8.2

1. Jul 19, 2014
    Great game, so much loot the story and characters are great especially clap trap XD, loved it don't know why people say its boring its great to play with friends
  2. Jul 8, 2014
    It feels like what Diablo 3 should have been. Granted, it's not as much of a "lock yourself in your room for a year" kind of game, but the guns are varied, the enemies are challenging, and the game doesn't hold your hand down a linear path. Pandora feels like a massive, uncharted place to explore, and you are constantly challenged and rewarded for doing so. The writing is stellar, theIt feels like what Diablo 3 should have been. Granted, it's not as much of a "lock yourself in your room for a year" kind of game, but the guns are varied, the enemies are challenging, and the game doesn't hold your hand down a linear path. Pandora feels like a massive, uncharted place to explore, and you are constantly challenged and rewarded for doing so. The writing is stellar, the characters are memorable, the visuals fit right in with the overall theme of the game. It's a great ride that I'll definitely return to more than once. Well worth it, even 2 years now after release. Expand
  3. Jul 7, 2014
    Simply the best lootwhoring/buttonmashing co-op title since Diablo 2, though also enjoyable in SP. Hilarious dialogues, characters and cinematics. Endless combinations of loot and loads of challenges. Worthwhile DLC content. Smooth graphics which still looks good - giving you a pleasant and fluid game experience even if you have an older PC. My favorite game 2012 without any doubt.
  4. Jul 6, 2014
    Easily one of my favorite games of 2013. Great exploration, good story, tons of action, rewarding co-op, very challenging gameplay. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is too hard to solo, you'll need to play it with others. Also the final DLC, Raid on Digistruct Peak is not a new story campaign but instead a small set of near impossible challenges that will have you grinding to "OP 8" which isEasily one of my favorite games of 2013. Great exploration, good story, tons of action, rewarding co-op, very challenging gameplay. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is too hard to solo, you'll need to play it with others. Also the final DLC, Raid on Digistruct Peak is not a new story campaign but instead a small set of near impossible challenges that will have you grinding to "OP 8" which is another way of saying level 80 without the extra 8 skill points. In other words the final DLC seems rushed and unnecessary.

Took 40 hours to beat the main story line but I played 500 hours total because it's just that much fun to challenge yourself with True/Ultimate Vault hunter modes and collect loot.

The psycho and mechromancer add-ons are fun, but don't buy them unless you really like the game.
    Overall amazing game. Highly recommended.
  5. Jun 26, 2014
    Terrible company that sells lies, like a "season pass" that includes less than 1/10 of all DLC released for the game. Avoid buying this game, no matter how cheap it is. Gearbox and 2k don't deserve your money.
  6. Jun 24, 2014
    I have not played Borderlands 1, so this a discovery for me. Also, I haven't tried it solo and played with friends only, which I think is a better idea.

The story is good and very funny, and if you like the cartoon style, the world is pretty well done as well. It runs perfectly in coop mode, the AI is legit, and the "special attacks" of your character are necessary to clear out some hard bosses. You get several weapons to use, and lots of crap to collect on the floor all the time.

Conclusion : Hours of fun with friends, and loot everywhere !
  7. Jun 13, 2014
    this game is pure awesomeness and is more badass than the previous game . the weapons is almost near to infinity with each weapon having its own property . and world of pandora is huge . the co op is fun
  8. Jun 11, 2014
    Critics say this is even better than the first game. I say they are both perfect 10s. If you enjoyed the first Borderlands and want more action on Pandora, this is a must-buy.
  9. Jun 11, 2014
    GUNS, GUNS, GUUUNS, as Marcus puts it!
    Excellent game that is an upgrade sequel to the Borderlands in every way.
    STORY Just about the same as it is in Borderlands. You get to Pandora, do some main quests, do some shooting/fethching/timelimit quests and first and foremost GET MORE GUNS BABY. Borderlands 2 features a set of mostly very interesting characters of which every has its
    GUNS, GUNS, GUUUNS, as Marcus puts it!
    Excellent game that is an upgrade sequel to the Borderlands in every way.

STORY
    Borderlands 2 features a set of mostly very interesting characters of which every has its individual way of aproaching you as the vaulthunter. The thing I love about this game is that while some sidequests are simple and boring errands, still many of those sidequests are actualy both fun and interesing and enrich the main story. Here and there you get a great gun or a fun sidestory or a silly villain or... everything of that at once! I`d say that Handsome Jack managed to lead me through the story just like Vaas did in Far Cry 3 - in a different way ofcourse but still - complicated character, sometimes funny sometimes bloodthirsty. Kept me going the whole time with no sign of boredom whatsoever.

AI
    Very good. Lots of different types of enemies attack you in lots of different ways. You have to use some strategy depending on who you face. There are melee runners, snipers, riflemen, tanks, kamikazes, midgets, retards, yuppies and more.Some of them even use the loot dropped by their dead fellowmen against you.

GAMEPLAY
    Outstanding. Gunplay in this game is yet to be rivaled. You get just about any type of a wapon you can think of. Add to that a set of different effects each wapon causes and you have thousands of variants. The player can customize his inventory 100% to his likes and can play the game in any way he wishes. So every encounter is different.

GRAPHICS
    Slighly better than Borderlands. In my opinion it shows its age already but the map variety and artstyle compensates for it 100%. You don`t really pay attention to the graphics here as the maps are very fun and complicated. Character models are ok aswell.

DLCs
    This game has dlc of exceptional quality. Each of them add something to the story. Besides buffing your character you get to meet some new people and their own stories. They are both challenging and rewarding. Lots of gameplay value for the price.

Overall a great title that is sure to satisfy every fps gamer. It is interesting, beatiful fast, has heaps of gameplay with a lot of tongue in cheek humor and references. A wonderful exception to todays cashgrab trends, provides at least 100 hours of sheer entertainment.
  10. May 26, 2014
    The game is pretty good , really enjoyable , the only annoying thing is that there is a lot of DLC's like skins you have to buy , but most of the main dlc's are in the season pass which is saving some money
  11. May 25, 2014
    BL2 is still the same tedious game with countless boring fetch quests. I stopped playing it after jamming 30 hours or so on it. This game basically has no difference with BL1, I just feel my time is totally wasted.
  12. May 15, 2014
    Here is where I would put a reference to the game to make it awesome, so you will buy it.
    The game is amazing the graphics are incredibly epic, and then the script writing for the entire game is freaking hilarious.

Don't believe me?
    YouTube Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2
  13. May 15, 2014
    Well...I need to say that this thing is f**ing amazing, I've never got so addicted to a game before, the game is awesome, and has that improvement on the history that I know that everybody wanted, and the DLC's came to get me crazy....I....I can't even say how much I love this game, just waiting for the pre-sequel
  14. May 3, 2014
    This game runs great on PC, beautiful graphic upgrade options too. Netplay is 10-fold better than the original game, no longer requiring 3rd party credentials! Get it when it's on sale, steam does it several times a year. I've gotten close to 100 hours on my first playthrough, but I really enjoy doing all the DLC and stuff the first time around.
  15. May 1, 2014
    Got to find that legendary weapon! Excellent game and lots of fun in single player and co-op. Some great DLC as well. If you liked the first, there is no reason not to get this one.
  16. Apr 22, 2014
    An effort so "Epic"
    An effort so "Epic"
    Many fans and players from the original Borderlands might have not expected this game to be that much epic.The original Borderlands was lack lusted,first it had limited customization then a lame story,both of these things have been improved from the ground to beyond the sky.Borderlands 2 won't ever let you complain about it.Gearbox has performed an excellent effort on this game and this game is worth more than it's price.I recommend you a solid buy.Here are some Pros and Cons -

+Improved Gameplay Mechanics

-Slow Texture Load
    -Vehicle Missions

Overall Score- 9.8
  17. Apr 16, 2014
    So funny! The fist play through is pure pleasure. But by the second, third and DLC, I was saturated. Coop was sometimes awesome, but insanely powerful loot turned coop into a walk. Because of the crazy loot, many parts have real badasses to fight that are impossible to solo, but a piece of piss in a group. It was nearly fantastic, but then came over leveling, where you can get matched upSo funny! The fist play through is pure pleasure. But by the second, third and DLC, I was saturated. Coop was sometimes awesome, but insanely powerful loot turned coop into a walk. Because of the crazy loot, many parts have real badasses to fight that are impossible to solo, but a piece of piss in a group. It was nearly fantastic, but then came over leveling, where you can get matched up with people 8+ lvls stronger than you, but you cant tell because lvls stop being numeric at 72. I don;t see the point in wandering around a make believe world where your buddies make the enemy evaporate, while you collect stuff. If only the difficulty balancing was done right. Expand
  18. Apr 13, 2014
    Amazing game! wonderful gameplay, amazing story, hilarious humor! What more can you ask for a game? It's funny, good, amazing, wonderful! (Especially in Co-Op!)

