8.1

1. Nov 24, 2012
    Gameplay very similar to the first with some slight evolution in terms of expansion of weapon variety, character classes and grenade mods. The aesthetics of the game are really nice and it runs well but the best thing about this game which absolutely trumps the first is the story. I really liked it and quirky voice acting which was superbly written ties it all together.
  2. Oct 14, 2012
    Borderlands is the pinnacle of what it is. If you found the core gameplay of Borderlands 1 to be dull and repetitive, I see why you think that, and Borderlands 2 probably won't be categorically better for you. But if you liked Borderlands, then this is that with everything made better. Especially noteworthy is the writing, which is both greatly expanded and significantly better, with a much larger and more exciting cast of characters. And yes, there is a proper ending this time. Expand
  3. Oct 1, 2012
    Borderlands 1 was pitch perfect; this one goes even further! Excellent graphics, excellently designed guns and terrain. Great gameplay mixed with lots of explosions is a must these days and this game does just that. It combines everything that a FPS player wants and turns it into a masterpiece. Great game, deffinetely better than it's predecessor.
  4. Sep 19, 2012
    No idea what game people whining about "console port" are playing. The PC version here is a huge improvement over Borderlands 1. Multiplayer is fully integrated into Steam and worked great for me, instead of tacked on Gamespy stuff. The menus are better designed for the PC. Graphics options exist now. This is easily the best looking version of the game. Oh yeah, and it's fun! Some people will whine about anything it seems, but the rest of us will be busy shooting things for fun and profit. Expand
  5. Sep 23, 2012
    Slick. Polished. Addictive in a good way. Basically diablo 2 with guns and physx particles flying everywhere. And no stupid RMAH that destroys any addiction to the loot system. I'm 30 hrs in to the game, playing it drop in / out co-op with steam friends and it is very very awesome. FOV is right. .ini settings work. This is a decent PC version. The storyline is actually interesting and there's lots of nice visual moments in the game along with a brilliant cast and accompanying dialogue that can be funny in all sorts of ways (whether it's because it's soo not funny that it is, or because they sometimes nail taking the piss out of another game/movie/reference.). Definitely recommend it, especially if you have other steam friends to play it with. Expand
  6. Jan 12, 2013
    Great game, especially for a console port. I was hesitant to play it on PC initially, but I am happy I did. From the moment you start, until well into a third play through it is non stop action. The weapon variety and constant lure of new and interesting weapons keeps you playing long hours into the night.

My main issue is eventually you are given the ability to fight one or more
    'raid bosses' that require 4 people to play. In a game where you can play all the way through solo, or with just one friend this is disappointing to suddenly have to play with strangers to progress. This is especially hard to do in a game where weapon drops can be picked up by whoever is closest and it is up to them to share or not. This is the only item keeping me from scoring this as a 10. Expand
  7. Sep 21, 2012
    Great game, good graphics, exciting gameplay, brilliant loot, only problem so far is very very minor glitching , but all in all I am pleased I got it
  8. Sep 22, 2012
    Really enjoyable game. Not sure why people are complaining, "it's more of Borderlands." Well yeah, it is. That's what we wanted and asked for. Only this one is very polished and frankly hella fun. I can't put it down (was up until 3:40am last night playing).

Just an extremely engaging comic-book style run and gun game. How can you be disappointed about a million guns, a million
    enemies, funny writing and more quests than you can shake a stick at?

Well deserving of a "9" score.
  9. Sep 30, 2012
    It is a nice game but I don't know... i have the same felling when a played the first borderlands... is repetitive. After all, is a very nice design and a very nice gameplay... I like the humor in this game and also the multiplayer.
  10. Feb 8, 2013
    First play through: amazing. 10/10. The story is meh, but the fun factor is there. Co-op with some buddies is awesome, much the same as BL1. Farming can get old pretty fast. Some of the characters are done excellently; Handsome Jack comes to mind. Second play through: Not so amazing. 7.5/10. Gets boring rather quickly... you know what's coming, there are no new skills as by that point you can re-spec to any skill you want. DLC, in order of how I would rate them... 1) Pirates 2) Torgue 3) Hammerlock. Pirates was fun, new enemies, new vehicle (and the best one in the game, I think) Torgue was hilarious, and Hammerlock? Hammerlock was crap. If you bought the seasons pass, sorry. You could have spent the same amount of cash on the other 3 (1 not released yet) and saved yourself some trouble. It wasn't a 3/10, but a solid 5.5. The game itself is great... For a while. After that it's grind-fest. Still, I find myself going to my Steam library and constantly playing it. Now that it's 50% off, get it while it lasts! Expand
  11. Sep 19, 2012

12. Sep 20, 2012
    As someone who did not play the original Borderlands, I really didn't know what to expect from the sequel. In fact, the only reason I even started playing Borderlands 2 on PC was that I got it for free when I bought a new Nvidia video card. I don't know how the original compares, but my friends and I are having an absolute blast shooting our way through the planet of Pandora!

From what
    I've heard, the original game was a rather pathetic PC port, but the sequel brings the joy with a huge amount of graphical options and tweaks, including PhysX support for liquids. This also is one of the first PC games I've seen that let you completely customize Xbox controls. Seriously, I don't know why ALL games, console or PC, include this option. There are a lot of little features like this that have surprised and delighted me throughout the game.

Sure, the game looks gorgeous, despite it's "simplified" cel-shading, but the real appeal of Borderlands 2 is the characters, writing, and most of all, the GUNS. The characters are often absolutely hilarious, and some of the dialogue and missions have just been outright wrong- in a good way! But the massive variety of guns are really what cause B2 to shine. In most RPGs, back tracking to past mission areas sucks, but in Borderlands 2 when you back track you're generally far enough along that you're doing so with a completely different set of weapons. This changes your experience dramatically. In fact, one thing that really impressed me about B2's gunplay is the fact that so many different fights require different gun tactics. You're going to have a tough time with different encounters if you always lean on one gun. I always found myself using my entire arsenal in different situations. It's this variety that really sets B2 apart from many other shooters, and especially from RPGs that tend to get very repetitive.

I could go on about the fun character design, unique enemies, challenging "badasses" and bosses, fantastic vehicle combat, or any number of other features, but this review would grow too long. If there was one thing I could say that was remotely negative, it would be an improved matchmaking system. At the moment it takes quite some time to load the list of games to join, and oftentimes when trying to join a game, the connection will time out. This could be related to network setups on the people I have been trying to join, but I know that my own network isn't the issue (ethernet with fiber 50down/75up). Not sure if anyone will actually read this review, but I have to say that if you didn't try out the original game, like me, don't miss out on this one. It's fun as hell! If there's one tip I have for you, it's to play the game with a friend, or two, or three. Playing with randoms is fun for alternate characters, but for the main class you plan on playing through the story with, I suggest doing so with someone you know. It makes the game that much more fun.
  13. Sep 24, 2012
    Borderlands 2 should be the template that all future developers use in the study of "How To Do A Sequel Right". It is a vast improvement over an already fun and time-consuming co-op experience and delivers so much more depth and customization and replay that the only problem I've run into is finding time for any other game in the last week. Borderlands 2 is a life-sucking game, be warned.
  14. Apr 25, 2013
    The Borderlands series has a brilliant formula of wacky humor, countless guns, and RPG mechanics. Borderlands 2 has crushed its prequel with modified gameplay, gorgeous graphics, hectic music and an interesting story. While the sequel improved in every department, its story took me by surprise. The strong, unique, and diverse personalities you’ll meet through the well-paced story improves the entire experience. Most importantly, this gives life and excitement to the planet of Pandora, which was just a boring hunk of rock in the original game. The “Bazzilion” guns that Gearbox claimed Borderlands 2 will have was no joke, and it’s more than just a few minor tweaks in damage and accuracy. The guns will sometimes have a huge bayonet, a wacky reload animation, a crazy looking scope, and may not even have any recoil. When the critics can only complain about an imperfect user-interface, we can conclude that the gameplay is as addicting as we all hoped it would be. Its well-deserved popularity certainly earns a nomination for Game of the Year 2012. For fans of the original Borderlands, this is a no-brainer, but for those who are skeptical about the unique gaming experience that Borderlands 2 has to offer, it’s time to come to your senses and get in on the fun that you’ve been missing out on. Expand
  15. Sep 25, 2012
    Although the annoyingly long reload times are still there and skills are really boring, the game's still a good one. At the end of the day it's about the guns and killing alot of mobs, which is fine by me.
  16. Sep 18, 2012
    This game is exactly what the video game industry needed. I'm only a level 15 and yet i've been playing for hours - new game + just sweetens the deal. It's honestly going to be game of the year without a doubt.
  17. Sep 18, 2012
    Beautiful graphics and animation, excellent cinematography, voice acting, dark sense of humor and overall theme.

