8.6

1. Jan 28, 2015
    بازیش خیلی خیلی خیلی خوبه بازی با گیمپلی متنوع و لوکیشن های متنوع و محیط های جور باجور و گرافیکی دل نشین و داستانی جذاب به هم توصیه میکنم حتما بازیش کنید بازیش عالیست
  2. Jan 17, 2015
    Oh boy. Where can I start with this one.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a small Adventure game based on two brothers, who after losing their mother, must go on a quest to retrieve something to help their sick father. A usually simple premise. However, the gameplay is unique in that it's co-op... with yourself. You control both brothers; with a controller, the analogue sticks and
    Oh boy. Where can I start with this one.

However, the gameplay is unique in that it's co-op... with yourself. You control both brothers; with a controller, the analogue sticks and triggers are dedicated to each brother, while if playing via keyboard, the WASD keys control one and the arrow keys control the other. There is very much a sense of trying to pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time, using these controls. At first, while travelling the world is relatively easy, you may struggle but soon you get used to it.

The world itself is beautiful to wander around. It looks like an oil painting come to life, with many inhabitants and objects available to interact with in both humerus and very moving ways. They breathe a certain kind of life in this game that only few games actually achieve. The landscapes become more and more epic as you progress. One certain area (and how you manoeuvre this area) left my mouth agape for it's entirety. You'll know which one this is.

Although it starts out almost child-like, the themes become very dark, quite quickly. You'll stumble across some helpless individuals, which require assistance. The story-telling of these, even though the dialogue is not a known language, can be an emotional experience.

And emotions run very high in this game. I completed this in one 3 hour setting (recommended), and 3 days later, it is still sitting with me. Towards the end, you might even find it hard to continue due to it's emotionally draining circumstances.

Definitely one of the best Indie games I've played.
  3. Jan 3, 2015
    Wow. What an amazing experience. The premise that you control each brothers with a thumbstick is genius. It makes your connection to them (through gameplay) even larger. The story itself isn't really something we haven't seen before, but the presentation of the story is so engrossing with it's minimalistic approach. Quite frankly, a very unique and spectacular game. I also thought theWow. What an amazing experience. The premise that you control each brothers with a thumbstick is genius. It makes your connection to them (through gameplay) even larger. The story itself isn't really something we haven't seen before, but the presentation of the story is so engrossing with it's minimalistic approach. Quite frankly, a very unique and spectacular game. I also thought the lenght of the game was perfect, clocking in at about three hours. Expand
  4. Dec 30, 2014
    A journey that captures the heart and soul. It's difficult to put it into words but everything about this is just wonderful. The simplicity in everything is overwhelming and combining it with the graphics and story-- it's just magical. To some extent, this reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus--- maybe its because it tells so much without a single understandable word. As a fan of tragedy,A journey that captures the heart and soul. It's difficult to put it into words but everything about this is just wonderful. The simplicity in everything is overwhelming and combining it with the graphics and story-- it's just magical. To some extent, this reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus--- maybe its because it tells so much without a single understandable word. As a fan of tragedy, this game appeals to me, but as a human being who loves games, it just captures me. Undoubtedly one of the greatest games ever. Expand
  5. Sep 22, 2014
    Obrigado jogos indies sempre me surpreendendo, Melhor jogo de PC de 2013 e Melhor jogo INDIE de 2013...........................................................
  6. Sep 19, 2014
    This game is superb for what it is designed to be - an interactive adventure story. It is not too challenging, and not very long, but it is a beautiful piece of art and has a very unique feel. Very pleased with the experience overall.
  7. Sep 2, 2014
    A breath of fresh air in indie game dev and gaming overall. Interesting story and deep connection to the characters, through beautiful art style and simplicity of play. A must play game...
  8. Aug 24, 2014
    Very short (as expected) even if playing very slowly. It is a deep adventure full of feelings, it is a poem. I am not really familiar with the nordic culture, but it is a wonderful adventure worth to be played more than one time (achievements are also not easy to find, and no description will be given). Stunning scenery, wonderful graphics, and it looks amazing in 3D if you like 3D. 90/100
  9. Aug 9, 2014
    I just beat this game a couple of hours ago and man was it good! I see a lot of reviews that this game was too short but I thought it was just right. the story was excellent!! I feel like this game will resonate with me for a good while. excellent game!! 12/10
  10. Aug 7, 2014
    This is a truly Powerful Adventure Story Driven Game. It is a Masterpiece it deeply affected me Art Style is Gorgeous, The Narrative is Powerful, and the Gameplay is Unique. If you haven't played this your doing yourself an INJUSTICE I hope they make sequel to continue the Story I want more of this and I wish we had more games like this.
  11. Jul 29, 2014
    I played this game without knowing much about it. I bought it on a steam sale and didn't play it until month later, convinced it probably wasn't that special. I was wrong. At first it seemed to be exactly what I expected: a simple little puzzle game with an original mechanic/gimmick (controlling two characters at the same time). Nice graphics, fun little puzzles, but nothing extraordinary.I played this game without knowing much about it. I bought it on a steam sale and didn't play it until month later, convinced it probably wasn't that special. I was wrong. At first it seemed to be exactly what I expected: a simple little puzzle game with an original mechanic/gimmick (controlling two characters at the same time). Nice graphics, fun little puzzles, but nothing extraordinary. The longer I played the more it struck me how great the game looked though, with lots of different areas, from meadows to caves to the remains of war to frozen villages and beautiful lakes again. Also the puzzles kept varying constantly, so it never got repetitive. However, the best part about the game is the story. It starts with a very simple plot: save sick dad by traveling to some distant place to get a cure. Perfect little plot for a little game, I figured. For a long time it didn't seem to be any more than that, but the game has a big trick up it's sleeve and it's innocent appearance is part of it. Expand
  12. Jul 25, 2014
    Everything about this game is made to perfection, or at least close to perfection.
    The sounds are great, the aesthetics are great, the use of the control is amazing.
    The characters represent emotion perfectly.