If i could i would rate this game:

87 Gazzilion / 10!
  19. Apr 6, 2014
    Absolutely crazy, funny , whack and most of all fun. This game is all about loot, bossing and having a good time, with the endless amount of easter eggs, references and pop culture. It's a game both fun solo and with friends, though recommended playing with friends as it does enhance the experience (except when it comes to splitting loot). The classes are all fun and unique and each haveAbsolutely crazy, funny , whack and most of all fun. This game is all about loot, bossing and having a good time, with the endless amount of easter eggs, references and pop culture. It's a game both fun solo and with friends, though recommended playing with friends as it does enhance the experience (except when it comes to splitting loot). The classes are all fun and unique and each have their unique style of play. I really have few gripes about this game, one being that legendaries all of a set mob to farm. However, you are going to have a good time nonetheless 10/10. Expand
  20. Apr 6, 2014
    I wanted this games ever since it was announced , I played about 80 hours of the first game and i liked it alot . I got the bl2 goty edition on steam and over a weekend I put in 60 hours , the most obvious thing they changed is that it actually has a story , with enjoyable characters and funny dialogue . I would never say any game is perfect and never will I give a perfect score , but II wanted this games ever since it was announced , I played about 80 hours of the first game and i liked it alot . I got the bl2 goty edition on steam and over a weekend I put in 60 hours , the most obvious thing they changed is that it actually has a story , with enjoyable characters and funny dialogue . I would never say any game is perfect and never will I give a perfect score , but I loved this game , so if you liked the first game , go ahead Expand
  21. Mar 31, 2014
    Buy this game if you have friends who will play it with you online.
    This is one of the best online gaming experiences out there.

For single player it gets old pretty quickly although you'll have plenty of hours to enjoy it as well.
  22. Mar 26, 2014
    Hilariously dark characters, flawless gameplay, interesting story lines, great DLC, what's not to LOVE about this game. I enjoyed it so much I bought the Xbox 360 version AND the PC version. I have played through it at least a dozen times thus far and see no end in sight. It is fantastic. 10 out of 10. Best game ever made with the exception of Super Mario Bros. It is so good I canHilariously dark characters, flawless gameplay, interesting story lines, great DLC, what's not to LOVE about this game. I enjoyed it so much I bought the Xbox 360 version AND the PC version. I have played through it at least a dozen times thus far and see no end in sight. It is fantastic. 10 out of 10. Best game ever made with the exception of Super Mario Bros. It is so good I can actually forgive Gearbox for the abomination that is Aliens: Colonial Marines. Expand
  23. Mar 26, 2014
    This game is really fun. Seriously, its not terrible unbalanced like the first game, where you will level up too fast and enemy's will likely present no threat at all.

You can unlock better weapons by loot, or by using rare keys, which will give you great and unique weapons or shields. You can also unlock achievements which instead of giving you XP like in the first game, will give you the chance to give your character a really tiny boost in health, shield, ammo, damage etc. (Forever)

It offers more variety of enemy's, and the game fells more "alive". The characters are interesting and the humor is good (Not like a "HAHAHAHAHAHA" type of humor but it will make you laugh sometimes.)

The storyline is better (Well, now there is ACTUALLY a story line)

Oh, I forgot, the ending doesn't suck like in the first one.
  24. Mar 20, 2014
    Simply awesome. This game is the best game I've played in ages, when you reach max level, you have so many things to do, it never ends. NPCs are hilarious, easter eggs are awesome. It's perfect.
  25. Mar 19, 2014
    all my god this is great and you may be thinking this may be boring and plain well no there is hole new story then just opening a vault but i shall not spoil it for you and like first one there are four vault hunters that are zero maya aston and salvador that are smilier then the ones in the first ones and there are two dlc characters you can get and there are bazzilons bazzionsall my god this is great and you may be thinking this may be boring and plain well no there is hole new story then just opening a vault but i shall not spoil it for you and like first one there are four vault hunters that are zero maya aston and salvador that are smilier then the ones in the first ones and there are two dlc characters you can get and there are bazzilons bazzions 20000000000 more bizzilon guns to find and collect and like the first one the gun manufactures are malliwain torque dahl tediore and valdalf and also there are different elements that are corrosion fire electricity slag that does more damage if you don't now what that means and explosions and more variety of enemies that you will have to use different strategies to defeat like a older your going to use corrosion to do more damage to loaders and more i won't spoil to use and jack is one of the most funny villains i have ever seenveichal controls are amazing now and there where some funny npcs in the first game but this one has much more like the always extremely hot mad moxxi and always funny scooter his big big breasted sister ellie and the crazy tiny tina and the skill tress but there are 2 problems with it one there is annoying when we can't make a full customised vault hunter well sure there are lots of skins but still and i now not every game needs this but borderlands 2 needs it and second one there can be lag a lot well except for pc Expand
  26. Mar 12, 2014
    I had so much fun playing this game alone and even more with friends, but felt it was just Borderlands 1.5. This game really brought fun to the table as soon as you pop it into your disc tray or launch it from Steam. It makes you laugh, yell, and smile at your monitor while playing this game. Although it was a blast to beat, and perfect, it didn't really bring a whole lot of new content toI had so much fun playing this game alone and even more with friends, but felt it was just Borderlands 1.5. This game really brought fun to the table as soon as you pop it into your disc tray or launch it from Steam. It makes you laugh, yell, and smile at your monitor while playing this game. Although it was a blast to beat, and perfect, it didn't really bring a whole lot of new content to the franchise. This is to be expected of every game of course, but at times it felt like an expansion to the original Borderlands, doing the same types of missions from the first. This game really was amazing though with more weapons, vehicles, characters, and a new story following the first game. I recommend this to play with buddies on the weekends. I have put 59 hours on just the base game, but still haven't picked up the DLC, and am glad to put more into it. Get this game and have fun. Expand
  27. Mar 12, 2014
    I just love this game. Yes, it gets repetitive. Yes, its sometimes hard.
    But, I CANT STOP LOVING THIS GAME.
    It looks awesome, its fun, buy game of the year if you like Loot'N'Shoot's
  28. Mar 9, 2014
    I finally decided to give this a chance because I was really curious about the humor. Figured I'd be in for a lot of action and fun. Well... if killing the same random enemies on dumb fetch quests over and over, getting relatively worthless loot and thus hearing one joke per hour is your kind of fun, maybe this game is for you.
    The respawn mechanics are simply ridiculous. Enemies spawning
    The respawn mechanics are simply ridiculous. Enemies spawning during boss battles - alright. I'm not a fan of it when it happens so much but still. But then having to fight ALL enemies yet again after finishing a boss and backtracking (because why put a fast travel point maybe after a boss battle when you can stretch the game out by having the player go through the same **** multiple times) is unacceptable.
    And the loot system reeks of Torchlight. Within just a couple of hours of playing, you'll probably simply stop picking up white gear because it's useless anyway. There is so much useless loot that it's more of a chore checking it out rather than being excited about what one might get.
    Also, the controls don't really feel all that great. And It seems to me that the cel-shaded graphics make it more difficult to aim when you aim down the sights.
    It feels like a bit like a bad combination of COD and Torchlight to me. I don't understand why on earth people enjoy it that much.
  29. Mar 5, 2014
    I tried really hard with this game.

It looks wonderful and its very flashy, but its just not very interesting. I played a good 10+ hours and didn't really enjoy any of it. The best word I could find to describe this game is "bland". You will do the same thing over, and over, and over... in the same locations over and over and over (they look just the same). Also, the voice acting CAN
    I tried really hard with this game.

It looks wonderful and its very flashy, but its just not very interesting.

I played a good 10+ hours and didn't really enjoy any of it. The best word I could find to describe this game is "bland". You will do the same thing over, and over, and over... in the same locations over and over and over (they look just the same). Also, the voice acting CAN become incredibly irritating and juvenile.

