8.5

1. Jan 2, 2014
    The game itself was a great game with a great story, however I found that parts of it was ripped of from earlier games (especially the start). You can see that the developers put lots of time and effort into the game even if the graphics aren't top notch. Another great game by 2k
  2. Jan 4, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a genius game. After you finish the game you have to play it again because the game is hinting the end so well, so when you will play it the second time you will have so much fun. Hardcore fans might not like this game because it's just not Bioshock. I can get why people wont like it because they expected a new Bioshock witch this game isn't the gun play in this game isn't the best but this isn't an fps game its a story driven game.

So to sum it up:
    this game is a STORY based game the story, the art and Elizabeth is the real meaning of the game
    a great game and worth you'r money.
  3. May 20, 2014
    New world to explore, beautiful world, but while the story and plot are better then what we experienced in Bioshock 2, its not even close to the original game and has many obvious flaws, but for some reason most people don't notice those flaws.
    But the real problem is the gameplay that doesn't makes sense with the story and the plot and is a huge downgrade from the previous games.
    Extremely linear, brainless, simple, it has backtracking, many enemies (especially bosses) are there just for the sake of it and have nothing to do with the story and weren't designed well at all, Vigors (the games' alternative for Plasmids) also make no sense in this world and half of them are mostly pointless, some weapons feel weak and you can only hold two of them (no it doesn't make shooting more tactical), and its too easy. Expand
  4. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Game is beautiful, the voice acting is great, especially by Troy Baker, the story really makes you think, and doesn't have the weak ending that Bioshock 1 and 2 had, the gameplay is ok, but this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  5. Jan 15, 2014
    I have been playing computer games since the days of space invaders, I have played and seen it all so I'm in no small way fussy and a little jaded. I have never given a game a perfect score so this is a first for me.

At its core Bioshock Infinite is a simple shooter, its not overly clever and its not trying to be. What sets it apart from the crowd is its superb blend of story, graphics
    and its pure imagination. Its not too much of a stretch to call this game a playable work of art.

I adored every exquisite, artistic moment of this game. There are times when it truly takes your breadth away. I'm in awe of its creators and how far we have come with game technology.

So hey stop listening to me gush. Bioshock Infinite is on EBay and other sites for prices that are an absolute steal. Go get a copy.
  6. Jan 16, 2014
    Amazing, unbelievable and fun. The art looks like it was made by saints and the story by unknown divine beings. If you don't like this game then you are probably one of those dota players that live in a bubble. After finishing it for like 7 times I will continue doing so until a better game gets released. Definitely my favourite title for a very long time.
  7. Jan 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is for sure a top game of 2013 and perhaps of all time. With visually stunning graphics and a story that pulls you deeper than almost any other, the game deserves special attention from true gamers. Bioshock Infinite is a near masterpiece.
  8. Aug 8, 2014
    This game is amazing. The the graphic is very good. The storyline is good. The gameplay is very good with fps, vigor, and unique gun. You must try this game.
  9. Feb 21, 2014
    It's come to my attention that people giving this game the red scores either are just hating, or don't know how to use the ratings properly.

I liked Infinite,and I can't quite grasp where the hate's coming from. Game of the year? No, not by any means. A good game during the year? Yeah, that's more like it.

I liked the different take on the idea of "A man and a lighthouse", and story
    wise, the game was okay. Though...what were they deconstructing again? Well, perhaps that wasn't the focus of Infinite; maybe they were focusing more on the alternate universe ideas than deconstructing an idea.

Gameplay wise I liked it. Thank God they had a plasmid wheel, unlike 2. Though what's up with the "Only two weapons" BS? I liked being able to have all the guns and the freedom doing so gave me; here it just feels like I'm being restricted. Gear was an interesting concept, but kinda eh. Maybe it was just the types I got on my play through, since I hear Gear is randomized each time you go through. Vigors were another thing I wasn't 100% fond of, using mainly Murder of Crows and Shock Jockey, though from what I've played so far in 1999 mode, I might be relying on them more. Infusions were a nice way to also put in RPG elements into the series; these give you the ability to increase either Health, Salts (EVE, basically) or a Shield.

The set pieces were nice, even on a lower graphics card. I've seen pictures and videos of it on higher settings and good Lord, it's a nice looking game.

