BioShock Infinite PC

8.5

1. Sep 10, 2013
    One of the most loved games of 2013 it had an amazing (But confusing) Storyline I fell in love with all the characters it was as much fun as the first two games but together. It's worth every penny
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.YES? GOOD.GET IT NOW.
    YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.YES? GOOD.GET IT NOW.
    The story line is EXTREMELY COMPLEX. It will make your mind blow.There are multiple events all happening at the same time(You would not even realize it until the near end) and alot of mysterys that can only be solved by you,the player, thinking and processing what has been happening in Columbia(Bioshock's setting).YOU WILL NOT REGRET BUYING THIS GAME.Especially the next DLC coming up, Burial at Sea whereby it will TAKE YOU BACK TO RAPTURE(Setting of the first Bioshock game). Personally, I'd recommend you take a day off and play the entire game at one go,so as to not make you confused by the story as it will be alot of inferences that you will have to make.
  3. Sep 14, 2013
    Best Bioshock ever It beats up its previous sequels in all aspects mainly the graphics. The storyline was a whole bunch of wonders to explore. It was totally a new mesmerizing experience. The magic, weapons, were all amazing. The way we interact with Elizabeth was mind blowing. Great game!!! Best graphicssss!!!! Best gameeplay and everything!!!
  4. Sep 11, 2013
    A good game. However, the lack of purpose in completing the game is somewhat dis-satisfactory to me. I found my self completing the game, which was a good game, but after that, I'd never play it again because there is no reason to play it again unless you want all of the achievements, but I'm not the type that will play again for that I'm afraid.

A game would be nice! But in the end,

A game would be nice! But in the end, it's a good, solid game worthy of a 7 or 8, though I'm feeling generous and granting it with my 8 since I'm so nice and all.
  5. Sep 30, 2013
    This is a fantastic game, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone! If you have ever played a Bioshock game before and loved it then you will be enthralled. The style and art direction of this game, along with the music and story are absolutely outstanding. The game play is fun and exciting although I would recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty straight away as it allows forThis is a fantastic game, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone! If you have ever played a Bioshock game before and loved it then you will be enthralled. The style and art direction of this game, along with the music and story are absolutely outstanding. The game play is fun and exciting although I would recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty straight away as it allows for the most thinking and enjoyment throughout. A near perfect story I can't wait for the DLC burial at sea!

My only gripe is that there wasn't more! I would love more detailed background on the city and character, this stuff is very much existent but I feel like it could of played even better. Some of the AI characters you meet are not fully interactive, and they could of really added in a lot more side content. There is enough but just not that extra extra that would of made it 10!

I loved how now they have added the living world, which no longer requires all that imagination like in BIoshock 1 and 2 where rapture was a destroyed/ ruined environment already. The game really progresses quite well, but never really goes backwards.

[SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT] One part I loved but wish was expanded further, was a bar you get to walk in, kinda a side objective. Inside are all theses brutally murdered guys, soldiers and rebels. The place really tells a brilliant story of a fight and you can see the details in to how each man was killed and really imagine what happened. Too some extent you can piece together exactly what happened, especially if you find the nearby rebel hideout in the cellar. A couple cops walk in, discover the hideout and are brutally murdered, cops call backup and completely decimate the place You get to really picture what the place was like, and how it became so distraught and ruined. Even to the tiny detail of how each man was killed, wether with a knife over the counter from a bar man, to a bottle over the head. I love that you get the old tape recording, which really adds to the story there, of how this lieutenant was called up as backup, eventually being tortured and executed by rebels. One thing I sort of wished for however would be say you get to walk in this bar, see all of the described, and really get a picture of the place. Perhaps then when you go back through the area a second time you see that same place but now being cleaned up. Get some detective in whose analyzing what happened, have the player interact and help with the case, add more recordings and really make something of it. Maybe even a choice the player makes, a side to pick etc. They could even perhaps add lots of extras like this. This sort of thing does exist in the game, you do see changing environments, but they just aren't as dynamic as one could hope for or imagine, and they only occur on occasion with a few of the areas.

Never the less, this is definitely worth a 9/10, maybe even a 10/10. I loved this game and already cant wait to play it through a second time. Not before I play bioshock 1 & 2 again first. Thank you irrational games, you have delivered a truly exceptional experience!
  6. Sep 12, 2013
    This is truly a masterpeice, no joke... Like any other bioshock game, it delivers non stop with great detail where ever you look, this is a game you have to play before you die.
  7. Sep 16, 2013
    Game was beautiful though I never completed it because it just felt too repetitive and an "on-rail" feel. It is WAAAAAY overrated. It's good but not as good as they make it seem.
  8. Jun 8, 2014
    I can honestly say that this is my favorite game of all time. I can't even explain how good everything is about this, just play it. Worth the time and money, I swear.
    I will say that it does help to have played the original Bioshock first, it just makes the little things better, but it isn't necessary (although I would strongly suggest it!)
  9. Apr 21, 2014
    This is one of the most stunningly beautiful games I have ever played. The entire game is phenomenal in it's own regard. The story is in my opinion, one of the most amazing plots I've ever played in a game, or anything for that matter. The characters become real as you progress further into the game, and you really develop a connection to Booker and Elizabeth. The game play is fun, fast,This is one of the most stunningly beautiful games I have ever played. The entire game is phenomenal in it's own regard. The story is in my opinion, one of the most amazing plots I've ever played in a game, or anything for that matter. The characters become real as you progress further into the game, and you really develop a connection to Booker and Elizabeth. The game play is fun, fast, and difficult. This adventure is tough, and makes it challenging for the average game player. I highly recommend this game, especially when you have a PC that can really stretch it's legs and run this game on Ultra. Even if you can't play with it on Ultra, it's still a beautiful game on low. Thanks for reading my review! Expand
  10. Sep 28, 2013
    This game has left a lot of questions and emotions after I completed it.
    The plot is so dramatic and well-writen, it can compete with the most top-rated books from the New York Times' bestsellers list. It's like a puzzle that you try to solve during the entire game. Allegory and metaphor are all over the place, makes your mind think and analyze, not just shoot.
    Thoroughly developed main
    This game has left a lot of questions and emotions after I completed it.
    Thoroughly developed main characters are so likable, especially Elizabeth, you're going to empathize her from the first moments, and together with the excellent storyline your game experience becomes full of emotions. This is just like excellent thrilling book you read with all your attention. And when it comes to an end... Well... You will be blown away.
  11. Oct 8, 2013
    It's great, but not that great. Would have preferred it if they had shown his body instead of making it look awkward. Stuff like that only works in Call Of Duty and actual shooting games. Good try though
  12. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has blown me away. The (very) philosophical and psychological story-line is something that appealed greatly to me. The graphics were nice. Game-play was great and no part of the game felt like a chore to play. Unraveling truth throughout the adventure through different mediums is a very cool aspect, be it through "tears" or different audio or video clips found in Columbia, there is a lot of incentive to explore to find these things and to take time to search the map for these clues. Elizabeth was such an easy character to get attached to, her emotions had a nice realistic appeal to them, and she was always helpful and never got in the way. High-tension moments between Elizabeth and Booker were also very interesting to the story and kept some sense of distance between the two when they seemed to have been getting close. I just love everything about this game, and having come into this series playing this game first and not being a huge fps fan, saying that probably means a lot. If you haven't played it, you're missing out. This is the most solid 2013 release I have played, and I look forward to replaying it and exploring Columbia even more this time around. Expand
  13. Oct 15, 2013
    Just when I thought the series was getting worse after playing BioShock 2, They proved me wrong. This is the best BioShock so far! I would recommend to play the first one if you haven't already, either before or after Infinite doesn't matter as the original BioShock is set in a future timeline than Infinite.
  14. Oct 15, 2013
    With all of the below about to be said, this game is in my top 3 of all time:

Positive - One of the best storylines of all time - All around visually appealing - Excellent soundtrack (This coming from someone who usually doesn't give a damn about soundtracks) -Plenty of room for character development in the expansions. - Character depth leaves you connected to their fate.
    With all of the below about to be said, this game is in my top 3 of all time:

