3.8

1. Jun 17, 2013
    Who, how and why is comparing this game to Counter Strike? I bet most of fanatics of this game are children whom never seen different game then this one. No recoil, no objective, no point. Waste of time and money. Even as big fan of FPS I can tell, this game is not worth any attention.
  2. Jun 15, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 brings nothing new to the table, with a bland and uninspired story. I quickly found myself bored in the middle of level two, and I didn't even bother starting level three. It honestly has nothing redeemable.
  3. Jun 11, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is a game which tries to be original but ends up being another good shooter.
    Concept: 6/10
    Graphics: 7/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Playability: 10/10
    Entertainment: 8/10
    Total Score: 7/10
  4. Jun 9, 2013
    ruined game. the first one was amazing, it was based on precision and skill in multiplier but now.... Even the zombie maps were ruined. all the maps look horrid, the background imaging is basic, and even the AI is terrible. the amount of money this corporation has they should be able to afford there own servers. not cheap out and use players as there servers. the fact the next game was announced a couple of days after the last DLC was made, proves how half ass'ed these are. small machine guns have more ammo, more damage, and better accuracy then an LMG. Great logic. Expand
  5. Jun 8, 2013
    Save your money don't buy this game pfff really disappointed I think the game's creators are laughing at us. I think they should create a map pack rather than releasing a second episode!
  6. Jun 3, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is one of the worst game I've ever played in my life. Well, I am one of the most stupid person alive right now. I paid 120 bucks for this game. Spent 250 hours of IN-GAME time on this bullcrap. Until I met Battlefield. I run my games on a 3470 and 7970, so don't compare your "lousy cod graphics" to at least the Crysis (1) back in 2007. This game lacks the diversity of new things, and each year i am basically buying back the same game OVER AND OVER AGAIN. With just some newer (and boring) things over and over again.

I love the irony in the Xbox ONE live reveal show, I spent 3 hours of my life hearing to TV shows, how to navigate with the Xbox one, then comes the Call of Duty: Ghosts reveal.

Mantling like in BF3, slide like in Crysis and swim through fishes like in Mario. Like seriously, the engine is still the same f*cking engine. No way on Earth am I purchasing the game if it doesn't have a bigger fanbase in my region.

IW, TREYARCH, ACTIVISION, the 3 MOST EVIL COMPANIES TO EVER EXIST.

(Btw guys, don't ever listen to critics like IGN, you hear it from the majority of the players (us) in the community and User section of this website. They are paid to give higher ratings. 9.3 from IGN for CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2??!! WHAT A BIG FAT LIE)
  7. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, lets see, the system requirements went up, but the graphics got worse. The campaign is stupid, no focus on Reznov after the "Reznov is dead or is he?" code in Black Ops 1. Depending on your actions, Mason may show up years later with no explanation as to where he has been for like 30 years. The rest of the campaign is just full of boring futuristic stuff. The multiplayer had awful maps, there weren't really any irritating weapons except for a handful of things that could lead you to mistake for hacks. The game was generally boring and was a terrible follow up to Black Ops 1. Expand
  8. May 31, 2013
    So, let's start from a 10 and reduce it by it's flaws: Overused series with no change -3 Poor engine (bugs, horrible sound and graphics) -2 Easily hackable multiplayer -1 Unoriginal campaign with stupid and hard to control gimmicks -1 Boring gameplay -2 So in the end, I would say it deserves nothing more than a 1/10. Even then there's a lot more flaws; DLC with very little content for HUGE price
    Horrible fanbase (greatly affects multiplayer)
    Server problems (different players not in sync)
    Lack of response from Activision (has there been any patch? If yes they didn't fix anything)
    60$ price for a game which relies only on the multiplayer (without good solo, should be about 40$)

So if you are looking for a FPS, don't waste your 60$ on this, you will get very little satisfaction.
  9. May 30, 2013
    Single player is unique to the COD games with the inclusion of an actually good story with critical player choices and engaging gunplay.
    Multiplayer provides a similar feel to previous games but with the inclusion of the pick 10 class system which is awesome for those who are creative.
    Zombies is the best its ever been, Tranzit is amazing, having a bus as a progressive and adventurous
    objective is some what extremely addictive and entertaining with a group of up to 3 people working together. It also offers a part collecting objective that rewards players with useful tools such as a Zombie Shield looks like a riot shield) or an AI controlled turret to assist you with surviving the ongoing waves of the undead.
    Black Ops 2 offers a unique and engaging experience for all three well developed aspects of the game. I commend Treyarch for trying something new.
  10. May 28, 2013
    I'm a pretty big fan of call of duty, and when i got this game a few days ago i became really hooked, the multiplayer revives some old maps and adds some new ones also, the guns are cooler and feel smoother to use than in, say, world at war, and the multiplayer requires some decent skill... well... it WOULD require skill if it was not full to the brim with campers!! Almost every lobby i've played is more full of campers than a scout's meeting and the maps seem to support this with they're many, many, many, many hiding places. Next, we have the campaign, the campaign is atrocious! On the second mission i noticed this as, due to crappy respawn rates for the enemies, it was unplayable! I could not even finish the level! As for the zombie mode, all i can say is one word. Filler. However, the multiplayer alone wins this game a 6. People who want to have a solid campaign and Co-Op should look elsewhere though! Expand
  11. May 25, 2013
    Meh... They've tried to do something, but it's the same thing over again. Old graphics. MP is boring and almost exactly the same, small generic and boring looking maps with campers and annoying people. Campaign is just...just *BLARGH* The same cliche American soldiers saving the world crap. Zero innovation. If you want a FPS experience, go find a good ol' fashioned copy of TimeSplitters or a copy of BF, Perfect Dark, 007:Nightfire (GCN). Seriously, I don't expect anything from this series anymore, not even their next-gen title Ghosts. 3.5/10: Awww JEEZ!!! You really cannot give us the same crap 3 years in a row Already removed from my Hard drive Expand
  12. May 23, 2013
    How can we juste accept it. Same game than all others The game is actually outdated, the community is bad mostly 8 years old players for a +18 game I can't understand people who buy it
  13. May 21, 2013
    This is the worst era for FPS Gamers, the stupid companies making 1 game per year without innovating, terrible times for shooters.