Lots of quests / missions that are made even more seamless than the first. You might still feel it's a bit grindy, but if you don't like staples of RPGs (leveling, looting, questing) you shouldn't play RPGs.

The game certainly delivers as a FPS, perfect weapon / aim
    control, combat feels very fluid. Expand
  18. Sep 27, 2012
    This game is great, and so much better if you play with friends. Three of us have started from right at the beginning together and it has been just an awesome trip. If you have somehow found yourself bored with this game, you need to get some friends and play together.

You can tell they took some time with the PC version as it works like a dream. Loads fast, plays smooth and feels
    right. I recommend anyone get this. Complaints: Server Side Loot in Co-Op: I recommend not playing with randoms. With everyone seeing the same loot it simply becomes a race to who can get the best loot. Playing with friends helps minimize this, but it can still be an issue making sure everyone is getting good stuff. Hopefully in a future Borderlands they will move to client side loot. Money System: By rank 18 I had purchased all the Eridium upgrades off the black Market. Now I have a ton of Eridium and nothing to spend it on. The only real use for money is to farm in the slot machines. I hope in some DLC they add some creative uses for money (maybe build your own gun shops or gun modification kiosks or something...) Expand
  19. Sep 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is like the original on steroids. Everything is just plain better - voice acting, story, UI, graphics...it's all just better. With the same awesome FPS experience the first one brought to the table. And GUNS. SO MANY GUNS. The game has way better options for PC gamers (FOV option is built right in), and the menu's are not all consolified like the first version, a nice gesture from the slap-in-the-face PC gamers get normally with console ports.

The world also feels bigger, but filled with more characters, rather then just endless desert like the original. While its no Skyrim in terms of world openness, it's at least headed in the right direction.

One small disappointment is the check point system remains the same. You have to find a check point in order to save your progress. Check points are so 90's. Adults have lives, and they don't always have 15 minutes to find the next pole. In the scheme of things...it's a minor complaint.

Bottom line - more baddies for you to shoot, blow-up and electrocute. Better voice acting, more story, better story, and all the FPS action of the original - it's pretty much FPS of the year.
  20. Jun 11, 2014
    GUNS, GUNS, GUUUNS, as Marcus puts it! Excellent game that is an upgrade sequel to the Borderlands in every way. STORY Just about the same as it is in Borderlands. You get to Pandora, do some main quests, do some shooting/fethching/timelimit quests and first and foremost GET MORE GUNS BABY. Borderlands 2 features a set of mostly very interesting characters of which every has its individual way of aproaching you as the vaulthunter. The thing I love about this game is that while some sidequests are simple and boring errands, still many of those sidequests are actualy both fun and interesing and enrich the main story. Here and there you get a great gun or a fun sidestory or a silly villain or... everything of that at once! I`d say that Handsome Jack managed to lead me through the story just like Vaas did in Far Cry 3 - in a different way ofcourse but still - complicated character, sometimes funny sometimes bloodthirsty. Kept me going the whole time with no sign of boredom whatsoever.

AI
    Very good. Lots of different types of enemies attack you in lots of different ways. You have to use some strategy depending on who you face. There are melee runners, snipers, riflemen, tanks, kamikazes, midgets, retards, yuppies and more.Some of them even use the loot dropped by their dead fellowmen against you.

GAMEPLAY
    Outstanding. Gunplay in this game is yet to be rivaled. You get just about any type of a wapon you can think of. Add to that a set of different effects each wapon causes and you have thousands of variants. The player can customize his inventory 100% to his likes and can play the game in any way he wishes. So every encounter is different.

GRAPHICS
    Slighly better than Borderlands. In my opinion it shows its age already but the map variety and artstyle compensates for it 100%. You don`t really pay attention to the graphics here as the maps are very fun and complicated. Character models are ok aswell.

DLCs
    This game has dlc of exceptional quality. Each of them add something to the story. Besides buffing your character you get to meet some new people and their own stories. They are both challenging and rewarding. Lots of gameplay value for the price.

Overall a great title that is sure to satisfy every fps gamer. It is interesting, beatiful fast, has heaps of gameplay with a lot of tongue in cheek humor and references. A wonderful exception to todays cashgrab trends, provides at least 100 hours of sheer entertainment.
  21. Oct 7, 2012
    Game that actually was worth waiting everything in one package single or multiplayer. Played game through single player and it seems to have loads of content . Multiplayer adds to game more challenge. I Liked Borderlands and seems like Borderlands 2 has same style of graphics and humor as Borderlands. Doing example challenges is actually rewarding so these come as you progress in story. Talent system gives you loads of ways to play same character. Good and entertaining game and filled all my expectations that i had gathered for this product. Expand
  22. Aug 21, 2013
    The best game i ever missed.
    I saw it on steam, was bored after a week full of customer meetings and gave it a try.
    As RPG and Shooter fan, also as old Shadowrun lover i was totally sucked in by the great atmospehere in the game. The flow, they style, the music and the game pacing and mechanics. All works together in a great symbiosis. Would have been my top choice as game of the year
    for 2012 if i wouldnt have missed it.
    Now after so many game-letdowns i finally found a great game where i didnt expected it.
    BUY BUY BUY. have fun. germany out.
  23. Sep 19, 2012
    The game is like a polished version of 1. If you loved 1 you will probably love this one. It takes the concepts from the 1st game and expands them. I am playing with 3 friends and I feel like many hours of our collective lives will be buried in this title. During the 1st Hour I laughed, got knocked down, got numerous satisfying headshots and squealed like a kid at Christmas.
  24. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is near flawless. With exciting AND addictive game-play that stays fresh even past the 2nd play-through I am never board with this game. Especially considering how easy it really is to play with friends. I do wish it was more possible for people of different level ranges to play together but we cant have it all.
    In stark contrast to the first Borderlands, the story is
    actually compelling and the superb voice acting makes it hard not to be drawn in. The humor plays a big part as well and never feels out of place in the abstract Borderlands universe.
    The graphics look great on both high AND mid range systems, offering highly stylized graphics that still have a touch of realism.
    In closing I must commend Gearbox Software for their love-letter to the PC community. Literally every gripe I had with the shoddy console-port that was BL1 is gone. This game truly deserved Game of the Year.
  25. Sep 24, 2012
    So far, i have played about 13 hours, this is a great game. The enemies are great, the weapons are great, each area feels like it has been designed and not just thrown together. It is really well balanced. Sometimes you feel like you are kicking ass other times you are praying for a 'fight back' kill to get back on your feet. I only played a little bit of borderlands 1 and couldn't really get in to it. I didn't give it enough of a chance but it felt a lot more generic than this. If you have played a lot of borderlands 1 maybe this would not be as much fun... maybe. Anyway I am loving it. The action is solid, the level up system is rewarding and the guns are great. I don't care how many there are but the ones you use feel great. Expand
  26. Jan 14, 2013
    This game really surprised me.Never played first borderlands since graphic was unappealing to me. Most likely would never picked up second one if it wasn't gifted to me. I must say that i had real blast while playing it. Not even sure when my steam counter jumped to over 50 hours in less then 2 weeks ;). I really love it, Pandora is amazing place to explore. everywhere you go there's something completely new to discover. Scenery really changes between zones, they put lots of work into them. I only wish zones would level with me, some quests were simply too easy as i came back to them after a while. other then that, perfect game Expand
  27. Jul 27, 2013
    As someone who played the first one for nearly 100 hours. I can proudly say I have thoroughly enjoyed the second one racking up over a 100 so far and still playing.

