4.1

1. TonyW
    Nov 22, 2009
    Single player is good but very short (Just over a day to finish). Multiplayer is terrible, no servers, bunny hoppers everywhere, no rules and no admins that enforce the rules that I've been a fan of....No blind nades, no bunny hopping and so on. So I am done with this game and IW/EA. If you really don't like your games show it by sending them to IW in Encino, Ca with a nice note Single player is good but very short (Just over a day to finish). Multiplayer is terrible, no servers, bunny hoppers everywhere, no rules and no admins that enforce the rules that I've been a fan of....No blind nades, no bunny hopping and so on. So I am done with this game and IW/EA. If you really don't like your games show it by sending them to IW in Encino, Ca with a nice note telling them where to put it. Expand
  2. BuddyHeathcock
    Dec 14, 2009
    This game has the capability to be the best I have ever played. However, the HACK of the multiplayer mode leaves the overall package very hollow. I am already back playing COD WAW. This multiplayer mode sucks.
  3. OwenB
    Dec 28, 2009
    No dedicated servers, period. Wait for Battlefield Bad Company 2.
  4. PatrickS
    Dec 29, 2009
    Somewhat fun, but IWnet is absolute trash. Good luck playing with friends, it simply doesn't work.
  5. Aug 28, 2010
    I have always been a fan of call of duty games so i figured i would like this one. I pre-ordered the special edition and picked it up day one. I finished the campaign which was short but fun. I played mulitplayer which was also fun. For the first week. Then everyone was exploiting glitches, using the same over powered weapons and perks. It is a horrible multiplayer experience to this day.I have always been a fan of call of duty games so i figured i would like this one. I pre-ordered the special edition and picked it up day one. I finished the campaign which was short but fun. I played mulitplayer which was also fun. For the first week. Then everyone was exploiting glitches, using the same over powered weapons and perks. It is a horrible multiplayer experience to this day. It only gets a 1 because the single player is decent. Expand
  6. Sep 7, 2010
    I though This Game was going to Be Great, But When i got it, I just saw something, The Story was BOORING,So i though the Mulitplayer was gonna be good, But All those Noobtubers and Those **** Crying and Whining, And WHAT?"! no Dedicated Servers no Custom Mods or Custom Maps?, WHAT THE F*CK!, people Playing this game Says it's the best Game ever, Trust me, GO and Play Some Team Fortress 2I though This Game was going to Be Great, But When i got it, I just saw something, The Story was BOORING,So i though the Mulitplayer was gonna be good, But All those Noobtubers and Those **** Crying and Whining, And WHAT?"! no Dedicated Servers no Custom Mods or Custom Maps?, WHAT THE F*CK!, people Playing this game Says it's the best Game ever, Trust me, GO and Play Some Team Fortress 2 or Call of duty 4 Expand
  7. Sep 11, 2010
    Take 59.99$ to buy a game ? Are you kidding me ? This game is so f******* on PC, want to play this game? Use 5ï¿¥ to buy a pirated optical disc ...........
  8. Sep 17, 2010
    Worst game multiplayer game ever made for the PC. First and loyal PC gamer knew that VAC was a joke from back in the Counter-Strike days and Infinity Ward chose not to listen to there PC community. Now all you ever see in a match is some fool walling and aimboting and no way to kick the fools. Second IW took ideas from the PC moders and called it there own and didn't recognize theseWorst game multiplayer game ever made for the PC. First and loyal PC gamer knew that VAC was a joke from back in the Counter-Strike days and Infinity Ward chose not to listen to there PC community. Now all you ever see in a match is some fool walling and aimboting and no way to kick the fools. Second IW took ideas from the PC moders and called it there own and didn't recognize these people for there work. Third the capped the Frames Per Second(FPS) at like 87 FPS which in turns makes the game laggy. Most PC gamers build there rigs to have the best performance and it gets shot down by this game. Take it from me or any other REAL PC gamer stick with Cod 4 or WaW as there are real ways to deal with hackers. All MW2 is, is a console port and IW laughed at there PC community. As long as the xbox360 and its old technology (which happens to be 7 years old) is around PC gamers are going to get the shaft...... Expand
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    bad game, a lot of cheaters and not update to remain this problem , single player is nice but multiplayer is bad because infinity ward think only dollars !
  10. Jan 1, 2011
    This game is fun for 24hours every 3 months. They do a ban wave and all the cheaters go away. And then for a few hours I am a god. Then the cheaters have all bought new account keys or more likely used a key gen and made them from scratch and I am once again glowing on their screen regardless of camouflage, because they changed the skins. Likewise, they shoot through walls and terrainThis game is fun for 24hours every 3 months. They do a ban wave and all the cheaters go away. And then for a few hours I am a god. Then the cheaters have all bought new account keys or more likely used a key gen and made them from scratch and I am once again glowing on their screen regardless of camouflage, because they changed the skins. Likewise, they shoot through walls and terrain so cover doesn't matter either.

I give it a 1 because the single player didn't suck. It was waaaay too short for multiplayer to be as useless as it is though.
  11. Jan 6, 2011
    I gave this game a 1, the storyline was just completely pointless, didnt make much sense, some parts were intense but this game seems like its one of those games you play at an arcade where you just shoot guys that pop up because you cant really go anywhere besides where the game developers want you to be. Also the multiplayer is just laggy and bleh, If you like FPS games, but want a moreI gave this game a 1, the storyline was just completely pointless, didnt make much sense, some parts were intense but this game seems like its one of those games you play at an arcade where you just shoot guys that pop up because you cant really go anywhere besides where the game developers want you to be. Also the multiplayer is just laggy and bleh, If you like FPS games, but want a more challenging multiplayer/bigger maps go buy Bad Company 2, its not as popular, but i think its just because Call of Duty is way to heavily advertised, the game developers just want our money, (also the price is rediculous, and they just use the same graphics animations and sounds as the other call of duty games just a little improved, and if you watch gameplay of the original call of duty when you shoot someone they do the exact same thing in this game) Expand
  12. Feb 5, 2011
    Both this game and Black Ops are probably the most unbalanced shooters I've ever played. What kind of game has guns with amazing rates of fire and insanely great accuracy, or super powerful shots and super reload speeds... It's not how you make a game! The guns should be balanced - if you start this game later than majority of people, you're pretty much in for a **** time, because youBoth this game and Black Ops are probably the most unbalanced shooters I've ever played. What kind of game has guns with amazing rates of fire and insanely great accuracy, or super powerful shots and super reload speeds... It's not how you make a game! The guns should be balanced - if you start this game later than majority of people, you're pretty much in for a **** time, because you can't compete without spending hours upon hours to reach the next stage of multiplayer gameplay. And how do most do this? Camping. It's pathetic - it's like the MAPS WERE DESIGNED FOR CAMPING?!

Same goes for Black Ops... And my God the community, all these nooby gamers who think they're the **** because they get 10th prestige, yet they don't have the slightest clue about REAL GAMES.

