Call of Duty: Black Ops II PC

4.0

1. Nov 13, 2012
    Absolutely nothing new, if you would update World at War's graphics, you could not tell which one is the 5 years older game. And speaking of graphics, they seem strangely bad for a "triple A" game, i kept getting vibes of "console port" and "outdated engine"
    Single player is defined by the word Boring. I did not even want to play the optional "RTS"-style defense missions after the first mandatory one.
  2. Feb 24, 2013
    I´m pretty avid fan of Call of duty series dating back to their early releases. So i bought this game when it was released. Quick look into settings. Graphics are ok, bit stupid i get same game engine with little work done, gameplay is the same (Good thing) and all hands goes to multiplayer.

Singleplayer review: Solid Call of Duty style, good plot twists, interesting characters and ton of action. (The start of campaing was very stupid so it took me 3 months to even start playing it)...Overall very good Cod campaing.

Multiplayer: Same as BO1 and Mw series. I still rank MW2 as best multiplayer Cod to this date, in BO2 there are a lot of game modes...1-2 are good, rest are junk. There is no "OMG WAR" feeling to the game, unless you spawn into game where opponent has all 6 players aiming towards you´r spawn and all the time sky is breaking with missiles...Spoils all fun, but it´s war. I´d hoped they would make larger maps, larger teams and much more action. Sadly in standard 6v6 it takes too long to find an enemy. Overall this game suck´s when you compare it to releases done by same publisher. Atleast update the gameplay, graphics and atmosphere. Counter-Strike type games rock, because they are cheap, they got good perks and solid fanbase. Call of Duty delivers normal size maps, small teams and no action whatsoever. Perhaps it´s time for me too look over fence and take a better look at Battlefield series, since Call of Duty has been downfall for very long time.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    The main issue with "blops2" is the game wants you to play it in a particular way. If you try and do your own thing, explore, look around or go somewhere the game doesn't want you to go, then you are simply killed off or greeted with a 'mission over' screen and forced to start from checkpoint.

There was an awful lot of Ai glitches too within the campaign play through - portaling about, getting stuck in corners etc etc.

The story chops and changes left right and centre and generally speaking I had no idea whatsoever what was going on apart from point and shoot.

The little RTS style missions where good though, made a nice change
  4. Mar 6, 2013
    I don't play COD for the campaign, so I cannot rate that. Multiplayer is OK, but not as good as the first Black Ops. The maps aren't as unique, although pretty decent. No dedicated servers and not as much focus on Hardcore with different game types, which is the mode I like to play most. I feel BO2 has reduced features compared to the first Black Ops.
  5. May 28, 2013
    I'm a pretty big fan of call of duty, and when i got this game a few days ago i became really hooked, the multiplayer revives some old maps and adds some new ones also, the guns are cooler and feel smoother to use than in, say, world at war, and the multiplayer requires some decent skill... well... it WOULD require skill if it was not full to the brim with campers!! Almost every lobby i'veI'm a pretty big fan of call of duty, and when i got this game a few days ago i became really hooked, the multiplayer revives some old maps and adds some new ones also, the guns are cooler and feel smoother to use than in, say, world at war, and the multiplayer requires some decent skill... well... it WOULD require skill if it was not full to the brim with campers!! Almost every lobby i've played is more full of campers than a scout's meeting and the maps seem to support this with they're many, many, many, many hiding places. Next, we have the campaign, the campaign is atrocious! On the second mission i noticed this as, due to crappy respawn rates for the enemies, it was unplayable! I could not even finish the level! As for the zombie mode, all i can say is one word. Filler. However, the multiplayer alone wins this game a 6. People who want to have a solid campaign and Co-Op should look elsewhere though! Expand
  6. Jul 21, 2013
    Not the best call of duty in franchise. Lets be honest. I dont like call of duty I realy don't. But that game is not 0 out of 10. The game is actualy not bad. Its actualy worth to play if you haven't buy any call of duty yet. If you don't own any call of duty after from call of duty 4 modern warfare youc an actualy buy this gam You might like it. How ever People are coming to hate on theNot the best call of duty in franchise. Lets be honest. I dont like call of duty I realy don't. But that game is not 0 out of 10. The game is actualy not bad. Its actualy worth to play if you haven't buy any call of duty yet. If you don't own any call of duty after from call of duty 4 modern warfare youc an actualy buy this gam You might like it. How ever People are coming to hate on the game. This isn't a comment section this is revieve. No such things new. A cloack perk added to campaing (single player) Multiplayer is prety fun tought. Is it the best call of duty game? Absaloutly not. But still a game to play when you are actualy bored. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    This game deserves a 6/10, nothing less, nothing more.
    Gameplay is the same - run, gun, jump, dive, don't aim, use same couple guns. The game is fun time to pass time if you want to play with your nephew/cousin/elementary school kid you picked up, or people who suck at games, because they won't feel worthless.
    If you take gaming seriously, wait a few months when this game drops in price.
    This game deserves a 6/10, nothing less, nothing more.
    If you take gaming seriously, wait a few months when this game drops in price. This game, like the entire franchise after COD4, is just another "expansion pack." You get new maps, some which are designed well (although anything looks good compared to the trash in MW3). Unlock scheme/classes are "different." Still, you get generally the same perks, guns etc. It's hard to differentiate between guns since they behave pretty much the same, and require little skill to kill anyone. This game doesn't deserve above a 6, because it is the same game that was released every year for the past half-decade, and will be the same game released for every year for the rest of this decade.

