8.5

1. Apr 4, 2013
    This game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCOREThis game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCORE shooter fan that only enjoys photorealistic graphics and games that are similar to call of duty then this may not be for you. It isnt the most serious shooter in the world. But if you play things other than call of duty then get this! you wont be dissapointed. Looks amazing on a good gaming pc! Easily one of the best games of 2013! Expand
  2. May 3, 2013
    In my 29 years of gaming I have never felt more engaged by a story and a setting. This game has changed my expectations permanently. I have never been so immersed in a gaming experience.
  3. Mar 26, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos
  4. May 16, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite takes everything we know about linear gameplay and does it all right. With an unrivalled plot, the likes of which overwhelm all but the 'A-est' of the A-list Hollywood movies, The most compelling efforts of the writers is to convey the underlying themes that don't become apparent until late on in the story and with a beautifully devious twist of an ending, it certainlyBioshock Infinite takes everything we know about linear gameplay and does it all right. With an unrivalled plot, the likes of which overwhelm all but the 'A-est' of the A-list Hollywood movies, The most compelling efforts of the writers is to convey the underlying themes that don't become apparent until late on in the story and with a beautifully devious twist of an ending, it certainly leaves the player wanting to get on the wiki site ti learn more. Bioshock Infinite is certainly one to be remembered, and with the nourishing level of detail, forgetting the beauty (and ensuing chaos) of Columbia will prove difficult for any gamer. With the physics engines and graphics cards of 2013, Infinite leaves us thinking "Damn, if only Rapture had looked this good."

If anything could be said against the game, it would be Irrational's lack of effort towards creating a fully function AI society. Whilst the player is indeed submerged in a city with non-aggressive AI to bolster the feeling that you are in a real human settlement and not just a war zone, Irrational struggles to do this improvement over the game's predecessors any real justice with the lack of interaction between the AI and the player itself. One finds themself questioning the difference between taking stuff from a chest of drawers and taking stuff from a chest of drawers with the word 'steal' at the bottom of the screen, demonstrating the scripted incidents carried out by the competely robotic artificial intelligence.
  5. Mar 30, 2013
    An extremely captivating gaming experience. The gameplay is good, the story is wonderfully told and the world is worth the purchase alone. In a market saturated by "HOORA AMERICA"shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Homefront, Medal of Honor), it's refreshing to see a game tear American Exceptionalism apart. While the gameplay is pretty solid, the real stars are the story and the world.An extremely captivating gaming experience. The gameplay is good, the story is wonderfully told and the world is worth the purchase alone. In a market saturated by "HOORA AMERICA"shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Homefront, Medal of Honor), it's refreshing to see a game tear American Exceptionalism apart. While the gameplay is pretty solid, the real stars are the story and the world. The developers took a lot of big risks in this game, with a lot of decisions that could have easily backfired and ruined the whole experience. The fact that everything works so well together is remarkable in its own right. I think calling it "The greatest game of all time" like some other reviewers are is kind of a stretch, but certainly I don't think anything else coming out this year will even approach the quality of Bioshock Infinite. If you liked the first Bioshock, you probably already have this game, but if you don't you owe it to yourself to get this. If you felt that the gameplay was dull in the original Bioshock or that that lack of subtlety in dealing with broader philosophical and political concepts was problematic, you're going to find the same issues here. However, I absolutely loved the experience. Expand
  6. Apr 10, 2013
    I have been a gamer for 20 years. This is my first review. Nothing is perfect. If everything was a 10 there would be no need for new games at all... I’m giving this a 10 because there are some reviewers giving it less than 9.5 and I need to make up for that. Likely they’re blinded by their own genre and gameplay tastes, which Bioshock Infinite may not perfectly align with. Look pastI have been a gamer for 20 years. This is my first review. Nothing is perfect. If everything was a 10 there would be no need for new games at all... I’m giving this a 10 because there are some reviewers giving it less than 9.5 and I need to make up for that. Likely they’re blinded by their own genre and gameplay tastes, which Bioshock Infinite may not perfectly align with. Look past that and see a work of stunning beauty.

It is a compelling, wildly creative story that draws you in from its first moments. Anyone who says they saw the end coming is lying to themselves. They might have wondered but they didn’t KNOW.

Play the game and enjoy everything that games can be
  7. Apr 26, 2013
    There should really be a rule about people not being allowed to write a review for something if they HAVEN'T PLAYED THE DAMN GAME. Seriously, some of the stuff in these comments is ridiculous. The setting is "unimaginative"? What? How can you complain about a steampunk, floating city being "unimaginative" when there are games like Call of Duty and Battlefield getting farted out that use aThere should really be a rule about people not being allowed to write a review for something if they HAVEN'T PLAYED THE DAMN GAME. Seriously, some of the stuff in these comments is ridiculous. The setting is "unimaginative"? What? How can you complain about a steampunk, floating city being "unimaginative" when there are games like Call of Duty and Battlefield getting farted out that use a brown, dust filled desert-industrial environment which seems to be a sort of basic formula for games nowadays. Anyway, the setting IS imaginative, and the story IS good, anybody who is saying the story "made no sense" probably just didn't understand it because they have the IQ of a coconut. The story made sense perfectly fine to me, and to 98% of the other people who played the game, as well. That said, if you don't like exploring, and just prefer to shoot people, don't buy this game and then complain that it was too well paced and you didn't spend 100% of your time killing other humans, because there is a big emphasis on exploration in this game, gear, money, and voxophones, which flesh out the story really nicely are all found by exploration. Also you get to see more of the city and experience the graphics design, because it is spectacular. Basically, it has everything good that the first Bioshock had, fast paced and exciting combat, amazing, albeit very different, atmosphere, an emphasis on exploration and a great story, without the redundant binary moral choice system. Also Elizabeth is a really nice addition to the game, one of the best support characters since Alyx.

Basically, if you haven't played it, and are here to write a bad review because you watched TotalBiscuit's WTF is? video, then go away. If you DID play it, and didn't enjoy it, fair enough, but don't criticise something simply because of its genre. Yes, it didn't have any puzzles or stealth. Do you know why? Because it's an FPS, you moron. Anyway, if you enjoyed the original, you'll love this, it's definitely a Bioshock game, I'd say it was even better than the 1st. The worst thing about it was the soundtrack, and that's just because I can't remember anything about it, and I finished the game yesterday. Great combat, great story, great atmosphere, great pacing, great graphics, it did everything well. I'm giving it a 9 because of a few things I didn't like. The vigors are a bit unoriginal, except for the Bucking Bronco and Murder of Crows, and even that is basically just a repackaged Insect Swarm from B1. I preferred the gun upgrade system in B1, and the upgrades for that were much more original than the ones in this, which pretty much consist of "damage increase", "clip size increase", "recoil decrease", and "accuracy increase". It's a fantastic game, but there ARE a few things that stop it from being a 10. I would give it 9.5 if I could, but there is no 9.5, so it gets a 9. I loved it, and will definitely buy the DLC planned.
  8. Mar 27, 2013
    An absolutely beautiful game. The graphics are stunning, and the overall mood of the game is fantastic. Also the music changes dynamicly if your in battle, and it makes the battles very intense. The levels are full of secrets, locked doors and collectibles. The world is very beautiful. I often find myself just exploring the world outside of where I'm supposed to go, because it's soAn absolutely beautiful game. The graphics are stunning, and the overall mood of the game is fantastic. Also the music changes dynamicly if your in battle, and it makes the battles very intense. The levels are full of secrets, locked doors and collectibles. The world is very beautiful. I often find myself just exploring the world outside of where I'm supposed to go, because it's so beautiful. It also helps that I always find secrets when exploring. Fantastic game! Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    I liked the original Bioshock games but wasn't a huge huge fan of them like some people. I wasn't super hyped for this game (no unrealistic explanations of "OMG GUYS, this is going to be the best game ever!!") but I was definitely excited. Just finished this morning after staying up all night and wow. Wow, was it worth it.

Very unique gameplay. Incredible sound design (there is

Very unique gameplay. Incredible sound design (there is something that just draws you in about the sound: all of it is very realistic and well done), great setting, great characters, great story. One of the first games that I've felt was actually worth its initial box price in a long, long time.
  10. Mar 26, 2013
    Awesome game! Cool graphic design and perfect soundtrack. Love it very much. Action is very dynamic and the story is interesting so far. A graphics itself feels kinda old, but light effects are awesome, so i don't have any complaints. It's a little bit laggy on ultra 1080p on my GTX 560, but i hope they'll fix it later.
  11. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. You can tell that there was an enormous amount of thought put into every detail, down to the very last corner. Bioshock Infinite is my favorite game to date, no question about it.

To start, the art direction is very good. Everything is arranged to be very appealing, and the colors are very balanced. I loved just walking around the city and soaking it all up. There are 1912 style shops to go into, and they are all populated. In one area, there is even a good, three-minute quartet that you can just sit and listen to. I was very impressed with the magnitude of everything. Seldom are you placed in a small, dark room or hallway. Most of the game is set in colorful areas with large statues and airy buildings.

I liked that it didn't actually put you in the dark, but gave a dark feeling when it was appropriate. As per the Bioshock games, some of the events are quite dark-- and I liked the uneasy feeling without the dark corridors of Rapture.

Combat is a step up from other games in the genre. The introduction of "skylines" allows you to jump quickly from place to place, making everything very fast paced. I didn't quite like the inventory management as much as in the original Bioshock, however. I found it much harder to deal with my Vigors, mainly because you couldn't just scroll through them like in the other game. Still, you get used to it-- that's a fairly minor gripe.

