse, and over all I'm not a fan of a lot of the map designs or load outs. I'm not a Modern Warfare fan boy trying to write a bad review, I just think this game has implemented some very poor choices. Expand
  20. Nov 1, 2011
    Battlefield 3 is a gorgeous and smooth multiplayer FPS that is fun to play if you have tons of time to devote to it and have been playing since launch day. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't started playing yet or who will receive this game as a gift later this year since they are in for an experience equivalent to hazing.

Battlefield 3 is deliberately abusive to new or below-average

Battlefield 3 is deliberately abusive to new or below-average skill players. Yes, there are weapons to unlock like previous Battlefield games. Unfortunately, DICE has taken a good thing to the extreme this time around. Did you know you can unlock faster firing speed for vehicles, faster reloads for vehicles, better body armor against explosives, faster sprinting, bipods that make your aim steady, and more? If you haven't started playing by now your enemy has all of these advantages. If you haven't started playing yet you don't have these advantages and will be constantly dominated by players who do have these advantages.

Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid this immediate disadvantage. You must fight through ever-increasingly difficult odds just to try and rank up to the level of your opponents. By the time you get there they will scored so many points against you that the problem of imbalance will persist. This is not a game that features a level playing field. It goes out of its way to make it imbalanced whether you drive a vehicle or hoof it on foot. Even the vehicles have features that must be unlocked. Enjoy being a sitting duck in an armored vehicle as the enemy pelts you with a faster firing speed and missile that you haven't unlocked.

I could add some commentary about maps in this game. I could add commentary about weapons and vehicles. None of that really matters when the core gameplay mechanics are this badly imbalanced. None of the game's content or performance matters when you join a multiplayer server and find that even your allies sprint right by, demand you let them drive a vehicle because it doesn't have unlockable offensive and defensive capabilities when you drive, or your friends refuse to play on your team because you're too far behind them in terms of unlocks and ranks.

I cannot advocate for a game in which gives players advantages over each other. Weapon unlocks were a nice way to add diversity to the game. Giving players advantages the same way they unlock new content is absolutely brutal. This is not a game of skill or an objective-based team game -- it is purely about who can unlock the most content the fastest.
  21. Nov 1, 2011
    SP was predictable boring and short. Graphics are great but thats mostly because of the horrible blinding lights. I wish there was a mp unlock for tinted goggles. Also this game is geared for hardcore players and hardcore players only. If your not a seasoned battlefield veteran prepared to get anal raped hardcore. It doesnt matter if you are good a video games you will still get crushedSP was predictable boring and short. Graphics are great but thats mostly because of the horrible blinding lights. I wish there was a mp unlock for tinted goggles. Also this game is geared for hardcore players and hardcore players only. If your not a seasoned battlefield veteran prepared to get anal raped hardcore. It doesnt matter if you are good a video games you will still get crushed into the ground if you haven't been playing the battlefield series. If your a gay casual gamer and like it up the butt than you will surely love the ass rape that is battlefield 3, otherwise I would stay away. Expand
  22. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is great...when multilayer works. The origin launcher is dumb and web interface is even worse. When I join games it works only about half the time, sometimes i get a illegal operation or it just freezes. They have turned this game into a console first pc second title which is messed up because it started on PC.
  23. Nov 2, 2011
    As somebody who played BF1942 for 3 years, then BF2, then BFBC1 and 2, BF3 seems like a step in the reverse direction. The pace seems slow which is unlike a Battlefield game, and besides the pretty graphics BF3 actually seems like it has worse gameplay than BF2. Definitely not what I've been waiting years for. And to think that DICE scrapped subsequent DLCs for BFBC2 to work on BF3.As somebody who played BF1942 for 3 years, then BF2, then BFBC1 and 2, BF3 seems like a step in the reverse direction. The pace seems slow which is unlike a Battlefield game, and besides the pretty graphics BF3 actually seems like it has worse gameplay than BF2. Definitely not what I've been waiting years for. And to think that DICE scrapped subsequent DLCs for BFBC2 to work on BF3. It's a pity, it could have been a great game. That coupled with EA's crappy connectivity client, which makes using Gamespy in the old days a joy compared to what they've presented for 2011, makes the experience very disappointing.

I guess I'll move to other games and check back in a month or two to see if they've managed to fix the experience at all.
  24. Nov 5, 2011
    Before anything, let me say... BATTLELOG AND ORIGIN ARE HORRENDOUS!!! I cannot begin to explain how badly I wanted this game to be a blockbuster. How badly I wanted to play it through my Thanksgiving holiday. How badly I wanted to eat up every last bit of its great gameplay and graphics. But seriously, it was like a good looking Medal of Honor remake. I am talking some of the WORST AI andBefore anything, let me say... BATTLELOG AND ORIGIN ARE HORRENDOUS!!! I cannot begin to explain how badly I wanted this game to be a blockbuster. How badly I wanted to play it through my Thanksgiving holiday. How badly I wanted to eat up every last bit of its great gameplay and graphics. But seriously, it was like a good looking Medal of Honor remake. I am talking some of the WORST AI and gameplay in single player to date. If you hated Red River or Medal of Honor, you will equally hate the single player in this game. Just sad. Also, it is buggy, glitched, and very linear. I waited so long for this game, got it asap, and I would just as quickly return it if I could. It breaks my heart. Expand
  25. Nov 9, 2011
    The singleplayer is unfinished (has a lot of bugs) wait for a year after release hopefully this game will have a patch. I've seen NPCs shooting without the gun geometry in their hands, NPCs walking through metal fences, the worst problem is that your squad NPCs takes cover in the exact perfect place that you need to take cover to progress through the scene and you can't move them (they'reThe singleplayer is unfinished (has a lot of bugs) wait for a year after release hopefully this game will have a patch. I've seen NPCs shooting without the gun geometry in their hands, NPCs walking through metal fences, the worst problem is that your squad NPCs takes cover in the exact perfect place that you need to take cover to progress through the scene and you can't move them (they're pieces of brick video geomotry) even worse whenever they have a path to follow they don't go around you they just push your avatar out of the way, it's the most embarrassing video game story to follow I've ever seen in a game of this generation with all of the spectacular visuals going on around you you can't navigate around your squad and they can't navigate around you. When you see your squad member running right at you then just continue the running animation right in your face as your avatar pushes out of the way you'll know what I mean.