All in all, if you're a fan of the BioShock series check it out. It's not The Best, but it's not The Worst either.
  10. Feb 22, 2014
    Really enjoying this game. Great art and music that's fully integrated into the narrative. The skyline is fun. Some of the PC controls (o for inventory/game play menu?) are hidden and not intuitive. Downsides for me are no stealth mode and few player choices. I think this reviewer sums up the good and bad really well. http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2013/04/17/bioshock-infinite-10-things-it-got-wrong/1 Expand
  11. Feb 22, 2014
    I consider myself a hardcore gamer. I do not like games that aren't **** brilliant. This game is so good I don't even know where to begin. I played it on one of the lowest graphics available, it still had one of the best graphics I have ever seen. The story is almost as good as the story in Oblivion, Ocarina of time, Suidoken etc. People that say that the story in this game is bad are RETARDED. I'm not even trying to be funny. They much REALLY have a low IQ. This story is so **** complex and amazing that I am now(2 hours after completing the game) still in a **** chock of wonder. The story is, although, very complex. I had to go online for explaination because so much of the story was thrown at you in the last 15 minutes of the game. That, and the "lack of story" throughout the mid-part of the game ares two of the reasons im giving it a 9. Another thing that is mindblowing are all the small details of the story. The story is so incredibly well-written that I'm actually stunned by it's depth. Although I donwloaded this game(I wouldn't have if I knew how good it was) I higly recommend you buying it. If you regret it, you are probably retarded and should stick to **** games, e.g CoD like the rest of the 12 year olds. Expand
  12. Aug 6, 2014
    Just a very good game. Nice story, interesting enviroment, graphic on good level. Buy and play, no regret. Just a bit too many brainless shooting scenes, sometimes, which kill climate of this series. Above all - there's no way to be bored with game.
  13. Feb 25, 2014
    i mean you can not say that is was a bad game anyway this was the best best game i have ever played wonderful story awesome ending and you are just bioshocked when it ends!
  14. May 27, 2014
    One of the best games I've played in my life. Bioshock Infinite may be confusing (not for me) sometimes, but it story is perfect. Graphics? Nearly perfects. Gameplay? That's what I call FPS. The details, every character is unique, especially Elizabeth. Super interactive and a beautiful character, she's what gave life to the game.
    I love Bioshock Infinite, the symbol of the generation.
  15. Mar 29, 2014
    Great idea, great design, great graphics. It is just let down by uninvolving gameplay. Just a series of go here and press F, then go here and press F. Oh what it might have been...
  16. Mar 16, 2014
    Good game, good story line and good graphics though i don't kinda like the way it looks.. they just need to improve the gameplay a little bit and make it less repetitive, coz repetitive will bring you to boredom..
  17. Jul 23, 2014
    only two issues:

number of guns and difficulty getting the upgrades right for the weapons I wanted

story got a dlc expansion, but, I'm not bothering with that.
  18. Mar 27, 2014
    With far less emphasis on level design compared to bioshock1, bioshock infinite is all about the story and the characters gameplay is watered down with the choice of carrying only two weapons like most of those generic mediocre military shooters on the market. But the vigors/plasmids, the beautiful city of Colombia on the unreal 3 engine and Elizabeth is what makes infinite worth playing.
  19. Mar 28, 2014
    From the very first moment I found this game highly overrated by reviewers.
    The game itself is a bit repetitive, I found myself wanting juts to finish rather than enjoying the game.
  20. Mar 30, 2014
    Another modern AAA story "game". The game itself is very basic and cheap: extremely linear tiny levels, poor AI, very short. Half of the game you just wondering here and there, participating in scripted cutscenes, watching something and so on.