I did however give this such a generous score because of the fairly O.K graphics. Really though, this is just another mainstream pump-out putting shame to the original C.O.D games. I feel sick just thinking about these games whilst games like Half-Life aren't even heard of by half the idiots who play CoD 6 and Black Ops.
  13. Mar 3, 2011
    OMG Why destroy another decent brand name. No dedicated servers, a hell of alot of cheaters and lack of support from IW. The world is going to hell with all this no frills crap. Why because of money that the banks betted away and now everyone but the bankers are paying the price. I can't wait until the world ends.
  14. Jul 26, 2011
    Short, lackluster campaign and broken multiplayer. The game just doesn't live up to modern day PC FPS standards, all while being overpriced. Don't give in to the hype, MW2 is a disappointment.
  15. Sep 28, 2011
    59 USD for an HD (not-so) polished version of VirtruaCop and Quake 3 TDM bundled together. What's the point? Activision is more and more autocracy these days. If you remember why they've cut Bizarre Creations and Guitar Heroes, the reason is that they cannot print cash like CODMW2. And the PC version is also lame because they think PC suxs. Well, even alternateIWnet is better than official59 USD for an HD (not-so) polished version of VirtruaCop and Quake 3 TDM bundled together. What's the point? Activision is more and more autocracy these days. If you remember why they've cut Bizarre Creations and Guitar Heroes, the reason is that they cannot print cash like CODMW2. And the PC version is also lame because they think PC suxs. Well, even alternateIWnet is better than official service. To hell with you, Activision: sitting on too much cash and humiliating your consumer, that is why you will die. Expand
  16. Nov 18, 2011
    So its better than COD MW3 on PC IMO, as far as multiplayer goes. MP gameplay is fun, and challenging. That said, the cheating and hacking online are a complete joke, and have totally ruined the game for those who don't cheat. I have not seen any updates addressing the multiplayer cheating, and reporting offending players seems to do nothing at all.

Avoid multiplayer, avoid a boatload

Avoid multiplayer, avoid a boatload of frustration. And FYI, ditto for MW3...hackers laughing out loud in MP on the very first day of release. Last purchase of the franchise for me, hopefully Respawn Entertainment releases something excellent soon. /end rant
  17. Oct 9, 2012
    single player: literally no challenge, you can play it (even on veteran) in 2 hours or so
    co-ops: nothing special

multiplayer: this is the most offensive thing about this game, they abandon the servers a long time ago, the dlc maps, the community is awful etc

one just for the time invested playing this game, never again.
  18. Jan 5, 2013
    Call of duty modern warfare 2 delivers a very unique experience for us,if you like getting killed by 2 bullets and your bullets not getting a hitmarker at all even you aim in front of a enemy,if you like getting "tubed" by users every 4 seconds,if you like getting killed behind 4 walls,then buy it,it's the game for you.
  19. Apr 25, 2014
    This game will make you want to destroy your computer and never see it again. The MP, which is the centerpiece of this game is a complete waste of time if you want to have fun or become skilled at it. This is because it is completely based on chance so that all the noobs can feel like they are competent and stay faithful to the franchise. All this game is is just a setup to ensure that theThis game will make you want to destroy your computer and never see it again. The MP, which is the centerpiece of this game is a complete waste of time if you want to have fun or become skilled at it. This is because it is completely based on chance so that all the noobs can feel like they are competent and stay faithful to the franchise. All this game is is just a setup to ensure that the next one will sell in a year. Expand
  20. Oct 20, 2013
    The campaign is awful. Gameplay is repetitive and only really fun with the snowmobile mission. Plot doesn't really make sense and the characters are hollow and cliché. As for multiplayer Halo 3 and Counter Strike are much better.
  21. Mar 4, 2014
    Despite the plot is very good, the game is pathetic. Maps are made in this way, that when I played I felt like in a tube. Feeling of shooting is awful. Graphic is the same like in the prequel. It is worse than free-to-play game's. I think the first CoD's multiplayer was better, because there were vehicles. All in all is extremely horrible. I definitely don't recommend this game.
  22. MazzleT
    Jan 4, 2010
    fucking discrace of a game, absolutely unplayable multiplayer, endless rubberbanding, terrible lag, unbalanced teams, client switch every 5 minutes, do not waste yout money on this abominable travesty of a failure made purely for money so they can leech us evety penny from there low quality trash
  23. Don'tBuyThisGame
    Jan 6, 2010
    I Loved, Loved, LOVED CoD MW2. It will always be the constant reminder to never buy into the hype, never pay full markup on new releases, never let fancy graphics cloud true gameplay. If you want fancy graphics, with a decently engaging storyline with FAR more availability for PvE action and tactical manuevering, (And dedicated servers lol) and have a computer to play MW2, I'd advise I Loved, Loved, LOVED CoD MW2. It will always be the constant reminder to never buy into the hype, never pay full markup on new releases, never let fancy graphics cloud true gameplay. If you want fancy graphics, with a decently engaging storyline with FAR more availability for PvE action and tactical manuevering, (And dedicated servers lol) and have a computer to play MW2, I'd advise you buy Crysis. Atleast you can then brag to your friends you have an as beautiful looking game (Cause that's all they care about apparently as we've seen), that actually allows you to approach objectives in any manner you see fit, instead of running down the same narrow direction and admiring all the pretty colors around you. I was thinking of giving this a 1 rating, simply because I got to see Russians invading America, but then I realised that would contribute to anything but considering this game is a total utter failure and waste of 60$, which is exactly what it is. Expand
  24. KravitsJ
    Jan 9, 2010
    this game suck!! horrible multiplayer, story, it lags, alot of bugs, unbalaced teams, server switch every 2 min and sometimes you get worse server than be4. i thought it will be perfekt but it doesn´t i hope things will get better if IW allow dedicated servers
  25. PaulR
    Apr 28, 2010
    Horrible Matchmaking, horrible spawns, horrible player systems. This is destroying the livery that PC gaming offers. This inherently is a playable game, but the over the top shenanigans and terrible online capabilities are a slap in the face towards gamers and military personnel like. Infinity Ward is done, and Activision brought this on themselves.
  26. KenK
  27. MarshallE
    Nov 11, 2009
    Singularly the worst of all the Call of Duty games. No dedicated server, No coop, No leaning, No FOV adjust, No console, Unskippable everything, Short single player, Implied racism, Slanders several countries and peoples. Most politically incorrect game I've ever played, and for no good reason either. Avoid this soulless tripe at all costs.
  28. Unknowncss
    Nov 10, 2009
    The P2P server system on this game is terrible, You often end up in laggy servers or servers where the host rage quits and you have to keep on migrateing.
  29. MarshalB
    Nov 10, 2009
    No Dedicated servers, no mods, 9vs9 multiplayer, no kicking cheaters, 4 hour campaign. This game is pretty much a $60 expansion to a game with features removed, any reviewer giving it a 10 ought to be ashamed of themselves.
