8.5

1. May 12, 2013
    Didn't care much for Bioshock 1, got bored 30mins in to the 2nd but Bioshock Infinite is my opinion a perfect game! Great story, well crafted characters an amazing twist... just out right enjoyable all around! It's so great to have such a colorful and refreshing experience.
  2. Aug 5, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a game which you can play dozens of times without getting bored.The graphics are astonishing,the story is well-written and well,where the game truly exceeds is the ending,the combat and of course the voxophones which help you to find out more about the character's motivations.I enjoyed the game and i think that is a really contender for goty,although i wished that the choices you've made during the game to have an impact on the ending. Expand
  3. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game ever made to my taste. After seeing the ending my mind was absolutely blown, both on the story and on how legit the game actually is, even in laws of physics and quantummechanics. I have finished it a month ago now and I am still talking about it and thinking about it, creating memory's where none exist about how things could have happened that are not explained in-game. Expand
  4. May 10, 2013
    A STANK ASS GAME IT STAN|K YO IT SUCKED YO IT SUCKED LIKE DIARRHEA

Well I can start by saying. It is a very unique and artistic setting. The visuals are great. To be quite honest it isn't as good as the game deserves. I found it to
  5. Mar 29, 2013
    It's impossible to accurately describe what makes Bioshock Infinite the masterpiece that it is. In large part it's due to the storytelling and the characters, but Ken Levine obviously has learned, from his years of game design, how to create a world that feels real, and that sucks you in.

Colombia is beautiful, but troubled. At first glance, you're walking into a utopia built upon a
    christian jingoist cult and you will be absolutely awestruck by the vistas sprawling out before you. Remember that feeling you got when you started Bioshock 1 for the first time? It's like that, but tenfold. The combat is also excellent, and low-scoring reviewers obviously were more accustomed to run-and-gun COD style gameplay, not realizing that FPS titles existed long before the new franchises that kids have grown up with today, and there is so much more to gaming than l33t no-scope headshots and hiding behind walls. The best way I can think of describing it is a combination of Halo, Half Life 2, Bioshock 1, and perhaps a bit of COD thrown into the mix for iron sights and cover-based shooting moments. Vigors (read: plasmids) work much better in this title than they did in previous Bioshock installments, and have far more uses. If you really want to get the most out of combat in this game, use your vigors creatively, use the sky hook, and use the entire battlefield instead of just one corner. I can't think of another title that let me fire a chaingun at robotic George Washingtons while sliding along a rail, only to jump off and decapitate a machine gunner on the dismount, in one fluid and satisfying motion. I also can't think of another FPS title in recent memory that presents you with enemies that are immune to things like grenades.

However, while the combat is fun, the real strength of Bioshock Infinite is in it's storytelling and chaaracters. It's difficult if not near impossible to not fall for Elizabeth when you first meet her, the Luteces are perfect companion characters that provide necessary comic relief as well as important exposition, and everything just makes sense the more you play. As with all Bioshock games, there is a twist, but I will not spoil it for you and will not even tell you when to expect it. Suffice to say, the game gets deep and keeps going, and by the end you might have the best kind of headache.

It might be harsh to say, but the reviews below that are scoring Bioshock Infinite at anything between 0 and 6 simply... didn't understand it, and that's OK. Unfortunately, if the majority of the world disagrees with you, they're not the ones who are wrong. Play it again; get absorbed, get lost in it, get involved in it. It's not "stupid" to invest yourself emotionally in this game. that's the entire point of playing it.

This is one of those games that you need to seriously devote some thought to. It will twist your brain and test your emotions. The only way it could be called "mediocre" is if you tried to play a game like this like you would play a yearly installment of COD and paid absolutely no attention whatsoever to the environments, characters, storyline, or original gameplay. You don't just grab a gun and go to town on evil nazi zombies, you are defending yourself, and that is what makes all the difference.

Buy Bioshock Infinite. It's the most satisfying, brilliant, and fresh take on the FPS genre since Half Life 2.
  6. Apr 13, 2013
    I've loved the Bioshock series from the start, so I may be biased, but I absolutely LOVED playing through this adventure. Game play, story and visuals merged to create a really epic game that will undoubtedly be talked about positively for years to come. Works of art like this make me confident that the gaming industry as a whole still has hope, I can't recommend this title more highly.
  7. May 20, 2013
    very very bland game, not until the very end did anything interesting begin to happen. another thing wrong with this game is that the boys of silence were too scary.
  8. Apr 19, 2013
    Grab a soda before you start because you will not want to get up once you begin. This has the most beautiful intro in game history. The lighting and movement is top notch. The variety of enemies though leave some to be desired. Also this is a linear game. It hides this with much predetermined commentary with Elisabeth your pseudo-disney girl in distress. Have an open mind with the story and you will enjoy it much better. This storyline starts with a bang and then jumps around more often than you can count. I would of liked more weapons, the vigors (spells) were plentiful though and got more interesting as the game went on. Overall this game is a go, as in go out and buy it this is better than anything that has come out since Skyrim and is worthy of your time. Expand
  9. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm just going to go ahead and say this. This game is incredible. Easily a more than worthy contender for GOTY and one of the greatest games of this generation. It easily deserves the hype and praise it's been getting. Also, don't pay attention to the negative reviews. They are either just trolls or they can't tell the difference between a bad game, and a game that isn't in tune with their personal taste. Expand
  10. Apr 1, 2013
    I sincerely hope other creators take a cue from the Bioshock games; games should be a journey where you feel part of the story rather than just experiencing it. Bioshock Infinite It offers fantastic, exciting, and seriously difficult gameplay alongside immersive & emotional story telling. Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece in every sense of the term. Do yourself a favor and go along with this journey. Expand
  11. Apr 14, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game. However there are some points that bring the game down from "flawless" or "masterwork".
    Pros: Amazing Lighting Graphics, Great story-line (especially the ending), Vigora are awesome (IMO), Unique Setting Beautiful world, Top-notch voice acting, Elizabeth...
    Cons: Combat gets Repetitive, Some textures aren't great (but that won't be a big deal)
    But
    that won't bring Infinite down a whole score (of course decimals). So my overall score is 9.8/10. Expand
  12. Sep 5, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite not only lives up to the series name, but surpasses it! Unlike the first two games, where Rapture was already in ruins when you got there and all the inhabitants (with very few exceptions) are psychotic, genetically enhanced, murderers, Columbia in Infinite is a living, breathing world, where many of the inhabitants are non-combatant, and others will only attack if you perform certain actions. Playing on the skylines was a lot cooler than I expected, I spent a lot of time just whipping around buildings playing around. Elisabeth is probably the least useless AI partner in any video game ever, you never have to worry about her in a fight, her powers can help you in a fight, and sometimes she'll toss you ammo or mana or health when you need it. Combat is fast and brutal, as should be expected in a Bioshock game. The storyline is pretty damn amazing, though the very last piece of ending felt kind of like a cheat. I honestly liked it all the way up until the very last scene. That doesn't hurt the overall game though, had a blast, will enjoy the DLC as it comes out. Expand
  13. Jul 20, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite delivers on every level- the gameplay is fantastic, the story is great, and the customization of your character is great. While your weapon options are limited, that presents you with seemingly more options, as you have to prepare yourself for what you expect to be coming up, and you adapt your weapon choice to your playstyle. Additionally, the powers you get add to the whole spectacle. While it's storyline isn't as terrible ground-breaking as some reviews make it out to be, it's an enjoyable one anyways. Expand
  14. Aug 31, 2013
    An absolutely stunning gem in modern gaming. Bioshock Infinite is both beautiful and addicting. Story is a major selling point as the game flows like a river without any jarring out-of-place sidequests or the like. The relationship between Booker and Elizabeth is multifaceted and incredibly well done through magnificent voice-acting and writing. Gameplay is smooth and can become quite stressful and challenging under the right conditions while still remaining fair.
    This is a game you should play over and over again to fully appreciate its character.
  15. Jul 16, 2013
    Dark and complex, this one blows away the first two bioshock games in my opinion. The plot of the game is very complex, you have to pay attention to every little details in order to understand the game. I'm sure some people dislike this game for its complexity. The graphics in this game are..AMAZING!! I play this on the pc and just WOW!!! The streets, buildings, and environments....just beautiful. I love the gameplay in this one, bit similar to the first two games but faster pace. Intense gameplay, great music, dark and complex story. I give this game 10/10. P.S: Wish the campaign was longer..but oh well. Expand
  16. Jul 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an intuitive first person title. Game play is dependent on the play style of the person in control allowing for unique experiences and possible multiple plays, which most games lack. The story is something that will hook you from the start, probably causing people to ask "What the Those whom remain patient will discover truths that will lead to great real life dialogue about the game's intricate timeline. Much like The Godfather (movie), it is hard to play another game after completing Bioshock Infinite. You'll find yourself asking, "Is it worth playing something else?" You'll want to invest more time into it. This opinion comes from a person who has an enormous backlog on every current gen console and over 40 steam games waiting to be caressed. Expand
  17. Nov 16, 2013
    This is one of the best shooters I have ever played in my life. On a par with Half-Life 1 & 2 for me.

