8.5

1. Nov 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Personally I hated how they ruined the great story of bioshock infinite. Bioshock 1 and 2 were so awesome , as was infinite. Maybe i dont understand the plot comepletly, but for me the dlc totally messed up not only an ending to infinite but the whole bioshock saga. For me - very dissapointing. Expand
  2. Nov 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If games were scored on the emotional impact they gave you then this would score higher but my rating is due to it's simply horrible ending.

There was no reason to tie up all the Bioshock games with this final episode. The two separate worlds could have easily existed without much touching one another.

Elizabeth's final chapter is frankly bleak. From the end of the original Infinite she has the all existence at her fingertips, all possibilities were open to her. But she took it upon herself to go on a brutal crusade against her father, to stamp out his very existence in every possible universe. I guess the story is a cautionary tale for vengeance at all costs as Elizabeth threw away everything for the sake of revenge, then again the poor girl was probably already broken from her upbringing.

Whether I rate it highly or not I'll remember this game for a long time to come...
  3. Mar 30, 2014
    Call me odd as there is a group of people who love to rag on Infinite, a lot of them really love this DLC. Personally, I'm not as enthused. First, it is a stealth game. You can't brute force your way through things. This is fine and all. Personally, it made exploration a little tedious for me. However, big tip - explore early on. There are two upgrades to your Peeping Tom powerCall me odd as there is a group of people who love to rag on Infinite, a lot of them really love this DLC. Personally, I'm not as enthused. First, it is a stealth game. You can't brute force your way through things. This is fine and all. Personally, it made exploration a little tedious for me. However, big tip - explore early on. There are two upgrades to your Peeping Tom power which make stealth and exploration a lot less irritating. Once I had those the game became considerably more fun without becoming too easy.

Plot-wise it is certainly interesting and the ties between Columbia and Rapture are quite tantalizing. That said, i wasn't too excited. Burial at Sea 2 explains some things that I didn't really feel need a lot of explaining, completely retcon one of the pivotal moments in Infinite (in what I can only interpret as a bit of politically correct pandering) and as such really robs Infinite of a lot of what I liked about it. I liked that Infinite really didn't take sides and instead presented the darkness in everyone. It was a good way to address some sensitive issues without stepping on toes. I liked that Infinite tied into Rapture a little bit. Now the two are practically joined at the hip, it is all a bit much in my opinion.

I'm giving it a 7 because it was fun and interesting so I feel it deserves a high score. The only area it really loses points from me is plot. I didn't like the directions the plot went and feel it was all a bit of a letdown. Overall worth playing if you're a Bioshock fan but you're either going to love or hate the plot.
  4. Mar 28, 2014
    I wanted to love this game, but had mixed feelings in the end.

I wanted to love this game, but had mixed feelings in the end.

As usual, it has a terrific opening sequence. The gameplay is competent, but nothing fantastic or ground-breaking. Rapture is as detailed and fun to explore as ever, but we have already been here a few times. And the game is lengthy enough, given the price, if you do take the time to explore (BaS pt. 1 took me about 2 hours, while this took a little over 6).

My biggest problem with the game is that it feels more like a Bioshock 1 prequel than an expansion of Bioshock Infinite's story. The game focuses on filling in the plot holes of a 6+ year old game rather than addressing what unanswered questions you might have leftover from Infinite. It seems like it was made more for people who hold up Bioshock 1 as the gold standard, while those of us who preferred Infinite will probably find it disappointing.
  5. Mar 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To me, episode 1 was better, hands down. Booker dewitt was killed by elizabeth so then that leaves elizabeth the last main character. It is indeed a new story and pretty much everything new. In fact, it is so different that it is some different from episode one that you must be in stealth mode pretty much through the entire episode for in order to stay alive.

