Binary Domain PC

7.7

1. Apr 29, 2012
    Storyline is as if written by grade schoolers, controls scheme is haphazard and over the place at best, control itself feels wooden, graphics are mediocre, voiceover is not that bad, the shredding of enemies is nice, the voice command is a disaster, the loyalty system a cheap ripoff. I doubt they did any playtesting on PC at all, or that the ones responsible for porting ever had a look atStoryline is as if written by grade schoolers, controls scheme is haphazard and over the place at best, control itself feels wooden, graphics are mediocre, voiceover is not that bad, the shredding of enemies is nice, the voice command is a disaster, the loyalty system a cheap ripoff. I doubt they did any playtesting on PC at all, or that the ones responsible for porting ever had a look at how e.g. control should be done.
    This game is a badly done console port which tried to be original but failed miserably. Verdict: pick up something else.
  2. Apr 28, 2012
    This is probably the worst console port i have ever played. There is no support for 16:10 resolution. Meaning you will have black bars on top and bottom of the screen. Control scheme is simply pathetic. Who made it was probably drunk at the time. if you don't have or not planning on buying X360 controller, then forget about this game. Because playing it with mouse and keyboard is anThis is probably the worst console port i have ever played. There is no support for 16:10 resolution. Meaning you will have black bars on top and bottom of the screen. Control scheme is simply pathetic. Who made it was probably drunk at the time. if you don't have or not planning on buying X360 controller, then forget about this game. Because playing it with mouse and keyboard is an disaster at best. On top of that every control in the game is shown with X360 button icons. Video options are minimalistic. Pathetic console port that every true PC gamer will piss on. Expand
  3. May 1, 2012
    bad sound control system and they are not offer an alternative one. story and graphic are not worth the money. terrible optimize for PC. totally a failure.
  4. Apr 28, 2012
    WARNING!

Worst Console port ever! Unplayable without an Xbox 360 controller. The mic input stuff is beyond horrible, just like any other since the first SOCOM game.

STAY AWAY.
  5. Apr 29, 2012
    Worst Console Port I've ever seen, questioning whether they tested before the release. The Keyboard and Mouse is simply unplayable, literally, and the config is just not working at all, e.g. It shows press "space" but in fact "E" is the key, and you can't even select the menu using a keyboard. Xbox 360 controller? No, besides the unhandled preference, LB buttons crashes the applicationWorst Console Port I've ever seen, questioning whether they tested before the release. The Keyboard and Mouse is simply unplayable, literally, and the config is just not working at all, e.g. It shows press "space" but in fact "E" is the key, and you can't even select the menu using a keyboard. Xbox 360 controller? No, besides the unhandled preference, LB buttons crashes the application while LT RT not working at all. Despite the unplayable part, the game playing is fine, consolidate frame rate and graphic, I give 1 mark for that. Also it'll give a 9 marks for Xbox 360 version of this game although it's not running @1080p. Expand
  6. May 6, 2012
    I am gone be very honest, Binary Domain for PC is very bad game. As soon as you installed it, it is obvious that Binary Domain is console game and in my opinion it should had stayed console game. Reason are many, graphic is old style, sound is mediocre, theme or story is very very boring, but the main reasons why i think that Binary Domain should stayed on consoles is fact that it isI am gone be very honest, Binary Domain for PC is very bad game. As soon as you installed it, it is obvious that Binary Domain is console game and in my opinion it should had stayed console game. Reason are many, graphic is old style, sound is mediocre, theme or story is very very boring, but the main reasons why i think that Binary Domain should stayed on consoles is fact that it is unusable without a PC controller. It is frustrating to play it on keyboard ( just for you to know i tried to play it on controller ). You have to ask yourself is something wrong with my hardware ( keyboard or controller ) or with my intelligence. I spent some 45 minutes just to configure game and start playing. Gameplay is similar to Resident Evil Operation Recon City. Very low gameplay. I question myself why the game developers, such as these, think that this mess could be interesting or playable. Rarely I said that some game is disaster, and a verdict; Binary Domain for PC is a ripoff ! Expand
  7. Apr 29, 2012
    This game seals the deal of the term "console port" it's just awful. I'll make it easy and just list the problems with it. Configuration tool doesn't work, it only works with the resolution but not your AA settings...or anything else for that matter. I had to manually tweak my graphics settings via Nvidia control panel, sad times. Then there's the awful controls. I mean, who do they hireThis game seals the deal of the term "console port" it's just awful. I'll make it easy and just list the problems with it. Configuration tool doesn't work, it only works with the resolution but not your AA settings...or anything else for that matter. I had to manually tweak my graphics settings via Nvidia control panel, sad times. Then there's the awful controls. I mean, who do they hire to lay out the controls? A monkey could do a better job. And whats the deal with the voice input? Why was that such a huge deal with this game? Every time a cutscene would end I'd have to see flashing words on the screen saying that my voice input has been disabled; yes I get it, I did that because I'm not one for yelling into my computer, if I wanted to do that I would just play a filthy console. Graphics: In and out. Some parts look nice while others are horrid. There's a problem with checker boarding all through the game. I tried this on a single GTX 580, GTX 580 with SLI enabled and a GTX 560ti, so it's obviously the game. But again, what do you expect from a console port?

