Binary Domain PC

7.7

1. Jun 17, 2012
    I'm not sure if I played the same game everyone else has.This game is totally one of the best Third Person Shooters I have ever played.Awesome graphics,great music,engaging and interesting story and solid gameplay.What else can I expect?

Of course there were some flaws in the PC port,but those can be fixed as easily as running the configuration tool and doing small options tweaks,like showing keyboard buttons for example,something people have complained about.They patched the game for those options to be default now anyways,so there's no problem anymore.

Seriously,this is a must-play for anyone with a slight interest in shooters and/or cyberpunk-themed stuff.
  2. Apr 30, 2012
    This game is good!!!! nice to play....however not too different from other shooters....atmosphere of the game is good..accompanied by decent engaging music.....the voice command system may not be appreciated by all players....ai shooter teammates are dull.....gameplay is similar to gears of war....
  3. May 11, 2012
    All right, after I'd watched several console gameplay videos of BD, I decided to give this game a try when it was finally released for PC. As a huge fan of dark, apocalyptic and rather pessimistic visions of the future of mankind (don't get me wrong, I still believe in humanity, I'd even briefly considered Sarif's point of view before I dismissed that claim and inclined to Taggart'sAll right, after I'd watched several console gameplay videos of BD, I decided to give this game a try when it was finally released for PC. As a huge fan of dark, apocalyptic and rather pessimistic visions of the future of mankind (don't get me wrong, I still believe in humanity, I'd even briefly considered Sarif's point of view before I dismissed that claim and inclined to Taggart's opinion in DE: HR, but anyway!) I was quite looking forward to playing this SEGA's (Nihon-tachi, uh, Japanese, right?) take on a classical western TPS. Moreover, I've always been fascinated by the advanced virtual intelligence research (Isaac Asimov, Matrix, Edi...and Geth...oh wait! The Red Explosion Ending...meh, never mind then) and so I was awaiting with much anticipation what SEGA could come up with. And deliver, they did!
    At the very beginning, we're presented with a fact that around 2080 there are two world corporations producing robots, one in the US (surprisingly!) and another one in Japan, the latter going later rogue and producing robots indistinguishable from humans and so the US with the help of several other nations establishes a covert-op group called The Rust Crew (Rusty Galloway, anyone, no? eh...) and dispatches it to secretly investigate experiments conducted by this (evil!) Japanese corp. The overall story is suprisingly gripping, with several major twists and also the fact that all friendly humans might not be REAL flesh and blood under their skin nor are they even aware of it! (goosebumps!). During this approximately 10-13 hours long ride you can slightly alternate the story with several choices, so yes, some basics of non-linearity can be found there. Throughout the game, you expand your Rust Crew and always run around with two (later even 3!) squadmates, giving them orders, building their trust in you by responding to their various, sometimes even a little bit dumb, questions, nevertheless!, BD still manages to keep you interested in what's going on, jokes and teasing in cutscenes and even in gameplay are served on daily basis. And by the end, I really cared about the characters, they were incredibly well-written (even if a little bit stereotypical - British, Chinese, French, only Russian is missing, ha!). Of course, Mass Effect is still in the Premier League regarding the squadmates, but BD is a decent opponent! Another thing is that you can upgrade all weapons (those of your squadmates as well) via special shops scattered throughout all chapters and also, through this little micro-management thing, your skills long for improvement too!
    Anyway, long story short - It's a very good game worth buying and trying. Even though the soundtrack is far beyond memorable, graphics have seen better days and the main motifs of some characters flirt with being double, even triple-agents, the engaging story, light RPG elements and the idea of a well-coordinated team (+killing hundreds of robots IS extremely satisfying, definitely! And then there are BOSS FIGHTS! Real, Japanese boss fights!!! Fascinating!) can more than make up for the aforementioned cons.
    As for me (and by the time you read this, you've probably guessed it), I had a great time playing Binary Domain and therefore, I would gladly recommend it to anyone, who isn't afraid of a little challenge (and who likes robots, "scrap-heads!" and BOSS FIGHTS!) and doesn't mind certain light-heartiness of this surprisingly well working Nihon-West hybrid. (and BTW, the problems with controls can be solved quite easily via the Config option after clicking on Play, just making sure!) Tanoshimu, minna!
  4. May 8, 2012
    A super game, challenging (at least for me) and entertaining. I agree that the story line was somewhat simplistic, but it still held my attention. The "boss fights" were frequent and great and the characters were people that you could relate to. My only real problem was the number and length of the cut scenes. I realize that the game contained a story, but there must be a less annoyingA super game, challenging (at least for me) and entertaining. I agree that the story line was somewhat simplistic, but it still held my attention. The "boss fights" were frequent and great and the characters were people that you could relate to. My only real problem was the number and length of the cut scenes. I realize that the game contained a story, but there must be a less annoying way of getting the plot across. Also, I agree with the others, instructions are needed on how to convert the game to PC controls. Expand