This game improves the weaknesses of the first game and reinforces its strengths. Its graphics and physics are improved, but they still maintain the cartoon-y/ comic book-y style. There is a lot more variation in the amount
    of guns you can come across and a lot of interesting styles of guns. The story is more in depth, although not amazing, but most people don't play Borderlands for the story, they play it for the amazingly addictive game play, which they improved even more. What I really like in Borderlands 2 is there is a bigger variety of characters you can play as, some who are slow paced ranges units, and then the faced paced, up close, Have loads of fun while you get your ass kicked, but at the same time kick ass" style characters.

Overall: If you enjoy blind violence, astronomically huge environments, psychotic characters, and dark humor, this is the game for you.
  28. Oct 1, 2012
    Borderlands 2 takes what made the original so much fun and builds on it with a much more fleshed out story, more weapon types that actually matter based on the enemy you're fighting, great new characters, huge, different explorable locations (Caustic Caverns may be my new favorite setting in any game ever), and just a generally positive face lift that doesn't change a formula that doesn't need to be changed. I see a lot of people talking about how they loved Borderlands and complaining about how Borderlands 2 is "more of the same". I don't personally see a problem with that, they've tightened up some of the controls, added auto pickup for cash and ammo (that mostly works), and tweaked here and there to make it a more exciting experience. That has been more than enough for me to get 50+ hours out of the game so far and enjoy every single minute of it. Expand
  29. Jan 24, 2013
    Hilarious writing, great characters, beautiful levels, and sooo many guns! My biggest complaints about Borderlands 1 were the interface issues on PC, and nearly all of those are solved in BL2. The only minor issue I have with BL2 is the inventory management. Bulky, and clunky navigation, but that is only a very minor side note on an otherwise fantastic game! The coop play really makes this game shine! Single player is fun, but playing with friends is what this game was meant for. Expand
  30. Sep 19, 2012
    There are a lot of things being said regarding this game that are simple fallacies. I'll try and address them. Is this game a console port? It was developed simultaneously on PC/X360/PS3 with platform specific functions and abilities. If you want to call that a console port, go ahead, but the PC version is far and away the version to play if you don't care for using a controller on FPS. Is there Day 1 DLC? The "Season Pass" gives you access to DLC ahead of time, but in no means gives you part of the story of the game that was included with the game. If you want to jump into your friends game who go the premier club edition, he might have more loot than you and thats about it. He doesn't have additional content. Is this a moneygrab? I've said this about EA many times, simply because they produce a horrible game with a big time franchise name. Gearbox is giving us the second title in a fledgling series, so no, this is NOT a money grab. The game is shoot and loot, it even has a raid boss when you hit level cap. So, I think I've covered most bases, if you're rating this game low because all you do is kill things and get loot, then you bought the WRONG GAME. That said, if you enjoyed the first Borderlands, you're in for a awesome treat. And if you didn't play the first, you're in for a awesome treat! This game is leaps and bounds above its predecessor, with almost all of its major mechanics being improved. The gun play endlessly robust with an exponential amount of options available on every class of gun. No longer are you really building your character around a particular weapon, but actually building up class skills that may compliment a particular class of guns. You can still use a rocket launcher effectively as a sniper. Graphically, the PC is excellent looking, provided you have the hardware to run it. Turn up the Physx and you get some pretty cool particle effects. Don't have a nV card? The game is still vibrant and beautiful. Looking to play with friends? Slipping in and out of friends games is now much easier and simple. You can connect through Steamworks, giving the appearance of XBL or PSN. Because its built into the front end of the game, you just choose a friend and GO. Things that still need work : movement mechanics are still a little strange. Walking around and not being able to jump over or on something still pops up. Driving mechanics are still fairly flat, but there are many vehicle options this go-around. You are now able to customize the aesthetics of your character and vehicles given dropped items in game. So there you have it, a game which completely dominates its predecessor in every aspect while rolling up some of the more modern abilities of multiplayer and offering one of the most unique gaming experiences via the FPS/RPG hybrid. Thank you Gearbox, we need more developers that have your integrity! Expand
  31. Sep 29, 2012
    I love this game. I absolutely love it. It manages to be very new and refreshing, while remaining very familiar. The guns are awesome, they seem to have them balanced well enough to keep each player's preference satisfied. The story is very, very, very good. The old/new character cameos are a revelation. The game is very rewarding, though at some times it can be difficult for certain types of players (i like to TANK with a Rogue, but that's just me). The graphics are very similar to the first Borderlands graphics, but the animations are a lot better B2. Also the AI is a little better, enemies get out of the way of your bullets fast, hide for a long time while simultaneously throwing very well aimed grenades, also i just loved how ,sometimes, low health enemies hide behind full-health Badass Enemies when you're trying to get a second wind, effectively screwing with you. Just a side note, the first couple of levels will seem very difficult to attain and the game may get frustrating sometimes, but you will adapt quickly and the fun will resume. Bravo for Gearbox, i hope they keep this up and give us many more surprises in the future. Expand
  32. Oct 3, 2012
    I have been playing this game for 50+ hours and I love it. It seems like it doesn't have an end, when you add in the multitude of side missions. In my view, there are three big improvements over Borderlands 1: (1) wider variety of enemies. B1 got kind of boring with the abundance of Skags. (2) cooler vehicles with stronger weapons, especially the catapult (3) somewhat more coherent main mission. Also, the graphics are a vast improvement, except that I had some initial difficulty identifying enemies due to the shadowing. The game itself runs smoothly even though my graphics are below the minimum required. The only improvement I would have liked to have seen is stronger weapons. It may just be me, but it seemed like it always took a minimum of three hits to kill even the most inocuous enemy. Expand
  33. Sep 18, 2012
    Outstanding game, Gearbox has outdone themselves again except better than ever. I would have preferred they stuck with the old in game font, but I can live with this one. Loot is great, enemies are creative and awesome looking, graphically this game works great on a variety of gaming PCs. If you use PhysX this game looks STUNNING. I love cel shaded graphics, and the PhysX technology just takes it to the next level. With this game and Torchlight 2 coming out, I think I'll have to quit out on a social life completely. Expand
  34. Sep 22, 2012
    Игра хорошая, с юмором. Слегка напрягает квесты, но это не главное в игре. В этой игре главное шутерная составляющая, а шутер тут отменный. Советую проходить игру с друзьями, много фана обеспечено. Expand
  35. Sep 27, 2012
    Borderlands 1 was a really well done game it had a ton of fresh new concepts that actually worked out really well. From the guns, the gun combat the character progression the wide open areas and the replay-ability. Not to mention the co-op play although I have always been more of a solo artist sense I have no reliable friends to play with that wouldn't ninja everything purple and up. However it had many flaws much of the original content as far as landscape went was very monotone and felt uninteresting especially after multiple play through I found myself hating some areas very quickly but craving others. In Borderlands 2 this all changes every area is new and interesting and feels like they all have more of a story to tell and more of a history behind them like how they got to that point which in a way makes me thankful some of the original BL1 was someone bleak and basic because that simply was the history of Pandora. On top of that the story line is actually very interesting and has consistent humor all the way through. The guns have also been improved in the aspect that there are now significantly more unique possibilities Another big on is the side quests which in borderlands 1 were simply a means to level and get some more loot but now they are actually quite interesting and all tell stories of their own that help to build up the characters in the game.
    In short I am extremely impressed and have not enjoyed a game this much in a very long time.
  36. Sep 20, 2012
    What is with PC gamers nowadays? I've been primarily a PC gamer since before Wolfenstein 3D, and after all this time, I am completely unable to understand how people can be so ridiculously critical of PC games. This game is being vilified as a console port? Seriously?? The graphics are vastly improved over the original, there are options to change TONS of graphics options (including the oft-asked-for field of view), the controls are rock-solid and customizable, and there are only a few bugs. I'm honestly starting to believe that PC gamers are going to whine until there are no more consoles, period. Dark Souls was the roughest port I've ever seen, but the game was still awesome, and I want to see more console games on PC. Rant aside, this game is awesome. While it is not radically different than the first, the mechanics are all improved, and the game has been expanded greatly. If you liked Borderlands 1, you will love 2. If you didn't like 1, you probably won't like 2 either. The characters are all diverse, and the abilities are a lot more useful and powerful (Phaselock in particular is insanely handy). I went through Borderlands 1 without using the special abilities really at all, but that's not the case with 2. Guns are widely more varied now, and are interesting to collect. The only criticism I can say about guns is that in the early part of the game, I ran out of ammo INSANELY quickly. In multiplayer, you share money, eridium (used to buy upgrades), and even ammo (the other player gets half of what you pick up). Sharing loot can still be a sore spot in multiplayer matches, but if you're playing with friends, it shouldn't be a huge problem. The way character upgrades work is a lot better than Borderlands 1 as well. In 1, you only leveled up weapons that you used, which led to people sticking to one type of gun from the very beginning. In 2, however, you work on "challenges" that give you points you can use towards certain unlocks. It's a much more elegant system. ***************************************************************************************** Bottom line, Borderlands 2 is a very well-done game that surpasses the original in every way. If you were bored by Borderlands 1, pass 2 up, but if you loved 1, you will love 2. Expand
  37. Oct 4, 2012
    Yes, I know a 10 sounds impossible - a perfect score you might ask? I'd probably give this game a 9.5 if I could, 9 seems too low. Just fantastic. Did you like Borderlands 1, if yes then you should love Borderlands 2, it has more of everything you liked - the world seems even bigger and the new enemies are great fun. Love this game and have really been enjoying it.
  38. Oct 14, 2012
    Not sure what it is about this game, but I played all the way through twice! I got about 3-4 hours into the first one and was BORED.... This game isn't that different from the first game but does everything right this time around.
  39. Jan 12, 2013
    Absolutely love this game its a FPS dungeon crawler!!! Collect guns lvl up toons play with friends!! Dont liten to the idiots saying no replay value cause thats a joke. An the season pass an all the DLC has been a blast as well! I like the improvements they made upon the game compared to BL1 as well. The graphics are smoother an the mechanics do not feel clunky at all. A must buy game IMO 10/10 Great job gearworks @ look forward to ALiens marines! Expand
  40. Sep 25, 2012
    I think this game is near perfect ! I played a lot with the first Borderlands, and I think the second one is at least as good as the first, but in some ways it's even better. The character customization, the level designs, the enemies, the weapons, and the story are all awesome ! And the humor... is hilarious :D Go and play this game !
  41. Sep 18, 2012
    This is a great iteration on the same formula that made Borderlands fun. Every single system is improved, including the anemic opening fights in the first game; this time you jump into a plot fight without having to wade through a mile of filler first. Claptrap is often actually amusing - Gearbox clearly realized how annoying he became in the first and made him the butt of some honestly funny jokes here. Gun handling is tight and I'd say the PC version is truly a "PC version", not a "PC port" - much unlike the first game, they put in the time to do it right. The difficulty is turned up a few notches, though - my Siren character regularly gets curb stomped which didn't happen much in the first game. The game is clearly balanced for multiplayer, but it's still a lot of fun single player - just don't expect to dominate everything on your first try like in BL 1. In short, this is a truly excellent followup. If you liked Borderlands you absolutely need to get this; if you didn't, skip the first and try this out. Especially for PC, it is literally better in every way. Expand
  42. Sep 30, 2012
    There's a lot more bad guys to kill this time around. It's hard, and it's frustrating, but it really keeps the pace up, and keeps things from becoming dull. The weapons are awesome, gambling is fun, Moxxi's **** are huge, and the bosses are badass. Also, it's funny as hell.

