3.9

1. Nov 20, 2012
    Call of duty series were good before they started making the same games over and over again and people buying the same game all over and over again expecting **** to change. Call of duty has yet chance to clear there made mistakes but i don't think they will realize that unless people will stop buying the games from them.
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    This game is perfect its nonlinearity is already a miracle for this series.Appeared a lot of many things/ TREYARCH I am glad that brings a new try to do something as opposed to Atctivision.Music is very beutifull.Oh graphics too old but she is saved by design of Future.Story - 9. Sense with numbers somewhere go out.Reznov ..... so real or not.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Okay. It's another COD game. What do people expect? You can only put so much innovation in a first person shooter. All in all, I like this game on the 360, but it sucks on PC. Essentially, it is another console game released for the PC that is broken. In short, it is another Dark Souls. I will never purchase another PC game on the day of release ever again.
  4. Nov 20, 2012
    I've only played multiplayer,but a lot of things seem like a rerun of the first Black Ops. Most weapons feel like a reskin of the ones from BO1,with a few new additions,the graphics are a bit above average IMO,but the optimization is horrible,considering that Hitman Absolution runs a lot better on my rig and the graphics are beyond comparison. You could think that after so many Call OfI've only played multiplayer,but a lot of things seem like a rerun of the first Black Ops. Most weapons feel like a reskin of the ones from BO1,with a few new additions,the graphics are a bit above average IMO,but the optimization is horrible,considering that Hitman Absolution runs a lot better on my rig and the graphics are beyond comparison. You could think that after so many Call Of Duty games,which are basically the same since Modern Warfare 2,they would get the balance right already. Nope,it's still fu**ed. On the bright side,the new create-a-class system is definitely worth mentioning because of it's flexibility and the possibilites it gives. I haven't explored this game too much since I don't own,I only played on my friends account for about 2 hours,but I've played every other CoD and this one is no different,which is it's biggest flaw unfortunately. However,I wouldn't agree with the MasterOfMetroid,this one is a lot better than Modern Warfare 3 and if you,by some miracle,haven't played CoD,especially since Modern Warfare 2,it's worth trying out,just for God's sake,don't buy it before you try it. I'm just going to give it a generous 3,because I would be less dissapointed with it then with MW3. Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    Every year COD creates a game using the same formula. easy game + lots of pointless rewards + lots of unlocks + super cool kill streaks = a game that will sell a **** tone of copies day 1 and keep people occupied until they release the next cod. NO support for their games, no community outreach, no intent to create a challenging game. THESE FRANCHISE MODEL NEEDS TO DIE.
  6. Nov 21, 2012
    First of all i have to say, that game itself is good. Nice campaign, nice zombies. But Trearch just cheated me - they said that Nuketown 2025(the best map in CoD for me) will be avallible 24/7. Now they wrote that they will launch this map only on special ocassions. So I think that mark 3/10 is fair.
  7. Nov 21, 2012
    Just another call of duty of the assembly line. They spent some time making new maps and then called it black ops 2, anyone who buys this game should really reconsider, just think you are paying $59.99 for download content. I for one will never pay $59.99 for download content.
  8. Nov 21, 2012
    the game is a piece of **** frafichs from 2009 ,is just the first cod black ops in the future. but now, you will have a more short campaign(yes, it is possible) , a horrible multiplayer, a horrible futurist immersion, a horrible art direction, a horrible graphics, a horrible ambiance, i will resume for you: a horrible that millions of childs will buy and millions of old fans will buy andthe game is a piece of **** frafichs from 2009 ,is just the first cod black ops in the future. but now, you will have a more short campaign(yes, it is possible) , a horrible multiplayer, a horrible futurist immersion, a horrible art direction, a horrible graphics, a horrible ambiance, i will resume for you: a horrible that millions of childs will buy and millions of old fans will buy and get disappointed Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2012
    Campaign story is so bad it makes Uwe Boll seem like Spielberg, graphics look like they took a step back from MW3 and cant quite put my finger on it but there's something about multilayer that just feels off and not in any positive way. I am usually a fan of CoD but it looks like this time the haters were right this game is a big waste of 60$ and a giant leap back for the franchise
  10. Nov 23, 2012
    Call of duty fanatic - full prestige player on all COD - this game black ops 2 is well well well below par - lost their way in multiplayer mode -respawning is just untrue, hopefully can get my money back from the shop I purcahsed from. Poor people that payed over 70 pounds for bonus stuff is just pure robbery - This game will go down in history of all COD as BAD beyond BAD! Will put theCall of duty fanatic - full prestige player on all COD - this game black ops 2 is well well well below par - lost their way in multiplayer mode -respawning is just untrue, hopefully can get my money back from the shop I purcahsed from. Poor people that payed over 70 pounds for bonus stuff is just pure robbery - This game will go down in history of all COD as BAD beyond BAD! Will put the word out to all freinds who expect it for XMAS, GOOD LUCK Expand
  11. Feb 1, 2013
    Oh god make it stop. My problem with the game is not so much as there isn't anything new (although there isnt), but how lazily, sloppily, and crappily this crap box was put together. Rather than innovating a 'renowned' franchise and creating a thrilling sequel, they managed to do a minor UI change, switch around the guns, add a few maps that were mostly ripped off of the campaign, andOh god make it stop. My problem with the game is not so much as there isn't anything new (although there isnt), but how lazily, sloppily, and crappily this crap box was put together. Rather than innovating a 'renowned' franchise and creating a thrilling sequel, they managed to do a minor UI change, switch around the guns, add a few maps that were mostly ripped off of the campaign, and slap together a rushed storyline to sell the multiplayer. And the multiplayer sucked anyway. You run around and spray bullets at random people that pop up while sprinting through pre-memorized paths. Trust me, I've played the Call of Duty series before, and while I did love Modern Warfare 1 and World at War, I simply cannot, in good faith, give this a good review. Time for a change, Activision. Expand
  12. Dec 1, 2012
    Writing a review for this game is lost time: I must say the same things as any other post-CoD4 Call of Duty: bad graphics, bad gameplay, bad multiplayer.. we are in 2012 but still stuck at 2007. Nothing new, nothing positive.
  13. Nov 24, 2012
    Stop saying that black ops 2 have nothing new. this game is really good, they added lot of new stuff. You can choose your loadout before the mission, new RTS gameplay missions, new stuff in multiplayer and the polished ''zombies''.... SP is not boring, i dit not find any lag or hackers on the multiplayer. Some players may say that the gameplay is the same because of the engine, but blackStop saying that black ops 2 have nothing new. this game is really good, they added lot of new stuff. You can choose your loadout before the mission, new RTS gameplay missions, new stuff in multiplayer and the polished ''zombies''.... SP is not boring, i dit not find any lag or hackers on the multiplayer. Some players may say that the gameplay is the same because of the engine, but black ops 2 offers much more than other call of duties.... one of the best games of the franchise, its expensive, but its a must buy game. Expand
  14. Nov 24, 2012
    So, let starts from where we should. It's campaign, is great, based on 2025 and in the old times. Zombies, is zombies, like always, a great job. Then Multiplayer, it's not a "WOAAAAAAAAAAAAH", but it's fine overall, maybe some damn campers or knife runners but that doesn't ruin your experience. People that cries about graphics is just noob, tell me one game that doesn't reuses sound andSo, let starts from where we should. It's campaign, is great, based on 2025 and in the old times. Zombies, is zombies, like always, a great job. Then Multiplayer, it's not a "WOAAAAAAAAAAAAH", but it's fine overall, maybe some damn campers or knife runners but that doesn't ruin your experience. People that cries about graphics is just noob, tell me one game that doesn't reuses sound and models / textures. If you go crying around graphics but not gameplay then you need to kill yourself.