  5. May 15, 2012
    Jusr finished playing through this, and I can say that while this game came out with a lot of problems(messy controls, console graphics, etc) I enjoyed playing it. The story while not that great kept me interested enough to keep playing. I really liked the bosses, the desgn. In my honest opinion killing the bastards was the most satisfying thing i ever had in a while. It wasn't great but IJusr finished playing through this, and I can say that while this game came out with a lot of problems(messy controls, console graphics, etc) I enjoyed playing it. The story while not that great kept me interested enough to keep playing. I really liked the bosses, the desgn. In my honest opinion killing the bastards was the most satisfying thing i ever had in a while. It wasn't great but I can tell you it is good and [spoiler] FUN [/spoiler] . Expand
  6. Jun 10, 2012
    I enjoyed this game a lot more than I expected to. Yes, the controls are a little wonky because it was a console port, but the story is fun, the boss fights are amazing, and there's a lot of variety, from your usual shoot-em-up to highway chases, jet skis and all sorts of other stuff. It's like a Michael Bay movie - lots of explosions and over-the-top action sequences. Best of all, I neverI enjoyed this game a lot more than I expected to. Yes, the controls are a little wonky because it was a console port, but the story is fun, the boss fights are amazing, and there's a lot of variety, from your usual shoot-em-up to highway chases, jet skis and all sorts of other stuff. It's like a Michael Bay movie - lots of explosions and over-the-top action sequences. Best of all, I never felt like I was just gunning my way through wave after wave of enemies. They put enough changes in environment and boss fights to break up any monotony. Expand
  7. Jul 9, 2012
    An enjoyable console-esque shooter adventure buoyed by an interesting story, amusing squad banter and nice visuals. Much better than reviews and even the demo led me to believe. A bit of a pain in the neck to get used to the oddball key bindings but this is sorted out after five minutes.
  8. Aug 14, 2012
    13+ hours of pure cinematic fun, at least the first playthrough, I'm going for the second since there is a new difficulty level and different endings! The gameplay is like Gears of War, the cover system and the movement, but the shootouts are with robots. Robots that not only react dinamically to your strategies but you can actually "handicap" them if you aim at certain spots, for example13+ hours of pure cinematic fun, at least the first playthrough, I'm going for the second since there is a new difficulty level and different endings! The gameplay is like Gears of War, the cover system and the movement, but the shootouts are with robots. Robots that not only react dinamically to your strategies but you can actually "handicap" them if you aim at certain spots, for example : if you take out the head, their aiming system goes nuts, if you aim for the legs, they crawl, if you aim for the arm... well they won't hold a weapon anymore. The shooting with petty robots is fun, and so are the big robot boss fights, kind of reminds me of Monster Hunter in the slightest. Finally, the great part is the RPG part, you build trust levels with your comrades, talk to them, get to know them, you split up, choose your team, you respond to them, I really like that, it reminds me of Mass Effect (althought the system is not THAT deep, but still pretty nice). The only fault with this game is it's Voice Recognition system, turned off immediately. I've played the whole experience with a controller, but there is nothing wrong with the keyboard controls that you can modify in the configuration. Definitely underrated, love it. Expand
  9. May 17, 2012
    I was surprised but this one! Its a game that is just fun to play. True its just the same as on the consoles which is a shame but graphics does not make a game more fun. Story is ok and the dialog between you and you're squad can be funny at times. Story build up a bit slow tho. You can buy upgrades for you or a squad mates weapon with credits earned by killing enemy's and buy perks at aI was surprised but this one! Its a game that is just fun to play. True its just the same as on the consoles which is a shame but graphics does not make a game more fun. Story is ok and the dialog between you and you're squad can be funny at times. Story build up a bit slow tho. You can buy upgrades for you or a squad mates weapon with credits earned by killing enemy's and buy perks at a store which has a little lottery at the end :). if you are lucky you will get an random item. When you 'die' you can heal yourself with a med kit or let a teammate do it for you...but they have a limited supply of them. The real fun is in killing the robots, they splatter all over you're screen.... robots part going every where. when you shot of there legs the crawl towards you or pick up a gun and continue firing ....very well done imo. I do recommend using a controller for this one and the voice recognition does not work for me at all, not that you need it :p. Its a solid 8 from me . Very happy that the game made its way to PC.
    If you like third person shooters you should check this game out or if you hate robots this game is for you! Shooting robots in this game never gets old!
  10. Jul 22, 2012
    This game was amazing. The SP lasted a total of 9 hours for me and it by far has the best story line of any game I have seen this year or even in the last 5 years.