The movement isn't solid, it's obviously meant to be played with a controller that takes you 4 minutes to turn 360 degrees, no pun intended. You get this weird graphics glitch with your characters gear when you turn around all the way and it's just annoying. The whole cover system is awful and there's at least 10 functions for the space key so when you're trying to do one thing it does another. I can't think of a single thing that is good about this game except the ability upgrade your guns. They really should've just stuck with consoles only and if anything, stuck this on steam for $5.00. I understand PC is used for a second release for games after the rest of the developers come back from their month-long vacations but this isn't right. This is a complete rip-off of the consumer and THIS is why people pirate games. If you can't develop games correctly for PC than don't do it at all, don't waste time, money, and resources. In the end, these Metacritics will hurt you SEGA, I hope you learn a valuable lesson in this.
  8. May 2, 2012
    A great game totally ruined by simple issues.

I'm not sure what the thought process was behind the implementation of controls for this port, but it's clear that the console controls have simply been pasted to PC. Primary issue: The mouse now maddeningly functions like a control stick, mouse acceleration is off the charts Other issues: Want to move around in the menus with your mouse?
    A great game totally ruined by simple issues.

Primary issue:

Other issues:
    Want to move around in the menus with your mouse?
    Nope.

Want to scroll through items with arrow keys?
    Then you'll be moving with them also.

Use your ESC key to pause the action like ...you know...in EVERY other game?
    Make sure you rebind it in the config file first.

Reverse your vehicle?
    Same key as reload, so unless you stick with the crazy defaults get used to reversing with "R".

There are lesser issues, such as no FOV control and things like that, the game is actually quite good aside from one or two gameplay gripes, but the mouse issue really takes all the joy out of the action...especially when things get overwhelming.

Considering how great the game generally looks...and how well it runs for me with everything on max I'm surprised by the controls issue.
    Surely its a lesser issue to get the mouse to function like any other game than it is to include support for my max resolution,AA and HBAO/SBAO etc????

Such a simple issue would surely increase sales if fixed.

Baffling.
  9. Apr 30, 2012
    Totally messed up controls. I am surprised mouse is supported at all. Game is introducing you to these messed up commands by messages which contain pictures of gamepad buttons and NO actual keyboard input. Its amazing that anyone can get such a complex project to this stage and forget to update few VERY important introductory messages.
  10. Dec 24, 2012
    A terrible console port that would be otherwise nothing special anyway. Finishing this game would be painful,and I do not want to dull my gaming abilities by playing more of this. Everytime I see those people struggling in "your favourite online fps" I can't help wonder if games like these destroyed their common sense.
  11. Jul 11, 2013
    I have no idea how this cheap-horribly-done-console-port can have score over 5. Graphic is mediocre at best, game-play is horrible, it feels like some beta version of game from 1999. Animation/character movement is a joke, person/team responsible for that should be fired. And the story? Did they assign it to their kids?
  12. Aug 7, 2013
    So you bought Binary Domain for the PC. Too bad for you, because you didn't get a PC version. You got the worst piece of port job of all time, with absolutely retarded controls, where the faster you move your mouse, the slower the camera turns, literally. It's mandatory reverse mouse acceleration, because the game uses some retarded stick emulation bull****.

I know what the config

I know what the config utility is, and I know how to usually fix these things in games. I went as far as downloading a registry fix that universally disables all mouse acceleration, but nothing works to fix this festering pustule of a "PC" game. DO NOT waste one cent of your money on this unless you're fine with using a controller. A PC shooter should absolutely work with a mouse though (and if it doesn't it should feature a warning sticker half the size of the box), so I can't reward this absolute bull**** with a score any higher.
  13. Jun 13, 2014
    Worst port of all time. The game expects you to speak to your teammates (Which it can't recognize for **** This can be disabled though). The game requires you to launch a configurations menu before you start. The save button is below the taskbar, so you can't even save it! I had to mess around with some funky resolutions before I could even save it. Apparently someone at Sega has neverWorst port of all time. The game expects you to speak to your teammates (Which it can't recognize for **** This can be disabled though). The game requires you to launch a configurations menu before you start. The save button is below the taskbar, so you can't even save it! I had to mess around with some funky resolutions before I could even save it. Apparently someone at Sega has never used a PC in their life, and expects you to reload with "M", use "space" as a selection tool, and aim with your arrow keys (Yes, you seriously look around with your arrow keys. Once again, can be changed, but they really make the game a joke by these wonky configurations. Seriously SEGA, instead of wasting time on making these ****ty PC ports, get to work on our Sonic 06 HD remake. Expand

1. Jul 3, 2012
    Less Hot Shots and more Hot Fuzz. [July 2012, p.66]
  2. PC Gamer
    Jun 19, 2012
    The robots blow up good, otherwise this ho-hum shooter fumbles its few ideas and is a shonky port to boot. [Aug 2012, p.58]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jun 18, 2012
    If you can get over the weak beginning the game will catch you – Binary Domain is a breathtaking shooter set in a Hollywood style. A must-have for all fans of "robots-went-angry" situation. [June 2012]