Positive

- One of the best storylines of all time
    - All around visually appealing
    -Plenty of room for character development in the expansions.
    - Character depth leaves you connected to their fate.
    Negatives

- On rail plot development
    - The FPS aspect of the game is sort of under developed

That's a brief of a crash course I think I could make about it. My personal opinion, play the game.
  15. Oct 21, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, however i really preferred the claustrophobic setting of rapture really and the Halo shield didn't really appeal to me however this is still a fantastic game with a good story
  16. Oct 21, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite's combat may not be flawless, but it's visual beauty and mind-blowing narrative completes the game. It's proven to be a savior of first-person shooters, and it succeeds in many narrative areas; mostly revolutionizing the storytelling. The design of Columbia is stunning and it's a work of art. So it's the fantastic story, proving us that games can be art.
    It may be an
    It may be an artistic game, but it also has an extremely fun gameplay, even though it has several flaws which aren't game-breaking, but they push the game for being revolutionary gameplay-wise. It can get repetitive at times, it lacks meaningful choices, and it has useless gear. Is it revolutionary? No, it isn't. But is it a satisfying game? Yes, indeed. It keeps the game interesting with the use of vigors and some additional mechanics such as the ability to open tears from another universe. And, who opens those tears? The revolutionary artificial intelligence, Elizabeth. She's a beautiful and helpful character, who never gets on your way. She'll help you finding coin, salt and ammo. What makes Infinite even more enjoyable is the creative enemy variation. Fighting patriots, handy men and other badass enemies who use vigors, is always a blast. And also the skylines are a fun mechanic.
    Is Bioshock Infinite the savior of first person shooter? Yes and no. It provides a revolutionary narrative and visual beauty, and a not very revolutionary yet satisfying gameplay. But, Infinite is a very special game. It's a work of art. (Final Score: 9.54)
  17. Nov 27, 2013
    AMAZING! This game has it all good story, good M rated content, good characters, and good graphics. The only thing that keeps it from a 10 is the gun play. Its bad. But other than that its a amazing game
  18. Oct 21, 2013
    A rare treat in both cinema style storytelling blending with the interactive media we've come to enjoy as one of our favorite past times. With incredible visuals, fantastic protagonists, and an ending that will be talked about for years to come, Bioshock Infinite feels and looks just as rewarding as it's predecessors before it (yes, even System Shock 2).
  19. Oct 24, 2013
    Simply best game ever, Bioshock Infinite is a game with a magnific scenario and a extraordinary gameplay. Elizabeth is thebest second caracther of all vidéo games, just love it, just buy it.
  20. Nov 11, 2013
    This game had a lot of hype going into its release, not only because of the ads that were put out but also because of how great the original bio shock was. This game more then lived up to the hype, I would go as far to say that it was under hyped. Improved game play (which the game play was already great). Amazing plot (even thought it was a tad too complicated). It provided such aThis game had a lot of hype going into its release, not only because of the ads that were put out but also because of how great the original bio shock was. This game more then lived up to the hype, I would go as far to say that it was under hyped. Improved game play (which the game play was already great). Amazing plot (even thought it was a tad too complicated). It provided such a wonderful experience for me that I was really sad when it was over. This was one of the best games I have ever/ will ever play. Expand
  21. Oct 26, 2013
    I am always impressed with the story telling ability of this video game company. They really can weave together a story between the 1st and 2nd games and this is rather engaging as well. Expect lots of shooting and first person type stuff.
  22. Oct 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a great game with a mesmerizing story with an intriguing city. The city is beautiful but is darkened by evil. This game is one you will remember for some time.
    Pros:Great story, interesting characters, and a beautiful setting
    Cons: The only con is that the combat feels out of place; it is fun but rather ridiculous given the story and setting. This game is certainly
    Pros:Great story, interesting characters, and a beautiful setting
    This game is certainly worth your money and you owe it to yourself to play it.
  23. Oct 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is gorgeous. The gameplay and mechanics are as good as ever. This entry into the series has replaced the eerie underwater environment with a circus sideshow representation of an annexed American "territory". The skyhook system is a fun addition even though it's slightly limited. There are some unnecessary plot devices though and the story opens a large can of worms thatBioshock Infinite is gorgeous. The gameplay and mechanics are as good as ever. This entry into the series has replaced the eerie underwater environment with a circus sideshow representation of an annexed American "territory". The skyhook system is a fun addition even though it's slightly limited. There are some unnecessary plot devices though and the story opens a large can of worms that future games may either benefit from or be destroyed by. I loved the game but I'm worried that they may have bitten off more than they can chew with the storyline. Expand
  24. Dec 4, 2013
    -One of the most immersive games I have ever played.
    -The plot is amazing.
    -The game looks stunning.
    -The gameplay is fresh and fun.

This is one of those games you think about it days later!
  25. Oct 31, 2013
    Bioshock 1 and 2 were great. Bioshock Infinite however, had a bit of a twist. Although I did enjoy all the scares in Bioshock 1 and 2, It lacked story and character development that Bioshock Infinite has. I loved this game, the story, and the charters. The immerse world that you, the lone protagonist is thrown into is BEAUTIFUL. Elizabeth was an amazing character, with great voice actingBioshock 1 and 2 were great. Bioshock Infinite however, had a bit of a twist. Although I did enjoy all the scares in Bioshock 1 and 2, It lacked story and character development that Bioshock Infinite has. I loved this game, the story, and the charters. The immerse world that you, the lone protagonist is thrown into is BEAUTIFUL. Elizabeth was an amazing character, with great voice acting and looked great; however her mechanic of giving you health and ammo when you were low was a bit too easy. Also the game overall was a little too easy, but if you are a true gamer you won't even try easy! It is overall an amazing game. A must have. Expand
  26. Nov 30, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles.
  27. Jun 11, 2014
    I can't find anything to complain about in this game besides the moneyhatting DLCs. The game is one of the best looking I've ever seen, it lasts about 10 hours in the main campaign. It is a riveting story which makes you feel like the characters are real people. Definitely worth the cost.
  28. Nov 2, 2013
    Este contenido va a los usuarios españoles o Latinos de Steam:

Primera aproximación: 9/10 [Excelente] Realmente es un juego que vale la pena jugar, la combinación de un sistema de juego bastante intuitivo y didáctico combinado con la siempre sorprendente y fascinadora historia con la que nos tiene acostumbrado Kevin Levin, donde aprenderemos las emotivas peripecias del protagonista
    Este contenido va a los usuarios españoles o Latinos de Steam:

Primera aproximación: 9/10 [Excelente]
    Realmente es un juego que vale la pena jugar, la combinación de un sistema de juego bastante intuitivo y didáctico combinado con la siempre sorprendente y fascinadora historia con la que nos tiene acostumbrado Kevin Levin, donde aprenderemos las emotivas peripecias del protagonista Booker Dewitt junto con la preciosa y enigmática Elisabeth, un dúo que va mas allá de lo que se ve a simple vista.
    Recomiendo jugar-lo en normal y el brillo en medio, el juego ya es oscuro en lugares determinados de por sí.