  30. jockom
    Dec 10, 2009
    I bought that game to play it with my friends, but soon i realised that that is simply not possible in 90% of the time. And if in some way we all connect, it gets frustrating b/c high pings and random cheaters and abusers yelling on voice chat.
  31. PumpkinReaper
    Dec 3, 2009
    The 0 is for multiplayer, even if you compare the console version to the previous version there's a lot of problems that hurt the game. For one thing, the spawn points are far more random instead of being vaguely on opposite sides of the map, so now you may end up having someone spawn directly behind you OR you may spawn on a grenade and so on. It just was shoddily done and the The 0 is for multiplayer, even if you compare the console version to the previous version there's a lot of problems that hurt the game. For one thing, the spawn points are far more random instead of being vaguely on opposite sides of the map, so now you may end up having someone spawn directly behind you OR you may spawn on a grenade and so on. It just was shoddily done and the respawn system should of had a lot more work done. Knifing is just ridiculous in this, sure it should be a little viable at least for screwing around, but right now it's pretty much dominating, how is sneaking around stabbing everyone even remotely how modern warfare is carried out? Noob Tubing is still existent in the game, one of the only other real problems in the first modern warfare (the other being martyrdom and how rampant it was) and it isn't entertaining when players will just rush in, use up their grenade launcher shot and then die, usually killing someone else in the process. All of these and more could of been alleviated slightly more if the PC version had dedicated servers (moderators to keep things in check and custom rules, along with people knowing where they can go when they just want to play with a specific ruleset). Also no modding = less replayability for a game after you've gotten all you can get out of it. Expand
  32. JackBauer
    Dec 7, 2009
    Online play is terrible, you end up waiting way too long in the que and nothing is done about cheaters. IW and their VAC do not work.
  33. AwfulGame
    Jan 11, 2010
    Terrible game. Doesn't deserve half of the press it got. Obviously a rush job. And that's only talking about the parts where they didn't purposely neuter the PC version! IW should be ashamed of this product.
  34. SFinn
    Jan 1, 2010
    Biggest flop of '09. The single player story is HORRIBLE. As most people know MP doesn't have dedicated servers, 'nuff said.
  35. Freaky
    Jan 13, 2010
    I have the game and can't even play it! I'm getting that "iw4mp.exe" error! Tried all the fixes I've found on google, but nothing works! This is some BULLS*#T!
  36. MikeV
    Jan 14, 2010
    battled to run the game for 18 hours, tied up my internet connection for 5 days, made no progress. Game unplayable. Very dissapointing.
  37. ProGamer
    Jan 2, 2010
    Shame on Infinity Ward!!!!!!!!! Worst CoD ever on PC I can not understand how the game has so get a good evaluation from the press! Counter Strike remains the number 1 and that will not change as long as the shooter genre is destroyed by consoles
  38. AndrewY
    Jan 20, 2010
    Don't buy this game whatever you do, i spent £55 (£100USD) on this game. with the shortest single player ever in a FPS game. As you can tell by the user the reviews, this is the most frustrating purchase ever, bad game matching in multiplayer, millions of hackers (numbers growing day by day), no anticheat support, no dedicated servers = the worst game ever. looks pretty Don't buy this game whatever you do, i spent £55 (£100USD) on this game. with the shortest single player ever in a FPS game. As you can tell by the user the reviews, this is the most frustrating purchase ever, bad game matching in multiplayer, millions of hackers (numbers growing day by day), no anticheat support, no dedicated servers = the worst game ever. looks pretty enjoyable single player for a few hours the most annoying multiplayer experience ever !!! Dont go with any Infinity Ward games !! They Spent Multi Millions, on Re Skinning COD4 !! and taking the best bits out ! a absolute CON ! Expand
  39. ChristopherM
    Jan 24, 2010
    The single player is alright but since I'm primarily focused on the multiplayer, it's unbearable. Poor host selection is commonplace and the lag can be unbearable. I find it amusing how they have a "Kick" option in the lobby screen but it's always grayed out. Theres no way to vote kick vote ban vote anything really, the best you can do is mute someones microphone but that The single player is alright but since I'm primarily focused on the multiplayer, it's unbearable. Poor host selection is commonplace and the lag can be unbearable. I find it amusing how they have a "Kick" option in the lobby screen but it's always grayed out. Theres no way to vote kick vote ban vote anything really, the best you can do is mute someones microphone but that doesn't stop racism. As of the last patch the game consistantly crashes and I get booted back to the initial screen. IW literally spit in PC gamers faces when they called the people who signed the petition to implement dedicated servers (250,000 signatures, more than you see online at any time.) If you have a cheater in your game, you might as well leave because your gaming experience will be ruined because there is no way to remove the cheater from your game. Yet at least, I would assume they would give the host the ability to kick players in later patches. Expand
  40. PerN.
    Jan 30, 2010
    I still don't understand how someone can introduce IWnet and remove dedicated servers without any serious testing at all. Spawn system is the worst I've ever seen. I do like most of the maps, prestige system is good and keeps the game going, weapons are to similar, way to much hackers and lag (caused by IWnet). Feedback from IW is absolutely 0. How they can start talking about I still don't understand how someone can introduce IWnet and remove dedicated servers without any serious testing at all. Spawn system is the worst I've ever seen. I do like most of the maps, prestige system is good and keeps the game going, weapons are to similar, way to much hackers and lag (caused by IWnet). Feedback from IW is absolutely 0. How they can start talking about an expansion with the crap they have now shows that they just want money. Expand
  41. CMM
    Feb 10, 2010
    I bought this game because several friends wanted to play something new online together. After we all be the single player and spec ops we went right into the MP. After about 30 minutes both friends uninstalled the game, but I'm still playing it somewhat here and there to get my moneys worth, but I've just about had enough of how terrible it is. Call of Duty:Medieval Warfare is FTL.
  42. IWNicejob
    Feb 1, 2010
    IW did the worst job ever in the MP the single was GREAT but the Multi isnt alot of little kids around using over powered things stabbing there is no more fun like COD4 when u needed to use ur head abit now who ever got the most over powered toys is a winner and not to mention the campers heavin with the "Camping Class" IW consider to do some changes around!