Ill just copy and paste my steam recommendation for the rest. A suprisingly good game. The reviews made it out to be a turd, but this game was great. It had a really good story with very well done characters, some pretty

Ill just copy and paste my steam recommendation for the rest.

A suprisingly good game. The reviews made it out to be a turd, but this game was great. It had a really good story with very well done characters, some pretty heavy choices, a great variety of enemies, over a dozen unique boss fights, and great all be it a somewhat generic gunplay. The only thing I found wrong with the game was the voice recognition if you physically wanted to talk to your teammates it doesnt work very well, but can be disabled and completely ignored thanks to ingame command options that pop up during conversations. I highly recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of futuristic/scifi stories and doesnt mind plenty of run and gun action. On a final note I was suprised to see that I had a total of 9.1 hours gameplay which is amazing seeing as more and more games are cutting SP short in exchange for more MP content. P.S. Dont skip the credits there is a special treat at the end.

I pray this game gets a sequel and I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as i did.
  11. Feb 10, 2013
    I simply love the game. The story is amazing, the characters quite deep, and at the end there is a twist after twist, but they all kinda make sense. It's not a soulless western Hollywood style game where everything is just a great dull cliché of political correctness Binary Domain has a soul, and a big one!

It's cool that your performance affects the trust of your teammates, and that

It's cool that your performance affects the trust of your teammates, and that the confidence they have in you directly impacts the outcome of the story. The enemies are just awesome, the fact that you can shot their legs, arms, heads off, and that what you with them alters their behavior in such a natural way that's just unseen anywhere else (at least I haven't heard of any other title with such a feature).

It's just so entertaining and the difficulty level just perfectly balanced: there is a challenge but at the same time you can relax and enjoy the action. Sure, there were moments I died a lot trying to kill some boss, but it was fun all the time, because I would eventually I manage to finish it before I started getting bored.

I tried to think of some flaws, maybe a reason no to give this game 10 out of 10, but frankly, I couldn't find any. This is a masterpiece.
  12. Dec 22, 2012
    Sad story of a brilliant game just not getting good enough advertisement.

Try it now you've finally heard of it, if you like cover shooters, you'll love it.
  13. Mar 9, 2013
    I get across the game accidentally, while standing in queue in supermarket, they have a big screen near VIDEO department showing different trailers etc. There I saw the trailer of the game and I was curious the game looked very well, so I decided to try it.
    To put it in a nutshell the game is a masterpiece for me, I wasn't so happy and eager to play any game for last year after "Alan Wake". The plot is tasty and not trite heroes are all unique and humorous, graphic is top-notch (especially for game that needs less than 7Gb of HDdrive space some games take over 10 and are real trash devs of BD are magicians) the game looks adequate both on standard screen and HD, I really love the HUD style like in "the 3rd birthday" psp game.
    Not much games this days are this cool and worthwhile, and not much games this day get 10 out of 10, but this one should and would Thx devs for such a great game.
    PS. It's awful, but I could never find out about the game if no queue in supermarket and no trailer of the game on screen, this is all because of well-publicized titles of other games that now are usually is a waste, and such great games like BD stays in shadow for lots of ppl.
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    I recommend a 360 controller for sure - I am using voice commands with 98% recognition (LB can issue commands very easily though). I bought this game expecting it to be horrible, but the graphics are beautiful and run silky-smooth. The voice acting is top notch and the CG animations are OMG to die for!

After I found the work-around to make my wired 3rd party xbox controller to work I found this to be an amazing game. It is so immersive with a robust well conceived story that seemed custom-tailored to me (nice to have a story at all these days). I don't get too excited about games, but I would have paid full price for this game. I feel dirty and shameful for only having paid $5 for this title.