Plase, stop buying this bullsh·it
  14. May 20, 2013
    Black Ops II, another overrated CoD. Waste of time and money.
  15. May 19, 2013
    remember cod4? yeah it was awesome, right? something you want to remember, right?
    this is something you want to walk away from, the most unbalanced weapons, scorestreaks, (c4, jumping around/bunnyhopping, dropshots) and WORST LAGSERVERS, all just for the price of 110$, go ahead, buy it
  16. May 15, 2013
    The game itself introduces nothing new, besides mission loadout and different endings, which is new to the Call of Duty series. Campaign is pretty mediocre, with it's good points and flaws. Storyline is simple and very Hollywood-like. You can spend some hours playing it with your friends chewing popcorn. Graphics haven't changed too much, though there's some difference between previous Call of Duty games. Multiplayer changed a little bit, maybe it became even more dynamical and it's sort of pick-up-and-play if you wish. But this game doesn't worth it's full price of 60$, as you can otherwise spend the money for something much more useful or just hang out with your friends. Expand
  17. May 12, 2013
    Prior to the release of this game, Treyarch was my favorite game maker. I am a COD fan but this game has made me take a step back and re-think that. BO2 was a huge step back from 1. If you make a game for the pros and You Tubers, then those will be the only gamers that will buy your game. Definitely not pre ordering another COD game until I've played it. Sorry Treyarch. Bring on more Blizzard games Expand
  18. May 12, 2013
    Call of duty black ops 2 is probably the most disappointing game in call of duty series, which I otherwise hold a lot of. They have made a campaign that is strange and you do not understand why they are there.
    They make too much out of muliplayer and too little out of the campaign that I would always buy a game. There is almost no one on mulitplayer over the computer. Everyone plays the
    same so after a few hours it will be too various forms.
    COD: Black ops 2 is probably the baddest game in the series ever ..
    The game is a waste of money.
    I'm a huge COD fan, but I do not even know if I will buy the new COD: Ghost
    Fingers crossed for you Infinity Ward!
    Now create a good game so I do not regret my purchase once more.
  19. May 11, 2013
    After playing this during the free weekend, I can tell you that this game is nothing special. If they dropped the price to $20, it would better reflect the game's value.

Not much has changed here, you could go back to the old MW games, and see the same gameplay. The unlock system is confusing... I unlocked something I have to unlock? Talk about annoying.

The graphics are nothing
    special either. You actually can't hear footsteps very well (this is playing with $80 razer headphones). There were quite a few times where I would get stuck on objects, or other players as well. Also, why do we still have maps that have areas where you can kill yourself by jumping off the map? Seriously? If I wanted those kind of maps, I'd go play an old quake or Unreal tournament.

Will not be buying this game. I already have 2 others JUST like it.
  20. May 10, 2013
    Installed and tryed to play on Free Weekend and.. no changes its just next Copy and Paste game. Played for 3minutes, its really worst and hyped game.
    Nothing more to say.
  21. May 10, 2013
    Lets start the story, first i love fps games, but since CS i stoped play. Last year I buy BF3 and CSGO, but I was willing some COD, becouse that franchise are so famous.

This weak i play this game for free, and cant belive why people buy so much this game. The gameplay are horrible, the character moviment is a joke. The animations is like games from 10 years ago.

The weapon is so
    artificial, Battlefield is so much professional than COD. COD has the worst fake gameplay ever. Dont buy this game just becouse that is famous. Expand
  22. May 10, 2013
    Black Ops II is NOT a bad game. Let me just establish that from the start. Contrary to popular belief, BO2 brings many new innovations which the franchise has been lacking since Modern Warfare 2. The campaign is very different in its story. Zombies has been expanded beyond anyone's imagination. And multiplayer has received a complete overhaul. With a great selection of game modes, weapons, perks, equipment, scorestreaks, customisation options etc. as well as League Play where everything is unlocked, it's hard to fault it. However, I can give many reasons why this doesn't make the game exciting at all. Sure, create-a-class offers total freedom without pre-set restrictions, but in reality your playstyle is not respected within the game itself. While the weapons are generally balanced, the sheer pace of the game means shotguns and SMGs have the upper hand in most situations. Whilst the choice of weapons and class options are there, barely any of it is actually useful. With all the new stuff I feel that the game is too cluttered. There is a lot of rubbish around, yet the game doesn't feel fresh or exciting even though it's almost completely different. The controls feel somewhat odd relative to the pacing and map design, so it's not like previous Call of Duty games where all class setups would be appropriate for all maps. The multiplayer is fun for about an hour, after that it's plain boring, not satisfying at all. Campaign is commendable for trying to bring new ideas but ultimately fails to deliver compared to Modern Warfare 3's campaign. BO2's campaign is not only unnecessarily complicated and difficult to follow, but the gameplay in it is very boring and not intense even on Veteran difficulty. Zombies has gone completely mental. No longer is it a simple horde mode in confined areas; rather it's more about finding easter eggs and following lengthy guides just to figure out where you can buy a perk or upgrade your weapon. Overall, Black Ops II seems self-defeating in a way. It aims to create a competitive multiplayer yet provides anti-competitive tools rather than focusing on pure skill, regardless of choice of class. Yet with zombies, it's clearly aimed at little kids who enjoy bragging about finding new stuff in a game. I must say, I'm disappointed that even a CoD game which brings so much new stuff fails to be more exciting than Modern Warfare 3. Expand
  23. May 10, 2013
    The most biggest steaming piece of S*** I've played for a long time. Campers & Hackers that's what this game is about. I'm never going to play this garbage ever again and i recommend that no-one should try it either.
  24. May 9, 2013
    STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS GAME! First of all, to be honest, I have never played a single COD title, the only FPS I've played were Counter Strike. Having heard a lot of rave reviews from game critics, doing research on YouTube and so on, with many COD fanboys bragging about how superior these titles were compared to other FPS. It gave me the assurance, that this has to be the best FPS ever made, right? F**k no!!! Ok, at first BO2 may seem quite fun but for awhile, it won't take long before you realize that it's just stupid & mindless, you'll feel like a complete retard running around in circles in a freaking Michael Bay movie with a mass orgy of bombardments, getting killed out of no where. Can someone knock some sense in to me and explain how the hell did COD titles gets all the good reviews? how the hell is this even fun? I'm astonished! This game for me is a 4/10, TERRIBLE!!! I just don't get how COD titles are one of the best selling video games or why people are wasting money on this trash, one thing's for sure though, definitely the last time I bought any COD crap. Expand
  25. May 5, 2013
    What’s good 1) good story 2) possibility in multiplayer to change equipment and weapon at slots.
    3) Personal weapon camo good idea.
    Problems 1) cheaters 2) to many cheaters 3) not banned cheaters 4) no working ghost perk second name of the game shooting UAV 5) awful by the balance and only small “3 passes” maps 6 some camo for children instead of the fact its game 18 7)
    only 6 players in hardcore team. 8) all time connection to losing team what’s the point in losing winning score Expand
  26. May 2, 2013
    Nothing new, another copy and paste from the CoD series. When will people learn and stop making this game the best selling series of this generation. The people who play this game are just sheep's that shell out $60 every year to play the same game and pay for 3 $15 map packs every time.
  27. Apr 30, 2013
    This isn't a game, this is a bad joke. Another console on the PC. No gamesave only control points, so if you die, you have to watch all the cinematics allover, because there's no skipping... And play the last 10-15 mins over again. But I don't want to replay, I want to play!! If it freezes, and it does, you have to start the whole chapter again. Sometimes, you just don't know what to do like the russian tank vs. horse scene. You smash the buttons in vain but for no avail. The controls were left on the consoles... That's where I left the game. There are so many other out there. I swore many times never to buy a game before try it out because I think many game companies just sell sh*t and lie about it. And after you've bought it there's no help (see the shameless Crytek-EA, too). Games like these make pirating stronger, because nobody would want to pay for sh*t like this... So I'm off for pirating from now on. I'll be only paying for games that worth it. So should you. Expand
  28. Apr 24, 2013
    gonna divide this is 3: - Campain: its painfuly booooooring, would be worst if it wasnt for Menedez. Also the decitions? thats the only choice it matters is the very last one the others are exuces. - Multiplayer: nothing really new exept for a few thing. - Zombies: fun as always and pretty inovative. the only thing that worths at all is Zombie mode and its not THAT good. you would get bored soon.
    Besides why wasting money in this game if they are already going to release a new one soon. dont give your money to them! use that money for a game that actually woth and has iniciative like Battlefield 3 or Uncharted 3
  29. Apr 23, 2013
    Black Ops 2 uses recycled ideas of sci-fi that Battlefield 2142 already accomplished back in 2006. This game is way too late to a series that is burning out fast. Same engine, done future weapons, simple level design, arbitrary recycled level-up system. Pass it, demand something fresh than the same tweaked recycled game every year. Baaaa Baa sheep.
  30. Apr 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Expand
  31. Apr 16, 2013
    Making BILLIONS every year. But this poor Bobby Kottick is too preocupied in the law sues against him and fu***ng gamers by behind to upgrade his game.... And it seems they like it, since they keep buying.