Too bad Bioshock replaced true ingame exploration and adventure by this **** casual "story" crap. I guess 90% of budget went to "story", not much
    left for the game itself. 10$ is a fair price for this game Expand
  21. Apr 1, 2014
    German ;) : Seit langem mal wieder ein Shooter, der Storymäßig und Atmospherisch unter die aut geht. Vor allem die Liebe zum Detail, die Lebendigkeit der Welt, welche vom Setting her so unverbraucht wie kaum etwas anderes ist (Eine Fliegende Strahlende Stadt über den Wolken im Jahre 1912, durchdrungen von Prunk, Technik, Korruption, Irrglauben und revolutionären Gedanken und einem Hauch Magie und Paranormalem), macht dieses Spiel zu etwas unvergleichbaren. Lediglich der moderne Ansatz den Spieler zu lange am Leben zu lassen macht Spielspaßtechnisch einem Shooter-Fan der alten Schule hier einen leichten Strich durch die Rechnung .... Trotzdem 11/10 Punkten ;D Expand
  22. Apr 27, 2014
    Thought this game was amazing. Beat it from dusk to dawn. Gameplay was a bit repetitive but going through plots of the story was a blast. There were memorable moments and the voice acting and characters were spot-on.
  23. May 2, 2014
    +Stunning graphics +Damn fine story +A.I Companion is not a burden to you +GEARS! WOOOOO! +1999 mode - Loved it! +Huge amount of Easter Eggs and Secrets -Generic shooting mechanics -Vigors isn't useful than the plasmids from the original bioshock -R.I.P Irrational Games *Ken Levine got fired* -Less Exploring than the original. -Scavenging isn't a priority since you can just but ammo on vendos Expand
  24. May 11, 2014
    BioShock Infinite is undoubtedly a fun game. It's setting allows for incredible gunfights that almost never get boring. It's compelling story keeps it from being another generic shooter. I's art style is incredible, making the already good game even better.
    But it does have flaws.
    The game only provides around 10 hours of fun. There seems to be choice, but in reality all your choices are
    insignificant. While this isn't a big problem for your first play through, it removes all replay value. The game completely abandoned the city of Rapture, Big Daddies, and the dark atmosphere of the other games, which made it feel less like a BioShock game than it should have. You can only hold two weapons at a time, which is a problem for some people. (Not for me; I felt like it added to the experience, but what do I know?) Lastly, there's the issue of the ending. I won't spoil it, but let me say it was probably the deepest ending to a game in human history. IF you could understand it. Missing even single lines of speech can make the ending too confusing to understand. Once you do understand it though, prepare to have your mind blown.
    Now I know it seems like I'm hating on this game, but I really already described all of it's flaws. It's definitely worth your $20.
  25. May 21, 2014
    I still have no idea why this games scores so high with the critics. The environment is great, but the plot has many holes, the story moves at a snail's pace, and the gameplay is pretty average. Feels like a step back from the first two.
  26. May 28, 2014
    This game in my opinion is the best game of the best franchise of the generation. So just go buy it now it is well worth it. The story is amazing and complex but in a good way I don't know of any other games that touch on such deep and interesting theory and morals and then there is the ending which I won't go into because it is the best twist of any game story I know of it was worth playing it just for the ending but there is also so much more. Next up are the characters and the world. All of the main characters are amazingly deep and the best of these being Booker and Elizabeth both of which are amazingly voiced. Elizabeth in particular is astounding just the sheer effort and time put it her is amazing and all of this makes her one of the best and most likable characters in gaming. Last but by no means least is the environments and world as a whole it is simply stunning, the concepts and the way it is presented in its unique graphical style just blend together to create one of the most beautiful alive world's of any video game. All of this is backed up by solid game play that is fun fast and unique thanks to the addition of vigors, sky lines and tears. I can't recommend this game enough as it is one of my favourite games I have ever played just go out and play it you won't regret it and it will change the way you look at video games forever. Expand
  27. Jun 4, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is good game which offers a interesting complex story explaining the multiple universes concept which presents theories about time travel and such, but fails with repetitive gameplay mechanics. The graphics and the atmosphere is unique and appealing but the game play mechanics gets a bit bored because the game is quite long.

I do not find the storytelling like a
    masterpiece like others but I still think they made the story interesting for most, but I am not fond of unrealistic theories that are a bit complex for some, so that might be a reason why I do not consider this to be a masterpiece in terms of story telling.

The story telling of this game is dependent of you having to collect all audio files and also be aware of small details that could explain parts of the story. So it is a good game but it is not a great game or a masterpiece, and absolutely not a game of the decade like most biased Bioshock-fans claim. I still recommend the game because it might be a very interesting and complex story for some but I am sure the repetitive game play can still be boring at times.
  28. Jun 5, 2014
    gameplay storyline characters graphics bit to bit adrenaline pumping and exciting a great relief from the fps games. gotta be the game of year 2014. awaiting eagerly for the next edition
  29. Jun 6, 2014
    Unforgettable game with awesome gameplay and breathtaking story. Its atmosphere, story and gameplay mixed together simply make an perfect game.