Jugabilidad: 7/10 [Notable]
    La rivalidad que me genera los controles tan sencillos y la intuitividad de las pelear hacen que me plantee como describir este juego:
    Los vigorizantes/plásmidos, son un recurso muy valido para las peleas, pero, no realmente necesario, el juego se puede pasar realmente fácil en modo normal sin utilizar ninguno de ellos.
    La sobresaturación de elementos en la pantalla (Humo, chispas, desgarros, etc....)combinado con un mapa que realmente tiene tantissimos detalles, hace que muchas veces, y de manera natural los enemigos se camuflen en el de manera inintencionada.
    La nulidad del efecto sigilo: No existe en este juego aún que en un apartado del juego te dice que puedes evitar disparar en algunos momentos; es mentira, el aggro de los enemigos es inmenso y a la vez, combinado con las situaciones donde se te obliga a passar por un puente custodiado, entrar a una casa llena, etc.... y la necessidad de ir con con Elisabeth, que va corriendo y paseando por todos los lados..... generan la nulidad de este elemento que a mi parecer daria bastante juego para una lucha del individuo para ahorrar sales y balas.
    *También he de destacar en este apartado que en muy pocas situaciónes los enemigos están situados por e entorno de manera que se pueda entender desde un punto de vista razonable: ¿Estan invadiendo los VOX POPULI y estan muchos de ellos subidos a tejados o en lugares donde es imposible que hicieran nada ahí..... ERRONIO.
    Como contrapartida abrumadora que hace que este juego para mi tenga un 7/10 es el sistema tan intuitivo y sencillo que corresponde a la gran variedad de armas y vigorizantes y la respuesta que generan estos en una batalla de "Tu contra el Barrio", la falta de sales continuamente, la falta de balas, la regeneración del escudo y la búsqueda de botiquines, son elementos que serian un estorbo demasiado grande que a mi entender dificultarían la curva de dificultad, sino fuera por la balanza de este juego: Elisabeth, ella te mantendrá provisto de aquello que requieras siempre y cuando estés en batalla y esperes el tiempo necesario.

Historia: 10/10 [Obra maestra]
    Esta historia de viajes en el tiempo, correlación con este, afección y personajes, malos que no son malos porque sí, buenos que han cometido pecados, es digna de la mejor película Hollybudiense, así que para evitar más spoilers me detengo con esta frase: "No eres lo que crees ser".

Entorno y gráficos y banda sonora: 10/10 [Obra maestra]
    No hay nada y repito NADA que parezca desencajar en este juego, hasta los "guiños" que se puedan hacer a los otros bioshock parece fusionar-se con la tematica de este, la música de cabaret, el diseño de la ciudad, la construcción de entornos para el apartado jugable y hasta la composición de los NPC a lo largod el juego, ya sea en personallidad, comportamiento y dialogos, ha echo que el juego imprima un sello de Bioshock en nuestras mentes, porque, cuando todos volvamos a escuchar las palabras: Vox populi, estirpe, profeta, progenie, y muchos mas, esoy seguro que nos vendrá un juego a la cabeza: BIOSHOCK INFINITE.

Muchas grácias a todos, Master gaia narrando.
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    The story, with its progression, complexity, depth and surprises is enough to earn this game a 10. On top of that, you get the bonus of great character development, interaction and voice acting, with a pile on of beautiful graphics, great sounds and music, tons of action and the ability to customize your combat and play style. And all of it is rounded off with a polish that most games areThe story, with its progression, complexity, depth and surprises is enough to earn this game a 10. On top of that, you get the bonus of great character development, interaction and voice acting, with a pile on of beautiful graphics, great sounds and music, tons of action and the ability to customize your combat and play style. And all of it is rounded off with a polish that most games are sorely lacking nowadays. Even though it is a stand alone, the game doesn't loose any of the feel from the original Bioshock. Playing through this game has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I that have had; there is literally nothing that was annoying or frustrating about the game. Play it for yourself it is well worth it. Expand
  30. Nov 4, 2013
    Fantastic aesthetic and excellent gameplay tied up by one of the best stories we will likely see this decade. Only issues arise in that some of the enemy encounters end up feeling like you are firing at a sponge until it falls over. This is not enough to significantly detract from the game however, and it's definitely one to play.
  31. Nov 6, 2013
    First off, don't kill me for this review, Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game and is definitely worth getting, but a 94? Really?
    Think about this:
    The gameplay is somewhat repetitive. They reused the same boss multiple times. Now the good stuff: This has some of the best graphics I have ever seen, and it even rivals Battlefield 4, but isn't anywhere near as taxing on my system.
    Think about this:
    The gameplay is somewhat repetitive.
    They reused the same boss multiple times.
    Now the good stuff:
    Then we have an amazing story that makes up for the disappointment of a story that Bioshock 2 was.
    BTW off topic, to protect Bioshock 2, a story like the first Bioshock couldn't have been beaten, except Bioshock Infinite beat it, but a story like that wouldn't have worked in Rapture.
    This game handles touchy topics like Xenophobia, racism, and sexism, and does it well.
    Overall, this game is pretty to look at, but if you want gameplay, try something else.
  32. Nov 8, 2013
    The best game of 2013.Storyline,gameplay,carefully formed characters and art elements are coming together in this amazing game.In my opinion this is a 10 out of 10 title...Nothing to want more from this game.Also the game is very very good optimized for PC even if it offers a very detailed environment of the entire Flying Columbia City.
  33. Nov 9, 2013
    Very good game with exceptional graphics and story! Good fun for about 10 or so hours! The only down side is that there is absolutely noting to do once you complete the game.
  34. Nov 10, 2013
    I was really expecting a great story to succeed the original. That did not happen for me, anyway. Not to say the storyline wasn't interesting or the ending wasn't a mind bending experience and took awhile (and a few replays) to grasp it properly. For me it just didn't induce the same feeling as with the conclusion of the first. That being said the gameplay was great, had some stellarI was really expecting a great story to succeed the original. That did not happen for me, anyway. Not to say the storyline wasn't interesting or the ending wasn't a mind bending experience and took awhile (and a few replays) to grasp it properly. For me it just didn't induce the same feeling as with the conclusion of the first. That being said the gameplay was great, had some stellar graphics and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. Expand
  35. Dec 26, 2013
    An extremely fun and exciting game! The middle of the game does get a bit slow, but the ending will have you mind blown. You will probably be unable to function properly a couple days post game completion. Yeah, it's THAT good! I totally recommend this to everyone.
  36. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is, simply put, overrated. To be fair, the graphics are strong, the world design is excellent and original and the shooting gameplay is tight and time-tested.

However... This game's story is incoherent and doesn't gel with the gameplay mechanics at all. You could say this game exhibits a strong ludo-narrative dissonance. Why are vending machines solely doling out bullets

However...

This game's story is incoherent and doesn't gel with the gameplay mechanics at all. You could say this game exhibits a strong ludo-narrative dissonance. Why are vending machines solely doling out bullets and health in this world? Why are all the power-ups simply used to kill people and mess them up? Oh, no reason, just because it's a gameplay feature that serves the fact that this is a SHOOTER. All immersion in the world is broken by constant gameplay reiterations that this is a shooter and the world is meant to serve the gameplay, rather you or the game serving the purpose of the world. This approach feels like a huge missed opportunity, given the inspired world design.

I also feel like the designers wanted to throw a lot of different elements into this stew, (rail-to-rail combat, an AI companion, the girl-in-a-tower trope, a floating city, time travel, the Chicago World's Fair), but didn't know how to make it all work, so they took blatant narrative shortcuts and used them as duct-tape to hold the whole concept together. I'm all for games having crazy out-there stories and non-coherent plots, but it's hard to 'buy-in' to the game world when it's intentions as a linear first-person shooter are so blatant, no matter how much gloss and pedigree is involved.

I was disappointed with several other facets of this game, too. While the leads are well-written and acted, the supporting cast are uniformly one-note cartoons. In a game that explores racism in post-slavery America, I feel like the game touches on these themes ham-fistedly and with none of the nuance that was anticipated. The social commentary of this game felt hollow, too much a secondary sideshow where it could have filtered into the gameplay with more potency. All the racist advertisements and slogans in the game can't hide the fact no matter what happens, none of the racism impacts YOU you're the a superhuman caucasian meat-head with a gun, and that's never going to change.

The level design, while excellent in technical and artistic terms, is frustratingly linear as opposed to Bioshock and SS2 and their more organic approaches to world building. This is not a functioning city, it's just a huge set piece for you to blow ish up. The final levels show more confidence with spatial logic and flow, but the first 2/3 of the game are very much 'go in a straight wide twisty line.' To its credit, the level designers are very good with hidden areas and secrets, but it feels like a tease compared to the nooks and crannies of Bioshock and SS2.