It does not deserve less than a 6, because even though it is not remotely close to other FPS like CS or BF, it at least has a huge active community at each launch every year. Idiots will continue to buy this repackaged garbage every year, and it is always fun to ream them in multiplayer to accusations of "hacker" or "man this game sucks." **** on kids is always fun, and not many games require so little effort to give you this much chance **** on so many kids. Also, don't bother playing "League" matches unless you have 3 friends. The matchmaking is godawful. When I played with a team, 4/5 of our placement matches were against 4 non-friends, who rage quit 30 seconds into the round. Since the game was based strictly on a timer, we wasted 10 minutes per round just chasing 1 player around. Of course we got placed into "Gold," but at the cost of fun, time, and the other players. When I tried being placed solo, 3/5 matches I was left 1v4 in maps such as "capture the flag" or "domination." Even the for the most skilled player, it is impossible to win, although I at least top fragged (easy to do 1v4 as long as you always get a kill before you die) while completing the objectives several times. Still, I thought I deserved to be placed in Gold (playing against a gold rated clan in domination 2v4, and top fragging, top scoring, and most objective captures/defends), yet was placed in Silver.

TLDR, this game is fun if playing with unskilled friends and taking care of stress against the multitudes of idiotic noobs who continue to buy this game annually. Don't expect anything new or challenging though.
  8. Nov 14, 2012
    Black Ops II is a good game. It certainly isn't a great game. It is just more of the same. The main issue I have is that the content is shifting towards unrealistic content. Basically, the developer tries really hard to create "uh" and "oh" moment, but sadly reality remains behind with this approach.
    From my point of view a saver is the Zombie add-on. It's fun to play! On the other hand the multi-player is stale and, luckily, I didn't even bother buying the $50 subscription for additional maps. Pricing for maps is moving towards being ridiculous by the way...
    Another positive thing is the graphics. They look greatly improved in comparison to the last release.
    Anyhow, my advise to Activision would be to skip a year and to go back to the drawing board. This release really looks like a yearly cookie cutter release with better graphics. I also think they need to re-think their DLC strategy. When I picked up my copy there was a long line in the store, but I only saw one person out of 20 buying the map subscription... I mean who really wants to pay the price of a full game for DLC?
  9. Dec 15, 2012
    I've never played the original Black Ops, but I have played MW2 and MW3. As other people have said there is a lot of similarity in the campaigns of MW2/MW3. I think I like this particular version the best though as I like the storyline. I think this game did a good job telling a story unlike a lot of other shooter type games. The intro cinematic with the unforgettable "The NIght WillI've never played the original Black Ops, but I have played MW2 and MW3. As other people have said there is a lot of similarity in the campaigns of MW2/MW3. I think I like this particular version the best though as I like the storyline. I think this game did a good job telling a story unlike a lot of other shooter type games. The intro cinematic with the unforgettable "The NIght Will Always Win" sets up the story nicely. The fact your actions in the game change the trajectory of the story is a pro and con. Yes I like feeling my actions have some impact other than some predetermined storyline, but I also feel that to see the other alternate endings requires a bit too much tedious backtracking as you have to actually reverse your save game permanently to previous missions. You can't just select a previous mission, do something different and see the outcome. Some may say that adds to the replayability of this game, but I'm not sure single player campaigns are inherently very replayable. There is also very little prompting that you are making a storyline choice. I'm still a bit perplexed how to exactly get the "best ending."