If you're looking for a game as holy as Jesus himself, then you're gonna have to wait, but if you're looking for a
    **** fun game, then you'll like Borderlands 2. If you don't like a challenge, though, you won't like this game. Expand
  43. May 1, 2013
    I did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too will like this game.

I strongly recommend this game
  44. Dec 29, 2012
    Best rpg/shooter ever. 2k took the best parts of BL1 and just hit it home. The guns are more balanced in this installment. Good because there's always a better replacement and bad because there aren't more bank and twink slots. (The shelf life of BL1 guns were far greater.) The game is beautiful both in function and in form in every way. The only gripe I have is the 2D map is sometimes hard to follow. The missions are varied and interesting and multiplayer is a blast. This one's a keeper. Expand
  45. Oct 18, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER! lol! Ok, Borderlands 2 "could be" considered a DLC for Borderlands 1 BUT they perfected all the game mechanics and menus, the story is much longer and far more in depth and WAY more entertaining(and I say this having loved the story in BL 1)! It was well worth pre-ordering. I love the Mechromancer as well. She and her robot are BAD in a great way! The stock charectors are kinda familiar though and to be honest Id much rather play my Lilith from BL 1 than Maya from BL 2 but then again, Lilith was so OP I guess they had to tone the siren down(and being OP is probably why I miss Lilith so much lol). So I think my only complaint is that the stock charectors arent different enough from those in BL 1 and they seem toned down. Other than that BL 2 is just awsome. Oh, I started playing Captain Scarlet DLC today...I LOVE THE NEW VEHICLE! OMG what a hoot! Driving that thing around is worth getting that DLC ALONE lol! Expand
  46. Oct 17, 2013
    Bigger and better than the original game in every possible imaginable way. Not only that but this game has some of the best dialogue and greatest characters ever to appear in a game. Pretty much a must have experience. Now.. I'm off to save up for a pony made of diamonds.
  47. Sep 24, 2012
    Game is awesome, and much better than I initially expected.. This is a superb port, and has proper PC options. Gameplay/levels themselves are varied and highly fun. Playing in coop with friends or even strangers is incredibly fun. Overall, this is a great game and a GOTY contender.
  48. Sep 26, 2012
    I have to change my review, originally gave B2 a 4, now a 9, let me explain. I played Borderlands for about 3 hours solo, hated it, and didn't give this game a chance. After playing for about 10 hours (public co-op) I can definitively say that I am having a blast playing Borderlands 2. This game is fantastic! The graphics are great! The animations are great! The story is funny and deep if you want to follow it, or you can just blast everything in sight.

The loot is fantastic and diverse and upgraded weapons do make a big difference (unlike skyrim)
    I think the leveling system in B2 is much better than a Bethesda game.

All in all, I'm going to say that Borderlands 2 is a better game than Fallout 3 and on par with Skyrim.

Borderlands 2 > F3 > Borderlands

Gearbox did a really good job with this game. The PC options are the most expansive I have seen on a PC game in a LONG time, everything is there for the PC gamers to tweak. And, what really makes this game incredible is that the Co-op is NOT JUST TACKED ON AT THE END.

