Blade & Soul PC

• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Jan 19, 2016
4.3

1. Mar 3, 2016
    Blade and Soul is not a bad MMO, however it's definitively not a good one either.

I really tried to love it, but sadly it just doesn't bring much to the table that hasn't been done before already, and well done way better. Except the combat. Combat is just outstanding, and by far the best in this genre. However you can't really invest a years worth of time into an MMO which is

However you can't really invest a years worth of time into an MMO which is exceptional only with it's combat design. All the content it has to offer is mediocre at best, well PvE content is so bad it's not even worth mentioning.

I really hope BS finds it's place in this genre, perhaps PvPers will love it due to it's combat. The game is on par with WoW, perhaps even a little bit better. However it's definitively way behind ESO, GW2 and FFXIV. I'd put Elder Scrolls Online as the best MMO currently, it's improving crazy fast, and well there is really nothing that BS does better than ESO. The comparison in quality is gigantic. Try it out for yourself.
  2. Feb 1, 2016
    Sometimes I'm wondering if NCsoft still know what they are doing. They edit awful games and they don't seem to be worried about this. Yes, awful is what comes to my mind after playing Blade and Soul for a time.

The game has nevertheless a few good points. The major positive aspect of this game is the combat system. It's a free targeting system like Tera, combined with a 'combo' system. The use of your skills will put you or your foes in special states, allowing you to use other versions of your skills to create combinations of multiple hits. This is fast, this is working, this is fun. I also liked the background, this is something different than the usual medieval or sci-fi game, but I also disliked what they did with it. The musics were good too, or at least, they never bothered me, so it's a good sign. And last, the character creator is really fun. You can modify almost everything on your character. The only thing you need to like is asian styled characters. And in my opinion, that's it for the good points.

Now things that annoy. The first thing to know is that it's a 2012 korean game, and you definitely feel it in almost every aspect of the game. First, the user interface, although editable, feels unpolished. There are also problems with the keybinds when you try to use combination of keys with CTRL and ALT. The maps are small, and mostly corridors. There's not a lot of open areas, I have the feeling that they didn't exploit their background. The maps are soon very classic, they lose the nice style from the tutorial, and you have to wait for a while until you see something like this again. The quests are bad, it's the typical MMO fedex quest, kill this, bring this to this guy, unlock 5 new quests. The crafting system is just boring, there's almost nothing to do. You join crafting guilds, then you can send them in a few missions to get reputation. There's no gathering or mini game to create the items, just send a guy to a mission and wait, sometimes 20h. It's also very unbalanced at the moment, some guilds are totally useless. There's a fun system allowing you to plane or walk on the walls, but again, it's not used a lot. In fact, you won't see a big difference with and without this. The problem is because of the small maps and the huge amount of invisible walls. Get ready to be stuck a lot. You'll travel inside a lot of dungeons during your leveling, they all look the same, big corridors in a cave for 80% of them. Speaking of the dungeons, the loot system is original, you bet for the items you want, the last bidder gets the item, and the money is divided between the rest of the group. But after a few days, it's just boring. Sometimes it takes ages, some people want to bet on everything at a really low cost, and sometimes, you are harassed because you are betting. Oh, and a fun thing, at the release, the party leader (which is randomly choosen), was able to change the loot system during the dungeon, event during the boss fight, without any problem (I don't know if it's fixed yet). A lot of problem related to ninja loot spawned on the official forums. This is just to let you understand how this game is polished, and how the beta phases were important... The loot system leads to the next problem, which is a very toxic community. Fortunately, you can do a lot of things alone. The game is full of gold sellers at the time of this review, they just don't find a way to get rid of them, or don't want to take the time to get rid of them... There's a lot of crashes, the game is sometimes not compatible with Razer or Asus software. At the moment, in EU, the end game content is just a grind fest. There's not much to do, thus it's really repetitive. But some people like to grind a lot, so I guess this point is really subjective. And finally, the cash shop is a joke. The price are ridiculously high. For example, if you want a page to create a second build for your character (note that you can respect anytime for free, but you have to do the changes everytime if you don't have a second page), it's 10€. You want a costume ?i It's from 15€ to 20€. You can also buy materials for the craft or the upgrade system at a cheaper price, or potions. But the idea behind this is, if you like the game and want to give something to support it, you can only give a big something for almost no return. Also note that there's nothing that is account wise. You buy a costume 20€, it's for 1 character. You buy a page 10€, it's for 1 character. It makes things even worse in my opinion.

Overall, I'm sad that they did such a bad job with this game. The combat system had a lot of potential and is really fun, but everything else was already done many times, and many times better in a lot of games. To me, NCsoft is definitely on the bad way. Their studio are doing bad games (Carbine and wildstar...) and they don't care. They sell founder pack at high costs, and then they give minimal support. It's worth a try a few hours for the combat system.
  3. Jan 20, 2016
    Blade and Soul is one of the most fun Asian styled mmo's i have ever played. I have been playing the NA/EU Version since Alpha Testing and have enjoyed every single minute i have played the game. Don;t trust these reviews from people who have not even played the game and are writing low reviews because of NC soft as a company, or they played one of the Asian servers and found it grindy.Blade and Soul is one of the most fun Asian styled mmo's i have ever played. I have been playing the NA/EU Version since Alpha Testing and have enjoyed every single minute i have played the game. Don;t trust these reviews from people who have not even played the game and are writing low reviews because of NC soft as a company, or they played one of the Asian servers and found it grindy. The NA/EU Port was very well done and the game has an amazing story. Also PvP while fun is not required to enjoy the game, but the PvP is insanely fun and skill based instead of gear based. I was able to attack and kill someone 7 levels higher than me because i knew my class better. it is a real rush! And the Tag Team Arena Matches have so much awesome and surprising twists it is amazing!

My Main point is since the game is free to play, please try it for yourself before you decide to follow the advice of people who have not played this version and base it off the past.
  4. Jan 20, 2016
    I cannot believe all these negative reviews. The game is so much fun. Combat is totally engaging and the best I've ever experienced in any mmo.

This is mainly a PvP game that is face paced and completely satisfying. There is PvE though. There are dungeons and these need to be farmed to get items to upgrade your gear. The classes are very well balanced since this game is an esport in the East.
  5. Jan 19, 2016
    Very fast, very fun. Opening half hour gave me goosebumps. Never been so invested in an mmo story.

The Controller controls take some getting used to but over all they are manageable, you can always just use m&k. Character customization is very flushed out, and if that's not your thing there is lots of presets. The voice acting (when used) is very immersive, easy to understand, an

The voice acting (when used) is very immersive, easy to understand, an d match the characters very well.

Character model movements are very fluid and mostly uninterrupted.

Game plays very optimized for just releasing, on my gtx 660 i get easy 60fps on high graphics.
  6. Jan 20, 2016
    What an amazing game! The action combat has changed the way I look a MMO's. I will never be able to go back to a game like WoW again where I mash buttons in a rotation. Every kick, every punch, and swing in Blade and Soul just feels so right.
  7. Feb 11, 2016
    Ok how the PVP system works is amazing it's really good, if it wasn't laging ever since the game released and NCsoft is doing nothing about it. To sum it all up everything is pretty much meh except the pvp and it lags like crazy talking about teleporting opponents 300ms input delay basicly unplayable. Might aswell started playing it when it was released in korea as i have the same ms hereOk how the PVP system works is amazing it's really good, if it wasn't laging ever since the game released and NCsoft is doing nothing about it. To sum it all up everything is pretty much meh except the pvp and it lags like crazy talking about teleporting opponents 300ms input delay basicly unplayable. Might aswell started playing it when it was released in korea as i have the same ms here in europe............ Expand
  8. Mar 17, 2016
    Worst game Ive ever played, had to do a chargeback on my Master Founder Pack. Everything is pay2win but gilded over as free and not p2w. Its the greediest game in the world. To get loot, you have to OUTBID your team mates. You want a new outfit? $20+ price tag and its bound to a single character, youre better off buying real clothes for yourself! Its filled to the brim with translationWorst game Ive ever played, had to do a chargeback on my Master Founder Pack. Everything is pay2win but gilded over as free and not p2w. Its the greediest game in the world. To get loot, you have to OUTBID your team mates. You want a new outfit? $20+ price tag and its bound to a single character, youre better off buying real clothes for yourself! Its filled to the brim with translation issues and missing items, and the NA version is actually gimped/nerfed harder than any other version. Prepare to grind forever and not even once feel strong or like your time was worth. The PVP is the weakest part of this game. 1v1. Over and over and over, on the same flat map. You want other modes? CTF, king of the hill, clan battles? Nope. How about 1v1s with 6 people all at once instead, where it turns into 2v1? Yeah thats "competitive" alright. What a joke. And dont bother asking NCWest Support for help. Everyone is a bot. Auto reply and close ticket. To be fair 90% of players both PVE and PVP are destroyer bots. Good luck farming quartz, the bots own all nodes. The BnS community is actually less intelligent and more toxic than the LoL and WoW communities combined. Such salt and devotion for a cartoon hack and slash grinding simulator. Expand
  9. Feb 10, 2016
    Good combat, that's all this game has going for it. NCSoft messed up bigtime with western release though, not a lot of people realize but the servers they are using are so bad it's hilarious, expect up to 300+ ping when in dungeons and in pvp arena because they are cross server.

Whatever the system they are using for cross server it makes the game unplayable for some classes that rely heavily on a low ping.
    For a game that is so utterly pvp oriented the way this game is released in eu/na is downright insulting and they should be ashamed for the quick cashgrab they are attempting by cheaping out on server tech.
    Cannot reccomend this game to anyone, unless you enjoy spending $20+ on outfits you can't share across characters! and enjoy skills not going off when you activate them.
  10. Feb 2, 2016
    Blade and Soul is an okay game. Its graphics are very dated (not bad looking, just dated) and PvE is rather dull, which in the face of more modern MMO's set it back quite a bit. The translation for English is also horrendous, with various story elements plain rewritten to suit the translator's agenda. Localization is one thing, but when the translation plain breaks the story it's enteringBlade and Soul is an okay game. Its graphics are very dated (not bad looking, just dated) and PvE is rather dull, which in the face of more modern MMO's set it back quite a bit. The translation for English is also horrendous, with various story elements plain rewritten to suit the translator's agenda. Localization is one thing, but when the translation plain breaks the story it's entering into the realm of just plain making stuff up. I don't know what's up with the translators but they need to be fired if the game wants to appeal to the PvE population.

