8.5

1. Dec 2, 2014
    Episode 2 is indeed longer than the first episode. Four hours of gameplay vs less than 1 hour. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 9/10 - excellent as Episode 1 2. Gameplay: 1/10 - unsatisfying, stealth oriented, player basically crouches through the entire game. Want to be a dominating hero? Sorry, but you're a glass vase. 3. Story: 1/10 - little connection to BS Infinite's

1. Graphics: 9/10 - excellent as Episode 1
    3. Story: 1/10 - little connection to BS Infinite's actual plot. Conclusion of the series may be disappointing for some.

Overall, below average game.
  2. Mar 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you liked Bioshock Infinite don't go anywhere near this DLC. This DLC is about the torture and killing of Elizabeth for no good reason at all. She gave up godhood, lost all her powers, and adopted a suicidal mentality for what? The random little sister who she used as bait in BoS 1? Bull.

So because of this, she winds up playing into the bad guy's hands, when she knows he will betray and kill her. What the heck kind of message is that?

I'm knocking off 4-5 points on what would otherwise be a 7-8 experience. 3 for the incredibly badly written, insulting plot and 2 for the most disturbing torture scene in gaming. I did not play this series to watch a main character be tortured in this way, I had to choke back vomit.

Also combat is totally broken when you fully upgrade the peeping tom plasmid, just stealth standing still, wait for a target to be vulnerable, then instakill it with your melee, cloak again and repeat. Don't worry, even if the enemies collide with you, they won't find you.

Also there was no payoff for doing a no-kill run either, thanks for that.
  3. Apr 3, 2014
    Extremely disappointed with the game. Graphics is nice, but game play is rigged with instant kills, and story is just terrible! I wish I never play the DLC at all. Because the story destroys my 80 hours I clocked to play original Bioshock Infinite. It is so bad.

So I played it, finished it and I don't recommend it to anybody. Accept my opinion, or delete my review again from metacritics. I don't care.
  4. Apr 28, 2014
    Absolute garbage, poor writing, over - convoluted, more pointless than not. Not really anything else I can say about that other than it will be a cold day in he'll before I give Lavine any more money.
  5. Sep 9, 2014
    I er vrot, garbage Pawson not play Ilyukha perdak poraval, I will not play this garbage! I er vrot, garbage Pawson not play Ilyukha perdak poraval, I will not play this garbage! I er vrot, garbage Pawson not play Ilyukha perdak poraval, I will not play this garbage!
  6. Jan 4, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You will either love it or hate it, both story and gameplay.
    Gameplay: it's a stealth game. I did not disliked it entirely, but it get repetitive very fast, especially with enemies respawning without reason in places where you already have been just moments ago. It's a 6/10.
    Story: it has few good moments (the beginning), but to me it's a 0 since it means nothing for someone who just played Infinite but not BS1. At the same time, if you have to give it canon status, its retcons destroy a lot of Bioshock Infinite lore making it all about BS 1. Also plotholes big as houses (spoiler ahead: if Liz cannot go back to a universe where she died without losing her powers, how we can find a voxophone in Bioshock Infinite at the photograph store where the owner ask the Lutece how could they be alive if he took the pictures for their funeral, and they didn't lose their powers to travel through tears in BS:I? It's a big plot hole that scream "we just wanted a reason for Liz to not save herself with her powers.) .
    Wish i never played it, but since a lot of people loved it give it a try if you preferred BS1 over BS:I.
  7. Nov 4, 2015
    Very disappointed with the DLC. Episode 1 was terrible (short, didn't introduce almost anything new, except the setting), but Episode 2 does nothing to fix its predecessor's mistakes.
    First of all, gameplay feels underdeveloped and generic. Opponents' AI is just bad - if you get spotted by someone, you can hide in the nearest shadows and perform a silent takedown on him once he's close enough. Also, it's hard to being spotted in the first place - even if you stand literally next so someone, he may not notice you at all. I've felt that stealth missions from GTA San Andreas were more interesting than Burial at Sea, not even mentioning stealth oriented games, like Manhunt, Splinter Cell or Hitman series.
    The only good thing about gameplay is its idea - I have to admit, changing the brute force known from all the three Bioshock games was a fresh idea. However its practical usage is less than mediocre, and not everyone has to like it.

Next important thing - the story. It's simply pathetic. Episode 1 is accused to be nonsensical and diminish/contradict Infinite's ending. Episode 2 doesn't even try to fix the plot - it adds only more nonsense to it. Connection between Infinite and Bioshock 1 fails so miserably, by contradicting with literally every single Bioshock in existence (especially Bioshock 2, but also there are problems with Big Daddies and Little Sisters' history and behavior from Bioshock 1, or events from Bioshock: Rapture novel).

The entire DLC seems to have little to no character development and chemistry. Elizabeth is actually quite boring and characterless - that's really sad, after seeing her complexity and evolution in Infinite. Atlas is a purely evil antagonist, with absolutely no good sides - thus making him one dimensional. He's portrayed as a dumb thug - nothing compared to Atlas known from Bioshock 1 or Bioshock: Rapture. Sally, not surprisingly, has no personality whatsoever, just like in Episode 1.

The DLC's ending does not connect Infinite to Bioshock 1 - it tries to shock you and tell "Bioshock 1 is superior to Infinite by every aspect. It's the one and only relevant game in the franchise". The "connection", however, is based upon nonsensical plot, contradicting with other Bioshock games, yet dependant on them.
    Even though the idea of stealth oriented gameplay and Elizabeth being the protagonist is nice, the final product is far from satisfying. It's rushed, underdeveloped and its story, sadly, has no logical sense whatsoever. It's criticized by a huge part of the fanbase, to the point, it's often considered to be a "what if scenario" or, in more extreme cases, as a completely non canon product, rather than a "bridge" between Bioshock 1 and Infinite, as it originally was intended to be.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 16, 2014
    What it gains on atmospherics, it lacks in gameplay and the story is uneven, saved only by a few brilliant scenes. [Issue#241]
  2. May 14, 2014
    A gorgeous, utterly immersive and hugely satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest video game narratives of all time.
  3. Apr 23, 2014
    Elizabeth is a match for Booker's first episode, she even outdoes him with several intense scenes. Besides, if you belong to those that saw the shooting as a nuisance, you'll agree with this one's freer tempo along with an option to get around the shooting.