Co-op is ingrained in the very core of this game, if you aren't playing co-op you are doing it wrong. Very few games actually take the time to develop the game around the Co-op experience and instead just offer a really lousy multiplayer option just hit to check box on the back of the box. Borderlands 2 has some of the best Co-op I've ever played, maybe the best.

It is just a great, fun game to play. If you did not like Borderlands I strongly urge you to play this game Co-op. I think you'll be surprised, I was.

Great Game!
  49. Oct 2, 2012
    Game is incredible. Levls 1-16 it feels a bit easy but around 17 and up it feels like the training wheels come off and it gets challenging. Love this game!
  50. Sep 18, 2012
    I pre-ordered the game on Steam. It became available right at midnight with no issues.. Played for about 3 1/2 hours. The graphics are much better on PC than the console versions, theres even some Nvidia specific stuff you can turn on. If you liked Borderlands, you'll love Borderlands 2.
  51. Oct 7, 2012
    This is the first game since Skyrim that i've wanted to continuously play without a rest. Usually I get bored and switch between games... rarely finishing 10% of them. Borderlands 2 is very polished. The voice acting and humor is outstanding!
  52. Oct 5, 2012
    Game of the Year for me..its got everything that i would love..good graphics, gameplay , even the story got better this time and the soundtrack is simply amazing...everything is just badass.....
  53. Sep 19, 2012
    im a fan of the first borderlands and im VERY satisfied with this new borderlands, they really made a great job and im just waiting to get that new awesome weapon to fight and kill monsters with my friends, thanks for create this masterpiece
  54. Sep 18, 2012
    A bit of unpolished physics, strange animations, and such keep this from being a perfect ten. But everything else?

Guns: Awesome. Gameplay: Exciting. Writing: Hysterical. Replayability: Basically infinite with the character-spanning Badass Token system.

This game is everything I'd hoped for.
  55. Dec 26, 2012
    Best game ever... Super History, great Multiplayer, great graphics, HUGE world, HUGE WEAPONS, HUGE FUN, sometimes you get tired but ITS A GREAT GAME!!! ... :D
  56. Nov 10, 2012
    The original Borderlands was one of my favourite games of 2009. Its unique graphic style, tongue-and-cheek story, insanely fun loot-shooting and four-player co-op made it a long-lasting and unforgettable experience. However, Borderlands was not without its flaws, and after a wait of three years, Gearbox has finally given us something the long-awaited successor, Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 2 is everything a sequel should be. It maintains the core formula that made the first game so great, improves upon it in almost every way and fixes the flaws that troubled its predecessor. The "Role-playing shooter" label that Borderlands has been given accurately describes what the game is about. It has all the makings of a fun first person shooter; lots of guns, a variety of enemies to face and robust shooting mechanics. But it's also got the elements that make role-playing games so addictive. On top of being a perfectly competent shooter, Borderlands 2 incorporates RPG elements such as skill trees, inventories, and most importantly, looting. It's insanely rewarding to clear out an area, open a weapons chest and find that perfect gun you were looking for, then upgrade your skills to match your new playing style.

Of the characters in Borderlands 1, only the Siren returns, this time in the form of Maya. The other three are completely new; Axton, a Commando, who has the characteristics of the soldier from the first game; Salvador the Gunzerker, a completely new character who can dual wield any two weapons as his special ability; and Zer0, an assassin with a badass sword who can turn invisible take out the enemy silently. These four make up for an interesting cast, and varied in the way in which they play. If you're planning on playing Borderlands 2 co-op with four players, it'd make for great diversity if each picked a different character. The contrast in playing styles, weapons used and skills invested in means that you're in for a really enjoyable experience if you work together with your friends. However, note that while Borderlands 2 supports up to four player co-op Online, it only supports two players playing split-screen locally.

The graphic style is identical to that of the original game, and you won't notice any major improvements in the texture quality. But it's the little things that make Borderlands 2 feel like a better game than what the first was. The game runs much more smoothly, there's less texture pop-ins (though still some), each gun has its own unique reload animation, chests open more extravagantly, and most importantly, the environments really come alive. In the original game, you spent the majority of the game in a barren desert or wasteland, only switching to a tundra-type environment towards the end of the game. In Borderlands 2, you're given a much wider variety of environments to explore, all of which are more vibrant and prettier to look at than the ones in the first game.

You'll likely find the game-play similar too, but in a fresh, upgraded way that reminds you of the first game without feeling like the same thing. You can wield up to four guns (out of 87 bazillion), and many more in your inventory, though by the end of the game you'll likely have switched your favourite weapon many a time for a better one you've found. The lack of a weapon proficiency system means that you can't take one low-level gun and go through the whole game with it using it and upgrading its stats, which I find disappointing, but it's a subtle flaw that's easy to overlook when the game is this much fun. All the guns feel unique, look unique and sound unique. Some have their own special effects, my favourite of which is an assault rifle with exploding rounds. The gunplay feels very fast-paced and eventful, and each character can use their special skill at any time if it has cooled down. These are designed to offer you an edge over the competition, although if truth be told, so long as you keep switching weapons for better ones and generally get better, the game shouldn't prove much of a challenge.

All the improvements that Gearbox had made to Borderlands with its Downloadable Content have seemingly been implemented in Borderlands 2 from the start. The story is actually enjoyable, there are tons of guns, more customization and new vehicles. In every way, this feels like a better game than Borderlands. From the mini-map to the much more accessible and pretty user interface, to the characters, to the story, to the gunplay and environments, Borderlands 2 is an improvement over what was already a fantastic game, and that is why you should buy it.
  57. Nov 8, 2012
    I don't know if this game surpasses the first one or if it is the same game with new characters. What I know is that Borderlands 2 is awesome, with lots of secret content, funny dialogues and awesome characters. The characters from the first game appear here, probably more bad-asses than ever.
    Playing a shooter game where there are ways to play it with only melee attacks is awesome.
    AND
    it's a hardcore game that never gets boring. At least for me =D Expand
  58. Nov 19, 2012
    I have to say it's a cool jump from Borderlands 1. I personally enjoy Borderlands 2 more than the previous one, that's their goal and they did it.

BEST GAME EVER ( with Tiny Tina Voice )
  59. Mar 6, 2013
    I don't like to give out 10/10, but this game truly had it all. Graphics, while cartoony, were great and stayed with the theme throughout. Gameplay was phenomenal. Tonnes of loot, comedy, story, missions, huge map, fun vehicles, great guns. Multiplayer was well done and is lots of fun when I choose to play it. I have no complaints about this game. Did not purchase DLC as I felt I had done so much already in the original game. Also never played the original, so I had no comparison to the previous one. Expand
  60. Sep 20, 2012
    Okay, so why did I give it a 10? Because in my opinion it's everything I loved from the first one with everything a sequel should have. Brand new everything, weapon types, new element type, too many enemy types to think of, brand new locales... Everything. I can't stress how much this game was worth the money I paid for it enough. This isn't some crappy rehash of the first game. It's a sequel and it's a damn good one. I can't believe I'm even taking time to write this, but I'm tired and I just went through one of the most gripping scenes in a video game that I can remember. To prove that I am a freaking gamer who loves this game my steam id is CJx101. Please add me if you think I'm from gearbox or some crap. Anyways, when something garners this much attention it's bound to draw the haters, the people who complain over really stupid **** or the people who didn't like the first one and say the same crap about this one. The graphics are slightly better, not a selling point nor should it be a buying point. The gameplay is where the game shines, everything has been improved, the loot system, god boring technical details, so eff that. The game is awesome, if you liked the first one you will love this one. It's not a **** expansion and you shouldn't feel freaking ripped off when everything in the goddamn game is different than the first one, that doesn't even make sense. If you've played the first and then this one, there are so few similarities in locales, enemies, and the variety of guns that you can't even claim that as an argument. and the story is just awesome, no spoilers, but it's waaaayyyy better than the first one, and is actually probably my biggest reason for loving this game so much. I cannot wait (very close) to the minute I blow Handsome Jack's **** head off. That's all I wanted to say, now back to Borderlands 2 and ignore the negative responses, people can find anything to **** about. Expand
  61. Sep 21, 2012
    I don't know how people can hate this game... it so much fun... maybe you should try playing with a friend or 2....