The deployment missions where you control a group of soldiers, drones, and/or turrets aren't very enjoyable. The interface just seems clumsy and overly complex. Not sure why they wanted to add an elemental of a real time strategy game into a shooter as it didn't work in my opinion. They also have limited attempts to them which makes them just stressful to complete. If you don't successfully complete all of those extra missions, then you won't get the best ending. I think the graphics are pretty good, and there are some levels that I felt were done especially well like the floating man made resort, and Afghanistan. The level designs apart from those deployment missions are pretty good, but linear. For the most part each mission was immersive, and enjoyable. There were occasions where I felt frustrated with the controls especially during parts of the game that involved things other than shooting (I.e. rock climbing, jet piloting etc)

I don't play the multiplayer portions of MW games primarily as I think they are inherently imbalanced, and I probably lack the skill to compensate for that. I did however enjoy MW co-op missions which are noticeably absent from this game. The zombie add-on is pretty much an afterthought.

Overall, I know this game probably doesn't have the freshest content out there, and yes I do take some objection to the price for previously used game engines, but the single player campaign is probably one of the best single player shooter campaigns I've played. I kind of felt like I paid 90 dollars for a very immersive and enjoyable movie with a good storyline where I had some control over the plot.
  10. Dec 25, 2012
    Ignore all the negativity you have been hearing about this game. Actually, believe some of it. Call Of Duty Black Ops II is potentially the most hyped up game of this year and also one of the most hated. But believe me, if your friends are still complaining that this CoD is too similar to the rest then they will never be pleased. This is the furthest you can go from typical CoD gameplayIgnore all the negativity you have been hearing about this game. Actually, believe some of it. Call Of Duty Black Ops II is potentially the most hyped up game of this year and also one of the most hated. But believe me, if your friends are still complaining that this CoD is too similar to the rest then they will never be pleased. This is the furthest you can go from typical CoD gameplay without turning into a different game. Black Ops II does have a dramatically improved campaign with far superior gameplay and story to all previous iterations. Black Ops II also makes use of cut scene's which look great but feel awfully disjointed from the story feeling like some scenes are missing. The ending stages of the campaign are amazing compared to the first few hours but it is super short. They clearly ran out of resources and crammed way to much in too short of a period. Overall the campaign is the best in the franchise but it still behind the likes of Halo and Gears of War. Multiplayer is great seeing some balancing tweaks and new features like the pick 10. Which works wonders. However some balancing tweaks are rendered useless due to there still being a huge number of overpowered and underpowered weapons and equipment. Maps also feel a little crowded, maybe just on PC and spawns are dreadful. The Multiplayer is good and maybe the best to some. But for me its just getting worse on the multiplayer side of things. Finally Zombies is great and works a treat featuring new modes like transit. Transit basically only adds travelling between multiple map area's but it feels fresh and is a lot of fun. Overall there isn't a whole lot to complain about in Black Ops II besides the fact it should be just a tad better. I give them props for doing so much in a relatively small cycle but it may have been more then they could chew. I give Black Ops II 7/10 Expand
  11. Nov 23, 2012
    I give Treyarch credit for trying to push it in a new direction slightly with the single player and the multi player tweaks but the game is nothing special. The single player story is interesting. The multi player is ok but more of the same and some of the weapons feel really imbalanced. If you need something to pass time and have a bunch of friends to play with grab this game upI give Treyarch credit for trying to push it in a new direction slightly with the single player and the multi player tweaks but the game is nothing special. The single player story is interesting. The multi player is ok but more of the same and some of the weapons feel really imbalanced. If you need something to pass time and have a bunch of friends to play with grab this game up otherwise.... Pass. Expand
  12. Jun 29, 2013
