- Summary: A fast-paced FPS with a storyline written by cult Scottish author Christopher Brookmyre. You play Heather Quinn aka “Athena” trapped in a world of video games, desperate to find a way back home. Will you make it? Or will you be trapped here forever?
Oct 14, 2015Bedlam is a neat concept that has managed to result in a game that’s utterly bankrupt of creativity, polish, or fun. It’s a game that went so wrong at every turn that it makes you just feel bad for its developers. There’s nothing here but a bunch of half-hearted references and wistful nostalgia for old video games, both of which you can get plenty of for free on the internet.
|This publication does not provide a score for their reviews.|
|This publication has not posted a final review score yet.|
|These unscored reviews do not factor into the Metascore calculation.|
Dec 1, 2015I really loved this game. A nod to nostalgia and witty voice over got me giggling. The game play is meant to be a bit clunky to reflect someI really loved this game. A nod to nostalgia and witty voice over got me giggling. The game play is meant to be a bit clunky to reflect some of those games experiences we all played from the past.… Expand
May 22, 2016Some of the most annoying voiceovers in video game history. Especially the main character. Her voice makes me want to rip my ears off. OtherSome of the most annoying voiceovers in video game history. Especially the main character. Her voice makes me want to rip my ears off. Other than that though, it's a good game! Very enjoyable and worth picking up, especially if it's on sale somewhere!… Expand
Oct 22, 2015Fun concept and story, but the gameplay is problematic.
- Cool concept of graphic evolution between games, much like Evoland, but withFun concept and story, but the gameplay is problematic.
- Cool concept of graphic evolution between games, much like Evoland, but with FPSs.
- Like the whole story as all but plays too fast, missing many information. The endstory was chaotic to me.
- The protagonist voice is cool, though i cannot understand her, as her dialect is so distorted (I'm not an english speaker), but sound very cool. Thanks, there are subtitles.
- Seems hope for the game as it still developed and supported.
- Gameplay is not fun. Way too much hitscan mechanics. Strafing seems futile. The bots are all A+ graded at sniping with shotguns from miles away. Levels like the WW2 are extrem pain to play through even at easy. Without the reload/respawn bug (or it was intended?) i could not reach even Reactor.
- Last stage has no saves only checkpoints, but those only apply at the end of a whole sublevel. Why? The last level is far the hardest. Why no save? To distinguish the casual (me) from the pro? Only pros can see the endgame? Then give back part of the money i pay to you! From another view: Why there are saves at all the other levels if you cannot give it at the last? In short: An FPS that has extrem level of hitscan shooting mechanics (always the mob shoot first and always hits), there is no save at the last level.
- Platforming. It was not a problem till the last level, even fun. But at the last level the gaps became huge, and combined with the no save feature it's a pretty good ragequit inducer.
- I've found a playstopper bug, unfortunately after the endboss fight (was a pain, but made it there). You have to climb a small cliff. First you have to do this in nearly all dark, that i don't know who would thought to be fun. Secondly one of the sidecliff you emerge on you will simply fall through (like ghost clipping) as it's not solid. Found no way around by jumping, so i could not see the ending. No way i pain through myself that last level again! Ragequit.… Expand