3.9

1. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER!

Only played single player campaign!
    Can't talk about multiplayer gameplay!

-Cons: 1. Outdated graphics 2. Avarage AI (Friendly NPCs are absolutely useless, enemy NPCs are too static etc.) 3. Avarage story and overlong cutscenes 4. Almost every character is a cliché (Evil Arabs, Africans and South Americans, badass US soldiers) 5. Imperfect Strike Force commands 6. Gameplay is too scripted 7. Maps are too small and overcrowded with NPCs

Pros: 1. Weapon customization 2.Still better than MW3:Warfighter...
  2. Mar 7, 2013
    Hated MW2. Hated MW3. I was able to try this one for a short time. Couldn't wait to get angry and start raging on how bad this series is, and so off I played. After playing for 2 days of experiencing and trying basically enough, I have to say this...it has improved. It hurts me to say, but it has few improvements over the previous games. First of, I liked how the perks are extremely fewHated MW2. Hated MW3. I was able to try this one for a short time. Couldn't wait to get angry and start raging on how bad this series is, and so off I played. After playing for 2 days of experiencing and trying basically enough, I have to say this...it has improved. It hurts me to say, but it has few improvements over the previous games. First of, I liked how the perks are extremely few and unlike the previous, which many were useless and only few were good, now we get few perks and almost none are that useful and actually work as "perks". Instead, some of the "old" perks are now some sort of "attachments" to weapons which are unlocked by using them more often, and in here we also get the levels for weapons, which is a nice addition. They tried hard to balance the game, even by limiting our perks, weapons, attachments and everything with a limit of 10...which balances things....I guess? Weapons are still rather similar but they TRIED to make them different this time and I noticed few differences while using some of them...like one would give less recoil...another would do more...but the same damage...? Arenas have improved as well: we get colors! Few, but it's so great to find more than 2 colors in an arena, without mentioning that I haven't played that many matches with campers (there were, but nothing impossible to counter). And jokes aside, they tried to make most of the arenas trying to be careful on blind corners...which unfortunely still are present, showing either that it's programming fault or their own choice. People will either think I'm joking or being serious but to be honest, the answer is just one: this game is still horrible, and that's no joke. While it has improvements over the others, it's still not worth a single cent on this game: weapons are still too similar and have the biggest fault of having no need to aim at all: just shoot and you'll kill (you might need to aim only on long distances); arenas, while cured a little more, show how graphics are HORRIBLE and simply unacceptable and while I accepted the graphics of the previous games, this one is totally unworthy of attention. And campers are still around in some arenas, so it's not fixed yet; balancing of the classes is still far from being even remotely good, letting us customize with just tons of useless perks (even if fewer than previous games) and overpowered killstreaks, which works with points instead of kills, but still can be a gamebreaker pretty easily and without letting you escape. This game is just mediocre, like the previous games, and while it may be a good purchase this time, the game is still expensive like day 1 and, in all honesty, you can spend those euros/dollars for much better games (and cheaper as well). If you ever find this game on discount (not gonna happen) you might give it a try and maybe even having fun until the next installment arrives (after that, this game literally dies). But seriously, if you want to play an arena based fps, with lots of weapons, with very low graphics, no real physics and simply fast pacing gaming....play either Quake 3 arena or Unreal tournament. Expand
  3. Mar 25, 2013
    Call of Duty PC=a big load of donkey Sh*t. There's nothing more to say then that.
  4. Dec 1, 2012
    Writing a review for this game is lost time: I must say the same things as any other post-CoD4 Call of Duty: bad graphics, bad gameplay, bad multiplayer.. we are in 2012 but still stuck at 2007. Nothing new, nothing positive.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is even worse than previous titles!!! Graphics again from 2006, extreme boring single player and practically same multiplayer as always. 10 enemies respawning behind your back all the time. Again DLC and not a full game.
  6. May 10, 2013
    Lets start the story, first i love fps games, but since CS i stoped play. Last year I buy BF3 and CSGO, but I was willing some COD, becouse that franchise are so famous.

This weak i play this game for free, and cant belive why people buy so much this game. The gameplay are horrible, the character moviment is a joke. The animations is like games from 10 years ago. The weapon is so