    Exactly the same as all other Call of Duties in history. The only differences are the maps, campaign and they have put in scorestreaks. But, it doesn't take away the fact that the multiplayer in this game is actually quite good if a bit laggy at times. I like how they have put in scorestreaks so you get good stuff for actually playing the objective instead of just killing people evenExactly the same as all other Call of Duties in history. The only differences are the maps, campaign and they have put in scorestreaks. But, it doesn't take away the fact that the multiplayer in this game is actually quite good if a bit laggy at times. I like how they have put in scorestreaks so you get good stuff for actually playing the objective instead of just killing people even though that isn't the aim of that game type. Aside from the quite good multiplayer this game is terrible, the campaign lacks a good storyline and Black Ops 2 struggles to bring anything new to the table. 5/10 Expand
  13. Jun 19, 2013
    Let's be honest: Call of Duty is highly overrated yet highly underrated. Black Ops II seems to try to wipe away the series's flaws. It adds RPG elements to the campaign in the form of split decision making (go left or right for example). HOWEVER, Call of Duty: Black Ops II is just a reskin. Sure, it adds tokens to buy weapons, perks, wildcards (a new feature which allow you to haveLet's be honest: Call of Duty is highly overrated yet highly underrated. Black Ops II seems to try to wipe away the series's flaws. It adds RPG elements to the campaign in the form of split decision making (go left or right for example). HOWEVER, Call of Duty: Black Ops II is just a reskin. Sure, it adds tokens to buy weapons, perks, wildcards (a new feature which allow you to have extra abilities), and attachments. Despite this, everything seems......bland and familiar. I've had great fun with friends and family members playing this game, but, like every game after CoD: MW2, just pulls the wool over our eyes. CoD 4's success and Black Ops's relative success were the only things driving this game. We all should know. In fact, we ALL know. We are just in denial. Expand
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    Where are the dx11 graphics? Where are the dedicated servers? Couldnt find gamre in lobby in first evening!! STOP THIS LOBBY CRAP!!! Spray weapons overpowered.

Nice zombie gametype, works nice(smooth)
  15. Nov 14, 2012
    CoD is CoD. The multiplayer is largely unchanged from MW3, beyond different maps, but the single player introduces some (relatively) new ideas. The story reflects some of your choices,or which objectives you accomplished, and for a CoD game this is pretty interesting concept. There's a semi-forced RTS thing similar to Nuclear Dawn, where you can direct units from an overhead view, thenCoD is CoD. The multiplayer is largely unchanged from MW3, beyond different maps, but the single player introduces some (relatively) new ideas. The story reflects some of your choices,or which objectives you accomplished, and for a CoD game this is pretty interesting concept. There's a semi-forced RTS thing similar to Nuclear Dawn, where you can direct units from an overhead view, then zoom in and take control of them during battle. Unfortunately, unlike Nuclear Dawn, it's not done well and playing it is pretty tedious - it's generally better to just tell all your guys to attack one target, then do everything else yourself. As far as zombies, I've been having a lot of connection errors with that game mode, and that game mode only, so hopefully there's a patch in the works. Expand
  16. May 15, 2013
    The game itself introduces nothing new, besides mission loadout and different endings, which is new to the Call of Duty series. Campaign is pretty mediocre, with it's good points and flaws. Storyline is simple and very Hollywood-like. You can spend some hours playing it with your friends chewing popcorn. Graphics haven't changed too much, though there's some difference between previousThe game itself introduces nothing new, besides mission loadout and different endings, which is new to the Call of Duty series. Campaign is pretty mediocre, with it's good points and flaws. Storyline is simple and very Hollywood-like. You can spend some hours playing it with your friends chewing popcorn. Graphics haven't changed too much, though there's some difference between previous Call of Duty games. Multiplayer changed a little bit, maybe it became even more dynamical and it's sort of pick-up-and-play if you wish. But this game doesn't worth it's full price of 60$, as you can otherwise spend the money for something much more useful or just hang out with your friends. Expand
  17. Nov 15, 2012
    I'm giving this a 10 due to the people (75%+) that are giving this a 0 without even trying it and/or they are having connection issues or any other stupid reason.