have to say though, the gameplay is potentially boring.
  13. Jul 20, 2014
    Great visuals and a really well done story considering there's no speech involved in the game whatsoever. Although the graphics might lead you to believe this is a cute kids game there are some darker parts and the end is a little emotional. The controls can be a bit frustrating, but at the same time it was really fun to be both characters at once. Definitely worth a purchase if you get itGreat visuals and a really well done story considering there's no speech involved in the game whatsoever. Although the graphics might lead you to believe this is a cute kids game there are some darker parts and the end is a little emotional. The controls can be a bit frustrating, but at the same time it was really fun to be both characters at once. Definitely worth a purchase if you get it on sale, otherwise $15 seems a little steep. Expand
  14. Jul 17, 2014
    A superb indie game. It's a light puzzle game, and many of the puzzles are even optional - in discussions with friends, I've discovered that I fixed some problems that they did not. In fact, it's better to call it a "problem-fixing" adventure than a puzzle game, because this is a story about a journey of healing. It begins with the severe sickness of the father of the two protagonists, andA superb indie game. It's a light puzzle game, and many of the puzzles are even optional - in discussions with friends, I've discovered that I fixed some problems that they did not. In fact, it's better to call it a "problem-fixing" adventure than a puzzle game, because this is a story about a journey of healing. It begins with the severe sickness of the father of the two protagonists, and as they search for the rare medicinal plant that can cure him, they find more people in need of their help. It's a thing of beauty that works hard on your emotions, despite telling its story without the use of words. Expand
  15. Jul 9, 2014
    One of the most intensive Story i've ever played! This Game has an awesome atmosphere and is just awesome to play. i played it for a Let's Play and i almost did it in 1 Part. Atmosphere 10/10! Only Bad Point: its definitly too short. it took me around 3,5h to finish it. Possible to do it faster.
    If you like the Style of Fable, if u are open for a heavy breathtaking Story, THIS GAME is MUST-HAVE for you. For everyone else its still i very good Game!
  16. Jul 7, 2014
    Just finished it. It was an amazing journey. Loved the level design, puzzles but the overall heart of it. The art is beautiful, environments are beautiful. Controls can be awkward at time but playing with a controller might help.
  17. Jun 29, 2014
    Потрясающая игра, совсем не сложная, добрая сказка. Сыграйте, совершенно точно не пожалеете :)
  18. Jun 26, 2014
    My vote for Game Of The Year.
    This is more fun than Titanfall!
    *Innovative Game-Play That The Industry Needs
    **Nicely Done, Starbreeze!
    -Very Well Delivered Story With Unique Gameplay-
  19. Jun 25, 2014
    This is the second time I give a 10/10 review, the other one was for GTA V, and this game is the total opposite of it.

I played this in local coop mode, each one being one of the brothers. You get carried away by the story, the beautiful landscape, the hidden gems. They do not speak, or at least you can't understand, but you still get the emotion, laughing and crying along with them.

The puzzles are not that hard, and you'll finish the game in 3 hours, but for the price, it is worth it.

Conclusion : A must-have for everybody, just relax and listen to their story !
  20. Jun 25, 2014
    Amazing story, unique game play! Picked this up for $2.99 at the Steam Summer Sale, I feel like I ripped the studio off for not paying more. I would have gladly paid the $14.99 asking price. This game is a emotional roller coaster taking you through the journey of these two brothers. Pick this up!
  21. Jun 19, 2014
    One of the most moving games i have ever played. I became fully enthralled by the plight of the characters. Graphically beautiful, and, although only 3 hours long, fantastic story in my opinion.
  22. Jun 1, 2014
    One of the best single player games i have ever played in my life, the setting art style characters the music it really get's you inn, cried at the end to, such a good game, i prey they make another one a sequel.
  23. May 29, 2014
    Innovative game-play and controls scheme, beautiful environments and artistic style, touching story, interesting spatial puzzles ... quite short (less than 5 hours) but I still highly recommend it to everybody willing to try something non-standard and different.
  24. Apr 12, 2014
    A wonderful fairy tale with a strong ending. A journey well scripted. Love, determination, struggle of the brothers amazingly expressed. One of the best games of the year.
  25. Apr 6, 2014
    Fantastic Game. Deeply touching, interesting story with very good imagination! And it made me sad for the rest of the day after I have finished it, no game has ever done that to me before.
  26. Apr 5, 2014
    All I will say about this game is, play it on your own in one sitting (2-3 hours). Stick with it, let yourself become immersed in the world. Enjoy it and see it through to the end.

I feel sorry for the reviewers on here who did not grasp the significance of the ending. Most will, however, and (although I won't spoil anything) I will say that no game I have ever played in over 20 years has had such an emotional effect on me. You have to experience it for yourself to understand.
  27. gic
    Mar 26, 2014
    This interactive journey featuring touching story is an absolute piece of art that you would not want to miss. Breathtaking environment is backed up by a truly memorable music.
  28. Mar 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game show that games industry still alive, for now. This game is original, with new mechanic to play, new challenges, a enviroment amazing, the game has not words just expressions. Beatiful soundtrack, good physics and a good graphic (good job with Unreal Engine). In the begin I was thought that game was very single and to kids, but I was wrong the it was designed to people that think and like to do this. Finally , Thankyou StarBreeze for this great game. Amazing history. Expand
  29. Mar 17, 2014
    Last Played: March 2014
    PROS: + Everything, from character models to environments, is beautiful and the artistic direction is cohesive
    + Refreshingly, shows rather than tells a story CONS: - Start to finish beatable in less than three hours - Cranking elevators is so non-intuitive you may get stuck REVIEW: Got this game on Steam sale for $5 and for this price, it is a bargain. The
    Last Played: March 2014
    + Refreshingly, shows rather than tells a story
    CONS: - Start to finish beatable in less than three hours
    - Cranking elevators is so non-intuitive you may get stuck

REVIEW: Got this game on Steam sale for $5 and for this price, it is a bargain. The world looks and feels like a Grimm brothers’ fairy tale, where you skip from totally different backdrop to backdrop, though this is positive as well as negative. On the positive side the game’s artistic flavor never compromises the feel of ordinary characters in a supernatural and fantastic realm. Consistent with the Grimm story type however, is the “skipping” travel between areas where the protagonist has suddenly come to a completely different area with a completely different (and wholly unexplained) backstory. Whether you like this brand of storytelling or not is a personal preference, but I applaud the developers for having the guts to do what they wanted to do, exquisitely showing a rather simple story (there is not so much as a single written word or line of dialogue in the whole game, excepting menus and a control prompt or two).

On the complaints side, I do have to gripe that the game feels quite short, in fact having never played this game before most should be able to beat this in a single sitting if they choose. This raises some questions about value-for-money. Personally, I am of the opinion that if you can get this for less than the cost of a movie ticket where you live, you’ll get more entertainment out of this than whatever you could have seen there, but that’s just me. It certainly compares favorably with paying $60 for a trashy and forgettable 3-hour Call of Duty campaign, since you’ll actually remember what happened more than 10 minutes after you are done. No bugs to speak of, and controls are mostly fluid, but I do have one specific complaint: crank shafts in this game may be intuitive to some, but I tried every control scheme I could think of, and after five minutes stuck at the beginning of the game became convinced that I had a bug that was preventing me from moving on. Not so-when I looked up the supposed bug it turned out I just had to rotate the control sticks. However, a single counter-clockwise arrow could have saved me a few minutes of frustration and would have been trivially simple to include. Still, a fantastic experience, and I’d buy it again if I didn’t already own it.
  30. Mar 16, 2014
    Probably one of the most beautiful Indie games I've ever played. And I'm not solely talking about the graphics and the scenery, but also about the atmosphere and the lovable main characters. I haven't been as touched by a game in a long time, and man, did the ending leave me in a one big pile of emotions.