Bioshock 2 wasn't a title I liked so much so I wasn't overexcited for this (maybe that was their plan haha!), but they built this gorgeous looking mindhump of a game. The story is phenomenal, even all this time on I absolutely cannot forget the story, it's one of those ones that sticks
    with you, and the characters are so likeable isn't the word. I love these characters, but they aren't necessarily likable...

Overall, like I said, on a par with Half-Life and Half-Life 2, give it a go.
  18. Apr 19, 2013
    One the best of all time. The actual gameplay and graphics are solid, nothing ground breaking or new there. But it has go to be one of the best story lines of all time and well worth the time invested/

Judging on the negative reviews in may not appeal to those who aren't use to having to think about a story in a game.
  19. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is art, simply said. The graphics are amazing, putting aside the VERY RARE framerate drop or texture pop ins. The gameplay is standard FPS fare with the extra power ups, but where it really shines is story and atmosphere. Columbia is freaking gorgeous, and the story has PLENTY of twists and turns. A must play for anyone, and one of my contenders for Game of the Year already.
  20. Apr 2, 2013
    This is as good as a game gets these days. The story and acting is perfect. The gameplay is perfect. The graphics are perfect. The... everything is perfect! I especially love the couple who follow you somehow through the entire game with that movie like music! It FEELS like a movie. It really does.
  21. Oct 11, 2013
    Great game, and great story. The FPS combat wasn't anything too special, but everything else really makes up for it. The story is what I love most of this game. The graphics are pretty nice, although not the best.
  22. Apr 26, 2013
    Not quite a 10, the only flaw is the weak combat I feel. Only able to carry 2 guns at a time is just plain idiotic. It's not horrible, but it's nothing super either. The skylines are its strong point. The story on the other hand is amazing and will leave you by the end. Elizabeth is a great character and hard not to love.
  23. Sep 12, 2014
    Well, from the flawless gameplay to the amazing visuals, from the fantastic writing and extremely interesting plot to the great work of the voice actors - Bioshock Infinite is definitely one of the BEST video games of 2013.
  24. Mar 27, 2013
    There are problems that I have with the game, like the lack of a manual save and a shallow side quest system, but all that is negligible when compared to the towering successes of this marvelous game. I almost don't even want to say anything about it in fear of spoiling the brilliant ending. Just play the game, that all that really needs to be said.
  25. Mar 31, 2013
    Excellent storytelling, one of the few games in the last year that made me want to actually finish it. Worth every penny, definitely recommend. The glitches are so minor, it's not even worth mentioning.
  26. Mar 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game that is able to pack so much information into a small amount of time. The game based in 1912 which is a time that many people forget about because it is an era that is overlooked by the "Roaring 20s" followed by the Great Depression. Infinite shows the concepts of the hatred of immigrants and the most obvious racism towards the Irish, Welsh, and all colored people. The hated group are on Columbia strictly for labor work and there is even stock for the immigrants that are lazy or refuse to work show throughout the game. Colored workers are also shown how they are afraid of the "white man" in two instances I remember when the colored worker apologizes to the non-racist Booker for smoking and a worker cursing the "white man" for his work and immediately when he acknowledged Booker he asks if he needs anything. The game shows the blinded patriotism towards the founding fathers who are considered Gods and do not recognize the bad sides of the fathers in Columbia. When playing this game I URGE YOU NOT TO RECOGNIZE THIS AS A SEQUEL TO EITHER OF THE BIOSHOCKS. Although Bioshock 1 is the makers of this game and hardly any of the creators worked on Bioshock 2. This game is hardly a sequel but a completely different game. However the game captures the key elements I consider the Bioshock franchise to be.
    1. A place made to be a utopia which collapses to be a dystopia with many people in denial.
    2. plasmids(vigors)
    3. No cutscenes and the story comes together via in games material

Though Infinite contains my characteristics to be considered a Bioshock game, the game lacks a certain eeriness the other games contains (maybe because it is not underwater and the sun is out) there is much more gun play and less plasmid(vigor) use in the game and it feels like it is much more spamming of weapons and scrounging for ammo than the past games. The use of shields is something that I disliked and the fact that whenever you are low Elizabeth magically gives you what you need. I may be biased but I feel like this game would have succeed much more to me if it was apart from the game series and became its own game and title. The game is amazing but doesn't have the elements to me that the other Bioshock game had to me as a player. That is why I am giving the game a 9 instead of a perfect 10. However this game is a great game and if you are a gamer who enjoys a good story line without simply bulldozing through it. It is a must play. If you only like shooting and couldn't care less about story go back to Call Of Duty or something you don't deserve to be called a gamer if you only play one game........

tl;dr.... Game is exceptional however only contains the basic core elements I consider in a Bioshock game. Which is the reason for the 9 and not a 10.
  27. Jun 17, 2013
    "The first game in a long time that I've wanted to play again as soon as I finished it". A friend of mine reeled this off to me shortly after completing Bioshock Infinite, I can now say that I completely agree with him. Irrational Games have struck gold with this title; with the copious amounts of praise that Infinite's story line receives, it is easy to overlook many of the other great aspects of the game. The graphics are beautiful. The score is both exciting and moving, perfect for each situation. The characters are fantastically crafted and show good development through the game. The AI is appropriately tough and interesting to fight. However, whilst the game doesn't exactly skimp out on gameplay, I am forced to withhold the 'perfect-10' for what I can only describe as an inefficient inclusion of the né plasmids. I felt that it would be possible to complete the game without using vigors once for combat, and that Irrational had the opportunity to include enemies that would only be affected after being struck by a particular vigor, or having some that would be resistant to gun fire in general. I understand, of course, that the larger enemies would not be affected by Bucking Bronco for instance, and Firemen are resistant to Devil's Kiss, but it would be nice to see at least a part of the game that relied solely on using vigors to defend yourself.
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted piece of gaming artwork, and I urge any gamer to pick it up and play it.
  28. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is one of the best story experiences i have ever played. The art/design is amazing, really showing what a floating city in the sky can be seen as. The graphics compliment this really well too. The combat is fun, especially because of the skylines and different vigors. The story is also amazing, the ending is the most amazing and confusing ending I have ever seen.
  29. Apr 1, 2013
    I gotta say that this is a brilliant, brilliant game. Probably the best Singleplayer experience I've ever had. Beatiful aesthetics, gorgeous and fitting soundtrack, very believable and truly outstanding characters paired with exceptionally good voice actors and a well written story with an ending that will blow your mind into little pieces. The gameplay mechanics are nothing revolutionary, but this isn't what this game relies on.

