8.5

1. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is amazing! The best Bioshok so far and the best FPS shooter of the year. The art style is awesome. Anna Maleva (Elizabeth) is so beutiful that I cant stop watching her in front of me. Its been awhile since my last enhoyment of the game's world. This game MUST be played on PC with graphics on MAX, otherwise it wont be that enjoyable. As for the plot.. maaan, most of scie-fieThis game is amazing! The best Bioshok so far and the best FPS shooter of the year. The art style is awesome. Anna Maleva (Elizabeth) is so beutiful that I cant stop watching her in front of me. Its been awhile since my last enhoyment of the game's world. This game MUST be played on PC with graphics on MAX, otherwise it wont be that enjoyable. As for the plot.. maaan, most of scie-fie movies lose to Bioshock in many fields. a MUST PLAY GAME OF THE YEAR! Expand
  2. Apr 1, 2013
    the produers of bioshock are back with another great adventure for you to experience. the first minutes draw me in and it worked. graphics and story are interesting and on a high level. i think one of the best games lately!
  3. Mar 31, 2013
    Fantastic game; great story, very rich and developed world, good gameplay with significant improvements from Bioshock 1 and 2, and a mind blowing ending. In short nothing less than what I expected from a Bioshock game!
  4. Xon
    Jul 19, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite manages to carefully juggle amazing action, immersive atmosphere and great story-telling.

The gameplay is fluid during intense battles presented with beautiful and crisp graphics. Great care was taken to construct a riveting story that surprisingly dovetails with the first two installments.

It is definitely a game worth your time and thoroughly enjoyable.
  5. Apr 8, 2013
    This game combines innovative shooter technology and familiar Bioshock game play into a fantastic triple A story that was worth every dollar. Your life is one of regret until you give it a play through.
  6. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is absolutely stunning! It's graphics, gameplay and story are top notch. I have not played a better game for a very long time now. A must play for any gamer.
  7. Mar 28, 2013
    It's Bioshock, but without the amazing writing and atmosphere (still miles ahead of any other game out there atm though). Irrational tried too hard to make Columbia be another Rapture, but fell somewhat short. Having said that, the combat is as fun as in the original game. There are however pacing issues, where you spend more time searching countless containers scrounging for cash thanIt's Bioshock, but without the amazing writing and atmosphere (still miles ahead of any other game out there atm though). Irrational tried too hard to make Columbia be another Rapture, but fell somewhat short. Having said that, the combat is as fun as in the original game. There are however pacing issues, where you spend more time searching countless containers scrounging for cash than actually shooting stuff; the first couple hours are particularly slow and tedious. There are also far too many long, scripted sequences. This is very unfortunate, as Bioshock had the perfect balance between action and story.

Graphically, and artistically, the game is very pleasant (I played on ultra settings). One of the disappointing things about the original Bioshock was that you only got a sense of the massiveness of the city in the sub ride at the beginning; the rest of the game was very claustrophobic. Not so in this game, the developers were not shy in constantly showing off Columbia's size and splendor.

All in all, it's a solid shooter with a good story, and a must for any Bioshock fans. Just don't go in expecting the same epicness of the original and you won't be disappointed.
  8. Jul 16, 2013
    Story is amazing, the setting is just nice. Gameplay lacks of certain aspects. The difficulty is best to play at hard just getting a nice experience but still is little bit too easy. If going to play better from a story aspect than shooter.

POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILER:
    The ending is some kind of a paradox itself (if you know a lot of physics and science itself you get the idea)
  9. Mar 29, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Irrational are the best devs out there. I ran into not a single glitch in the 13 hours it took me to play through the game. The story is amazing. The gameplay is amazing. It's the best game of this generation.
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    Unos gráficos increíbles (que no realistas) ayudan a sumergirte en una trama aun mejor que disimula un juego bastante lineal en el que la ciudad de Columbia podría haber estado mucho mejor aprovechada. En combate el bueno de Booker se maneja con soltura eligiendo entre unos poderes que son casi calcos de los plásmidos que vimos en el primer juego y una gran variedad de armas.

La trama

La trama está narrada casi enteramente por cintas de voz que el jugador va encontrando a medida que explora los escenarios. Lo cierto es que es francamente intrincada y con un final muy confuso pero si has prestado atención a lo largo del juego podrás recomponer en su mayoría el rompecabezas.

GRAFICOS: 9,5
    SONIDO: 9
    JUABILIDAD:8
    DURACION:8
  11. Apr 1, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. I highly recommend taking your time and finding all of the voxophones. Story is beautifully told. If you can play it on the PC then DO SO; it really brings out how beautiful the scenery is and the amount of detail they put in just make you just want to take screenshots and put it as a wallpaper.
  12. Mar 29, 2013
    Game of the year! Very interesting gameplay, nice level-design and great, memorable story. Very sad that most negative reviews here is about graphics. 10/10 must have!
  13. Jul 10, 2013
    You beauty!
    For those who say this game is overrated, i suppose you're either new to video gaming or you've had such an overdose of COD that you can't tell the difference between a 'game' and a "STUNNER".
    i am totally blown. i am a big movie-buff and have watched 100's of sci-fi movies to judge a sci-fi plot. If this were made into a movie,it would sure as hell break plenty of records.
    You beauty!
    i am totally blown.
    i am a big movie-buff and have watched 100's of sci-fi movies to judge a sci-fi plot. If this were made into a movie,it would sure as hell break plenty of records. The graphics,gameplay and other stuff are great but what what really steals the show is the plot and especially the ending of the game.
    Too bad if you haven't bought it yet coz its worth every penny. If you're not one of those who like to replay the game on higher difficulty settings after beating it once, this game might change you're mind.
    PS: it was the first bioshock that i bought.i haven't played any of the the previous titles on any platform.
    I have so much to say about this game but let's not spoil the surprise for you. Live it yourself.
  14. Mar 27, 2013
    Probably the most amazing game I have played in the past 10 years every review that has given the game more than 9.5 is true; it really is THAT good. This game is almost like movie in how it is presented story-wise. There is so much depth within it that makes you wonder about the character development like no other game. The characters are so rich and fleshed out that they are like theyProbably the most amazing game I have played in the past 10 years every review that has given the game more than 9.5 is true; it really is THAT good. This game is almost like movie in how it is presented story-wise. There is so much depth within it that makes you wonder about the character development like no other game. The characters are so rich and fleshed out that they are like they are living flesh in blood that you care about. The combat is super smooth and, might I say, much better than the first 2 in the series. There is also a ton of customization in how you want to upgrade your vigors and your strengths. All-in-all, this game definitely deserves a 10/10.

