Battlestar Galactica PC

tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. RobertP.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Pros: You get to fly ships and shoot cylons Cons: you need better graphics card than you need for say, Halo, but not nearly as good a game. IMHO, they should have included this game free if you bought the boxed set of the DVD TV series. The controls are akward and the game play is two dimensional. Essentially you're always on a flat plane. Yeah, below you, you can see the other shps Pros: You get to fly ships and shoot cylons Cons: you need better graphics card than you need for say, Halo, but not nearly as good a game. IMHO, they should have included this game free if you bought the boxed set of the DVD TV series. The controls are akward and the game play is two dimensional. Essentially you're always on a flat plane. Yeah, below you, you can see the other shps in the fleet, but you have no X axis. If they'd made this a first person space flght sim with some compelling storyline it would be a good game. But they didn't. Expand
  2. Jan 16, 2014
    Let me put it this way.

I bought this game for $10 at a used book store. It wasn't even worth $5. Maybe $1 (the price of a candy bar). Or, better, yet, for free, because this game resembles free Internet games I have played that do it better. This game's list price was actually $20. That is a robbery. If you want a 2D space arcade shooter, you can play this game:
    Let me put it this way.

This game's list price was actually $20. That is a robbery.

If you want a 2D space arcade shooter, you can play this game: http://www.arcadetown.com/realspace2/index.asp

Twice as fun, twice as long, twice as difficult, and honestly I think this game may have been based on it. Any way you slice it, just about anything is a better value than the 1 hour of your freetime it will take to complete this game.

The only reason I am giving this game a 3 is because I know there are some people out there who will enjoy the game just because it is Battlestar Galactica.

1. This arcade game is relatively shallow and a pale imitation of its television inspiration.
  2. Even offset by the low price and the arcade-style context, Battlestar Galactica just doesn’t have the punch to stand out in today’s market. Even the graphics engine is marred by low-resolution textures, small engagement zones, and dated special effects, and what bothers me about this game is how it could easily be a lot better were it simply blessed with more expanded gameplay.
  3. Whether you pick this one up for the PC or for Xbox Live Arcade, you can be assured that you're getting a mediocre game that's only loosely tied to the events of the show.