8.1

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1922 Ratings

1. Sep 23, 2012
    I'm about 20 hours in so far, and I must say I enjoy this game more than should be possible. I see a lot of people complaining about the game play being exactly the same and the graphics being crap. Here are some answers for you guys. One, a good sequel is essentially the same game with improvements across the board, which is exactly what Borderlands 2 is. If it had changed too much, people would be pissed that it's not the same thing, so this feels perfect to me. Two, the graphics are supposed to look like this. It's cel shaded, it's not going to look like you're playing a movie like most modern gamers have become accustomed to. It has its own type of art that really works for the game. The characters are similar (with the exception of Salvador) to the other four because it creates a sense of familiarity that people who played the first game will identify with. All in all, it's an amazing game. Expand
  2. Sep 23, 2012
    Awesome game, looks great on PC too, runs smooth, and tight controls, with tons of content to boot as well. This is how you make a sequel people. (also tons of new features make it feel fresh and new).
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    I played the first game to death so when this came out I didn't know if I had another one in me. I was wrong. This game is amazing. The developers have improved the pc experience over Borderlands 1 in so many ways. I think that inventory management could be a little better but when you pick up a gun that catches dudes on fire and then you huck it at a dudes face and it explodes the small issues with the UI are forgotten. Although the story itself is passable, the writing is funny and memorable. Who cares about story when you are busy getting MAD LOOT! Expand
  4. Feb 15, 2013
    This game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing is hilarious and general mood of the world is outstanding. If your tired of BF3 and COD and are looking just for pure fun and smiles grab this game for sure. Expand
  5. Aug 8, 2013
    Well done Gearbox. Except for a bit of stutter in the menus the PC port is great. It's basically Borderlands all over again, but nothing wrong with that: excesses of run and gun with an insane amount (of mostly crappy) loot to sort through. Dozens of time wasting 'challenges' and 'unlockables'. Numerous tough set pieces that kill you and make you try again. Bundled with an accessible, enjoyable multiplayer. In short this game is a near-perfect (mindless) shooter. The humour is amusing, the gunplay is fun (and tough at times). Character skill trees do the job. And if you can snap up the season pass on sale, this game is BIG, giving gamers plenty of time to waste if they so desire. Nothing at all to complain about here. However since I find the game personally a little empty, long-winded and (dare I say it) boring, it scores 9/10 from the orctowngrot. Expand
  6. Jan 7, 2013
    Amazing Amazing Amazing. The world is so much fun, the entire game is one big joke. I sit and laugh the whole time I play. Great characters, appealing art, funny yet interesting storyline.

I really liked seeing my old favorite characters too. I cant get enough of this game. I love playing solo or with friends. Best Game of 2012.
  7. Jul 20, 2013
    This game is fantastic and is a great successor to what was originally a great game. The classes, while bearing a striking resemblance to the vault hunters of the first game, are better defined and feel fresh compared to the classes of the original. The gameplay is just as good as you would expect, the storyline is good (although, just like in the 1st borderlands, you can tell that they stretched it out at points, and the endings are mostly identical), and the characters are great. The game really shines in multiplayer though- I'm glad that they have cross-platform play between the Mac and PC, but it's currently out-of-synch because of a patch update for the PC that has yet to come out for Mac. Other than that, the game is fantastic. Expand
  8. Nov 24, 2012
    borderlands 2 is great.the gameplay is great theres a lot of missions and side quest.very funny i suprised for good becuase i dont like that kind of games i will give it 9/10
  9. Oct 29, 2012
    It's great. There are lots of flaws, but the amount of pure fun you get out of it outweighs it all.
    Sure the weapons are a lot less varied than in BL1, sure the inventory sucks, yeah you can't upgrade your ammo capacity as much as you'd like, and of course that there are a few plot holes, but it doesn't matter, it has great characters, lots of varied missions, many ways to build your
    characters, quite a bit of replay value and it's very very entertaining overall. Expand
  10. Nov 15, 2012
    Borderlands 2 does a good job of making this shoot and loot RPG not fall into the trap of becoming very linear. Although to some extent the storyline feels linear the side quests do a great job of breaking up the story, the zones are great and you will find some truly epic moments that made me howl with laughter and also fall silent as you are drawn into the events unfolding before you. The second run through ramps up the difficulty to a good level with bosses and groups of mobs or events requiring some kind of strategy. I have played this game mainly in Co-op and that is whereI have found most fun, in games comms work well and I have found random players and majority of the community to be good company. Ultimately I would recommend you grab some friends, jump in and go crazy. A very solid 9. Expand
  11. May 25, 2013
    Such a wonderful open world, full of fun and violence. Borderlands 2 is a big step up from Borderlands 1, and will keep you entertained for at least 25 hours. The only thing I dislike are the invisible walls, they can get slightly annoying.
  12. Aug 25, 2013
    Excellent game, the brilliantly wide variety of guns, gadgets and missions keeps you coming back for more and more, and the boss fights get more and more epic. A truly special game I was happy to complete.....

Only for it to get even better in multiplayer!