I can't really say much about the story. If I told you what was so great about it, I'd spoil it for you. I can say that it puzzled me, and it was a few hours after finishing the game that I worked everything out. I felt like some of the points were repeated too much though. I get that they try to help everyone understand it well, but I'd rather just have it all thrown at me-- that way it's more fun to work out on my own.

Overall, Irrational Games has gone above and beyond what anyone expected. The only way you'd find this game worse than the original is if you're somewhat nostalgic. Even if you didn't like the first or second game, I really suggest that you still give Bioshock Infinite a try. As a side note, there are a few things that you won't quite understand if you skip the first game. They are little details, but in a game like Bioshock Infinite, it's those little details that really count.

This game is worth every cent. If you can't afford it, you can get it off the grey market for an earbud or so (about $35).
  12. Mar 27, 2013
    I don't know how else to put it. But this is probably one of the best games I have ever played. I didn't really know what to expect, with how games that come out now are unfinished to the point where it isn't even playable (See: SimCity). But man I was blown away by this. The story is incredible, and the atmosphere is so immersive. I can't explain it better than the other reviewers alreadyI don't know how else to put it. But this is probably one of the best games I have ever played. I didn't really know what to expect, with how games that come out now are unfinished to the point where it isn't even playable (See: SimCity). But man I was blown away by this. The story is incredible, and the atmosphere is so immersive. I can't explain it better than the other reviewers already have. Every positive review about this game is true. Expand
  13. Mar 27, 2013
    Just finished the game and I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. A Masterpiece? The fire Prometheus gave to Man? Just truly amazing. If you have any interest in any quality story-telling and amazing art direction, you are obligated to experience this game for yourself. If you want a more elaborate review, look up Adam Sessler's from Rev3Games on YouTube. He says it all perfectly. ThisJust finished the game and I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. A Masterpiece? The fire Prometheus gave to Man? Just truly amazing. If you have any interest in any quality story-telling and amazing art direction, you are obligated to experience this game for yourself. If you want a more elaborate review, look up Adam Sessler's from Rev3Games on YouTube. He says it all perfectly. This game easily gets an 11/10 Expand
  14. Mar 27, 2013
    Best game for last 5 years. Good Music, good and beauty graphics, perfect gameplay and amazing story with best ending i've seen ever! 10/10. And i think, I found my love. Elizabeth
  15. Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutely stunning piece of artwork, it shows that single player games are in fact alive and well. Irrational has yet to make a bad game in my opinion.
  16. Mar 26, 2013
    If you hated everything about the original BioShock, don't bother with this game, it's very similar in many ways. However, once you get that out of the way, it's a much better version of it than the previous two. For example, while combat is still the same setup (replace plasmid with vigor) and enemies still can feel a little bullet-spongy (I recommend turning off health meters in theIf you hated everything about the original BioShock, don't bother with this game, it's very similar in many ways. However, once you get that out of the way, it's a much better version of it than the previous two. For example, while combat is still the same setup (replace plasmid with vigor) and enemies still can feel a little bullet-spongy (I recommend turning off health meters in the options menu, as well as most other HUD notifications), most encounters take place in these big open areas that are also densely packed with cool tactical options. The result is some thrilling and crazy combat moments that in most games would be heavily scripted. No more "electrocute-wrench" through the whole game. Graphically, you can sometimes see some flat textures up close reminding you that this is a game that has been worked on for 6 years, but on the whole it is quite gorgeous. Nice to play an FPS that doesn't look like a brown and grey modern military shooter or a future space war that might as well be a military shooter for how it looks.

On that note, this game has the best storytelling since Half-Life 2. No sitting through pre-rendered cutscenes full of people spewing exposition at you. Just exploring the environment explains what's going on in the world and hints at some weird stuff behind the surface. This game also deals with racism and religious fundamentalism in a far less heavy handed manner than you would expect. Nice to play a game that doesn't treat you like a moron who can't follow a simple story.

So in summary: Yes, if you go into this game expecting it to be the industry-changing miracle some people are making it out to be, you will be let down. But if you go in expecting an FPS that is far more immersive, original and entertaining than 95% of what you've played in the last few years, you'll get it. Hell, it's basically a 10-hour escort mission with a character you still care about by the end and never get annoyed with. That alone deserves some kudos.
  17. Mar 26, 2013
    While this game is short, I feel that if it was longer it would have detracted from the experience. If you do not play this game, then at least watch a friend play it. This is an amazing game beyond what I expected from any game in 2013. The only problem I see is that games now have to live up to this standard.
  18. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. You have to love a game that is built not to please everyone, or to appeal to the biggest demographic of the lowest common denominator. Bioware Infinite is about a development team trying to realise their creative vision. This is a very fun shooter, but by no means is it the kind of shooter that is going to inspire thousands of hours of shooting.
  19. Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutly outstanding game, this is a new benchmark for game developers to strive for... have no hesitation if you are considering wether or not to buy this game... this is pure art expressed masterfully
  20. Mar 26, 2013
    Simply AMAZING. I can't get enough of this game. It's perfection. Or near perfection at least. It's so beautiful, clever and fun. Stunning job from the guys over at Irrational. Good job!
  21. Mar 31, 2013
    I almost never play games twice. However, upon finishing Bioshock Infinite, I rebooted and started again straight away. The characters, setting and plot are fantastic. The combat is interesting and tight, though I agree with others who suggest there might have been a bit too much of it. The sound track is outstanding I want to buy it.

I know I'm gushing, but I think this is my

I know I'm gushing, but I think this is my favourite game ever. It's plot and characters are as good as, or better, than any film or book I've seen or read. To an extent, I feel like this is a new level of story-telling in gaming.
  22. Mar 26, 2013
    Every once in a while a game comes out that blows your socks off. This game goes above in beyond in all areas. Superior story telling, combat, atmosphere, music. You feel immersed in the world and unable to quit playing. The details in the areas show the care given by the development team. This game was not rushed and will serve as proof to what games can accomplish. This game accomplishesEvery once in a while a game comes out that blows your socks off. This game goes above in beyond in all areas. Superior story telling, combat, atmosphere, music. You feel immersed in the world and unable to quit playing. The details in the areas show the care given by the development team. This game was not rushed and will serve as proof to what games can accomplish. This game accomplishes what Half-Life did for its time period. I think Ken Levine said it best when referred to games as a better medium than movies and books because you pilot them. You get to participate and experience them. This is nothing short of a masterpiece and should be purchased by everyone. Expand
  23. Mar 26, 2013
    I got this, along with Bioshock (previously owned, never completed), Bioshock 2 and apparently a code for xcom enemy unknow aswell, for 45$, needless to say I have gotten more than full value for the money here. Having been sucked into Infinite's universe (having been mesmerized for up to 7 hours), I can say that I will finally finish 1 and start playing number 2 aswell, as soon as I haveI got this, along with Bioshock (previously owned, never completed), Bioshock 2 and apparently a code for xcom enemy unknow aswell, for 45$, needless to say I have gotten more than full value for the money here. Having been sucked into Infinite's universe (having been mesmerized for up to 7 hours), I can say that I will finally finish 1 and start playing number 2 aswell, as soon as I have played infinite, once or twice, or thrice. This game is so good it beggars belief, just get it. The only thing I can point fingers at is the texture work, it could use a loving hand to be honest. Other than that, the atmosphere, the sound score, the gun play, the vigor play, the connection gameplay wise with Elizabeth, the story, the aesthetics and graphics (other than texture work) are all top of the line.