The game is short, but it's three hours well spent.
  31. Mar 6, 2014
    What a fantastic, heartbreaking and innovative little game with such a lovely story about two sons on their journey to find medicine for their dying father. Some scenes really let me sit in front of my tv with my eyes wide open. If you like games with new game mechanics and less action this is an absolutely must have.
  32. Mar 4, 2014
    Wow! I can't say how much I love this game. Every gamer has to experience this wonderful journey. The story is fantastic and so is the game-play. There is something very unique about this game which really touched me.
  33. Mar 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first time I am writing a review for a game and am doing so out of the feeling that it is necessary after playing such a wonderful game. While there is virtually no challenge, you connect with the characters in this story in an amazing way only to leave you with a myriad of emotions at the end.
    As far as the people leaving negative reviews for it not being long enough, it wasn't a sixty dollar game. I got the game for five dollars and have seen it cheaper. Well worth the money, I'd buy it again and pay more.
  34. Feb 23, 2014
    This game is one of my favorite. I must say that it's a bit short, but it's not a bad things considering that it would probably get too much to bear in one gaming session, and this is where it's gets you to not lose your focus off the game. With a beautifully designed environment and well mixed sounds/musics, this games is able to make the player feel every emotions felt by the characters.This game is one of my favorite. I must say that it's a bit short, but it's not a bad things considering that it would probably get too much to bear in one gaming session, and this is where it's gets you to not lose your focus off the game. With a beautifully designed environment and well mixed sounds/musics, this games is able to make the player feel every emotions felt by the characters. There is no actual language nor subtitles in the game, but the emotions can do all the job of words. I really recommend this game to people who wants a relaxing yet mature experience in the gaming world. Expand
  35. Feb 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Прекрасная небольшая (часа на 3-4), не сложная, не детская сказка о двух братьях без диалогов, зато с удивительно разнообразным, трогающим за душу миром и оригинальным управлением, которого вы ещё не встречали (требуется джойстик). Графика выглядит устаревшей (Unreal engine), но панорамный вид спасает дело; музыка выше всяческих похвал.

Похожие игры (Ico, Journey) выходили раньше только на приставках. На этот раз производитель подумал и о нас, горячо рекомендую.
  36. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. The gameplay is groundbreaking, fluid and challenging at the same time. The puzzles are somewhat simple but fun to solve, and the storyline manages to be simply beautiful.

Touching, inspiring & innovator, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is one of the best games I've played so far.

(About 4 hours gameplay + 1 hour cutscene films & about U$10-15)
  37. Feb 18, 2014
    This game is fantastic. Touching story and you never want to stop playing. You want to do all you can to make sure the brothers complete their goal. Great setting and game play. One of the best games I have played in a while.
  38. Feb 17, 2014
    This game is one of the greatest i have played in my life, even tho i give 10 only because i have played it via using x-box pad, otherwise i would give 9/10, anyways graphics, story and game play is so great i'm still amazed.
  39. Feb 17, 2014
    It is difficult to put what I think of this game into words. The obvious could be viewed by anyone with a collection of screen-shots. That is, the game looked completely amazing, completely beautiful from beginning to end. To the point where this game could get off completely on it's presentation alone. The game is set in a fantasy world, complete with underground cities giant castles, warIt is difficult to put what I think of this game into words. The obvious could be viewed by anyone with a collection of screen-shots. That is, the game looked completely amazing, completely beautiful from beginning to end. To the point where this game could get off completely on it's presentation alone. The game is set in a fantasy world, complete with underground cities giant castles, war torn battlefields, and frozen wastelands.
    But the true majesty of this setting is enhanced by the fact that you don't play as an epic hero. You play as a couple kids who are way way over their head. This makes everything feel much more threatening and magical then it would otherwise.
    The story is excellent, and told almost entirely through game play, with only a handful of cut scenes throughout the entire game. There is no dialogue because it is unnecessary. The story is simple, and in this case that is a good thing. It is trying to convey emotions and ideas, instead of complex political messages. So it only uses what is necessary to do that.
    What keeps this game from getting a 10 is 1 simple things. The first being that the PC controls without a controller are very poor. One brother controls with WASD and space bar. Which works perfectly. the problem is that the other brother controls with the arrow keys and the left CTRL. This gets to a point of actually being physically painful. Just hover your right hand over those keys and see.
    I imagine I could give it a perfect score if I played it with a controller, but unfortunately that isn't the case.
    I suppose the length of only 2-3 hours was another deciding factor in it. But really it wasn't that big of a deal, just that for most games I wouldn't think that I had spent enough time playing it to judge it, and with this I am already done.
    But the 2-3 hours spent in this game are pure and necessary. There is nothing that wastes your time and nothing that doesn't do what it is supposed to.
    It's the difference between grinding for 100 hours in world of warcraft and spending a few hours experiencing something truly special.
    If movie tickets are worth 17 dollars this is definitely worth 15. and you will leave this feeling something.
  40. Feb 15, 2014
    absolutlley amazing. my game of the year. great graphics,graet gameplay and decent storyline make this one a total winner for the best game of the year
  41. Feb 13, 2014
    Best Game Of 2013. Nevermind that, this is the best game of all time. Forget Half Life 2, forget Bioshock or forget GTA V. This game knows how to play with your emotions. Never once a game made me to wish if we could change a part of the game. Never once a piece of Media ever made me drop manly tears from my eyes. This game could do it. This is more than a game. This is a piece of art.
  42. Feb 11, 2014
    It's a game that relies on you operating with both hands to move both brothers. It is otherwise a rather linear game that is meant to tell a story while you perform puzzles. The puzzles can be frustrating at times, but they aren't that difficult to deal with and beating the game will only take you about five hours. I would not suggest this game to anyone who focuses only on gameplay andIt's a game that relies on you operating with both hands to move both brothers. It is otherwise a rather linear game that is meant to tell a story while you perform puzzles. The puzzles can be frustrating at times, but they aren't that difficult to deal with and beating the game will only take you about five hours. I would not suggest this game to anyone who focuses only on gameplay and always skips cutscenes, but it is a great game to unwind on for a relaxing time. It uses stunning art and an engrossing story to draw the player in, and it was a great time overall. It does lack in replayability however. It relies more on the overall story and the experience than actual gameplay, so while being fun, it has the replayability of a book. I beat the game twice for fun, but I probably won't play it for another year when I feel like picking it up in a year. Collapse
  43. Feb 5, 2014
    Hands down one of the best examples of storytelling in videogames. This game helps move the industry forward as form of entertainment. This game has you connect with the characters though it's superb soundtrack it's bittersweet visuals and it's unique way of being played and I don't think there are any games of this caliber that has me connect with the characters in a physical sense. If IHands down one of the best examples of storytelling in videogames. This game helps move the industry forward as form of entertainment. This game has you connect with the characters though it's superb soundtrack it's bittersweet visuals and it's unique way of being played and I don't think there are any games of this caliber that has me connect with the characters in a physical sense. If I ever had any gripes with the game they were soon forgotten unlike the story and mood which I will always remember. Expand
  44. Feb 5, 2014
    A breath taking game. Even though there is no language you still can be connected with the story more than ever. Worst thing about the game is that it is short.
  45. Jan 27, 2014
    Easily a 10/10, the game was just superb. Even though there is no understandable langue in the game the story that is told is amazing. The game is beautiful, the gameplay is original and the puzzles are different. The game is a must buy and was definitely my favorite game of 2013.
  46. Jan 23, 2014
    This is one of the most amazing games I've ever played. At first, I thought it was like Journey, and it feels like it. But with a twist. To control 2 characters at the same time, with puzzles that require your motion awareness, sense of direction and at the same time your sight to see the little things in a gorgeous world. Sometimes the game felt a little bit easy, but that's because itThis is one of the most amazing games I've ever played. At first, I thought it was like Journey, and it feels like it. But with a twist. To control 2 characters at the same time, with puzzles that require your motion awareness, sense of direction and at the same time your sight to see the little things in a gorgeous world. Sometimes the game felt a little bit easy, but that's because it holds you into a "never-talk" story, tiny details and comprehension that this journey to save your father is a journey to save this world too. It's not because it's short or "indie" that I should give less than 10. This game feels like a classic. And it made me cry. Expand
  47. Jan 20, 2014
    OMG!!!! We (my two granddaughters and I) just got finished playing this game and I have been crying for the past 20 minutes!!! I had to write to a review about this. It is one of the best, if not THE best games, I have ever played!!! I don't even know where to begin. It was heartbreaking, beautiful, suspenseful, challenging, and uplifting all rolled into one. My grandkids (ages 6 andOMG!!!! We (my two granddaughters and I) just got finished playing this game and I have been crying for the past 20 minutes!!! I had to write to a review about this. It is one of the best, if not THE best games, I have ever played!!! I don't even know where to begin. It was heartbreaking, beautiful, suspenseful, challenging, and uplifting all rolled into one. My grandkids (ages 6 and 9) were screaming out loud on some parts they were so scared but then when we made it through a challenge we were all screaming for joy!! We played from around 11 am through 8 pm and just could not stop playing until we had finished it!! One used a controller and the other was on keyboard (big sister/little sister just like the brothers). It was just a fantastic family experience!! We'll probably start a new game when they come back over again we had so much fun. Many kudos 505 Games!!! Expand
  48. Jan 18, 2014
    Great game. Gameplay-wise is a bit simplistic, but makes that up with the control-two-characters-at-a-time mechanic. Good setting and storyline. I'm also glad that it doesn't last more than necessary, just about 3 hours, which for this game it feels like the way it has to be.
  49. Jan 18, 2014
    Absolutely amazing game. Beautiful landscapes and graphics, touching story, great characterization.