It's a shame. Because the look of the game was really interesting. I could only recommend this to people that play nothing but bland console games and don't know any better, or teenage kids who might find the subject matter amusing.
  30. Feb 28, 2014
    With out a doubt, Borderlands 2 is one of my favourite games, with nearly 40 hours of game time I think I may have some credentials. I'll start of by rebutting the arguments of people giving this game a poor score.
    This game may get repetitive but that's the beauty of it, the second this game becomes slightly boring you can change your skill tree, change your character or simply change your gun type.
    People say is a spray type of game, well whats not fun about that?
    The graphics are nothing that's going to blow your mind but they do the trick and have never seemed dull or boring.
    The humour of the game still makes me laugh even in my third play through.
    However I never played the first instalment of Borderlands and they game may just be a slight improvement but hey, for me the game when i first launched it felt entirely new!
  31. Feb 25, 2014
    I'm 40 hours into the game but I got bored and ditched it (almost finished it). It's a very good game when compared to the rest of the FPS junk out there. I've finished the original Borderlands twice and this one not even once - both games have a substantially long long play time but the first one, even with the paper thin story was very captivating and had a nice feel of mystery to it.I'm 40 hours into the game but I got bored and ditched it (almost finished it). It's a very good game when compared to the rest of the FPS junk out there. I've finished the original Borderlands twice and this one not even once - both games have a substantially long long play time but the first one, even with the paper thin story was very captivating and had a nice feel of mystery to it. Most great things from the original game are here too, bigger and better. What's the problem then? Well, the few things that are NOT bigger and better, in fact they are abysmall. Humor is almost completely lost, main antagonist is seldom funny and he tries too damn hard, complete with real-life references aimed at mom's basement reddit dwelling teenagers - it definitely kills the mystery. Jokes feel like something that came out of **** constantly poking fun at its own bad writing. The only part of the game that was really immersive and a proper "Borderlands feel" to it was the Caustic Caverns and I think Borderlands fans will agree here, it is the hardest and most fantastic part of the game, it has stunning level design, spectacular monsters and captivating story behind it - the whole place was truly creepy complete with Borderlands' trademark black humor. After that level though, everything else was "meh". What made me quit the game though was the new item system where you get a purple (epic) gun with super short range but a super uber snipe scope - original Borderlands had its "funny weapons", yes, but in amounts of good taste. In this one though, MOST of the stuff is randomly geneated junk and you have an OCEAN of purple/orange items to compare in hopes of finding an ideal gun - this becomes a tedious and boring task. In first BL, ANY orange gun was probably better than what you currently had, in this one though you will have plenty of orange/yellow guns that are completely useless. As you progress in the game this will happen more often. You will end up using a purple weapon 10 levels behind you because all you can find is total junk even aften killing a major boss 5 times. With the "gun skill" attribute removed I was happy thinking now I can use any gun but I just can't FIND any gun that's even remotely usable. With that said I rage quitted the game after I finally found an orange Vladoff minigun but it had some ridiculously extreme attributes that conflicted with each other e.g. over the top precision that you don't need in the first place and too high fire rate but as compensation for those "awesome stats" it had massive recoil effectively making it unusable. Expand
  32. Feb 24, 2014
    I got hooked from the very beginning, and just enjoyed it as a great fresh change from my other games. Good sense of humor, and cool boss fights made it even better.

The gameplay is a little linear, but in a smart way, so it does not bother that much. Respawning enemies made it a little worse, and annoying, but I guess it is just me, and no game would be perfect for everyone. Boss

Boss fights might be slightly stressful, and I personally was tired of it, but still after all it rewards with a good feeling of achievement. Besides after getting through the first map, more gun selection awaits, so next boss fights would be less stressful.

Perfectly balanced difficulty makes it a really exciting experience. The bad side of that would be no time to relax. Respawning enemies, boss fights, traps, and constant need to improve, and progress does not leave any room to take a breath, and enjoy the "safe room" time.

But still I have this feeling that I want to go back to it, so why not to leave 9/10? Also there is a multiplayer, for a plus.
  33. Feb 20, 2014
    In borderlands 2 you are a vault hunter who nearly dies but you are saved by a Siren named angel who wants you to help her to destroy the vault key and free her. It`s a co-op game and heavily loot driven. I suggest you play with at least one player.
    The game is awesome because you can acquire a lot of different weapons. I thinks you should hack the game because it’s easier to get better weapons and fight better enemies.
    If you are going to play solo you definitely should hack because the game gets so difficult sometimes playing alone.
  34. Feb 9, 2014
    The replay factor is crazy: I"ve got characters of all classes and still haven't got tired of the game even playing single player most of the time. The variety of missions and DLC makes the game live much longer. Story is cool, great voice acting, beautiful graphics, precise controls and and a serious pack of fun.
  35. Feb 9, 2014
    Having not played the original, Borderlands 2 offers a gameplay structure that is entirely new to me. This game is a great showcase of how to integrate FPS and RPG elements together. Most of the FPS elements you could want are here: lots of enemies, weapons, locations, voice overs and a strong overall presentation. The RPG elements are also great: you gain experience and levels, findHaving not played the original, Borderlands 2 offers a gameplay structure that is entirely new to me. This game is a great showcase of how to integrate FPS and RPG elements together. Most of the FPS elements you could want are here: lots of enemies, weapons, locations, voice overs and a strong overall presentation. The RPG elements are also great: you gain experience and levels, find items and you can complete quests in large open worlds in the order that you like. Enemies also respawn so you can gain experience by farming in the same area. You can also find money and loot to spend at gun and ammo machines, a mechanic that very much reminds me of Bioshock. Aside from the successful integration of two genres, the game's presentation is excellent. The colour style is great and the whole cartoonly look really creates a vibrant world full of attitude. The voice acting is strong with a rich dialogue and a great sense of humour. The game's characters also have great personality, although I found Claptrap to be rather annoying and a weaker version of Wheatly from Portal 2. What makes the gameplay experience even better is that you can play the campaign cooperatively with friends and work together to complete quests. Expand
  36. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over allBorderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  37. Jan 26, 2014
    A truley amazing game!

Very fun, lots of things to do, and the graphics are great! Borderlands gives you a feeling that you are on a sweet planet with a great storyline (makes me laugh a lot). Nice FPS system with leveling, and many options for gear and builds! Great game and I highly recommend to anyone! I didn't give it a 10 though, only because the DLC is expensive and there
    A truley amazing game!

Very fun, lots of things to do, and the graphics are great!

Great game and I highly recommend to anyone!

I didn't give it a 10 though, only because the DLC is expensive and there is too much of it.
  38. Jan 24, 2014
    A damn good game. Funny as hell and challenging.
    I'm normally not a 1st person shooter kinda' guy but I gave it a go and 60 hours and two characters (Zero and Krieg), later, I'm sold.
    I only have some minor quibbles with the game: 1. I wish you could have a 1st person/3rd person option much like Skyrim. 2. The missions are LONG! You feel like hopping in to do something quick, good
    A damn good game. Funny as hell and challenging.
    I only have some minor quibbles with the game:
    1. I wish you could have a 1st person/3rd person option much like Skyrim.
    2. The missions are LONG! You feel like hopping in to do something quick, good luck!
    3. There should be more "evenness" with weapon and gear distribution.
    4. Chat in groups is HORRIBLE! Unless you click on Y to either type yourself or see what someone else typed, you have no idea if a teammate is giving a direction or saying anything because chat doesn't pop up when someone types. You see it of course, but your teammates don't unless they check for messages.
    Other than that, the game is fun as hell!!
  39. Jan 22, 2014
    Expansive storytelling and a fair amount of sandbox running around are delights that make this FPS really truly great. Finding replayability a little boring? Explore. Explore. Explore. My hope is that borderlands has established a foothold in GURPS-esque (for those who don't know look up GURPS) gameplay and may push this to be a larger MMORPG in the coming iterations. Kudos for continued success!
  40. Jan 13, 2014
    One of my all-time favorite games. Very enjoyable characters and the dialogue is very well near spot-on perfect! Gameplay keeps you coming back hours on end with loads of unique guns and endless hours of farming! The story was well thought out and was miles better than the original Borderlands. However, if you are looking for a drastic change from the original, then you may be underwhelmedOne of my all-time favorite games. Very enjoyable characters and the dialogue is very well near spot-on perfect! Gameplay keeps you coming back hours on end with loads of unique guns and endless hours of farming! The story was well thought out and was miles better than the original Borderlands. However, if you are looking for a drastic change from the original, then you may be underwhelmed with the same type of gameplay. Though I personally don't mind the lack of difference in this game, as it truly is a game worth playing. Expand
  41. Jan 2, 2014
    The game play itself is good enough, but I have two complaints that I believe prevent the game from scoring a ten from me.

The first being, the cartoon-like graphics spoil it for me. Personally, I find it difficult to find certain things and after half an hour I get eye strain. If the graphics were like that of a classic 2012 shooter, then I could raise the score to eight. Now I know

Now I know this second point will sound stupid, but this is very significant to me. Your robot companion throughout the game, claptrap, is so immensely annoying that if this were a real life situation, I would have committed suicide after the numerous futile attempts to destroy that annoying little c*nt.