  43. G.V
    Feb 15, 2010
    No dedicated servers and IW dosent even seem to want to add them, a lazy scam for money it seems yes single player is epic and multiplayer has alot of good aspects, but it all goes to waste the second you spend 15 mins looking for a good match with a good ping (or bars in this case) i find my self looking for a game only to get bored and play another game 10-15mins later because of either No dedicated servers and IW dosent even seem to want to add them, a lazy scam for money it seems yes single player is epic and multiplayer has alot of good aspects, but it all goes to waste the second you spend 15 mins looking for a good match with a good ping (or bars in this case) i find my self looking for a game only to get bored and play another game 10-15mins later because of either Cheaters, Lag, or Taking too long to find a server. Not to mention the noob tubes, which is why IW needs to either add custom matchs with certain rules like no "Noob tubes (Granade launcher)" or just have the balls to admit thier mistake and give us dedicated servers, it can be done, and very easy there are already a few user made dedicated servers out there so it mustnt be that hard specially if its the company that owns the game. seriously... just seems like a lazy move from a company. but if your looking for a Muck around multiplayer game, and happen to be lucky enough to live near the bulk of players and playing in "peak" play times then it can be quite fun for a hour or so, but if your a hardcore multiplayer person stick with MW 1 as MW 2 offers nothing for clans or people who want to play fair matches and for long periods of time without interuption. Expand
  44. DanielV.
    Feb 7, 2010
    Worst game I have ever played, and ever will play. Infinity Ward failed about as badly as any game developer could. They had the opportunity to best one of the best first person shooters, yet they fell way too short. Also note that every single thing Jerry J. said was incorrect, it is not exciting, the graphics are a disgrace to today's standards, the story line is not in "sink" (its Worst game I have ever played, and ever will play. Infinity Ward failed about as badly as any game developer could. They had the opportunity to best one of the best first person shooters, yet they fell way too short. Also note that every single thing Jerry J. said was incorrect, it is not exciting, the graphics are a disgrace to today's standards, the story line is not in "sink" (its sync, you idiot) with our real world, it is, in fact, very far from it. Inshittity Ward has done a horrific, and shameful job. They removed everything that made Modern Warfare great, and added a bunch of BS that no one wants. All these new things like emblems and new attachments over inflate, and over complicate the game. Not to mention the lobby system, which is the worst idea I have seen anyone make in the gaming industry. EA used to be my first most hated developer, but IW easily steals such a position. Expand
  45. PaulL.
    Nov 10, 2009
    Single Player is good but not worth more than 30$. As for the multiplayer, the pc community has been raped by infinity ward. This is unforgivable! Also, beware of immature 13 yr old tea baggers on the servers.
  46. JeremyC
    Nov 11, 2009
    Singleplayer is way too short, I enjoyed CoD4's SP campaign a lot more. Multiplayer is a lag fest majority of the time. They have removed everything that makes PC games unique, no dedicated servers and no console is a ridiculous concept. Definitely going to try get a refund.
  47. JohnSA
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is the cancer killing PC gaming. No only is Activion looking to destroy the lively PC community by killing dedicated server and mods, this game hardly offers any value with the woefully short campaign while having the guts to charge you full price. Stay away or just stick to the original Modern Warfare.
  48. Doozer
    Nov 11, 2009
    A sad sad day when this kind of crapis considered the 'zenith' and the apex of all we can achieve in the gaming industry. (on any format). To be breaking sales records is an embarrasment not something we should be proud of. When will people realise these games shattering sales records do so NOT because they are good, but because they had BETTER marketing and usually because the A sad sad day when this kind of crapis considered the 'zenith' and the apex of all we can achieve in the gaming industry. (on any format). To be breaking sales records is an embarrasment not something we should be proud of. When will people realise these games shattering sales records do so NOT because they are good, but because they had BETTER marketing and usually because the money went ON the marketing rather than the development of the game. This is a terrible episode in the game industries' history, and all those who bought it (and didn't make up for that fact by slating it on metacritic/gamespot etc) deserve nothing but mediocre shit packaged up for attention deficit teens from now. You are voting when you buy this crap, and it IS crap, it's worse than COD4 and that was crap. Applies to all versions, no matter PC, PS3, 360.. you have all been shafted and IW are laughing at the millions of £/$/Etc they've effectively just conned you out of. Industry heading for a crash when shit like this keeps happening, look at the music industry... it will return to grass roots and grow again through innovation and player focus, not marketing and hype. I'm ashamed to even be a gamer today. The thing that galls me most is the sheer amount of cash that must have been spent on the hyping/advertising and paying off reviewers, rather than spending it on the game. I feel quite sorry for other game developers who maybe don't make perfect games but you can see real love and an 'attempt' at doing everything they could to please the gamer went into their games. Uncharted 2 for example (yes I'm a PC and PS3 gamer so what? It allows me to know about the subject, and I also had a 360 before it died). I've been playing FPS games since 98, spent hours on Unreal Tourney etc and it's ridiculous that even a 10+ year old game gets 'PC GAMING' right. Ok UT3 was also consolised, but at least it was so blatantly overhyped as 'the best game ever' like this atrocity (MW2) was. I honestly do not know how IW devs sleep at night, doing this to gamers, esp PC gamers ESP with the price hike. It is definitely a case of them being a business and seizing opportunities to make massive amounts of cash, it is NOTHING to do with a love of the game's subject (anymore) it's nothing to do with making the best of each system. And as I said I have nothing against consoles, I've always a computer AND a console of some kind and play games on both and there are excellent games on both - this is just a bad bad game even forgetting about all the ergonomic problems on the PC. I'd call it the gaming version of the 'Big Mac' but that would insulting to McDonalds who do actually at least give you something for your money that makes financial sense. Please, I implore not just PC gamers but console gamers also to UNITE and return/do not BUY games like this from now on. You are all being played for fools by the industry who see you/us as immature sheep who will buy anything if it is marketing enough. As gamers we do not want the nay-sayers to be proved correct that we are all a bunch of morons with no taste or ability to discern good from bad. I don't even care about the airport scene, even though I very much think it was put in as part of the hype machine, funny how that was shown on the ramp up to release... cause some 'hot press' get more sales. Nothing to do with solid gameplay, nor has the rest of the single player. As for multiplayer? Don't even go there. IW I really hope you go out of business with this 'fraud' you have effectively committed to gamers on all formats worldwide. When you know your game is average at best, poor in other areas, then how about you not try to make up for it by massive marketing to recoup costs. How about you go back to the drawing board and try again? How about you DITCH the tired formula you have been using in your long in the tooth games for too long now and try and be in it for the love of games, to progress the industry not take US ALL a step back of ten years (or worse). I hope noone ever trust's IW words again and will be more than a little cautious with ANY overhyped game in future. Expand
  49. Dan
    Nov 10, 2009
    9v9, no dedicated servers, pay for maps/DLC's, $60 dollars, steam is a must. They will learn what microsoft with PC LIVE(used to also cost money for pc) and EA learned. Wont buy for even $10 if they dont fix it.
  50. AndrejM
    Nov 10, 2009
    No custom maps No mods No tweaking No dedicated servers No playing higher then 9v9 Higher pings Harsh DRM(Steam) No community Shorter single player from CoD4 No competitive play Forced hosting $10 extra price Don't even waste your time, critic reviews are paid.
  51. GabrielA
    Nov 11, 2009
    Screw you IW, this piece of trash wasn't even worth torrenting. No way in hell am I giving you 100 dollars for a game without dedicated servers, and with only 4 hours of game play. You guys dropped the effing ball, and you ought to be ashamed.