One of the best games I have played for a few years.
  50. Jan 17, 2014
    One of the most moving and atmospherical games I ever played. The completely new game mechanics is another achievement which puts this game on a level above a lot of other games and lets it win a spot in my heart forever. Buy!
  51. Jan 17, 2014
    This game has heart! I enjoyed this game as much or more than any game in years. The visuals are excellent. At certain points I found myself just staring at how good looking this fantasy world was. The world scale is epic - beautiful art reminiscent of LOTR . The story is very good. I found myself engaged and caring for the characters. There are puzzle aspects to the story and someThis game has heart! I enjoyed this game as much or more than any game in years. The visuals are excellent. At certain points I found myself just staring at how good looking this fantasy world was. The world scale is epic - beautiful art reminiscent of LOTR . The story is very good. I found myself engaged and caring for the characters. There are puzzle aspects to the story and some mild platforming elements, but nothing that will probably stump or challenge you. Instead it's more like I enjoyed moving from puzzle to puzzle to see what imaginative world waits next.

I played with a keyboard (not gamepad) the entire game and it worked fine once I got the controls down. I have never given a 10 on a game and I considered it for this one, but I'll go with a 9. The only thing really holding me back from a 10 is that I felt the story kindof left me a bit confused at the end. I think I understood what the storyteller was going for around the story, but I felt a couple of events near the end just felt a little outside the chain of cause/effect. I think some may say you'll get to a part in the story near the end when you wonder "how did we get from there to here, and why did the unpredictable series of events drop us at our destination?" Anyhow, I'll be vague, but this element only slightly detracts from an otherwise wonderful game. Play this one when you get a chance.
  52. Jan 15, 2014
    Beautiful game. Rethinking of the controller and medium-skilled puzzles keep the game moving along at the pace the developer wants you to progress. Fun interactions with double joystick control, music, puzzles, and gripping storyline makes this my top 5 of 2013.
  53. Jan 14, 2014
    Simply amazing you have to try it. It's not even a game anymore it's a great experience, reminds me little bit of a Journey, but I think it's even better. I strongly recommend this game to anyone looking for a unique experience.
  54. Jan 14, 2014
    This is a technically excellent platformer with very clever, fluid and engaging gameplay. But that would make for a decent game. The reason why this game is a masterpiece is how powerful the story is and how the story works with the gameplay. Very quickly you start to feel like these characters are a literal part of you. The game's story moved me like none other, in any medium. A mustThis is a technically excellent platformer with very clever, fluid and engaging gameplay. But that would make for a decent game. The reason why this game is a masterpiece is how powerful the story is and how the story works with the gameplay. Very quickly you start to feel like these characters are a literal part of you. The game's story moved me like none other, in any medium. A must play. A game you will never forget. Expand
  55. Jan 14, 2014
    Знаю, что игра рассчитана на управление одним человеком, но мы с сыном проходили двоем, это конечно облегчало процесс игры, но как мы прониклись общим делом, постоянная взаимовыручка. Я думаю не будет спойлером сказать, что в конце игры мы были оба в слезах и сын еще долго философствовал на тему игры.Знаю, что игра рассчитана на управление одним человеком, но мы с сыном проходили двоем, это конечно облегчало процесс игры, но как мы прониклись общим делом, постоянная взаимовыручка. Я думаю не будет спойлером сказать, что в конце игры мы были оба в слезах и сын еще долго философствовал на тему игры.
  56. Jan 11, 2014
    So glad I brought this, aside from being a little sort this game is perfect. I have blonde hair and have an older brother with brown hair so immediately i felt connected to the brothers. Gameplay is very fun, essentially a single player co-op adventure taking the two brothers on an epic and memorable adventure . Story is brilliant as well, this and the Walking Dead Game are the only twoSo glad I brought this, aside from being a little sort this game is perfect. I have blonde hair and have an older brother with brown hair so immediately i felt connected to the brothers. Gameplay is very fun, essentially a single player co-op adventure taking the two brothers on an epic and memorable adventure . Story is brilliant as well, this and the Walking Dead Game are the only two games that have got me teary-eyed. Expand
  57. Jan 11, 2014
    Simply: You have to play this game. It's a masterpiece. So unique, so beautiful. The gameplay is so fun and new, you control two people at the same time, I have never played a game with this style of gameplay before. The story though is what makes it so beautiful. I can't stress enough how good this game was. No wonder it has such a high user score.
    Also you don't need controllers to play
    Also you don't need controllers to play it on PC, you just need to chance the right character controls to use something else other than Right-Ctrl. I played it on PC without a controller completely fine.
  58. Jan 10, 2014
    I registered on metacritic to write a review for this game. This is the best game I have ever played. I am stunned by the beauty of the game. The graphics are excellent, game-play is innovative and the story is exceptional. The only problem I had was with the camera angles. Nevertheless, a game that one has to play in his life.
  59. Jan 7, 2014
    Awesome game.. Great job developer.. I have played many games in my life from d past 15 yrs of my life, but never came across this fascinating & fantastic game.. One of d best game d legend has to offer which can be played by anybody; no age restriction at all.. Sleekingly amazing graphics. Worth buying & playing.. Worth every penny.. This is d first game where u get to control both dAwesome game.. Great job developer.. I have played many games in my life from d past 15 yrs of my life, but never came across this fascinating & fantastic game.. One of d best game d legend has to offer which can be played by anybody; no age restriction at all.. Sleekingly amazing graphics. Worth buying & playing.. Worth every penny.. This is d first game where u get to control both d brothers witch is actually quite difficult & proves quite a challenge.. I never reviewed any game so far.. But after playing this game I couldn't resist myself from giving this review.. I recommend & insist everyone should play this beautiful game.. The best adventurous game launched so far.. The game really connects the gamer to the storyline of the game..