What's great about the game are its combat system and PvP. The combat system is fairly fluid and complex, which ties in well to making its PvP feel very good as well. It rewards skill a lot and there are quite a bit of tricks you can learn to improve yourself. It's one of the more fun PvP in MMO's I've played in a while now.

If you're into PvP I'd definitely recommend checking this game out. It's free to try after all, and it's a refreshing change from dated games like WoW. If PvP isn't your thing though or you're simply looking for a more complete game to play then I'd recommend against checking this game out because it falls behind many other games in every other aspect.
  11. Feb 3, 2016
    I enjoyed the game on the asian servers and started on the european servers too.
    The european servers are literally dead half of the week so far with constant crashes, client bugs and random bans for buying their itemshop currency.
    The biggest part of the community is antisocial trying to rip of other players with the unique bidding system(higher tier drops are sold in an auction where everyone can bid an amount or increase the amount of simply pressing the key "Y", but without any confirmation and auto-price updating if someone else is increasing the price, so if someone else is increasing the price directly before you are pressing Y you are automatically outbidding the new price)

I enjoyed the game in the asian version with working servers and a friendly community, sadly that's not given in the european version.
  12. Jan 23, 2016
    Graphics are ok! Better from usual korean mmo's at least. Coming from GW2, any mmo seems dull and full of grinding. Haven't played a lot yet, i like this "horny" environment, full of female characters even if it sounds a bit sexist. I really like the concept of using combos , but still fighting seems really slow paced. I also dont feel having 100% control of my character. Voice actors inGraphics are ok! Better from usual korean mmo's at least. Coming from GW2, any mmo seems dull and full of grinding. Haven't played a lot yet, i like this "horny" environment, full of female characters even if it sounds a bit sexist. I really like the concept of using combos , but still fighting seems really slow paced. I also dont feel having 100% control of my character. Voice actors in english language sounds... ridiculous. Not real action combat. Evades-Blocks etc are meh... But still a better game than any other "asian" mmos like archeage. Some improvements on the pay2win are necessary as well! I will continue playing hoping to see some more cons! Expand
  13. Mar 14, 2016
    Assets

Great combat system and excellent concept for a PVP game Good party creation tool and good cross-server party creation for dungeons Nice tutorial Some good story and animated segments with acceptable voice-acting Deficits Grind based MMORPG Extremely linear PVE that is redundant and mundane Most dungeons are poorly done and boring Very poor PVP matchmaking Terrible
    Assets

Great combat system and excellent concept for a PVP game
    Good party creation tool and good cross-server party creation for dungeons
    Nice tutorial
    Some good story and animated segments with acceptable voice-acting

Deficits

Grind based MMORPG
    Extremely linear PVE that is redundant and mundane
    Most dungeons are poorly done and boring
    Very poor PVP matchmaking
    Terrible gold spamming and no effort to filter or fix
    Cross-server party creation is sometimes not available in dungeons or situations where it is badly needed
    Dead and limited clan system
    Weak, unambitious crafting system
    Small world where feel like you're traveling through a tunnel most of the time

Given the lack of effort to fix the PVE game, they should have eliminated it altogether and made this purely a PVP fighting game with a deeper matchmaking system. Although this game is not without merit, you might be happier playing a good fighter game. Sadly I don't feel a sense of enthusiasm to improve this game. Most effort seems to be going into expanding micro-transactions.
  14. Feb 12, 2016
    Played over 80 hours this game, and here is what i think...

Pros: - PvP - pretty fun and fast, skill based not your eq. - Arena - the best feature this game has to offfer, no doubt.. - decent main plot, and very good cutscenes (for mmo standards) - nice combat mechanics, but it gets boring after a while Cons: - boring repetitive dungeons and i mean REALLY boring, i played lot
    Played over 80 hours this game, and here is what i think...

Pros:
    - PvP - pretty fun and fast, skill based not your eq.
    - Arena - the best feature this game has to offfer, no doubt..
    - decent main plot, and very good cutscenes (for mmo standards)
    - nice combat mechanics, but it gets boring after a while

Cons:
    - boring repetitive dungeons and i mean REALLY boring, i played lot of grindy mmos, but here dungeons fells very small and similar, there are some nice cutscenes on the bright side...
    - no pve end game, all you have after reaching cap(which is 1-2 week at max) atm is 6 end game dungeons [only 1 gives you decent challenge] + boring faction quests[kill xxx of xxx] u have to do in order to grind your mats for crafting.
    - very shallow crafting system
    - typical fetch game side quests - kill xxx, bring xxx etc, not even one quests that makes you use your brain.

4/10 and im very generous, pve/crafting deserves 1/10
  15. Feb 10, 2016
    Crap laggy game. i dont lag in other games this bad. PVE is hella boring and PVP isnt balance at all. They just patched it and broke the balancing even more.... WAY TO GO MORONS! i swear game devs never get it right when there is no communication with the player base. Read the forums, i havent seen one post in the pvp section from an NCSOFT employee...but they care *rolls eyes*
  16. Feb 11, 2016
    I have been waiting for this game so long. The only one hope in this game is combat system, but not at all. PvE is boring, repeat instances until you die. There is a littlw open world PvP which is even not exciting.
    Worst thing is that more than half of people have good ping (ex. 30-50), but when they enter Arena, ping is 300+. A lot of posts in the forum but developers don't care and don't even listen community. Whatmore, did you know that dmg output in this game highly depends on ping? People with low ping can casts skill so fast, that there is no animation of skills, hilarious. Skill mechanic is so bad. It could be easy to fix, but developers are old, fat amd lazy people who care only about money and know only little about gameplay. Will be no better until they change stuff for young, innovative people, who knows not less than little about mmorpgs.
  17. Feb 28, 2016
    this game
    -worst game launcher ever
    -very very very ping reliant. you cant compete on high rank pvp if you have 100+ms latency, oh wait, you can but youll suck. -worst crafting/gathering system ever -worst loot system -bots. bots are fine. they help us farm what we need and sell it on auction for cheap price. bots in pvp? WTF? SRSLY? this game has like 90% bots 10% players actually
    this game
    -worst game launcher ever
    -worst crafting/gathering system ever
    -worst loot system
    -bots. bots are fine. they help us farm what we need and sell it on auction for cheap price. bots in pvp? WTF? SRSLY? this game has like 90% bots 10% players actually playing.
    i bet sooner theyll announce that all those problems are working as intended cos they cant **** fix it, just like how they cant fix animation cancelling.
    did the dev even experienced other mmos before they created this piece of ****
  18. Apr 4, 2016
    Fantastic visuals and a very cool (if generic) martial arts vengeance plot line spread across multiple chapters make this one of the most interesting F2P MMORPGs of last year. The latest update adds a wealth of new areas and an updated level cap.

On the down side, lag can be crippling (especially during large scale raids) and the bot-population is beyond ridiculous. PVP (open world at least) is nearly unplayable due to the bot problem.

Cross-server dungeoning, exciting combat and some truly beautiful art drag this game above average, but with so many factors dragging it back down, it is hard to recommend over all the other MMORPGs out there.
  19. Mar 3, 2016
    'So its been about 2 months since the release of BnS and I am curious to see its user score on metacritic...' 5.6... well... I'll go **** myself. I feel like I have to defend a beautiful girl being pestered by a bunch of thugs and receiving a black eye for ever intervening (represented by the no votes on this review). Are we even playing the same game? Giving a game a zero rating is such a'So its been about 2 months since the release of BnS and I am curious to see its user score on metacritic...' 5.6... well... I'll go **** myself. I feel like I have to defend a beautiful girl being pestered by a bunch of thugs and receiving a black eye for ever intervening (represented by the no votes on this review). Are we even playing the same game? Giving a game a zero rating is such a troll score. The game is booootiful and very much enjoyable. 10/10 Expand
  20. Feb 23, 2016
    An honest review of the game. Blade & Soul was marketed as a PvP game and still remains as a PvP game. If you do not enjoy PvP at all, than do not play this game as PvP makes up a large portion of it. The Arena does a good job of eliminating equipment as a factor in PvP. Within the Arena it comes down to player skill and extra skill points, but ultimately skill triumphs. Open world PvP isAn honest review of the game. Blade & Soul was marketed as a PvP game and still remains as a PvP game. If you do not enjoy PvP at all, than do not play this game as PvP makes up a large portion of it. The Arena does a good job of eliminating equipment as a factor in PvP. Within the Arena it comes down to player skill and extra skill points, but ultimately skill triumphs. Open world PvP is no holds-barred. If you put on the Faction outfit, you are flagged for PvP regardless of your location or level. Classes aren't perfectly balanced yet. There is hardly any grinding in this game compared to other MMOs. It takes 24 hours to reach the maximum level (excluding Hoongmoon levels) if you really tried. The upgrade system is a no **** system. What do I mean by no ****? Well, once you can have the appropriate material to upgrade your weapon or accessories, the upgrade chance is 100%. Whereas in other games the chance of success to upgrade lowers as you get higher. There are no mounts because of the unique "transportation" system. Characters are able to move like they do in cliche Kung Fu movies; dashing up walls, jumping over obstacles, running across water, etc. It feels like I'm in a Kung Fu movie.

The game requires more optimization patches for a smooth experience. Right now, gaming rigs will drop low in FPS in heavily populated areas (Blackwyrm). Bots and gold sellers are common, but really what MMO doesn't have this problem? There is only one server location for the NA servers (in Texas). This is a poor decision as it is so far central south of US. A centralized server such as Chicago would have been a better choice (based on demographics). Overall, this game is addicting as I have been putting a good 7-8 hours per day into it since head start. It's definitely not perfect. It needs some polishing and I hope the developers will do so.
  21. Feb 23, 2016
    this Is simply the best PvP game out there.. playing with friends is super fun.. you will never look back to slow mmos like Final Fantasy or even guild wars 2 ... like ever.
  22. Jan 21, 2016
    Was able to play briefly since I had to go to work and it looked and ran beautifully. However I have never been able to get back in since. The wait time for any spot in the queue easily rates several hours on what is shown. I even saw the timer go all the way up to two days. Unless they can at least fix the queue issue I see this game losing too many players for the wait to get in alone.Was able to play briefly since I had to go to work and it looked and ran beautifully. However I have never been able to get back in since. The wait time for any spot in the queue easily rates several hours on what is shown. I even saw the timer go all the way up to two days. Unless they can at least fix the queue issue I see this game losing too many players for the wait to get in alone. No game is worth waiting hours at character select. Expand
  23. Feb 11, 2016
    A great PvP experience... if only the NA/EU release would not have been ruined by terrible servers which cause players playing in Germany (European servers are hosted there) to have a ping reaching 200 ms...
    Please fix this NCSoft before more players turn their backs to the game.
  24. Feb 18, 2016
    PvP is alright and the character creator is very powerful but everything else is lackluster (especially the PvE). The story is above average but still nothing extraordinary.