Until now I thought Tomb Raider would run with the game of the year title, it is a contender, but I have a slight feeling that this will run with it. It is definitely the better game in my book, although it is most definitely worth it to own both! And you should, own both.
  24. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a perfection in just about every department. The story inspires a variety of emotions, it is complex and controversial but avoids many mistakes that others before have done in this genre. The graphics and artwork create an amazing atmosphere to make you feel like a part of the world and the changes in the story are perfectly reflected in the environment. The gameplay isThis game is a perfection in just about every department. The story inspires a variety of emotions, it is complex and controversial but avoids many mistakes that others before have done in this genre. The graphics and artwork create an amazing atmosphere to make you feel like a part of the world and the changes in the story are perfectly reflected in the environment. The gameplay is nothing special, but it is functional and very balanced. All powers and weapons have their strengths and weaknesses, making you actually have to plan what to use rather than zerg everything. All around this is one of the best games of all time and will probably remain at the top for a long time. Expand
  25. Mar 26, 2013
    Must say I was losing hope with all the crap being bought out recently. BioShock Infinite is a great game. Very few titles are bought out at this standard. It is a must buy, not matter what these trolls rate it. For all the dimwits giving a 0-3, you have no idea. For the guy crying about graphics. Maybe you should go into option and learn how to set it up. Not only that maybe get a upgradeMust say I was losing hope with all the crap being bought out recently. BioShock Infinite is a great game. Very few titles are bought out at this standard. It is a must buy, not matter what these trolls rate it. For all the dimwits giving a 0-3, you have no idea. For the guy crying about graphics. Maybe you should go into option and learn how to set it up. Not only that maybe get a upgrade for that lawnmower you call a computer. Expand
  26. Mar 27, 2013
    Everything beautiful, needs no words even. Just wanted to make 10/10, really titan work made. Its the game of year and century and even more. Best of the best.
  27. Mar 27, 2013
    You are absolutely absurd. You down rate the game for such reasons as you don't like the thematic, it's not realistic enough, or just to be a troll. Do you realize how many years ago this game started to be advertised, and yet here you are having bought it, IF you don't like these kinds of games why do you buy them in the first place. Take for example, I don't like Guild Wars 2, I don'tYou are absolutely absurd. You down rate the game for such reasons as you don't like the thematic, it's not realistic enough, or just to be a troll. Do you realize how many years ago this game started to be advertised, and yet here you are having bought it, IF you don't like these kinds of games why do you buy them in the first place. Take for example, I don't like Guild Wars 2, I don't play it, but most people say it's an excellent game...why am I going to go troll about it and give the game a bad rating since I already know beforehand I am not going to like it? Moreover, if you want a game that's tailored to your every need and desire, why don't you go make your own game? exactly! You don't have to sit here and be a troll and ruin it for others who would have probably liked the game. They weren't making the game only for you, like your very own personalized version or something like that. You do not gain anything by trolling, if a person want to buy the game they will do it regardless of what you post here, because it is their choice that they can make, and no matter what some troll on the internet says is going to stop them ok. By have a nice day. Expand
  28. Mar 26, 2013
    This is more than just a great game, it is a great work of art. The game is executed in a way that only can be done through video games. If this were a movie it wouldn't work. This is the game that may bring respect to videogames as an art form.
  29. Mar 26, 2013
    If it was possible to give a game an 11/10 then this would be it. Unlike Bioshock 2 this game is extremely original. It's also made by the same team who made the original Bioshock (aka highest rated FPS of all time). The game is polished, emotional, engaging and just breath taking. Just walking around the environments feels nice. Not only is this game of the year material, but it's alsoIf it was possible to give a game an 11/10 then this would be it. Unlike Bioshock 2 this game is extremely original. It's also made by the same team who made the original Bioshock (aka highest rated FPS of all time). The game is polished, emotional, engaging and just breath taking. Just walking around the environments feels nice. Not only is this game of the year material, but it's also literally the best video game I've played in the past 5 years. Expand
  30. Mar 26, 2013
    Long and short of this: This is my game of the year already. The game is a ton of fun and extremely beautiful with such rich and detailed areas. The voice-acting is just top-notch and the story itself, well, it takes you in little by little and lets you experiences the story as a outsider and really draws you in. My gun-play with the new power system is old enough to be nostalgic but justLong and short of this: This is my game of the year already. The game is a ton of fun and extremely beautiful with such rich and detailed areas. The voice-acting is just top-notch and the story itself, well, it takes you in little by little and lets you experiences the story as a outsider and really draws you in. My gun-play with the new power system is old enough to be nostalgic but just fresh enough to be a fun experiences. If you are new to Bioshock and enjoy story and shooters, A MUST PICK UP.

If you are familiar with Bioshock, YOU WILL ENJOY THIS.

The middle is a bit padded but this game is easily one of the best games I have every played. It is up with my favorites and thats a hard bar to reach. GOTY already and its only March folks Do yourself the favor and pick up this absolute gem of a game.
  31. Mar 27, 2013
    I am going to keep this short. OMFG. Bioshock 1 was my favorite game of all time and this is surpassed it and I am only half way done. Enough said. Go buy and support this amazing game. These is the kind of games that keeps me playing. I am 28 years old and I have not felt this strong about a game since the first Bioshock. Go buy this now. If you do not you will do yourself the biggestI am going to keep this short. OMFG. Bioshock 1 was my favorite game of all time and this is surpassed it and I am only half way done. Enough said. Go buy and support this amazing game. These is the kind of games that keeps me playing. I am 28 years old and I have not felt this strong about a game since the first Bioshock. Go buy this now. If you do not you will do yourself the biggest disservice to your gaming. This is why I game. And this is why I am a gamer. MASTERPIECE. Expand
  32. Mar 26, 2013
    This is an amazing game. It deliveres everything that other shooters do not. 1. An amazing Story which i will not spoil. 2. Amazing graphics that fit the atmosphere perfectly. 3. NO BUGS SO FAR!!! Never thought the day would come when i would play a game on release without any bugs. 4. Superb gameplay: amazing levels, weapons, means of transportation so on and so on. I could go on but iThis is an amazing game. It deliveres everything that other shooters do not. 1. An amazing Story which i will not spoil. 2. Amazing graphics that fit the atmosphere perfectly. 3. NO BUGS SO FAR!!! Never thought the day would come when i would play a game on release without any bugs. 4. Superb gameplay: amazing levels, weapons, means of transportation so on and so on. I could go on but i desperately want to continue playing. And 2k was nice enough to give me Bioshock 1 and xcom: enemy unknown for FREE!!!!! Expand
  33. Mar 26, 2013
    This is a crowning achievement for this cycle of games which is defined by life cycles of consoles. As gaming and other software begins to explore the use of cloud technology and rapid solid state memory, more intense graphics will become the standard along with perfected sound. This game, however, already has those. As a preface, to truly appreciate this game I think you have to enjoyThis is a crowning achievement for this cycle of games which is defined by life cycles of consoles. As gaming and other software begins to explore the use of cloud technology and rapid solid state memory, more intense graphics will become the standard along with perfected sound. This game, however, already has those. As a preface, to truly appreciate this game I think you have to enjoy story telling. This game is HEAVILY story driven with fantastic writing. I spent at least an hour in the chapel after landing in Columbia. Needless to say I have not finished the game yet but I am savoring it. I am playing on hard as suggested by PC Gamer because most story centric games have little replay value but this game's story is deep and rich enough to deserve at least another replay. I know I will replay it with the 1999 option after hard so that I can see how I might end without a winnable ending. This is a game about the journey. To rush through it is to completely miss the substance of the game. This is not an ADD friendly game. While the combat is exhilarating and amazingly fun (much like but improved over the original Bioshock) you do have to use tactics and planning to survive. I also appreciate that on the non-1999 version you are not overly punished for screwing up and experimenting. The voice acting, the graphics, the atmosphere, the sheer creative genius of this world inspired me to buy a season pass as I would love more of this game. Ken Levine and the entire Irrational Games team should be given a well deserved standing ovation. I hope that Irrational will take their time, but not as much time, developing their next game. A return to a cyberpunk world would be wonderful, perhaps as a System Shock 3? Take a well deserved break Mr. Levine come back refreshed and let that genius flow again into yet another wonderful experience. Expand
  34. Mar 26, 2013
    Would you kindly play this game? This by far is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years of gaming. When I walked out of that capsule and those lit candles with the soothing music behind it I knew this game was going somewhere. This is art this is what this generations needed for a ending of this generation consoles. I can now say this is added to the list of great games made by aWould you kindly play this game? This by far is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years of gaming. When I walked out of that capsule and those lit candles with the soothing music behind it I knew this game was going somewhere. This is art this is what this generations needed for a ending of this generation consoles. I can now say this is added to the list of great games made by a genius company. Great job irrational games. Every bit was worth playing this game. Expand
  35. Mar 26, 2013
    I had doubts before preordering the game, but I gave it a shot, since I loved the bioshock games from the past, and I always liked the atmosphere which is unique to this game, no game has this kind of graphics, and sounds, and environment.
    The gameplay, as always, fun to play, and not to easy, but possible, (not like those games that you die a thousand times to move on).
    In addition to
    In addition to that, you have a unique companion, that aids you in many ways, Elizabeth will through you a coin she found, or a shotgun when you are out of ammo, also, her character is something I never saw, she moves along with you, not after you, she interacts with the world, like it was real, she would tell you her opinion or just go around and look.