    A unique experience of controlling both the brothers-A true gem..
    The game is a gem-worth playing..
    Beautiful game--gorgeous, eye-stunning graphics..
    A classic adventurous game..
  60. Jan 7, 2014
    Brothers may not be as cool, complex, thrilling and long as the Bioshock or the Arkham games (personal favourites of mine) but it is still a perfect game that everyone should at least try once in their lives. The reason I find it a perfect game is because unlike almost all games, there is no way to recreate this as a film and feel the same emotions. By controlling the two brothers at allBrothers may not be as cool, complex, thrilling and long as the Bioshock or the Arkham games (personal favourites of mine) but it is still a perfect game that everyone should at least try once in their lives. The reason I find it a perfect game is because unlike almost all games, there is no way to recreate this as a film and feel the same emotions. By controlling the two brothers at all times, the player is made more aware of his interaction with the characters and what happens on screen. It also forces the player to build new muscle memory which comes into play within the game’s narrative at the very end. That this game succeeds at merging this new gameplay mechanic with its narrative flawlessly is the reason I deem this game perfect. It attempts one thing, just one, but it perfects it. Definitely an example of quality over quantity, considering the very short length. I do not mind the short length though, since it makes it feasible to play the game in one sitting, giving the player a full arc with its controls, mirroring the character arc of the younger brother.
    The game also happens to be beautiful and smooth. Someone watching you play could easily believe this is an animated film. All the elements on the screen blend together perfectly and you truly feel you are commanding an epic yet personal journey as it unfolds before your eyes. There is no combat, only some simple puzzles, but the game does not want to overload the player with more difficulty due to the fact that growing comfortable with the controls is the main difficulty in this game. This gives the game a nice momentum and pace, never giving you a reason to set the controller down. Of all the games out there, I believe this is the one which truly shows the potential of this medium as an artform and that is the reason I would give this game a 10.
  61. Jan 5, 2014
    Artistic masterpiece. Some may not like the game being "easy"... but, it's an incredible ride. Most fun I've had in a videogame in a long time. I found myself seeking cliches and game mechanics of other games... and gladly I wasn't satiated. This is a very unique experience, and the art direction, atmosphere... all of it. Wow! I'd love to play a sequel. Also, the voice acting (although aArtistic masterpiece. Some may not like the game being "easy"... but, it's an incredible ride. Most fun I've had in a videogame in a long time. I found myself seeking cliches and game mechanics of other games... and gladly I wasn't satiated. This is a very unique experience, and the art direction, atmosphere... all of it. Wow! I'd love to play a sequel. Also, the voice acting (although a different language) and music is very well done. Expand
  62. Jan 4, 2014
    Stunning game. If you are the type who doesn't care for character focused drama, this may not be for you. This game is brief, but epic. I am almost at the end and it has been a powerful journey. Without words, a powerful story is shared. Joyous moments seem to end in tragedy. Dark moments are tinged with humor. The young brothers casually walk through horror, showing extreme maturity atStunning game. If you are the type who doesn't care for character focused drama, this may not be for you. This game is brief, but epic. I am almost at the end and it has been a powerful journey. Without words, a powerful story is shared. Joyous moments seem to end in tragedy. Dark moments are tinged with humor. The young brothers casually walk through horror, showing extreme maturity at the same time as youthful playfulness.

A very memorable game and a serious bargain, even with the short playing time, when it goes on sale on the various digital download platforms.

The controls felt unique. It took a little time to get used to controlling one character per analog stick. While the puzzles were far from complex, the novelty of the controls and the depth of the story made it all enjoyable to me.

If you are the type who wants to feel smarter than everyone else, this game could also provide you a chance to proudly rant that the game is overrated, blah, blah, blah. You all know the type. On a more earnest note, if you don't care for emotional drama, this game might be boring for you.
  63. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is just amazing. It reminds me of Journey, and yet, it surpasses Journey in term of game play and story. And you just keep getting fascinated from the beginning to the end.
  64. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. Not only does this game have very clever co-op puzzles, but the seemingly simple story can be comprehended so many different ways to make the story thick, engaging, and emotional. The way the younger brother uses his own skill to do things that the brother could only do, it teaches how to not rely on others so much, you have skill. It teaches you that life canThis game is a masterpiece. Not only does this game have very clever co-op puzzles, but the seemingly simple story can be comprehended so many different ways to make the story thick, engaging, and emotional. The way the younger brother uses his own skill to do things that the brother could only do, it teaches how to not rely on others so much, you have skill. It teaches you that life can be hard, but it's up to you to stand back up, and grow, and make that never changing scar seem smaller. It teaches you the theme of brotherhood and teamwork. It can mean so much, without using a single word of English. Expand
  65. Jan 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brothers a tale of two sons, is a beautiful-looking puzzle-platformer that tells an emotional, bittersweet story. It is like a fairytale as told by the Brothers Grimm, with an unexpected sting and darkness to offset the blissful bits with butterflies and bunnies. At the start, we see how the younger of two brothers doesn’t manage to save his mother’s life. Then, as his father falls deathly ill, he sets off on a long journey with his older brother to a tree that may well hold a cure. Along the way, they run into various creatures and face obstacles that can only be overcome by working together. As everybody speaks an incomprehensible language, the story is told entirely with images and body language.