A really great game.
  13. Jan 12, 2013
    IMO not as good as Borderlands 1 (that game was more hard and more gritty). But BL2 does have better visuals and prettier explosions. Also has less bugs. The DLCS are decent, well worth the money. Gearbox gives golden keys regularly which is awesome.
  14. Dec 31, 2012
    An infinitely delectable game. It's beautifully thought-out: phenomenal artwork, more guns than you could dream of and a challenge you can just about handle around every corner. Excellent in every respect - Borderlands 1 was fantastic but this is beyond doubt one of the most enjoyable and immersive games ever made.
  15. Jan 10, 2013
    Each one hour I play , more I wanna play , it's so involving , i like it and don't give up this is the best game i ever played , bought all dlc's and waiting for others coming
  16. Jan 15, 2013
    Wait a minute. Those cookies aren't chocolate chip. Those...are...raisins. WHYYYYYY-HY-HYYYYY?! SHAWTY, DESTROY ALL THE FOOD DISPENSERS! WIPE THE RAISIN ABOMINATIONS OFF THE MAP! I JUST WANTED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE?
  17. Feb 19, 2013
    Gearbox really did a fantastic job on Borderlands 2. Everything, from the enviroments, the gun variety, and the humor are really fantastic and I can't praise the developers more than I can already. Aside from a few minor complaints, there is nothing holding it back from a major award. The opening mission really pulled me in, as Claptrap's hilarious first dialouge sets up the start for the game. Claptrap's dialouge in it of itself is very hilarous and at times moves the plot forward. Seaking of plot, this is an area where Borderlands 2 excells. Handsome Jack is hands down one of the best villians I have ever faced. The returning cast of characters from the first game are all given something to do and a role to play. Moving on, the variety is insane, with more weapons than I can attempt to count, and the customization for your characters is equally as impressive. The side quests in this game are massive in number and you will never find yourself running low on them. And the side quests play a role too, because you cannot JUST DO THE MAIN QUESTS. That is highly inadvisable, as the teeming hordes of enemies that Handsome Jack throughs at you towards the end will show no mercy when they cut you down. The drop in, drop out co-op is very impressive, and in my opinion, the only way to play. My friend and I(HUGE thanks to him) played through the game together from level 1 up to our current level of 29 and we have only scratched the surface of the multitude of quests this game has to offer. My only complaints are that the npc's in Sanctuary and the other non-enemy controlled towns are very bland and seem to use the same character model. The memes in this game are everywhere to be found and NEVER go away. Memes only tell us that your too lazy to write an actual joke so you have to take someone else's content. But nonetheless, this game is amazing and I cannot wait for the upcoming DLC's this game has to offer. Expand
  18. Apr 21, 2013
    I like this game a lot, you can shoot many different guns and there is also multiplayer co-op. I have the season pass too which adds lots of more enemies and more guns. This game is more fun than Aliens:Colonial Marines. I like.
  19. Mar 1, 2013
    Amazing game! Better than the first by far! I absolutely love this game all but 1 aspect. That aspect is that you cannot have unlimited space in your bank witch would be great. I suppose that it really isn't necessary since you can buy space for it. Other that that i love this game to death!
  20. Oct 2, 2013
    I love this game! I am a huge fan of B1 and in B2 i get exactly what i was expecting. It is a must have for all B1 fans. Awesome graphics and perfect gunplay!
  21. Sep 18, 2013
    The same great style of Borderlands, good voice acting, good characters, etc. I actually played this one all the way through unlike the original. Unfortunately that's not enough to unlock all the skill trees and apparently they expect multiple replays. Mulitplayer jumping in and out of games is pretty seamless and well done. There are exploits to let you hold on to your premium chest keys and wikis with all the codes if you're in to gear hoarding. Expand
  22. Apr 16, 2013
    I spend so many hours with this game that I even stop counting. If You liked the first part You must play this one too! Because it is so much better. Plot maybe isn't epic but is a good add on to a great shooter rpg.
  23. Aug 17, 2013
    Absolutely amazing! I've invested 190 hours as of now, and not one of them was dull. Borderlands 2 is better in every aspect than the first, excluding two things. The only things keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the removal of weapon proficiencies and the gun manufacturers S&S munitions, and Atlas. Other than that, this game is nothing short of a masterpiece. With it's chaotic, fast-paced firefights, it's awesome co-op multiplayer, and great leveling system, I can't put a price on this game that I wouldn't be willing to pay. Expand
  24. Jul 4, 2013
    Borderlands 2 deliveries more fun, in a already amazing game title. This game has lots of replay ability, and lots of great dlc,s to keep you LOOT hunting for a very long time.. Oh and slot machines you can win money, items and guns. Ps, and more Moxxi
  25. May 19, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is an incredible, breathtaking game. The storyline is engaging and hilarious, and the game features some of the best voice acting i've ever heard in a game. The combat is addictive, especially when you're playing co-op, and there is nothing more rewarding then defeating the baddies and going to retrieve your new gun. The best shoot and loot of all time.
  26. Jul 26, 2013
    Giving this title anything less than a 10 would be unthinkable. It is so incredibly rich in its design that you can feel the intelligence of the developers bleeding through everywhere. This game marks a new era in first person shooters. I've put over 200 hours into the game so far and it always manages to feel new every time I sit down to play it. I have to make myself stop playing usually.

The greatly improved on the game dynamics and interface over the original Borderlands. It's perfectly polished for the PC this time. The graphics are great and the DLCs are actually good enough to merit buying them. The storyline in conjunction with the models and voice acting is insanely compelling. You all rock, keep it up!
  27. Jul 16, 2013
    the game is nice all in all not many bugs generally this game rocked i can highly recommend this game for everybody who wants a good laugh. and a challenge buy this game and you will get good laugh though the game is a bit boring at the start the funner missions starts later in the game
  28. Jul 22, 2013
    A much better game than the first, I have really only one complaint and that is to have the weapon vendors carry good weapons I spend a lot of time scavenging for and the vendors carry the crappiest of gear and for me it is disappointing.
  29. Jul 22, 2013
    Only drawback is I wish my friends played more really haha. The game also looks amazing on PC. I played this albeit not all the through, on 360 and PS3 before almost exclusively switching to PC games.
  30. Jul 25, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a great example of a fun game (to play with friends.)
    The basic storyline is just taken from Borderlands (the first game) Where the characters are trying to get to the vault. The same thing happens in this game, except it is with different characters and some 'Different' Objectives.
    The game tries to make you play with your friends. I have noticed (while playing by
    myself) that it becomes extremely hard to complete bosses on your own, but when you have a friend play with you, you can kill him first try For example, Wilhelm (a boss) took me two days, or 20 tries, to beat by myself, but then with a friend, it is one try. When it says has joined the struggle! The creatures of pandora strengthen!' I think what it means is has joined the (non) struggle! The creatures of pandora Weaken!' I have yet to beat the game, but somehow this game makes me coming back for more. My friend is kind of obsessed with this game, he is really good at it aswell. We were playing it together one night, and we agreed that we would complete the game and do True vault hunter mode, and then I bought ultimate vault hunter mode for both of us. The thing is, you will get bored of the game sometimes, and leave it for a month or two, and then when you have nothing to do, you go to it and say "Please forgive me, oh great Borderlands 2, I need your great therapy for my looting lust". In fact, I haven't been able to not play the game for at least a month, because the great multiplayer keeps bringing me back. The gameplay has no 'special' features to it, but in it's core it is just an RPG/FPS/MMO game, where it's fun to mess around online. Overall, I would only buy this game if other people on your friends list have the game and actually want to play it with you. The repetitiveness is easily forgiven through the great feeling of killing a massive robot and getting your first legendary weapon from it. My rating of this game would be a 87%, in other words, it's a great game, for a great price. As long as you don't mind a little bit of repetitive missions and storyline, the developers took their time to render and program over 100,000+ guns, which you will enjoy. Buy it only if you want it. Expand
  31. Jul 28, 2013
    This is a great FPS with a funny storyline that had me dodging bullets and giggling the entire time. Great and constant DLC support will keep you shooting for a long time.
  32. Jul 30, 2013
    really love it!!! best game ever. got over the 900 hour playtime. and im still enjoying the game. the mix of action and humor makes this game perfect!! im looking forward to the next dlc's.
  33. Jul 30, 2013
    Gearbox has made another spectacular game that is great to play with friends or alone. With the almost never ending DLC that always add to the challenge to this game. With all games it has its bugs, but with updates they can be fixed. It just takes some time. I love playing this game with friends with finding all the humor, bugs, and Easter eggs. So i would love to rate this game a full 10/10!
  34. Jul 31, 2013
    Borderlands 2 does not change the gameplay in any significant way, but it does fix every single flaw that was present in the original, where Borderlands 1's greatest weaknesses became Borderland 2's greatest strength. This sequels has more colorful environments, an engaging story, an entertaining cast of characters and much greater enemy variety which draw you into the experience just as much as the core gameplay mechanics do making this feel like a whole package. Expand
  35. Aug 12, 2013
    If i had imagined game like Diablo but in genre of FPS it would have been Borderlands 2! Great loot system, great weapons/items variability. intelligence of AI is best for me so far i've never play any shooter with such crafty enemies. Actually this is rare case when i spend all the weekend playing the game.
  36. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is just plain fun. Playing the first Borderlands and being extremely let down by the storyline, I was really hesitant to pick up this and play it, but glad I did.

