7.4

1. Nov 27, 2013
    Kind of Super Mario meets sonic under water with a touch of mega man.
    Kind of Super Mario meets sonic under water with a touch of mega man.
    I found myself bobbing my head to the beats. What a surprisingly fulfilling enjoyment, all while feeling the groove. They don't call it beat buddy for nothing. Worth every penny ($5 Steam Sale) and I recommend it to everyone. I LOVE the music. Absolutely loved it. I used a gamepad. I had no idea $5 can bring this much fun. I'm getting hooked on indie games. So much great content out there and games like this make me drool for more indie platformers. Good job to this company. I'll be looking for the sequel.
  2. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is just the definition of groovy! You can call it a "platformer", though you're floating in a water world, with "puzzle" and action elements, in which the rhythm and beats of the music play a huge role. There's a variety of puzzles, some combat and other action sequences as well. The integration of the groovy music/rhythms with what you do and the seamless progression of itThis game is just the definition of groovy! You can call it a "platformer", though you're floating in a water world, with "puzzle" and action elements, in which the rhythm and beats of the music play a huge role. There's a variety of puzzles, some combat and other action sequences as well. The integration of the groovy music/rhythms with what you do and the seamless progression of it throughout levels and situations is nothing short of marvellous. Even every character you meet has their own recognizable beat (that rhymed, which is pertinent here, ahah). Much like the funny characters, the art style is colourful and cute, making it a pleasure to explore the rich world. The pacing is just masterful, you keep flowing through the levels with the music and the beats, and never get "stuck" in a puzzle for long. I've played the first two levels now, and was so completely engrossed that I lost all sense of time, only to, at the end of each one, be informed by the game it took me about 50 minutes to complete each. It's just that fun! I like electronic/beat-box music a lot, and the game made me want to start dancing numerous times!

If you like music games and/or platformers you'll totally have a blast with this game. I haven't had this much fun in a game for a while. And even if that's not your thing, I recommend you try the demo (available on steam) for I suspect you'll enjoy it.
  3. Aug 23, 2013
    hypnotic entertaining nice feeling from controlling the movement. yes the beats your movements become some hypnotic art. not serious game fun game.

1. Dec 11, 2013
    The foundation for a great game is built here, but the gameplay ranges from passable to dull.
  2. Dec 9, 2013
    Some minor bugs and level design issues keep Beatbuddy from being a great title. It's worth checking out for those who want to try something different, and if you're a fan of Austin Wintory's music, his song alone is worth the price of admission.
  3. Nov 9, 2013
    If you enjoy music&rhythm platformers, then Beatbuddy will offer you more than 5 hours of gaming in a sea of electronic music.