  52. KotepJ
    Nov 11, 2009
    Single player was decent, but short. Multiplayer is literally a step back, and a big one--one would expect with a game that should stand in its multiplayer, you would want to make it as good as possible, but the response to that opinion has been 'we don't care, you'll take it and you'll like it'. My tip for anyone: don't give into the hype. The only problem Single player was decent, but short. Multiplayer is literally a step back, and a big one--one would expect with a game that should stand in its multiplayer, you would want to make it as good as possible, but the response to that opinion has been 'we don't care, you'll take it and you'll like it'. My tip for anyone: don't give into the hype. The only problem is that if you're conscientious enough to listen to me, you're probably not going to be buying MW2 in the first place. Expand
  53. JamieN
    Nov 10, 2009
    I must say that this game is too short, it took me 4 hours to complete, which isn't good. The campaign had nothing explained by the bad guy at the end, and you just throw a knife at his face and then you get dragged off to the credits WHICH YOU CANNOT SKIP. Then I decided to play the Online, which didn't even work and demanded that I change my Router settings, which ain't I must say that this game is too short, it took me 4 hours to complete, which isn't good. The campaign had nothing explained by the bad guy at the end, and you just throw a knife at his face and then you get dragged off to the credits WHICH YOU CANNOT SKIP. Then I decided to play the Online, which didn't even work and demanded that I change my Router settings, which ain't going to happen. And the game mucked up my desktop resolution and didn't change it back, so my desktop was completely messed up too. The Game also caused my decent computer to have 3 hardware restarts, even though I was playing the game on Normal settings like I did with Cod4, but the game looked even worse. Even Treyarch did a better job than this. Expand
  54. JasonL
    Nov 10, 2009
    seriously, the decision to take out dedicated server and lower the player to less then 20 in multiplayer mode is a very "SMART" decision. Since it helped my save $60 for other stuff that i liked. God bless you, IW, for helping me save my money!
  55. CallumS
    Nov 10, 2009
    omg, first of all the campaign is alright. But i bought this game for epic multiplayer but thats it's weak point! full of hackers and abusers. servers where also very laggy. I want a refund, seriously. For MP get Battlefield: Bad Company 2. if u want a decent single player experience buy this but i bought it for multiplayer.
  56. MelissaH
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is a straight console port with NO DEDICATED SERVERS, NO MODS, 4 hours SP, NO LEAN, NO LAN and only 9 vs 9 players! To top it off it is $10 more expensive than the console version... Wait until Battlefield Bad Company 2 comes out and play a real game instead!!
  57. RickD
    Nov 10, 2009
    When things like dedicated servers, a developer console, mods, and matches above 9v9 are taken out of the game I don't know what they expect us to pay $10 above retail for. Maybe it's for the mouse support, or on screen text chat...yeah.
  58. KevinL
    Nov 10, 2009
    Single-player was pretty epic, but multi is DREADED horrid. I can find connections and play fine, but this is a HUGE step down from what PC online gaming is normally like.. I'm not even gonna list the obvious disadvantages that have been debated so much already..it just sucks. The 5-hr single-player does not justify $60 (even though its awesome) and don't even get me started on Single-player was pretty epic, but multi is DREADED horrid. I can find connections and play fine, but this is a HUGE step down from what PC online gaming is normally like.. I'm not even gonna list the obvious disadvantages that have been debated so much already..it just sucks. The 5-hr single-player does not justify $60 (even though its awesome) and don't even get me started on multiplayer... I'm glad I rented it from gamefly just for the single-player. will NOT be buying this, and none of you should either... Expand
  59. SF
    Nov 10, 2009
    The single player is 5 hours long, which is far too short for the asking price of $60 - it really didn't live up to the massive hype machine surrounding it. So, with the single player campaign over in a night, why don't we try some of this multi-player? Well, considering IW decided to strip out all aspects of the PC version which seperates it from the console version, the The single player is 5 hours long, which is far too short for the asking price of $60 - it really didn't live up to the massive hype machine surrounding it. So, with the single player campaign over in a night, why don't we try some of this multi-player? Well, considering IW decided to strip out all aspects of the PC version which seperates it from the console version, the multi-player really suffers. No way of reviewing your latency, excluding a bar - so it's completely useless unless you're guessing. Host mitigation occured often, with the new host having a clear advantage. And the default FOV is locked at 65, which I can't play games at due to motion sickness. I need a FOV of 90. But IW removed the ability to have a console. So I can't edit such a simple system preference. Most anticipated game? Check. Most expensive game? Check. Totally not worth buying? Check. Expand
  60. SamuelA
    Nov 12, 2009
    How can this be. 60 dollars for a port ? come on, i know this is a milk cow. I hope EA and battlefield hits you where it hurts. This is plain greed. Why are all these reviews giving it High scores. Why did they review the game before the PC version came out. Arent you supposed to review all at once ? This is stupid. I will not pay 60 bucks. If they want i could pay 19.99 for Multiplayer How can this be. 60 dollars for a port ? come on, i know this is a milk cow. I hope EA and battlefield hits you where it hurts. This is plain greed. Why are all these reviews giving it High scores. Why did they review the game before the PC version came out. Arent you supposed to review all at once ? This is stupid. I will not pay 60 bucks. If they want i could pay 19.99 for Multiplayer only if is going to be like this. AND i will not BUY any of your GAY MAp PACKS which you are most likely going to charge us for. Expand
  61. TimothyT
    Nov 10, 2009
    Infinity Ward has killed Call of Duty on the PC with the lack of dedicated servers: High pings No mods No favorite servers Low player limit No competitive gaming No communities No clans/teams No admins etc. But then again, there's a five hour campaign for $60!
  62. TylerH.
    Nov 10, 2009
    Lets break this down as to why this game must be advoided no matter what. Dont even torrent it, doing so you acknowledge Activision/Infinity Ward created a product you want. I'll compare what features COD4 offered vs. MW2, separated by dashes... networking = client/server - peer 2 peer avg ping (us) = 25-40ms - 100+ console ability = yes - no lean funtionality = yes - no custom maps Lets break this down as to why this game must be advoided no matter what. Dont even torrent it, doing so you acknowledge Activision/Infinity Ward created a product you want. I'll compare what features COD4 offered vs. MW2, separated by dashes... networking = client/server - peer 2 peer avg ping (us) = 25-40ms - 100+ console ability = yes - no lean funtionality = yes - no custom maps = yes - no # of players = 64 - up to 18 mods = yes - no record game = yes - no kick/ban hackers = yes - no profiles saved online = no - yes select server to join = yes - no control offensive language = yes - no 0 ping host advantage = no - yes lan pay = yes - yes free demo = yes - no price = $50 - $60 If you think a 3hr, rediculous B action movie style, single player; with a few new perks and the removal of all listed above is worth more than any other game for pc at $60... then you'll only be feeding corporate greed, and you'll be letting them know its ok to raise prices in a recession, completely port a game from the inferior 360, and remove pc components that have always been in exsistance with damn near every game. Let it be known, Call of Duty had died for PC on 11/10/09. Expand
  63. DOminikS
    Nov 12, 2009
    The new trend to provide terrible console ports to the PC community is the worst thing i experienced in 2009. Multiplayer games without dedicated servers are a step back to the early beginnings of Multiplayer gaming. That' it. If you want to play SP, play Modern Warfare 1 and save 60$. It's almost the same, but with dedicated servers. It's a shame what IW did.