The weapon is so artificial, Battlefield is so much professional than COD. COD has the worst fake gameplay ever. Dont buy this game just becouse that is famous.
  7. Dec 28, 2012
    It's not a terrible game. In term sof graphics it's pretty darn good. In terms of gameplay and depth - it's chanelling 2004. Maybe it's just the franchise is getting very old. Maybe it's shooters in general are just too darn profligate that we are all getting jaded and bored with the same game over and over and over (and over and over) again. Maybe that's the case, but you can't forgiveIt's not a terrible game. In term sof graphics it's pretty darn good. In terms of gameplay and depth - it's chanelling 2004. Maybe it's just the franchise is getting very old. Maybe it's shooters in general are just too darn profligate that we are all getting jaded and bored with the same game over and over and over (and over and over) again. Maybe that's the case, but you can't forgive such simple gameplay and lack or tactical depth. Pretty poor but not awful. Expand
  8. Sep 1, 2013
    On consoles its just okay but on PC its horrible. The campaign is as bad as ever but even bloody worse than the 360 with bugs that weren't in the 360 or even PS3 versions are less buggy and the zombies mode and multiplayer is bad because of no split-screen and online its totally for n00bs and no dedicated servers on a PC game WTF and i bloody payed £40 for it
  9. Aug 15, 2013
    While this game is very addicting, I give this game a 3 for the fact that it's essentially the same game just with a twist. Still raging 12 year olds on MP after you kill them, same perks and killstreaks that just cause frustration after you've worked so hard to get then just to be killed by a camper. The weapons are all the same, they just all shoot really fast, hell, the shotguns canWhile this game is very addicting, I give this game a 3 for the fact that it's essentially the same game just with a twist. Still raging 12 year olds on MP after you kill them, same perks and killstreaks that just cause frustration after you've worked so hard to get then just to be killed by a camper. The weapons are all the same, they just all shoot really fast, hell, the shotguns can kill long range.... LONG RANGE FOR A SHOTGUN! And the snipers are even better at close range. And referring back to the kids screaming on the mic, on all of the servers I played on, they were saying that this is the most realistic game on the market, if you want realism in a military game, play ArmA 2! How is this game realistic? The die if you get knifed in the foot, no bullet drop, what so ever, perks that let you reload faster and not appear on a UAV, only 2 attachments allowed for your gun, the list goes on. This is possibly the most overrated game I have ever played, some how being more overrated than Zelda and Halo. Do not buy this game, spend your money on a good game like Half Life. Expand
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    I can only look down and shake my head in pity to see what the CoD series have become. But I can also point and laugh at all the moronic fans trying to plunge their head into the sand with denial going "Lalalalala". That is, however, mainly peer-pressure in which I also shake my head in pity.
  11. Jul 13, 2013
    Single player is "ok"... But Multiplayer is just too bad. The only decent game was CoD4, but after that, it went downhill. I don't see a reason in buying any CoD. The reason BF4 has way more pre-orders than Ghosts says enough.
  12. Apr 23, 2013
    Black Ops 2 uses recycled ideas of sci-fi that Battlefield 2142 already accomplished back in 2006. This game is way too late to a series that is burning out fast. Same engine, done future weapons, simple level design, arbitrary recycled level-up system. Pass it, demand something fresh than the same tweaked recycled game every year. Baaaa Baa sheep.
  13. Jun 3, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is one of the worst game I've ever played in my life. Well, I am one of the most stupid person alive right now. I paid 120 bucks for this game. Spent 250 hours of IN-GAME time on this bullcrap. Until I met Battlefield. I run my games on a 3470 and 7970, so don't compare your "lousy cod graphics" to at least the Crysis (1) back in 2007. This game lacks theCall of Duty: Black Ops II is one of the worst game I've ever played in my life. Well, I am one of the most stupid person alive right now. I paid 120 bucks for this game. Spent 250 hours of IN-GAME time on this bullcrap. Until I met Battlefield. I run my games on a 3470 and 7970, so don't compare your "lousy cod graphics" to at least the Crysis (1) back in 2007. This game lacks the diversity of new things, and each year i am basically buying back the same game OVER AND OVER AGAIN. With just some newer (and boring) things over and over again.

I love the irony in the Xbox ONE live reveal show, I spent 3 hours of my life hearing to TV shows, how to navigate with the Xbox one, then comes the Call of Duty: Ghosts reveal.

Mantling like in BF3, slide like in Crysis and swim through fishes like in Mario. Like seriously, the engine is still the same f*cking engine. No way on Earth am I purchasing the game if it doesn't have a bigger fanbase in my region.

IW, TREYARCH, ACTIVISION, the 3 MOST EVIL COMPANIES TO EVER EXIST.