Extremely underrated!
  15. Jan 9, 2013
    This is a grossly underrated shooter. The action is good, robots crumble apart as you shoot them. This means locational damage. If you land headshots the robot will attack enemies for a time. Shoot their legs off and they crawl around. There are a few different types of robots, the little guys have problems navigating but the rest are a good variation and well designed. Boss battles areThis is a grossly underrated shooter. The action is good, robots crumble apart as you shoot them. This means locational damage. If you land headshots the robot will attack enemies for a time. Shoot their legs off and they crawl around. There are a few different types of robots, the little guys have problems navigating but the rest are a good variation and well designed. Boss battles are great and they are not stupidly hard as in many games of similar structure. At most they took me 2 attempts and I barely was forced into cover on normal. There was only one boss battle with an attack that caused an instant down state. They have weak points but I got a lot of fun from just about every boss. Characters are varied, fairly well voiced and compliment each other. The acting and story is very hammy but I also found great interest in the Hollow Children (robots who don't know they are robots). The protagonist is a fairly likeable character too. The visuals are well above average with some impressive vistas and good character models. Ran very well for me, controls are good with option to reconfigure. The cut scenes are excellent with great motion capture and action (they are skippable). The Voice recognition system is not perfect but it worked most of the time. Yell out "charge" to finish off the last few enemies or "regroup" when you need to get on an elevator to move to the next area. It's a good length game at around 9 hours. I didn't find that it repeated sequences or became a chore at any point. There are well placed breaks in the action that might have you zipping around on a jet ski or chatting to your squad in the slums beneath the city. One of the best shooters of 2012. Expand
  16. Jul 28, 2014
    A great Japanese style TPS, good story, good soundtrack, good gameplay, good characters...good everything! From the creators of Yakuza series you can`t expect anything else then a masterpiece, and this game absolutely is.
  17. Dec 24, 2012
    What are the strong points?
    - Story driven with many cut scenes
    - Respond to your party member question and influence them positively or negatively. - Use keyboard or microphone to control actions party member. Like fire, regroup, attack, etc - Powerup stats of player and/ or weapon. - Very diverse robots - Huge Robot bosses Negative points: - Party members sometimes walk in
    What are the strong points?
    - Story driven with many cut scenes
    - Powerup stats of player and/ or weapon.
    - Very diverse robots
    - Huge Robot bosses

Negative points:
    - Party members sometimes walk in front of your firingl line. Their AI is not always correct.