Apart from those two factors, the NPCs and weapons are responsive and I enjoy playing with them.
  42. Dec 30, 2013
    I simply do not understand the rave reviews for this game. Sure, it’s open world and can play coop, but the shooting itself isn’t great. The enemy variety is not great and the story is not very absorbing either. Pretty much, the first person shooting rpg aspect is far from what Far Cry 3 developed while the fun shooting mechanics and environment is far from what Bulletstorm developed. YouI simply do not understand the rave reviews for this game. Sure, it’s open world and can play coop, but the shooting itself isn’t great. The enemy variety is not great and the story is not very absorbing either. Pretty much, the first person shooting rpg aspect is far from what Far Cry 3 developed while the fun shooting mechanics and environment is far from what Bulletstorm developed. You end up with a poor mixture of both with repeated mission types, the need to grind (which I don’t find fun), uninteresting enemies and very bland shooting, especially compared to the type of first person shooting found in a game like Bulletstorm. The one thing this game has over others is co-op, but the kind of chaos it creates makes any of the writing and story obsolete.
    If you want an FPS with heavy RPG, try Fallout 3
    If you want an FPS with crude humour, vibrant colours and fun diverse shooting and weapons, try Bulletstorm
    If you want an FPS with CO-OP, try Left 4 Dead
    If you want a boring combination of all this, then you have Borderlands 2
  43. Dec 27, 2013
    Great Game. In-jokes with cultural references a plenty as well as humorous writing draw you into the story and keep you wanting to play more. Comic book graphics are done well and gameplay makes sense. You can enjoy this game for its dialogue, its loot hunting/collecting (similar to Diablo 2) or its well-done dlc (even holidays get their own stories and in-game analogies). Co-op matchingGreat Game. In-jokes with cultural references a plenty as well as humorous writing draw you into the story and keep you wanting to play more. Comic book graphics are done well and gameplay makes sense. You can enjoy this game for its dialogue, its loot hunting/collecting (similar to Diablo 2) or its well-done dlc (even holidays get their own stories and in-game analogies). Co-op matching seems to be difficult to use and clunky (if you don't have friends to play with), but the single player game is so immersive you don't really care. Once you complete the story and discover the third party save-editor, the game goes downhill quickly, but I played for over 100 hours before I reached that point, and I still enjoy hearing the stories again. Expand
  44. Dec 26, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a really good game that could have been great.
    There are a few things that drags it down in my opinion.
    1. The shooter mechanics are intentionally unprecise. Large bullet spread combined with huge sway, absence of proper sights on many (most un-scoped) weapons combined with many fast and agile enemies can make the game frustrating. 2. The weapons are just too random in
    Borderlands 2 is a really good game that could have been great.
    There are a few things that drags it down in my opinion.
    2. The weapons are just too random in their abilities/function. Sure, there are thousands, but 95% of them sucks big time. The chance of you finding just what you want is microscopic, and then finding an upgrade... good luck. I would have preferred a modular system, like Dead Space 3.
    3. You sometimes have to fight through certain areas multiple times.
    4. Many enemies are massive bullet sponges.
    5. WASD keys aren't usable as navigation in the menus (might seem nitpicky, but come on, really? It just screams bad port).

All in all, B2 is a good game that could have been a 10 with some changes. The story is pretty good and well told, and Handsome Jack (the badguy) is hilarious.
    The Mechromancer is fun to play, even if I've struggled with finding a build I'm completely satisfied with.
  45. Dec 25, 2013
    Bought this game while i was deployed as a way to play with friends and family. It is amazing! From the graphics, hilarious voices, awesome weapons, the script. It's all amazing. The difficulty scales with how many you have in your party. I love the dev team who continue to put on content for this amazing game!!
  46. Dec 15, 2013
    It is a simple game. The mere fact that things reappear in each new game takes away a lot of excitement to the game. The RPG elements are very poorly included, have virtually no relevance or projection within the game. It is an ordinary shooter I think.

Aesthetically it is an attractive game. But neither has characters too intriguing to excite. Perhaps the most interesting are psychopaths, but are irrelevant.
  47. Dec 8, 2013
    i played this game 4-5 months. i love everything in this game. weapons, enemies, caracters, story. and more important the references are awesome. YOU CAN SLAP THE JEFFREY MAN anyway if you call you GAMER you MUST play this game.
  48. Dec 4, 2013
    Not sure why this game gets so much buzz and hype it makes me realize just how much people must like mindless FPS shooters (but then, I already knew this long ago, from the popularity of games like Unreal Tournament)

The fact of the matter is that this game has some great production quality (graphics, sound, etc)... but it's lacking where the game really counts: FUN factor, and a sense of accomplishment.

The graphics are a nice twist, and go with the whimsical, dark-carnivalesque post apocalyptic theme. The vibrant colors and intricate props can get a little cluttered and overkill at times, making it hard to really focus on anything (or to see enemies)... but that's a minor annoyance, and it's still a nice feel.

The audio is excellent, with some very fine voice talent work and great delivery of lines and jokes. The humor and "feel" of the game is what pushes it up to a 5.

However, there are major flaws which make this game just... not as fun as it should be:

They call this an FPS/RPG. It's really not. I would call a game like Fallout 3 an RPG with a slight hint of FPS (not done very well); Borderlands is an FPS with a slight hint of RPG (not done very well).

And it's a no-brainer run-and-gun, at that. That's my biggest problem with it. There's not really any sense of tactics or strategy involved. It's simply "get the most powerful gun you can, have good aim, make sure your ammo is stocked, and blast away... run around a little bit to find other cover... get in a vehicle and then you are basically invincible... etc.

The feel of it is almost identical to Dead Island another hack-and-slash, run-and-gun smashfest, but at least in that you are dealing with zombies so it makes sense. The idea of an "open world" with characters to talk to, but not really any puzzles to solve, just quests the characters give you to "go to a destination" and then "kill X" or "retrieve Y." However, I found the level design and variety in Dead Island much better-done than Borderlands 2.

The level design, tactics, and resource management are what have made games like Half-Life so great. Borderlands 2 is seriously lacking in this department. You will essentially never run out of weapons or ammo everywhere you look, there are piles of goods lying around. This makes it fairly easy to avoid dying (especially when you throw in the last-ditch effort you can give after being downed), and even if you do die, there's not much of a problem, as you respawn somewhere you recently passed no real penalty or problem.

I haven't played in co-op mode, which I assume plays something like Dead Island (but worse)

In short, what does it tell you that I am spending my time writing this review right now instead of playing the game?? (At least I was smart enough to wait for it to go on sale, and got it for $10. At that price, I don't feel bad... it's given me some enjoyment, it's just getting tedious and repetitive after a few short hours, which was never the case with games like Half-Life 2 or Fallout 3...)
  49. Dec 3, 2013
    Really nice game, large choice of weapons, beautiful graphics, interesting characters, large world to explore, interesting quests, interesting vehicle mini game, add a nice touch of humor and you have a near perfect game, only gave it 9 because i never give 10,I'm a firm believer that there is always room for improvement.
  50. Nov 30, 2013
    I got borderlands 1 and 2 for £17 and I have to say I'm really impressed the game can last you about over 100 hours more if you buy the DLC or play on harder difficulty the story is really interesting and it's coming from the developer who got left with the utter fail Aliens: colonial marines it is an excellent recovery
  51. Nov 26, 2013
    Everything you find now will be useless in 15 minutes completely killing your desire for you, the "treasure hunter". to pick up the "treasure". Fail safe check in the form of "save your life" to check if you've been slaving away at picking up the soon to be useless loot. Don't bother with that one gold in the locker, in 15 minutes, lockers will have 10 times as much gold in them. Only oneEverything you find now will be useless in 15 minutes completely killing your desire for you, the "treasure hunter". to pick up the "treasure". Fail safe check in the form of "save your life" to check if you've been slaving away at picking up the soon to be useless loot. Don't bother with that one gold in the locker, in 15 minutes, lockers will have 10 times as much gold in them. Only one real active skill and the rest are passive useless skills that barely do anything when compared to how quickly your new item damage scales. Put your one point in your active skill and feel free to ignore the rest of your skill tree. The game also requires no skill required. Add that all together and you have a perfect little hamster wheel. How long will you keep running inside the hamster wheel is all up to you. Expand
  52. Nov 25, 2013
    After playing the Borderlands I was eagerly awaiting for the sequel to come out. Once it did, my expectations for it were correct. It's a great game with an amusing storyline. It doesen't take itself very seriously and it works in its favour. The only problem I had with it was that there weren't enough different "wacky" weapons (most of them were simmiliar).
  53. Nov 19, 2013
    Overall the game is very entertaining, for the first little bit at least. Once you get closer to the end of the game it starts to feel like you have been doing the same thing for the last however many hours, and it starts to get a a bit boring. The graphics and gameplay have been improved since BL1, but it still feels much like the first one, with just a bit more stuff to find, and a lotOverall the game is very entertaining, for the first little bit at least. Once you get closer to the end of the game it starts to feel like you have been doing the same thing for the last however many hours, and it starts to get a a bit boring. The graphics and gameplay have been improved since BL1, but it still feels much like the first one, with just a bit more stuff to find, and a lot more guns. The story is well done as it was last time, and the controls work well and are crisp. Expand
  54. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (1/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (1/2)

Visuals/Story (2/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (0/2)

Wildcard (-1)

55. Nov 17, 2013
    Such a fantastic game, because of: really fun and satisfying gun play, constant excitement for finding new and better loot and silly humour, which compliments the cell-shaded graphics style perfectly. This style of graphics looks surprisingly nice and texture quality is pretty good. However, another huge advantage that this game has over many in it's genre, is a fantastic PC port part, asSuch a fantastic game, because of: really fun and satisfying gun play, constant excitement for finding new and better loot and silly humour, which compliments the cell-shaded graphics style perfectly. This style of graphics looks surprisingly nice and texture quality is pretty good. However, another huge advantage that this game has over many in it's genre, is a fantastic PC port part, as the fps and general performance are constantly good, and for me at least, there are little to no game crashes or bugs. You do experience the occasional bug, but it is nothing immersion-breaking, or worrying. however, the UI is functional at best and was clearly designed with a console in mind, so it is sometimes a bit awkward to switch or compare weapons.