Making BILLIONS AND BILLIONS, but can't invest 1/4 of that money back into the game just to make it better.... no no, can't take this risk, just copy paste and change the singleplayer
    story.

Anyone calling themselves gamers and still plays this crap should be a shame of himself and you are contribuing in shutting down the gaming industry.

1 of the worst call of duty. always going downhill. Making billions, but still only put 20 millions to make the same old game. but stupid fake gamers still cum on this and praise him.... I have no faith in the future of gaming, thanks to yall kids.
  32. Apr 16, 2013
    The problem with Black Ops, and most of the CoD series, is that there's no challenge in most of the series. It's extremely under-rated and the gameplay is just the same over, and over again. Most game developers would at least add something new to a game to make it that little bit extra enjoyable, but no, they decided to add zombies instead. Come on, this is 2013, not 2005.
  33. Apr 8, 2013
    An average game with low graphics and a horrible story. The single player is dull. Perhaps the only thing saving this game is its stable player base and competitive multiplayer. I advise all of you if you really want cod, play on console.
  34. Apr 6, 2013
    Another example of a overselling yet terrible game which allows you to die in first person, go through a boring campaign with cardboard characters, and listen to raging kids. Nothing new is produced, so stay away.
  35. Apr 5, 2013
    This is the worst FPS I have ever played. I was expecting it to be bad, but not as bad as this. The campaign is rubbish, the AI are retarded, and everything was buggy. I couldn't get past the first level because nothing wanted to work and all the enemies ran towards you despite a ton of allies nearby. Multiplayer is slightly better, but nothing new. Maps are generic. Zombies is the only step up. Much more stuff in it and better maps. Tranzit is pretty cool. The graphics are crap. Absolute crap. It looks like the kind of game that was released in 2005 (Im playing on High graphics).
    I am very disappointed, what a waste of money. I guess it would be better for consoles, since it has lousy graphics. If you want a FPS game that's has graphics, a campaign and guns, get this.
  36. Mar 30, 2013
    As a (now former) CoD fan, I didn't enjoy BO II. The story was cheesy and unreasonable (it was very cinematic, though), and when you reach a moment when you can just RUN through the levels on any difficulty you can say the series reached a new low. Not to mention the MP is filled with idiots. Some of the weapons are overpowered, hackers can be found rather often, players are dumb and the killstreaks are extremeley overpowered. The zombies did introduce some new mechanics, but it takes the focus of the basic goal of surviving, so I enjoyed it much less. As a big fan of the first Black Ops, Don't bother buying it. Save those 60$. Expand
  37. Mar 30, 2013
    Just an absolutely horrible game I cannot find a single thing to appraise MW3 better, MW2 better, BO1 better battlefield series way better. I have played three previous versions something like 3-400 hours and found them enjoyable but the controls in this is just plain frustrating, no one is playing I would probably declare this the death of the franchise unless they step up in the next release
  38. Mar 26, 2013
    Guys guys guys THIS GAME IS NOT OPTIMIZED.
    Runs quite badly on a HD6850 and an AMD Athlon II X2 255 3.0 GHz Dual-Core and 4 GB of RAM and in some crappy laptop of a friend that can barely run TF2 it runs great. Unbelievable.
  39. Mar 25, 2013
    Call of Duty PC=a big load of donkey Sh*t. There's nothing more to say then that.
  40. Mar 23, 2013
    Isn't it high time we boycott this franchise? Yes, gamer, don't return slavishly to the call of doodoo! Especially if you are a pc player. Why? Just to to name a few reasons: -Cheese ridden arcade twitch game-play -Cynical monetization -Unassailable firewall btwn player and dev community -Ugly tendency in the online community, if you are not one for hostility toward the other. Perhaps it follows from the model they've set up here.
    -Claustrophobic maps with no sniping but action sniping. No real tactics (flanking etc) but nonosecond tactics.
    -Ubiquitous hackers

Really that last one should do it, even if you care not for of the concerns above it. I concede that the game feel is unparalleled, but we can't allow them to ride that crack appeal forever, releasing as they do the same uninteresting game over and over. Compare to Madden. To see it done right, look no further than the roadmap for Planetside 2, itself a great game with much in the way of strategy, wonderful comm, tactics, stealth and sniping. In short, get your head out of the CoD and into the real game right, right?
  41. Mar 22, 2013
    Treyarch know how to make games, unfortunately Activision don't give them enough time to make what they are capable of. Every CoD that Treyarch makes you see a spark of potential, which usually makes you wish they just quit and made something original. Although here we go again. Another year. Another CoD. I respect CoD to a certain extent. Call of Duty 4 changed the way FPS multiplayer games have been made to this day. The introduction of killstreaks, perks, custom classes. And ever since developers have been building off the same concept. Although I think we can all say. We need something new. Does Black Ops 2 give it to us? No, but it is another easy to pick up shooter that has the same feel and issues as the previous games. I enjoyed Black Ops 1, overlooking the glaring balance issues which is almost impossible to avoid, the multiplayer was fun. I liked the era and the fact that you could buy equipment with a currency. You could tell that Treyarch were trying to mix it up a bit, as Modern warfare 2's selling point was, "Hey we made some stuff in our last game that you liked.. here is loads more of it." So Black Ops 2.. well what can I say, it's CoD, semi futuristic weaponry and bland maps to use them on. The point streaks are a better way to do them, as the previous games consisted of an absolute cluster**** of stuff in the air. Thankfully this system actually does work, and you're able to run around freely with only having to deal with killstreaks that the skillfull players have acquired. The campaign is again linear and boring. With games like Tomb Raider and Dishonored that have so much variety and originality, it's hard to say that Blops2's campaign is anything but bad. Although can the game be saved from a 5 with a zombies mode. Sure. Just a little though. The zombies has been updates a lot since WaW, and it's pretty fun to play with a group of friends. This game is better played on the PC though, this is actually the first CoD game that has pretty decent textures. I think they may have gone all out with their engine and actually gotten something out of it for once. Modern warfare 3's graphics were abysmal, so It's nice to see they have made an effort with this one. But again you will only see the improvement if you are on the PC.