  64. JosephS
    Nov 10, 2009
    Short single player campaign No dedicated servers Peer to peer hosting 100ms as standard Host has the latency advantage ~10 second pause when the host disconnects No custom content like maps, mods Forced DLC with a price tag 9v9 max 65 FoV No console No recording No lean 'Tactical' nuke All of this for just $60. Although it does have some great features such as mouse support, Short single player campaign No dedicated servers Peer to peer hosting 100ms as standard Host has the latency advantage ~10 second pause when the host disconnects No custom content like maps, mods Forced DLC with a price tag 9v9 max 65 FoV No console No recording No lean 'Tactical' nuke All of this for just $60. Although it does have some great features such as mouse support, in-game text and graphics options. Expand
  65. TJM
    Nov 10, 2009
    WTF with this game?!!!I have been waiting to get on a battle in the MP and is almost impossible. After 10 min waiting when I finally connected we got the host migration BS 2 TIMES!!! and if it wasn't enough the Fking thing timed out!!!Really, this game is all about the SP, which btw, is a basic copyy and paste of CoD4 but more noob down to be "accesible" LOL. Really, stay away from WTF with this game?!!!I have been waiting to get on a battle in the MP and is almost impossible. After 10 min waiting when I finally connected we got the host migration BS 2 TIMES!!! and if it wasn't enough the Fking thing timed out!!!Really, this game is all about the SP, which btw, is a basic copyy and paste of CoD4 but more noob down to be "accesible" LOL. Really, stay away from this plague!!! Expand
  66. BradynM
    Nov 15, 2009
    No dedicated servers = no purchase. Before Infinity Ward screwed beyond everything up, this was a shoe in purchase for me. I just can't buy it in good conscience now. Infinity Ward is gone and Infinity Ward/Activision is in where the bottom line is appealing to the 14 year old casual players who are ignoring the ESRB rating anyway. Have fun, Infinity Ward. I hope you lost millions!
  67. MarkR
    Nov 10, 2009
    Infinity Ward chose to ignore gamer demands to maximize profit while lying to their original playerbase about their motivations behind destroying PC community. Don't buy this game and support games that understand the heart of PC gaming.
  68. numnum
    Nov 10, 2009
    My protest score. it is shocking that Activision are treating Pc gamers the same as console gamers. Thanks to the average idiot console gamer who for some reason feel there getting a great deal when they buy DLC have now made what was always a free update like new maps on the PC to a fracking insult to the only stable platform that has been around way before the Playstations and xboxs My protest score. it is shocking that Activision are treating Pc gamers the same as console gamers. Thanks to the average idiot console gamer who for some reason feel there getting a great deal when they buy DLC have now made what was always a free update like new maps on the PC to a fracking insult to the only stable platform that has been around way before the Playstations and xboxs where ever bloody thought of. way to go console owners. Expand
  69. Prom3th3an
    Nov 18, 2009
    Firstly, I didnt buy this game because I wanted to see what it would be like first, so I played a mates copy...in short im glad I didnt buy it. The single player campaign (if thats what you want to call it) is excessivly short. This coupled with a poorly engineered multiplayer system has effectivly killed this game and tarnished the Call of Duty name forever and reflects extremely poorly Firstly, I didnt buy this game because I wanted to see what it would be like first, so I played a mates copy...in short im glad I didnt buy it. The single player campaign (if thats what you want to call it) is excessivly short. This coupled with a poorly engineered multiplayer system has effectivly killed this game and tarnished the Call of Duty name forever and reflects extremely poorly on Infinity Ward. The lack of modding support that would normally make a game like this last for a long time is of course a real slap in the face to the PC gamers who made the CoD name what it is today. The lack of dedicated servers is also a killer, putting to much ownes on P2P hosters. Most home conections have less that 64k of uploading bandwidth which is not enough to sustain the numbers that made CoD 4 an excellent multiplay enviroment. The matchmaing system is at best flawed, last night I connected to a game in america, the lag was unbearable. Overall Infinity Ward have basically given the loyal PC gamers the finger and its about time they sit down and think about how they are going to fix this and fast, for I wont be investing in any further CoD games untill they get thier act together. Expand
  70. EvilAcid
    Nov 22, 2009
    no dedicated for 1 for 2 you have to open ports leaving you vulnerable to hackers well for 3 you will have to pay for content that came with the game to be unlocked down the line. 60$ was way to much for a game that has a value of 20$ bassed with the fact u can choose the server u want to be in and getting ripped off by there suposably great new match making system i sarcasticly say that no dedicated for 1 for 2 you have to open ports leaving you vulnerable to hackers well for 3 you will have to pay for content that came with the game to be unlocked down the line. 60$ was way to much for a game that has a value of 20$ bassed with the fact u can choose the server u want to be in and getting ripped off by there suposably great new match making system i sarcasticly say that as it isnt true. and last but not least i wonder how much they payed alot of these people to give MW2 a high score and say the game is great when it isnt at all prooven with the no dedicated servers. with that said i can see IW possibly going under a big lawsuit down the line since now there welcoming hackers to hack the game/peoples info..... and many other things as well. Expand
  71. anonymous
    Dec 7, 2009
    If you are looking to play online I suggest you look else where. The gameplay is ok but the multiplayer is terrible no servers and a bunch of cheats
  72. NickT
    Dec 9, 2009
    A kick in the face to all PC gamers. Activision and IW said screw you and made a terrible multiplayer system that is a straight port from the consoles...Waste of moeny
  73. PJL
    Jan 13, 2010
    The singleplayer really sucked. Played at veteran. They added a co-op. Rather played the singleplayer with 2 then these rip off co-op missions. The multiplayer could of been good. Iwnet is not the thing for pc. Trying to find games with a partysize larger then 3 is very difficult. You end up being put in a game whereas your friends get the message server is full. You can never join a The singleplayer really sucked. Played at veteran. They added a co-op. Rather played the singleplayer with 2 then these rip off co-op missions. The multiplayer could of been good. Iwnet is not the thing for pc. Trying to find games with a partysize larger then 3 is very difficult. You end up being put in a game whereas your friends get the message server is full. You can never join a server already in progress. Right clicking a friend and joining in that game is impossible. There are no dedicated servers instead there is one host over p2p. Everyone connects to him. To not give him an advantage the host is given a little lag aswell i supose ? The achievements which you get in steam only show up briefly in the startup but are nowhere to be found. There is no possibility to customize. No console. No modding options. Expand
  74. todd
    Jan 14, 2010