The combat is actually quite deep and makes an effort to be different, but again, not many reasons to fully master it other than PvP. Dated graphics; Uninspired gear design (Little to no alternative from being

Dated graphics; Uninspired gear design (Little to no alternative from being almost naked and covered in oil); Unoptimized (games is abnormally dropping frames in places it shouldn't. On powerful rigs); Close to no effort in making the leveling phase of the experience compete with the rest of the market (Almost exclusively done through the usual quests you played everywhere else).

You might love it if you are an hardcore PvPer, but an MMO should be a lot more than just PvP content, as other games have proven in the past through either their fall or success.
  25. Jan 21, 2016
    I have to say, I have never written a review for a game before , but I think this one deserves one. I think the game is absolutely stunning to look at, and character models look great. Prolly the sexiest asian mmo I've played. I do have a good computer and monitor. I play in 3D and it's amazing looking. The combat is so fast on my assassin and more skill based than other mmo's. You can'tI have to say, I have never written a review for a game before , but I think this one deserves one. I think the game is absolutely stunning to look at, and character models look great. Prolly the sexiest asian mmo I've played. I do have a good computer and monitor. I play in 3D and it's amazing looking. The combat is so fast on my assassin and more skill based than other mmo's. You can't just sit n click with your mouse on your bar.

I love the windwalking, flying , running, and dragonpulsing is amazing, never seen anything like that. Hard to explain until you see it. The crafting I have'nt gotten into much, seems diffrent than other mmo's. You join a crafting guild then place orders from mats. Then wait for like 30m for it to be ready.

I really like the DF, It ports you to a lobby where you can choose from a list of available dungeons you are able to enter. You select the one you want, then the system brings in other players up to 6 to go in with you, you are ported to staging area. Then you enter portal to dungeon. It's not like WOW where you wait 30m to an hour. The matching system is almost instant.

Anyways I can't wait to see wha'ts ahead. I'm only 22 and I think max is 45. Try it, it's free.
  26. Feb 23, 2016
    Great action combat game plagued by the worst publisher in gaming history, NCSoft. There's bots everywhere. The only thing the game has going for it endgame is 1v1 arena. PvE endgame is completely pay2win. Stay far away.
  27. Feb 1, 2016
    Terrible, simple, low effort, and dated PVE. PVP is decent, but not a lot of variety yet.

Should have been a MP fighting game so they can focus on their strengths.
  28. Feb 4, 2016
    Game was fun but they added rng boxes for costumes that come with stuff to upgrade weapon, membership gets you close to nothing, everything in cash shop is overpriced with 1 discounted item for members which is still over priced.
    Combat is good and it ends there, story was changed for US and sucks.
    Combat is good and it ends there, story was changed for US and sucks.
    This game is complete trash compared to the Asian servers. Don't even bother with this game unless you have deep pockets and don't like using alt characters because the $15+ costumes aren't trade able within the characters you have. After my membership from founder pack is up I wont be logging 1 more minute in the game
  29. Feb 12, 2016
    a potentially very very good game completely destroyed by ncsoft censorship and greedy business model.............................................................
  30. Jan 20, 2016
    I can't stop laughing. I feel like a kid again. The combat is a blast like I was back in the arcade as a kid. The graphics don't feel old to me. I almost didn't even bother trying the game out because of some of these reviews. I decided to give it a try thankfully. This is my new main game!
  31. Jan 20, 2016
    This game is very fun and very interesting! The story is well made as well as the fast paced combat it is everything I can expect of a martial arts game I would recommend this game to everyone I know because the more people you run with the more fun it is. Each class is well planned and unique to fit almost any ones play style. The controls are taxing at first but easy once you learn them.This game is very fun and very interesting! The story is well made as well as the fast paced combat it is everything I can expect of a martial arts game I would recommend this game to everyone I know because the more people you run with the more fun it is. Each class is well planned and unique to fit almost any ones play style. The controls are taxing at first but easy once you learn them.

HAIL SWARM
  32. Jan 20, 2016
    Oh What a game! Action based combat that is perfection. Highly recommend game. Graphics are really nice. The Kung Fu Master combos are challenging. I feel I keep getting better. Blade and Soul gives a sense of accomplishment. I can't say I've ever felt this connected to a character and story line. Thank you Blade and Soul Development team!
  33. Apr 8, 2016
    +fun combat (sorta , for the summoner anyway imo)
    +small dungeon maps
    +you can use all the rng weapons and accessories you get , to level up your class specific ones (the purple gear) -Basically just an action adventure game with a couple rpg elements. -Very linear and rigid character development. -Leveling feels rather pointless and slow. - No auction house access until lvl 16 and
    +fun combat (sorta , for the summoner anyway imo)
    +small dungeon maps

-Basically just an action adventure game with a couple rpg elements.
    -Very linear and rigid character development.
    -Leveling feels rather pointless and slow.
    - No auction house access until lvl 16 and even then you can only put 10 items a DAY up.
    - Tons of bots all over, also spamming the channel with gold sell spam.
    -NO ARMOR (this one i really dont understand) all your "armor" is just for looks and you get your stats from accessories.
    - Class imbalance as summoners and warlocks (pet classes) can solo 3 man dungeons no prob but none of the other classes can.
    -NO MOUNTS ! (you have to run/glide everywhere and to move fast you have to use sprint and that runs out quick)
    -annoying delay between battle and when you can sprint again, which sometimes goes for quite a while -
    -only 2 chars allowed to be created for free users-
    -cant send MAIL without buying NCoins- (comon devs wtf is that sht)
    -terrible crafting system
    -7day wait to delete a character , punishes you for wanting to try other classes (and since you only have 2 char slots ..)
    -nothing sells to the vendor for more then 1 copper, nothing, and with only being alble to sell 10 items a day on the auction, makes getting money really tough. They expect you to grind dailies for paltry amounts of money .
    -quests are extremely unrewarding-

real disappointment .Ultimately , was worth playing for free, but I wouldn't spend a dime on this garbage.
  34. Mar 12, 2016
    In the first two week of the release, i reach the max lvl in that moment (45). I enjoy it in every step but after give it a break and played again, definitely don't like.

The first impression of the game is very nice, the tutorials are fluid and the intro of your character is good. But when you are increasing you lvl, you begun to note that the quest are very repetitive (Go to A, kill or interact with B and return or go to speak with C).
    -The fight system is marvelous, but the classes are highly unbalanced. Even with the recommendation system of skill points, after the second patch everything go to the dump.
    -I recommend you if you going to play it, try to enter in one of the best guild of the server, generally they going to help you with something. But if you are going to try alone everything, well you're going to have a bad time.
    -With the daily quest you can make more of 10 gold at the day, but you must spend all day doing the quest (for 10 gold) and after a few days is not worthy.
    -The market is nice, except for the price of everything (extremely high) and even if are somebody selling something more cheap, they buy it and post it with a greater increase of the price.

I have it a blade dancer (very good class and very decent in pvps) with the siren sword and almost the last upgraded of everything in my equipment thanks to the guild, but after a time, is like all the same. (even with the guilds). The daily quest are a horrible loop, if you are going to farm something.. well good luck. If you wish to upgraded you'r weapon, you need to break you'r eyes maybe a week to have the item that you need it. And the pvps, go for summoner o assassin. After the upgraded the rest of the classes are their little b*tches.
  35. Jan 21, 2016
    Its awesome combat,skills and animations are great.
    The content give to you so many things to passing the time ingame.
    And for me crafting in this game is realy creative and imersive i love it.
  36. Feb 4, 2016
    First of all the 10/10 accounts with one review are clearly ncsoft employees.
    Don't be fooled.
    Another cash crab by ncsoft . They offer a sbuscription plan without any new content to a 4 year old game without even all the content available in the original game with no plans to create new content for the western version. The cash shop is a mess with nothing worthwhile except to
    First of all the 10/10 accounts with one review are clearly ncsoft employees.
    Don't be fooled.

Another cash crab by ncsoft .

The cash shop is a mess with nothing worthwhile except to pay 93US dollars to unlock your inventory slots FOR ONE CHARACTER ONLY and that is after you unlocked all the slots through the regular game and then pay money.And all of this is the same even if you pay 15 dollars a month for "premium".
    Outfits are character bound and not account but still cost 20 dollars.
    Nickel and diming in every part of the game.

Oh almost forgot as f2p player no gold drops from monster, zip none you'll see not one copper.

All in all the game wont last 6 months with the current setup and this is not because the game is bad on the contrary the game is quite good with a refreshing combat system BUT it's a chore to play as f2p and more importantly as a paying customer who expects a minimum of competence and work for his money.

edit: correct numbers and warning for payed reviewers.
  37. Jan 26, 2016
    Blade & Soul recently was just released in the west. I have not logged a lot of time in this game and have no desire to. Blade & Soul really doesn't bring a whole lot to the table that hasn't already been brought before. I'd say the most unique feature the game has is it's pvp. Now with the best part out of the way lets get into the rest of the game. The pve is very boring and dull. WhileBlade & Soul recently was just released in the west. I have not logged a lot of time in this game and have no desire to. Blade & Soul really doesn't bring a whole lot to the table that hasn't already been brought before. I'd say the most unique feature the game has is it's pvp. Now with the best part out of the way lets get into the rest of the game. The pve is very boring and dull. While playing the game I'm surprised a box doesn't come up to make sure you're still human. Because this game's pve system is so basic anyone or anything could probably play it with ease. Now the story is basic and cheesy with nothing new. Except the voice acting in this game is like they recorded chat roulette conversations and pieced them together. The voice acting in this game is probably the most atrocious part by far. The graphics aren't the worst I've ever seen but no one is playing this for the fact of how it looks unless you like games whose graphics are 2010 and its 2016. Overall nothing is new and exciting here. Even the combat system is that of TERA. I think the U.S release was pointless and would not recommend this game. Expand
  38. Jan 27, 2016
    Played 1 hour of this game and it feels and looks like any other NC soft game that has ever come out. All they do is copy and paste their games over and over again. The female character characters are always over the top scantily clad with. The combat is freaking boring as always in this game just like in the other NC games out there. Graphics are way out dated, feels like I'm playing anPlayed 1 hour of this game and it feels and looks like any other NC soft game that has ever come out. All they do is copy and paste their games over and over again. The female character characters are always over the top scantily clad with. The combat is freaking boring as always in this game just like in the other NC games out there. Graphics are way out dated, feels like I'm playing an old 2007 mmo. How does NC soft keep making trash like this and still survive? Expand
  39. Feb 1, 2016
    One of the worst MMOs I've had the misfortune to play for a variety of reasons. If I had to choose a single word that describes my BNS experience as I proceeded to spend over $300 USD and reached level cap it would be this: cringe.

