6.5

1. JoeC
    Jul 8, 2009
    Have you heard of the board game version of this video game? Well, this is still very much a board game, make no bones about it. If you wanted more of an action-type game, don't bother--the real-time adaptation of the game leaves much to be desired. The meat and potatoes is the turn-based version. If you like board games, chances are you'll really dig this game. The mechanics Have you heard of the board game version of this video game? Well, this is still very much a board game, make no bones about it. If you wanted more of an action-type game, don't bother--the real-time adaptation of the game leaves much to be desired. The meat and potatoes is the turn-based version. If you like board games, chances are you'll really dig this game. The mechanics are clever and keep the action tense. There's tons of dice rolling, but there's also a ton of luck-mitigating factors to make a serious strategy game out of it. Skill plays a dominant role both on the pitch, and off it. Expect to grow an RPG-like attachment to your team as you watch it grow in size and ability through the seasons, and be ready to cry some large nerdy-man-tears when your star players get killed, never to play again. Nevertheless, tons of strategy and hours of fun--IF you're into strategy/board games, comfortable with a fantasy setting, and care enough about sports to laugh at it. Likely a seven or more if this applies. If this does not apply, you'll likely rate this no higher than four. Sounds and visuals will get repetitive. And since you won't fall in love with the mechanics, you probably won't come back. Expand
  2. MattL
    Jul 13, 2009
    Neat, tidy and faithful recreation of the best board game ever. Everything a Blood Bowl fan would want and a easy to use intro for new players. Only down side is some funniness with ports
  3. Gianmarcov
    Oct 5, 2009
    Good conversion of the boardgame, but only for the Blood Blow fans. Nice online mode.
  4. JoshuaC
    Jul 16, 2009
    If you like miniature games and strategy games. the turnbased elements of this game are great. the multiplayer interface could use some help but the Pro's well out way the cons
  5. CriticalFailure
    Jul 2, 2009
    For fans of the board game this is spot on. The only real drawbacks are the lack of races in the initial release. We've been promised additional races as the game development continues post release but its still a drawback that all races wasn't released at first.
    A must have for blood bowl fans.
  6. Bor
    Jul 3, 2009
    The Best Game!!!
  7. RobinS
    Jul 8, 2009
    Blood Bowl is an amazingly successful conversion of a table-top game to the PC scene. It's still what I'd call a well-developed beta ('Real' retail launch in September), and players are getting a patch a two a week right now, but things are looking very promising indeed. Once the last annoying issues have been ironed out, I'd say we have a winner, even for people Blood Bowl is an amazingly successful conversion of a table-top game to the PC scene. It's still what I'd call a well-developed beta ('Real' retail launch in September), and players are getting a patch a two a week right now, but things are looking very promising indeed. Once the last annoying issues have been ironed out, I'd say we have a winner, even for people who haven't played the table-top version. Expand
  8. MarcelZ
    Oct 5, 2009
    If you love the table-top game, this is right what you need.
  9. ChrisW
    Dec 18, 2009
    This is game is an amazing recreation of the tabletop rules. Forget complaints about graphics and A.I., if your not playing this game online or with friends you really are still in 1999 and should give up; consider the RealTime playing and Cpu battles bonus flavor for training, not the real game.
  10. BryanZ
    Dec 30, 2009
    The only people who won't find this game a blast are those with no patience. So if you text somebody sitting 2 feet away from you steer clear! If you like to blow a few hours crushing the souls of the opposition then I'll see you in the finals!
  11. BradK
    Jul 26, 2009
    I have always been interested in Blood Bowl, but have never been able to try it out. When i heard the PC game was a faithful recreation of the board game, i was excited to say the least. This game is all that i hoped it would be. I learnt how to play by reading the official board game rules, and suffice to say, it's pretty damn faithful! It's a hell of a lot of fun, with I have always been interested in Blood Bowl, but have never been able to try it out. When i heard the PC game was a faithful recreation of the board game, i was excited to say the least. This game is all that i hoped it would be. I learnt how to play by reading the official board game rules, and suffice to say, it's pretty damn faithful! It's a hell of a lot of fun, with excellent multiplayer prospects, and is being well supported by Cyanide. If you're interested in the fantasy Warhammer universe, or a just interested in the idea of a medieval styled game of gridiron, you won't be disappointed! Expand
  12. Sep 10, 2010
    It is and great game. Every race is different and fun to play...except for Dorfs(read:Dwarves).It has great multiplayer,and awsome blitzers and Big Guys. Very good game. Higly Reccomend it
  13. PhilB
    Dec 30, 2009
    As a fan of the board game I love it! I know that it's not easy for beginners to get in to, it but neither is the board game and it is supposed to be a faithful recreation after all. You wouldn't expect to learn chess in 30 minutes. If you want a game with an impressive depth of tactics and endless playability then buy the game, sit down and learn to play it!
  14. Sep 15, 2010
    Love this Game. I can't stand most sports games, and this just lets me have fun. The turn base mode is great way to get comfortable if you prefer strategy. Love the variety of races. Sure it doesn't have ALL the races from the Board game, but none the less, it provides great variety.
  15. Oct 26, 2015
    A fun game that does not require reflexes but brains. Role playing elements and strategy works great together. There are many races you can pick. You have to plan your game for a W. I am not even into american football but this game is fun if you like slow games/board games/turn based games.

I wish it was possible to save and quit during the matches for solo play (a game takes 40-45 minutes). Other than that I have no complains. Great game. 10/10.

1. Blood Bowl features some interesting ideas, like introducing a real-time component to the universe of the board game. Furthermore, it really achieves the look and feel of the miniature game, providing a experience that resembles the original product without any doubt. Despite the fact that this is a product that fit good the fans liking, it can be interesting for every kind of gamer. Only the real time mode, that quickly become a nonsense melee is a visible drawback for a good planned and constructed game.
  2. The game can be quite challenging, especially in the round-bases game mode, but after one week you've seen all the game has to offer. Nonetheless it's the perfect game for small tournaments from time to time and to give elves a good thrashing.
  3. In conclusion, the version of Blood Bowl we played was rather impressive, however if you despise American Football but love the universe, we do suggest you take a look at the game due to the Warhammer references and items.