On to the few negatives this game has, one of which is not the game's fault. The jump-in co-op is a fantastic feature of this game, but I highly recommend only doing this with friends, as random matchmaking tends to put you with someone who is not necessarily inclined to share loot with you. While money and ammo is shared throughout your group, those really great guns that you can find only belong to the person that picks them up, so this can be a problem, albeit not the game's fault. Another bad thing about this game is only based from what I have heard. I have many friends who have played both the original Borderlands and it's sequel, and every single one has suggested that it is effectively the same game, with better variety of guns, better graphics, and more improved features. However, I can't comment on this, as I have never played the original myself.
    Overall, a thoroughly satisfying and fun experience, where you can lose a couple of hours without even knowing it. Thorough recommendationf or me, especially at the cheap price of £6.79 I got it in this year's Steam summer sale.
  56. Nov 10, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is the best kind of sequel one that takes what the original does well and improves what it does poorly, in this case the story. The antagonist of Borderlands 2 Handsome Jack has got to be one of the most memorable game characters out there not just beacuse of his cruel acts but for the humor surrounding him.

Theres lots of fun to be had in Borderlands 2 while i mainly

Theres lots of fun to be had in Borderlands 2 while i mainly played through it in single player and really enjoyed it i had an even better time playing it in co-op with friends. What does take away from the experience for me is that the NPCs in the game while funny and unique dont actually move around nor do they join you on missions, theres also very few of them which is a shame. I also disliked that at times the game felt more than a little grindy which took away from an otherwise great experience.
  57. Nov 7, 2013
    One of the most enjoyable games I have ever had the opportunity to play. Unrivalled story,content, characters and gameplay wrapped up in edgy, cel shaded graphics that makes it infinitely cool.
  58. Nov 7, 2013
    It's quite simple. any game that can give you 100+ hours of game play value WITHOUT any multi-player component is nothing short but a great accomplishment. Great graphics, great characters and addictive gameplay. Too bad that the missions tend to repeat themselves and the quest are quite simple.
    The co-op is also great and offers a great experience with friends if you want to take on the biggest bosses.
  59. Nov 7, 2013
    I love the original borderlands. This sequel is a failure.

First off, guns on B2 look too cartoony as compared to B1. It's so bizarre in designs that you'd think it's an alien gun, unlike in B1 where it's more or less recognizable and familiar. Claptrap and General Knoxx were funny in B1, now in B2 you get this really annoying bad guy named Jack that tells you tasteless jokes,. not
    I love the original borderlands. This sequel is a failure.

Claptrap and General Knoxx were funny in B1, now in B2 you get this really annoying bad guy named Jack that tells you tasteless jokes,. not funny but plain irritating. On top of that they added some things that I felt to be completely out of line, like the first recorder and it's story(google it). It just sets the tone for a really depressing game. I can only play through it once, as it is that depressing and tasteless. It seemed the sense of humor of the devs got sucked out by some aliens or something.

Also one of my biggest gripes is the huge downgrade of backpack capacity. You can tell from the excuse that Gearbox posted that the writer was trying really hard to come up with a reasonable response to the small backpack. They really screwed the pooch there.

They would have had more success and revenue if they followed the B1 formula or just release B1 DLCs.
  60. Nov 3, 2013
    Best. Game. Ever.

The game simply work, sassy jokes and characters, good humor, amazing stories and sub stories. This game will never make you regret the purchase done!
  61. Nov 2, 2013
    The game boast a lot of guns and an memorable villain, both of which are true. However I find it hard to imagine that many people invest themselves into the game after 1 play-through (unless they do co-op). On PC there are several bugs: invisible walls, disappearing bullets, vending machine glitches, enemy's freeze up, enemies shot at nothing, enemies fly off the map.

The initial

The initial play-through (normal) is relatively balanced but challenging. There are a good deal of missions and a lot of location. After completing the game you unlock true-vault hunter mode (play+) which isn't about enemies using tactics requiring strategy, but a race between you and them to become ridiculously overpowered. They move faster than you can turn, leap 2 stories, run backwards at full speed without hitting anything. The health bar is the same for every enemy, but not all level 50s are made the same. One has to grind through basic enemies that have 10x your health, so you'll need to unload mass amounts of bullets even into low level enemies. Loot drops greatly impact how you spec your character as well as how you play. While I don't mind some amount of farming, you have to farm a lot which involves having to reload from your saves over and over for hours to unlock one item then move onto the other (that's if the item is farmable or you've farmed enough to be able to farm a better item). Spending 20 hours to find one gun and hope it's the right level and variation isn't a lot of fun. There isn't any change of pace. Aside from killing enemies, there almost nothing to do (challenges would be the exception but most of those involve killing enemies).

The dialogue is good though the overall story isn't that impressive. The skill trees have several options, but each character only has 1 special skill and all of the options are passive. Characters can have different clothes or heads but that's it for customization; mostly color swaps.

If you are into looting guns and firing guns until your fingers go numb, this game is for you. If replaying the same scenarios over and over isn't your thing, then I would avoid this game.
  62. Oct 30, 2013
    Borderlands 2 kept me busy for over 100 hours so far and I am still playing it extremely much. I love the graphic style, the humor and the shoot'n'loot mechanics, but this game frustrates me really often.
    If I start a mission that should be suitable for my level (same or lower minimum level) I die dozens of times because the enemies are still too strong for me. This results in me farming lower levelled enemies and quests until I am at least five levels higher than the minimum.
    But, yeah, aside from that, Borderlands 2 is an excellent game.
  63. Oct 29, 2013
    One of the best shooters of the decade! The game itself looks dazzling, and gameplay is engaging and can keep you entertained for tens or hundreds of hours. With hundreds of guns and side-quests, it's hard to turn the game off until you complete every mission, get the best guns to find, and slay the deadliest foes.

Great characters keep you entertained with one of the most important

Great characters keep you entertained with one of the most important factors of the game humour. Cheesy yet hilarious jokes and references will keep you grinning through the game. Despite this, the emotion is amazing, with heartbreaking losses and betrayal. Co-op is also an important factor, as completing missions with friends is always an entertaining experience. Replayability is near infinite with open world action and upgrades plus new game modes to challenge you.

The map is big with some locations that would cause you to want to plunge into. DLC with upgrades, missions and maps will continue to keep you glued to the game. Achievements are plentiful to keep achievement hunters happy. Overall, this game is massive. With infinite replayability and hours of fun, and dubstep, Borderlands 2 is an experience you must jump into.
  64. Oct 17, 2013
    Bigger and better than the original game in every possible imaginable way. Not only that but this game has some of the best dialogue and greatest characters ever to appear in a game. Pretty much a must have experience. Now.. I'm off to save up for a pony made of diamonds.
  65. Oct 15, 2013
    Decent gameplay, but a single active skill is a bit of a waste of a skill-tree system, which means that the characters aren't all that different from each other (can limit replay value). Also, the game is somewhat obsessed with squeezing you for money. The season pass includes neither the game itself, nor even all of the DLC.
  66. Oct 12, 2013
    This is by far the best co-op game I've played to date. The level progression is a grind at first but gets powerful later on. Both the theme and story were greatly improved from the first borderlands. Taking on a comedy theme has put color on the harsh world of pandora in a way that make it shine. Of all I can tell you the only thing i need to say is if you have friends to play with andThis is by far the best co-op game I've played to date. The level progression is a grind at first but gets powerful later on. Both the theme and story were greatly improved from the first borderlands. Taking on a comedy theme has put color on the harsh world of pandora in a way that make it shine. Of all I can tell you the only thing i need to say is if you have friends to play with and you love co-op games I recommend this game to you.

If you are still reading you're probably wondering why I gave this game a bad score. Well it is because I highly disagree with how Metacritic bases there reviews. Instead of taking the collective scoring of all their reviews, they take the reviews that were voted most helpful. For example: a game gets the reviews, one 1/10 and six 10/10. If the one 1/10 get lets say four positive votes and the six 10/10 get none, the end score will be 2/10 for the game. I do highly recommend this game I just hope people read before finding a review helpful.