42. Mar 21, 2013
    This is my review -
    Story 0 4
    Graphics 0 1.5
    Multiplayer 0 2.
    Co-op 0 2
    Other Modes 0 0.5

So story is a 1-4 Graphics is 0.5 1.5 Multiplayer is 1.5-2 Co-op is 2-2 there isnt other mods soo im add 0.5
    The total is 5.510 I mean this game is not that good dont buy it it crashes all the time on Pc for me.
  43. Mar 16, 2013
    I was going to buy this game for sure as I really liked BO1, but after the release before I got to a shop several my friends advised me not to buy this game as it's totally sucks... I usually don't take anything on trust and usually recheck the info by my own, but after my bro said it sucks, I decided not to buy and wait until the game fully patched. And several months after on Steam I had possibility to try the MP during weekends. I tried... Maaaaaa, what a facepalm: graphics sucks totally, weapons suck, maps nothing special, and... already up with cheaters... Cool... I played 3hrs and deleted it without any doubt. After that I decided to look at SP, of course I had to pirate it, a there's no demo, and MP showed the game sucks totally. SP I deleted even not finishing first level same graphics (OMG ITS 2012 already, even MW3 has better graphics than BO2 how can it be?!!), stupid uninteresting plot for 9-year old kids, control sucks. So after all I'd like to thank my friends for warning, Steam for free ability to see there's nothing to lose even in MP. I really love CoD series since first MW (I had no possibility to play earlier CoD games), but BO2 is a big leap back to the 90s, the game sucks totally.
    0 score is max for the game.
  44. Mar 12, 2013
    Was fun for a bit. Got to max prestige in two months. I hate the exclusivity crap for 360. Also I didn't like having to wait until 3AM (I'm eastern time), to play on release. I would have liked to play right after it came out. The game became very melancholy very quick.
  45. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is the same year after year. Run, point, shoot, die rinse and repeat. And the campaign is the same as every year. Go to war. Kill the main bad guy. The end. I am really disappointed and wont buy CoD unless this changes
  46. Mar 10, 2013
    I believe it's a great game. The new zombies maps are awesome! You can run in between maps or take a bus, just don't knife the bus driver in the back of the head or he will force you out of the bus and lock the doors. In my opinion it could be a lot better if the KAP-40 had more ammo. Also the snipers are great. I like to use the DSR-50 but there's also other good ones. Also what ever you do do not take the War Machine in zombies. That's all. Expand
  47. Mar 7, 2013
    Hated MW2. Hated MW3. I was able to try this one for a short time. Couldn't wait to get angry and start raging on how bad this series is, and so off I played. After playing for 2 days of experiencing and trying basically enough, I have to say this...it has improved. It hurts me to say, but it has few improvements over the previous games. First of, I liked how the perks are extremely few and unlike the previous, which many were useless and only few were good, now we get few perks and almost none are that useful and actually work as "perks". Instead, some of the "old" perks are now some sort of "attachments" to weapons which are unlocked by using them more often, and in here we also get the levels for weapons, which is a nice addition. They tried hard to balance the game, even by limiting our perks, weapons, attachments and everything with a limit of 10...which balances things....I guess? Weapons are still rather similar but they TRIED to make them different this time and I noticed few differences while using some of them...like one would give less recoil...another would do more...but the same damage...? Arenas have improved as well: we get colors! Few, but it's so great to find more than 2 colors in an arena, without mentioning that I haven't played that many matches with campers (there were, but nothing impossible to counter). And jokes aside, they tried to make most of the arenas trying to be careful on blind corners...which unfortunely still are present, showing either that it's programming fault or their own choice. People will either think I'm joking or being serious but to be honest, the answer is just one: this game is still horrible, and that's no joke. While it has improvements over the others, it's still not worth a single cent on this game: weapons are still too similar and have the biggest fault of having no need to aim at all: just shoot and you'll kill (you might need to aim only on long distances); arenas, while cured a little more, show how graphics are HORRIBLE and simply unacceptable and while I accepted the graphics of the previous games, this one is totally unworthy of attention. And campers are still around in some arenas, so it's not fixed yet; balancing of the classes is still far from being even remotely good, letting us customize with just tons of useless perks (even if fewer than previous games) and overpowered killstreaks, which works with points instead of kills, but still can be a gamebreaker pretty easily and without letting you escape. This game is just mediocre, like the previous games, and while it may be a good purchase this time, the game is still expensive like day 1 and, in all honesty, you can spend those euros/dollars for much better games (and cheaper as well). If you ever find this game on discount (not gonna happen) you might give it a try and maybe even having fun until the next installment arrives (after that, this game literally dies). But seriously, if you want to play an arena based fps, with lots of weapons, with very low graphics, no real physics and simply fast pacing gaming....play either Quake 3 arena or Unreal tournament. Expand
  48. Mar 6, 2013
    Little to nothing redeeming about this game. It's the same rehashed crap that Activision keeps pushing onto weak gamers who think they need the latest CoD release. Quit funding these yearly releases and you might actually get a game worth spending $60 on.
  49. Mar 6, 2013
    I don't play COD for the campaign, so I cannot rate that. Multiplayer is OK, but not as good as the first Black Ops. The maps aren't as unique, although pretty decent. No dedicated servers and not as much focus on Hardcore with different game types, which is the mode I like to play most. I feel BO2 has reduced features compared to the first Black Ops.
  50. Mar 6, 2013
    Another copy and paste from every other Call of Duty for the past few years. Basically milking you 59.99 for expansion content. Call of Duty use to be awesome...and then Activision came...This game offers NOTHING significantly new in terms of content and graphics etc......and is just a cash cow milking YOU, the consumer
  51. Feb 25, 2013
    Lawl it's ridiculous how i'm always hearing people say whenever there is a new Call of Duty game that its awesome, but whenever I go up sites like these I see terrible scores. Me personally don't hate or really enjoy playing black ops 2, I don't care about graphics, it looked pretty much the same from Bo1 which was decent. The single player was fun, I didn't care that it ended stupid, I just enjoyed all the action and plots. The multiplayer I felt wasn't special so I got bored of it quickly it was like bo1. The Zombie tranzit mode has got to be the best that will keep curtain people playing bo2. Mw2 was just alot more addicting for me, now I wish they can stop making Cod games since it's pretty much over. The're other games other then Cod that people need to discover. Expand
  52. Feb 24, 2013
    Incredibly boring, with a story so derivative it's insulting, BLOPS2 is yet another serving of the same mediocrity by a studio devoid of originality. I'm falling asleep writing this re
  53. Feb 24, 2013
    I´m pretty avid fan of Call of duty series dating back to their early releases. So i bought this game when it was released. Quick look into settings. Graphics are ok, bit stupid i get same game engine with little work done, gameplay is the same (Good thing) and all hands goes to multiplayer.