I am very satisfied how the developers tried to keep some combat elements familiar to Borderlands 1, but expanded and improved on them as well. Some sequels (Mass Effect series comes to mind) are notorious for
    completely redoing the combat system and physically changing the feel of the game, but not so with BL2.

The storyline was extremely satisfying and tied up many loose ends from the first game, and was somehow both dark and humorous at the same time. The side quests were not mindless milk runs, and I genuinely enjoyed completing them for the interaction with the NPC's in the game.

The enemies gave enough variety and difficulty to keep combat interesting the entire game, and the add-on packs even more so.

I think one of the best features is that this game is fun both as a single player campaign or as multiplayer. The dynamics are very different for both playstyles, but both are equally fun.

One negative I will point out with this game is how the graphics engine is coded and all of the glitches and bugs it produces. Similar to Crysis, it does require significant horsepower to run, and it is not because the graphics are "just so phenomenal". Its because the rendering software was not optimized properly. During some parts of the game, I found myself in the heat of combat only to receive the lag spike of death and losing all progress since my last save.

Overall, extremely happy with this game.
  37. Sep 3, 2013
    I enjoyed the first game, it was unique, but it lacked any real direction, and got very redundant. Borderlands 2 vastly improves upon the first game by having a very immersive and well acted storyline that really brings the characters to life and immerses the players in the games world. The action is more fast based and explosive than the first game, and the loot options seem more practical and refined.

Overall, this game is amazing. Probably the best game of its genre in years. They must have done something right, because I cant wait for new DLC to be release so I can play the game more. Bring on part 3!!!
  38. Sep 14, 2013
    I like this game because it's beautiful (graphics and all) to the point and has lots of shooting to do. The story is also likeable. It has a non-linear setting and it's a no-nonsense game. No disappointments.
  39. Sep 27, 2013
    The game is one of my favorite shooter.A very godd prosecution for Borderlands 1. Not to easy and not to hard and the Multiplayer is one of the bests.
  40. Oct 7, 2013
    I consider that this game has a lot to offer. yes some say it's the first borderlands ,version 2.0 but playing the 1st borderlands, i don't feel that way. it's hell of a lot fun even if you play alone, but in co-op everything gets better the story gets much deeper and it has more replay-ability value consider adding this to your game collection
  41. Nov 24, 2012
    Gameplay very similar to the first with some slight evolution in terms of expansion of weapon variety, character classes and grenade mods. The aesthetics of the game are really nice and it runs well but the best thing about this game which absolutely trumps the first is the story. I really liked it and quirky voice acting which was superbly written ties it all together.
  42. Oct 14, 2012
    Borderlands is the pinnacle of what it is. If you found the core gameplay of Borderlands 1 to be dull and repetitive, I see why you think that, and Borderlands 2 probably won't be categorically better for you. But if you liked Borderlands, then this is that with everything made better. Especially noteworthy is the writing, which is both greatly expanded and significantly better, with a much larger and more exciting cast of characters. And yes, there is a proper ending this time. Expand
  43. Oct 1, 2012
    Borderlands 1 was pitch perfect; this one goes even further! Excellent graphics, excellently designed guns and terrain. Great gameplay mixed with lots of explosions is a must these days and this game does just that. It combines everything that a FPS player wants and turns it into a masterpiece. Great game, deffinetely better than it's predecessor.
  44. Jan 12, 2013
    Great game, especially for a console port. I was hesitant to play it on PC initially, but I am happy I did. From the moment you start, until well into a third play through it is non stop action. The weapon variety and constant lure of new and interesting weapons keeps you playing long hours into the night.

My main issue is eventually you are given the ability to fight one or more
    'raid bosses' that require 4 people to play. In a game where you can play all the way through solo, or with just one friend this is disappointing to suddenly have to play with strangers to progress. This is especially hard to do in a game where weapon drops can be picked up by whoever is closest and it is up to them to share or not. This is the only item keeping me from scoring this as a 10. Expand
  45. Sep 30, 2012
    It is a nice game but I don't know... i have the same felling when a played the first borderlands... is repetitive. After all, is a very nice design and a very nice gameplay... I like the humor in this game and also the multiplayer.
  46. Sep 25, 2012
    Although the annoyingly long reload times are still there and skills are really boring, the game's still a good one. At the end of the day it's about the guns and killing alot of mobs, which is fine by me.
  47. Jun 11, 2014
    GUNS, GUNS, GUUUNS, as Marcus puts it! Excellent game that is an upgrade sequel to the Borderlands in every way. STORY Just about the same as it is in Borderlands. You get to Pandora, do some main quests, do some shooting/fethching/timelimit quests and first and foremost GET MORE GUNS BABY. Borderlands 2 features a set of mostly very interesting characters of which every has its individual way of aproaching you as the vaulthunter. The thing I love about this game is that while some sidequests are simple and boring errands, still many of those sidequests are actualy both fun and interesing and enrich the main story. Here and there you get a great gun or a fun sidestory or a silly villain or... everything of that at once! I`d say that Handsome Jack managed to lead me through the story just like Vaas did in Far Cry 3 - in a different way ofcourse but still - complicated character, sometimes funny sometimes bloodthirsty. Kept me going the whole time with no sign of boredom whatsoever.