I'm really not exaggerating but I think they've created a masterpiece which -in terms of Singleplayer games- raised the bar significantly.
  30. May 8, 2013
    Every few years a game comes along that reminds you what video games are capable of. They can be beautiful, mesmerizing, brilliant, and art. And, maybe, most importantly, worthy of your time and money. BioShock Infinite is that rare game that combines all the best qualities of video games and blends them into a masterpiece.
  31. May 12, 2013
    Story, art direction, voice acting, gameplay, graphics, soundtrack... You name it and this game make it perfectly. Specially story. Wow... Just WOW! It's been a long time since a game don't blows my mind like this one, and you'll see it when you get to the end.
    To be fair, the gameplay has nothing new (only a few tweaks), so if you didn't like the first Bioshock games you won't like this
    one from this perspective. But let's be honest: how to NOT like Bioshock? Only if you are fan of braindead shooters like COD, I guess.
    VERY strong candidate for GOTY.
  32. Mar 29, 2013
    After experiencing this game and looking back at everything that happened I have to say that this is the best and most thought out game I've ever played. The only word that comes to my head when I try to describe this game is incredible. This is the closest, I think, that any game has ever come to perfection.
  33. Apr 1, 2013
    Best game I have ever played. Perfect. I actually bought this game instead of pirating it and am very glad I helped Ken Levine and his team of magicians.
  34. Apr 30, 2013
    This game blew me away flawless story, gorgeous direction, addictive game play as near perfect a FPS as possible. The pace is just right eases you into the world lets you absorb the environment, play with the controls, then jumps you head first into the action/story. Highly recommend even if you haven't played the first two Bioshocks.
  35. Apr 12, 2013
    This game is near perfect in my opinion. In all the other games I've played, none have ever made me think such as this one has, with a superb plot that after some thinking about begins to make sense and will blow your mind. Combined with stunning graphics, unique and varied weapons and powers, variety of enemies and great voice acting and characters that you can like and care about, this is one of my favourite games i have ever played. I definitely recommend this game. Expand
  36. Apr 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is worth your money and time, no matter what sort of games you prefer. The world of Columbia feels amazing and well crafted, everything is special and the game never gets boring. Always something new to explore and the fast paced story is good for the gameplay. Complex ending with a lot of plots and twists. It might not be a horror game like the first game but Bioshock: Infinite is special, it's deep. You could analyze Infinite's story/ design for hours. I promise you this one thing: You will sit speechless after the ending and find yourself staring at the credits pouring down. I have personally played a lot of RPG games but this is the first one where I have to think a lot about the game's meaning. The message of game is deep and it's up to YOU to find it. Expand
  37. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the greatest games I've ever played. This is coming from someone who has yet to play bioshock 1 and 2. Overall a complete experience you would want from a game, great compelling story, awesome gameplay, and great setting graphics. BTW whoever thought of implementing the skyhook and sky rails gameplay should be given a house. A BIG house with a puppy.
  38. Mar 13, 2014
    Is this game as good as what people say it is? Yes of course. The game oozes both theme, style and beauty paired with a suspenseful story with a juicy ending. Gameplay is fun, though not everyone's cup of tea, it is still versatile and fun. Though the story does lack a rather slow sluggish start, when it picks up pace, you will fall in love with this game. A must play.
  39. Aug 17, 2013
    Really there isn't more to be said. It is gorgeous, powerful, and brilliant. On top of that, the combat is a blast. You are doing yourself a disservice if you do not purchase this game.
  40. Sep 17, 2013
    A game that is most definitely worth buying. The graphics are not perfect but it is beautifully detailed where it counts and the characters and story line are superb. And on top of that the DLC looks extremely good.
  41. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is not good: The KI is sometimes stupid, it's too easy and the shooter mechanics are not good. Actually Bioshock Infinite deserves because of that not 10 out of 10, but the rest is like 11/10. It looks okay, the sounds and voices are great, the weapons are cool and your KI companion is nice to you and not irritating and the best is the story: It is so complex and brilliant, the characters are great and the twists are just mindblowing. I love this game. Expand
  42. Apr 16, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the best games i ever played i played only half of the bioshock 2 and my saves somehow deletet so i was so flustrated that i never played it again so i dont have much experience from previous games but i loved this one.Best thing here is the story it is briliant and the ending lets you think about it for long time.Elizabeth is awsome her voiceacting and her developing throught the game and her AI is smartest one i ever seen (throwing you items you need helping you in combat ,steping aside when aiming on her..etc.). Graphic are incredible lot like in Dishonored and Columbia is exsact opposite of the Rapture. Gameplay is so much fun for me its best one in FPS.
    Only thing that i dont like is that optionals quest could be better (interacting with people insted of searching for somthing) and Skyhoking and skyhook could be used much more in bigger world.
  43. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is the inception of a new kind of game rarely ever seen these days. from the Amazing story to the impressive game play, it feels fresh and new.
  44. Jul 2, 2013
    again, irrational games managed to make another amazing groundbreaking game!!!!!! the game is so intriging, smart and mature!!!!! the game has some really heavy themes!!!!! the game talks about racism at the time.
    the games atmosphere and story are just amazing! the world is really immersive and detailed. walking in the street and seeing shows and people is really immersive and lends a
    lot to the games atmosphere. the story is awesome and touching!! the story also has great twists, and even if you wait for them you will never see them coming!! the games design and artstyle are also truly amazing!! the characters are also really interesting, and you grow to care about them. your main companion, elizabeth is great. everything about her is done great, the voice acting, animations and more!! all the voice acting is top notch as well! the city, columbia is also amazing, and its built really masterfully!!! the world is really detailed, which makes it really intriging. if you didnt get it yet THE GAME IS JUST AWESOME, ESPECIALLY WITH THE STORY AND ATMOSPHERE. the games ending is also amazing and shocking.
    the gameplay is also great. the guns and vigirs (powers) feel great. using the skyhook and skylines is also really fun and useful!! the game also has a lot of depth because things called tears which elizabeth can open which i wont spoil). its important to mention that the game is much more fast pace then the previous bioshocks and that it relys on guns much more this time.
    the game does have few mistakes, that take it down from a 10/10. my biggest complaint is that there isnt enough choices in the game. bioshock 2 had a lot of them and they were really meaningful and they changed the ending. in infinite, there are barely choices and they dont change the ending. the game also doesnt have a map. if your lost, it shows you an arrow to were your supposed to go. its a good thing but i still feel like there should have been a map. the game also doesnt have enough NPC variety. the games middle part is a tiny bit too streched. its not bad, its just not as good as the other parts. the game is quite polished but it could have benefited from a bit more polish.

THIS IS AN AMAZING GAME AND ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUY IT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  45. Apr 27, 2014
    BioShock Infinite is hands-down the best story-driven singleplayer game ever developed in the video game industry. It is also the only game i've seen so far that really pushes all the way out to display the beauty of the ageing Unreal Engine 3. Perfect combination of an ambient and atmospheric environment. Something that i'd also like to point out is the voice acting! Superb, superb voice acting.

The storyline really very intriguing and tastes really good (slurp..), definitely one that i would remember forever.

A negative point of the game is it's highly controversial approach to the storyline, with much racism and skepticism that is somewhat off-the-charts ( at least to me personally). Plus the confusing & abrupt ending.