Singleplayer review: Solid Call of Duty style, good plot twists, interesting characters and ton
    of action. (The start of campaing was very stupid so it took me 3 months to even start playing it)...Overall very good Cod campaing.

Multiplayer: Same as BO1 and Mw series. I still rank MW2 as best multiplayer Cod to this date, in BO2 there are a lot of game modes...1-2 are good, rest are junk. There is no "OMG WAR" feeling to the game, unless you spawn into game where opponent has all 6 players aiming towards you´r spawn and all the time sky is breaking with missiles...Spoils all fun, but it´s war. I´d hoped they would make larger maps, larger teams and much more action. Sadly in standard 6v6 it takes too long to find an enemy. Overall this game suck´s when you compare it to releases done by same publisher. Atleast update the gameplay, graphics and atmosphere. Counter-Strike type games rock, because they are cheap, they got good perks and solid fanbase. Call of Duty delivers normal size maps, small teams and no action whatsoever. Perhaps it´s time for me too look over fence and take a better look at Battlefield series, since Call of Duty has been downfall for very long time.
  54. Feb 23, 2013
    I hate new generation shooters with iron sights, auto restored hp and other stuff. but this one is worst of them. absolutely nothing new in this game, i cant feel difference between old MW and this one graphic and game play wise. Cod series must stop making absolutely same games every year, every one is fed up with this. Somebody should start new gaming era. COD, MOH and new age battlefield shooters must stop. Expand
  55. Feb 21, 2013
    I don't understand how these game sells so well. COD4 was the best and last great game in the series. BLOPS II is lackluster and the devs have no creativity as it shows in the maps. The graphics are dated and the console match making is lame. The only good thing about this game is that I didn't pay full price for it. BTW the latest MOH is better than this game. I will play it as a filler game and to play some Zombies. Expand
  56. Feb 18, 2013
    they still make the same mistake over and over again why the heck don't they make a damn server not the old stupid peer to peer method which is a Fail ......
    it takes ages to find a damn room to play my rating is 1 until they fix the damn online problem
  57. Feb 17, 2013
    One of the disappointments of 2012! Poor wherever you look: graphics, sound, gameplay, story. Very little or nothing to rescue.
    The greatest damage is in the graphics. Disastrous!
    A shame, it could have been a good game.
  58. Feb 14, 2013
    the only reason i bought this game was for the zombies but it lacks the humour the waw and bo1 zombies because they changed the characters the single player was tolerable and strike force was a step in the right but the multiplayer feels unbalanced so if treyarch wants me to come back to this game they need to nerf some stuff but overall an ok game
  59. Feb 9, 2013
    Didn't like this. Bad graphics. Worse story than part 1, which I found quite enjoyable. 'Modern' 2025 stuff poorly executed. Bad AI. Strikeforce missions that suck balls. Unfortunately, there are better ways to spend my money.
  60. Feb 5, 2013
    Excluding single, multiplayer mode is something for 3 year olds. Only thing you have to do is press w and left mouse button. This comes to me really ridiculous and childish. It being so simple makes me feel bad when 3 year olds shoot down you. I totally regret wasting my money on this noobish game. I look for a game which needs skills, and something for grownups, not for babies.
  61. Feb 2, 2013
    This game isn't anything special. The graphics are okay and the engine has a nice tiny change to it. But a really bad part is no console commands. The game runs at a maximum of 60 fps, which just makes the whole game hard to play, with such low fps. The campaign is honestly, very boring. I absolutely cannot attach myself to it, no matter how much I try. The zombies was a part of the game I was really looking forward too. But I was actually very disappointed. Tranzit introduced a new way of playing zombies, traveling by bus to all the locations in the map. It was a good idea, but Tranzit honestly just doesn't define it will. The gameplay is very slow and boring. Then the Survival maps you get play on, are just different sections of Tranzit, so in total you get only 1 map. But the Grief mode actually is quite fun, but barely anyone plays it sooo...... The multiplayer is okay. The maps I have to admit are well done, but like mw3 there are lots of OP guns which makes the gameplay get very old FAST. They did also make entering Prestige Mode actually "Worth" it now that they tweaked it. But the multiplayer is just designed for a bunch of 10 year old kids on their little suckbox consoles. Expand
  62. Feb 1, 2013
    Oh god make it stop. My problem with the game is not so much as there isn't anything new (although there isnt), but how lazily, sloppily, and crappily this crap box was put together. Rather than innovating a 'renowned' franchise and creating a thrilling sequel, they managed to do a minor UI change, switch around the guns, add a few maps that were mostly ripped off of the campaign, and slap together a rushed storyline to sell the multiplayer. And the multiplayer sucked anyway. You run around and spray bullets at random people that pop up while sprinting through pre-memorized paths. Trust me, I've played the Call of Duty series before, and while I did love Modern Warfare 1 and World at War, I simply cannot, in good faith, give this a good review. Time for a change, Activision. Expand
  63. Jan 31, 2013
    After playing the game for a bit longer, I have decided that my review was a bit harsh. The storyline is honestly not that bad (look at every other Call of Duty game past Modern Warfare and you'll get what I mean), and although the combat is still generic, it's still a quantum leap from anything Infinity Ward has churned out recently. In short, good game ruined by little to no innovation. (Oh, and on a side note, the people posting 1-point reviews just want to look cool. Trust me, I was like this when I was a kid too.) Expand
  64. Jan 31, 2013
    I played every title, that belong to the CoD-Universe. Some I like much, some not. What I can sure say, the genre is going down the drain. The single player BO2 is better than the BO. Especially in Germany where no original sound is possible. The single-player from BO2 is a bit boring. To much cut scenes where you cant do anything. The multi player is like, respawn & die, respawn & die, respawn & die, respawn & die, almost instantly. Levels a very small and cheats seen to bee always on. Expand
  65. Jan 22, 2013
    I was very excited about this game when I saw it at E3. Yet, to my disappointment, I found this game to be only mediocre. The graphics had absolutely no upgrade, and the multiplayer was just plain bad. The only fun thing you'll find in this game is the zombies mode, which I loved. everything else...well, just not the best COD game.
  66. Jan 20, 2013
    After 5 games with the same story, same online, same co op i am tired of the same thing every time.