Great job Irrational; great job indeed.
  15. Aug 28, 2013
    Amazing game; honestly this is probably my favourite game of all time. It's not for everyone; the change in tone from Rapture may irk some, and the game-play isn't the best of all time. For me though, I play games for the art and story, both of which are phenomenal in this game. The design, art, story, and character development (among other elements) take the standard for video games to aAmazing game; honestly this is probably my favourite game of all time. It's not for everyone; the change in tone from Rapture may irk some, and the game-play isn't the best of all time. For me though, I play games for the art and story, both of which are phenomenal in this game. The design, art, story, and character development (among other elements) take the standard for video games to a whole new level, and it was also nice that Irrational bothered to give the PC version the option of turning the texture quality up to ridiculous levels (it really improves the overall experience, the game is gorgeous on higher settings). Ken Levine is one of the greatest story tellers of our age, not just in video games. 10/10, my only complaint being a lack of multi-player (which I think could have been fantastic with all the different mechanics in the game), but the single player experience was honestly so brilliant, that I can completely live without it. Expand
  16. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is a must, unless you're brainwashed player who claims that graphics>everything else. It's really hard to describe what I've felt after finishing this game. No words can describe it. Usually i'm very disappointed by modern game industry. But this game, is something else. You can feel this game. Buy it.
  17. May 11, 2013
    Fantastic story and storytelling and an amazing world however the run and gun gameplay itself is quiet bland, everything is just a sponge. Weapon and armour upgrade system feel awkward and hamfisted (no visual representation of upgrades, c'mon this is a AAA title guys). If you're like me you were always too cautious to actually use Salts due to the randomness of obtaining them.
  18. Mar 27, 2013
    This is example of what real triple A video game should be. It was done perfect in all sides. Optimization is also awesome. This is Game Of The Year!!!
  19. Apr 18, 2013
    This is by far one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. There's little in this game that you can't enjoy. I spent the first 20-30 minutes of my time in Columbia just walking, literally walking, around and examinging my surrounding. Everything feels so alive, there are so many things going on around you and there are also several things the developers added to the game that youThis is by far one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. There's little in this game that you can't enjoy. I spent the first 20-30 minutes of my time in Columbia just walking, literally walking, around and examinging my surrounding. Everything feels so alive, there are so many things going on around you and there are also several things the developers added to the game that you may never see, that I might have not even seen. It's beautiful to know that it you've played through a game without seeing several things on the side that the developers didn't have to put in the game at all. Elizabeth makes the game far more enjoyable and you'll constantly be thanking your lucky stars she's there on the battlefield with you. By the time the game came to an end my mind had been blown. If you enjoyed the surprise twist to the origninal Bioshock game then you're in for a treat. The game ends in the most beautiful way and is easily one of the best game endings I've ever seen. If you're on the fence on whether or not you should buy this game do youself a huge favour and get it. I can't possibly reccomend this enough. Expand
  20. Apr 5, 2013
    Phenomenal story telling is at work in Bioshock Infinite. Yes, there are times where the twists and turns can be hard to keep up with but that's the point! It's complexity regarding physics and metaphysics is to be expected. Artistically, I can't say I've seen anything quite like it. The set pieces in the game are very, very well done and looks like painstaking detail went into making manyPhenomenal story telling is at work in Bioshock Infinite. Yes, there are times where the twists and turns can be hard to keep up with but that's the point! It's complexity regarding physics and metaphysics is to be expected. Artistically, I can't say I've seen anything quite like it. The set pieces in the game are very, very well done and looks like painstaking detail went into making many of them. Technically, I would not say bioshock is breaking as many boundaries. It is a standard shooter on some levels. However, with the sky-line, the vigors, etc it becomes more. Overall, you would be hard pressed to find a game like this at all. This game will live on in the pantheon of games with the likes of Half Life forever. Expand
  21. Mar 27, 2013
    Never have I thought that a game that has its core built around quantum physics and philosophy would be so perfectly crafted. No cut scenes, 100% immersion, perfect attention to detail, and a story that blew my mind more so than it's predecessor. This... is easily thee best game I've played. Sure, there's the golden oldies that I still love, but Bioshock Infinite has launched a new era ofNever have I thought that a game that has its core built around quantum physics and philosophy would be so perfectly crafted. No cut scenes, 100% immersion, perfect attention to detail, and a story that blew my mind more so than it's predecessor. This... is easily thee best game I've played. Sure, there's the golden oldies that I still love, but Bioshock Infinite has launched a new era of cinematic immersion games. Games that shape the way we ask questions, ponder life, and live in our imaginations. In an ironic twist, it almost makes me wish I never played it, because now I know that every game that's released with money-grabbing intention is just that... pure crap. Expand
  22. Apr 15, 2013
    I have this message to you low-scorers.

I have this message to you low-scorers.

You come to the FPS genre to be entertained in the FPS fashion. Funnily enough there's a certain limit on how many creative ways to kill someone and I think many of them would be way more overrated than this game. If you buy and play and FPS game and get turned off by the fact that you're actually just shooting people with weapons *gasp* I offer this suggestion on rethinking what actual genre and gamestyle you actually enjoy and perhaps refrain from purchasing these.

So you say it's a generic shooter? Well what isn't a generic shooter? Portal can have kudos for being the outlier here, but the overwhelming majority of FPS games have funnily enough been no more than just a play on shooting the guy before he shoots you. I'm not sure where the style title First Person Shooter misleads people here, you must have been going into this expecting guns and a plentiful serving of foes to spray bullets into, if not then again look for another genre. And on the flipside there's no shortage of games that have become memorable for all of us that put more effort into the atmosphere than the shooting gameplay.

Story is also a big thing brought up here. First of all if you actually take the time to explore and listen to the tapes things become far clearer. In these games you cannot just walk down the corridor, shoot this guy and the other and suddenly everything makes sense. You have to investigate and find things out for yourself. You are actively part of the story, you're not taking a backseat here watching someone else as you would reading a book or watching a movie. I might also agree that the story was a little convoluted at times but that doesn't mean the game is a complete fat 0. You were never meant to fully understand the movie Inception on just the first viewing and it doesn't deserve a low score just because of this or even if you hated the story altogether, you won't please everybody.

So please, save those 0 scores for games that truly deserve it, not a game that is innocently using the FPS style as a means of telling a unique story.
  23. Mar 28, 2013
    This is one of if not the most immersive game i have ever played. You will lose yourself in the brilliant gameplay and amazing mind-bending story that you feel like you are actually a part of it. It's an absolute masterpiece.
  24. Sep 19, 2013
    this game is just a amazing masterpiece its such a good looking game without being demanding and just plain awesome this game is very fun and life like characters like Elizabeth just make this game the gameplay has not changed too much from the first Bioshock and that's a good thing the game is just perfect the music choice the graphics the story the gameplay the voice acting this is justthis game is just a amazing masterpiece its such a good looking game without being demanding and just plain awesome this game is very fun and life like characters like Elizabeth just make this game the gameplay has not changed too much from the first Bioshock and that's a good thing the game is just perfect the music choice the graphics the story the gameplay the voice acting this is just a masterpiece you see once or twice in a life time Expand
  25. Apr 1, 2013
    A game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deepA game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deep emotions inside of you. Thank you Irrational. Unforgettable. Expand
  26. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is awesome. Just finish it. My mind was blown away. I dont know what to say. That was... amazing.
    Damn this guys are good. 10 out of 10. For making an art out of shooter.
  27. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a gem. Very few games this generation succeeded in delivering the kind of atmosphere this game provides. Everything is so detailed and the surroundings are spectacular. Booker and Elizabeth have a great chemistry and there relationship grows as the game progresses. The game is about 10-12 hours on the first run but 1999 mode adds replay value. The skyhook gameplay isBioshock Infinite is a gem. Very few games this generation succeeded in delivering the kind of atmosphere this game provides. Everything is so detailed and the surroundings are spectacular. Booker and Elizabeth have a great chemistry and there relationship grows as the game progresses. The game is about 10-12 hours on the first run but 1999 mode adds replay value. The skyhook gameplay is enthralling and never gets old. It has a story and ending that people will not forget, some might not like it but unlike the Mass Effect 3 ending, this ending makes sense in the Bioshock universe and will explain important questions in the end. Do not let this game get past by you, this is an experience every gamer should try. If this is the direction games are going in terms of story and great atmosphere, thenI cannot wait for what Irrational Games has in store for us. Expand
  28. Jan 8, 2014
    There are so many things I can say about BioShock Infinite. It was the first game I ever beat. This game is also one of the greatest games I have ever played. The entire story is amazing with a great plot and one of the most shocking endings ever. Also the graphics are amazing. At some parts I thought I was watching a movie. But most of all the combat is amazing. Whether its versing killerThere are so many things I can say about BioShock Infinite. It was the first game I ever beat. This game is also one of the greatest games I have ever played. The entire story is amazing with a great plot and one of the most shocking endings ever. Also the graphics are amazing. At some parts I thought I was watching a movie. But most of all the combat is amazing. Whether its versing killer birds or robots the combats just great. Also the setting of Columbia is very cool. Maybe not as eerie as Rapture but still very cool and actually somewhat eerie. All in all this game is nearly perfect and I say if you're going to buy it go for it. Expand
  29. May 4, 2013
    One of gaming's biggest achievements.Bioshock Infinite is not only one of the best games of this generation but also has one of the best stories told in a gaming history.

Pros:
    One of the best stories of this generation.
    Great characters,The Elizabeth AI is a perfect.
    Perfect shooting mechanics.
    Great boss fights.
    Superb ending.