Anyway... my first impression of the game was that it is very similar to the first one... but with much more improvements... more guns, better abilities... new characters, MINIMAP FFS!, better inventory, better quests... stronger and smarter enemies, better graphics
    without making the game much heavier then it was....
    Sounds are great as always and in conclusion the game is worth buying, worth playing and hell with all the haters... fix your pc's...
  62. Sep 23, 2012
    This game improves in almost every single aspect compared to the last game, which means I would be damned if I not give this a 10/10. I am only level 18 right now but MY GOODNESS I am so impressed at how everything I ever thought would make Borderlands 1 more enjoyable happened to be implemented in this sequel. The menus, as flashy as they seem, are so much better at conveying important statistics about your gear and you can even sort your inventory menu into categories which make your personal gear selection a breeze. The gameplay has improved so much more as well. The enemies now react a lot more intelligently as they are more complex in how they attack and evade you. The animations of your enemies also feels a lot more realistic as they are running around and reacting to being hit in specific body parts. A lot more variety of enemies with unique characteristics keep things feeling fresh.

The narration and story-telling in this game is a lot more immersive and will have you wanting to know what happens next. The NPCs are more interactive and only help with the immersion. I do have some personal turnoffs about this game, the main ones being that the Assault rifles and SMGs feel like they are much weaker and feel a lot more weird to shoot (maybe I havent found the right ones yet or maybe it is because the enemies are now more evasive so it is hard to just spray them like in Borderlands 1 while they just walk towards you in a straight line.) Second turnoff one is that I dont like the scopes they have. It is just a personal dislike I have. I dont enjoy shooting things from the scopes in this game as much as in Borderlands 1.

You cannot have a more fun time shooting guns than this game. Ive never had. There are still 3 characters I havent even played with and I am only level 18 as of right now and yet to play online with people so can you imagine how many different ways there are to enjoy this game to your preference? This is the definition of a fun game
  63. Jul 8, 2014
    It feels like what Diablo 3 should have been. Granted, it's not as much of a "lock yourself in your room for a year" kind of game, but the guns are varied, the enemies are challenging, and the game doesn't hold your hand down a linear path. Pandora feels like a massive, uncharted place to explore, and you are constantly challenged and rewarded for doing so. The writing is stellar, the characters are memorable, the visuals fit right in with the overall theme of the game. It's a great ride that I'll definitely return to more than once. Well worth it, even 2 years now after release. Expand
  64. Oct 3, 2012
    You will need a decent laptop/desktop to fully enjoy this game. The Co-op is still the highlight of the game, but the comments and smart@$$ remarks from the in-game characters is funnier this time around. I gave it a 9, due to it still being the same feel as the old Borderlands, which isnt bad, but they could of done this as a DLC and we will still have the same amount of fun as before. Single player is still very enjoyable and with alot of hidden achievements and exploration, you should be busy for days. Expand
  65. Sep 25, 2012
    I've never played the first one, but did play Rage, so that's the only kind of outlander FPS I can compare with. Haven't finished but have already sunk a good 15 hours in and can confirm that it's a lot of fun even playing the single campaign - really love the looting and dazzling array of weaponry. Enemies are kind of fun too. Music's low-key, really nice but not enough variation of tracks for me - oh and the dialogue is exceptionally mad, in a good way. The only thing to whine about is not liking how I have to steer vehicles with my mouse, rather than right left arrows. Also, not overly keen on respawning enemies all the time. It kind of reminds me of Far Cry 2 in that respect - but it's still lots of fun to kill them all again, mostly. Sweet game, highly recommend. Expand
  66. Sep 18, 2012
    Basically, if you enjoyed the first game, you will love this one. Gearbox listened to the feedback us nerds provided and answered by getting rid of the weak co-op and adding a tremendous amount of the things we enjoyed. Great dialog, creative environments, smooth gameplay, luscious looting. I am tempted to give it a 10.
  67. Sep 18, 2012
    Best co-op game I have ever played. There are so many guns and the world is so beautiful. The shooting is fast and fun and the game has the most diverse enemy list I have ever seen. The PC version is easily the best version as well.
  68. Sep 20, 2012
    One of the best games of 2011 if not the best. I haven't had this much fun since.. well borderlands. Graphics, sound and areas are superb. Co-op connectivity has been fixed (B1 was pretty bad) and it's a blast to play with friends. I have nothing negative to say about this game. GET IT!
  69. Dec 10, 2012
    I was never a fan of Borderlands, but then a week ago, a friend gave me a Steam key for BL2 and I played the game, enjoyed the freaking hell out of the game, became a fan and have been addicted to this game for the past week. Borderlands 2 is the one and ONLY game released in 2012 that actually pleased me enough to play it a 2nd time. Borderlands 2 is my Number 1 game of 2012.
  70. Sep 22, 2012
    This is such a beautiful, crazy, sometimes outright weird and outrageously hilarious game. It's extremely addictive and the loot system is uber awesome. Frankly it's a refinement of an already awesome game (Borderlands) similar to what Fifa 13 is, but the subtle touches and the addition of so many extra features is just superb. It's almost as big or bigger than the first game and is certainly better than it's prequel. I would even go on to say that it's a Diablo killer. All in all it's an awesome package that's definitely worth your money. So go ahead and buy it!! Expand
  71. Oct 2, 2012
    (I'll just take a couple of lines to say that the people who say this is a console port is just lying and you should ignore reviews that say this)
    Where to start? This game is fun, especially to those who enjoy the Diablo and Torchlight franchises, and is a big improvement over the original. The graphics are good and Physx, although gimmicky, is amazing to look at in co-op. The guns are
    all revamped and the environments and enemies are more diverse. It all blends really well together. The story is a bit cliche, although there are plenty of intense moments, made all the more fun with multiple players in a game.
    I'd like to go into more detail with the flaws, however. While the guns are generally more fun to use, I've got a problem with two particular weapon groups: assault rifles and revolvers. There seems to be a lack of accurate assault rifles, since Hyperion doesn't seem to make them anymore. There are really powerful ones by Jakobs, and some fire grenades, but those aren't automatic. And then you've got pistols which are much more satisfying to use, but revolvers are just Jakobs, Jakobs, Jakobs, and many of them lack proper laser sights, which were vital in Borderlands 1.
    There are some scaling issues, i.e. level scaling and the way the level to HP ratio scales. This game is harder, but much of the difficulty derives from the fact that enemies of the same level or just one level above can annihilate you even if don't suck, and even in a one-on-one firefight: the problem here is, why should I lose on a one-on-one firefight, even if I'm a level or so lower? It doesn't make sense. If enemies dealt a little less damage and had just a little less HP, this problem would be fixed. About the level to HP ratio, well, you'll start noticing large gaps in the HP increments as you gain levels (more specifically, from Lv 25 onward). This isn't exactly a problem at first sight - not until you realize that enemies scale in much the same way, and what that means is that the awesome gun you found at Lv 26 that you do not want to let go of may be rendered almost useless by Lv 30. This is unlike the first game, where an Anarchy could easily last you at least 15 levels until you get a new one. While this does encourage to search for better guns, it can prove to be a nuisance.
    My last complaint is only minor, but I find some of the mildly immature humour irritating at times. But this is where the flaws end. Gearbox has done it right this time, in my opinion, so I most certainly recommend this game.
  72. Sep 25, 2012
    Look no further - Game of the Year 2012. Upon the huge success of Borderlands in 2009, GearBox has shown the world how a new IP should be like. This company respects the players, constantly pushes out new contents and has a very good public image. Back to the game itself - there is absolutely nothing I could complain about the *launch* version of this game. NOTE: some games take a few weeks or months just to get their games working on players' machines. Unlike the broken co-op element back in Borderlands (I remember resetting my router ten millions times while annoying my roommates), BL2 has got this right from the start - no bugs, no major user complaints and has a solid gaming experience (for players to consume in). Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the humor in this game is unprecedentedly good. It's like I'm watching Seinfeld while simultaneously participating in the fun. As a comparison, instead of nerfing characters and pissing off avid players (I'm talking about you Blizzard and D3), GearBox's goal is to *entertain* all of us. All the guns in BL2 have been reworked to the point that I wouldn't get bored at "farming", if any at all. All the quests are unique and side missions aren't as boring as before. With the upcoming promise of new classes and quests, there is more to come, so just shut up and take my money. Expand
  73. Nov 25, 2012
    Steam had a sale today so I went ahead and picked this game up for half-price. I was not a fan of the original, but thought I would take a chance as I have grown a bit bored of Diablo 3 and didn't really like Torchlight 2.