I regret buying episode two, wish I bought one instead, however the length is very short and booker doesn't die till the very end of the episode. Also, as I played through most of Ep.2 i am noticing somethings are not quite finished, would recommend playing with some friends or possibly waiting till the price goes down alot more. Don't want to pay some developers good, hard, earned money. (haven't earned it yet till the game/update is entirely fixed and fully working the way it should)

Good idea's in the episodes, though.
  6. Sep 16, 2014
    A big change for Bioshock. Episode 2 highlights stealth and it gives itself quit the Dishonored type feel. You'll get a choice to be lethal or non-lethal but that choice really won't have any affect on the outcome of the game. Like Dishonored, Episode 2 ends up being far too easy, even on the highest difficulty setting which is 1998 mode. The best part of the game is how it links InfiniteA big change for Bioshock. Episode 2 highlights stealth and it gives itself quit the Dishonored type feel. You'll get a choice to be lethal or non-lethal but that choice really won't have any affect on the outcome of the game. Like Dishonored, Episode 2 ends up being far too easy, even on the highest difficulty setting which is 1998 mode. The best part of the game is how it links Infinite and Bioshock 1 together. Some of your favorites from the original game will make a return including Atlas and Andrew Ryan as well as one of the (in)famous audio recordings. Although some of the story seemed like a stretch, i feel like they did a decent job and it was definitely worth the time i put into it. Expand
  7. Anz
    Mar 30, 2014
    Decent story but it would be nice to get to play bit more. This was like watching short animation didn't get to do much. Overall Burial at Sea Episode Two was very short about 2hrs of gameplay and rest just watching it go by.
  8. Apr 14, 2014
    This time around rapture does look and feels like bioshock, but its the new "gameplay" style which kills it entirely for me. You play as elizabeth but unlike booker, she feels completely weak, and somehow useless since she does not have any of her powers anymore. "Stealth" is forced upon you this time around because if you try to approach splicers dead on you will notice and learn theThis time around rapture does look and feels like bioshock, but its the new "gameplay" style which kills it entirely for me. You play as elizabeth but unlike booker, she feels completely weak, and somehow useless since she does not have any of her powers anymore. "Stealth" is forced upon you this time around because if you try to approach splicers dead on you will notice and learn the hard way that your weapons and melee don't do **** there for you need to kill splicers while they are unaware of you.

This DLC felt like a chore to me, I played it because I purchase the season pass, but just got half way through since I keep getting killed over and over. I got bored of it.

Plot wise its really deep and somehow interesting but playing it its not fun at all.
  9. Apr 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, before anything else I just want to say you should buy this DLC, its extremely fun and worth every penny. The story is great, the graphics are good (Although there was one part when you had to get the CO2 scrubber where i experienced some slowdown) and the story fleshes out the questions you may have had from the main game.

Anything that isn't a shotgun or crossbow is basically useless on regular enemies. You are very fragile and they make sure you know that. All you have is a health bar that doesn't regenerate and whatever medical bags you find in the world.

That being said the main problem with the game is the plasmid/vigor upgrades you can find around the world make you so overpowered its crazy. The new plasmid called Peeping Tom gives you the ability to see through walls and make you invisible. Once you get the upgrade that allows you to stand still and become invisible indefinitely it massively breaks the game. It got to the point where I would go into a room, alert everyone to my location and then just use your instant knockout melee on one of them. Then you would go invisible again and the cycle continues. This really speaks to the way the stealth is handled in this game. They won't even shoot at your last known location. They just act dumb and it allowed me to make it past the final parts of the game quickly, throwing any other strategy to the wind.

Overall the game is worth the money, even if the late game is fundamentally broken near the last hour.
  10. Apr 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought the stealth gameplay and the new weapon's you get were cool. Plus Playing as Elizabeth was also cool. But what fail this dlc for me is the fact the Story was weak and ending was more bitter-sweet than satisfying if ask me. Why you may ask cause they try too hard to try to connection first Bioshock game and too me that can ruin what Infinite ending kind aiming for. Also anything but stealth on hard if not very effect and Elizabeth die way too quickly in out in the opening and really most 3 of guns you get you barley used cause they do not. Crossbow is what most going to used. Overall those I fun the DLC Fun just needing for me better story and better ending Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 16, 2014
    What it gains on atmospherics, it lacks in gameplay and the story is uneven, saved only by a few brilliant scenes. [Issue#241]
  2. May 14, 2014
    A gorgeous, utterly immersive and hugely satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest video game narratives of all time.
  3. Apr 23, 2014
    Elizabeth is a match for Booker's first episode, she even outdoes him with several intense scenes. Besides, if you belong to those that saw the shooting as a nuisance, you'll agree with this one's freer tempo along with an option to get around the shooting.