    I can't believe that this game is selling for $60 a copy. I understand that activision has to make money but even at $5 a copy they're raking in 5 billion dollars. You cant tell me that it takes a billion dollars to make an hour worth of gameplay. The worst thing is this game is setting up the industry to raise the price of all games. Now while most people will say," Quit being I can't believe that this game is selling for $60 a copy. I understand that activision has to make money but even at $5 a copy they're raking in 5 billion dollars. You cant tell me that it takes a billion dollars to make an hour worth of gameplay. The worst thing is this game is setting up the industry to raise the price of all games. Now while most people will say," Quit being so cheap, you'll play the game tons of times." Well, it's unfortunate but being a gamer my whole life i've become bored with first person shooters since they're all becoming cut from the same mould. Sure the graphics are better and they are making games more like movies but how many war movies have you seen with the same content as mw2? Terrorists killing innocents have been in every modern war movie ever concieved. The only difference is now we're all sick enough to pay to be the terrorist. Hell, just putting that little bit of immoral behavior in made them another 10 billion. It reminds me of a time that a man in my home town was wrapped around a pto shaft on a grain auger and everyone in town drove out to see the aftermath. Raises the question,"Why the hell would you drive out to see someone mutilated?" Well, why the hell would you pay to mutilate innocents? I've always justified playing fps' under the idea that if i was drafted and put in a situation where i had to kill that i would only kill something that had intention to kill me. So shooting nazis that shoot back, ok. Shooting good, honest people, no. And sure you can skip it but the majority of the people who heard about this game bought it because of the contriversy and even if they skip it the first time around inevitably temptation and curiousity kicks in. It's a blatent marketing ploy to sell more copies and nothing else. Some say the story justifies it but if in the real world this happens we say there is no justifcation for such actions. All i'm really saying is think before you buy. At some point people have to draw a line how much 10 cents of silicon and 5 hours of gameplay is really worth. Wouldn't be suprised if by the end of 2010 that games will go for $100 a copy. Why not? most people are becoming so addicted to video games that the price could go up and people would just pay more to get there fix. Dont get me wrong, video games are great but i think you'd be better of giving your $50 to sustainable energy so that the human race can survive global warming rather then being wastefull, selfish, and lazy contributing nothing to society except by taking up space. Expand
  75. JoaquinB
    Jan 15, 2010
    This game is over-rated and the company's that rate this game high are only trying to get something out of IW. This game is really only a single player game. without dedicated servers, map-making, modding this game is an extreme flop.
  76. JonS
    Jan 15, 2010
    Single player is seemless. I played it up untill we started slaughtering cilvilians in an airport. I was hoping for big maps, vehicles and a little realism in the multiplayer. Tiny "speed courses", no dedicated servers and spawn killing "perks" is what we got.
  77. RobH
    Jan 17, 2010
    This thing is a pathetic hack of a second rate console shooter. VAC is a complete joke to the point that cheat sites are openly advertised during the game. For me and the other person trying to play this honestly, it's a waste of time.
  78. jordanb
    Jan 17, 2010
    game does not even come close to what they said the game would offer. wall hacks aim bot in almost every game. LAG? yeah there is lag only person with a good ping is the host. and don't tell me that 100-150 ping is good. and cellphone bars to show ping? wtf and bars for ping i don't even join server with ping over 60. so in all Infinity ward are liars and should all be hung to die
  79. vundo31337
    Jan 2, 2010
    garbage...more hackers than COD4...and activision will not refund the game.
  80. MasonA
    Jan 2, 2010
    People buy this game for the multiplayer. that was absolutely destroyed. Thanks a lot IW. horrible horrible experience. DO NOT BUY.
  81. AlainL
    Jan 21, 2010
    The multiplayer just su**s. The LAG is horrific. There are way too many HACKERS. Weapons are not balanced (in my opinion). The killstreaks are too overpowered ( getting more than 20 kills with 1 reward is overpowered I think).
  82. JasonH
    Jan 20, 2010
    By far and away the MOST overhyped game of ALL time. Bar none. Unbelievable. COD had very strong appeal to me in the 32 player (bot fillable) multiplayer. I'll go back and play that again before I retry this junk.
  83. ArturR
    Jan 24, 2010
    Last time in my live I purchase COD. Short single player and console like multi player without dedicated servers. Sorry guys "0" is my score.
  84. BobD.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Bad porting, and horrific backwards step in MP online make this a complete pass. Don't bother. Wait for BFBC2.
  85. FrodgeM.
    Jan 31, 2010
    Single player was ok, spec ops was cool, multiplayer can be seen to be as "First, shove glass through your eyes, then slowy attempt to chew gasoline, doesn't matter if you swallow or not, put your feet in the sinks garborator while sitting inside the compactor, turn on the compactor, put your hands in a containor full of cockroaches and razor blades, shake thouroughly, pour crabs Single player was ok, spec ops was cool, multiplayer can be seen to be as "First, shove glass through your eyes, then slowy attempt to chew gasoline, doesn't matter if you swallow or not, put your feet in the sinks garborator while sitting inside the compactor, turn on the compactor, put your hands in a containor full of cockroaches and razor blades, shake thouroughly, pour crabs covered in fiberglass all over your body while trying to eat scorpions, and make sure you set the tiger pen's cage open before you begin." Enjoy? Collapse
  86. bigpimpn
    Jan 3, 2010
    Lack of simple PC FPS features like dedicated servers and developer console ruin any capabilities of competitive play. "Picking the best host" is total bull and it has even chose my friend with a 1mbps line and an old athlon x2 939 4000+ over my 10 mbps line and far better gpu/cpu/ram... it chooses bad hosts and makes any pub multiplayer agonizing... in conclusion bad pub play + no Lack of simple PC FPS features like dedicated servers and developer console ruin any capabilities of competitive play. "Picking the best host" is total bull and it has even chose my friend with a 1mbps line and an old athlon x2 939 4000+ over my 10 mbps line and far better gpu/cpu/ram... it chooses bad hosts and makes any pub multiplayer agonizing... in conclusion bad pub play + no competitive play = bad game. Expand
  87. MarkC
    Jan 6, 2010
    Multiplayer review here... No dedicated servers can't work for a FPS game, enough said.
  88. Hotdaddy
    Jan 9, 2010
    The hype for PC is clearly overrated. Have fun getting your 2 minutes of enjoyment every hour due to the massive lag this game has. There are no dedicated servers, so there is rarely EVER a game that has good ping. The host will have about 100, and everyone else will accumulate 200+, sitting in a pool of rubber-banding lag. The 86 Metascore clearly did not play MW2 online and rate it The hype for PC is clearly overrated. Have fun getting your 2 minutes of enjoyment every hour due to the massive lag this game has. There are no dedicated servers, so there is rarely EVER a game that has good ping. The host will have about 100, and everyone else will accumulate 200+, sitting in a pool of rubber-banding lag. The 86 Metascore clearly did not play MW2 online and rate it after, or they would've seen the major flaws of any gaming company. And we all know if you're going to buy MW2 you're going to play online. The 6 hour single-player campaign on veteran does not last you more than a week of fun. Not worth your $60. Expand
  89. TomRose
    Feb 16, 2010
    Game fails to even achieve what the box claims it can do. Expect hackers to always whip your arse. Hosting, realtime play, and characters can all be hacked to the benefit of the hacker. Expect to be blown out of the water by a 45 year old nakid fat computer programmer with nothing better to do but show how steam security and this game just all out fail.