The game is blessed with an ingenious, yet simple, control-scheme, which allows you to control both brothers simultaneously. One with your left hand and one with your right. If you are lucky enough to have a gamepad, this means that movement is handled with the two control sticks (one per brother) and that for any context-sensitive action (grabbing something or chatting to a character, for instance) you use the left and right trigger, depending on the brother you’re focused on. Once you get used to it, this scheme works surprisingly well, though I did get confused now and then when the brother I was controlling with the left hand was to the right of his sibling. Apparently my brain was expecting my left hand to always control the brother on the left.

Most of the roadblocks involve pulling levers and turning cranks. Barring a few exceptions such as when the brothers go on a climbing expedition while tied together with a rope these aren’t exactly innovative, or intellectually challenging. But because of the way you are controlling the brothers, the execution is still interesting. The big incentive to keep going is not finding the next puzzle to solve but to see how the story turns out. The game is good at making you feel invested in the characters, the great visuals and beautiful soundtrack helping to draw you into this world.

Brothers is very linear, there just being a few places where you can deviate from the path a teensy bit to do something optional like reuniting a giant turtle with her kids. And there are no collectibles of any kind, which is a major plus in my book. All too often the pacing of a game is disrupted by the feeling that you should be exploring every inch of your surroundings to not miss out on something. Even if that something is actually completely irrelevant to the game proper. Brothers moves at a steady clip, never pausing long enough to bore, and it can be finished in a couple of hours. This is probably a negative for some gamers, but good news for people like me, who tend to be short on time and prefer an awesome short experience to a longer just-okay one.

There is an amazing moment late in the game where a little stunt with the controls nearly brought a tear to my eye. I can’t spoil the context, but suffice to say that this is the first time a simple game mechanic ever had such a direct emotional effect on me. The control itself as the narrative device that is something rare. Brothers is a game that won’t soon be forgotten.

@PopCultJunk
  66. Jan 1, 2014
    This whole game is a masterpiece and one of the best pc titles ever. The touching story and the spiritual company of the older brother at the end was a unique experience. Gameplay was really innovative and the scenery looked flawless. The atmosphere puts you in the mood and the soundtrack is solid. It was the only title beside The Last Of Us that brought me to tears.
  67. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the most satisfying experiences in a game I have had in a long time. In essence it's a puzzle game with two independently controlled characters who go on a quest. Simple set up. Simple controls. But what you get is something special. The interaction of the characters with the world, NPCs and each other is subtle but powerful. A very enjoyable experience. Keep in mind it's quiteOne of the most satisfying experiences in a game I have had in a long time. In essence it's a puzzle game with two independently controlled characters who go on a quest. Simple set up. Simple controls. But what you get is something special. The interaction of the characters with the world, NPCs and each other is subtle but powerful. A very enjoyable experience. Keep in mind it's quite short by most standards but that shouldn't put you off from trying it. Expand
  68. Dec 30, 2013
    Outstanding game mechanics, beautiful scenery and a touching story with a great sountrack. what more can you ask for? This game has only one purpose. To tell a story. It couldn't have been done better.
  69. Dec 29, 2013
    Two minuses. 1st The game is too short. 2nd Too sad finish. Everything else in this game is perfect. Recommend to all except children cause of too sad scenario.
  70. Dec 27, 2013
    I don't get the fuss over stories and video games: a good game really doesn't need much of a story: what were the stories for Tetris, Space Invaders, Pac Man? A good setting yes, but a story: that's what games have when they lack gameplay. If I want a good story, I read a book. I play games for fun. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, is altogether something else. This is a story told, not inI don't get the fuss over stories and video games: a good game really doesn't need much of a story: what were the stories for Tetris, Space Invaders, Pac Man? A good setting yes, but a story: that's what games have when they lack gameplay. If I want a good story, I read a book. I play games for fun. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, is altogether something else. This is a story told, not in spite of, or as a backdrop to, but through gameplay. The gameplay is simple but fun and rewarding; the story is straightforward, albeit dark and tragic; however, the sense of engagement derived from your involvement in the story through the gameplay renders this story deeply affecting and, ultimately, devastating. This is a genuinely brilliant game, the most original thing I have played in years and beautifully executed. Well done 505 games. Expand
  71. Dec 22, 2013
    The most beautiful and emotional game I've played in years. The graphics and sound are perfect. The control system makes you think but is rewarding at the same time. The real star of the product is the story though. I completed it in 2 nights (about 4 hours) and that was enough. It's a talent to know when to end a good thing.
  72. Dec 17, 2013
    I've been gaming for 25+ years and I rate this as one of my top 5 games ever. The combination of great graphics, excellent story and engaging puzzles makes for an amazing experience. A MUST play!
  73. Dec 16, 2013
    I think this is the best thing that has ever happened to me since playing Sanitarium. I promise you that you will drown in an ocean of feels after playing this. That masterpiece made me cry like a little baby with it's brilliant story-telling and character development. Bravo.
  74. Dec 15, 2013
    First use an xbox controller to play this game as I don't think it would be possible using the mouse and keyboard. Using the controller is very smooth and makes you really think to control what is going on.

Second this game is not hard; but it is amazingly creative, wonderfully beautiful, and just incredibly done. It is so outside the norm that it really should be experienced by all.

Third there is no comprehendable dialog in the game and no direction provided, you just have to logically figure things out. This is a huge part of what made this game great.