I don't know if it's the archetypical story, the tasteless outfits, the underwhelming kung fu motif, or the hairy 45 year old otakus piloting "sexy" big breasted hentai characters that made me cringe like I've never cringed before. Or maybe it was generic classes that lack any semblance of unique flavor e.g. Blade Dancer, Blade Master, or the total lack of inspiration behind the races (spoiler: they all look like deformed homo sapiens minus the bizarre half pedo-bunny half lolita race called Lynn.

Unless you are a proud **** weeaboo, stay far far away from this "game?".. NCSOFT you've hit a terrible new industry low..

This game is filled with hundreds of paywalls and is basically impossible to play unless you have a premium subscription. The login times are consistently upwards of 30 minutes + and come prepared with your AMEX card as they will try to charge you at every possible opportunity (buy more bag space, buy XP bonus buff that lasts only 30min, buy additional character slots etc.)

I'm hard pressed to call the PvE PvE. There is one class in BNS = DPS, Every instance up to 45 is faceroll and the "end game" consists of fighting little hentai girls that use the same bland abilities you have. There is no gear and no weapons. No gear or weapons you say? There must be some kind of incentive to raid / pve though right? YES you are absolutely right. Pizza Slices. Yes you read that right.

Mushroom, Sicilian, White Pizza, you name it! The point of progression in BNS is to work towards completing an 8 slice Pizza Pie that grant generic set bonuses the more slices of said Pizza you acquire.

Also it's worth mentioning that you use the same weapon and gear the whole game. Instead of replacing your weapon or jewelry (yes the limited armor you do have is jewelry such as bracelets, rings, necklaces etc *cringe) You upgrade your items instead feeding them other weapons and jewelry.

The PvP is the one semi redeeming aspect of this game because apparently the combat system is robust and balanced to be an eSport in the East (Korea). However the game is balanced around 1v1 and as we've learned from other better MMOs such as WoW, when a game is balanced around 8 different classes engaging in 1v1 duels, you are forced to homogenize classes losing diversity and flavor. There are no BGs in the game and the open world pvp is a joke as the only way to participate is to put on your kpop looking tabard and complete three dailies.

I could go on about the million other reasons why this game is profoundly disturbing but I'll save you all the lip service. Please do yourself a favor and play a respectable game.

All the best,

Kargoz
  40. Jan 22, 2016
    It's pretty and plays a lot on sexyness. It's quite disturbing thought that the female population seems to be 90% of the character base. While I understand that some people want to play as female it's obvious that a lot of players also just want to look at a sexy womans behind while playing, giving the feeling of hundreds of horny teenagers running around you while you play.

The story

The story is good if you enjoy that sort of manga/anime adventures though I personally have a bit of a problem when I'm the only survivor when my school is attacked and then I'm supposed to play with a bunch of players that are also the only survivor of when their school was attacked...

The game is more action based than WoW but don't expect it to be a mortal kombat mmo (even though many seems to want to make that comparison).

Controlls are ok-ish, I enjoy the jump float feeling.

I give it a low score since it didn't manage to capture me and since the most fun I've had in the game was in the character creation...and the character creation is quite awesome, to bad nobody else notice all the details you put in to building your persona since you are just another sexy lady with protective gear that covers 20% of your body.

I have a feeling that this game is popular mostly because people are itching big time for something to replace WoW....and horny teenagers.
  41. Feb 15, 2016
    Not much to say about it, some devout players will stick to it for the good combat system; but that is all about it. If you want to play something new and refreshing, that kicks you off your chair from all the excitement it delivers ... you will be direly disappointed.
    I will give a pro-cons from my perspective: first two weeks f2p then moved to premium
    ( you DONT GET INTO THE GAME
    ( you DONT GET INTO THE GAME WITHOUT PREMIUM e.g. in my f2p weeks I had to wait 3 hours to get into the game due to artificial waiting queues and being dced or client crashed refreshed that timer)
    Pros:
    +Up to date graphics
    +A lot of voice acted cutscenes (I think all are english)
    +developed skilltrees with a lot of variety in each class (most dont make sense though)
    +fun pvp (with buts on cons)
    +a lot of stuff to do on daily basis (with huge cons)
    Cons:
    -no level and loot feeling at all since you ve to ENHANCE ONE SET OF ITEMS to lvl 50 (when update arives) through tossing tons of low-lvl-gear at it in addition to huge ammounts of gold and later on special daily limited currency
    -Up to date graphics that you cant degrade to a way you can play this smoothly on older machines (it is not possible to turn off other players effects)
    -outdated quest, storyline and pve system (feels like playing a korea grinder from 2001)
    -pvp can be fun if you are playing the currently overpowered classes since this NOT the finished game from current korea servers these will vary... ALOT (lots of NCSOFT made nerfs that make some classes just rediculously overpowered)
    -marketplace is browserbased, crashes alot and is not permanently available
    -shop items except costumes are one-use only and way too overpriced for that
    -playing on low-end machines makes this game living hell, you ll glitch through floors and fall off the map. You wont see enemies right away, it takes minutes to render them... or their names
    -reaching end level you pretty much ignore any other instance but the pvp-arena, there is NO other reason to go there for anything but raredroped costumes
    -no roll system on items, you ought to perform an auction on droped items, means that anyone rich enough and willing to pay for that item, he ll get that item... most likely way more cheap than its actually worth. Or, in most cases, the other teammates will bid on your needed items to make you pay for it even more.
    -frustrating worldboss mechanics (world bosses engage with an aoe instant kill move to rid off ppl, non-evadable of course except with previously bought or crafted guilditem [you need to lvl a guild to craft it})
    -crafting system is a joke, order-receive-reorder-receive.... nothing to do manually
  42. Feb 7, 2016
    Great combat, fantastic Open World and Arena PvP system. I've never been really in to the whole Asian styled mmo scene, but this is definitely a game worth trying.
  43. Feb 17, 2016
    I normaly hate questing in MMOs... But this game bad me caught the moment I logged in, Smooth and fast phased combat, Intresting characters (I went from hateing a character to getting sad when I finally got my wish of the character being down in the dirt). Really challengeing combos for all the classes I played so far, I cant tell you how impressing some moments are in this game. ReallyI normaly hate questing in MMOs... But this game bad me caught the moment I logged in, Smooth and fast phased combat, Intresting characters (I went from hateing a character to getting sad when I finally got my wish of the character being down in the dirt). Really challengeing combos for all the classes I played so far, I cant tell you how impressing some moments are in this game. Really good and smooth graphics that I can look at for hours, Everything you do in your combos will feel like it really did something (Is that something you feel in say WoW?) The skill is all in PvP I have not faced one class that have been impossible to beat, just took abit of practise and thinking. The game can be alittle grindy to Free to play players as myself... But what do you expect it to be as free to play? I deffenetly dont feel its pay to win, You can buy almost all the stuff for ingame currensies and the things you cant buy for it is the membership that does give priority login. Faster leveling and resorces. But I havent had any problems loging in lately. Give the game a chanse and dont expect to understand everything instantly, afterall when you start to learn you feel alot better about it Expand
  44. Feb 11, 2016
    Interesting game THAT is supposed to be an MMO .. interesting story THOUGH there is only one storyline as is want in all theme park MMOs .. BUT much of the game is PvP with there being NO deviance in their PvP arenas for levels even though as of yesterday at 45th level they get their POWER skills and the game has 30th to 43rd level players being wrecked in ALL PvP as they just don't standInteresting game THAT is supposed to be an MMO .. interesting story THOUGH there is only one storyline as is want in all theme park MMOs .. BUT much of the game is PvP with there being NO deviance in their PvP arenas for levels even though as of yesterday at 45th level they get their POWER skills and the game has 30th to 43rd level players being wrecked in ALL PvP as they just don't stand a chance (though the PvP quests open up to players at 30th level) .. The lag on these servers are also insane with huge spikes for many players.. Don't bother playing it is just futility and the high cost of in game items seems to be saying that NSSoft knows the game won't last and they want their money out of it yesterday Expand
  45. Feb 5, 2016
    the pvp is quiet interesting but other than that considered to be dull and boring in my opinion from pve, story line , graphics, and the lack of mounts and housing which is a part of my love to any mmorpg, not to mention the grindy style.
  46. May 1, 2016
    This game is called Blade & Soul but I feel a more appropriate name is Bots & Spam. This is because everyone is either spamming or they are a bot, or worse... both.
  47. Feb 17, 2016
    Great gameplay, interesting storyline. Arena will be good again when scripters finally get banned.