Call of dury has more then 10 games so people is getting tired of it. 5
  67. Jan 19, 2013
    Total disappointment. MULTIPLAYER and co-op were my biggest reasons for getting this game, and it has been a horrible experience. The lag compensation will show you shooting dead on and getting a miss or shooting air and getting a kill. Not to mention, you will see yourself getting up to 4-5 shots off on your screen, but the killcam shows you didn
  68. Jan 18, 2013
    horrible this game. lagcompesation monster, ridiculously poorly designed maps, made for noobs
    Very bad game, it was fan of the beautiful Treyarch COD WAW ​​work, but she disappointed me this garbage
  69. Jan 14, 2013
    I am VERY disappointed at this game, it's the same trite formula with no to very little innovation. I have only played it about 5-6 hours total between single player, multilayer and zombies(which is actually okish) and wished I didn't waste $50 on this garbage. I have gone back to playing Modern Warfare 3. Multilayer is probably the part I hate the most, the maps are tiny! everyone just runs around shooting from this hip and it is cheap deaths around every corner. Zombies is the only redeeming feature of this game, it is ok, but not amazing. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING THIS GAME! Expand
  70. Jan 13, 2013
    Barely made through it. The game is pretty boring and the plot is weak. The modern part however is the only thing that drived me most. I guess if they eliminated "back-in-time" part completely it could be a much better game.
  71. Jan 12, 2013
    Worst game of the series. Complete nonsense and crap. After mw2 release only produce **** I wonder what will be in the next part :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  72. Jan 11, 2013
    OK, so it looks beautiful, stunning graphics on pc. I dont really play much multiplayer i prefer the campaigns. So i cant really speak for the online game. However, the campaign is bloody infuriating! there are just so so many cut scenes and half the time you are being literally walked through the game by an NPC, if i wanted to watch a bloody film i would have bought one! Half the time all you can do is follow! Then occasionally you are asked to stab someone in the back _ hooray I can move my arms again! Sometimes it gets so boring I try to shoot at hostiles whilst hiding, but oh no, you cant bloody do anything, just walk walk and follow npc! Agghhhh! Expand
  73. Jan 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Christmas, birthdays and Call of Duty come but once a year. Regardless of the gaming communities somewhat conflicted opinion on the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 offers a refreshingly futuristic look into what the series could offer. Not only does the 2025 theme complement the all out online warfare like a moth to a flame, but the campaign links beautifully with its predecessor and the infamous Zombies game mode returns packing even more of a punch!

The campaign mixes both its 2025 outlook and flashbacks to the Vietnam days of the original Black Ops game to create a compelling and action packed storyline that will immerse you into the world of David Mason who is rivalled against an old family foe, Raul Menendez. To accompany both are an arrangement of cybernetic machinery and an army to operate it. The idea of combining flashbacks linked to the predecessor and the 2025 storyline was ingenious and kept the campaign uplifting. The ability to introduce an RTS aspect to the Call of Duty series made a surprisingly comfortable fit and would benefit future games of the series to explore this aspect further.

The multiplayer side to Black Ops 2 is what many would class as the main attraction to any game within the series. Class customization, powerful weapons and no mercy killstreaks allow any soldier on the battlefield to rain hell from above. The all new create-a-class, or create-a-class- 2.0 as some are referring to as, allows you to fully customize your class to tailor your needs. Want 2 perks from the same slot? Go for it! Want 3 attachments to dominate the opposing team? Attach away with 10 points to appoint wherever you want them! With 14 multiplayer maps and an exclusive Nuketown 2025 map (only available with purchasing the Nuketown 2025 edition, Hardened Edition or the Care Package Edition), you can release carnage around the world!

Treyarch have also taken action towards the community helping keep the game clean and enjoyable for everyone to play by incorporating a report system that allows players to report people during the lobby for inappropriate language, inappropriate emblem, cheating or boosting.

The infamous Zombies mode is the home of guts, gore and all that is deemed gruesome and Treyarch have gone in all guns blazing with new maps, new guns and new game modes! The Grief game mode pits two team against each other who have the decision to work together against wave upon wave of zombies or to fight it out to be the last team standing! Tranzit takes you on a journey through 'Green Run' however the path you take is up to you. Walking would keep you fit and healthy to fight off masses of zombies but why not take the bus for a more pleasant trip to each of your destinations? The classic survival mode is also making its triumphant return due to it's addicting nature clearly proven from fans of the original Black Ops and with 4 maps to choose from, the zombies game mode in Black Ops 2 will suffice your entertainment needs!

The graphics Black Ops 2 has to offer are pleasing to the eye. Being a PC gamer, the PC version like many other games allows you to fully customize the graphical side to make sure that the game runs as smooth as possible. An additional option to the graphical side is the Field of View adjuster, or FoV, which allows you to change how much you can see on the screen at any one time. In previous Call of Duty games, an external application had to be downloaded and used in order to change the FoV so it is nice that Treyarch have shown some dedication to its PC fans.

Unfortunately, what prevents this game from a 10 is the ability for Treyarch to act upon certain annoyances which are shared throughout the community within the multiplayer side of Black Ops 2. Firstly, the effect of an EMP grenade on an enemy player is a ridiculous period of time, disabling the player from both their HUD and their killstreaks awaiting to be called in. Even with the perk 'Tactical Mask' which lowers the effect duration does not do a noticeable difference. Also, the reporting system can be used against a player for the simple reason of disliking them. The mode 'Ground War' is a 9v9 game mode and if an opposing team of 9 dislike a player, they can abuse the report system to suspend or ban an undeserving player.

However, the negative points I hope will not dampen your opinion of the game too much as a fellow gamer who has been playing this game since it's release in November 2012, will fully commit to stating Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 as one of the best in series so far.