If you love singleplayer games, and are looking for something fresh that no other game can offer, give this a shot, you won't be disappointed.
  36. Mar 26, 2013
    This is great stuff. Imaginative. Creative. Textures tend to be muddled, but the art direction is inspired and beautiful. Ditto for the sound design; the Beach Boy's "God Only Knows" is turned into a haunting, Sinatra-esque mantra. Absolutely fun. Absolutely worth the simoleons, imo. Ken Levine is a blessed genius. This game does not exploit multiplayer, which is a minus in my book. A gameThis is great stuff. Imaginative. Creative. Textures tend to be muddled, but the art direction is inspired and beautiful. Ditto for the sound design; the Beach Boy's "God Only Knows" is turned into a haunting, Sinatra-esque mantra. Absolutely fun. Absolutely worth the simoleons, imo. Ken Levine is a blessed genius. This game does not exploit multiplayer, which is a minus in my book. A game this great should have comparably singular multiplayer. Still, worthy, and quite the experience. Expand
  37. Mar 26, 2013
    The BioShock franchise and the team in Boston redefine gaming once again with BioShock Infinite. The original game was a masterpiece upon release, it still aged very gracefully.. I know this more appropriately now because I just slammed my way through both BS1 and BS2 before tonight's midnight launch. And no, I have not finished Bioshock Infinite. However, I am going to review this gameThe BioShock franchise and the team in Boston redefine gaming once again with BioShock Infinite. The original game was a masterpiece upon release, it still aged very gracefully.. I know this more appropriately now because I just slammed my way through both BS1 and BS2 before tonight's midnight launch. And no, I have not finished Bioshock Infinite. However, I am going to review this game based on my 5 hours of gameplay... why? you may ask? Because the first 2 HOURS of gameplay were more enjoyable than the entire BioShock series. It sucks you in, immediately, and never let's go. If you bought this game on launch for $60 give yourself a pat on the back. You truly made a strong purchasing decision that just helped the gaming industry as a whole. This game just paved the way for what we expect in our next gen titles! Expand
  38. Mar 26, 2013
    I wasn't a massive fan of the first Bioshock (its still a good game), but when I first saw the gameplay for Infinite a few years back I fell in love with it almost strait the way. And now I get to play one of the best games of this generation. When you first step into Columbia it feels like the first time at a theme park, the atmosphere is something no hardcore or casual gamer should missI wasn't a massive fan of the first Bioshock (its still a good game), but when I first saw the gameplay for Infinite a few years back I fell in love with it almost strait the way. And now I get to play one of the best games of this generation. When you first step into Columbia it feels like the first time at a theme park, the atmosphere is something no hardcore or casual gamer should miss out on. The combat has improved since the first game, using the Skyline is a great addition to the combat and of course getting around. Elizabeth is a character you want around you, and never gets in your way or does annoying things to hinder combat (take note Capcom). I haven't finished the game yet, but to me its a game you don't want to ever end, the experience is that good! I understand certain people won't like this game, every game in existence has players that won't like it, but come on, people who give 0's to a game like this is just trolling! @ciuchina82 How is multiplayer a joke? There is no multiplayer! and to allow your son of 4 years old to play this then I review your parenting a 0/10. Expand
  39. Mar 27, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is very beautiful. The gameplay is smooth and fun, the atmosphere is so detailed, and the theme is mature. Alot of effort has been put into this game and it shows. Easily deserves its critical acclaim.
  40. Mar 26, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played and a fantastic continuation of the shock series, which has yet to really disappoint. It is a return to form after Bioshock 2, and with the lack of multiplayer and a more intricate singleplayer experience that is quite evident.
  41. Mar 26, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a reinforcement of drugs such as degenerating into the world of gaming. What a wonderful world of storytelling rest on coercion scripts.Striking narrative or cinematic QTE scenes to make the story does not need an elaborate construction.This game is a masterpiece, a masterpiece
  42. Mar 26, 2013
    Einfach nur genial dieses Spiel. Es ist beeindruckend in Punkto Grafik, Gameplay, Story, Storytelling, Musikalischer Begleitung, KI, Leveldesign und Abwechslung. Selten hat mich ein Spiel so gepackt und nicht mehr losgelassen. Hinzu kommt, dass Bioshock Infinite nach 5 Stunden Spielzeit KEINE Bugs gezeigt hat und ich als Vorbesteller auch noch den 1sten Teil und xcom: enemy unknown GRATISEinfach nur genial dieses Spiel. Es ist beeindruckend in Punkto Grafik, Gameplay, Story, Storytelling, Musikalischer Begleitung, KI, Leveldesign und Abwechslung. Selten hat mich ein Spiel so gepackt und nicht mehr losgelassen. Hinzu kommt, dass Bioshock Infinite nach 5 Stunden Spielzeit KEINE Bugs gezeigt hat und ich als Vorbesteller auch noch den 1sten Teil und xcom: enemy unknown GRATIS bekommen habe. Noch nie war ich glücklicher darüver 50 Euro ausgegeben zu haben. Expand
  43. Mar 26, 2013
    This game sets a new bar for the fps genre, it reuses the unique formula of the previous bioshock games and implemented it well. And I'm glad Irrational games and the crew took the time to polish the game. This game is a great experiences and it is possibly one of the stronger contestants for Game of the year.
  44. Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutely unebelievable. The graphics/pacing/story/voice acting... its like you're in your own little world. I've never felt such wonder and awe before when it comes to a video game. And like several of the reviews said.. .there is no way a movie could have given you this feeling.
  45. Mar 26, 2013
    Normally I would never give a game 10/10, but Bioshock Infinite ticks all the boxes. Just like the first game did. Infinite has exciting gameplay, with various ways to approach encounters. You have Elizabeth there to help. She gives you ammo, salt and health when you need it. She can also open rips in the world to give you the edge in combat. The graphics are amazing, mixed with excellentNormally I would never give a game 10/10, but Bioshock Infinite ticks all the boxes. Just like the first game did. Infinite has exciting gameplay, with various ways to approach encounters. You have Elizabeth there to help. She gives you ammo, salt and health when you need it. She can also open rips in the world to give you the edge in combat. The graphics are amazing, mixed with excellent use of lighting and sound. the world is truly amazing. I love the way that it is specifically a different experience to the previous games. There you are stuck in Rapture, a claustrophobic, dark and broken city. Here we have a huge open beaming world, with light. It's still terribly evil though All that aside this game is absolutely amazing and If a game is better than this in the next 2 years I will be very surprised. GOTY for sure. Expand
  46. Mar 26, 2013
    Now, I've played all the Bioshocks and beaten them. This is the best one. With more freedom than previous titles, I cant find anything wrong with this game. Aside from all the obvious ones, graphics are awesome, gameplay is phenominal, the music and environments are 2nd to none. The game is very immersive. I catch myself getting tense sometimes and I'm like "Wow, its been a while for that!"
  47. Mar 26, 2013
    I rank this game up with half life standarts, from beginning to end it is phenomenal, elizabeth is not only a extremely loveable character but also the best sidekick that ive had in a long time, AI is amazing! I dont want to spoil anything or give any hints, just get the game, believe me. There is nothing left but a ten...
  48. Mar 26, 2013
    Gunplay is fun, controls are responsive, the art direction is engrossing, the enemies are original, the characters are intricate, the story is deep and the powers are fun, it's pretty much everything you could want in a run and gun shooter/adventure game. Pretty close to perfect, very reminiscent of Half-life 2 in how well realized the world and the characters are. Game of the year so far.
  49. Mar 26, 2013
    "The lord judges, I act."
    This is a spoiler free review. I won't touch the story-line it's epic and I'll end it at that.
    "The lord judges, I act."
    I'm loving Infinite so far. But as a long time BioShock fan I must say the graphics are mildly disappointing. Especially if you lurk around in every corner of the game. The flowers, the fruits, walls etc. just look like they were rushed up during development. That's the only part which is bad about the game.
    The guns, they are so well balanced. For every different heavy hitter you WILLL need a different technique. I found out that the hard way, haha! The Vigor combos and Vigor Gun damage combos are epic. The Vigor themselves don't feel OP so you'll constantly have to use different ones at different times.
    I played the Industrial revolution, and well I personally feel that the rewards, specially the early 500$ you get from completing IR will give you an edge early on as you can quickly buy health kits, salt and ammo. But that's ok.
    Music is just mind blowing. Literally mind blowing.
    Elizabeth and here gossips are epic. Don't consider here a fancy-dandy superwomen without brains, she's bloody smart, and helps a lot.
    Still think they could have done the game graphically a bit much better.
    Anyhow that probably shouldn't keep me from giving BS: Infinite a 10/10.
    Also, any idiot voting 0s or 1s is probably trolling around without having actually played the game.
  50. Mar 28, 2013
    I have a new Favorite Game. Bioshock Infinte is better than i have think. Great Story and Gameplay. Tons of Weapons and Ways. It's the Best Game ever. Like first time playing Half Life or like first time see The Matrix. Bioshock Fans and FPS Player Buy It. Bioshock Infinte show you a World that you never have seen before. The Reviews saying it "Unforgettable" and "it'll blow you away" ThisI have a new Favorite Game. Bioshock Infinte is better than i have think. Great Story and Gameplay. Tons of Weapons and Ways. It's the Best Game ever. Like first time playing Half Life or like first time see The Matrix. Bioshock Fans and FPS Player Buy It. Bioshock Infinte show you a World that you never have seen before. The Reviews saying it "Unforgettable" and "it'll blow you away" This Game will Reborn you. Welcome to the Sky. halleluja* 10/10 GOTY 2013 Expand
  51. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is fantastic. The awe never stops, from the moment you launch the game, til the moment you complete it. This is by far the best FPS ever made. I don't see how anyone could hate this game or dislike it. I don't believe it to be possible. I didn't buy into any hype, but even with all the hype around the game, it will still blow you away. Words cannot express this game. It has to beThis game is fantastic. The awe never stops, from the moment you launch the game, til the moment you complete it. This is by far the best FPS ever made. I don't see how anyone could hate this game or dislike it. I don't believe it to be possible. I didn't buy into any hype, but even with all the hype around the game, it will still blow you away. Words cannot express this game. It has to be played. Of course on PC it has way better visuals, but I wouldn't let that deter console players. It would be an injustice to yourself not to experience this game. Expand
  52. Mar 26, 2013
    A true work of art, Kev Levine's background in drama shines through and takes you on an incredible journey. I did not think they could top the atmosphere and story of the first game but they've succeeded and in many ways surpassed. Anyone who gives this game a negative review likely hails from the "CoD era" of shooters, unable to appreciate this game for what it is. No it does not have theA true work of art, Kev Levine's background in drama shines through and takes you on an incredible journey. I did not think they could top the atmosphere and story of the first game but they've succeeded and in many ways surpassed. Anyone who gives this game a negative review likely hails from the "CoD era" of shooters, unable to appreciate this game for what it is. No it does not have the polished combat of some games but it does not need it. This is not something to be rushed through in as short as you can, you must be willing to sit back and explore, listen to the diaries, learn the history and indulge into the story. Only then will you see how perfect this game is. Expand
  53. Mar 26, 2013
    The game itself is good but the ending ruins the story.
  54. Mar 26, 2013
    All I gotta say is its breathtaking with a rich imagination.
    Not to mention Irrational take risks that few other companies take.
    It's nice to see a company recognize history accurately.
  55. Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutely perfect game. Single-handedly the most beautiful game ever made in terms of graphics. Tons of side-things you can do to keep yourself occupied and you can really tell that a lot of time was put into making this game. 10/10.
  56. Mar 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, when announced, left me sadly skeptical about how well it could live up to the prior game's, more specifically of course the first Bioshock. upon starting this game for this first time I was astounded by the visuals, everything is absolutely beautiful. beyond the fact that they have removed hacking from the game, which left me quite sad. The vigors are unusual and evenBioshock Infinite, when announced, left me sadly skeptical about how well it could live up to the prior game's, more specifically of course the first Bioshock. upon starting this game for this first time I was astounded by the visuals, everything is absolutely beautiful. beyond the fact that they have removed hacking from the game, which left me quite sad. The vigors are unusual and even when theyre similar to those found in Bioshock 1 and 2 they differ in key ways. everything about this game is enjoyable and original Bioshock customers should love this as much as the first. Expand
  57. Mar 26, 2013
    Occasionally, a game comes along that truly takes my breath away. Like my first runs through Half-Life 2, BioShock, and Fallout 3, I was at a loss for words from start to end with BioShock Infinite. Let me start this review with the only negative I can possibly attempt to give it- the middle is slightly blurry with a couple of quick transitions that only make sense after you have completedOccasionally, a game comes along that truly takes my breath away. Like my first runs through Half-Life 2, BioShock, and Fallout 3, I was at a loss for words from start to end with BioShock Infinite. Let me start this review with the only negative I can possibly attempt to give it- the middle is slightly blurry with a couple of quick transitions that only make sense after you have completed the game. However, the combat during that time completely makes up for it. I really want to keep this review short, so I'll get straight to the point. 1. Buy this game. 2. The atmosphere, combat, story, visuals, characters, and much more, combine together to make one of the most enjoyable fictional (beyond just video games) experiences I have ever encountered. Expand
  58. Mar 26, 2013
    the most awesome shooter i've played since Half-Life 2. I enjoyed every minute of this game...
    Great story, great art design, great characters, great ending.