Poor optimzation of the game causes horrible framerates, and all servers being in texas cause horrible ping for people in canada and those farther away from the server location. Developers need to focus on optimizing the game for newer hardware rather then pumping out content.
  48. Feb 28, 2016
    Disconnections, memory leak, poor optimization... These among other problems are things you might think a 4-year old game would have solved. To boot, NCSoft hasn't help the situation with their greedy price model or poor story translation for the US-release (the Korean version of the story is admittedly very good, if not great for an MMO). The equipment and crafting system are both garbageDisconnections, memory leak, poor optimization... These among other problems are things you might think a 4-year old game would have solved. To boot, NCSoft hasn't help the situation with their greedy price model or poor story translation for the US-release (the Korean version of the story is admittedly very good, if not great for an MMO). The equipment and crafting system are both garbage - you will not use 99% of equipment or craft 99% of the things available outside of fodder; bot run amok unbanned, loading screens everywhere - you can resurrect in the same zone you're in and the game still needs to LOAD. So what is left? The combat system is the only saving grace of this MMO, which is very well done. Though this is also plagued with problems that shouldn't exist, specifically the high ping due to NCSoft's cheap servers. BnS is a great example of a decent game gone to **** when a company wants to maximize greed at the expense of the game. Expand
  49. Jun 8, 2016
    This game have easy mechanics, or you play good or you play bad, it does not allow you to smash the buttons and will punish hard for that, especially on high end, have at least some hardcore and challenging PvE content, most players don't lie game cos they just can't play it, at least it's Esports in some counties and not for it's visuals, they insult the game cos they just suck in playingThis game have easy mechanics, or you play good or you play bad, it does not allow you to smash the buttons and will punish hard for that, especially on high end, have at least some hardcore and challenging PvE content, most players don't lie game cos they just can't play it, at least it's Esports in some counties and not for it's visuals, they insult the game cos they just suck in playing it. Game is good, not best and still very fresh (EU server, Korea have much more content), something challenging finally and have good story, combat and mechanics are unique, art is specific, but does not cut the eyes, perfectly optimized and what's important have good and sports like PvP as Arenas same open world, which at this patch level is not huge yet, hope Kor patches will come soon.
    There is bot spummer problem, but it can be fixed easily
    P.S. - Also notice that this is instanced game and not Open World lagging simulator, so most of the game you will fight in instances and Dungeons and they are not easy, especially on mid and high end parts of the game, it's different from BDO where just with macros programs you can grind zone and go to sleep or to school, so if you do not like challenging, sports like fighting (not H&S, exactly fighting) games you probably will not like it too,combat here is more like in fighting games and not like in ARPG or in H&S games. Also once again, do not forget that at this moment EU and US games are in 2012y state.

Graphics and performance - 6/10
    PvE - 10/10
    PvP - 10/10
    Role playing - 8/10
    Soundtrack - 10/10
    +1pts as minimum for some kind normal AI and challenging content (should give more, but 10 is maximum)
    Average - 10/10
  50. Feb 5, 2016
    Not a bad game, crafting is good, graphics are okay, mediocre story but it's the combat that will bore you to death eventually and i didn't even log that much time!
  51. Jan 20, 2016
    Blade and Soul-NA/EU server is one of the best games I have ever play, I have played so many MMORPG and when a new one comes out I play it but very few times it creates the enjoyment of playing and wanting to continue the game and to try all the classes, is a game with choises that actually rewards you there is no excess of weapon or armor and the dungeons are fun to play even the grindBlade and Soul-NA/EU server is one of the best games I have ever play, I have played so many MMORPG and when a new one comes out I play it but very few times it creates the enjoyment of playing and wanting to continue the game and to try all the classes, is a game with choises that actually rewards you there is no excess of weapon or armor and the dungeons are fun to play even the grind for the item is fun, the loot system is something new and inovated, not seen in any other MMORPG, the story is well writen and actually makes you want to know more about it, and even the normal quest are hook you to read what they say because all have a story behine them and they reveal the secreat of the place you are. No more going questing in a beautifull place and not know what is happening or how the place came to bee. The combat is fluent and really efficient and make it really fun to know the combos and the way you use your skill even on the comman monsters, and the classes are all perfect for their style there is no overpower, the only way to overpower other players is to be good and playing and knowing your class the best, the open world PvP is something that you can manage, and actually enjoy, is a game that challenges you and make it fun to get stronger and rewarding knowing how to play your class. So the game is something great and really fun to play and fallow, and for those who just talk and talk compering the game with others and negating the game are just losers who do not what they are talking, plus is free to play so try and you will see that I am right. Expand
  52. Jan 20, 2016
    bit of uncomfortable elements , heavy log-in queue , too much PC spec requires. but good game tho.
    fresh-new type of MMO-RPG. must play if u like oriental chivalry shows. very fits and making good experience for being a main hero of it.
  53. Jan 22, 2016
    This is probably one of the worst MMOs I've ever played...

First off, the game paces so boringly that its even hard to pay attention to the already awful voice acting and story, the graphics look like I just sprayed pledge on some bald guy's head and it has that ridiculous unreal engine 3 slow rendering problem. Trying to even log on if you play it for free is next to impossible not
    This is probably one of the worst MMOs I've ever played...

Trying to even log on if you play it for free is next to impossible not that is a bad thing cause why anyone would want to play this hot garbage is beyond me.

The combat is cool and I can see it being fun in the end game but to even get that far is like trying to eat 10lbs of mcdonalds and then going to run in the boston marathon.

Bottom line, this game sucks and you can find other MMOs worthy of your time.
  54. Jan 21, 2016
    Easily the best mmo i have played since World of Warcraft. Hands down the best pvp system i have ever experienced. Recommend this to anyone, i dont even like asian weaboo art styles.
  55. Jan 31, 2016
    After playing quite a bit more, I'm upping this from an 8 to 10.

This is actually one of the most enjoyable MMOs I've played in some time. The classes are all unique and fun. The aesthetics are quite entertaining. The movement with its glides and dashes is a joy, very fluid. Classes have lots of dodges and blocks which make for dynamic combat. I wish there were dyes. And, while I've
    After playing quite a bit more, I'm upping this from an 8 to 10.

I wish there were dyes. And, while I've yet to get tired of it, it does have one of the more linear questing systems. That said, definitely a lot of fun and one that does not show its age.

I've seen some of the professional reviewers give it mixed reviews and all I can say is that these are the same reviewers that raved over SWTOR or GW2-HoT. While admittedly they do have publishing deadlines, they seem to be very superficial reviews. It's free try it out yourself and give it a few levels.

Oh, and the story quest is one of the better ones out there. Not as good as SWTOR but that's all SWTOR had going for it.
  56. Jan 19, 2016
    Graphics and all look really pretty from the trailers and the character creation, but good luck actually playing the game unless you pay for premium access. Even then the queue is at least 300 where are non-premium users have hour wait times and queued over 3,000 and holding. So, if you just like playing with the character creator you will find yourself uninstalling relatively quickly orGraphics and all look really pretty from the trailers and the character creation, but good luck actually playing the game unless you pay for premium access. Even then the queue is at least 300 where are non-premium users have hour wait times and queued over 3,000 and holding. So, if you just like playing with the character creator you will find yourself uninstalling relatively quickly or checking back in a few months when it dies down. Expand
  57. Feb 7, 2016
    To start off, none of the reviews really tell you much about the game except to just say nothing new, this is bad. I will describe here in details what I have experienced.

Theme The theme of this game seems to be based on chinese martial art/fantasy novels. The exception been the player outfits. They are very umm..."liberal" and "flasy". But not all of them are like that. You can

Theme

The theme of this game seems to be based on chinese martial art/fantasy novels. The exception been the player outfits. They are very umm..."liberal" and "flasy". But not all of them are like that. You can choose to be a male midget with ears and tails that look really cute - nothing sexualised.

Visual

The visual environment of this game is very impressive. More so than any other game I've come across. However, its a very asian style that probably doesnt appeal to westerners. You get to glide in mid air and in certain zones it makes a really impressive and awesome experience. Namely Hong Mong Isle (starter area), Hogshead Pastures and Taimong Fishing village. (possible spelling problems, I dont remember it that well.) Its a bit like an asian "heavenly realm".

Combat

As for the combat, its smooth. The characters are easy to play, has good skill tree and combat visual. Controls is similar to TERA but better. there are two modes you can choose from. The TERA style or the default. I find the default be better. walk with keyboard "W A S D" and basic attack with left and right mouse button. Left and right mouse button execute two different skills. You also get a suite of other useful skills that have easy to use hotkeys allocated and you can freely choose the skills you want to allocate your points to and which key to assign them.

Leveling/Quests

The way to level up is through quests. Most of them are kill x creatures, or kill x and gather drops. But there are quite many others that let you get involved with the local community - e.g. turn sprinklers, gather tea leaves, food materials. help catch pets. You dont really have to repeat them to level up. But unfortunately, there are alot of them and can feel grindy. But you dont really stay in the same area for long, the monsters in new areas are different.

Plot/Dialogue

The dialogues are ok, but it will largely depend on you. There's a heavy eastern flavor which westerners may not appreciate. otherwise it can be alright if you are patient enough to read them, some of them are quite funny too. The world and characters are also consistent through out. You see characters from earlier areas and their story remain consistent.

Gear

Gearwise you get a weapon at the beginning then other accessories as you progress the early game. The cloths are only cosmetic outfits and there's a pvp faction outfit in every area you can use to combat with players that are wearing the opposing pvp faction uniform. Unfortunately I think you can be lvl 10 and they can be lvl 45...

To progress gearwise, you just upgrade them by feeding it weapon and accessory drops you get. There are multiple stages for each weapon and accessory, each stage contains 5 levels. to progress to the next stage after maxing out levels you need a class specific weapon or for accessories a specific accessory from a boss. The accessories are easy to get, but the class specific weapon can be a pain. The fastest would be to purchase from the market place or if its not tradable recommend you buy the special key that grants your class specific weapon and eliminates RNG.

Money

Money is sparse from level 1 to around level 30. Once you get to the area where monsters are around lvl 38 the quest rewards suddenly spike upwards in money rewards. and the money required to upgrade gears also spike upwards many times.

Overall

This is a very well made game, attention have been given to alot of details. Likes of this game I have not seen in others. If guild wars heart of thorns can get 85, this deserve much much better than a 0-6 score. This game does alot better.
  58. Feb 16, 2016
    everything is instanced.
    invisible walls everywhere ( no exploration ).
    quests are dumb.
    the grind is real.
    no end game.
    dailies dailies dailies dailies
  59. Jan 23, 2016
    Best combat I've ever experienced in an MMORPG, close to a fighting game when playing PVP. Also it has a story that I am enjoying. Its sappy and anime, but its motivating in a way few MMOs are (FF14 being one of the few others that I liked). The world & characters are beautiful, and the animations are stellar, you can really see the love that someone put into animating the game &Best combat I've ever experienced in an MMORPG, close to a fighting game when playing PVP. Also it has a story that I am enjoying. Its sappy and anime, but its motivating in a way few MMOs are (FF14 being one of the few others that I liked). The world & characters are beautiful, and the animations are stellar, you can really see the love that someone put into animating the game & cut-scenes. Digital actors are animated down to nuanced glances and expressive hand gestures. Fights & large scale battles in cut-scenes are well choreographed and really sell the events (when compared to other MMOs for whom a story battle may be 3 pairs of static NPCs endlessly bashing swords at each other). The detail of the animation really stands out in live battle too. Few (if any) other MMOs do as good of a job at making animations feel like they connect. If you activate a parry under a repeated NPC attack, you can see your character recoil under each blow.The music is also wonderful, selling events and cut-scenes well.