AI
    Very good. Lots of different types of enemies attack you in lots of different ways. You have to use some strategy depending on who you face. There are melee runners, snipers, riflemen, tanks, kamikazes, midgets, retards, yuppies and more.Some of them even use the loot dropped by their dead fellowmen against you.

GAMEPLAY
    Outstanding. Gunplay in this game is yet to be rivaled. You get just about any type of a wapon you can think of. Add to that a set of different effects each wapon causes and you have thousands of variants. The player can customize his inventory 100% to his likes and can play the game in any way he wishes. So every encounter is different.

GRAPHICS
    Slighly better than Borderlands. In my opinion it shows its age already but the map variety and artstyle compensates for it 100%. You don`t really pay attention to the graphics here as the maps are very fun and complicated. Character models are ok aswell.

DLCs
    This game has dlc of exceptional quality. Each of them add something to the story. Besides buffing your character you get to meet some new people and their own stories. They are both challenging and rewarding. Lots of gameplay value for the price.

Overall a great title that is sure to satisfy every fps gamer. It is interesting, beatiful fast, has heaps of gameplay with a lot of tongue in cheek humor and references. A wonderful exception to todays cashgrab trends, provides at least 100 hours of sheer entertainment.
  48. Oct 7, 2012
    Game that actually was worth waiting everything in one package single or multiplayer. Played game through single player and it seems to have loads of content . Multiplayer adds to game more challenge. I Liked Borderlands and seems like Borderlands 2 has same style of graphics and humor as Borderlands. Doing example challenges is actually rewarding so these come as you progress in story. Talent system gives you loads of ways to play same character. Good and entertaining game and filled all my expectations that i had gathered for this product. Expand
  49. Aug 21, 2013
    The best game i ever missed.
    I saw it on steam, was bored after a week full of customer meetings and gave it a try.
    As RPG and Shooter fan, also as old Shadowrun lover i was totally sucked in by the great atmospehere in the game. The flow, they style, the music and the game pacing and mechanics. All works together in a great symbiosis. Would have been my top choice as game of the year
    for 2012 if i wouldnt have missed it.
    Now after so many game-letdowns i finally found a great game where i didnt expected it.
    BUY BUY BUY. have fun. germany out.
  50. Sep 2, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. So many hours of gameplay and so much to do with fun characters. It was quite easy to learn the basics of the game even though I had not played BL1. Favorite character: Gunzerker.
  51. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is near flawless. With exciting AND addictive game-play that stays fresh even past the 2nd play-through I am never board with this game. Especially considering how easy it really is to play with friends. I do wish it was more possible for people of different level ranges to play together but we cant have it all.
    In stark contrast to the first Borderlands, the story is
    actually compelling and the superb voice acting makes it hard not to be drawn in. The humor plays a big part as well and never feels out of place in the abstract Borderlands universe.
    The graphics look great on both high AND mid range systems, offering highly stylized graphics that still have a touch of realism.
    In closing I must commend Gearbox Software for their love-letter to the PC community. Literally every gripe I had with the shoddy console-port that was BL1 is gone. This game truly deserved Game of the Year.
  52. Oct 1, 2012
    Borderlands 2 takes what made the original so much fun and builds on it with a much more fleshed out story, more weapon types that actually matter based on the enemy you're fighting, great new characters, huge, different explorable locations (Caustic Caverns may be my new favorite setting in any game ever), and just a generally positive face lift that doesn't change a formula that doesn't need to be changed. I see a lot of people talking about how they loved Borderlands and complaining about how Borderlands 2 is "more of the same". I don't personally see a problem with that, they've tightened up some of the controls, added auto pickup for cash and ammo (that mostly works), and tweaked here and there to make it a more exciting experience. That has been more than enough for me to get 50+ hours out of the game so far and enjoy every single minute of it. Expand
  53. Oct 3, 2012
    I have been playing this game for 50+ hours and I love it. It seems like it doesn't have an end, when you add in the multitude of side missions. In my view, there are three big improvements over Borderlands 1: (1) wider variety of enemies. B1 got kind of boring with the abundance of Skags. (2) cooler vehicles with stronger weapons, especially the catapult (3) somewhat more coherent main mission. Also, the graphics are a vast improvement, except that I had some initial difficulty identifying enemies due to the shadowing. The game itself runs smoothly even though my graphics are below the minimum required. The only improvement I would have liked to have seen is stronger weapons. It may just be me, but it seemed like it always took a minimum of three hits to kill even the most inocuous enemy. Expand
  54. Oct 14, 2012
    Not sure what it is about this game, but I played all the way through twice! I got about 3-4 hours into the first one and was BORED.... This game isn't that different from the first game but does everything right this time around.
  55. Jan 12, 2013
    Absolutely love this game its a FPS dungeon crawler!!! Collect guns lvl up toons play with friends!! Dont liten to the idiots saying no replay value cause thats a joke. An the season pass an all the DLC has been a blast as well! I like the improvements they made upon the game compared to BL1 as well. The graphics are smoother an the mechanics do not feel clunky at all. A must buy game IMO 10/10 Great job gearworks @ look forward to ALiens marines! Expand
  56. Sep 25, 2012
    I think this game is near perfect ! I played a lot with the first Borderlands, and I think the second one is at least as good as the first, but in some ways it's even better. The character customization, the level designs, the enemies, the weapons, and the story are all awesome ! And the humor... is hilarious :D Go and play this game !
  57. Sep 30, 2012
    There's a lot more bad guys to kill this time around. It's hard, and it's frustrating, but it really keeps the pace up, and keeps things from becoming dull. The weapons are awesome, gambling is fun, Moxxi's **** are huge, and the bosses are badass. Also, it's funny as hell.

If you're looking for a game as holy as Jesus himself, then you're gonna have to wait, but if you're looking for a
    **** fun game, then you'll like Borderlands 2. If you don't like a challenge, though, you won't like this game. Expand
  58. May 1, 2013
    I did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too will like this game.

I strongly recommend this game
  59. Oct 18, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER! lol! Ok, Borderlands 2 "could be" considered a DLC for Borderlands 1 BUT they perfected all the game mechanics and menus, the story is much longer and far more in depth and WAY more entertaining(and I say this having loved the story in BL 1)! It was well worth pre-ordering. I love the Mechromancer as well. She and her robot are BAD in a great way! The stock charectors are kinda familiar though and to be honest Id much rather play my Lilith from BL 1 than Maya from BL 2 but then again, Lilith was so OP I guess they had to tone the siren down(and being OP is probably why I miss Lilith so much lol). So I think my only complaint is that the stock charectors arent different enough from those in BL 1 and they seem toned down. Other than that BL 2 is just awsome. Oh, I started playing Captain Scarlet DLC today...I LOVE THE NEW VEHICLE! OMG what a hoot! Driving that thing around is worth getting that DLC ALONE lol! Expand
  60. Sep 26, 2012
    I have to change my review, originally gave B2 a 4, now a 9, let me explain. I played Borderlands for about 3 hours solo, hated it, and didn't give this game a chance. After playing for about 10 hours (public co-op) I can definitively say that I am having a blast playing Borderlands 2. This game is fantastic! The graphics are great! The animations are great! The story is funny and deep if you want to follow it, or you can just blast everything in sight.