I will say, taken purely as a shooter, BSI is great. A large variety of weapons, enemies to fight, spatial and tactical challenges, are deployed with a strong sense of confidence and creativity. At first I was pretty miffed that there was no way to 'die' in the game. It's very much the Bioshock Prey approach, where you simply respawn, lose some health and bullets and the enemies stay where they are. This sort of approach made me feel like I was constantly just grinding my way forward with very little sense of stakes, but I didn't really mind as the encounters were never terribly challenging to begin with (even on Hard difficulty). I did not play on 1999 mode.

Bottom line, I recommend this game with some caveats. It's a strong, interesting shooter with a story and concept whose reach exceeds its grasp. I'll reiterate it felt like a lot of different ideas were tossed into the mix and barely held together. I acknowledge that there's a lot of fan speculation on the plot, with flowcharts and theories, and in hindsight, that's all pretty impressive, but it also feels like the game added narrative complexity to mask a lack of fundamental cohesion to all the concepts that were being tossed (literally) in the air. Still, if you accept that, kick back and keep the hype chamber in check, you'll have a solid good time.

-g
  37. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The environments are amazing, character models are amazing, and everything looks fantastic. 10.

Sound: Professional voice acting, beautiful in game themes, the sounds transition perfectly in each fight, in meeting new characters. 10. Gameplay: Fun exploration, combat is challenging, new gameplay aspect: riding the skyline. Skills/abilities which add more flavor to the

Gameplay: Fun exploration, combat is challenging, new gameplay aspect: riding the skyline. Skills/abilities which add more flavor to the combat. Tough enemies that require some strategy, while others are just run and gun. Disappointed there wasn’t any big impact like the big daddies in the first Bioshock. I expected to get a boss fight against that big mechanical bird, or at least something of that size or nature that would be challenging, but there wasn’t. It’s a game with a set of choice on exploration or linearity, or both. 9.0

Story: The overall structure of the story is great, the way its told, how its told as you play is amazing. Characters that are very appealing which adds emotion to the game. The only issue I had was with the ending. I did enjoy it but it is no doubt, and can definitely be confusing. The good thing about the ending leaves fans for discussion which created more detail views on wiki about the game’s ending. Its more focused on delivering a story that isn’t straight forward which is great, but it could have done so in a less confusing way. 9.5.

Replay Value: Personally I don’t see much replay value after the first playthrough unless you’re into collectibles/achievements. Other than that the game is long, at least it felt long, and it’s definitely worth playing. 8.5.

Overall Score: 9.4 out of 10.
  38. Nov 19, 2013
    I really like this BioShock, the characters are great and the story too, the graphics are good, great gameplay, but the point of BioShock Infinite are the characters and the plot. 10/10 Irrational Games were so creative with the end of the Game!
  39. AOG
    Nov 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Amazingame"
    awesome game, gorgeous graphics, engaging story from beginning to end and that end, words fail to express the opportunity to play it.....
  40. Nov 19, 2013
    A very enjoyable game. The story is very engaging and makes you want to continue playing for the whole duration. I have yet to play 1999 mode, but it adds replayability to the game. Overall the story is rather linear (I tend to like to have some choice), but it is fun and the action is intense.
  41. Jul 31, 2014
    Considering all the loads of terrible FPS titles in recent years and my bad experience with previous Bioshock titles, I was really pleasantly surprised that Bioshock: Infinite is an excellent story-driven FPS. Hype is again pretty over the top as it always is with Bioshock series, but Infinite is definitely the best piece of the trilogy that I had by far the most fun playing through. Is itConsidering all the loads of terrible FPS titles in recent years and my bad experience with previous Bioshock titles, I was really pleasantly surprised that Bioshock: Infinite is an excellent story-driven FPS. Hype is again pretty over the top as it always is with Bioshock series, but Infinite is definitely the best piece of the trilogy that I had by far the most fun playing through. Is it linear, mainstream etc.? Yes, it still is, but it is extremely well done and I appreciate the effort. 8/10 Expand
  42. Nov 21, 2013
    Although the game is pretty and the fighting interface reasonably good, I disliked that the game was movie-like in its linearity and provided very little gameplay time (about 16 hours if you slowly explore every nook and cranny in the game, but half that time at a normal pace). There is very little interactivity. If you try to walk in a different direction than you are supposed to go forAlthough the game is pretty and the fighting interface reasonably good, I disliked that the game was movie-like in its linearity and provided very little gameplay time (about 16 hours if you slowly explore every nook and cranny in the game, but half that time at a normal pace). There is very little interactivity. If you try to walk in a different direction than you are supposed to go for the main story line, there is nothing going on--no sidequests, no perks to pick up, no interaction with the world at all. What's the point in playing a game if you are just going through a script of motions pre-selected by someone else? This would have been better as a movie. Expand
  43. Nov 21, 2013
    As soon as the teaser came out i was giddy and quite frankly embarrassed at how excited i was with the original teaser yet still i was curious as to how they were going to beat the first two games... Being a huge fan of the original 2 games (my favourite being 1) i was so hyped for this. I was disappointed. i couldn't wait for the amazing blend of survival horror that the first two broughtAs soon as the teaser came out i was giddy and quite frankly embarrassed at how excited i was with the original teaser yet still i was curious as to how they were going to beat the first two games... Being a huge fan of the original 2 games (my favourite being 1) i was so hyped for this. I was disappointed. i couldn't wait for the amazing blend of survival horror that the first two brought changing the whole FPS industry in the process and i was keen to see the similar style of gameplay brought to honestly what is one of the most beautiful in game worlds their is... ever. and again i was disappointed. the gameplay is amazing... if your an avid fan of strange tower defence FPS hybrids; however, if you are like me (a complete survival horror nerd) then don't buy this game for the gameplay! it has many irritatingly difficult waves of endless enemies, which you only need your shotgun and sniper for.... speaking of which they are extremely OP there is no need to use any other gun in the game... NOT A SPOILER The ending will mess with your head so much you will implode, and also kinda be like... "that's it?" "seriously?" well okay then i gave it a 6 simply because all that being said it is still an amazing game with an amazing story/world/style/voice acting and probably the best AI companion... ever. Expand
  44. May 11, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite totally met my expectations. You start a game as a not so well prospering detective Booker Dewitt with a simple task to bring kidnapped girl back to home from flying(?) city. The more you play the less you really know what the hell is really happening in this idyll in the sky. Irrational Games did extreme job so you can fall in love with two main characters. AndBioshock Infinite totally met my expectations. You start a game as a not so well prospering detective Booker Dewitt with a simple task to bring kidnapped girl back to home from flying(?) city. The more you play the less you really know what the hell is really happening in this idyll in the sky. Irrational Games did extreme job so you can fall in love with two main characters. And everything ends with the jaw-dropping and mind-blowing ending. The only negative I can find is kind of simple enemy AI with for ex. limited area they can chase you, but this game is not much about fighting. Story, beautifully crafted graphics and an enormous focus on details around the Bioshock Infinite mystery will give you a solid campaign experience you will not forget for a long time. Expand
  45. Nov 25, 2013
    Good game, but the story is over-praised its actually quite baggy, convoluted and a little predictable, and the gameplay can get very repetitive and linear at times. Again, its a good game, but perhaps the most overrated game since metal gear solid 2.
  46. Dec 1, 2013
    First off let me explain that I've been a gamer for more than 20 years and I have never written a review once. That being said, this game has blown my mind. I have seen a lot of reviews saying that this game is overrated yet most of those reviews have given it a pretty high score. After playing the game all the way through I have experienced emotions that I didn't know I had. It startsFirst off let me explain that I've been a gamer for more than 20 years and I have never written a review once. That being said, this game has blown my mind. I have seen a lot of reviews saying that this game is overrated yet most of those reviews have given it a pretty high score. After playing the game all the way through I have experienced emotions that I didn't know I had. It starts off fun, you meet your ally who I started out thinking I would be annoyed with. As I continued through the game I fell in love with. Not only was she not an Achilles heel, she was a blessing in disguise. This made the game fun and brought about an emotional attachment as she was actually insightful, intriguing, and genuinely interesting. Because of that it kept me interested and let me have fun through the entire game. BUT the reason why this game pushed me to write a review was because of fruition at the end that brought it all together. It was ended up being an emotion roller coaster that I will never forget. Irrational games has a place in my heart for the rest of my life. I'm in awe over what they accomplished and I'm excited to see what else they can do.

