7.2

1. JBR.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Impossible to connect on multiplayer games.
  2. Sep 10, 2011
    A cheap budget game made to elevated the relation of the two homo nations - U.S and Japan (romance of war-Olympic). Should pay only half price for a game like this, because I think half of the game you need to play the Japanese role, if you don't want to do that, then why pay the full prices since there is no fake-time skins so you can change the skins and flags of the Japonukass? SoA cheap budget game made to elevated the relation of the two homo nations - U.S and Japan (romance of war-Olympic). Should pay only half price for a game like this, because I think half of the game you need to play the Japanese role, if you don't want to do that, then why pay the full prices since there is no fake-time skins so you can change the skins and flags of the Japonukass? So arcade that a plane can fly past those mast and cables of a battleship. Choose Xbox controller as the preset controller when I'm only using a Gravis (8-button) Gamepad PRO and it made the gameplay very easy. The max mouse sensitivity is too slow to fly a plane (as with most of the other games), so I wonder if those game makers has a brain or not, so slow that it's only suitable for Flight Simulation games (where you only need to fly a 747). To fly a WWII fighter, you need very high mouse sensitivity, but if that sensitivity is set too high, then it makes the aiming more difficult, that's why you need a gamepad or joystick. Expand
  3. DannyC.
    Feb 21, 2007
    This walks a very fine line between strategy and action but on the whole does it extremely well. I like it because it is a different experience from all the first person shoot em ups that crowd the 360.
  4. NunyaF.
    Mar 9, 2007
    I was expecting something more of a technical sim.What I got was an engrossing experience. Even though the g.u.i. is simpified the strategy is top-notch.Graphics and Sound effects are superior. Dialog left a lot to be desired. Overall this game left me with the feeling of satisfaction.
  5. R.C.
    Feb 15, 2007
    As an avid player of RTS games, this one does not compare to most. The 3rd person shooter control is weak at best and the RTS portion of it is pretty much non existent. I would recommend to anyone, that they save their money for the newer Games coming in the near future.
  6. RichP.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Had it not been for the skimpy campaign mode and counterintuitive control scheme, Battlestations: Midway could
  7. FrankieE.
    Apr 7, 2007
    A very underestimated game. You can take full control of sea and air like no other game. Multiplayer is also a blast and a must do for all.
  8. RobE.
    Feb 23, 2007
    I know battleships maneuver like a rock, but that doesn't mean it'll be fun to play a game about them... I couldn't take more than the first two or three levels of this game, it is terribly slow, the storyline is a yawn. The Sound effects and graphics, which could have made this game intense, are just so so.
  9. SethS.
    Feb 5, 2007
    This game is perfect if you like both RTS and action games I love the game but it is too short really.
  10. TerianderF.
    Aug 11, 2007
    First, I have 15 years of PC gaming experience. FPS, TPS, RTS, Flight Sims, I played them all. This game does an excellent job of allowing the USER to decide how he/she wants to play. You can take control of ANY ship, aircraft, sub, etc. Or you can let the AI control them all. You can watch the entire battle from a map and give orders, or you can watch from 3rd person. If you don't First, I have 15 years of PC gaming experience. FPS, TPS, RTS, Flight Sims, I played them all. This game does an excellent job of allowing the USER to decide how he/she wants to play. You can take control of ANY ship, aircraft, sub, etc. Or you can let the AI control them all. You can watch the entire battle from a map and give orders, or you can watch from 3rd person. If you don't like how the AI is controlling a ship or flying a plane - you can take control of it at anytime and do it yourself. The only thing I would change is allowing the user to have more "set up" time. Basically allowing the user have a greater distance from the enemy at the start of the battles (with a time compressor to allow speeding up or slowing down time). Another great thing about the game is the HIGH detail settings and Anti-Alias support for those with highend machines! It really makes a difference in detail when playing at extreme quality settings! Overall - Great sound effects, visuals, and if you enjoy flight or ship sims, this game is it. Expand
  11. FrankS.
    Mar 17, 2007
    This game does a very good job of combining action and RTS elements, although there is not much for replay value and it may seem too simplified for veterans of either genre. The graphics are great, and I had no problems with the control scheme. As soon as you get used to all the controls and where everything is layed out, it becomes second nature and really fun to play.
  12. AnonymousMC
    May 29, 2008
    Rich P.
    you shouldnt blame the game of being hard to play and complicated but; you should learn to play the game proberbly.
    JB R. Try updating the game. The game is GREAT because of its stupid AI. It makes it more challenging to control all the units at the same time. BUT thats not a bad thing! And if you really are one of those Dumbasses, who MUST have AI control to help
    Rich P.

JB R.
    Try updating the game.

The game is GREAT because of its stupid AI.
    And if you really are one of those Dumbasses, who MUST have AI control to help em' then program it, before you start attacking.
    And if you dont know how to do that, then go back to your Red Alert 2 (which was a great game) and play skirmish against a Easy Ai and Have Two Brutal AI's to help you NOOB!
  13. JohnH.
    Nov 16, 2007
    This is not a sim but if you like a great arcade this game will deliver. It's easy to learn and the action is intense. In battles you can jump between platforms at will or just let the AI work for you.
  14. XabierM.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Somewhere between a strategy and a simulator game, it realy surprised me. The only thing I hope that sooner or later we start seeng new costume maps or so.
  15. Dec 1, 2011
    The most polite way to put it is that I don't dislike this game. The graphics are decent, the cut-scenes are well done, and the first couple of missions really pulled me in and captured my excitement. But as the game story progressed, the excitement quickly wore off leaving me uncommitted to continue. Each battle became frustratingly harder, even with the difficulty setting on easy. ThereThe most polite way to put it is that I don't dislike this game. The graphics are decent, the cut-scenes are well done, and the first couple of missions really pulled me in and captured my excitement. But as the game story progressed, the excitement quickly wore off leaving me uncommitted to continue. Each battle became frustratingly harder, even with the difficulty setting on easy. There was no ability to save the game mid-mission which left me with a lingering bitterness every time I had to restart (which was quite often). A worthy attempt, but the developers just couldn't close the deal for me making it a tolerable air/sea shooter at best. Expand
  16. Mar 19, 2011
    Pros: Switching from controlling planes to ships to submarines is fun. Actual combat is pretty fun. Cons: Controls are hard. Gameplay is hard. Learning curve is extreme. Game speed is abysmally slow. Playing a mission for twenty minutes only to fail and have to start all over again 'repeatedly' is frustrating. Campaign is short and rather silly.

Overall: I would not recommend this game

Overall: I would not recommend this game to anyone other than WWII fanatics and even then buy it used.
  17. Oct 17, 2013
    Great idea for a game marred by a horrible control system, flying planes is like stirring porridge. I guess the setting isn't to my taste either but that's just personal opinion. Maybe others (judging by the ratings) fought past the control system to find a great game. I just didn't have the patience to do that.
  18. Mar 19, 2011

Overall: I would not recommend this game

1. Although engaging, the single-player campaign is just too short and will provide very little replay value.
  2. A surprisingly good combination of action and strategy - influenced by the old Carrier Command. The single player mode would have been a lot better if the AI was not so heavily scripted, but the fun multiplayer mode more than makes up for it. [Mar 2007]
  3. It's not terrible by any means, but it's just not very exciting either. [Apr 2007, p.76]