It only took me three hours to get through the game, but for the price it was absolutely perfect (just enough to really impress, yet not too much to drag on or get repetitive). This really is a studio to watch if they can maintain this level of creativity & quality.
  75. Dec 14, 2013
    I've been playing games for almost 30 years, all the way back to the Atari days, and this very near if not at the top of the heap. I've never played a game like this one. I know some people have criticized it for being more of a story or a movie than a game, but the fact is that what makes it so extraordinary is how important interactivity is to transmitting emotion to the player. I reallyI've been playing games for almost 30 years, all the way back to the Atari days, and this very near if not at the top of the heap. I've never played a game like this one. I know some people have criticized it for being more of a story or a movie than a game, but the fact is that what makes it so extraordinary is how important interactivity is to transmitting emotion to the player. I really can't explain more without spoiling it. Let's just say this is the first time I wept while holding a controller. After so much mindless FPS, I was losing faith in gaming as an art form. "Brothers" has rekindled my faith and I hope it will inspire more interactive storytelling. Expand
  76. Dec 13, 2013
    I loved this game. Sometimes the controls plays tricks on your mind, but it's fantastic. It's not very challenging, but it's makes for a great adventure. My only gripe is that I wish it were longer!
  77. Dec 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Masterpiece
    emotional
    beautiful atmosphere
    single player co-op
    fills the void of elder brother and takes it away
    must play Gamers
    best indie game of 2013
    like Limbo
  78. Dec 10, 2013
    Got my attention after seeing the trailer and I have to admit it, it was much better than expected. The stunnig art direction makes the enviroment so jaw dropping that you will be wondering how a low budget game could have done it. The pace of the game is so well implemented that you could go through the entire game at the first try, wishing the 2-3 hours spent could have lasted for aGot my attention after seeing the trailer and I have to admit it, it was much better than expected. The stunnig art direction makes the enviroment so jaw dropping that you will be wondering how a low budget game could have done it. The pace of the game is so well implemented that you could go through the entire game at the first try, wishing the 2-3 hours spent could have lasted for a milenium. And ohh the gameplay, controling the two brothers was a very interesting and inovative experience. also the way you solved those simple but very rewarding puzzles with them was awesome! The narrative apparently was based on norse mythology and the director, Josef Fares as a swedish film director, couldnt be a better choice. The story gets very emotional during their quest to save their father, confrontantig many things on their way, and at the end you will be touched! Get this awe inspiring video game, because I freaking doubt that you will dislike! Expand
  79. Dec 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Revolutionary and original gameplay with a beautiful atmosphere and a toucing story. Great music/soundtrack, beautiful graphics (especially the colors of the sky when the boys followi the witch to her lair). A little short but an unforgetable experience. Maybe the game of the year. Surely will ne in the nomination list. Expand
  80. Dec 6, 2013
    The atmosphere of this game is amazing the puzzles are not challenging but multitasking of both brothers is very fun, and hard to deal until you get used to it.The bond between the brothers in the game is so true that sometimes i thought of my own brother.This game is like a movie that you play in, I am amazed by the view of the benches, these views were great, and little things likeThe atmosphere of this game is amazing the puzzles are not challenging but multitasking of both brothers is very fun, and hard to deal until you get used to it.The bond between the brothers in the game is so true that sometimes i thought of my own brother.This game is like a movie that you play in, I am amazed by the view of the benches, these views were great, and little things like petting the cat, or playing with a kid in the game made me feel like it was a real life story that I was watching from the outside
    This game is great, every Adventure game lovers should play it.
  81. Dec 5, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. One of the best ways to _experience_ a story. I was almost crying... Thank you, Starbreeze!

This game is above any ratings.
  82. Dec 4, 2013
    Looks like a great game. I wouldn't really know though. This review is just to get rid of the Two Brothers review I accidentally put here that I can't figure out how to get the metacritic site to delete.
  83. Nov 29, 2013
    I eventually became too curious from all the outstanding reviews not to try this game, and I see they don't exaggerate at all. It is rather short, but the breathtaking scenery, music and story combine into a masterpiece that kept me in awe the whole time, and wrapped everything up with a deeply emotive ending (must... not... cry... oh, I give up). You know that you have just experienced anI eventually became too curious from all the outstanding reviews not to try this game, and I see they don't exaggerate at all. It is rather short, but the breathtaking scenery, music and story combine into a masterpiece that kept me in awe the whole time, and wrapped everything up with a deeply emotive ending (must... not... cry... oh, I give up). You know that you have just experienced an amazing story when the credits have already rolled and you are still staring at the main menu in stupor.

There isn't more that should be said. The game offers very few explanations for a huge world and invites you to make up the rest, and so will I. Go see for yourself!
  84. Nov 29, 2013
    One of the better games I played in the last couple of years, I understand that this is an indie game, not sure how, but it is well make almost no bugs, (I restarted the game and it works fine) the soundtrack is amazing, the game plays is fun cool and unique, the story is emotional and cool, this is like taking the Lego games to a new barriers,
    Loved it, and it took me only 5 hours to
    Loved it, and it took me only 5 hours to finish, (and I'm playing very slowly)
  85. Nov 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing graphics and beautiful music perfectly mixed up with a lovely and touching story about love and commitment. Only negative point in my opinion is its short length and the little difficulty in the puzzles. Expand
  86. Nov 26, 2013
    I am an old school gamer and I have pretty much seen it all and am pretty much bored with 90% of the games out there.
    Most games of these days simply don't have it and I was absolutely amazed with this game.
    This game is something new and refreshing and brings story telling and gaming experience to the next level. The music the story the execution is simply perfect. To everyone who
    To everyone who worked on creating this game, /bow and thank you so much for this beautiful game.
  87. Nov 25, 2013
    Brothers a tale of two son um jogo que te ganha pela historia, um gameplay diferente, o unico ponto negativo, o tamanho do jogo que poderia ser maior, mas talvez tenha sido melhor assim.
    um final fantástico.
  88. Nov 23, 2013
    This will be the first review I've ever written. I thought this game deserved to be written about and recommended by everyone who played it.