Recommend if you like shooter, robots (mechs), Sci-fi near future world , story.
  18. Mar 18, 2013
    great game amazing story good gameplay mechanics and love the trust system great cover system the minor g=complaint that I can say is the epicness it felt a little dull but overall a great game
  19. Dec 31, 2012
    The duck n' cover genre of games are a relatively successful one. Most of the titles are very good, particularly the Gears of War franchise. Binary Domain is the latest in the franchise that is very similar to the GoW games but just not as good. The best things about BD is the gameplay. It's clean, efficient and free of glitches unlike Max Payne 3 which uses the same type of system butThe duck n' cover genre of games are a relatively successful one. Most of the titles are very good, particularly the Gears of War franchise. Binary Domain is the latest in the franchise that is very similar to the GoW games but just not as good. The best things about BD is the gameplay. It's clean, efficient and free of glitches unlike Max Payne 3 which uses the same type of system but not as well oddly enough. The weapon and skill upgrades are simple with purchases made from kills. Weapon wheel is a bit clunky with no help from the mouse wheel (can't be mapped). Reticule is clear and direct which gives easy aim for all weapons (again, unlike MP3). The cover function works perfectly. It's realistic in terms of exposure from incoming fire and movement between cover is quick and direct. Character movement is fast but suffers from some difficulty by having the same key mapped for 'run' as well as 'cover' actions. The designs of the buildings, robots and costumes are excellent. They are very detailed and creative, particularly the bosses. The FMV is very well rendered with vibrant definition in the human faces and their movement. There is only ONE glitch that I found in the entire game and it's a small one: the character's belt vibrates erratically as he moves. It looks like a crazed fanny pack. The difficulty is adequate and not very challenging when fighting the usual drone bots. The bosses are the opposite as they are very hard to defeat at times. The character goes from different battle scenarios that are very exciting and packed with bullet-spewing fun. The team commands work well but don't really affect the situations enough to warrant consistent use. The biggest fault in BD is the story. It's almost the same as the story from the last Battlestar Galactica series. The story is unoriginal and corny and the dialogue is absolutely horrendous. It was so painful to wade through (no way to forward it either) the stupid and insipid script between Bo and Dan. Bo's stereotypical "homeboy" dialogue is so not needed in this time period and sounds totally ridiculous. The music is terrible with it's silly techno that takes away from the tone of the game. If the game removed most of the dialogue and streamlined the game more away from the redundant fire fights it would've been perfect. As it is now - it's a hell of an action game with stunning visuals and gameplay. Just play it without the sound if possible. Expand
  20. Jan 5, 2013
    Just finished the campaign. On one hand I felt like playing Mass Effect 3 (the same cover-based combat, crew members, relationships with them etc) on the other hand I felt like playing some arcade machine (like House Of The Dead with a plastic gun in you hand connected to the automat by a cable). The game is pretty dynamic, you won't get bored, though there are some annoying moments likeJust finished the campaign. On one hand I felt like playing Mass Effect 3 (the same cover-based combat, crew members, relationships with them etc) on the other hand I felt like playing some arcade machine (like House Of The Dead with a plastic gun in you hand connected to the automat by a cable). The game is pretty dynamic, you won't get bored, though there are some annoying moments like jet ski (which reminded me of Battletoads in a bad way) or boss battles like destroy all legs/motors/arms or whatever. The crew members are all great and memorable, though the relationships with them suffer from a lack of depth. There are some RPG elements like weapon upgrades and nanomachines (skills). The graphics are decent, the cut scenes are really awesome. I'd say that this game has all AAA-class project attributes. And I don't understand why it doesn't become a hit. Probably there were no budget for big advertisement/marketing to make hype around the game. P.S. I've played with mouse/keyboard. Everything was OK, I had no problems at all. I didn't try the microphone voice command system, but had no problems with giving orders from my keyboard. Expand
  21. May 18, 2013
    I loved this game so much, in all it its aspects from live full of surprises personalities and funny positions also you need to have an idea for progress in the game the story that despite its simplicity, but it remains acceptable and I think the only problem that I encountered in the game is the camera where there is difficulty in guiding it horizontally  I hope that there is a secondI loved this game so much, in all it its aspects from live full of surprises personalities and funny positions also you need to have an idea for progress in the game the story that despite its simplicity, but it remains acceptable and I think the only problem that I encountered in the game is the camera where there is difficulty in guiding it horizontally  I hope that there is a second part after this part Expand
  22. Sep 26, 2014
    For some reason I really love this game. The dialog is terrible, the love story is cheesy, the voice recognition butchers every command I give, but there's something downright charming about Binary Domain.

I played the demo with a keyboard and mouse and hated it (it's a terrible console port), but later after I bought a 360 controller I found the game and sale and gave it a second shot. The first thing that will strike you is the destruction physics of the robot--there's nothing like it in any other game I've played. There is an incredibly visceral feel to every shot you take that either dismembers, decapitates or otherwise cripples a robot. Every weapon feels really good and every baddie feels really good shooting. Boss fights are particularly satisfying as they often evolve and change tactics as you decimate them piece by piece.

Second, the near-future setting and story taking place in a closed-border Japan is really really cool. The environments give an epic feeling making you feel like as small as a fly. And the story, although not terribly deep, keeps things moving at a nice pace alongside the constant action. As mentioned previously, the dialog is really, really, cheesy; but somehow it works. I don't know whether it was done on purpose but you feel like you're in a B-rated sci-fi film except that it's actually quite entertaining. Finally, the game is the perfect length for me--it's always better to want to stay in the game's universe a bit longer than getting bored and having too much. Binary Domain does the former. Overall, A fun sci-fi action-romp that surprisingly became one of my favorite underrated games.
  23. May 4, 2012
    I completed the game yesterday and I don't know if it's just me being weird, but I really liked this game. It has a very interesting story with twists, good characters and dialogue, awesome over-the-top action and really interesting and detailed robot design, + the graphics look good (not the best, definitely not the worst, but very good).