This game no cons,it is totally perfect.
  30. Apr 17, 2013
    I decided to write a review even though I didn't have to in the first place. Its just that some idiot by the username AdamC wrote a review so reviling I almost vomited. I don't know whether you're a troll or not but seriously YOU!!! How dare you compare a game like Infinite to a series as cliched and boring like Call of Duty (yep, he's a troll). Anyway, my review goes like this. TheI decided to write a review even though I didn't have to in the first place. Its just that some idiot by the username AdamC wrote a review so reviling I almost vomited. I don't know whether you're a troll or not but seriously YOU!!! How dare you compare a game like Infinite to a series as cliched and boring like Call of Duty (yep, he's a troll). Anyway, my review goes like this. The gameplay has its good and bad moments. My PC is able to handle the game at high resolution and effects but I still find a slight lag with my mouse. Also, you don't seem to be able to catch a break. It's really plenty of shooting and explosions and your shields going down and round it goes again. The enemies have every poor A.I, they keep rushing at you even though you are armed with a rocket launcher. The replacement for the plasmids in the first two games called Vigors in Infinite are awesome, my fav is the Murder of Crows. However, they can feel underwhelming in certain situations and you really need to figure out when is the best time to use which Vigor. I have seen people on Youtube playthroughs using the wrong Vigors at the wrong times, making the game difficult for them. Plotwise, it IS the best for a game in the past few years (since when games have A-grade plots anyway?). Booker DeWitt is a really cool character and Elizabeth is a godsend (throwing items your way) although she can get annoying at times. Simply, the story is the main reason you should play this game. A lot of people complained about certain parts of the game like the ending being unlikable or difficult to understand and yes, it is true. Took me two playthroughs to figure it out. But, it is a pleaser and the Sky-Lines in the game make the gunfights interesting although very frantic (damn Handymans). The game is also very violent, it IS a shooter after all but I didn't find it distracting. The racism and religion angle wasn't a problem either, I guess its just the moral and religious guardians overreacting again as usual. The game isn't perfect, no game is, but I give it a 10 based on the fact that it is probably the most unique game this year. Bioshock Infinite DOES fall flat in many areas and many of the elements the were promised in the early development of the game did not appear (I won't spoil it). Call yourself a real gamer then play it. Although I would advise you to wait for the price to drop a bit if you're unsure. Still, Bioshock Infinite is something different from the usual crap. Play it unless you want to be a delusional CoD fan like our friend at the beginning. Expand
  31. Mar 27, 2013
    I loved the first Bioshock. The second was somewhat meh, and so I was very sceptical, yet very excited about this one.
    And boy was I in for a treat. If you loved the story of the first one, and the setting of the previous games, you will be too!
    The combat is fun and challenging, even at lower difficulties. Sometimes it can be a bit chaotic and killbox-y, but it gets the adrenaline running, which I truly enjoyed.

The story is an absolute masterpiece. The characters are believable, and it's hard not to feel sympathetic with both the protagonist and Elizabeth.
    I loved how the story just slowly ramps up in the beginning, time ticking along, and then as you get further into the game, and deeper into the story, it just picks up pace, until in the end it all just comes together and crashes down on you.

The ending left me shedding a tear, and I would be surprised if I were the only one!
    I can't help but wonder if choices during the game might have made for a different outcome...?
    I suppose only another play-through will tell!
  32. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a triumph for PC gaming. It has great graphics, a highly immersive storyline, an intricate and beautifully designed world, and smooth flowing gameplay. The combat system works really well and leaves me with a smile on my face. I am so pleased with this game, it's a joy to play!

Your main companion (Elizabeth) has been designed extremely well. She's helpful and intelligent and I never once got that feeling of "get out the way, NPC!". She works with you, movement is well programmed and it makes me feel she's really helping rather than hindering.

The PC implementation is to a high standard. Unreal Engine is looking better than I've seen it before. This is helped by high resolution textures which look absolutely gorgeous. I give out-the-box multi-monitor widescreen support an A+ rating.

Congratulations to Irrational Games for this masterpiece. Highly Recommended!
  33. Jul 31, 2013
    Fantastic, beautiful game that is worthy of being analyzed like a good novel with its criticism of treating capitalism like a religion. Crazy awesome ending too. Elizabeth is one of the greatest companions I have ever had in a video game, and your connection with her gets to be very strong as the game progresses (if you're into it). I just absolutely loved it.

Comments on critiques of

Comments on critiques of the game as being racist: This game is just as racist as Huck Finn, in that, A) racism in 1912 wasn't as big of an issue and B) the setting takes place in a corrupted society, which means their hatred of non-whites is only as valid as Pa's in Mark Twain's novel. The game is only racist if you look at the surface of what the developers are saying. Wonderful game. Game of the year in my opinion.
  34. JEK
    May 22, 2013
    I like this game. But I've finished the game in just 2 days. It was a good game but it seems like I'm playing dishonored. But IF you compare them, BI has great graphics and lots of useful power to choose from. In Dishonored I love the sneaking and assassin kind of killing. The story of BI is really good unlike of the previous one that's boring. I love the ending...
  35. Apr 3, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played.. Amazing Story great graphics and beautiful characters... The intro of the game is one of the best intros I have ever seen and the moment you see Columbia for the first time you just can't resist staring at it... The characters are all amazing espesially Booker DeWitt with his dark past revealing itself throughout the game.. The graphics areOne of the best games I've ever played.. Amazing Story great graphics and beautiful characters... The intro of the game is one of the best intros I have ever seen and the moment you see Columbia for the first time you just can't resist staring at it... The characters are all amazing espesially Booker DeWitt with his dark past revealing itself throughout the game.. The graphics are absolutely beautiful with bright colours and amazing facial expressions... Finally something new to the FPS gender.. Expand
  36. Apr 3, 2013
    People should support this game to encourage video game developers to make more games like this. It's a true work of art, an touching story about regret, faith and redemption. It perfectly combines striking storytelling, amazing gameplay and a deep story. Furthermore, they made Elizabeth one of my favorite female game characters:) Keep on the good work, Irrational Games!
  37. Apr 10, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite Presents something entirely new but still keeping the same essence. The Gamplay is simple and gripping and it is really fun. The Most amazing thing about the AI is Elizabeth. The way the player interacts with her is really good and handy. The emotion is binds the player with the thoughts of her. At times it may seem that game becomes easy with this assistance but surelyBioshock Infinite Presents something entirely new but still keeping the same essence. The Gamplay is simple and gripping and it is really fun. The Most amazing thing about the AI is Elizabeth. The way the player interacts with her is really good and handy. The emotion is binds the player with the thoughts of her. At times it may seem that game becomes easy with this assistance but surely it is what makes the game different from others. The Graphics looks astonishingly well although there are some glitches but it is entirely forgivable. The Storytelling and the voice acting were the main thing that made the game distinctive. It was a whole new level of story telling. I thought that it will not live up to expectations but it has. The ending was a bit unexpected and it left me thinking for a while but it is totally justified. Although the violence the game depicts sometimes drags us out from the same emotional narrative it can be overlooked. Expand
  38. May 12, 2013
    Didn't care much for Bioshock 1, got bored 30mins in to the 2nd but Bioshock Infinite is my opinion a perfect game! Great story, well crafted characters an amazing twist... just out right enjoyable all around! It's so great to have such a colorful and refreshing experience.
  39. Aug 5, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a game which you can play dozens of times without getting bored.The graphics are astonishing,the story is well-written and well,where the game truly exceeds is the ending,the combat and of course the voxophones which help you to find out more about the character's motivations.I enjoyed the game and i think that is a really contender for goty,although i wished that theBioShock Infinite is a game which you can play dozens of times without getting bored.The graphics are astonishing,the story is well-written and well,where the game truly exceeds is the ending,the combat and of course the voxophones which help you to find out more about the character's motivations.I enjoyed the game and i think that is a really contender for goty,although i wished that the choices you've made during the game to have an impact on the ending. Expand
  40. May 10, 2013
    A STANK ASS GAME IT STAN|K YO IT SUCKED YO IT SUCKED LIKE DIARRHEA

Well I can start by saying. It is a very unique and artistic setting. The visuals are great. To be quite honest it isn't as good as the game deserves. I found it to
  41. Mar 29, 2013
    It's impossible to accurately describe what makes Bioshock Infinite the masterpiece that it is. In large part it's due to the storytelling and the characters, but Ken Levine obviously has learned, from his years of game design, how to create a world that feels real, and that sucks you in.

Colombia is beautiful, but troubled. At first glance, you're walking into a utopia built upon a christian jingoist cult and you will be absolutely awestruck by the vistas sprawling out before you. Remember that feeling you got when you started Bioshock 1 for the first time? It's like that, but tenfold. The combat is also excellent, and low-scoring reviewers obviously were more accustomed to run-and-gun COD style gameplay, not realizing that FPS titles existed long before the new franchises that kids have grown up with today, and there is so much more to gaming than l33t no-scope headshots and hiding behind walls. The best way I can think of describing it is a combination of Halo, Half Life 2, Bioshock 1, and perhaps a bit of COD thrown into the mix for iron sights and cover-based shooting moments. Vigors (read: plasmids) work much better in this title than they did in previous Bioshock installments, and have far more uses. If you really want to get the most out of combat in this game, use your vigors creatively, use the sky hook, and use the entire battlefield instead of just one corner. I can't think of another title that let me fire a chaingun at robotic George Washingtons while sliding along a rail, only to jump off and decapitate a machine gunner on the dismount, in one fluid and satisfying motion. I also can't think of another FPS title in recent memory that presents you with enemies that are immune to things like grenades.