Your move Infinity Ward.
  74. Jan 6, 2013
    If this wasn't a call of duty game, no one would have cared. The single player campaign is one of the most generic piles of manure I've had the misfortune to play. It's a shame because I actually enjoyed BLOPS1's single player campaign. The multiplayer is what you'd expect for a Call of Duty game. After nearly 5 years, not much has changed. Hopefully this franchise will die soon.
  75. Jan 6, 2013
    Odd, despite all of these negative reviews I must say that I really enjoyed the game and I played the first one as well. Good and interesting story. Great special effects and graphics. I've played a lot of shooter games, some good and some bad. This one is worth playing AND it has replay value. Oh well, I guess that I'm just easy to please, I suppose.
  76. Jan 3, 2013
    They should start naming Call of Duty games after the year they are made. For example, Call of Duty 2012 would be a more appropriate name, rather than Black Ops II, as Call of Duty 2012 denotes the yearly "updates" the call of duty franchise receives. As far as Call of Duty Black Ops II is concerned, everything has devolved. The graphics are like those found in internet flash games, the story is nowhere to be found. In the single player, you will be thrown straight into an action shooting gallery, with so many things happening in seconds, you will not be able to follow or to figure out what the hell is going on. People burn, but you can't figure out why some dude is getting burned in a furnace. They don't even tell you anything about the setting or what war your fighting or anything about anything. As far as I can tell, the single player is just there as filler, to justify the $60 price tag. The multilayer is the same, nothing is ever going to change it . If you've played Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, you've played them all. Now, I will take advantage of this page to recommend to you other games: Blacklight Retribution, Tribes Ascend or the upcoming game Warface by Crytek. All of these are free to play games available on Steam, or are going to be available in the future (Warface) that are better than Call of Duty and cost $0 dollars. It's time to start looking for alternatives, and fight the evil monopoly called Activision, pushing the name Call of Duty down our throats. If we keep paying them, they are going to be making quick cash out of the public: what's next, a cardboard box with the name "Call of Duty" slapped on it, but filled with rocks?!! Expand
  77. Jan 1, 2013
    treyarh brought the series to a new level. such work with the plot in shooters could only dream of, thanks to the nonlinearity you feel the main character. despite the old engine treyarh led process genre to new heights
  78. Jan 1, 2013
    Just an involution.. Very complicated history.. Fatal attempt as strategy .. Extremely lineal game..and very expensive .. I have been more time watching movies of history than playing; I bored a lot.
  79. Dec 31, 2012
    Just another overpriced Call of Duty DLC. Ancient engine, lame graphics, same guns, same generic story and game play from the last 4 games, one new thing though - lag compensation. For your money spent, you now get to unload full clips into the back of your enemy's head only to have them slowly turn, and one shot you - Activision's response, working as intended. The game deserves maybe a 3 for the zombie portion, but deserves a negative 10 for multiplayer game play, so I give it a zero. Expand
  80. Dec 31, 2012
    Blops 2 has some good things going for it, but they are completely offset by the horrific implementation of lag compensation. Because I have a fast connection and I live in the NYC metro area (which is probably close to many of Treyarch's dedicated servers) I had to play a lot with my router setup to make the game playable 50% of times; this was a big improvement from before as I was shooting rubber bullets almost 100% of times. And I'm not talking about port forwarding stuff- I actually had to limit my upload speed so that the Treyarch's servers would think that I have a crappy connection. But nobody should be jumping through hoops to make a $60 game to play as advertised. I almost miss MW3... Expand
  81. Dec 31, 2012
    not what I expect, Activision,Treyard gave less weight to online, for which it is famous. Single player(campaign) is better than multiplayer.We have a big development in Zombie mode
    Even there is no game so well made as much Modern Warfare 2.
  82. Dec 30, 2012
    Boring as hell, multiplayer is dull too. Why o why dont you go back to Cod2 style multiplayer servers instead of restricting players to your **** lobby setup. Idiots at blizzard cant stop **** up games. Living off reputation of games made 3 years ago and producing utter ****e. Bring back the original development team of cod because whoever is running the show now is useless.........
  83. Dec 29, 2012
    I haven't played the zombie mode yet, but I haven't been a fan of that since WaW. Single player..... You've played it before, with hollywood cliche near misses all the way through. Even some of the levels look repetitive, it's just boring really. If you want CoD for single player go back to CoD4. Multiplayer has got me hooked though, especially the close quarter maps. It just feels like a fresh of breathe air on the series, some may like it, most probably hate it but that's fine. A big disappointment is lack of dedicated servers, but the auto find game thing is really fast compared to MW2/3. I like this, but not as much as the original black ops, if you have that, you basically have this game minus future weapons etc. Expand
  84. Dec 28, 2012
    It's not a terrible game. In term sof graphics it's pretty darn good. In terms of gameplay and depth - it's chanelling 2004. Maybe it's just the franchise is getting very old. Maybe it's shooters in general are just too darn profligate that we are all getting jaded and bored with the same game over and over and over (and over and over) again. Maybe that's the case, but you can't forgive such simple gameplay and lack or tactical depth. Pretty poor but not awful. Expand
  85. Dec 25, 2012
    Ignore all the negativity you have been hearing about this game. Actually, believe some of it. Call Of Duty Black Ops II is potentially the most hyped up game of this year and also one of the most hated. But believe me, if your friends are still complaining that this CoD is too similar to the rest then they will never be pleased. This is the furthest you can go from typical CoD gameplay without turning into a different game. Black Ops II does have a dramatically improved campaign with far superior gameplay and story to all previous iterations. Black Ops II also makes use of cut scene's which look great but feel awfully disjointed from the story feeling like some scenes are missing. The ending stages of the campaign are amazing compared to the first few hours but it is super short. They clearly ran out of resources and crammed way to much in too short of a period. Overall the campaign is the best in the franchise but it still behind the likes of Halo and Gears of War. Multiplayer is great seeing some balancing tweaks and new features like the pick 10. Which works wonders. However some balancing tweaks are rendered useless due to there still being a huge number of overpowered and underpowered weapons and equipment. Maps also feel a little crowded, maybe just on PC and spawns are dreadful. The Multiplayer is good and maybe the best to some. But for me its just getting worse on the multiplayer side of things. Finally Zombies is great and works a treat featuring new modes like transit. Transit basically only adds travelling between multiple map area's but it feels fresh and is a lot of fun. Overall there isn't a whole lot to complain about in Black Ops II besides the fact it should be just a tad better. I give them props for doing so much in a relatively small cycle but it may have been more then they could chew. I give Black Ops II 7/10 Expand
  86. Dec 25, 2012
    The singleplayer portion of this game was absolutely amazing, the story more so than the gameplay, while black ops 1 had an amazing singleplayer too, black ops 2's campaign was just mind blowing. The multiplayer however, was new and somewhat fun, and it has stayed fun to this day, due to this being the PC version, there are much less issues with connection than the xbox360 version and therefore the online multiplayer mode is much better. The zombie mode was somewhat fun, but they didn't change it enough for me to consider it 'amazing'. Expand
  87. Dec 24, 2012
    Хорошая игра в серии,неплохой сюжет,интересный геймплей,но ужасная графика,мультиплеер затянет не на один десяток часов. Expand
  88. Dec 20, 2012
    We only buy Call of Duty for it's multiplayer, if you don't, you're insane. The Call of Duty name will be around for a long time and has really set the standard for FPS titles, but Black Ops 2 lacks, badly.. I found myself spending the first week hooked, being around low level players and enjoying the game. Now, I won't even load it and the icon is collecting dust on my desktop. This game is unbalanced, aggravating and extremely dull in terms of content. The maps feel cheap and there's a lot of mechanical flaws in terms of hit box detection on occasion. Overall, the population on PC has dipped, and at nights in North America it can be almost impossible to find matches for certain game modes. Black Ops 2 was just a measly disappointment. Expand
  89. Dec 20, 2012
    Waste of time , its 2012 and this game fails on almost all fronts, Graphics are so ugly even if you put everything maxed out // MWF3 is 10 times better
    Lots of lag issues + the things you do in game are not the same as in the kill-cam the game is almost 1-2 seconds off sync compaired to other players
    Graphics = 2
    Gameplay = 2 Sound = 1
    I voted this game 0 Points becuase its very bad !!!!
  90. Dec 18, 2012
    I can only look down and shake my head in pity to see what the CoD series have become. But I can also point and laugh at all the moronic fans trying to plunge their head into the sand with denial going "Lalalalala". That is, however, mainly peer-pressure in which I also shake my head in pity.
  91. Dec 15, 2012
    I've never played the original Black Ops, but I have played MW2 and MW3. As other people have said there is a lot of similarity in the campaigns of MW2/MW3. I think I like this particular version the best though as I like the storyline. I think this game did a good job telling a story unlike a lot of other shooter type games. The intro cinematic with the unforgettable "The NIght Will Always Win" sets up the story nicely. The fact your actions in the game change the trajectory of the story is a pro and con. Yes I like feeling my actions have some impact other than some predetermined storyline, but I also feel that to see the other alternate endings requires a bit too much tedious backtracking as you have to actually reverse your save game permanently to previous missions. You can't just select a previous mission, do something different and see the outcome. Some may say that adds to the replayability of this game, but I'm not sure single player campaigns are inherently very replayable. There is also very little prompting that you are making a storyline choice. I'm still a bit perplexed how to exactly get the "best ending."