The loot is fantastic and diverse and upgraded weapons do make a big difference (unlike skyrim)
    I think the leveling system in B2 is much better than a Bethesda game.

All in all, I'm going to say that Borderlands 2 is a better game than Fallout 3 and on par with Skyrim.

Borderlands 2 > F3 > Borderlands

Gearbox did a really good job with this game. The PC options are the most expansive I have seen on a PC game in a LONG time, everything is there for the PC gamers to tweak. And, what really makes this game incredible is that the Co-op is NOT JUST TACKED ON AT THE END.

Co-op is ingrained in the very core of this game, if you aren't playing co-op you are doing it wrong. Very few games actually take the time to develop the game around the Co-op experience and instead just offer a really lousy multiplayer option just hit to check box on the back of the box. Borderlands 2 has some of the best Co-op I've ever played, maybe the best.

It is just a great, fun game to play. If you did not like Borderlands I strongly urge you to play this game Co-op. I think you'll be surprised, I was.

Great Game!
  61. Oct 2, 2012
    Game is incredible. Levls 1-16 it feels a bit easy but around 17 and up it feels like the training wheels come off and it gets challenging. Love this game!
  62. Oct 7, 2012
    This is the first game since Skyrim that i've wanted to continuously play without a rest. Usually I get bored and switch between games... rarely finishing 10% of them. Borderlands 2 is very polished. The voice acting and humor is outstanding!
  63. Dec 26, 2012
    Best game ever... Super History, great Multiplayer, great graphics, HUGE world, HUGE WEAPONS, HUGE FUN, sometimes you get tired but ITS A GREAT GAME!!! ... :D
  64. Nov 10, 2012
    The original Borderlands was one of my favourite games of 2009. Its unique graphic style, tongue-and-cheek story, insanely fun loot-shooting and four-player co-op made it a long-lasting and unforgettable experience. However, Borderlands was not without its flaws, and after a wait of three years, Gearbox has finally given us something the long-awaited successor, Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 2 is everything a sequel should be. It maintains the core formula that made the first game so great, improves upon it in almost every way and fixes the flaws that troubled its predecessor. The "Role-playing shooter" label that Borderlands has been given accurately describes what the game is about. It has all the makings of a fun first person shooter; lots of guns, a variety of enemies to face and robust shooting mechanics. But it's also got the elements that make role-playing games so addictive. On top of being a perfectly competent shooter, Borderlands 2 incorporates RPG elements such as skill trees, inventories, and most importantly, looting. It's insanely rewarding to clear out an area, open a weapons chest and find that perfect gun you were looking for, then upgrade your skills to match your new playing style.

Of the characters in Borderlands 1, only the Siren returns, this time in the form of Maya. The other three are completely new; Axton, a Commando, who has the characteristics of the soldier from the first game; Salvador the Gunzerker, a completely new character who can dual wield any two weapons as his special ability; and Zer0, an assassin with a badass sword who can turn invisible take out the enemy silently. These four make up for an interesting cast, and varied in the way in which they play. If you're planning on playing Borderlands 2 co-op with four players, it'd make for great diversity if each picked a different character. The contrast in playing styles, weapons used and skills invested in means that you're in for a really enjoyable experience if you work together with your friends. However, note that while Borderlands 2 supports up to four player co-op Online, it only supports two players playing split-screen locally.

The graphic style is identical to that of the original game, and you won't notice any major improvements in the texture quality. But it's the little things that make Borderlands 2 feel like a better game than what the first was. The game runs much more smoothly, there's less texture pop-ins (though still some), each gun has its own unique reload animation, chests open more extravagantly, and most importantly, the environments really come alive. In the original game, you spent the majority of the game in a barren desert or wasteland, only switching to a tundra-type environment towards the end of the game. In Borderlands 2, you're given a much wider variety of environments to explore, all of which are more vibrant and prettier to look at than the ones in the first game.

You'll likely find the game-play similar too, but in a fresh, upgraded way that reminds you of the first game without feeling like the same thing. You can wield up to four guns (out of 87 bazillion), and many more in your inventory, though by the end of the game you'll likely have switched your favourite weapon many a time for a better one you've found. The lack of a weapon proficiency system means that you can't take one low-level gun and go through the whole game with it using it and upgrading its stats, which I find disappointing, but it's a subtle flaw that's easy to overlook when the game is this much fun. All the guns feel unique, look unique and sound unique. Some have their own special effects, my favourite of which is an assault rifle with exploding rounds. The gunplay feels very fast-paced and eventful, and each character can use their special skill at any time if it has cooled down. These are designed to offer you an edge over the competition, although if truth be told, so long as you keep switching weapons for better ones and generally get better, the game shouldn't prove much of a challenge.

All the improvements that Gearbox had made to Borderlands with its Downloadable Content have seemingly been implemented in Borderlands 2 from the start. The story is actually enjoyable, there are tons of guns, more customization and new vehicles. In every way, this feels like a better game than Borderlands. From the mini-map to the much more accessible and pretty user interface, to the characters, to the story, to the gunplay and environments, Borderlands 2 is an improvement over what was already a fantastic game, and that is why you should buy it.
  65. Nov 19, 2012
    I have to say it's a cool jump from Borderlands 1. I personally enjoy Borderlands 2 more than the previous one, that's their goal and they did it.