Overall, i did enjoyed the game a lot, 9/10. A real must-get.
  46. Jun 6, 2013
    the game only falls in the aspect of letting you interact with a city (you only do it once) otherwise it would be perfect, Colombia is otherwise a cool place and the gameplay just like the last game makes you feel baddass not just because of the vigors but the more open environment to fight in (skylines/liz), good game
  47. Apr 25, 2013
    If not for the weak shooting mechanics Infinite would likely be in my top 5 games all-time. As it stands the story is griping and the atmosphere is stunning. The music and audio choice (aside from weapons) is top notch and adds layers to the story. Elizabeth is my favourite AI companion in a game ever. First game I purchased for $60 in some time and it's worth it. I am very excited to see what the season's pass of DLC brings. Expand
  48. Apr 23, 2013
    This is definitely one of my favorite games this year. I don't want to write a long review so I'll just say that I had fun playing it, the story was certainly more complex than your average game, and the music was awesome. Whether you like the way the story wraps up or not, the entire game was great to play.
  49. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very splendid game. Graphics are amazingly epic! Love the voice actors of the characters. Booker DeWitt is an interesting character. Really love the story line and also going on the skylines which is the funnest part of the game! THERE SHOULD BE A MOVIE OF THIS! Also i love the buying upgrades, guns, abilities, best first person. Expand
  50. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is my candidate for Game of the Year, with it's graphics, style of locations, audio track. Irrational Games gives us again one of the greatest jaw-dropping plot twist ever, the story after about 5-6 hours of gameplay starts to feel like we're back in Rapture of Bioshock 1 and 2, as it is getting more and more grim, serious. The last sections of the game I spend with my jaw reaching the floor, of pure awesomeness of the story. If you thought that Bioshock "Would you kindly?" twist was excellent, then your mind will be blown by Infinite's twist. Expand
  51. Aug 20, 2013
    Although I'm not a big fan of shooters, Bioshock Infinite is probably one of the most beautiful games I have ever played, topped by great voice acting and astounding story.
  52. Apr 2, 2013
    First off, in my opinion, this is not a great shooter. Just a mediocre one (although it never felt boring to me). This game is not to be viewed as a shooter. It's a story, and a great one. There are a couple of slight slip-ups in the story, but overall the story, art, atmosphere are no less than great. Would give it 9.5 points, but I can't, so 10.

P. S. To not to seem a fanatic of the
    series: I totally didn't like the original Bioshock. The art was great, the story was slightly interesting, but the game overall was meh. Infinite feels like what the original Bisoshock should have been but never managed. Expand
  53. Jun 11, 2013
    WOW what an amazing game bioshock infinite has the best story i've ever seen so far it so amazing that it is even better than the first bioshock game twist and story the graphics are amazing in this game the gameplay is also amazing Elizabith is the best female character you'll ever see in a game i loved her but the game gets a bit repetitive at the end so they could've made it a bit shorter still one of the greatest games of all time and you should with no doubt play it Expand
  54. Apr 15, 2013
    Beautiful story, terrific gameplay. Exceeds expectations by far than what I would have expected from a bioshock sequel. Don't think I'll see anything this good for a while.
  55. Nov 17, 2013
    This is my favourite game for the pat 5 years I think. Characters of this game are like living persons. You can feel the world of this game and it's great. Also liked the change of depth of ocean to the skies. Graphics and music are really nice, and the minus of this game it's short. even in comparison with previous games of the franchise.
  56. Apr 1, 2013
    First of all, I wanted to give the game 9.5 /10. I couldn´t decide, but the I saw the average score was 9.0, so I though I´ll boost it a little bit up.
    Yes, the game is not flawless. Gameplay for example is mostly (when playing against "weak" opponents) shooting with a mixture between regenerating and normal health (shield regenerates). That being said, that wasn´t a great difference
    between "easy" and "hard" against most opponents. Just the boss fights were actually very hard (includes the ending). And I think this is the biggest "problem" of this game. There could be more than just shooting and following a path. Why not some easy puzzles? But enough complaining about the game. The characters are well done, especially Elizabeth. You can see her emotions by looking at her face, and I noticed only one short script that was off: She said "thank you" and was looking at me like she was going to murder me. During fights, she´s actually pretty useful and a lovely character. Also, the story itself is genius. You might be suspecting some parts of the story, but you´ll never know exactly what happened unless you play it. One of the best stories in an FPS so far. Expand
  57. Mar 30, 2013
    Bioshock 2 is on my list of top 3 best games i ever played, so i had high hopes for Infinite and when it's finally arrives i am (almost) not disappointed.I agree with most of the positive reviews this game is amazing.The only thing i dislike about new Bishock is that it's too bright and i didn't felt any danger.I liked previous games a bit more,but Infinite is still a very very good game.Worth the hype and worth the money. Expand
  58. Mar 28, 2013
    Fantastic game that redefines the genre. The graphics are not on par with the new Tomb Raider or Crysis 3 but the art direction is sublime. Gameplay is simply fun. It takes a while to get used to the commands but it's very rewarding in the end switching plasmides/weapons and choosing the best tactic in every situation.
    Great story.
  59. Mar 28, 2013
    Wow!!! I am so blown away by this game! I absolutely loved Bioshock, rapture was an amazing environment for gamers to explore and the era it was set in just made it an unforgettable experience. I bought Bioshock 2 on release day, played it for an hour and then it sat gathering dust for a few years i cant explain why, but it was the same as Bioshock in so many ways, yet different or maybe too similar. When I eventually got round to playing it i did enjoy it but not as much as the first game. With Bioshock 2 in mind, i wasnt really excited for Infinite, it wasnt rapture, the environment didnt look eerie and gone where the flooded hallways and ghostly empty apartments, no big daddies etc. All replaced with blue skies and colour! Only when reading the reviews did my interest in this game spike, so i went out and bought it on release day. Firstly its beautiful, thats the first thing you'll notice, Columbia is in every way just as amazing as Rapture, its what Rapture probably looked like before it fell into ruin. You will find yourself wondering around and taking in the sites, listening in to conversations and playing with the many interactive objects in the environment. The game is set in 1912 and the game really does make you feel like you've been sent back in time, theyve captured the era well, from the views and opinions of the middle class white people on the street to the black man mopping up in the toilets, youll stop and listen to radio broadcasts and the music really helps to set the scene just right and helps to immerse yourself in the game even more. The story so far is pretty good, Elizabeth is great character and her sweet personality and innocence has you feeling sorry for her, I havent personally been in combat with her yet but apparently she can take care of herself (so the game has told me). The game plays much like the previous Bioshocks where combat is concerned but getting around Columbia via skyline is an awesome addition to the game, its like being on a roller-coaster but at the end you get to execute someone with a pretty brutal skyline hook execution. Overall I suppose the best compliment i can pay this game is believe in the hype, i didnt until a week ago and now I cant get enough of Bioshock Infinite. The only minor thing i can point out and it is minor is that when you get up close to some posters objects they get quite blocky and lose their smoothness, maybe thats more to do with the Xbox though. Bottom line if you liked the original Bioshock, you need Bioshock Infinite in your life, if you've never played a Bioshock game before, Bioshock Infinite is an amazing place to start. Expand
  60. Apr 27, 2013
    Everyone already said the game is great, and they're right. Graphic is excellent, the characters are well voiced and well developed, music though is problematic since every battle is always with that horror violin themed music which is kind of a letdown since the battles are so epic, and gameplay wise it's Bioshock 1 all over again except you can use the great skyhook. The ending creeps me out, good twist but scary as hell. Too bad there's no new game because I would love to play the game again with my upgrades so I can own enemy asses and kick them out to the bottom of the sea. Expand
  61. Mar 27, 2013
    The game is brilliant in alot of ways, it has elements that are the best you have ever played. you can really see why it got delayed 3 times, this game was made with love, the creators wanted it to be perfect and I clap for the studios for letting them. The good: -Stunning visuals in a game that makes you feel like you're a part of it. -The story is the best that I have ever seen in a video game.
    -Creative combat.