The deployment missions where you control a group of soldiers, drones, and/or turrets aren't very enjoyable. The interface just seems clumsy and overly complex. Not sure why they wanted to add an elemental of a real time strategy game into a shooter as it didn't work in my opinion. They also have limited attempts to them which makes them just stressful to complete. If you don't successfully complete all of those extra missions, then you won't get the best ending. I think the graphics are pretty good, and there are some levels that I felt were done especially well like the floating man made resort, and Afghanistan. The level designs apart from those deployment missions are pretty good, but linear. For the most part each mission was immersive, and enjoyable. There were occasions where I felt frustrated with the controls especially during parts of the game that involved things other than shooting (I.e. rock climbing, jet piloting etc)

I don't play the multiplayer portions of MW games primarily as I think they are inherently imbalanced, and I probably lack the skill to compensate for that. I did however enjoy MW co-op missions which are noticeably absent from this game. The zombie add-on is pretty much an afterthought.

Overall, I know this game probably doesn't have the freshest content out there, and yes I do take some objection to the price for previously used game engines, but the single player campaign is probably one of the best single player shooter campaigns I've played. I kind of felt like I paid 90 dollars for a very immersive and enjoyable movie with a good storyline where I had some control over the plot.
  92. Dec 14, 2012
    I didn't particularly like Black Ops 1 but I finished the campaign and played the hell out of the multiplayer, Black Ops II on the other hand is nothing short of a terrible game. The graphics in this day and age are down right embarrassing. Makes you appreciate what EA did for the PC community with BF3. The cinematic intro at the beginning's lip sync is way off & the character models look deformed. This engine is on its last legs. I've bought Call of Duty since 1 on the PC, skipped COD3 as I had no console. I've always played the campaign through first then started the multiplayer. Black Ops II's campaign is something to avoid, It is just a Michael Bay movie, pumped with testosterone, then turned into a game. The characters are unlikable, story is utterly confusing that multiple times i'll get to the point where I'm often wondering why I'm in this location & what am I doing. I'm 4 missions in and haven't touched the game in weeks. Any other Call of Duty I would finish the campaign in less than a week, I doubt i'll play it again.
    Multiplayer is nothing new, though unless you have an SMG or something with rapid fire, you're going to have a bad time with the hid detection being off/completely different to any other COD. It's just black ops 1 re-skinned with more "features" or "downgrades" as I would call them, move along.
  93. Dec 14, 2012
    very bad game with the graphics of the 1988 year when gorbachev make perestroika. Only fools buy this game. Compare with battlefield 3 possible say that this game a peace of **** Red price of this game 10 cent in market day. Gameplay very poor and boring.
  94. Dec 8, 2012
    Feels like the same old CoD all over again. Really disappointing graphics on the PC. Poor widescreen support and all for a hefty price. Wishing I didn't spend my money on this game now.
  95. Dec 8, 2012
    I bought the game for 95 złotych it's like 33 US $. Good price so I started playing the campaign and it felt terrible. Bugs, glitches not running smoothly on my PC. I have a i5-2500, GF 560, 8 GB Ram Win7 and the game was running like crap. BF3 on highest runs well this crap uses the same engine since CoD4 and I can't run it properly ... stop playing after 6 missions.
    Then there is
    the Multi... cheaters, laggs all the time and even more glitches. Got to the first prestige but you can't play without lags gor 20 Mbit Internet Connection and I have lag... ALWAYS! No problems on BO1, MW3, MW2 or BF3 only on BO2. The game is a huge let down. Don't buy it it's a waste of money. for 59$ you can get BF3 Premium much more worth it! Expand
  96. Dec 7, 2012
    Worst Call of Duty game ever. Treyarch did it again. I don't know if Treyarch is trying to ruin Call of Duty, but they're doing quite good. Everything in this game is just terrible. They did well on World at War, but since then, they have just done awful, especially on this game. The guns are awful. The maps are boring. There are way too many camper spots. There are not enough challenges and the prestige rewards are boring. Treyarch, goodbye from me. Expand
  97. Dec 7, 2012
    This and all other War Games are bad.
    It's a product of capitalist patriot Americans.
    I don't like America and it's kind of style.
    Europe is infested of America.
  98. Dec 7, 2012
    The same thing again!!! Anything new in multiplayer, and the single player whit dx11 grpahics,.. well i dont know where... it seems that the game was made in a hurry! If you buy only because the multiplayer, and know no one more go play mw3, buy this crap!
  99. Dec 5, 2012
    Nothing new, just for the guys who played black ops I and want to follow the story,i am a lil disapointed thou because i wanted more missions, its too short, the new and good stuff its that well you got different finales. Didnt like too much the gameplay, (compared to modern warfare versions, multiplayer its gayish with aaaalll those new gadgets but its funny thou with friends, its a different type of strategy. This Christmas if I choose between cod black ops II or Battlefield 3 I definetly choose Battlefield 3. Expand
  100. Dec 5, 2012
    Nothing really new. Campaign was alright but linear. Multiplayer takes no skill to play. Like CoD farmville so long as you pack a SMG w/ laser. Hit detection is garbage. No dedicated servers after PC players have been on about them since MW2. Host will always win so long as he has a brain and can push buttons. Very host-dependent. Imbalanced and not worth paying $60 for.

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]