So far I am totally impressed. I plan to add more to my review later and possibly adjust the score. As of now, the things that stick out in this game are...

Better visuals than the first game, albeit slightly. With details cranked to maximum Borderlands 2 (a DX9 game) is surprisingly one of the prettiest on the market, thanks in large part to an impressive art-style.

2. Story. Unlike in the first game, players have a very real objective and a very real enemy from the moment the game starts. This is an improvement over the first game, as it's always important to get the player involved early in the story.

3. Gunplay is extremely satisfying. Aiming down the sights, shooting from the hip - however you go about it, the gameplay in Borderlands 2 is very intense and very satisfying. The enemies are tenacious, and are intelligent enough to dodge gunfire and predict your movements.

4. Rewarding. The game rewards the players with a non-stop barrage of usable weapons and loot. This is a refreshing change of pace for someone coming over from Diablo 3.

5. Well optimized. This game is not very demanding and can be played on max settings without being too greedy with system resources. Just about any mid-range machine can play this game to it's fullest potential, and it runs like a dream.

As I said before, I will add more as I play more. But I can already tell that Borderlands 2 is something very special.
  74. Sep 19, 2012
    Ugh... I normally don't post these but after reading a few of the negative reviews I felt compelled to. First off, this is not a console port. Borderlands 2 looks better and runs better than Borderlands 1 for the plain and simple fact it was optimized for PC. I'm running a $200 ATI video card I bought last November and the game runs fine.

Second, it does not have day one DLC. I'm sorry
    everyone, but if it was there I probably would've bought it. It does however have DLC coming out in a month that the developers worked on after the game went gold. If you pre-ordered the game, you get the DLC for free. The people moaning about this either didn't get the memo or forgot to pre-order. Its not our fault you missed out, every game gets pre-order goodness now and this game was no different.

Third, the game does offer a "season pass" for DLC. They aren't common, but it has been done before with games such as Saints Row 3. This is an optional purchase that will get you all of the DLC released over the next year (more or less). This is not an earth-shattering money grab, you are guaranteed to receive at least a set amount of DLC. It may even include the new character class (rumor I heard, but I have not independently confirmed it).

Fourth, if you didn't enjoy Borderlands 1 you probably will not enjoy Borderlands 2. I'm sorry, it doesn't have 32 player competitive multiplayer. Boo-freak'in-hoo.

Now, for those of you who want someone's opinion who knew what they were buying...

Graphically, the game is a minor improvement. It makes use of more shaders (reflective ice for example) and has been optimized for framerates.

The game no longer goes through Gamespy and accesses your Steam friends list. Port-forwarding is no longer required to host games (damn, that was annoying).

The weapon system has been tweaked so that weapons can use more than 1 ammo per shot, there are also new types of grenades such as "homing mirv sticky grenades". Health, ammo and cash will auto-loot in combat.

The humor is reminiscent of General Knoxx. If you have ever watched Frisky Dingo, Handsome Jack's lines seem like they were written for Xander Crews. Lines such as "... why don't you turn around and... what the hell happened to your face!"

Quests however seem to reuse zones a bit more though not as excessive as say Dragon Age 2. It is however more noticeable than Borderlands 1 and the enemies don't scale up. Boss fights and zones are now repeatable within a single game session.

Targeting... is a lot more specific in this version. If you are even a pixel off from hitting a mob, they will not be hit. There is a target assist, but I don't recommend using it

The max level is 50, expect Gearbox to dangle increased level caps in DLC. That's exactly what they did in Borderlands 1 DLC. I would've have preferred more levels and larger skills trees... but we don't all get what we want.

The game rewards players with multiple characters with the "bada**" system that allows you to take incremental upgrades based on achievement completion that affects all characters. It can be toggled off.

Overall, I'm happy with the game. Its not the breakthrough that Borderlands 1 was but it is an evolution of the game concept with some risky features added in. If you are looking for a game with an intricate story, this game isn't for you. Solo play may even be downright boring. But if you've got friends or don't mind playing with random people, cooperative play is where this game really shines.
  75. Sep 19, 2012
    Basically everything that made Borderlands 1 great is done better in Borderlands 2, with even more stuff thrown in. This is a fantastic game. Also, I'm betting the people complaining that Borderlands 2 is JUST a console port haven't even played the game, as the interface is vastly improved for PC use over Borderlands 1, and many options are included to help PC users tweak the game to play how they like that were only accessible by modifying INI files in Borderlands 1. Expand
  76. Sep 24, 2012
    This game is a FANTTTAASSSTIC! game! I lovfe it! AND console port??? DAMN! It is perfect FOR PC. No problems at all none. I love this game.

Only problem for ME! Is that sometimes its annoying when the enemies know how to dodge/are fast ;)! ARGH! This game can be hard if the enemies DODGE FAST or they have alot alot of HP!

But yeah you just have to complete side guests ( WHICH GIVE
    YOU nice bonus skins etc!!!! :) love it!) and then you have enough LVL and guns and all to take on da bosses. 9.5/10. I got no major complains Expand
  77. Sep 18, 2012
    It's more Borderlands, except now Borderlands is better. It's like the first game was a rough plaster statue hastily thrown together, you could still admire the idea but it was rather rough, and Borderlands 2 is a fine marble version of the same statue, only now it's cleaner and glows on the colors of the light spectrum.
  78. Jan 14, 2013
    That game just awesome, chiseled the loot compared bl1, more bazillion guns, 96.5% more wub wub, various missions, creative characters, the old characters from bl1 be present on this game, need more?
  79. Sep 19, 2012
    I honestly don't get why people are rating this so low. Yes, it is a console port, but a really well done one at that. You want to criticize a BAD one, look at Dark Souls (which was still fun), or even the first Borderlands at that.