Past that there is one thing that I believe could alienate a lot of people:
    STRONG religious undertones!
  47. Dec 3, 2013
    bioshock infinite is one of my top 5 games, the soundtrack, story, graphics are just incredible. the gameplay maybe is a bit boring but it doesn't change my opinion. this game has the best ending i have ever seen. if you have a pc or any console you should play this game. this game worth it
  48. Dec 9, 2013
    This game has the best and most mind-blowing ending of any game I've ever experienced if you understand it. This on top of near perfect gameplay, challenge, and progression and you're looking at an all-in-one experience. If I would have one complaint, however, it would be that this game strays so far from the original Bioshock titles. The fact that you have to choose two weapons instead ofThis game has the best and most mind-blowing ending of any game I've ever experienced if you understand it. This on top of near perfect gameplay, challenge, and progression and you're looking at an all-in-one experience. If I would have one complaint, however, it would be that this game strays so far from the original Bioshock titles. The fact that you have to choose two weapons instead of carrying eight was so foreign to me after just recently playing the last two, and the new plasmids (now called "vigors") have a huge amount of flexibility which almost feel over-powered. Overall, this game is a must have for anyone looking to mentally connect to an intense, artful, and mind-blowing gaming experience. Expand
  49. Dec 4, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. This is my personal Game of The Year this far along with "The Stanley Parable". This game innovated everything that made the first "Bioshock" so damn good, and made a masterpiece with a touching and innovative story, great gameplay and combat, interesting characters and it offers 9 hours of gameplay trough the entire experience. Everything about this game isThis game is a masterpiece. This is my personal Game of The Year this far along with "The Stanley Parable". This game innovated everything that made the first "Bioshock" so damn good, and made a masterpiece with a touching and innovative story, great gameplay and combat, interesting characters and it offers 9 hours of gameplay trough the entire experience. Everything about this game is just wonderful! The grapich and the style... This game is a truly masteroiece. One of the best games ever made! Expand
  50. Dec 4, 2013
    If I could choose a game of the year, I would choose this one. Now I know I haven't played every game out there and for all I know there could be a game way better than this one, but i haven't found it yet. Bioshock Infinite continues the franchise's amazing gameplay and story, adding to that even more beautiful graphics and pushing the previously mentioned gameplay and story to limitsIf I could choose a game of the year, I would choose this one. Now I know I haven't played every game out there and for all I know there could be a game way better than this one, but i haven't found it yet. Bioshock Infinite continues the franchise's amazing gameplay and story, adding to that even more beautiful graphics and pushing the previously mentioned gameplay and story to limits rarely seen in the gaming world. The element of Elizabeth in gameplay might get some skeptical remarks, but it is one of the best companion AI's I've ever seen. Elizabeth passes you health, money, and salts (used for spell-like powers for those of you new to Bioshock) while all throughout the game staying out of your way. You never have to worry about Elizabeth dying or blocking a crucial shot. The story contains references to past games as well as amazing plot twists that will leave your mind questioning itself.

Please buy this game.
  51. Dec 15, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is art. If it is not, then do not know what could be. The graphics, the neoclassical architecture consistent with the 1912 period, the music and its performance, the joke with music and tears where you could see part of a past future and how all this is presented in the game is sublime. And moreover, remains a game with plenty of action, with the player in control. JustBioshock Infinite is art. If it is not, then do not know what could be. The graphics, the neoclassical architecture consistent with the 1912 period, the music and its performance, the joke with music and tears where you could see part of a past future and how all this is presented in the game is sublime. And moreover, remains a game with plenty of action, with the player in control. Just do not give a score of 10 because of some bugs, like what happened once, preventing an scripted event from happening and to progress in the game, and the way everything is solved with violence. Expand
  52. Dec 19, 2013
    Loved this game. The environment was very immersive, and the storyline was engaging. The character of Elizabeth drew you in and created a great emotional engagement that made the last portion of the game very intense. Like playing a good book.
  53. Dec 25, 2013
    Among the top tier of games. The visuals are the best i've seen in years. Beautiful art direction. The story is one of the most intriguing i've played in a long time, although it was sometimes a challenge to follow. Sound is superb, as is the animation.

However, my only gripe is several gameplay problems. One boss in particular was very poorly designed *SLIGHT SPOILER* (the ghost boss). Fighting it truly was a chore and not fun in the slightest, and multiple instances of the same fight seemed completely unnecessary. Surely they could have traded that idea for another enemy in the game...

Regardless, gameplay was fun, but got stale between plot points quicker than it should have. Setting that aside, this is truly a masterpiece and one of the best of this generation. I have a hard time deciding which Bioshock (first or Infinite) I thought was truly better.
  54. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a fresh breath of air from the last games. while some things have gotten changed i think it is for the better. I also think that this is one of those games that perfects escort missions since the are more as an asset than a roadblock. the last 2 games had a more lonely and solitary feeling to the games with few interesting caracters this one is full of colour and interesting caracters. while the game is not perfect i really recommend any Bioshock fan to give it a shot. and hopefully the upcoming DLC will be just as good as the game itself. Expand
  55. Jan 1, 2014
    There are few games that makes me glad to play them without knowing anything about the story. Action packed, beautiful environment, I had to play on low graphical settings, and it still looked amazing. The story is subtle to begin with, and as the story progresses it picks up with such amazing twist and turns I didn't want to stop playing.
  56. Jan 2, 2014
    The game itself was a great game with a great story, however I found that parts of it was ripped of from earlier games (especially the start). You can see that the developers put lots of time and effort into the game even if the graphics aren't top notch. Another great game by 2k
  57. May 20, 2014
    New world to explore, beautiful world, but while the story and plot are better then what we experienced in Bioshock 2, its not even close to the original game and has many obvious flaws, but for some reason most people don't notice those flaws.
    But the real problem is the gameplay that doesn't makes sense with the story and the plot and is a huge downgrade from the previous games. Extremely linear, brainless, simple, it has backtracking, many enemies (especially bosses) are there just for the sake of it and have nothing to do with the story and weren't designed well at all, Vigors (the games' alternative for Plasmids) also make no sense in this world and half of them are mostly pointless, some weapons feel weak and you can only hold two of them (no it doesn't make shooting more tactical), and its too easy.
  58. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Game is beautiful, the voice acting is great, especially by Troy Baker, the story really makes you think, and doesn't have the weak ending that Bioshock 1 and 2 had, the gameplay is ok, but this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  59. Jan 16, 2014
    Amazing, unbelievable and fun. The art looks like it was made by saints and the story by unknown divine beings. If you don't like this game then you are probably one of those dota players that live in a bubble. After finishing it for like 7 times I will continue doing so until a better game gets released. Definitely my favourite title for a very long time.
  60. Aug 8, 2014
    This game is amazing. The the graphic is very good. The storyline is good. The gameplay is very good with fps, vigor, and unique gun. You must try this game.
  61. Nov 28, 2014
    It's a cool game. Guns are fun, "spells" are fun and definitely challenging enough mixing both.
    Bioshock was cool because of the theme.
    The theme here doesn't feel as new, too much of a caricature.
    But when you get what's really going on in terms of story.. yea, that's worth it.
  62. Feb 21, 2014
    It's come to my attention that people giving this game the red scores either are just hating, or don't know how to use the ratings properly.