Game is fine, it could've been better.
  15. Nov 24, 2012
    This game is beyond horrible. Game engine, graphics and gameplay feel the exact same since Call of Duty 4. If you are an FPS gamer grab Battlefield 3 or Borderlands 2 if you want some rpg elements as well. Take yourmoney elsewhere cause Call of Duty is dead. Been dead forever.
  16. Nov 24, 2012
    a fine direction to become the best from the franchise ever...
    +60fps
    now the the minus
    -Strike Force mode is sucks
    -stupid A.I
  17. Nov 25, 2012
    As an avid MW3 fan, I fell victim to the hype of BO II. What a HUGE let down this game turned out to be. It's clunky, sluggish and just nothing new over anything before it. There is so much cut-scene that you spend a lot of time watching the game as opposed to playing it. The story is weak and twist after twist makes the plot irrelevant. The controls are confusing (PC) and "sync everyAs an avid MW3 fan, I fell victim to the hype of BO II. What a HUGE let down this game turned out to be. It's clunky, sluggish and just nothing new over anything before it. There is so much cut-scene that you spend a lot of time watching the game as opposed to playing it. The story is weak and twist after twist makes the plot irrelevant. The controls are confusing (PC) and "sync every frame" is set on by default which will make some users experience screen and mouse lag. The save game logic needs fixing as it appears you never restart the game at the point you left off. The game comes with "auto aim" so no need to ADS unless you have a sniper rifle which is a huge failing.