Game of the year 2013
  59. Mar 26, 2013
    Take THAT Half Life 2! Seriously, that game doesn't deserve it's score or praise, but this game does, finally, nice to see some justice in the world. Bioshock has always been a series for absurd creativity, and this entry is no different.
  60. Sep 22, 2014
    FPS couldn't get any better than this. its worth the money I spent. Gameplay and the characters will let you into the world. Best game of the generation. You will believe a city can fly.
  61. Aug 20, 2014
    Though not as gritty as the previous two installments, Bioshock Infinate still boasts a brilliant cohesive storyline with well drawn-out characters and a setting that is visually impressive. The graphics are great, the voice acting is great, the ending is convoluted and confusing but its the score that helped me get through the game. The score is none-short of amazing.

Overall the game

Overall the game isn't as good as the previous two but it's still a fantastic game with vast improvements and a great AI system where the AI actually help you out and not get in the way of thing.
  62. Oct 17, 2013
    Sublime, fascinating setting, lovely rich complex plot, great game mechanics, fantastic varied weapons which are balanced incredibly well, sumptuous graphics, amazing sound including period covers of modern pop songs which have been realized perfectly. I mean.... Come on people, what do you want?
  63. Mar 16, 2014
    This is one great experiences, and surely one of the best of last-gen. BioShock Infinite has a unique artistic style and a highly detailed world to go along with a good story. There are parts where it feels like there's just too much combat, but the fact that the combat is fun, and the story is good, you just want to keep pushing through to see what happens next. Although it's not as greatThis is one great experiences, and surely one of the best of last-gen. BioShock Infinite has a unique artistic style and a highly detailed world to go along with a good story. There are parts where it feels like there's just too much combat, but the fact that the combat is fun, and the story is good, you just want to keep pushing through to see what happens next. Although it's not as great as the original, it's still a game that deserves to be played. Expand
  64. Mar 8, 2014
    A remarkable story that puts the Bioshock franchise in a place where anything can happen next and everything from the series were placed together.

Deep and engaging characters, astonishing visuals and a truly rich backstory fulfilled with a mixture of history and fantasy, covering aspects of our society like the struggle of social classes or religion and state exploit, make one of the best games of all time.

Bugs at the beginning, some boring mechanics, unjustified excessive violence, bad design/budget decisions, the well known millions of chain quests covering the same places over and over, and mostly the unbelievable absence of a decent save system almost ruin the game or make it average, but the good points are just awesome and hold Bioshock Infinite like an awesome, over the top game.

It's a good mix of action and story - entertainment and art excellence.
    (some technical mess, but it's all right)

____________________________________________

PS For those who needs the subtitle help in a foreign language:

You may get lost at the end of the story, because it's deep and explained too fast. Play it again or simply search for the story explained via web to help you understand it if needed.
  65. Mar 7, 2014
    the reason why alot of people are saying the graphics suck is because they don't know what art style the developers were going for, the story is amazing and the gameplay is fun, definetley worth picking up
  66. Feb 14, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game, with a great story, outstanding and colourful world and overall GOOD gameplay it is one of 2013's best. There are only a few main negative points that Infinite carries which is which are its lack of meaningful player decisions, a lame final battle. and a few hallway-shooter levels. The last ~3 minutes or so of the game will tie up all loose ends fromBioshock Infinite is an amazing game, with a great story, outstanding and colourful world and overall GOOD gameplay it is one of 2013's best. There are only a few main negative points that Infinite carries which is which are its lack of meaningful player decisions, a lame final battle. and a few hallway-shooter levels. The last ~3 minutes or so of the game will tie up all loose ends from the game and some that you didn't even know existed.

67. Nov 6, 2013
    Probably my favorite game of all time, it has an AMAZING story, memorable characters, a beautiful art style, fun combat (in my opinion at least) and by far the BEST ENDING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ANY SORT OF ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT. Just buy it, and don't forget the DLC which is going to be epic
  68. Nov 11, 2013
    This game is the ultimate masterpiece in every way. It's so beautiful that you stop to admire the scenario, the combat is fun with new skylines, vigors combos and plenty of weapons to chose from and the story is perfect in every detail (which they focus a lot).
  69. Nov 18, 2013
    Uma palavra pra definir esse jogo "Mágico". Visual deslumbrante. Sentido religioso em contraponto com uma violência desmedida. As músicas nos remetem realmente a tempos passados, mesmo que não tenhamos vividos naquela época... OBRA-PRIMA!!!!
  70. Jan 25, 2014
    I really liked this game. Really really liked it. Its graphics are fantastic, theme is spot-on, and the gameplay is rock-solid. The only complaints I have (relatively minor ones) stem from the story and characters.

Starting off with the graphics: I'm so glad my upgraded PC can run this on max. While some areas of the game aren't really that amazing from a technical standpoint, going outside in Columbia is a revelation. Not only did I appreciate the lighting, textures, and particle effects, but felt that they aided my absorption into the game.

The astounding graphics tie into my next love of the game: the theme. Columbia is breathtaking. The old-timey machines, voices, and buildings are breathtaking. This game made 1912 interesting, a mean feat considering how boring I found it previously. The ideas behind this game are varied, and I have no doubt that they could carry a prequel or a sequel if one was made.

Gameplay finally. Weapons feel punchy and dangerous. Vigors were better implemented in this game than they were in the first Bioshock; they were a key aspect of most of my battles. Elizabeth's 'tearing' saved my ass so many times that I'm not even sure I would have beat the game without it. Skylines are just the best idea ever, although I did find myself over-using them because of the almost-complete safety they gave me. Airship battles: not restricting at all, which I thought they would be. The enemies also kept you on your toes, with the Handymen and crow guys standing out for me. Some people say the gameplay is nothing special, and objectively that may be so, but I did really feel like Booker DeWitt trying to survive in this weird new world whenever I was in combat.

Now to the goddamn story and characters. Without spoiling much, I loved Elizabeth (as most do). Pretty much all of the moments of happiness, sadness, and compassion were because of her. Only times I didn't like her was when she was wayyyyy too clued-in to what was going on to make any sense (read: the ending). However, that's more of a story problem than hers. Comstock was one-dimensional, racist, bible-bashing, but entertaining enough. Booker has a bit of an uneven story; he turns from being vital to the plot to almost invisible many times throughout the game. Other characters range from great (Lutece twins) to okay (Jeremiah Fink) to bad (Daisy Fitzroy).

The story itself, well, I really really really liked it. Ranging from figuring out what the hell is going on to trying to escape to, well, the endgame, I had a blast throughout. I genuinely looked forward to every new location in the game. Only problem; the ending was rushed. I loved the ideas behind it, but they could have been paced better to give the player time to breathe. That being said, the whole ending sequence was so thought-provoking I want to replay the game just to see what I missed. I could go on with my opinion on the story, but I don't really feel like it. It's really an 'in the moment' game.

Overall, a great game.
  71. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is not often you play a game and then immediately afterwards want to talk about your feelings and experience. System Shock 1 did not do that for me, not even System Shock 2 and I still have my original CDs of that game. SS2 was one of my best games all time by the way. Like it or not - games have moved on and the consolisation of our beloved PC games continues. Shame I say!

Bioshock Infinite is a lot like the original Bioshock. However, some things have been changed for the better - some for the worse. You are now travelling amongst the clouds, in a magical floating city where Humming Birds, Candy Floss and rainbows stretch across the horizon. It follows after one of the best introductions in a video game - starting with the standard man, boat, lighthouse and ending up in the amazing chapel. At the beginning - you sort of explore - play some games in the fairground - see the happy locals living their privelaged life.

Like the orginal BIoshocks - the game is extremely linear - this time there is no illusion that you are free to choose your path. What you are playing is an interactive story and believe me - it is the best interactive story you could ever take part in. Bringing in film, books and gaming together - the end result, and I mean when you get to THE END - you will think and feel like you never have before in gaming.