That said, let's get to my actual review. Graphics look similar to the first, but with improved quality, a plus. Gameplay (As an Assassin, my experience)
    involves actively dashing around while getting as many well-aimed criticals as possible, also a plus. Enemy interaction and personality has MUCH more depth than before, but I have noticed a few bugs with the AI (for example, it's not uncommon to see a bandit looking straight up and shooting at some nonexistent target). Aside from that bug though, I see nothing but improvement over the first game, which was already fun enough on its own. All in all, if you liked the original, you'll like the sequel even more. If you didn't like the original, don't expect the sequel to be any different. Expand
  80. Sep 18, 2012
    Best loot driven game I have played. Incredibly funny dialogue, fun to play classes, beautiful graphics and tons of weapons. It's so easy to play with your friends and the PC version is superb.
  81. Sep 19, 2012
    So good that it puts BL1 to shame. I dont understand the need for all the negative reviews by conspiracy theorists when games actually receive a phenomenal score.
  82. Nov 28, 2012
    Easily the best action shooter this year. It's like Diablo 3 in good. Real skill trees, your shooting skill affects the game, awesome character design, nice story telling, nice graphics (although a bit old and slow texture loading engine). I played it for about 8 hrs now and I could not find any flaw. Only the inventory is kind of messed up because of the console port it is (damn you, consoles), but you get used to it and it works fine. The co-op play is awesome and i highly recommend to team up with your mates and just have a great time in pandora. I really love this game and it beats the crap out of the other shooters today. Expand
  83. Sep 19, 2012
    My opinion/review is simple. BUY IT! If you like FPS+RPG+endless loot this is for you. If you don't like long, in depth games DON'T BUY IT! This game is highly recommended by myself and is much easier than the 1st one and looks/feels better too! Keep in mind this is based on opinion and not fact. This is from my own personal experiences. ENJOY!!!
  84. Sep 29, 2012
    Just beaten the game 1st time. It's the same borderlands, but better!
    Borderlands 2 lost a little bit of art style somewhere, but gained a little bit of physics, more humor and great amount of badassesness.
  85. Sep 18, 2012
    Takes what was so good about Borderlands, and makes it even better. Then adds just about every tweek and improvement you can think of.

After having to deal with Diablo 3 for months of disapointment, frustration, and trying to finish without using the real money auction house, this game gives me faith again in game developers again.
  86. Sep 18, 2012
    Some of the reviews have said that this is a console port. This is actually untrue though. I had followed the development of BL2 pretty closely and one thing that Gearbox always stressed is that the PC version was not a simple game port. Its the a full fledged GAME. Which is to say that they developed this version of the game alongside the console versions (not afterward). For a game developer to do that extra work just to keep consumers happy AND release a game this good is just the best, 10/10 for the game and 10/10 for Gearbox. Expand
  87. Dec 3, 2013
    Really nice game, large choice of weapons, beautiful graphics, interesting characters, large world to explore, interesting quests, interesting vehicle mini game, add a nice touch of humor and you have a near perfect game, only gave it 9 because i never give 10,I'm a firm believer that there is always room for improvement.
  88. Sep 18, 2012
    If you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is fun and more challenging than the original. The only flaw I can really find in this game is that the menus are unnecessarily clunky. Namely, the inability to use WASD to navigate menus (Skyrim, anyone?). But really, this is a wonderful game so far, and a much better piece of software than the terrible PC version of the first game was. :D Expand
  89. Oct 24, 2012
    Very, very nice game. And one of the things that makes this game so good is that 2K Games succeded in what is nearly impossiple: Making a game that is better than it's predecessor in every way. The story is better, the talent system is better, the jokes are funnier and most importantly: The loot is way more awesome! The only reason i only gave this game 9/10 is because the single player is a lot worse than the multiplayer. Especially the last stand system is completly **** when there is no one to revive you. So i think i would give the multiplayer a 10/10 and then the single player about 7/10. Expand
  90. Sep 23, 2012
    Awsome, a game that i will be playing for years the amount of content in this game is staggering, luv the pacing and the loot collecting is addictive as hell get this game.
  91. Nov 11, 2012
    Game of the year! This game is totally awesome. Pretty much same as 1st part but everything what could be improved is better here. Great leveling system which make game fun no matter how much pass throughs you do. For now 1st DLC is out and it's really good with gameplay hours like other full games have. ONLY BAD AND UNNECESSARY thing in game are 2 "invincible" bosses. They MUST be passed in coop and if you don't have 3 other players you can't pass that and win al achivements. Expand
  92. Sep 19, 2012
    Never played a game so funny and so awsome like this.A masterpiece in all aspects.The gameplay is unique,the humor are fantastic,the story is comic but more madure,with more emotion this time.The graphics are better and the game runs like a charm in a pc with minimum requiriments.The guns? How mich?Just don't know.. maybe..infinite? Amazing,diversified and beautiful guns.All of then. Love the game.It's 100%worth and 100% awsome. A must-have and a must-buy. Expand
  93. Sep 23, 2012
    When it comes down to it Borderlands 2 is basically a Diablo game built as a FPS. With beautiful graphics and a pretty well done PC port this makes for an addictive combination. If you don't like the repetition of Diablo and Torchlight kinds of games and are only used to CoD type shooters then this isn't for you. But I personally find this game to be a lot of fun!
  94. Dec 8, 2013
    i played this game 4-5 months. i love everything in this game. weapons, enemies, caracters, story. and more important the references are awesome. YOU CAN SLAP THE JEFFREY MAN anyway if you call you GAMER you MUST play this game.
  95. Sep 20, 2012
    I've been waiting to this day for a long time, played Borderlands 2 almost 6 hours today and I can say that this game is AMAZING. The first game was insanely fun and Gearbox took everything that we didn't like it and improved. You will no longer receive damage from falling, no matter how high you will jump, your challenges now will give you a little -yet essential- bonus ; you don't need to repair Claptraps anymore to expand your backpack and you won't need to spend 600000 dollars in a single weapon upgrade (Crazy Earl will do that for Eridium - a new kind of currency in Pandora), this game doesnt label your character ; what do I mean ? That you can play as Zero and use assault rifles, you can snipe with Axton, you can do everything you want, because you've 3 different Skill trees to each character, making 3 different ways of gameplay with each one. Borderlands 2 it's all about fetching quests and looking for new and more powerful guns, and it delivers pretty well. The sidequests are the real GEM of this game, you will laugh your ass off with that sweet humor that you can only find in Borderlands. Our beloved characters are back, you can drink with Moxxi (from Mad Moxxi DLC), Catch a Ride with the funny (probably one of the funniest characters in the game) redneck Scooter and his sister Ellie, high five and dance dubstep with Claptrap, or help Roland/Mordecai/Lilith and Brick to defeat the biggest prick of Pandora - Handsome Jack. All in all Borderlands HAS EVERYTHING that I care about - Funny and good story (and sidequests), LOTS of guns, Solid Cell-shading graphics, an awesome 4 people strategic co-op, a HUGE word with tons of new enemies and Claptrap - I'm still checking this little guy dancing. Borderlands 2 is a MUST for both Hardcore/Casual gamers. Expand
  96. Sep 25, 2012
    This is an amazing game. Retains the fast paced gunslinging gameplay of the first game, but successfully adds in more story elements than in the previous version. The cartoony art-style has improved as well as the mission/level design. All in All a great game!
  97. Sep 20, 2012
    Damn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is a cool dude by then you're pretty **** up. If you liked Borderlands you will find that this is a true sequel that lives up to the hype. They did a great job of melding the story of Borderlands with Borderlands 2. I know, I know they are sequels but GearBox didn't really set the first game up for having a sequel. I guess since the story in the original was kinda of lacking it makes sense that it was easy to mold the two together. Overall Borderlands 2 is a great improvement on the original connecting with friends is far easier now that Steam has been fully integrated, even though it is still a little buggy when connecting initially. Maybe the best improvement they have made is the size of the game. The world feels large and looks large, not the mention it is beautiful. I can run this game on almost the highest setting on my laptop. (Note: I do have a ASUS RoG laptop designed for games but it is kind of dated) If you have a computer that can handle CoD you will be fine. Expand
  98. Sep 19, 2012
    This is a vast improvement over BL1. Definitely a great port, almost as good as a pc exclusive title. Gameplay is fun, environment is more lively, and new characters are awesome. BL2 is hilarious, so many great punchlines. Originally, the game crashed and I couldn't play. Had to update my BIOS. (AMD/Gigabyte)
    But that does not warrant for a lower rating.

99. Sep 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. Expand

It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.