Now the thing most people here complain about-

Now the thing most people here complain about- almost non-working controls has been fixed with the latest patch. The controls are still a bit iffy, but definitely nothing game-breaking, I was able to complete the game without any problems. It's a solid game, give it a try!
  24. May 4, 2012
    Would have been a 7.5, but it rounds to 8. ####pro: enjoyable NPC's robots can be shattered wonderful atmosphere receptive support/post release patching enjoyable story ####con: Some poor performance when mass rockets are fired and bosses explode a bit of tearing in cutscenes forces slow walking sections
  25. May 7, 2012
    One of the best FPS ive been playing for a while, a great characters, great story, nice setting, a unique plot, really, only one minus is that PC version is a bad port, otherwise it would be10/10.

For the whole game, it really is a good game, if you let it inside you, if you dont mind clunky controlls. One of the best FPSs this year, and one of the best FPSs ive played in my life,

One of the best FPSs this year, and one of the best FPSs ive played in my life, looking forward to Binary Domain 2. Cheers Koty.
  26. Jul 15, 2012
    Das Game ist ja mal sowas von UNTERBEWERTET !!!! Beim zocken musste ich immer an Ghost in the Shell und Isaac Asimov denken. Die Technische Seite ist auch vollkommen in Ordnung (mal was anderes als dauernd mit Unrealengines und Co zugeballert zu werden), da sehr detailreiche Gegner und passendes Leveldesign. Das Coversystem von GoW funzt auch einwandfrei, nur das vollquatschen des TeamsDas Game ist ja mal sowas von UNTERBEWERTET !!!! Beim zocken musste ich immer an Ghost in the Shell und Isaac Asimov denken. Die Technische Seite ist auch vollkommen in Ordnung (mal was anderes als dauernd mit Unrealengines und Co zugeballert zu werden), da sehr detailreiche Gegner und passendes Leveldesign. Das Coversystem von GoW funzt auch einwandfrei, nur das vollquatschen des Teams ist leider noch nicht so ausgereift (fehlerquote ist zu hoch), kann man aber auch ganz gut so zocken über die selektierbaren Befehle. Naja schade - da Tiefgreifende Storys mittlerweile Out sind, man lieber nur öden austauschbaren Shootereinerlei gut bewertet, werden wir hier kaum eine Fortsetzung erwarten können (was aber nicht verkehrt ist, da das Game in sich abgeschlossen ist und als solches ohne Fortsetzung stehen bleiben kann).
    MfG
  27. May 1, 2012
    Most people complaining here are just dumb who can't even check the "Configure Binary Domain" option when you click Play. You can deactivate the Xbox controller layout and activate the PC one. You can also turn off the Voice system (which didn't work for me so I had to do it) and use the tab button and choose one of the options to answer instead.

It's not a GOTY, but it's pretty fun if

It's not a GOTY, but it's pretty fun if you can configure it right instead of whinning without even knowing is possible to change most of the things the haters are whinning about. Great action, good boss battles. Couldn't ask more in a TPS.

The main plot is not original (man vs machine cliche) but the story is satisfactory. The trust system could be improved tho, it's not the best. Another flaw is the FOV, don't play near the monitor or will may have a headache.
  28. May 1, 2012
    Love it or hate it !!!
    For me it was a GREAT GAME not the best of course but great. I just finished it and it was a very satisfying experience but i recommend a gamepad because there are just too many buttons and battles can be a bit frustrating at times...
  29. Jan 6, 2013
    Brilliant game! Do not miss it! The gameplay is buttery smooth, making it very satisfying to blast apart robots. The characters are in-depth, interesting and likable. The graphics and art direction are superbly. The boss battles are huge and impressive, making them very satisfying to take out. But most of all, the story in Binary Domain is top notch. This game will keep you interested fromBrilliant game! Do not miss it! The gameplay is buttery smooth, making it very satisfying to blast apart robots. The characters are in-depth, interesting and likable. The graphics and art direction are superbly. The boss battles are huge and impressive, making them very satisfying to take out. But most of all, the story in Binary Domain is top notch. This game will keep you interested from start to finish. Expand
  30. Jan 15, 2013
    Good game, I had tons of fun with it. Bad thing is.. it's just a lazy port, controls are a bit awkward as well as the camera movement. Boss battles are fun, you have to do different things to beat every one of them. With more polish it could have been an awesome game. Also, many may criticize the story, but I personally loved it. I'd love a sequel but seems like there won't be any as theGood game, I had tons of fun with it. Bad thing is.. it's just a lazy port, controls are a bit awkward as well as the camera movement. Boss battles are fun, you have to do different things to beat every one of them. With more polish it could have been an awesome game. Also, many may criticize the story, but I personally loved it. I'd love a sequel but seems like there won't be any as the game didn't get a good reception... Expand
  31. May 29, 2013
    I am bursting with accolades for this game. I am a third and first person shooter junkie of many years and for me, this is my second all-time favourite game after Halo Anniversary. BD almost slipped under my radar due to a lackluster advertising campaign in the West which reduced sales and pretty-much killed the chance of a sequel.