If you agree with me please up-vote this review, and may I wish you a wonderful day.
  67. Oct 8, 2013
    Okey look, i didn't like the first game. It was way to repetitive and just boring. Slow intro and for me it was a bad experience. Even COOP, was boring. But i gave B2 a chance, to justify if I really hated Borderlands as much as i hated the first game. Now..Borderlands 2 also starts with a incredible boring intro, not as bad as the first but it was still bad. After you've gotten like 2/3Okey look, i didn't like the first game. It was way to repetitive and just boring. Slow intro and for me it was a bad experience. Even COOP, was boring. But i gave B2 a chance, to justify if I really hated Borderlands as much as i hated the first game. Now..Borderlands 2 also starts with a incredible boring intro, not as bad as the first but it was still bad. After you've gotten like 2/3 of the games story it starts to get interesting, but its never an engaging ride. I don't feel a connection to any of the characters at all. But then again i shouldn't take the game seriously. The humor is ok, its not hilarious. (Just smiles)
    The gameplay isn't that fun to play, takes the average FPS shooter gameplay add some boring enemy's and there you have Borderlands 2 main structure.

The Good:
    - Lead cast has a great voice actors
    - Great music
    - They keep the same visual design

The Bad:
    - The minor cast has a pretty bad voice act..
    - They have a LOT of Low-Res textures
    - Boring enemy
    - Not engaging
    - The ending
    - Its boring to play coop.

I know a lot of people might disagree, but this is my honest opinion. And i didn't have any fun with the game just as the last game.
  68. Oct 7, 2013
    I consider that this game has a lot to offer. yes some say it's the first borderlands ,version 2.0 but playing the 1st borderlands, i don't feel that way. it's hell of a lot fun even if you play alone, but in co-op everything gets better the story gets much deeper and it has more replay-ability value consider adding this to your game collection
  69. Oct 2, 2013
    I love this game! I am a huge fan of B1 and in B2 i get exactly what i was expecting. It is a must have for all B1 fans. Awesome graphics and perfect gunplay!
  70. Sep 28, 2013
    Big. Brilliant, Funny. Visually Beautiful. Borderlands 2 is near perfect.

The level design is inspired. The story is great, and the voice work is great. You have to listen to the various things the bandits say when you are fighting them. They often die with a funny one-liner. It's a run and gun with LOTS of guns, much like the first Borderlands, only MORE polished and with deeper
    Big. Brilliant, Funny. Visually Beautiful. Borderlands 2 is near perfect.

It's a run and gun with LOTS of guns, much like the first Borderlands, only MORE polished and with deeper levels of writing. I can't see where the dreary "I'm so serious" 4 and 5 review scores are coming from. We are talking about VIDEO games. This one has a fine balance between instant fun and long term 'purpose'.

There are a few minor mechanics that could be improved. The player character could certainly benefit from a jet pack or another way to get around faster! Bigger levels and easier access to the structures through a climbing mechanic would be nice. Otherwise great work Gearbox.

I like it so much I just went and bought ALL the DLC at full price, to be sure the developers get a taste of my money! They deserve it for making one of the most entertaining and lighthearted gun romps out there tight now.

Orctowngrot
  71. Sep 27, 2013
    The game is one of my favorite shooter.A very godd prosecution for Borderlands 1. Not to easy and not to hard and the Multiplayer is one of the bests.
  72. Sep 18, 2013
    The same great style of Borderlands, good voice acting, good characters, etc. I actually played this one all the way through unlike the original. Unfortunately that's not enough to unlock all the skill trees and apparently they expect multiple replays. Mulitplayer jumping in and out of games is pretty seamless and well done. There are exploits to let you hold on to your premium chestThe same great style of Borderlands, good voice acting, good characters, etc. I actually played this one all the way through unlike the original. Unfortunately that's not enough to unlock all the skill trees and apparently they expect multiple replays. Mulitplayer jumping in and out of games is pretty seamless and well done. There are exploits to let you hold on to your premium chest keys and wikis with all the codes if you're in to gear hoarding. Expand
  73. sft
    Sep 16, 2013
    I ain’t gonna bite, pro’ly 2

I ain’t gonna bite, pro’ly 2

Almost everything I loved about the original Borderlands is here in BL2. I say almost because the only thing that’s missing is some of the charm and humour of the original. But BL2 is still a great game, and it improves on the original in one area the variety of enemies. Again the visuals and sound design are impressive. There are plenty of maps to explore as you complete the numerous missions. The combat is well-balanced and challenging without being frustrating. And there are, as advertised, “bazillions” of weapons (too many, in my opinion it’s gets a bit tedious deciding what to keep and what to sell or dump). And it’s a great multiplayer game too, especially with friends. I guess it’s hard to match what was an excellent game first time around, but Gearbox have just about managed it despite not being quite as memorable as the first.
  74. Sep 14, 2013
    I like this game because it's beautiful (graphics and all) to the point and has lots of shooting to do. The story is also likeable. It has a non-linear setting and it's a no-nonsense game. No disappointments.
  75. Sep 13, 2013
    played B1 and it was nice, but the trailes and previews of B2 really didnt look to good for me, so i decided 1st not to buy it. But a freind of mine did and keep telling me how great it is so i decided to give it a shot and boy i am glad i did. i played that game over 400+ hours for now, and its the most brilliant and fun game which was ever released imho, i cant wait till they releaseplayed B1 and it was nice, but the trailes and previews of B2 really didnt look to good for me, so i decided 1st not to buy it. But a freind of mine did and keep telling me how great it is so i decided to give it a shot and boy i am glad i did. i played that game over 400+ hours for now, and its the most brilliant and fun game which was ever released imho, i cant wait till they release Borderland 3 tbh, i am curious how it continues. Expand
  76. Sep 8, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a good game that fails to reach its full potential due to design choices that limit the enjoyment of single-player gamers. The game is great, even for single-players, until the plot has ended, and the extras begin. Then, the game becomes unplayable unless you join a multiplayer group, because the post-game enemies can't be defeated alone, and require group mates. ThisBorderlands 2 is a good game that fails to reach its full potential due to design choices that limit the enjoyment of single-player gamers. The game is great, even for single-players, until the plot has ended, and the extras begin. Then, the game becomes unplayable unless you join a multiplayer group, because the post-game enemies can't be defeated alone, and require group mates. This means that many players will be left out in the cold, and the money they spent on all the DLC will be wasted. An ok game, but should have been complete for both single and multi-players. Otherwise, it should just advertise itself as multiplayer, and not try to fool single player gamers into buying it. Expand
  77. Sep 6, 2013
    Pretty standard FPS fare that demands to be played co-op, the solo experience tends to be a little monotonous; go here, kill this, repeat. Has some neat customization and funny dialogue but often feels as though it's fishing for memes.
  78. Sep 3, 2013
    I enjoyed the first game, it was unique, but it lacked any real direction, and got very redundant. Borderlands 2 vastly improves upon the first game by having a very immersive and well acted storyline that really brings the characters to life and immerses the players in the games world. The action is more fast based and explosive than the first game, and the loot options seem moreI enjoyed the first game, it was unique, but it lacked any real direction, and got very redundant. Borderlands 2 vastly improves upon the first game by having a very immersive and well acted storyline that really brings the characters to life and immerses the players in the games world. The action is more fast based and explosive than the first game, and the loot options seem more practical and refined.

Overall, this game is amazing. Probably the best game of its genre in years. They must have done something right, because I cant wait for new DLC to be release so I can play the game more. Bring on part 3!!!
  79. Aug 28, 2013
    I loved the original Borderlands for so many good reasons: it was a innovative for a fps, with actually good mechanics of an RPG without losing the fps touch at all. Add also a lot of exploration, a lot of black humour, gore, blood and whatever gets in your mind, no wonder Borderlands was a great game (not a master piece: it had some flaws and it was repetitive at a certain point). WhenI loved the original Borderlands for so many good reasons: it was a innovative for a fps, with actually good mechanics of an RPG without losing the fps touch at all. Add also a lot of exploration, a lot of black humour, gore, blood and whatever gets in your mind, no wonder Borderlands was a great game (not a master piece: it had some flaws and it was repetitive at a certain point). When this game was announced I was very curious and I couldn't wait to get it. In the end, I had to wait for a discount instead...but there are good things in the game anyway: the mechanics are almost the same, if not THE same as the previous, but with some good tweaks in controls, weapons (some have unique ways to shoot just like the previous game), classes and so forth. The new things are not a lot really: we got some more customzation, we have a bank and the possibility to store items for your alts, we got some better controls now and much more fluid (than the previous). Also the inventory is much better designed (ALWAYS than the previous game) and some better shooting (it's much more handy and less stiff). But there's not really much else to add really, because it's almost the same game.