Finally, I want to come back to the combat. I only really gave it one sentence above, but the combat system is FANTASTIC! In PVP it approaches the skill level of a true fighting game, with iframes & juggles & escapes. And even with PVE the fights are a blast! As you progress through the levels, the enemy AI starts using complex moves against you (trips, blocks, grapples, etc...) and you have to up your game to keep up. And the feeling of moving into a room and fluidly decimating its entire contents without taking a hit is a pure Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon moment.

I can't rate this game high enough. I think at a few points while playing so far I had minor gripes, but as I think back I am hard pressed to recall a moment when I wasn't having fun, and when I did not want to go play more.
  60. Jan 19, 2016
    Played the Blade and Soul beta as well as Japan version for a while waiting for the NA release. During my time in the beta, I have never seen a more toxic community; (and I have long experience in CSGO).

Classes are unbalanced, some requiring an immense amount of skill to play while others require the bare minimum. If you pick the more difficult to master, not much more reward class it is flustering when other players can just smash the keyboard and win.

The game is generic. "You are the only hero that can save the land from evil" tab-combat boring MMO action. The PvP is intense and riveting, but that's primarily the only perk this game has to offer.

PvE is boring. Mobs are easy. Grind isn't really existent.

THE GAME CAME OUT IN 2012! For all you players moving from TERA, the game is no different other than tab-combat (which in my opinion is less skillful and bland for an MMO)

IT TOOK THEM 4-5 YEARS TO FINALLY RELEASE TO NA. Sorry, this drove the hype train into the ground for me. The game is outdated, so many other MMOs are releasing this year that will easily destroy this game that was once perceived to be a staple in MMO history.
  61. Mar 8, 2016
    The game is great. Seriously great.

Pro: Good end game content and challenge. Grouping is vital and necessary and easy. Cross server dungeon is great. Large variety of mobs. Graphics are good. Best thing about the game is the fighting. It's completly based on your individual skills. If you suck, you wont go far. Auction house is good and economy thrives. Content being released is fast
    The game is great. Seriously great.

Best thing about the game is the fighting. It's completly based on your individual skills. If you suck, you wont go far. Auction house is good and economy thrives. Content being released is fast and good.
    Free to play. The story is really great.

Con: Weapon upgrading is weird. Armor comes in the form of Soulshields, which isn't bad, but different.
    Worst part is the features you miss if you aren't a premium-subscribing-member. You miss out on alot of cool features like the closet to store outfits and stuff. Inventory space is ROUGH, if you dont buy extra slots.

I really like it. Not as good as FF14, but not 15$ a month to play either =)
  62. Mar 16, 2016
    This is a revised review after I reach lv 45. I have to lower score I gave. I would give it 6, +1 for free to play = 7

Good - 1.Combat System : best mmo comb i ever played 2.PVP : The best I ever played. everyone's equipment is same in arena = less farming time. 3.Music : a ton of awesome BGM in the game 4.F2P and not P2W, u don't need to money at all 5.Good Storyline in the first

Good -
    1.Combat System : best mmo comb i ever played
    3.Music : a ton of awesome BGM in the game
    4.F2P and not P2W, u don't need to money at all
    5.Good Storyline in the first half of the game.
    6.Good Character Customization

Bad
    1.PVE is dull, especially group PVE feel nothing
    2.Long loading time, need high spec PC to run the game
    3.Lagging, server issue
    4.Bots, even in PVP Arena, there are bots everywhere.
    5.No group pvp at this moment

In summary, this game is great for people who like pvp 1v1, however there are Bots in arena, which made ur enjoyment extremely decline. For PVE, there is nothing special here.
  63. Mar 1, 2016
    Great number of idiot reviews from headstart weekend **** cause they all chose the same server. Gee good job guys you all dogpiled one server and expected there not to be queues.

Anyways thats ancient history now. Game is in a good place, some things could be improved like the bots that do show up every now and then in arena matches. I hear they are more common in the low rank arena, but you dont see them hardly ever in platinum.

The game is free to play after all, so try it yourself, and form your own opinion.
  64. Mar 3, 2016
    Purchased a Founders pack (120€), lvled to 45 before even released - was one of the first reaching 45 on German less populated Server. After that - i kinda lost the interest in this Game. Since release you can't speak out of the Guild chat, spammers everywhere. The Gold cost for upgrading your Gear after reaching lvl 36+ is insane, no1 can afford that without farming or buying Gold. ItPurchased a Founders pack (120€), lvled to 45 before even released - was one of the first reaching 45 on German less populated Server. After that - i kinda lost the interest in this Game. Since release you can't speak out of the Guild chat, spammers everywhere. The Gold cost for upgrading your Gear after reaching lvl 36+ is insane, no1 can afford that without farming or buying Gold. It went downhill pretty damn fast, all of my friends quitted after i left. Unless you join a super powerful Guild (which will probably require TS3 duty all day) its impossible to enjoy this Game after reaching 45.

I don't recommend to buy this Game unless you can spent alot of Time getting into the crafting system, learning your Char ( & rotation), joining an **** Ass Guild and finally hang yourself after achieving all that.
  65. Feb 10, 2016
    Note: I bought the founders edition to play some days before the normal release date.

Pro: - Smooth and good Combat System Contra: - Invisible Walls (It's 2016 ... ) - Questing is really boring. There are like 3 different types of quests. - You look like LVL45+ on LVL1 with shopgear or even normal gear. - Char sizes are way to f***ed up. You can be a 1mm midget or a

Pro:

- Smooth and good Combat System

Contra:

- Invisible Walls (It's 2016 ... )

- Questing is really boring. There are like 3 different types of quests.

- You look like LVL45+ on LVL1 with shopgear or even normal gear.

- Char sizes are way to f***ed up. You can be a 1mm midget or a 20m tall mountain. Well that's exaggerated but it still ruins the whole atmosphere of the world...

- What the f**ck happened to the lootsystem? You actually have to bid on items. Guess what that means.

- The drops are very static. When i find a new sword or what ever weapon it always is worse than my upgraded LVL 1 weapon.

- Itemshop and Subscription ??????? Typical NCSoft Game.

- There is absolutely nothing new too see in this game.

- The best group setup is pure damage.... Unfortunately.

- It feels very very unbalanced. A destroyer shows up, Smashes ur face 10 times and ur done. Just an example.

- This stupid loading times when u go into a house or leave a region... Even World of Warcraft which is out for a way longer time handles that better than BnS...

- Way to much asia. Everywhere some little girls approx. 9 years old with huge cat and / or bunny ears wearing mini-skirts + outstanding boobs. i feel like a pedo playing this.
  66. Feb 19, 2016
    The combat was really cool I must say. But the lack of communication and the overall **** of NCSOFT was just too much for me. This game's a cash grab. I'm **** sick of being treated like **** despite spending over $100 on this game. I'm an idiot for sure for doing that, but i've never seen a company so **** terrible.
  67. Jan 29, 2016
    Amazing game! Great graphics ,the combat is incredible and the ability to glide and run so fast with all those great animations is just spectacular . Great character creation screen with lots of choices , great races and the classes with their own unique power, just brilliant ! A must try MMO !
  68. Jan 22, 2016
    This game is horrible. It is not action combat. Projectiles that target you will always hit. Several times projectiles curves in S shapes around corner to hit you. In a true action combat, if an arrow is shot at you and you jump, it shouldn't hit. This is anything but action combat. Being able to miss your sword swing if nothing stands there does not equate to being action combat.

The

The tagging system is archaic. People can and will steal your kill. There are other games that have set higher standard for the industry. Everything should have been open tag and given credit to everyone who participate. Things like this is what make people despite MMO. The loot bidding system is also terrible. All loots should be systematically given to players instead of forcing each other into a bidding war. The year is 2016 not 2006. Questing involves basic kill, escort and collect but doing it over and over is boring.

Graphic is ok, some terrain textures are hideous.

The game is free to play but it places several obstacles in your way in the most basic things such as inventory spaces and wardrobe to "encourage" you to pay up. And if you want to be competitive in either PvE or PvP, better be a whale or you're just a lowly peasant.

Overall, game play wise it is not comparable to Guild Wars 2, graphic wise it is not comparable to the upcoming Black Desert. Dungeon system is subpar compare to World of Warcraft.

Blade and Souls is mediocre at best.
  69. Apr 13, 2016
    I have been playing since launch. very good game. feels very dynamic and good.
    Pros:
    Graphics are good.
    Combat is just the best thing i have experienced before.
    Arena system is great.
    Pve is good as well

Cons:
    Crafting system feels likes it need to be reworked.
    No catchups mechanics for new players/ Alt chars
  70. Jan 19, 2016
    Though this game tried linear-storytelling like console RPGs which is differ from other MMOs, the thin story and poor level design blinds(or ruins) all of it's freshness.

I also found each classes are unbalanced, and loose game play caused by lacking contents.
  71. Jan 27, 2016
    Once youp play a game like Blade&Soul, you'll never be able to play such slow-paced-click-one-button-wait-for-gcd games like wow or FFXIV!!
    Even TERA is subpar gemplaywise....
    Also definitely no P2W!
  72. Jan 19, 2016
    Good luck actually playing it. Queue times of several hours, and then when you get in you have a 50% chance of crashing if you go into any load screen. Broken product.
  73. Feb 26, 2016
    Combat system is insanely good. 1v1 PVP is by far the most intense and best gaming experience I've ever had. PVE is pretty standard. Game currently has a lot of bots but hopefully something can be done about it.