I liked Infinite,and I can't quite grasp where the hate's coming from. Game of the year? No, not by any means. A good game during the year? Yeah, that's more like it. I liked the different take on the idea of "A man and a lighthouse", and story

I liked the different take on the idea of "A man and a lighthouse", and story wise, the game was okay. Though...what were they deconstructing again? Well, perhaps that wasn't the focus of Infinite; maybe they were focusing more on the alternate universe ideas than deconstructing an idea.

Gameplay wise I liked it. Thank God they had a plasmid wheel, unlike 2. Though what's up with the "Only two weapons" BS? I liked being able to have all the guns and the freedom doing so gave me; here it just feels like I'm being restricted. Gear was an interesting concept, but kinda eh. Maybe it was just the types I got on my play through, since I hear Gear is randomized each time you go through. Vigors were another thing I wasn't 100% fond of, using mainly Murder of Crows and Shock Jockey, though from what I've played so far in 1999 mode, I might be relying on them more. Infusions were a nice way to also put in RPG elements into the series; these give you the ability to increase either Health, Salts (EVE, basically) or a Shield.

The set pieces were nice, even on a lower graphics card. I've seen pictures and videos of it on higher settings and good Lord, it's a nice looking game.

All in all, if you're a fan of the BioShock series check it out. It's not The Best, but it's not The Worst either.
  63. Feb 22, 2014
    Really enjoying this game. Great art and music that's fully integrated into the narrative. The skyline is fun. Some of the PC controls (o for inventory/game play menu?) are hidden and not intuitive. Downsides for me are no stealth mode and few player choices. I think this reviewer sums up the good and bad really well.Really enjoying this game. Great art and music that's fully integrated into the narrative. The skyline is fun. Some of the PC controls (o for inventory/game play menu?) are hidden and not intuitive. Downsides for me are no stealth mode and few player choices. I think this reviewer sums up the good and bad really well. http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2013/04/17/bioshock-infinite-10-things-it-got-wrong/1 Expand
  64. Feb 22, 2014
    I consider myself a hardcore gamer. I do not like games that aren't **** brilliant. This game is so good I don't even know where to begin. I played it on one of the lowest graphics available, it still had one of the best graphics I have ever seen. The story is almost as good as the story in Oblivion, Ocarina of time, Suidoken etc. People that say that the story in this game is bad areI consider myself a hardcore gamer. I do not like games that aren't **** brilliant. This game is so good I don't even know where to begin. I played it on one of the lowest graphics available, it still had one of the best graphics I have ever seen. The story is almost as good as the story in Oblivion, Ocarina of time, Suidoken etc. People that say that the story in this game is bad are RETARDED. I'm not even trying to be funny. They much REALLY have a low IQ. This story is so **** complex and amazing that I am now(2 hours after completing the game) still in a **** chock of wonder. The story is, although, very complex. I had to go online for explaination because so much of the story was thrown at you in the last 15 minutes of the game. That, and the "lack of story" throughout the mid-part of the game ares two of the reasons im giving it a 9. Another thing that is mindblowing are all the small details of the story. The story is so incredibly well-written that I'm actually stunned by it's depth. Although I donwloaded this game(I wouldn't have if I knew how good it was) I higly recommend you buying it. If you regret it, you are probably retarded and should stick to **** games, e.g CoD like the rest of the 12 year olds. Expand
  65. Aug 6, 2014
    Just a very good game. Nice story, interesting enviroment, graphic on good level. Buy and play, no regret. Just a bit too many brainless shooting scenes, sometimes, which kill climate of this series. Above all - there's no way to be bored with game.
  66. Feb 25, 2014
    i mean you can not say that is was a bad game anyway this was the best best game i have ever played wonderful story awesome ending and you are just bioshocked when it ends!
  67. Mar 6, 2015
    I started this the very moment it came out, and only finished it now, almost 2 years later.. at around 80% I stopped playing for a while. I now regret not having pulled through immediately, WHAT an ending. Very good game, lots of awesome views, Elizabeth is just unique, and well.. It fully lives up to Bioshock 2 and 1.

Still just 9 / 10 and not 10 / 10, some passages were way too

Still just 9 / 10 and not 10 / 10, some passages were way too shooter-focused, I would have traded a bit less combat with a bit more story / talks at some points.

Go play it.
  68. May 27, 2014
    One of the best games I've played in my life. Bioshock Infinite may be confusing (not for me) sometimes, but it story is perfect. Graphics? Nearly perfects. Gameplay? That's what I call FPS. The details, every character is unique, especially Elizabeth. Super interactive and a beautiful character, she's what gave life to the game.
    I love Bioshock Infinite, the symbol of the generation.
  69. Mar 29, 2014
    Great idea, great design, great graphics. It is just let down by uninvolving gameplay. Just a series of go here and press F, then go here and press F. Oh what it might have been...
  70. Mar 16, 2015
    Kill all the racists!

Pros: The gameplay represents what First Person Shooters are all about, fast paced action with all sorts of crazy abilities and weapons. Infinite gets this perfectly in addition with decent control. The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at
    Kill all the racists!

Pros:
    The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at around every corner.
    The story that is told in Infinite is incredible. While the plot itself is fairly simple: "Bring us the girl, wipe away the debt", its the interactions and the facial animations that bring the game to life. The voice acting is also very believable and really invested me in the game.
    There are a few themes that are covered in this game, for example, racism and religion. I felt like these were covered quite well. In fact, because of a racist part in the beginning, my other personal objective was to kill EVERYONE as I believed them all to be racist.

BioShock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played and was definitely my Game of the Year in 2013. It was also the first game I played that I applauded. :D

71. Jul 23, 2014
    only two issues:

number of guns and difficulty getting the upgrades right for the weapons I wanted

story got a dlc expansion, but, I'm not bothering with that.
  72. Mar 27, 2014
    With far less emphasis on level design compared to bioshock1, bioshock infinite is all about the story and the characters gameplay is watered down with the choice of carrying only two weapons like most of those generic mediocre military shooters on the market. But the vigors/plasmids, the beautiful city of Colombia on the unreal 3 engine and Elizabeth is what makes infinite worth playing.
  73. Apr 1, 2014
    German ;) : Seit langem mal wieder ein Shooter, der Storymäßig und Atmospherisch unter die aut geht. Vor allem die Liebe zum Detail, die Lebendigkeit der Welt, welche vom Setting her so unverbraucht wie kaum etwas anderes ist (Eine Fliegende Strahlende Stadt über den Wolken im Jahre 1912, durchdrungen von Prunk, Technik, Korruption, Irrglauben und revolutionären Gedanken und einem HauchGerman ;) : Seit langem mal wieder ein Shooter, der Storymäßig und Atmospherisch unter die aut geht. Vor allem die Liebe zum Detail, die Lebendigkeit der Welt, welche vom Setting her so unverbraucht wie kaum etwas anderes ist (Eine Fliegende Strahlende Stadt über den Wolken im Jahre 1912, durchdrungen von Prunk, Technik, Korruption, Irrglauben und revolutionären Gedanken und einem Hauch Magie und Paranormalem), macht dieses Spiel zu etwas unvergleichbaren. Lediglich der moderne Ansatz den Spieler zu lange am Leben zu lassen macht Spielspaßtechnisch einem Shooter-Fan der alten Schule hier einen leichten Strich durch die Rechnung .... Trotzdem 11/10 Punkten ;D Expand
  74. Apr 27, 2014
    Thought this game was amazing. Beat it from dusk to dawn. Gameplay was a bit repetitive but going through plots of the story was a blast. There were memorable moments and the voice acting and characters were spot-on.
  75. May 2, 2014
    +Stunning graphics
    +Damn fine story
    +A.I Companion is not a burden to you +GEARS! WOOOOO! +1999 mode - Loved it! +Huge amount of Easter Eggs and Secrets -Generic shooting mechanics -Vigors isn't useful than the plasmids from the original bioshock -R.I.P Irrational Games *Ken Levine got fired* -Less Exploring than the original. -Scavenging isn't a priority since you can just but
    +Stunning graphics
    +Damn fine story
    +A.I Companion is not a burden to you
    +GEARS! WOOOOO!
    +1999 mode - Loved it!
    +Huge amount of Easter Eggs and Secrets