BEST GAME EVER ( with Tiny Tina Voice )
  66. Jul 8, 2014
    It feels like what Diablo 3 should have been. Granted, it's not as much of a "lock yourself in your room for a year" kind of game, but the guns are varied, the enemies are challenging, and the game doesn't hold your hand down a linear path. Pandora feels like a massive, uncharted place to explore, and you are constantly challenged and rewarded for doing so. The writing is stellar, the characters are memorable, the visuals fit right in with the overall theme of the game. It's a great ride that I'll definitely return to more than once. Well worth it, even 2 years now after release. Expand
  67. Oct 3, 2012
    You will need a decent laptop/desktop to fully enjoy this game. The Co-op is still the highlight of the game, but the comments and smart@$$ remarks from the in-game characters is funnier this time around. I gave it a 9, due to it still being the same feel as the old Borderlands, which isnt bad, but they could of done this as a DLC and we will still have the same amount of fun as before. Single player is still very enjoyable and with alot of hidden achievements and exploration, you should be busy for days. Expand
  68. Sep 25, 2012
    I've never played the first one, but did play Rage, so that's the only kind of outlander FPS I can compare with. Haven't finished but have already sunk a good 15 hours in and can confirm that it's a lot of fun even playing the single campaign - really love the looting and dazzling array of weaponry. Enemies are kind of fun too. Music's low-key, really nice but not enough variation of tracks for me - oh and the dialogue is exceptionally mad, in a good way. The only thing to whine about is not liking how I have to steer vehicles with my mouse, rather than right left arrows. Also, not overly keen on respawning enemies all the time. It kind of reminds me of Far Cry 2 in that respect - but it's still lots of fun to kill them all again, mostly. Sweet game, highly recommend. Expand
  69. Dec 10, 2012
    I was never a fan of Borderlands, but then a week ago, a friend gave me a Steam key for BL2 and I played the game, enjoyed the freaking hell out of the game, became a fan and have been addicted to this game for the past week. Borderlands 2 is the one and ONLY game released in 2012 that actually pleased me enough to play it a 2nd time. Borderlands 2 is my Number 1 game of 2012.
  70. Oct 2, 2012
    (I'll just take a couple of lines to say that the people who say this is a console port is just lying and you should ignore reviews that say this)
    Where to start? This game is fun, especially to those who enjoy the Diablo and Torchlight franchises, and is a big improvement over the original. The graphics are good and Physx, although gimmicky, is amazing to look at in co-op. The guns are
    all revamped and the environments and enemies are more diverse. It all blends really well together. The story is a bit cliche, although there are plenty of intense moments, made all the more fun with multiple players in a game.
    I'd like to go into more detail with the flaws, however. While the guns are generally more fun to use, I've got a problem with two particular weapon groups: assault rifles and revolvers. There seems to be a lack of accurate assault rifles, since Hyperion doesn't seem to make them anymore. There are really powerful ones by Jakobs, and some fire grenades, but those aren't automatic. And then you've got pistols which are much more satisfying to use, but revolvers are just Jakobs, Jakobs, Jakobs, and many of them lack proper laser sights, which were vital in Borderlands 1.
    There are some scaling issues, i.e. level scaling and the way the level to HP ratio scales. This game is harder, but much of the difficulty derives from the fact that enemies of the same level or just one level above can annihilate you even if don't suck, and even in a one-on-one firefight: the problem here is, why should I lose on a one-on-one firefight, even if I'm a level or so lower? It doesn't make sense. If enemies dealt a little less damage and had just a little less HP, this problem would be fixed. About the level to HP ratio, well, you'll start noticing large gaps in the HP increments as you gain levels (more specifically, from Lv 25 onward). This isn't exactly a problem at first sight - not until you realize that enemies scale in much the same way, and what that means is that the awesome gun you found at Lv 26 that you do not want to let go of may be rendered almost useless by Lv 30. This is unlike the first game, where an Anarchy could easily last you at least 15 levels until you get a new one. While this does encourage to search for better guns, it can prove to be a nuisance.
    My last complaint is only minor, but I find some of the mildly immature humour irritating at times. But this is where the flaws end. Gearbox has done it right this time, in my opinion, so I most certainly recommend this game.
  71. Sep 25, 2012
    Look no further - Game of the Year 2012. Upon the huge success of Borderlands in 2009, GearBox has shown the world how a new IP should be like. This company respects the players, constantly pushes out new contents and has a very good public image. Back to the game itself - there is absolutely nothing I could complain about the *launch* version of this game. NOTE: some games take a few weeks or months just to get their games working on players' machines. Unlike the broken co-op element back in Borderlands (I remember resetting my router ten millions times while annoying my roommates), BL2 has got this right from the start - no bugs, no major user complaints and has a solid gaming experience (for players to consume in). Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the humor in this game is unprecedentedly good. It's like I'm watching Seinfeld while simultaneously participating in the fun. As a comparison, instead of nerfing characters and pissing off avid players (I'm talking about you Blizzard and D3), GearBox's goal is to *entertain* all of us. All the guns in BL2 have been reworked to the point that I wouldn't get bored at "farming", if any at all. All the quests are unique and side missions aren't as boring as before. With the upcoming promise of new classes and quests, there is more to come, so just shut up and take my money. Expand
  72. Nov 28, 2012
    Easily the best action shooter this year. It's like Diablo 3 in good. Real skill trees, your shooting skill affects the game, awesome character design, nice story telling, nice graphics (although a bit old and slow texture loading engine). I played it for about 8 hrs now and I could not find any flaw. Only the inventory is kind of messed up because of the console port it is (damn you, consoles), but you get used to it and it works fine. The co-op play is awesome and i highly recommend to team up with your mates and just have a great time in pandora. I really love this game and it beats the crap out of the other shooters today. Expand
  73. Sep 29, 2012
    Just beaten the game 1st time. It's the same borderlands, but better!
    Borderlands 2 lost a little bit of art style somewhere, but gained a little bit of physics, more humor and great amount of badassesness.
  74. Dec 3, 2013
    Really nice game, large choice of weapons, beautiful graphics, interesting characters, large world to explore, interesting quests, interesting vehicle mini game, add a nice touch of humor and you have a near perfect game, only gave it 9 because i never give 10,I'm a firm believer that there is always room for improvement.
  75. Nov 11, 2012
    Game of the year! This game is totally awesome. Pretty much same as 1st part but everything what could be improved is better here. Great leveling system which make game fun no matter how much pass throughs you do. For now 1st DLC is out and it's really good with gameplay hours like other full games have. ONLY BAD AND UNNECESSARY thing in game are 2 "invincible" bosses. They MUST be passed in coop and if you don't have 3 other players you can't pass that and win al achivements. Expand
  76. Dec 8, 2013
    i played this game 4-5 months. i love everything in this game. weapons, enemies, caracters, story. and more important the references are awesome. YOU CAN SLAP THE JEFFREY MAN anyway if you call you GAMER you MUST play this game.
  77. Sep 25, 2012
    This is an amazing game. Retains the fast paced gunslinging gameplay of the first game, but successfully adds in more story elements than in the previous version. The cartoony art-style has improved as well as the mission/level design. All in All a great game!
  78. Oct 3, 2012
    This game is captivating and has fantastic humor, a great story and its just the right cure for the MMO dull drums. It doesn't take itself too seriously but is definitely a challenge. The Co-op is fantastic however not having individualized loot is the one thing I can say was poorly designed. The graphic are great with their unapologetic cartoon campiness. Even the casual remarks from the respawn machine make me laugh. Having my character say things that I am thinking when I get that perfect head shot is priceless. I am really looking forward to the DLC expansions that will be coming in the near future. Expand
  79. Oct 11, 2012
    I really enjoy this game and everything it has to offer. Big fan of BL1 and all the content. all new classes are cool and love the settings. after 24 hours of gameplay i am still waiting for a cool gun. Like someone else said most of the guns seem dumb or useless. granted i have found a few nice guns but nothing useful lol. all in all the graphics are great. most of the characters are the same but better if that makes sense. Tiny Tina is a BOSS love her. I dont understand most of the jokes or the funniness of the game and I really try to but i dont get whats funny about most of the stuff. Expand
  80. Sep 30, 2012
    Perfect FPS RPG game combined. The story is somewhat disturbing but it's a plot twist so everything is cool. More guns, explosive shields, easter eggs... what more could you ask for?
  81. Sep 25, 2012
    I played around 30 hours into the game and had lots of fun. If you liked the first borderlands, you cant go wrong with this one. There are more items, more monsters and more content. The characters feel rich and funny, along with good voice acting, besides the "cliche" story. This isn't about an epic storyline or inspiring life lessons, but just potty humor and fun quests (that are, sometimes, repetitive). All classes seems reasonable balanced and the loot feels great (a lot better than the first borderlands).
    The multiplayer is great, with everyone sharing quests and loot, and it makes boss fights more enjoyable.
    The PC version looks beautiful, and if you have great hardware, you can turn physx to high settings and enjoy more particles and explosions around. This is how a port should be done !
  82. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lets give it a 10!
    Cause the game totally deserves it.
    Lot of fun! An interessting storie! Not too easy, but no disturbing difficult missions. Nice design! Much much shooting acitions =D.
    Totally liek it!
  83. Jul 6, 2014
    Easily one of my favorite games of 2013. Great exploration, good story, tons of action, rewarding co-op, very challenging gameplay. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is too hard to solo, you'll need to play it with others. Also the final DLC, Raid on Digistruct Peak is not a new story campaign but instead a small set of near impossible challenges that will have you grinding to "OP 8" which is another way of saying level 80 without the extra 8 skill points. In other words the final DLC seems rushed and unnecessary.