If you like the idea of an amazing PVP Arena with a solid MMO attached to it, this is the game for you. Funny how people reviewing the game are giving it Zeros but still

Funny how people reviewing the game are giving it Zeros but still admit it has a great combat system. You'd think for a zero it wouldn't even have a combat system.
  74. Feb 16, 2016
    Best MMORPG of last years. No more words. It is a game where you can do everything new combat system, there are no frames, the community is excellent. This game is really well done, each landscape, each skill, the story is incredible.
  75. Jan 20, 2016
    *Pros
    - Combat is smooth
    - graphics are nice - unique mechanics compared to others in the genre - fast paced game but levels are not overly fast to achieve *Cons - Very linear questing - Feels like a game on rails - Starts to feel repetitive after a short time - Right now the long queues for F2P players (but this will change in a couple weeks) Overall it isn't a bad game but
    *Pros
    - Combat is smooth
    - graphics are nice
    - unique mechanics compared to others in the genre
    - fast paced game but levels are not overly fast to achieve

*Cons
    - Very linear questing
    - Feels like a game on rails
    - Starts to feel repetitive after a short time

Overall it isn't a bad game but if you are looking for a traditional trinity style MMORPG, this is not for you. If you are looking for the next attempt at an action Esport game, then you should play it.
  76. Jan 31, 2016
    Figure'd I would just go ahead and give this a 10 to outweigh all the zeroes people are giving it after only playing an hour. How on earth can you rate a game based on an hour of game play? And then say the combat is boring? You can't even unlock all your skills till level 10!!!!

Great game, great combat, lots of fun. There. 'Nuff said.
  77. Jan 30, 2016
    Best MMORPG i have played in years. As a former WoW veteran(10 years of play) i never thought i would find an other MMORPG that i could enjoy as much if not more. 9/10
  78. Jan 21, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i have to say something about ncsoft. after i installed ncsoft hacker protection shield?? and played blade$soul 15m, My computer shut it down dont boot up anymore. i am downloading windows 10 now and trying to reinstall whole my programs. this game is not for me. wasting my time. bye ncsoft. Expand
  79. Jan 20, 2016
    Great game ruined by extremly bad company who planned to milk the hype down to a game design level. Queue times for free players as of writing this are infinite because the game's devs are trying to force people to buy subscriptions. More people buy subscriptions, more people skip free players in queue, more people buy subs... The game was designed for this. Game updates are releasedGreat game ruined by extremly bad company who planned to milk the hype down to a game design level. Queue times for free players as of writing this are infinite because the game's devs are trying to force people to buy subscriptions. More people buy subscriptions, more people skip free players in queue, more people buy subs... The game was designed for this. Game updates are released without downtime and people have been online for 4 days straight. The most recent "fix" was an afk timer that kicks you after 15 minutes of inactivity. The problem is people who have been online since before the patch are immune to it and therefore stay logged in 24/7 to not lose their spot. All the afk timer does is punish free players by forcing them to endure 8-20 hour queues and kick them because they were afk (the estimated wait is completely unreliable as well) Not to mention the game's crashes that again, force you to endure a multi digit hour level of wait time. This could be somewhat fixed via a simple server restart but NCsoft openly admitted they won't restart until they release the next 2 servers in 2 days. This is a horribly obvious scam tactic meant to milk the game's hype.

The other major issue is the bots. The game had small army of gold farmer bots on release that take up a hefty amount of server space. You can see these bots easily by going to a low level dungeon and watching as they form a "train" of players farming the instance and then going to a vendor.

This game was ruined by the company before it even had a chance.
  80. Jan 25, 2016
    This game is one of the best games I've ever played.
    I do not like MMORPGs, like, AT ALL.
    This is one of, if not the only, MMORPGs out there that I actually enjoy sticking with! I have played a good bunch of MMORPGs from Ragnarok Online to WoW and honestly, I never got "hooked" as much as Blade and Soul. I'll list the PROs and CONs of the game like the rest of the reviews. This
    This game is one of the best games I've ever played.
    I do not like MMORPGs, like, AT ALL.

I'll list the PROs and CONs of the game like the rest of the reviews. This will be pretty lengthy. TL;DR is at bottom.

PROs:
    ==================================
    + Beautiful Graphics and Design
    > The characters and environment of the game is rich and full of life!
    > Each area has a feel or realism (ex: The forest is full of critters and animals, the desert feels vast and unending)

+ Character Creation
    > One of the best character creations I've ever used! You can customize a lot of features from your pupil size to the size of your hands and feet!
    >You can make yourself look ugly or beautiful with almost no real limit.

+ Gameplay
    > The gameplay is an action game for consoles rather than a traditional MMORPG point and click system.
    > Some of your abilities will give beautifully done cinematic angles as if you're watching an action movie!
    > There is a feature called Dragon Pulse Riding, which in certain areas, shows small cinematic events where your character jumps and flies from wall to wall or mountain to mountain! Absolutely stunning! It had me going "WHOA!"

+ Story
    > The story makes you feel like you're the main protagonist of the game world.
    > Progressing through the story you will find a good amount of plot twists and character build up.
    > Personal Note (People don't seem to like the "chosen one" story because it doesn't fit in the realm of MMORPG; However, I feel like the other players are your supporting characters with (or without) a voice and mind of their own. It's all about how you view the world of pretend and fantasy! :D)

+ Equipments and Pay2Win
    > In most traditional MMORPGs, you collect outfit pieces to build stats and honestly some of them can make you look "tacky" as all heck; But in Blade and Soul, you collect ONE FULL outfit and they all look stunning and beautiful however gives no stats what so ever! It is PURE cosmetics!
    > Stats are obtained by growing in levels and upgrading weapons, accessories, and obtaining "Soul Shields"
    > Some outfits allow you to interact with the game's NPC as their ally or foe. This was a really unique feature which puts you in different factions depending on what outfit you choose to wear.
    > Soul Shields are formed when you obtain Soul Shield pieces to complete a whole! you may mix and match different pieces to increase specific stats. Soul Shields are also able to be upgraded.
    > The game's real money store does not have any real Pay2Win Items at all!
    > You may buy outfits(no stats) and timed stat boosting items which may increase HP and etc last for 30 minutes at most.
    > PvP is purely based on skills when you're in the arena and the stat boost items can not be used in arena.

CONs
    ==================================
    - Queue times
    > Yes, what other people say about the queue time being long is true, but I don't feel like it should bother you too much.
    > Personal Note (I suggest you do something else while waiting in queue because you might be there for awhile but hoping that they fix this issue soon. They are adding new servers as the player base grows!)

- PvP
    > Okay I'm gonna be honest here. Some classes do seem kind of unbalanced when it comes to specific classes.
    > It can be a rock, paper, scissors type of system where someone can just spam certain skills over and over again while you have no way of blocking it, you can just counter their whole kit, or it comes down to a battle of who has better knowledge of their class.
    > Personal Note (With all that said, I'm not saying PvP sucks but rather its about who you're matched up against and your skill and knowledge of the enemy class and your own.)

- PKers
    > When you're first starting out and finally get a faction outfit, people don't seem to read the effects and there will be other people outside of town ready to put the world of hurt on you!
    > When you revive, you have 2 choices, revive at the last checkpoint or revive with your faction outfit off. PEOPLE DO NOT READ THIS and get their faces kicked in. > This also happens when you're trying to do a Faction Quest. There will be other players in different factions ready to jump you during quests... It sucks... But these quests are optional so whatever. - Voice Acting > Some of these Western ports have the worst voice acting I've ever heard! The voices give life to the characters, however, the actors portraying them are... meh. I wish there was a option to change the VO Language. So these are my PROs and CONs of Blade and Soul, but I encourage you all to try out the game even after reading the reviews TL;DR Good graphics, Fun Gameplay, No Pay2Win, Decent PvP, Long queue times, PKers (faction quests), Bad voice acting Hope this helps you guys!
  81. Jan 24, 2016
    Every time I get on to play this game, I have a blast. I am shocked that this game is this much fun. Some of these negative reviews are so off base. I encourage players to try it for yourself. If you want to experience rich content in the best combat system in an mmo to date, then try out Blade and Soul. You won't be disappointed.
  82. Jan 21, 2016
    I have not been playing the game for long but I did in fact cap a character. There are very bias opinions of the game in the line of these reviews. Here it is plain and simple, the game is good six years old, but has aged well and still very fun despite the fact that it took a long while for it to come out.

The queue times aren't going to be there forever and I'm sure NC Soft is doing

The queue times aren't going to be there forever and I'm sure NC Soft is doing everything they can to make things run smoother. As for the combat in this game it is not tab targeting, it is fast paced and skill based and really easy to dislike if you are bad at it.

All of the classes have multiple play styles with the amount of spec customization allowed in the later levels some have a play style that may feel like you are spamming, but if you are having fun who cares? The PvP in the game is very skill based and difficult to learn which is why some people will come out thinking that the game is unbalanced or bad when really it is challenging.

The end game content the little we may have is still extremely fun and at times hard to play. Things that challenge are fun that is why people play games. If the game was easier or they made one seemingly weak class super overpowered and impossible to fight in PvP then who would have any fun?
  83. Jan 20, 2016
    From the hour I got to play this game it was fun, with fluid controls. I had to get off to go to work, after returning home I find myself in a Que of 3000 people! The line was moving slow and I'm not prone to waiting an hour to play a game I kind of like. Unless they fix this I see a major dip in client base coming their way. Good luck to those of your still in line. I'm just going to waitFrom the hour I got to play this game it was fun, with fluid controls. I had to get off to go to work, after returning home I find myself in a Que of 3000 people! The line was moving slow and I'm not prone to waiting an hour to play a game I kind of like. Unless they fix this I see a major dip in client base coming their way. Good luck to those of your still in line. I'm just going to wait for Black Desert and Lost Arc, way to let me down NC Soft. Expand
  84. Jan 27, 2016
    So far Its very different than any MMO i've played. It has a Tera feel except its more strategic and 1 on 1 action. Basic story i guess haven't made it to end game. As far as the ques first couple days were crazy..but they have added 4 more servers for NA and ever since I haven't had que time at all... its free...download it and play it.. I bet you will like it
  85. Feb 3, 2016
    So the game finaly came to us. The game has always been famous and in the east even an Esport title because of its amazing combat and balanced PVP. It is a simple fact that every class can beat every class in PvP simply by playing better. Also in arena there is no armor. The only difference between the people is the way they skill their class and their skills as a player.
    This whole game
    This whole game is heavily skill based. To dodge or block you gotta dodge or block in the right moment, there is no % chance to use your shield to block some attack. The controls itself feel very good. You feel like you have complety control about what your character does. The battle system is hands down the best on the market.
    The PvE dungeons are a lot of fun because of the battle system aswell. Again the skill level shows. While some people can do a whole dungeon without ever getting hit, others will die at every boss several times. It is impressive what you can achieve with practice here aswell. It goes to the point where some people solo or duo full dungeons that other people cant even do with a full group even though both have the same armor.
    To level you will do mostly quests which are the basic stuff, that you know from all the mmos, aside of the story quests. The story is very well told and becomes insanely interesting over the course of the game.
    That being said the game doesn't have a lot of endgame right now but the first content patch is coming p February 10th (3 weeks after launch) and they intend to keep that pace up. NCsoft is going to release the full content of 4 years Blade and Soul in Korea within this year in the west. So this game will have no lack of content any time soon.
    All in all this game has a lot to offer. More than any MMO that released in the past years and since it is free you definitely should give it a shot. The people who give this game 0 as rating or say the game is unbalanced are simply bad players. Remember some MMOs are "feel good" MMOs where everyone feels like they are extra ordinary players, no matter how bad they are. Blade and Soul is not a "feel good" MMO. In this game you need to practice and learn to realy be a good player and that is exactly what makes this game so appealing!.
    So why are you still reading this? Go play :)
  86. Feb 9, 2016
    Blade & Soul isn't very innovative in the player versus environment perspective but the combat is definitely worth experiencing. If you are a fan of arena based PvP where your stats are normalized against everyone else's and your latency/skill are all that determine the winner then this is a very enjoyable game. Combat is very similar to the way fighting games work where invulnerabilityBlade & Soul isn't very innovative in the player versus environment perspective but the combat is definitely worth experiencing. If you are a fan of arena based PvP where your stats are normalized against everyone else's and your latency/skill are all that determine the winner then this is a very enjoyable game. Combat is very similar to the way fighting games work where invulnerability frames, timing, mind games, and skill upgrade points being placed into the right slots make all the difference.