The bad:
    The combat already feels repetitve when you are in the last stages.
    Some indoor enviroments are ugly.

While the game has flaws I still give it a 9.8/10 for the visuals and the story which are the best I have ever seen in a video game.
  62. Mar 28, 2013
    There are very few games that I place upon a pedestal as some of the greatest games I've ever had the pleasure to experience. Portal 2, Telltale's Walking Dead, the original Bioshock and Mass Effect 2 are a few. Bioshock: Infinite is now on this pedestal. The story is simply a masterpiece, the visuals are gorgeous and the voice acting nothing short of astounding. My complaints are few and don't affect my rating in any way simply because the story makes up for any sins of the game. To get those two sins out of the way, both are console only problems. The first is that textures tend to be a lower resolution due to hardware limitations and the second is the dial required to swap vigors (previously known as plasmids). While the dial is an eloquent solution to the physical limitations of the console controller, a better hot key system could have been devised as the game pauses while you're searching for your vigor. This does pull you out of the action, but it's faster than most other ideas would have been. Neither of these are problems if you're playing on PC as you can hot key your vigors and the extra power of the hardware should let you run it on Ultra High graphics, removing any rough textures. With those gripes out of the way, let's move on. The story is simply the best that I've encountered in a game to date, and should have people talking about it for months to come, the theoretical implications and the possibilities of the DLC. Personally, I can't wait for the DLC and I've already bought the season pass because of it. The world Irrational has created will make you want to explore and discover like no other game. I spent so much time simply taking in the world, listening to people and finding voxophones that it probably added an extra 5 hours of game time. The actual game will probably run around 8 or 9 hours on normal difficulty if you don't spend a lot of time exploring. If you play on hard or 1999 mode, then it should add either 3 extra hours for hard or 6 or 7 for 1999 mode. Regardless of how you play, Infinite isn't a game you can afford to miss and if you can only buy 1 game for the next 6 months then make it Bioshock: Infinite. Expand
  63. Jun 29, 2013
    One of the more incredible games i've ever played with quantum mechanics, religion, & americana themes intertwining into a mind-bending game... good on all kinds of levels.
  64. Mar 27, 2013
    Perhaps one of the greatest games I have played.
    The first was a marker stone in gaming history and this topped that marker.

Each piece is a well written, well executed mesmerizing moment in time. I have yet to find something wrong or out of place in this game.

65. Apr 19, 2013
    I don't want to spoil anything but this game is that awesome that everybody should play it. There are nothing negative about this game that i can think of. Just go ahead buy the game and play it. Support developers because these type of games are coming out really rarely.
  66. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What to say other than EPIC 1 of the best FPS I have ever played... AND has the best AI companion ever in terms of STORY its just AWESOME with EXCELLENT BUT CONFUSING PLOT TWISTS.This game will never be forgotten that easily Just love the concept of multiverse !now thinking that irrational studio is CHRIS NOLAN of gaming! Expand
  67. Apr 12, 2013
    Using BioShock Infinite as the example schoolanduniversity.com, Games Radar uncovers eight lessons all other sequels should learn in order to avoid the sequel blahs.
  68. Apr 23, 2013
    This is the best shooter I've ever played. Every scene, and part of it was absolutely thrilling and haunting! I was expecting something from the level of the first Bioshock. But this one is better, more emotional, more brutal and much better acted!! AMAZING!
  69. Mar 27, 2013
    To all the zeroes, I can understand your take on the game, but that isn't this game's purpose. It is supposed to be mostly linear because it is so story driven. Bioshock has always been really linear except for the few different endings in the earlier titles. Yes it's very linear, Is the story absolutely fantastic, also yes. Gameplay is great and art direction is amazing. so overall if you are looking for a moving story that will most likely drop your jaw then I recommend this game, if not then its not for you. Also the ending is quite complicated so if you didn't understand look it up there is a lot of confusion :P. Original was still better though. Expand
  70. Mar 27, 2013
    Simply one of the best games out there. A mesmerizing experience that everyone should live. It is even better than Bioshock The best Horror FPS i've played (even better than F.E.A.R. itself). I pity those who gave the game a negative score. They probably haven't played enough games upon today to understand that this is not just a game. It is art. At its finest.
  71. Mar 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite has lived up to its legendary predecessor in almost every way. With some of the most breathe taking environments and the characters with personalities of more than your average protagonist Infinite is much more engaging than your average FPS game with a story that rival that of ANY game I have played to date (assuming of course you are diligent enough and patient enough to put the MANY at times confusing pieces into some rational order. Graphics
    I am in NO way an artist but I feel I must take a moment to mention how beautiful this game is… I have been playing on Max settings and between the lighting effects that must have taken years to get perfect and the original level design I challenge anyone to call this game ugly with a straight face.

Story

The story itself is truly something to experience for yourself and it seems that you get out of it what you are willing to put in. Infinite IS NOT the kind of story fans of Halo and Call of Duty fans are use too. With Many layers of complexity and playing with difficult to comprehend subjects like String Theory and Quantum Mechanics player who are only use to using their minds for the most basic of reaction based skills will no doubt struggle to understand the plot to its fullest. But to those of you who are willing to try to understand what it is you’re actually seeing Infinite has some of the most jaw dropping mind blowing moments I have ever had the privilege to enjoy. I find it hard to communicate the significance and magnitude of this games story without using spoilers… so let me simply say that it is truly a triumphant of FPS games and the games industry in general

Combat

Combat plays out much as it did in the first Bioshock were for the most part, you slaughter all those who stand in your way until reaching an slight larger, more powerful enemy were something that MIGHT just start to resemble tactics MIGHT be needed to successfully eliminate the threat. Even on 1999 mode I found that if I stuck with the sniper rifle and my trusty Hand Cannon I rarely had any need for “Plasmids” (Don’t even say it…. They are PLASMIDS! or anything else for that matter. This in no way removes that absolute joy of setting your flesh crazed Murder of Crows on fire with Devils Kiss while you watch your helpless pray get burned AND eaten alive, or sending your targets floating out of cover with Bucking Bronco before sending them falling to their deaths with a well-placed Rocket. Or my personal favorite, forcing some poor helpless grunt to draw the fire of his allies with Possession while you pick them off one by one at range with a sniper. Though combat may feel a bit tedious at times due to the rather low difficulty there is fun to be had by simply trying to get the best kill in the most creative way.