Modern Warfare 2 was a great game to me, Black Ops 1 was fun but very clunky and pissed me off, Modern Warfare 3 was just basically MW2 but an expansion and had more hackers and absolute GARBAGE maps. Also I do like Battlefield 3 and the halo series.

I wasn't gonna buy this game not gonna lie but people said it was good and it looked different in a way... I have only tested the multiplayer and still have yet to test zombie mode and probably won't even consider the campaign.

Gameplay: Very fun, seems a bit more smoothed out than black ops 1, has a nice new streak system as well as the pick 10 option really changes things to make it so people truly get their own unique builds. The new gadgets are fun and the maps are NEW, actual new maps that dont all look the same and you don't get stuck on everything like you would in MW3. This game is above all actually fun! (with the exception of a few buggy things but that happens to ALL games) 9/10

Graphics: They don't look bad, there is nothing wrong with them ALTHOUGH this is Q4 2012 they could use a chunk of that amazing profit they make from this game to upgrade its system and stop pushing it toward 10 year old consoles. 6/10

Sounds: The music, the explosions are all nice and I like it although the guns seem kinda quite and weak. 8.5/10

Connection: Although they don't have the new dedicated servers by what people say I haven't ran into a connection issue once so for now (thoughts may change later) and maps take seconds to load.

Anyways overall the game is fun and has new ideas but still isn't a brand new thing to the market shining with its glory and I'm judging strictly on Multiplayer since that's what most people buy this game for anyways. Overall Score: 8.5/10

NEVER rate a game without playing it and just try it out, if it's not your type of game don't play it, don't troll, ignore it and go play your games.
  18. Nov 16, 2012
    This is essentially a multi-player review, because that's all I've played. Don't usually spend too much time on the campaign. Better gameplay and cool in-game features compared to Blops original, but took away key PC features. They removed some core PC functionality such as community operated dedicated servers. This was what created such a strong community in Black Ops and which createdThis is essentially a multi-player review, because that's all I've played. Don't usually spend too much time on the campaign. Better gameplay and cool in-game features compared to Blops original, but took away key PC features. They removed some core PC functionality such as community operated dedicated servers. This was what created such a strong community in Black Ops and which created such a great online experience. There are still dedicated servers, but they are operated by Treyarch. Now if there's a hacker that fell through the cracks of VAC (Valve's Anti-Cheat system), there are no admins to ban these hackers. The crappy matchmaking is back, a functionality that PC gamers see as an abomination to online gaming. I don't see why they removed these features. They had them down pat and the PC gamers were happy. Why ruin it? Treyarch has continually released better PC releases than Infinity Ward...is this a change of pace due to lack of sales and laziness?

