Boiling Point: Road to Hell PC

7.3

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Dafuq i just played!!!
    - game is broken as hell
    -stupid story about an ass*ole looking fo his kidnapped daughter.
    -stupid and repetitive characters
    -game looks like it came out 2003 because the graphics is bad.
    -voice actors suck BALLS!!!
    the only good thing about this crap maybe the intro song.
  2. JonF.
    May 22, 2005
    The graphics in the game are poor. I runs very poorly even on the lowest settings. The AI is poor, the vehicle handling is poor. The Idea for the game is good and the voice acting is excellent. But it just runs poorly, I would wait for S.T.A.L.K.E.R to come out rather than buying this. Overall rating: poor
  3. GoldenScan
    May 24, 2005
    Well, its crap. The screenshots look nice enough, the features list sounds very promising, but the actual gameplay is awful.
  4. DJKKid
    May 27, 2005
    One of the most frustrating games I've played in a while, because it has so much potential and I really want to like it. Unfortunately, poor AI, flat, dull graphics, awful performance, lack of atmosphere (when compared to e.g. Far Cry or GTA) and a host of bugs get in the way. I'm waiting for a patch to fix some of this, but you know what they say, "You can't polish a t*rd"...
  5. SlackS.
    Jun 5, 2006
    One of the most spectacularly awful games I've ever played. Tries and fails to be too many different things. It just gets everything completely wrong. Let me give you a brief list. Clumsy shooter action, horrible vehicle control, half-baked RPG elements, laughable script/voice acting, extremely primitive character interaction/AI, awful graphics performance, rough sound effects, bad One of the most spectacularly awful games I've ever played. Tries and fails to be too many different things. It just gets everything completely wrong. Let me give you a brief list. Clumsy shooter action, horrible vehicle control, half-baked RPG elements, laughable script/voice acting, extremely primitive character interaction/AI, awful graphics performance, rough sound effects, bad interface design... I could go on. This only scratches the surface of what's wrong with just the gameplay, if you could call it that. I haven't even mentioned the bugs yet. Despite not one but two patches, the game is still completely broken. I'm dumbfounded at some of the high review scores for this game. It's absolutely terrible. Avoid it at all costs. Expand
  6. Aug 24, 2013
    While the game is not bad, it surely is one of the clumsiest I've ever attempted to play. It is Hell not because it depicts hell, but because it is hell to play it. Unless you are really patient, you'll get bored quite quickly going from A to B on-foot, because stealing some car is not as easy as GTA easy, and cars are rare anyways. This, and the fact that in the beginning you are reallyWhile the game is not bad, it surely is one of the clumsiest I've ever attempted to play. It is Hell not because it depicts hell, but because it is hell to play it. Unless you are really patient, you'll get bored quite quickly going from A to B on-foot, because stealing some car is not as easy as GTA easy, and cars are rare anyways. This, and the fact that in the beginning you are really overpowered in terms of guns and weapons. The pistol is almost useless against enemies, and that's on easy mode. I kept shooting, and they just wouldn't die, but I died very quick when they used their assault weapons. Not exactly fair. Apart from combat and movement, the character interaction, skills and looting are badly implemented themselves, breaking a gameplay that's supposed to be fluid to work.
    I would say that this is a game to install and play with a save downloaded on the internet, just to cruise around and avoid the unnecessary frustration of completing it yourself.

1. Put it like this: This is probably one of the most enjoyable piece of early-Beta code that I've ever played. You want to damn Atari for releasing it like this. However, you also want to hail them for spending money on something of Boiling Point's ambition rather than the safe option.
  2. Raw and addictive, but lacks the polish to make it stand out in a niche market.
    The concept behind Boiling Point is a good one but it is perhaps a little too ambitious, leaving many parts of the game a little dry and particularly bug-ridden.