Conclusion

During my 2 playthroughs, I have been more deeply entangled with the world of Colombia then almost any game I have yet to play, so much so that I had to set timers to remind me to do things like eat…. Or shower, or give the cat his pills…. Personally I would recommend playing on Hard or 1999 game modes due to the rather easy combat and disable the sprint button if you really want to get the most of this Fantastic Game of the Year winning title. When my biggest complaint is the Checkpoint saving system you know we have ourselves a good game….
  72. Mar 27, 2013
    Loved the combat and thought it was perfect for a bioshock game and much more evolved than in the previous renditions. The music was sparse as usual but the score was great and matched the environment well. The environment was designed beautifully and levels were made in such a way I only got ahead of myself and had to backtrack once. The story is where I'd have to ding it. It's great and comes together well,l but it didn't feel very bioshocky to me with less philosophical debating and more standing back and contemplating. The only major step back for the game was lack of more than a few morality options. Other than that, great game that I expect to be a GOTY contender. Expand
  73. Mar 27, 2013
    Breathtaking jaw dropping masterpiece. I don't have anything bad to say about this game. Anything good I could say about this game wouldn't do it justice, you just have to play it and get lost in Columbia like I did. Have fun and please stay away from any spoilers if your on the fence about getting this game it will take away so much.
  74. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This does contain spoilers folks. I got the game at it's midnight release, and the ONLY REASON it has a 9 in place of the 10 was the campaign took all of about 10-11 hours (that was with me milling through everything) and once you're done, you're done. (Unless you're up for the more difficult 1999 mode) So let's get into the game, from the moment you land in the church, the music was (In my opinion) mastered to the place. You get that feeling of a child when he's first taken to an amusement park, my eyes were lit up when you step out of the church doors and that wonderful view of Colombia in the skyline. Going through the game, shooting was great, considering this IS NOT A FULL BLOWN SHOOTER, you cannot expect it to be like one and still have all the other mechanics. My favorite thing? The connection with Elizabeth, (I was personally hoping they'd fall in love, BAD IDEA considering the end) but the connection they have established was phenomenal, definitely one that is seldom experienced. When you go to rescue her a second time, you only want to inflict as much pain as possible once you see the first chair and hear her screaming, the blood on the floor and all the tools to leave to your imagination what was happening to her, and when you do save her, and you pull that giant needle out of her spine, I personally was tearing up a bit. Overall, easily the best game I've ever played. Story has great twists, and I have concluded that hell hath no fury like an un-siphoned Elizabeth. Semper Fidelis everyone! Expand
  75. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is a perfection in just about every department. The story inspires a variety of emotions, it is complex and controversial but avoids many mistakes that others before have done in this genre. The graphics and artwork create an amazing atmosphere to make you feel like a part of the world and the changes in the story are perfectly reflected in the environment. The gameplay is nothing special, but it is functional and very balanced. All powers and weapons have their strengths and weaknesses, making you actually have to plan what to use rather than zerg everything. All around this is one of the best games of all time and will probably remain at the top for a long time. Expand
  76. Mar 27, 2013
    If you are going to do a single player game, it becomes about the story and the experience. While it dragged in the middle a little, over all this game has a fantastic narrative. Normally I like to take my time with games and explore all the corners. This game had me skipping over corners in a rush follow the story, but when you did stop to look the whole world is flushed out completely. If the combat and the mechanics were crap (which they are not) the story would still command a 9 out of 10. Lately with some games it seems like you have to make allowances for play styles or over the top graphics, and while they are fun in their own way they don't reward the player. Playing this game is a reward, it is fun and exciting and interesting. Irrational Games has done something wonderful here. If you like good stories, and enjoy single player experiences, then you owe it to yourself to play this Bioshock. Part of me is sad because now the bar is set really high for the next game, but I can't wait to see what they manage to do. Expand
  77. Mar 27, 2013
    The quality of this game is almost unparalleled. Graphics that amaze, a winding story that keeps you on the edge of your seat with deep characters that are believable. A game that will be looked back on as one of gaming's greatest achievements 15 years from now. Great job Irrational Games!
  78. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is worthy of a perfect review. It has so much attention to detail as well as great gameplay. Easily the best game of the year, possibly the decade.
  79. Mar 28, 2013
    Sometimes there was too much pointless shooting. But in my opinion that is the only disadvantage. Plot is quite beautiful and interesting. Makes the game worth playing. It is noticable that this game is not another sequel made for money. Creators of BioShock gave their best to put into this world as many details as it was possible like in first game. Player can truly enjoy walking through game and trying to reach each bonus item (like diaries). The most important thing in new BioShock is a climate that you can feel while playing when you walk through city streets, protect Elizabeth, etc. It is also thing that most of modern games lacks of. That's the best reason to play BS: Infinite. Especially if you loved for those reasons Bioshock 1. Expand
  80. Apr 14, 2013
    Bioshock infinite brings me back to a feeling I had when j first stepped out in Hyrule in Zelda: The Ocarina of Time: amazement. As soon as you start your journey through Columbia, you feel the need to know everything. The questions your character asks are the same ones you the player ask. The world is so rich and vibrant and alive throughout the whole game that you have to play again and again. Story is what pulls you into this world, but its the gameplay that keeps you. As being a call of duty player that it took me a while to remember USE YOUR VIGORS, but once I got the hang of it the combat was the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Having Elizabeth is like having Aeris back in FFVII. She quickly becomes a partner that you just don't wanna play without. The vigor and weapon upgrades add lots to the game and at definitely needed in later battles. Yes the story is a bit convoluted, but most space/time stories are. The end battle is epic and fun, and the ending to the story was more than satisfying. Great game that has pulled me back in and made me remember why i love playing them still Expand
  81. Mar 28, 2013
    I love how the first thing people that rating this game poorly due is make a jab at the graphics.
    I think they are forgetting this game had to play on consoles that are by today's standards very dated, to keep such a large scale working on a console, said consoles that only have half a gig of ram, they needed to keep the graphics very close to the quality of the first Bioshock. It's easy
    to tell that these people are comparing it's graphics to games like, CoD or other FPS games where players are stuck on a map that is very small, and easier to run with higher graphics.

That being said the artistic direction of the game was extremely beautiful, and the story was amazing, this game gets a perfect score from me because it is not often that I finish a game and instantly want to play it again.

This game will make you stop and think about everything being said by every character, the story carries in a way that makes you question every single word being said to you, you look for patterns and keywords, anything for some kind of hint at the bigger picture and that is a level of immersion that is lost in stories for most games.

People say the world was stupid and they hated the main character, well clearly this game wasn't for you, with a world like never before seen, and a main character that is designed to be just as confused and lost as the player is story wise, it makes you relate to him even more.

He goes from wanting to repay his gambling debt, to simply wanting to get Elisabeth out of this nightmarish world, the game leads you along in such a way where all you want to do is keep playing to figure out who the hell you really are.

I also hear the main complaint people that loved the game have is the middle felt padded, and I disagree there too, until the game actually ended, I had no idea how close it even was to being done, and time I was turned around in a direction away from what seemed like the main plot, you find yourself learning more about the worlds messed up past.

I guess my only complaint is I found that outside of combat sometimes Elisabeth more or less vanished on me, but this was only a few rare cases.
    I would have loved to see more interaction between the two in a game play sense.
  82. Mar 28, 2013
    Nowadays, games are constantly churned out with thrown together stories, programming, and pointless DLC. Bioshock Infinite defies all of those characteristics. The game immerses you into the story-line so quickly and with such force, it takes your breath away. All I could imagine was the quality games of my childhood, where the passion of the developers was in plain view for the world to witness.I was distracted by the attention to detail the game provided, and would catch myself listening to a barber shop quartet instead of following the task at hand. The graphics in this game are impeccable, especially because I was playing it on PC in the highest detail. It may not be Crysis 3, but it is exceptionally good for being such a story driven game. While strolling through the streets of Columbia, I felt as though I was in Disney World making my way down Main Street USA. It is beyond fascinating how this game is able to include history into its story. If you do pick up this game, take your time with it. There is no reason to run through game just to say you beat it, because that destroys what the game was for. Exploration and becoming involved in the story is what games are for, not going for achievements or kill streaks, and this game capitalizes on that through its tremendous story-telling ability. Expand
  83. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the best games I have purchased this year. From the start until the end of the credits, you will be amazed by every single detail and efforts the developers have put into this game.
    From the ground to the sky-line combat, it just jolts you with joy. The controls are fluent making gameplay an ease, the AI's do a good job at interacting with almost everything in
    sight and the story has its charm that would grip you for hours on end. I definitely have replay value with Bioshock Infinite. Expand
  84. Apr 10, 2013
    Wow.

I finished playing this game last night and I am completely perplexed with the ending and how great the game was. I am somebody who has never played the past Bioshock games, and after seeing so many people hyped for this game, I thought I might as well give it a go.