+ The greatest game story i have ever knew
    + Incredible atmosphere
    + Good gameplay and combat
    + Good voice acting and sound effects
    + Beautiful graphics

The most unforgettable game experience EVER!
  30. Jun 6, 2014
    with Elizabeth, you can travel fantastic world!
    the fight system was little bit not good, (you can only use few gun)
    but beautiful story and character are make you feel nice
  31. Jun 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock infinite is a new concept, a new theme, a new story, a new city. Not only that, the city of Colombia is rich, meaning that it is alive with it's NPCs. Colombia was an amazing place to explore, and know the story and background of it. You play as Booker Dewitt, a gambler who is in debt, on getting the mysterious girl from the flying city. That girl is Elizabeth, and she is a unique character in videogame history. She has a personality, more than "I HAVE BOOBS AND I AM A GIRL" She interacts with the player; by throwing helpful things to you; ammo, weapons and first aid kits. And also the story is amazing and clever. also *spoilers* it has a shocking turn of events, and explains the hole concept of the game.

So far this game is Game of the Year 2013, such an amazing product from Ken Levine (he never disappoints)
    9.5/10
  32. Jun 27, 2014
    One of the greatest games I have played in a long while. I am not traditionally a FPS gamer but was sucked in by the very excellent storyline. I've played it through too many times now and always find something new. The graphics are stunning and is well thought out in terms of game play. Really, who can pass up the chance to play a game set in a steampunk city in the sky (Laputa anyone?). So much fun. So many hotdogs in drawers. I have recommended this game to all my game loving friends. Even if you don't like shooter games you'll like this as the story and visuals are the most compelling element. Just play this game already. Expand
  33. Jun 23, 2014
    I don't have words to explain this game, It's amazing.
    Any game will be better than the first Bioshock, but this, this game, this epic game is at the same level!
  34. Jun 30, 2014
    Best game i ever played! totally recommended. The story is great, specially the ending (really unexpected, and makes you want to play it again), the characters are great, many powers you can use, good graphics, fun to play, many weapons and Upgrades.
    You should also buy the DLC season pass, which contains two "story modes" about previous bioshock stories, and Clash in the clouds, a mode
    of pure combat which also allows you to unlock more things about the story and the world.
    Highly recommended
  35. Jul 4, 2014
    You find yourself in a tea partier's wet dream: a future that looks like the past. It's a whitewashed world with sinister undertones that you can't quite pin down until...Even the games menu pulls you into this world, to which you'll want to repeatedly return.

Just enough opportunity for exploration without making the levels too open. Great weapons and you'll enjoy the vigor.

The
    only complaint I can muster is a too convoluted story for the last third that feels mostly like the developers just wanted to extend the game.

But it's that atmosphere that wins it.
  36. Jul 22, 2014
    I really love Bioshock series,Infinite was one of the best game I played.I enjoy everything in the game and always ready to start this fantasy journey again.
  37. Jul 28, 2014
    This is by far the best fps I have ever played. The plot is outstanding and the action is great, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The game isn't just horror based like bioshock 1 and 2, it revolves around a breathtaking plot which some points are designed to be scary. There was never a single moment when i felt finished or even frustrated with the game, if you haven't played it yet, get it now. Expand
  38. Jul 17, 2014
    BioShock Infinite was a beautiful game with great story telling and the end blew me away I had sit there thinking about it for about an hour until I finally gave up and googled it.this is a must buy it is probably my 3rd favourite game of all time.the gameplay was fun and fluid,this has really brought back what fps have become with things like cod and medal of honour ruining my love of them anyway haters gonna hate but don't listen to them go and buy this game right now I mean it! Expand
  39. Jul 25, 2014
    I'm giving one pint for this boring **** because my little daughter like this game. I don't know how.
    I have to recognize one thing. I can't believe the have contrated Daniel day Lewis to make the soundtrack, but in the other side i understand it BECAUSE IS **** AWFUL.
    But for luck the didn't call Bryan Cranston to make the soundtrack...
  40. Jul 29, 2014
    Great game, probably the best in the series. Combat controls are excellent, bugs are nonexistent. The plot, characters, and environment are amazingly well done. A masterpiece of a game.
  41. Aug 11, 2014
    For me this game was good, only good. But in compare to other games i ever played only Bad Company 2 haves better game play in single player story FPS games.

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]