8.7

1. Aug 12, 2012
    A truly great adventure! This game isn't perfect - but it offered me the best experience that I probably ever had with a game. Pretty much each year I go back and play it again. While I've played many excellent games that I've really enjoyed, I can't name many that I would regularly return to. I would even dare to go that far to say that this game shoud appeal to almost anyone - try itA truly great adventure! This game isn't perfect - but it offered me the best experience that I probably ever had with a game. Pretty much each year I go back and play it again. While I've played many excellent games that I've really enjoyed, I can't name many that I would regularly return to. I would even dare to go that far to say that this game shoud appeal to almost anyone - try it yourself. (And buy it, this is perfect example where bad sales, although primarily caused by bad advertising by ubisoft, caused the game sequet to be delayed more than ten years!) Expand
  2. Jul 10, 2011
    This game is a rarity. It defies many game stereo types without being something so far out there and strange that no one wants to play it. The main character is a female who actually wears cloths and is a living breathing character with depth, motives and her own perspective. Not, like many video game female characters, who are created to be saved or gawked at. The others characters areThis game is a rarity. It defies many game stereo types without being something so far out there and strange that no one wants to play it. The main character is a female who actually wears cloths and is a living breathing character with depth, motives and her own perspective. Not, like many video game female characters, who are created to be saved or gawked at. The others characters are also fantastic. The game has a lot of variety and all the attempted game mechanics work well for the most part. A very well written story that is in some ways parallel to current events and different views of events that we see today.
    The art style is fantastic making you look past polygons. I recommend it highly.
  3. Jul 23, 2012
    A masterpiece; no other word could convey the breathtaking setting, the compelling characters, the bliss in gameplay, the variety of the experience, the tightness of the plot, the challenge of the puzzles, the thrill of the stealth, the amount of sidetracking, the pleasure of exploration and the feel that everything was just at the right place.
    I am just sad that I wasn't aware of this
    I am just sad that I wasn't aware of this game before, but when such detail is poured into a game it always ages perfectly; a true classic that everyone who likes gaming has to try out. Definitely hundredfold better than all the games I tried in this generation.
  4. Feb 23, 2013
    When I was like 6, I got my dad to buy me a copy of this as it looked awesome.
    Then I installed it, and started playing it but since my English sucked, I could barely realize what was going on and figured I'd just give up.
    But I always remembered how brilliant it seemed, and how amazing the world looked. So when I was looking through my old discs like 2 years ago and found this, I
    When I was like 6, I got my dad to buy me a copy of this as it looked awesome.
    So when I was looking through my old discs like 2 years ago and found this, I immediately installed it and I'm so glad I did.
    Michel Ancel is the most brilliant man in the video gaming industry in my opinion the atmosphere of this game and of Rayman 2 are just amazing. The plot is great, the characters very likable, the atmosphere world so immersing and beautiful...
    Highly recommended =]
    Can't wait for BG&E2.
  5. Oct 10, 2010
    This a fantastic game, one of my favourite ever. It is perfectly made- amazing settings, great characters and really good story. The way it is made is also amazing- some games would just have given you a gun with the aim of killing everything insight, but in Beyond Good & Evil your best weapon is your camera with the aim of taking pictures to reveal the government conspiracy. HighlyThis a fantastic game, one of my favourite ever. It is perfectly made- amazing settings, great characters and really good story. The way it is made is also amazing- some games would just have given you a gun with the aim of killing everything insight, but in Beyond Good & Evil your best weapon is your camera with the aim of taking pictures to reveal the government conspiracy. Highly recommended. Expand
  6. Jul 16, 2012
    This is simply one of the best games I've ever played. It perfectly combines a variety of video games genres in a great way. When I played it I had a fantastic experience that is unforgettable. I can't wait to see the second part.
  7. Jan 8, 2013
    i would definitely put this game in my top 5 because of the fact that it never gets old. i've played this game over so many times and each time feels even better than the last. the immersive scenery and sounds effects make the game more then worth it to play over again. if you're someone who likes action/adventure games then you would be a fool not to try this one.
  8. Jul 18, 2013
    It is the most beautiful game I ever played. Try it out! It is a pitty that this game was never in the "Gamecharats" because it is WAY better than at example Oblivion or Black Ops II or any other game.
    For me it is just the best game ever, because I never felt, while finishing the story, this "No-this-cant-be-over" feeling before.
  9. Nov 3, 2013
    This game is excellent, the graphics are good, the music is A M A Z I N G. The characters are great and there is excellent story. The world is huge and makes you feel that you actually live there and makes you want more. I played this game more than 20 times, and it looks always different and entertaining. This game is clearly underrated.
  10. Dec 18, 2013
    It was good in 2003, it is good in 2013. Great characters and story. A rich world that will captivate gamers. This is one of those rare experiences one never forget.
  11. Feb 22, 2014
    Still one of the best games for world development flowing from player's actions. It's a thrill seeing the world changes as you gather more evidence about the corruption of the overseers. I really wish more games incorporated this element of game play changing the game world.
  12. Mar 1, 2014
    This game has a fantastic story, great characters and mean enemies! I like how you can get money and pearls (with interesting "quests"). I can replay it after a long time without getting bored.
  13. Sep 23, 2014
    With most of the Rayman series under my belt, I've grown to be very interested in Michel Ancel's work; as of playing this game, I've now become a fan. BG&E is among the finest games I've played and pulls off the Zelda formula better than most Zelda games I've played. The puzzles: clever and satisfying. The stealth: tense, yet enjoyable. The combat: unique and well-executed. TheWith most of the Rayman series under my belt, I've grown to be very interested in Michel Ancel's work; as of playing this game, I've now become a fan. BG&E is among the finest games I've played and pulls off the Zelda formula better than most Zelda games I've played. The puzzles: clever and satisfying. The stealth: tense, yet enjoyable. The combat: unique and well-executed. The exploration: fun, filled, and rewarding. The presentation: shows age, but emotional. The story: simplistic, but well-written and immersive. The characters: each one endearing. This is Michel Ancel's magnum-opus. I eagerly await a sequel after 10+ years... Expand

1. Unfortunately, there’s still the irritating third-person camera and chugging graphics to remind you of BGE’s console origins, and it never comes remotely close to justifying the pretentiousness of the title – at a mere 12 hours or so it’s undoubtedly far too short.
  2. If you value story and atmosphere in your games, then you will enjoy the way Beyond Good & Evil transports you into its fantastic world.
  3. I liked the characters, the game sounded and looked good, and the action sequences were challenging without being too challenging.