-Generic shooting mechanics
    -Vigors isn't useful than the plasmids from the original bioshock
    -R.I.P Irrational Games *Ken Levine got fired*
    -Less Exploring than the original.
    -Scavenging isn't a priority since you can just but ammo on vendos
  76. May 11, 2014
    BioShock Infinite is undoubtedly a fun game. It's setting allows for incredible gunfights that almost never get boring. It's compelling story keeps it from being another generic shooter. I's art style is incredible, making the already good game even better.
    But it does have flaws.
    But it does have flaws.
    The game only provides around 10 hours of fun. There seems to be choice, but in reality all your choices are insignificant. While this isn't a big problem for your first play through, it removes all replay value. The game completely abandoned the city of Rapture, Big Daddies, and the dark atmosphere of the other games, which made it feel less like a BioShock game than it should have. You can only hold two weapons at a time, which is a problem for some people. (Not for me; I felt like it added to the experience, but what do I know?) Lastly, there's the issue of the ending. I won't spoil it, but let me say it was probably the deepest ending to a game in human history. IF you could understand it. Missing even single lines of speech can make the ending too confusing to understand. Once you do understand it though, prepare to have your mind blown.
    Now I know it seems like I'm hating on this game, but I really already described all of it's flaws. It's definitely worth your $20.
  77. May 21, 2014
    I still have no idea why this games scores so high with the critics. The environment is great, but the plot has many holes, the story moves at a snail's pace, and the gameplay is pretty average. Feels like a step back from the first two.
  78. May 28, 2014
    This game in my opinion is the best game of the best franchise of the generation. So just go buy it now it is well worth it. The story is amazing and complex but in a good way I don't know of any other games that touch on such deep and interesting theory and morals and then there is the ending which I won't go into because it is the best twist of any game story I know of it was worthThis game in my opinion is the best game of the best franchise of the generation. So just go buy it now it is well worth it. The story is amazing and complex but in a good way I don't know of any other games that touch on such deep and interesting theory and morals and then there is the ending which I won't go into because it is the best twist of any game story I know of it was worth playing it just for the ending but there is also so much more. Next up are the characters and the world. All of the main characters are amazingly deep and the best of these being Booker and Elizabeth both of which are amazingly voiced. Elizabeth in particular is astounding just the sheer effort and time put it her is amazing and all of this makes her one of the best and most likable characters in gaming. Last but by no means least is the environments and world as a whole it is simply stunning, the concepts and the way it is presented in its unique graphical style just blend together to create one of the most beautiful alive world's of any video game. All of this is backed up by solid game play that is fun fast and unique thanks to the addition of vigors, sky lines and tears. I can't recommend this game enough as it is one of my favourite games I have ever played just go out and play it you won't regret it and it will change the way you look at video games forever. Expand
  79. Jun 4, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is good game which offers a interesting complex story explaining the multiple universes concept which presents theories about time travel and such, but fails with repetitive gameplay mechanics. The graphics and the atmosphere is unique and appealing but the game play mechanics gets a bit bored because the game is quite long.

I do not find the storytelling like a

I do not find the storytelling like a masterpiece like others but I still think they made the story interesting for most, but I am not fond of unrealistic theories that are a bit complex for some, so that might be a reason why I do not consider this to be a masterpiece in terms of story telling.

The story telling of this game is dependent of you having to collect all audio files and also be aware of small details that could explain parts of the story. So it is a good game but it is not a great game or a masterpiece, and absolutely not a game of the decade like most biased Bioshock-fans claim. I still recommend the game because it might be a very interesting and complex story for some but I am sure the repetitive game play can still be boring at times.
  80. Jun 5, 2014
    gameplay storyline characters graphics bit to bit adrenaline pumping and exciting a great relief from the fps games. gotta be the game of year 2014. awaiting eagerly for the next edition
  81. Jun 6, 2014
    Unforgettable game with awesome gameplay and breathtaking story. Its atmosphere, story and gameplay mixed together simply make an perfect game.

+ The greatest game story i have ever knew
    + Incredible atmosphere
    + Good gameplay and combat
    + Good voice acting and sound effects
    + Beautiful graphics

The most unforgettable game experience EVER!
  82. Jun 6, 2014
    with Elizabeth, you can travel fantastic world!
    the fight system was little bit not good, (you can only use few gun)
    but beautiful story and character are make you feel nice
  83. Jun 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock infinite is a new concept, a new theme, a new story, a new city. Not only that, the city of Colombia is rich, meaning that it is alive with it's NPCs. Colombia was an amazing place to explore, and know the story and background of it. You play as Booker Dewitt, a gambler who is in debt, on getting the mysterious girl from the flying city. That girl is Elizabeth, and she is a unique character in videogame history. She has a personality, more than "I HAVE BOOBS AND I AM A GIRL" She interacts with the player; by throwing helpful things to you; ammo, weapons and first aid kits. And also the story is amazing and clever. also *spoilers* it has a shocking turn of events, and explains the hole concept of the game.

So far this game is Game of the Year 2013, such an amazing product from Ken Levine (he never disappoints)
    9.5/10
  84. Aug 10, 2015
    Amazing Fps game that stay true to the promise of the genre to which it belongs, good gameplay and story. Somebody say the graphic is not so good etcc.... WHO CARES, please stop to focus on graphics, push the software company to enrich the game itself and not the embellishments.
  85. Jun 24, 2015
    What an amazing comeback to the BioShock series. BioShock Infinite is a beautiful game and instead of taking you into the depths of Rapture, now it is up in the skies of Columbia!

The story is brilliant with its plot twists, loop holes, truths spilling out right in front of you! Ken Levine (the writer of the BioShock series) has really brought the house down with BioShock Infinite's storytelling

The graphics, are beautiful! Once again I have to say the developers did it again with the opening! One of the most beautiful and amazing openings I have seen in a game, entering Columbia's pathways made me feel like I was part of Columbia and if in the future someone does come up with this idea, I'm all in! Your side companion, Elizabeth is actually the only side companion I actually enjoyed staying with, she will look for ammo and health as well as salts to help you whilst you are shooting your way through the tons of enemies the game throws at you

The skyline, what an amazing ride it was! Riding on the skyline was one of the most enjoyable bits I enjoyed in the game. Although a bit hard to master at first, you will soon get the hang of it! The Songbird, holy ♥♥♥♥, this massive bird that you see half way through the game is absolutely terrifying! With its loud screech and creepy eyes, it will surely send shivers down you're spine when you meet the Songbird for the first time! The Boy of Silence, one of the most terrifying bits in the game. And especially that bit! (People who have played the game, you know what I mean!)

Return to Rapture, although you never see Rapture until half way through the game, it makes me happy to see it back once again. Also note that Big Daddies and Little Sisters are non-existent in this game.

The game does take a dark side to it, the game unlike it predecessor deals with racism, discrimination, extreme religion and very serious and mature hot topics which involves the White race having all the fun whilst the Black race and other "lowlifes" that are in the slum areas of Columbia be treated like dirt, which some people may find offensive. Also some people may find the violence to be a little too graphic and may find it disturbing to watch/play

I hardly noticed any glitches or bugs, the only bug I encountered with was half way through the game, whilst rowing to a lighthouse the audio of the rowing paddles with the water were glitching out a bit and making a loud water sound effect muffling all the other voice actors

This game is absolutely brilliant and it is a big change from what was in BioShock and BioShock 2 and hopefully we may see more of the BioShock series in the near future!

Now, bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt.
  86. Jun 23, 2014
    I don't have words to explain this game, It's amazing.
    Any game will be better than the first Bioshock, but this, this game, this epic game is at the same level!
  87. Jun 30, 2014
    Best game i ever played! totally recommended. The story is great, specially the ending (really unexpected, and makes you want to play it again), the characters are great, many powers you can use, good graphics, fun to play, many weapons and Upgrades.
    You should also buy the DLC season pass, which contains two "story modes" about previous bioshock stories, and Clash in the clouds, a mode of pure combat which also allows you to unlock more things about the story and the world.
    Highly recommended
  88. Jul 4, 2014
    You find yourself in a tea partier's wet dream: a future that looks like the past. It's a whitewashed world with sinister undertones that you can't quite pin down until...Even the games menu pulls you into this world, to which you'll want to repeatedly return.