Except it's plagued with DLC.

BUT WAIT, before anything else I want to say that I don't dislike the dlcs: I had all of them in the original Borderlands and it was fine. But here it's different, because the game was plagued from DLC literally from day 1 with an embaressing release of dlc in a very short time (first came out 21 september, the season pass, then 9 october, then 16 october, then 20 november and so on, until now). But again, as I said, Im not saying I'm against them...but I feel ripped off to the bones like this, because while they aren't relevant for the game, they tried to take away as much as they could from day one, and give it us back as DLC (and each dlc is 10 bucks by the way, so it's not cheap either). Sure, also the original game had dlc but they came out with good distance between them and I could play the game before trying the extra content. In here, it was so fast, I could barely keep up even when there was a discount and I at least wanted the 2 extra classes, which was 20 for both and 25 for the game when discounted. In other words, I felt ripped off from their greed and from a "humble yet innovative" game as Borderlands now we get a "hungry for money" game that whenever they can, they'll serve us another dlc for another 10 bucks. The dlc, in other words, may discourage you for the big amount of them, and I feel sad to see this game becoming a greedy franchise. Still a very good game and fresh to its core, but just too greedy to feel satisfied.
  80. Aug 26, 2013
    This game comes off as a more finished version of Borderlands. About 10 hours in, the visuals are nicer, the combat is fun (same), and there seems to be more NPC talking. The killer for me was the decision to replace the Borderlands protagonists with... mutant-twin-copypasta, lame across the board versions of the Borderlands protagonists. It's my fault for not pre-ordering the game, butThis game comes off as a more finished version of Borderlands. About 10 hours in, the visuals are nicer, the combat is fun (same), and there seems to be more NPC talking. The killer for me was the decision to replace the Borderlands protagonists with... mutant-twin-copypasta, lame across the board versions of the Borderlands protagonists. It's my fault for not pre-ordering the game, but I'm now facing the prospect of waiting until mid-October and shelling out another $10 to play as a character that doesn't seem to be eerily familiar (reasonable or not, I almost instantly feel hostile toward developers who do this). During the DLC of Borderlands I started to feel like I was getting tired of exploring Pandora, and though I was excited going in my enthusiasm for Borderlands 2 is quickly waning. Too much focus was put on trying to make the story "better," and the game as a whole suffered. I played Borderlands when I wanted to mindlessly drive around, kill things, and collect guns. I would have honestly been happier with the same playable characters and new adventures. Expand
  81. Aug 25, 2013
    Excellent game, the brilliantly wide variety of guns, gadgets and missions keeps you coming back for more and more, and the boss fights get more and more epic. A truly special game I was happy to complete.....

Only for it to get even better in multiplayer!

A really great game.
  82. Aug 24, 2013
    I'm sure this review will get bombarded with downvotes by blind fanboys, but the truth must be told.

Being a huge fan of Borderlands 1, i couldn't wait to try out BL2. A few hours into the game, however, I realized this wasn't the sequel I was hoping for. In fact, it is much, much worse than i could have anticipated. I'll start off with the good: The graphics are upgraded and the locations are more varied and stylized than BL1. The story is better and the characters are more likeable. Weapon variety is increased and there are even more weird bonuses to keep your weapons interesting. And that's about where the good ends. Everything else in BL2 is a downgrade from BL1.

Yes the story is good, but it tries to be emotional but the nature of this game doesn't support it. There is so much childish humor and stupid jokes that I can't take what's happening seriously at all. They totally wasted the effort of the story writers by making this game so childish. Normally I can take a joke or two, but every other minute you're bombarded with toilet humor that it just ends up getting annoying and it's a shame. Enemy AI has been seriously screwed with. Enemies move around so erratically that it makes landing shots on them more of a chore than an enjoyment. There are also enemy spawns everywhere and Gearbox made absolutely no effort whatsoever to hide them. See a black abyss? That's a spawn, you better watch your back! This game was released in 2012, there is absolutely NO excuse for this crap. I can't even count how many times a suicide enemy spawned right next to me and cost me a death. Speaking of deaths, they come so cheaply, especially in singleplayer, that you'll often feel cheated. You'll rarely have a "good" weapon, and if you do, it's by pure luck. So you'll either have to waste tons and tons of ammo on enemies, or spend hours farming bosses.

The game is also clearly designed only for Coop. The difficulty for someone going solo is so immense, it's ridiculous. You'll have to spend hours upon hours farming good weapons to advance in the story on the harder difficulties. I can't remember any point in BL1 where i felt the need to actually farm a boss for a good weapon because i had nothing that could take out enemies that were the same level as me. Grindlands 2 would more a more proper name for this title.

PC optimization is terrible. I have a mid-range PC and it struggles to keep the framerate above 10. I viewed forums and this is a common theme I've found. The ingame UI (which is supposedly made for PCs) is insanely glitchy and frustrating to use. There are tons of bugs and glitches present, I've been caught in the ground, fallen through terrain, etc, so many times i can't even count. The sad part is that this has happened right along the quest route for main missions. There has been little to no effort put into ironing out these bugs. There's more flaws I'd love to mention, but I'm running out of room in this review.

I've read all these positive reviews by critics and users and I find it surprising that so few people are able to realize the flaws in this game. People should be ashamed of themselves for rating this crap above a 5/10. It's reasons like this that this industry is lacking initiative and individuality. If people keep praising broken garbage like Borderlands 2, we'll keep receiving the same recycled crap year after year. In closing, if you're interested in this game, get Borderlands 1 instead. If you already own Borderlands 1, stick with it and forget about this "game."
  83. Aug 24, 2013
    This game delivers.
    It's got good music, funny dialogues, quests and claptrap. It even got me into buying a helmet to customize the looks of my Assasin.
    I got a solid 70 hours of gameplay and there's still plenty to discover and complete if I want to.
  84. Aug 21, 2013
    The best game i ever missed.
    I saw it on steam, was bored after a week full of customer meetings and gave it a try.
    The best game i ever missed.
    As RPG and Shooter fan, also as old Shadowrun lover i was totally sucked in by the great atmospehere in the game. The flow, they style, the music and the game pacing and mechanics. All works together in a great symbiosis. Would have been my top choice as game of the year for 2012 if i wouldnt have missed it.
    Now after so many game-letdowns i finally found a great game where i didnt expected it.
    BUY BUY BUY. have fun. germany out.
  85. Aug 17, 2013
    Absolutely amazing! I've invested 190 hours as of now, and not one of them was dull. Borderlands 2 is better in every aspect than the first, excluding two things. The only things keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the removal of weapon proficiencies and the gun manufacturers S&S munitions, and Atlas. Other than that, this game is nothing short of a masterpiece. With it's chaotic,Absolutely amazing! I've invested 190 hours as of now, and not one of them was dull. Borderlands 2 is better in every aspect than the first, excluding two things. The only things keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the removal of weapon proficiencies and the gun manufacturers S&S munitions, and Atlas. Other than that, this game is nothing short of a masterpiece. With it's chaotic, fast-paced firefights, it's awesome co-op multiplayer, and great leveling system, I can't put a price on this game that I wouldn't be willing to pay. Expand
  86. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is just plain fun. Playing the first Borderlands and being extremely let down by the storyline, I was really hesitant to pick up this and play it, but glad I did.

I am very satisfied how the developers tried to keep some combat elements familiar to Borderlands 1, but expanded and improved on them as well. Some sequels (Mass Effect series comes to mind) are notorious for completely redoing the combat system and physically changing the feel of the game, but not so with BL2.

The storyline was extremely satisfying and tied up many loose ends from the first game, and was somehow both dark and humorous at the same time. The side quests were not mindless milk runs, and I genuinely enjoyed completing them for the interaction with the NPC's in the game.

The enemies gave enough variety and difficulty to keep combat interesting the entire game, and the add-on packs even more so.

I think one of the best features is that this game is fun both as a single player campaign or as multiplayer. The dynamics are very different for both playstyles, but both are equally fun.

One negative I will point out with this game is how the graphics engine is coded and all of the glitches and bugs it produces. Similar to Crysis, it does require significant horsepower to run, and it is not because the graphics are "just so phenomenal". Its because the rendering software was not optimized properly. During some parts of the game, I found myself in the heat of combat only to receive the lag spike of death and losing all progress since my last save.