This is an adventure game that takes you on an adventure only the very best games ever did before. I couldn't get over the mesmerizing feel this game gave me while progressing through the adventure. It was not a hard game at all but because of that the pacing felt perfect. The art direction they have taken is perfect. This is an adventure you must have experienced once in your life.
  89. Nov 17, 2013
    This is a game that lives up to its scores and then some. It has to be experienced, 'nuff said. To add one other thing, however, this was the first game in quite a while that truly stopped me in my tracks, pulled me in directions and left me speechless; reliving my adventures and the memories of beloved characters, the game resonated long following its conclusion.
  90. Nov 16, 2013
    Wow. Most beautiful game ever played. Ingenious scandinavian team.
    And really trains you in logical thinking & motoric skill.
    Greets from germany.....
  91. Nov 14, 2013
    Fragile and memorable, original and Perfect. Could I imagine that the game can make a striking impression? Of course not. After so many games you stop wondering. But the game turned my ideas about the games. The beauty of landscapes and the sounds of music and characters, gameplay and puzzles. In this game, everything is perfect. This game is the real fairy tale.
  92. Nov 13, 2013
    This is one of the most beautiful masterpieces ever created. The way you control each of the Brothers and how you solve puzzles had me glued for every hour. The side"quests" like saving the Baby Turtles that most people would miss really made me feel like the developers really wanted you to stop an view every small detail at every corner to see if there was some small "Quest" or cut-sceneThis is one of the most beautiful masterpieces ever created. The way you control each of the Brothers and how you solve puzzles had me glued for every hour. The side"quests" like saving the Baby Turtles that most people would miss really made me feel like the developers really wanted you to stop an view every small detail at every corner to see if there was some small "Quest" or cut-scene to view. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  93. Nov 10, 2013
    So....I'm here on Metacritic for the very first time and I'm writing a review because this game deserves it. It really does. I'm going to be quick, this clearly isn't a triple A game, it's something more. The particular thing here is how the gamer became the bond between the two brothers, not merely the one who moves them. Because of this, the connection between the game and the person whoSo....I'm here on Metacritic for the very first time and I'm writing a review because this game deserves it. It really does. I'm going to be quick, this clearly isn't a triple A game, it's something more. The particular thing here is how the gamer became the bond between the two brothers, not merely the one who moves them. Because of this, the connection between the game and the person who plays it became strong, really strong. And at last, well...this connection will be the cause of your ultimate depression.
    This game is something beautiful that will break your heart in many little pieces, but this is how real life is too: you will experience sorrow and joy with the two brothers in a way that isn't common today with videogames.

Definitely worth buying,
  94. Nov 10, 2013
    Long time did not play a game so interesting. One of the best games I've played. Exciting, engaging, control characters fantastic. I recommend to those who really like adventure games.
    I am very demanding games, and this game has exceeded all my expectations.
    Português-Portuguese Faz muito tempo que não jogo um jogo tão interessante. Um dos melhores jogos que joguei. Empolgante,
    I am very demanding games, and this game has exceeded all my expectations.

Português-Portuguese
    Faz muito tempo que não jogo um jogo tão interessante. Um dos melhores jogos que joguei. Empolgante, envolvente, controle de personagens fantástico. Recomendo a quem realmente gosta de jogos de aventura.
    Eu sou muito exigente para jogos, e esse jogo superou todas as minhas expectativas.
  95. Nov 9, 2013
    A game that everyone should play. It's gaming at its finest. Gameplay and story intertwined to give one of the best gaming experiences ever without even saying a word.

A controller is highly recommended.
  96. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. His brother literally died at the end..it touched my heart. The little brother actually tough and learned how to do everything on his own and not depend at other people. Plus, Its also tough to control both brothers in one controller and its very challenging. Great Job I must say!!! Expand
  97. Nov 5, 2013
    This is a lovely little game. I say little because it only took me five hours and I didn't feel inclined to replay it right away. It wasn't very expensive, if you don't count the Xbox controller it requires. Having to control two characters simultaneously was a nice challenge, and the basic message of love and cooperation was very satisfying. I also liked that the ending had real feelingThis is a lovely little game. I say little because it only took me five hours and I didn't feel inclined to replay it right away. It wasn't very expensive, if you don't count the Xbox controller it requires. Having to control two characters simultaneously was a nice challenge, and the basic message of love and cooperation was very satisfying. I also liked that the ending had real feeling that was different from what you get in most computer games. I took off a point for not being 'open-world': you have a fairly narrow path to follow. I didn't get most of the achievements, but they aren't integral to the story and it would take considerable random clicking to unlock most of them. There were a lot of passages that required imagination and ingenuity to solve; it reminded me of GW2 jumping puzzles or certain platformers. The lack of English dialog was, in some ways, a plus; it certainly wasn't hard to follow most of the conversations due to the cleverness of the drawing. Some plot twists were surprising. I certainly recommend this game ahead of most shooters I've played, mainly because of the emotional dynamics. Expand
  98. Nov 4, 2013
    I am not known for being emotional but i have to say.. one of the great games of this century. lets look at it.. graphics are nice, but not massive AAA quality.. storyline is objectively seen not bad, but certainly seen better thought out stories, its quite a short game and the replayability is close to 0.. still.. its the best game ive ever played. At start you may not know why but afterI am not known for being emotional but i have to say.. one of the great games of this century. lets look at it.. graphics are nice, but not massive AAA quality.. storyline is objectively seen not bad, but certainly seen better thought out stories, its quite a short game and the replayability is close to 0.. still.. its the best game ive ever played. At start you may not know why but after a while you get sucked into the story.. you will experience smiling, light feelings and rumbling emotions in your head.. you will also experience sadness, falls and confused moments... and without spoiling anything.. if you dont cry at last part of the game.. you are not human. Many people of which alot grown man have admitted to have tears either on theur face or welling up in their eyes. This game makes you go through alot of emotions and feelings.. and though you will not notice it immediatly while playing.. at the end everything will come lose and you will look back t the game and hope that all games will give you a feeling like that. Expand
  99. Nov 4, 2013
    What a wonderful experience this game was. The concept and controls worked perfectly (used a controller) and the game was perfectly paced, never boring, never tedious. I'm usually not the most patient gamer and rarely take the time to do things in a game that doesn't give me any tangible game-rewards. Here I played a lot more with the surroundings becoming genuinely interested in the twoWhat a wonderful experience this game was. The concept and controls worked perfectly (used a controller) and the game was perfectly paced, never boring, never tedious. I'm usually not the most patient gamer and rarely take the time to do things in a game that doesn't give me any tangible game-rewards. Here I played a lot more with the surroundings becoming genuinely interested in the two brothers and the world they could interact with. I even checked out the achievement list after finishing the first time to find new fun and pointless things to do. That's a first for this veteran gamer.

I also started playing this game a second time, now with my 3 year old daughter. Granted, some of the scenes were a little bit scary for her but I have never seen her so engaged in any game before. The way the game doesn't rely on understanding the made up language makes it very easy to follow the story for children. She tried controlling a bit when she wanted to and passed the controls to me quite often to progress.

One of my best purchases ever.

I got a wired controlled quite recently to check out State of Decay and I think that affected the experience quite a bit. This is the first time (perhaps except for Tekken and the likes) that I have found a console controller to be essential for the experience so strongly recommend you get one hooked up to your PC.
  100. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cool. One of the best games of this year set in a fantasy world from the beginning it socked me into its world with its outstanding visuals amazing music and fantastic storyline support the developers and get this game it's definitely one of the best games of this year Expand
  101. Feb 11, 2014

1. Oct 31, 2013
    Brothers, unlike many recent indie hits, is very down to earth. It is not rife with intellectual puzzles like Braid, it is not as open to interpretations as Journey. It just makes you think about simple human values.
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    A gorgeous world, bursting with personality. Great storytelling makes up for the short length and unchallenging puzzles.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a true marriage of gameplay and narrative, and it is frankly a complete triumph.