Bottom line: if you liked Blops for the reason I did, there's no reason to get this game. Continue playing Black Ops, and enjoy the community it has to offer. If you just want to hop in to a match casually like a console player, then this game will work for you.
  19. May 10, 2013
    Black Ops II is NOT a bad game. Let me just establish that from the start. Contrary to popular belief, BO2 brings many new innovations which the franchise has been lacking since Modern Warfare 2. The campaign is very different in its story. Zombies has been expanded beyond anyone's imagination. And multiplayer has received a complete overhaul. With a great selection of game modes, weapons,Black Ops II is NOT a bad game. Let me just establish that from the start. Contrary to popular belief, BO2 brings many new innovations which the franchise has been lacking since Modern Warfare 2. The campaign is very different in its story. Zombies has been expanded beyond anyone's imagination. And multiplayer has received a complete overhaul. With a great selection of game modes, weapons, perks, equipment, scorestreaks, customisation options etc. as well as League Play where everything is unlocked, it's hard to fault it. However, I can give many reasons why this doesn't make the game exciting at all. Sure, create-a-class offers total freedom without pre-set restrictions, but in reality your playstyle is not respected within the game itself. While the weapons are generally balanced, the sheer pace of the game means shotguns and SMGs have the upper hand in most situations. Whilst the choice of weapons and class options are there, barely any of it is actually useful. With all the new stuff I feel that the game is too cluttered. There is a lot of rubbish around, yet the game doesn't feel fresh or exciting even though it's almost completely different. The controls feel somewhat odd relative to the pacing and map design, so it's not like previous Call of Duty games where all class setups would be appropriate for all maps. The multiplayer is fun for about an hour, after that it's plain boring, not satisfying at all. Campaign is commendable for trying to bring new ideas but ultimately fails to deliver compared to Modern Warfare 3's campaign. BO2's campaign is not only unnecessarily complicated and difficult to follow, but the gameplay in it is very boring and not intense even on Veteran difficulty. Zombies has gone completely mental. No longer is it a simple horde mode in confined areas; rather it's more about finding easter eggs and following lengthy guides just to figure out where you can buy a perk or upgrade your weapon. Overall, Black Ops II seems self-defeating in a way. It aims to create a competitive multiplayer yet provides anti-competitive tools rather than focusing on pure skill, regardless of choice of class. Yet with zombies, it's clearly aimed at little kids who enjoy bragging about finding new stuff in a game. I must say, I'm disappointed that even a CoD game which brings so much new stuff fails to be more exciting than Modern Warfare 3. Expand
  20. Mar 22, 2013
    Treyarch know how to make games, unfortunately Activision don't give them enough time to make what they are capable of. Every CoD that Treyarch makes you see a spark of potential, which usually makes you wish they just quit and made something original. Although here we go again. Another year. Another CoD. I respect CoD to a certain extent. Call of Duty 4 changed the way FPS multiplayerTreyarch know how to make games, unfortunately Activision don't give them enough time to make what they are capable of. Every CoD that Treyarch makes you see a spark of potential, which usually makes you wish they just quit and made something original. Although here we go again. Another year. Another CoD. I respect CoD to a certain extent. Call of Duty 4 changed the way FPS multiplayer games have been made to this day. The introduction of killstreaks, perks, custom classes. And ever since developers have been building off the same concept. Although I think we can all say. We need something new. Does Black Ops 2 give it to us? No, but it is another easy to pick up shooter that has the same feel and issues as the previous games. I enjoyed Black Ops 1, overlooking the glaring balance issues which is almost impossible to avoid, the multiplayer was fun. I liked the era and the fact that you could buy equipment with a currency. You could tell that Treyarch were trying to mix it up a bit, as Modern warfare 2's selling point was, "Hey we made some stuff in our last game that you liked.. here is loads more of it." So Black Ops 2.. well what can I say, it's CoD, semi futuristic weaponry and bland maps to use them on. The point streaks are a better way to do them, as the previous games consisted of an absolute cluster**** of stuff in the air. Thankfully this system actually does work, and you're able to run around freely with only having to deal with killstreaks that the skillfull players have acquired. The campaign is again linear and boring. With games like Tomb Raider and Dishonored that have so much variety and originality, it's hard to say that Blops2's campaign is anything but bad. Although can the game be saved from a 5 with a zombies mode. Sure. Just a little though. The zombies has been updates a lot since WaW, and it's pretty fun to play with a group of friends. This game is better played on the PC though, this is actually the first CoD game that has pretty decent textures. I think they may have gone all out with their engine and actually gotten something out of it for once. Modern warfare 3's graphics were abysmal, so It's nice to see they have made an effort with this one. But again you will only see the improvement if you are on the PC.