However, while the combat is fun, the real strength of Bioshock Infinite is in it's storytelling and chaaracters. It's difficult if not near impossible to not fall for Elizabeth when you first meet her, the Luteces are perfect companion characters that provide necessary comic relief as well as important exposition, and everything just makes sense the more you play. As with all Bioshock games, there is a twist, but I will not spoil it for you and will not even tell you when to expect it. Suffice to say, the game gets deep and keeps going, and by the end you might have the best kind of headache.

It might be harsh to say, but the reviews below that are scoring Bioshock Infinite at anything between 0 and 6 simply... didn't understand it, and that's OK. Unfortunately, if the majority of the world disagrees with you, they're not the ones who are wrong. Play it again; get absorbed, get lost in it, get involved in it. It's not "stupid" to invest yourself emotionally in this game. that's the entire point of playing it.

This is one of those games that you need to seriously devote some thought to. It will twist your brain and test your emotions. The only way it could be called "mediocre" is if you tried to play a game like this like you would play a yearly installment of COD and paid absolutely no attention whatsoever to the environments, characters, storyline, or original gameplay. You don't just grab a gun and go to town on evil nazi zombies, you are defending yourself, and that is what makes all the difference.

Buy Bioshock Infinite. It's the most satisfying, brilliant, and fresh take on the FPS genre since Half Life 2.
  42. Apr 13, 2013
    I've loved the Bioshock series from the start, so I may be biased, but I absolutely LOVED playing through this adventure. Game play, story and visuals merged to create a really epic game that will undoubtedly be talked about positively for years to come. Works of art like this make me confident that the gaming industry as a whole still has hope, I can't recommend this title more highly.
  43. May 20, 2013
    very very bland game, not until the very end did anything interesting begin to happen. another thing wrong with this game is that the boys of silence were too scary.
  44. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm just going to go ahead and say this. This game is incredible. Easily a more than worthy contender for GOTY and one of the greatest games of this generation. It easily deserves the hype and praise it's been getting. Also, don't pay attention to the negative reviews. They are either just trolls or they can't tell the difference between a bad game, and a game that isn't in tune with theirI'm just going to go ahead and say this. This game is incredible. Easily a more than worthy contender for GOTY and one of the greatest games of this generation. It easily deserves the hype and praise it's been getting. Also, don't pay attention to the negative reviews. They are either just trolls or they can't tell the difference between a bad game, and a game that isn't in tune with their personal taste. Expand
  45. Mar 31, 2013
    good game
    but i agree with the low score from some guys is overrated
  46. Apr 1, 2013
    I sincerely hope other creators take a cue from the Bioshock games; games should be a journey where you feel part of the story rather than just experiencing it. Bioshock Infinite It offers fantastic, exciting, and seriously difficult gameplay alongside immersive & emotional story telling. Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece in every sense of the term. Do yourself a favor and go alongI sincerely hope other creators take a cue from the Bioshock games; games should be a journey where you feel part of the story rather than just experiencing it. Bioshock Infinite It offers fantastic, exciting, and seriously difficult gameplay alongside immersive & emotional story telling. Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece in every sense of the term. Do yourself a favor and go along with this journey. Expand
  47. Apr 14, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game. However there are some points that bring the game down from "flawless" or "masterwork".
    Pros: Amazing Lighting Graphics, Great story-line (especially the ending), Vigora are awesome (IMO), Unique Setting Beautiful world, Top-notch voice acting, Elizabeth...
    Cons: Combat gets Repetitive, Some textures aren't great (but that won't be a big deal) But
    But that won't bring Infinite down a whole score (of course decimals). So my overall score is 9.8/10.
  48. Sep 5, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite not only lives up to the series name, but surpasses it! Unlike the first two games, where Rapture was already in ruins when you got there and all the inhabitants (with very few exceptions) are psychotic, genetically enhanced, murderers, Columbia in Infinite is a living, breathing world, where many of the inhabitants are non-combatant, and others will only attack if youBioshock Infinite not only lives up to the series name, but surpasses it! Unlike the first two games, where Rapture was already in ruins when you got there and all the inhabitants (with very few exceptions) are psychotic, genetically enhanced, murderers, Columbia in Infinite is a living, breathing world, where many of the inhabitants are non-combatant, and others will only attack if you perform certain actions. Playing on the skylines was a lot cooler than I expected, I spent a lot of time just whipping around buildings playing around. Elisabeth is probably the least useless AI partner in any video game ever, you never have to worry about her in a fight, her powers can help you in a fight, and sometimes she'll toss you ammo or mana or health when you need it. Combat is fast and brutal, as should be expected in a Bioshock game. The storyline is pretty damn amazing, though the very last piece of ending felt kind of like a cheat. I honestly liked it all the way up until the very last scene. That doesn't hurt the overall game though, had a blast, will enjoy the DLC as it comes out. Expand
  49. Jul 20, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite delivers on every level- the gameplay is fantastic, the story is great, and the customization of your character is great. While your weapon options are limited, that presents you with seemingly more options, as you have to prepare yourself for what you expect to be coming up, and you adapt your weapon choice to your playstyle. Additionally, the powers you get add to theBioshock Infinite delivers on every level- the gameplay is fantastic, the story is great, and the customization of your character is great. While your weapon options are limited, that presents you with seemingly more options, as you have to prepare yourself for what you expect to be coming up, and you adapt your weapon choice to your playstyle. Additionally, the powers you get add to the whole spectacle. While it's storyline isn't as terrible ground-breaking as some reviews make it out to be, it's an enjoyable one anyways. Expand
  50. Aug 31, 2013
    An absolutely stunning gem in modern gaming. Bioshock Infinite is both beautiful and addicting. Story is a major selling point as the game flows like a river without any jarring out-of-place sidequests or the like. The relationship between Booker and Elizabeth is multifaceted and incredibly well done through magnificent voice-acting and writing. Gameplay is smooth and can become quiteAn absolutely stunning gem in modern gaming. Bioshock Infinite is both beautiful and addicting. Story is a major selling point as the game flows like a river without any jarring out-of-place sidequests or the like. The relationship between Booker and Elizabeth is multifaceted and incredibly well done through magnificent voice-acting and writing. Gameplay is smooth and can become quite stressful and challenging under the right conditions while still remaining fair.
    This is a game you should play over and over again to fully appreciate its character.
  51. Jul 16, 2013
    Dark and complex, this one blows away the first two bioshock games in my opinion. The plot of the game is very complex, you have to pay attention to every little details in order to understand the game. I'm sure some people dislike this game for its complexity. The graphics in this game are..AMAZING!! I play this on the pc and just WOW!!! The streets, buildings, and environments....justDark and complex, this one blows away the first two bioshock games in my opinion. The plot of the game is very complex, you have to pay attention to every little details in order to understand the game. I'm sure some people dislike this game for its complexity. The graphics in this game are..AMAZING!! I play this on the pc and just WOW!!! The streets, buildings, and environments....just beautiful. I love the gameplay in this one, bit similar to the first two games but faster pace. Intense gameplay, great music, dark and complex story. I give this game 10/10. P.S: Wish the campaign was longer..but oh well. Expand
  52. Jul 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an intuitive first person title. Game play is dependent on the play style of the person in control allowing for unique experiences and possible multiple plays, which most games lack. The story is something that will hook you from the start, probably causing people to ask "What the Those whom remain patient will discover truths that will lead to great real lifeBioshock Infinite is an intuitive first person title. Game play is dependent on the play style of the person in control allowing for unique experiences and possible multiple plays, which most games lack. The story is something that will hook you from the start, probably causing people to ask "What the Those whom remain patient will discover truths that will lead to great real life dialogue about the game's intricate timeline. Much like The Godfather (movie), it is hard to play another game after completing Bioshock Infinite. You'll find yourself asking, "Is it worth playing something else?" You'll want to invest more time into it. This opinion comes from a person who has an enormous backlog on every current gen console and over 40 steam games waiting to be caressed. Expand
  53. Mar 29, 2013
    the game looks amazing but this is not even close to Graphics when we talk about details, if you look at :let's say roses they are freaking drawn on paper(and this is on ultra settings).In terms of combat at the start was fun but by the time you get to the last"boss" (defending the zepp) it kinda feels like serious sam just wave after wave. sound assets are great, just amazing voicethe game looks amazing but this is not even close to Graphics when we talk about details, if you look at :let's say roses they are freaking drawn on paper(and this is on ultra settings).In terms of combat at the start was fun but by the time you get to the last"boss" (defending the zepp) it kinda feels like serious sam just wave after wave. sound assets are great, just amazing voice acting. Mid-game and the end game was a bit to long(compared to other objectives in game it just took so long...Let's look a bit at the ending [Loading screen][move][Press F] [Loading screen][move][Press F] [Loading screen][move][Press F] [Loading screen][move][Press F] [Loading screen][move][Press F] [Loading screen][move][Press F] they could just made a big cutscene because that's what it was Expand
  54. Apr 19, 2013
    One the best of all time. The actual gameplay and graphics are solid, nothing ground breaking or new there. But it has go to be one of the best story lines of all time and well worth the time invested/