On the other hand if battlefield war is what you want then the multiplayer is inexplicabaly incredible, the best capture the flag that you can get right on your computer. Nothing like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 it has a completely different flowy feel to it. There's nothing like seeing a squad run across a road you're guarding waiting for cover from your squad knowing they're real people on the other side of the computer and if they see you it's completely unpredictable what any of them might do.
  26. Nov 9, 2011
    This game has been rushed and butched. They lowered the treshold for casual player and now it no longer feels like a true BF2 sequel. More like BC3, but worst... A lot of bugs and glitches. Their mouse input code is flawed. This is pretty bad for a FPS. The art direction is really annoying: High contrast everywhere and blue tint. Lack of colours. DICE lied to their customers about manyThis game has been rushed and butched. They lowered the treshold for casual player and now it no longer feels like a true BF2 sequel. More like BC3, but worst... A lot of bugs and glitches. Their mouse input code is flawed. This is pretty bad for a FPS. The art direction is really annoying: High contrast everywhere and blue tint. Lack of colours. DICE lied to their customers about many things. They dont care anymore, they just pretend to care. They made a game to make money by reaching COD community but they lost their roots by doing that. VERY sad... R.I.P. Battlefield series. Expand
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Unfortunately EA DICE is not able to deliver all of the many promises made by marketing. From a technical perspective this look like an unfinished game. The singleplayer campaign suffers from basic technical issues where story progression is impossible as certain criteria has not been fulfilled. In multiplayer, that is supposed to be the games one strength, the pervasive technicalUnfortunately EA DICE is not able to deliver all of the many promises made by marketing. From a technical perspective this look like an unfinished game. The singleplayer campaign suffers from basic technical issues where story progression is impossible as certain criteria has not been fulfilled. In multiplayer, that is supposed to be the games one strength, the pervasive technical deficiencies is even more obvious. Mainly clipping is a issue where you can be shoot because from you point of view you are in cover, while you opponent has an unobstructed view for a kill. If you are new to the first person military shooters there are other more balanced games available. Expand
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    All may be upsets with the fact that the single-player was not up to par with most campaigns in other games but Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer I recommend this game to everyone, it's the best shooter of the year,graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really goodAll may be upsets with the fact that the single-player was not up to par with most campaigns in other games but Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer I recommend this game to everyone, it's the best shooter of the year,graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really good single player and co-op modes and just an awesome multiplayer mode with so much freedom of choice and tons of unlockables.
    Grat game
  29. Apr 9, 2012
    I played this game trought in singleplayer. I also tested out Multiplayer. Let´s go over basics. This game has awesome graphics and overall layout over. It´s pure eye candy and lovely in that. Why such low rating? Well singleplayer started out amazing...Sick start that caught attention...Sadly that´s it. Another "terrorists has the nuke" game. II played this game trought in singleplayer. I also tested out Multiplayer. Let´s go over basics. This game has awesome graphics and overall layout over. It´s pure eye candy and lovely in that. Why such low rating? Well singleplayer started out amazing...Sick start that caught attention...Sadly that´s it. Another "terrorists has the nuke" game. I choose normal difficulty and most of the time i got myself killed. Quess that is the reality of war, you are stupid and die...It was boring. Overall campaing left me bored and i quited it couple of times before finishing. Like bad company 2, most of it just repeated itself over and over. Multiplayer wise game is awesome, sadly i dont enjoy that type of gameplay. It´s awesome, but not for me. Was some solid action for couple of hours, but that´s it. Expand
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    Dissapointing short single player mode , so the graphic i expected better.
    Nice climatic multiplayer mode. I thing the things reach limits are to small.I would like to play longer to ecomplish a target. Very hard to fly jets. Very easy to destroy a tank with bazooka .
    Why soldiers survive hit in chest with dragunow ?

It's all a matter of taste, after all. They each provide a certain type of entertainment – when talking about Battlefield 3, it involves a bigger game, more open in its possibilities and more spectacular. But on a longer timeline, less frantic and with fewer Bruce Willis scenes than the mass appeal beast it set itself to dethrone.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    No, Battlefield 3 is not the best game of today. But good looking – definitely. It also has an absolutely addictive multiplayer. Who needs more? [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 4, 2011
    Both a triumphant leap forward and a return to form for the Battlefield series. This is the best multiplayer shooter on PC. [Christmas 2011, p.58]