Playing the game of PC if you can is by far the best choice. This is one of the best visual games I have seen in a
    long time since Battlefield 3, and the textures and lighting effects on Ultra settings are beyond incredible. The whole setting of the game is magnificent, and I have yet to play any other game based in the beauty of the sky. The story itself was the best part (quite obviously) and the characters are gripping throughout. Elizabeth (the girl you are retrieving throughout the entire game) becomes someone you actually care about and want to help, and not just a dull AI character like many other games present. The combat system is great too, very comparable to Dishonored which I played a few days previously, and very easy to pick up for any noob.

By far the best aspect of the game is the storyline towards the end. Obviously I won't give away any spoilers, but just be warned that you will go through some major plot twists and the ending with leave you speechless. I actually had to read up on the internet afterwards just to fully understand what I had just seen!

The only negative aspect of the game is the length of the middle section of the story. This was also mentioned in IGN's review too, where the middle section of the game is very 'stretched' and seems to take way too long to complete. It's only towards the end where truth is revealed that the game gets really exhilarating. Lastly, the frame rate was also an issue with this game. 80% of the time I had perfect 60+ fps, but in a lot of locations for some reason the frame rate fell to 30, despite the area of the map being a small room which doesn't require a whole lot of processing. Many people also experienced this, and I believe they are working on a patch for it very soon.

Overall a must-play game. If you are reading this and haven't played it... PLEASE just buy it, you will not regret it at all.
  85. Mar 28, 2013
    The game was amazing. The story was engaging, the gunplay was smooth, and the graphics were stunning. Very rarely does a game make me pause to examine the scenery, but the last half hour of this game stopped me dead in my tracks with wonder. I highly recommend you purchase this game. My only critique is that it was on the shorter side (it took me about 11 hours to beat), but each of those eleven hours was expertly crafted. Expand
  86. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is superb. While far from perfect NPCs are repetitious, some textures are a bit blurry, the game is very linear, and a few other minor things it is a masterpiece in creating it's environment. The level design is the best I have seen in a LONG, LONG time. The maps are well put together and you have fun just running around and exploring the locations. I spent a lot of time just running around looking for barrels and coin for the sheer pleasure of it more than that of a chore like other games. Looking for the next voxaphone or the kinetiscope to see how it all came together the background was very fun for me. The art style is pleasing and the artists did a fantastic job at capturing and maintaining it's aesthetic. The NPC wardrobes while repetitious in some instances give the game that period feeling it's trying to create. The colours, while brighter than the original and it's sequel, give the game a cheerful feeling at the beginning and it gets darker as the story progresses at a balanced pace. It's not Crysis 3 but then again it never claimed, nor should it ever strive, to be. They nailed artistic coherence and atmosphere all around simply beautiful!

The combat is straightforward and limited. There is no real weapon variety aside from the skyline hook which is unique *as a weapon* as it is mostly a couple of weapons 5 or 6 if I'm not mistaken divided in 2 categories 2 pistols, 2 automatic rifles, etc. and only 8 vigors magic That said, it really doesn't matter because the combat is fast paced and fun at least in hard and 1999 difficulty, which were the only ones I played I never felt the combat lacking or boring at any time and you can upgrade your favorite flavor of weapon to make it more powerful, hold more ammo and so on. Vigors can be ugraded as well and I found myself upgrading a couple on my first playthrough then picking others for variety. So while it is limited in a sense, it never feels dull or lacking because of it.

The story is fantastic. I could see past the storyline in a handful of moments but it is well written and progresses well with the art style as the game goes deeper into it the art style gets progressively grittier and darker although never as dark or as gritty as the first 2 games, mind you. I was constantly looking for story items voxaphones and kinetiscopes just to see how it all tied together, I thought it was fantastic!

I could have given the game the 8 or 9 it deserves but I'm instead giving it a 10 to counteract the number of reviews I saw from people that blatantly did not play the game, because it deserves it. It is a fantastic game in a sea of utter crap that has been releasing for the past 4-5 years and I cannot recommend it enough.
  87. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is just perfect. Awesome plot, brilliant fighting system (improved, comparing to Bioshock 1 and 2) and ELIZABETH. Won't say anything else just go and buy this game. It's delicious
  88. Mar 29, 2013
    This has to be one of the best games of this year, maybe even this decade. It brings together so many aspects of gameplay and plot and blends them together into a perfect mix full of thrills, shocks, scares and overall enjoyment. This instalment in the series sees a new character (Booker DeWitt) arriving at the flying city of Columbia to rescue a girl (Elizabeth) who has the powers to open ‘tears’ in space and time. In addition to this amazing setting, Booker is helped with a variety of guns and special powers know as ‘Vigors’, whilst traversing zip line like ‘Skylines’ that bring new heights to battle. You don’t have to be a Bioshock fan to enjoy this game, its a new start that uses old aspects from the previous games, but also brings a whole new set of cards to the table. This game feels like a benchmark in gaming, everything about the game shines with perfection. Overall defiantly a 10/10, Read on for my look at what I feel is most important about gaming and how this game stacks up. Plot Many people are probably thinking that as this game is the third in the series, you would need to play the previous two games to know what is going on. That is not the case. Infinite is a completely new standalone game that brings a much needed revamp to the series overall. While playing the previous two games would give you an understanding of how to play the game, the story is brand new. The story takes place in the mysterious flying city of Columbia, a Utopian vision of 1912 America. The player assumes the role of Booker DeWitt, a mercenary who has been hired to rescue a super powered girl (Elizabeth) from the city in order to wipe away his debt. Throughout the game, you find out more and more about the city around you, these clues are left like breadcrumbs for the player to pick up upon and work out for themselves, something most games don’t do. Overall the story is a masterpiece that beats any campaign in any other game. By far 11/10. Gameplay This game plays just like the previous Bioshock games. Plasmids are now revamped into 'Vigors' that require 'Salt' to work instead of Eve, these can be used exactly the same as the first two games, except there is now a trap mode on each. The weapons have been upgraded and feel much more solid and mechanical, there is also a much wider range of weapons overall. Booker has a ferocious ‘Sky-Hook’ that can be used for melee attacks that will snap necks and behead opponents. There are however a few additions that many gamers will be familiar with. This game introduces features like an overshield, sprint and sights on most guns. All of these additions feel at home on this game, so no complaints there. 10/10. Setting The game takes place in an American Utopia that is flying in the sky. Everywhere you look is another gorgeous set piece that draws your eye. The city feels so alive, something that previous Bioshock’s have not had. Each character brings a new interaction or a new persona that makes them all unique. The city is buzzing with activity, it truly feels like a work of art that could actually happen. 10/10.

Characters This game is the first Bioshock to actually have characters that you can see and interact with. Booker has his own personality that clashes with Comstock (He’s the bad guy) and sees the kindness in Elizabeth’s heart. Liz’s AI is remarkable, she is completely unscripted and will do whatever she wants, whilst staying close to Booker and helping out as much as she can. She will open tears to bring through new objects into battle or scavenge for loot that could save your life. 10/10.
  89. Mar 29, 2013
    I was waiting for this game from the moment when I first saw the trailer. I couldn't wait to install and play. The game didn't let me down. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is awesome. I never believed I'd care so much about a character in a game (Elizabeth). The whole time I was frightened she would run away or be taken away. The ending made me get goosebumps all over my body and I started crying. This is the first game that made me cry. If this game doesn't deserve 10/10 then I don't know what does.