Judging on the negative reviews in may not appeal to those who aren't use to having to think about a story in a game.
  55. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is art, simply said. The graphics are amazing, putting aside the VERY RARE framerate drop or texture pop ins. The gameplay is standard FPS fare with the extra power ups, but where it really shines is story and atmosphere. Columbia is freaking gorgeous, and the story has PLENTY of twists and turns. A must play for anyone, and one of my contenders for Game of the Year already.
  56. Apr 2, 2013
    This is as good as a game gets these days. The story and acting is perfect. The gameplay is perfect. The graphics are perfect. The... everything is perfect! I especially love the couple who follow you somehow through the entire game with that movie like music! It FEELS like a movie. It really does.
  57. Apr 26, 2013
    Not quite a 10, the only flaw is the weak combat I feel. Only able to carry 2 guns at a time is just plain idiotic. It's not horrible, but it's nothing super either. The skylines are its strong point. The story on the other hand is amazing and will leave you by the end. Elizabeth is a great character and hard not to love.
  58. Mar 27, 2013
    There are problems that I have with the game, like the lack of a manual save and a shallow side quest system, but all that is negligible when compared to the towering successes of this marvelous game. I almost don't even want to say anything about it in fear of spoiling the brilliant ending. Just play the game, that all that really needs to be said.
  59. Mar 31, 2013
    Excellent storytelling, one of the few games in the last year that made me want to actually finish it. Worth every penny, definitely recommend. The glitches are so minor, it's not even worth mentioning.
  60. Mar 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game that is able to pack so much information into a small amount of time. The game based in 1912 which is a time that many people forget about because it is an era that is overlooked by the "Roaring 20s" followed by the Great Depression. Infinite shows the concepts of the hatred of immigrants and the most obvious racism towards the Irish, Welsh, and allBioshock Infinite is a beautiful game that is able to pack so much information into a small amount of time. The game based in 1912 which is a time that many people forget about because it is an era that is overlooked by the "Roaring 20s" followed by the Great Depression. Infinite shows the concepts of the hatred of immigrants and the most obvious racism towards the Irish, Welsh, and all colored people. The hated group are on Columbia strictly for labor work and there is even stock for the immigrants that are lazy or refuse to work show throughout the game. Colored workers are also shown how they are afraid of the "white man" in two instances I remember when the colored worker apologizes to the non-racist Booker for smoking and a worker cursing the "white man" for his work and immediately when he acknowledged Booker he asks if he needs anything. The game shows the blinded patriotism towards the founding fathers who are considered Gods and do not recognize the bad sides of the fathers in Columbia. When playing this game I URGE YOU NOT TO RECOGNIZE THIS AS A SEQUEL TO EITHER OF THE BIOSHOCKS. Although Bioshock 1 is the makers of this game and hardly any of the creators worked on Bioshock 2. This game is hardly a sequel but a completely different game. However the game captures the key elements I consider the Bioshock franchise to be.
    1. A place made to be a utopia which collapses to be a dystopia with many people in denial.
    2. plasmids(vigors)
    3. No cutscenes and the story comes together via in games material

Though Infinite contains my characteristics to be considered a Bioshock game, the game lacks a certain eeriness the other games contains (maybe because it is not underwater and the sun is out) there is much more gun play and less plasmid(vigor) use in the game and it feels like it is much more spamming of weapons and scrounging for ammo than the past games. The use of shields is something that I disliked and the fact that whenever you are low Elizabeth magically gives you what you need. I may be biased but I feel like this game would have succeed much more to me if it was apart from the game series and became its own game and title. The game is amazing but doesn't have the elements to me that the other Bioshock game had to me as a player. That is why I am giving the game a 9 instead of a perfect 10. However this game is a great game and if you are a gamer who enjoys a good story line without simply bulldozing through it. It is a must play. If you only like shooting and couldn't care less about story go back to Call Of Duty or something you don't deserve to be called a gamer if you only play one game........

tl;dr.... Game is exceptional however only contains the basic core elements I consider in a Bioshock game. Which is the reason for the 9 and not a 10.
  61. Jun 28, 2013
    I was very skeptical when i got the game. I am more into realism for my games, but my brother convinced me to give it a try. I had even seen him playing sometimes and it still, looked so ridiculous to me. But in reality this game really deserves such a high score, graphics are fine, story is awesome, and gameplay is brilliant, combining melee, guns and a variety of powers to deal withI was very skeptical when i got the game. I am more into realism for my games, but my brother convinced me to give it a try. I had even seen him playing sometimes and it still, looked so ridiculous to me. But in reality this game really deserves such a high score, graphics are fine, story is awesome, and gameplay is brilliant, combining melee, guns and a variety of powers to deal with enemies in different ways. Its a lot of fun and everything that a real pure gamer could ask for. Expand
  62. Jun 17, 2013
    "The first game in a long time that I've wanted to play again as soon as I finished it". A friend of mine reeled this off to me shortly after completing Bioshock Infinite, I can now say that I completely agree with him. Irrational Games have struck gold with this title; with the copious amounts of praise that Infinite's story line receives, it is easy to overlook many of the other great"The first game in a long time that I've wanted to play again as soon as I finished it". A friend of mine reeled this off to me shortly after completing Bioshock Infinite, I can now say that I completely agree with him. Irrational Games have struck gold with this title; with the copious amounts of praise that Infinite's story line receives, it is easy to overlook many of the other great aspects of the game. The graphics are beautiful. The score is both exciting and moving, perfect for each situation. The characters are fantastically crafted and show good development through the game. The AI is appropriately tough and interesting to fight. However, whilst the game doesn't exactly skimp out on gameplay, I am forced to withhold the 'perfect-10' for what I can only describe as an inefficient inclusion of the né plasmids. I felt that it would be possible to complete the game without using vigors once for combat, and that Irrational had the opportunity to include enemies that would only be affected after being struck by a particular vigor, or having some that would be resistant to gun fire in general. I understand, of course, that the larger enemies would not be affected by Bucking Bronco for instance, and Firemen are resistant to Devil's Kiss, but it would be nice to see at least a part of the game that relied solely on using vigors to defend yourself.
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted piece of gaming artwork, and I urge any gamer to pick it up and play it.
  63. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is one of the best story experiences i have ever played. The art/design is amazing, really showing what a floating city in the sky can be seen as. The graphics compliment this really well too. The combat is fun, especially because of the skylines and different vigors. The story is also amazing, the ending is the most amazing and confusing ending I have ever seen.
  64. Apr 1, 2013
    I gotta say that this is a brilliant, brilliant game. Probably the best Singleplayer experience I've ever had. Beatiful aesthetics, gorgeous and fitting soundtrack, very believable and truly outstanding characters paired with exceptionally good voice actors and a well written story with an ending that will blow your mind into little pieces. The gameplay mechanics are nothing revolutionary,I gotta say that this is a brilliant, brilliant game. Probably the best Singleplayer experience I've ever had. Beatiful aesthetics, gorgeous and fitting soundtrack, very believable and truly outstanding characters paired with exceptionally good voice actors and a well written story with an ending that will blow your mind into little pieces. The gameplay mechanics are nothing revolutionary, but this isn't what this game relies on.