(Btw guys, don't ever listen to critics like IGN, you hear it from the majority of the players (us) in the community and User section of this website. They are paid to give higher ratings. 9.3 from IGN for CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2??!! WHAT A BIG FAT LIE)
  14. May 10, 2013
    The most biggest steaming piece of S*** I've played for a long time. Campers & Hackers that's what this game is about. I'm never going to play this garbage ever again and i recommend that no-one should try it either.
  15. Jun 21, 2013
    GOD THIS GAME IS BORING. The single player is just your generic shoot everything that moves and the multiplayer is so simple that playing it causes your brain cells to die. There is no punishment in the multiplayer so you never really feel like your being challenged and you will quickly get tired of the small and simple maps.
  16. Mar 16, 2013
    I was going to buy this game for sure as I really liked BO1, but after the release before I got to a shop several my friends advised me not to buy this game as it's totally sucks... I usually don't take anything on trust and usually recheck the info by my own, but after my bro said it sucks, I decided not to buy and wait until the game fully patched. And several months after on Steam II was going to buy this game for sure as I really liked BO1, but after the release before I got to a shop several my friends advised me not to buy this game as it's totally sucks... I usually don't take anything on trust and usually recheck the info by my own, but after my bro said it sucks, I decided not to buy and wait until the game fully patched. And several months after on Steam I had possibility to try the MP during weekends. I tried... Maaaaaa, what a facepalm: graphics sucks totally, weapons suck, maps nothing special, and... already up with cheaters... Cool... I played 3hrs and deleted it without any doubt. After that I decided to look at SP, of course I had to pirate it, a there's no demo, and MP showed the game sucks totally. SP I deleted even not finishing first level same graphics (OMG ITS 2012 already, even MW3 has better graphics than BO2 how can it be?!!), stupid uninteresting plot for 9-year old kids, control sucks. So after all I'd like to thank my friends for warning, Steam for free ability to see there's nothing to lose even in MP. I really love CoD series since first MW (I had no possibility to play earlier CoD games), but BO2 is a big leap back to the 90s, the game sucks totally.
    0 score is max for the game.
  17. Nov 8, 2014
    OK graphics, but a bad game. I have tried online for a little time, and i gave up because of these horrible online maps. And those frustrating weapons with bad design... The voice acting on Black Ops 2 sounds unrealistic too.