The only thing I still don't like about BSI is FOV. Even maxed out still seems too low. Maybe that's just because I am used to Quake 3 with 120 FOV. Should be good enough for casuals.
  90. Mar 29, 2013
    I want to start with the stunning atmosphere. When you start the game, you can feel it because there are awesome music waiting for you. And, of course, the graphics. There is something special about their design but i don't know what it is. All i can say is that the world seems absolutely wonderful. While you progress, slowly you are learning the story. It's one of the best in history of games. Moreover, the setting is so perfect even though it can stuns you in the ending. Ahh.. I was forgetting the gameplay. It is the best part of this game. All of these things that i' ve talked about with a nice gameplay. So, i think, this is more than a game. This is art. Expand
  91. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nearly everything about this game was brilliant. The characters, the settings, the story and the gameplay were all done to near perfection. The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was how ending/twist was executed. Although the twist was a brilliant mind blow, it seemed a bit hokey in the manner in which it was executed. Expand
  92. Mar 29, 2013
    Every once in a while, you get a game that is goddamned astonishing; Half-Life and Half-Life 2 serve as examples, as does Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Portal, and for me, Telltale's The Walking Dead, not to mention the original Bioshock and the System Shocks.

This game is one of those games; goddamn astonishing.
    The story is brilliant: unlike any other Video Game story that exists at
    this point in time; just like the original Bioshock, you can expect a HUGE twist coming your way to blindside you senseless, with subtle hints implemented as the story progresses. However, unlike it's predecessor, the combat is bloody enjoyable at times; the inclusion of the Skyway(I think that's what it's called) mechanic keeps combat's pace fast and sometimes panicky, especially if a Handyman is coming your way, allowing you to reposition, survey the battlefield and take out your enemies as you zoom past them. But, the weapons themselves don't feel all that great, save for the shotgun and (arguably) the sniper rifle, everything else feels unsatisfying to fire.

Also the difficulty takes a nosedive towards the end; when you have a full arsenal of vigors, and fully upgraded guns, few enemies can even stand up to you as an actual threat; personally, I have found that using the Shock Jockey vigor to stun enemies, then shooting them with a shotgun worked as an instakill towards the standard, non-Heavy Hitter enemies, which is why the game just introduces more and more enemies to balance gameplay towards the later stages.

But all the nitpicks in the world couldn't reduce the quality of this game and it's story; it is an absolute must-buy as you will never experience a game such as this ever again.
  93. Apr 22, 2013
    I changed my mind about previously fgiving this game a 0. it is actually a 10/10 game. I can't believe how good this game was after i got baptised. i didn't realize 99% of the game was after the baptization and i didn't really wanted to go through with it at first because of my religion but i got my friend to do it and now i'm playing it and it's really good.
  94. Mar 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Top 10 FPS Shooters of all time Expand
  95. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is great; a true masterpiece. Theres a ton to say about this game so youll have to forgive me in case i accidently overlook somehting. The game is so fine detailed, everything that has been placed in the world has a purpose. I will attempt to, with all the knowledge that i possess as a video game developer, break down the game and explain all aspects of it, reviewing the gameplay, sound assets and graphical assets. To start, the gameplay in this game is absolutely breathtaking. The very first portion of the game which was only introducing the world that is Columbia was absolutely astonishing. I was smiling throughout the entire performance that the developers had directed. The fun and games grew short as the very first moral decision practically got thrown on the table like a dead horse at a fancy dinner party. This single act revealed the very mature tones and difficult decision making in a mere moments. Once that ended the combat began. The combat is highly innovative involving gameplay that one could only dream of. Combat is intense as the game will always offer a high challenge with intelligent enemy ai, consistent insertion of diverse enemies to force you to change strategies and many fun and varying ways to kill your opponents. Regarding the two weapon carrying capacity, i truly enjoy it. It forces players to search and acquire the best weapons for the job often times creating tense situations especially when the player is low on ammo. A huge part of the combat in this game is definitely intertwined with Elizabeth. Elizabeth is far from a hinderance giving the player support with health and items. Her ability to procure items for you in the field and middle of combat has more than proven effective for me and often times rescued me from certain death. Elizabeth is a fantastic support character and i would not give her up for anything else. Another point with the combat in this game is the lack of the ability to carry medpacks or salts to recover abilities and health. This change in combat actually offers quite a bit of challenge in the game and does boost the importance of Elizabeth, although she never really needs that because she herself is an amazing character. The skyline is another amazing innovation that was created for this game combining intense speed and power combat situations which only prove to intensify already very tense combat situations. The combat is fun and highly interactive forcing players to strategize the most effective manner in which to complete the situation at hand. The music that flourishes in and out of combat to more somber or quite or even joyful moments is absolutely incredible.

The story in this game is absolutely stunning and incredibly daring involving such dangerous themes as religion, government powers, lack of seperation of church and state, racism, racial purity moral decisions and far more to list. The storyline is very well fleshed out and meshes perfectly with other aspects of the game. I shouldnt reveal much of the storyline as it requires one to see and experience for themselves but i must insist that you take your time and keep an open mind when approaching the storyline as it can become quite dark. The graphics are absolutely beautiful and the animations are breathtaking. The twenties and steampunk themes are heavy in this game and executed absolutely phenomenally. The animations make for relatable encounters with other npcs in the game most specifically Elizabeth. The saturation of the world is absolutely wonderful and the models are completely smooth and wonderful. I truly love the artistic direction that the artists took with this game. I give this game a solid 10/10 .Bioshock infinite is an absolute marvel and pinnacle astonishment of what videogames are meant to be. If you have not purchased this game as of yet i would highly reccommend purchasing it especially at full price. Missing this game is a terrible mistake and playing it is the best way to truly understand the perfection that is bioshock infinite.

Final score 10/10
  96. Mar 30, 2013
    This game was simply amazing. There's nothing major in my option remotely displeasing about this title. The graphics make the story enjoyable, and well the story is unbelievable. As sad as it may sound I actually started to get attached to the characters. Over all this has been on of the best games I have ever play and am starting on the 1990 mode very shortly. This will be the next game of the year. Expand
  97. Mar 30, 2013
    Where to start? This game nothing short of incredible. From the start you find yourself hooked into the beautiful world of Columbia. You find yourself getting attached to characters (Mainly Elizabeth) and getting into the story as if you are Booker. The story line sets a standard for all other games that are to come. Not to mention the ending. Not gonna spoil it but trust me, it will leave you speechless. This is the greatest game I have ever played, and I do not use that lightly. This is game is a pinnacle of what games can be. Expand
  98. Apr 18, 2013
    One of the best games i have played in the last few years. The story, immersion, world and detail is top notch. It is well paced and well keep you guessing and searching every nook and cranny of the world to figure out a little more about the plot. The characters and story telling is among the best in gaming.

Gameplay wise, it doesnt do anything revolutionary, but I found it fun and
    engaging. The FPS mechanics are fairly normal and generic, the Vigors and Skyrails combat makes things more interesting and satisfying.

All in all, this is an experience unlike any other in video games. And tells a story unlike any other in a world with a huge amount of detail in every inch. It will leave you thinking about it weeks after you finish the game. I do not think I will play a game of this caliber for a long time.
  99. Mar 31, 2013
    Wonderful animation and characters features. Enjoying this game, cant put it down. The fast movement and challenges are more than i could ask for. Keep up the good work, very happy player hours of total pleasure. Thank you
  100. Mar 31, 2013
    Irrational Games have once again created a masterpiece of storytelling in the sky. Its gorgeous visuals, absolutely incredible AI, beautiful sound design and unique setting accompany this, creating Bioshock Infinite; one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's revolutionary AI creates one of the most interactive, realistic and helpful accompanying characters ever, Elizabeth. She creates an emotional connection with the player, making them feel as if she were real. Irrational Games have gone above and beyond, creating a memorable shooter; surpassing my expectations by far. I rate this 10/10 Expand

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]