I'm really not exaggerating but I think they've created a masterpiece which -in terms of Singleplayer games- raised the bar significantly.
  65. May 8, 2013
    Every few years a game comes along that reminds you what video games are capable of. They can be beautiful, mesmerizing, brilliant, and art. And, maybe, most importantly, worthy of your time and money. BioShock Infinite is that rare game that combines all the best qualities of video games and blends them into a masterpiece.
  66. May 12, 2013
    Story, art direction, voice acting, gameplay, graphics, soundtrack... You name it and this game make it perfectly. Specially story. Wow... Just WOW! It's been a long time since a game don't blows my mind like this one, and you'll see it when you get to the end.
    To be fair, the gameplay has nothing new (only a few tweaks), so if you didn't like the first Bioshock games you won't like this one from this perspective. But let's be honest: how to NOT like Bioshock? Only if you are fan of braindead shooters like COD, I guess.
    VERY strong candidate for GOTY.
  67. Mar 29, 2013
    After experiencing this game and looking back at everything that happened I have to say that this is the best and most thought out game I've ever played. The only word that comes to my head when I try to describe this game is incredible. This is the closest, I think, that any game has ever come to perfection.
  68. Apr 1, 2013
    Best game I have ever played. Perfect. I actually bought this game instead of pirating it and am very glad I helped Ken Levine and his team of magicians.
  69. Apr 12, 2013
    This game is near perfect in my opinion. In all the other games I've played, none have ever made me think such as this one has, with a superb plot that after some thinking about begins to make sense and will blow your mind. Combined with stunning graphics, unique and varied weapons and powers, variety of enemies and great voice acting and characters that you can like and care about, thisThis game is near perfect in my opinion. In all the other games I've played, none have ever made me think such as this one has, with a superb plot that after some thinking about begins to make sense and will blow your mind. Combined with stunning graphics, unique and varied weapons and powers, variety of enemies and great voice acting and characters that you can like and care about, this is one of my favourite games i have ever played. I definitely recommend this game. Expand
  70. Apr 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is worth your money and time, no matter what sort of games you prefer. The world of Columbia feels amazing and well crafted, everything is special and the game never gets boring. Always something new to explore and the fast paced story is good for the gameplay. Complex ending with a lot of plots and twists. It might not be a horror game like the first game but Bioshock: Infinite is special, it's deep. You could analyze Infinite's story/ design for hours. I promise you this one thing: You will sit speechless after the ending and find yourself staring at the credits pouring down. I have personally played a lot of RPG games but this is the first one where I have to think a lot about the game's meaning. The message of game is deep and it's up to YOU to find it. Expand
  71. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the greatest games I've ever played. This is coming from someone who has yet to play bioshock 1 and 2. Overall a complete experience you would want from a game, great compelling story, awesome gameplay, and great setting graphics. BTW whoever thought of implementing the skyhook and sky rails gameplay should be given a house. A BIG house with a puppy.
  72. Aug 17, 2013
    Really there isn't more to be said. It is gorgeous, powerful, and brilliant. On top of that, the combat is a blast. You are doing yourself a disservice if you do not purchase this game.
  73. Sep 17, 2013
    A game that is most definitely worth buying. The graphics are not perfect but it is beautifully detailed where it counts and the characters and story line are superb. And on top of that the DLC looks extremely good.
  74. May 11, 2013
    The things I loved most about this game were; it's atmosphere, it's plot and the weapons. The reason I'm giving this an 8 instead of a 10 is because, it was way to easy, even on hard mode and because the last mission was a pain in the butt.
  75. Apr 16, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the best games i ever played i played only half of the bioshock 2 and my saves somehow deletet so i was so flustrated that i never played it again so i dont have much experience from previous games but i loved this one.Best thing here is the story it is briliant and the ending lets you think about it for long time.Elizabeth is awsome her voiceacting and herBioshock Infinite is one of the best games i ever played i played only half of the bioshock 2 and my saves somehow deletet so i was so flustrated that i never played it again so i dont have much experience from previous games but i loved this one.Best thing here is the story it is briliant and the ending lets you think about it for long time.Elizabeth is awsome her voiceacting and her developing throught the game and her AI is smartest one i ever seen (throwing you items you need helping you in combat ,steping aside when aiming on her..etc.). Graphic are incredible lot like in Dishonored and Columbia is exsact opposite of the Rapture. Gameplay is so much fun for me its best one in FPS.
    Only thing that i dont like is that optionals quest could be better (interacting with people insted of searching for somthing) and Skyhoking and skyhook could be used much more in bigger world.
  76. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is easily one of the best shooters I’ve played in the last few years. Level design is superb, and Irrational Game’s attentiontion to detail cannot be overstated. I enjoyed the original Bioshock, but this game had a more profound effect on me because recent shooters rarely deviate from Activision’s billion-dollar-making COD formula. And when developers are bold enough toBioshock Infinite is easily one of the best shooters I’ve played in the last few years. Level design is superb, and Irrational Game’s attentiontion to detail cannot be overstated. I enjoyed the original Bioshock, but this game had a more profound effect on me because recent shooters rarely deviate from Activision’s billion-dollar-making COD formula. And when developers are bold enough to trend a separate path, they hurt their titles’ chances of survival. Not Bioshock Infinite. It is deliciously crafted for the many gamers who still crave titles with depth. I ran the game on Ultra settings connected to an LED television and performance was superb. I enabled frame lock and experienced smooth performance throughout the game. Some reviewers stated that textures are poor on closely viewed objects, but that’s nitpicking. When given the options between playing a game with smooth performance or beast graphics, I generally lean towards performance. What is surprising about this game is that players get healthy dosages of both. The game looks fantastic. The developers meticulously focused on the color palette and lighting to dictate the moods of whatever environments you’re exploring. The most successful aspect of Infinite is ambiance. You move from sunny skies to dark, dreary corridors. The music really fits the environments and enhances the empty, eerie feeling of certain areas. Some parts of the score feel reminiscent of the 2005 shooter FEAR, which adds to the creepiness. The story is good, but a bit ambitious. It’s one people with either love or hate—there is no middle ground. The writers take on the hefty issues of religion, theocracy, and racism (to name a few). But they throw these issues in gamers’ faces with such force that some people will be offended, and rightly so. While exploring the world of Columbia, what truths are we to take away? Unfortunately, some gamers won’t invest the time to sift thru these issues. When shifting between different realities, the world doesn’t change all that much. In fact, it pretty much stays the same. This lack of change really disconnects you from what’s really happening and dampens your urgency to respond. Given all the time the developers put into this game, the lazy transitioning seems inexplicable. The girl you rescue is an enigma with such immense power that it’s wholly preposterous at times. Is she gifted or an X-man? Although we get some closure, we can only speculate where her power originates. The story behind the main protagonist is less hazy, but certain plot aspects are just too convenient. The pre-release hype really touted the game’s combat and skylines. Although fun, the mechanics haven’t changed all that much from the first Bioshock. The combat is merely an evolution from previous titles, but still enjoyable. If it’s not broke, why fix it? Fortunately the skylines are only a gratuitous element for battle. My annoyance came from the inability to hold additional health and ammo. If there aren’t any nearby, you must wait for your sidekick to throw supplies. This can take minutes or a few seconds, and if you need both ammo and health, it’s a guess which one she’ll actually toss you. But all this means is you must be more careful, and you can quickly get away via the skylines as your shields recharge. On medium difficulty there are tons of items lying around, so just grab things yourself and let your sidekick hide in the corner. Enemies are repetitive. What’s worse are the sparse and quick battles. Very disappointing. You’ll spend most of your time foraging. Oddly, I found the exploration strangely addictive. The beautiful world really draws you in. But by the end of the game it gets repetitive and verges on tedium. NPC’s generally ignore you as you steal from their cash registers while holding loaded weapons. Mini games are gone, so no more hacking. They’re cliché, and honestly I don’t miss them. As the game progresses, you get a sense of loneliness—emptiness. Perhaps an upside from a relatively combat-less game. At times, the ambiance truly enhances this loneliness despite being in a floating city filled with thousands of citizens. The question remains: Why couldn’t the developers deliver BOTH action and exploration? I couldn’t help the feeling I’ve played Infinite before. That’s because artistically it’s akin to Dishonored. Perhaps too much so. Dishonored offers better combat and gives players more choices. Infinite is streamlined even if the story is grandiose, and the choices you make in Infinite don’t matter in the end. If you loved the city of Dunwall, you should love Columbia just the same. My final verdict: Bioshock Infinite is a must own. Buy it for PC if you have one that can push it. Replay value is moderate even if the game's combat disappoints. Overall, Bioshock Infinite is an unevenly paced game. But it's a beautifully polished and thoughtful enough game to make it worth the wait. Expand
  77. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very splendid game. Graphics are amazingly epic! Love the voice actors of the characters. Booker DeWitt is an interesting character. Really love the story line and also going on the skylines which is the funnest part of the game! THERE SHOULD BE A MOVIE OF THIS! Also i love the buying upgrades, guns, abilities, best first person. Expand
  78. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is my candidate for Game of the Year, with it's graphics, style of locations, audio track. Irrational Games gives us again one of the greatest jaw-dropping plot twist ever, the story after about 5-6 hours of gameplay starts to feel like we're back in Rapture of Bioshock 1 and 2, as it is getting more and more grim, serious. The last sections of the game I spend with my jaw reaching the floor, of pure awesomeness of the story. If you thought that Bioshock "Would you kindly?" twist was excellent, then your mind will be blown by Infinite's twist. Expand
  79. Aug 20, 2013
    Although I'm not a big fan of shooters, Bioshock Infinite is probably one of the most beautiful games I have ever played, topped by great voice acting and astounding story.
  80. Apr 2, 2013
    First off, in my opinion, this is not a great shooter. Just a mediocre one (although it never felt boring to me). This game is not to be viewed as a shooter. It's a story, and a great one. There are a couple of slight slip-ups in the story, but overall the story, art, atmosphere are no less than great. Would give it 9.5 points, but I can't, so 10.