I liked the moment in the beginning chapel and getting baptised. I liked exploring the opening fairground and taking part in the games. I was surprised by the lottery section and the comment it made on mixed marriages. I liked the use of the sky rails and had not experienced that in a video game before. I liked the combat but found I was often reminded to use the vigours - unlike Bioshock 1 and 2. I liked the beach, the American Indian and Chinese Boxers sections. I liked the build up to your initial meeting with Elizabeth.

The experience with the Elizabeth character was just so amazing and wonderful - totally unique - no - nothing like Alyx in Half Life 2 - much better. Watching the Elizabeth character change over the course of the game was heart wrenching and your inability of stopping that was difficult to take. Remember - you are not in control of this game - you go and do what you are told - you live the story and play your role.

Technically - the game is not better than SS2 or BS1 - but the story telling sets this game apart from any other I have experienced - give it a go, please. Take your time and do not rush - explore the world - struggle through the bad interface and dumbed down options - you will thank me.

Hmm - anything wrong with the game? Well - let's say I would have done some things different - too much shooter for me. Somethings seem to have been taken out or put in at the last minute - it's obvious but all that never really affected my experience, or my feelings.

I think this thing of leaving bits of the story and background in voicemails needs to improve in the future - we gamers really need this a bit more directly - we all don't have time to search the intranet to find answers once we complete a game - please give us more info next time. Some character interaction with the citizens with the world would help that.

So - on to the feelings and thinking bit - BI is a grown up game - younger people might like the (standard) shooty shooty, I would not. Without the story telling this game is not a "Shock". It becomes a standard shooter.

Racism, Equality, The Nature of Power, Violence, Religion, Technology. Family. Children. The choices we make. What is gaming for?

I am giving this a 9/10 with Skyrim being a 10/10. I don't understand the haters below that are giving it a fat zero. Obviously a game can move from a 7 to a 10, some guys might be really into this one and give it a 10. I would not say it is excessive. But zeros? All their criticism is valid though -

Some ways this is worse than Bioshock - the story telling is better.
    Bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt.
    Elizabeth: Booker, are you afraid of God? Booker DeWitt: No. But I'm afraid of you.
    The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist.
    The seed of the prophet shall sit the throne, and drown in flame the mountains of man.
    Love the Prophet, cause he loves the Sinner, Love the Sinner, Because he is you. Without the Sinner, what need is there for a redeemer? Without Sin, what grace has forgiveness?
    What exactly was the great emancipator, emancipating the negro from? From his daily bread, from the nobility of honest days work, from wealthy patrons who sponsered them from cradle to grave. Front clothing and shelter and what have they done?, Why go to Finkton and you shall find out. No man is born free, except the white man, and it is our burden to care for the rest of creation.

The ending is the best ending EVER in a video game - show me better if you can.
  72. Jan 27, 2014
    Bioshock was my Game of the Year of 2013. In order to have a full understanding and experience, play the other Bioshock's before starting Infinite.
    The graphics are gorgeous and stunning on PC, the gameplay and shooter mechanics are smooth and exceptional.
    What really drives Infinite is the story line. Not ruining anything, but the ending is confusing to many people and I suggest once you have finished, youtube the ending of Bioshock Infinite explained in full detail.
    Elizabeth is a companion that is never going to be forgotten. She not only helps you in battle, but she is what drives the story. Elizabeth, you could say, is the centerpiece throughout the entire game.
    The vigors are well thought and interpreted, as this gives the player many options to chose how they want to approach a battle. Planning is essential on the higher difficulties, especially 1999 mode.
    However, the game does not feature enough guns, and I found myself sticking with the same guns throughout the whole game.
    All in all, one of the best story-driven, first-person shooters I have ever played. Please continue to amaze us, 2K and Irrational Games.
  73. Jan 26, 2014
    Back in the year 2007, the company Irrational Games released BioShock, which was a fantastic first person shooter that brought new things to the table that brought a more unique flare to the tried and true FPS genre. This game had an amazing storyline, superpowers that change the way the game can be played, and beautiful graphics. The game was fantastic, and critically acclaimed byBack in the year 2007, the company Irrational Games released BioShock, which was a fantastic first person shooter that brought new things to the table that brought a more unique flare to the tried and true FPS genre. This game had an amazing storyline, superpowers that change the way the game can be played, and beautiful graphics. The game was fantastic, and critically acclaimed by critics and FPS fans alike. Then in 2010, a sequel called BioShock 2 was released. This game was not made by the same developer. Despite this however, the game was considered great, but not as good as its predecessor. Now the series is back with BioShock Infinite, a game with a different setting from the first two games, but is still made by the developer of the first game. So, does this game live up to the legacy of its predecessors, or should the developers have just stuck with the original setting? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is very similar to its predecessors. It is a first person shooter with many weapons for you to mess around with. This game has all of the weapons that an FPS fan could ask for. It has machine guns, shotguns, pistols, and even grenade launchers. This may sound like your generic FPS at first, but this game also has something that changes the gameplay quite a bit. You also have these amazing superpowers called vigors. Vigors give your character special powers such as the ability to throw fire into your enemy's faces, zapping them with lightning, and even murdering them with a horde of crows. Overall, this game's gameplay is not much different from it's predecessors at all, except that it seems to appeal more to the modern FPS fan then a classic one. After all, this time you can only have two weapons at a time, and you can only wield two vigors at a time. However, this isn't much of a problem considering that it is still fun to play despite this restriction. The gameplay of this game is quite fantastic overall. The graphics of this game have got to be the most beautiful I have ever seen in any video game. I'm not kidding. This game's graphics are just so beautiful it is crazy. Everything is rich with detail, along with being bright and colorful. The setting is probably the most beautiful part however. It is a city in the clouds that is filled with posters, billboards and the like talking about how amazing the place is. The people in the game are realistic looking, the clouds in the sky are a nice touch, and I could go on and on. This game is about as beautiful as a modern FPS can get. As for the story, it is quite possibly the best story that I have ever heard in my life. That is not a joke. This story is so amazing it is ridiculous. It starts with you, the main character Booker DeWitt, who is threatened with death if he doesn't complete his mission. His mission is to "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt,". This girl is Elizabeth, who you will meet later in the game, who will be your sidekick later on. Along the way, you get caught up in a conflict with the game's main villain, Zachary Hale Comstock who created the city of Columbia, which is where the game takes place. The story is told like a classic animated Disney movie, and is filled with themes such as racism and religion. The story is handled quite fantastically, and is told very well.
    Overall, this game definitely lives up to the legacy of its predecessors. It is a game that absolutely everyone needs to play. It is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. My only real problem with it is that it is too much like a modern shooter, where the other games in the franchise were more like a classic FPS.
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  74. Jan 27, 2014
    Relish this game. Take it all in. Beautiful and gripping from pillar to post! One of the best games ive ever played...to date! I find it hard to comprehend how some people score it low. If its not your cup of tea its worth at least a 7/10 for its sheer graphical quality and beauty!
  75. Mar 4, 2014
    Like mentioned by other graphics are stunning. I spent ages searching around the little bits of the linear path just to make sure I have not missed anything. Thought the story was good as well and your AI buddy does not get in the way like other games and occasionally likes to throw money and guns at you, which is always a bonus! I am looking forward to getting round to buying and givingLike mentioned by other graphics are stunning. I spent ages searching around the little bits of the linear path just to make sure I have not missed anything. Thought the story was good as well and your AI buddy does not get in the way like other games and occasionally likes to throw money and guns at you, which is always a bonus! I am looking forward to getting round to buying and giving the dlc a play through. Expand
  76. Feb 24, 2014
    /// sorry for bad english/// bioshock infinite best game in which I played an incredible story introducing the head, great graphics(not for innovation , a wonderful atmosphere and beauty) , the combat system was estimated at low levels of complexity recommend to take the 1999 mode , this game is so good that I played 90 hours approximately 5 playthroughs ,you won't believe I just enjoy/// sorry for bad english/// bioshock infinite best game in which I played an incredible story introducing the head, great graphics(not for innovation , a wonderful atmosphere and beauty) , the combat system was estimated at low levels of complexity recommend to take the 1999 mode , this game is so good that I played 90 hours approximately 5 playthroughs ,you won't believe I just enjoy beautiful locations ,and plot ,but really ,this is the best game at the time of 2013. 10 out of 10 masterpiece Expand
  77. Jun 13, 2014
    To put it simply Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have ever played. Stunning visuals, a phenomenal setting, enjoyable gunplay and the best story I've ever had the pleasure to play through.
  78. Jun 28, 2014
    The best game i've ever played. 100% sure. The best about Bioshock series is the fact that the games have no cutscenes and that makes the experience totally real. The scenary and the graphics are so beautiful you will feel the need to enjoy every second, notice every detail, explore every place. The story is beautiful, the characters captivating and the ending couldn't be more perfect. TheThe best game i've ever played. 100% sure. The best about Bioshock series is the fact that the games have no cutscenes and that makes the experience totally real. The scenary and the graphics are so beautiful you will feel the need to enjoy every second, notice every detail, explore every place. The story is beautiful, the characters captivating and the ending couldn't be more perfect. The gameplay is awesome, allows you to create strategies on your battles and fight in a lot of ways possible. Bioshock Infinite is not to be played, is to be lived. This game is an art piece, it's perfect. Expand
  79. Jul 3, 2014
    just fantastic, the best game i have played in a long time.
    just fantastic, the best game i have played in a long time.
    some people's graphics have a couple of issues on the PC that can be fixed but once they are done its just great. the gameplay is easy to get lost in, the story has some truly remarkable moments that will have your mind doing somersaults. its totally different to the first two bioshock games, but also so close that you feel right at home. play through and you will see just how close it gets. many little nuances that keep you interested in the background and scenery.
    it manages to be both familiar and completely new, i have honestly never played anything quite so good. there are great games and then there are exceptional games, this definitely falls into the latter. if you are a fan of the first bioshock games then this is a game that you will love intensely.
    if you are new to the series i could see how it could seem a bit bewildering. there is so much intensity to the story, styling and background it could be overwhelming. all i could suggest is to play the others too and you will fall in love with the series.
    10 is not high enough praise from me.
  80. Jul 7, 2014
    Had to make an account just to write a review for this game. This is easily one of the best games I have played in the past 10 years. The world, art style, gameplay, voice acting, graphics, and mechanics are incredible and absolutely keep you hooked. The crown jewel of the game is really the story though. Its as good if not better than some of the top HBO shows, movies, etc.. EverythingHad to make an account just to write a review for this game. This is easily one of the best games I have played in the past 10 years. The world, art style, gameplay, voice acting, graphics, and mechanics are incredible and absolutely keep you hooked. The crown jewel of the game is really the story though. Its as good if not better than some of the top HBO shows, movies, etc.. Everything about it is perfection and I would not change a single thing. If you have not played this game it is a MUST. Expand
  81. Jul 29, 2014
    Great game, probably the best in the series. Combat controls are excellent, bugs are nonexistent. The plot, characters, and environment are amazingly well done. A masterpiece of a game.
  82. Aug 23, 2014
    This game starts and take us to a great journey in a spectacular way and the way it does no movie could do so perfectly as Bioshock Infinite does. It worth every penny you spend and if you have a good taste for amazing stories then this is your game. Prepare to a mind blowing experience.
  83. Sep 13, 2014
    Im just going to say that is Bioshock. No, joke xD. you just have to see the end to know that this is a masterpiece. A lot of people say that The last of us is better, but NO. and i have also play the last of us, and i also think that is a masterpiece, but not as good as Bioshock Infinite.
  84. Nov 20, 2014
    You gotta play the game, if only to watch the breathtaking beauty of Columbia. No other setting in videogaming history can hope to get anywhere near close the sheer awesomeness of the flying city of Bioshock Infinite. Apart from that, the gameplay is good (although not flawless), the longevity is average for the genre and the plot is one of the best ever seen for a first person shooter -You gotta play the game, if only to watch the breathtaking beauty of Columbia. No other setting in videogaming history can hope to get anywhere near close the sheer awesomeness of the flying city of Bioshock Infinite. Apart from that, the gameplay is good (although not flawless), the longevity is average for the genre and the plot is one of the best ever seen for a first person shooter - that may not sound particularly impressive, considered that the average plot for a first person shooter is nonexistent, but the plot of Bioshock Infinite is actually good, and the game ends with a bang. This game is a must play, period. Expand
  85. Nov 25, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have ever played. Everything that makes a game good is in this game, just like Half-Life 2. It has an amazing story, average gameplay, well-developed characters and a great soundtrack. While the gameplay could be more fun, the story and characters outweigh the flaws which makes this game the best game I ever played.
  86. Nov 23, 2014
    Looking for a fun, original, FPS, that combines exciting, and adventurous gameplay, with deep and layered story telling? Look no further.