For me, Binary Domain ticks all the right boxes:

For me, Binary Domain ticks all the right boxes: engaging story and characters, smooth gameplay, crisp graphics, attention to detail, powerful weapons, interesting enemy AI and great music. Some have criticised the story and characters for being sterotypical and cliche-ridden. Although these elements might seem generic on the surface, there is a surprising amount of emotional depth attached to them and even a generic story can be enjoyable if it is intelligent, stylish and well-written, which this is. Personally, I think the writers and developers deserve multiple awards the game just stands that far above its shallow Western counterparts such as the Gears of War franchise.

The only real flaws are the ineffective voice recognition (which can easily be bypassed), the dead multiplayer and the meagre Invasion/Horde mode that is too difficult to play solo. Aside fom these aspects, I have no hesitation in recommending Binary Domain to all shooter fans.
  32. Jun 11, 2013
    Definitely one of the best games i've EVER played. And i've played games since 1988 when i was 4 years old. Graphics wise this game could be better. But the story, the chemistry between your teammates, voice acting and animations make this game feel like a movie. And a good one! This is the most underrated game of 2012 and it's sad. I too thought that this was another shooter but boy was iDefinitely one of the best games i've EVER played. And i've played games since 1988 when i was 4 years old. Graphics wise this game could be better. But the story, the chemistry between your teammates, voice acting and animations make this game feel like a movie. And a good one! This is the most underrated game of 2012 and it's sad. I too thought that this was another shooter but boy was i surprised. Expand
  33. Jul 30, 2013
    this game offers a great experience as it has a lot of action packed game play and interesting sci_fi story if you're interested in robots and so you'll surely like this game the game would have been perfect except for some problems like the beginning of the game needs some patient player if you get over it you'll play the game if not you'll never play it also the voice link wasthis game offers a great experience as it has a lot of action packed game play and interesting sci_fi story if you're interested in robots and so you'll surely like this game the game would have been perfect except for some problems like the beginning of the game needs some patient player if you get over it you'll play the game if not you'll never play it also the voice link was really bad it is broken and the controls are a mess and it doesn't have keyboard keys instead it show console keys which was frustrating to find but other than that the game was really good and fun Expand
  34. Aug 22, 2013
    Excelent game, very nice and original history, so much efficient and fun game play, excelent bosses. very nice graphics, totally deserve a sequel and more players, just need more freedom and more tactical commands and dialogs
  35. Oct 15, 2013
    Binary Domain is one of the best TPS out there. If you are looking for a shooter with a sci-fi robotic story, this is your game! Everyone who likes movies like IRobots, Terminator won't be disappointed. Badly the gameplay is just slightly over average. If a good story and average gameplay is for you enough, you will have a good time with this game.

Beside the campaign you get also a

Beside the campaign you get also a co-op mode (horde mode) which has a survival, team-play, resource management aspect in it. A surprising good game mode with rare connection issues. There is also a versus mode but better stay away from it. All the crashes and connection issues. It isn't worth the money (The connection issues are by far heavier than in the co-op mode).

Overall it is a great game and definitely a try worth!
  36. Dec 14, 2013
    great storyline had me hooked in mins i only paid 6 pounds for this game would willingly paid full price great graphics i would recommend this to all third person shooter fans give it a go you wont be disappointed
  37. Apr 29, 2014
    I have never playing this game before and I sum up the score by 10. The Game-story is very good, the Graphics are awesome and the robots are so good .
  38. Jul 30, 2014
    Good story, good graphics and gameplay. The only reason why I didn't give it a 10 was that the voice controller ability wasn't working as well as it could have. This game is 10 hours flat. So if you have nothing to do over a rainy weekend, this game is a good diversion.