P. S. To not to seem a fanatic of the

P. S. To not to seem a fanatic of the series: I totally didn't like the original Bioshock. The art was great, the story was slightly interesting, but the game overall was meh. Infinite feels like what the original Bisoshock should have been but never managed.
  81. Jun 11, 2013
    WOW what an amazing game bioshock infinite has the best story i've ever seen so far it so amazing that it is even better than the first bioshock game twist and story the graphics are amazing in this game the gameplay is also amazing Elizabith is the best female character you'll ever see in a game i loved her but the game gets a bit repetitive at the end so they could've made it aWOW what an amazing game bioshock infinite has the best story i've ever seen so far it so amazing that it is even better than the first bioshock game twist and story the graphics are amazing in this game the gameplay is also amazing Elizabith is the best female character you'll ever see in a game i loved her but the game gets a bit repetitive at the end so they could've made it a bit shorter still one of the greatest games of all time and you should with no doubt play it Expand
  82. Apr 15, 2013
    Beautiful story, terrific gameplay. Exceeds expectations by far than what I would have expected from a bioshock sequel. Don't think I'll see anything this good for a while.
  83. Apr 1, 2013
    First of all, I wanted to give the game 9.5 /10. I couldn´t decide, but the I saw the average score was 9.0, so I though I´ll boost it a little bit up.
    Yes, the game is not flawless. Gameplay for example is mostly (when playing against "weak" opponents) shooting with a mixture between regenerating and normal health (shield regenerates). That being said, that wasn´t a great difference between "easy" and "hard" against most opponents. Just the boss fights were actually very hard (includes the ending). And I think this is the biggest "problem" of this game. There could be more than just shooting and following a path. Why not some easy puzzles? But enough complaining about the game. The characters are well done, especially Elizabeth. You can see her emotions by looking at her face, and I noticed only one short script that was off: She said "thank you" and was looking at me like she was going to murder me. During fights, she´s actually pretty useful and a lovely character. Also, the story itself is genius. You might be suspecting some parts of the story, but you´ll never know exactly what happened unless you play it. One of the best stories in an FPS so far.
  84. Mar 30, 2013
    Bioshock 2 is on my list of top 3 best games i ever played, so i had high hopes for Infinite and when it's finally arrives i am (almost) not disappointed.I agree with most of the positive reviews this game is amazing.The only thing i dislike about new Bishock is that it's too bright and i didn't felt any danger.I liked previous games a bit more,but Infinite is still a very very goodBioshock 2 is on my list of top 3 best games i ever played, so i had high hopes for Infinite and when it's finally arrives i am (almost) not disappointed.I agree with most of the positive reviews this game is amazing.The only thing i dislike about new Bishock is that it's too bright and i didn't felt any danger.I liked previous games a bit more,but Infinite is still a very very good game.Worth the hype and worth the money. Expand
  85. Mar 17, 2014
    The game was fun and all, but I don't get why people are so "touched" by it. I get that it's a triple AAA game but seriously, why? Anyway, the hook is pretty cool. Helped me a lot during the last boss battle. The graphics are nice and you get to have a pretty companion who helps you pick up items when you need them. I can't really remember the rest snce it's been a few months since I'veThe game was fun and all, but I don't get why people are so "touched" by it. I get that it's a triple AAA game but seriously, why? Anyway, the hook is pretty cool. Helped me a lot during the last boss battle. The graphics are nice and you get to have a pretty companion who helps you pick up items when you need them. I can't really remember the rest snce it's been a few months since I've finished the game but I did like it. Expand
  86. Mar 28, 2013
    Fantastic game that redefines the genre. The graphics are not on par with the new Tomb Raider or Crysis 3 but the art direction is sublime. Gameplay is simply fun. It takes a while to get used to the commands but it's very rewarding in the end switching plasmides/weapons and choosing the best tactic in every situation.
    Great story.
  87. Mar 28, 2013
    Wow!!! I am so blown away by this game! I absolutely loved Bioshock, rapture was an amazing environment for gamers to explore and the era it was set in just made it an unforgettable experience. I bought Bioshock 2 on release day, played it for an hour and then it sat gathering dust for a few years i cant explain why, but it was the same as Bioshock in so many ways, yet different or maybeWow!!! I am so blown away by this game! I absolutely loved Bioshock, rapture was an amazing environment for gamers to explore and the era it was set in just made it an unforgettable experience. I bought Bioshock 2 on release day, played it for an hour and then it sat gathering dust for a few years i cant explain why, but it was the same as Bioshock in so many ways, yet different or maybe too similar. When I eventually got round to playing it i did enjoy it but not as much as the first game. With Bioshock 2 in mind, i wasnt really excited for Infinite, it wasnt rapture, the environment didnt look eerie and gone where the flooded hallways and ghostly empty apartments, no big daddies etc. All replaced with blue skies and colour! Only when reading the reviews did my interest in this game spike, so i went out and bought it on release day. Firstly its beautiful, thats the first thing you'll notice, Columbia is in every way just as amazing as Rapture, its what Rapture probably looked like before it fell into ruin. You will find yourself wondering around and taking in the sites, listening in to conversations and playing with the many interactive objects in the environment. The game is set in 1912 and the game really does make you feel like you've been sent back in time, theyve captured the era well, from the views and opinions of the middle class white people on the street to the black man mopping up in the toilets, youll stop and listen to radio broadcasts and the music really helps to set the scene just right and helps to immerse yourself in the game even more. The story so far is pretty good, Elizabeth is great character and her sweet personality and innocence has you feeling sorry for her, I havent personally been in combat with her yet but apparently she can take care of herself (so the game has told me). The game plays much like the previous Bioshocks where combat is concerned but getting around Columbia via skyline is an awesome addition to the game, its like being on a roller-coaster but at the end you get to execute someone with a pretty brutal skyline hook execution. Overall I suppose the best compliment i can pay this game is believe in the hype, i didnt until a week ago and now I cant get enough of Bioshock Infinite. The only minor thing i can point out and it is minor is that when you get up close to some posters objects they get quite blocky and lose their smoothness, maybe thats more to do with the Xbox though. Bottom line if you liked the original Bioshock, you need Bioshock Infinite in your life, if you've never played a Bioshock game before, Bioshock Infinite is an amazing place to start. Expand
  88. Mar 27, 2013
    The game is brilliant in alot of ways, it has elements that are the best you have ever played.
    you can really see why it got delayed 3 times, this game was made with love, the creators wanted it to be perfect and I clap for the studios for letting them.
    The good: -Stunning visuals in a game that makes you feel like you're a part of it. -The story is the best that I have ever seen in

The good:
    -Stunning visuals in a game that makes you feel like you're a part of it.
    -The story is the best that I have ever seen in a video game.
    -Creative combat.

The bad:
    The combat already feels repetitve when you are in the last stages.
    Some indoor enviroments are ugly.

While the game has flaws I still give it a 9.8/10 for the visuals and the story which are the best I have ever seen in a video game.
  89. Mar 28, 2013
    There are very few games that I place upon a pedestal as some of the greatest games I've ever had the pleasure to experience. Portal 2, Telltale's Walking Dead, the original Bioshock and Mass Effect 2 are a few. Bioshock: Infinite is now on this pedestal. The story is simply a masterpiece, the visuals are gorgeous and the voice acting nothing short of astounding. My complaints are few andThere are very few games that I place upon a pedestal as some of the greatest games I've ever had the pleasure to experience. Portal 2, Telltale's Walking Dead, the original Bioshock and Mass Effect 2 are a few. Bioshock: Infinite is now on this pedestal. The story is simply a masterpiece, the visuals are gorgeous and the voice acting nothing short of astounding. My complaints are few and don't affect my rating in any way simply because the story makes up for any sins of the game. To get those two sins out of the way, both are console only problems. The first is that textures tend to be a lower resolution due to hardware limitations and the second is the dial required to swap vigors (previously known as plasmids). While the dial is an eloquent solution to the physical limitations of the console controller, a better hot key system could have been devised as the game pauses while you're searching for your vigor. This does pull you out of the action, but it's faster than most other ideas would have been. Neither of these are problems if you're playing on PC as you can hot key your vigors and the extra power of the hardware should let you run it on Ultra High graphics, removing any rough textures. With those gripes out of the way, let's move on. The story is simply the best that I've encountered in a game to date, and should have people talking about it for months to come, the theoretical implications and the possibilities of the DLC. Personally, I can't wait for the DLC and I've already bought the season pass because of it. The world Irrational has created will make you want to explore and discover like no other game. I spent so much time simply taking in the world, listening to people and finding voxophones that it probably added an extra 5 hours of game time. The actual game will probably run around 8 or 9 hours on normal difficulty if you don't spend a lot of time exploring. If you play on hard or 1999 mode, then it should add either 3 extra hours for hard or 6 or 7 for 1999 mode. Regardless of how you play, Infinite isn't a game you can afford to miss and if you can only buy 1 game for the next 6 months then make it Bioshock: Infinite. Expand
  90. Jun 29, 2013
    One of the more incredible games i've ever played with quantum mechanics, religion, & americana themes intertwining into a mind-bending game... good on all kinds of levels.
  91. Mar 27, 2013
    Perhaps one of the greatest games I have played.
    The first was a marker stone in gaming history and this topped that marker.