Overall, extremely happy with this game.
  87. AWG
    Aug 13, 2013
    Never played the first one but I was intrigued by the critical acclaim Borderlands 2 received so I tried it up.
    My opinion is that it's a good game, but it's not a masterpiece. Graphics are awesome and some missions are really well designed but the overall story is not that intriguing and the neverending blabbering by Clap Trap is annoying as hell.
  88. Aug 12, 2013
    If i had imagined game like Diablo but in genre of FPS it would have been Borderlands 2! Great loot system, great weapons/items variability. intelligence of AI is best for me so far i've never play any shooter with such crafty enemies. Actually this is rare case when i spend all the weekend playing the game.
  89. Aug 8, 2013
    Well done Gearbox. Except for a bit of stutter in the menus the PC port is great. It's basically Borderlands all over again, but nothing wrong with that: excesses of run and gun with an insane amount (of mostly crappy) loot to sort through. Dozens of time wasting 'challenges' and 'unlockables'. Numerous tough set pieces that kill you and make you try again. Bundled with an accessible,Well done Gearbox. Except for a bit of stutter in the menus the PC port is great. It's basically Borderlands all over again, but nothing wrong with that: excesses of run and gun with an insane amount (of mostly crappy) loot to sort through. Dozens of time wasting 'challenges' and 'unlockables'. Numerous tough set pieces that kill you and make you try again. Bundled with an accessible, enjoyable multiplayer. In short this game is a near-perfect (mindless) shooter. The humour is amusing, the gunplay is fun (and tough at times). Character skill trees do the job. And if you can snap up the season pass on sale, this game is BIG, giving gamers plenty of time to waste if they so desire. Nothing at all to complain about here. However since I find the game personally a little empty, long-winded and (dare I say it) boring, it scores 9/10 from the orctowngrot. Expand
  90. Aug 6, 2013
    I can't even start to describe the amounts of laughs, fun and action this game packs.
    A true gem that combines RPG and FPS so well, by using inginious characters spiced qith superb sarcasm and beautiful graphics.
    I can't stopped playing it, and it already have 4 DLCs, and a level cap increase!!
  91. Aug 5, 2013
    I pre-ordered this game because my friends had hyped up how cool it was going to be, lesson learned never listen to uninformed consumers opinions. First of this game has great PC options custom FOV, runs well, supports good resolutions......I just don't find the game fun, 8hrs in and I still have where is the fun moments dropped at 8hrs in and never picked it back up.
  92. Aug 1, 2013
    Its a slight improvement to the original game. There's nothing particularly mind blowing about either title. Its cheap fun, with graphics and artwork that remind me of comic books.
  93. Jul 31, 2013
    Borderlands 2 does not change the gameplay in any significant way, but it does fix every single flaw that was present in the original, where Borderlands 1's greatest weaknesses became Borderland 2's greatest strength. This sequels has more colorful environments, an engaging story, an entertaining cast of characters and much greater enemy variety which draw you into the experience just asBorderlands 2 does not change the gameplay in any significant way, but it does fix every single flaw that was present in the original, where Borderlands 1's greatest weaknesses became Borderland 2's greatest strength. This sequels has more colorful environments, an engaging story, an entertaining cast of characters and much greater enemy variety which draw you into the experience just as much as the core gameplay mechanics do making this feel like a whole package. Expand
  94. Jul 30, 2013
    Gearbox has made another spectacular game that is great to play with friends or alone. With the almost never ending DLC that always add to the challenge to this game. With all games it has its bugs, but with updates they can be fixed. It just takes some time. I love playing this game with friends with finding all the humor, bugs, and Easter eggs. So i would love to rate this game a full 10/10!
  95. Jul 30, 2013
    really love it!!! best game ever. got over the 900 hour playtime. and im still enjoying the game. the mix of action and humor makes this game perfect!! im looking forward to the next dlc's.
  96. Jul 29, 2013
    The first 10 hours were pretty cool, the graphics were special and new for me, the wide palette of guns seemed to be great, falling from any height without die was interesting and the chance to get back to life with one single kill is awesome. In nutshell I enjoyed the game a lot in the begining and I thought: I'll buy some more DLC for it.

But after few entertaining hours it's became

But after few entertaining hours it's became boring and annoying.

The AI sometimes was so stupid that NPCs does not even attacked me (therefore boss fights were easier than dealing with some simple soldier). Also the game loves to spawn enemies behind your back which is really annoying. (AI couldn't fire under a particular angle so if you are under them you won't be hurt.) The collective AI is "hyper sensitive" so if you shoot one soldier each of them will attack you in no time in a particular radius. (Combine this with spawning behind your back).

I loved that "invisible walls" are rare but after few missions I've realised that this is just a mark of lazy level design. There are lot of unfinished part of the game and sometimes I've to jump 3-4 time in order to get forward.

The missions became boring and repetitive which means you have to do the same each time.

About the huge number of guns: It's impossible to get a perfect gun that perform well in every aspects. There will be always something wrong. Seriously!

I've tried to force myself to finish at least the main story but i couldn't. This game is not hard but some annoying feature ruins the whole feeling. Pleasure was relevant only in the early hours. (After that period "rage quit" became a more common event.)
  97. Jul 29, 2013
    I'm kinda late to the party but I have to say I liked this game alot. It had alot of flair and over the top violence and humor that made the first one a good game but they did alot to make it a bit more accessible for the single-player. The story is alright. It would really help if you've played the first one to know what's going on as they don't give you a great chance at figuring thingsI'm kinda late to the party but I have to say I liked this game alot. It had alot of flair and over the top violence and humor that made the first one a good game but they did alot to make it a bit more accessible for the single-player. The story is alright. It would really help if you've played the first one to know what's going on as they don't give you a great chance at figuring things out but it's not necessary to play the game. This game is easily one of the funniest games I've ever played. Some of the jokes are just so superb that I found myself having to pause for a minute cause of laughter. The gameplay is fun and there's a ton of stuff to do, especially if you buy the DLC for the game. The biggest issue I had is still the fact that the game sometimes asks to much of the player. I feel like some of the quests you do can take almost an hour and the reward is most often lackluster. I personally only picked up guns from a few places throughout the game as I found myself not even doing most of the side missions cause the rewards were fairly bad. Plus the story gets really serious toward the end, which kills the vibe the game had going for it the rest of the time. This story was meant for humor, as were the characters. But the end of the game is just one buzz kill after another. It's definitely what you expect to happen but they went about it in the worst way possible. The game is best played with 4 people but can be played with one. While I wouldn't have voted it for any GotY awards last year, it's still a great game to play, no matter the big problems it faces. With the prospect of more DLC incoming, you could potentially play this game for quite a long time going forward. Expand
  98. Jul 28, 2013
    This is a great FPS with a funny storyline that had me dodging bullets and giggling the entire time. Great and constant DLC support will keep you shooting for a long time.
  99. Jul 27, 2013
    As someone who played the first one for nearly 100 hours. I can proudly say I have thoroughly enjoyed the second one racking up over a 100 so far and still playing.

This game improves the weaknesses of the first game and reinforces its strengths. Its graphics and physics are improved, but they still maintain the cartoon-y/ comic book-y style. There is a lot more variation in the amount of guns you can come across and a lot of interesting styles of guns. The story is more in depth, although not amazing, but most people don't play Borderlands for the story, they play it for the amazingly addictive game play, which they improved even more. What I really like in Borderlands 2 is there is a bigger variety of characters you can play as, some who are slow paced ranges units, and then the faced paced, up close, Have loads of fun while you get your ass kicked, but at the same time kick ass" style characters.

Overall: If you enjoy blind violence, astronomically huge environments, psychotic characters, and dark humor, this is the game for you.
  100. Jul 26, 2013
    Giving this title anything less than a 10 would be unthinkable. It is so incredibly rich in its design that you can feel the intelligence of the developers bleeding through everywhere. This game marks a new era in first person shooters. I've put over 200 hours into the game so far and it always manages to feel new every time I sit down to play it. I have to make myself stop playingGiving this title anything less than a 10 would be unthinkable. It is so incredibly rich in its design that you can feel the intelligence of the developers bleeding through everywhere. This game marks a new era in first person shooters. I've put over 200 hours into the game so far and it always manages to feel new every time I sit down to play it. I have to make myself stop playing usually.

The greatly improved on the game dynamics and interface over the original Borderlands. It's perfectly polished for the PC this time. The graphics are great and the DLCs are actually good enough to merit buying them. The storyline in conjunction with the models and voice acting is insanely compelling. You all rock, keep it up!
  101. Sep 20, 2012
    I tried to love this game, I really did. Being a huge fan of Borderlands 1 when it first released, I had no choice but to purchase the sequel. I put about 12 -15 hours into the game so far...and I cannot help but feel bored. I feel like I've already done all of this before..three years ago. Yes the graphics are better and color schemes have vastly improved..but I cannot give this game anyI tried to love this game, I really did. Being a huge fan of Borderlands 1 when it first released, I had no choice but to purchase the sequel. I put about 12 -15 hours into the game so far...and I cannot help but feel bored. I feel like I've already done all of this before..three years ago. Yes the graphics are better and color schemes have vastly improved..but I cannot give this game any higher than a 2/5 at this point. I know many players right now are enjoying the hell out of this game. I truly envy all of them. Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.