Just enough opportunity for exploration without making the levels too open. Great weapons and you'll enjoy the vigor. The

The only complaint I can muster is a too convoluted story for the last third that feels mostly like the developers just wanted to extend the game.

But it's that atmosphere that wins it.
  89. Jul 22, 2014
    I really love Bioshock series,Infinite was one of the best game I played.I enjoy everything in the game and always ready to start this fantasy journey again.
  90. Jul 17, 2014
    BioShock Infinite was a beautiful game with great story telling and the end blew me away I had sit there thinking about it for about an hour until I finally gave up and googled it.this is a must buy it is probably my 3rd favourite game of all time.the gameplay was fun and fluid,this has really brought back what fps have become with things like cod and medal of honour ruining my love ofBioShock Infinite was a beautiful game with great story telling and the end blew me away I had sit there thinking about it for about an hour until I finally gave up and googled it.this is a must buy it is probably my 3rd favourite game of all time.the gameplay was fun and fluid,this has really brought back what fps have become with things like cod and medal of honour ruining my love of them anyway haters gonna hate but don't listen to them go and buy this game right now I mean it! Expand
  91. Aug 28, 2014
    This game blew me away. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. The gameplay is great the story is excellent, pretty much everything about this game is excellent. I highly recommend getting this at full price and its a must own when a sale comes.
  92. Aug 22, 2015
    I don't like FPS and mostly I don't like killing people (even if fictional) in general and I think that is the reason why I was able to dive so deep on this title's story.

The game itself is pretty easy (there are modes beyond normal difficulty, so probably FPS fans may enjoy better with them), and that's actually a good thing because you can concentrate on story and story fragments since plot is where this game excels (and I mean it). Everything start slow but, progressing, events rush to a point you're disoriented and speechless. Every word added there would be a spoiler, so I'd better keep my mouth shout.

Graphics are excellent, one of the best use of Unreal Engine 3 you can ever see and with great performance. Sound compartment is flawless too, both on effects and music.

There are only 2 things I didn't like which strip the 10/10 from this title: Elizabeth being too "unrealistic" or doll-like and too much playtime to finish the game, I'd like to have probably a little more than half of the 15h it took for me to complete the story line (I got bored halfway through).
    For me this game is 9/10 though.

To recap, totally recommended to anyone on any OS (run with excellent performance on linux too), this was one of the best game I ever played.
  93. Mar 11, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story,Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story, characters and voice acting with a good development during jocului.Tot once the story is more complicated than in others. In terms of gameplay is much better compared to its predecessors, it's running on the engine from Unreal, Unreal Engine 3 especially one graphics are gorgeous, with many landscapes that can leave you stunned. Music and sound are very well chosen, taking to make you feel like in the years 1912. In conclusion it is a good game, getting to be a number you do not have to leave, especially if you are a gamer. Expand
  94. Aug 11, 2014
    For me this game was good, only good. But in compare to other games i ever played only Bad Company 2 haves better game play in single player story FPS games.
  95. Dec 16, 2014
    Now thats what i call a game . In 2013 , I got bored of cover based shooters . I just liked Crysis 3 . Other games were just boring . But Bioshock infinite is not like those games . Its not like take cover then shoot then take cover and repeat . This game delivers a nice engaging and enjoyable gameplay. You can shoot very nicely . the shooting is fun . But its different from other FPSNow thats what i call a game . In 2013 , I got bored of cover based shooters . I just liked Crysis 3 . Other games were just boring . But Bioshock infinite is not like those games . Its not like take cover then shoot then take cover and repeat . This game delivers a nice engaging and enjoyable gameplay. You can shoot very nicely . the shooting is fun . But its different from other FPS games for its vigours . Using these genetic Abilities, you can Zap electricity , throw fireballs etc. So Its really great to play this game . The FPS lovers must play this . Expand
  96. Aug 23, 2014
    Bottom line, this game was fun to play. I like games with a good story and this one was exceptional, almost like reading a mystery novel. You had to pay attention. Like all Bioshock games the graphics were beautiful and the setting is unique. The soundtrack is clever. The combat was challenging and fun. The vigors seemed a bit repetitive at times, but not enough of a big deal to takeBottom line, this game was fun to play. I like games with a good story and this one was exceptional, almost like reading a mystery novel. You had to pay attention. Like all Bioshock games the graphics were beautiful and the setting is unique. The soundtrack is clever. The combat was challenging and fun. The vigors seemed a bit repetitive at times, but not enough of a big deal to take away from the experience. I'm usually not a big fan of followers in games, but Elizabeth was great. You enjoyed her being around and cared about what happened to her. If you are on the bubble of buying or playing the game, do it. You will be glad you did. Expand
  97. Aug 31, 2014
    I bought Bioshock Infinite at a steam dea and it takes a long time till i finished the game.
    Bioshock is a really strange game. In the beginning i don´t like the graphic (bloom) also the story is very strange. it takes 2 hours of story until i liked the story. After you get to elisabeth the story is going to be interessting and the game is going to be too easy. You have no ammo, no problem wait for elisabeth, you have no magic blu stuff, no problem waitt for elisabeth. No health..... (you know).

So after 2 hours i wanted to know the end. I accepted the graphic, and played the whole game, it tooks about 8 hours of playtime to complete the game. I had fun with the story, Elisabeth saves the game, only during the fights she got disabled.

-Story: After 2 hours its going to get really interessting
    -Graphic: Bloom Blur wonderland... (don´t like it)
    -Sound was great
    -Not very hard to finish...
    -Playtime: 8h
    -Price: 5,99€ (steam deal)
  98. Jun 24, 2015
    more a piece of art than a shooter game. bioshock infinite is a gorgeous thrill ride with plenty of epic story lines,beautiful environments, and fun combat to keep you intrigued through the long and rewarding campaign.
  99. Dec 28, 2014
    bioshock. im sorry. you won in 2013 fps genre. no doubts. ghosts was crap. bf4 was cool but buggy as hell. this game is so underrated comparing to the rest fps games this year. because today everyone is 10 years old **** that play multiplayer
    OMG YO HACKIN **** YO MOM OMG BIOSHACK INFANITE IS SHIET CUZ GHOSTS BEST GAME EVA 10/10
    **** you. bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure

**** you.
    bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure takes easily the best fps of 2013. lol why do i even compare it to the others :D
  100. Sep 30, 2014
    Probably the most gorgeous graphics and environment you will see in any game. Like one person said "mesmerising" and they are. I find myself so charmed by the surroundings that I just explore. That's the mark of something truly great. To watch a Hummingbird zip around your head or look at the floating city. It's just amazing, to say the least.The ambience and lighting in this game areProbably the most gorgeous graphics and environment you will see in any game. Like one person said "mesmerising" and they are. I find myself so charmed by the surroundings that I just explore. That's the mark of something truly great. To watch a Hummingbird zip around your head or look at the floating city. It's just amazing, to say the least.The ambience and lighting in this game are second to none. The gameplay is equally good. Zipping around the floating city on rails and jumping off, is just plain fun. Fun is the best word for this game. It actually got a bad rap for the way it portrays Elizabeth as "supposedly" this helpless waif who depends on you for survival. Not so. Remember the period this is set in. Women were "kind of" like that in that era so the authors were just trying to be period correct. She is actually fiercely independent as well. She picks locks, she fights, she tosses you ammo, health, salts and is quite an asset. I would hardly call her a "helpless waif". Fantastic game, polished to perfection and it deserves every good thing people have to say about it.You'd be hard pressed to find a better game out there. It's worth every penny. It is Soooooo fun. Expand

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]