Each piece is a well written, well executed mesmerizing moment in time. I have yet to find something wrong or out of place in this game.

92. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What to say other than EPIC 1 of the best FPS I have ever played... AND has the best AI companion ever in terms of STORY its just AWESOME with EXCELLENT BUT CONFUSING PLOT TWISTS.This game will never be forgotten that easily Just love the concept of multiverse !now thinking that irrational studio is CHRIS NOLAN of gaming! Expand
  93. Apr 12, 2013
    Using BioShock Infinite as the example schoolanduniversity.com, Games Radar uncovers eight lessons all other sequels should learn in order to avoid the sequel blahs.
  94. Mar 27, 2013
    Simply one of the best games out there. A mesmerizing experience that everyone should live. It is even better than Bioshock The best Horror FPS i've played (even better than F.E.A.R. itself). I pity those who gave the game a negative score. They probably haven't played enough games upon today to understand that this is not just a game. It is art. At its finest.
  95. Mar 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite has lived up to its legendary predecessor in almost every way. With some of the most breathe taking environments and the characters with personalities of more than your average protagonist Infinite is much more engaging than your average FPS game with a story that rival that of ANY game I have played to date (assuming of course you are diligent enough and patient enoughBioshock Infinite has lived up to its legendary predecessor in almost every way. With some of the most breathe taking environments and the characters with personalities of more than your average protagonist Infinite is much more engaging than your average FPS game with a story that rival that of ANY game I have played to date (assuming of course you are diligent enough and patient enough to put the MANY at times confusing pieces into some rational order. Graphics
    I am in NO way an artist but I feel I must take a moment to mention how beautiful this game is… I have been playing on Max settings and between the lighting effects that must have taken years to get perfect and the original level design I challenge anyone to call this game ugly with a straight face.

Story

The story itself is truly something to experience for yourself and it seems that you get out of it what you are willing to put in. Infinite IS NOT the kind of story fans of Halo and Call of Duty fans are use too. With Many layers of complexity and playing with difficult to comprehend subjects like String Theory and Quantum Mechanics player who are only use to using their minds for the most basic of reaction based skills will no doubt struggle to understand the plot to its fullest. But to those of you who are willing to try to understand what it is you’re actually seeing Infinite has some of the most jaw dropping mind blowing moments I have ever had the privilege to enjoy. I find it hard to communicate the significance and magnitude of this games story without using spoilers… so let me simply say that it is truly a triumphant of FPS games and the games industry in general

Combat

Combat plays out much as it did in the first Bioshock were for the most part, you slaughter all those who stand in your way until reaching an slight larger, more powerful enemy were something that MIGHT just start to resemble tactics MIGHT be needed to successfully eliminate the threat. Even on 1999 mode I found that if I stuck with the sniper rifle and my trusty Hand Cannon I rarely had any need for “Plasmids” (Don’t even say it…. They are PLASMIDS! or anything else for that matter. This in no way removes that absolute joy of setting your flesh crazed Murder of Crows on fire with Devils Kiss while you watch your helpless pray get burned AND eaten alive, or sending your targets floating out of cover with Bucking Bronco before sending them falling to their deaths with a well-placed Rocket. Or my personal favorite, forcing some poor helpless grunt to draw the fire of his allies with Possession while you pick them off one by one at range with a sniper. Though combat may feel a bit tedious at times due to the rather low difficulty there is fun to be had by simply trying to get the best kill in the most creative way.

Conclusion

During my 2 playthroughs, I have been more deeply entangled with the world of Colombia then almost any game I have yet to play, so much so that I had to set timers to remind me to do things like eat…. Or shower, or give the cat his pills…. Personally I would recommend playing on Hard or 1999 game modes due to the rather easy combat and disable the sprint button if you really want to get the most of this Fantastic Game of the Year winning title. When my biggest complaint is the Checkpoint saving system you know we have ourselves a good game….
  96. Mar 27, 2013
    Loved the combat and thought it was perfect for a bioshock game and much more evolved than in the previous renditions. The music was sparse as usual but the score was great and matched the environment well. The environment was designed beautifully and levels were made in such a way I only got ahead of myself and had to backtrack once. The story is where I'd have to ding it. It's great andLoved the combat and thought it was perfect for a bioshock game and much more evolved than in the previous renditions. The music was sparse as usual but the score was great and matched the environment well. The environment was designed beautifully and levels were made in such a way I only got ahead of myself and had to backtrack once. The story is where I'd have to ding it. It's great and comes together well,l but it didn't feel very bioshocky to me with less philosophical debating and more standing back and contemplating. The only major step back for the game was lack of more than a few morality options. Other than that, great game that I expect to be a GOTY contender. Expand
  97. Mar 27, 2013
    Breathtaking jaw dropping masterpiece. I don't have anything bad to say about this game. Anything good I could say about this game wouldn't do it justice, you just have to play it and get lost in Columbia like I did. Have fun and please stay away from any spoilers if your on the fence about getting this game it will take away so much.
  98. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This does contain spoilers folks. I got the game at it's midnight release, and the ONLY REASON it has a 9 in place of the 10 was the campaign took all of about 10-11 hours (that was with me milling through everything) and once you're done, you're done. (Unless you're up for the more difficult 1999 mode) So let's get into the game, from the moment you land in the church, the music was (In my opinion) mastered to the place. You get that feeling of a child when he's first taken to an amusement park, my eyes were lit up when you step out of the church doors and that wonderful view of Colombia in the skyline. Going through the game, shooting was great, considering this IS NOT A FULL BLOWN SHOOTER, you cannot expect it to be like one and still have all the other mechanics. My favorite thing? The connection with Elizabeth, (I was personally hoping they'd fall in love, BAD IDEA considering the end) but the connection they have established was phenomenal, definitely one that is seldom experienced. When you go to rescue her a second time, you only want to inflict as much pain as possible once you see the first chair and hear her screaming, the blood on the floor and all the tools to leave to your imagination what was happening to her, and when you do save her, and you pull that giant needle out of her spine, I personally was tearing up a bit. Overall, easily the best game I've ever played. Story has great twists, and I have concluded that hell hath no fury like an un-siphoned Elizabeth. Semper Fidelis everyone! Expand
  99. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is a perfection in just about every department. The story inspires a variety of emotions, it is complex and controversial but avoids many mistakes that others before have done in this genre. The graphics and artwork create an amazing atmosphere to make you feel like a part of the world and the changes in the story are perfectly reflected in the environment. The gameplay isThis game is a perfection in just about every department. The story inspires a variety of emotions, it is complex and controversial but avoids many mistakes that others before have done in this genre. The graphics and artwork create an amazing atmosphere to make you feel like a part of the world and the changes in the story are perfectly reflected in the environment. The gameplay is nothing special, but it is functional and very balanced. All powers and weapons have their strengths and weaknesses, making you actually have to plan what to use rather than zerg everything. All around this is one of the best games of all time and will probably remain at the top for a long time. Expand
  100. Mar 27, 2013
    If you are going to do a single player game, it becomes about the story and the experience. While it dragged in the middle a little, over all this game has a fantastic narrative. Normally I like to take my time with games and explore all the corners. This game had me skipping over corners in a rush follow the story, but when you did stop to look the whole world is flushed out completely.If you are going to do a single player game, it becomes about the story and the experience. While it dragged in the middle a little, over all this game has a fantastic narrative. Normally I like to take my time with games and explore all the corners. This game had me skipping over corners in a rush follow the story, but when you did stop to look the whole world is flushed out completely. If the combat and the mechanics were crap (which they are not) the story would still command a 9 out of 10. Lately with some games it seems like you have to make allowances for play styles or over the top graphics, and while they are fun in their own way they don't reward the player. Playing this game is a reward, it is fun and exciting and interesting. Irrational Games has done something wonderful here. If you like good stories, and enjoy single player experiences, then you owe it to yourself to play this Bioshock. Part of me is sad because now the bar is set really high for the next game, but I can't wait to see what they manage to do. Expand

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]