Took 40 hours to beat the main story line but I played 500 hours total because it's just that much fun to challenge yourself with True/Ultimate Vault hunter modes and collect loot.

The psycho and mechromancer add-ons are fun, but don't buy them unless you really like the game.
    Overall amazing game. Highly recommended.
  84. Oct 2, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a perfect sequel to the much loved Borderlands. As we re-enter Pandora, you
  85. Sep 30, 2012
    I've been playing games for 20 years and I have to say I'm not easily impressed by a game. But man Borderlands 2 was a surprise. A game should be entertaining, it should raise your adrenaline and put a smile on your face - that's exactly what Borderdland does and it's doing it in style. Superb writing, story - this time you'll really care about the characters, and amazing, action packed combat. The best game of the year and one of the best I've ever played. Thanks Gearbox and keep up the good work! Expand
  86. Oct 2, 2012
    Gearbox knew what we all wanted and has delivered it to us, apart for some short comings such as enemy scaling, the rest of the game is bloody perfect for anyone like me that loved the first game.
  87. Oct 17, 2012
    I love this game. If you played the first and were on the fence about getting the second, I can say they kept everything that worked in the original and fixed most of the things that didn't. I played the original and the expansions, which I felt had more enetertaining plotlines that were easier to follow. Borderlands 2 definately kept the trend going. I play this game with my wife and we both enjoy it very much. co-op increases the game's enjoyment. I thought I would miss the original classes, but the new ones are very close to them and have their own fun unique skills to play with. I hope for many good expansions to come! Expand
  88. Oct 2, 2012
    Hello from Russia!!! Отличная игра, большой игровой мир помноженный на колоритных врагов, кучу хороших квестов и огромное количество всякого рода ценного и не очень барахла. Искромётный юмор местного населения заставит вас не раз улыбнуться, а возможность кооперативного прохождения до четырёх игроков, сделает время проведённое за игрой в компании друзей, незабываемым. Expand
  89. Oct 2, 2012
    Couldn't ask for a better sequel! Despite being a multi-platform game, there's a very strong focus on the PC version, which is absolutely fantastic! With all the options and what not, you couldn't have asked for a better game! (I was especially sold on the FOV slider.) Other than that, the game is a true sequel to Borderlands 2, the story is just incredibly immersive, a tiny bit cliched but what isn't these days? The game play is fantastic and very addictive! Also the humor is a great little touch, especially all the internet culture references. I can't call myself much of a huge gamer, considering my patience for FPS games is incredibly limited, but Borderlands 2 just cuts it for me with the addictive RPG elements. I can safely say that this game is going to be an absolute cult classic and definitely has to be one of the best games of the decade so far! Expand
  90. Oct 10, 2012
    It´s a perfect game! It mixes FPS & RPG and 1st person view with a huge variety of weapons with Awesome Cel-Shaded Graphics and a very good game play. I think that DLCs will be awesome as Borderlands (I). GOTY ;)
  91. Oct 11, 2012
    As in movies, very often game sequels are never as good as the original. Borderlands 2 is thankfully, one of the exceptions. I can't say enough good things about this game. Great story, great humour. For sheer fun-ness it gets a 15 on a scale of 1-10. There are some irritations, granted - no game is devoid of those. The inventory system is to me, very clumsy and sometimes confusing to use. But this to me, is trivial and not a real problem.

Very few games' anticipated release affect me and make me want to pre-order. Even Skyrim (a game I had been drooling over since it was announced) wasn't quite enough to entice me to pre-order it - I waited for a couple of months till I got a new computer and it went on sale. But I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 almost as soon as it was announced.

Bottom line?