I consider this to be the greatest game of 2013, because I not only had the most fun playing this but I have never felt so emotionally invested in the characters (not even in the last of us). My only complaints would be that the main villain does not live up to the great Andrew Ryan, and it seems a little short. But that may just be because I completed it in one sitting.
  87. Dec 31, 2014
    easily one of the best Bioshock in the series. the way this game introduces Booker and his background is fantastic, also the ending was very unique in a good way.
  88. ERB
    Aug 10, 2013
    This game is absolutely awesome!Among all the BioShock games I've ever played,this is the best one so far.I am guessing that this game will be the game of the year I mean the game play is good,the graphics is also good,and everything about this game is epic!And also I am telling you guys to go buy this game and try playing It.It will be worth all the penny you pay to buy this game.
  89. Mar 29, 2013
    If you don't bother to pay attention to the story, or search for voxaphones for extra details you will have trouble understanding the story. The game world is one of the best I have been in and most definitely rivals Rapture.

The antagonists of this game for me personally aren't as like-able as Andrew Ryan was for example but I believe that is because I could agree with some of Andrew Ryan's opinions.
    None the less the characters are very interesting and are fleshed out with plenty of history.

The gameplay is fluid and fun, I'm not sure how I feel about only 2 weapons at a time but this never detracted from my enjoyment. There are less powers then in Bioshock with only 8 in the game but they are balanced so that they all feel different and can work in harmony, using more then one power at a time to dispatch groups of enemies.

The sky-rail is fun to use and can help to get out of a pinch with easy controls, though to mention people who are prone motion sickness should be cautious because the sky-lines feel very similar to a roller coaster.
    The controls themselves are very nice for mouse and keyboard, with a rebind-able keys and the option to turn off mouse acceleration.
    There is no map and the levels can get very big so getting lost can happen, this is where the navigation system comes in. Press N and an arrow will point the way which will help when you go exploring.

I want to get invested into the game and story, if you want to feel something for the characters the game allows for that. I wants that but if you just want to play another fps and kill some people, it allows for that as well. Though remember if you chose the latter, don't criticise the story because it will only make you look silly because this game has a great story and won't disappoint.
  90. Mar 29, 2013
    never been a huge gamer, but played the first one and heard such good things. all i can say is i did the whole game in two sittings (could of easily been one was it not for work) and finished it feeling like i'd just seen a film that's just been put on my all time greats list. The narrative was SO incredible and so engaging that it will probably take a long time for something like this tonever been a huge gamer, but played the first one and heard such good things. all i can say is i did the whole game in two sittings (could of easily been one was it not for work) and finished it feeling like i'd just seen a film that's just been put on my all time greats list. The narrative was SO incredible and so engaging that it will probably take a long time for something like this to come out again. Playing this game was like watching a high quality film adaptation of a classic sci-fi novel. just plain awesome Expand
  91. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock lived and died on its sumptuous visual design and smog-thick atmosphere, made up not just of its period aesthetic, but of the sound design, the music and the exceptional use of light and color. Bioshock Infinite repeats the same tricks, and the graphics are even more dazzling. It's a stunning game on console, but on the PC with detail levels and textures set to maximum it looksBioshock lived and died on its sumptuous visual design and smog-thick atmosphere, made up not just of its period aesthetic, but of the sound design, the music and the exceptional use of light and color. Bioshock Infinite repeats the same tricks, and the graphics are even more dazzling. It's a stunning game on console, but on the PC with detail levels and textures set to maximum it looks incredible not photo-realistic in the style of Crysis 3 but painterly, like a moving work of art. Pay attention to the music, too. I don't want to spoil anything, but there's a genius in the way the game takes the familiar somewhere strange and new. In terms of combat, the basic feel will be very familiar. Columbia has its own version of Plasmids in its Vigors; liquors that, when drunk, reveal new psychic energies, allowing you to throw fireballs, send out trails of vicious crows at your enemies or suck in and discharge hostile fire. Most have a secondary fire mode, enabling traps or alternative attacks, and they're fueled by vials and bottles of salts, meaning there's no moral choice involved in getting more. Meanwhile items of clothing take the place of Bioshock's passive tonics, increasing your resistance to damage, adding ammo capacity or hitting incoming melee attackers with a dose of their own medicine. Expand
  92. Mar 29, 2013
    An outstanding achievement by any measure across all dimensions. Bioshock Infinite is a much-needed radical departure from today's deteriorated gaming standards. The story of this game is soul-liberating! Although the FPS and RPG components of this game fall short of being great with the just-about-good skill set (vigors) and gunplay mechanics, you can tell that Irrational Games was afterAn outstanding achievement by any measure across all dimensions. Bioshock Infinite is a much-needed radical departure from today's deteriorated gaming standards. The story of this game is soul-liberating! Although the FPS and RPG components of this game fall short of being great with the just-about-good skill set (vigors) and gunplay mechanics, you can tell that Irrational Games was after a higher goal. Instead, they focused their resources to create the visual and cultural gaming masterpiece of 2013. If you haven't bought this game yet, you need to start running and grab it! Let's support great games! Easily my Game of the Year. Expand
  93. Mar 29, 2013
    There are games and there is Art. This game is the latter. It's not just a great shooter (which it also is), but it's a game where you emotionally bond with the characters and the story, with a very detailed world, great dialogues, a couple of good jokes and easter eggs. The game is also rather bald in the way it mocks religion, racism and patriotism and portrays the early America. TheThere are games and there is Art. This game is the latter. It's not just a great shooter (which it also is), but it's a game where you emotionally bond with the characters and the story, with a very detailed world, great dialogues, a couple of good jokes and easter eggs. The game is also rather bald in the way it mocks religion, racism and patriotism and portrays the early America. The gameplay itself is in perfection: the way they innovated the idea of a proper gameplay companion, the tactical combat (tears and skylines with constant lack of proper ammunition), the choice of vigor upgrades and weapons, the nice RPG elements it's all there. The difficulty is challenging on the "hard" difficulty, I died about 10 times before the last combat scene, and I was unable to finish the last combat mission on "hard" in 4 attempts (lowered the difficulty because I really wanted to find out what happens in the end). The challenge is increased due to the "auto-save" system, which I found appropriate for this game. I enjoyed everything about this game except for the ending. Without giving away any spoilers I will just say, that I find it in contradiction with the plot and simply not enjoyable with too much mysticism for my rational mind to handle. I would also like to say that the game runs really smooth on my nvidea 570gtx with no lags. I was unable to find any bugs during the gameplay. It's an example of a successfull port from the console. 10 for graphics and optimization 10 for gameplay
    10 for originality and concept
    10 for character and game design 8 for the plot (mostly because of the ending). It's good, just not as great as it could be in my oppinion.
  94. Mar 27, 2013
    May be one of the best games I have played during the last five years or so. The art style, the sounds, the connection with Elizabeth, the game play, I'm blown away. Add to that an interesting and intriguing plot with a twist in it that will make you go "What?!"