I am not recommending you to try this game!
  18. Nov 15, 2012
    Utterly crap. I know this will get hyped as always from the likes of IGN etc. The Game was overhyped, is overpriced, horribly mainstream and just not fun.
  19. Apr 5, 2013
    This is the worst FPS I have ever played. I was expecting it to be bad, but not as bad as this. The campaign is rubbish, the AI are retarded, and everything was buggy. I couldn't get past the first level because nothing wanted to work and all the enemies ran towards you despite a ton of allies nearby. Multiplayer is slightly better, but nothing new. Maps are generic. Zombies is the onlyThis is the worst FPS I have ever played. I was expecting it to be bad, but not as bad as this. The campaign is rubbish, the AI are retarded, and everything was buggy. I couldn't get past the first level because nothing wanted to work and all the enemies ran towards you despite a ton of allies nearby. Multiplayer is slightly better, but nothing new. Maps are generic. Zombies is the only step up. Much more stuff in it and better maps. Tranzit is pretty cool. The graphics are crap. Absolute crap. It looks like the kind of game that was released in 2005 (Im playing on High graphics).
    I am very disappointed, what a waste of money. I guess it would be better for consoles, since it has lousy graphics. If you want a FPS game that's has graphics, a campaign and guns, get this.
  20. Nov 14, 2012
    If you keep buying crap, then they will keep making crap.........When will gamers learn how to vote with their wallets? Right now the devs who basically made some cheap dlc for idiots who will buy anything with the "COD" brand on the box , are laughing their asses off all the way to the bank.......
  21. Jul 5, 2013
    Bought this game on release date to this day i still havent played one single online match due to constant disconnects this is the very very last time i ever buy anything todo with call of duty ever again i seriously will have nuthing todo with anything call of duty do not buy this game under any circumstances just look at the user review scores save urself the money and go buy sumthing else
  22. Nov 14, 2012
    Modern Warfare was the last game for me in this series: until Activision can demonstrate how the series has changed significantly (and thus makes a more compelling experience) I won't be throwing any more money into the same game with a different front.
  23. Jul 30, 2013
    Very disappointing singleplayer. Too easy, too short, generic, pseudo hollywood presentation which contrasts with the rather outdated graphics. The multiplayer is not much better, entertaining for a few hours, but very hectical and spammed with hackers only two months after initial release. My last purchase in the Call of Duty franchise, a series which has gotten more and more repetitiveVery disappointing singleplayer. Too easy, too short, generic, pseudo hollywood presentation which contrasts with the rather outdated graphics. The multiplayer is not much better, entertaining for a few hours, but very hectical and spammed with hackers only two months after initial release. My last purchase in the Call of Duty franchise, a series which has gotten more and more repetitive and has been deteriorating with every release since Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Expand
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turnedThis game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turned into a $100 per year subscription service. If you value the video game industry and are tired of being taken advantage of, stop giving in and play games that are actually GOOD for a change. Expand
  25. Nov 18, 2012
    A bad console port to PC. Inflated price for a re-hash of older CoD games. Same 'on rails' single player experience. In MP you need to hit someone a few times with a LMG with FMJ bullets, in HC mode, to kill them. Not the CoD experience I am used to... Feels more like the normal mode, but worse. Good to see lean/peak is back to CoD. But worst of all is.... No dedicated servers! WTF?!!!A bad console port to PC. Inflated price for a re-hash of older CoD games. Same 'on rails' single player experience. In MP you need to hit someone a few times with a LMG with FMJ bullets, in HC mode, to kill them. Not the CoD experience I am used to... Feels more like the normal mode, but worse. Good to see lean/peak is back to CoD. But worst of all is.... No dedicated servers! WTF?!!! Which means it is difficult to find a game for MP and/or will get disconnected when host leaves. Unacceptable!!! And you are at the mercy of Activi$ion. No way to kick chaters, mod a server (even within the game rules etc...). Last CoD purchase for me ever. Will probably revert to Cod 4 and even BO. CoD 4 remains the best to this day. Strange thing is I would have paid more for new versions of CoD. Or just new maps or enhancements of the versions already there. You lost me for good now, Activi$ion! I am a PC gamer! Edit: An update as it really bugs me: 12 player multiplayer? Are **** me Activi$ion?!!! And the lag encountered on matchmaking is really annoying. Some of the animation and models are v. cartooney compared with previous CoD's. Don't buy this **** Can't believe I am supporting an EA game, but if you have money to burn, buy BF3 or buy Red Orchestra 2, buy COD 4! Stay well away from this. We are PC gamers! Edit #2: So I am not accused for criticising without trying it. After playing MP for 5 days, I can confirm CoD is dead. It took until all/most perks and addons were unlocked. Now almost every game is won by one or two guys running around with knives. There is no balance in the game anymore. There is no fun. You can blame it on my inexperience, but I am a decent player. I didn't think I would be playing for too long this sad excuse of a game, but to not last even a week.... I repeat! Don't buy this **** This is a poor console game - leave it to consoles. We are PC gamers! Expand
  26. Aug 16, 2013
    This is a really bad game and marks the death hopefully of COD as we know it dictating a total revamp of the series. I got halfway through the campaign and even though I usually finish most games couldn't drag myself to the end of this and uninstalled it. Skip all the annoying Strikeforce missions which just detract from a nonsensical and poorly written story in the campaign. The campaignThis is a really bad game and marks the death hopefully of COD as we know it dictating a total revamp of the series. I got halfway through the campaign and even though I usually finish most games couldn't drag myself to the end of this and uninstalled it. Skip all the annoying Strikeforce missions which just detract from a nonsensical and poorly written story in the campaign. The campaign is tedious and just over the top and missions consist of you running around in overblown Hollywood epic cutscenes and your interaction with the story/mission is minimal. The first Black Ops although not requiring any intelligence (but then you don't play these games to further your intellect) was at least an enjoyable romp through bits of history. The flashbacks to the 80s are the only mildly entertaining aspect of this game, the action set in 2025 is just boring and often confusing, it would be nice if you could skip it and just play the 80s missions. Pick it up for $5 in a sale but otherwise DO NOT pay $60 it is DEFINITELY not worth it Expand
  27. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the worst shooters I've ever played. I'm extremely sorry I got this even on sale from Steam. It's the exact same as every other Call of Duty game with nothing that makes it stand out as worth the money.
  28. Jul 16, 2013
    Bad game Be ready to run across the map in 5 seconds becouse autistic cod kids need to be shooting every second else the game sucks Weapons sound bad graphics still suck maps still suck unrealistic wep camos lower the score by 2
  29. Jan 5, 2014
    Black ops II, um no thanks. Not a fan of Treyarch developers period. If you want a real good CoD game stick with Infinity Ward developers..the original developers since the very first CoD. Black Ops games use a modified version of the IW engine, and personally they really screwed the pooch altering it. The last good CoD games are the original Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.Black ops II, um no thanks. Not a fan of Treyarch developers period. If you want a real good CoD game stick with Infinity Ward developers..the original developers since the very first CoD. Black Ops games use a modified version of the IW engine, and personally they really screwed the pooch altering it. The last good CoD games are the original Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. Treyarch just doesn't do a good job in balancing mechanics, maps, physics, etc. It feels odd and blah compared to Infinity Ward's design, it feels cheap. My recommendations for a CoD game for multiplayer..MW1,MW2,MW3. Stay away from black ops, that's coming from a person that has played them all completely through online. Expand
  30. Mar 26, 2013
    Guys guys guys THIS GAME IS NOT OPTIMIZED.
    Runs quite badly on a HD6850 and an AMD Athlon II X2 255 3.0 GHz Dual-Core and 4 GB of RAM and in some crappy laptop of a friend that can barely run TF2 it runs great. Unbelievable.

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]