4.8

1. Aug 15, 2011
    Some spike lag, to small maps, useless snipers and rcxd over usage makes this game a frustrating and disappointing multiplayer experience.

I didn't bought this for the singleplayer (because it's so scripted and linear that you might as well could go watch a movie.)
    waste of money and time.
  2. Aug 20, 2011
    Same gameplay since cod 4 with only minor alterations, not worth the money. The campaign is very generic following the basic cut-scene corridor cut-scene schematic with the multiplayer being completely unbalanced. If it had a lower price point such as £9.99 instead of an insulting £39.99 it would probably get a more favourable 3/10 stars.
  3. Aug 31, 2011
    call of duty: world at war ctrl + c
    ctrl + p =
    Call of redundancy: world at war 2
    Im not joking its the same game just polished and different weapons.
  4. Sep 3, 2011
    COD Black Ops, where to begin...
    Worst type of FPS even released. This is the game that Treyarch payed the reviewers to give it a 70+. Not worth it. A total copy of WAW. Just buy Battlefield 2 or preorder Battlefield 3, I wouldn't go near another Call of Duty, even if it gets GOTY. Cod was bad ever since WAW. Not worth any type of money, even when it's at the 99 cent display so Activision
    can get money Expand
  5. Oct 8, 2011
    This games gets an 81? I don't want to live on this planet anymore. No seriously, this game is horrid, why this was made i have no idea. It is boring, kids scream crap over the microphone making your ears hurt and it is overall just a generic "LOL LETS SHOOT PEOPLE" game.
  6. Nov 13, 2011
    Console players play games that are barely fit for babbies. I can't believe this game sells at all, a useless waste of money. Not to mention the seriously flawed coding and patheticly hitboxy gameplay. Aim is not an issue in this game, just spray and launch explosions. Herp Derp.
  7. Jan 7, 2012
    For a game so long awaited, It just **** sucks. I cant play it Its clunky mean and horrid. Maps, long, boring, and confusing. Campaign is just a insult to the game itself. Zombies mode, **** hell does it suck. All im trying to say is do not but this game! It boring real fast and just sucks. Lets get real hardcore fans, it sucks.
  8. Feb 11, 2012
    Just terrible. Wish I would have read these reviews before I purchased it. IGN gave it a 8.5! WTF. Ok I know I bought this very late. The only reason I bought this was because of the Training Combat mode. I just played Battlefield 3 (which is great in terms of graphics and online play) I also like the "feel" of BF3, they way the weapons respond, the recoil, feels real. Cod:BO on the other hand feels cheap. Really cheap. My graphics card is not even breaking a sweat. Looks like a game from 2003. The thing is I was really disappointed that BF3 didn't have a single player mode with bots like 1942 and BF2. The truth is I'm no good online. I get my ass kicked and cant really enjoy the game. I've been playing BF2/Allied Intent for years and I love that I can play the game with bots. Much more fun for me since I can take my time, explore the maps, set the difficulty. I'm so disappointed that DICE decide to forgo the bot mode in BF3 for a campaign I finished in 6 hours. Anyway, I totally wasted $39.99 on this game. The Combat Training mode is horrible as well. Very small maps compared to the BF series and not as many weapons. This game should be $19.99 (or less). You can buy Bad Company 2 for $19.99 and the game is far superior. Don't waste your money on this. I'll never play a CoD game again. Expand
  9. Jul 19, 2012
    que juego de mierda! si, así como lees, lo pague en oferta y caro es una mierda de juego como el MW3..
    modo multiplayer las balas tienen aimbot, aimassist! :s tiene problemas de FPS...
    modo historia...alguien juega realmente a esta mierda? activision en mi lista negra!
  10. Nov 20, 2012
    **** trolls man, giving the mighty CoD a 0 the best game of the year each year, this version of CoD called black ops is another example of why Activision is the last bastion of honest publisher out there, thank you Activision for such great hardcore multiplayer cinematic experience, can't wait to play the 2 and the 3 and maybe the 4. oh and don't mind the 0 is Ironic, like this review.
  11. Jul 4, 2013
    I havent played the game, I hate call of duty games, I know I missed nothing. cod games are atrocious and artistically insulting. cod to games is as drum and bass to music.

1. Jan 29, 2011
    Its duffer solo moments are masked by imaginative and visual whizz-band-fizz. [Jan 2011, p.100]
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    This score will likely come as a shock to many, but this game suffers from pathetic frame rates at times, both on console and on PC.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Black Ops is one of the best first person shooters this year, and is a obviously must have for any action fan. Intense, gory and quite brilliant, maybe it's not refreshing but at the same time its a stunning game.