Playability - 9 out of 10
    Replayability - 10 out of 10
    Sheer Fun Factor - 15 out of 10!!!
  92. Dec 7, 2012
    Best game this year. Much much better than the first one, environments are more varied, pacing is better, guns are more varied. Replay value is excellent. Whether you are playing this solo or co-op, it makes for a great gaming experience.
  93. Oct 12, 2012
    I must Say I have Physics Graphics Maxed so the liguid effects are fun. Also the fact they actually made this version challenging is great I got a bit bored after awhile in BL1 when I just overpowered everything. Co-op not using GAMESPY is great I love drop in and drop out coop. It was really the only thing in Diablo 3 I liked. Really digging the new end boss I am not going to spoil it for those that are not their yet but it a great fight cause the End boss of BL1 was Sad Sauce. The only faults I found was having to a few quests that had you go to a specific area then go back to Sanctuary just to find another quest that send you to the same place. So annoying. But the only makes my score a 9.5 that rounds up to 10. Expand
  94. Oct 14, 2012
    Easily this has to be game of the year, at least for me anyway. Its extremely addictive and looks beautiful on my GTX 670. Handsome Jack has to be one of the coolest villans I have ever come to know through a game, as he is a funny, **** **** Overall I would give this game a 9.6 because this sequal has everything: Billions of guns, a fantastic options menu with a field of view slider (!), and best of all, great re-playability as more likely than not you will find completely different Items then what you had before and well - balanced vault hunter classes to choose from completely different from the last. Just get it, I guarantee you will love the game. Expand
  95. Oct 14, 2012
    I have found almost no flaws in this fantastic game. It is a huge open world and there is a lot of content to play through either by yourself or with friends. I also found that i liked these character classes better.
  96. Dec 15, 2012
    Best graphics I've ever seen in my entire life!! If you got a **** graphic card, you should get your hands on this game quickly. This game got soo "f*cked up" graphics that it shouldn't bother you at all. But after all a very good game. Run and buy!
  97. Nov 20, 2012
    A great game that 100% embraces what it is and does not try to be anything else. It is not a massive upgrade over the first game but more what Borderlands should have been. Had the original come out only last year there may not be enough innovation here to justify the sequel but I feel it has been long enough that I am ready for another romp around Pandora.
    The game is big, if you do
    the majority of the side quests you are looking at roughly 55 hours to make it through the story and you will be roughly level 35 (level cap is 50). The environments are not as varied as they could be but there are far more of them then where in the first game, yet they all fell like part of Pandora. There seems to be roughly double the number of enemy types and the game does a good job at changing things up. Just when i am getting tired of a certain enemy I end up going up against something different. The weapons are still mostly randomly generated, there does seem to be a greater variety, it could be better but there is almost always something new to try.
    Where the game vastly improved was the story. They did a great job with Handsome Jack and setting him up as the primary protagonist. Along the way you will meet and kill many other eccentric characters but the entire game you are moving towards the final confrontation with Jack. I found the writing for the most part to be very witty, a few childish jokes but for the most part double entendras that gave me a chuckle if not laugh out loud. The classes are a bit more varied then they were in the first game, it also feels more like you are picking a character instead of a class. Each character has a back story that gets somewhat explored during the game, they also each have their own personality and a unique play mechanic.
    All in all a great game with lots of gameplay, a quality story, lots of fun guns, a passable leveling system. It looks good, runs smoothly, excellent voice work and a unique art style. We dont need a sequel next year but by 2014 maybe 2015 I will be ready for a another sequel.
  98. Jun 7, 2013
    I'm generally not a "shooter" game fan, I haven't played games of that genre since DOOM and Quake back in the 90's, but this game is incredible.

The characters in BL2 are hilarious, the main villain is such an outrageous, self-centered jerk that you'll be dying to slay him by midway through the game. I wont even get into some of the phrases the various bad guys yell at you, but whoever
    did the writing here has a great sense of humor.

The guns look great, and they have such varied combinations of stat bonuses and drawbacks that you'll really have to do some experimenting with them to see which ones work best for you, (it may not be immediately apparent in most cases). This is the case with grenade mods, shields, and other equipment too; you'll really have to look at the stats and experiment a bit in different scenarios, there isn't always an obvious "best" choice. The equipment "drop rates" seem about right to me; while leveling up I would find something amazing about every 7 levels, which would really give my character a significant boost in power for the next few levels.

In addition to the weapons and armor, the skill trees in BL2 give it a real rpg feel. Each class has 3 specialization trees, as you level you'll get skill points to assign and build your character's spec. There are also dozens upon dozens of outfit skins and character faces, (some are very rare), so you can alter your character's appearance in many different ways. There's vehicle combat in BL2, and you can even change the way your vehicle looks and it's weapons.

The combat and controls are great, on the PC this doesn't feel like a console port to me at all. The battles in this game are huge, and hard. You're going to have to learn how to make use of cover, retreat, and effectively use your arsenal of various guns and grenades. The enemies come with various strengths and weaknesses, so figuring out which tactic works best against which provides a lot of depth and strategy for a shooter game.

I love the Borderlands look and art work, and the game runs great on my computer. The only reason I'm not giving this game a 10 is because some parts of it, especially on the second play through, seem like they were designed with multiplayer in mind. Not that it's impossible to do solo, just potentially extremely frustrating at times. As someone who prefers to solo in games that have single and multiplayer options, I have to deduct a point there.
  99. Dec 8, 2012
    As a fan of the original Borderlands, i expected a lot of this game. And as the trailers rolled out, my anticipation only grew. I was enormously pleased to see that the game surpassed any and all expectations that i had come to nurse so tenderly during the pre-release period. The UI wasn't a huge improvement over the original game but everything else was a vast improvement. The game play maintained its fast paced, over the top FPS action and the controls felt nothing short of perfect. The character classes were varied and skill trees even more so. The plot was enjoyable, funny and filled with plenty of twists and events that made me quite literally exclaim my disbelief. Claptrap is now absolutely hilarious instead of infuriating and irritating. The enemies are varied and requires varied strategies to take them down. A lot of effort was put into making the game a lasting success such as changing the enemy models for your second play through. It really makes you feel like you're continuing on instead of just starting over again as so many games make you feel. Oh and how could i forget the guns. So so many guns. Borderlands advertised millions of gun combinations but it doesn't stand remotely close to the guns in the sequel. The look of awe on my friends faces as I whip out an automatic laser sniper rifle with reflective silver plating was priceless. Speaking of friends, i'd recommend playing with them. Although the game is fun on your own, you don't get nearly the same experience as you do if you play with others. Overall, if you're looking for a fun game for you and a friend, pick this up. I'm serious. You're in for hours of laughter, high paced shooty action and gawking over the sheen and polish that the developers put into this wonderful game. Expand
  100. Nov 10, 2012
    This was way better than Borderlands 1. The graphics are better, there is more enemies and lots of easter eggs that are so fun to find and worth it once you find them. Such as the minecraft easter. There are lots of characters you get attached to and this game will keep you busy for hours trying to level up over and over again until you are the highest level and on your second play through. once your at the highest level you want money, badass tokens and just to play the game again. It does have a few difficult parts and really annoying enemies. but its a great game no matter what. Collapse

It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.