  90. IWNET
    Feb 18, 2010
    This game is master fail at all, there is no dedicated server, Hackers are still fraggin around, I will never buy IW's game ever since they announced there is nothing wrong with game last month. No problem? Screw u IW, there are avrage 2 wall hackers and 1 aimbotter per fking server, have you guys played this fking multiplayer ever? and Lag problem is horrifing gameplay at ALL, and This game is master fail at all, there is no dedicated server, Hackers are still fraggin around, I will never buy IW's game ever since they announced there is nothing wrong with game last month. No problem? Screw u IW, there are avrage 2 wall hackers and 1 aimbotter per fking server, have you guys played this fking multiplayer ever? and Lag problem is horrifing gameplay at ALL, and single player was O.K, but not great as M.W1. so there was NO PROGRESS FROM MW1 AT ALL. now go do something better IW, you guys downed me down to the hell, good-bye. Expand
  91. joew
    Apr 16, 2010
    in its current state its worth nothing
  92. BenRassmussen
    Apr 17, 2010
    Sorely Disapointed.
  93. Serp
    Apr 27, 2010
    In the begin I was very happy with this game but now.. It's now overwhelmed with hackers a system that don't even works just a rip-off from a console. And then they ask other PC gamers to buy a %@#$$ 15 euros for 5 maps and 2 of them are old maps. And all of this content stays allready on disk 2 !!! So you have to pay what you allready have. IW is lost now I hope that RE will In the begin I was very happy with this game but now.. It's now overwhelmed with hackers a system that don't even works just a rip-off from a console. And then they ask other PC gamers to buy a %@#$$ 15 euros for 5 maps and 2 of them are old maps. And all of this content stays allready on disk 2 !!! So you have to pay what you allready have. IW is lost now I hope that RE will make his return with finally a good game (what is NOT a rip-off from a console). Expand
  94. CharlesD
    Nov 11, 2009
    The campaign is similar to COD 4, less credible and shorter, still on rails and hella scripted. But the main problem is the multiplayer: without servers and mods there's no community, so no clans, no tournaments, no competitions, plus IWNET is a lagfest brutally nerfed in gameplay (with rewards to the worst players ). This is the worst mp launched to PC, and supporting this game you The campaign is similar to COD 4, less credible and shorter, still on rails and hella scripted. But the main problem is the multiplayer: without servers and mods there's no community, so no clans, no tournaments, no competitions, plus IWNET is a lagfest brutally nerfed in gameplay (with rewards to the worst players ). This is the worst mp launched to PC, and supporting this game you will only can expect the things going worse. Expand
  95. iippo
    Nov 11, 2009
    This was supposed to be our main clan game. Well, somehow IW managed to fail foolproof concept and ruin the that was supposed to be THE game we are going to play with pals for the next couple years. Someone ought to be fired really. About cheating - ive seen two times cheater on our server and both times they were banned in a flash. Console-boys, dont go speaking about cheating when you This was supposed to be our main clan game. Well, somehow IW managed to fail foolproof concept and ruin the that was supposed to be THE game we are going to play with pals for the next couple years. Someone ought to be fired really. About cheating - ive seen two times cheater on our server and both times they were banned in a flash. Console-boys, dont go speaking about cheating when you clearly dont have any idea what youre speaking about. 9vs9 games would be enough for MOST clan matches, but atleast I do want to play 32 player fraghells in the cod4 shipment from time to time. So I dont get what people gain from the player reduction - just go play on 2vs2 servers if you like that kind of gaming. There WERE that kind of dedicated servers too you know? Expand
  96. asdasd
    Nov 10, 2009
    Its Shooting game 7 with BREATHTAKING GRAPHICS, EFFECTIVE GAMEPLAY, POWERFUL CONTROLS AND SIXTEEN NEW GUNS which brings nothing new to the genre or the industry. Also Nice corruption of gaming media there, Activision-Blizz, free tours and videogame hand-outs to the reviewers works wonders.
  97. PantsmanM
    Nov 11, 2009
    I haven't bought the game, and so I haven't played the game. But I figure that that means my experience with it is the same as that of someone who preordered it on Steam, and since we're now beyond the launch date, that ought to make me qualified to review it, right? And I've gotta say, not being able to play a game I bought would totally suck!
  98. JulioJ
    Nov 10, 2009
    60 dollars for such a pathetic excuse for a "sequel". The single player campaign is fine, I am sure. But the multiplayer on the PC version has been dubbed and degraded down to a console level. 9v9? No dedicated servers? Host ping advantage? Instant failure to all the honest and loyal gamers out there that supported Infinity Ward. Knowing Robert Kotick, he will make IW release DLC later on 60 dollars for such a pathetic excuse for a "sequel". The single player campaign is fine, I am sure. But the multiplayer on the PC version has been dubbed and degraded down to a console level. 9v9? No dedicated servers? Host ping advantage? Instant failure to all the honest and loyal gamers out there that supported Infinity Ward. Knowing Robert Kotick, he will make IW release DLC later on that will allow for the PC version to gain the same elements as before back for a hefty price. 10-20 dollars I give it. No less. Expand
  99. RandallS
    Nov 11, 2009
    No dedicated servers? No user modification? This truly is completely outrageous. If I wanted an Xbox game I'd go and buy an Xbox. Infinity Ward completely misunderstands the advantages that a PC has over an Xbox and as a result eliminated them in this game! I honestly can't put into words how appalled I am by how blatantly IW, a studio that I've always considered No dedicated servers? No user modification? This truly is completely outrageous. If I wanted an Xbox game I'd go and buy an Xbox. Infinity Ward completely misunderstands the advantages that a PC has over an Xbox and as a result eliminated them in this game! I honestly can't put into words how appalled I am by how blatantly IW, a studio that I've always considered innovative, has leaped backwards. This is unacceptable, and I will be returning my copy to Gamespot. IW needs to add support for dedicated servers and make things the way they should be. I've unfortunately lost trust in IW and will not be purchasing any more of their games without first trying them. Expand
  100. ColtenM
    Nov 10, 2009
    Less features for an increased price tag. Gimped multiplayer with no dedicated servers. Does not have the features that i would like to see in a 70 dollar game. Activision and Infinity ward really dropped the ball on the PC version of this game.

The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is identical to the console versions in almost every way, and that's actually the problem. PC gamers have a certain expectation for online shooters. Removing dedicated server and user mod support from a game that's already $10 more than its predecessor seriously hinders the long term appeal for me.
  2. Modern Warfare 2 will leave you breathless.
  3. It looks better, it plays better, the story is more intense and the multiplayer is more inviting. And with the inclusion of SpecOps, the longevity of this game is sure to have increased as well.