I wish I could rate the game much higher but the North American release of the game is poorly optimized. This alone stopped me from giving it a 9. The other issue is that because all of the servers, as far as i'm aware, are all located in one central location which is Texas. The EU servers are located in Germany as far as the forumites have told me. This makes it pretty hard for anyone outside of those countries to get the best ping possible when it comes to arena so for those located in South America, Australia, and just anyone else that wants to play the game with friends from across the world as well as doing the cross server dungeons it may not be the best experience possible versus other MMORPGs at the moment.

The reason I can't give this game an 8 is mainly for PvE reasons. For a game that is several years old at this point in Asia it seems that the localization team decided not to give players the option to select optional voice overs that already exist for the game. For many players who are fans of Asian games and want the Korean, Japanese, or even Chinese voice overs you will have to seek outside sources in order to achieve the ability to do so. Although this isn't a huge turn off for players like myself there are many who voiced this concern before the game's launch and the developers did very little to add a simple feature.

The game's overall story is a very simple tale of revenge. To leave out spoilers but still give an idea to players that only care for the PvE content simply imagine a Kung Fu style movie where there is a chosen one. This chosen one must do great deeds to prove themselves and eventually gain enough power to defeat their enemy. Although the story is currently being held behind patches for the NA/EU release it appears that the writing doesn't get much better than that. Fans of Wuxia style anime or movies such as Kung Fu Hussle, Bruce Lee films and others this will give enough to keep you going.

Although the game does feature a premium membership it is not entirely necessary. It does confer exp bonuses, monetary gains, discounts in the cash shop, and a decrease in your fast travel cooldown it doesn't feel like it is really helpful unless you have the 12 dollars and some change a month to burn. The cash shop is also refreshing to see as it is not pay to win at all. There are convenience items that can speed up your progress but nothing that will ever make you better than another player simply because you or they have more money to spend. The outfits, for the most part, have variants that can be earned in game with some exceptions that are exclusive to the shop. Some players have stated that those specific outfits don't look very great and I'd have to agree.

Overall BnS is a very fun game and one that I've enjoyed for over a hundred hours now in both the Arena and PvE dungeons/campaign. The game has its fair share of bots which are slowly being dealt with by the devs and it feels like the early days of Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn's launch. The graphics aren't amazing but they look decent but with the game's poor optimization even my rig consisting of a mid range PC:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Overclocked to 4.3Ghz
    RAM:16 GB DDR3 1600Mhz (Team)
    GPU: Geforce Gigabyte GTX960 2GB DDR5 factory overclocked
    OS:Windows 10
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

The game only hits 60fps when there are no players around or i'm in a dungeon with only 6 players with the graphics settings set to auto. it dips to under 30fps in populated areas even with the option to hide players enabled. In the arena i'm always at 60fps even when in 1v1 or 3v3 Tag matches with all players using skills and effects enabled to max. It just seems like the game wants to die when players enter the area regardless of being hidden, skill effects disabled, view distance disabled etc...

On the forums there are even players complaining that GTX 980TIs are having issues or GTX770s are running the game with sub-par settings and still not able to consistently hold 60fps in a game running the Unreal Engine 3 and that is four years old.

BnS is fun and if you enjoy PvP it is definitely worth checking out as it has a strong esports community in Korea and hopefully, with enough updates, can achieve a strong following in the U.S. and Europe.
  87. Jun 6, 2016
    At first it look promising, I went through korean gameplay videos before it release for West and it was amazing, I signed up for beta and I loved it, however, after it release though thing went wrong, real wrong, it completely transcend into pay to win category game, those who have money to buy gold spend like crazy to level up weapons, at first I start catching up with those rich playersAt first it look promising, I went through korean gameplay videos before it release for West and it was amazing, I signed up for beta and I loved it, however, after it release though thing went wrong, real wrong, it completely transcend into pay to win category game, those who have money to buy gold spend like crazy to level up weapons, at first I start catching up with those rich players by using trade, earning a little gold everyday but it never enough, greed in the game trading system keep rising like clinton and G.W Bush campaign promises and even with all my account character crafting Moonwater transformation stones 4.5 gold piece each average ingame price atm for 10 stone give me 45 gold and it cost me around 30 gold to craft it sometime even higher, just left me 15 or less gold. It take 24hr to craft those stone, everyday I was going through same routine again and again, and price in market sometime goes down to 2 gold per piece, at that time I just stop crafting because it cost me more to craft then selling and get profit, but that not a problem for those rich players. They just get what they want and those player who can't do so, well we stuck with repetitive quest to farm gold everyday. For those who can only play for few hours a day, it just impossible. Game story is amazing, gameplay is amazing, graphic is also amazing for old game but for me this game is ruined by all those rich A **** players who can't stop showing how rich they are, they change fashion every week with real money from market and they buy it and showed it to rest of the server, brag about it, twitch it, twit it, facebook it, they even sms about it. Just imagine you are in group of 6, 5 are rich with fashion and stuffs, bragging about their gold or their weapon upgrade, they showed it in your face, and you stand alone there with no gold and stone to upgrade weapon with begger outfit waiting for them to end their talking, how cute their pets look, how amazing the outfit goes with the hair pin, they don't even care about dungeon quest, they hardly participate after few run, because they have everything they got why to repet endlessly. Some players are poorer then the summoner's summoned cats for god sake. THose cat have premium outfit and fashion 1000x better then a normal player.

This game is amazing but it will be ruined by all those who want to show off how rich they are or those who want to use it to make themselve popular in social sites. Wish there MMORPG which doesn't need trade system because like all other MMORPG this game is ruined by same system every show off players created "pay to win"

This game is only for rich people same as all other MMORPG.

F****** rich bas**** players, not only people like you ruined the real world for us, you even ruined virtual world.

I don't blame NCSOFT, they do need economy to run such games, its the players who ruined it.

Good bye one of my favorite game (╯︵╰,)
    This is hodor, signing out (╯︵╰,)

To all those who ruined this game and real world, both
    ............./´¯/)........... (¯`
    ................... /........................../
    ..................(.......... ..)................/
    ............................ ../............./
  88. May 3, 2016
    For how old the game is it is pretty good, combat is nice and very combo heavy. Which is different when compared to a game such as tera which also has a combat system thought more skills and items to use then compared to BnS. (Still prefer tera's combat as I feel there is never a time when i'm stuck just spamming auto do to being unable to cast ability one after another as apposed to BnS.)For how old the game is it is pretty good, combat is nice and very combo heavy. Which is different when compared to a game such as tera which also has a combat system thought more skills and items to use then compared to BnS. (Still prefer tera's combat as I feel there is never a time when i'm stuck just spamming auto do to being unable to cast ability one after another as apposed to BnS.)

The story line is rather interesting and the side quests are more or less essential to lvling with the typical gathering, kill amount and return quests.

The games PvP is actually really **** good when in arena, it balances gear and lvls for the 1v1 and tag team matching. So even if you are fighting a lvl 50 player if you can land a successful counter you can still hurt them alot.

What I honestly hate about this game is open world PvP, the faction system and gear progression. The open world PvP is horribly unbalanced since it is related to factions, there is nothing stopping high lvls from camping out faction areas to kill lower lvl players as the NPC's in the camp areas are only scaled for that areas lvl. The faction sizes are also extremely disproportional with one side always being larger than the other side for no reason. If you had given me the option to not join a faction then I would have been more then content to be a solo player and not bother with the blue and red fighting. But since the game forces you either in early lvls or later on to pick one side, as well as the fact a item which is needed in practically every crafting guild can only be obtained in decent quantity through faction dailies, its just horrible should you be on during peek hours and in the not as popular faction.

Gear progression is a nightmare after you hit 36 as the game no longer give you even 1 of the 20+ stones you will eventually need to upgrade your weapon, 3~5 accessory items. You'll also need a lot of gold, which sadly unless you craft and play the market or run a lot of end game dungeons is very scarce while lvling due to low quest rewards.
    The game is also hosted by NCsoft who have never really had a successful game that wasn't plagued with bugs, bad servers, bots out the window (literally you will see a bot every 5 minutes, if not then they will probably be spamming chat 20 times in a second.) All i

1. May 18, 2016
    Addictive MMORPG with a classic core, whose main attraction is a great and entertaining fight together with a number of well-functioning systems. Only some particular technical problems and boring quests prevent the gem to achieve the greater score.
  2. Apr 20, 2016
    We waited a lot to play Balde & Soul, but NCSOFT's MMO arrives on the west market a little too late. The action oriented combat system is interesting and well designed, but PvP is still unbalanced and the endgame is tasteless and boring. The game, in conclusion, has very good intuitions but a very bad structure.
  3. CD-Action
    Mar 30, 2016
    A belated game following the band of other Korean MMOs vanishing on the horizon. [03/2016, p.58]