Essential for anyone who is into robopacalypse style fiction: see Do Andriods Dream of Electric Sheep, I, Robot and Robopacalypse.
  39. Jan 19, 2015
    I just loved this game.

Graphics are excellent.
    Gampeplay is amazing
    Controls are good enough
    Story is quite good.
    And the partners/alternate stories/liking system is unique.

I even played 2 times in order to get the best ending!. The only thing missing is a continuation of the story, perhaps a sequel is needed?.
  40. May 26, 2015
    Can't believe this game got rated so poorly. By far one of the most entertaining shooters I have ever played. It's too bad Sega has such a bad marketing department and lousy track record in regards to creating sequels.
  41. Mar 14, 2016
    No me esperaba gran cosa del juego pero me sorprendio y mucho. El unico fallo que le encuentro es el sistema de fidelidad y la duracion total del juego, se hace un pelin corta.
  42. Jan 26, 2017
    Honestamente me parece uno de los juegos mas infravalorados que existen junto a Spec Ops The Line. Si, el sistema de ordenes a tus compañeros es poco efectivo excepto cuando ellos toman la iniciativa, a IA es regular aunque tirando para buena y el sistema de moralidad es una mierda. Pero sacando esos puntos es un juego por de mas de atrapante en historia, y tiene unas mecánicas adictivasHonestamente me parece uno de los juegos mas infravalorados que existen junto a Spec Ops The Line. Si, el sistema de ordenes a tus compañeros es poco efectivo excepto cuando ellos toman la iniciativa, a IA es regular aunque tirando para buena y el sistema de moralidad es una mierda. Pero sacando esos puntos es un juego por de mas de atrapante en historia, y tiene unas mecánicas adictivas y muy divertidas, Altamente recomendado. Si sega corrige estas cosas se podría ver una secuela Expand
  43. Jan 27, 2017
    Ever wondered what would happen if the Yakuza team tried something new? Ever wondered if they could make something else, other than the Yakuza (Ryū ga Gotoku) series? Well, here's our first taste at that - and its tone is very different from the games that they usually make.

If you're expecting innovation, then this isn't the game for you. The gameplay is the same as every other cover shooter in the last decade. The only thing going for it is that every enemy is a robot, and that their covering flies away into bits and pieces when you're shooting them. There's also the trust system which affects your team's view about you, and their performance in battle. Other than that, you'll just plow through enemies like you did in Gears of War's casual mode. Mini games? Not here. Cooky and weird moments? You'll have to play Yakuza for that.

This game is all about story - and it's one heck of a wild ride; a lot different from Kazuma Kiryu's adventures in the Japanese underground. The game doesn't throw a lot of exposition around, and the player is treated as a foreigner to this world that the dev team created. Binary Domain is mature, emotional, and adrenaline-fueled; somehow balanced by smart comedic timing. Though it dashes through the themes and philosophical questions that it asks itself, it's great to see a game try and tread topics like the evolution of AI, and climate change.

And there you have it.
  44. Apr 4, 2017
    I PLAYED BINARY DOMAIN NOW IN 2017...AND GUESS WHAT ITS THE BEST THIRD PERSON SHOOTER I PLAYED IN MANY YEARS.
    IT HAS ROBOTS AND ROBOTS...
    STORY is awsome WEAPONS are awsome THERE are rare game which have ROBOTS IN STORY ITS GREAT sci fi action shooter game Its must play title ITS one of the best game ever made by developer OF YAKUZA AND FINAL WORD PLEASE BRING BINARY DOMAIN SEQUEL
    IT HAS ROBOTS AND ROBOTS...
    STORY is awsome
    WEAPONS are awsome
    THERE are rare game which have ROBOTS IN STORY
    ITS GREAT sci fi action shooter game
    Its must play title
    ITS one of the best game ever made by developer OF YAKUZA
    AND FINAL WORD
    PLEASE BRING BINARY DOMAIN SEQUEL ...PLS PLS PLS SEGA .....

1. Jul 3, 2012
    Less Hot Shots and more Hot Fuzz. [July 2012, p.66]
  2. PC Gamer
    Jun 19, 2012
    The robots blow up good, otherwise this ho-hum shooter fumbles its few ideas and is a shonky port to boot. [Aug 2012, p.58]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jun 18, 2012
    If you can get over the weak beginning the game will catch you – Binary Domain is a breathtaking shooter set in a Hollywood style. A must-have for all fans of "robots-went-angry" situation. [June 2012]