7.0

1. Oct 20, 2011
    simply put, if you like classic games from the NES and SNES era, you will love this game i would rank it in my top 10 games of this decade, its simple, challenging, yet tirelessly addictive 10/10 for the soundtrack 10/10 for controls 10/10 for overall gameplay graphics imo are nothing special, but what do you expect from a sidescroller? its still very in-keeping with the retro 8-bit theme, but the graphics are obviously far improved

alot of effort went into making this game, and it really shows

not to mention the multiplayer mode! its not the main feature of the game, but get 4 wireless 360 controllers hooked up to your rig and play against your friends, it always results in serious fun :D

and to add an extra challenge to the game, try playing coop on super difficulty! its rediculous!
  2. Dec 24, 2013
    Ups i thought i was in the 3D-bionic section when i wrote that earlier review which started like After completing the outstanding 'Bionic Commando: Rearmed', I was eager to see if Grin, the developer, could transfer the swing mechanic into the third-dimension. 8 hours later to beat the game on Hard difficulty, I can confirm they did. No other game does it better, n...."
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    It's a good game! I enjoyed it till the end! The controls felt a bit hard at the beginning, but this can be due to the fact that I never played this game before (the old version). This includes the area selection, I had problem going to 1 diagonal. My last complain is that the game on easy felt a bit difficult, apart from the bosses. But since I haven't played arcade games in a while, this can be only my problem.
    Except those little details, I had great fun! I really enjoyed the game, playing with my gf x]
  4. Oct 7, 2013
    Very well remade 8-bit classic. Nice looking 2D world with 3D graphics tons of extra content, and still very challenging gameplay. The only thing that really bugged me though are the frustrating swing controls. Running, shooting, it all works fine as far as platformers go, but swinging with the bionic can be very frustrating at times. Sure it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it but even then it's quite easy to make a mistake, a fatal mistake most of the time as you will most likely fall in a hole or on spikes. There are just too many ways of swinging to bind it to just one single button and a thumbstick.
    But even though frustrating at times it's still a quality platformer that is capable of giving you a good fun and a good challange.
  5. Jul 18, 2013
    Bionic Commando Rearmed is a reboot for NES classic Bionic Commando. There are some added features like new graphics and being able to switch weapons easily during missions but the gameplay is pretty much the same as back then. Problem is that I really like the old pixel art and the new "style" doesn't quite fit the atmosphere. It's still definitely a fun and good game but I recommend playing the old one on Nintendo or setting up an emulator to enjoy the original experience. Expand
  6. Oct 17, 2013
    After a tutorial that's approximately as harrowing as being forced to masturbate in a hall of mirrors while clown music is playing and everyone you ever hated is laughing at you, you're transported into a game which sets you as a bionic commando whose bionic powers are so amazing he can't even step over a small breezeblock. Oh, this thing can go STRAIGHT up a weasel's bum!
  7. Jan 8, 2014
    I wanted to like this game but it is killed by the same crappy control scheme that the original NES version was infamous for. Back in those NES glory days, we kids never questioned why a bionic commando would be unable to jump or climb over an obstacle. Now, though, it’s stupid and frustrating.

Many positive reviews celebrate this as being a “hard” game, but all of its difficulty stems
    from the crappy controls. It shouldn’t be rewarded for bad design. I could get over not being able to jump or climb if the grappling mechanics were smooth and responsive, but they aren’t. They’re clunky & counter intuitive. And this in a game full of instant death areas that oh by the way gives you a certain number of lives to get through each level.

I stopped this after about an hour, once I reached a level with a secret area I could not get into after dying & starting all the way over five times. I knew exactly what I had to do and it wasn’t very complicated, but the controls are so unresponsive it became impossibly hard. Then I thought about how, if I did manage to make it into the secret area, I would have to navigate back out the way I came and survive through the rest of the level and the boss fight. If I ran out of lives before that, I’d have to do the entire level all over again. Who thinks that’s fun?

This game could have been great if they had retooled the grappling system and the level designs. Instead they essentially lifted everything straight from the NES original aside from the graphics. If they weren’t going to update the controls, they should have at least given infinite lives & checkpoints inside levels since the gameplay boils down to tons of trial, error & luck. I bought this during a Steam sale and I regret the purchase. My advice is to get an emulated version of the original NES version. It will give you almost the same experience.
  8. Feb 20, 2014
    (My weird english vs. Weird game)
    The graphics is pretty good, and the shooting is not bad, but there is no jump button. I can jump.. a weak 5 years old kid can jump. And The Bionic GODD*MN Commando, he can't jump. He is an elite soldier, for god sake! He can't even jump! He need to use his bionic arm, to jump over a simply box! It's.. i mean, what is this? If i want to go through a box,
    i aint gonna cut off my arm, and swing over it, i just simply gonna do one simply thing: JUMP!
    Trial and error gameplay, frustrating and lame controls..
    Don't buy this.
  9. Apr 10, 2011
    Terrible controls make this game almost unplayable and it takes forever to figure out what to do at boss fights. I would recommend this game only for masochists.
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    Awkward controls, lack of movement options (can only shoot left/right, no jumping) and poor AI. I'm surprised this game got high ratings in this day and age.

The soundtrack to Bionic Commando: Rearmed is a fantastic piece of work, a deft contemporary reworking of classic 8-bit NES tunes. In fact, it's so good that Capcom put it up for sale on the iTunes Store months ago to build hype for the game.
    From top to bottom, Bionic Commando Rearmed is an incredible game that's well worth owning.
  3. BCR is at once beautifully reminiscent of its era, and polished enough to be palatable to a modern audience. The core grappling and swinging mechanic is satisfying, the weapons a joy to wield and the levels are imaginatively designed.