21. Nov 17, 2012
    Suprised that Treyarch did something different for a change? I am. Most of the Call of Duty games have had a terrible singleplayer experience with nothing new to add. This game may not be fanatstic, but actually made an attempt at something new for change that wound up having a fairly good singleplayer experience that is worth replaying. Get to pick your weapons before each mission andSuprised that Treyarch did something different for a change? I am. Most of the Call of Duty games have had a terrible singleplayer experience with nothing new to add. This game may not be fanatstic, but actually made an attempt at something new for change that wound up having a fairly good singleplayer experience that is worth replaying. Get to pick your weapons before each mission and adds some customization and new light to a almost dead series of games. Expand
  22. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is okay at best. It will take some time to grow on me. The issues I see after 1 hour or so of multiplayer are:

1. Of course no true dedicated servers - come on Treyarch, you got that right in Black Ops, why not BO2? 2. Sound is atrocious - grenades sound horrible, player sound is off. 3. No mouse sensitivity adjustment in menu It's COD, what can be said. Recycled and

It's COD, what can be said. Recycled and reused engine/graphics. You can see similarities in maps from other COD releases - layout and object structure.
  23. Nov 14, 2012
    Hello everyone,my comments about this game.Singleplayer graphic sucks,but multiplayer graphics are good.For singleplayer campaign,i give 3.Its very boring,POOR graphics even maxed out.Multiplayer is good,just bad thing that everyone takes smgs. as i said,multiplayer graphics are good,better than singleplayer.In this game DX 11 was a gimmick....I give for multiplayer a rating 8.Because ofHello everyone,my comments about this game.Singleplayer graphic sucks,but multiplayer graphics are good.For singleplayer campaign,i give 3.Its very boring,POOR graphics even maxed out.Multiplayer is good,just bad thing that everyone takes smgs. as i said,multiplayer graphics are good,better than singleplayer.In this game DX 11 was a gimmick....I give for multiplayer a rating 8.Because of maps,graphics,sounds,and fun.Final rating : 7.Its an average game.But pay 69$ for this game... nah... Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    No changes in gameplay, crashes and unstable servers, imbalanced multiplayer... a mediocre attempt to milk even more bucks from a dying IP... The worst spent 60$ in my whole gaming history.
  25. Nov 20, 2012
    This game doesn't deserve a 3, at the time of writing I have had no problems with this game and this is about a week after launch. They have done well do address a lot of the issues that had plagued this game and now it is most defiantly playable and enjoyable.

The game does expand on all fronts. Single Player campaign adds some decision making and also squad commanding which does help to refresh all the constant run-and-gun, explosions and general high-paced action (which this game still has plenty of, of course).

Multiplayer adds League play and revamped custom classes and still enjoyable. Zombies adds many additional features like bigger maps and so on.