There is little, if anything, good about BO II for COD MW3 players and the user community will not tolerate this much longer. I think Activision need to know that this release of BO II has hurt them tremendously. It's very hard for me NOT to believe they cashed in with a poor, under-performing and over-hyped product.

For MW3 owners, this is a step backwards. A Rating of 1 is VERY kind.
  18. Nov 28, 2012
    Having played every COD to date and hating the last few, The multiplayer is definitely a downgrade from BLOPS1 as I was expecting. But I was surprised at how well done the single player campaign is in BLOPS2. Was expecting a constant over-the-top BS extremeness level throughout the whole campaign, but it was paced quite well with some slower stealthy parts, and I enjoyed the story moreHaving played every COD to date and hating the last few, The multiplayer is definitely a downgrade from BLOPS1 as I was expecting. But I was surprised at how well done the single player campaign is in BLOPS2. Was expecting a constant over-the-top BS extremeness level throughout the whole campaign, but it was paced quite well with some slower stealthy parts, and I enjoyed the story more than BLOPS 1 and in fact every other call of duty so far. The motion captured animation and facial animation has a big part to play in this. The dialogue was also a big improvement.

I think the real reason why I liked this was the believably "semi" futuristic setting and technology. I got a definite Deus-Ex:Human Revolution vibe from this game. The gunplay was solid/snappy, and the perks/modification system featured throughout the campaign, which lets you play missions with the weapons you want.

Another improvement was that there weren't any more infinitely spawning enemies, There never was a moment where I grew frustrated merely from being overwhelmed by numbers or explosive spam, which was common in previous COD SPs.

Graphically this game is really a step up, and there is a huge noticeable difference. They dont shy away from color, and the game looks very nice and detailed. I also thought the music was pretty decent. However, a lot of the guns sound the same (a bit tinny).

But most people play COD for the Multiplayer and I have to say that it sucks. The good old MP days of COD 1, 2 & 4 are well and truly gone, as this is just another iteration of MP that has got it more and more wrong.

The MP has been disappointing so far; Most weapons are simply too accurate and powerful, which boils down to highest rate of fire/mag capacity usually winning. Some of the perks and attachments are easily exploitable. The maps are also a bit too porous and very easily campable, and the spawning system is not ideal. The hit registration seems off/delayed. It is very clear that this is a casual shooter designed so that anyone can easily get a lot of kills, and the skill cieling is not very high.

There is no server browser and the UI doesnt map well to PC in many parts. You cant see your ping, and servers are joined through matchmaking or partying. Half the servers I have joined have recurring lag spikes every 2 seconds, and I am not the only one experiencing this. Sensitivity settings are not fine-grained and low enough (no dev console), and FOV is capped at 90. However, there is greater weapon, perk and build variety.