This is a rare find when it comes to games nowadays, I'm glad they took the time developing it instead of rushing it out like most companies does these days. Did explore everything, got a good 19 hours out of it.

Brilliant! Buy and play this game NOW!
  95. Mar 27, 2013
    Revolution, Regret, and Quantum Mechanics The thing that is going to guarantee Bioshock Infinite a place in gaming history is the story. That isn’t to say that the game doesn’t have a myriad of other strengths, but all of those are in service of the story and its presentation. The graphics, while not ultra-bleeding-edge, are still extremely high quality, and like everything else in theRevolution, Regret, and Quantum Mechanics The thing that is going to guarantee Bioshock Infinite a place in gaming history is the story. That isn’t to say that the game doesn’t have a myriad of other strengths, but all of those are in service of the story and its presentation. The graphics, while not ultra-bleeding-edge, are still extremely high quality, and like everything else in the game, presented with an exquisite attention to detail. You will be hard pressed to not spend the first few hours running around taking screenshots of things that amaze you. The sound is presented in equally as high of quality, with positional audio of very high, paranoia inducing quality. NPCs converse, preach, and sing in ways that add a very distinct life to Columbia. The AI behind Elizabeth will serve as a clarion call to other game developers, and will set the bar on what is and is not acceptable going forward. The gameplay is, not too shockingly, reminiscent of Bioshock, with some small refinements. If you have FPS experience and are looking for a challenge, I would recommend starting on Hard mode, as veterans may find Normal too simple. The story… well, the story is executed expertly at pretty much every juncture. In most games I find myself tiring of hunting down things like audio recordings, but in Columbia, there are so many questions that want to be asked, you may find yourself going well out of your way to ensure you didn’t miss something. All of this is wrapped up with and ending that is likely to keep you thinking for a good long time after the credits finish rolling. Expand
  96. Mar 27, 2013
    Well, I'm fresh from completing the game. And I must admit, I never in my gamer-life played one so good, with so well written plot, heavily filled with emotions, with amazing written characters meaning by it, of course Elizabeth, but also Rosalind and Robert Lutece, Comstock, and many, many more. Last hours of game are an emotional rollercoaster. And the ending left me on my knees allWell, I'm fresh from completing the game. And I must admit, I never in my gamer-life played one so good, with so well written plot, heavily filled with emotions, with amazing written characters meaning by it, of course Elizabeth, but also Rosalind and Robert Lutece, Comstock, and many, many more. Last hours of game are an emotional rollercoaster. And the ending left me on my knees all choked up.
    I never were so bewitched(and I'm a woman!) with a game companion like that since Half Life2. Damn, I deem Elizabeth as even higher than Alyx.
    With such great, well thought plot comes also very dynamic, satysfying, maybe sometimes chaotic gameplay that shows that it is a true shooter. But this game is enhancing every part of it. I never really was into gameplay, but in this game it was very pleasurable experience. Elizabeth only makes it better. Believe me she makes the difference :)
    Also, soundtrack is masterpiece. I especially love "Will the circle be unbroken" but there's a lot of music in game dynamic during fights, heating your blood, sometimes nostalgic when needed, and there's also Cindy Lauper ;)
    I can't say anything bad about this game. It's the most perfectly made game I had a pleasure to play. Well done Irrational, well done indeed. You rocked my world. Now... would you kindly give us even more such mind blowing games? :)
    Buy it, play it, you won't regret this. This game has a soul.
  97. Mar 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a huge relief in an industry whose releases are saturated with non-inspired and recycled crap in order to make a buck or two. It's not perfect downsides include tedious looting, easy combat and some pacing issues towards the last third of the game. But Infinite shines in its artistic direction, and really pulls you into its environment with so much rich attention toBioshock Infinite is a huge relief in an industry whose releases are saturated with non-inspired and recycled crap in order to make a buck or two. It's not perfect downsides include tedious looting, easy combat and some pacing issues towards the last third of the game. But Infinite shines in its artistic direction, and really pulls you into its environment with so much rich attention to detail. Columbia really is something to behold. The set pieces are massive and will leave you in constant awe of what you just saw. It's definitely on par with Bioshock 1 and might even edge itself ahead. Definite GOTY contender. You can't miss this one. Expand
  98. Mar 28, 2013
    If you're thinking to yourself "Meh, this is just another generic game" or something similar whoa, hold on. You didn't gave this game a chance at its entirety. I assure you will have extremely spectacular moments when playing this game. And for you guys who are currently seeking out for new solid challenges, be sure to play this game on hard difficulty. Also, if you have time to beat thisIf you're thinking to yourself "Meh, this is just another generic game" or something similar whoa, hold on. You didn't gave this game a chance at its entirety. I assure you will have extremely spectacular moments when playing this game. And for you guys who are currently seeking out for new solid challenges, be sure to play this game on hard difficulty. Also, if you have time to beat this game again, play on the infamous '1999 mode', which is the hardest difficulty level if you know the 'classic' konami code. This game is a must-have and definitely be on the list of top games of 2013. Expand
  99. Mar 26, 2013
    I know I gave it a 10, but nothing is perfect. That said, if I could, I'd give Bioshock: Infinite a 9.9 of 10. It's wonderful. Combat is frantic and organic, characters are intriguing and well-rounded (including Elizabeth, who will definitely be seen as one of the best game characters of all time in my eyes), and the story is deeply moving for both the characters and the player. If I had aI know I gave it a 10, but nothing is perfect. That said, if I could, I'd give Bioshock: Infinite a 9.9 of 10. It's wonderful. Combat is frantic and organic, characters are intriguing and well-rounded (including Elizabeth, who will definitely be seen as one of the best game characters of all time in my eyes), and the story is deeply moving for both the characters and the player. If I had a few nit-picks I'd say that the console graphics are weak and the game sometimes tries too hard to be deep, but because the levels were huge and the story succeeds in its depth (I had a little existential crisis), I'll give those flaws a major pass. Bioshock: Infinite is a perfect example for why games are a wonderful storytelling media, as well as a great source of entertainment. Expand
  100. Mar 27, 2013
    This is probably the best game that has ever been created, and this statement comes from a die-hard Half-Life fan (6 times through HL2 and episodes, 3x through HL1 and add-ons^^) who disliked first two BioShocks. In my opinion it tops any of that shooters by a LOT.

I have played many good games, but none of them have been as astonishing as BioShock Infinite was. The first seconds of the game already give away everything about it, they show how deeply philosophical that game is. These first seconds and minutes in the game made me feel like I was watching a classical movie by Fellini, Kubrick or Tarkovsky, and this feeling only grew to the middle of the game. I was absolutely astonished as I heard Mozart's Requiem as background music on one oft the game locations... honestly, how often do you hear classial music in a FPS?!

The content is not delivered straight in your hands you have to think about over all the information you notice; and the longer you think, the better you understand the game and the deeper the game seems. Nothing is explained, and you are free to go around and explore to find out what the hell is going on in that city. I spent half of the time on my first playthrough just taking screenshots; I was literally feeling like a tourist in a foreign city, with my jaw dropped. Every wall has something written on it, every note in this game has a meaning to it and somehow reflects Columbia's history or current events, or reveals Booker's or Elizabeth's story.

Elizabeth's AI is godlike, too. While I scavenged around she usually helped me but not always; sometimes she just leaned herself on a back of a chair or a wall, sometimes she was just adminring a beautiful view.

I feel like everyone should experience this game... it's just amazingly gorgeus and rich with content. Period.
  101. Mar 26, 2013
    Criticodubioso- All your reviews you give games zeros and 2s, you are not an objective reviewer. There are very few games that truly deserve a 2. You are an immature child and are why user rating on this site don't mean a god damn thing. Hmm a game that deserves a 2/10 would have to have almost no redeeming qualities at all. How did you even come to this score? The graphics suck? TheyCriticodubioso- All your reviews you give games zeros and 2s, you are not an objective reviewer. There are very few games that truly deserve a 2. You are an immature child and are why user rating on this site don't mean a god damn thing. Hmm a game that deserves a 2/10 would have to have almost no redeeming qualities at all. How did you even come to this score? The graphics suck? They surely don't some muddled textures, but very impressive overall, better than MOST PC ports. The gameplay sucks? Like what, are you talking about the extensive upgrade system, the cool innovative vigor powers, or the spinning hook that you grind people's heads off with? Or what about flying on rails and using vortexes to give you tactical advantage? Yeah that all sucks and is TERRIBLE I agree man. Or what about the terrible lackluster story that actually isn't unbearably corny for once and deals with real societal issues instead of just being terrible dialogue and a michael bay film like most action shooters..that really sucks too it's sure a 2/10 right?? I hate you, and every PC gamer like you, we are not all like this fa g g ot, but PC does seem to have an awful lot of elitist losers like this guy... Collapse

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]