All in all, it's still a Call of Duty game, if you hate the series with a dire passion, this isn't going to change your mind. But the game is trying to be creative and evolve without losing what people actually like about the Call of Duty franchise and it has achieved something by doing so.
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    Nothing new, this is a very old game being sold for full price. It's a GOOD old game, but you've played it before many times. The graphics look old, the gameplay is tired, and the single player campaign is not fun at all. If you like Battlefield 3, probably you should just wait until Battlefield 4. If you like more of the same, this game should fit the bill for you. I don't think I'llNothing new, this is a very old game being sold for full price. It's a GOOD old game, but you've played it before many times. The graphics look old, the gameplay is tired, and the single player campaign is not fun at all. If you like Battlefield 3, probably you should just wait until Battlefield 4. If you like more of the same, this game should fit the bill for you. I don't think I'll be playing much of this, last CoD for me until the tech and gameplay are upgraded. Expand
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    First let me say i'm not gonna troll this game with a bad review. I do however have some major gripes about this. Yes people say it is dedicated server but, hello people, it's matchmaking just like what you get on console, not what you should get on pc. You cannot rent a server or choose from a dedicated server list as far as I know it's all just matchmaking. Oh man, don't get me startedFirst let me say i'm not gonna troll this game with a bad review. I do however have some major gripes about this. Yes people say it is dedicated server but, hello people, it's matchmaking just like what you get on console, not what you should get on pc. You cannot rent a server or choose from a dedicated server list as far as I know it's all just matchmaking. Oh man, don't get me started on how it's just like the console version. You have to listen to annoying people with mics unlike if I go back and play World At War. Granted I love being able to have full controller support for menus and gameplay so if I am sick of using keyboard and mouse that is a great option. To be honest I knew the zombies would be worth most of the money for this game and that is why I got it. I loved World At War Zombies. Honestly this is a great game with a huge but, in it. After playing the crap out of it for a while I may go back to World At War. Seriously you might as well be playing on Xbox 360 or PS3. Expand
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    Mediocre is the name of the game, I'm afraid. It seems Treyarch have tried to do their best with the existing recipe but the tired stitching of the call of duty franchise is really showing. I'm surprised how high a lot of the critics reviews are, especially considering how the recent Medal of Honor got a panning for doing the same old thing (admittedly more poorly executed than here). IMediocre is the name of the game, I'm afraid. It seems Treyarch have tried to do their best with the existing recipe but the tired stitching of the call of duty franchise is really showing. I'm surprised how high a lot of the critics reviews are, especially considering how the recent Medal of Honor got a panning for doing the same old thing (admittedly more poorly executed than here). I worry that the fact a lot of the pre-release reviews were done at a special 'event' may have, unfortunately, influenced these. The cinematic story telling seems to hinder the action as your pushed from pillar to post with no real freedom. The 'choices' which are oft talked about seem very arbitrary and oh my the graphics are frankly terrible for such a hyped game (at some points I thought my game was bugged due to how shoddy some of the textures are). I'm sure the multi-player will be as successful as ever but for such an expensive game it really is just the same old tired formula. The Hollywood model or rinse and repeat has definitely become the standard in AAA gaming too. If you want an exciting PC shooter try something different like the free Tribes: Ascend. If you want this same old formula, I'd recommend picking up one of the older COD's for essentially the same experience. Expand
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    Sub-par FPS. Campaign I'm playing on Veteran and it's easy mode, no challenge whatsoever. I fired up multiplayer today, all it is is a small map with guys running around in circles like it's a paintball game. Players are running and gunning using BAR .50 cal. rifles like it's a pistol.. yes boom one shot boom one shot without any realism whatsoever. If you like loud noises and have ADHD,Sub-par FPS. Campaign I'm playing on Veteran and it's easy mode, no challenge whatsoever. I fired up multiplayer today, all it is is a small map with guys running around in circles like it's a paintball game. Players are running and gunning using BAR .50 cal. rifles like it's a pistol.. yes boom one shot boom one shot without any realism whatsoever. If you like loud noises and have ADHD, this might be the game for you. Expand
  30. Nov 19, 2012
    I can guarantee that this review I'm writing is gonna have something like this: "Helpful? 12 out of 286 users said yes" just because the people who hate this game are gonna think "No, this guy is WRONG. The game sucked! End of story! Therefore this review is unhelpful!" I thought the game was unspeakably fantastic, but the flow of the story campaign felt very rushed and forced in someI can guarantee that this review I'm writing is gonna have something like this: "Helpful? 12 out of 286 users said yes" just because the people who hate this game are gonna think "No, this guy is WRONG. The game sucked! End of story! Therefore this review is unhelpful!" I thought the game was unspeakably fantastic, but the flow of the story campaign felt very rushed and forced in some areas. The "future" weapons and devices are well done, as well as some of the gameplay elements that never appeared in any previous Call of Duty game. The multiplayer has some added spice to it, as does the well known Zombies mode. If you're an avid Call of Duty fan and/or enjoyed the first Black Ops, you'd be the making the worst mistake to let this game pass by. Expand

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]