Overall this game has an engaging single player, but the multiplayer is lacking. If you are a fan of futuristically themed SPs, give it a try. However, if you are looking for a solid competitive FPS, you are better off looking elsewhere.
  19. May 25, 2013
    Meh... They've tried to do something, but it's the same thing over again. Old graphics. MP is boring and almost exactly the same, small generic and boring looking maps with campers and annoying people. Campaign is just...just *BLARGH* The same cliche American soldiers saving the world crap. Zero innovation. If you want a FPS experience, go find a good ol' fashioned copy of TimeSplittersMeh... They've tried to do something, but it's the same thing over again. Old graphics. MP is boring and almost exactly the same, small generic and boring looking maps with campers and annoying people. Campaign is just...just *BLARGH* The same cliche American soldiers saving the world crap. Zero innovation. If you want a FPS experience, go find a good ol' fashioned copy of TimeSplitters or a copy of BF, Perfect Dark, 007:Nightfire (GCN). Seriously, I don't expect anything from this series anymore, not even their next-gen title Ghosts. 3.5/10: Awww JEEZ!!! You really cannot give us the same crap 3 years in a row Already removed from my Hard drive Expand
  20. Dec 4, 2012
    Solid overall, but not enough new features for a good review. This game is fun to play on multiplayer and zombie game modes. If you really want to you can play story mode, but it is like all COD story modes.... LAME
  21. Dec 5, 2012
    This is the first Call of Duty game I bought since COD 4 and will also be my last. First, lag in multiplayer is unacceptable. I've been a PC gamer my entire life starting with the Quake/Doom days and never seen multiplayer lag this horrible. It seems to punish fast connections and being on a 100mbit fiber line, I always feel like I'm getting screwed over every fight. They forgot toThis is the first Call of Duty game I bought since COD 4 and will also be my last. First, lag in multiplayer is unacceptable. I've been a PC gamer my entire life starting with the Quake/Doom days and never seen multiplayer lag this horrible. It seems to punish fast connections and being on a 100mbit fiber line, I always feel like I'm getting screwed over every fight. They forgot to calibrate the compensation because its a POS. What a waste of money. Single player is a joke. Acting is laughable and missions are boring and the graphics/sound are way worse than multiplier. Action is high but over the top insane and it there is really no point to it all. Game is now uninstalled. Expand
  22. Dec 5, 2012
    For me, the best Call Of Duty since Call of Duty 4. Despite what others have said, the single player is far better than ANY other standard first person shooter I have ever played. While still a linear story, the game has far more replay value than any other Call Of Duty to date with key decisions affecting the story of the game. The multiplayer can be bit annoying due to the anti-lagFor me, the best Call Of Duty since Call of Duty 4. Despite what others have said, the single player is far better than ANY other standard first person shooter I have ever played. While still a linear story, the game has far more replay value than any other Call Of Duty to date with key decisions affecting the story of the game. The multiplayer can be bit annoying due to the anti-lag countermeasure that seems to work against you but other than that it has been a really enjoyable game to play and finally a replacement for Call of Duty 4. There are dedicated servers - despite appearances, the servers are not run by players, and thus you can leave at any time without the hassle of a server host change. Finally Zombies is back with a transzit mode that adds to the stale flavour of the old hashed out Zombies. I am sorry to see so many people who hate the game simply because it Expand
  23. Dec 5, 2012
    Nothing new, just for the guys who played black ops I and want to follow the story,i am a lil disapointed thou because i wanted more missions, its too short, the new and good stuff its that well you got different finales. Didnt like too much the gameplay, (compared to modern warfare versions, multiplayer its gayish with aaaalll those new gadgets but its funny thou with friends, its aNothing new, just for the guys who played black ops I and want to follow the story,i am a lil disapointed thou because i wanted more missions, its too short, the new and good stuff its that well you got different finales. Didnt like too much the gameplay, (compared to modern warfare versions, multiplayer its gayish with aaaalll those new gadgets but its funny thou with friends, its a different type of strategy. This Christmas if I choose between cod black ops II or Battlefield 3 I definetly choose Battlefield 3. Expand
  24. Dec 7, 2012
    The same thing again!!! Anything new in multiplayer, and the single player whit dx11 grpahics,.. well i dont know where... it seems that the game was made in a hurry! If you buy only because the multiplayer, and know no one more go play mw3, buy this crap!
  25. Dec 7, 2012
    This and all other War Games are bad.
    It's a product of capitalist patriot Americans.
    I don't like America and it's kind of style.
    Europe is infested of America.
  26. Dec 7, 2012
    Worst Call of Duty game ever. Treyarch did it again. I don't know if Treyarch is trying to ruin Call of Duty, but they're doing quite good. Everything in this game is just terrible. They did well on World at War, but since then, they have just done awful, especially on this game. The guns are awful. The maps are boring. There are way too many camper spots. There are not enough challengesWorst Call of Duty game ever. Treyarch did it again. I don't know if Treyarch is trying to ruin Call of Duty, but they're doing quite good. Everything in this game is just terrible. They did well on World at War, but since then, they have just done awful, especially on this game. The guns are awful. The maps are boring. There are way too many camper spots. There are not enough challenges and the prestige rewards are boring. Treyarch, goodbye from me. Expand
  27. Dec 8, 2012
    I bought the game for 95 złotych it's like 33 US $. Good price so I started playing the campaign and it felt terrible. Bugs, glitches not running smoothly on my PC. I have a i5-2500, GF 560, 8 GB Ram Win7 and the game was running like crap. BF3 on highest runs well this crap uses the same engine since CoD4 and I can't run it properly ... stop playing after 6 missions.
    Then there is
    Then there is the Multi... cheaters, laggs all the time and even more glitches. Got to the first prestige but you can't play without lags gor 20 Mbit Internet Connection and I have lag... ALWAYS! No problems on BO1, MW3, MW2 or BF3 only on BO2. The game is a huge let down. Don't buy it it's a waste of money. for 59$ you can get BF3 Premium much more worth it!
  28. Mar 25, 2013
    Call of Duty PC=a big load of donkey Sh*t. There's nothing more to say then that.
  29. Dec 14, 2012
    very bad game with the graphics of the 1988 year when gorbachev make perestroika. Only fools buy this game. Compare with battlefield 3 possible say that this game a peace of **** Red price of this game 10 cent in market day. Gameplay very poor and boring.
  30. Jan 18, 2013
    horrible this game. lagcompesation monster, ridiculously poorly designed maps, made for noobs
    Very bad game, it was fan of the beautiful Treyarch COD WAW ​​work, but she disappointed me this garbage

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]